The Kitten, the Witches and the Bad Wardrobe - Willow & Tara Forever

General Chat  || Kitten  || WaV  || Pens  || Mi2  || GMP  || TiE  || FAQ  || Feed - The Kitten, the Witches and the Bad Wardrobe

All times are UTC - 8 hours [ DST ]

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 3460 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 112, 113, 114, 115, 116
 Post subject: Re: Fic: - The Sidestep Chronicle & Second Chronicle
PostPosted: Sat Jul 30, 2011 12:07 pm 
23. Volumey Text

Topics: 5
For those who may be watching this thread, I've posted the first part of Sidestep - Third Chronicle on Pens. Just pending approval for it to show up.

Thanks,
Katharyn

Chance in *Chance*
-------------------------

PostPosted: Wed Aug 03, 2011 2:35 am 
1. Blessed Wannabe

Hiya, probably I am late at arriving here but I just wanted to let you know that I am reading Sidestep. Any chapter by chapter review is going to be a little redundant so I won't even attempt it. Suffice to say that I am on page 26 and looking forward to the rest

Last edited by yy4nmes on Thu Aug 11, 2011 3:50 am, edited 1 time in total.

PostPosted: Sat Aug 06, 2011 4:35 am 
23. Volumey Text

Don't feel you have to hold back :) Happy to discuss and answer any questions. Yes, I'm still a feedback whore :)

Thanks for saying you're out there reading though...

Katharyn

Chance in *Chance*

PostPosted: Sat Aug 06, 2011 3:37 pm 
1. Blessed Wannabe

Feedback whore huh? Well, don't say you didn't ask for it :)

I just finished Chapter 103 yesterday and want to let you know that it is one of, if not THE, best fanfic I have read. This is despite my initial reaction to the basis of Willow being a truly evil vampire. That was one of revulsion. You know the classic picture of people watching Dr. Who from behind the settee peeping through their fingers? That was kind of how I approached the early chapters of this tale.
Luckily for me I got caught up in the story enough to overcome my squeamishness.
Although she doesn't have a huge place in your tale, my favourite character (other than Tara and Human Willow) is your Lilah.
I genuinely shed a tear for her when she laid it all out for Tara and then what her price was. I haven't read the sequel yet but I am kind of hoping that though Lilah will become what she stated she wanted; that the love and "goodness" at her core never gets completely lost. (ok, I am soppy, freely admit it)

I loved the way that you made Tara's relationship to Vampire WIllow be completely based on obsession and lust but had Tara herself believing, well hoping, that it was love. That V Willow's actions constantly eroded Tara's feelings to the point where she simply had no choice.

Then the luscious opening and twining of the two flowers in the farm.

Off to read the next epic installment and I will try and slip a few reviews in as I go this time.

Last edited by yy4nmes on Thu Aug 11, 2011 3:51 am, edited 1 time in total.

PostPosted: Wed Aug 10, 2011 11:48 am 
23. Volumey Text

Wow, thank you for that fullsome praise :)

My memory of writing that first part of the fic is not so clear what with the time and my accident (you'll see later a huge time gap of posts) but I know this... It was essential that Vamp Willow had to be... gasp... a vampire. At the time the show was showing cuddly vampires who were abusive and that was okay because he loved her and there was a whole shipping industry right around that... This was my 'they're evil' stamp. Also I don't happen to think that a VW/Tara story is on topic (though actually mods disagreed!) and so I never wanted Tara to find any happiness with that Willow. That meant she had to be evil. Now, you can do evil and fun to read but she had to be evil so that you had a reason to want the real Willow back as a reader. Killing Faith, of course, was the final straw. There could be no more pretending at that point, but a cuddly VW couldn't kill Faith... At the end of the day, I prefer a reality that relates to pre-season 5. Vampires are evil. Period. Kill them. If you don't you're just storing up trouble.

Lilah... ah. Not sure if I would have done that if I was writing today. She was a good character, but it was flirting with something I was never totally happy with. Giving a local face to W&H was essential though and her face is cuter than Hollands :)

The thing with First Chronicle was that it was the most perfect story idea I have ever had. I regret the fact really that I wasn't a better writer at the time to exploit it (but writing it made me better). I think that Second Chronicle is better written (though my beta readers sorted me out in the First) but doesn't have the single great idea. The thing was (again governed by what had happened in teh show) I refused to hurt the girls, even for drama. I promised happy and together throughout and that limited my options (in a nice way). Third Chronicle is - I think - better written again, much tighter and story focused (less of me just veering off to write parts that were great for character but did nothing for story) but has even less of the 'single great idea' behind it... We do tie up a number of loose ends as we go though and I'm happy with it.

The thing is that Sidestep (and feedback from readers/beta readers) taught me to write to a level I am happy with. I love it for that and I love the concept... These are the characters I think of now when I think of W/T. The versions I spent years and years writing. Funny how writing does that to you but I haven't watched an episode since the week before the unmentionable moment so... in a very real way these are the girls to me. (Cept when I branch out into other fic.)

Okay, now I'm rambling. But you gave me an excuse!

Thanks so much. Hope you enjoy the second one. It's.... long.

Katharyn

Chance in *Chance*

PostPosted: Tue Jan 10, 2012 10:19 am 
23. Volumey Text

This fic continues in the Sidestep: Third Chronicle thread (also in completed fic archives)

Katharyn

Chance in *Chance*

PostPosted: Sat Feb 23, 2013 12:19 am 
2. Floating Rose

Wow... Read the SC&SC take me 3 months...and now that i finish with it i kinda want to read it again xD... I wont let a proper fb 'cause if i start to quote i will end up with a long (really long) sumary of this story and i feel sleepy right now, so i just want to say "i love your story...loved the dark places you take the characters at the begining, i love your vamp willow and your richard wilkins, and Tara obviously...in the chapter of Faith's death i cursed out loud at 3 am awakening my brother who sleeps like a trunk, and the end of the bargain to bring Willow back, that was brilliant. The transition in the farm is one of my favorites parts...there is a joke there about a equation of a certain triangle in the smmuty part that make me laugh so hard that my face was aching for hours. And about the second chonicle?... God i love Toni, and again, i love Dick Wilkins and Dru in all her majestic madness, i love fight in the sewers, the Ethan's interventions, the intrussion in the W&H building kick ass, and the Mayors ascention...even trough the Llily and Ruth arc made me sad, really sad, i still love the mayor lol.
In conclusion i really love this story, is now in my top 5 W/T FF you are an amazing writer, but probably you know that already, so i'll just let you know that i'll read the third chronicle now, and thank you for the incredible journey, the time i spend reafing this marvellous and extraordinary tale, it really was worth it, thanks for sharing and keep writing, good luck and fortune!!! -___-\m/

PostPosted: Sat Feb 23, 2013 12:54 pm 
23. Volumey Text

Hi, Rauko, thank you so much for stopping to add some feedback. Very nice of you and pure coincidence I noticed so soon after you left it! please excuse any nonsense below, predictive text sucks...

You may have noticed in my feedback responses my memory isn't what it was so I am sure you know this story much better than I now :)

It was enormous fun to do all that stuff you described, taking it to dark places. All but one thing... Faith's end was not so fun, but it was the making of the story and the only thing that would make it all work. So it had to be.

I just love the fact that you found so many things worked so well for you and you can recall them after so much material! It's only thanks to Xita that the story went through that whole transition at the end of first chronicle. I was really going to leave it on a high, but brief, note! Obviously I kept going!

It changes a lot in second chronicle. The darkness was further away and had I known at the very start I'd be going there, maybe first chronicle wouldn't have ended where it did? Bu there was plenty of story there, one of those moments of inspiration that just laid it all out for me. Rare, I can tell you!

Third chronicle is different again, shorter, more concise and more like a novel but... Rounds things off nicely. As you may have noticed, I hate loose ends or questions being left unanswered!

Thank you so much for your kind words, they mean a lot and equally that someone is still enjoying this. It's been a part of about a quarter of my life to date so... Yeah, this means a lot to me and its special when someone finds it for the first time so thank YOU very much and well done for being so bold as to read it all even knowing how big it got!

Katharyn

Chance in *Chance*

PostPosted: Tue Nov 15, 2016 4:31 pm 
1. Blessed Wannabe

I can tell you as far as I read, that I don't feel uncomfortable at all with the VW/T interaction. It obviously lacks the sweetness of the real W/T relationship, but it is sweet in its own way. I really like this fic so far... although a little smut wouldn't have been bad at all ;)...
Let's see what you give in the next chapters and sequel...
Cheers!.

Enviado desde mi SM-J111M mediante Tapatalk

PostPosted: Wed Nov 16, 2016 9:01 pm 
1. Blessed Wannabe

This comment up ahead was when it was like in the "beggining" of VW/T relationship. Right now I'm with Tara visiting Giles and Faith for the first time... I love it as far as I've read, I can imagine the joy ahead :)

Enviado desde mi SM-J111M mediante Tapatalk

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 3460 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 112, 113, 114, 115, 116