The Kitten, the Witches and the Bad Wardrobe - Willow & Tara Forever

General Chat  || Kitten  || WaV  || Pens  || Mi2  || GMP  || TiE  || FAQ  || Feed - The Kitten, the Witches and the Bad Wardrobe

All times are UTC - 8 hours [ DST ]

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 714 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 19, 20, 21, 22, 23, 24  Next
 Post subject: Re: Survivor - Ash Island
PostPosted: Thu Jul 14, 2005 7:05 pm 
30. Sweaty and Kinda Gay

Oh Debra....that was sooooo great. When I got home this evening and checked the board, i didn't know you had updated so I clicked on the last page and started reading responses (which was the worst thing for me to have done) And I was horrified to find out that faith had won before I had even had a chance to read the update. I was bummed....but then I was happy, because my guess had been correct. I so knew faith was going to win. And it was perfect, the way you did it.

During the episode, buffy kinda pissed me off at first...but then I got over it. And it was so cool that all the people that got voted off and were not in the finals were on to discuss things and update everyone as to what was going on in their lives since Survivor ended.

I just love this fic....thank you so much for writing it...and posting in such a timely manner. :-D

ETA: I just wanted to say...Asher is so adorable...with his Tah dah! and hands in the air...I feel like I want to give him presents and cookies (one for each hand) <------ is an obsession with my 2 year old niece, Angelina. She always needs two of everything...one for each hand :lol SO cute!

xoxo
Emms

PostPosted: Fri Jul 15, 2005 8:20 am 
2. Floating Rose

Hello,

I had the feeling this was going to be the results. :-D

Good for Buffy, she recognized was too harsh and that if she'd known what she does now, her vote would've been different. well kinda late for that. :happy

Everyone won, Faith's very lucky, she got the money, a nice decent boyfriend, very good friends, and Ariel. She seems to really care about the little girl, and who wouldn't? I hope Faith asks for Willow's advice regarding how to invest her money, they could have business together.

Tara has Willow and she's worth more than any amount of money. :x

Ok, thanks for this.

I love your avatar, your baby is so gorgeous.

Take care,
Clau.

PostPosted: Fri Jul 15, 2005 9:20 am 
3. Flaming O

Delurking to say a few things:

1) Debra - I apologize for my suckiness foremost, because I've read all your stories and I love them all, and I don't think that I've ever posted any feedback - so suckage on me, and apologies from me for that! You and your writing rocks and I'm always excited to read anything you write! Thanks for your awesome contributions to W&T! :bow

Quote:
When I got home this evening and checked the board, i didn't know you had updated so I clicked on the last page and started reading responses (which was the worst thing for me to have done)

2) Miss Kittys Ball O Yarn - I did the SAME THING! Could've kicked myself! Talk about spoiling myself! :happy

3) back to Debra, or more specifically, your little man Asher - sooooo cute! I think he and my niece Elysia could be cousins or something. She's 3 now, but what a resemblance (I see) to Asher when she was around his age! Piercing blue eyes, super blonde hair...(that doesn't quite want to show itself much yet!).

-annie

Last edited by rezeaka on Fri Jul 15, 2005 10:38 am, edited 1 time in total.

PostPosted: Fri Jul 15, 2005 9:55 am 
3. Flaming O

Debra,

First, the new Ashvatar is great. How old is he now? I remember reading Paths and finding out you and Rachel were pregnant.

Update was good. I had no expectations of how the live show would go as I havn't seen one before. I was surprised that the winner would be one of the first things told.

I wasn't surprised at all that Faith won. I had been assuming since there had been so much emphasis on she (and Tara also) that she was the winner. Plus, I couldn't see you having Tara win it all.

Glad to hear in the update that Buffy regrets how she felt and voted.

I also can't wait to see what the other two updates are like.

cooper

PostPosted: Fri Jul 15, 2005 10:10 am 
12. Recently Gay

Great update! :applause You did an awesome job with this story!!! It didn´t really surprise me that Faith won the money.

*lil´c*

PostPosted: Sat Jul 16, 2005 3:49 pm 
Ms. Moderator Fantastico
Ms. Moderator Fantastico

Topics: 1
Well I guess I’ve pouted long enough so here’s some feedback! ARG! I’m not convinced Faith deserved to win. I mean, Tara had actually outwitted, outlasted and outplayed Faith when she won the last immunity challenge. All that remained was the voting and that was basically crap on Buffy’s part. She voted out of bitterness and not on the game itself. But I guess all the jury voted that way to varying degrees. So I don’t blame Buffy. After all, three other people voted for Faith as well. I blame the author! :D It’s cool though. Willow and Tara found each other thanks to Survivor and that’s what really counts :wtkiss

Quote:
“Yes,” Kendra says, “but 4when we would meet to decide who was out next, Faith was always the player who said the strategy for our alliance first. She had the entire game planned out from day two.”

“Is that true, Faith? When did you start planning your game strategy?”

Faith smiles at Jeff and the jury. “Jeff these people are all smart. They all are fit. They all want to win a million dollars. I came on this island playing the game.”

“You would lie in bed plotting your strategy? If this person does this, I’ll do this?”

“Not so much in bed, Jeff.” Faith’s joke gets a big laugh from the crowd. “But yeah, I’d plan and plan. What if this happens? What if this happens?”

I never considered the “Want. Take. Have” gal as being much of a strategist type. Hmmm.. did Willow even want to win?? She probably didn’t care that much about the game itself once she decided to pursue a relationship with Tara. Certainly no fault in that!! :heart

Quote:
“Not for me,” Mac speaks up. “I voted for Tara because the skills she brought to this game should be what the game is about. We weren’t ever on the same team but all I heard was that she was just magic. That’s what I wanted to reward.”

Wow. You actually made me like that guy. Well done!

Quote:
“All next season on Survivor – Back to the City.”

That would be a hoot and a half! :lol

This has been the most entertaining “Reality Show” I’ve ever wa.. erm.. read. Two more parts to go.. (right??) Hooray! No guesses from me on what’s going to happen next. Just kickin’ back and enjoyin’ the last tasty bits of a great story. Thanks! PS: The cutest Ashvatar ever!!

PostPosted: Sat Jul 16, 2005 4:08 pm 
6. Sassy Eggs

And on the flip side, i think that Faith did deserve to win. Thia fic wasn't about one of the two winning, but about their relationship thanks to the show.

While Tara may be the better girl to be stuck with on an island (for survival reasons alone :p), the name of the game is Survivor and the motto is Outwit, Outplay and Outlast. Faith did what she had to, she made the early alliance, she lead her tribe through the immunity challenges and she told the lies that needed to be told to the people that needed to hear them, she Outwitted, Outplayed and Outlasted (apart from that one last immunity game, that is), she played the game. Anyways, that's how i see it.

Debra, thanks for writing and sharing this fic, i loved the idea of the inbetween show segments as well as the actual show itself.

PostPosted: Sat Jul 16, 2005 6:44 pm 
10. Troll Hammer

Yee haw!!! I finally manage to post on one of your stories before it's been finished for a couple of years! Yay me. And now I kinda sound like a deranged cowboy wannabe. :-D Which is kind of strange seeing as I've lived most of my life on the Australian coast and I've never ridden a horse. Note to self: stop babbling.

Okay, I'm yet another person to add to the list of people who loath reality television, but I loved this story. I still refuse to watch the show though. I have a teensy little bit of pride left. Just a little bit mind you.

Comments, lets see. You threw me a bit with a couple of the cast. I read the list and wondered who the frilly heck was Richard and Mac, though I did finally get it. I doubt I would've remembered Mac, but he was briefly mentioned in a Buffy magazine I read the other week and something just sparked in the dim recesses of what passes for my mind.

The tribe names were hilarious. I read Acathla and nearly fell out of my chair laughing, and M'Fashnik actually caused a flashback to Dawn's little bit of dialogue about mmm cookies. (PS. I used the spelling from the Monster Smackdown supplement for the BTVS roleplaying game. That's right, I'm a roleplaying nerd, and a comic book nerd. Bow before my geeky glory. :bow :geek No more red cordial for me I think. )

The intro of Willow was a hoot. “Ick! I think I stepped in something.”

The description of the dog-paddling made me think it was Andrew, because ... well lets face it, the guy's a gormless idiot. But no, it was Oz. Of course! DOG-paddling. Very Cute. ( Slap myself in the head )

Xander, naturally is a big daft pillock. He is sooooo gullible.

You made a couple of interesting casting options, using people whose personalities were left a little lacking in the show. I suppose that gives you a little leeway with the way they act.

BTW what is a plantain? I'm gonna go with my gut and say it's a plant :-D , but other than that, I'm stumped. I suppose I could research it, but I'm lazy so I won't.

Is the whole tree-mail part of the show normally? 'Cause it cracked me up every time someone said it. Small minds are easilly amused. :-D

I think I prefered the little RL interludes to the bits on the island, but they were interestingly written. You really managed to convey the format of the show, or at least what I imagine it be anyway.

Go Giles! He landed Joyce! Go tweed-man! Ya gotta love Buffys little internal dialogue when it came to him. Speaking of Buffy, anybody else really want to give her a good hard slap up the side of the head for this little comment? Perhaps with a nice hefty mace?

"But I think that you’re worse, Tara.” Tara looks puzzled at Buffy’s statement. “I had a friend in this game, an alliance member.” Everyone glances at Willow. “But you used her. You told her lies about who you were and what she meant to you. You sold yourself and you sold her and that makes you pretty disgusting in my book.”

I loved Rachel's little interlude. It made me laugh so much I drooled on myself. Long story. I loved that little story about Asher trying to teach the dog to spell. Too cute.

I had to feel sorry for everyone in the RL sections when they kept getting noticed by fans. As a self title anti-social misfit I would hate that kind of attention with a fiery passion.

On a final note, I loved that little comment by the host in the last chapter.

"Willow,” Jeff says, “you played one of the strangest games we’ve ever seen.”

“Um, Thanks?”

Now, it's nearly midday here in the land of Oz, so i'd better actually go do something before my ass melds with my chair. My hat is off to you Deb, or it would be if I actually was wearing one.

Hoo roo.[/quote]

PostPosted: Sun Jul 17, 2005 9:58 am 
32. Kisses and Gay Love

Topics: 7
Hi everyone,
Sorry for the delay in responses. It’s been a busy week and I’ve been working on them. Your comments are all very important to me. There will be two more updates and I’m almost done writing both.

Asher is 18 months old today! He’s brilliant. We’ve been trying to teach him to flirt better. Today we went to breakfast and four different wait staff came over to tell him how adorable he is and talk to him. He smiles across the room but when they want to talk, he plays with his trucks or crayons. We tried to explain that if he really wants to pick up chicks he needs to work a little harder, maybe a “How you doin?” “What’s your major?” “What’s a nice girl like you doing in a place like this?” type approach.

He likes the idea of the print we have in our bedroom and we’re trying to explain that getting one naked girl into bed takes some work let alone five.

Patches – Hey there. You are first! It’s all the same to me if you post and then run off and come back or do it at the same time. I usually respond the next day at work or after that so that’s usually my deadline for seeing what you write.

Looks like a FAQ question: Yes, the runner-up receives $100,000. I agree that Tara played a very good game but it wasn’t enough of a Survivor game for 4 members of the Jury. I think that Ariel got everything she could want from the game. Kids don’t care about money but they do care about their parents being happy and them getting lots of attention and people to play with them.

Glad that Wesley’s supreme dorkiness came thought. Obviously this is Buffy-Wesley, not Angel-Wesley. Yes, Buffy wants to excuse herself from looking like such a jerk. Just think, just like Willow and Tara have had months to think about Buffy being a jerk, Buffy has had that long to worry about looking stupid on national TV.
Quote:
In all, a fantastic end to this portion of the story! Totally engaging from start to finish.
Thank you so much for all your comments. And know, that this is not over. There are two more updates coming in the next few weeks.

Quote:
Debra....oh, Debra...when are you starting the next one???????
I’ve got a few things going but I can’t promise dates or anything like that. In a little flux…

Quote:
Mucho thanks for nod--I appreciate it.
You are more than welcome for all the wonderful advice and challenges you presented. Thank yo.

GayNow – Wow, Patches beat you out? And here I thought you lived by the submit button…

Of course everyone wanted Tara to win but I’ve said all along that would be too fairy tale. Agreed that both deserved the prize but only one could win. I think lots of minds want to know. You’ll find out a bit more but don’t count on full disclosure.

I’m so so so happy :bounce that people are finding the Austin part funny. No one has pointed out my favorite line yet but there’s still time. Don’t hurt your grandmother for Gods Sake. Yes, Texas is a different land entirely and Austin a very different land from Texas.
Quote:
“Sixteen ‘castaways’ will be stranded in Austin with no maps, no soap, and little ability to converse with the natives.”

justin – Lol. I agree about their doing the vote during the show but I also think it’s good that it’s not done that way. I mean how sickening would it be if the F2 went on promoting themselves for months? And there probably would be a restriction on contact between the castaways throughout. Definitely better this way even if Tara didn’t win.

Glad you liked the reunion part.

theherofactor – Ahhh. How cute with slow scrolling. See people shout for an update but they don’t want it to end. Again, very cute. Glad you’re happy with the Faith result. Thanks so much.

tarawhipped – Hope it didn’t cost you much. Well, maybe your flannel shirts but you’re probably better off without them. Especially if they are yellow or orange. Enjoy your bitterness though. It seems kind of hard won.

Quote:
The description of Survivor: Back to the City slightly made up for it, since I, like Carleen, was laughing my frickin ass off!
Again I say yay!!!!!
Quote:
I just had friends in from out of town, and they live in a sizable city themselves (500,000), but they were terrified of taking the El anywhere, and I just didn't get it.
I’m not a good traveler but I’m a pretty agreeable one. When I was in SF, I just walked everywhere. If I were there and someone said, you take the yellow line and get off at 33rd street, I’d just write that down and do that.

Enjoy the corner and the cat. Thanks.

Naeryn – Thanks so much. You may be the first person who sounds happy with the result. I agree that the entire group will benefit from it which of course is unrealistic but this is “fan Fic!” not “fan Reality!”

Quote:
Besides, isn't Willow already kind of on the rich side? Like, really?
I wouldn’t say rich at all. I’d say that she’s a young person with few pressing financial commitments who makes enough money that she can travel when and where she wants and buy herself some toys when she wants.

I totally agree with your points about the game valuing the wrong things. Rachel feels like it would be a better show if the contests were co-operative so that the winning team and the winning person would be the person who had the best performance and was the best team-mate. In a way, the game starts out that way but even in the beginning, people are thinking of eliminating the stronger people to cut down on competition. That’s a big part of why I prefer Amazing Race over Survivor so much.

You’ll get your Ellen appearance. It’s the only thing I still need to write.

Thanks.

SallyMcFine – Lol. Yep, definitely a how do you do. I think it’s in line with how most of them have gone although a few nice people have won (Ethan and Tina). But some real jerks have won too: Thailand guy, Richard Hatch, Chris from S9 or S10?

Nice questions about the future updates and glad I don’t have to say “good guess.” :rofl You are welcome and glad you’ve decided not to like the bitter corner.

And yes, Joyce is rather old but it does happen. Thanks.

Willow~Rosenberg – Faith is definitely my favorite character behind W/T. I feel like she could have been for years and not scratched the surface of her complexity. I’m glad she won. Yes, the runner-up gets $100,000. Thanks so much.

Irene73 – Ahhh thanks. He’s awesome. He’s into doing somersaults so Tah Dah is what he says after he finishes one. Cool thought about the kitten board filling the seats at the theater. I guess in a way, that’s exactly what happened. Thanks so much always.

Insanity
Quote:
First: A very cute Ashvatar (I'm wondering, when Asher is like 25.. do we still get knew Ashvatars every now and then?? *rofl*)
God. Can you imagine how appalled he would be? Heck, it’ll probably be embarrassing by the time he’s 11.

You got the votes right. Lol about the money staying in the family. I have some ideas on stories but haven’t really committed yet. Thanks for everything.

Watson
Quote:
First, NICE ASHVATAR! He has really grown, and such a cutie.
Thanks. It’s amazing, I was thinking today about how I actually announced Rachel’s pregnancy during Paths and now he’s 18 months! Crazyness.

I think that if you wanted to pay off on the LL update, everyone would be happy but we never settled any bets or shook any “hands.” I agree that Faith played the game the way it’s played on Survivor.

I only really thought of Kent as “both” not, Ariel but I guess it was both of them. Cool and totally unrealistic thought I guess. Yes, Tara is disappointed but she’s genuinely happy for Faith too. Don’t you think that Andrew would be better as a floral designer than a chef? I mean really.

Thank you for all your encouragement throughout this process. I remember when I posted that “huh?” teaser and you actually said something about TAR, then posted a new story in a matter of days. Hell, I think that pushed me to really improve this story. Thank you.

Ok, then I have KR narrowed down to 2. I know which I prefer and which I don’t. Hmmm…..

Artemis – Hey Chris. Yes, Faith ALWAYS ROCKS HARD.
Quote:
To me, if you're on Survivor and someone comes up to you and says "Hey, let's vote off so-and-so, trust me," and you don't consider whether or not they're trying to pull a fast one on you, you can't really complain.
I would agree. Believe it or not, there was a contestant on the latest show who actually felt that if someone was going to say something bad about her, they had an obligation to say it to her face. She went on and on. Miss Ali had some choice words about what if the world was like that.

I was just going to ask if they really make fluffy chestbursters because that seems oxymoronish but then you said yes. You saw one and didn’t buy it? Gee, I can’t imagine why. Agreed that Buffy is lame but understandably so.

Hmmm… shiny Willow? I thought I made it clear that Willow has definitely driven around the block in a lot of cars but I get your point. Yes, Tara wanted to go to school. Lol about paying attention to male characters.
Quote:
I think once all the celebrations are over Ariel will probably be sleeping in her grandmother's room at the hotel, because Willow and Tara, and Faith and Kent, will be getting up to some stuff that she's way too young to know about
I don’t think I actually wrote anything about it but yes, it’s Faith and Kent in one room. W/T in a room and Sarah/Ariel in the adjoining room for the W/T suite.

stillrunning - Agreed about the point that if Tara won it would be too perfect. Two more updates.

watersong84 – Thanks and yes, most people would prefer Tara but Faith deserved it too. I think Buffy should feel pretty terrible; her judgment (or lack thereof) cost Tara a $1M. She realized how wrong she was when Willow called her but she’s known since then.

Really? You’d be offended about Faith hugging Ariel? Interesting. I think that Tara just sees how much Ariel and Faith love each other and is happy for her daughter. Thanks so much.

Graceland – Hey again. Everyone, Grace posted her first story over in the #3 fic challenge. It’s quite good. I agree that it’s twisted why Tara lost the $1M but feel like she got the better of the deal. Yes, Wes is a complete ass but he always was (on Buffy that is). Lol about Amy on the commercials.

Thank you for getting that line!!!!! Thank you.

Car – Who apparently is sleeping in the middle of the day. (sorry inside joke). Lol. Yeah, Grace is a pretty funny kid. Thanks.

Emms[b] – Ah, darn that about not checking for an update and being spoiled. That stinks. Glad you liked Faith winning. I think Buffy looks self-serving but not out of character. I mean she’s trying to look better than a supreme bitch, especially since Tara is the most popular Survivor. They always do that thing with inviting back all the Survivors and it’s pretty interesting because you’ve usually forgotten most of them by then.

You are very welcome for the fic; it’s been a joy to write.

Thank you also about Asher. His obsession is letters! We don’t let him have cookies except ½ a fortune cookie when we have Asian food. Thanks.

[b]dragonfly
– I think many people predicted it. Well done. Buffy definitely gets that she’s a boob. I agree that everyone won. Thank you and thank you about Asher.

rezeaka – Congratulations for delurking! Don’t worry about the lurking: we all go through it. Sorry about your not seeing the update and scrolling backwards. That would suck.

Man, your niece and Asher do look alike. Kind of fun.

cooper
Quote:
First, the new Ashvatar is great. How old is he now? I remember reading Paths and finding out you and Rachel were pregnant.
I was thinking about that the other day. He’s 18 months old today. Very cool.

Yeah, they tell the winner complete with the lameness as if Jeff has just arrived from the final TC. Quite dumb. Thanks so much.

littlecrazy80 – Thanks so much.

Kajun – Hey there. Pouted a few days? Fun, you should have sat in the bitter corner with Cam if she would share. Good point about Tara winning the final IC being an outlast, outplay, etc. Cool thought about not blaming Buffy because she wasn’t the only one.

I think Faith was definitely a strategist: she just was a strategist about what she wanted and nothing else. Cool about Mac.

Thanks for all your comments and about the Ashvatar. Cutest? Cool.

robotguru – Agreed about Faith deserving to win. You are so welcome and I’m glad you liked it and liked the structure. Thanks.

Darth Pacula – Welcome again. :wave You’re working through my fics right? So next I’ll see some feedback for Please? Ha ha.
Quote:
Okay, I'm yet another person to add to the list of people who loath reality television, but I loved this story.
I was telling Rachel today that this is actually what I’m most proud of this story for: that so many people said they hate reality TV but read and loved this anyway. That’s such a compliment and really says something that you were all willing to chance it.

Richard=demon snake, Mac=Initiative commander guy. Glad you got them. [quoteM'Fashnik actually caused a flashback to Dawn's little bit of dialogue about mmm cookies. [/quote]That’s one of my favorite Dawn scenes. We say it all the time.

I must say this is so fun: reading feedback for the whole story. I don’t know what a pillock is but the context is pretty clear.

Quote:
You made a couple of interesting casting options, using people whose personalities were left a little lacking in the show. I suppose that gives you a little leeway with the way they act.
Exactly.

Plaintain is kind of like a banana.
Quote:
Is the whole tree-mail part of the show normally? 'Cause it cracked me up every time someone said it. Small minds are easilly amused.
Yes, that’s how they get notes about the day’s events.

Glad you liked the show format. I was worried about it at first but glad it worked. Yes, most people wanted to smack her.

Thanks about Rachel and Asher. I agree that I would hate the fame but I’d hate the filth and hunger too so I’d never do it.

Thanks for your wonderful comments. Great to have you on the board.

PostPosted: Sun Jul 17, 2005 10:50 am 
6. Sassy Eggs

debra, so it looks like my cd collection is safe, huh? too bad, you would've liked those live, rare mary chapin carpenter tracks. faith winning though, not a big suprise, you've been pretty consistent in hinting that tara winning would be too perfect, to the extent that i would've been suprised if she had won. was faith winning a writer decision, or a final roll of the dice?
put me on the list of readers that saw faith won from the fb before getting to the update page. actually, i was ok with that, dramatic tension gives me a nervous reaction, often i have to read the last page of a book about half way thru so i don't worry about the characters so much.
has the person who finishes second ever burst into tears when the lose? 100 grand is a nice consolation, though, wasn't aware of that. interesting that the older voters, mac and joyce, rewarded tara's fairplay and care approach, while younger voters were all "faith screwed us the best". liked mac's speech to tara, esp. and faith's victory essentially coming down to a bitter buffy, hope faith at least sends her a ty card.
very nice job of recapping the bit players, getting a lot of info and personality across in just a couple of sentences, well done. skeet shooting? where did you pull that out of?
and austin next, huh? toooo funny. i remember how much trouble willow had apt. hunting in paths, and she had resources at her disposal, sounds a lot harder than building a shelter on an island, for sure.
and asher just keeps getting cuter doesn't he? teaching an 18 month old to say "what's your major?", lmao. i don't think i ever realized that having 2 moms could put a guy ahead in the picking up chicks dept. makes perfect sense, though~mary

PostPosted: Sun Jul 17, 2005 4:22 pm 
32. Kisses and Gay Love

meretricious – Yeah, it would be such a pain shipping them anyway don’t you think? I agree that my hints were too much.
Quote:
was faith winning a writer decision, or a final roll of the dice?
Would you believe me if I said I don’t even remember any more. I know that I set certain things in stone before rolling the dice but I can’t remember whether I decided Faith would win and then rolled and created her game or rolled and then found out she would win and then created her game. Honestly, I’d say the most likely is #1 because... I might have mentioned this before; I love Faith

Really? You must ruin a lot of books that way. I just read the book in order and if I’m really pulled in, I read it faster. Of course I don’t read mysteries or anything like that because I find them pointless.

Quote:
has the person who finishes second ever burst into tears when the lose?
Not that I’ve seen.

Quote:
100 grand is a nice consolation, though, wasn't aware of that. Interesting
What’s funny is that they don’t really mention it until the Finale show but yes, the runner-up gets 100K.
Quote:
skeet shooting? where did you pull that out of?
I just tried to think what would Darla do if her life changed?

Funny that you remember about Willow’s apt. in Paths. It is at least as bad now.

Quote:
and asher just keeps getting cuter doesn't he? teaching an 18 month old to say "what's your major?", lmao. i don't think i ever realized that having 2 moms could put a guy ahead in the picking up chicks dept. makes perfect sense, though
Well, notice that we were giving him cheesy lines. I mean we don’t want him to be unsafe or anything. We’re mostly successful getting him to say “hi” or “bye” (which he frequently says “by-yee” which is super cute.

Thanks.

Title – Survivor – Ash Island

Part 33 – Aftershow Party

Author – JustSkipIt

Pairing – T/W (who else?)

Feedback – Oh yes.

Spoilers – None

Rating – PG-13

Disclaimer – I own none of these characters nor do I own Survivor. And believe it or not, I also don’t own any small islands. On the other hand, this island is fictional so let’s say I own it. I’m making no money from this fiction and intend no copyright infringement.

Thankfully CBS had arranged transportation for the Survivors and their limited number of guests for the aftershow party. Not being natives of New York, Willow and Tara would likely have had a hard time getting a Taxi. Instead, they found themselves ushered out of the Theater and into a waiting line of limousines.

“Where did Daddy go?” Ariel wanted to know as she looked around their cab.

“I think Daddy and Faith are in the limousine in front of us.” Willow pointed her finger past the driver to a set of lights just in front of them.

After sleeping through most of the reunion show, Ariel had apparently regained her energy. “Does this car have a telephone and a TV and juice?”

“It does but we aren’t going on a very long drive, Baby girl.”

Sarah finally joined the conversation. “I’m sorry you didn’t win, dear. Are you disappointed?”

“Well of course I’m disappointed. I mean I had a chance to win a m-million dollars and put my child through college as well as myself.”

“There’s a but coming, isn’t there?”

Tara smiled and picked up Willow’s hand. “I won a bigger prize than a million dollars.”

“And she still won a hundred thousand dollars,” Willow added taking a break from helping Ariel push every button in the limo.

“And Willow is going to help mama go to college and become an artist,” Ariel said without stopping pressing buttons. She handed a juice bottle to Willow asking if she could have the juice. The redhead opened the bottle and whispered that Ariel should be careful to not spill the juice on her dress.

Sarah smiled at the other three and patted her daughter’s knee. “I’m sure you’ve got it figured out, darling.” She leaned over and hugged Tara just as the limo arrived at the party.

Before they got out of the limo Tara turned to Ariel. “Now baby, I know you want to see the party but it’s very late. You can stay 15 minutes and then Grandma is going to take you back to the hotel, ok?”

“Half an hour?” Ariel offered with a smile.

Tara tried not to laugh as she looked at Willow. “You taught her that,” she said in a playfully accusatory tone.

“Don’t you want me to share in the parenting--teaching her what I know?” Willow’s faux-innocent smile was another thing Tara had been noticing from Ariel later and the blonde smiled at the similarity.

All three grown-ups laughed and Tara told her daughter that she could stay thirty minutes. Then the blonde took her daughter’s hand and stepped from the limousine to a host of fans, applause, and flashbulbs. Looking back at the limousine she reached in to help Sarah from the car. Tara’s mother was followed by Willow’s emergence which brought another loud cheer from the crowd.

As they walked into the party they heard countless shouts of “We love you Willow and Tara!” and “You were robbed!” At Willow’s urging, Tara turned back to the crowd once she reached the door and waved. Another cheer went up and more flashbulbs popped.

They went inside and welcomed the comparative quiet once the door closed. “Are Daddy and Faith here yet?” Ariel immediately asked as she attempted to look around but couldn’t see over the heads of those people directly in front of the group. Willow immediately reached over and picked up the child, holding her so that she could see as well as the others.

“There they are,” Sarah announced as she pointed toward a table on the far side of the room. They quickly made their way over to the table which already held Faith, Kent, Joy, and Faith’s parents.

Faith disengaged herself from her conversations to rush over and hug Tara. “Hey sweetie, how are you doing? The crowd outside treat you ok?”

After Tara assured her that she was fine Faith greeted the other women and took Ariel from Willow since the girl wanted to hug her. “Let me introduce everyone.” Although Faith had met Willow, Tara, Ariel, and Mrs. Maclay before she still wanted to take the opportunity to introduce her family to all of them. After all the greetings were completed, Kent asked Ariel and Sarah if they wanted something to eat and took them to the buffet.

“We really enjoyed watching the two of you on the show,” Faith’s mother told Willow and Tara as they all took their seats.

“Thank you,” Tara said, glancing up to check on Ariel’s progress.

“Five dollars says she’ll be asleep before she finishes that plate of food,” Willow joked.

“It’s been an hour and already you’re trying to get at my hundred thousand dollars,” Tara teased back as the others at the table laughed.

“Then you might want to watch out, T. I’ve got a million now.”

“Keep the five then,” Willow continued joking.

When the laughter had died down, Willow offered to go get herself and Tara something to eat while Tara continued visiting with Faith and her family. After the redhead returned everyone ate their food. It was quite late and most of them had been at the theater from before dinner time. As they ate, they visited about the revelations of the last three hours of the show, including the reunion show.

“I’m wondering if I need to go protect your honor against what Buffy had to say,” Kent said with a smile.

“Buffy’s c-cool. We talked today and she apologized about the things she said.”

“Sure she apologized,” Willow pouted, “and her vote cost you the million dollars.”

‘Hey, Red. I’m sitting right here.”

“Right, right, right. You won because you are the Ultimate Survivor, the wiliest, trickiest, and hottest Survivor on Ash – Island.” Willow delivered her speech to Faith with enough attitude to make it clear that she had rehearsed based on Faith’s jury speeches.

“Never mind that you would have starved without me,” Tara muttered under her breath but loudly enough for the group to hear. Everyone laughed.

Ariel turned to her mother. “You wouldn’t really let Faith starve would you, Mommy?”

Tara hugged her child and assured her that she would never let Faith starve. Ariel hugged her mother back whispering in her ear. “That’s good because if Faith marries Daddy she’ll be my mommy too.”

Everyone at the table laughed at the child’s comment and looked at Faith and Kent with a raised eyebrow. Kent looked at everyone at the table and held up his hands palms out. “Hey it’s a surprise to me.” He patted his pockets, showing that he didn’t have a ring hidden in them.

“Well I guess it’s up to me then,” Faith said with a smile. She reached into her purse and pulled out a silver woven bracelet. She held it up to show the table and turned to Kent, taking his large hand in hers. “Kent Webster, in the six months I’ve known you and Ariel, I’ve been happier than I ever believed I could be. Will you marry me and we can make each other that happy for the rest of our lives?”

Kent and everyone else at the table sat in stunned silence as Faith continued smiling. After a few seconds, Ariel whispered quite loudly, “Say ‘yes,’ Daddy!”

Kent looked at his daughter and laughed before nodding his head vigorously. “Yes. Yes. Yes.” He leaned over and kissed his fiancé deeply, before holding out his hand for the bracelet.

Ariel and Tara were the first to reach the couple, hugging them tightly. Kent took Ariel from Tara and held her as everyone else at the table came offered their sincere congratulations. “You had a plan to upstage me even if I won tonight didn’t you?” Tara teased her friend.

“You don’t want the publicity anyway, T.” Faith’s banter could barely be heard over the chorus of congratulations from everyone at the table. The commotion attracted some media people who came over to take pictures of the happy couple. After a few minutes, Faith and Kent wandered off to do an impromptu interview for CBS on the topic of her victory and their engagement.

Sarah turned to Mrs. Lehane. “He’s a very wonderful man and I think the two of them will be very happy.”

Faith’s mother looked across the room at her daughter and Kent and smiled. “I think so too.”

Seeing Ariel’s yawn, Tara patted Ariel’s hand. “Time to go, Sweetie.”

By the time Tara got her mother and daughter into a limousine and returned, the party was in full swing. The band was playing and most of the Survivors and their guests were dancing or visiting with each other or the media. Seeing that Willow was having fun and dancing with Oz, Xander, and Xander’s wife, she stopped to visit with a few other Survivors.

As she stood up to join Willow on the dance floor she was met by a reporter with a camera. “Tara? Kyle Jones of ACBS.” She smiled and nodded at him. “Congratulations on your great finish tonight.”

“Thank y-you.”

“What’s the best thing about tonight for you?”

“The best thing is being done keeping s-secrets. Now my family and my friends all know how I did on the show and there’s no m-more waiting.” She smiled as she answered the question.

“I’m sure that’s really great.” He pointed across the dance floor toward Faith and Kent dancing together. “I understand that Faith and your ex-husband got engaged tonight. How do you feel about that?”

“I’m really happy for them. I’ve seen them together and they are a very good fit.” She looked up to see Willow waving at her from the dance floor. ‘I r-really need to go…”

“Of course. Thanks for visiting with us.”

Tara left the reporter and made her way across the room to where Willow waited for her. “Hi, baby,” the redhead said as she leaned in for a kiss.

“Hi.”

“Ariel and your mom get into the limo ok?”

Tara nodded as they walked out onto the dance floor. “Tara,” Xander said as he gave the blonde a hug. “This is my wife, Anya.”

“Nice to meet you.”

“You too,” Anya answered as she shook the newcomer’s hand. “Now you can tell me. Were the two of you sharing orgasms on the Island? Xander says no and Willow won’t say but I think you were.”

“Actually I’m kind of wondering that too,” Faith teased, having danced close to the other four.

“Is this all to make me feel like tomorrow morning is easy?”

“Tomorrow morning? See there’s another piece of good news for you. I’m doing Letterman tomorrow night. If you’d won, you’d have to do that too.”

“Oh yeah. Lucky me.” Tara’s expression showed her sarcasm.

“Can we just dance?” Tara blushed at the strange attention and at the thought that she would have to do the publicity shows in the morning.

Willow quickly reached out to take her lover’s hand and pulled her a few feet from the others. “I’m really proud of you, baby.”

Tara frowned “For l-losing with dignity?”

Willow shrugged her shoulders. “I guess for everything. The way you played the game, how well you did on the show tonight, talking to that reporter over there, how well I know you will do in the morning.”

Tara put her arms over the redhead’s shoulders as the music slowed. “You’re wonderful to me you know.”

Willow winked. “I know. And I meant what I said this morning when we were alone. I’ll do whatever it takes to help you get your degree.”

“I know.” Tara leaned in and again kissed her lover. She looked up to see Faith and Kent dancing close also.

Seeing the blonde’s smile Willow whispered, “We could always make it a double-wedding. You know CBS presents Faith and Kent and Willow and Tara get married.”

Tara smiled back. “It sounds a little like the four of us are getting married.”

Willow laughed. “How about: ‘CBS presents the Survivor – Ash Island double wedding’. You know then lots of shots of the island and Faith and Kent running on the beach and you and I sitting on a veranda drinking mint juleps?”

“It’s not the worst idea I’ve ever heard,” Tara smiled and again kissed her lover.

“Hey you two need to get a room.” Willow and Tara turned to see Buffy standing by them with a big smile on her face.

“Actually CBS gave us a suite over at the Ritz,” Willow said.

They both gave her a hug. “Tara, I just wanted to say again how sorry I am about the things I said at tribal council. I see now that you really cared about Willow and I was wrong about that.”

“Thanks.”

Seeing that most people were leaving the party Buffy turned to go. “By the way, you two look awesome together.”

“Thanks, Buffy.”

Tara yawned and covered her mouth with her hand. Seeing that action Willow started to lead her from the dance floor. “Come on, Love, we should go back to the hotel so you can get some sleep before the morning shows.”

“Mmm.” Tara yawned again. As they reached the corner of the floor she stopped and raised an eyebrow at the redhead. “Willow?”

“Yeah, Sweetie?”

“Did you just ask me to marry you?”

“Well Ariel did say we should didn’t she?” The redhead smiled.

“Yes.”

“Yes?”

“Absolutely. Yes. However you want. Double-wedding. Private affair. Anything you want.” Tara smiled and kissed her fiancé before picking her up and swinging her around in a circle.

“I think it’s too late for a private affair,” Willow joked.

“Speaking of affairs,” Tara flirted as they headed toward the door, “I don’t think I need sleep that badly tonight.”

“Mmm,” Willow purred.

A few hours later, the two women lay quite deliciously exhausted together in bed. “Can I ask you something?” Willow said, her breath tickling her lover’s neck.

“It seems like your last question led us here.”

Willow smiled. “Didn’t it… Seriously. How did you start the fire so well on day two? I’ve been watching the download over and over and it doesn’t look like Faith is even going to get a spark but the fire lights.”

Tara chuckled as she continued stroking her lover’s hand. “Magic,” she whispered.

PostPosted: Sun Jul 17, 2005 4:51 pm 
14. Lesbo Street Cred

I really am being a silly girl but I want to do this one last time in this thread (am running off to work soon ...)

This space is mine!!!

ETA. I woke up early today cos I kinda promised. I mean, waking up half an hour early on a Monday? Not something high on my list of things to do.

So, thank you for a wonderful start to the week. I chuckled at what you and Rachel are teaching Asher to do -- picking up chicks already at 18 months? Nice family activity. I mean, checking out chicks with your Moms, commenting on how hot they are ...... lots of funnies though I can imagine his embarrassment when he is older.

Quote:
Patches wrote:
Debra....oh, Debra...when are you starting the next one???????

I’ve got a few things going but I can’t promise dates or anything like that. In a little flux…

woo hoo a few woo hoo again!!!! Hope you don't make us wait too long.

Quote:
I remember when I posted that “huh?” teaser and you actually said something about TAR, then posted a new story in a matter of days. Hell, I think that pushed me to really improve this story.

I remember how excited I was when you posted the teaser. It was nothing like I'd come across before, we were in the middle of TAR6 (or TAR7?) on tv, so my head was full of my favorite reality shows (well, it's only 3, I watch, um, the Apprentice too). I have to thank you for pushing me to write better, when I started KR (posted 20 Feb vs 9 Feb for SAI teaser), I was still a novice in terms of fanfic writing, I think I've managed to learn enough to get to intermediate, and you're a big part of that. Ok, I'm done with the groveling, in case people start getting sick.

Anyway, fantastic update as always the warmth that the extended family feels about each other -- by extended family I include Faith and Kent -- is testament to how nice they are as people. I don't mind Faith winning, I'm not as bitter as Cam, cos she did play a good game, and now she is so gracious as a winner.

Love how Ariel has already picked up so many of Willow's mannerisms. Even if Willow hasn't taught her, children as so perceptive (which of course means parents have to be careful) and especially for people they look up to, they just want to be them, don't they?

Happy to see Buffy redeem herself somewhat. I didn't like the reason she voted for Faith, but it was kinda nulled by Joyce's vote for Tara. I hope she is invited to the weddings.

I was reading the update and when Faith proposed to Kent I was like "woo hoo, go girl!" -- just like Faith to do that. Kent is one lucky dude.

And then ... the roundabout way Willow asked Tara. *Sigh* *Sigh some more* *Sink down in my chair and sigh lots more* so sweet, so romantic ... yes, in the middle of a dance floor with people watching, whatever the location, it's still romantic.

Now I'm fairly sure Faith will annouce the engagement in the morning shows, I don't know if Willow or Tara will announce theirs. Tara won't, unless pushed I think. You're teasing again

p.s. if the next update is morning shows, and since you fudged the sex scene (which is fine, since you used "deliciously exhausted together"), does that mean no more smut in SAI? Ah well, I'm sure you'll update Please at some stage, or may be in one of your future fics?

Last edited by watty on Sun Jul 15, 2012 8:44 pm, edited 2 times in total.

PostPosted: Sun Jul 17, 2005 4:55 pm 
3. Flaming O

DIBS! lol sorry always wanted to do that!

this was a great update! ariel is just so precocious! lol she basically manipulated both kent and faith and willow and tara into agreeing to marry each other! how cute shes so smart! lol..and i for one would love to see a double wedding..heck any willow/tara wedding is wonderful!

I was a little dissappointed that Tara didnt win...I dont think that survivor is just about being the physically strongest or most sneaky..tara was strong in her own way, and she also played a smart game i think..lol but this fic is great and one of my favs and i know i havent commented on it the whole way through but i have been reading it rest assured!

again excellent job..cant wait for but am still a little sad about the last update!

~Karen

PostPosted: Sun Jul 17, 2005 5:06 pm 
3. Flaming O

BLAST IT! FOILED AGAIN!! :gnome :gnome :gnome :gnome :gnome

ya beat me to it argh

~Karen

PostPosted: Sun Jul 17, 2005 6:02 pm 
4. Extra Flamey

You made that comment to me "If they stay together" about Kent and Faith and I should have suspected you were up to something! Besides I could tell Faith really liked that family.

Caught me by surprise though, a very nice surprise. And Faith to pull that out....that was awesome. Though Willow and Tara's engagement seems a bit like how my parents did it. It just happened during the conversation. Nothing flashy but full of sentiment and love, and a dash of humor. Great stuff as always!

-wiccanbotanist

PostPosted: Sun Jul 17, 2005 9:36 pm 
6. Sassy Eggs

Oh Debra!

His update was really wonderful! I liked it so much. Sooo much cuteness:

Quote:
“Well of course I’m disappointed. I mean I had a chance to win a m-million dollars and put my child through college as well as myself.”

“There’s a but coming, isn’t there?”

Tara smiled and picked up Willow’s hand. “I won a bigger prize than a million dollars.”

The woman has a point here *g*

Quote:
“And she still won a hundred thousand dollars,” Willow added taking a break from helping Ariel push every button in the limo.

Do you observe Asher much to write Willow this good??? :-D

This is my favourite:

Quote:
“Well I guess it’s up to me then,” Faith said with a smile. She reached into her purse and pulled out a silver woven bracelet. She held it up to show the table and turned to Kent, taking his large hand in hers. “Kent Webster, in the six months I’ve known you and Ariel, I’ve been happier than I ever believed I could be. Will you marry me and we can make each other that happy for the rest of our lives?”

Kent and everyone else at the table sat in stunned silence as Faith continued smiling. After a few seconds, Ariel whispered quite loudly, “Say ‘yes,’ Daddy!”

First the really wonderful spreach of Faith and then the cuteness of Ariel... *sigh*

And then you managed to slip a little Anya inside this story. And she's the one asking the question that's bothering everyone *g*

Sooo our two little lovebirds (ups.. wrong story *g*) are getting married .... will we see the wedding in this story??

Insanity

p.s.: about the ashvatars... Well then Asher has to become famous so people all over the worls can have Ashvatars :-D :-D :-D :-D :-D :-D

PostPosted: Mon Jul 18, 2005 1:50 am 
10. Troll Hammer

G'day people. :wave

Wow, a second post for me on the same story. (That wasn't by accident anyway.) This must be what happens when you read them in real time.

Okay, I had a few comments I forgot to mention last time. I really have a crap memory for anything other than pointless trivia.

I was kinda wondering why it was called Ash Island until you mentioned the volcano showering them with ash. You might have mentioned that earlier, but if you did, I didn't notice it. As soon as you mentioned the volcano I immediately started imagining one of the network executives hoping that the volcano would errupt and immolate a few of the contestants. That whole violence means ratings things they seem to do with the news. ( Or am I just plain wierd? )

Okay, Ariel was too cute for words every time she appeared, so I won't try to use any. I liked the normality ( is that a word? ) of how she came to be. Like you mentioned a kid for Willow or Tara usually seems to have either a magical or nasty source, so it's good to see another alternative.

I loved the little ditty ala the Brady Bunch. Cracked me up.

Okay, what else. Nuts. I'm sure there was more I was going to say but I can't remember it. Probably won't until after I turn the computer off. Bloody Murphy's Law.

Right, onto the latest update. I loved the bit with Willow and the button pushing. I'd probably be the same way. I might be 27 but I'm still a big kid at heart. I like the way Ariel's picking up personality traits from Willow. Who wouldn't love a mixture of Willow and Tara?

Good to see that Buffy apologized to Tara. Now maybe she won't get jumped by the legions of Willow and Tara fans outside the party. I'll still harbour a secret little grudge, but that's just because I'm a vindictive little git.

Please god, do not let them get married on TV. The very thought alone gives me nightmares, and I'm still awake!

Good to see Anya make an appearance.
Quote:
“You too,” Anya answered as she shook the newcomer’s hand. “Now you can tell me. Were the two of you sharing orgasms on the Island? Xander says no and Willow won’t say but I think you were.”

Classic Anya.

Don't feel guilty about skipping a potential sex scene. I just gives us all a chance to exercise our dirty little minds. :-D

So a plaintain is kind of like a bananna? Boy, I was way off there. But then again, before I looked it up I thought defenestration meant something like defoliant. D'oh.

Quote:
You’re working through my fics right? So next I’ll see some feedback for Please? Ha ha.

Ha ha? Why the laughter? Okay, now you're making me suspicious. Or is that just my paranoia acting up again. :-D

Okay, I looked up a definition of the word 'pillock' for you.

Noun. Idiot, fool. Originally a slang term for the penis but fairly inoffensive now as this meaning has been forgotten. Derog.

I have to admit I didn't know about the err.. 'anatomical' connection, and I've been calling my elder brother a pillock for years. Oh well.

Quote:
Tara chuckled as she continued stroking her lover’s hand. “Magic,” she whispered.

Aha! I knew it! Or is she just being coy, or kidding. GAAAHHH! and other incomprehensible sounds of annoyance. You are just plain evil Debra. And I love it.

On a final note (at last) it's a bloody shame that you don't own any small islands. I'd offer to give you one of mine, but that would just mean that I'm hallucinating worse than usual.

Bye! I'm off to find 'Please'.

PostPosted: Mon Jul 18, 2005 8:36 am 
18. Breast Gal

Topics: 4
So lemme get this straight - Ariel's mostly Tara (half genetic, and also being raised by her), plus Kent, who's an all-around decent upstanding male (see, there's some out there), and she's being tutored in Willow-cute by Willow, who's joining the family as another mommy, and now Faith's in on the action too as a sort of uber-cool mommy-in-law... she's like the good equivalent of Adam, assembled from pieces of everyone to be the perfect adorable child :lol

Go Faith! She strikes me as the type who'd get the proposal in first - good old 'want, take, have' :D Kent's a lucky guy.

And Willow and Tara in on the engagement action too, with a surprisingly low-key proposal... but really, what more was there to say? They both know what they want, and where they stand with each other - I don't think either of them had any doubt as to the extent of their commitment.

Nice interaction with the reporter by Tara, too. If she is convinced to go for the CBS Survivor Ash Island Wedding Special, count me in as a loyal viewer :x

PostPosted: Mon Jul 18, 2005 9:21 am 
12. Recently Gay

Great update!!!! :D

I like the fact that Faith and Kent are getting married and Willow and Tara. :D:D:D

*lil´c*

PostPosted: Mon Jul 18, 2005 10:00 am 
17. Mega-Witches

Well, I'm sad that this story is winding its way down. It's been a great ride and I have thoroughly enjoyed it.

PostPosted: Mon Jul 18, 2005 11:44 am 
5. Willowhand

Hi Debra - loved the updates. In the first one i was pleased to see that Buffy had changed her tune, still intrigued about the phonecall though! I'm sure that $100,000 invested wisely would see Tara and Ariel through college.

The party was wonderful. Nice to see all our survivors enjoying each others company. Faith asking Kent to marry her is so 'Faith' - i asked my husband and we've been together 23 years.

I'm sure that Tara wouldn't have enjoyed a down on one knee proposal, it would have drawn too much attention.

Debra - tenterhooks is being in a state of tension or suspense. Please tell me what defenstated is - i can't find it in the dictionary!

Caz

PostPosted: Mon Jul 18, 2005 3:08 pm 
19. Yummy Face

Okay, so I was going to give myself the time to read over this update once more so that I could process it a bit longer, but I saw that the replies were sitting on 666...and the weirdo in me just couldn't have it remain that way. :lmao

Debra,

What a delightful update! I really like the way Tara and Faith are with each other...yes, Tara is disappointed...yes, Faith is aware that she needs to send Buffy a "Thanks for being a bitch so I could win" card...but they both seem genuinely happy for each other. And they both seem to genuinely like each other as people. That's a great thing. And it is sooooooooo nice to see that depiction of Faith. I really think her character was underexplored on the show. She had a lot more depth than we were shown.

The proposals were just lovely...so appropriate for each of the couples. Faith doesn't do things in a subtle way. It's totally believable that she would whip out an "engagement bracelet" for Kent...whether she won or not. (LOL on Tara calling Faith on the upstaging plans.) And the clear understanding between Willow and Tara on the dance floor..."well, of course we'll be married...Duh!" So beautiful.

I think Ariel is getting the best end of the deal all around. That's one lucky kid!

Again, great update, Deb....can't wait for the next.

Carleen

Frivolous Views

PostPosted: Tue Jul 19, 2005 9:07 am 
2. Floating Rose

Hey there,

Very happy moments for all, and we'll have a double wedding :applause

Faith proposing, just so like her.

As for Willow and Tara, they know very well what is next in their lives. No need for nervousness when proposing. very cute how Willow just insert her question in their talk.

I'll miss this story. Thank you.

Take good care of everybody.
Love,
Clau.

PostPosted: Tue Jul 19, 2005 4:30 pm 
9. Gay Now

Okay, I'm done pouting....and just in time for the wonderful party! Even as I was being grouchy that Tara didn't win, it struck me that she would probably hate all the media attention, while Faith seems to be thriving in it (and finding ways to increase it....I did not see the proposal coming, but it was very cool).
Quote:
And that of course was the 'AWWWWWW' moment I was expecting, but still smiled goofily and sighed over. I love seeing how much Willow has now become a part of Tara's family, teaching Ariel how to use the pout to her advantage, pressing all the buttons in the limo (as if Willow wouldn't have done that herself even if there wasn't a small child around). Ariel seems like the biggest winner in all this...two new parental-type units that she clearly adores, and I think her college fund is secure. A truly wonderful not-quite-wrapup (and I only say that cause I know there's one more part)...even Buffy redeemed herself somewhat. I was wondering if any mention would be made of how Tara started the fire, so that was a nice closing....I think the only unanswered question I'm still waiting for is what were Willow and Ariel whispering about at the barbeque?

-Cam

PostPosted: Tue Jul 19, 2005 4:40 pm 
2. Floating Rose

aaaw...yay! :dance it was so cute! it deseves another :dance
Yay for weddings and yay for lesbians and just yay in general for this great piece of writing. *sighs* and one more update...I'm looking forward to it!

I'm off to sigh and 'Oooh' and "Aaah" about the wonderfulness. Oh and the girlfriend wants to know if we get another update tomorrow since this one was early - say yes, maybe I'll get lucky!

~Ani

ps.Apparently it was not okay that I didn't use her name so substitute 'the girlfriend' for Aimee and things should be okay and luckiness should ensue assuming it's a yes.

PostPosted: Tue Jul 19, 2005 6:52 pm 
32. Kisses and Gay Love

Watson – Good morning/afternoon, etc.

Quote:
I really am being a silly girl but I want to do this one last time in this thread (am running off to work soon ...)
Or two more times? I have one more update after this.

I usually wake up early on Monday to work out because I’ll get more rested and motivated over the weekend. By Thursday, it’s usually a no go for me though.

Yeah, I think that it’s important to teach Asher some social skills including effective flirting.

Quote:
I have to thank you for pushing me to write better, when I started KR (posted 20 Feb vs 9 Feb for SAI teaser), I was still a novice in terms of fanfic writing, I think I've managed to learn enough to get to intermediate, and you're a big part of that.
I don’t think it’s groveling and I really appreciate what you are saying. Your writing and your involvement is a great asset to this community of writers. I love what you are doing with KR as well as working with different writers, encouraging them, and sharing in the challenge creation. You are truly an asset to the board and if you feel grateful to me then believe me that the feeling is quite mutual.

Glad you like the depictions of the bit characters in this one: Kent, Faith (yes, I’m calling her bit), even Ariel. I think they all add to the story without overshadowing W/T. Agreed that Faith is the kind of chick who would propose on her own. I’m glad everyone seems to be liking the Willow proposal. I was kind of worried that people would disapprove of the way that it kind of blends in but I think it’s more “them.”

Quote:
does that mean no more smut in SAI? Ah well, I'm sure you'll update Please at some stage, or may be in one of your future fics?
You have seen the last smut in SAI but far from the last from Elvis.

SakuraEtsuko – Ahhh, darn, you missed it. Don’t feel bad, the other day I was sure there was an update on a fic and I dibs it fast before I saw that it was just a comment. Boy was I glad that there is a delete button!

I can see seeing Ariel as manipulating both couples but I think it’s more a matter of the fact that kids don’t censor themselves. She wants them to get married so she says so. Got it about the winner, etc.

Thanks.

wiccanbotanist – Lol. Yeah, you’re on to me now. Agreed about both Faith’s flashy engagement and W/T’s natural conversation. Honestly, I know more people who did it like that. Thanks a lot.

Insanity – Thanks so much. Yeah, Tara definitely won a prize here. Lol about Ariel and Willow. Glad you liked Faith’s proposal. Yeah, I had to get Anya and “the question” in there didn’t I? I may have promised it a while ago. I was really hoping to have her on the family challenge but Xander got voted off right before that. Sorry to say no wedding here.

Darth Pacula – G’day back to you. I know, you are now getting to be a regular and quite exciting for us too.

Quote:
I was kinda wondering why it was called Ash Island until you mentioned the volcano showering them with ash. You might have mentioned that earlier, but if you did, I didn't notice it.
Actually the cute kid in the picture saying “tah dah” is my son: Asher Griffin (anyone notice where I used his middle name in this story?

Lol about the network executives. Certainly would have caused a ratings spike don’t you think? I agree about Ariel’s genesis and that is a big part of the motivation for her having a normal one. Thanks. If I rode in the back of a limo for something like that, I’d probably want to explore it too. I’ve only ever ridden in them at funerals and you can’t quite say, “hey let’s see what’s on the TV and break out the itty bitty bottles” can you?

Don’t think about the TV wedding and it won’t happen. Lol. Not in this story anyway. Exercise is good and mind exercise is very good too. Lol about the words.

Quote:
You’re working through my fics right? So next I’ll see some feedback for Please? Ha ha.

Ha ha? Why the laughter? Okay, now you're making me suspicious. Or is that just my paranoia acting up again.
Please is officially “Please: The Series.” It’s in progress and episodic and very very NC-17. I believe it has many many more readers than reviewers and many fewer of either than this story. It’s not for everyone but if you truly have a “dirty little mind” you may like it.

Quote:
Aha! I knew it! Or is she just being coy, or kidding. GAAAHHH! and other incomprehensible sounds of annoyance. You are just plain evil Debra. And I love it.
:evil Buh wah hah hah!

Enjoy Please… Thanks.

Artemis – Lol about Ariel being an Adam like conglomeration (except for being a force for good and cute rather than gross and destructive (and lame!)).

Agreed about W/T not needing to say anything more. I think they’ve had enough high-key for their lives (or at least for Tara’s life) at this point. Thanks always.

Romy – Thanks. Yeah, they’ll all be happy and married.

SallyMcFine – Thanks. Believe me: I feel like you do.

caz – Howdy! Yes, $100,000 is quite a bit of money but I’m not sure it would pay for both of them. Keep in mind that while Tara’s in college, she still needs to support herself and Ariel (with Willow’s help of course) and that college will cost even more when Ariel is grown. Congrats on asking your hubby even if it is 23 years ago.

Quote:
I'm sure that Tara wouldn't have enjoyed a down on one knee proposal, it would have drawn too much attention.
I’m a bit like her. It would embarrass the hell out of either of us.

Quote:
Debra - tenterhooks is being in a state of tension or suspense. Please tell me what defenstated is - i can't find it in the dictionary!
Thanks. It’s to throw out a window.

GayNow - Lol about 666 and wierdos! I agree that Faith & Tara are genuinely happy for each other. They have become very close friends both on the Island and off and the competition has been over a long time for them.

Quote:
I really think her character was underexplored on the show. She had a lot more depth than we were shown.
and the understatement of the day goes to Car! I would have loved to see her have her own show.

Glad you liked the two proposals. I think that it’s clear the differences between Faith and Tara both in this update and the few prior. Thanks so much.

Irene73 – We’re definitely working the fine arts. I mean this is a person who is perfectly happy to put food in his hair, pick his nose, scream, or grab his mother’s boobie in public. I think the fine art of flirting may be a waste on him right now and we can work on making eye contact, smiling, and saying hi. Agreed about the kids being so cute. I mean people are pushovers.

We try to be careful with the somersaults and everything else. For right now, we prefer he do them on the bed (it’s on the floor). He sometimes wants to do them in the sandbox which is a pretty royal mess.

Quote:
Aren't kids fun?!! I absolutely adore being a mom. I know exactly how you and Rachel feel.
All I can do is agree with you with my entire heart.

Quote:
She reminds me so much of Melanie at that age.
That gets a definite “awww” from me. I mean I’m glad you like Ariel but to think that she reminds you of Melanie is just so adorable.

Glad you liked both proposals. I wanted them to be in character not only for Willow and Faith but for Kent & Tara too.

You’re totally welcome and definitely go back and read. One more update…

dragonfly – Thanks. Yes, very like Faith. Glad you liked both proposals. Thank you.

tarawhipped – Hey Cam. How was the wedding? Hope you had fun. I completely agree that Tara would hate the media while Faith is thrilled on it. I think you are with many others in concluding that Ariel definitely got the best deal of the entire show.
Quote:
I think the only unanswered question I'm still waiting for is what were Willow and Ariel whispering about at the barbeque?
Would I leave that unanswered?... probably…

AnirtakEnigma – Woo hoo. The dancing stick guy over the weddings! Thank you so much. I’d say the next update will be tomorrow or Thursday. I finished writing it today and need to put some finishing touches on it and then that’s it. Thanks. Hi to the gf.

PostPosted: Tue Jul 19, 2005 7:08 pm 
3. Flaming O

Hey Elvis,
Well this is quite a cute update. I like that there is more new to the story even after the show is over. Faith's proposal seemed right on target for her and Willows seemed similarly perfect. Anya was priceless. Well done.

PostPosted: Tue Jul 19, 2005 11:01 pm 
3. Flaming O

Yay for updates! And what a wonderful update it was. Willow and Tara are getting married and so are Faith and Kent, too! Double surrvivor wedding.....that would be better than the Rob and Amber wedding.

PostPosted: Wed Jul 20, 2005 4:58 am 
17. Mega-Witches

JustSkipIt wrote:

Quote:
Actually the cute kid in the picture saying “tah dah” is my son: Asher Griffin (anyone notice where I used his middle name in this story?

I noticed right away, yep. Mount Griffin, the volcano, the eruptions of which I wonder - inspired by memories of baby spitup? ;)

PostPosted: Wed Jul 20, 2005 5:20 am 
6. Sassy Eggs

very nice update debra, now that the winner has been revealed it's all gotten a little epilogue-ish hasn't it? maybe if i just don't read the last installment, i can pretend it didn't end, hmm..
nice to see that all of the main characters are so at ease with each other, and joking about the money, can only echo everyone else's sentiments that ariel is one lucky little girl. very much liked willow commenting that she was sharing in the parenting, states their commitment better than any other way i think.
was a little suprised tara didn't correct the reporter when her referred to kent as her ex-husband, it's something she's prob. used to i guess. i think the survivor double wedding scenerio is just begging to show up in a fic challenge someday.
and just wondering, did the play "wonderful tonight" again at the party?
thanx again debra for a wonderful story, and the regular updating all the way thru, i'm sure it wasn't always easy for you to keep to such a consistent schedule, kudos for that, i know you made a lot of kittens very happy!~mary

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 714 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 19, 20, 21, 22, 23, 24  Next