The Kitten, the Witches and the Bad Wardrobe - Willow & Tara Forever

General Chat  || Kitten  || WaV  || Pens  || Mi2  || GMP  || TiE  || FAQ  || Feed - The Kitten, the Witches and the Bad Wardrobe

All times are UTC - 8 hours [ DST ]

Post subject: Affection
PostPosted: Tue Aug 14, 2007 8:05 am 
2. Floating Rose

• Title: AFFECTION
• Author: Fin
• Email Address: barney.bear@yahoo.com.au
• Rating: M (for mature and mushy content!)
• Disclaimer: Mutant Enemy and Joss Whedon own Buffy. I am just borrowing the characters for this tale.
• Distribution: Just email me first.
• Spoilers: Season 4 – Sequel to ‘Attraction' (Recommend reading this tale first) The story is slightly AU. It takes place three months after ‘Attraction’.
Tara and Willow have declared their growing feelings for each other and are now girlfriends. Willow has still not come out to Buffy and Xander.
Anya is still being as helpful as ever…
• Pairing: W/T of course!
• Summary: This is a one part story. The epilogue to this tale is 'Admiration'.
• Notes: Tara has already met Buffy, Xander and Anya.

------------------------

Sitting at her desk in the privacy of her dorm room, Willow tried to study, however her thoughts were on Tara.

Willow could not believe how lucky she was to have met Tara and how happy and complete she felt.

She glanced at the puppy dog calendar hanging above her makeshift shelves and smiled. Each day on the calendar she had marked - with a different colored pen - the days she had officially been Tara’s girlfriend.
Willow picked up a purple pen and carefully marked a cross on today’s date.

Leaning away from the calendar she smiled at her handiwork.

She had drawn a little love heart below the date.

Her mind began to wander; she smiled as a memory surfaced.
She did not hear the phone ringing…

------------------------

Two weeks ago Willow and Tara were eating a late lunch…

“I think we should sit outside today. The sun is shining, the birds are singing and besides,” said Willow as she waited in line at the cafeteria, leaning close to Tara, “that guy in the corner keeps checking you out. I think taking you away from his line of vision is definitely required. I mean why be cruel and dangle the carrot in front of the hungry bunny, better to remove the temptation completely.”

Tara gazed at Willow with a lopsided smile and replied, “T-tha’s a really b-bad analogy sweetie, but I appreciate the sentiment.”

“It was the carrot part wasn’t it, or was it the bunny bit. Maybe I’ve spent too much time with Anya.”

“Umm, a l-little of both, but its c-cute you think people notice me,” answered Tara lowering her eyes.

Every time Willow gave Tara a compliment or made a comment regarding her desirability, she always turned away - as though Willow could not possibly mean those words.

“Tara,” said Willow as she gently took hold of Tara’s hands, “I think you’re beautiful.”

Underneath her veil of hair, Tara blushed.

“And if you could only see the glances you receive, the looks people give you from time to time, maybe then you’d believe me,” said Willow.

Tara slowly raised her head and looked at Willow intently before speaking in a whisper, “H-how do you always do that?”

“Do what?” asked Willow smiling at Tara.

“M-make me feel s-special.”

Willow leaned in close and said one word, “Magic.”

Tara swallowed the lump in her throat. She loved how Willow made her feel so wonderful inside - a daily occurrence that Tara never tired of.
Unable to form words, Tara squeezed Willow’s hand and gently led her out of the cafeteria into the warm afternoon sun.

They walked silently until they reached ‘their elm tree’. Willow sat down so her back was resting on the base of the tree and Tara sat cross-legged next to her.

“You know,” said Willow, while turning to look at Tara, “this is my favorite place on campus.”

“M-mine too.”

“It provides great shade and is usually a very secluded area,” said Willow, her voice light and teasing.

Tara gave Willow a questioning look.

“I really like the grass, all nice and green,” continued Willow, while still maintaining eye contact with Tara.

“Is there any other r-reason why you like this p-place so much?” asked Tara.

Willow pretended to ponder the question, “Hmm, I can’t think of anything else.”

“T-hat’s to bad,” said Tara with a mischievous glint in her eye.

Willow, not expecting that reply raised her eyebrows.

“C-cause I kinda w-anted you to kiss me.”

Willow felt her mouth dry. She watched Tara’s lips quirk into that famous lopsided smile.

“Y-ou know, the w-way you did before, when we were s-skirting over our attraction, b-but if you don’t remember…” continued Tara, looking intently at Willow.

The moment had lost some of its humorous tone. The two girls sat staring at each other. Willow felt her body move towards Tara.

Closer and closer she leant until their lips touched.

She felt Tara’s tongue gently prod her lips open, seeking entrance.

The sensation made Willow tingle all over. She moved her arms and wrapped them around Tara’s waist.

The kiss continued. Willow felt her breathing intensify and her eyes closed in pleasure. Her hands wandered from Tara’s waist, moving slowly along the hem of Tara’s blouse. With hot sweaty fingers she tried to move the material so she could touch Tara’s skin, so she could touch…

And then Tara’s lips where gone.

Willow opened her eyes.

Tara smiled and said, “Now-w I remember why I like this place so much.”

Willow smiled; entranced with the look Tara was giving her.

It was a look of affection.

------------------------

A loud knocking sound awakened Willow from her mind wanderings.
She stood to answer the door and instead watched as it flew open and in barged Anya.

“Where have you been?” demanded Anya.

Before Willow could answer, Anya continued, “You stood me up! We had a date - an ice-cream date. With the cone and the cream and all that fatty goodness that I really should care about now that I’m human, but I don’t, and where are you? Where?”

Willow stared blankly at Anya.

“Don’t play ignorant with me missy. I want my lime licorice ice-cream.”

Willow cleared her throat before asking, “Is there such a flavor?”

“Maybe, I’m not sure,” conceded Anya, “but stop trying to change the subject. Where have you been?”

“Here.”

“Well that’s not good enough, you’re meant to be there, with me, eating
ice-cream.”

Willow rubbed her temples. “Anya, what are you talking about?”

“Ice-cream.”

Willow sighed. “Okay, I got that part, the rest, not so much.”

Anya crossed her arms and glared at Willow. “You forgot didn’t you? You’re too busy with Tara, thinking about Tara, swooning over Tara, to remember me, your girlfriend.”

“Huh?”

“Fine, dump me after I help you with your lesbian wooing adventure. See if I care!” She turned to the door.

“Anya, wait, please.”

Anya stood with her back to the door.

“I didn’t know we made a time today to go out and get ice-cream. I’m sorry I forgot, okay?” said Willow.

“Well, we didn’t actually make a time,” said Anya, keeping her back to
Willow.

Willow rubbed her temples again and kept her voice even. “We didn’t make a time?”

Anya turned around and glared at Willow, “Why are you parroting what I say, do you think I’m stupid. You do don’t you?”

“No Anya I don’t think you’re stupid.” Insane but not stupid.

“I shouldn’t have to make a time with you to have a date. As girlfriends I should be able to come over and see you. That’s how it works isn’t it? I mean I woke up this morning and felt like seeing you and sharing ice-cream. I try and call but you don’t answer so I come over here and then you don’t answer your door. What kind of girlfriend are you!”

Willow breathed deeply. She grabbed her purse and turned to Anya,
“Come on, my treat,” said Willow, having learnt after several months of
friendship that sometimes it was just easier to go with the flow. She briefly thought of Xander and what he had to put up with each day - it made her smile.

“Really, you want to go for ice-cream?” Anya asked, her tone no longer
demanding. “You’re not just doing this now because you feel bad for neglecting me this past week?”

Willow smiled, “No Anya, I really want to have ice-cream with you.”

###

Taking the last vacant table in the ice-cream parlor, Willow watched as Anya haggled with the teenager behind the counter.

“What do you mean you don’t have lime licorice flavored ice-cream? I mean, hello, you have two tubs of each, there, sitting coolly in their containers. I can see them.” Anya proceeded to point to the ice-cream so the unfortunate teenager could see them in all their glory.

“I mean, my God,” spoke Anya, “Do I have to come over the counter and make it up myself?”

Willow watched on in amusement. Only Anya could make going for ice-cream anything but dull.

Ignoring the stares from several customers, Anya continued, “I want you to scoop one of each flavor and then I want you to put them in a bowl and mix them together,” Anya was now pointing at the young attendant. Her raised voice and glaring may have kicked the fellow into action or, as Willow liked to think, he had just given up on arguing with the insane lady, so he proceed to do as Anya asked.

“And don’t forget the cherry!” finished Anya.

Willow watched on and smiled. She was happily eating her chocolate fudge sundae.

The teenager finished creating Anya’s concoction and asked, “Is that all?”
Anya inspected the contents of the bowl. Appearing satisfied, she looked at the attendant and beamed. “Yes thank you and you have a good day now.”

With that parting comment she turned and made her way to the table that Willow occupied.

Willow looked up at Anya’s approaching form and smiled.

“You got your ice-cream,” said Willow.

Anya smiled and dug a spoon into the hideous colored ice-cream.
“This is good Willow, you want to try some?” asked Anya

Willow felt her stomach tighten at the thought, “Umm no, but thanks for offering.”

Anya raised several more spoonfuls, each one bigger than the last. Willow continued to watch, and slowly felt her appetite dwindle.

“So, have you had sex with Tara yet?” asked Anya whilst slurping the remaining portions.

Willow dropped her spoon and glared at Anya. “No!”

Anya looked up from her bowl and with a knowing smile said, “But you want too?”

Willow blushed and avoided Anya’s stare.

“I’ve seen it a thousand times, girl meets boy, well in your case, girl meets girl, girl dates girl, girl has sex with girl…”

Willow interrupted, “Anya, why are you so sex focused?”

Anya looked at Willow, her brows knotted together in confusion. “What do you mean?”

Willow sighed and thought how best she could explain it to Anya. “It’s not always about sex. I mean, sure its there, I mean, yeh, I’ve thought about it, briefly, but, well, with Tara it’s so much more.”

Anya looked intrigued, “How do you know?”

“What?”

“How do you know if you haven’t had sex?”

This time Willow was confused, and then it dawned on her. Anya and Xander had sex before they started dating - kind of everything in reverse.

“Oh, you mean how do I know how I feel about Tara without the sex?”

“Yes.”

Willow thought of Tara, how she felt excited every time she saw her, how she always looked forward to seeing her regardless of what they did. She always enjoyed the time they spent together. When she did have to leave Tara, be it to go and study or go to class, her good mood always seemed to dampen. She was only completely happy when she was with Tara.

She loved spending anytime with Tara. She loved seeing Tara and hearing about her day. She loved it when Tara smiled at her and called her sweetie. She loved - well she just loved Tara. She looked at Anya wistfully, and made her declaration, “Cause I love her.”

Anya looked at Willow in surprise. “Really?”

Willow surprised by her own declaration turned to Anya in excitement, “Yeh, I do, I mean, I’ve been having these thoughts of Tara…”

“Naked thoughts?” interrupted Anya.

“No Anya, these thoughts of how she makes me feel, when we’re together and when we’re apart. She makes me so happy.”

Anya finished her ice-cream and turned to Willow, “So you’re saying you’re in love with Tara and you haven’t had sex.”

Willow looked at Anya in surprise, “Well, yes.”

Anya rolled her eyes, “Well what’s stopping you, go have sex now!”

Willow laughed despite watching Anya glare at her, “There’s a little more to it than that Anya. I mean, I don’t know if I’m ready for that. You know?”

Anya shook her head.

Willow tried to gather her thoughts, “I mean, that’s such a big step, and we’re taking things slow and, I guess I don’t want to do anything wrong, you know, I want everything to be...”

“Perfect,” answered Anya

Willow looked at Anya in surprise, “Yeh,”

“See I do understand, you don’t think I get these things but I do,” spoke Anya, waving her hands in the air, “everyone thinks the ex-demon has no clue about human interactions. Well I do missy.” Anya stopped and looked at Willow’s continued surprised expression, “And you know what I think,”

Willow just stared at her.

“I think you’re a horny horn dog and too scared to make a move on Tara!”

###

Tara decided to be spontaneous and carried some lunch to Willow’s dorm.
Knocking on the door she couldn’t help but smile at the thought of seeing her girlfriend. Tara looked forward to seeing Willow everyday. She wondered if she could go a day without her. Was she becoming addicted? Maybe. Tara didn’t care. She was too happy.

Tara was momentarily disappointed when Buffy answered the door.

“Hi Tara,” said Buffy.

“B-buffy, h-hey, I was looking for Willow.” Tara cringed at her stutter, caused by her increased nervousness at being around the slayer.

Buffy smiled, trying to make Tara feel more at ease.
“Wil must be out somewhere, I haven’t seen her since I got back.”

“Oh,” Tara frowned; she couldn’t remember Willow saying she’d be delayed after class. She sighed, so much for lunch.

“I’ll tell her you dropped by though, when she gets back.”

Tara just smiled and nodded. She turned to leave, not before Buffy spoke again, “Umm Tara, you haven’t noticed anything going on with Willow have you?”

Tara stared and felt her face flush red from guilt. “W-what do y-you m-ean?”

Buffy sighed. “She just seems a little distant lately and always in a rush. She seems happy though, really happy, which is good. I just feel as though she’s avoiding me.”

Tara sighed internally. She had been meaning to ask Willow when she was going to tell Buffy about them. Not that she wanted to pressure Willow, but sooner or later it was bound to come out - so to speak. She wanted Willow to be the one to tell Buffy personally and not have her find out otherwise. She knew that would hurt Buffy more, and judging from Willow’s friends, she thought they would be accepting. Maybe not as much as Anya, but accepting nonetheless.

Feeling guilty at lying to Buffy, Tara tried to avoid the question, “M-maybe you s-should talk to her, about your feelings?”

Buffy looked at Tara and smiled, “Yeh, you’re probably right, I guess I should.”

###

Buffy smiled as Tara left. She was really starting to like Willow’s new friend.

Tara seemed genuinely nice, unlike Willow’s other choice in friend lately - Anya.

The last few months the two of them had been spending time together which surprised Buffy. As far as Buffy knew, Willow had always taken a great dislike to Anya. Now, the pair seemed like they were friends.

Buffy sat down on Willow’s bed and pondered the thoughts she was having.

Willow seemed too busy to spend time with her yet she spent heaps of time with Tara and she regularly saw Anya.

Buffy also picked up a vibe that Willow was hiding something from her.
Willow was exceedingly happy, almost as though she was, and then it hit Buffy – as though she was in love. She remembered her increased happiness when Willow was just starting out with Oz. Thinking back to that time though, Buffy had to admit, Willow was never this happy. Buffy had not seen Willow with any guys lately, so if she was dating again, it was someone Buffy hadn’t met. And if Willow was dating, why wouldn’t she just come out and tell Buffy.

Becoming more intrigued, she decided she might need to do some sleuthing and who better then to help her, Xander.

###

Willow dropped her spoon and glared at Anya.

“I am not a horn dog, thank you very much,” said Willow, as she looked around the ice-cream shop, making sure no-one had heard the embarrassing comment. Her eyes shifted downwards as she noticed a young couple smiling at her.

Anya, ignoring Willow’s discomfort continued, “Fine, be in denial. But if you don’t release all this pent up sexual frustration you could get an ulcer.”

Willow breathed deeply, “I am not sexually frustrated.”

“Sure, whatever,” muttered Anya as she continued eating her ice-cream concoction. “So when are you going to tell Xander and Buffy about your lesbian lifestyle?”

"What?” said Willow, surprised at the turn in conversation.

“You were going to confide in Xander months ago and now for some reason you have decided not to talk to him. I guess you were lucky to have me instead. I mean if I hadn’t helped you that day, then you and Tara would still be skirting around the whole - I like you, do you like me business. I practically brought you two together. You could call me Anya the lesbian match maker,” said Anya smiling at Willow.

“Huh?”

Anya rolled her eyes, “You never listen to me Willow. I shall repeat my sacred words, only because you are my girlfriend. When are you coming out to Xander?”

Willow averted Anya’s gaze and looked at her bowl. “I don’t know, I mean, you’re right, I was going to talk to Xander that day, but now, I guess I’m not sure how his reaction will be. And the longer I put it off, the harder it is. You know, like how do I say, by the way Tara and I are a couple and have been for the past three months.”

Anya waved her hands in the air, “Piffle. Sure they’ll be annoyed, maybe hurt…”

“Gee, thanks Anya for the encouragement.”

“I was then going to say, until you rudely interrupted, that they’ll get over it.”

Willow sighed. “It’s just hard. I wish there was some way for them to work it out, you know, maybe suspect then come and ask me. I mean, hello, they haven’t picked up on my happy moods and how I am with Tara?”

“Well, they are both dense, Buffy more so than Xander,” said Anya and then she smiled at Willow as an idea was formulating in the back of her mind. She continued to listen to Willow’s rant about how Buffy would freak.

###

Anya was feeling refreshed and content after her afternoon of ice-cream.

Having talked with Willow about her lack of sex, she had then decided to broach the subject of Willow coming out. What surprised Anya was how Buffy and Xander had not picked up on Willow and Tara. When they were together Anya could clearly see how much a couple they were. It was the little glances, the discreet touches, the smiles, it was so frickin obvious!

Willow was right; her two best-friends should have picked up on her happy moods.

Anya, having learnt that girlfriends share and keep secrets for each other, had kept silent about Willow and Tara. She was finding it hard, especially when Xander had recently asked her if she had been noticing any changes in Willow’s mood – her happy mood as he referred to it.

Anya thought it was time for Willow to step out of the closet and show off her new lesbian lifestyle. Then Anya could bask in the glory and let them know how it was with her help and guidance she had brought Willow and Tara together.

This afternoon when Anya had mentioned coming out, Willow had shied from the topic, saying that she didn’t want to burst her bubble of happiness with Buffy freaking out.

Anya sighed and entered Xander’s basement, wondering how she could help Willow. Her mood soon soured as she smelt bleach and heard the washing machine vibrating in the small enclosed room.

“Xander, how many times do I have to tell you, no washing during the day. You know I can’t stand the smell of…” complained Anya as she made her way down the basement steps, and then she stopped as she saw Buffy and Xander in deep conversation.

Entering the room she watched as they both looked at her in surprise.

“Hey, Ahn,” said Xander.

Anya sighed, so much for her orgasm plan. And what was Buffy doing here, alone with Xander.

“What’s going on?” asked Anya.

Buffy sighed and looked at Anya, “I came to talk to Xander, about Willow.”

Anya tried to hide her surprise, “Why, we just had ice-cream together, she was happy, and then she left to go see Tara.”

Buffy turned to Xander for help.

“Buffy was just concerned about Willow’s mood lately," said Xander, "how she has become distant and avoidy, but happy nonetheless. Very happy.”

Anya frowned, why would Xander and Buffy be worried about a happy Willow. Were they suspecting what was making Willow happy? Maybe.

Maybe, if she planted a seed, a little slither of information, the pair may come to a conclusion. That way Anya would not be breaking Willow’s trust, but helping her. The thought pleased Anya. Then Willow could be a good girlfriend and show Tara off to the Scoobies. That would make Tara happy too.

Anya turned her attention back to Buffy as her subtle plan formulated.

“You’ve been spending a bit of time with her, has she mentioned anything to you?” asked Buffy.

“No,” said Anya, “We just eat ice-cream together; I usually do the talking, except when she asks my advice about Tara,”

Whoops, thought Anya, damn, I’ve revealed too much, gotta backpedal now,

“About spells with Tara, should she do them or not, I mean, would Tara like them, no, wait, that’s not what I mean, I mean would Willow like to do spells with Tara. Yes, spells, those girls, all with the should we do spells, you know how shy Willow is.”

Buffy looked confused, “I thought they already did spell’s together.”

Damn it, Buffy’s too quick, think! Anya quickly continued, “They do, just little spells, Willow wants to do big spells, but she doesn’t know if Tara is ready.”
There, thought Anya beaming, covered well.

“Oh,” said Buffy, “So Wil’s okay then. I just get that she’s hiding something. I even thought she may be dating someone, you know, cause of her happy moods.”

Anya looked at Buffy and then quickly avoided eye contact.

She thought of Willow, how nervous Willow was of coming out to Buffy and Xander. If they already suspected and confronted Willow it would be easier. Wasn’t that what Willow had said over their ice-cream date? Then the hard work would be done and Willow would just have to confirm their suspicions. Deciding to help Willow, again, Anya proceeded to plant the last seed of suspicion without actually breaking Willow’s confidence,

Anya turned to Buffy and smiled, “Well, Willow has been in very happy moods, especially when she is with Tara. Maybe she is just happy to have a special friend. One she can do spells with.”

Buffy looked at Anya and nodded agreement.

“Willow is probably at Tara’s now, although I doubt they are doing any big spells. Those spells can bring much happiness,” continued Anya, and much to Buffy’s surprise, Anya winked at her.

Anya then looked at Buffy and Xander, watching their expressions. Pleased with the puzzlement she had created she turned and left.

###

“So you went and had ice-cream with Anya?” asked Tara.

Willow was lying face to face with Tara on Tara’s bed. In between them was the belated lunch.

With a mouthful of Thai chicken, Willow responded, “Yep, and let me tell you, that is an adventure on its own. Did you know you can get lime licorice flavored ice-cream?”

Tara stared at Willow and frowned, “Y-yuck.”

Willow nodded in agreement. “I know it’s like so awful, especially the coloring,” Willow scrunched up her brows as the image played in her mind, “Well the flavor doesn’t really exist. Anya made the poor guy at the counter make it up for her, and as usual, she barged her way around the shop and we got stared at and she was rude, but…”

“You had fun,” said Tara, smiling.

Willow looked at her and softened her expression, “Yeh, I had fun, but not as much fun as I do with you.”

“So w-what did you talk about?”

Willow, unconsciously, felt her face redden, “Umm just this and that, nothing in particular, just Anya speak, so to speak. Pretty boring actually. So this Thai chicken is really yummy, did you get it at the…”

“Wil?”

“Hmm,”

Tara was intrigued, Willow had managed to blush and babble at the same time.

“Y-you seem a little avoidy?”

“What?” squeaked Willow.

Tara smiled at Willow in amusement, “Its okay, I’m just w-wondering what you two talk about. Or is it a secret?” Tara looked at Willow with a teasing grin which faltered on her lips as she watched the nervous expression play on Willow’s usually expressive face.

“No, umm, no secret.”

“So?”

“We talked about you, how you make me happy,” said Willow as she concentrated on anything but looking at Tara.

Tara smiled, enjoying Willow’s discomfort.

“And?”

“Anya just asked about us and stuff.”

Tara frowned, “S-stuff?”

Willow stole a fleeting glance at Tara, “You know, stuff.” She felt her face redden again.

Tara looked at Willow with a blank expression.

Willow felt her face redden more; she didn’t want to avoid Tara, should she say it, maybe this would be a good time to get it out in the open. Was it too soon? Would Tara think she was, what, a horn dog as Anya had implied, well not implied just flat out said. Maybe, maybe she wanted to talk about this with Tara, shouldn’t she be able to talk to Tara about anything?

“Sex,” said Willow quickly.

Tara looked at Willow in surprise, then she thought of Anya, maybe not so much a surprise, but why would Willow be talking to Anya about sex, they hadn’t had…

“Oh,’ said Tara and cast her eyes downwards in embarrassment.

“Yeh, well, you know Anya, all with the in-your-face comments.”

“S-so you talked about sex?”

“Yeh, well no, she did the talking mostly.”

“W-hat did she say?” asked Tara, bringing her gaze back to Willow’s face.
Willow looked away, unable to meet Tara’s stare, her embarrassment too much.

Tara gently took Willow’s hand.

“Wil, it’s o-okay, I won’t get mad?”

Willow looked at Tara in confusion.

“I mean, I know she’s your f-friend, its good to have someone to talk too, about things.”

“Huh?”

“I m-mean you know, if you need too.”

“Tara, I’m not following?”

Tara sighed, “If you need to talk about sex.”

Willow sat up in the bed and looked at Tara, “Anya asked if we had, you know…”

“Oh.”

“Yeh I know, rude and personal, but, well that’s Anya.”

“W-what did you say?”

“That we hadn’t, then she’s like well why not and then it went to her and Xander, which, too much information…”

Tara, feeling bold interrupted, “Does that bother you?”

“Well yeh! I mean hearing about Xander in that way, too much information.”

Tara laughed softly, “No Wil, I mean, does it bother you, about us.”

“What about us?”

Tara sighed, “That we haven’t”

Willow redden, “What, no, hello, we’ve only been together three months, and we haven’t even said...” and then Willow stopped, she was revealing too much.

Tara however had listened intently.

“Haven’t said what Wil?”

Willow looked away.

Tara moved her hand to Willow’s and held it.

Willow turned slowly to Tara and saw her smiling face. She was looking at her with such adoration, such - was it what Willow was feeling?

“Love,” whispered Willow.

Tara leant in closer, “Yes.”

“We haven’t said that.”

Tara smiled. “No we haven’t.”

Willow looked away again.

Tara moved her face back and looked at Willow.

“W-when are you going to stop doing that?”

“What.”

“Looking away, you know what happened last time.”

Willow smiled. “Yeh.”

Tara cleared her throat, “Wil, I do…”

“Think about sex?” interrupted Willow.

Tara laughed and continued, “Well, s-sometimes, but I was going to say, that I love you.”

Willow looked at Tara intently, “You do?”

Tara nodded.

Willow sighed in relief, “Me too, I mean, I love you too Tara. I think I have since the beginning. It just took a while for all these feelings to register.”

Tara leant in and gently kissed Willow.

Willow responded and held Tara’s face in her hands. The kiss intensified and Willow found herself lying on the bed with Tara above her.

Tara’s lips felt warm and wet, her tongue forceful and gentle.

Willow broke the kiss and tried to catch her breath. “Wow.”

Tara smiled, “Yeh, wow.”

“Do you think a lot about sex?”

Tara blushed.

“With me?” continued Willow.

Tara swatted her arm, “Of course with you sweetie.”

“That’s good then?”

Tara smiled playing along, “Very good.”

“So?”

“So?” Tara asked.

Willow looked at Tara then her gaze roamed along her figure.

Tara looked at Willow and smiled. “Are you asking me something Wil?”

Willow kissed Tara as a response.

Tara broke the kiss again, “Willow.”

Willow blushed, “Anya said I was a horn dog.”

“Umm, I don’t know about that, but you do have w-wandering hands.”

“Yeh, I guess I do.”

“I wouldn’t say no if they w-wandered a bit more.”

“You wouldn’t?”

“N-no.”

“Really?”

Tara looked at Willow and smiled softly. “I’m in love with you Willow; do I have to spell it out?”

Willow smiled, “I guess not.”

“So we...”

“Could, if we wanted to?” finished Willow.

Tara smiled, “Definitely."

“And we will.”

“A-absolutely.”

“Sometime soon even.”

Tara kissed Willow and then removed the Thai chicken from the bed. She turned off the lamp; the room plunged into semi darkness, the campus lights filtering in from the window.

“Wil?”

“Yes?”

“H-how about sometime, like – now?”

Willow kissed Tara as her hands wandered in answer, and kept wandering, until she was almost…

And then banging was heard. Tara’s door was being banged on with persistent knuckles and Willow tried to ignore them.

“Wil, there’s s-someone at the door.”

Willow sighed, “I know, let’s pretend we’re not here.”

Tara laughed softly.

The banging stopped and then Anya’s voice was heard, “Willow, Tara, I know you’re in there, probably not having sex, but we need to talk.”

Willow groaned.

“Wil, I think we b-better answer her, unless you want the w-whole dorm to know we’re not having sex.”

Willow groaned again, “Trying to have sex Tara, big difference, I am so going to kill her this time. Maybe I’ll trap her in a cage with hundreds of bunnies, yeh lots of bunnies and…”

Tara gently kissed Willow and turned the lamp back on. She looked at her open blouse and noticed her bra was hanging loose at the back. She eyed Willow.

Willow grinned as she noticed Tara had discovered her wandering hands at work.

“You want to snap me back in place Wil?” asked Tara, her voice light.

“No,” mumbled Willow, but obliged anyway.

Tara, feeling Willow’s hands move away after fastening her bra, turned and kissed her once more, “I’ll r-remove it later, so you don’t have to do so much work,” she then kissed the stunned Willow and walked to the door, opening it for Anya.

Anya barged in, almost knocking Tara over.

“Willow you need to talk to Buffy and Xander. They were interrogating me earlier about your distant, avoidy, extra happy moods,” said Anya, pacing, while Willow looked on in surprise.

“Huh?”

“Good God Willow, come out to them already!”

Willow, regaining her thoughts turned to Anya, “What did you say?”

###

“Buffy, I know this is going to sound a little out there, but do you think Willow and Tara are maybe into more than spells?” asked Xander.

Buffy frowned, “What, like drugs.”

“No, I mean, you know how Anya said the word spells?”

“Yeh?”

Xander rolled his eyes, “You know…”

“Oh, you mean. Well I don’t…” and then Buffy quickly scanned her memories of all the times Tara and Willow had been together. And how Anya had winked at her when she had used the word spells. It was so obvious it was almost funny.

Willow and Tara were together, a couple. Hence Willow’s happy mood.
Buffy was surprised but not freaked.

“We’re dummies aren’t we?”

Xander shrugged his shoulders, “I guess we are. Wil mustn’t have felt like she could talk to us about it.”

“Yeh, we’re pretty lame friends. Our best-friend can’t confide in us about this huge thing, so instead she seeks out the aid of an ex-demon.”

“I guess we’ve been too busy to notice.”

“Yeh,” said Buffy, her tone a little harsher then what she meant, “busy ignoring Willow.”

Xander sighed. “We should go talk to her, tell her its okay. That we don’t have any problems with her and Tara doing spells together.”

Buffy rose from her seat, “I think the sooner the better. Poor Wil, I can’t believe she wouldn’t tell me about this. She must have thought I would freak out or something. I mean I didn’t expect this. Although…

“Vampire Willow,” said Xander.

“Exactly, kind of makes sense, in a weird sort of way.”

Xander nodded.

“I mean,” continued Buffy, “I think Tara’s a really great girl. It’s not what I expected, but, I’m happy if Willow’s happy.”

“So, we go talk to Wil - now?”

“Yeh, Anya said Willow would be with Tara. Let’s try Tara’s dorm room.”

###

Tara stood at her desk while she watched Anya pace and Willow nervously fidget with her hands.

“So what did you say Anya?” asked Willow.

“Nothing. I covered for you. That is what girlfriends do.”

“Well, what exactly did Buffy and Xander say?”

“Well, Buffy asked if you had mentioned anything to me, to explain your moods,” she then turned to Tara and smiled, “Willow’s been extra chipper and happy with you around, even though you’re not having sex,” Anya beamed.

Willow muttered, “I was so trying to.”

Tara smirked and rose her eyebrows at Willow’s comment, which she clearly heard, along with Anya,

“You were having sex just now?” Anya peered at Willow and then Tara, "But you’ve got clothes on, is that a lesbian thing, to keep them on?”

Willow reddened at the comment, “No! I was trying to get them off before you so rudely interrupted!”

Anya glared at Willow, “You should be thanking me right now.”

Willow rolled her eyes, “Oh boy, here we go,”

“I’ve been nothing but supportive on your lesbian endeavors with Tara, I’m even covering for you now by lying and stealing, well not stealing, but lying, did I mention that part…”

And before Anya could finish her sentence, Buffy and Xander entered Tara’s room.

Tara stood rigid as she watched Buffy and Xander look at Willow.

Willow paled, “Hey, someone call a Scooby meeting?”

Buffy smiled, “A long overdue one.”

“Is there an acropolis?” asked Willow, confused why Buffy and Xander would be here in Tara’s room.

“You could say that, an acropolis in ignorance,” said Buffy.

“Huh?” said Willow feeling more nervous by the minute.

“Wil, we’re sorry we didn’t notice and its okay, we’re not freaking out,” said Buffy who then looked at Tara, “We really like Tara, and we like that she has made you this happy Wil.”

“Huh?”

Anya buttered in, “They know you and Tara are lesbian girlfriends.” She turned to Buffy, “Took you long enough to figure it out, I mean how many innuendos do I have to drop. I mean hello - spells!”

Buffy smiled at Anya, “Sometimes it’s a little murky up here,” as she patted her head.

Xander looked at Willow, “And if there is any special spell talks you want to have Wil, I’m you’re man.”

“Huh?”

“Oh good God Willow! Buffy and Xander know you and Tara are a couple, and its okay. You don’t have to avoid them about it now, everyone’s happy; you can go on and have sex now!”

Tara moved over to Willow and sat next to her on the bed, “Wil, A-are you okay, you kind of aren’t saying anything.”

Willow closed and reopened her eyes. She looked at Tara and smiled. She then turned to Anya, her annoying and insane but wonderful friend and said in a quiet voice, “Thanks.”

Anya beamed, “That’s what girlfriends do for each other.”

Willow felt Tara’s hand gently clasp her own.
Turning to the group, she eyed them all, “I’m in love with Tara.”
Turning back to a blushing Tara she leant in and kissed her.

Buffy smiled at the pair, it was so obvious. She turned to Xander and Anya, “Come on guys, let’s leave these two alone.”

Moving to the door Buffy turned to Willow and Tara, “How about tomorrow afternoon we meet up at the espresso pump and catch up?”

Tara smiled at Buffy and nodded.

Willow looked at her best-friend, her face open and warm, “That’d be nice Buffy.”

###

Willow sat on Tara’s bed as she watched her friends leave. How could only a few minutes of interactions with the gang leave her feeling relieved, happy and also guilty?

Relieved because her relationship with Tara was out in the open. Anya had, in her own discreet way done that for her. No coming out was required when your friends already knew.

She was happy because Buffy and Xander had not freaked. They had generally appeared happy. Willow would spend some time with each of them soon, to let them know why she had delayed her coming out period.

She was feeling guilty though for keeping this a secret from her best-friends. Most of all, the guilt was directed for Tara. What must Tara have been feeling these past months at Willow for keeping their relationship a secret? Tara had never pressured Willow to come out. Did she think Willow was ashamed of her?

Willow turned to Tara and took her hand, “I’m sorry.”

Tara looked at Willow in surprise, “What for?”

Willow took a moment to gather her thoughts, “For taking so long to tell my best-friends,” she played with Tara’s fingers, admiring how soft and warm they felt, “I was never ashamed of you Tara, or what we have together. I hope you never felt like that. I just didn’t want to have this happy wonderful feeling burst, and I thought…”

“I know that Wil, you’ve only ever made me feel special and…”

“Loved,” interrupted Willow, “I hope that’s how I make you feel. Cause I do, so much.” And then Willow kissed her.

Tara responded, growing into the kiss, moving her arms around Willow’s neck. Willow moved her lips away so she could speak once more, “And I’m sorry about having the gang bombard your room, especially when we were trying to, you know...”

Tara smiled and decided she wanted to hear exactly what Willow wanted, “No, I don’t know?”

“You know, the wandering of hands, removing of clothing.”

“And?”

Willow blushed, “You know, the making of love.”

Tara smiled, happy that Willow could finally say it, “I did know. I just w-wanted to hear you say it.”

Willow turned her eyes downward, “I guess the gang kind of ruined the moment.”

Tara gently touched Willow’s face, moving it so their eyes were level, “M-moments can be rekindled.”

Willow felt her breath quicken. She watched as Tara smiled at her, her face so full of love. She moved her face closer so she was almost touching Tara’s lips.

“I love you.”

“I love you to Willow,” spoke Tara as she moved closer to Willow so their lips were finally touching.

:sh The end…for now…

Last edited by Fin on Mon Dec 24, 2007 2:21 am, edited 4 times in total.

Post subject: Re: Affection (completed)
PostPosted: Wed Aug 15, 2007 8:19 pm 
Ms. Moderator Fantastico
Ms. Moderator Fantastico

:pinky I just wanted to say this was a really sweet story keep it up :wtkiss

Post subject: Feedback Response:
PostPosted: Tue Aug 21, 2007 3:30 am 
2. Floating Rose

Hi there Dianneswillowtree,

Thanks for reading my story and leaving feedback, glad you found it sweet :)

PostPosted: Tue Aug 21, 2007 8:12 am 
23. Volumey Text

Great story!

PostPosted: Tue Aug 21, 2007 11:14 am 
1. Blessed Wannabe

Awesome story! :pinky Very interesting twist to have Anya trying to be Willow's best friend instead being Tara's. And you really nailed her character too. And lime licorice ice-cream!? Gross! Very Anya though lol Fantastic job!

PostPosted: Wed Aug 22, 2007 6:05 am 
6. Sassy Eggs

Mmmmmm... sweet. That was just as nice as the first one.

Anya is hilarious. We can all be thankful we don't have friends like that, unless we do.... But it's nice to see the heart underneath the battering ram, and I liked that Willow had fun being with her.

W&T are very sweet. I loved shy and awkward Willow in the discussions of sex, or lack thereof, and the grumbly Willow when Anya etc interrupted them.

Is it too much to hope that you are planning on more of this story?
Anne

Every path has its puddle. Old English Saying... I think I just stepped in mine...

PostPosted: Wed Aug 22, 2007 6:59 am 
2. Floating Rose

SJ - Thanks for reading, glad you liked the story. Cheers Fin.

Keth - Glad you found the story interesting having Anya as the friend to Willow - or try to be! She is such a funny
character. I tried to make her even more insane in this tale, and yes, lime licorice ice-cream sounds horrid,
a flavour I could imagine only someone like Anya enjoying :)

Spells42 (Anne) - Hi Anne, glad you liked the sequel and happy to hear you found Anya hilarious.
I wanted her to be even more over-the-top, and I am thankful I have no friends such as her! I wanted to move the story into more smoochie territory but alas, Anya interupted...I am planning a third story which will move the gals relationship further, I have not written smutty scenes before so it will be an experiment! (LOL)
Hopefully I will have it completed sooner than later. After that, maybe something else with Anya being even more
annoying and helpless...! Thanks for reading, Cheers Fin

PostPosted: Wed Aug 22, 2007 10:09 pm 
5. Willowhand

Location: Behind the tree, outside the window. Waving at you.
I really love both these stories. Very funny and cute. Love Anya too.

Post subject: Re: Affection
PostPosted: Thu Aug 23, 2007 9:50 am 
Ms. Moderator Fantastico
Ms. Moderator Fantastico

New to the archive. You can leave feedback! :)

PostPosted: Fri Aug 24, 2007 1:16 am 
2. Floating Rose

Hi Psy, thanks for reading, glad you liked.
Cheers Fin

Post subject: Re: Affection
PostPosted: Fri Dec 20, 2013 6:58 pm 
4. Extra Flamey

Hi Fin

I really enjoyed the sequel, Anya was hilarious again with the ice cream, horn dog and spells! This was a really great continuation from Attraction but why did you have to end it when they were getting hot and heavy lol.

Kim