The Kitten, the Witches and the Bad Wardrobe - Willow & Tara Forever

General Chat  || Kitten  || WaV  || Pens  || Mi2  || GMP  || TiE  || FAQ  || Feed - The Kitten, the Witches and the Bad Wardrobe

All times are UTC - 8 hours [ DST ]

Post subject: Re: ...
PostPosted: Wed Jul 31, 2002 11:32 pm 
Oh thank you so much, Sass. That means a lot from you. I love your work. 'Endless' was something that I just had to write, to try and 'burn away' some of the sadness that I was feeling. I'm glad you enjoyed it.

--Mike.

--------------------------------

Always.........

Post subject: Re: Endless
PostPosted: Thu Aug 01, 2002 12:10 am 
Mike - Endless was terrific! I loved seeing the story through John's eyes. He was quite the hero. And, I loved how Marion trusted him and helped in the end.

I think you should write more...hint, hint :D

PostPosted: Wed Aug 07, 2002 2:01 am 
Just read this and I wanted to say thank you for a beautifully written, deeply moving story. It went straight to my heart, giving voice to the grief I still feel at the loss of this wonderful relationship.

' I had come to know them, and love them, and seen in their souls the truest form of love that a human could wish for. I wanted that love to go on. I wanted their story to go on. I needed it so badly. '

Thanks for celebrating all that is best in Willow and Tara's relationship, showing that their love will always endure and finding a way for their story to continue. Glad to hear that you are writing again, this story is wonderful.

PostPosted: Wed Aug 07, 2002 10:48 am 
Hey Mike - now that this is up on page one again, it's about time I posted a response. I lurk too much and sometimes regret not giving feedback when I have really appreciated someone's writing.

I could easily just say "what xita said" or "what tulipp said" but at the risk of repeating what has already been posted, I will make some attempt at my own thoughts.

This story moved me to tears but that is very much a positive response. There was such power in your narrative, such expression of grief and deep-felt emotion, that one could not avoid responding in kind. I agree with the comments made by so many others about the effect of the first person narrative, it brought a real sense of intimacy to the tale - sucking me right in to the unfolding events. That is a real gift, to make the reader care about the events, and the characters, even original ones like John.

I'm glad you are going to write some more - and am looking forward to reading your work in the future.

thanks

jo x

PostPosted: Fri Aug 09, 2002 10:36 pm 
Just dropping in to reply to the latest responses....

KJchicago - Thanks a lot, I'm pleased you liked it. (And I'm taking the hint!)

miss calendar - I'm glad it spoke for you too. It helped ease my own grief in writing it. It's just something I had to do.

wizpup - I know what you mean about the lurking and not giving feedback - I'm doing it all the time! Sometimes it's just hard to think of what to say that hasn't already been said.

But I'm very grateful for your words. Knowing that others feel the same as you about these characters and events is immensely heart-lifting - but I gues that's a given on this wonderful board. Thank you.

And you can look for another (totally different) story from me very soon - probably Sunday.

--Mike.

Always.........

PostPosted: Sat Aug 10, 2002 9:34 pm 
New to the archive!

- - - - - - - - - - - -

Childie -"Not all girls are raving bloody lesbians, you know!"

George - "That's a misfortune of which I am perfectly well aware."

The Killing of Sister George

PostPosted: Thu Nov 07, 2002 5:56 pm 
I just re-read this.

Powerful as the first time.

If this had been on TV I would have tapped it and watched over and over.

I wanted to thank you again for this.

Warlock

-----

Web Warlock

The Other Side,
home of Liber Mysterium: The Netbook of Witches and Warlocks

"If you knew how she was pulled in two. There you'll find her tuggin' at the moon." - Tuggin' at The Moon, David Gene Smith

PostPosted: Thu Nov 28, 2002 1:57 am 
I just finished reading this and I have to say it was really touching. I love your work on both this and Willow the Vampire Slayer which is hilarious!!

=LeiLa=

Favorite Gadgets:: Handcuffs, Ice cream, Chocolate syrup, Whip cream, Cherries.

Hehehe spoon anyone?

PostPosted: Thu Nov 28, 2002 8:18 am 
Quote:
Love can be a terrible thing. The need for love can beat you down. The lack of love can twist you. The loss of love can break you.

You've summed up love better than anyone I've ever read - this is no small feat! Great story so far Mike, keep it coming.

"What do you see?"

"Willow hands."

PostPosted: Fri Dec 13, 2002 8:20 pm 
Mike,

Endless is just about the most moving fic I've read.

I just found it in the archive, and I loved your Willow the Vampire Slayer so I read it with much eagerness.

I'm rather inarticulate, and other people have expressed praise better than I can, but you have affected me so much with your writing that I just wanted to say thank you.

You have such talent, and I'm so impressed by your versatility. WTVS frequently had me laughing till I fell off my chair, and always brightened up my day. Endless on the other hand had tears rolling down my face. It is really stunning. I found your description of the strength of Willow and Tara's love incredibly moving, so much so that I think you made me fall in love with them all over again. But what affected me most was the willing sacrifice made by John, which left me staring at my computer screen in stunned silence.

Thank you for such an intelligent, well written and moving story

Jaycatt

PostPosted: Wed Jan 22, 2003 12:11 am 
WW - Tim, bless you for reading Endless again, and thank you.

Leila DeRange - Sorry I’m so late, but thanks!

Willow hands - Oh, I think ‘summing up’ love is probably beyond any of us! But I’m glad you liked the words. I hope you read on beyond the first part!

jaycatt23 - I don’t think you’re inarticulate at all! I’m so grateful that Endless moved you, and thanks too for loving WtVS. Endless took so much out of me that I just had to reverse the mood totally in the next fic.

But you know, the saddest thing for me now about Endless is that the possibility of such a thing actually happening on the show is now lost forever. Tulipp’s wonderful Terra Firma showed, much more in keeping with canon, how Tara could have returned, but now even that hope is gone. And I don’t think JW will ever realise just how much he has diminished the world by his actions.

By the way, I recently submitted a slightly revised version of Endless to the Wiccan Ways site, though I haven’t heard yet if it’s been accepted. You probably wouldn’t notice much difference to the original, but I’ve changed the spacing of some lines and paragraphs, amended some phrases that I thought were rather ‘clunky’, made it clearer that John didn’t kill Henry from the Watchers’ Council, and generally tried to tighten up the narrative a little. But whichever version you read, I think it said all I really needed to say. See you around.

--Mike.

Always.........

PostPosted: Sun Jan 26, 2003 12:52 pm 
Mike: Six months have passed since I first read this. Re-reading it now has brought back all the powerful emotions this story evokes. Once again the eyes started watering by the fifth paragraph. By the end of part 1 the tears were flowing in earnest.

Many stories bring tears to the eyes; only this one actually has me sobbing at the computer. Many stories have brought smiles or chuckles; only WtVS has caused me to laugh aloud. What both have in common is the way in which you are able to convey the wonderful love between Tara & Willow.

So if I'm going to emerge from lurkdom, it's only fitting that I do it here, to say "Thank you" for your writing; a gift to all who read here.

I understand how difficult it can be to find time to write; I barely have time to read these stories. How much harder it must be to actually create them. Nevertheless, selfishly, I hope that you will at some point be able to continue your writing. If not, we'll be content with what you have created.

Many thanks

Russ

Post subject: *openmouthed wonder*
PostPosted: Tue Mar 18, 2003 4:13 am 
This was the sweetest, most heart-wrenching, touching, lovely, wonderfully written, masterful fan fic I have ever read. I cannot believe this is the first fic you wrote, you've made something so beautiful :sob

I so wish I was better at explaining how I felt, for I would extoll the virtues of this story for pages. John was such a well done character, and the concept...and how you wrote it...and everything... This is just...

:sob :bow :sob :bow :sob :bow

Now I'm going to have to look if you've written or are writting anything new...

"Reality is merely an illusion, albeit a very persistent one." - Albert Einstein (1879-1955)

Post subject: Re: Fic: Endless
PostPosted: Sat Mar 29, 2003 7:27 pm 
alright.... I just finished reading this and was literally moved to tears... mike, that was POWERFUL, POWERFUL writing... good lord.. i think you do wonders for willow's character in this story... you take us to her depths and just give us her raw emotions... AMAZING... that's all I can think of: SIMPLY AMAZING.

please, please, please, please let me post this on my web site. please, please, please e-mail me so we can talk. I really want this story on the site I'm working on because this is the type of story that I'm looking to preserve and make "endless."

mike, if you get this, please e-mail me at webmaster@arrowsofartemis.org

this fic needs to live on and i do not think I could host a complete w/t fic archive without the addition of this story..

please e-mail me!

-stacy

Post subject: Thanks
PostPosted: Mon May 12, 2003 9:09 pm 
Wow, it’s been months since I’ve posted here, but it’s great to know people are still reading and being moved by Endless.

russ, MellindraX, theWTspell – Your words are much appreciated. One of these days I’ll have to scrape up the time to sit down and read it again myself! That doesn’t seem likely though for quite a while. No time to read, to time to write. Real Life’s a bitca sometimes! But even if I never write anything else, I think I’ll be happy for the two stories I’ve placed on this board to say everything I needed to say from my heart about Willow and Tara. (And Stacy, I’ll be glad for Endless to find a home on your website. An e-mail will follow shortly.)

Love & peace to all, Mike.

Always.........

PostPosted: Sat Sep 27, 2003 7:09 am 
Hey

I'm new to the kitten board, and i just found a reccomandation for this story and read it. Oh my god that was so... I can't even describe it. Thank you for that, I cried so many times reading this. Thank you again :happycry

-michelle

Post subject: Re: Replies....and final update
PostPosted: Mon Nov 24, 2003 1:31 pm 
WOW. delurking to say it was fantastic and plugging a wish for some kind of sequel. If you can write such wrenching sadness i want to know what happens when you put them together. I dont think anyone has quite captured the hollowness in Willow, and i know ME didnt do it any sort of justice. Again, i say this was just fantastic.

a.s.h.

PostPosted: Wed Jul 28, 2004 7:46 pm 
I rarely re-read fics.

But I just reread this one. It's hard to believe that it is two years old.

It is just as powerful now as it was then.

Warlock

-----

Web Warlock

Coming Soon to The Other Side, The Netbook of Shadows: A Book of Spells for d20 Witches

Me: I think I'll have a mid-life crisis and bring home a little red convertible Vette.

My wife: Fine, as long as you don't bring home some little red-head.

Post subject: Re: Replies....and final update
PostPosted: Sun Jan 09, 2005 4:06 pm 
thanks for sharing this amazing story. it almost made me cry, it's just.....the emotions that you cause are so powerful, that i'm a bit envious of you for your ability with words.

bye

Vanda

Il vero sballo è dire bho?!

PostPosted: Wed Oct 19, 2005 3:49 pm 
7. Teeny Tinkerbell Light

Amazing, beautiful, and yeah I can admit it, I'm crying my eyes out now, which is a definite sign of how good this is.

*runs off looking for tissues*

~Emma

PostPosted: Fri Aug 17, 2007 12:44 pm 
3. Flaming O

I think this fic is in need of a sequel.

PostPosted: Thu Dec 16, 2010 6:38 pm 
8. Vixen

Topics: 3
Mike,

This was really gorgeous. It's emotive and beautiful.

Oddly enough, I imagined this being spoken barely above a whisper, calmly but with great emotion.

I realize this is quite an old fic but this should tell you just how wonderful it is. Thank you for sharing.

"Dry Heat – In Progress (still)" "Penny Arcade - Completed"
My Fic Challenge entries:
"Fireworks" "Promise" "I Did What Last Night?"

PostPosted: Thu Apr 14, 2011 3:34 pm 
2. Floating Rose

Wow, this is an amazing story. It was like when you read something, and it touches you and it surrounds you, with warmth and awe. Very well written you gave me goose bumps. Thank you so much for this. The love and passion, yearning and undying desire in the story shines so bright it warms the skin. You made real the unrestricted depth and width of their love for each other. Just wow. Again thanks so much for this.

PostPosted: Sat Jul 09, 2011 3:23 pm 
2. Floating Rose

Topics: 1
Wonderful. Just...wonderful. Not just a piece of fine fanfic, but a beautifully crafted, original piece of writing that gives the lie to the idea that somehow fanfiction isn't a "true" genre.

Thank you for making me actually, literally cry.

PostPosted: Thu Aug 11, 2011 3:08 pm 
1. Blessed Wannabe

This is a great read. You brought to life a welter of emotions and made me believe that True Love can conquer everything.
Thank you.

PostPosted: Sat Oct 08, 2011 3:13 am 
9. Gay Now

Topics: 15
God in heaven...
this broke me.

This is love, this is heroism, this is the best of us,
This is why the human race is allowed to exist.
This is the light that holds back the darkness.

Greater love has no one than this, that he lay down his life for his friends. John 15:13

Go with god John, you have healed the world.

Thankyou Mike, you have shown me... Hope
As long as i live, i will remember this. :flower

My Story: Coming Home

PostPosted: Thu Jun 14, 2012 12:16 pm 
2. Floating Rose

10 years since this was wrote, but i found this by a wonderful accident, words of praise or eloquence avoid me right now, my tongue feels tied since my mind's still immerse in the beauty and warmth of this marvellous story, so i just wanna thank you for shared it and wish you the best of the fortunes, thanks and good luck. \m/-_-

PostPosted: Thu Oct 15, 2015 9:01 am 
1. Blessed Wannabe

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk