The Kitten, the Witches and the Bad Wardrobe - Willow & Tara Forever

General Chat  || Kitten  || WaV  || Pens  || Mi2  || GMP  || TiE  || FAQ  || Feed - The Kitten, the Witches and the Bad Wardrobe

All times are UTC - 8 hours [ DST ]

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 180 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6  Next
 Post subject: Re: Unparalleled Love/Chapter 7
PostPosted: Thu Dec 25, 2003 5:22 am 
Excellent update! Hope to see the next update really soon! Happy Holidays!

-Cin aka FIRESIGN:applause

Post subject: hurrah! i mean, xams greetings and all that
PostPosted: Thu Dec 25, 2003 6:12 am 
:applause

um, i'm so glad you continued. it's a great antidote to christmas boyfriend stories and pretend celibacy...

amazing, thanks :)

xox

bluemote

PostPosted: Thu Dec 25, 2003 8:16 am 
Thanks for the update, I really enjoyed reading it and yes it was considerably less angsty:flirt ..I like the direction of the story:flower . I can anticipate things heating up between our:tara :willow ; what with going from the couch to the top bunk to the spooning of Tara:glasses , and yes who will the baby look like?:hmm Hhmmm.:p . Cant wait to :read more, I am trully a fan of your fic... Happy Holidays to you, hope the New Year brings many blessings for you and your loved ones..

Oh and please reconsider ending this fic... it's just too Good!!!

:love :love :love :love

Can we just skip it... Can you just be kissing me now...

:bigkiss

Edited by: Mmmm Amberhand at: 12/31/03 1:56 am

PostPosted: Thu Dec 25, 2003 2:26 pm 
Aww.. I'm so loving this!! :bounce I truly loved Willow's reaction to Tara being pregnant.

Quote:
"Nothing bad. Just the opposite, really. I was just struck at how wonderful it is to watch you react to the news…twice."

This really got to me... And the whole "feeling the baby move" bit...There's something so intimate about that and you captured it perfectly. Can I say again how much I love this story. Well, here it is: I LOVE IT!! Excellent stuff!

Only one more chapter to go? sniff, sniff..

PostPosted: Thu Dec 25, 2003 11:40 pm 
Hmm...

Well, call me fickle, but I wasn't all that thrilled with this update. It felt a little rushed to me and was a little lacking in detail. And what do you mean that this is the LAST chapter?!?!?! There's a lot of stuff that needs exploring! You would think that it would take several updates for Willow and Tara to develop their relationship into a romantic one, but alas, such is not the case.

Please tell me that you were joking about the "last update" thing, and that the next chapter will be a lot more slow-paced and detailed?

And please, take as much time as you need to make that happen.

---------------------------------

There she is! There she is... ahh... Not so wounded as we were led to believe... So much the better.
--Khan, "Star Trek II: WOK"

From The Land of Tolerance,

---The Texan Zeppo

PostPosted: Fri Dec 26, 2003 3:00 am 
I'm sorry I'm late in giving feedback. As with all the others, this update was awesome. I especially enjoyed the offer of support and friendship given freely to Tara. And the part where Willow felt the baby move made me smile.

Looking foward to next part.

PostPosted: Fri Dec 26, 2003 6:01 am 
I haven't been on this board in a long time and your story is the one I 'eeny meeny miny moed'. :p I am truly loving it! Pregnant Tara? Pregnant Tara by Willow? I like - scratch that - Love! I really wish you would reconsider ending this. It is really great!

Can't wait to read more.

Ashley.

Willow: We can come by between classes. Usually I use that time to copy over my class notes with a system of different colored pens. But it's been pointed out to me that that's, you know... insane.

Tara: I said quirky.

PostPosted: Fri Dec 26, 2003 3:07 pm 
Wonderful update, nice to see the gang rally around Tara.

I'm betting the baby looks just like Willow!

Ashley!! :applause Long time no see girlfriend :glasses ...Welcome back. Always need help begging for updates! :wink

BV

"When choosing between two evils, I always like to take the one I've never tried before"-Mae West

PostPosted: Sat Dec 27, 2003 5:22 pm 
Heh, yeah Willow is going to get all protective and hyper-active now.. :-) Obviously Willow will take care of Tara and her baby, no matter that this is a 'other' Tara. It's very likely indeed that the baby will look somewhat like Willow as well as Tara. It *is* their baby after all.

Sad to read the next update will be the final one :cry . I guess you can't describe all of their life to the grave, heh... still you've create a lot of potential for story-lines here.

I definitly do want Willow and Tara to talk about what Tara went through that final year. Want Tara to deal with that somehow, not keep it all bottled up... can't be healthy. Besides, Willow wants to share/help her with that so badly.

Grimmy

--
"You hurt Tara," Willow said too calmly. "The last one who tried that was a god. I made her regret it." -- Unexpected Consequences by Lisa of Nine

PostPosted: Sun Dec 28, 2003 2:44 am 
I liked the way you moved this, obviously this would take some time to get along. And Willow sleeping with her arms around Tara like that... sigh. Perfect. Strange it has not moved beyond that at all, perhaps in the next and last chapter.

- - - - - - - - - - -
"Hard work often pays off after time but laziness always pays off now!"

PostPosted: Sun Dec 28, 2003 6:58 am 
Hi,
I loved the update but am saddened by the prospect of only one more.This has been a wild ride on a wonderful emotional roller-coaster.Please Please please say there will be a sequel.Fantastic job I can't hardly wait for the next installment.
Be well,Karen

PostPosted: Sun Dec 28, 2003 10:04 pm 
Quote:
Xander's eyebrows were in danger of overlapping. "How does that work?"

"They used a spell, Xander. Don't hurt yourself trying to figure out the specifics," Willow explained.

I think I say this every time, but I really enjoy your Willow.

Quote:
And even if he could give one [testicle] up, which one would it be? Try as they might, none of the women in the house could muster a straight face whenever he cornered them for advice on the matter.

Can't tell you how long I laughed at this. Is this not just the kind of situation in which only Xander could find himself?

The journal, the house-hunting, the nightmares over baby-holding anxieties...all of this is incredibly touching. Willow's so far gone, so in love -- it comes shining through in your words.

I love the pace of this story. Will you leave the door open for a sequel? (Hey, a betagirl's allowed to dream!)

Lovers4ever, you're right. I am very lucky! I gotta tell ya, there's nothing like being told you're beautiful over a nice cheese pizza. Makes a girl feel like life holds limitless possibilities.

...when we find That Kind of Love...

PostPosted: Mon Dec 29, 2003 7:55 am 
Hey there:)

I'm a little bit late....but...:)

I'm there with....allykat about the line....I have no idea why but there was really something special about it....I actually reread it like 10 times before moving on....LOL:grin

I really liked this update, unlike previous it made me laugh :lol :lol Xander and spells :lol :lol :lol Tara and Willow....ah... sweet....:heart :heart ....

You sure do know how to shock people.....if it's not by the update then it's by saying that NEXT chapter is the LAST chapter?!?!!? What do you mean LAST chapter?!?!?!!?!? You can't....it's it's....:sob :sob :sob . I thought it was going to be one of those looooooooooong wonderful fics;) that have like 100 pages or so;) I hope to read more of your fics really:) Keep it up.

:peace :heart

M.

---------------------

"..I feel you, I taste you, I cannot forget, everytime it rains I get wet..." (c) Ace of Base

"I want to go back to...Believing in everything and knowing nothing at all.."(c) Evanescence

"I'm sorry..."- Me " You are NOT sorry" -Holly

PostPosted: Mon Dec 29, 2003 9:46 pm 
With everyone else here!!! I think this has been so excellent. I am also sad that the next will be the last chapter but I am hoping it will be a really long one :pray :wink

Pregnant Tara with Willow spooning her each night, wonderfully perfect :kiss :flower :bigkiss

To accumulate merit and wisdom

Post subject: Re: Unparalleled Love
PostPosted: Wed Dec 31, 2003 8:12 am 
AMAZING...your writing is simply amazing! It is powerful, sad, beautiful...I could go on and on. I really felt, while reading this, that I was experiencing the feelings with the characters...you tapped into their personalities so well. I both look forward to and dread the last chapter...please please tell me there's a sequel planned?! :pray

:flower :flower :flower

I hope you continue to grace us with your talent!

~Tiffany

PostPosted: Wed Dec 31, 2003 9:40 am 
I can't believe I missed your past updates! I love this story, with all of its angst and sweetness, its flashbacks and just your ideas and your way with words. This is a real treat to read.

Willow: Hey Buff. One more thing. Buffy: Yeah? Willow: I’m gay. Buffy: Okay, Will. Xander owes me ten bucks.

~Remember to Breathe by Yellow Crayon

PostPosted: Wed Dec 31, 2003 1:56 pm 

I didn't comment on the one before this one :blush

I will admit as soon as I read she was pregnant it sort of put me off :paranoid

however

I read the latest one and I think that you've done it very very well. :D

just Nicks

:glasses

"I am not looking for Ms Right, SHE is looking for me" ~ just Nicks

Post subject: Re: Unparalleled Love/Chapter 7 Feedback
PostPosted: Thu Jan 01, 2004 3:31 am 
As always, you guys blow me away with your insightful comments and encouraging words. I will truly miss reading your thoughts and seeing things as you see them.

TaraBaby77 - I’m so glad you liked this last update. I think you put it well when you said that Tara is part of the Scooby family. (too bad those in charge of episode credits didn’t see it that way)

Arwen276 - I had to speed up the story at this point because I had hit my limit for writing angst. I think that’s why I had Tara be pregnant - it helps move things along because it creates an immediate issue to divert everyone from Willow and Tara’s losses. Plus, as you said, it should help to bring our girls closer together just that much faster (hint, hint)

Thebardgirl - I, too, will be sorry to end this story (although it was completed before I ever started posting). I guess I should say I’ll be sad at not being able to have a story to share with you wonderful folks anymore. Thanks for calling my story fabulous in your fabulous feedback!

FIRESIGN - Glad you liked the update. I was tempted to make everyone wait and wait and wait for the next update, just because I don’t want this whole reader feedback thing to end. But that would just be mean.

bluemote - How could I not continue? I’m happy the story proved to be an antidote for you. It’s my antidote also to tragic conclusions of wonderful love stories.

Mmmm Amberhand - Good to know you like the direction of the story. You should really enjoy this last chapter then. Oh yeah, things are heating up. This last chapter is a little . . . steamy.

allykat - You picked up on all the stuff that I loved writing in this chapter. Thank you.

TexanZeppo256 - I thought some readers might be disappointed at how the story speeds up right about now. I’ve read tons of stories which drag out the reconnection and I knew I didn’t have anything new to add to the process. I’m hoping you won’t be too disappointed by the last chapter. The last update is a mix of one or two very detailed scenes and some wrapping up stuff. I could take more time before posting the last chapter, but the fact of the matter is, this story was completed before I ever started posting. I’m flattered that you want the story to last longer. I wish this give-and-take feedback could continue forever!

Marilda - So glad you enjoyed the update. It’s a sublime experience to fill in Tara’s life with warmth and acceptance. I consider her to be one of the most sympathetic characters ever written for television and I feel she deserved so much more than what she got.

MissQuirky - So happy that this story came out the winner in the eeny meeny miny mo choosing process! I’ve seen plenty of pregnant Tara stories, and I worked hard to not cover old territory. Thanks for your encouraging words.

barnabasvamp - How could the gang not rally around Tara? Heck, don’t we all want to rally around Tara? So you think the baby will look like Willow? Hmmmm Guess you’ll have to read the last chapter to find out.

Grimlock72 - Of course Willow will become protective and take charge. Her heart would allow no less when Tara is concerned. I’m flattered that you don’t want the story to end. I set out to change the way things ended and writing this was very satisfying. I can’t address the rest of your comments until AFTER the last update ‘cause that might give too much away.

xita - Thank you for appreciating the fact that I had to move things along. Sometimes a story can suffer from prolonged angst and lose sight of undeniable chemistry.

good2cats - I agree that this story has been a wild roller-coaster of a read. It was an emotional roller coaster to write! I was a basket case for a month of writing and re-writing. A sequel? I hadn’t considered it, but I’m flattered you think I could write one.

TKOLove - I hate that Xander has to go through so much for the Scooby gang, but it‘s just too much fun playing with his loyal, goofy character. Yet another reader who wants a sequel? You guys are too much.

. . . and I would think that being adored while sharing a cheese pizza would be a good start to something much more.

YMKA - I wanted so much to surround Tara with the love and respect that she deserved in her life (and didn‘t get), it was a luxury to double up on it with each Willow whenever possible. One hundred pages?!? No way could I sustain anyone’s interest for that long, but I’m thrilled that you think I could pull it off.

so why so sad - I don’t think you’ll be disappointed by the length of the last chapter. It’s super long.

Dazed and Confused 83 - Your compliments about my writing just make me want to poke my foot in the ground while saying, “aw shucks . . . “. It’s great that you could feel what the characters were feeling. I tried my best to get into and under their skin as much as possible. I just love all this talk of a sequel, but hold any thoughts on this until you read the final chapter. You never know, you may change your mind.”

Tempest Duer - Wow. Thanks for all your kind words and comments. It was a treat to write as well.

JustNicks - I figured some people would be put off by Tara‘s pregnancy. I confess to cringing at the over-use of this plot device myself. It just seemed the best way to meld the two parallel worlds and our lovers. I purposely avoided explicitly detailing the pregnancy because it’s been done so many times before, and by better writers. Thanks for reading on despite your reservations. I hope the final chapter doesn’t disappoint.

Post subject: Re: Unparalleled Love/Chapter 8
PostPosted: Thu Jan 01, 2004 4:36 am 
Well, this is it folks - the final chapter in my little tale. It has been a privilege to post amongst such gifted and loyal writers, not to mention the thrill at knowing so many of you have read and enjoyed this fic. The whole Kitten community is the most incredible gathering of warm and supportive Tara and Willow lovers to ever grace the planet. You have all rocked my world. Thanks and Happy New Year.

Unparalleled Love

Author : Lovers4Ever

Distribution: Just let me know first.

Spoilers: This story takes place shortly after the conclusion of the last season of BtVS, season 7. There’s an ever so slight crossover with Angel.

Rating: R

Pairing: W/T

Disclaimer: I own none of these characters. I am making no money by writing this story, but having this opportunity to bring these two women back together when they should never have been parted makes me feel very rich indeed.

Summary: This is a highly angsty story of reunion and healing. It starts a few months after the last season of Buffy. There’s a lot of emotional bloodletting, as it were, but there will be warm fuzzies in the end. Really. Also, there’s a slight diversion from canon: for purposes of this story (and my own psyche.)

This story comes courtesy of TKOLove, without whom this love story and one other could not have been written.

Unparalleled Love

Chapter Eight

What started as mutual affection and familiarity was growing into something stronger for Tara and Willow. Tension, of a sexual nature, was sliding into their heretofore relaxed interactions. Sleeping in each other’s arms was causing Willow and Tara to wake up aroused and frustrated. Each was subconsciously waiting for something, a sign or a feeling, that would signify this union was genuine and not formed out of love’s habits.

Willow helped Tara locate an obstetrician and everyone came along for the baby’s first sonogram. They didn’t just wait in the lobby, either. Dawn, Xander, Buffy, Willow, Tara, Dr. Serrano, and her nurse all piled into the small examining room. Willow stood closest to Tara and they shared emotional smiles while Tara’s stomach was prepped. Everyone was exuberant. Dawn brought her camera. After squirting some gel on Tara’s belly to facilitate the process, the doctor started sliding the scanning apparatus around in search of the fetus.

Buffy pointed at one of the monitors. “Look, there’s the heartbeat!” They all leaned in closer, waiting for an image to appear on the screen. Dawn snapped a few pictures while they waited. The screen showed blobs of gray floating around and then suddenly there it was! Dawn jumped up and down grabbing Buffy’s arm. Tara instinctively reached out and took Willow’s hand, squeezing it hard. Xander put his arms around everyone and stared at the little body with its little parts.

The gang ooh’ed and aah’ed and had goofy smiles plastered on their faces. Each Scooby proudly took on the role of honorary parent. “Would any of you like to operate the transducer?” Dr. Serrano asked, while motioning with the scanning probe. No one in the gang had expected this turn of events. They all begged off quickly, not feeling worthy of the task.

Tara let go of Willow’s hand and said, “Will you do it?”

“No, no, no. I would do it wrong, maybe hurt you or the baby.”

“You can’t hurt her with this. Just make sure to keep it in motion,” the doctor added.

“Because holding it in one spot could send out sound waves that might hurt the baby’s eardrums,” Willow said as if she were quoting a textbook.

“See, you’ve already read up on this. Give it a try,” Tara gently implored. Willow could deny Tara nothing. Forcing her hands not to shake, Willow took the wand in her hand and tried to mimic the doctor’s earlier movements.

“Will, just pretend it’s a big computer mouse,” Xander suggested.

“You’re a natural, Dr. Rosenberg,” Buffy said cheerfully while Dawn took more pictures. “Can we find out the sex yet? Dawn and I have been practicing our ‘it’s a girl’ dance.”

“Now hold on,” Xander responded. “Just give me a minute and I’m sure I could come up with a superior ‘it’s a boy, nyah, nyah, nyah, nyah, nyah’ dance.”

“Would you guys cool it! You’re making Tara laugh and her tummy is doing all the dancing. This is hard enough when she’s not moving,” Willow lamented. But Willow did use the wand adeptly, chasing down the baby’s elusive form and bringing it up on the screen for all to see. “I’m not seeing any telltale private parts.”

The doctor explained that it was too early for gender determination; it would come during a sonogram later in the pregnancy.

Willow looked to see if Tara was disappointed at having to wait awhile to know the gender of the baby. Tara looked right at Willow and mouthed the word “girl.” Willow was so astonished by this secret information she almost dropped the transducer. She quickly handed the equipment back to the doctor who pointed out to everyone the baby’s major body organs. She also took some measurements and said Tara was on schedule for delivery around April 9th.

The gang became quiet as the reality of the situation hit home. This baby really existed. It wasn’t just a dream conjured from some other dimension. It was coming whether they wanted it or not. But they definitely wanted it.

The doctor printed several images of the baby as she and the nurse put the equipment away. The nurse cleaned up most of the residual goo, then she handed Tara some tissues to finish the job. As the rest of the group filed out of the examining room, Tara handed Willow some tissues, too. “Can you help? This stuff is everywhere.” Willow took the proffered tissues and tried to de-goo Tara as best as possible, although her hands were shaking slightly. They slept in the same bed each night, but this simple act seemed to offer more intimacy than Willow knew how to handle. Just the two of them were left in the office now. Willow couldn’t keep her eyes off of the slight swell of Tara’s stomach. As Tara stood up and pulled her clothes back into place, she noticed that Willow’s shoulders were shaking and there were tears on her cheeks.

Without warning, Willow dropped to her knees in front of Tara. She placed her hands on Tara’s hips and tenderly whispered into her belly. “We’re all waiting for you. We can’t wait to meet you, baby girl.” Then Willow wrapped her arms around Tara’s lower back and pressed her cheek into Tara’s belly, holding on to Tara much as one holds onto a life preserver all alone in the bobbing sea.

Now Tara was crying, too. She put her hands on top of Willow’s head and stroked her hair.

Willow stood up and, in a strangled voice, asked “How does that work?”

Sniffling, Tara said, “How does what work, sweetheart?”

“I already love her. I haven’t even met her and I already love her so much!” Willow sobbed as Tara pulled her close. This baby bonded them together and redefined their roles in this reality. They stood holding each other, feeling complete at last, each woman finally forgiving herself for being the lover who survived.

Buffy peeked in to let them know the doctor needed her examining room back. She didn’t need slayer senses to see something intense was going on and she ducked out immediately after delivering the message. Willow and Tara relaxed their embrace, keeping their arms entwined, and their faces just inches apart.

"So, what else do you know about this baby, this girl baby? You've been holding out on me." Willow teased.

Tara smiled and thought about it a minute. "I guess I should have told you that earlier. I didn't know if you wanted to be surprised."

"Oh, I was surprised."

"Well, I know she has a pretty mean kick." They both giggled.

"True enough." Willow was glad to be let in on what Tara knew about the baby. Still, Tara’s reticence at confiding in Willow before now only served to feed Willow's fears. She feared Tara was keeping her distance and preparing for the time when she and the baby would be on their own and living apart from the Scoobies.

"That's about it, really. I don't know which of us she'll look like." Willow looked away and her body grew tense in Tara's arms. Tara hadn't realized until then what this could mean to Willow, and she felt stupid and insensitive. Now she understood that Willow was afraid the baby would look like her, which meant she would also look like Tara's dead lover. Try as she could, Tara couldn't see this as a bad thing. How could Tara make Willow see that her heart isn't haunted by a dead Willow to the exclusion of all others?

"There is something else important about this baby I haven't told you yet," Tara said, bringing Willow's gaze back in focus with wary anticipation.

"Okay," Willow said timidly.

Before going on, Tara placed the palm of her right hand on Willow's cheek, letting it linger for a tender caress. Looking deep into Willow's expectant eyes, she revealed, "Her mother is crazy in love with you."

Willow's mind was so busy running down a different pathway that she didn't process Tara's statement right away. Her mind was already veering headlong down a path that had Tara and Willow junior -- junior to another Willow -- setting up house somewhere far away. The possibility that Tara's love was aimed at the Willow she held in her arms didn't register immediately. Willow's face went slack as comprehension dawned. Slowly, through gathering tears of happiness, she smiled. "Oh God, Tara…I love you, too. I was so afraid you'd move out and start a life without me before I could tell you how I feel."

"That would have been dumb," Tara teased as they touched foreheads.

"Yeah, the dumbest." There was nothing to stop them now; not fear of rejection or the inability to move beyond past loves. Both women could feel barriers crumbling and a shared future beginning. Seeing her heart's desire mirrored in Tara's eyes, Willow's attention was drawn down to Tara's lips. She was drawn to those full, inviting lips as Tara was drawn to hers. With her hand still on Willow's cheek, Tara pulled Willow's mouth to hers. They came together in a rhapsodic kiss. Willow put her hands on each side of Tara’s face and held their lips together. Tara grabbed fistfuls of Willow’s clothes and pulled her close. It was a dream realized. Tara’s lips worshipped Willow's enchanting mouth while Willow worked on committing Tara's delectable lips to memory, again.

Fearing another visit from Buffy, Willow and Tara parted slowly, peppering each other with small kisses and caresses. Dabbing the last of their tears with tissue, Tara said, "The Fates must be laughing their asses off about this…us."

Willow smiled. "Yeah, I'll bet we're all they talk about today at the Executive Fates' water cooler." Laughing, they strode arm-in-arm out of the examining room.

On the way home from the doctor’s, the gang stopped at the health food market and bought all the ingredients for dinner, starting with baby back ribs, baby corn and baby carrots…

That night in bed, Willow spooned behind Tara as usual with her hand on Tara’s belly, only this time Tara placed her hand on top of Willow’s and guided Willow’s hand in a southerly direction. Willow's breath quickened with delight at knowing Tara was attuned to her thoughts. The gates were opened on all their pent up passion for each other. Willow’s hands rested between Tara's legs, just snug enough to feel Tara's heat. And there was plenty of heat. Tara pushed her hips forward slightly into Willow's hand. Willow didn't need any hints as to what her lover wanted. Willow put her lips to Tara's ear and whispered, "I love you so much, baby." Then she moved over and eased Tara onto her back. "I need to look at you."

Tara pulled Willow close and with their lips almost touching, she whispered, "I need you. I'm kind of out of control right now." Willow reacted by letting out a shuddering breath and quickly feasting on Tara with her eyes. So much for taking it slow and savoring the moment. Willow realized that those maternity books weren't kidding about a pregnant woman's libido. She moved her hand from between Tara's legs, eliciting a small sigh and whimper from her lover. Willow quickly found the hem of Tara's silky nightgown and slipped her hand underneath the fabric in pursuit of Tara's center. She ran her hand up Tara's thigh and Tara spread her legs in response. Willow looked down at Tara's face and wanted to cry at the sublime beauty she saw there. Then she smiled broadly when she discovered Tara was naked under the gown. Tara gathered Willow into her arms and kissed her just as Willow's hand reached its destination. Their mouths devoured each other, a symphony of lips and tongues and desire. Tara pulsed her hips into Willow's hand as Willow stroked and filled her. Tara had not overestimated her heightened aroused state as she loudly moaned Willow's name in addition to a few random deities. She climaxed almost immediately, her body convulsing and wrapping itself around Willow.

Willow covered Tara's face with kisses while she lay panting and sweating. Each kiss was followed by whispered declarations of love. Tara propped herself up on one elbow and placed a finger on Willow's mouth. "Sleeping with you and not being able to ‘be’ with you had me wound up like a clock."

Willow's eyebrows bobbed up and down as she mumbled, "Ya think?"

Having regained her strength, Tara rolled on top of Willow and, looking her straight in the eye, said, "And now we've reached the portion of our program where you need to get naked." Willow was only too happy to comply but she stopped Tara from pulling off her own nightgown. "Please, let me do it," she asked. Willow pulled down each strap of Tara's nightgown and kissed each shoulder as it was exposed. Ever so slowly, Willow pulled the smooth fabric down her lover's torso, kissing newly revealed skin as she went. She paused in her undressing of Tara just before exposing Tara's breasts. Willow slowly ran the back of her knuckles over each nipple. The feel of the silk between her fingers and Tara's attentive peaks made Willow's body clench all over and she had to close her eyes to stop from ravaging Tara right then and there. Tara clenched Willow's shoulder, hard. "God Will, are you trying to kill me?" Seeing a wave of distress cascade over Willow's face, Tara quickly added, "I'm kidding. Sweetie, it's incredible. You're incredible." A little smile crept across Willow's face. "Tara, you're just so…breasty. I know it's because of the baby, but I'm like a woman possessed. Is that healthy? I mean I worry that I could be a character on a PBS kids' show. The Breast Monster!" Willow assumed a low, gravely voice and continued, "Must have breasts. Breasts. Breasts. Breasts."

Seeing no other way to stop Willow's babble, Tara pulled off the rest of her nightgown. That did the trick. Willow stopped talking and her jaw went slack as she looked at Tara's reclining, naked form. During all of this, Tara's hands were touching and fondling every part of Willow she could reach. Willow was trying to concentrate on the magnificence of Tara's body, but Tara's hand had squirmed underneath her and was now exploring places that caused Willow's body to rock against her lover's hand. Keeping her legs apart so Tara's hand didn't miss a beat, Willow straddled Tara's leg and began to show two perfect breasts the reverence they deserved. If she didn't have the distraction of breast lust, Willow would have climaxed as quickly as Tara. The simultaneous distractions of making love to Tara's breasts while Tara's hand flicked and stroked in equal measure kept Willow's mind in an unfocused frenzy. Willow nuzzled each of Tara's breasts, kissing each in smaller and smaller circles until her tongue landed on a succulent nipple. Licking each like an ice cream cone, Willow pulled as much of the taut breasts into her mouth as she could and Tara moaned at the sensation of having a part of her inside of Willow's hot mouth, massaged by her hot tongue. Willow trailed one hand down Tara's side, causing Tara to shudder involuntarily. Willow nudged her leg against Tara's center and glided her hand down to her lover's core. Tara's hips started to gyrate and the lovers rocked against each other again and again in a tumultuous journey toward a cliff they wanted to jump off together. And they did. Both lovers had the forethought to strangle their cries of passion with a searing kiss. Their bodies braided together, the lovers rolled back and forth across the short expanse of the bottom bunk enjoying the aftershocks of their bliss.

"How did we do that?" Willow said many moments later when she had breath enough to talk. "It's like a synchronized dance, only I haven't been to any of the practice sessions." Willow had her arm and leg stretched over Tara, avoiding the tummy.

"We can work on synchronized moves, but I think it would take away some of the fun," Tara replied. She could feel Willow's smile against her breast. "Where are my manners?" Willow said, quickly sitting up. "Proper etiquette dictates that the pregnant woman's lover must always provide snackage after intercourse." She jumped from the bed and put on her robe. Willow sat on the edge of the bed, being careful not to hit her head on the top bunk as she stared adoringly down at Tara. "Just name the craving, Baby. Watermelon, olives, you name it." Tara responded with a wicked grin while the fingers of her hand subtly walked their way under Willow's robe and up her thigh. Willow quickly grabbed Tara's hand in her own. "That's not currently on the menu, Missy, but things can change if you play your cards right. But seriously, Sweetie, I think you need some juice and maybe some sleep." Tara pulled Willow's hand to her lips and kissed it on the knuckle. "I love how you take care of me," she said as she turned Willow's hand over and kissed her palm. "I love how you take care of the baby before she's even arrived." Tara placed Willow's hand on the swell of her belly. "But mostly, I just love you." Tara brought Willow's hand again to her lips, only this time she slowly pulled the delicate index finger into her mouth and circled it with her tongue. Willow's ability to speak was dwindling. "I'd love some juice and a glass of water," Tara said. "And hurry back."

"kay," was all Willow could manage.

Xander’s carpentry skills proved considerable as the two lovers tested the sturdiness of the bunk beds for the remainder of their stay. Any concerns Willow may have had regarding Tara’s stamina were unwarranted.

The Scooby gang began to notice clues that something was different between the two witches. It may have been Tara humming “I’m under your spell”, or the way they both went to bed at the same time earlier and earlier each night, or it may have even been the sudden disappearance of the whipped cream. It couldn’t have been their cries of passion because Willow made sure to cast a soundproofing spell each night, morning, afternoon or evening it was needed. Xander, Dawn and Buffy each felt like something very wrong had been made right and each of them selfishly warmed themselves in the glow given off by the lovers.

Around the holidays, Willow made an offer that was accepted on a house for sale nearby; right behind Xander’s house, as a matter of fact. Willow and Tara would be moving out of Xander’s in January. The house’s location helped everyone to accept the witches’ departure. Both yards had a fence but Xander quickly installed a gate between his yard and theirs for easy access. They all started referring to Tara and Willow’s house as “Xanex” which was short for “Xander’s Annex”. Then someone remembered that Xanex is the name of an anti-anxiety drug and the name seemed even more appropriate. Willow and Tara’s house was a calming place to be. Yes, there was a flurry of activity going on as they prepared for the baby, but each Scooby felt at home and part of something special every time they walked through the door into Xanex.

Willow bought a state-of-the-art digital camera and they all appointed Dawn official family photographer. In order for him to receive digital pictures, Willow also bought Giles a laptop computer. It sat in a box in his flat until Buffy's next visit where she showed him how to set up an e-mail account. Dawn's pictures covered the refrigerators in both houses. She was going to place them in a photo album once she found the perfect one. Not just any album would do for these pictures:

Sonogram:

The first shot was of the look on Dr. Serrano’s face when they asked if all Scoobies could be in attendance.

Next was a shot of Willow working the sonogram equipment.

Lastly, Dr. Serrano took a shot of all of them grouped together holding up the printed sonogram pictures for the camera.

Giles visits:

This picture was a group effort instigated by Buffy. It shows Giles asleep on Xander’s couch during a holiday visit. Rupert Giles is completely covered and surrounded by stuffed animals amassed by Willow for eventual residence in the baby’s room. One whimsical stuffed monster wearing Giles’ glasses peers down on the Watcher disapprovingly. It was a thing of beauty and Xander confessed later that the strain of working so quickly and quietly while trying not to crack up laughing, “nearly made things fly out of my nose!”

Giles was completely surprised to receive the picture as an e-mail attachment from Willow after he’d returned to England. He hadn’t known anything about the stuffed animal episode until receiving the picture. Buffy prolonged his torment by installing the picture as wallpaper on Giles' computer screen. He was neither amused nor computer literate enough to undue the damage.

Baby naming day:

This picture shows Tara’s belly with the words “Baby Joanna Rosenberg Maclay lives here” written in bold magic marker. Tara’s wearing a shy smile of embarrassment at having to bare her stomach for the camera. She wasn’t at all shy later about telling Xander he grabbed the wrong markers when they all decided to decorate her torso. The markers were permanent and took many weeks of scrubbing before they disappeared. More than one person at the doctor’s office giggled in the hallway after catching sight of Tara’s billboard belly the next time she was there for an appointment.

Tara and Willow came up with the name Joanna after much deliberation. They decided to meld together the names of loved ones who were gone. They combined the names of Buffy’s mom Joyce, Tara’s mom Diana, and former lovable demon Anya.

“But my middle name is Ann, so my name is kind of blended in there too,” Buffy pointed out.

“Um, Buffy, Jewish faith precludes naming children after people who aren't dead,” Willow gently informed.

“Oh.” Then, after she’d thought about it for a minute she asked, “How many times does a girl have to die to qualify for inclusion into this Jewish name game?”

“Consider yourself included,” Tara cut in with a smile.

Popcorn shot:

Willow couldn’t resist taking this picture near the end of Tara’s term. Tara is sitting on the couch with Xander and Dawn on either side of her. They seem to be engrossed in something on television and aren't even looking at the camera. There’s a bowl of popcorn resting on top of Tara’s sizable belly. Xander and Dawn each have a hand on Tara’s belly as though watching television, eating popcorn and feeling a baby kick were the most natural ways for anyone to pass an evening.

She's here!:

First pictures of the new baby were not limited to the refrigerator. They covered practically every surface of Xander's House and Xanex. If Dawn had to pick her favorite, it would be the day they brought Joanna home from the hospital. The gang had celebrated and passed the infant around endlessly through the day. The new aunts and uncle finally left so the baby could take a nap. Dawn returned later to take even more pictures. She found Willow and Tara asleep in each other's arms on the papasan chair with the also-sleeping Joanna between them. Dawn made sure not to wake them as she grabbed one more shot.

Willow's dream:

It's a glorious summer's day. Everything seems to be happening in slow motion. Willow is standing near a fence in what might be her own backyard, talking to someone on the other side. Willow can't see the person she's talking to, but she knows who it is. The yard is awash in color from flowering plants and trees of many kinds with a nice lawn in the middle. On Willow's left arm is an infant boy with copper colored fuzz covering his head. She's not cradling him in the normal fashion. She's discovered he burps better with his body facing down, straddling her forearm and his head near her elbow. She rubs his back and slowly turns to watch a little blonde girl laughing and running through the flowers in pursuit of a butterfly. The little girl has flowing golden hair and twinkling blue eyes. Willow is laughing now because she notices a butterfly is clinging to the top of the little girl's head even as she chases another. Willow squints into the sun and looks toward the trellis that connects to the back of the house. She smiles at Tara, who is sitting in a willow twig chair in the shade with her arms outstretched. Tara needs the baby so he can finish nursing. Willow kisses the boy all over his happy face as she walks him to his other mother. He is soon back to his meal and contented while his parents share a tender kiss. Willow joins her daughter in the butterfly chase, scooping her up and lifting her high to follow the colorful, flying insects. They turn in circles, both faces lifted toward the sky.

They're home.

Willow and Tara are home.

-fin

Edited by: Warduke at: 4/18/04 10:09 am

PostPosted: Thu Jan 01, 2004 4:37 am 

:clap

can i say anymore? psh...nah...

-elizabeth

p.s. ah! i thought of what else: THANKYOU!

better.

Last night in sweet slumber I dreamed I did see my own precious jewel sat smiling by me.

And when I awakened I found it not so; my eyes like some fountain with tears overflowed.

PostPosted: Thu Jan 01, 2004 5:56 am 
It's been a great pleasure to read this story, and I hate to see it end. I've been remiss in not commenting since the earliest chapters; sorry about that.

From the unbearable pain of the first chapters, to the beautiful "warm fuzzies" of the ending, the quality of your writing has been constant. The characters were sympathetically and accurately drawn, and there was always warmth and humour in their interactions.

There were many outstanding moments in this last chapter. The crowded exam room, followed by Willow's breakdown, then Tara's declaration of love. As stated in Willow's Chapter 1 flashback, Willow and Tara belong together and will be drawn to one another wherever in space and time they may be.

Using the photos as little vignettes to tell the last part of the story is a very nice touch; again warm and funny. I especially like the embarrassing picture of Giles being installed as his desktop background, as well as Tara's "billboard belly."

Willow's dream (and I'm confident it's a true prophetic dream), is a beautiful way to end this story. They're home indeed.

One line got to me more than any other:
Quote:
Xander, Dawn and Buffy each felt like something very wrong had been made right and each of them selfishly warmed themselves in the glow given off by the lovers.

So do we all.

Russ

PostPosted: Thu Jan 01, 2004 6:11 am 
Awww. Just...awww. And maybe another word: perfect.

PostPosted: Thu Jan 01, 2004 8:00 am 
Awwww......... :clap :clap This last part was just so.... :heart I really liked the way it was done in "snapshots"... I still really really really hope you write a sequel!!!! :D Perhaps indulge us with some tales of the family a few years down the road...

Thanks for the great read!

~Tiffany

PostPosted: Thu Jan 01, 2004 2:00 pm 
Lovers4Ever,

I just wanted to say that this is an excellent fic. There was all that necessary angst in the beginning chapters that got your message of pain/anxiety within the characters across so directly that - judging by the replies - brought out so much sentiment in some kittens around here (including myself). I was surprised to find how absorbed I had become in your story, yet whenever I noticed an update I had to spend a while bracing my emotions before actually reading it. But the last two chapters have been in such contrast to the previous six that it kinda gives those intense angsty type feelings a rest and allows for the reader to enjoy the sweetness and love between Willow and Tara finally.

Now that I feel like somewhat of a dork for announcing my sappiness in public, I'll just conclude by saying thank you, and that you have a real talent for conveying emotion throughout your writing, and in the future with any other fanfiction you write, you have my complete attention. :)

Christel.

i envy your ignorance, i hear that it's bliss. ani difranco

Edited by: Warduke at: 4/18/04 10:08 am

PostPosted: Thu Jan 01, 2004 5:44 pm 
I liked the imagery of the photos, I thought that most excellent :clap

In fact on the whole the story has been good. My only quibble is kids :happy cos I just love kids :happy

but it did not lessen the skill of your writing :D and I believe you have a skill in this

just Nicks

:glasses

"I am not looking for Ms Right, SHE is looking for me" ~ just Nicks

PostPosted: Thu Jan 01, 2004 6:23 pm 

I love your story so much and I guess I just wanted to pop in and tell you that I love your writing and I love your story as well, it was a thrill to read and thank you for writing this and sharing it with us. Great, great, great updates. :applause

~Renee~ :flower

__________________________________________________________________________________________

"They're tiny and chubby and so sweet to touch. But soon they'll grow up to resent you so much. Now they're yelling at you and you don't know why. You cry and you cry and you cry." -Phoebe ep.123

"Jingle bitch screwed me over, go to hell jingle whore, go to hell, go to hell, go to hell, go to hell." -Phoebe ep.314

PostPosted: Thu Jan 01, 2004 6:50 pm 
Amazing end to an amazing story. Thank you for sharing your masterpiece with us kittens. I thought the pictures were really clever...sighs...:heart

Simply lovely...

Willow : So, tell me, is it dangerous?

Anya : Oh, no.

Willow : Well, can we pretend it is?

PostPosted: Thu Jan 01, 2004 7:34 pm 
The pictures were a neat idea, I loved the Giles picture... heh.

What else to say... hmm... well obviously it's a good thing they've figured out they love each other even though they're both different. Good thing they got that out of the way. I just hope neither woman will have nightmares of what they witnessed before meeting again...:cry (the shift from angst to goodness was rather quick, memories will linger on I suspect)

Grimmy :wave

--
"You hurt Tara," Willow said too calmly. "The last one who tried that was a god. I made her regret it." -- Unexpected Consequences by Lisa of Nine

Edited by: Grimlock72 at: 1/2/04 1:22 pm

PostPosted: Thu Jan 01, 2004 8:16 pm 
Beautiful Ending!!

I loved the REUNION, FINALLY!

Indeed something terribly wrong had been righted again!

The kodak moments were extremely funny and very descriptive, I liked it!

LMAO at the Billboard sign written on Tara's belly!!

Too bad its ended! Yet I wouldn't have it any other way!

Bravo!

~Arwen

Hear That Baby? You're My Always... Willow

PostPosted: Thu Jan 01, 2004 10:06 pm 
WAHOO :applause :applause :applause !!!! This was the update I was waiting for :clap :clap :clap . The togetherness of Willow and Tara. Amazingly beautiful :love . Great update, great work, great fic!!!! I so can't wait until the next one. Hope to see more soon :pray !!! =)

Aaron

'TaraBaby77'

"It's about two people,
regardless of sex, who love each other and treat each other with compassion and
respect."

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 180 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6  Next