The Kitten, the Witches and the Bad Wardrobe - Willow & Tara Forever

General Chat  || Kitten  || WaV  || Pens  || Mi2  || GMP  || TiE  || FAQ  || Feed - The Kitten, the Witches and the Bad Wardrobe

All times are UTC - 8 hours [ DST ]

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 519 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10 ... 18  Next
 Post subject: Re: Waiting for Dani
PostPosted: Sun Jan 14, 2007 6:40 am 
32. Kisses and Gay Love

Topics: 7
Second Fig – Hello and thank you. Your thoughts about the willow tree are certainly good ones. We’ll see how that works out and what further is revealed…
Quote:
. In the end I am kind of glad that you kept “Dani” because it separates the two different characters and I have become attached to it!
I’m glad to hear that. I’m assuming that you know that in a shooting script, Willow’s middle name was Danielle.
Quote:
It is interesting that as you progress through the story it seems like each installment is more a block of time, different from the first chapters which were more narrative, Tara telling us what she knew.
That’s an interesting observation. I hadn’t really thought about it but I guess you are very right. We are getting to the real “meat” of the story. This 4-week period is crucial to the story so it is being told in quite a bit of detail. I think the last 2 weeks have take 4 updates? The next 2 will probably be another 3-4 updates. Anyway… thanks for the thoughts about the showing not telling. I tried but it’s not something that I always have confidence about. Thanks.
Quote:
Wild speculation ahead! I can feel there is going to be some self-sacrifice (or perceived self sacrifice) on Tara’s part as she becomes more aware of the situation through their bond… No wait, don’t tell me, I like surprises… I think.
That’s excellent to hear since I wasn’t going to tell anyway. Tee hee.

Thanks.

PostPosted: Sun Jan 14, 2007 9:42 pm 
3. Flaming O

Topics: 1
Hi
I’ve been lurking for a while and I finally got my lazy bum to leave feedback. I LOVE YOUR STORIES! All of them are truly awesome and have great plots. Especially this one. All the wild theories are way to much fun to come up with. Not to disappoint some wild theories coming up…

At the beginning of the story as in the first paragraph Tara mentions her new girl. Not Dani. So Dani is no longer her servant but it seems that Dani is in charge of the servants which makes sense since Tara is Lady of the estate and Dani being her servant is much like D’elam the head servant lady?
umm I think I may have confused myself there.
But basically once a mark bound servent becomes the head sevent, like Dani is, do they no longer serve their mistress or master personally? Or are Tara and Dani an anomaly?

But if Dani isn’t her servant or not her personal one what is she? Does she fall under the rare case that she is free but still with Tara? Maybe it has to do with her being a magic practitioner.

But heck even if I’m right and have totally unraveled the point that you are hiding your not gonna tell me… are you?
lol not that will happen in a million years. As with all your fics there will definitely be a thousand things that I have missed.

Did anyone else go back and read
{quote]I tilted my head as I looked between the two marks. I could feel a slight tingling. Like the static after a rainstorm or when you shuffle your feet on the rugs and then touch metal.
“Thank you, D’elam,” Melanie said. D’elam adjusted her clothing, bowed slightly and retreated from the room.[/quote]
And just think well duh should have noticed cuz obviously it would be important later.

So more speculation than theories...
Anyhow I cannot wait for an update!
This fic has definitely been worth missing the odd assignment here and there (trust me if professors knew how much stuff had been postponed by your fics they would probably kick me out)

morningstar

PostPosted: Mon Jan 15, 2007 4:11 am 
14. Lesbo Street Cred

Well Elvis, you were right about "strong" and "best writing" -- it really is, was, will be a classic.

I didn't see Dani's mark-bonding as a wedding, unfortunately it felt to me too much like enslavement dressed up as a wedding. Even D'Shel giving away Dani to Tara made me feel like the village mother who is giving away her daughter in an arranged marriage. I guess it stems back to how uneasy I've been about the inequality in their relationship throughout this fic.
Quote:
I wanted this more than anything, to take Dani as my servant, and at the same time wanted to always be worthy of my girl.

grrrr, can't she see that she cannot have Dani as both servant and her girl?

Notwithstanding my opinion about the bonding, because I don't think this is an opinion shared by Tara, Dani or the participants. The ceremony was absoutely breathtaking. Your details were spot on. The slight hesitation, the exchange of vows, the way T'dre performed the marking. How special is it that Tara can tune into Willow's emotions and share the pain. It's one thing to go through happiness together, I think people change and become more connection once they've gone through pain together. The enormity of Dani's refusal to obey Tara to take the pain herbs is something that will prove to be significant, I hope.

More and more I'm appreciating how unique Tara and Dani; and the combination of Tara/Dani are. Tara, a lady of the land with magic and rare ability to perform marks. Dani, a servant but with magic, smartness and an extraordinary ability to be in sync with her mistress. And the combination -- love for each other that they don't even realize themselves. The more I read this story, the more I think about it, the more layers I discover.
[br]

PostPosted: Mon Jan 15, 2007 12:42 pm 
6. Sassy Eggs

It’s interesting how nearly everybody seems to dislike the power imbalance and the lack of so called free will in Dani’s decisions. And that it doesn’t bother me that much. I hope you are not mad at me for making this clear. I feel a little ashamed because I don’t think the imbalance is totally bad. But maybe it has something to do with

a) I don’t know the consequences of the power imbalance and the true effects it will have in the future for Dani. Even if I’m terrified with the possibility that every man with high mark rights could have his way with her. Every thing else seems to be quite ok at least on the Maclay Estate.
b) The concept of free will is as long as I know some theme heavily discussed between philosophers. There is even a large fraction who doubt that there ever existed something like a free will for any living or not living creature including humans. Do we really have a free will? Or are the most things we do or think determined anyway? Just questions – no answers for me. At least I can’t answer them to myself. But I do believe that Tara in this fiction has no more free will than Dani has. They are both a product of their social situation. Even if it seems like Tara’s situation is a better one. Why is that so? Because she has a higher status? What bad does it mean that Dani is in our prospective a slave? In this society do they even think of the servants as slaves? Is this in their prospect of thinking? Does the concept of having slaves even exist in this society? I’m confident you will show us the why in the next updates.

Anyway this chapter was so wonderfully written. Not that I expected anything less from you. Your writing skills take us really to a point were you can’t step outside the story during reading it. And intense this chapter was.

PostPosted: Tue Jan 16, 2007 1:05 am 
1. Blessed Wannabe

Topics: 2
This is truly a wonderful fic… I haven’t left feedback in a loooong time but this just caught my eye and I had to leave something. I love the way you’ve portrayed both Dani and Tara… I’ve never read anything quite like it… and I’ve read a lot of fic. You do have me a little worried though... Danis struggle against the herbs was very powerful to me… in that moment I believe Tara realized DanI really wouldn’t be able to tell her no… for anyone that would be a very tempting arrangement… with a word you could have what you most desired… although I doubt Tara would do such a thing, the temptation is there. I can't wait to see where this will end up... you're a wonderful writer I look forward to the next update.

PostPosted: Fri Jan 19, 2007 8:31 pm 
32. Kisses and Gay Love

Morningstar – Welcome to your lazy bum. Thanks so much. Yes, the wild theories are very fun and I always enjoy reading them.
Quote:
At the beginning of the story as in the first paragraph Tara mentions her new girl. Not Dani. So Dani is no longer her servant but it seems that Dani is in charge of the servants which makes sense since Tara is Lady of the estate and Dani being her servant is much like D’elam the head servant lady?
Not exactly. I can’t really explain why Dani is no longer Tara’s girl because that would definitely spoil that plot line but it is not because she is in charge of the servants. If she were still Tara’s girl, she would also be in charge of the servants because of the hierarchy within that body of people. Also: D’elam actually is kind of “de facto” head because she only has 4 marks while D’rs and D’rek both have 5. D’elam has a lot of authority because 4 marks is till pretty high and because her mistress is the wife of the Lord but she is not the highest servant in the estate.
Quote:
umm I think I may have confused myself there.
But basically once a mark bound servent becomes the head sevent, like Dani is, do they no longer serve their mistress or master personally? Or are Tara and Dani an anomaly?
Unless something very catastrophic or strange has happened (as here, you can assume) a mark bound servant always serves her master or mistress.

Quote:
But if Dani isn’t her servant or not her personal one what is she? Does she fall under the rare case that she is free but still with Tara? Maybe it has to do with her being a magic practitioner.

But heck even if I’m right and have totally unraveled the point that you are hiding your not gonna tell me… are you?
Please keep reading for the answers to these and other questions…

Nice job catching Tara’s early signs of her potential to be an artist. Sorry to hear that you’re missing assignments. Keep in mind: these stories aren’t going anywhere. Thanks so much.

watty – Hey there. Sorry to hear you’re still having trouble with your internet connection but I’m glad that you’re writing so well these days. At lunch today I was telling a new employee that I’m getting to know about NoMo and she was like, “what????” Ha ha.

Thanks for your thoughts: strong and best. I’m very proud of it.
Quote:
I didn't see Dani's mark-bonding as a wedding, unfortunately it felt to me too much like enslavement dressed up as a wedding. Even D'Shel giving away Dani to Tara made me feel like the village mother who is giving away her daughter in an arranged marriage. I guess it stems back to how uneasy I've been about the inequality in their relationship throughout this fic.
and with good reason I think. I wrote that scene with a few intentions but one was to contrast the purity of Tara’s naive feelings – for her this is like a wedding and she doesn’t seem capable of understanding that it’s not – with the darkness of the way this society works and the way they use their magic to enslave those they may love.
Quote:
grrrr, can't she see that she cannot have Dani as both servant and her girl?
No. I would say that at this point in the story she absolutely can not see that. We’ll see whether she is likely to grow and change…

In spite of your concerns about the ceremony, thanks for your beautiful words about that ceremony. I think that for those involved, it was quite overwhelming and wonderful. (or wonderful and painful).

Quote:
The enormity of Dani's refusal to obey Tara to take the pain herbs is something that will prove to be significant, I hope.
In a way…

Quote:
More and more I'm appreciating how unique Tara and Dani; and the combination of Tara/Dani are. Tara, a lady of the land with magic and rare ability to perform marks. Dani, a servant but with magic, smartness and an extraordinary ability to be in sync with her mistress. And the combination -- love for each other that they don't even realize themselves. The more I read this story, the more I think about it, the more layers I discover.
I can’t think of much to say in response to that except thank you, thank you, thank you.

sacinema – I have no problem with your not having a problem with the power imbalance. I think you’re right to question whether Dani’s lack of freewill is actually that much greater than most people’s freewill. Perhaps it’s a matter of her perceived freewill.
Quote:
But I do believe that Tara in this fiction has no more free will than Dani has. They are both a product of their social situation. Even if it seems like Tara’s situation is a better one. Why is that so? Because she has a higher status? What bad does it mean that Dani is in our prospective a slave? In this society do they even think of the servants as slaves? Is this in their prospect of thinking? Does the concept of having slaves even exist in this society? I’m confident you will show us the why in the next updates.
I’m so happy to read this comment because you point out some really important concepts. First and foremost is the lack of free will in Tara’s situation. She’s basically as trapped as Dani: she’s just in a more privileged position. However, she’s still fully expected to maintain her stature, marry, bear an heir, and certainly not fall in love with a female, non-noble, bonded servant! It seems completely incompatible with her station for her to be in such a relationship. Yes, it’s a relationship that perhaps can be held on the side for a long time or ever because who would question it but is that ok? I also think that you’re correct that our view of Dani as a slave is very much based on our beliefs rather than theirs. In their society Dani is very privileged. She’s been educated and has a life-long powerful position. Talk about job security.

Thanks so much for your comments and praise. I really appreciate it.

AFMN – Hello and welcome to the board. Or welcome back to the board perhaps I should say. Thank you so much for the comments.
Quote:
I’ve never read anything quite like it… and I’ve read a lot of fic.
Thanks. I feel that it’s quite original and I hope that’s true.

Quote:
You do have me a little worried though... Danis struggle against the herbs was very powerful to me… in that moment I believe Tara realized DanI really wouldn’t be able to tell her no… for anyone that would be a very tempting arrangement… with a word you could have what you most desired… although I doubt Tara would do such a thing, the temptation is there.
An excellent observation on the meaning of Dani’s bonding. Yes, Tara could certainly do anything and Dani couldn’t really put up much of a fight. However, I would say that Tara did not realize in that moment her power. When she describes it, she is looking back nearly two years later. At that point, she doesn’t understand the extent of her power over Dani at all. Anyway, I’m not trying to be harsh, just want to clarify that.

Thanks so much.

PostPosted: Sat Jan 20, 2007 7:15 am 
13. Big Knowledge Woman

i was hoping there was an update.... :cry

:blush :kiss1

"When you get excited about something, one might imagine you as a small, maniacally grinning rubber ball, which someone throws at the wall in an enclosed room, and goes bouncing off every surface for about 15 minutes."
- Mudrat

PostPosted: Sat Jan 20, 2007 7:47 am 
5. Willowhand

Thianne wrote:
i was hoping there was an update....

Hmmm, another Vale feedback to feedback...I didn't see that one coming. (I'm just teasing!)

Last edited by PancakesinBellies on Mon Jul 16, 2012 8:51 am, edited 1 time in total.

PostPosted: Sat Jan 20, 2007 9:00 am 
1. Blessed Wannabe

Awww...I was kind hoping for an update too. :joss Okay, that's a lie; I was REALLY hoping for an update. ;)) PLEASE? :pray

PostPosted: Sat Jan 20, 2007 10:54 am 
3. Flaming O

diddo

but dont worry about the assignments. Now i am offficaly a second semester senior :bounce i have to miss at least three assignments per semester or my teachers will think there is something wrong with me ;-)

cant wait for the update!

PostPosted: Sun Jan 21, 2007 6:02 am 
13. Big Knowledge Woman

highlandlass25 wrote:
Thianne wrote:
i was hoping there was an update....

Hmmm, another Vale feedback to feedback...I didn't see that one coming. (I'm just teasing!)

well, technically it's not feedback to replies to feedback, because that post wasn't a reply to *my* feedback. uhm, i'm confusing myself here. nevermind

"When you get excited about something, one might imagine you as a small, maniacally grinning rubber ball, which someone throws at the wall in an enclosed room, and goes bouncing off every surface for about 15 minutes."
- Mudrat

Last edited by Thianne on Mon Jul 16, 2012 8:51 am, edited 1 time in total.

PostPosted: Sun Jan 21, 2007 5:53 pm 
11. Fish in the Bowl

:wave Obviously, we are all anxiously awating an update!

Vale, you crack me up! :p

BV

PostPosted: Mon Jan 22, 2007 7:43 pm 
32. Kisses and Gay Love

Vale, highlandlass25, Crimson Vampire Goddess – I’m close on it…

Morningstar – Congratulations. Ha ha.

Vale, barnabasvamp – Coming soon…

PostPosted: Mon Jan 22, 2007 7:50 pm 
5. Willowhand

Woohoo!

PostPosted: Tue Jan 23, 2007 12:54 am 
18. Breast Gal

Topics: 4
Sorry I haven't been around so much lately :yawn (Oops, that wasn't meant to be the yawning smiley - can I edit it, or did you already see it yawn? It looked identical to the 'ashamed' smiley when it wasn't yawning, which is what I was going for. Rest assured, no yawning it taking place during Waiting for Dani) I'm really fascinated with the position Willow is in, though, and the power dynamics in her relationship with Tara. There's so many layers to it, and not all working in the obvious Tara-has-power-over-Willow way (though that's obviously a very strong layer that's been imposed on the rest artificially). Strange as it seems, Willow defies Tara, and makes her own choice, in order to be unable to defy Tara and make her own choice. Odd situation. And whatever the magical constraints now on her, I'm inclined to think that that potential for independence remains in her, and offers the way for salvation of their relationship from its current imbalanced state.

Last edited by Artemis on Tue Jan 23, 2007 10:00 am, edited 1 time in total.

PostPosted: Tue Jan 23, 2007 9:16 am 
13. Big Knowledge Woman

barnabasvamp wrote:
:wave Obviously, we are all anxiously awating an update!

Vale, you crack me up!

BV

I aim to please dear

and Debra, don't worry i can be patient

so, is the update ready yet?

(don't mind me, seriously, don't mind me *wipes tear from eye* oh gosh. really, take your time)

- Mudrat

Last edited by Thianne on Mon Jul 16, 2012 8:51 am, edited 1 time in total.

PostPosted: Tue Jan 23, 2007 6:14 pm 
32. Kisses and Gay Love

PancakesinBellies – Ha ha. You ain’t kidding…

Chris – Hello. No problem. I was kind of wondering where the other RKTers were and then Watty posted so at least I knew there wasn’t some RKT computer virus or anything like that. Ha ha yawning. I totally agree that the power dynamics in the Tara/Willow relationship are a bit strange and it’s not all Tara’s power over Willow.
Quote:
Strange as it seems, Willow defies Tara, and makes her own choice, in order to be unable to defy Tara and make her own choice.
I think that’s a pretty good summary and frequently I think that’s how power dynamics work. Yes, there’s the physical domination that some people enjoy or suffer but frequently our being under another’s power is because we give them that. You know? I certainly do.

We’ll see about her potential for independence…

Thanks for commenting.

Vale – Take a look at the last post in this thread. Ha ha. Here it is…

[center]Image[/center]

Story Title – Waiting for Dani

Chapter – 7b – Dani’s Marks (Part II)

Author – JustSkipIt

Pairing – T/W

Feedback – Yes, please

Spoilers – None

Rating – PG

Disclaimer – Joss Whedon and Mutant Enemy own Willow and Tara and the Buffyverse. I’m not saying this universe is totally original but I didn’t steal it from any author or creator that I know of. No copyright infringement is meant by this fic and I will not make any money from it.

I must have dozed sometime before dawn for I awoke to my girl stirring in my arms. I immediately patted her and kissed her forehead whispering that it was ok, that she was with me. Her green eyes opened and she twisted in the bed to look at me, grimacing slightly before kissing my cheek and then looking down at the coverlet. “Good morning, My Lady.”

I smiled at her formal address and returned it appropriately. “Good morning, D’ni.”

She giggled as if embarrassed by my using her title rather than her name after all these years, then sat forward to test her leg. The movement obviously pained her but it was nothing like her expression last night. I waited on her for her needs and then offered her breakfast which I knew would be waiting in the foyer. She admitted not being sure if she could eat but nodded that she would try to hold something down. Although she looked quite nauseas, she ate a respectable number of cheese rolls (her favorite, sent special by the kitchen staff), and grapes and drank some goat’s milk with it.

After I had also eaten and put the tray outside the door, I asked if she would like to see her mark. She bit her lip but nodded and I closed my eyes as I set my palm face up on her leg and lifted the cover. I heard a gasp from her. I could not tell if it was a gasp of pain or surprise or excitement and could do nothing but wait. I had promised my girl years ago that she would be the first to see her marks after they were completed and now would not go back on my word in spite of my rights and more compelling, my curiosity.

“They are so beautiful, My Lady.” Her voice was no more than a teary whisper. “Please look at them.”

I opened my eyes and also gasped. They were, as Dani had said, incredibly beautiful. At the same time, they made me want to grab for the vial of herbs. Under the beauty of the mark the skin looked red and burned. I knew from my own mark taking that this effect would take three to five days to lessen -- a period of rather intense discomfort if not pain. At least the healer would come today to apply a salve to her marks so they would heal well and quickly. My eyes filled with tears and I fell to my knees on in front of her. Her marks were just so beautiful and I could feel the strong pulse of energy flowing back and forth between our identical designs like a heartbeat.

She was mine.

Mine. The word resonated in my head.

I rose from the bed and desperately kissed her lovely and beautiful lips. It wasn’t something I planned but the moment our lips met it was obvious that it was the perfect thing to do. My heart pounded so but I couldn’t bring myself to pull away and Dani moved her mouth against mine. For a few moments it was awkward as I started to learn the landscape of her lips and she mine. Awkward or not, it was, simply, the most glorious, perfect moment of my life and it stretched on and on. I didn’t consciously think of what I was doing, but when she opened her lips slightly, I traced them with the tip of my tongue and it became a different type of kiss—equally glorious and differently perfect.

I released her from my hands only when I heard her gasp in pain. “Dani? What is wrong?” Tears had formed in her eyes and I saw that my loose shirt had draped across her mark. She wouldn’t say what had hurt her but her frantic and pained eyes darted between the mark and the hem of my shirt and I quickly snatched it away. With my other hand I grabbed for the vial of herbs and pulled them open. “Please take these, darling. They will help with the pain and I swear I’ll never tell anyone.” I held the vial out in front of her chin and stroked her cheek with my other hand.

For a long minute she didn’t look up. When she did I could see the tears pooled in her eyes. I stepped back in shock as she dropped with obvious discomfort to the ground at my feet and kneeled in front of me. Her voice seemed to shake as did my hands and she spoke haltingly in no more than a whisper. “I struggle to speak, My Lady, but please don’t … disrespect yourself or your servant so.”

I fell to one knee in front of her and took her hands in mine. “My girl. I don’t intend to disrespect either of us but I don’t like you in pain.” She titled her head and for a few seconds her face was unreadable as if she could not understand my words. I almost thought she showed pity for me but that was not possible. A tear rolled over her eyelid and down her cheek and she held out her hand for the vial, the pain finally taking over as her look was one of absolute pain and defeat. “Just a little. Here.” I held the herbs for her to take a small sip and she grimaced at the foul taste.

Knowing how quickly the opiaum would take effect, I put out a hand to steady her by the elbow and helped her back into the bed. Tears still shined in her eyes but now they had a dazed look that I knew was caused by the powerful drug. I tucked the covers around her, being careful to avoid touching her mark and kissed her gently. “You sleep, my love. When you awake, we will show off your beautiful mark.”

Her eyelids were drooping and I had to lean close to hear her mumbled words. “Yours now, My Lady.” And then she was dozing and I felt an involuntary smile lifting the corners of my mouth. “Yours now.” Just as I thought not five minutes earlier. She was mine absolutely and no one could ever take her away from me.

Ever.

This new girl has finally given up that incessant pounding at my door, her pleading with me to come out of the room, to eat dinner, to take a ride, just to leave the room. I thought that she would give up when I didn’t answer but she is persistent if nothing else. Finally, I shouted to leave and leave me alone, cursing her heavy tread under my breath as she turned and clomped her way down the stairs once again. If I ever rise from this chair, I must begin a search for someone else. No one will be my Dani but this girl will not even suffice as a pale substitute.

I grow tired and weary and undeniably heartbroken and digress from my tale.

Seeing that Dani was comfortably asleep, I set about to do what I could to prepare the rooms. I took the tray and moved it to the foyer. On this day, the kitchen staff would creep in to take the tray. I went to Dani’s armoire and picked an outfit for her, feeling tickled as I noted a complicated sort of organization according to weight, color, style, and I didn’t know what else. I ran my hand over the soft leather of her riding clothes and the silk of a dress shirt. She had a few pairs of loose fitting tie-up britches that we used when we sparred in hand-to-hand and I chose a pair of these in a deep forest green. She had a navy blue silk shirt that she always wore open at the neck and which made my heart pound widely in my chest although it was a long time before I understood why and I chose this for her shirt. Her undergarments were as well organized as her other clothing and I stood and there stroking each for long minutes with what I am sure was a dazed and idiotic look on my face. Finally I took the items I had chosen and placed them carefully on the shelf by the dressing chair. I closed her armoire carefully and quietly and ran my hands over the polished wood.

I checked her breathing and finding her resting comfortably went to my closet which I found as rigorously organized as Dani’s chest. I could not remember how many years it had been since D’elam felt it necessary to check Dani’s efforts. My clothes were meticulously maintained and organized. Strangely I found one of my favorite dresses near the front of the closet, completely out of its correct placement. Next to it, sat a full set of my undergarments and below the boots I particularly enjoyed wearing with it which had been polished to a high gloss. I took a few minutes to look through my wardrobe before determining that I would, in fact, wear that dress today. Dani was still sleeping and I bathed myself quickly, dried off, and dressed to return to her.

Not wanting to disturb her, I gently set a chair next to the bed and brought over my book so that I could read by the gracious light in the room. She was resting peacefully on her side, the mark away from the mattress, and her top fell open slightly to reveal the slight rounding of her breast. I inhaled when she shifted to her back and forced my attention back to my book.

In truth, I couldn’t tell you anything that book said. My thoughts were on my girl and the kiss we had shared. Her lips had felt softer than anything I could have imagined and I wanted nothing more than to repeat our kiss over and over for the rest of time. I wondered if my parents had felt this way for each other or if this depth of feeling could only come with the duration of our relationship—Dani and I.

Finally she stirred, moaning quietly as she shifted in the bed. Then her eyes opened, seeming to take longer than usual to focus on me. She appeared dazed but smiled and nodded as she greeted me. “Lady Tara.”

I shifted to the bed to brush my fingertips along her jawline. “How are you, my sweet? Are you in pain? Do you need more herbs?”

Dani dropped her unfocused eyes from my gaze. “I will take them only if you insist, My Lady, but I do not feel I need them.”

I felt sad that she would not accept this gift of me but wanted to honor her wishes. “I do not like to see one whom I cherish so dearly in pain but I do not like to force them on you either.” I leaned forward and kissed her as she breathed a sigh of relief. This kiss was not so sudden and passionate as our earlier one but it was less awkward in equal proportion. I pulled back with a silly grin on my face, then began to pepper her cheek and eyelids with the softest touches of my lips. “I do not think I will ever tire of this.”

“Nor I, My Lady.” Dani smiled and I lifted her hand to my mouth to place a kiss there. She glanced at my outfit. “I see you found the outfit I laid out. I am sorry I was not able to dress you this morning.” She reached up and wordlessly retied the ribbon in my hair, fingers not quite so deft as usual to but I’m sure doing it more justice that I had.

“Do you think you can stand a quick bath before we dress you?” I wanted to pamper my girl on this, one of the only days that would require and allow me to do so. Dani looked as if she wanted to protest the offer but instead quietly nodded and held out her hand for me. Before helping her to the bathing room, I rang for hot water and it was placed in my foyer while I was still settling my girl near the bath. I readied the tub and then carefully removed her clothes and helped her into the tub. When the water made contact with her mark, she gritted her teeth but no tears came to her eyes and she relaxed soon after that. I wanted to sit and watch her but at the same time wanted to give her a few minutes alone. “I need to take care of something. Can you rest for a few minutes?” She nodded and I kissed her quickly. Then I handed her the small bell usually used to summon a servant and indicated that if she needed me, I would answer instantly.

The moment I stepped from my rooms, D’elam approached and bowed deeply. She had obviously been waiting for me. “Lady Tara, may I assist you?”

“Thank you, D’elam. Please let Melanie and Lord Maclay know that I will be ready to present D’ni within the hour.”

“Yes, Lady Tara.” I began to turn back toward the door but was stopped by her voice. “Lady? How is D’ni? Is she …”

I blinked quickly as I thought about D’elam’s question. It was obvious that she was asking out of personal concern for my girl rather than obligation or duty and I felt warmed that Dani had so many people in our house who cared for her so much. “Dani has done this house and myself an honor through the grace with which she has accepted her marks.”

D’elam nodded her head. “Yes, My Lady. I would never have expected otherwise from her.”

“Nor I,” I agreed and this time did enter my rooms.

I stepped a little faster to get to Dani, wanting to make sure that she was still feeling ok. I entered the bath parlor and stopped as I took in the sight in front of me. She was in the tub as I had left her, resting with her head leaned back over the edge of the tub. She hadn’t heard me come in and I stood for seconds and watched her without her knowing I was watching her. Her pulse beat was strong in her neck and I stared at her skin right at that place, wanting to spend the next days or weeks learning the skin with my mouth. I expelled the quietest sigh as I realized that my fantasy wouldn’t be possible. My father and Melanie would be waiting for us. I stepped lightly across the room and took the seat by the tub, gently stroking my girl’s hair.

She sat up quickly. “My Lady. I must have dozed. I should have been preparing for our presentation.”

I shushed her gently, telling her that I had no intention of her bathing herself. Then I picked up the sponge and squeezed a generous dollop of lavender soap onto it and motioned that she should sit forward. I washed my girl, taking little of the time I would have liked to lavish on her but all of the care I could with her mark. Seeing my trepidation, she took the soft chamois cloth we used on our faces from me and tenderly washed the mark herself. Finally I helped her from the bath and dried her with a large bath sheet from the warming cupboard.

I led her back to my bed and helped her into the outfit I had chosen, asking her nervously if I had made good selections. She appeased me that my choices were absolutely what she would have made had she been awake. The blue silk shirt or at least the sight of her pale skin against it sent my heart aflutter again and I found I had to steal a quick kiss or five before setting about to arrange her pants just so. Her hip was totally bare both to prevent pain and to allow our household to witness the beauty and perfection of her mark. I knelt at her feet to slip on her house boots and then stood in front of her. My hand, I extended and felt her slip her own into mine perfectly. “Are you ready, my lovely girl?”

Dani bowed her head in a graceful nod. “As you wish it, My Lady.”

I touched her chin with the fingers of my free hand. “I pray that I shall always be worthy of your perfection.” I leaned in and our lips met once again. When I pulled away her cheeks were reddened and she was smiling.

I took her by the hand and led her from the room and down the hallway toward my father’s sitting chamber. I raised my palm to enter his foyer. Dani’s head was bowed but she stood by me as we stepped into his chambers. I gave the slightest inclination of my head as I addressed my father only. “Lord Maclay. May I present my mark-bound servant, D’ni.”

D’ni looked up and my father held his mark out toward both of us for three full heartbeats before striding confidently across the room. He embraced me quite informally and kissed me on both cheeks before gathering up Dani to do the same. I noted and was quite thankful that he was very careful not to disturb her mark. He then took a step backwards to assess the work. I thought he would speak but he gathered me in another hug and whispered in my ear. “You and your servant do this house proud.” He stepped back and I was surprised to see unshed tears in his eyes. Slowly and carefully he bowed to Dani as she gulped in surprise. “My pride in you is no less than in my daughter nor is my love.”

Now it was Dani’s turn to shed a tear for my father’s kind words. He stepped next to Dani and took her free hand in his. Finally, we paid attention to Donnie and Melanie who had waited patiently for my father’s reception. My father and I each extended our marks as I again presented my girl. My brother and step-mother, holding four marks each, now bowed to us including Dani before breaking their formality to hug both myself and Dani.

I breathed a sigh of relief and could see the same from Dani that our initial formal presentation was complete. Melanie excused herself to go outside my father’s rooms for a moment. When she returned, she did so with T’dre and the healer. I repeated my presentation of Dani to T’dre and she, like my father, hugged and kissed both myself and my girl noting her pride in our match.

As soon as the formality of D’ni’s presentation was complete, T’dre called for the healer and the four of us (T’dre, the healer, D’ni, and myself) retired to father’s lounge. We all inspected the mark thoroughly before the healer cleaned it again and then applied the healing salve. I think I held my breath as I held Dani’s hand waiting for that generous layer of salve. I could feel her tension start to dissipate immediately as the numbing properties of the gel worked on her skin. T’dre and the healer left the room and I bent to place a soft kiss on the top of my girl’s head. “You are doing so wonderfully,” I whispered before helping her up from the chair.

By the time we had returned to my father’s sitting room Anne and Faith were there, both barely suppressing their excitement. My father joined myself and Dani once again and we presented D’ni to my sisters. Once the formality of that presentation was completed, Anne virtually leapt forward to embrace Dani and then myself. Even Faith, always restrained in social situations hugged and kissed both of us and shed more than one tear of joy for us.

While Faith was still hugging and kissing the two of us Anne interrupted with her typical tact. “When can we give our presents?”

We all laughed even harder as my father protested that he should get to go first since his present was sure to be “the best.” I knew that my family would compete to give my girl the best present or presents and we took great pride in lavishing the riches of this day on our bound servants. On one hand these gifts were a way to express the love we had for our servants. At the same time, Dani was now an extension of my Ladyship and the prestige of our estate. The greater her wealth, the more highly it extended our power and respect.

And so began a very long day for my girl. From my father’s rooms we went to the kitchen to present Dani to D’Shel and allow the two of them a few minutes together. When Dani had finished visiting with her mother, we met her in the gardens. As she approached, she whispered to me conspiratorially and handed me half of a strawberry tart. She promised me that more were being delivered to our rooms and would be throughout the week. The herbs that had been applied to her hip were obviously working very effectively because her mood could be described as ebullient if a little absent-minded. Oh, she was still fulfilling her duties to me but I asked her very little and expected even less than she provided on this day. I wanted it to be a celebration for her and for her to do as little work as possible. D’elam and even D’rs stepped in to fulfill my every need, or what they thought might be my every need.

Our first stop, the stables brought us to find out what my father had for Dani. Even given how much I knew my father loved and valued myself and Dani, I felt overwhelmed at the gift he presented her. Although it had long been accepted that Dream was Dani’s horse and Hope was mine, Dani did not actually own a horse before this. And these were no ordinary horses. One was a 1-year old foal off his own horse and the other a three-month-old off Faith’s fine riding beast. If their sires were any indication, these would be hands higher than Dream or Hope and my father made it clear that they were intended as a breeding pair. Dani thanked my father and Faith both quite profusely and respectfully through the tears in her eyes. If protocol had allowed, I would have thanked my father equally profusely for the honor he showed my girl through this generous gift.

After we had finished at the stables, the rest of our family wanted to give Dani her presents also but I could tell that she was tired. Our connection, always strong seemed quite amplified by the bonding and her exhaustion was palatable to me. I suggested that we retire to my rooms and that everyone come see Dani following the noon meal. My suggestion was of course obeyed without dissent and I led my girl back to our rooms quickly, tucking her into the bed with a kiss and my bid that she rest.

And rest she did on and off throughout the day. Gael, the healer, came to my rooms every few hours to reapply the healing salve and its effects were miraculous. Dani slept much of the day and when she was awake she was comfortable if a bit groggy. Her normally razor-sharp mind would not have cut the same lines it normally did were we to have had studies. During her waking intervals she appeared to have regained her appetite, sharing our meals quite voraciously. And our menu was generously augmented by the endless treats brought by the kitchen staff as they came to pay their respects. The strawberry tarts were merely the beginning of the parade of sugary goodness and the kaffee after kaffee (a tradition we had adopted shortly after the wedding journey that many years earlier) seemed to be tempered by the healing herbs or she would have been running circles around the room.

As the stream of visitors came during her waking periods, my girl was, of course, absolutely appropriate and respectful. I had the joy of watching her interact with every member of the household from my father, whom I had witnessed her interact with many times, to the lowliest stable boy. By mid-day I could see that I was far from the only person on the Maclay estate completely enthralled with her. Our servants and staff, men and women, seemed to grow taller, to hold themselves with more dignity and joy when they spoke to her. She praised each with some personal note or a light joke. Some she touched as she spoke and they seemed to gravitate toward her fingertips. With others she seemed more physically reserved but no less connected. When D’elam came to visit her I left the rooms for a while to afford them some privacy in and when I returned a while later, found D’rs and D’rek there also, all enjoying their visit although they jumped to their feet to bow as I entered.

After they left and Dani showed me their gifts, I noted that all the gifts from this upper echelon of estate servants were items which transferred their authority to Dani. D’rs had given my girl an elaborately bound organizer which she used to direct labor within the estate. D’rek had hand copied his charts tracking weather, crop production, and game management. D’elam had given D’ni her notes regarding the progress of Anne and Faith’s girls so that D’ni could take over their training.

Speaking of Anne and Faith. They of course came to visit Dani with their generous presents. Melanie and Anne came together to give Dani what seemed like more presentation dress than could fit in her armoire. Each dress was lovely with hand stitching and beading, quite honestly of a quality that neither Dani, I, nor Faith could hope to equal, and with requisite underclothes, wraps or shawls, shoes, and even simple jewelry. My girl and I could attend virtually any social event in style. Faith delivered a much less romantic but much more exciting (to Dani) present in the form of four rare academic books. The first two were on the movements of the stars and planets; the next two concerned measurements and calculations for mechanical movements and those pages I viewed made my head hurt following the lines and figures. I believe that if it were not for the day’s other activities, Dani would have been content to settle down with the books and her pen and sand table to make calculations for weeks.

Donnie’s gifts were both quite extravagant. His first gift was an exact version of the saddle he had given me with his, Anne’s, and Faith’s hand impressions worked into it. Both myself and Dani were touched by the richness of his gesture. It was as if he were acknowledging that we children had been raised as siblings and that Dani belonged with us, with our family, always. His second gift was a telescope so large and powerful that it could not be held by hand. Dale and Donnie carried it in and positioned and leveled it in the atrium of my chambers, teasing that they hoped we didn’t need it moved any time soon. We all laughed as it was apparent that I could use my powers to move it any time I desired but we allowed them to revel in their strength as we praised them for their wonderful gift. I will admit that my girl was rarely speechless but all the gifts from my family rendered her so many times that day.

For myself, I found myself speechless each time I looked at or touched my girl. I vowed to always live up to her perfection. When the last of our visitors had gone, I helped her get ready for bed and then followed that lead. Once in bed, our kisses left me hardly wanting sleep in spite of the knowledge that it would be for the best. My better senses got me and I wrapped her tightly in my arms, whispering promises and words of love as she drifted off to sleep.

PostPosted: Tue Jan 23, 2007 6:25 pm 
5. Willowhand

So...sweet...*sniff* This is a wonderful update. I wish I could give more in-depth praise and analysis, but it's sort of late and the story made me kinda teary-eyed. :)

PostPosted: Tue Jan 23, 2007 6:35 pm 
1. Blessed Wannabe

That was awesome... even though they haven't talked about it their relationship seems to be getting better... honestly though, if they don't say anything soon things will get shot straight to hell with misunderstandings and such... but maybe that's what happened anyways... I hope Dani comes back...

~Miss. Darkmoon

PostPosted: Tue Jan 23, 2007 7:02 pm 
Ms. Moderator Fantastico
Ms. Moderator Fantastico

:pinky This is a lovely update I think Tara is starting to understand that there is more between them than friendship and that it runs very deep. this is what worries me Tara and Dani will finaly come together is everyway only to have someone take her away somehow and that would brake both our girls. Just me getting on the guess wagon hehe :kdevil

PostPosted: Tue Jan 23, 2007 8:14 pm 
9. Gay Now

I finally found the time to read this, and I just have to say, wow.

Your writing style is amazing. Everything is put so eloquently. Your writing just flows and you paint such a beautiful story. I love their slowly blossoming relationship, and how beautiful every small exchange between them is.

The first chapter was amazing and immediately drew me in. The story of Tara's father and mother was beautiful. All of the information was also an amazing touch. You created another world.

Tara's realizations as she grows to Dani's place were spot on, as she slowly made the distinction between hers and Dani's lessons. I also love their love for each other. It seemed so natural, just that they would always care for each other, servant and lady or not.

The marking added another amazing layer to the story. Dani's begging that she not be given herbs, even though the act itself pained her even more. Tara hiding the herbs she was supposed to be taking, even though it pained her as well. Their self sacrifice to lessen the pain of the other was just, well for lack of a better word, beautiful.

I can't wait for the next chapter. Looking forward to another installment of this amazing story.

~Sara

Find out in Speak Easy

PostPosted: Wed Jan 24, 2007 5:54 am 
32. Kisses and Gay Love

Hello to you!

This is a great update again. I saw it this morning before to go in class, but I was late so I just read it. :-)

I think I should re-read the beginning because more I read more I understand, and when I start read this fic I wasn't as good as now... I think somethings escape to me. :blush
It's good that Tara kissed Dani... I mean I think this had to come from her, not from Dani because of their social positions.
Oh and the way Tara's family shows their love to Dani as a family's member it's really great!! :-)

I'm looking for the next update but with patience.
"Time makes quality" ;-)

Regards

Julia

"Joie est mon caractère, C'est la faute à Voltaire; Misère est mon trousseau, C'est la faute à Rousseau." Gavroche. Victor Hugo, Les Misérables (chap. XV)

PostPosted: Wed Jan 24, 2007 2:28 pm 
14. Lesbo Street Cred

This is a sweet & caring update. Despite being about the aftermath of a bonding it's most about honestly celebrating it. In the first part of this chapter I did note (again) that Tara doesn't appear to have been educated in what a bonding means for the servant, at least not all aspects. (maybe 'cos she wouldn't have liked those aspects???)

The salve does seem to have quite a nice effect resembling the opium stuff partly, but without Dani protesting about it. Heh, neat solution.

About the celebrating stuff, even though it's horrible formal, it gives a nice vibe. You truly get the idea that all the 'higher' people so to speak are really happy for Dani. That does give me a slightly more positive impression of bonding servants in this particulairy familly (note indirect praise for the writer of this here story :peace ). Also interesting to see how many people know and like Dani. Appearantly Dani ain't shy, probably for the best as she will have to direct some if not most of those people eventually later on. Won't she be to busy with those tasks to properly serve Tara I wondered ?

Interesting to see that Faith and Donnie got Dani the most person-specific (for lack of a better word, personal?) gifts. That's not to say the others gifts weren't nice, but they weren't as targeted.

Come to think of it, does Tara get to give Dani a gift? One she wants, which sorta excludes pills and drugs ;-)

PostPosted: Thu Jan 25, 2007 6:43 am 
18. Breast Gal

Topics: 4
I find myself kind of embarrassed leaving feedback for this fic, because I'm usually so fixated on come-on-what-happens-next? that I have trouble thinking of anything interesting to say :blush So I'll keep it short but sweet: I love this story. And also, it's interesting that now that Willow and Tara's relationship, previously defined by social structures that both of them (mainly Tara, but I think Willow may have a little way to go - she understands a lot more than Tara, but I wonder how much she's considered herself as a person, beyond the role she's been told to fulfil, and does so excellently) were kind of vague on, has been artificially given a solid, unbending rule, it's even more complicated than ever.

PostPosted: Thu Jan 25, 2007 9:09 am 
9. Gay Now

Debra! An update! It snuck up on me!!

So, feedback.

Well, I like the smoochies :-D, Smoochies are excellent -- and Tara is smooching Willow, and that's good... but *reason* I love this story is because it makes me consider moral ambiguity and how sometimes we do things out of love that aren't good for us, or our lover. Back in the day, when this was a tv show and Willow was being all magic girl, Tara told Willow that she was making decisions for them -- and that it wasn't ok; that in a real relationship they would make decisions together.

It makes me realize that I cannot abide by smoochies alone (don't get me wrong, I am *delighted* to see the sexual tension turn physical -- I think that part of the relationship is mutual). BUT -- I long for them to be in a real relationship with love and honesty and equality.

I feel like Tara made Dani take the herbs against her will. I know she didn't mean it, but it is what happened -- and things like that can only work to undermine a relationship.

In my mind, the next step *has* to be acknowledgement of what they really want from each other. A relationship, When the *relationship* aspect is acknowledged and accepted I think it will make things much more clear.

Tara does wield power over Dani, and it *does* make everything more complicated, She's going to have to willingly put aside that power in order to have a relationship ...and, while Dani sees a lot, she is going to have to start seeing things from a wider perspective in order to understand that she will have to act as an equal in order to be an equal.

I am totally inthralled with this story and cannot wait to read more!

db

PostPosted: Fri Jan 26, 2007 6:52 am 
32. Kisses and Gay Love

PancakesinBellies – Thanks so much. I’m glad you liked it.

Miss. Darkmoon – Thanks so much. Yes, I agree that their relationship is progressing but again that they need to speak more.

Dianneswillowtree – Thank you. Yes, Tara definitely understands a lot of what is between them. But I think that you are right to be worried by quite a bit in this update.

Sara – Hello and welcome. I’ve been enjoying your fic, Chemistry, and enjoying it quite a bit. It had a bit of angst but no doubt that they would get together. Thanks for that and well done.

Thanks for the kind words regarding the flow and eloquence of this story. I’m glad it is reading that way although there are some very ugly concepts lying under the beauty of Tara’s story I think.
Quote:
It seemed so natural, just that they would always care for each other, servant and lady or not.
Yes, I think that’s exactly how it seems to Tara.

I’m glad you liked the marking. Thanks so much.

JujuDeRoussie – Hello. Please, reread all you like. I would imagine that you will notice more and more about what is going on and what is unsaid.
Quote:
It's good that Tara kissed Dani... I mean I think this had to come from her, not from Dani because of their social positions.
Absolutely.

Thanks so much.

grimlock72 – Hello there. Thanks for thinking it’s sweet and caring. Personally I find it a little like chocolate covered bugs or something: there’s a sweet and deceiving covering over some truly terrible things under them. But you are right that it’s mostly about celebrating. I definitely don’t think that Tara comprehends the meaning of being bonded (as far as from a servant’s position) but I think that’s pretty appropriate given her position. Also, she’s really an amazingly naive person.

Yes, the salve is the same stuff that was used on Tara after her marking and has opium as the main ingredient but also an antibiotic ointment for quicker healing. I think you are right about the “higher” (read: noble) people and their feelings for Dani. They truly do love her and want to honor the commitment she has made; they just have no understanding of the fact that she is now a belonging. Thanks for the compliment. The Maclays are definitely a very high level family with the utmost respect for their servants compared to some other families. Dani, as you point out knows everyone and has many responsibilities now.
Quote:
Won't she be to busy with those tasks to properly serve Tara I wondered ?
It’s all part of her duties. Now that Tara is the Lady of the Estate, Dani is destined to serve Tara in all of her Estate duties as well as personally serving her. Since Tara has an additional job (for lack of a better word) in artistry, Dani will also serve her in that pursuit. She will be quite a busy girl.

Quote:
Interesting to see that Faith and Donnie got Dani the most person-specific (for lack of a better word, personal?) gifts. That's not to say the others gifts weren't nice, but they weren't as targeted.
You’re right. I think that everyone gave her gifts that were a combination of things that were important to them and things that they knew were important to Dani. For Lord Maclay, Anne, and Melanie they chose things that were important to them (but which Dani needed) and for Donnie & Faith they chose things that were important to Dani but which they greatly respected. Does that make sense?
Quote:
Come to think of it, does Tara get to give Dani a gift? One she wants, which sorta excludes pills and drugs
Wonderful question. I really toyed with this idea but finally decided that Tara’s vow includes taking care of her girl for the rest of her life. To give her a gift would imply that she would not be taking care of her otherwise so I believe that tradition would be that the mistress would not give her servant a gift.

Thanks always.

Chris – Hey there.

Ha ha. I know what you mean about leaving feedback. Sometimes I just leave a “wow” and then intend to come back and then never do. I think that you’re saying is that they were in a very strange position and that now that they are bonded, in a way, they’re actually more undefined than they were before. I think that you are right. On one hand they are bonded by society and their family’s requirements and expectations but on the other as a mistress and servant, nothing will really be viewed as strange. If they want to be together all the time or sleep in the same rooms, that’s totally normal. It’s kind of the perfect cover for the strangeness of their relationship. Good point.

db
Quote:
An update! It snuck up on me!!
Ha ha. Wow and it took you a whole 36 hours to get feedback posted. Man…

Quote:
It makes me realize that I cannot abide by smoochies alone (don't get me wrong, I am *delighted* to see the sexual tension turn physical -- I think that part of the relationship is mutual). BUT -- I long for them to be in a real relationship with love and honesty and equality.
I totally hear you. They are having smoochies which everyone seems very happy about but they are certainly not equal.

Quote:
I feel like Tara made Dani take the herbs against her will. I know she didn't mean it, but it is what happened -- and things like that can only work to undermine a relationship.
I think that’s a totally reasonable interpretation. At best, I’d say that Tara crossed a line. Dani’s stubborn wishes were very clear to Tara the night before but she urges Dani to take them and given her power over her, it’s clear that Dani doesn’t have the strength to resist.
Quote:
In my mind, the next step *has* to be acknowledgement of what they really want from each other. A relationship, When the *relationship* aspect is acknowledged and accepted I think it will make things much more clear….Tara does wield power over Dani, and it *does* make everything more complicated, She's going to have to willingly put aside that power in order to have a relationship ...and, while Dani sees a lot, she is going to have to start seeing things from a wider perspective in order to understand that she will have to act as an equal in order to be an equal.
Hmmm. I think that would be a very nice scenario.

Thanks for the great feedback.

PostPosted: Sat Jan 27, 2007 2:14 am 
1. Blessed Wannabe

hi,
I registered (finally! been lurking a while) solely to say the following:

JustSkipIt wrote:
“Yours now.”

while reading that in any other fic that would've made me very very happy, here it made me want to bang my head against the wall. the way I interpret that is, Dani is acknowledging Tara's complete power over her now (exemplified by forcing - accidentally? - her take the herbs). you know, as opposed to some now-they-will-be-happliy-together-forever explanation. don't know if that's how you intended it.
and of course that makes Tara's happiness at those words all the more painful to the reader.

also, I've sometimes seen authors write themselves into a corner, usually in fics with nonsensical convoluted plot. nothing nonsensical or convoluted going on in this fic of course , but I'm almost afraid you're writing yourself into a corner, but with the characters, not with plot... I'm trusting you here, you're an amazing writer n' all, but I honestly don't see a happy ending here...

even if they wake up one day and decide they want a relationship as equals AND Tara graciously releases Dani from the bond, I still don't see a happy ending. Willow will still be Dani (that is, someone whose whole mentality is based on her being raised solely to be servant to her Lady) and Tara will be Lady Tara (not in a way of other people saying 'she's a Lady, she cannot be in a relationship with someone who is not noble!', but rather her retaining the Ladyship mentality). it'd require a monumental shift in thinking. does that make sense? *sigh*

Last edited by ana.log.ue on Mon Jul 16, 2012 8:51 am, edited 1 time in total.

PostPosted: Sun Jan 28, 2007 2:42 am 
6. Sassy Eggs

Debra
First, apologies for missing feedback for a few updates. I always manage to find time to read, but feedback has missed out lately. It's school holidays here and I've been busy doing summer holiday things with my daughter.

So much has happened, but still Tara and Willow seem unconcerned by the roles they're being forced to play. Interesting that Willow managed to refuse her Lady about taking the opium (or whatever) when she supposedly is incapable of such a thing. I wonder if that is what leads to the rift (in fact I suppose that Willow must run away, since it would never be accepted in this world that a servant choose to not serve their mistress) that we've been given hints of?

Given their acceptance of their fates - they've both been well trained to their blinkers - and their happines in each other, it must be something huge which breaks them apart.

Can't wait to find out.
Anne

Every path has its puddle. Old English Saying... I think I just stepped in mine...

PostPosted: Sun Jan 28, 2007 6:03 am 
14. Lesbo Street Cred

I'm writing and so horribly distracted that I haven't been checking for updates recently. Wow, I know! Sacrilegious. But hey, I'm only about 5,000 words or so away from finishing the thing I've been working on. Anyway, I did check the board this weekend and I'm glad I did. Very moving description of Dani's marks and how they affected Tara. She designed it herself, but I get the feeling that she did not expect to see their beauty, was it enhanced by the magic or her bond with Dani?

The moments that stood out for me were Tara taking tender care of Dani. I'm less bothered about Tara giving the herbal medicine to Dani now, and I think Dani is beginning to not protest. Tara getting both their clothing out for the day struck me as awfully peaceful, I don't know why. Her caressing Dani's underwear and ogling her breasts should appear kind of perverted, yet all I felt was her trying to get to grips with these strong intimate feelings stirred up by the rituals, the bonding and their, in Tara's words, glorious kiss. I get all warm and well ... warm at all the kissing they're doing in the privacy of their room.
Quote:
a quick kiss or five

heh. :lol

D'ni's presentation was of course as extravagant as I expected and the descriptions of all the gifts from the household were splendid. I can feel even Tara's excitement at them, let alone Dani's feelings at being the recipient. And more kisses at night are good, though I'm not sure how much longer they can enjoy mere kisses. Dani is less ... servant girl-y this update, but then she's in discomfort and asleep most of this chapter, and things between them are changing.

Oh, and the small digression, bringing us sharply back to the present. That was a subtle touch. Keeps us on our toes. Thank you for another wonderful update.
[br]

PostPosted: Sun Jan 28, 2007 1:44 pm 
13. Big Knowledge Woman

Quote:
Vale – Take a look at the last post in this thread. Ha ha. Here it is…

am i being a pain? :blush i just love this story. sowwie :blush

i loved this update, even if i'm sooooooooo late reading it -- i've been quite busy lately.

i felt....dismayed when Tara almost forced Dani to take the herbs. i didn't want that to happen. it looks like that Tara is already using her power, and she doesn't even realize it.

i found it sooooo sweet that everyone in the estate loved Dani so much, and all the gifts were wonderful. at the same time, it looks like she's expected to do the majority of the work now? i mean, they're all passing their responsibilities on her. i can understand the added work....but it sounded like a little too much. like, taking over the lessons for Anne and Faith for example.

their physical relationships seem to be progressing quickly, maybe a little *too* quickly. they don't realize what is it that they're doing, they're just teenagers that do what feels good. they don't understand.....and this spells trouble, to me.

now that they both have the marks i'm even more curious....i'd SO like to see them. they sound so intricate. maybe some tribal thingie?

anyway...i'll be anxiously waiting for an update....but i'll do so quietly....without posting.... :blush

great update Debra

- Mudrat

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 519 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10 ... 18  Next