The Kitten, the Witches and the Bad Wardrobe - Willow & Tara Forever

General Chat  || Kitten  || WaV  || Pens  || Mi2  || GMP  || TiE  || FAQ  || Feed - The Kitten, the Witches and the Bad Wardrobe

All times are UTC - 8 hours [ DST ]

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 349 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 7, 8, 9, 10, 11, 12  Next
 Post subject: Re: The Moth and the Star (Updated 17 April)
PostPosted: Sun May 16, 2010 3:50 pm 
4. Extra Flamey

Hey Anna!

okay, so I've been a very naughty kitten, not leaving feedback.. my only excuse is that I've been a very busy kitty! working (while studying) is really hard work! :P
either way, since I missed feeback on the previous update, had to say I totally loved it.. (the one with the run in the park.. :) ) I love Faith in this, she's really cool. I like seeing her as a responsible, well gathered adult. you always give the best character twists.. :)
There are also parts I loved about the most recent one.. this is after all, one of my favs these days.. I thought the Buffy/ Faith twist was genuis. everyone always peg Faith as the Lezzie, and I thought Buffy's bravado was priceless.
However.. I must admit.. I thought that the "girlfriends" declaration was kinda out of the blue. I mean.. sure, they want each other, they've fallen for each other.. but I guess what I'm saying.. is that I'd think they need to spend some real quality time together, before getting there.. you know? I really hope you won't be offended by these thoughts.. you know I love your writing.
oh and btw.. I loved tipsy Tara. very cute.

oh.. did I mention I can't wait for the next update??

lovely week.. hugs.

Melissa

Missing me one place search another,
I stop some where waiting for you

PostPosted: Sat Jun 12, 2010 1:20 pm 
Ms. Moderator Fantastico
Ms. Moderator Fantastico

Please update this :pray :pray :pray :pray :pray :pray

PostPosted: Sun Jun 13, 2010 1:23 am 
4. Extra Flamey

Topics: 6
yeah please do :pray :pray :pray

PostPosted: Mon Jun 21, 2010 7:03 am 
4. Extra Flamey

*nudge nudge* come on Anna, show us love.. :)

I miss your writing, Ms. MIA. :)

PostPosted: Mon Jun 21, 2010 7:08 am 
3. Flaming O

I'm with them ;-) Miss this story terribly! Hope all is well...

PostPosted: Fri Jun 25, 2010 5:11 am 
14. Lesbo Street Cred

Topics: 1
Firstly, I have to apologise for taking a bloody long time to update again (although not quite as long as I’ve taken to update VRII!).

Hmmm, what’s Alcy been doing you ask? I’ve been a busy girl as always, I don’t want to bore you with work blah blah but one achievement to note is that I turned 30 this month – I have to say that being 30 doesn’t feel any different to being 29!

I can’t stay away from writing for too long – especially with all of my favourite tv shows being on hiatus and there being absolutely nothing to watch on tv (boo for cancelling Legend of the Seeker!) – although I have been checking out Pretty Little Liars and despite the fact that I am way too old to watch that show, it’s a lot of fun. Feedback responses follow and the new chapter should be up in the next couple of days.

Mocha Vamp: Glad you enjoyed reading about the Buffy/Faith twist as much as I did writing it. I think quite a few people will be surprised as Buffy rarely ever gets a happy ending in my fics...in fact, I think never! Maybe I felt sorry for her and decided to give her a smoking hot girlfriend!

Zampsa: Thanks for commenting as always and I’m glad you enjoyed this chapter.

Bellalocke: Glad I could make your day. I’m not sure how you would interpret things moving too fast from here out. I have to say that I’m not going to make Kittens wait too much longer for some hot gay lovin – I feel mean I’ve made you wait this long as it is. The story will not move too quickly towards an end though, there is still a little way to go yet.

Mrs Pineapple: Glad you enjoyed it, yep, they are finally girlfriends after months of disasters!

arsyadriani: Thanks for enjoying this update. I do love making people laugh – it seems I spend far too much time making my characters all angsty so it’s fun when they can do humour as well. I hope you haven’t been too impatient waiting for me to update! Sorry about that.

rhh21: Thanks for commenting!

Sandman: Glad you enjoyed the update – things are definitely looking good for all our girls at this stage.

LittleBit: thanks for your comments.

taranwillow4ever: Thanks for grinning, I sure love making people grin!

Deb: Hi Deb, I hope things are well with you and your family.
Willow and Tara’s conversation was intentionally normal. I didn’t want either of them to be blubbering idiots because sometimes that’s just not fun to read. You are very right, the whole "my last gf was a fucking whore who cheated on me with a guy and was going to leave me but died in a car accident and I found out about the guy when he talked to me in the waiting room...." conversation definitely has to happen soon. Although I think they need a bit of breathing space after Willow’s revelation about her family.

Quote:
But also Buffy. First off, she can talk. Second, she hasn't yet punched anyone or been punched or been dismembered by a sword-wielding maniac. Nonetheless, your name is attached to the post so I can only assume that it truly is you writing.

Haha - Yes, this is me writing. I know exactly what you mean, I’m normally so harsh on poor Buffy. Just because you asked, there will be some smut coming up soon.

Inspiron: I’m glad you enjoyed this chapter. It was an important one so things had to be just right. I was hoping people wouldn’t mind the small bit of Faith/Buffy intruding in on the Willow/Tara storyline but I think from the comments that no one minded! It was very important for Willow to open up to Tara about her past but I didn’t want it to come across as waftly exposition that didn’t really flow. Hopefully Tara’s own revelation can come across as well.
Quote:
I was surprised to see how low Willow’s self-esteem really is. It was a complete role reversal from the predatory, confident Willow we first saw in the story, but I’m glad Tara was able to reassure her by asking her out.

Good point. I’m looking at it like this – Willow has changed everything about herself for Tara – gone is the girl that used to sleep around and not give a damn about anyone but herself. I think however, Willow was comfortable with being that girl, she knew exactly what was expected of her (to be vivacious, sexy and confident etc). The new Willow however, she’s not used to being that person, she has no idea what people expect of her or how people will react. She’s changed herself for Tara, but can’t quite help but fear that won’t be enough. So she’s cautious, hesitant.

ceridwen: Glad to hear this was your favourite chapter so far. You may have had to wait a little longer than expected for your next update. I hope that when it is posted it is worth the wait.
wimpy: This talk has definitely be long overdue, I’m glad it came across okay. She acted boldly and in the end, the result was exactly what she wanted – Tara.
There will definitely be some actual smut coming soon. Thanks for commenting as always!

cantiemedown: Haha, thanks for giggling and ‘awing’ out loud at this chapter.

Ambergoddess: Thanks for commenting!

WTF: Willow’s BFF Xander will be back in the next chapter!

Kendra: Thanks very much for making an account just so you could comment on this story. Very flattering! Glad to hear you picked that Buffy and Faith would end up together! It was just meant to be. I’m sorry I’ve made you wait ages for the next chapter but the wait won’t be too much longer!

Foo: Hiya mate, thanks for joining in on the parade. I think you’d be in the same camp as a lot of other Kittens in disliking Willow at the start. She was much, much too arrogant to be likeable...undeniably hot, but thoroughly dislikeable. I think a lot of people wanted to smack some sense into her. The transform was a challenge. It had to really look like she was working for it in a believable fashion. Nothing should happen overnight.
Poor Grace, yes, you should feel bad for her. She got the short end of the stick in this fic – merely proving a point that you can’t deny your feelings and settle for something less.
One hot date coming up soon!

ringwaldoeuvre:Thanks ever so much for stopping by to leave feedback on this story.
Glad you enjoy the setting of my home town. I should be comfortable and familiar with it as I have lived here for 11 years. It is a fantastic city and gorgeous – although I need to remind myself of this on crappy, rainy days like we are having at the moment.
I love fitting W/T into non-canon roles. After having written W/T fic for over 7 years now, there have been many roles and every one is a challenge. This one more so than most as Willow was just so thoroughly unlikeable to start with.
Quote:
I'm starting to notice trends in your stories, i.e. Faith as the best friend, Buffy as more of a supporting character. Buffy usually seems a little wooden/tough-as-nails with a hint at something deeper, but Faith is always more fleshed out, somehow.

Nice spotting, easy answer there – I don’t like the Buffy character very much so I feel compelled to kill her off in most of my fics or make her a homophobic bitch like in Nightingale. I really enjoy writing Faith’s character and she makes a far better best friend. Still, I felt it was time for a little Buffy lovin’ in this fic.
You make some very good points about Willow’s redemption. She did have a tendency to go ‘poof’ and make things all better and that caused most of her problems. In Moth, she’s had to work exceptionally hard for her redemption, almost losing Tara in the process. She’s trying hard to get the approval of her friends and I think in this case, it’s very much deserved.

Wrong Obsession: Thrilled to hear that you enjoyed the humour in this chapter. It was so much fun to write. Thanks so much for your kind comments about my writing. I truly do love writing for all the appreciative Kittens on this board.

Renatecs: The updates have slowed a bit but I hope to have them flowing once again.

shiraz: Love to hear you enjoy hearing about New Zealand. It is so much fun to write a story set in my own country. Hot lovin’ will be coming soon, I promise.

Anlorew: Thanks so much for your kind words

Melissa: If you’ve been a naughty kitten for not leaving feedback then I have been even naughtier for not updating. I’m glad you’re enjoying Faith, I’m having a lot of fun with her character and the realisation that she is bisexual. Both Willow and Tara in this story are 100% confident of their sexuality, so it’s fun to write someone who’s being challenged with an attraction that they previously hadn’t thought possible. Plus, as you mentioned, Faith always seems to be the lesbo in stories, so Buffy’s pursuit of her is all the more amusing.
You are right to mention that girlfriends might be moving a little bit fast. Let’s see how things change in that regard after the next chapter. Although I also think that they’ve both spent so long pining for each other that should counts towards some quality time...ha! Maybe not! It wasn’t exactly quality time with Willow’s ex hitting Tara and Tara believing malicious gossip about poor Will. As always, thanks for commenting, I hope the studying is going well.

Willowtree, Melissa: and Mrs Pineapple Thanks for the bumping reminders, just the impetus I need to get writing again.

Sanpfa: All is well, thanks very much for asking. Sorry you’ve missed this story, the next update should be finished this weekend.

PostPosted: Sat Jun 26, 2010 12:27 am 
14. Lesbo Street Cred

[center]~Chapter 19~
Children of a sunnier star
[/center]

The remainder of the week couldn’t pass quickly enough for Willow. Tara had spent much of the week up in Auckland at a readers and writer’s festival so the first opportunity they could find to go on a second outing together was Saturday. However, first Willow had to sit through brunch with Buffy and Xander. Her best friend had not yet had an opportunity to meet her new co-worker so she had agreed to meet them both at Café L’Affare before she met up with Tara. She had briefly considered inviting Tara along to the brunch as well but the thought of both Xander and Buffy quizzing her relentlessly put Willow off.

The morning had dawned bright, with only a light northerly. She chose to walk to L’Affare rather than drive as she was then going straight to meet Tara. When she reached her favourite brunch destination, she found Xander had already secured a much sought-after outdoor table. He was busy guarding it from young yuppie families burdened with prams and toddlers. Willow grinned as she saw him swat at the fingers of someone trying to steal one of the table’s chairs.

“Good morning,” Willow said brightly as she strolled up to join her friend.

“Oh my god,” Xander exclaimed with wide eyes as he looked up at her. “Willow Rosenberg, what the hell are you wearing? You do realise we’re here to eat, not jog?”

Willow frowned and glanced down at her outfit. Xander was partially right in that she had chosen to wear a pair of running shorts, although her t-shirt was from one of her favourite local labels and the brand new hiking shoes on her feet had cost her almost as much as a pair of patent leather heels. To top it all off, there was a backpack slung over her shoulder instead of her Fendi purse.

She glanced back up at Xander and saw him staring at her shoes as though he were about to have a heart attack. Cheekily, she lifted one foot to wave in the direction of his face.

“Those look positively butch, Will,” he remarked as she reached forward for a hug.

“I can do butch when I want,” Willow laughed lightly. She deposited a kiss on his cheek as she squeezed him tightly. “I’m going to Eastbourne with Tara, and Buffy mentioned that the trails there were all pretty steep so hence the new kicks,” Willow said as she sat down. She bent over to tug a little at the laces and pull up her thick socks. “Although I only had the chance to wear them around my apartment a couple of times so there may be blisters involved.”

“Ah, Buffy, the infamous lesbian co-worker,” Xander rubbed his hands together with glee. “I can’t wait to meet her.”

“And I can’t wait for you to try and bait her,” Willow replied. “Be careful with her Xan, she’ll give as good as she gets.”

“Excellent.” Xander clapped his hands in anticipation. “Let’s face it, Will, you’ve grown increasingly more mature over the past month and I need someone who will play with me!”

“I’ll still play with you,” Willow protested. “I’m here now aren’t I?”

“Yes, but you’re running off to Tara as soon as you possibly can. Not to mention you haven’t come to Imerst with me for weeks. I’m going to turn into the lonely old homo in the corner.” Xander sighed theatrically and took a sip of his diet coke.

Willow leaned forward and squeezed his cheek. “You’re not getting jealous are you?”

“Of course not…” Xander began. “Well, maybe a little. Just because you’re all happy and shacked up now doesn’t mean you should ignore your best mate.”

“I’m not shacked up.” It was Willow’s turn to sigh. She had to admit that she had been pushing Xander out of her life in her attempt to straighten everything out. However much she loved her best friend, he was a bad influence that she had never been able to say no to. As he stared at her with his puppy dog eyes she smiled and gave in. “Imerst, next weekend then. Although I will be bringing Tara…if she’ll come with me.”

Xander’s mood brightened considerably. “You’re on, girlfriend!”

Willow laughed. She had missed him. Perhaps it was time for her to test herself - to see whether she could incorporate elements of her old life that she enjoyed into her new life. A part of her already knew that it would be easy to stay away from her old habits with Tara at her side. Plus, dance clubs led to sexy, close dancing and she knew that her girlfriend had no problems in that department.

“Buffy’s here,” Xander announced, interrupting Willow’s daydreaming just as she was closing her eyes to better lose herself in the picture of Tara’s hips gyrating to a rhythmic beat.

Willow opened her eyes and looked in the direction Xander was pointing. She didn’t need to ponder why Xander recognised her. The short blonde woman was waving enthusiastically at them as she approached.

“Hello fellow homos,” Buffy said as took the remaining seat at their table. She was impeccably attired as always. Although she raised her eyebrows a little at Willow’s outfit, she didn’t say anything. “So you’re the famous Xander Harris?”

Xander took the hand that was offered to him and planted a noisy kiss atop it. “Of course, and you’re the infamous Buffy Summers. I hear you like chasing straight girls?”

Buffy laughed lightly. “Guilty as charged!”

Willow was surprised at how easily Buffy made their duo into a trio. She didn’t make a point of mentioning it but simply enjoyed the light banter that floated back and forth between them. The lengthy wait time before their meals were served passed by barely noticed as the conversation continued.

As Willow had expected, the conversation eventually turned to her burgeoning romance with Tara.

“I’m finding it hard to believe that you haven’t had sex with Tara yet,” Buffy commented bluntly – her mouth half full.

“Ditto,” Xander pointed towards Buffy in agreement. “Our little Willow has gone from slut to nun all in the space of a few months – and because of a woman.”

“Do you have your suspicions that she may not be Willow at all?” Buffy asked with an arched eyebrow.

Xander pursed his limps together thoughtfully. “Hmmm, I’m getting an Invasion of the Body Snatchers vibe – the original, not the remake.”

“The remake had Daniel Craig,” Buffy pointed out helpfully.

“It did,” Xander nodded. “Although even eye candy cannot save us from a bad movie.”

As Buffy nodded in serious agreement, Willow finally glanced up from her food to acknowledge the banality of their conversation. She did so with a roll of her eyes and went back to her meal. As she lowered her head, she couldn’t help but allow a smirk onto her face.

“How much longer do you reckon she’ll be able to last?” Buffy asked Xander, a naughty twinkle in her eye.

“A week, no more,” he replied quickly. “She’s clearly gagging for it judging by the effort she’s been putting into her training lately. No one trains that hard unless they’re preparing for a marathon or compensating for the lack of sex in their lives.”

Willow couldn’t repress an annoyed huff. “As a matter of fact, I am thinking of doing the Capital City marathon next month. I’m sure I mentioned it to you.”

Xander shook his head emphatically. “Nah, ya didn’t.”

Before Willow could argue her case further, Buffy added her further opinion, “She won’t be able to last a day - she and blondie are going to get it on tonight.”

“How the hell would you know…blondie?” Willow retorted, her anger merely playful.

“Because I’ve met Tara and she is fucking hot – although not as hot as Faith of course. Seriously, if you go a day longer without getting a piece of that, then you’re not quite the lesbian I thought you were.”

Before Willow could reply indignantly, Xander withdrew a twenty dollar note from his wallet and slapped it down on the table in front of Buffy. “You’re on! Twenty bucks says she’ll drag it out – if it goes down tonight, you win.”

Buffy laughed and snatched up the note, tucking it into her purse. “I’ll look after the money – it’ll be mine anyway.”

Willow returned to her meal with an intense concentration. She refused to enter into any discussion on the likely outcome of their wager. After she’d scraped up the last of her food, Willow glanced at her watch and was almost relieved to find that she was running slightly late. She had to leave immediately in order to meet Tara and catch their ferry.

“Guys, it’s been swell but I have to run,” Willow said after she’d put down her knife and fork. “You’ll finally be able to talk about me.”

“I promise I won’t sit here and tell Buffy all of your dirty little secrets,” Xander said as she leaned in for a kiss on his cheek.

“He’s going to start talking about you as soon as you leave,” Buffy pointed out.

Xander grinned. “Why wait at all? Did you know Willow can do fifteen chin-ups?”

“You don’t say,” Buffy smirked.

“Okay, Xan. I’m leaving,” Willow waved him off as she picked up her back pack.

“She hates broccoli,” Xander continued. “and when we were in the fifth form, she snogged our gym teacher after Phys-ed class.”

“Really, really leaving now!” Willow groaned.

“I also know for a fact that this is the longest you’ve gone without sex for years so if you miss our session tomorrow morning, I’ll know exactly where you are!” Xander called out much too loudly as she walked away from the table. “Don’t make me lose my twenty bucks!”

As her cheeks reddened, Willow couldn’t deny her secret hope that Tara would invite her to stay over, or vice versa. The thought of slipping such an invitation into a conversation with Tara gave her a slight thrill. She used to issue invitations with such regularity that it had become almost boring. With Tara it was fresh and exciting.

If things went her way, then Xander would be kissing his money goodbye.

~~~~~~

As Willow had feared, she was slightly late. Tara was already perched on a seat near the edge of the wharf. She was dressed in much the same manner as Willow – simple shorts and a t-shirt. Willow smirked as she noticed that Tara’s hiking shoes were just as butch as her own.

She approached slowly, taking her time to savour the sight of Tara sitting in the sun. Her blonde hair caught the light in such a way that it appeared to cast a glow around her head. Xander is so losing his twenty bucks, Willow thought with tightness in her gut. Could that woman be any better looking?

Eventually, as though sensing she were being watched, Tara glanced over her shoulder and saw Willow approaching. The resulting smile caused Willow’s heart to do a little somersault.

“Hey you,” she said brightly, standing up and hefting her own backpack over her shoulder.

“Hey,” Willow replied, amazed how such simple words could carry so much meaning. Do I kiss her? she asked herself as she reached the blonde. She’s my girlfriend – I am definitely supposed to kiss her.

Just as Willow was pondering exactly what kind of kiss would be appropriate in the circumstances, Tara stepped forward and placed a confident hand on the back of Willow’s neck. Before Willow could so much as utter a squeak, Tara drew her in close. She paused for a moment - showing her own nervousness - before leaning forward to deliver a sensuous, tender kiss.

It took only moments for Willow to overcome her surprise. She melted into Tara’s body. Her own arms moved to embrace Tara, wrapping around her back and snaking upwards. She let her fingers move up over the smooth skin of Tara’s neck. A small sigh of delight escaped her lips.

“Ladies!” a voice hollered loudly. Both Tara and Willow drew apart to see one of the ferry’s crew waving at them with a grin. “Boat’s about to leave – I suggest you continue your hellos on board.”

With a slight flush to their cheeks, the pair handed over tickets Tara had purchased while waiting for Willow and boarded the catamaran ferry. Stairs led down to a spacious cabin but they immediately decided to sit up on top where they could enjoy the sunshine and the view.

The deck was a little crowded, but Willow found spot on one of the benches where they could squeeze in. She wrapped one arm around Tara’s waist, surprised at how natural the contact felt. When she turned to look at Tara, the blonde was saying hello to a small child sitting on her other side. Willow couldn’t help but grin to herself, everything just felt so right.

The ride across the harbour was a noisy one. Children talked animatedly, tourists posed for photos with the expanse of Wellington city in the view behind them. For the most part, Willow was content to sit in silence. She enjoyed the feel of her arm around Tara’s back and the way their thighs and knees were pressed together.

“This is absolutely gorgeous,” Tara commented a while later. They had docked at Somes Island – a tiny island wildlife sanctuary in the middle of the harbour – to let off some of the passengers.

At least half of the passengers disembarked, leaving Willow and Tara with much more room. They opted to move right to the front of the viewing deck and stood rather than sat.

As the ferry chugged away from the island, Willow and Tara had an unencumbered view of the stretch of harbour between the island and steep, green hills of Eastbourne rising up from the sea. If they continued to look to the right, they would see the gentle curvature of the harbour straightening out towards Pencarrow Head and the entrance to the harbour. Beyond that lay Cook Strait, the expanse of water separating New Zealand’s North and South Islands. Cook Strait was known for wild weather and unpredictable winds, often causing hazardous crossings for one of the ferries running between the islands. However, the day couldn’t have been a nicer one with very little wind and plenty of sunshine.

Willow decided to rummage in her backpack for her camera. “Picture?” she asked Tara.

The two leaned in close as Willow held out the camera. Tara put her arm around Willow’s shoulders and Willow took the picture. She then checked the results on the screen. It was perfect except for Willow’s arm ruining the shot.

Tara laughed and took the camera from Willow. She turned to another young couple sitting just behind them. They were only too pleased to take a picture - the results of course being much better. Willow couldn’t stop looking at the picture on the screen. It was so simple, just two young women smiling into the camera. However it meant more to her than she could possibly describe. She finally turned the camera off and tucked it back into her bag. Eastbourne was only a short distance away now and in no time at all, they were off the ferry and onto the dock.

Eastbourne was a narrow suburb, restricted on one side by the shoreline and the other by the steep hills. There was a narrow strip of flat land crowded with shops and houses. Many more houses were built up in the hills, amidst the forest.

“This would be a nice place to live,” Tara said as they made their way from the dock and across the main road. Many of the houses were modern, with huge windows to take advantage of the sun and the view.

“Yeah, but it would be a bitch to move your stuff in,” Willow pointed towards one house reached by only a steep set of stairs. “Do you want to get started straight away or stop for a bite to eat first?” Willow nodded towards a nearby cafe.

“I’m good,” Tara replied. “You?”

“I had lunch with Xander and Buffy before meeting you so I’m pretty much full to the brim. In fact, I’m probably far too stuffed to haul my arse up that hill,” Willow looked up towards their intended destination. “How about we browse the shops instead?” Eastbourne was known for its quirky art shops frequented by trendy Wellingtonians.

“Are you serious?” Tara asked tentatively. “Because we could...”

Willow shook her head quickly in reply. Browsing the shops did have a certain amount of appeal, but she wanted to be alone with Tara – even if alone meant hauling her arse up a steep hill.

Willow may have been regretting her decision half an hour into their walk. She had to use a small tree to help herself up a particularly large step. As she struggled, she felt a cheeky hand on her arse, pushing her upwards. Tara bounded up after her and they stopped to catch their breath.

“Okay, Buffy told me it was steep but I didn’t think she meant so steep that you had to crawl up on all fours.” Willow sagged slightly, her breath coming in a steady wheeze. She was also coated in a layer of sweat. Several decidedly unattractive wet patches were appearing on her t-shirt and she could feel a trickle of sweat beads between her breasts.

“We’ve made pretty good time,” Tara replied. “Besides, all the gym work outs and running keep you pretty fit.”

“I’m a runner, not a mountain goat.” Willow turned to look at the path they had already covered and also the view that lay beyond the trees.

It was undeniably gorgeous. The steep trail had taken them quite high in a relatively short space of time. The houses of Eastbourne looked like tiny models down below. Somes Island and Wellington City were even further in the distance – surrounded by sparkling ocean. The day was hot for early summer, even though the trees only allowed small shafts of sunlight through. Little pools of light were created on the forest floor around them, illuminating the low growing ferns and leaf-covered trail.

“Come on,” Tara prodded Willow. “Race you to the top.” She moved past Willow and continued up the trail at a quick pace.

Willow wasn’t particularly fussed with the idea of a race - however the motivation of walking behind Tara and staring at her arse was enough to get her moving again.

By the time they did reach the top of the ridge, Willow was feeling several conflicting sensations. Given that she had just spent the last fifteen minutes staring at Tara’s creamy thighs and the thin fabric of her shorts stretched over her tight arse, she was feeling decidedly turned on. On the down side, she was even sweatier and, despite her thick socks, her feet were developing several blisters in her new hiking boots.

Tara was also a little worse for wear. She could see an unsightly patch of sweat on her chest and suspected that her hair was plastered to her head in an unattractive fashion. It was all she could do to hope that she still looked as good as Willow. Although sweaty, the redhead was glowing. Her slightly pink cheeks only contributed to her beauty.

She found a nearby tree and leant back against it, knowing that if she sat down she would have difficulty standing again. Willow had paused slightly below her on the trail. She was staring out at the view with a pensive expression on her face. A few moments later, she turned and covered the short distance between them with a few quick strides. Before Tara was entirely aware of what was happening, Willow pressed her back hard against the tree and began kissing her intently.

Although surprised, Tara didn’t protest – even as she felt Willow’s sweaty body press up against her own. Far from being unpleasant, Tara found herself enjoying the feel of the slightly damp body up against her own. It made the moment feel vividly real and alive. She tasted a slight salty tang to Willow’s lips. When she moved her hand to the back of Willow’s neck and up into her hair, it was damp. That same wet feeling was soon mirrored between her legs as the pressure of Willow’s body and lips left her craving a more intimate touch. Instinctively, she pumped her hips forward, grinding her crotch against Willow’s thigh. The friction intensified her longing.

Willow responded by wedging her thigh between Tara’s legs. She abandoned Tara’s lips to trail light kisses down her neck. Tara nestled her head back against the tree and closed her eyes as Willow’s lips left a tingling sensation wherever they touched. Moments later, she felt her t-shirt being tugged at and the skin of her stomach felt a rush of air as it was exposed. She opened her eyes and looked down.

“Ah, Will,” Tara whispered with alarm as Willow began to inch her shirt up over her stomach and towards her breasts. “We are on a public walking track.”

“I know,” Willow drew her lips back slightly but kept moving Tara’s t-shirt higher. She also intensified the movement of her hips, pumping in a slow rhythm against Tara. Despite the blonde’s verbal protest, none of it translated into her movements. “But you’re driving me nuts.”

“I’m all sweaty and gross,” Tara protested. She gasped as Willow pushed up her bra, exposing the parcel of flesh to the air. For a moment she felt a chill – but only for a moment as Willow’s mouth closed over her nipple.

Tara let out an exhalation of delight as Willow teased her sensitive flesh. It quickly transformed into a drawn out groan when Willow replaced the thigh pressed against her crotch with her hand. She responded greedily to the pressure of Willow’s fingers. For a glorious minute, she allowed herself to get carried away with the idea that she and Willow were going to have sex up against the tree. The months of longing and desire from afar were finally going to be fulfilled.

Then she felt the roughness of the tree’s bark against her back. Her boots were slipping slightly as she struggled to keep her jelly-like legs from giving out beneath her. She opened her eyes and looked at Willow, still intently caressing her breast. More than anything, she wanted to be with Willow and sex up against a tree would have been nothing short of hot. However, she knew it wasn’t right for their first time together as girlfriends.

“Will,” she whispered reluctantly.

“Yeah?” Willow paused in her ministrations and looked up at Tara. Her lips were slightly swollen and they were curled up into a grin.

“We can’t do this here,” she offered quietly.

“Sure we can. I even have instant hand sanitizer in my bag,” Willow replied, her grin growing larger for a few moments. However, she eventually straightened up with a sigh. “I know, I’d hate to have to stop just because someone was coming along the track.”

She reached out and gently tugged Tara’s bra back down over her breasts. Her t-shirt followed a moment later.

Tara clasped Willow’s cheeks in her hands. “You are incredibly sexy, hot and entirely fuckable. I don’t want to presume anything, but when we do eventually do this, I want to be able to see all of you – to feel your skin pressed against mine. These clothes in the way-“ Tara tugged at Willow’s t-shirt “-just spoil the view.”

“Well, if that’s the problem...” with one swift moment, Willow removed the offending t-shirt. She drew it up over her head and tossed it to the ground. Then, as Tara stared in a pleasant state of shock, she deftly unhooked her bra and let it join her t-shirt on the ground.

“Oh god, Willow, you are incorrigible,” Tara whispered as she was instantly drawn to lay her hands on Willow’s smooth flesh. She trailed her fingers up over Willow’s abs to her breasts. She then cupped one in each hand, massaging and kneading them between her fingers.

“I am rather naughty aren’t I?” Willow winked. “What do you say to taking this off the trail and finding a nice little patch of mossy ground where we can get naked?”

“Don’t tempt me, Willow, or you might just find yourself in trouble...” Tara paused as she thought she heard a sound other than birds and her own hoarse breaths. A few seconds later, her fears were confirmed as a man’s voice reached her ears. It was followed by a child’s laugh. “What do you say to putting your top back on, really quickly.”

At this point, Willow had heard voices too. With her green eyes wide, she scrambled to grab her bra and t-shirt. The bra and t-shirt were tugged on in the nick of time. Just a second or so later, the women saw a child’s head come into view as he scrambled up the path. The boy was followed by a girl hard on his heels and then their parents following at a more sedate pace.

“Lovely day isn’t it?” the man called out to them.

“It sure is,” Tara replied, hoping her cheeks weren’t too red. She glanced across at Willow to see her trying to calm her rapid breathing by taking deep breaths.

“I can definitely understand why you would want to take a break,” the woman said as she paused for a moment. “This is hard work.”

Their two children were continuing to scramble up the path ahead. “Wouldn’t you love to have their energy?” Tara commented.

“At least this will wear them out,” their mother replied. “Hey guys, don’t get too far ahead!”

“You and Dad are too slow!” the boy called back over his shoulder.

Their parents took this as a sign to get moving again. The man reached out and took his wife’s hand in his own. “Enjoy the rest of your walk, girls,” he said.

Willow and Tara smiled and waved the family off. As soon as they had disappeared, Willow let out a sigh of relief. “That was close. Poor kid almost had a view of something he shouldn’t be seeing for at least another decade.”

Tara laughed. “Plus they’re spoken for. Want me to do your bra up?”

“Yes please,” Willow hiked her t-shirt up so Tara could do up the clasp.

Properly attired, Willow and Tara continued their way along the track. Willow’s heart was soon racing again, but this time from exertion rather sexual excitement. The rest of the hike passed with more spectacular views as they walked along the top of the ridge and several more buckets of sweat. It was too rather exhausted young women that emerged from the bush clad hills a few hours later.

They were waiting for the ferry as it chugged slowly beside the wharf. Instead of travelling up on the top deck as they had done on the way over, Tara suggested they sit in the main cabin instead. There they would have comfortable seats out of the wind.

As soon as she sat back into the seat, Willow felt suddenly weary. While the hike had been taxing, she hadn’t felt overly tired at any stage. Now, in the ferry’s cabin, she found the constant hum of the motor lulling her towards sleep. She stifled a yawn and tried to concentrate on looking past Tara, who was sitting by the window, and out at the blue sea beyond. However, as the ferry left the wharf and slowly picked up speed as it raced across the harbour back towards Wellington, she felt her eyes grow heavier.

Tara had to agree that the day had been almost perfect. The weather had been kind, with the wind only picking up at the end of the day. The hike had been well worth the effort, despite her aching thigh muscles and Willow’s blisters. She could not have wished for better company. Her only regret from the day had been the sudden interruption to their make-out session. A session that Tara knew would have led to even naughtier antics up against the tree if they had not been interrupted. She cursed the fact that the track was so popular and that they had not thought to find a more secluded spot for their frolicking.

Still, as she turned to look at Willow, Tara hoped that they would have plenty of time for sex in the outdoors and other public places. She smiled at the redhead and Willow managed a tired one in return. Tara had only returned to looking out the window for a minute or two when she felt a soft weight on her shoulder. She glanced down and saw that Willow had succumbed to exhaustion, falling into a deep slumber. Her cheek was pressed against Tara’s shoulder and the strands of hair that had escaped from her ponytail had fallen forward over her face. Trying her best not to disturb the sleeping redhead, Tara shifted slightly so she could lift her arm around Willow’s shoulders and make her more comfortable. The sunlight reflecting off the waters of the harbour no longer held any interest; she spent the whole journey studying the face that was tucked up against her. Without a doubt, Willow’s creamy skin, delicate lips and eyelashes resting on her cheeks, were every bit as beautiful as what lay out the window.

Willow woke as soon as the rumble of the ferry changed as they slowed down nearing the harbour. She jerked up as though wondering where she was for a moment. When she saw Tara’s comforting smile, everything was fine. She did however glance at Tara’s shoulder to check she hadn’t drooled on it.

“Good sleep?” Tara asked, removing her arm from where it had been comfortably wrapped around Willow’s shoulders.

Willow straightened and indulged in a discreet mini-stretch. She then rubbed at her neck as though it was stiff. “Yeah, I can’t believe I just drifted off like that. Sorry, you should have woken me instead of letting me snore on your shoulder.”

“What are girlfriends for?” Tara reached out and brushed several strands of hair out of Willow’s face. “Besides, you didn’t snore a bit.”

“Did I sleep talk then? I do have this habit of saying really nonsensical crap while I’m asleep.”

Tara shook her head with a grin. She remembered Willow’s early morning babbling from the one time she had woken up next to her. “No sleep-talking either.”

As they disembarked, Tara suggested that they share a taxi instead of walking to their respective apartments. She felt slightly guilty at her ulterior motive of sharing just so she could get Willow to her apartment. However, knowing the redhead like she did, she suspected that Willow would not mind at all.

The taxi ride passed in relative but comfortable silence. Neither Willow nor Tara felt the need to speak to add superfluous noise to the end of a wonderful day. Willow simply reached across the back seat and wrapped her fingers around Tara’s. The contact said more than whole sentences.

When they taxi drew to a halt outside Tara’s apartment building, she looked across and saw the disappointed expression on Willow’s face. The redhead clearly expected their day together to be over.

“It’s almost dinner time. I don’t think I have much more than pasta or soup but you’re welcome to come up,” Tara suggested.

“Sure,” Willow replied as nonchalantly as possible. The speed with which she paid the driver and exited the taxi were a better indication of what she thought of Tara’s idea.

However, as she climbed out of the taxi, Tara wondered if she was moving a little fast. Then she only had to remember the way she felt a few hours earlier, and just how ready she had been for Willow then. She had spent almost five months wanting Willow; there was no sense in prolonging it any further. The taxi pulled away from the curb, there was no going back.

“Are you sure you want me to come up?” Willow asked hopefully.

“Do you want to come up?”

“Is Angelina Jolie hot?” was Willow’s immediate answer. “Of course I do.”

“It’s settled then,” Tara said as she reached for Willow’s hand. She hoped her palm wasn’t too sweaty. “You’re coming up.”

“Of course, nothing has to happen,” Willow quickly added as Tara led her inside. “We can just talk, or have coffee. Movies are good too. I think Resident Evil is on TV tonight, while I think the sequel is actually better, it’s still a pretty good time with Michelle and Milla kicking butt…if you’re into that kind of thing…”

“Willow?”

“Yes?”

“Just shut up and come inside.”

Post subject: Re: The Moth and the Star (Updated 26 June)
PostPosted: Sat Jun 26, 2010 1:05 am 
4. Extra Flamey

glad your are back, thanks for the up-date........

PostPosted: Sat Jun 26, 2010 2:53 am 
4. Extra Flamey

Topics: 6
So glad you're back! And with a fantastic update...
I really liked the intimacy of this chapter. And I like how the roles have been switched in comparison to the beginning of the story. Right now it's Willow who's being reproachful and careful not to make the wrong step, while Tara is the confident one.

Honestly, great story. (although, did you have to leave us hanging there? Cause I have a feeling there's some hot gay lovin' coming soon... :kdevil )

:kitty

PostPosted: Sat Jun 26, 2010 3:28 am 
19. Yummy Face

Yay for excellent update-y goodness... Extra big yay for you being back! I really like how comfortable they are together... I think Tara has to tell Willow about her past before they take their relationship further... I kinda hope that Tara telling Willow about her past leads to naked-snugglies...

Posting While Nude Improves Your Mood.

PostPosted: Sat Jun 26, 2010 12:37 pm 
8. Vixen

Topics: 2
YAY for updates. I have missed this story tremendously. I love your use of description of the area. It makes the scenery alive for those of us who are very far from your part of the world. Looking forward to seeing Buffy win the bet.

PostPosted: Sat Jun 26, 2010 2:52 pm 
Ms. Moderator Fantastico
Ms. Moderator Fantastico

Thank Heaven for an update I love this story and cant wait for more. It was a perfect hike and end of the day that money is good as gone I hope!!!! :pinky

PostPosted: Sat Jun 26, 2010 7:00 pm 
3. Flaming O

Did I mention that I love this story? I don't know if I should be more excited about the possibility of sexy Willow/Tara smoochies or their possible date at Imerst...hmmm...YAY!

PostPosted: Sun Jun 27, 2010 2:10 am 
6. Sassy Eggs

yay..update :pinky :pinky :pinky
worth the wait..but still..can't wait what next..well I'm impatient one anyway :blush
more please :pray

"I'm not apologizing for what I did, I'm apologizing for what I didn't do" ~ Violet, Bound

PostPosted: Sun Jun 27, 2010 6:01 pm 
32. Kisses and Gay Love

Topics: 7
Oh... I thought it was going to be another of your famous sex against a tree scenes (VR I, R&R (was that the name) - any I'm missing). I love the way you made the scene so incredibly sexy and a turn on (and that's saying something for me because I'm really really uh... how do I say this? I don't like dirty sex. like literally dirty. Like showers are all the good for me). Anyway, but it always seemed sweet and awesome that they ended up not fucking on the date. Of course, I can only assume and hope that the next update will be some awesome fucking...

And ... pasta or soup and Tara's been out of town for days? How about take-out? Just my thoughts.

PostPosted: Thu Jul 01, 2010 3:25 am 
4. Extra Flamey

Well hello there Anna!!

Yay that you're back. I've missed your writing, darling. And you certainly delivered the goods! :)
Okay, so things I loved in this:
First, Buffy. I mean, her interaction with Will and Xander is awsome, but even besides that, how she manages herself.. I think I love it because she reminds me of me :blush I mean, “Hello fellow homos" sounds like it came out of my mouth. Seriously. lol.

Second, I love how Willow remained Willow in this, even though she's changed in certain ways. How she had no seconds thoughts about getting stark naked and sexing up Tara against the tree. That, in a way, is just who she is, and I think that if she couldn't stay like that, be like that with Tara, she would have been very miserable, after a while.
I have a lot more things I loved about this.. (woohoo hotness, for one) but I'm kinda blacking out for anything else, so I'm gonna leave you with this, for now. But I'm so glad you updated, and I really hope the next one won't be long. :)

hugs and lovely weekend. :)

Melissa

PostPosted: Thu Jul 01, 2010 9:05 am 
2. Floating Rose

Awesome update!! I'm not one much for the trail hiking but all for the sexy-time that occured and may occur in the near future.... Hopefully near... Update soon??? And I do hope u let buffy win this bet and will u have more buffy/faith scenes to come??

PostPosted: Fri Jul 16, 2010 4:51 pm 
14. Lesbo Street Cred

edob: Thanks very much, it’s good to be back.

Mrs Pineapple: Glad you enjoyed the chapter. The reversal of their roles is important, it’s a case of Willow allowing herself to be vulnerable. Tara can see this, Willow’s sincerity. As opposed to the first time they met when it was all about Willow.
And sorry for leaving you hanging there but I promise the next chapter won’t disappoint!

Zampsa: It is important for Tara to now tell Willow about what happened with Audrey but I think they are at a point where they’re both ready for those naked snugglies! Tara’s confession will come soon too.

taranwillow4ever:Glad you’re enjoying the setting, it makes things so much easier to write when you’re intimately familiar with where the story is set.

Willowtree252: Yep, I think Xander will be handing over his 20 bucks to Buffy!

Sanpfa: thanks for loving this story, I love writing it! Sexy date at Imerst will be coming up soon but first we have sexy times in Tara’s apartment...

arsyadriana: I’m glad the update was worth the wait, you’ve definitely not going to have to wait as long for the next one.

Deb: Haha, we at least got a hint of sex up against a tree, dirty sex works well in a gothic fantasy setting like VR but not so much in Moth where it’s all about realism. That shower is coming up soon...
And how about skipping the food altogether and moving straight onto sex? But you’re right, take-out is good...except Kiwis don’t call it take-out, we call it take-aways.

Melissa: I enjoyed writing the Buffy/Xander interaction. They definitely remind me of my friends too. In fact, I use my flatmate as a model for gay Xander quite often.
Willow is definitely still Willow and you’ll see more of that in the next chapter too. The next update is coming along nicely and I’ll hope you’ll enjoy it too.

cantiemedown: Trail hiking is good when its sexy trail hiking with naughtiness! An update will be coming very soon and I think I can say Buffy will win the bet without giving too much away. I promise there will be more Buffy/Faith scenes to come too.

PostPosted: Fri Jul 16, 2010 7:20 pm 
7. Teeny Tinkerbell Light

I just read this whole fic in one sitting. It is brilliantly heartbreaking with the angst! The scenes of passion, of rejection and fear, of triumphant and terrified love, are all rendered so endearingly. Your work with Willow is particularly brilliant. She has been a difficult character, but I always found I could empathize with her somehow. I'm a little worried that they've gotten so close but Tara still hasn't confessed about what happened with her last lover. I hope that they don't end up breaking up, I don't think I can take it!! Oh, and I have to say, I LOVE Faith and Buffy pairings more than I ever thought I possibly could. The only other one I've read is part of the Willow's Child series up on FanFiction.net, and yours has the potential to be just as engaging.

Please update soon!!!

PostPosted: Fri Jul 16, 2010 9:15 pm 
3. Flaming O

This is a fantastic warm up for whatever happens once they're inside Tara's apartment!! "Shut up and come inside"...Awesome ;-) I love reading your stories and look for and forward to your updates all the time.

Shiraz

PostPosted: Sun Jul 18, 2010 1:03 pm 
14. Lesbo Street Cred

LonelyTara: Congratulations on reading the whole thing in one sitting, that’s a little over 80,000 words! I’m terribly glad you enjoyed it. It is angsty, I make no apologies for that but I do work hard to bring stories to a happy conclusion…eventually. Willow was a difficult character to write in this fic but I always had fun writing her, even when she was being a complete bitch.
I’m not normally a Faith/Buffy girl but everyone was so disappointed that Faith was straight, so I decided to make her bendy instead – and let Buffy have a happy storyline (I normally kill her off . Update follows!

shiraz: Glad you enjoyed the ‘warm-up.’ Thanks very much for reading it and I hope you enjoy the next chapter.

[center]~Chapter 20~
and on my lips impressed a lingering kiss
[/center]

Willow couldn’t help but feel a slight thrill as she stepped across the threshold into Tara’s apartment. In her mind, ‘Tara’s apartment’ had nothing to do with a physical set of rooms. Instead, it signified an unobtainable goal – Tara herself.

As Willow entered, she discreetly took in her first impressions of Tara’s home. Unlike her own spacious Oriental Bay apartment, it was a little small and pokey. The front door led straight into the main living area with the kitchen tucked into one corner. The interior wasn’t at all stylish – ‘House and Garden’ magazine would say that the colour scheme was out of date. The furniture was an eclectic mix-mash of pieces, some new and some not so new.

Despite this – or because of it - Willow immediately felt a comfortable vibe. The floors were a handsome polished wood, scattered with brightly coloured rugs. As Willow would have expected, one wall was entirely devoted to shelving - full to the brim with all manner of reading material. Instead of the high-priced artworks that decorated the walls of her apartment, there were framed posters. Willow studied one that looked familiar and realised that it was an enlargement one of Tara’s book covers.

When she heard Tara close the door behind her, she forced herself to stop gawking. It wasn’t difficult to turn at stare at the blonde instead.

“Your place is really cool,” Willow commented sincerely. She was being entirely honest. Tara’s place was warm, inviting and - most importantly – it had Tara in it.

“That’s awfully nice of you to say so, Willow,” Tara said as she smiled wryly as she bent over to undo the laces on her boots. “However compared to your place, it’s a dive.”

“My place is a sterile box with a nice view – your place is you,” Willow replied with a shrug.

She found herself fascinated by the simplest of movements Tara made – stripping her dirty boots off at the door, placing her bag down on the dining table. It was then that Willow glanced down at her own feet and realised she had tramped right into Tara’s apartment in her muddy boots. She winced apologetically and tiptoed back to the door to strip them off.

A few moments later, in her bare feet, she found herself standing in front of Tara. She had a million thoughts running through her mind as to her next move, but she couldn’t decide on one of them.

“So,” she spoke for the sake of filling the silence that had descended on them.

“So,” Tara repeated, suddenly feeling quite shy now that she had Willow in private.

She glanced down at herself and immediately noticed her dishevelled clothing and the smudges of dirt on her lower legs. Standing opposite her, Willow was no better off. There was even a small graze on her knee.

“You hurt yourself,” Tara indicated Willow’s knee with a small nod of her head. At no point during the day had she seen Willow fall and she felt a little guilty. It probably meant that she had been staring at Willow’s face, tits and arse as opposed to her rather skinny little knee.

Willow glanced down and took a look at the rather ugly blemish on her otherwise perfect knee. She remembered tripping and falling. At some point during the walk she had been far too busy staring at the way Tara’s shorts clung to her arse and she’d tripped over a root. Obviously she’d been so delirious with lust at the time, that she hadn’t noticed the resulting graze. She made a dismissive shrug. It really was only a little scrape – although now that Tara had pointed it out, she could feel it smarting slightly. Also, the dried blood mixed with dirt was rather unsightly.

“I’m sure I’ve got something to clean it up with,” Tara said as she moved past Willow and towards her bathroom.

“Seriously, it’s nothing,” Willow protested. Tara’s arm lightly brushed hers as she moved by and she felt an electric tingle throughout her entire body.

Tara emerged from the bathroom a moment later armed with band-aids, cotton wool and a small bottle of Dettol that looked as though it had been in the cupboard for at least a decade. Business-like, she prodded Willow towards the kitchen table and made her sit down.

“I don’t get many grazes – not owing a skateboard or anything else that could propel me towards the ground at speed,” Tara apologised as she opened the ancient bottle. “But I don’t think Dettol has an expiry date.”

With Willow swivelled in the chair to face her, her wounded leg sticking out, Tara knelt on the floor. She glanced up and saw Willow looking down at her with exactly the same expression she imagined was on her face. It was an odd combination of anticipation, exhaustion and nerves. Concentrating on the task at hand instead of what might happen later, Tara gently up-ended a small amount onto the cotton wool and, without any warning, pressed it against Willow’s graze.

Willow winced and hissed through her teeth as the antiseptic stung. “Well, it’s lost none of its potency!”

“Sorry about that,” Tara winced in sympathy. “I always thought it was best to do it quickly.”

“At least I’ve got something distracting to look at while you torture me,” Willow said as she watched Tara gently clean her knee.

When Tara glanced back up, she found Willow still looking down at her with the same expression on her face – although there was now a cheeky grin playing across her lips. It was infectious and she responded with a quick one of her own - just a slight tug at the corners of her lips. She intended to finish the task at hand, however found herself unable to draw her eyes away from Willow’s. The grin disappeared from the redhead’s face, replaced by an earnest, hopeful expression that told Tara exactly what she needed to do. The bottle of Dettol and cotton wool fell from her hands as she stood abruptly. The remainder of the antiseptic spilled out onto the floorboards at her feet but she didn’t care as she grabbed Willow by the front of her t-shirt and encouraged her to her feet with a rude tug.

Willow didn’t mind in the slightest at Tara’s sudden shift from nurse to seductress. She responded to her kiss immediately, with just as much hunger of her own. They quickly matched the same intensity that they had felt earlier that day in Eastbourne. With no possibility of being interrupted, Willow and Tara found themselves able to express the full extent of their need for one another.

In the midst of the kiss, their hands went to each other’s t-shirts at exactly the same moment. Their arms became entangled as they continued kissing while trying to remove clothing. Giggles and snorts of laughter punctuated the kiss as Willow became stuck with one arm sandwiched awkwardly and the other still trying to reach out and lift Tara’s shirt over her head. Eventually, with some reluctance, they broke apart long enough to strip the offending garments off. Each tackled their own shirt for the sake of expediency. Moments later, they found each other’s lips again. As the intensity of the kiss shifted from an intense duel to a more passionate dance, their hands roamed over bare skin.

Willow traced a path down between Tara’s breasts using just the lightest touch of the pads of her fingers. She continued down over Tara’s stomach in a snaking movement. Eventually her fingers came to rest on the waist of Tara’s shorts. When Tara ground her hips forward against her thigh, Willow deftly undid the button and zip. With a quick tug downwards, the shorts fell to pool at Tara’s feet. Willow cupped Tara’s arse cheeks in her hands and drew her in closer.

Willow gently broke the kiss. She lowered her head to nuzzle at Tara’s neck for a moment before whispering in her ear, “Please tell me if you need slow? This can go wherever you want it to go.”

“Yes…and no. God…Will, everyone and everything is telling me to go slow - everything except…” Tara’s voice trailed off as Willow continued to trail kisses up her neck.

Continuing to kiss Tara’s soft skin, Willow smoothly slid one hand beneath the elastic of Tara’s underwear. Her fingers roamed over her wiry curls to pry open the folds of her sex. In a second she slid two fingers past the moist outer folds and up into her cunt. It was already wet. Tara let out a harsh grunt and thrust her hips forward insistently.

“Everything except this,” Willow leaned in closer to Tara’s ear and ground her hand forward to tease her further with just a hint of friction. “And this is all that matters.”

As Willow buried her fingers deep inside her, Tara felt her legs grow weak beneath her to the point where she feared they could no longer support her weight. She heard a drawn out moan emerge from her throat – a sound she had no control over. The guttural cries came from somewhere deep within herself – almost as though a primal, pent-up longing was finally being released.

Months of longing to be with Willow had finally come to an end. Now Willow well and truly had her at her mercy. Her resistance crumbled a little more each time Willow drove her finger upwards.

As she shifted her foot slightly to find a better position, her sock slipped in the spilt Dettol. She sagged suddenly and Willow lost her rhythm. Gently, she withdrew her finger.

“Are you alright?” Willow asked as supported the blonde in her arms and helped her stand up straight once again. “Sorry…I take that as a definite sign to slow things down a little.”

“It was my fault,” Tara looked down at the pool of antiseptic that had almost been her undoing. “I shouldn’t have been so careless.”

“You have paper towels? I can clean it up in a jiffy,” Willow offered helpfully.

Tara smirked at Willow’s words. “What would you rather do – clean up spilt Dettol or accompany your hot girlfriend into a hot shower?”

“Oooh, the second one!” Willow replied quickly. She pressed her lips against Tara’s for a long moment before drawing back to nuzzle her nose. “And yes, you are hot.”

“Hot for you,” was Tara’s playful retort. She disentangled herself from Willow’s arms and took her by the hand to lead her to the bathroom.

Tara’s bathroom was proportioned to fit the rest of her apartment – it was decidedly small. When she shut the door behind Willow, she practically had to stand in the redhead’s arms. Not that she minded. They entwined once again for another slow kiss. This time, their disrobing was done at a more sedate pace – one that didn’t involve flailing, uncoordinated limbs. Willow once again had the opportunity to get up, close and personal with Tara’s breasts – this time without having to hold her bra out of the way. Tara had to pry her away from touching them long enough to drag her into the shower cubicle and beneath the stream of hot water.

The steaming, almost searing jet of water was enough to distract Willow momentarily. She closed her eyes and tilted her face upwards, letting it flow over her face to wash away the saltiness of dried sweat. She then felt the softness of Tara’s hands massaging a fragrant body wash over her limbs.

Although the shower was undeniably pleasant and Tara’s hands moved in a sensual manner, Willow also felt that she was in a hurry. It wasn’t difficult to guess the motivation behind Tara’s haste. She felt it too – the need to get Tara into a bed for the first time since that fateful meeting. Willow wanted to throw Tara down on her back, and be thrown herself in return. To feel the power that came from being atop someone, and the thrill of submitting to someone else atop her – their weight pressing down.

“I’m clean. You clean?” Willow asked breathlessly, moments after Tara’s hands had thoroughly cleaned between her legs. She wanted that contact back and it was driving her crazy.

“Clean,” Tara responded just as promptly.

With the water shut off and no reason to linger, Willow and Tara shared the single towel on the rack. The mutual drying lasted mere seconds before it turned into stroking and pawing. Forgotten, the towel fell to the floor.

Drops of water still clung to both their bodies, but neither cared enough to waste the time it took to dry more thoroughly. Entwined together, kissing furiously, Tara led the way to her bedroom. In the tiny part of her mind that was still thinking coherently, Tara strove to remember whether she had made her bed that morning. Her question was answered when the pair of them tumbled onto her perfectly turned out bed. Her cheeks coloured when she remembered that she had gone to extra effort for this very eventuality. She wasn’t normally one to make assumptions, but with Willow everything now felt so right.

Tara let out a yelp of surprise when Willow firmly forced her onto her back. She found her arms pinned above her head and a thigh wedged between her own. The yelp quickly became a growl of need as Willow ground her thigh against her sex. In turn, she felt Willow’s wiry curls against her skin. Above her, the redhead grinned mischievously. Tara found herself without the strength or the desire to try and reverse their positions. She allowed Willow’s body weight to press her down into the bed. As they kissed, she let her head relax against the pillows behind her.

“Too fast for you?” Willow asked in a whisper as her fingers found one of Tara’s breasts. Her hips continued to grind forward against Tara as she sensed how desperately the blonde needed the friction.

Tara stared up into Willow’s eyes. That same mischief was still there – twinkling. However there was a softness that had been missing from their first time together. She reached up and laid a gentle hand on Willow’s cheek, caressing the soft skin with a gentle touch. “Too slow,” she replied in a mischievous voice of her own. “We’ve all night to do slow, right now I need you inside me.”

“I think I can oblige,” Willow replied. She ducked her head and tasted Tara’s mouth hungrily, seeking out the delicious depths. She sucked deeply on Tara’s tongue, stroking it with her own. Beneath her, she felt the blonde shiver with delight.

Willow drew back slowly, Tara protested at losing the taste of Willow’s lips with a slight whimper. She smirked in response and slowly drew her hands away from Tara’s. Willow sat up and swung her leg over Tara so she was straddling her hips. She then gazed down at Tara lying beneath her, hands above her head, beautiful breasts standing proud in the fading light of early evening.

Her breath caught in her throat as she tentatively caressed Tara’s face with feathery strokes. She brushed her fingers over Tara’s pale forehead, down over her nose and up across her cheekbones. As she traced her jaw line she lowered herself for another kiss. Tara met her lips desperately for a few moments – their tongues danced and duelled fiercely before Willow drew back. She resumed tracing her fingers over Tara’s skin, leaving her face to move her shoulders to her upper arms and back up again. The pads of her fingers traced over the sharpness of her collarbone and the pale skin between her breasts before finally taking a handful of breast with each hand. She massaged them - gently at first but continuing to increase in tempo and pressure until Tara’s nipples were swollen and red. It was then that Willow lent forward and brought her mouth down on top of the right breast first. Willow began working it over in her mouth, taking as much as she could in and sucking fiercely. Beneath her, Tara gasped. Willow continued to tease Tara’s nipple with her tongue, rolling it around gently before biting on it. She was encouraged by the sounds issuing from Tara’s throat.

Willow shifted slightly and performed the same service for the other breast. It was nothing short of heavenly, feeling the softness of Tara’s flesh in her mouth. Her hand continued to work on the other mercilessly.

Slowly, as she sensed Tara’s growing impatience, she ceased her ministrations of her breasts to lay a trail of kisses down over her belly to her navel. Her tongue left a trail of moisture everywhere she went. As her mouth worked, she scooted backwards and wedged her thighs between Tara’s, levering them apart so she could lie between them as she continued to move downwards.

With Tara’s legs spread wide in front of her face, Willow could smell the sweet aroma of her desire. Slowly, Willow kissed the honey coloured curls on the top of Tara’s mound. The blonde jumped slightly beneath her touch. She moved downwards, lowered her head until she was between Tara’s thighs. So very close to her intended destination and yet she continued to tease Tara by holding back slightly. Willow was just as impatient as her girlfriend. She had to force herself to move slowly - taking the time to kiss the insides of Tara’s thighs and run her tongue over them slowly. Finally she brought both hands up to Tara’s sex and spread her lips back tenderly.

“Oh god,” Willow whispered in anticipation. She had never wanted a woman so much in her life. The moment was not only the fulfilment of her greatest desire, it was full of promise of more such moments to come.

“Willow…please…” Tara’s eyes were closed, her mouth parted in longing. Willow had teased her for too long and she was crying out for release.

Willow obliged by dipping her head into the wonderful warmth. She just breathed in Tara’s scent for a few moments before finally caressing her sex in one long, languid stroke of her tongue. Beneath her, she felt Tara’s entire body jolt as though hit with an electric shock. Tara’s head thrashed back against the pillow and she cried out. Willow made each stroke an exploration - a new and unique experience in itself.

She had been avoiding concentrating singly on Tara’s clit at first, content to explore everywhere else around it. Tara’s hips moved beneath her insistently. Willow finally gave in and focused her attention on Tara’s hard, erect nub. She began teasing it with her tongue, rolling it between her lips, nipping ever so gently with her teeth. Willow never wanted it to end and at the same time she wanted to bring Tara to the release she craved.

As her tongue worked Tara’s clit over, she moved one of her hands to tease Tara’s moist opening. She suddenly thrust two fingers upwards. Tara cried out and bucked her hips forward to meet Willow’s fingers as she forced them in as far as they would go. Fingers and tongue both worked frantically as Tara bucked beneath her. The cries coming from her throat became increasingly raw and urgent. Her hands had left their spot above her head and were now tangled in Willow’s hair, forcing her head down harder.

“Oh god, Willow!” she cried out – finally managing to form coherent words instead of sounds. She kept pumping her hips forward instinctively, over and over. “Willow, Willow…Willow!”

Suddenly she came. Tara was crying out her name for the last time in one long, drawn out moan as her back arched from the bed. The walls of her passage spasmed around Willow’s fingers as she stroked a few more times before concentrating solely on licking up every last drop of moisture spilling from her lover.

After what seemed like forever, Tara finally came back to earth. Her body relaxed and she became aware of her surroundings once again - the softness of the bed beneath her and Willow’s weight between her legs. Her fingers were still resting inside her. A few moments later, she felt Willow withdraw them gently so she could crawl up her body to lie atop her once again.

Willow laid her arm across Tara’s chest and propped her chin up on it. Tara stared back at her. She brought trembling fingers up to trace Willow’s swollen, moist lips. Eventually, she took hold of Willow’s chin and drew her downwards to taste herself on those lips. She kissed the redhead lazily – as though they had all the time in the world.

As her heart rate settled into something resembling a steady pace, Tara deepened the kiss. She signalled her nefarious intentions by wriggling partially out from beneath Willow’s body – enough to be able to throw her leg over her lover’s.

Willow didn’t resist as Tara swiftly rolled her over, switching their positions. She ran her hands up the blonde’s spine. Her skin was slightly damp with sweat. Her hands continued to rove downwards until she could cup Tara’s arse cheeks in her hands. She squeezed the delicious flesh and kept Tara firmly against her for a moment. When she released her, Tara was free to roam her body with her lips – starting with a trail of kisses down her neck. Her fingers found Tara’s hair and she let its silky strands slide through them.

Tara continued kissing her. She explored her breasts and stomach with strokes of her tongue. Everywhere she left a trail of fire in her wake, as well as glistening saliva. Willow’s head pressed back into the pillow and her hands clutched at the bed sheets beneath her. She balled the fabric up in her tightly clenched fists as her breath came hard and fast with anticipation.

Then Tara moved her legs apart, spreading them with a gentle touch on the inside of her thighs. Willow clenched her teeth as Tara’s breath fell fast and heavy on her exposed sex. It was so close to what she needed. A small moan escaped her lips as she tried to remain patient and wait for Tara to make the move. It was a futile endeavour - a second later she reached out to press Tara’s head between her legs.

With trembling hands, Tara spread Willow’s folds open. A low moan from Willow followed her touch. She flicked her tongue over Willow’s warm sex, nervous at first but growing bolder with each taste. Willow moaned again - this time even louder.

Willow lifted her head slightly from the pillow and gazed at the blonde hair fanned out over her stomach. She watched Tara’s head bob rhythmically as she explored her soaking wet sex. Her movements still felt tentative and hesitant, her tongue darting everywhere at once as though she was not sure just where to put it but still drove Willow crazy. With gentle hands she guided Tara’s head, she cried out when the blonde began teasing the hard nub at her core.

It was then that she let her head sink back into pillow and eyes closed. She kept her hands lightly on Tara’s head but only to feel an additional point of contact with her lover. Willow became detached from the rest of the physical world and lost herself in a place where just she and Tara existed. The only sounds she could hear were her own cries as Tara’s tongue drove her to a deliciously sweet climax.

As she slowly came down from the throes of passion, Willow felt Tara’s weight shift. The blonde crawled up her body until she lay along Willow’s length. Their breasts were pressed together and Tara’s leg nestled between Willow’s sweaty, damp thighs.

Willow grinned and rubbed her cheek against Tara’s. “Mmmmm,” was the only sound she could manage for the moment.

Tara claimed another kiss and brushed a few sweaty strands of hair out of Willow’s face. “How do you feel?” she asked tentatively.

“Like I could fuck you all night,” Willow whispered throatily in Tara’s ear.

Tara lifted her eyebrows slightly in pleasant surprise. “Is that an offer?”

“Yes – and a challenge,” was the cheeky response. “Can you keep up with me?”

The expression in Tara’s eyes said everything - she was determined to spend the rest of the night proving that she could.

~~~~~~

In the morning Willow woke up from the best dream she had ever had – that was until she rolled over to find Tara staring at her and realised that it was no dream. For almost a minute, she just lay staring into the gorgeous blue of Tara’s eyes. It was like staring out the window of her apartment at Wellington Harbour on a sunny day...only even better. Eventually she grinned – a grin that broadened as she remembered the night before in vivid detail.

Tara looked anxious, as though she thought Willow might be teasing her about something. “Do I have bed-hair or drool on my chin?”

Willow shook her head for a moment, then changed her mind and nodded. “You do have bed-hair, but I think it can’t be any worse than mine...but that’s not what I was smiling at.”

“What then?” The anxiety disappeared from Tara’s face, replaced by a look of utter contentment.

“You, Ms Maclay, are a nympho,” Willow announced happily.

“Hello, pot calling kettle!” was Tara’s playful retort. She reached out and began to tickle Willow’s ribs mercilessly.

The redhead squirmed for a moment, but then decided that her best course of action was to roll atop Tara and pin her arms above her head – much as she had done the previous night. As retaliation for the tickle-attack, she lowered her lips to Tara’s neck and set about making the most ridiculously huge hickey she could manage.

Tara quickly realised what Willow was doing and yelped in protest. “Will!”

She wriggled one wrist free and began tickling again. Willow couldn’t resist and in moments she was curled up in a tiny ball. It was only after she promised to behave herself that Tara stopped.

Willow sat up and eyed Tara warily lest she try anything funny.

Tara laughed – it was surprising just how easily she laughed around the redhead. It seemed like yesterday that she couldn’t manage to be in the same room as Willow without breaking out into a cold sweat and some sort of disaster happening. “What now? You hungry?”

“Well, we could always have bacon and eggs in bed?” Willow suggested as she grinned mischievously. She scooted back across the bed to Tara and leaned in to nibble on one of her nipples. She pulled back just as she heard Tara’s breathing grow slightly hoarse. “With a side of breasts.”

“These-” Tara began sternly as she cupped her breasts “-aren’t a side dish.”

Willow matched Tara’s serious expression with one of her own. “You’re right, they’re definitely the main course.”

Before either of them could stop themselves, they were entwined once again – limbs and lips. Their bodies fell back down amongst the sheets. Willow wrapped her fingers around Tara’s breast and teased the already engorged nipple firmly. After a few moments, she turned her attention to the second and Tara shifted slightly so she could access it.

Tara’s own fingers were searching between Willow’s legs. It didn’t take long. She had become intimately familiar with the warmth between her legs during the night. Her hand wandered over Willow’s pubic hair and slipped into her slit. There she matched what Willow was doing to her breasts – only with Willow’s clit instead. The redhead bucked slightly and thrust her hips.

Their kiss deepened for a second before Willow had to break off for a deep gasp of air. “Fuck, Tara!”

Tara ran her lips over Willow’s neck and up over her cheek, she licked her salty skin. “I want you wet for me,” she whispered in her ear.

She stroked with an ever increasing tempo. Eventually Willow’s hands fell from her breasts and clutched at her back. Her eyes closed. Tara ignored the slight pain when her nails dug into her flesh.

“Oh fuck...mmmmrrrpfff!” Willow’s let out an unintelligible cry. She was only a minute away from coming when Tara ceased her stroking. Her hand remained cupping her hot sex.

Willow could hear her breathing coming in ragged gasps. Her hips continued to pump slightly as she created her own friction. She opened her eyes and saw Tara staring at her. Her lips were trembling slightly. Her own need scared her. She felt vulnerable when she realised just how much power Tara had over her.

“Will?” Tara said gently, she pressed a kiss to Willow’s lips.

“Yeah?” Willow swallowed.

“Can I have your hand?”

Willow held out her hand. Tara took it with her free hand. With a saucy glint in her eyes, she popped Willow’s index finger into her mouth and sucked on it for a few seconds. When she drew it out, she guided it downwards, between her own legs. Willow didn’t need any further guidance as she sought out Tara’s cunt. With a gentle thrust, she drove it upwards. Tara was hot and already wet.

“I’m wet for you, Willow,” Tara whispered in Willow’s ear as she resumed her movements. Eventually, she slipped her finger up inside Willow and was rewarded with a sudden gasp. Willow was now just as wet.

“You are a nympho,” Willow hissed through her teeth. She slowly began to move finger in slow jerks, loving the feeling of closeness that their lovemaking brought.

“Shut up and fuck me,” Tara replied.

“And demanding too!” Willow gasped as Tara drove her finger upwards with the weight of her body behind her.

Tara laughed and then silenced the redhead before she could comment further. She kissed her deeply and passionately as she moved faster and faster.

Together, they matched their strokes, a rhythm that felt so right. At some point, they ceased kissing. Tara was whimpering softly while Willow was more vocal, her cries were a beautiful sound filling Tara’s ears, becoming more and more urgent as they rocked together.

Tara came slightly earlier than Willow. As her cries became uncontrollable, she had to force herself to keep pumping her finger despite the fact that she just wanted to give herself over completely to her climax. It only took seconds and she felt the warmth of Willow’s cunt suddenly spasm in her hand, accompanied by a sudden hiss of air through Willow’s clenched teeth. To silence her own cries before she could bring the neighbours knocking, Tara pressed her lips to Willow’s desperately. Eventually they fell still and silent, hands still resting between damp thighs.

In the post-coital silence, Willow’s stomach let out an angry protest. It reminded her that she actually hadn’t eaten anything substantial since brunch the day before. Although loaded with carbs, trail snacks didn’t exactly make a decent meal. A second, even more insistent rumble immediately followed the first.

“Breakfast then?” Tara asked, teasing Willow by tickling her naked belly.

“I think so,” Willow decided reluctantly. Although she was hungry, she found it hard to imagine peeling herself away from Tara’s deliciously warm body. To make things even harder for herself, she lowered her head and nuzzled even further into the delicious flesh. She closed her eyes and lost herself to the pleasant aroma of sex that clung to Tara’s skin. A few seconds later, her stomach protested again. It was followed by a matching one from Tara.

Tara sighed – as much as she wanted to stay exactly where she was, they both needed to eat. She solved Willow’s dilemma by making the decisive move. She gently extracted herself from the firm grip of the redhead and made a quick exit from the bed – as though she too found it difficult to get up.

Willow watched Tara climb out of bed, stretching her limbs as she did. She let out a sigh of disappointment when Tara pulled on a short robe to cover her body.

At the rather adorable sound, Tara looked back over her shoulder with apologetic smirk. “Sorry Willow, I wanted to open the curtains and let the sun in – while I enjoy having you ogle me, I don’t feel the same way about people in neighbouring buildings.”

“Point taken,” Willow replied with pride in her voice. As gorgeous as her girlfriend was, she didn’t want anyone else admiring her naked curves.

With a slight yawn, Willow dragged herself into a sitting position. When Tara left the bedroom, with a last grin over her shoulder, she rolled off the bed. Her clothes were still in a pile on the bathroom floor. After a quick search, she dragged her cell phone out of the pocket of her shorts.

She returned to the bed and snuggled beneath the covers as she punched up her contacts and dialled the one she wanted.

After only a few rings, someone answered in a decidedly grumpy voice. “You’re five minutes late, Will.”

“I have to apologise for two things, Xan,” Willow said apologetically. “I’m skipping my session…and you lost your twenty bucks.”

Post subject: Re: The Moth and the Star (Updated 19 July)
PostPosted: Sun Jul 18, 2010 1:54 pm 
19. Yummy Face

Yay foe great update-y goodness... Yay for nympho-Tara & very naked snugglies :pinky ... Tara really needs very soon tell Willow about Audrey...

Posting While Nude Improves Your Mood.

PostPosted: Sun Jul 18, 2010 2:16 pm 
3. Flaming O

That was without a doubt the best update I've ever read. It was dif worth the wait. And WOW with the hotness of the smut lol :blush :thud . Cant wait for the next installment. :pray :pray

PostPosted: Sun Jul 18, 2010 5:11 pm 
7. Teeny Tinkerbell Light

WO-OO-OT! Great update, really, really great (fans self with hands). Wooh. I agree, Tara really needs to talk to Willow, but preferably not until after they've had their next...well...you know.

:wtkiss :blush :pride :wtkiss

Update soon!

PostPosted: Mon Jul 19, 2010 7:55 am 
6. Sassy Eggs

great..now..uhmm.. :thud :thud
nymph-Tara..sooo looking forward for her next appearance
great update.. :pinky

"I'm not apologizing for what I did, I'm apologizing for what I didn't do" ~ Violet, Bound

PostPosted: Mon Jul 19, 2010 4:18 pm 
Ms. Moderator Fantastico
Ms. Moderator Fantastico

I can see the big change in Willow no longer the wolf. Willing now to give herself to another. The games are gone not looking for a toy. Willow wants real and a future she knows she has found it all in Tara.
:pinky

PostPosted: Tue Jul 20, 2010 5:20 pm 
32. Kisses and Gay Love

Topics: 7
Alcy - Well, I'm so so so happy. Not so much because they had wonderful, hot, fucking-like, sex... although that was great. Because they took a shower first (mostly). You can't imagine how my hygiene obsessed self was cringing at the thought of them getting on after the crazy hike without bathing. I know, I'm sort of... let's leave that hanging, shall we?

It was really wonderful and even with all the talk of fucking, seemed like a huge step for both of them in terms of commitment and meaning.

I must admit that it also left me curious about how Buffy's weekend is going (wink, wink).

PostPosted: Thu Jul 22, 2010 1:43 pm 
6. Sassy Eggs

Ha ha ha. Xander lost his bucks, priceless.
Good one. :party

PostPosted: Fri Jul 23, 2010 3:46 am 
3. Flaming O

you are an amazing storyteller... the depth you have created for them is wonderful... i have found myself upset with first willow and then tara ... now that they have found each other their union is all the more sweet... i truly wish that there will be much more to the story.... Thank you for your lovely imagination.

Scarlet Black

PostPosted: Mon Jul 26, 2010 2:57 pm 
3. Flaming O

Great past 2 updates, they finally got together. Sure took them long enough. Now all we need is for Buffy and Faith to get together too and then all is well :)

R.

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 349 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 7, 8, 9, 10, 11, 12  Next