The Kitten, the Witches and the Bad Wardrobe - Willow & Tara Forever

General Chat  || Kitten  || WaV  || Pens  || Mi2  || GMP  || TiE  || FAQ  || Feed - The Kitten, the Witches and the Bad Wardrobe

All times are UTC - 8 hours [ DST ]

Post subject: Attraction
PostPosted: Tue Feb 20, 2007 5:39 am 
2. Floating Rose

Title: ATTRACTION
Author: Fin
Email Address: barney.bear@yahoo.com.au
Rating: PG
Disclaimer: Mutant Enemy and Joss Whedon own Buffy. I am just borrowing the characters for this tale.
Distribution: Just email me first.
Spoilers: Season 4 (I know this has been done so many times, but I couldn’t help myself, this is my favourite season - the girls meeting and coming together ). The story is slightly AU - I thought it would be fun to write about the initial attraction Willow feels for Tara and how she comes to deal with this knowledge. It can be a very scary feeling, realising you are a lesbian and attracted to a friend. In aid of Willow’s coming out period I have given her a friend – someone to help her along the way - who better than Anya! (That’s the fun part.)
Then I thought, Tara needs some friends too, some kind souls to help her deal with her attraction to Willow (who she assumes is straight). So, I made some up for her!
Our girls will finally come together, with a little fun along the way.
Pairing: W/T of course!
Feedback: Absolutely :) - This is my first attempt at fan fic writing so please be gentle.
Summary: This is a two-part story with a small epilogue. The sequel to this story is Affection
Notes: Tara has already met Buffy, Riley, Xander and Anya.
Character thoughts are in italics

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

PART 1

“Hi Wil, nice hat,” commented Xander, as he led her into his basement.

“Thanks, just trying something a little different,” spoke Willow as she made her way into the sitting room.
She stopped momentarily as her gaze met Anya, who was sitting on the floor in front of Xander’s coffee table, eating popcorn from a bowl.

“Umm, hey Anya,” she said whilst turning to scowl at Xander.
He shrugged his shoulders as if to say ‘come on Wil, be nice’.

Anya nodded a greeting.

Willow grabbed a cushion from the lounge and took a seat across from Anya.

“Can I tempt you Wil, to a delicious fruity-filled health bar?” asked Xander as he sat next to Anya.

Willow looked at the food item in his hand. “Those things usually have no taste.”

“No way. These are delicious.”

“I think I’ll pass Xander,” spoke Willow as she reached for some popcorn instead.

“Willow’s right, those bars are like cardboard. If I was starving I wouldn’t eat one.”

“Sure you would Ahn. If you were starving you’d be grateful for one of these tasty treats.”

“Would not,” answered Anya.

“Would too.”

“Okay, okay, I’ll try one,” spoke Willow. She reached for the bar in Xanders hand.

“That’ll be three dollars Willow,” said Anya

“You’re going to charge me for one?” asked Willow, glaring at Anya.

“Anya! Willow can just have one, okay,” said Xander while quickly giving the bar to Willow.

“But she’s eating your livelihood. How are you going to be able to buy me pretty things if she keeps eating all the merchandise?”

“Anya, Wil’s my friend, it’s okay for her to have one.”

“But…”

Willow interrupted. “Anya, if I like the bar, I’ll buy more. Okay?”

Anya thought this over. She then beamed at Willow. “Okay missy, you dig in then.”

Willow rolled her eyes.

Xander caught Willow’s eye movement and tried to move the conversation onwards. “So, we all ready for some poker?”

Willow turned to Xander in confusion.

“Poker Wil,” repeated Xander, “I thought I mentioned that on the phone.”

“No, not really remembering that part,” answered Willow.

“Well, it’s going to be fun.”

Sure it will be, thought Willow - minus the poker and minus the ex-demon girlfriend.

She sighed. Her mind wandered as Xander dealt the cards.
She had been thinking a lot lately, especially about Tara and her growing feelings toward her. The thoughts made her smile…

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------

Friday night (two weeks ago), Willow had gone to Tara’s dorm room to perform some spells…

Willow released her hands from Tara’s and slumped backwards against the foot of the bed. The spell they had just cast had left her feeling drained and tired. Brushing a few strands of sweat soaked hair from her eyes, she gazed around the room in wonder.

The floor was covered in flowers - violet and yellow gerbera’s. They were swaying gently in an invisible breeze.

“It’s so beautiful.” She hadn’t realized she’d spoken the words out loud until Tara turned to her smiling softly.

“Y-yes it is,” Tara answered, lowering her eyes.
She couldn’t look at Willow for any length of time. She feared the other girl would be able to read the emotions she had been trying hard to conceal since they had become friends. The increased connection of making magic together made Tara feel more vulnerable with Willow.

She feared that her feelings would be transparent – that Willow would be able to read her growing attraction.

Months ago Tara would not have imagined having a friend like Willow.
Tara had made a few other friends – mainly from the ‘Lesbian Alliance’ group.

They were nice to her and she felt comfortable with them, but they were not Willow. As much as she did enjoy their company, it wasn’t the same as spending time with her favourite redhead.

Watching the flowers swaying gently on the floor, Willow thought about Tara. She was not blind to Tara’s increased shyness after they had performed a spell together. It puzzled her though. If anything, she would have thought Tara would be more confident. It was Tara who was more experienced with magic. More knowledgeable with the craft, yet she never made Willow feel like an amateur.

Most of the time Willow felt as though she was the leader, as she selected the majority of the spells they performed. She also instigated the time and day. She wondered if Tara minded that she orchestrated nearly everything. Willow had just been assuming that with Tara’s shyness, it was just naturally her who suggested how they spent their time together.

Willow thought maybe she should ask Tara next time what type of spell she wanted to perform. Maybe they could even do something else instead?

Usually they had a quick dinner together, grabbed some mocha’s and went back to Tara’s room.

Tara raised her head from the floor and looked at Willow briefly before returning her gaze to the flowers. It really was beautiful and she was grateful to Willow for suggesting it. With a tentative hand, she brushed her fingers lightly against a small yellow petal. It felt so real. She moved her face closer and tried to smell the fragrance.

“I don’t think they smell. Which is kind of a let down. I mean it would have been really cool if they did. Then your whole room would have smelt really yummy. Not that your room doesn’t smell good - what with all the candles and incense and…” babbled Willow.

Tara laughed lightly.

“What?”

“Y-you-r just f-funny when you explain something, and then end up in this cascade of explanation. I-it’s really s-weet.” She blushed slightly. Tara seemed to lose a touch of her shyness when Willow babbled. It made her feel as though she could say anything to Willow and that Willow wouldn’t laugh or make fun of her.

Willow smiled. “Well, I’m glad someone I know appreciates the babble.”

“I’m s-sure y-your other friends appreciate it to Willow.”

“Maybe, although I’m not so sure about Xander. I think he just tunes out most of the time. A skill he must be quite good at, since he’s with Anya.”

Tara had met Xander and Anya a few times. She could appreciate Willow’s reluctance with Anya, however she had to admit, she genuinely liked her. Someone so direct and forthright, well it took a lot of confidence, and that was a trait she admired.

Tara continued to lightly touch the flowers. By now there were only a handful resting between her and Willow. She moved her fingers over the stems.

Willow moved her hand to the same flower and their fingers touched. She felt a tingling sensation and then it disappeared as Tara quickly moved her hand away.

“T-they won’t last m-much longer.”

Willow looked at Tara who was slightly red faced. Had she felt the jolt of that sensation? The magic was so strong between them.

Tara watched Willow, trying to gauge her expression. When their fingers had briefly touched, she had felt all warm and tingly. She accounted the feeling to her deep attraction to Willow.
Watching Willow however, she could sense that Willow just thought it was the magics.
Tara sighed.

“Hey, don’t worry about them not lasting. We can make some more another night.”

Willow wrongly interpreted Tara’s sigh.

“Why don’t we try it again next Friday night? Maybe we could add some other flowers?” continued Willow, and then she thought maybe they should do something different.
Spells and magic was all they did. Maybe it would be nice to do something else. She really wanted to get to know Tara better, and she didn’t want Tara to think she just liked hanging out with her for the spells.

“And tomorrow night, if you’re not doing anything, why don’t we go to a movie?”

“A m-movie t-tomorrow night?” asked Tara.

“Yeh, it’ll be fun, just hanging, and I think it would be nice for us to do something other then spells. I mean, I don’t want you to think that is all I come over for. I mean, well, you know, I like just being with you?”

Tara smiled brightly. Willow liked being with her. Wow.
She then remembered her prior social engagement. She had assumed Willow would be hanging with the Scooby gang, so she had made plans. It was better than spending Saturday night alone. She frowned. She makes plans and then Willow asks her out. On a friendly outing of course, but still, for Tara this was a big step forward in their friendship.

Willow groaned internally. It was Saturday tomorrow. Tara probably had plans.

“Umm Tara, if you have plans, which you probably do, we could make it another night. I didn’t mean to assume you didn’t and that you’d drop everything to go on a movie d-a uhm, night with me.” Willow almost froze mid sentence. Was she just about to say date? For some reason, date had been the first word that had popped into Willow’s mind.

Tara had heard Willow almost use the word date. She pretended to miss the slip and smiled at Willow, “A m-movie sounds like a good plan, but can we make it next week instead?”

Willow smiled in relief.

“Sure, how about a matinee. Then we can grab an early dinner.”

“S-sure,” answered Tara.

Xander interrupted Willow’s thoughts.
“How many cards do you want Wil?” he asked.

“What?” answered Willow, thoughts of Tara momentarily left behind.

“Cards Wil, the little pieces of paper you are currently holding in your hand. How many more do you want?”

“Oh right, cards. How about three.”

“Okey dockey, three goodies coming right up,” said Xander as he continued to deal.

Willow tuned out again and smiled as her thoughts lingered.
She was unaware of the look of interest Anya was giving her.

Saturday night (two weeks ago), Willow had ended up going out with Buffy and Riley.
Another night where she felt as though she was the third wheel.
It had sounded like a better plan then sitting in her room alone...

Sitting at a table in the Bronze, Willow wondered what Tara was doing.

She had never asked Tara what her plans were. It had made her feel disappointed when Tara had told her she was busy tonight, which was a feeling she hadn’t experienced with her before. She would have much preferred spending tonight with Tara. She really enjoyed her company and tonight, well tonight she missed her.

Weird she thought. I miss her and I just saw her last night.

Tara always seemed to make her feel happy inside. Maybe it was the way Tara always listened to her, made her feel that she was important, even special.

She continued to sit at the table watching Riley make mooneyes at Buffy.

She glanced around the club.

Maybe she should go and dance.

Alone.

Maybe not.

Her gaze moved towards the pool table in the corner.
A group of girls were gathered around it playing and laughing.

She wistfully looked in their direction. They looked like they were having fun.

She eyed a short brunette handing a pool cue to a blonde haired girl. The girl took the cue, her back to Willow. She leaned over the table and played her shot.

Willow noticed the girl’s backside as she leant over the table.
The black pants she wore were really tight.

Nice figure, thought Willow.

She continued to watch as the girl played her shot. She sunk a ball.

She plays really well.

It was then that the girl turned, and with a lopsided smile, she high-fived the short brunette.

Willow stared.

It was Tara.

The blonde haired girl was Tara.

She was looking amazing tonight.
Willow’s eyes lingered over Tara’s attire. She was really looking beautiful tonight.

Why hadn’t I noticed that before? she wondered.

She continued to watch, thankful for Riley’s height, as it kept her hidden from Tara’s view.

The short brunette leant in and said something to Tara.
It must have been funny as it made Tara laugh.

I make her laugh too, thought Willow. And this reaction surprised her. She was feeling jealous.

She shook her head and chided her thoughts.

She kept watching Tara and nodded when appropriate to Buffy and Riley’s chatter.

She hadn’t seen Tara this carefree before.
Sure, they’d always had a good time together. Tonight though, for the first time, she saw Tara without the shyness.

Why was Tara so shy around her?
Did she make her nervous?

She kept watching the pool game.

Maybe I should go over and say hello, thought Willow.

If Tara saw her now, it would seem rude if she didn’t.
For some reason she felt nervous approaching her friend.

Silly she thought, she was just going to go over and say hello.

She took a few sips of her drink. With newfound alcohol induced courage, she turned to Buffy. “I just spotted Tara playing pool. I’m going to go say hello. Be back soon.”

Buffy nodded and continued to swoon over Riley.

###

Willow walked purposely towards the pool table. She counted three girls in total, excluding Tara.

Weaving her way through the crowd she approached Tara from behind and gently patted her shoulder.

Tara turned around, her face lighting up into a smile, and then she shyly cast her eyes downwards.

“W-willow, what a surprise.”

“Hi Tara. I saw you playing and thought I better come over and say howdy. I came with Buffy and Riley tonight, although I don’t really think they’ll remember that.”

“Oh,” spoke Tara softly.

“Yeh, they’re all with the mooneyes and smiles.”

“I’m s-sure it’s not that bad.”

“Well, not really I guess. You look like you’re having a fun evening.” Willow then looked around at the girls.

The short brunette was standing alongside Tara.
Willow turned her attention to the other girls and missed the exchange as the brunette leant into Tara and whispered, “Aha, so that’s Willow. I think they’ll be some mooneyes going on here tonight.”

Tara blushed. “Um , Willow, t-these are m-my friends f-from...”

The brunette interrupted, “Hi Willow, I’m Eva. We’re from Tara’s study group.”

Tara looked at Eva in relief. Now was not the time to come out to Willow and introduce her to the ‘Lesbian Alliance’ group.

“Oh, that’s so good that you guys hang out. My study group are, well, not very friendly. What do you guys study?”

The tall lanky girl standing across from Eva snickered.
Eva gave her a ‘be quiet look’ and turned to Willow, quickly saying, “Women’s Ethics.”

“Cool. Sounds interesting,” said Willow.

The tall lanky girl held her hand across the table. “I’m Helen and this is my gir….” She stopped mid-sentence as Eva glared at her. Helen rolled her eyes, “I mean this is my friend Stacey.”

Stacey smiled at Willow and said hello.
If Willow hadn’t been too busy looking at Tara, she would have wondered about the exchange. As it were, her gaze lingered on Tara’s face.
Tara was unaware of the attention.

Eva however was not. Hmm she thought, maybe there is hope for Tara after all.
She smiled at the thought. Since meeting Tara a few months ago and trying to draw her out more, she had come to value her as a friend. Over the months she had heard countless stories about Willow – Tara’s straight crush, as the girls liked to call it.

Helen and Stacey were adamant in their opinion that Tara should just come out to Willow, then get her drunk and make a move.
Tara had been horrified by the suggestion and had stuttered for a good five minutes.

Eva, being the older and more sensible one of the group, had offered Tara what she really needed - a friend to talk to about her growing attraction.

“So Willow, do you play pool?” asked Eva.

Tara had reverted back to her shy self.

“A little. I’m not very good though. Unlike Tara here – why didn’t you tell me you played. From where I was watching you seemed pretty good.”

“Um, you were w-atching me?”

“Yeh, are you sure you’re not a little pool hustler?”

Helen and Stacey exchanged a look.

Tara blushed.

Eva came to the rescue once more, “So Willow, how about a game? You and Tara against Helen and Stacey?”

“Sure, sounds like fun, but go easy on me, I’m pretty new at this,” answered Willow as she took the offered pool cue from Eva.

“I’m sure Tara can give you a few pointers,” said Helen, winking at Tara.

Tara blushed again and Eva glared at Helen.

Stacey racked the table and a new game began.

Willow tried to sink a few balls to keep up with the girls. They were all really good, especially Tara.

Eva continued to watch the exchange between the two girls.
Tara was shy and nervous while Willow talked – a lot.
She also noticed the way that Willow looked at Tara. If Eva wasn’t mistaken, Willow seemed to be giving her a lot of unnecessary touches. There was definitely an attraction between the two.

Willow was having a good time with the girls, even though she pretty much sucked at pool.

Tara had helped her with a few shots, and for some reason, the last turn of play, when Tara had reached over and held her arm against the pool cue; she had felt a tingling sensation in the pit of her stomach.

What was it about Tara tonight that made her babble like an idiot and feel all hot and sweaty whenever she looked at her?

Willow felt giddy everytime Tara came close to her. It was as though she was nervous and excited all at once. She pondered this thought as she watched Tara play her turn.

She liked Tara.
That was obvious.

She liked spending time with Tara and doing magic with her.

She looked forward to seeing Tara, and tonight, well tonight she had missed her company. Could it be she was just lonely? Since Oz had left she really didn’t have anyone that was just for her. These thoughts made her stop and stare at Tara.

Was that what Tara was, someone just for her?
Wasn’t that a bit weird, wanting a friend that was just for her?

A word suddenly popped into her head – attraction.

These feelings were…
She stopped all movement and gulped.

She was attracted to Tara.

She then dropped her cue, which then proceeded to roll under the pool table.

Tara had finished her shot and turned to Willow, who she found, was rummaging under the table.

Tara watched Willow’s figure as it bent and squirmed. She felt her skin flush.

“Got it!” spoke Willow as she crawled out, almost hitting her head. “Just dropping the cue, clumsy me.” She stood and brushed her pants. She was unaware of the view she was giving Tara, as her chest leant forward.

Tara tried not to look…for a second, and then found her eyes peering into creamy mounds of Willow-breast. She dry swallowed and swayed, missing the table, almost stumbling over completely, until she felt Eva’s hand holding her steady.

“You might be best to keep your eyes upright tonight Tara,” Eva whispered in her ear.

Tara felt her face burn from embarrassment. “Although,” continued Eva, “It was a pretty good view.” With that she swatted Tara’s arm playfully.

Willow, unaware of the attention, finished brushing her pants and turned to Tara, “So, whose turn is it?”

Tara, still recovering, tried to speak.

Eva, came to the rescue again, “Helen and Stacey actually won Willow. Stacey just sunk the black ball.”

“Oh, well, yeh for them,” said Willow.

Tara, having taken a few deep breaths, felt capable of speech. “D-do you w-want to have a re-m-match Willow?” and maybe drop your pool cue a few more times.

“A re-match, ah, now, maybe not, I mean, I think I need to rest a bit. What with the cuing and the pooling – whew, who knew pool could be so intense. But not like marathon intense, cause that would just be strange, more like…”

And this time Tara came to the rescue, “H-how about a d-drink then instead?”

Willow smiled at Tara in relief, “Sure that’d be nice.”

Eva watched on while Helen and Stacey rolled their eyes.

Willow smiled at the memory. She’d had fun with Tara and had enjoyed meeting her friends. Later on in the night, when she had been alone with Tara enjoying a drink with her, she had come to the full conclusion that she liked Tara and was, in actual fact, attracted to her.

The thought had been like a delayed reaction, all of a sudden coming to the surface at full speed. Once she acknowledged it, she had started to relax for the rest of the evening and had just enjoyed being with Tara.

Xanders voice interrupted Willow’s wondering thoughts.
“Earth to Willow,” spoke Xander, who was handing her the pack of cards, “it’s your deal.”

“Yes,” said Anya, “hurry up so I can win more money.”

“Ahn,” spoke Xander, “it isn’t real money. Remember, we’re playing with monopoly money. Which is, as far as I am aware, not a valid currency.”

“Well it should be,” replied Anya.

“What?”

“I said it should be,” said Anya

“Why is that?” asked Xander, wondering what crazy thoughts were running through her head this time.

“Well, for one thing, the notes are more colorful, and I like the little monopoly moustache man very much. He’s quiet appealing.”

“And in what dimension would that be honey? The ‘I like little hairy men’ one?”

“No, don’t be silly. There is no dimension that likes little hairy men, although there is one that likes little hairy women,” spoke Anya.

“There’s a dimension that likes little hairy women?” asked Willow.

“Oh yes, the hairier the better.”

“Well I guess that would save on razors,” said Willow.

“Wil, don’t encourage her. Please, just deal the cards.”

Willow shuffled the pack and proceeded to deal.

She looked at her cards.

A handful of hearts.

She smiled wistfully.

Hearts.

Tara.

Willow and Tara had gone to the movies last week…

Willow was waiting for Tara outside the movie theatre.
It had been a week since the pool night.
The days in-between they had resumed their usual regime of mocha’s and spells.

The time spent with Tara felt different now for Willow. She found herself looking at Tara more - really looking at her. Had she always been this beautiful?

Willow felt as though foggy glasses had been removed and she was
finally now able to see clearly.

Tara had caught her on several occasions and had given her a quirky smile each time.

Willow had lay awake at night, pondering the attraction. What did this mean for her now? A memory had lurked to the surface, a memory of her vampire self. Were these feelings so surprising? She didn’t think so, as she thought about it some more. Deep down they must have always been there.
Hidden, or maybe just denied.
Oz lingered in her thoughts as well. Had she really been happy with him, or had it just been comfortable and safe.
Maybe a bit of both.
When she thought of Tara she felt happy, excited and most of all complete. A feeling, she realized, she never shared with Oz.

So, she now concluded she liked Tara – a lot.

What about Tara’s feelings? She knew Tara liked her as a friend.

Could there be more?

And that was the big question she had no answer to.

Willow watched Tara approach the movie theatre.

She watched how Tara kept her head lowered, so no one could see her face. She was so painfully shy. Willow concluded she would have to instigate a bold maneuver, and at this stage, she didn’t have the courage. No, she would need more time.
What she really needed now was advice. Someone to talk too.

She mentally ticked off Buffy from her list of ‘who should I talk to’ friends, and that made her a little sad. Had they grown apart that much that she couldn’t talk to her about this? Maybe at this stage she needed someone who would listen to her and not freak out. Was it wrong of her to assume Buffy would? Possibly.

For a second she thought of Giles, and then quickly shook her head. Apart from him being, well, just ‘too British’, she didn’t think she would be able to concentrate and tell him her newfound feelings while he cleaned his glasses repeatedly.

She then thought of Xander. He wasn’t her ideal choice, partly because she suspected he might actually enjoy this new development. Xander was however the most approachable. With newfound resolve she made up her mind. The next time it was just the two of them; she would talk to him about Tara and about what she should do.
She felt a little lighter now that she had a course of action.

She cleared her mind of all these thoughts as Tara approached.
“Hey,” she said, as Tara came closer.

“H-hi Willow.”

“How are you?”

“G-good, I’m good. And y-you?” asked Tara.

Willow smiled, “Great.”
She then reached for Tara’s hand. “Let’s go watch this movie.”

They had walked hand in hand into the theatre. The whole time Willow had worn a big goofy smile.

During the previews they had whispered about their day. Willow leaning into Tara, getting as close as could be, without actually sitting in her lap.

Then, when the movie had started, Willow had stolen fleeting looks in Tara’s direction. She had listened to Tara laugh as the movie played on, a sound she loved.

She had ended up watching Tara more than the movie - and when Tara had felt her stare, she had turned to her, asking if everything was okay. All Willow had been able to do was nod and smile, when all she had wanted to do was kiss her.

Willow felt herself blush at the memory.
Her thoughts were broken as Anya threw a card at her.
“Hey!” cried Willow.

“Stop zoning out. It’s rude and I’m getting sick of it. This whole night you haven’t cared once about the money. You keep sitting there, eyes glazing over, and randomly smiling. You’re starting to look happy, which is just wrong.”

Willow turned to Anya. “It’s wrong to be happy?”

“Yes! You’re usually all gloomy and sad, ever since Oz left you. Now you’re all happy and, well happy. It’s not fair. I want to be happy like you!” she then glared at Xander, “Why aren’t you making me happy. Come on,” she continued, “let’s go have sex.”

“Ahn, Wil’s still here.”

Willow placed her cards on the table and stood. “No, it’s okay guys, why don’t we call it a night. It’s been nice and umm, fun, but I should go. Early class and all tomorrow.”

Xander looked disappointed. “Are you sure Willow, you don’t have to go.”
He turned to Anya.

“Oh alright,” spoke Anya, “Willow can stay, if she must. But no more happy eyes.”

Willow smiled at the two of them. “I’ll see myself out.”

Anya kept watching Willow as she left.

Something was up. Willow was too happy.

PART 2

Two days after the poker night, Willow decided she would go see Xander.
She would talk to him about Tara. Hopefully he would have some advice for her, and possibly some strategies on how she could approach Tara about her feelings.

Willow paced outside Xander’s basement door.

She was nervous and a little scared.
What if he freaked?

She shook her head. No. Xander wouldn’t do that to her.

With determination she knocked on his door.

As she waited and pondered what she was actually going to say to Xander, the door opened and Anya appeared.

“Oh hey Anya, is Xander home?”

“No.”

“Okay then. Do you know where he is?”

“Yes.”

“Which is where?”

“Selling those horrible health bars to small frightened children, I suppose.”

Willow sighed. Talking to Anya was exasperating.
“Do you know if he will be a while?”

“Hard to say.”

“Can I come in and wait?”

Anya looked surprised. “You want to wait for Xander?” Her eyes suddenly darkened at Willow. “Oh, I get it.”

Willow looked confused. “Get what?”

“Your happy moods. Don’t think I haven’t noticed missy. What, with the blushing and wistful smiles. Well you can’t have him. Ever!”

Willow took a moment to absorb the gush of Anya’s words.
She was completely confused and responded with, “Huh?”

“Oh don’t play innocent with me Willow. Ever since Oz left, you’ve been sad. Now suddenly, over the last few weeks you’ve been happy. Very happy.”

Willow pondered the thought. Happy. Yes, she had been and she knew now where that happiness stemmed from.
“I’ve seemed happy?” Was it that obvious she thought?

“Of course. Almost too happy.” Anya looked her over carefully, “Are you on drugs?”

“What? No, no drugs.” Well, maybe a little love drug. She smiled.

“Ha! I knew it. You’re smirking now. You’re thinking of Xander and smirking. Right in front of me! You’re like Glenn Close from ‘Fatal Attraction’ - all with the pleasantries when you’ve been going behind my back.” Anya paled, “You don’t have a bunny with you?”

“What Anya, what are you talking about?”

“Fine, play dumb with the ex-demon.”

Willow took a deep breath and counted to three.
“Anya, I have no idea what crazy thoughts are whirling inside your head, but believe me, whatever you are thinking, stop.”

“So you’re not trying to steal Xander?”

Willow looked at Anya and laughed.

“What’s so funny?” asked Anya.

“God Anya, you think I’ve been mooning over Xander?”

“Well, yes.”

“Oh you’re too much.” Willow wiped her eyes from the tears of laughter.

“Then why were you so happy when you were here the other night?”

Cause I’d just been with her, thought Willow.

“Well?” asked Anya.

“Umm, it’s a long story and one I would prefer to talk with Xander about.”

“Well you can’t.”

“Why?” asked Willow.

“Doesn’t anyone listen to me? He isn’t here.”

“I’ll come back later then,” said Willow, feeling drained from the conversation with Anya. She should have phoned Xander first.

Anya watched Willow retreating. Xander would probably be annoyed at her if he knew she had turned Willow away.

“Wait, Willow.”

Willow turned around.

“Come inside.”

“You’re not wearing your hat,” spoke Anya after an awkward moment of silence, “It looked nice.”

They were sitting on the lounge in Xander’s basement.

Willow subconsciously reached for her head. “It’s in the wash.”

“I have a hat made out of reindeer fur,” spoke Anya, trying to make conversation.

Willow looked at Anya as though she were a crazy person.

“It was very sheik back in 1724.”

"I bet," mumbled Willow.

“You could borrow it sometime.”

“I couldn’t. It sounds too lovely to wear out …in public.”

Anya beamed. “That’s just what Xander says.”

I bet, thought Willow.

“Are we girlfriends now?” blurted Anya.

“What!” gasped Willow.

“Oh, I know you have Buffy, but we’re doing all the girl talk now, connecting over clothes and fashion. Just like real girlfriends,” said Anya excitedly.

“Umm, sure.”

“Great! So tell me, who is he?”

Willow was confused.

“The penis you’ve been admiring.”

Willow choked, “God Anya, crude much!”

Anya smiled. “Your happiness, it’s because of someone isn’t it? If it’s not Xander it must be someone else. A ‘boy’ someone else.”

“Umm, not exactly.”

“So it is Xander! I knew it - you are like Glenn Close, but without the busty boobs.”

“Hey!”

“Back stabbing…”

“God Anya!’ And before she could stop her train of speech she blurted, “It’s a she okay. A girl. I have feelings for a girl.” She felt her face turning red at the declaration.

“Not for Xander?”

“No,” muttered Willow.

“Do you wish Xander was a girl?”

“What?” Willow looked at Anya in shock.

“Well, if you have feelings for girls, maybe you want Xander to be a girl, so you could like him, well, not him, cause he’d be a her. Damn it,” Anya stood and paced, “You’re a witch so you could do it, a spell I mean – to turn Xander into a woman. Then where would I be?”

Anya pointed an accusing finger at Willow. “Have you done it already, turned Xander into a woman?”

“Are you insane?” spoke Willow, who was looking at Anya as though she had grown two heads.

“Cause if you have, I’ll…I’ll turn myself into a lesbian and win him back, umm, her I mean. Don’t you think I can’t missy. I’ll…

This time Willow had had enough of Anya’s ridiculous accusations.
“Anya, quiet. Please.” Willow rubbed her temples. “ I’m attracted to Tara, you know Tara, my new friend. Not Xander.”

Anya let the words sink in. She smiled and took a seat again next to Willow.
“So you definitely don’t want Xander.”

“No!”

Anya sighed in relief. “Well good for you, about liking Tara I mean. That’s very good news. Let’s celebrate.”

Willow looked at Anya in confusion. “You don’t care that I like Tara?”

“Nope.”

“You’re not shocked?”

Anya patted Willow’s knee. “I have met your vampire self you know. Nope, no shock here. I fully support your new lesbian endeavor.”

Willow laughed. All the tension she had been feeling evaporated. She turned to Anya. “I was coming over here today to tell Xander about Tara. I kinda needed someone to talk to.”

“Well, we’re talking.”

Willow looked down at her hands.

“What, I’m not good enough to talk too. Is that it? The ex-demon won’t understand, is that what your thinking?” Her voice was rising in agitation.

Willow looked up at Anya’s hurt expression in surprise. “What, no, that’s not what I’m thinking. You’ve been very, umm, interesting to talk to.”

“Really.” Anya beamed again, “So have you had sex with Tara yet?”

“What!”

“That’s what you want to talk about isn’t it?”

“No, well not yet, I mean, no of course not! It’s not about sex.”

“Sure,' said Anya, with a knowing smirk.

“I don’t even know if Tara likes me that way, let alone wants to have sex with me, and I can’t believe I just said that.” She glared at Anya, “Your insane talk is contagious, you know that?”

“So, go and tell Tara you like her. Better yet, go to her dorm room naked. It worked for Xander…”

Willow shook her head, “Anya, I’m not going to Tara’s room naked.”

“Fine, be boring.”

Willow sighed. “I just…I just want to know what I should do now. I mean I don’t even know if she is gay. And cause I like Tara, does that mean I’m gay? Its just all so confusing.”

“So, go talk to Tara.”

“Anya, it’s not that simple.”

“Why not? Why do humans always make things so hard?”

“What if she freaks out? I could lose her as a friend,” said Willow quietly.

Anya watched Willow closely. She was becoming sad again. For some reason Anya didn’t like that.

This was the first time the two of them had been alone together having an actual conversation. And she liked it. She liked talking to Willow.

They were girlfriends now she thought, and she had read somewhere that girlfriends help each other out.

“I’ll do it!” Anya proclaimed out loud.

Willow turned to her in surprise, “Do what?”

“Help you with Tara.”

Tara was sitting alone at a table in the library, browsing through art magazines. Every few pages she would stop her reading, the words no longer making sense as her thoughts turned to Willow.

Since the night at the Bronze, she had found it harder and harder to be around Willow without showing her true affections.

She had noticed Willow being more attentive to her, which she found even more difficult. Willow seemed to be looking at her more which didn’t make sense to Tara, nonetheless, it made her feel giddy and happy.

As she was pondering Willow, she didn’t hear Eva approach.

“Hi Tara, thought I might find you here.”

Tara looked up at the sound of Eva’s voice and smiled. “H-hey Eva.”

Taking a seat, Eva spoke, “You weren’t at group today.”

Tara looked down at her hands. “N-no.”

Eva continued, “The girls seemed to like meeting Willow the other night. Stacey even said she was cute.”

The comment made Tara smile.

“So what are you going to do?” asked Eva.

“W-hat?”

“Come on Tara, you’ve been avoiding us all week cause you don’t want to hear what we’ve got to say.”

“I-I d-don’t know what you mean.”

“You should talk to Willow about your feelings,” said Eva gently.

“I-I can’t. I’m n-not even out to h-her.”

“So, get out there. Open that closet door and wave your rainbow flag. You’ll feel better.” Eva gently took one of Tara’s hands. “If Willow is really as nice as you say she is, she won’t turn away from you just because you’re a lesbian.”

“B-ut…”

“No Tara. You’re going to be brave. Today you’re going to march up to Willow and tell her you’re a big juicy lesbian. Then, you’re going to tell her that you find her attractive. Then…”

“I g-get it Eva,” spoke Tara softly while trying not to grin, “but do I have to use the word ‘juicy’?”

Eva laughed. “No, I guess not, but it would be kind of fun if you did.”

Willow and Anya were walking through the campus grounds.

“So exactly how are you going to help me again?” asked Willow, hurrying along to keep up with Anya’s mad gallop.

“Easy. You’re going to show me where Tara’s dorm room is. I will then make a friendly visit and interrogate her. Discreetly of course.”

“What!” Willow stopped walking and grabbed Anya’s hand.

Anya stood smiling at Willow. “You think it’s a good plan too! I knew it. Maybe afterwards we could all get ice cream. Girlfriends do that you know. Not that we’d all be girlfriends then. No, you and Tara would be lesbian girlfriends, and I’d be your straight girlfriend. Oh it’s so exciting isn’t it Willow!”

“Huh?”

“Us as girlfriends, me helping you and you being nice to me. You not liking Xander and me asking Tara out for you.”

Willow paled. “Hey, no, that’s not the plan. You’re not asking Tara out for me!”

“Oh Willow, don’t get jealous. Its just part of the plan.”

Willow rubbed her temples. She could feel a headache coming on. As her gaze wandered she noticed two familiar faces standing in the distance. They were holding hands and leaning in very close together. She continued to watch their interaction.

“Gee, they seem really close friends,” said Willow quietly.

“Who?” asked Anya, wondering what had engaged Willow’s attention.

“Helen and Stacey. I met them last week. They’re friends of Tara.”

“Where are they?”

“Over there, by the quad.” Pointed Willow.

Anya looked in the direction and saw two girls holding hands.
She then proceeded to watch as they leant into each other and kissed.
Minutes passed.

“Wow, those girls really know how to pucker up,” said an impressed Anya.

Willow just stared, her mouth agape.

“They’re still going at it – do you think they’ll have to come up for air soon?” asked Anya turning to Willow.

“Huh?”

“The two lesbians that are Tara’s friends. Do you think they’ll have to…”

“They’re lesbians!” Realization hit Willow. Tara’s friends were lesbians.

“Well duh Willow. Of course they are.”

“No Anya,” Willow said excitedly, “if Tara’s friends are lesbians, then she must be open minded.”

“Or a lesbian herself,” said Anya matter-of-factly.

“What?” Willow hadn’t thought of that. If Tara was, then that could mean Willow had a chance with her. Willow’s mind quickly analyzed time spent with Tara. There had never been any mention of boyfriends or dating – no mention of guys at all. Her mind flashed back to Saturday night. Hadn’t Tara said she and her friends met in a group?

Tara had said study group. Hadn’t that seemed a little strange at the time - a study group on ‘Women’s Ethics’?

Willow smiled to herself. Could it be they were all members of a campus lesbian group?

Why wouldn’t Tara tell her this though?

Maybe she thought she was a homophobe?

She knew how shy Tara was - maybe Tara was just too shy to tell her.

With newfound resolve she turned to Anya, “I’ve got a better plan.”

Tara left the library feeling somewhat more confident after talking with Eva.
Although the thought of coming out to Willow still terrified her, she knew what Eva had said made sense. She needed to be upfront and honest with Willow. What sort of friendship could they continue to have? She knew her sexuality was bound to come up sooner or later. The longer she left it, the more awkward it would be.

With a course of action in place, she headed towards Willow’s dorm room. She’d come out to Willow today.

Willow strode towards Helen and Stacey.

Anya followed closely behind.

“Hi guys,” said Willow smiling. The pair had not noticed her approach.
They quickly unlocked lips and turned to Willow with startled expressions.

“Umm, Willow right?” said a red-faced Helen.

Stacey nodded a greeting.

“This is my friend Anya,” continued Willow.

“Hello fellow lesbians,” spoke Anya excitedly, “I haven’t seen you in group before?”

Willow kept smiling.

“Arh, group?” asked Helen confused.

“Yes,” said Anya, “the campus lesbian group.”

“Oh the group,” said Helen. She looked at Willow a little confused.

Willow knows about the group, Helen thought.
Maybe Tara had finally come out to Willow and talked about the group to her. And who is this strange girl called Anya?

“Yes the group that Tara attends,” interrupted Willow quickly. She breathed deeply waiting for the answer.

Helen relaxed. “Oh so Tara finally told you. That’s good. She was so worried you wouldn’t understand. You look like you do though,” she gave a little wink to Anya.

Man is Tara going to be disappointed thought Helen. It looks like Willow already has a girlfriend.

Anya beamed. The tall lesbian was flirting with her.

Willow looked to Helen then to Anya. Oh-oh, she thought, does Helen think Anya and I are…

Stacey interrupted her thoughts. “So Willow, how long have you and Anya been together?”

“What?” squeaked Willow.

Anya proceeded to butt in. “Oh, we’re not together. Willow likes…”

Willow swatted Anya on the arm and in muttered breaths whispered, “Stick to the plan.”

Anya turned and rubbed her arm. “No need to get all large and butch,” she whispered back between gritted teeth.

Willow turned and smiled at Stacey and Helen who were looking at the two girls in confusion.

“Alrighty, so who knows if Tara is seeing anyone?” asked Anya brightly.

Willow groaned.

Helen turned to Stacey and shrugged her shoulders.

“Umm, she doesn’t have a girlfriend at the moment,” answered Stacey.

“Okay, that’s good. Does she like anyone?” continued Anya, unaware of the worried glance Helen was giving Stacey.

Willow watched on, trying to keep up her smiling façade, instead of hitting Anya.

“Umm, you’d probably be best to ask her that Anya,” spoke Stacey, who at this stage was feeling a little uncomfortable about this strange encounter. She briefly looked at Willow and turned away.

“Don’t you worry about that missy. Willow here will be on the case…”

Before Anya could finish, Willow grabbed her hand and turned to Helen and Stacey, “We’ve gotta go, nice running into you. Bye.” She then proceeded to drag Anya in the opposite direction.

Stacey turned to Helen, “What do you think that was all about?”

Helen shrugged, “I have no idea, but that Anya girl is really weird. Next time at group, if we see her, let’s not sit next to her - okay?”

Stacey nodded in agreement.

Willow was roughly dragging Anya along.

“Stick to the plan I said. Just ask a few discrete questions, but no! You have to be, well you!” ranted Willow. She was trying to take deep breaths.

“Hey now!” complained Anya, shaking free from Willows grip, “I’ll have you know I was being very discrete. I helped you confirm that Tara is a lesbian, has no girlfriend, and probably likes you from all accounts - judging from the way Stacey and Helen acted.”

Willow stopped. “What did you just say?”

“I said - Tara is a lesbian.”

“No after that,” spoke Willow anxiously.

“Tara has no girlfriend. Doesn’t anyone listen to me?”

“No, not that, the other part, that she probably likes me.”

“Yes, she probably does. Didn’t you see the way Stacey looked at you when I asked if Tara liked anyone.”

“Umm no. Oh wait, that’s right, I was too busy being embarrassed by your bizarre attempt at human conversation!”

Anya turned to Willow scowling, “You should be thanking me for my help. I don’t know if I want a girlfriend who is always yelling at me. I have a boyfriend who does that thank you very much.”

Willow took several deep breaths. In her mind she chanted ‘serenity now, serenity now’.

Anya crossed her arms and continued to scowl at Willow, “You should be apologizing to me. You come to me for help and guidance, and what do I get in return. Nothing. Not even ice cream.”

Willow rubbed her temples. “I’m sorry Anya.”

Anya loosened her shoulders a little.

“I appreciated your help with the plan,” spoke Willow, trying not to grimace.

“You really did, you’re not just saying that?” asked Anya.

“ I did.” In a bizarre sort of way Anya had actually provided more information in one day than she could have possibly obtained on her own. It was just the way she went about things that exasperated Willow.

Anya un-folded her arms and then leant in and gave Willow a hug.

“What are you doing?” asked Willow in surprise.

“Giving you a hug. It’s what girlfriends do after they have a fight. After I fight with Xander we usually…”

Willow pulled away, “Okay then, that was… very nice Anya.”

“You don’t want to hear what Xander and I do after we fight?”

“Umm, maybe some other time. Right now I…”

“You want to get back to the plan,” finished Anya.

“Yeh.”

“Okay then, so I guess you don’t need me for this part?”

Willow thought of Tara. She needed to go see her.

Now.

Alone.

Before her courage up and left her.

She looked at Anya. As infuriating as she was, she had really helped her today.

“I should do this part alone. But Anya, thanks for today.”

Anya smiled at her. “That’s what girlfriends do.”

Willow moved to go but before she walked away, she turned once more to her. “You think Tara could really like me?”

Anya rolled her eyes. “Of course Willow, I think you make a very appealing lesbian.”

Tara walked quickly across the quad. She was a girl on a mission.
Head down, arms a-stride, she missed Helen calling out to her.

“Hey, Tara,” Helen repeated.

This time Tara stopped and looked up. She saw Helen and Stacey approaching.

“Hi g-guys. I’m in a bit of a r-rush.”

Stacey smiled. ‘That’s okay - this won’t take long. We just wanted to come over and congratulate you on coming out to Willow. That took a lot of courage. I’m really glad it worked out so well for you.”

Tara froze. “W-what?” she stuttered.

Helen patted her on the arm. “Tara, don’t be so modest. We ran into Willow just before, well, she actually came over to us. Have you met her friend Anya? She’s really strange. Hot looking, but strange.”

Tara felt her breathing quicken. “Wh-at did you actually say to W-willow?”

“Nothing really, Willow just mentioned group and Anya said she hadn’t seen us there before. Which is kinda good, cause, although she seems to like Willow, she’s just too weird.”

Tara felt as though she was about to have an anxiety attack. Willow knew about the group. That meant that Willow knew she was a lesbian. When did she find out?

Stacey looked at Tara. “Well, we better let you get back to what you need to do. Oh, and another thing, Anya asked about you too - whether you were seeing anyone or liked anyone.”

“W-hat did you s-say?”

“I said she should ask you,” Stacey paused for a moment and continued, “no offence Tara, but if it doesn’t work out with Willow, I wouldn’t get involved with Anya. I think she would be too high maintenance.”

With that comment the two girls walked away leaving Tara alone.

Why would Anya ask if she had a girlfriend, Tara wondered. Something strange was going on. Could Willow be…no she’s straight – wasn’t she? And Anya, where did she fit into this. What if her and Willow were…
No, she removed that thought.

Taking deep breaths Tara slowly re-started her journey.

She would go to Willow’s dorm.

They really needed to talk, now more than ever.

Willow was pacing outside Tara’s room. She had knocked several times just to make sure Tara heard. She looked at her watch. It was almost dinnertime.

Maybe Tara was at the cafeteria.

She decided to head in that direction.

Tara had knocked several times on Willow’s door. No answer.

Maybe Willow had gone for dinner.

Willow entered the cafeteria and began a search for Tara.

She didn’t appear to be sitting at any of the tables.

Willow walked towards the dinning cart and froze.

Tara was directly in front of her.

They looked at each other.

Tara felt her breath quicken.

Willow was just smiling at her.

She watched as Willow moved closer.

“Hi Tara.”

“W-willow, hey.”

“Do you want to go sit outside with me. There’s something I need to talk to you about.”

Tara breathed deeply. “O-okay,” she whispered.

Willow took hold of Tara’s hand and led her out into the courtyard.

They took a seat under a large elm tree.

Willow smiled at Tara shyly.

Now that she was alone with Tara, she was feeling nervous.

Tara too was suddenly feeling nervous and shy, well shyer than normal.

“Tara, I ran into Stacey and Helen before.”

“I k-know.”

Nerves got the best of Willow and before she could understand what Tara had said she babbled out quickly, “I sort of had Anya with me, which is really a story all of its own, and I kind of mislead them so I could find out something about you, and now I feel guilty… and…hold on, did you just say that you know?”

Tara had listened intently to Willow’s words. So she didn’t know until today. Why all of a sudden would she be asking about the group?

Willow was watching Tara closely, waiting for an answer.

“I k-kind of ran into S-Stacey and Helen as w-well,” said Tara quietly.

“Oh.”

“Willow, I’m r-really confused, so m-maybe it’s best if you let me talk first.”

Willow reached for Tara’s hand. “I think I want to talk first, just while my nerves are still semi- strong. Is that okay?”

Tara gave her a quirky smile. “Semi-strong nerves?”

“Yeh, you kind of have that affect on me.”

Tara blushed. This conversation wasn’t what she was expecting.

Willow lowered her eyes; she couldn’t look at Tara while she spoke, “Have you ever woken up one day and realized something about yourself that was probably always there but you just didn’t know it. And then all of a sudden all these feelings, which have probably been repressed, or, I don’t know, denied, come flooding to the surface. Then everything seems different. And you feel alone with these thoughts and scared.”

“Scared?” asked Tara.

“Yeh, but not in a ‘scary horror movie’ kind of way, more scared in a ‘what’s everything going to be like now’ kind of way. Am I making any sense?”

Before Tara could answer Willow jumped in again, “What I’m trying to say is I’ve started feeling attracted to you. I think it started when we played pool that night. All of a sudden I started looking at you in a non-platonic way. And then I started wondering, how am I going to tell you this.”

“H-have you worked that out y-yet,” asked Tara softly, smiling brightly, “how you’ll tell me?”

Willow raised her eyes to the sound of Tara’s voice and noticed her smile. It was warm and bright.

“You’re smiling at me.”

“I am,” whispered Tara who was staring at Willow intently.

“That’s good then – right?”

Tara laughed softly. “V-very good.”

“So, I know you are, do you think you could, with me?” Willow closed her eyes and held her breath, waiting for Tara’s response.

She didn’t hear Tara speak.

Instead, she felt soft lips brush against her own, then they were gone.
She opened her eyes and watched the way Tara was staring at her.
Her face, Willow noticed, was lit up into a bright, glowing smile.

She hadn’t seen Tara look this happy.

Willow leant in and returned Tara’s kiss.

It was warm and gentle.

To Willow, it was perfect.

She slowly moved her lips away and looked at Tara. “I guess this means we are no longer platonic friends?”

Tara laughed.

“Does this mean then?” asked Willow, still needing confirmation.

Moving closer, Tara leant into Willow so they were almost sharing the same breath.
“It mean’s Wil, that I’m yours.”

She then kissed Willow again.

EPILOGUE

One week later…

“I’m glad you invited me to group Tara,” said Willow as she looked around the circle of seated women.

“I t-thought you might find it helpful, and b-besides, “ Tara said, as she lowered her voice, “I w-wanted to show you off.”

“Tara!” giggled Willow as she reached for Tara’s hand and held it close.

Eva was sitting across from the girls and was pleased they had both come today. She was thrilled that Tara had, as they say ‘gotten the girl’.
She continued to watch their interactions, smiling each time Willow leant in to whisper something to Tara, or Tara would gently rub Willow’s back.
If she wasn’t mistaken, she was looking at the early stages of love.

The group meeting was just finishing up when in barged Anya, carrying a brightly colored gift basket. A small rainbow flag balloon was sprouting from the top.

“Hello lesbians - how are we today?” She exclaimed as she eyed Willow and Tara, proceeding in their direction.

Helen and Stacey quickly cowered down low in their seats, trying not to draw any attention.
“If she becomes a regular honey, I don’t think I can keep coming,” whispered Helen.

Oblivious to the stares she was receiving, Anya continued to close in on Willow and Tara.

Once at her targets, she thrust out the basket.

“This is for your ‘one week’ anniversary of being a lesbian, Willow,” spoke Anya excitedly.

She then turned to Tara who was blushing profusely. “How is Willow coming along? Is she being a good lesbian girlfriend?”

Tara could only nod.

“Anya,” Willow said as she looked in the basket, “this is really neat.”

Anya beamed.

The group continued to stare.

Tara looked at Anya.

She’d get used to Willow’s crazy friend.

One day soon, she hoped.

She then turned and smiled at Willow, her girlfriend of ‘one-week’.

ENDS

Note: I will leave it up to your imagination as to what items were in the basket Anya gave Willow, keeping in mind this story was rated PG…! :smug

Last edited by Fin on Mon Dec 24, 2007 12:59 am, edited 6 times in total.

Post subject: Re: ATTRACTION
PostPosted: Tue Feb 20, 2007 6:08 am 
3. Flaming O

hi,

I really loved this story. I'm defiently voting for a sequel! :pray I love the way you portrayed the characters, the whole story was so so sweet and a happy ending yay!

Hannah

PostPosted: Tue Feb 20, 2007 10:53 am 
Ms. Moderator Fantastico
Ms. Moderator Fantastico

:pinky yes I agree sequal soon please very good story I would like to see them in 6 months :party I loved all the friends you made even Anya

PostPosted: Tue Feb 20, 2007 12:26 pm 
9. Gay Now

That was just too cute. You have Anya to a tee. Great job =)

~Sara

Find out in Speak Easy

PostPosted: Tue Feb 20, 2007 1:24 pm 
10. Troll Hammer

Topics: 1
1-Well, knowing Anya, what she got to fill that basket would varyd epending on her mood at the time which could mean . . . well, anything, yeah.

2-I found the thinking processes interesting.

3-From a practical standpoint, I think it's good showing Tara and Willow having communtiy contacts outside the Scoobs.

4-The superficially farcical aspect of Tara and Willow sort of thinking past each other was deifnitely fun.

Sue: We don't talk about things like that right after, you know that, no saying those things in The Moment.
Kim: (moves the hand aside) Screw The Moment. I *love* you.

PostPosted: Tue Feb 20, 2007 2:08 pm 
6. Sassy Eggs

Fin
thank you for that lovely and funny story. Willow and Tara were very sweet, echoing canon perfectly (from season 4), and Anya was just hilarious. You had me lol at several points - a good way to start the day.

I don't think I've seen anything else by you on this board? I'm going to go check, of course. If you have any more like this one in the works, I'd love to read it.

Thanks again
Anne

Every path has its puddle. Old English Saying... I think I just stepped in mine...

Post subject: Re: Attraction
PostPosted: Tue Feb 20, 2007 8:45 pm 
32. Kisses and Gay Love

Topics: 7
I found this to be a very cute and endearing story. They weren't like "hey, I love you..." but their attraction seemed very realistic and adorable. Good job.

Post subject: Re: Attraction (Feedback Received)
PostPosted: Wed Feb 21, 2007 5:41 am 
2. Floating Rose

Hi gals and guys,

Thanks so much for the feedback. It was lovely to receive.

musicmad10 (Hannah)
- I am glad you liked this story and are voting for a sequel :)
I have some ideas brewing so hope to have another tale to tell soon.
Thanks for reading.

Dianneswillowtree – Thanks for reading and enjoying. I have a few ideas for a sequel, not sure where Anya will fit in but hopefully as exasperating as ever!

tazraven (Sara) – Glad you found the story cute. I loved writing Anya, she is such a crazy character. Thanks for the feedback.

DaddyCatALSO – Thanks for your feedback.
1.Yes I agree, Anya, being the crazy lady that she is could have filled the basket with anything depending on her mood. It leaves so many possibilities…
2.Glad you found the thinking processes interesting.
3.I really wanted to write something for the girls where they had support and I thought the campus lesbian alliance group could do that for them. It would have been nice on the show I think if they could have shown something like that. I always felt sorry for Willow and Tara that they never had community support.
4.Glad you found some of the aspects fun.

spells42 (Anne) – Great to hear from a fellow Aussie :), I am glad you found the story funny and echoing canon. That was really nice to hear, and that Anya made you laugh. She is one of my favourite characters – besides Willow and Tara of course!
This is my first story posted on the board. It was nice to hear you would be interested in reading another tale; hopefully soon I will have something else to post.

JustSkipIt (Deb) – Thanks so much for your feedback – it meant a lot coming from such a great fan fic writer as you are. Your story ‘W/T Season 3 Y'all’ was one of the first I had read on this board when I was lurking for some Willow and Tara fan fic. Since reading it I have been hooked and have enjoyed everything you have written. Thanks again for reading and leaving feedback ( a habit I will now be acquiring :) )

PostPosted: Wed Feb 21, 2007 10:36 am 
3. Flaming O

I really enjoyed the story, it was well done. I laughed myself silly over Anya-you definitely have her figured out. Your characterization was right on. And well what she had in the basket .... :blush the possiblities are endless!

PostPosted: Wed Feb 21, 2007 11:13 am 
9. Gay Now

We can't have too many season four fics if they are as sweet and funny as this one. I particularly liked this bit:
Quote:
When their fingers had briefly touched, she had felt all warm and tingly. She accounted the feeling to her deep attraction to Willow. Watching Willow however, she could sense that Willow just thought it was the magics. Tara sighed.
I'd love to read more by you.

PostPosted: Wed Feb 21, 2007 11:40 am 
30. Sweaty and Kinda Gay

aww...that was such an enjoyable read. Anya was hilarious and Willow and Tara were very cute together. :luv I hope you're still thinking about that sequel you mentioned before... I'd like to cast my vote in favor of a sequel. Very sweet story... thank you for sharing. :sigh

PostPosted: Thu Feb 22, 2007 6:08 am 
3. Flaming O

Squee, I loved your story! It made me smile and feel all warm and kind of giddy.

Quote:
Before Tara could answer Willow jumped in again, “What I’m trying to say is I’ve started feeling attracted to you. I think it started when we played pool that night. All of a sudden I started looking at you in a non-platonic way. And then I started wondering, how am I going to tell you this.”

“H-have you worked that out y-yet,” asked Tara softly, smiling brightly, “how you’ll tell me?”

I just loved that part :bounce And after that, how Tara responded to Willow's next question is quite near to how my gf did *little blush*

Oh, and Anya was so...Well, Anya ^^;

PostPosted: Thu Feb 22, 2007 8:59 am 
5. Willowhand

I really like this story. I think you handled all the interactions very well. Anya was a hoot!

PostPosted: Thu Feb 22, 2007 4:43 pm 
1. Blessed Wannabe

LOL! You pegged Anya perfectly! Just something about a gregarious person struggling with how to interact with people/groups of people that get me rolling. I loved it! :party

Me: Well, go kiss her and find out.

*five seconds later after the smack..*

My friend: Nope. Straight.

PostPosted: Thu Feb 22, 2007 7:41 pm 
3. Flaming O

great story! anya is so funny sometimes! i love it

PostPosted: Thu Feb 22, 2007 8:08 pm 
13. Big Knowledge Woman

This, as others before me have pointed out, is adorably sweet and too cute for words, almost.
Willow and Tara's endearing character traits are certainly in full-on mode here i.e, Willow's babble and Tara's insecurity.
Anya, well she's just Anya...You have to love and respecta charcter that is so forthright and blunt without meaning to be.

Post subject: Re: Attraction (Feedback Received)
PostPosted: Thu Feb 22, 2007 8:44 pm 
2. Floating Rose

Hi gals and guys,

Wow, more feedback, I must admit it is great to receive. I was not expecting so much from my first fan fic post and am now becoming slightly addicted to it!

Willowfan – Thanks for your feedback. I’m glad to hear you enjoyed the story and found Anya funny. I was hoping her dialog would provide some entertainment :)

Knock yourself out – It was lovely to hear you found this fic sweet and funny. Thanks for reading. I have another tale brewing so was nice to hear you would be interested in reading another :)

Emms – Glad you found this an enjoyable read. I have been an avid reader of your story ‘You Make Me Smile’, so was very nice to receive feedback from you.
Thanks.

Numen – Wow, that was great to hear that you loved the story and had a favourite part, especially since it matched so close to your experience. Your GF must be very sweet :)
Thanks for reading.

PancakesinBellies (Amber) – Glad you liked the story and found Anya to be a hoot. I must admit I had a hoot writing the dialog for her. She is a lot of fun to write.

excentric – Thanks for reading, glad you found it fun and enjoyed Anya’s crazy socialisation skills or lack of them :)

lilkitty1389 – Thanks for enjoying the story so much, good to hear you found Anya funny J I was hoping she would get a laugh or two from readers.

taralicious – Thanks so much for your feedback, glad you found the tale to be sweet and cute, and enjoyed the full-on mode of the characters.
Thanks for reading.

PostPosted: Fri Feb 23, 2007 4:54 am 
4. Extra Flamey

Quote:

Willow raised her eyes to the sound of Tara’s voice and noticed her smile. It was warm and bright.
“You’re smiling at me.”

“I am,” whispered Tara who was staring at Willow intently.

That was sooo adorable :') awwww. Tara's gf of-one-week :D How very cute! I loved this story, thanks a lot :D[/quote]

PostPosted: Fri Feb 23, 2007 7:31 am 
14. Lesbo Street Cred

This is a great story. Nicely written -- sharp characterisation and punchy dialogue. Not 100% canon but the tone and the setting could have fit in so well. Better than canon actually. I especially liked how the attraction was built up slowly, made it all the more realistic.
Quote:
Willow felt as though foggy glasses had been removed and she was finally now able to see clearly.

Boy, that's so true.

I chuckled at Willow's accidentally "soul-barring" talk with Anya. Actually Anya was just the right person, because of her directness and complete lack of judgment. And getting the answers that not one among Xander, Buffy or Giles could have. Great that Tara has friends in her corner too. Real life isn't always that ideal, but again the way you wrote this was believable. I did have strange images of 1970s split screen TV when they were pacing outside each other's dorm room. And oh, the mutual confession and kissage. Yum. Did I mention yummy kissage? :)

p.s. forgive my un-PC directness but the fic could have done with a teeny weeny bit of proof-reading and line formatting. However it didn't spoil my enjoyment at all. Perhaps something to watch out for in your next fic, and I certainly hope you continue writing and posting. I'll be looking out for more of your work.
[br]

PostPosted: Tue Feb 27, 2007 10:07 pm 
2. Floating Rose

Hi gals and guys,

More feedback, lovely to receive.

sadie – Thanks for reading and nice to hear you found the story adorable. Great to hear from you.

watty – Thanks for your feedback, it was greatly appreciated. I am glad you enjoyed it and found it to be nicely written. I have taken note of your un-PC directness :) as you stated, and will use your feedback for any future stories I post. It is always good to hear how to improve on a fic so thanks.

Post subject: Re: Attraction (completed)
PostPosted: Sun May 20, 2007 10:23 am 
Ms. Moderator Fantastico
Ms. Moderator Fantastico

New to the archive. You can leave feedback! :)

PostPosted: Fri May 25, 2007 9:05 pm 
6. Sassy Eggs

Awww! How sweet! I loved this story. It's so cute and Anya was a hoot, as always! Bravo to you!! :clap

Post subject: Re: Attraction (S4 Fic)
PostPosted: Wed May 30, 2007 5:20 am 
2. Floating Rose

Hey Willow Watcher, thanks for reading and glad you found the story sweet :)
Cheers
Fin

PostPosted: Tue Jun 05, 2007 12:40 pm 
4. Extra Flamey

Awwww, I love me some fluff. I've had this story bookmarked for months planning to read it, but I hadn't gotten around to it until now. Just a huge big AWWWWWWW from this one. :D

diamondforever's fanfiction archive

PostPosted: Fri Jun 08, 2007 12:42 am 
2. Floating Rose

Hi DiamondForever,
Was a nice surprise to receive some more feedback for this story,
glad you enjoyed and thanks for reading,
Cheers
Fin

PostPosted: Fri Jun 08, 2007 5:14 pm 
1. Blessed Wannabe

hey this story was really great the way you potrayed our girls was right on que. and anya made me laugh that is so her. thanx. I really liked it and please a sequel. :pray

PostPosted: Sun Jun 17, 2007 1:14 am 
2. Floating Rose

Hi there Taraiswillow’ssoul,
Thanks for reading and leaving feedback,
glad you enjoyed.
A sequel is still brewing, a long brew period I know!
Soon I will hopefully have something to post,
Cheers
Fin

PostPosted: Sun Jun 17, 2007 10:06 am 
32. Kisses and Gay Love

hello :)

that was really cute ^^

thanks

julia

"Joie est mon caractère, C'est la faute à Voltaire; Misère est mon trousseau, C'est la faute à Rousseau." Gavroche. Victor Hugo, Les Misérables (chap. XV)

PostPosted: Tue Jun 19, 2007 3:21 am 
2. Floating Rose

Hi Julia
Glad you found the story cute :)
Thanks for taking the time to read,
Cheers
Fin

PostPosted: Fri Dec 20, 2013 6:27 pm 
4. Extra Flamey

Hi Fin

Just scrolling through the archives and found this fic. I loved the introduction of Tara's friends. I also loved your characterisation of Anya, her advice to Willow, going to campus with her to investigate and the basket was a classic! I thought this was a very believable and sweet story.

Thanks
Kim