The Kitten, the Witches and the Bad Wardrobe - Willow & Tara Forever

General Chat  || Kitten  || WaV  || Pens  || Mi2  || GMP  || TiE  || FAQ  || Feed - The Kitten, the Witches and the Bad Wardrobe

All times are UTC - 8 hours [ DST ]

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 506 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2, 3, 4, 5 ... 17  Next
 Post subject: Catching Sunflowers In Bloom
PostPosted: Wed Oct 06, 2004 12:39 am 
30. Sweaty and Kinda Gay

Author- Miss Kittys ball O Yarn

Disclaimer- we all know the drill..but I guess it must be said... I don't own anything even remotely related to Willow and Tara nor do I plan to get anything that resembles monetary gain for such creative musing. The great and powerful Joss owns all and I am not but a unimportant bug to be crushed. (now that that's been said...)

Summary- The starting point is simple, beginning innocently enough with a road trip between father and daughter. Let the seeds take root as we are brought forth into a journey of epic proportions. I dare not say more...

Rating- PG13 for now...cause with the main characters being too young for anything more that shy glances and feelings of smittenness....But prepare of a rating change within the next couple of updates...

Note: Okay kittens... sighing... yes I know that this little jaunt into creative oblivion will take my total count, in the category of unfinished works up to a grand total of three... But fret not... for...I've been working on this one for quite a while and it is completed already...I will be posting as I type what I've written into my computer. So Updates will be often....

Feedback? Please let me know what you think...cause I love feedback. I hope you enjoy.

Catching Sunflowers In Bloom

Part One: Thus begins the journey

Willow sat staring gloomily out the window of her parents black Lexis. This road-trip sure hadn't been her idea, It was her father's way of dealing with his guilt over the lack of time he had spent with her over the course of her life, she was sure.

As a last ditch effort at quality family time Mr. Rosenberg had packed up his fourteen year old daughter and insisted she join him on an adventurous jaunt into destinations unknown-- A joyous, cross-country road-trip that, to Willow's way of thinking, bordered on form of torture that she‘d read about in a history book once. She thought she recalled an excerpt in which ancient peoples would torture prisoners by taking them for long canoe rides down the Amazon River...okay...so that wasn't exactly what it had said, but it was close enough.

Willow's fifteenth birthday was to be a turning point. In a couple of years she would be in college, and his baby would be swallowed up in society's ravenous hunger to feed on the younger generation. At least that was what her father had said a few weeks ago, when he'd first started mentioning this trip.

They had been on the road since yesterday morning and already the heat of summer had effectively cut through the car's interior shield of air-conditioning, and was more than prepared to bake any part of Willow's skin that got near the heat of the glass window.

They drove across the desert, eastern bound, the destination still unknown, to Willow anyway. But her father seemed to know where he was going, which was probably a good thing, seeing how Willow really didn't want to be driving aimlessly around without an end point of some kind.

She had asked him about where they were going but he had refused to answer her, stating that the fun was in the getting there not in the destination itself. This didn't sit well with Willow, she'd much rather know before-hand. If she had to guess though she would say that they were probably heading to New York for her father’s business meeting.

Willow smirked at the thought. It would be just like her father to do something like that--drag her all the way out here only to end up sitting in a hotel room somewhere while her father went to meeting after meeting. The cell phone next to her on the seat began to ring. She picked it up and saw her mother's name light across the display screen.

Willow’s mother was another story all together. At least her father was making an effort; Sheila had simply refused to go with them, using the excuse that she had to be in Seattle for an important conference. Then again that hadn't been a big surprise to Willow, her mother was always gone on some business trip. It was a well known fact that Sheila Rosenberg preferred work to raising her child.

"It's Mom, Dad," Willow said, her voice reflecting no emotion to speak of.

"Let it ring...If she asks about it we'll just say we were out of range."

Willow's father chuckled at the thought of getting "one over" on Sheila Rosenberg.

"How about some music, kiddo?"

Ira glanced back at her through the rear-view mirror. Without waiting for an answer, he flipped the switch on the radio and some band from the decade before songs had actual lyrics began to play.

Mr. Rosenberg seemed to be enjoying himself and Willow didn't want to begrudge him his fun so she smiled and pretended to get into it, when in reality she wished she was back in California, in her room, with her computer. But all the pretending in the world wasn’t going to make her any more happy about being stuck out on this road trip with her father, and in a matter of minutes she was, once again, staring forlorn out the steaming window.

Two days after their horrid journey began, Willow stood with her mouth agape in front of a decrepit looking building that even in its hay-day would have been considered a dilapidated, white-washed shack.

"What do you think, Kiddo?" Ira asked.

Willow looked over at her father, who stood happily looking up at what, in Willow's mind, had just morphed into a miniature Alcatraz prison, where trying to escape was completely pointless on account of the freezing cold waves.

She gave her father another look, but still he stood grinning, completely oblivious to his own daughter’s misgivings. Willow managed a few incomprehensible noises and that seemed to appease her father, because he picked up a couple of suitcases and headed for the paint-chipped stairs leading up to the front door.

Eight hours, nine minutes and twenty-seven seconds later Willow found herself walking alone down a stereotypical dirt road, kicking a random stone with each step.

She looked down the long dusty road. As it turned out this "quality time with her father had been a bust. Instead of getting to spend her days wandering the streets of New York, or in a stuffy hotel room, her father had actually expected her to spend time with him.

She had been completely wrong about the business trip, instead she found herself in the middle of nowhere, somewhere... and in the foothills of Kansas, which seemed nearly impossible because as far as her knowledge went, Kansas was completely flat and didn't even have foothills. Yet here she was--foothills and all.

Willow sighed. looking around, she could see nothing for miles except for farmhouses peppering the landscape on the left and right side of her.

Other than the farmhouses, an occasional cow would look up from its dinner of grass, chew a couple times in her direction before returning to his previous engagement of eating more grass.

Willow definitely wasn't a country girl, not that she lived in a big city or anything, but she was certain that cows were supposed to do something more than eat and stare...In kindergarten they taught the children that cows say Moo, but Willow could see now that all that had been a complete fabrication. She'd seen at least thirty cows since she'd been there and not one of them said anything close to 'Moo'.

Other than the defective cows, there was nothing else, had been nothing else, and Willow was sure, would be nothing else for the rest of her stay there.

The farmhouse Her father had rented a couple miles back the way she'd come didn‘t even have a television-- not that Willow ever watched that much television, but it sure beat standing around while her Father practiced his Golf swing for hours on end.

She had needed to get away for a little while, and that's the reason Willow presently stood alone, dust flying in sheets around her head , staring off into the distance and thinking on the whys and wherefores of public education. She walked over to the side of the road, leaned against the wooden fence that separated the road from yet another farm house and stuck her hands in her pockets.

Moments later she froze as she felt what appeared to be a nibble at the back of her neck. Something very large seemed to be breathing heavily through her hair and with each breath she could feel the moist nose of the thing nuzzling her.

Willow, finding her feet at last, bolted from the fence just as the nuzzles turned to a very wet snort in her ear. "Oh my god! Oh my God! Oh my God!" Willow said squealing. She turned around, and to her fright stood the most hideous beast imaginable.

Willow prepared to run, when the demon barred its large yellow teeth at her. The monster before her was quite formidable, and Willow had the sense that she stood no chance against such a creature, also, she was really scared...her legs were all wobbly...yes her best bet would be to run.

"A-are you alright?"

A blonde girl about her age came jogging up behind the beast, she wore a worried expression on her face. Willow momentarily forgot her fright when the girl spoke to her. The other girls voice was like creamy peanut butter. The real spread-able kind.

Coming back to her good senses Willow realized that the girl had asked her a question. And she thought she should answer her, instead of standing there puzzled by how anyone’s eyes could be blue-er than deep pools of water.

Willow patted her body just to make sure she still had all her parts before answering. "Yes...I’m okay..." She suddenly felt quite silly for being frightened, for what she thought had been a horrible beast upon closer inspection had turned out to be nothing more than a really scary horse.

The girl laughed. Clearly she was amused by Willow's actions. Willow returned the smile with one of her own when she watched the blonde offer an apple to the horse.

"This is my horse, Kaneeda" The blonde said patting the horse behind its pointed ears. "And my name's Tara..."

The girl climbed up onto the fence, and sat on the edge of it. She swung her feet over the railing and jumped onto the grass next to Willow. The blonde dusted her hands on her weathered jeans before offering her hand to Willow.

Taking Tara’s hand, shyly, Willow felt their palms touch. Then she was blushing, and had no idea why she was doing such a thing.

Willow was mesmerized for an instant by the sun shinning through Tara's hair, and then a loud sound pierced the moment and both girls seemed startled.

"Tara!"

A man called from the doorway of the house a good half a mile away. Willow couldn't really get a good look at him, but he appeared to be older. Willow saw Tara jump slightly as the man called her a second time.

This time Willow caught a seed of anger in his voice. She watched Tara back away and climb back over the fence. Willow wanted to ask the girl to stay, but it was apparent that Tara was going to leave.

"Y-you're not from h-here are you?" Tara asked jumping the rest of the way over the fence.

"Willow shook her head. "I’m staying at the-"

"At the old Nelsen farm house, r-right?"

"Right....how did you know?"

"Word gets around."

She had been beyond smitten the moment Tara smiled at her...it was this completely adorable half smile, that seemed to light up her whole face.

The girl started to run backward toward the sound of the angry man's voice but was still looking at her when she shouted, asking Willow what her name was. "Willow…," Willow called out, feeling her cheeks brightening even more. It was a good thing Tara was far enough away that she wouldn’t see her face burning. By that time she was sure it was an exact match with her red hair.

" Willow.... I'll see you later, okay?"

Willow only had time to nod her consent before Tara had turned around and was running full throttle toward the chipped, white two-story house. She stood there silently as she watched Tara disappear through the door and into that house.

She considered the fact that she too should head back, but something kept her feet from moving even an inch away from where she was. When her feet finally would move she found herself extremely confused as to what had just happened.

Blinking, she started the two mile walk back to the house her father had rented. The scenery was the same as before, only, this time Willow hand a slightly better attitude about the whole situation; which in turn caused the grass, cows, and endless miles of nothingness to seem suddenly exciting and new.

TBC

Last edited by Emms on Sat Mar 10, 2007 11:01 am, edited 2 times in total.

Post subject: reply to finish this cute story
PostPosted: Wed Oct 06, 2004 1:42 am 
oh opkay. this is too, mcute for words. but please do continue.

Post subject: Re: Catching Sunflowers In Bloom
PostPosted: Wed Oct 06, 2004 2:04 am 
Ya Continue! Its So Cute! Adorable Little Tara And Willow Being All Smitten! Adorable :love

So Yes Please Do Continue! :D

D2D

Dreams To Dream In The Dark Of The Night, When The World Goes Wrong, I Can Still Make It Right...- Dreams To Dream

Oh Wouldn't It Be Wonderful If I Turned Out To Be A Homosexual?!! - Stewie Griffen Family Guy

Post subject: Yes please
PostPosted: Wed Oct 06, 2004 6:23 am 
Hi Emms! :wave

Yes, please continue. This is absolutely precious, and the nuzzling with the horse was just too funny.

I eagerly await your next installment.

Wimpy

"There was plenty of magic." ~ Tara

PostPosted: Wed Oct 06, 2004 8:17 am 
This is great so far!

I could relate to Willow's thoughts about Kansas being flat because I thought the same thing until I went to a family reunion there last year. It really isn't. :D

Loved the "defective cow" comment and the lines;

Quote:
"The other girls voice was like creamy peanut butter. The real spreadable kind."

So please continue. :D

PostPosted: Wed Oct 06, 2004 8:56 am 
*jumps up and down with excitement* Emms!!! and a new story... this is good please continue with it.. I'll sit and wait.. *star at screen*

-reds:willow

my banana dances for smut :banana

Tara in a wet shirt, Tara in a wet shirt. Tara in. A. Wet. Shirt. “Of course.”-Willow From Remember to Breath By Yellow Crayon

PostPosted: Wed Oct 06, 2004 2:22 pm 
Ooh, this looks like a fun one! Um, except for the angry man and all. :) The horse thing cracked me up...so Willow.

Please continue

PostPosted: Wed Oct 06, 2004 4:20 pm 
:wave I really like this! I hope you continue soon. :pray Hannah.

PostPosted: Wed Oct 06, 2004 5:28 pm 
I like this story. It's going to be really interesting.

Great job. More soon.

brittney

~Good friends help you move. Real friends help you move the body.~

Post subject: Catching Sunflowers In Bloom
PostPosted: Wed Oct 06, 2004 10:09 pm 
i agree with everyone this story is soooo cute!!

you should most definatly continue!!!

-----------------------------

you were the one, you were the only one and you were amazing

PostPosted: Wed Oct 06, 2004 11:31 pm 
Oh good lord.. you've got me already hooked on another fic..

This is absolutely the epitomy of adorableness. I laughed my ass off at the Cow comments :rofl I really don't know why it was so funny, but seriously it took me a while to settle down.

And of course Willow freaking out about the horse, and the aww factor of the first meet :D

I adore this already, so please continue with it!

Ashleigh

"...A-and I'm gonna make it up to you. Starting right now."

(Starts to smile)"Right now?"

PostPosted: Thu Oct 07, 2004 7:23 am 
30. Sweaty and Kinda Gay

Hi everyone!! :bigwave thanks to all your wonderful responses, I have actually begun to type out the next part....you'll like it...it has everything a person could want... insomnia...daring escapes...and late night rendezvous..

Remember not to worry guys....this whole story is completed (In my scragity old notebook anyway) all that remains is to type it out. So... Woo Hoo!...... *has to go and do some more typity type typing just for you kittens.

Bye bye :wave

xoxo

Emms

oh and ps... a special note to Ashleigh Getting you hooked on yet another story was my evil plan all along... :smug Hopefully now that you've seen how much time and energy I put into trapping you, you'll stick around. huh? will ya? :glasses

The people I'm furious with are the womens's liberationists. They keep getting up on soapboxes and proclaiming women are brighter than men. That's true, but it should be kept quiet or it ruins the whole racket.----

Anita Loos

Edited by: MissKittys Ball O Yarn at: 10/7/04 6:27 am

Post subject: hmm..
PostPosted: Thu Oct 07, 2004 7:18 pm 
Interesting story, I must say. The Willow/Ira road trip kind of reminded me of that Goofy movie with Goofy taking Max on a fishing trip. I love it.

No matter how many fics I read, Mr. Maclay away manages to piss me off! :fit2 Can't he just leave Tara alone?! The Maclay men are seriously demented.

Is Willow going to rescue Tara? All knight in shining armor-y? Without the armor... and the horse, of course.

I can't wait for the next chapter, you've got me hooked, so type away! :banana

Nike

Post subject: Re: hmm..
PostPosted: Thu Oct 07, 2004 10:34 pm 
30. Sweaty and Kinda Gay

Nike the goofy movie is one of my very favorites. The songs are just hilarious!! heheh and Max is too cool!

Im glad you like my little story. Hooked is good. And like I've said before...also a part of my evil plan.

I agree with you... Mr Maclay is a total meany and I dislike him very much!

oh and...there could be some rescuing..but you'll have to stick around to find out...Cause...i'll never tell.....

Author- Emms
Disclaimer- we all know the drill..but I guess it must be said... I don't own anything even remotely related to Willow and Tara nor do I plan to get anything that resembles monetary gain for such creative musing. The great and powerful Joss owns all and I am not but a unimportant bug to be crushed. (now that that's been said...)
Summary- The starting point is simple, beginning innocently enough with a road trip between father and daughter. Let the seeds take root as we are brought forth into a journey of epic proportions. I dare not say more...
Rating- PG13 for now...cause with the main characters being too young for anything more that shy glances and feelings of smittenness....But prepare of a rating change within the next couple of updates...
Note- Okay kittens... sighing... yes I know that this little jaunt into creative oblivion will take my total count, in the category of unfinished works up to a grand total of three... But fret not... for...I've been working on this one for quite a while and it is completed already...I will be posting as I type what I've written into my computer. So Updates will be often....

Feedback-Please let me know what you think...cause I love feedback. I hope you enjoy

Catching Sunflowers In Bloom: Chapter Two

Tara had finished her dinner, so she busied herself with the task of clearing the dishes off the table. She took her father's plate first, but was careful not to make eye contact with him. Keeping her head down, she walked carefully to the kitchen sink. She ran the cold water then the hot, testing the temperature by putting her finger into the clear stream of water

Tara watched the bubbles from the dish soap form in the sink; all the time listening for the sound of her father leaving the kitchen. When she heard his chair scoot across the linoleum she let out the breath she had been holding in.

She stood there at the sink scrubbing away what was left of the meatloaf her mother had cooked. But her thoughts wouldn’t be still. They began to drift away from where she stood, to a more pleasant time and place-- to that afternoon and the meeting with the redhead "Willow…," Tara reminded herself.

She thought about how nice it had been to see someone her own age again. Summer was only mid way through and the last person she'd seen outside her own family was on the last day of school and that had been over a month ago.

The only other person even remotely close to her age was her brother Donny. And even though he was three years older than her, he acted much younger and definitely wasn't someone with whom she could talk to. The other girls at school were not always kind to her and Tara often felt like an outsider. even among her own family.

In some ways Donny was worse to her than her father, not in the obvious way, his was more subtle but none the less hurtful.

She liked the thought of Willow and the possible friendship they would share. Tara blushed when she thought of how bold she'd been in talking to the redhead out on the road that afternoon. Tara couldn't understand it, but there was something special about the other girl…she just knew they would be best friends.

All Tara knew about Willow was from what she could pick up from disjointed conversations she'd overheard her father having with Mr. Nelson. She had found out that Willow's father was a CEO of some big name company in Los Angeles and that he had rented the Nelsen place months before he and Willow had arrived that morning. But that was all she knew. Tara was curious to see the girl again. Really, she couldn't figure out why she was feeling so bold. It was a mystery.

So immersed in thought was she that Tara didn't even notice the sound of her father entering the kitchen and was startled when his harsh tone cut through her lovely thoughts about Willow.

"Tara aren't you done with those dishes yet?"

"N-no sir." Tara flinched at the anger in her father’s voice. He looked at her scornfully before stalking heavily from the kitchen once more.

Tara was grateful he was leaving in the morning. Her father was a salesman and spent most of the time on the road. Tara didn't know how long he would be gone this time, but she suspected it would be at least a few weeks. She had seen her mother ironing his good pants and that always meant that he'd be going as far as the corporate office, which was located three states away.

Tara dried the dishes then put them away. Looking out the kitchen window, her eyes sought out her father's present location. She was relieved to see that he was outside loading boxes into his old truck. Tara dried her hands and headed upstairs to see if her mom needed help with anything.

Tara found her mother in the bedroom packing the last bits of her father's clothing into a worn suitcase .

"Did you finish the dishes honey? You know how your father is about that," her mother said softly.

"Yes Mama," Tara said, sitting down on the bed next to her mother. She noticed how worn and tired her mother looked. It made Tara sad to see her that way, and she diverted her eyes to the old pair of socks that were laying on the bed.

Tara didn't know how much more time her mother had before the cancer would send her from the world but by the slow way her mom was moving she suspected there wasn't much time left. Tara knew the only thing keeping her mother going as long as she had, was her deep devotion to Tara and her brother and the rosemary she burned once a month in a secret ceremony that only she and Tara knew about.

Things like Magik had to be kept a well hidden secret in her household. If her father knew that her mother was still practicing...well Tara didn't know what would happen...but she did know for a fact that it was something she never wanted to find out.

Odessa Maclay was a well respected woman in their community and this didn't sit well with her father. He did everything in his power to keep the women in his family in their "place". But the Maclay women couldn't be broken so easily, and each time her father left for the road, her mother would teach Tara new spells and secret Magiks that had been passed down from generations before them. Tara loved this special time with her mother and dreaded the inevitable day when it would end.

As if sensing her daughter's thoughts Odessa leaned over to kiss Tara's forehead. "Honey, why don't you go on upstairs and get some sleep," She suggested.

Tara nodded "Goodnight Mama," She said kissing the woman's cheek.

"Goodnight honey," Tara and her mother shared a knowing smile...for tomorrow, her father would be gone and the Maclay women would get some much needed rest.

Willow lay tossing and turning on her lumpy mattress doing everything but sleeping. Currently she was thinking about Tara and had been thinking about Tara for the past forty-seven minutes.

This morning had started out normal enough, if you discounted the fact that Willow was in an actual rundown farmhouse, playing "father/daughter" with Ira. But she supposed that up until the horse incident this afternoon everything had been as normal as it was going to get.

"The horse incident", as she now referred to it, was precisely the moment when things in Willow's brain had gone all wonky. Not to mention the fact that she hadn't expected to see anyone who wasn't dressed in overalls or had some form of hay sticking from their teeth anywhere in the vicinity. Tara, had been a total shock. Willow had been drawn to the girl right away...even now something about the girl called to her and Willow could think of nothing else.

Willow’s thoughts skipped to wondering what Tara was doing at that very moment. She pictured her asleep in a cozy bed... A bed without lumps...a bed that had actually passed the child welfare regulatory mattress check. Not like the one Willow, herself, slept on... Hers felt more like it was stuffed with hay.

Willow flipped over onto her back. It was no use, there was no way she was going to get to sleep any time soon. not to mention the fact that her pajamas insisted on twisting around her body even though she was lying perfectly still. Willow tugged at her yummy birthday cake pajama top, straightening it around her body.

After another fifteen minutes of listening to the incredibly loud sound of crickets Willow kicked her blankets to the side. "Ugh...forget this…," Willow groaned. She got up and padded over to the bedroom window, pushing it open, she looked out.

Willow's eyes directed themselves in the direction of Tara's house. She could see it standing alone in the middle of the large expanse of grass that surrounded it. Willow noticed there was a single light burning and it appeared to be coming from what might have been the attic.

Slipping her sneakers on, Willow ducked through the window, resting her feet outside on the black, shingled roof. The air was a lot cooler out there, it was a stark contrast to the afternoon heat she had experienced earlier.

Willow examined her pajamas and deciding that the cows wouldn't care if she wore them outside. Willow pushed herself the rest of the way out the window and once on the roof, took a look around for any possible escape routes.

"How convenient" Willow thought when her eyes fell upon the tree that grew on the side of the house. It was a perfect height for climbing and it would do nicely in getting her to the ground. She was a little nervous though. Willow hadn't climbed a tree since the time she and Xander were five and had climbed the tree in his front yard to get a better look at the fire trucks that had been parked outside his house....To this day she was sure that Xander still thought she'd set the fire just so he could see real fire trucks on his birthday.

Willow wiped the palm of her hands on her pajama bottoms, and tucking a strand of red hair behind her ear, she mounted the tree and slowly made her way down to the ground. Not until her feet touched grass did Willow worry about how she was going to get back inside without being noticed. She decided she would worry about that later...right now she would take a walk and see if things looked any different at night.

Willow had been walking for quite a while before she looked up and found herself standing outside Tara's house...She blinked, and was momentarily confused as to how she had gotten there. She'd been walking and thinking and then "Poof!" there she was, standing in the dark, outside Tara's house in her yummy birthday cake Pj's and sneakers. She looked up in time to see a flash of blond hair pass behind the uppermost window.

Willow realized that the light she had seen from her house must have been in Tara's room and instantly felt like a perverted peeping Tom. Backing away, she bumped into something furry and oddly familiar. Willow let out an uncontrollable shriek, her hand shooting up instantly to cover her mouth and prevent her from making any further noise.

Willow stood absolutely still even as Kaneeda attempted to eat the faux chocolaty goodness off of Willow's Pajama top. She hoped Tara hadn't heard her, but the sound of the window sliding up and the sight of a blonde head poking out dashed any hope Willow might have had about getting out of there undetected.

"W-who's there?"

whispered a voice from up above. Willow planned on remaining silent but that plan was soon ruined when Kaneeda butted Willow on the back with her head. Willow lurched forward, stumbling into the light that spilled from the bulb, burning above the back door.

"Willow...Is that you?"

"Sort of…," Willow whispered loudly.

"What are you doing down there? " Tara peered over the window ledge.” Are you alright?" She called down when Willow didn't respond.

"I’m fine...Just a little...confused, kinda chilly, and a little sweaty. Willow realized that she might be giving too much information, but the thought had occurred too late. Tara had asked if she was alright, after all, she hadn’t asked for a full report on Willow’s every vital sign.

"You want to come up?"

Willow didn't really have to think about this very long. In truth she was sure that coming up was the only cure for whatever fever she had. Willow nodded, unsure if Tara could see her response in the dim, yellow light.

"Can you climb that?" Tara indicated the lattice work woven against the side of the overhang. It went up to the second story roof and from there willow saw she could climb the five feet up the ledge straight into Tara's bedroom window.

Willow set herself to the task as quietly as she could. she knew that it would not do if Tara's parents woke up and found Willow dangling off the side of their house like a demented superman. She wasn't afraid that they might call her father, in truth she wasn't sure he'd even care, but it would be unseemly nonetheless.

The climbing part wasn't hard at all, Willow made short work of it. Reaching the ledge only took about five minutes. The part posing the most trouble was hefting her slight weight in through the actual window... She felt Tara grab her arm and gently pull her in through the small space.

"Hi…," Willow said cutely, after she'd recovered from her slightly awkward entrance. Tara's hand still held Willow's arm and the redhead felt a tingly sensation underneath those slim digits touching her. Willow looked curiously into Tara's blue eyes.

Tara, realizing herself, self consciously pulled her hand away. But there was no turning back the spark of something had passed between them.

The girls stood silently on the edge of destiny as fireflies gathered unnoticed outside, whispering secrets. Their own glow seeming dim under the radiance of the meeting taking place behind the wall above them.

TBC

Last edited by Emms on Sat Mar 10, 2007 11:11 am, edited 3 times in total.

Post subject: Re: hmm..
PostPosted: Thu Oct 07, 2004 11:16 pm 
How cutie.. She climbed up the lattice work... It's like Romeo and Juliet... :luv2

And poor tara's mom... that was sad... they don't have much time left...:sob

Tara's dad.. lets not go there....:rage

update soon... i'm just loving it

Tara in a wet shirt, Tara in a wet shirt. Tara in. A. Wet. Shirt. “Of course.”-Willow From Remember to Breath By Yellow Crayon

Post subject: Awwww!!
PostPosted: Fri Oct 08, 2004 10:01 am 
:wave Awwww! This is the cutest story! Please continue! :) Hannah.

Post subject: Re: Awwww!!
PostPosted: Fri Oct 08, 2004 10:49 am 
aww its so sweet! hehe...i loved willow freaking out when she came face to face with 'the beast!' that is kaneeda...very cute...cant wait for more!

and your evil plan is still working...youve hooked another one! whats next...world domination?!

~mel:kdevil

'The Cat in the Hat' is fine, just not during sex.--Alyson Hannigan

Post subject: Double Awwww
PostPosted: Fri Oct 08, 2004 2:45 pm 
Oh Emms...you are amazing.

I'm thinking you load yourself up on tons of sugary goodness before you write and then all that sweetness just oozes out of your fingers and into your wonderful characters.

These two girls are just adorable. I love the way you have worked so many subtle things into your story from the real episodes...Willow's yummy birthday cake PJs (the dreaded Veruca scene) and Xander thinking she set the fire so he could have firetrucks. I love these details.

I'm also thinking I really like Kaneeda. That horse is helping the girls right along with the little nudges. And trying to eat her PJs was just too cute! Oooh, maybe they can take a midnight ride??? Just a thought. ;)

And of course, the tingly sensation *sigh*.

Yes, definitely want more soon please!

Wimpy

Post subject: Re: Double Awwww
PostPosted: Fri Oct 08, 2004 8:12 pm 
30. Sweaty and Kinda Gay

WickedReds Oh yes Romeo and Juliet yes that fits perfectly...except for the tragic ending *cause we'll have none of that around here Missy!! ) :D Seriously though...I wouldn't want to be in the middle of that argument. Willow and Tara both fighting over who gets to be Juliet and who is stuck being the Romeo.. :smash

Thank you for your thoughts my dear.

Hannah Your wish is my command. *sprinkles fairy dust in your eyes as I dash away mischievously.

Alysagoddess *Evil laugh* MUAHHAAHAA Yes indeed world domination!! And it all starts innocently enough with an incorrigible horse, who wins favor in the hearts of many and becomes famous throughout the world... ( I haven't quite worked out the details yet, but I intend to run as vice president under Kaneeda as she campaigns to become president!!) (Woah...way too much caffeine...someone take this mocha away from me now....)

Awww!!! Wimpy you are too cute when you talk about my oozing sugary sweetness! :stop

and Im so happy that you picked up on the detail thing.... Its kinda weird though cause I have three stories going at one time and they are all completely different in style.. but I'm a born multi-tasker, so its all good.

Isn't Kaneeda too special? hehe she's definitely acting as catalyst in bringing out girls together...but even if she didn't...you know...nudge...Im sure our girls would've been fine.. :luv

thanks to everyone who's enjoying, even if you don't leave feedback I still luv ya! :wave

xoxo

Emms

The people I'm furious with are the womens's liberationists. They keep getting up on soapboxes and proclaiming women are brighter than men. That's true, but it should be kept quiet or it ruins the whole racket.----

Anita Loos

Edited by: MissKittys Ball O Yarn at: 1/15/05 9:44 pm

Post subject: Re: Double Awwww
PostPosted: Fri Oct 08, 2004 10:04 pm 
This is a precious little story. I can't wait to see how the ladies get to know one another.

Tara: My heart doesn't stutter.

Tara: Willow, I got so lost.

Willow: I found you. I will always find you.

Post subject: yeeaaay
PostPosted: Sat Oct 09, 2004 9:09 am 
Hey didn't I have a special comment or somethin? :p Anyways yes I am definately hooked and I absolutely loved this update! So cute with the sneakin out and then the climbin up the tree for her. :D They need to have some midnight fun eh? :smug

Welp I can't wait to see what you have next in store for us so gimmie?! Please? :flirt

Keep it comin

Ashleigh

PS- It's really frickin early here and I am still half asleep so I apologize for poopy feedback lol :sleepy

Post subject: update
PostPosted: Sun Oct 10, 2004 2:54 am 
30. Sweaty and Kinda Gay

All Disclaimers Apply

Part three: Sunflowers in Bloom

The last two weeks had been the best of Willow's life. She and Tara had been practically inseparable, only leaving each other in the evenings after the sun had gone down. But not even night could truly separate them. As Willow would often climb out her bedroom window to sit on the roof...she'd look in the direction of Tara's house to find the blonde at her own window waiting-- waiting for Willow. It was something they never spoke aloud of though, maybe it was because they didn't understand why they needed that constant connection.

Today, they sat under the tree in Tara's back yard. They had been lazily making daisy chains for the last hour as the sun scorched the ground around them. The shade of the tree was their only refuge.

Tara had taught her the fine art of daisy chain making the day before, and by today Willow was already an expert. She put the last flower on before connecting the ends together. Willow turned to Tara, crowning her with the pretty flowers.

She couldn't help thinking how beautiful Tara looked at that moment. Was it weird to be thinking that about her friend? She didn't really have the answer to that question...she only knew the way she felt.

Willow didn't have any other friends that were girls...Just Xander and Jesse and she'd certainly never caught herself thinking about how beautiful they looked, but Maybe it was different with girls…maybe girls thought that stuff about each other all the time. Willow looked out at the Field of wild sunflowers that grew behind Tara's house.

The sunflowers had become a favorite place of the girls these past few weeks. Willow was in awe each time she saw them, it was definitely a sight she didn't see in Sunnydale.

Their presence reminded her of her place in the cosmos and how small she really was compared to something as grand as the Sunflowers seemed.

A bee buzzed passed Willow's head, bringing her back to the moment at hand and causing her to turn her face in the other direction; in hope that the bee would give up and go away--if she couldn't see it then it couldn't see her, that was her philosophy anyway.

"Come on" Tara said softly.

Willow felt Tara touch her fingers ever so lightly. A wisp of wind caressing a blade of grass wouldn't have been lighter than that touch.

Willow felt a warm shiver every time Tara touched her, though the instances were rare. It was almost like they were afraid to touch each other...like they were hyper aware of each other's presence. She didn't quite know how to describe it, not even to herself.

Tara was smiling at her now and Willow could do nothing but stand and follow the blonde to the edge of the forest of flowers. Tara disappeared inside, but willow stopped just at the edge. When she turned back she could see Tara's mom watching them from an upstairs window. Mrs. Odessa was smiling down at Willow and her presence only added to the warmth of the afternoon.

Willow turned, disappearing through the six foot blooms. She looked around her, but Tara was nowhere in sight. It was a game they had played often.

Willow took a deep breath...closing her eyes...she focused on an image of Tara in her mind. Willow began to walk, sure of foot and with her eyes closed, through the tall flowers. Willow never paused, she let her feet guide her, all the time remaining focused on the thought of Tara.

Willow stopped. Opening her eyes slowly, she was greeted with bright blue eyes and a smile that melted something inside willow each and every time she was rewarded with it. "Found you…," Willow said softly.

"You always find me.…," Tara replied, her voice serious.

Inside the swaying rows of flowers, taller than both girls, was a faint breeze that caused the blooms to dance as if they were being pulled softly by a string that was tied around each thick stalk.

It was the height of the season and the sunflowers were in full bloom. Their nutty scent wafted through the air and yellow pollen dusted Willow and Tara's bodies as they brushed passed them. They were on the way to their special place. Somewhere in the distance a dog began to bark.

Tara pushed her way through the web of flowers, stepping right into the circular clearing, she sat down on the grass that grew there. Tara had somehow gotten ahead of Willow so she rested back on her arms and waited for the red-head to catch up.

It didn't take long and Tara looked up as Willow stepped into the clearing. They smiled at each other. Willow's eyes were sparkling, and the smell of grass, blew hot through the air as if a lawn mower might be cutting somewhere nearby, this seemed plausible, though the day was as silent as a bear in winter.

Willow sat down next to her, her body was so close to Tara that the blonde could have reached out and touched her without hardly moving at all. They didn't touch, however, even though it was apparent to both of them how easy it would have been.

The longing to hold Willow's hand but still being unsure of what that meant made Tara's heart beat speed up. She couldn't help but think about Willow's ultimate departure. Summer was nearly over and that meant Willow would be going back to California.
Tara sat up, hugging her knees to her chest. She felt cold, even though it had to be 90 degrees outside.

"Cold..?" Willow asked, sensing the change in mood.

Tara didn't say anything as Willow put her arm around her. She rested her head on Willow's shoulder. Tara closed her eyes. Willow smelled like strawberries and the smell assaulted Tara's senses with its sweetness, making her a little dizzy.

Tara hadn't expected this closeness, It was nearly too much for her and she knew she would have to pull away before she did something she couldn't take back…like pressing her lips to Willow's cheek. She wondered how that would feel...Tara cut her thoughts off at that point, pulling out of Willow's embrace.

Willow felt as if the air had been pulled from her lungs when Tara had put distance between them, but she allowed the blonde slip from her arms without protest.

Tara instantly regretted the loss of Willow's body, and even though the sun was still high in the sky, Tara began to feel cold again.

TBC

Last edited by Emms on Sat Mar 10, 2007 11:13 am, edited 1 time in total.

Post subject: Re: update
PostPosted: Sun Oct 10, 2004 11:39 am 
:wave Ahhh! I can't believe how cute they are! Hope they get to the :kiss1 soon. :) Hannah.

Post subject: Warm Her Up
PostPosted: Sun Oct 10, 2004 12:13 pm 
Now, now Emms...you can't leave Tara feeling all cold like that. That is just so wrong. You must warm that girl up and I think we all know how to do it.

It is sad...that feeling that she wants to touch her, to know how it feels to kiss her, but afraid of the repercussions. That can be a scary place.

Awesome job on the sunflower field visual and going to their special place. I'm hoping something special will happen in that special place.

So...ratings will be increasing soon? Will Tara be warmed up, and will it involve any shirtlessness? And I know people don't normally get warmer with the removal of clothing, but hey...it works for me. :wink

Wimpy

Post subject: Re: Warm Her Up
PostPosted: Sun Oct 10, 2004 2:38 pm 
I'm with wimpy's thoughts...and yeah when are them rating going to increase???

PostPosted: Sun Oct 10, 2004 2:51 pm 
30. Sweaty and Kinda Gay

The Rose thank you for saying this story is precious...cause that's so what I was going for... I think words like...good and great and awesome are highly overrated. I simply wanted to write something precious and Im glad you picked up on that. :D

thank you for reading and leaving feedback!

Ashleigh of course you had a special comment darlin :flirt could I leave a lovely kitten such as yourself without a special note? I don't think so... I'm glad you're still hooked... :dance

Oh and... there's no such thing as poopy feedback...all feedback is grand and wonderful in my opinion. :D

Hannah Im glad you like my little story...stay around...there could be pie.

Wimpy

Hehehe :rofl no shirtlessness...at least not while they're 15

but I do promise that the rating will be changing to NC17 later on.

I agree with you... Willow can't just leave Tara all cold and goose bumpy..that just isn't right. But what can she do? :eyebrow Maybe Kaneeda will come to the rescue and push them into each others lips or something (hey that Idea isn't half bad!) *Scurries off to type out the next update.*

xoxo

Emms

Anita Loos

PostPosted: Sun Oct 10, 2004 3:25 pm 
I did a bunch of "awww"s during this update :p It's just so adorable! They're all young and innocent and you portray it so well!

And me.. lovely kitten..? :blush I'll take your word for it. lol

I really can't wait to read more!! It's like a very nice drug.. thats ok to be addicted to :D

Soonish?

Ashleigh

"...A-and I'm gonna make it up to you. Starting right now."

(Starts to smile)"Right now?"

PostPosted: Sun Oct 10, 2004 3:26 pm 
This is such a sweet story. You do a wonderful job of portraying the innocence and insecurity and questioning of feelings of young love. Sad that the summer's ending, but if I'm not mistaken, you left some clues in your feedback. If there's going to be NC-17 action at some point, but not while they're 15, I'm guessing that a tearful parting and a reunion of :tara & :willow several years later is in the works? I hope so, anyway...that would be too cool.

:peace -Cameron

What should I be but just what I am? - Edna St.Vincent Millay

PostPosted: Sun Oct 10, 2004 4:38 pm 
How cute is this story. I'm loving it and you write so well. I would leave more feedback but im knackered and i have work early, next time i will, promise.

PostPosted: Sun Oct 10, 2004 8:04 pm 
I am still loving this story. The fact that they are inseparable is reminiscent of first love. :luv

I am guessing Willow will make several trips to this area over the years since you have hinted they will eventually become intimate. I could be wrong. :wink

Tara: My heart doesn't stutter.

Tara: Willow, I got so lost.

Willow: I found you. I will always find you.

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 506 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2, 3, 4, 5 ... 17  Next