The Kitten, the Witches and the Bad Wardrobe - Willow & Tara Forever

General Chat  || Kitten  || WaV  || Pens  || Mi2  || GMP  || TiE  || FAQ  || Feed - The Kitten, the Witches and the Bad Wardrobe

All times are UTC - 8 hours [ DST ]

Post subject: New Short Fic: OPEN MY EYES (Completed)
PostPosted: Sun Jun 06, 2010 5:05 pm 
6. Sassy Eggs

Topics: 2
TITLE:: OPEN MY EYES

AUTHOR:: Alex_Vixen

CHAPTER RATING:: PG (may get to NC 17)

DISCLAIMER:: Oh you know the deal. I dont own them, if I did, I would have treated them WAY better than they did. Anyway, they belong to Joss Whedon, Mutant Enemy, etc...Im just borrowing them for a little bit.

SUMMARY:: Okay, this is actually the story of a friend of mine... I was thinking about it and decided to write a short story. Willow, Buffy and Faith are friends in college. Uber story, no demons, no vamps, no Hellmouth. *sighs* Im not good for this... lol...

FEEDBACK:: Yes, please....but remember, I beg for mercy :pray

PAIRINGS:: W/T (DUH!!!) and B/F

AUTHOR'S NOTE:: There wont be angst here, I promise... No angst, no drama...there's barely a plot! LOL.... We actually did this to a friend...and I must say it took her less time, LOL....you'll get it later....And everybody knows Im not a big fan of B/F pairing, but I agree with my dear friend Jess that I cant put F/D together in every fic because it would be boring. So I made it B/F this time.

Anyway.... I'll leave you to the chapter...

CHAPTER 1/3

The door opened and closed. A redhead young woman entered the room and left her keys on the dresser.

“Hey guys,” the redhead said and threw her backpack onto the bed.

The small blonde and the dark-haired young women that were making out on the bed parted and looked at their friend. She looked tired and moody.

The redhead thought, shivering at the memory of walking in on her friends.

“Hey, Will, what’s up?” The blonde asked.

“Nothing Buffy…Oh wait, you guys were busy. I’ll…I’ll leave then.” Willow walked back to the dresser to grab her keys and leave.

“Hey Red, wait up. What’s up?” The dark-haired girl asked.

“Nothing, Faith. I’m just a bit tired but…I’ll go to the library, if you need some time alone. You sure you don’t want me to leave?” Willow asked.

“No, Will, this is you room too, remember?” Buffy rolled her eyes at her silly friend.

“Stay Red. Hang out with us for a while. C’mon,” Faith said.

“Are you okay, Willow? ‘Cause you don’t look so good,” Buffy said, truly worried about her friend.

“I’m fine, guys. Don’t worry,” Willow said and stood there, not looking at her friends.

“Yeah, Red you look like shit. C’mon, spill it,” Faith said. Buffy had sat on the bed, facing her friend, while Faith was lying on her side behind her girlfriend.

Willow sighed and walked back to her bed and sat down.

“I’m just tired, guys…”

“Another shitty date last night, Red?” Faith asked.

“I would’ve had more fun with my parents,” Willow answered. “And at the end of the night the asshole was like ‘Wanna have sex?’ I looked at him like ‘Not a chance in Hell!’” Willow threw her hands in the air in frustration. “Right now I hate men…”

Buffy looked at her girlfriend, who nodded. The petite blonde cleared her throat.

“Maybe you should stop dating guys for a while, Will. Be on your own,” Buffy said. Faith glared at her.

Willow laid down on her bed and kicked off her shoes.

“I’m just not lucky with guys,” Willow said, looking up to the ceiling.

“Why don’t you try one more date and if ya don’t like it…I don’t know, take a time off or somethin’,” Faith suggested.

“One more? Why would I try one more?” Willow asked.

“Well, we were talking earlier and we have somebody to introduce you, if you’re willing to give it a shot,” Buffy said.

“Okay, this is new. You have somebody to introduce me. No offense guys but all the men you know are gay,” Willow said.

“That’s kinda true but we do know straight people,” Buffy replied.

“And we thought we know somebody who’s perfect for you, Red,” Faith said.

“Okay, let’s just say that for a second I’m curious…Why do you think this guy is so perfect for me?” Willow got onto her side and propped herself on her elbow.

“Well…the person we want you to meet is funny and smart, really smart, is an artist, has an amazing voice…” Buffy carefully elbowed her girlfriend.

“Is kind. Would never be one of those jerks you always date, Red. No offense.”

“None taken.”

“Is thoughtful… Can be a bit shy sometimes but only at first. Oh and is really good looking,” Buffy finished.

“Really? And you’re sure he’s not gay?” Willow chuckled bitterly. “Or there must be a catch…what’s the catch?”

“Yeah well…there’s a small catch…” Buffy trailed off and bit her lower lip.

“I knew it. Hit me,” Willow said and sighed.

“She’s not…a guy…” Buffy said. She and girlfriend got ready for what was about to come. Willow simply stared at them open mouthed.

“A…She? As in…a girl?” Willow looked at then as if she didn’t believe what she’d just said. “Are you two fucking insane? Are you serious?” Willow finally snapped. “Oh my God! You’re being serious, aren’t you?”

“We’re not gonna force ya or anythin’ Red. It was just an idea, relax,” Faith said.

“No, Faith. Adding new weird ingredients to a pizza is an idea. You want me to go on a DATE with a GIRL,” Willow said. The redhead jumped from the bed and started to pace around the room. “That’s crazy! You two are crazy! Guys, I’m more than okay with gay people and especially you two being together but I AM NOT GAY.”

“We know that, Will. Please, sit down and let me explain,” Buffy said. Willow took a deep breath and sat down on her bed again. “Will, we have seen you going out with ever jerk in Sunnydale. We’ve seen you suffering because of that. We just want you to be happy,” the petite blonde explained.

“We happen to know somebody who’s a great person. T’s awesome. You guys would be great together,” Faith added with true concern about her friend. “Besides, what you got to lose, Red? You go on a date, you don’t like it, you leave. Nothing to lose.”

“Will, you’re an open minded person. We just want you to be happy. You could try meeting her just as a friend, that’s all and if you think she’s cool enough, you can try one date. Why not?” Buffy said.

“Hello! A girl! I don’t date girls!” Willow snapped again.

“Again, Red. What you got to lose? You don’t have to make-out with her or anything. What you got to lose?” Faith asked. “Or you’re afraid you may like it?”

“Anyway, we’re leaving,” Buffy announced getting up from the bed and pulling her girlfriend with her before Faith started a fight. “I’ll be in Faith’s room if you need me,” Buffy said while she grabbed her bag, with her stuff for the night. “Will, if you need anything, call any time. ‘Kay? And you’re not really mad at us for…right?” The petite blonde looked at her friend with a worried expression on her face.

“We’re cool,” Willow answered after a moment with a small smile. “Don’t worry about it, I’ll be fine on my own. I’ll just go to bed.”

“Kay. We’ll see ya tomorrow, then, Will,” Buffy said, smiling. The blonde pulled open the door and stepped outside the room. Faith looked at Willow before closing the door.

“Will, don’t hesitate. If ya need anythin’…just call,” Faith said seriously.

“Go and have fun, you two.” Willow smiled as her friend shook her head, a small smirk on her lips, and closed the door behind her.

Willow sighed. She was feeling tired and her brain felt like and egg that fell from a third floor so she simply took her clothes off and got into bed. She was hoping she could sleep a few good hours.

Buffy and Faith were walking across campus holding hands. It seemed so long since they’d met, in junior year of high school. At first they hadn’t really gotten along, especially because Faith kept insisting in hitting on Buffy when the petite blonde was trying to tell her to back off. The dark-haired girl was sure the blonde felt something for her and she wasn’t wrong, after 6 months of failed attempts to get a date, the blonde finally gave up and… as they say, the rest is history… Now they were seniors in UC Sunnydale and still were together.

They had been planning how to approach the subject with their friend for a few days now. They could see how hard the redhead tried, but she never could seem to find the right guy. And since Faith kept insisting that Willow was ‘Gayer than a three dollar bill’, they had decided to try and suggest her to go on a date with a girl.

“Maybe we should have stayed,” Buffy said. “Maybe it wasn’t a good idea to leave her alone. What if she’s upset?”

“Babe, she needs to rest and think…Trust me, we know Red. I bet she’s lyin’ in bed thinkin’ what we told her. She may not want to admit it, but when she sees T she’s gonna wet her panties,” Faith said and grinned at her girlfriend, who raised an eyebrow at her.

“Okay, you’re right. She is beautiful. I just hope you’re right about this.” Buffy frowned. Faith let go of her hand and wrapped her arm around her shoulders.

“Since when I make mistakes with this kind of shit, B?” Faith asked. “Now, what we need to do is give her a couple of days, don’t mention the topic again. Thursday you got classes with T, right?”

“Yes, right before lunch,” Buffy replied.

“Kay. Then, I’ll pick Red up and bring her with me to get somethin’ to eat. You get T and bring her to get somethin’ to eat with you. We all meet for lunch. See where the plan is goin’?” Faith asked, knowing her girlfriend could be a bit slow sometimes.

“Then you and I make something up and leave them alone, right?” Buffy asked.

“Yeah, that was part of the plan,” Faith responded. “So what you think? It could work.” Buffy sighed.

“It could and I hope you’re right, honey,” Buffy said.

“I am. Don’t worry.” They entered Faith’s dorm room and the dark-haired girl pushed her girlfriend against the wall on the stairway. Faith placed her hands on her girlfriend’s hips and gave her that little smirk that Buffy loved. “Now, you ready to have fun, babe?”

“With you, always, honey-” Was all Buffy managed to say before Faith’s lips crashed against hers.

Back in Willow and Buffy’s room the redhead was moving in bed, trying to find the most comfy position to sleep. Of course, sleep wouldn’t come, not matter how much she tried and the more she tried, the less sleepy she was. She finally gave up and stood on her back, simply looking up to the ceiling. Willow sighed…this was gonna be a long night…

Okay guys...that was the first chapter.... I hope you like it... and dont worry... Soulmates is coming soon! I just thought I would post this before since it's short.

Last edited by Alex_Vixen on Sat Jun 12, 2010 5:44 pm, edited 7 times in total.

Post subject: Re: New Short Story: OPEN MY EYES (Updated 6/6/010)
PostPosted: Sun Jun 06, 2010 5:22 pm 
6. Sassy Eggs

Nice. I wish them luck with converting Willow to lesbianism. :)

Post subject: Re: New Short Fic: OPEN MY EYES (Updated 6/6/010)
PostPosted: Sun Jun 06, 2010 6:50 pm 
3. Flaming O

Can't wait to see how this goes, really interesting start. Feel sorry for Willow but glad that Buffy and Faith are there to try help her out.

PostPosted: Sun Jun 06, 2010 7:43 pm 
Ms. Moderator Fantastico
Ms. Moderator Fantastico

More soon please

PostPosted: Sun Jun 06, 2010 9:03 pm 
3. Flaming O

I like where this is going. More please.

Cody

PostPosted: Sun Jun 06, 2010 9:23 pm 
6. Sassy Eggs

Somebody paid attention to her dialog punctuation. ^_~ I'm proud of you.

PostPosted: Sun Jun 06, 2010 10:19 pm 
3. Flaming O

Quote:
She finally gave up and stood on her back, simply looking up to the ceiling. Willow sighed…this was gonna be a long night…

I'm sorry... but I had to point something out... I mean, "She stood on her back"?? You can't stand on your back!!! Sorry... That really made me LMAO...

Anyways, about the story. I really really like it!! Keep it up!! And I really need to read your other story... I know!!!

PostPosted: Mon Jun 07, 2010 12:14 am 
7. Teeny Tinkerbell Light

Very nice :) Looking forward to more !

Thumbs up ;-)

PostPosted: Mon Jun 07, 2010 12:53 am 
4. Extra Flamey

You're like a writing machine! I was so happy to see that you had another fic posted again so soon after Surprises and Secrets finished!

I like the idea if this story... I know you have the intention of making it only 3 chapters but I think it has the potential for more...nevertheless I am excited to read it!!!!

C.

PostPosted: Mon Jun 07, 2010 1:42 am 
3. Flaming O

OHHHHHHHHHHHH.. Another story..

Yeah!!! :pinky :pinky :party :party

I love the beginning of this story..

I'll be looking foward for more...

Update soon.. :pray :pray :pray

PostPosted: Mon Jun 07, 2010 1:50 am 
10. Troll Hammer

Cute little story so far.

PostPosted: Mon Jun 07, 2010 4:26 am 
19. Yummy Face

Really good beginning... Can't wait for Willow & Tara's first "date"...

Posting While Nude Improves Your Mood.

PostPosted: Mon Jun 07, 2010 4:50 am 
6. Sassy Eggs

can't wait for the meeting..and hope Willow's not going to tell Tara to back off.. :smash
and it's a good thing that this is an angst-free fic..I have nothing against angst-y fic..but sometimes I need something more less-angsty drama :blush I don't make any sense, do I? :blush
well..
more pleeaseee :pray :pray

"I'm not apologizing for what I did, I'm apologizing for what I didn't do" ~ Violet, Bound

PostPosted: Mon Jun 07, 2010 4:56 am 
Ms. Moderator Fantastico
Ms. Moderator Fantastico

Topics: 53
Ha, this is a great concept. So funny.

And Faith is right, when she sees Tara she's gonna wet her panties!!!!

Can't wait for more

:peace

Check out my finished fics

Love, The SeriesTwo For Joy/21+/Joy To The WorldInevitable/Infinitely

Confidential EternalA Twisted DateDachsund Through The Snow

PostPosted: Mon Jun 07, 2010 5:42 am 
11. Fish in the Bowl

hey, you came back with gifts XD thanks for that ^^

My Heart Draws a Dream
True Colors of Love
A Crazy Little Thing Called Mutation

PostPosted: Mon Jun 07, 2010 5:50 am 
4. Extra Flamey

Topics: 6
Oooh nice... It's sooo Faith to send Willow on a date with a girl, while shes is shure she's straight, but then again, Faith is sooo right when she says:
Quote:
Willow was ‘Gayer than a three dollar bill’

although I'm not sure why three dollars bills would be gay (forgive me, wrong currency here :p)

This looks promising!
:kitty

PostPosted: Mon Jun 07, 2010 6:39 am 
6. Sassy Eggs

I liked the beginning. I'll keep reading it.

PostPosted: Mon Jun 07, 2010 8:11 pm 
8. Vixen

Topics: 3
good start can't wait to read more

Heather

PostPosted: Tue Jun 08, 2010 8:51 pm 
6. Sassy Eggs

OKAY PEOPLE!!!!! IM BACK!!!!!!!!!

TITLE:: OPEN MY EYES

AUTHOR:: Alex_Vixen

CHAPTER RATING:: PG

DISCLAIMER:: Oh you know the deal. I dont own them, if I did, I would have treated them WAY better than they did. Anyway, they belong to Joss Whedon, Mutant Enemy, etc...Im just borrowing them for a little bit.

DISCLAIMER 2:: I don’t own the song Why do birds suddenly appears. The song belongs to the Carpenters, I’m just using it for a moment. Please, don’t sue me…I got no money… --_--“

SUMMARY:: Okay, this is actually the story of a friend of mine... I was thinking about it and decided to write a short story. Willow, Buffy and Faith are friends in college. Uber story, no demons, no vamps, no Hellmouth. *sighs* Im not good for this... lol...

Anyway.... I'll leave you to the chapter..

CHAPTER 2/3

“Faith, where are we going?” Willow asked as she followed her friend through the campus.

“Told ya, Red, we’re goin’ for lunch,” Faith said walking beside her friend.

They had just gotten out of class and they were walking across the campus towards the cafeteria.

“We’re meeting Buffy for lunch?” Willow asked.

“Yes, we are,” Faith answered. She was about to lose her patience with Willow. Sometimes the redhead could be quite annoying.

Willow and Faith were waiting for Buffy to show up. They were talking about their classes when Buffy entered the cafeteria with a taller blonde. Faith waved them over and Willow’s jaw hit the floor…

Somebody in someplace started singing that corny song from romantic movies and the world moved in slow motion…Willow could hear it in her head as she watched the blonde walked towards them…

Why do birds…suddenly appears? Every time…you are near…

She was gorgeous! She had long blonde hair, like gold, and the most intense blue eyes…

Why do stars…fall down from the sky? Every time you walk by…

Willow’s mind stopped working at the sight of those high cheek bones and her mouth went dry at the sight of those full red lips…

On the day that you were born
the angels got together and decided
to create a dream come true
so they sprinkled moon dust in your hair
of gold and starlight in your eyes of blue…

The redhead’s eyes traveled South…down to her elegant neck and barely expose collarbone. The shirt the blonde was wearing clung to every curve of the full breasts, the small waist and womanly hips…Her long legs were hidden by a fitting jean… unconsciously Willow thought.

“Hey guys. I brought Tara with me so we all can have lunch together. Oh yeah, Tara, this is my best friend since kinder garden, Willow Rosenberg,”
Buffy said and pointed to the mesmerized redhead. “Will, this is my friend Tara Maclay, from History of Art class.”

Both Buffy and Faith were looking from one friend to the other.

Apparently they were too lost in each other’s eyes to articulate words…or to realize there were other humans on the planet, for that matter…

“Hi!” Willow managed to squeal. The she cleared her throat and extended her hand. “Sorry, hi. I’m Willow.”

The blonde seemed to recover her speaking skills and said.

“Hi. I-I’m Tara. Ni-ice to-o meet yo-ou,” Tara managed to say. She was mentally kicking herself for stuttering.

“Faith and I will go to get some food, be right back,” Buffy said before disappearing with her girlfriend.

Tara and Willow simply nodded and took their seats, facing each other. The stole glances and smiled shyly at each other from time to time.

The gorgeous redhead was the first person Tara had noticed when she entered the cafeteria with Buffy. After all, who could ignore a green eyed redhead Goddess, right? A redhead Goddess who was looking right into her eyes as if she could see her soul. Tara remembered all the times she had heard Buffy and Faith talking about Willow. How the redhead had worse luck with dates than Buffy, Faith’s theory that inside, Willow was just waiting for a girl to fall for… The blonde thought.

“So, um, Willow…Ho-ow are yo-ou?” Tara cursed herself for her stutter but she couldn’t help it, the redhead was…breath taking…

“I’m okay, thanks for asking. And you? I hope you’re okay as well but I’m not letting you answer. How rude of me. I’m so sorry, sometimes I babble…as I’m doing right now and I’ll just shut up now…” Willow took a deep breath to calm her beating heart. She was mentally kicking herself for babbling in front of Tara.

“Don’t apo-ologize, ple-ease. I’m okay too, by the way.” Tara gave her a reassuring smile and Willow’s stomach did a little dance inside her.

“Where are Buffy and Faith?” Willow asked after a moment.

“I don’t…know.” Tara looked around but couldn’t see her friends.

“Probably left to have sex, they always do,” Willow said before she could stop herself. Her eyes widened. “I’m sorry, I didn’t mean to say that out loud.” Willow was blushing so hard that it matched her hair.

“Don’t worry. They a-are known for do-oing tha-at,” Tara said and nodded, while giving her a small smile.

“So they don’t do that just to me, huh? That makes me feel better,” Willow said and chuckled. “I guess we’ll have to eat alone…I mean, if you want to. It’s okay if you don’t, you don’t have to-”

“Willow.” Tara pressed a finger to the redhead’s lips. No matter how adorable Willow-babble was, Tara didn’t want her to pass out from lack of oxygen. “I don’t mind having lunch with you, if you don’t mind having lunch with me…”

Willow silently gulped when Tara pulled her finger away.

“Great…Um…Why don’t we go get some food, then?”

“You should’ve seen it. Buffy was completely wasted! And I mean, completely wasted! She couldn’t even walk but she sure could sing corny love songs from the 80s! I’ve never, EVER, seen Faith SO embarrassed!” Willow was laughing along with Tara. The redhead had started to tell the blonde about the time Buffy had gotten drunk and how she had started to sing in the middle of the street.

“That was funny…” Tara wiped a tear away from the corner of her eyes and took a sip of her soda. “So, tell me, Willow, what are you studying? I remember Buffy mentioned you were a super genius but she never mentioned at what,” Tara commented. The blonde couldn’t help herself. She wanted, no, needed, to know more about Willow…Even if all they could ever be was friends.

“I wouldn’t say a super genius, no,” Willow said and blushed. “I’m studying Computer Science with a minor in Philosophy. You?”

“Philosophy, huh? Nice. I’m studying art with a minor in English Literature,” Tara responded. For a moment she thought about how comfortable the redhead made her feel. So comfortable that she didn’t stutter anymore, which was something that usually took longer time of knowing somebody to happen.

“Wow, so you’re an artist. Very impressive. I’m not so good with the whole…art thing,” Willow said and smiled.

Something in the back of her head clicked and Willow’s mind got to work. Artist…funny…smart…really good looking… Willow’s eyes widened when the idea occurred to her,

“Oh God…” Willow breathed out and hit her forehead with her palm.

“Willow? Are you okay?” Tara asked, frowning slightly.

“Yeah, yeah…I’m fine,” Willow said. The redhead made a pause. “I can’t believe it.”

“Are you okay? What’s wrong?”

“Tara, can I ask you a personal question? Feel free to not say anything,” Willow said.

“Sure. Ask me,” Tara said and nodded.

“Are you gay?” Willow asked.

“Um…yes. Is there a pro-oblem with that?”

“No way, no. I’m more than fine with it, Tara. Don’t worry. Hello, best friends are Buffy and Faith. I so don’t have a problem with gay people,” Willow babbled. “But I am tremendously embarrassed to say that…I think they set us up.”

“What?” Tara’s eyes widened. The blonde covered her face with her hands. “Oh my God! They set us up! I can’t be-elieve they di-id this. Oh, Willow, I’m so so-orry. I’m truly so-orry and I-I hope you-” This time Tara was cut off by Willow’s finger on her lips.

“Tara, please, don’t. You don’t have to apologize,” Willow said.

“Really? Are you sure? I mean, after all, they tried to set us up,” Tara said, even if inside she felt a pang of hurt and disappointment.

“Of course. For what it’s worth, it’s always a great thing to make a new…friend… Right?” Willow’s breath got caught in her throat.

“Sure. It’s great to make…new friends.” Tara gave her a forced smile and the blonde for a moment could swear she saw the same hurt and disappointment she was feeling in Willow’s eyes… Tara thought.

After a couple of minutes of silence, Tara glanced at the clock in the wall.

“I’m sorry but I gotta go to work.”

Willow glanced at the clock as well.

“Yeah, me too. Where do you work?” Willow asked.

“In a book store, I don’t think you know it…its kinda hidden,” Tara said and blushed. “It’s…um…a gay bookstore…”

“Oh, cool. I work in the computer store that’s right beside the Espresso Pump. Hey, you work with Faith, then?” Willow asked as they exited the cafeteria. “What you say if we walk together?”

“Yes, we work together. Sure. No problem, let’s go,” Tara said and gave her again that lop-side grin.

They’d been walking in a comfortable silence, both enjoying the other’s company. They reached the Espresso Pump and Willow said.

“Wanna grab a coffee? I would kill for a mocha right now,” Willow said.

“Sure. I’d love a coffee,” Tara agreed.

After getting their coffees, Tara and Willow stopped right in front of the Computer Empire, where Willow worked.

“I had fun spending time with you, Tara, we could…um…do it again,” Willow said, holding her breath.

“Definitely. I had fun as well, Willow,” Tara said and gave her that lop-side grin again. The redhead’s stomach did a little dance inside her every time Tara smiled.

They exchanged cell phone numbers and Tara promised she would bring her dead laptop to the store so Willow could take a look at it.

Willow waved to Tara before entering the store. A man in his mid forties with grey-ish hair and kind eyes said hi to her.

“How are you today, boss?” Willow asked as she walked around the counter and placed her backpack on the empty chair besides the one she was using.

“Willow…” The older man warned.

“Sorry, Charles. How are you, anyway?”

“I’m good. And you? Although I don’t have to ask, your smile and the look you gave to that blonde girl says it all,” Charles said and smiled kindly.

“What you mean? We just met today and we’re just friends,” Willow hurried to say. Maybe she hurried too much…

Charles simply smiled and placed a hand on Willow’s shoulder.

“You know, you shouldn’t waste a perfect shot at love, darling. What you got to lose, Will?” The older man winked at her and left to the back room.

Willow stood there, dumb struck. After a moment, she sighed and pulled out her laptop from her backpack.

“Yo Red!”

Willow was walking towards her dorm room after work. She had planned to grab something to eat at the cafeteria but it was so full of people that she had simply left.

Faith jogged to catch up with her.

“What’s up, Red? Finished work?” The dark-haired girl asked.

“You’re a bitch, did you know that? A Buffy’s a bitch as well,” Willow snapped at her friend.

“Hey, hey! Why are you so aggressive? It’s ‘cause we left today? Sorry, we just got caught up and ran back to the dorm,” Faith said and shrugged.

“Oh yeah, I’m sure it was because of that, Faith,” Willow said ironically.

“What’s wrong with you? You didn’t have fun with T?” Faith asked, frowning. She was getting slightly worried her plan wouldn’t work.

“Of course I had fun with Tara, she’s awesome. I mean, she’s a nice person,” Willow said. “But you two tried to set us up.”

“We didn’t! We just got caught, I swear!” Faith said. Of course she was lying, but it was the only way to calm the redhead down.

“Really?” Willow looked at her, as if she wasn’t sure of believing her or not.

“Yes, Red,” Faith said. After a few seconds she asked: “So, you had fun with T?” A dreamy expression took over of the redhead’s face.

“Yeah, she’s awesome…funny, smart…kind and charming…”

“Yeah, that’s T. I can’t believe she’s single,” Faith said and shook her head.

“She’s single?” Willow asked maybe with too much enthusiasm.

“She is. I don’t know how though…she’s a great person and has a killer body,” Faith commented. “I still don’t get why she’s single.”

“Maybe she just isn’t interested in dating right now,” Willow said, her stomach doing a happy-dance inside her.

“Nah, she wants to date somebody but she’s not like me. I mean, this one time the last summer B and I made her to wear this bikini for a party and, let me tell ya, every single lezzy in that party thanked us for making T wear that.” Faith smirked. “I think she even beat my record of phone numbers that day. Ya think she dated or called any of them? Nah! And there were some hot chicks there.”

“Why didn’t she?” Willow asked, trying to sound casual. The redhead tried to erase the mental images of a nearly naked Tara that made her gulp.

“She’s an…old-school romantic, ya know. She wants the butterflies in her stomach and the corny song playin’ in the background,” Faith said and chuckled. Willow thought.

“There’s nothing wrong with that,” Willow said.

“No, I guess not,” Faith agreed. “Anyway… What you think? She’s hot, isn’t she?” Faith winked at her friend.

“What? Wha…I…I don’t know,” Willow stuttered, taken back. “I don’t look at girls like that, Faith. But I guess she’s pretty, yeah…”

“Oh c’mon, Red!…I saw you lookin’ at her when she entered the cafeteria. You were droolin’ over her,” Faith said.

“I was not!” Willow yelled. “Why would I drool?”

“Oh I don’t know… maybe because she’s a hot girl with a great personality and you found her attractive?” Faith reasoned. Willow looked at her, opening and closing her mouth several times but no sound came out. Finally, the redhead sighed and looked down.

“I hate it when you’re logical,” Willow whispered.

“So, I’m right, am I? You did find her attractive?” Faith asked to make sure.

“Faith, she’s a Greek Goddess!” Willow snapped, looking at her with desperate eyes. “How could I not see it? She was right in front of me. And I swear I could hear the corny song in the background and all that bullshit!”

The redhead was breathing heavily and Faith put an arm around her shoulders.

“Breathe…that’s it…breathe… It’s scary, isn’t it? Scary as Hell, I know…” Faith said to calm her friend down. “Just relax, let it flow…don’t think too much, Red.”

“How can I not think, Faith? Since the other night… My mind is driving me insane,” Willow admitted, defeated.

“I know. And it scares the shit outta you. I know you wouldn’t trust me when it comes to dating advices or that kind of crap, but trust me on this…just relax. Go with the flow,” Faith said. “Don’t over think, that’s your problem.”

“I just can’t disconnect my mind,” Willow said.

“I know that too, Red. But…remember what I’ve been tellin’ ya… What you got to lose? I know you’re afraid…but of what? And you got nothing to lose, nothing.”

Willow was silent the rest of the time. They arrived to Willow and Buffy’s room and entered to find that Buffy had already ordered a pizza. The blonde had tried to question her best friend about what happened after they disappeared but her girlfriend simply shook her head and mouthed ‘later’.

**** Several days later…

“Hey Will,” Tara said as she catch up with her friend. The blonde had just gotten out of class and had seen her new friend walking by. They had gotten closer this past few days, they spoke between classes and sent each other text messages.

“Hey Tara,” Willow said, smiling brightly. Every time she saw her blonde friend Willow’s poor heart started beating faster and faster and the redhead often thought she would have a heart attack when Tara gave her that lop-side smile. “What’s up? How are you today?”

“Im good. You? Did you manage to take a look at my laptop?” Tara asked.

“Oh yeah. It was nothing, just a couple of burnt wires. I already replaced them. Was easy,” Willow said.

“Great. Im glad it wasn’t completely dead. So I can come over to the store later and pick it up. How much I owe you, by the way?” Tara asked.

“Oh no, you don’t owe me anything, Tara. It was just a couple of wires, nothing else. Don’t worry,” Willow said.

“Still, you fixed it. Let me do something to pay you, then,” Tara boldly said.

“Like what?”

“I don’t know…What you say if we go to see a movie tonight after work? I heard the new Jim Carrey movie is great,” Tara said.

“Jim Carrey comedy goodness and the great company of a beautiful girl, sounds awesome,” Willow said before she could stop herself and blushed. “Anyway. Sounds awesome. What time?”

“You get off work earlier than me. Why don’t you wait for me in the corner of the bookstore?” Tara said, blushing at the compliment.

“Great. No problem, then. I gotta go to class now but…See ya later,” Willow said.

“See ya, Will,” Tara bit her lower lip, trying to contain her smile, and waved to her friend as the redhead left in the opposite direction.

Willow was bouncing up and down while walking. She waited for about ten minutes before she decided to go into the bookstore to see if Tara was done, but after she had taken a few steps she stopped and walked back to the corner of the street. The redhead bit her lip and walked again a few steps towards the bookstore…but then she sighed and walked back to the corner of the street.

“This is stupid. I’m just a girl picking up a friend, that’s all,” Willow told herself and walked towards the bookstore.

Tara was behind the counter cataloging the new books that had arrived that afternoon. Faith was helping a client to find the book she wanted and the owner of the store, Christina, was in the back room doing inventory. The store was painted in a nice red colour, with posters of movies and books and rainbow flags.

“Hey, T. What are you doin’ tonight? Wanna come with B and me to the club? C’mon, you haven’t gone out in a while,” Faith said, placing her elbows on the counter. The dark-haired girl glanced at where her girlfriend was browsing through the books.

“No thanks, Faith, I got plans,” Tara said, avoiding her friend’s eyes.

“Plans…with somebody?” Faith asked, giving her friend a small teasing smile.

“Yes,” Tara answered, still avoiding her friend’s eyes. She blushed slightly but didn’t say anything else.

“Can I ask with who? C’mon, T, spill it, sister! You’ve got a hot date?” Faith asked. Buffy came over with a book in her hands. “Hey baby, T’s got a hot date.”

“Really?” Buffy asked, surprised. “Go Tara. With who?”

“I don’t have a hot date, guys,” Tara said. “I’m going to watch a movie with a friend.”

“A friend with benefits?” Both Buffy and Faith asked at the same time.

“Okay, Faith you have been a bad influence for Buffy,” Tara said. She finally looked at her friends and sighed. “And no, I’m going to watch a movie with Willow.”

“You’re goin’ out with Red?” Faith asked. “And why aren’t ya all dress up, dude?”

“Because we’re going just as friends, Faith. That’s what we are, just friends. And I invited her to watch a movie with me to pay her for fixing my laptop, that’s all,” Tara said. Her friend’s faces fell.

“That’s all? Why? Why didn’t you ask her out on a date?” Buffy asked.

“Buffy, Im not gonna ask her out on a date. She do-oesnt wa-ant that,” Tara said and tried to ignore her own stutter. Faith raised an eyebrow.

“And you do?” Buffy asked.

“We’re just friends. She’s straight. Okay? Period,” Tara said.

The door opened and Willow entered. She was blushing already and set her eyes on her best friends, trying hard not to look around.

“Hey guys. Hey Tara. Are you done or you need some time?”

“Hey, Will. No, I just need a couple of minutes to finish this, if you don’t mind to wait,” Tara said.

“Oh no, no problem. How are you guys?” Willow asked her friends.

“We’re great, Will. How was work today?” Buffy asked.

“Good. More of the usual, y’know…kids who try to fix things themselves and end up destroying the entire system.” Willow rolled her eyes and giggled.

“We’ll be done here in a couple of minutes, why don’t you guys wait outside?” Faith said, seeing the colour leaving the redhead’s face…probably because all her blood was…elsewhere…

“Yeah. We’ll wait outside, good idea, honey,” Buffy said. She wrapped one arm around her redhead friend’s shoulders and winked at her girlfriend before leaving. Faith winked back and got to work on helping Tara.

“Okay…what just happened?” Tara asked a second later while she typed the data of the books into the computer.

“What you mean?” Faith said innocently.

“Buffy winked at you and you winked back… C’mon, I wanna know what’s going on,” Tara said giving her friend her best don’t-lie-to-me look.

“Kay… Remember I asked you if ya wanted to go on a date with Red?” Faith sighed and decided to tell the truth.

“Yes. And I told you. She’s straight and we’re just friends,” Tara said while trying to make the pang of disappointment in her stomach to go away.

“But you didn’t answer. Would you go on a date with Red?” Faith asked.

“Honestly?” Tara glanced at her friend.

“Honestly,” Faith said.

“I would. She’s awesome, Faith! She’s perfect,” Tara said and sighed. “She’s funny and smart and she’s adorable. And holy Jesus she’s the most beautiful woman I have ever seen,” Tara explained and sighed again. “But I won’t ever be more than a friend to her and I rather have her in my life than not have her at all.”

“And what if you could be more than her friend?” Faith asked.

“Faith, I don’t stand a chance in Hell,” Tara replied bitterly.

“What if I tell you that you do?” Faith looked at her with a raised eyebrow.

“What?” Tara’s eyes widened in surprised. “What you mean, Faith?”

“I mean that every time Red sees ya she wets her panties, T,” Faith bluntly said.

“But…but… She can’t…she’s…” Faith could see the hope in her friend’s eyes and she smirked.

“She’s what? Straight?” Faith chuckled and shook her head. “I always said Red was a big ol’ lesbo and nobody believed me. T, she’s crazy about you. She’s just scared,” Faith explained.

“Scared? Of what?”

“Right now? Of everything, I guess. Of her feelings for ya, of what may happen if she takes the risk…You’re better at this kind of crap than me, T,” Faith said. “I think she’s better now. And I also think that maybe you should let her know you’re interested.”

“What? No, I can’t,” Tara contradicted her.

“Yes, you can. C’mon, T, this isn’t your first time. You know how to flirt and charm a girl. I’ve seen ya doing it,” Faith said.

Tara finished with the last book and looked at her friend.

“Are you sure she feels something for me?” Tara asked, needing confirmation. She couldn’t believe the redhead could feel something for her…the same redhead Goddess that hunted her dreams had feelings for her…

“T, I’m sure. I also know that she’s scared as Hell and that you’re gonna have to be kinda patient with her. But you need to make a move. Who knows, Red may end up jumpin’ your bones, T,” Faith said and winked. “Take your chance, T.”

Tara seemed lost in thought while she put her jacket on. Then she looked at Faith and gave her a small smile.

“You better be right, Faith,” Tara said. Faith chuckled and smirked.

“I’m always right, T,” Faith said.

Buffy and Willow went outside, the night air filled their lungs and cleared their minds.

“So, you’re going to watch a movie?” Buffy asked and wrapped her arms around herself.

“Yes. She wanted to thank me for fixing up her laptop so she suggested to watch a movie,” Willow responded.

“So, are you gonna try make a move on her?” Buffy asked.

“What? No, I’m not gonna do that. We’re friends,” Willow said.

“C’mon, Will. We’ve talked about it. You like her and I get that you’re scared but you gotta take the risk, sweetie,” Buffy said.

“Buff, she’ll never see me as more than a friend,” Willow admitted sadly.

“Um, Will, hello! Have you seen the way she looks at you? She’s crazy about you,” Buffy said. Willow’s eyes widened.

“Are you sure?” The redhead asked, hope pouring out of every word.

“Will, are you blind?” Buffy let out a small laugh and then got serious again. “Will, if you feel something for her, take the risk. I know you’re scared, I was there myself, don’t you remember? I was supposed to be straight before I met Faith,” Buffy told her friend.

“What if-”

“No,” Buffy cut her off. “Will, don’t over think this. This isn’t a matter of being gay or straight or something in between. This is a matter of taking a risk. You like Tara, then let her know and she’ll answer back. Take the chance, Will. Otherwise you’ll end up wondering ‘What would have happened?’”

Willow looked at her friend and fell silent.

Willow and Tara were silently watching the movie in the dark theater. All the way to cinema they have been silent and stole shy glances at each other as they walked. There was something in the air between them, both girls could feel it. The question was… What? And who would make the first move?

Now they were watching the movie, neither focusing in the movie exactly.
Willow was so aware of the closeness of Tara’s hand to hers, it was only a couple of inches away, if she just could get the courage to take it…The redhead reached to get some popcorn and her hand crashed against Tara’s, who had reached to grab some at the same time. Both girls blushed and pulled away at the electric feeling that ran through them as soon their skins touched. The redhead took a deep breath and Buffy’s voice spoke in the back of her head. She remembered her best friend’s words, and she knew the petite blonde was right, she needed to take a risk if she wanted something with Tara, she needed to make the first move because otherwise she would never do anything and would end up wondering ‘What would have happened?’

The redhead formulated a plan in her head…it was cliché but it was a clear statement. And that’s what Willow needed to do. Willow pretended to yawn slightly and stretched her arms…

Tara froze for a second when she felt Willow’s arm wrap around her shoulders. The blonde was confused for a moment. But then she remembered what Faith had said. Faith’s voice echoed in the back of her head. Tara took a deep breath and relaxed in her seat, a second later Willow’s arm wrapped tighter around her shoulders and Tara tried to contain her smile, which was a bit impossible. Right next to her, Willow also smiled. She could feel the blonde next to her relaxing into her one arm embrace and that made her little heart beat faster.

The second time their hands meet while grabbing popcorn, neither of them pulled apart. Shyly their fingers touched and entwined… Willow thought about what was happening for a moment and decided to remove her arm from around Tara’s shoulders, which shocked the blonde for a moment thinking that maybe the redhead was regretting the move, but a few seconds later Willow let go of Tara’s hand and took her with her right hand, so they could be in a more comfortable position.

They exited the cinema, still holding hands, neither wanting to let go of the other. They had taken the first step, and most important of all, Willow had made the first move. The redhead had decided to take a risk with Tara and it showed she actually felt something. And Tara filled like she had a balloon inside of her chest and nothing could destroy it…

“Um…I think…one of us should say something…don’t you think?” Willow finally asked after a few minutes of walking in silence.

“I think you just did,” Tara joked and they both giggled.

“I think I did.”

But neither of them spoke.

“So…”

“So…”

They spoke at the same time and once again it started a fit of giggles.

“We need to stop doing this,” Tara said.

“Yeah. I think so as well,” Willow agreed.

“Is there something here…between us or it’s just my crazy mind playing tricks on me?” Tara finally asked.

“No, I don’t think it’s your mind…” Willow bit her lip. “I think there’s something here with us…I kinda have feelings for you, Tara.”

“Kinda?”

“I do have feelings for you, Tara,” Willow said, deciding to be bold. “I’ve have feelings for you since we met…”

“You too?” Tara looked at her shyly, glancing at her as if she didn’t dare to look at Willow directly.

“You…for me?” Willow stared at her with eyes big as saucers.

“Yes,” Tara said and nodded. “You?”

“With the corny song in the background and the slow motion thing,” Willow said and chuckled.

“Really?” Tara looked at her directly this time. She couldn’t believe what Willow had just said……She had heard the corny love song in the background as well…

“Yes,” Willow admitted and blushed.

“Me too,” Tara admitted and blushed as well. Willow stared at her, shocked.

“This is so…”

“I know,” Tara said. They were standing in the middle of the street now, staring into each other’s eyes. Neither of them noticed they were getting closer and closer until their lips touched and fireworks exploded in their eyes…

Lips kissed for what seemed like hours…Sweet ruby lips caressed and shy tongues came out to explore a few minutes later. By the time they parted there was no doubt in Willow’s mind, or in Tara’s…they knew what they wanted and needed…

“Willow?”

“Yes?”

“Would you go out with me on a date?”

“Yes.”

"Awesome... Willow?"

"Yes?"

"You're the most beautiful woman I have ever seen..."

Okay, guys!! That was the Chapter! I hope you liked it! The next one will be the date and....who knows... Im not sure... I mean... would you guys like some smutty goodness in the next chapter?? Please, let me know...

Last edited by Alex_Vixen on Fri Jun 11, 2010 2:32 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Post subject: Re: New Short Fic: OPEN MY EYES (Updated 9/6/010)
PostPosted: Tue Jun 08, 2010 9:19 pm 
3. Flaming O

Great update and as for the question of the smut HELL YESSSSSSSSS.

Cody

PostPosted: Wed Jun 09, 2010 12:22 am 
10. Troll Hammer

Loved the chapter and smutty goodness is always welcome.

PostPosted: Wed Jun 09, 2010 1:53 am 
19. Yummy Face

Yay for great update-y goodness... I liked their non-date-y movie date... W/T smutty goodness is always welcome...

Posting While Nude Improves Your Mood.

PostPosted: Wed Jun 09, 2010 1:55 am 
8. Vixen

Topics: 3
Smutty goodness is essential! :pinky

"Dry Heat – In Progress (still)" "Penny Arcade - Completed"
My Fic Challenge entries:
"Fireworks" "Promise" "I Did What Last Night?"

PostPosted: Wed Jun 09, 2010 4:20 am 
Ms. Moderator Fantastico
Ms. Moderator Fantastico

Topics: 53
Most adorable update ever! So cute.

Very Tara/Willow as well. Just awesome.

Do I even need to say yes yes yes to smut??

Can't wait for the next update!!!

Check out my finished fics

Love, The SeriesTwo For Joy/21+/Joy To The WorldInevitable/Infinitely

Confidential EternalA Twisted DateDachsund Through The Snow

PostPosted: Wed Jun 09, 2010 5:34 am 
32. Kisses and Gay Love

Topics: 7
On chapter one. Great line:
Quote:
“We’re not gonna force ya or anythin’ Red. It was just an idea, relax,” Faith said.

“No, Faith. Adding new weird ingredients to a pizza is an idea. You want me to go on a DATE with a GIRL,” Willow said.

I think Buffy & Faith have a pretty good idea. Let's see where it goes.

PostPosted: Wed Jun 09, 2010 6:07 am 
11. Fish in the Bowl

hey, do you really need to ask about smut? XD

btw, I just love Willow being a Philosophy Major XDDD

Quote:
Oh boy, why does she have to look so beautiful all the freaking time!?

this is amazing, you know?

My Heart Draws a Dream
True Colors of Love
A Crazy Little Thing Called Mutation

PostPosted: Fri Jun 11, 2010 7:56 am 
6. Sassy Eggs

Cute update. I loved it.
And are you really asking about smut goodness? Of course!

PostPosted: Fri Jun 11, 2010 8:32 am 
3. Flaming O

Yeah, Yeah.. You had update.. :pinky :pinky :pinky

Quote:
would you guys like some smutty goodness in the next chapter?? Please, let me know...

Now, this is funny.. U really should know us Alex.. We live for smutty.. :laugh :laugh

Hell yes, for smutty!! :blush

Update more, PLEASE!!!!!!

PostPosted: Fri Jun 11, 2010 2:10 pm 
10. Troll Hammer

Topics: 1
alex: Just a suggestion, I think you meant that Willow is taking a minor in Philosphy; the Computer Science would be her major; the same way with Tara's English Literature and Art (Studio Art or General Art, I assume, not Art History :-).)

That said, I love how Willow made the first move. Logical; I don't see Tara trying to actively seduce a woman she doesn't already believe is basically gay. (Cross-reference to Easier Said's "Neverland" or to some of my own stuff.) And it was such a believeable first move, too.

Sue: We don't talk about things like that right after, you know that, no saying those things in The Moment.
Kim: (moves the hand aside) Screw The Moment. I *love* you.

PostPosted: Fri Jun 11, 2010 2:59 pm 
6. Sassy Eggs

DaddyCatALSO: thanks for letting me know of the mistake. I actually have no idea why I made that mistake. I just checked my papers again (I have it written in paper) and it was correct. I dont know why..LOL... but thank you very much for letting me know. :party