The Kitten, the Witches and the Bad Wardrobe - Willow & Tara Forever

General Chat  || Kitten  || WaV  || Pens  || Mi2  || GMP  || TiE  || FAQ  || Feed - The Kitten, the Witches and the Bad Wardrobe

All times are UTC - 8 hours [ DST ]

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 98 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next
 Post subject: Re: [New Fic] Every Step That I Retrace
PostPosted: Tue Apr 27, 2010 11:54 pm 
4. Extra Flamey

Topics: 6
Okay, though we haven't seen any :wtkiss yet, the intimacy of this chapter really got to me. Them talking about Tara's mom, and Willow finally getting 'the message' about magic. I think maybe, hopefully her training will be over soon, and she'll get her memories back. And then we can have some W/T goodness :party

This is still an awesome story! :kitty

PostPosted: Wed Apr 28, 2010 3:47 am 
19. Yummy Face

Yay for great update-y goodness... I really loved Xander's party... Willow getting "the message" was really a big wow moment... I hope she soon gets her memory back and :wtkiss fest ensues...

Posting While Nude Improves Your Mood.

PostPosted: Wed Apr 28, 2010 4:42 am 
6. Sassy Eggs

hope that Buffy will take care of it :blush
glad that finally Willow figured out her magic-mistake.. :party
uhm..can I get some intimate moments for Willow and Tara without interruption or Tara being jumpy.. :kdevil
is it too much to ask? :blush
more pleeeaseee :pray :pray

"I'm not apologizing for what I did, I'm apologizing for what I didn't do" ~ Violet, Bound

PostPosted: Wed Apr 28, 2010 9:03 am 
3. Flaming O

Lovely update, although I am a bit on edge because of the cliffhanger. :paranoid

I just noticed something, it says that Willow is out in the hall and the door isn't closed all the way... can Willow hear everything they are saying?

dun du dunnnn

~J
:kgeek

PostPosted: Thu Apr 29, 2010 5:20 am 
6. Sassy Eggs

I really loved this update! :D And I'm glad to see that Willow's finally getting it! :D

I am my beloved and my beloved is mine
-- King Solomon's Song of Songs

Only reality can escape the limits of our imagination
-- Rivka Galchen, Atmospheric Disturbances

Man is nothing else but that which he makes of himself
-- Jean-Paul Sartre

PostPosted: Thu Apr 29, 2010 8:50 am 
Ms. Moderator Fantastico
Ms. Moderator Fantastico

I am so happy we are to this point now they can move past all the bad and get on with living. :pinky :pinky :pinky :pinky :pinky I love how you handled all of this. Dia

PostPosted: Sat May 01, 2010 8:12 am 
6. Sassy Eggs

The turn of events is so gripping. Please continue soon

PostPosted: Sat May 01, 2010 8:27 pm 
7. Teeny Tinkerbell Light

Topics: 1
abarda: :) Yeah, I could have made it more awkward with Anya, but I'm trying not to make it too difficult for the girls... :) You might be right about what's coming up...

Mrs. Pineapple: Well, I'm very glad that you liked it in spite of me still withholding the :wtkiss You could be right about what's coming soon :)

Zampsa1975: I'm glad you liked the party! A lot of people are hoping the same thing you are so... who knows?

arsyadriani: :) Buffy's good at taking care of stuff... and yes, I promise they will work all of this stuff out soon...I hope you like the update!

Vamp_Willz: Hope the cliffhanger wasn't too bad... Buffy and Willow's conversation is now so we'll see...

LittleBit: I'm glad you liked the update! Hope you like the new one!

Willowtree252: I'm so grateful for all of your encouragement! I appreciate it! Hope you enjoy the chapter!

viximon: Hope this is soon enough for you :) Glad you like it!

Technically it is still Saturday where I am, but only for another 30 minutes and I'm bored so I'm posting...

Chapter 9 of 11

Willow jumped to her feet as Buffy came though the bedroom door, closing it carefully behind her. “Is she…? Did I…? What did I do?” Willow asked, taking several short steps toward the door and then retreating.

Buffy shook her head, biting back a smile. “She’s okay Willow. She’s sleeping now.”

“What did I do?” the distraught witch asked again. “I didn’t mean to hurt her Buffy. You know I wouldn’t, but she was crying, and I don’t know why…”

The Slayer nodded reassuringly. “It’s okay, I promise. She’s not mad at you,” the Slayer assured her. “Come take a walk with me and we’ll talk,” she offered.

Willow nodded distractedly, falling into step beside Buffy and following without paying attention, letting the Slayer lead them where she would. She glanced over at Buffy as they walked, wanting to ask more questions, wanting to know what she’d done wrong.

“You didn’t do anything wrong,” Buffy said, looking sideways at her friend, seeing the fear in the witch’s face. Willow’s mouth dropped open and Buffy smiled gently at her friend’s surprise. “We’ve been friends for a long time Willow. I can normally figure out what’s going on in your head.”

The witch nodded, wondering silently if her friends knew how deeply she felt for the beautiful blonde witch.

“Which is why I know that you’re in love with Tara,” Buffy continued, laughing as Willow gaped at her. “You’re not as sneaky as you think you are my friend.”

“You’re just a mind reader or something,” Willow complained.

The Slayer shook her head, still laughing. “I know this is going to sound weird, but why do you love Tara? What is it about her?” Willow just stared at her and Buffy crossed her arms over her chest. “I know it is a weird question, but just answer it for me, okay?”

Willow blinked. “Are you blind, or deaf, or something? Tara’s amazing. Anybody can see that.” She paused, gathering her thoughts. “She’s smart, and funny, patient, thoughtful, generous, completely gorgeous, strong, sweet. When she smiles it makes my heart skip a beat, even if she’s not smiling at me. When she’s feeling really shy she ducks her head to make her hair fall in her face, and when she laughs it makes the whole room light up.” She blushed suddenly, feeling the tips of her ears burning as her face reddened. “Being around her, it’s better than any magic, better than anything I can imagine,” Willow said earnestly, anxious to make Buffy understand that her feelings were real, even if her memories were gone.

Buffy smiled, nodding as she struggled to control her sudden emotions. She’d watched Willow and Tara’s relationship grow, once she finally noticed that it existed, but there was much that the two girls kept private about their feelings, not that someone couldn’t take one look at either one of them and see how much they loved each other. It was different hearing it directly from Willow’s mouth though, and Buffy blinked back sudden tears.

“I know all that. Tara’s a good friend. I’m just looking out for her. You can understand that, right?”

Willow let out a deep breath, nodding. “I get that. You don’t think I’m going to hurt Tara, do you? Cause I would never do anything like that!”

Buffy stepped forward quickly, pulling her friend into a hug. “I know you wouldn’t Willow. I’m just scared that you and Tara might hurt each other without meaning to.”

Willow frowned at the Slayer. “What do you mean?”

Buffy sighed, wondering how much was too much to share with the intelligent redhead. “You are very…important to Tara,” she started slowly, choosing her words carefully. “That’s why she’s here. She cares a lot about you, and wants to make sure your magic training stays on track.” Buffy paused, studying her friend’s expression. “It’s her first priority Willow.”

“So I should back off?” Willow questioned.

Buffy nodded slowly. “That’s pretty much what I’m saying I guess. You’re very important to her Willow. Can’t that be enough, for now?”

Willow nodded silently. “What if I never get the chance for anything else?” she asked, letting her fear rise to the surface for a moment.

Buffy let out a deep breath, hugging Willow tight. “Just give it time Willow. Just give her time.”

Tara was smiling as she woke up and it took her a moment to remember the night before. She shot bolt upright in her bed as the memories came back and she wrapped her arms around her knees, giggling helplessly into the soft fabric of her pajama pants.

“Someone’s happy this morning,” Buffy said, her voice still thick with sleep.

Tara was across the room in a second, throwing herself onto the Slayer’s bed. “What happened last night? How’s Willow? Is she completely freaked?” she rambled the questions, practically vibrating in her excitement.

Buffy blinked up at her, turning onto her back to look at her fully. “I’ve never heard you talk so fast. Were you totally channeling Will right then? Because that was funny,” she commented, smiling sleepily. “Willow is fine, Tara. We talked and I sent her to bed.”

Tara bit her lip, her eyes wide. “And?”

“And what?” Buffy asked, deliberately playing dumb.

“What did she say?” Tara asked, slapping one hand down against the covers of Buffy’s bed.

“She’s completely over the moon for you Tara,” Buffy said gently, smiling up at her. “She was very relived to hear that you weren’t mad at her, and she thinks you’re sweet, and funny, and smart, and gorgeous, and all of that good stuff,” she recited, grinning at the look on Tara’s face.

The witch looked as if she didn’t know whether to laugh or cry. Buffy sat up as she started to do both, tears sliding down her cheeks even as she laughed, a shaking hand covering her mouth. The Slayer pulled her into a hug, Tara’s arms wrapping tightly around her shoulders.

After a few minutes Tara’s frantic laughter eased and she pulled back, wiping her tears with both hands. “Thank you Buffy,” she said sincerely, a radiant smile on her face.

“Now maybe you’ll believe us when we say that everything is going to be fine,” Buffy said, smiling.

“Willow’s come a long way,” Tara agreed. “It doesn’t mean that she’s going to want me back.”

Buffy flopped back in the bed, laughing in frustration. “She told me last night that she loves you! She said that you make her feel better than any of the magic. That doesn’t mean that she wants you back?”

“I just need to hear it from her, with her memories,” Tara said. “I see all the evidence, really I do Buffy, but I can’t leave my heart out there to get broken again if she’s going to want me gone after she gets her memories back.”

The Slayer sighed, tucking one arm behind her head as she looked up at the witch. “That makes sense I guess.” She studied the other woman’s face as she spoke again. “For what it’s worth, me and Xander are positive that it’ll be less than a minute after the coven breaks that spell before she’s begging you to take her back.”

Tara smiled down at her, drawing her knee up and resting her head against it. “We’ll see,” she said noncommittally.

“Come on! You can do better than that!” Buffy demanded, grinning.

“I hope you’re right,” Tara amended her statement and Buffy rolled her eyes.

“How much longer does she have anyway?”

Tara shrugged. “Not too much longer. She’s getting stronger every day,” she said and Buffy could detect the pride in her voice.

“Perfect! Then you’ll see how right me and Xander are!” she said eagerly.

Tara rolled her eyes. “So much for not getting my hopes up,” she said, almost to herself, giving the Slayer a sardonic smile.

“Well, if it makes it any easier, a firm direction to back off was part of my talk with Willow last night,” Buffy offered, not quite sure how Tara would react to that news.

“You told her?!” Tara asked, spine suddenly tense.

Buffy shook her head quickly, sitting up. “No, no way. I just said that her training was your first priority and it might be nice of her, seeing how she loves you,” Buffy added in with a grin, “to chill with the mushy stuff until the magic stuff is taken care of.”

Tara nodded, deciding quickly that that was the best she could hope for, and hoping that it would provide a reprieve from being overwhelmed with Willow’s unintentional temptations, the things she didn’t even realize she was doing that drove Tara crazy.

“Thanks Buffy,” she said genuinely, sliding off the bed as they both heard the morning bell chime.

Tara walked back to her bed, gathering clean clothes to change into and heading for the bathroom. Buffy’s voice made her pause. “She’s just as scared as you are that the memory spell will ruin things. She thinks you won’t want her once she’s who she used to be.”

Tara didn’t turn, just lingered in the doorway for a moment, leaving Buffy to flop back into her bed again.

Willow was already at breakfast when Tara and Buffy came in and her eyes dropped to her plate as Tara’s eyes landed on her. She speared a piece of pear with her fork, nibbling on it as the two blondes joined her at the table. Xander was a no show, but that was to be expected after almost a month away from Anya.

Buffy sat down across from Willow, and turned quickly to slide both of her legs over the entire bench beside her, leaving Tara the option of sitting on Buffy’s legs or sitting beside Willow. The witch shot her friend a look, but took the seat next to the redhead. The Slayer just grinned gleefully, chewing on a corner of her toast as she spun around to sit normally.

Willow glanced sideways at Tara, unsure how to act after the night before. The last thing she was expecting was for Tara to lean over and press a kiss to her cheek. Willow was instantly bright red, her jaw hanging open.

“What was that for?” she asked, eyes wide.

Tara smiled at her, but it wasn’t a smile Willow had ever seen from her before. If Tara’s normal smiles were enough to make the magic feel like weak tea, this smile made the magic an insignificant drop of tap water. To say nothing of the feel of Tara’s lips on her skin. Willow stopped her mind quickly, seeing Buffy’s failing efforts to stop her own laughter out of the corner of her eye.

Tara shrugged, the look on Willow’s face thrilling her at the same time that she recognized that she might have pushed the redhead too far.

“You were just really sweet last night. I won’t forget it,” she said, hoping the intended message would make it through Willow’s sure to be frantic, mile a minute brain. She bit her lip as she glanced at Buffy, seeing the Slayer barely restraining her laughter across the table, and shooting the giddy Buffy a look.

Buffy shrugged, shoving the rest of her piece of toast into her mouth to stifle her laughter. Tara shook her head at her friend, but couldn’t keep the smile from her face. A glance at Willow showed that the redhead was still staring at her.

As Tara’s eyes fell on her again, Willow realized that she was still gaping and she turned quickly back to her breakfast, feeling her face still burning, her heartbeat slowly regaining its normal pace. “So, what are we doing today?” she asked, eyes locked on her plate and her hand absently picked up an orange from the plate and started peeling it.

Tara swallowed her sip of water, smiling at her own plate now. “Oh, I actually need to talk to Giles and the coven this morning, so maybe you and Buffy…”

The Slayer jumped in quickly. “Alright! Morning off! We’ll have to do something to celebrate Will.” She laughed. “I’d say we should go get Xander, but he’ll be busy today if Anya has anything to say about it.” She shrugged. “We’ll figure something out. I never waste an opportunity to skip school.”

Tara quirked an eyebrow at her. “I’m not sure if I should be offended or not,” she stated.

Willow spoke suddenly, surprising them both. “I never skipped a day of school in my life,” she said, glancing at both of the others. “Did I?’

Buffy laughed loudly, shaking her head. “I’m kind of sorry to say that you didn’t until you met me. You don’t remember much of high school or college, but we stay pretty busy and sometimes class doesn’t make the cut.”

Willow looked faintly horrified and Tara put a hand on her shoulder soothingly. “Don’t listen to her. You still have a perfect score in all of your classes, even if you don’t make it to every lecture,” she said, shooting a look across the table at Buffy.

“Oh yeah, and you were valedictorian in high school!” Buffy chimed in.

Willow looked cheered up by that, as her fingers finished peeling the orange. She stared at it for a second, pulling out a section and fiddling idly with it. Tara pulled her hand back from Willow’s shoulder, letting her fingers slide down the redhead’s arm unconsciously.

Willow popped her orange section into her mouth quickly to keep from making a noise at the contact, coughing a little bit as she choked and Tara’s hand was back on her back a second later, patting gently and then rubbing circles as Willow swallowed the piece quickly.

“You okay?” Tara asked, leaning forward to look at Willow’s face. The redhead just nodded, thankful that at least this time her red face wasn’t from surprised embarrassment, but just the regular kind.

“Thanks,” she murmured. “Want a piece?” she offered suddenly, holding the orange out to the other witch.

Tara’s eyes studied Willow’s face for a brief second and she nodded, smiling shyly as she took a section. She turned it over in her fingers, looking at it closely before she took a bite, taking the second bite almost immediately as the juice started sliding down her fingers.

Willow was giggling and Buffy pushed a napkin across the table at her, smirking gleefully, and it occurred to Tara that the Slayer was getting entirely too much enjoyment from their situation. She coughed, aware of her complete lack of subtlety, but she figured that after the last few days, any attempts at subtlety were wasted on Willow.

“I think I’m going to go to that meeting with the coven now,” Tara said, shaking her head at her friend as she turned on the bench, standing up quickly. “You guys have fun,” she said, smiling at Willow and giving her shoulder a squeeze.

Willow watched her go, letting out a heavy sigh as her eyes met Buffy’s. “Shut up,” she muttered petulantly, smiling a moment later as Buffy grinned at her.

“Nobody can take a joke today,” the Slayer commented, laughing.

Tara could hear Buffy’s laughter behind her as she left the dining hall, echoed a second later by Willow’s and she smiled to herself.

Giles and the coven witches were already in the library when she arrived. Giles gestured for her to take a seat, giving her a gentle smile as he saw the joy on her face.

“Good morning?” he mused, taking the seat beside her.

Her smile was bright, her hair falling across her face as she ducked her head. “Great morning,” she agreed, a blush climbing up her neck. “What does the coven think? How’s Willow doing?” she asked, trying to distract herself from her giddy hopes.

He glanced around at the library at the members of the coven. “That’s what we’re here to discuss.” The other witches were milling around the library, not speaking but listening to him as he talked quietly with Tara and she wondered absently if they wanted her to hear the bad news from someone she knew.

The blonde witch mentally braced herself, waiting to hear that it hadn’t been going as well as she’d hoped, that they would be here for another three months, another six. She resolved herself to the wait, another interminable period of waiting. But it was all for Willow, and she would wait as long as it took.

“The coven, and myself as well, think that Willow is doing well enough that the memory spell could be removed by the end of the month.”

Giles continued to speak, but Tara couldn’t hear him over the blood pounding through her skull. “A month?” she gasped, interrupting him.

He looked at her over his glasses, nodding gently. “Yes, Tara, one month.” There was a look on his face, the soft look he gave Buffy when she wasn’t looking at him, the one he gave Willow when she was being especially adorable, directed at Xander only when the carpenter demonstrated his frequently hidden ability to be insightful. Tara couldn’t remember ever noticing it aimed at her, and her eyes dropped to his hand as it curled over her wrist on the armrest of the chair. His fingers squeezed gently.

“You’ve done an amazing job here, with Willow,” he said quietly.

“She’s the amazing one Giles,” she corrected him. “She’s really got it this time.”

He nodded, hushing her. “I’m very aware of Willow’s impressive abilities. She’s quite unlike anyone else I’ve ever known and I’m very proud of her.” He met her eyes squarely. “However, your own strength is not to just be cast aside. You’ve done something that none of the rest of us would have been able to do.”

She shook her head at him, her hair sliding across her face as she ducked her head again. He didn’t let her hide, pushing her head up gently with one finger under her chin.

“We’re all very proud of you, and grateful, for everything you’ve done for Willow,” he said. She nodded wordlessly, choking on emotion and trying to comprehend that in a month this could all be over. They could go home, go back to school, and get their lives back.

Within a month she’d have her answer.

Not that it hadn’t been worth it, even if Willow didn’t come back to her. She had meant what she’d told Xander all those months ago. What mattered was Willow. Anything beyond that would just have to wait, she reminded herself firmly.

Giles was watching her, seemingly able to trace her mental struggle on her face. “Buffy mentioned your…dilemma to me,” he said gently, smiling as Tara’s head dropped back on her neck, the blonde witch sighing.

“She just can’t keep her mouth shut, can she?” Tara asked, the rhetorical question delivered with a smile.

The Watcher shrugged. “Buffy loves Willow, Tara. And she loves you. We are all very fond of the two of you.” He met her eyes. “I’ve never seen Willow care for anyone the way she cares for you.” He coughed, suddenly realizing how personal their conversation had become. “Trust in her,” he said, his hand patting her wrist as he stood up.

Tara nodded, rising herself and hugging him gently. She pulled back before his surprise could fade enough for him to hug her back, and she smiled up at him. “Thank you Giles,” she said softly. He nodded, one hand resting on her shoulder. She blinked, her expression going back to business. “So, one month?” The Watcher nodded again, adjusting his glasses with his free hand. “Should I tell Willow?”

He thought for a moment, finally shaking his head. “I would think not. She’s so near the end, it might distract her to learn that the spell will be ending soon.”

Tara nodded. “Fine,” she agreed. “I can make it one more month, right?”

Giles nodded, smiling encouragingly. “Of course you can. We’re all here for anything you need,” he assured her.

The witch smiled, taking a deep breath. “We can do this.”

PostPosted: Sat May 01, 2010 9:26 pm 
6. Sassy Eggs

Oh, great! I'm so happy that Willow is near to have her memories back that I almost forgot to be sad that this story is coming to its end. Only 2 other chapters to go? Oh, that's sad...
Please, lots of :wtkiss when Willow gets her memories back! Willow and Tara need them... and I need to read it, too. ;-)
:peace

PostPosted: Sun May 02, 2010 2:13 am 
6. Sassy Eggs

Yep, definitively it's good "soon". I wish all the updates are so fast as this one. Thans so much for this enjoyable fic. The last chap was nice. Tara and Willow came a long way, and the scoobies and them are happy again. Things seem to roll on all'right.
A month to the really hard part. I wonder what will happen.
Keep it up :party

PostPosted: Sun May 02, 2010 3:23 am 
19. Yummy Face

Yay for great update-y goodness... Good that Buffy reassured Willow that Tara doesn't hate her... I kinda hope that during the last month there are some maybe-not-so-innocent :wtkiss ...

PostPosted: Sun May 02, 2010 6:51 am 
Ms. Moderator Fantastico
Ms. Moderator Fantastico

Now your talking I am on pins and needles for the next level. The way Willow fell in love all over again with Tara was sweet and Tara all giddy about it like a school girl. More soon please!!!!

PostPosted: Wed May 05, 2010 4:31 am 

abarda: Yeah, only one more after today, but I do have a sequel written that finishes out season six :) Hope you enjoy the update!

viximon: I'm glad you're enjoying it! I hope you enjoy the new one! The next one should be up this weekend!

Zampsa1975: We'll see how it goes :) :wtkiss are coming!

Willowtree252: I hope you weren't too stressed - and I really hope you like this one!

Early update because we're getting to the end and I have some free time this morning... Last chapter/Beginning of the sequel will be up this weekend.

Chapter 10 of 11

"The coven is afraid that you're letting your feelings control your actions. This is a crucial time. You need to be careful." Giles' voice was hesitant as he spoke.

"Oh, the coven thinks? The coven thinks? What about what I think Giles? I'm in love with her and the coven thinks I can't tell her. What about that Giles?"

He sighed heavily, watching the pacing woman carefully. "I know, and I'm sorry, but it's only for a short time more. You can make it just a little longer, right?"

"It's been months already. I see her everyday and it kills me that I can't say anything."

"I know and I'm sorry, but there's nothing I can tell you that will make it better. You'll just have to get through it," he said sympathetically.

She groaned. "I know. I don't mean to complain, it's just frustrating." There was a distant bell and she sighed, standing up. "That's my cue, I've got to go."

She left the library, stopping in surprise as she immediately saw someone else in the hall. Her jaw dropped in shock and she cast a guilty glance over her shoulder. "Tara…hey."

The blonde witch smiled gently at her, obviously amused. "Hey Willow. I was looking for you."

"You were? Did you just get here? You didn't hear anything, did you?" Willow asked, slightly panicked. Tara laughed at the other girl's paranoia and Willow pouted. "You didn't, did you?"

"No Will. I just got here." She smiled crookedly and Willow felt her heart melt immediately. "Why? If it's important maybe Giles will fill me in," Tara said with a grin, taking several steps toward the library door before Willow intercepted her, looping an arm through Tara's and using it to pull her gently back down the hall.

"Or you could come with me," she suggested, smiling widely. Tara grinned as they got away from the library, exiting the building and walking down the hill. "So, where did you want to go today?" Willow asked, quietly thrilled that Tara hadn't moved to take her arm back, leaving them curled together.

The blonde shrugged, still smiling. "It doesn't matter to me. How about that nice spot under the tree?" she suggested.

Willow nodded, giving the other girl a sidelong glance. "That sounds great to me."

Tara noticed Willow looking at her but said nothing. To give herself away now, after months of trying to hide her feelings, would be too much of a risk. Not only did the coven think that it would distract Willow from the final stage of her magical education, but to find out for sure if her hopes would be dashed once Willow was fully restored to herself was a risk the blonde couldn't bring herself to take.

Tara was trying her best not to hope for anything. It had become more obvious every day that the other witch felt something for her, despite the redhead's best efforts to hide it, but Tara couldn't let herself hope that the feelings would remain once Willow got the memories back. She knew she shouldn't let herself drift so dangerously close to being honest about what she still felt for the other girl, but they'd been apart for so long, and she missed her so much… With a sigh she turned her attention back to reality.

The coven had spent the last four months teaching Willow the tenets of the Wiccan beliefs on magic, lessons on control and balance, surprised by the sheer power of the redhead. She had done amazingly well with the training and was now almost finished. Tara was proud of how well her girl had done with the training, but a small part of her feared the quickly approaching day when the memory spell would be broken.

They spent hours together every day, practicing and meditating. Today they were meditating until sundown and then they were going with Giles to London to pick up Buffy, Xander, and Dawn from the airport. It was spring break from school so Buffy had finally relented and allowed the youngest Scooby to join them on a trip to England. Buffy and Xander had spent a lot of time in England with Willow, only going home a few times during her stay there. The friends were all spending Dawn's vacation with the coven in England. It was the hope of the coven that Willow would be able to return home with them when they left at the end of the holiday. They had spoken to Tara and Giles about it, but Willow didn't know yet that she was so close to going home.

There was still a chill in the air, but it hadn't snowed in a few weeks so they were grateful for every day they could still meditate outside instead of having to stay inside. They seated themselves under the tree they favored and both concentrated on slowing down their breathing. The temperature dropped as the sun fell below the trees and Tara pulled herself out of her meditation as she felt the chill. Willow was still concentrating and Tara leaned back against the tree, giving herself a few moments to just watch the other woman without worrying about being caught.

It had been difficult for her to get used to interacting closely with Willow and not being able to express how she really felt about the other girl. She was constantly having to catch herself from saying something too personal. Buffy and Xander did their best to help cover for her whenever she slipped up, but they were all sure that Willow was catching more than she let on. It had grown more comfortable between them since Xander's birthday, almost like it been between them before, but the quickly approaching day when the spell would be broken was something Tara worried more about every day. Willow was always kind and friendly toward her, but she knew that the girl was hiding feelings of her own.

Willow's eyelashes fluttered as she came out of her meditation and she smiled as she opened her eyes to see Tara's hand extended to help her up. She took it and they walked back in silence, both caught up in their thoughts.

As they got within sight of the coven's home, Willow reached out and pulled Tara to a stop. The blonde looked at her curiously, their breath fogging in the cold air. Willow had been fighting with her attraction to the blonde witch and the feelings that she had developed for the other woman. Giles and Buffy had both told her not to say anything to Tara, but Willow could feel that there was something going on that involved herself and Tara that the others were not telling her. She was scared to get her memories back if it meant that the blonde witch would go back to the uncomfortable tension there had been between them when she had first woken up after her memory had been blocked.

"What is it? Are you alright?" Tara asked, smiling uncertainly and drawing Willow out of her thoughts.

Willow was looking at her nervously, her jaw moving with no words making their way out. Tara reached out to touch her shoulder supportively. "What is it? You can tell me," she said gently.

This was apparently what Willow needed to hear and she stepped closer to the other girl. Tara glanced down at the little bit of space between them, suddenly nervous, but didn't have time to say anything else before Willow was kissing her.

She was stunned and surprised, but her body knew instinctually how to respond when Willow kissed her and she returned the kiss immediately. One of Willow's hands came up to slide into Tara's hair, keeping her close. After a moment, she deepened the kiss, immediately gratified that Tara didn't stop her, but responded passionately, her arms wrapping around Willow's thin waist and pulling her tight against her own body.

Abruptly, Tara realized what she was doing and broke the kiss, stepping backwards quickly with one hand coming up to cover her mouth. "Oh God. Willow…I-I-I I'm sorry. That shouldn't have…I shouldn't have done that. I'm sorry." Her mind was screaming at her to just shut up and kiss her again, consequences be damned.

The redhead blinked at her in surprise, a stunned smile on her lips. "Don't be. That was amazing." Tara looked like she was going to bolt any second, and Willow touched her on the shoulder. "Tara, hey, I didn't mean to freak you out." She took a deep breath, looking the other girl in the eyes. "But that can't be the first time we've kissed. There's no way."

Tara shook her head, her hand coming up to her forehead, covering her eyes. "Willow, I can't talk about this…"

"Why not? There's something here! I know there is!" Willow demanded, stepping closer and keeping her gaze steady into Tara's eyes, her hand gently taking Tara's hand down from her face. She leaned closer slowly, her voice lowering. "I know you feel it too."

There was a moment of stillness before their mouths joined again, neither one sure who had moved first. One of Willow's hands slid back into Tara's hair, her other hand finding a grip on the blonde's hip, pulling her closer. Tara gave up trying to fight against it, the months of hiding her feelings forgotten in the feel of Willow's kiss. Her arms wrapped tightly around the woman she loved, her mouth dropping open under Willow's exploration. She could feel Willow's hand slipping through her hair and couldn't stop herself from moaning as the redhead's other hand slid down from her hip to her butt, pulling her in tighter.

They jerked back in surprise as they heard Buffy's startled exclamation of "Oh my God!" and Dawn's excited squeal. The witches jumped away from each other guiltily, turning to look at their friends.

Dawn had both hands covering her mouth and Buffy's jaw was hanging open. Xander was standing behind them with a wide grin on his face, not even trying to pretend that he wasn't thrilled with the discovery. Tara stared at them all for a long moment before the tension was too much and she bolted towards the house, leaving the others staring after her.

"Surprise," Buffy said weakly. "We're early."

Willow went to follow Tara, but Buffy intercepted her. "Whoa, maybe we should just slow down here for a minute and you fill us in on what's going on," Buffy said quickly, putting one hand on each of Willow's shoulders.

The witch tried to duck away from the Slayer, but was unable to get away. She scowled at the blonde. "Has anyone ever told you that you're freakishly strong?"

Buffy grinned and Xander laughed. "Yeah, actually I sort of hear that a lot. Now, what's going on? You and Tara were kissing Willow."

The redhead blushed, nodding. "Yeah, I kind of…laid one on her." Buffy's eyebrows raised in surprise and Willow quickly continued. "But that wasn't the first time we've kissed…"

Xander stepped forward. "You've kissed her before?" he asked, sudden tension in his voice. "We were only gone for a few days!"

She shook her head. "That's not what I mean. I don't remember kissing her before, but there's no way that was the first time we've kissed. It's impossible." She looked seriously at the three in front of her. "The way it felt when I kissed her, it was so familiar." Dawn's hands were clamped tightly over her mouth, but they couldn't hide the joy in her eyes. "There's something between us, isn't there?" Willow asked. "What is it?"

"You know we can't Will," Buffy said kindly. "The coven doesn't want it distracting you from your training."

"But there is something there?" she repeated.

Buffy shook her head. "Even if we could tell you, it's not our place. Tara…you would need to hear it from her."

Willow eyed each one of them. "But she's not going to tell me, is she?"

Buffy shrugged. "I don't know. I doubt it, but…it's been rough few months for her. She doesn't like hiding this from you." Willow couldn't stop herself from looking hopeful. "Will, can you try and make this easier for her? Don't push her, alright? She'll tell you when she's ready."

The redhead nodded slowly, sighing. "I really do care about her. I may not remember anything from before, but these last four months with her have been amazing." She looked at them, suddenly shy. "I love her."

Dawn squeaked before she could stop herself and Buffy shot a look over her shoulder at her sister before she looked back at her best friend, hugging her quickly. "And believe us, no one will be happier about that than Tara is, but you can't let it distract you from finishing your training. Giles told us that you're almost done here. They said you can come home with us whenever we take Dawnie home."

Willow pulled back from the hug slowly, trying to think. "So I'm going to get my memories back?"

Xander nodded. "Yeah! And we can all go home and everything will be back to normal," he said enthusiastically, wrapping an arm around Dawn's shoulders.

Willow took a deep breath, looking at the ground. "What if I don't want to get my memories back? What if I'd rather stay like this?"

Xander's jaw dropped and he exchanged a nervous look with Buffy. "But why?" the Slayer asked.

"Tara was so uncomfortable with me after I woke up. I don't know what it was, but I get the idea that I hurt her pretty bad. And while we've been here…well, she's finally okay with me and I don't want to lose that. I don't want to go back to being the person that hurt her."

Buffy shook her head rapidly. "You're not Willow." She sighed heavily. "The person that hurt her is gone. I can't deny that you did something horrible to Tara, but you're not the same person you were. When you hurt her, you were abusing the magic and you were scared. You're not that way anymore. She knows that. But if we don't undo the memory blocks, then we've done the same thing to you."

Willow's expression was horrified. "I erased her memory? Why would I do that?"

"Crap," Buffy muttered. "You are too smart to let you ask questions." She felt Xander step up beside her and glanced up at him quickly. He nodded slowly, squeezing her shoulder in support. "You need to talk to Tara. I've already told you too much. Just know Willow, that we know that you would never do anything like that again. And Tara knows it too. She doesn't want you to stay like this. She wants Willow back - the real Willow…her Willow."

"What if she doesn't?" Willow asked, her fear apparent.

Buffy smiled supportively. "Willow, I can't say for sure what's in Tara's heart, but I know how she acts and I see the look on her face when she looks at you. If I had to guess, I'd say she's just as scared as you are, about the same things. I don't know if you two can work it out, but I do know that you guys still feel for each other. The rest is up to the two of you."

"And no matter what happens, we love you both," Xander added, his hand touching Willow's hair gently.

She nodded, glancing distractedly in the direction Tara had gone. Buffy smiled gently at her. "Go on. Find her." Willow hugged her quickly before she took off up the hill. The others looked at each other in the darkness, not saying anything.

Giles looked up from his book in surprise as Willow burst into his room. He put his book down quickly and stood up, catching the witch by her shoulders. "Willow, what is it? Did you find Buffy and Xander? They were going to look for you. They've brought Dawn back with them to spend her spring break here with us."

She nodded, glancing around the room anxiously. "Giles, I need you to tell me something."

He looked her over carefully. "If I can, I will," he promised.

"Am I done, with the training, am I finished?"

He blinked in surprise, not expecting that question. "Well, Willow, actually yes. For the most part. The coven has been very impressed with your progress. You've done an incredible job. We were going to meet tomorrow to discuss ending the spell that's blocking your memories."

"Do it now," she said rapidly. "Please Giles, do it now."

He frowned. "What's wrong? What's your sudden hurry?"

"I kissed Tara and she took off, but I need to talk to her, and the others said…" She ran out of air and Giles looked her carefully in the eyes while she took a deep breath. "I just need to be myself again. I have to know if Tara and I can make it work and I can't do that until I'm Willow again."

He smiled gently at her. "If you're sure this is what you want, I'll be more than happy to see Willow again."

She nodded, closing her eyes tightly. "Let the spell be ended," he said quietly and she stumbled as the memories rushed back into her head. She saw herself hiding the flower under Tara's pillow and burning the crystal that had made everyone forget themselves. She opened her eyes as the memories of her degradation at Rack's house came to the forefront. Then there was the memory of her friends bursting in and taking her out of there. There were tears in her eyes and she blinked up at Giles.

The older man kept a steadying hand on her shoulder, looking her in the eyes and able to see that she'd been successfully restored simply by the look in her eyes. She leaned forward in a rush, hugging him tightly. After a moment of surprise, he hugged her back. "It's good to have you back Willow. I'm very proud of you."

"Thank you Giles," she breathed into his sweater, pulling back. "I've got to find her." He nodded, smiling gently. She bolted to the door, bumping into Buffy and Xander as they started to come in. They looked at each other in surprise as she threw her arms around both of them. "I missed you guys." She let them go and squeezed Dawn tightly. "I'm glad you're here Dawnie, and we'll talk when I get back, but I've got to go." She rushed down the hall, leaving her friends staring after her.

"Did she hit her head? We just saw her," Xander asked, confused.

"That was Willow," Giles said simply.

Everyone's eyes widened in surprise. "You undid the spell?" Buffy asked and her Watcher nodded. They all poked their heads back into the hallway, as if to make sure they'd really seen her.

"And she's going to find Tara?" Dawn asked excitedly, squealing happily when Giles nodded.

Willow didn't find her in the library, or in her own room, and was rushing past the door to the kitchen when she dimly heard crying inside. She hesitated only a moment before she opened the door and went in. The lights were off and she squinted in the darkness. The sobs were choked back as she stumbled in the dark, bumping into something, and she heard Tara's voice. "W-W-Willow?" the blonde asked timidly.

"Yeah Tara, it's me. Can we talk about what happened?" She moved closer to where she could hear Tara's sniffles.

"Okay," Tara said quietly and a light appeared, a tiny tinkerbell that danced through the air to Willow. She put a hand up and the light curled through her fingers as she wiggled them, the spell they'd created together apparently recognizing her and the redhead smiled softly in spite of her nervousness.

It flew back to Tara a moment later and Willow looked at her in the light, hesitating as she started to walk to her. Tara had her legs pulled up to her chest and was sitting on the floor, her back against the wall. Willow could see the tracks of tears on her face in the dim light, the tinkerbell circling above her. She'd only taken a step when Tara's voice stopped her.

"Willow, wait. I-I-I need to tell you something," Tara said, her voice trembling and it took everything Willow had to stop, lingering just outside the tinkerbell's light.

She could hear Tara take a shaking breath and she braced herself for the heartbreak. "You've done such a good job here Willow, and you're so strong. And…" Tara paused, trying to gather her courage. "…and I can tell that you like me, that you care about me a lot, and I don't want to hurt you, but I'm, I love someone else."

Willow held her breath, wondering if Tara could hear her heart shatter, if Buffy and Xander could hear it on the other side of the farmhouse. She'd been such an idiot, and now she'd lost the only person she needed. "Are you happy?" she asked hoarsely, surprised that she could speak at all.

Tara sucked in a surprised breath. Willow had never been one to beat around the bush and Tara let the breath out slowly. "I think I could be, maybe, someday," she answered as honestly as she could.

"What does that mean?" Willow asked, staring into the flickering light of the spell, not sure if she could watch Tara's face as she described the happiness she'd found with someone else. "You know what, don't answer that," she decided quickly. "I just…will you let me say something? And then I'll leave you alone."

Tara shifted against the wall and Willow could see her head bob. The redhead moved slowly into the light, crouching down in front of her love, and reaching forward to wipe the tears away with her thumbs.

"Are you okay?" Willow asked gently, tilting her head to the side to get a better look at her. Tara nodded wordlessly, looking at her closely for the first time since she'd entered. There was something different about Willow…something had changed.

She recognized the look in her love's green eyes as a mixture of regret, pain, and fear. It took her a moment to realize that the look in her eyes was too much for regret over their single incident and Tara couldn't remain sitting down as she realized the truth. She shot to her feet in a hurry, surprising Willow, who tilted her head back to look up at her in confusion. "Willow?" Tara breathed, tears reappearing in her eyes, a shaking hand covering her mouth.

The redhead stood up slowly. "Yeah, it's me."

"You got your memories back," she said and Willow nodded, uncertain of her lover's reaction. "Thank God," Tara breathed, pulling Willow into a tight hug. Willow smiled against her shoulder, hugging her back just as hard. "I missed you," Tara said quietly, one hand in red hair while the other was around the other girl's waist. "I missed you so much Willow."

The redhead nodded against Tara's shoulder. "I missed you too. I couldn't remember why exactly, but I missed you every day." She didn't move from Tara's arms, not wanting to lose the contact. "We need to talk Tara."

The blonde sighed heavily, not loosening her grip on Willow. "I know, but I'm afraid of what you're going to say and I can't lose you again."

Willow leaned her head sideways against Tara's, her eyes closing. "I'm afraid of what you're going to tell me too Tara." She took a deep breath. "I'll go first, okay?" She pulled back gently, just enough so that she could look the other girl in the eyes.

"I screwed up. I hurt you and I'm sorry. I'm so sorry Tara. I got so lost, and I lost you along the way. You didn't have to stay here and help me this whole time, but you did and I love you for that. I love you for that, and for any of a million other reasons." She paused, trying to gauge the blonde's reaction. "I don't expect you to love me too, not like it used to be, but I just want you to know that I'm completely, madly in love with you and I always will be, even if you never..." She swallowed as she finished speaking, refusing to let herself babble. "I'm so sorry Tara. I'll do everything to prove that to you. I'm so, so sorry, and I love you so much. I hope you can forgive me someday."

Tara blinked, tears dropping from her eyes and Willow's mouth turned downwards. "I've never been able to bear seeing you cry." She took in a shuddering breath. "I want you to know that whoever it is that you love, she's the luckiest woman alive. I won't stand in your way Tara," she managed to say. She brushed the tears away with the fingers of one hand, eyes widening in surprise as Tara pressed a gentle kiss to her palm as the hand moved over her face. Her lips curled up in a cautious smile as Tara's hand came up to touch her own. "Tara?"

Tara was staring at her and Willow held her breath as she waited for a single move from the other girl. "Willow, you're wrong. You're the one that I love. There's no one else, there could never be anyone else. I just couldn't let you, the you with no memories, I couldn't let it go farther with her when I love you." She took a deep breath, her eyes drinking in the sight of Willow, finally whole again. "But things fall apart, they fall apart so hard…"

Green eyes blinked rapidly in surprise, feeling like her heart was going to pound through her chest. "Tara?"

"You can't ever put them back the way they were…you know, it takes time. You just got your memories back, and there's so much to work through. Trust has to be built again, on both sides - we have to learn if we're the same people we were, if we can fit in each other's lives, it's a long, important process…"

Willow nodded slowly, knowing that Tara was right, knew that she would do anything Tara asked for any chance to stay a part of her life, even if Tara never took her back. All she knew was that she needed Tara, as a friend if the blonde couldn't trust her enough for them to get back to what they'd had.

"I know," she said, her voice soft and sad, squeezing Tara's hand in hers.

"Can we just skip it? Can you just be kissing me now?" Tara interrupted her before she had a chance to say anything else. There was a pause, Willow's eyes widening and a smile growing on her face before she was leaning in, Tara's arms pulling her in tight, their lips meeting, kissing passionately, hands sliding deep into hair, both thriving in the closeness they'd craved for so long.

It had been less an hour since Willow had kissed her outside, but the interminable months before that had stretched like a tense rubber band, finally snapping with this first real kiss. Neither one wanted to stop touching each other, it had been so long, too long. The need for air eventually overpowered even their powerful desire for each other, and they separated, gasping against each other.

"Willow, I love you so much. I've been waiting for you to come back to me for so long. All these months, they told me not to say anything. They said it would distract you," Tara panted, pausing as Willow laughed, one of her hands finding Willow's, unable to resist touching her, not wanting to be away from her.

"They told me the same thing, sweetie," she said in a rush, squeezing the hand Tara was holding.

The blonde smiled at her, slipping their fingers together. "I forgive you Willow," she said quietly, looking her lover in the eye. "And I love you so much."

"I love you Tara," Willow responded, leaning in close for a kiss, the temptation of Tara's lips too much to deny. Tara happily kissed her back, their arms tight around each other. They didn't react when the lights turned on suddenly, but broke the kiss slowly as they both eventually ran out of air.

Willow opened her eyes slowly, squinting in the sudden brightness and turning her head to face the intruders. Their friends all had grins on their faces as they saw the two witches embracing. "You guys knew I was coming to look for Tara, you had to come looking for us now?" she asked, unable to hold back her sarcasm.

Buffy grinned unrepentantly. "Hey, we had no way of know what was going on in here. And you two are making out in the kitchen, it's not a good room to choose if you're trying to keep people from walking in," she advised sagely.

"We'll keep that in mind," Willow commented. "What are you guys doing in here anyway?"

Xander grinned at her. "Not all of us have been making out with pretty girls. Some of us came to England early to surprise their best friend and were expecting some dinner at some point."

Willow blushed at that. "Sorry guys. I didn't mean to blow you off. It's just been a crazy night," she apologized.

Buffy smirked at the pair. "Yeah, well I get the feeling I'm not going to want to be sharing a room with Tara tonight."

"Dawn can stay in my bed, I'll stay in Willow's room," Tara offered hurriedly and Buffy raised an eyebrow in amusement.

"So I guess that means that you two are good?" Buffy asked, her smile turning gentle.

The two witches looked at each other for a moment, both smiling excitedly. "We're better than good," Tara said, her eyes never leaving Willow.

"Great," Buffy said happily, grinning at the witches' distraction.

"Super," Willow agreed, leaning in for a kiss.

PostPosted: Wed May 05, 2010 5:05 am 
19. Yummy Face

Yay for excellent update-y goodness... Big yay for Willow getting her memories back and :wtkiss fest that followed... I kinda want to :smash the coven for not allowing them to express their feelings for eachother...

PostPosted: Wed May 05, 2010 5:54 am 
6. Sassy Eggs

Awwwww. That was so sweet.
Ha hah a Willow sure can be dense sometime but she's pertty much the smartest thing alive . Happiness at last :wtkiss
Thanks for this last chapt

PostPosted: Wed May 05, 2010 6:15 am 
6. Sassy Eggs

:pinky :pinky you make me so happy
finally Willow got her memories back and Tara take her back
and the kiss...ooh..can't forget that.. :blush :wtkiss
so,you're going to end it? :shy

"I'm not apologizing for what I did, I'm apologizing for what I didn't do" ~ Violet, Bound

PostPosted: Wed May 05, 2010 1:14 pm 
Ms. Moderator Fantastico
Ms. Moderator Fantastico

you handled this great whY needed to be said was and everyone. Took responseilty for there actions. I can't wait to see there love grow and them build a life together.

PostPosted: Wed May 05, 2010 2:05 pm 
10. Troll Hammer

Happy almost-tears much?

Sue: We don't talk about things like that right after, you know that, no saying those things in The Moment.
Kim: (moves the hand aside) Screw The Moment. I *love* you.

PostPosted: Wed May 05, 2010 2:17 pm 
4. Extra Flamey

Wow... how sweet. That was beautiful. I hope there is more or an epilogue.

"She's my everything"
"When I think of [Willow and Tara] doing a spell, I sort of do a spell by myself." - Xander in Restless

PostPosted: Wed May 05, 2010 3:23 pm 
6. Sassy Eggs

Oh, super great, super cute! :party
Yay for all the :wtkiss, and the Entropy/Seeing Red references. I love those scenes.
I thought Giles wouldn't break the spell that soon. I mean, it's excellent that he did it, but I thought he would stop and think a little, at least.
Anyway, Willow has her memory back and she and Tara are together again, so it's perfect!
I'm anxious for last chapter.

PostPosted: Wed May 05, 2010 5:55 pm 
3. Flaming O

:happycry and :sigh

What a beautiful story...can't wait for the ending and the sequel :)

Post subject: Re: Every Step That I Retrace
PostPosted: Wed May 05, 2010 8:03 pm 
1. Blessed Wannabe

Hello ... very good story :applause :applause... I can not imagine how you can overcome it with the sequel .... :tooth :tooth :tooth

PostPosted: Thu May 06, 2010 1:00 pm 
4. Extra Flamey

Hihi...
I was right! And now we've had lots of smoochies and I find myself unable to say anything intelligable at this moment :blush

So I hope you'll forgive me for not leaving any useful feedback, but anyway you know I love this story ;-)

:kitty

PostPosted: Sat May 08, 2010 5:02 am 

Zampsa1975: :) I got an 'excellent'! *is excited* Thanks so much for sticking with me for all of this! I really appreciate it!

viximon: I'm glad you liked it! Hope you enjoy the last one!

arsyadriani: I'm glad that it made you happy :wtkiss make everyone happy! Yeah, this is the last chapter of this one, but I've already got the sequel written that finishes out season 6, so I hope you'll check it out!

Willowtree252: I'm so happy that you said that! I'm never sure how people are going to react to the way I do stuff... I hope you'll like the last one!

DaddyCatALSO: Aww, good! I haven't heard much from you on this one and I was curious what you thought :) I'll definitely take happy almost-tears!

vmpIrslAr: I'm glad you like it! This is the last chapter of this one, but I do have a sequel written that finishes out season 6, so I hope you'll give it a look.

abarda: :) yay! I'm glad you liked it! I loved all of those lines too - the first draft didn't have them and I couldn't get the scene to work at all! Hope you like the last one!

Sanpfa: aww I'm so glad you enjoyed it! Ending is now, sequel will be up whenever I finish editing the first chapter (I'll edit this post with a link)

alecorsch: Hi! I'm glad you joined us! Just in time for the good part :) Thanks so much for reading! I'll post the sequel in a few minutes!

Mrs. Pineapple: :) hehe Aww, I'm just so glad you liked it! Thanks so much for sticking with me for this whole thing!

Last update today because tomorrow is Mother's Day in the US so I hope that y'all will be hanging out with your moms!

Hope everyone enjoys the last chapter and the sequel is here

Chapter 11 of 11

Neither of the witches noticed as their friends left them alone, finally together again. It was only after they separated, catching their breath, that they noticed that their friends were gone.

Willow stole another quick kiss, leaning her forehead against Tara's as she looked her in the eye, the blue very close to her own green, and so bright. The redhead spoke slowly, not wanting to ruin the moment, but needing to say something. "Tara, I need to tell you something." Her voice was soft and low, and Tara could tell how serious Willow was. She nodded as she pulled back slowly, her heart clenching in fear suddenly. After all this time, she couldn't lose Willow again, not after she'd just gotten her back.

One of Willow's hands cupped Tara's cheek tenderly, her other arm tight around the blonde's waist, holding her close. "I know you said that you forgive me and you want to skip over all that getting to know each other, and figuring out if we fit anymore, but I think that we should take some time…"

Tara sucked in a breath, her lower lip trembling as she tried to choke back her protests. "Willow," she breathed quietly, her eyes sliding over her lover's face. "No…"

Willow abruptly recognized her fear and the hand on Tara's face slid quickly into the back of her hair, pulling her into a kiss, their eyes closing spontaneously as they clung to each other. Willow pulled back only a short distance, finding Tara's eyes.

"Trust me Tara, I don't want to break up. I want to date," she said simply. Tara blinked, trying to figure out what Willow was saying. Willow smiled and it was tinged with bitterness. "You might trust me again, but I don't…not with you." Her fingers moved through the back of Tara's hair. "You're the most important person in the world to me Tara, and I couldn't bear it if I ever hurt you again like I did before." Her eyes begged for Tara's understanding. "I need to prove to myself that I won't mess it up again with you."

Tara blinked, finally nodding as she saw how much Willow needed this. "Okay," she agreed slowly.

Willow's smile was brilliant and she leaned in for another kiss. Tara's hands caught the back of her neck, holding her in the kiss and Willow's knees weakened as Tara's lips and tongue showed her clearly how much she'd been missed. Her arms tightened around Tara to keep herself standing, pulling their bodies together and she whimpered, her resolve to take things slow wavering already.

She managed to squeak Tara's name as the blonde's kisses moved to her neck and Willow's eyes rolled back in her head as Tara pulled her earlobe into her mouth, tugging gently with her teeth. "Tara please," she pleaded, and at that moment she couldn't have said whether she was begging her to stop or to keep going.

Tara relented slowly, leaning her head against Willow's shoulder and breathing hard into her neck. "So you want to go out?" Tara asked, panting.

Willow nodded, though she wanted nothing more at that moment than to press Tara against the wall and return the blonde's passion. "Coffee?" she asked.

Tara lifted her head, a crooked half smile on her face. "You want coffee now? It's getting late." She wrinkled her nose playfully. "And then you'll have coffee breath," she added. "I don't kiss girls with coffee breath."

Willow laughed, squeezing her arms around Tara. "Well, I definitely don't want that then, do I?" she asked teasingly. "I meant, will you go out for coffee with me?" she asked, starting to get her breath back after Tara's kissing onslaught. "Or possibly kisses and gay love?" she added, smirking.

Tara pulled her head up, giving Willow a suddenly shy smile. "I would love to have coffee with you Willow," she said and the redhead grinned gratefully.

They slowly because conscious of the fact that they were pressed very tightly against each other, their faces only inches apart. Willow licked her lips and loosened her grip gently, her fingers finding Tara's quickly.

"Thank you," she said quietly. Tara nodded, letting out a deep breath. Willow glanced around the deserted kitchen, blushing as she realized the display they'd put on in front of their friends. "We should go find the others, let them know it's safe to come get something to eat."

Tara nodded, squeezing Willow's hand. "I have some questions about this dating thing," she said as they left the kitchen, heading naturally towards Giles' room.

Willow gave her a sidelong glance. "Really? I would have thought it would be pretty clear."

Tara shook hear head at the teasing tone in Willow's voice. "Smart ass," she muttered, seeing Willow's grin. "So, since we're dating and getting to know each other again, I'm assuming there won't be any sex," she said, glancing at Willow for confirmation.

Willow pulled them to a stop, her eyes dropping to the floor. "Tara, you know I want you, I just don't want to fall back into bed right away." Her eyes lifted, finding Tara's blue eyes.

"I understand, and I can deal with that," Tara said, biting her lip. "Just tell me we can still kiss," she requested earnestly. "It's been killing me not to be able to kiss you."

Willow was nodding even as Tara spoke, moving closer to her and leaning in to kiss her before she had finished speaking.

They kept it brief, their foreheads leaning against each other as they both basked in simply being together again.

"I have one more question," Tara said, biting her lip as she pulled back to watch Willow for a reaction. "Dawn is staying in my room with Buffy, so could I maybe stay with you?" she asked, quickly continuing. "I promise I won't try anything, but I don't want to be away from you tonight. Please? We can just talk… and snuggle."

Willow nodded, her free hand curling around the back of Tara's neck. "Of course sweetie."

Tara smiled, her eyes sliding closed as Willow leaned against her. "So I guess pet names are still okay, huh baby?" Tara asked, smiling crookedly.

Willow nodded. "I don't want to push for anything you're not comfortable with. You can call me baby, if I'm still your baby."

"You're my everything," Tara affirmed quietly. "And I am, you know…"

Willow blinked back sudden tears. "What?" she breathed.

"Yours," Tara repeated the word, feeling her heart swell with emotion.

Willow leaned into her again, her arms sliding around Tara's waist. "I love you," she said quietly.

Tara's arms curled around Willow's shoulders. "I love you too Willow." She paused. "I wasn't sure if you wanted to hear it."

The redhead kept her head pressed against Tara's shoulder. "I need to hear it, but I'm not convinced I deserve it."

Tara squeezed her tighter. "You deserve it Willow," she said firmly.

Willow laughed quietly. "Then maybe I'm not convinced that I deserve it yet," she corrected herself. "I know you're going to argue with me, but just let me work it out for myself Tara, please," Willow requested, finally looking up to meet Tara's eyes.

The blonde sighed but nodded, remaining silent. They resumed walking, holding hands. They could hear Dawn's excited giggles before they could see her and they turned the corner to find the youngest Scooby recounting her flight across the country to Giles.

Buffy and Xander smiled as they saw the pair of witches, standing up and rushing into the hallway to hug their friends. Xander spun Willow around excitedly, lifting the slender girl off her feet in his joy. Buffy and Tara's hug was more sedate, but no less happy.

Willow stumbled as Xander put her down, but Tara's arm was there to stabilize her, the redhead giving her a grateful smile as they switched, Tara swept up in Xander's arms and spun in her turn.

As soon as both witches were free, Dawn lunged, wrapping them both up in her arms and squealing her excited joy. "I so love you guys!"

Willow was rubbing at her ear as Dawn released them and she exchanged shy smiles with Tara. Giles was lingering in the background, a peaceful smile on his face as he watched the young people he cared for above any others, finally complete again.

"I'm glad you're back with us Willow. It's been quite difficult without you," he said, unconsciously cleaning his glasses.

She hugged him tightly, burying her face against his sweater vest. "I missed you too Giles," she said. She turned to face her friends, her eyes lingering on each of them. "Thank you all for sticking with me. I know I screwed up big time, and you guys didn't have to come after me like you did."

Xander stepped forward, slinging an arm over her shoulder. "Of course we did Will. You're Willow."

Buffy nodded, her arms crossed over her chest. "I need my Willow, remember?" she said, smiling gently.

Tara stayed silent, but her eyes conveyed the depths of her feeling, words inadequate for capturing what it meant to her to have Willow restored to them. Willow blinked, realizing dimly that she'd been staring at Tara and she squeezed Xander in a sideways hug.

"Have you guys eaten? Because I hear those pesky kids that were in the kitchen kissing have skedaddled," Willow said, cutting her eyes at Tara.

The blonde blushed, her arms crossed in front of her. Xander shook his head excitedly. "Nope, haven't eaten, but Giles, the sneaky former Watcher that we all know and love, has got that covered," he informed the new arrivals. "We were just waiting on you two."

Buffy looped an arm through Tara's as Xander escorted Willow into Giles's room. "We've very relieved that you came up for air before we all starved to death," she teased the pair, laughing as Tara blushed and Willow shot her a disbelieving look over her shoulder.

They were all laughing as they entered Giles' sitting area. Because of his more permanent residence with the coven, his rooms were larger than the ones the Scoobies had been staying in. There was a covered platter on his coffee table and Xander opened it without seeking permission and grinned as he revealed a large ham.

"Giles, I had no idea you were so domestic!" Buffy teased her Watcher, bumping the older man with an elbow as she released Tara, the two witches moving together like magnets, needing to be in contact now that they were no longer being held apart.

Giles swatted his Slayer's hand back from the food. "I am perfectly capable of being domestic Buffy. I just thought since Dawn was coming, that a better meal was called for than reheated leftovers from the kitchen," he said. "And now we have even more to celebrate."

Willow smiled. "Thanks Giles." She grinned at the youngest of them. "I'm glad we got here today Dawnie."

The younger girl grinned, nodding. "I'm glad you're better Willow. Now we can all go home together." She scooped some rice onto her plate, helping herself as Giles started slicing the ham. "And Tara can move out of that stupid dorm."

Tara glanced at Willow, speaking hesitantly. "Actually, I'm staying there. I'm not moving back to the house."

Dawn dropped the spoon from her hand and Giles opened his mouth to protest as rice spilled on his carpet, but thought better of it at the sudden tension in the room.

"Will, are you moving out?" Buffy asked reluctantly, not wanting her best friend to leave, but knowing how important being with Tara was to Willow.

The redhead shook her head, squeezing Tara's hand. "No, I mean, not unless you're throwing me out for what I did, which I totally wouldn't blame you for, by the way…"

Buffy interjected. "No, you've got a home with us as long as you want it Willow, you know that." Her eyes moved to Tara. "So what's going on? You guys seemed big with the love not that long ago."

Willow nodded rapidly. "Oh, we are! There's big, biggest love! We're just taking things slow."

Dawn was still looking distraught, staring at the couple and Tara stepped forward, opening her arms to the younger girl. Dawn pushed her plate into her sister's hands as she threw herself into the witch's arms.

"It's fine Dawnie. I promise," Tara murmured, holding Dawn's head to her shoulder.

"But when will I see you?" the younger Summers asked.

Tara leaned her head against Dawn's dark, straight hair. "I'll be around all the time. It'll be just like I'm still there." Her head pulled back to look Dawn in the eyes. "And you and I will go out for shakes okay, just the two of us…"

Dawn nodded, letting out a deep breath, her eyes lingering on Tara's face before she moved back, taking her plate back from Buffy.

Buffy and Xander exchanged shrugs, not sure how the pair living separately was a good thing, but willing to follow the witches' lead.

They chatted idly as they ate, Dawn filling the others in on a group of nerds that had apparently been harassing Spike while Buffy had been gone. Not that the vampire had gone out of his way to pursue them, but he'd been frustrated as they had put him unwittingly through a battery of tests of his strength and intelligence. Xander filled them in about Anya's latest wedding decisions, the wedding date approaching quickly.

They could tell when Giles poured himself a drink that it was time they left for the night, and they trooped down the dark hallways towards their rooms. Xander stopped at his door, waving goodnight as the girls continued down the hall.

Willow paused outside of her own door, Tara lingering at her side and Buffy turned at the doorway to her room, realizing suddenly that their sleeping arrangements might be awkward given the witches' revelations about taking their renewed relationship slowly. The Slayer let her sister into her room, taking several steps back toward the witches.

"Is this going to work for you guys? I can get Dawn to bunk somewhere else," she offered, trying to help.

Tara blushed, but shook her head, squeezing Willow's hand. "It's fine Buffy. I need to be near Willow tonight."

The Slayer nodded, giving both of them a relieved smile. "I'm happy for you two."

"Thanks Buffy," Tara said. "I couldn't have made it through this without you."

Buffy shrugged self deprecatingly. "Not a problem Tara. Any time." She turned back to her room, closing the door firmly behind her and leaving the witches alone in the hallway.

Willow opened her door with shaking fingers, suddenly nervous. She took a long step into the room, giving Tara room to come in behind her. Willow heard the door click closed and she let out a deep, shuddering breath. She couldn't stop herself from jumping as Tara's arms slid around her waist from behind, the blonde's chin settling on her shoulder.

"There's nothing to be nervous about Willow," Tara breathed, and Willow's eyes fluttered closed, her body stiff against Tara.

She swallowed thickly. "I know. I don't know why I'm nervous." She held one trembling hand up at eye level in demonstration, stuttered laughter making its way from her throat.

"Shh," Tara soothed her, her thumbs stroking slow circles on the fabric of Willow's shirt. "Nothing's going to happen. Tonight I just need you to hold me," she said, her voice low and soft. "Can you do that for me?" she asked.

Willow nodded, her hand coming down to meet Tara's at her waist. "Anything for you Tara."

"That's my girl," Tara breathed, leaning her head against the freckled column of Willow's neck.

Willow giggled after a moment and Tara smiled. "That tickles," Willow said, squirming in her arms as Tara deliberately moved her head against Willow's neck, brushing her hair over the sensitive skin. Willow seemed to realize that she was pressed against Tara at the same moment Tara did and the blonde let her go slowly. "I'll just go…change," Willow said, pointing towards the bathroom.

Tara noticed that their friends had taken the liberty of moving her bag into Willow's room at some point during the evening and she felt a measure of relief that there would be no awkward clothing fiascos. She changed quickly, joining Willow in the bathroom to brush her teeth, knocking first to make sure that it was all clear.

They moved around each other easily in the cramped space, both surprised how easily sharing with each other was coming back to them. Willow finished getting ready for bed and left the bathroom in silence. Tara clicked the lights off, leaving herself stranded in darkness and not quite sure where the bed was in the unfamiliar room.

"Willow? I can't see…" she said and the bedside lamp clicked on a second later.

Willow was already in bed and Tara walked the distance separating them at a slow pace, beginning to feel Willow's nervousness herself.

She slipped under the covers, but made no move to get any closer to the bed's other occupant.

"Want me to leave the light on?" Willow asked softly.

Tara blinked, shaking her head. "You can turn it off," she said. There was a click and they were plunged back into darkness. There was a moment of silence, neither woman moving, and Tara let out a deep breath. "This is ridiculous," she said, sliding toward the middle of the bed. "Come here," she prompted and she heard Willow's breath catch as she moved into Tara's waiting arms.

The blonde wrapped her arms snugly around her lover, squirming closer. Willow's head found its place on Tara's shoulder, and it was if no time had passed between them.

"I never thought I would feel this again," Willow breathed, her arm curling over Tara's waist.

Tara nodded, her head leaning against Willow's. "Me neither." She hesitated momentarily. "I know we're taking it slow, but if you ever want to stay, at the dorm, with me, just to sleep…"

Willow nodded, taking a deep breath. "Yeah, and if you ever want to stay at the house with me, you know that would make Dawn's day."

Tara sighed in relief. "I really missed you Willow."

"I missed you too Tara." Her head moved and Tara felt Willow's lips press a soft kiss under her jaw. "Thanks for waiting on me."

"Forever Willow. I'd have waited forever for you," Tara breathed, her arms tightening compulsively around Willow as they lay together, breathing deep and slowly easing months of tension and loneliness.

There was no talking for a long time, just quiet breathing and the comfort of holding each other. Willow was the first to break the silence and Tara was oddly comforted by how familiar it was to have the redhead take the lead, even as she felt herself grow suddenly nervous, unsure of what to expect.

"Can we talk?" Willow asked, her voice hesitant.

Tara nodded in the dark, pressing a kiss to Willow's hair. "I'd like that," she murmured, not sure if that was really true, but knowing that she'd missed talking to Willow, freely and without reservation, without having to hide, almost as much as she'd missed kissing her and being able to hold her. "It was hard to talk to you, the other you, the one that didn't remember me," Tara confessed. "I mean, it was you, but it wasn't, and you liked me, but you didn't know why, and there was so much I wanted to say, and so much they told me I couldn't say."

Willow's eyes trailed over the ceiling, seeing the light of the moon on the wall above them. "Did you love her? The other me, I mean," she asked, her fingers trailing idly up and down the inside of Tara's wrist.

There was a moment of silence as Tara considered the question, the long months she'd spent getting to know the amnesiac Willow, so different from the woman lying in her arms, but still so similar. "I love you Willow. Without your memories, you were still you, and the reminders were almost painful a lot of the time, but the little things that I love about you weren't there. It wasn't the same."

"But you did feel something for her?" Willow asked, her voice soft.

Tara shrugged uncertainly. "She was you Willow, of course I felt something. Loving you is not something I can just turn off, it's every time my heart beats, every time I take a breath. Mostly though, I just wanted her to look at me the way that you do. She looked like you, acted like you, but one look in her eyes and I knew it wasn't you. Your eyes, when you look at me, I'm beautiful and strong and I know that I'm everything you want. She wanted me, I could see it, but it wasn't the same as how you want me. I did feel something for her, but I couldn't love her though, not how she wanted, because I love you. I was doing everything, the only thing, I thought I could do. She was the only way I could find to get you back." Her arm squeezed around Willow unconsciously. "Not that I did all of this to get you back, you know, us back together, not that I'm not so grateful that we are back together, I just need you in the world, whole and healthy, even if you aren't with me."

Willow was sure she'd never heard Tara say so much at once, and the magnitude of her words were beyond belief. After everything that she'd done to everyone, and every way that she'd hurt her, this woman still loved her. She knew that it had been said, and not even that long ago, but the reality was still slowly sinking in.

Willow leaned up on one elbow suddenly, Tara's arm keeping her close. The redhead looked down into her lover's face, felt her emotions rising to choke her and she couldn't find words to describe how she felt, even if her throat had been capable of producing the sounds to convey them. Tara seemed to sense her struggle and the blonde leaned her head up, meeting Willow's lips gently, letting their lips speak without speaking.

The kiss was slow and gentle, the wild passion from earlier still present, but restrained. Willow felt Tara's hand on her cheek, holding her into the kiss. She didn't realize that she was crying until Tara's fingers wiped the tears away, and the blonde pulled back slowly, tender concern on her face.

"Willow, what is it?" she asked softly. Willow could only shake her head, too overcome to speak. The tears came faster and Tara sat up quickly, pulling Willow into her arms, rocking her gently and murmuring quiet reassurance to her. "I'm right here baby. I'm with you and I love you."

Willow curled closer to her body, Tara welcoming the move and holding her close. The redhead's sobs were broken up by hiccups and stuttered attempts at speech. It took Tara a few moments to piece together the words and her heart clenched as she heard Willow's broken, crying apology.

"I'm so sorry, Tara, I'm so sorry," Willow said, chanting the mantra as she wept. "I didn't mean to, I never wanted to hurt you, I'm so sorry. I love you so much and I'm so sorry."

Tara kept rocking her slowly, hushing her gently and murmuring assurances into her ear. "It's okay Willow. I'm here, everything is okay. I've got you."

It took the redhead a long while to calm down, but Tara didn't stop talking to her, rocking them gently as her quiet voice soothed her. Willow's head rose gradually, still sniffling and Tara brushed her tears away with soft fingers.

"Want me to go get you a tissue?" she asked gently, pressing a kiss to Willow's temple.

Willow shook her head, swallowing thickly. "No, please just stay with me," she requested.

Tara nodded, leaning her forehead against Willow's hair. "I'm not leaving. Not ever again Willow," she stated, and the words were a promise.

They took comfort in each other, the atmosphere slowly calming down after Willow's frantic tears and apology. They were still sitting up, Willow curled as close to Tara as she could get, but she was sure Tara's back had to be hurting from holding them upright.

"Want to lay back down?" the redhead murmured, already lifting the covers so that they could slip back down under them.

Their eyes met as they faced each other again, both on their sides under the blankets. Tara's hand slid over Willow's cheek, her eyes tracing over her lover's familiar features in the darkness.

"Can I ask you something?" Tara asked, not sure she really wanted to know the answer to her question, part of her hoping that Willow would insist that they get some sleep.

The redhead nodded, biting her lip. "You can ask me anything Tara. I'll never lie to you again, I promise."

Tara nodded back at her, smiling reassuringly. "I know that Willow. I'm just…nervous…about what you're going to say," she confessed.

Willow didn't speak, just waited for Tara to ask her question, not sure what it would be, but resolved to be honest, no matter what.

Tara took a deep breath, holding it before she spoke again. "How much do you remember about what happened at Rack's, and when we first got here, before you woke up? Anything?"

Willow frowned in thought, trying to remember. A lot of it was hazy, but she concentrated, trying to think. Obviously something that had happened had freaked Tara out. Willow sighed to herself. Of course, seeing the person you love pinned to a ceiling screaming could have that affect on people, Willow mused.

"It's all kind of fuzzy," Willow said. "Maybe I can walk myself through it and I'll remember something. Is there…did I do something specific that I should be apologizing for?" she asked cautiously, hoping that the question wouldn't ruin everything.

Tara hesitated, shrugging against the sheets. "It's nothing, never mind," she said, not sure if she wanted the truth about how much Willow remembered.

"No," Willow cut her off. "I did something and it's got you freaked out. We need to deal with it," Willow stated firmly, resolved to fix everything she could between herself and Tara. "What did I do?"

Tara licked her lips, trying to think of where to begin. "It was after we got here, when the coven had you sedated… you were…you talked to me, told me something…" Her voice trailed off, wondering if Willow remembered any of it, if she was just dragging up things that would hurt them both.

"Okay, hang on," Willow interjected, her eyes closing as she tried to think. "I remember Rack's, I couldn't see you, but I heard you all come in. I heard Buffy and Rack, and you…" Her eyes snapped open, one hand finding Tara's cheek. "I'm so sorry you saw me like that. I never wanted to make you cry like that. I'm so sorry Tara."

Tara blinked back tears, shaking her head against her pillow. "It's okay Willow. You're back now."

"I'll never do it again. You'll never have a reason to cry like that again," Willow promised fervently. "I swear to you."

Tara hushed her gently, nodding. "I know sweetie. It's okay."

"So, you guys got me down, and took me to the hospital?" the redhead asked, trying to piece together those foggy hours. "Did I do anything there?"

"No, you were calm as long as I was touching you, but you didn't do anything. It was like you were sleeping, or unconscious or something."

"Oh yeah," Willow remembered slowly. "You were talking to me, you told me you loved me."

"You could hear me?" Tara asked, blushing in the dark. "We didn't know if you could hear us, but I needed you to know."

Willow nodded, moving closer to Tara, bringing their foreheads together. "I heard you baby. Thank you." They stared into each other's eyes for a long moment, Willow's hand brushing lightly over Tara's cheek, feeling the warmth of her blush.

"Well, then we got you here and the dark magic made it so no one could touch you, but you weren't screaming anymore. They came up with the memory blocking idea, but we were all hesitant. None of us wanted to do it," Tara continued quickly, forcing herself to speak before she lost her nerve.

"It doesn't seem like something you guys would have chosen to do," she commented. "What changed your mind?" Willow asked, sensing that they were getting closer to the reason for Tara's reluctance.

The blonde sighed, staring into Willow's eyes. "You did." Willow looked surprised and Tara continued slowly. "When you were sedated, you-you talked to me. Well, the first time you screamed it, and then you talked to me a few nights later," she corrected herself, searching Willow's face carefully. "You don't remember?" she asked hesitantly.

Willow shook her head wordlessly. "Oh God baby, what did I say? Whatever it was, I swear I didn't mean it…unless I said that I love you, because of course I meant that!"

There were tears in Tara's eyes now, a fluttering of her eyelashes sending them down her cheeks. "You told me to kill you Willow…to let the coven kill you."

Willow's breath rushed in as she remembered suddenly - the painful, torturing darkness she'd lingered in for what felt like years, her slow struggle to the surface, overcoming the magical knockout the coven had put her under, her whispered conversation with Tara, saying goodbye.

Tara heard Willow suck in a breath in surprise but couldn't have been more surprised herself when Willow pulled away from her, leaning back, one hand scrabbling in the dark. There was a soft click and the bedside lamp came on, the light causing Tara to wince as she unwittingly looked straight into the bulb.

"Will, what?" she asked, shielding her eyes.

Willow pulled Tara's hand down gently, leaning herself up on one elbow. "I needed you to be able to see my face. Tara, the last thing I would ever want to do is leave you," she said earnestly.

"So that wasn't you telling me to do it?" Tara asked.

Willow let out a deep breath. "No, Tara, it was me, but it was a mistake. I was weak, it hurt so much and I just wanted it to stop. I had lost you, lost Buffy and Dawn, Xander, Giles, lost everything in my life that meant anything to me. I did it all to myself, I'm not trying to blame anyone but me." Her eyes met Tara's in the dim light. "So, at that moment, yes, I did want to die."

"But not anymore?" Tara questioned, her voice soft and sad.

Willow shook her head fervently. "No! All I want now is to make everything up to you, up to everyone. I screwed up Tara, I screwed everything up, and I just want to make it okay again. I want you back! I want my family back. I'll do whatever it takes to have everyone trust me again."

Tara could feel her heart pounding in her chest and she extended an arm, finding Willow's shoulder and pulling her into herself. It was closer contact than they'd had before, Tara's head burrowing into Willow's chest, arms tight around each other.

It was Willow's turn to provide comfort as Tara trembled against her. "You wanted to leave me, you told me to let you die," the blonde choked out, her hands tight in the fabric of Willow's shirt.

There was no denying it, and Willow nodded against her shaking lover. "I'm so sorry Tara. I was weak. I'm so sorry. I hope you can forgive me. I never should have said that, no matter how much it hurt. Baby, you mean everything to me. I love you so much Tara, and I swear I'll never leave you again."

Tara clung to her, nodding against Willow's chest. "You'd better not," she said firmly, her voice shaking.

Willow shook her head. "Never," she stated solemnly. She held Tara close against her, breathing in the scent of her beloved's hair, realizing suddenly how close she'd come to losing all of this, permanently. Her eyes closed and she pulled Tara impossibly closer, letting out a shaky breath. They calmed down after a while and Willow spoke again. "While I'm apologizing, is there anything else I did that I should know about?"

Tara hiccupped a laugh, shaking her head. "No, nothing else I can think of," she told her.

Willow let out a breath of relief, turning onto her back and pulling Tara with her so that the blonde's head was on her chest. "Sleepy baby?"

Tara nodded, squirming her face closer to Willow's neck. "Yes, but I don't want to sleep. I can't wake up another morning without you."

Willow pressed a kiss against her hair. "This isn't a dream Tara. I'm right here."

"And going nowhere," Tara reminded her, arms squeezing her.

They lay in silence, both dealing with the questions they'd asked and the answers they'd given. Willow leaned her chin down sharply to look at her as Tara laughed quietly. "What is it?" she asked, her own voice sleepy now.

"I was just wondering something," Tara said, tilting her head back to look up at her. "Why did you ask me to teach you to dance?"

Willow giggled, blushing in remembrance. "That was before we were admitting that we were crazy about each other, remember?" she asked. Tara nodded quietly. "I figured that was as good an excuse as any to get to put my arms around you. Can you blame me? I mean, you've only gotten more gorgeous since we met, and I was thinking about you all the time, and I couldn't wrap my head around feeling that way about a girl, but I couldn't just sit around and do nothing."

Tara laughed. "But why dancing? You're a genius and you couldn't come up with anything else?"

Willow blushed. "It's kind of embarrassing, but I had this daydream about going dancing with you somewhere really fancy and nice, and it sort of got stuck in my head, and I didn't even know how to dance like that, so I asked you to teach me."

Tara blinked up at her. "That's so sweet baby," she breathed, leaning up for a kiss which Willow happily provided.

Willow sighed against her lips as they separated. "I know I'm a few years late, but would you want to go dancing sometime? We could go to L.A., get a hotel room, make a weekend of it," she proposed.

Tara smiled giddily, nodding as she kissed her again quickly. Willow kept her close and they kissed again softly, taking their time and knowing that they had the rest of their lives - to make up, to kiss, to dance, to do anything they wanted - together.

The sequel is here

Last edited by leonhart17 on Sat May 08, 2010 5:41 am, edited 1 time in total.

PostPosted: Sat May 08, 2010 5:25 am 
19. Yummy Face

Yay for great update-y goodness... Good that they started to work things out... Can't wait fir the sequal...

Post subject: Re: Every Step That I Retrace [Complete]
PostPosted: Sat May 08, 2010 5:55 am 
3. Flaming O

How excited am I?? :pinky :pinky :pinky :party :party :party :pinky :pinky :pinky

That about covers it... Mostly because I got to read the end of this story and don't even have to wait to start reading the sequel!!!! :)

This has been an amazing journey for the girls and I can't wait to see where it goes from here, so I'm off to start "Always Leads Me Back To You" !! Thanks for making my Saturday morning awesome!!

PostPosted: Sat May 08, 2010 6:56 am 
Ms. Moderator Fantastico
Ms. Moderator Fantastico

Now this is how its done everyone taking responsibility for there actions. Was Willow wrong Hell yes but I have always be pissed off for the way the rest of the gang handled themselves. I think everyone had a hand in her problem. Every time they needed help ooooohhh Willow would you help and when it got out of control boom how dare you loose control. Sorry soap box here. I am glad they are talking and telling all that is the first step in forever. Bravo on another fine story.

PostPosted: Sat May 08, 2010 7:12 am 
4. Extra Flamey

Awww it's finished! I was smiling all the time I read this thing. It was kinda weird that Willow wanted to take it slow, and you could tell that Tara was slightly dissapointed, but I do get it. I think if it was me, I wouldn't trust myself either :shy. Their talk was really necessary too. Not to mention smoochies and lots of cuddles :party. I'm glad they solved it all. On to the sequel now...

:kitty

PostPosted: Sat May 08, 2010 10:09 am 
6. Sassy Eggs

This end was nice! I really enjoyed how it ended.
And now I'll read the sequel!

PostPosted: Sun May 09, 2010 8:50 pm 
10. Troll Hammer

Glad that Willow was able to finish her training and now has her memories back. Great ending to a great story.
Looking forward to reading the sequel.

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 98 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next