The Kitten, the Witches and the Bad Wardrobe - Willow & Tara Forever

General Chat  || Kitten  || WaV  || Pens  || Mi2  || GMP  || TiE  || FAQ  || Feed - The Kitten, the Witches and the Bad Wardrobe

All times are UTC - 8 hours [ DST ]

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 714 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 20, 21, 22, 23, 24  Next
 Post subject: Re: Survivor - Ash Island
PostPosted: Wed Jul 20, 2005 7:32 am 
5. Willowhand

Aww, this was such a great fic.

One of my all time favorite!!!

You can't go wrong with Survivor and our 2 girls ;)

I am a little sad this is over though, I wish it would have last forever..

You're certainly not done writing anyway, right?

You write amazingly well and I am looking forward to read more from you.

PostPosted: Wed Jul 20, 2005 1:33 pm 
23. Volumey Text

That was a great update.

Ooh they got to go in limousines *is jealous*

The party was very nice. I was there. Well I was outside. I was the one with the sign saying " :willow + :tara forever" :lol

The conversation in the car was really funny, as was Ariel telling Kent to say yes :rofl

It'll be sad seeing this story go, since looking forward to updates for this story has been a highlight of my week.

PostPosted: Wed Jul 20, 2005 1:45 pm 
Ms. Moderator Fantastico
Ms. Moderator Fantastico

Topics: 1
Quote:
As they walked into the party they heard countless shouts of “We love you Willow and Tara!” and “You were robbed!”

Too bad the crowd (Kittens, yes?) didn’t get to vote! But when all is said and done, Tara did win the best prize of all :heart Hmmm.. Ellen in the morning or Letterman in the evening? I’d say Tara got the better end of that deal too! Or is Faith going to be on Ellen as well? Anyhoo.. should be a fun interview!

Quote:
Tara chuckled as she continued stroking her lover’s hand. “Magic,” she whispered.

Awww.. so sweet. :heart And a perfect way to end the day. Hee.. still giggling over Ariel and Willow pushing buttons in the Limo. Cute! Thanks much!

PostPosted: Wed Jul 20, 2005 10:38 pm 
4. Extra Flamey

Yay!!!! :applause :bounce :-D :applause :party

I don't even know what to say, that was great! And you know what made it even better? ANYA!!! Yay for Anya!

Quote:
Were the two of you sharing orgasms on the Island? Xander says no and Willow won’t say but I think you were.”

Oh man, she cracks me up.

Quote:
“Never mind that you would have starved without me,” Tara muttered under her breath but loudly enough for the group to hear.

At last, Tara gets mad enough to make a sarcastic comment! She's too nice. That's why we love her.

Quote:
“That’s good because if Faith marries Daddy she’ll be my mommy too.”

Um, yeah. Last update I said I'd be mad when Faith hugged Ariel after she won... now I'd be even more mad. I guess that's why Tara's Tara. :x

Quote:
Tara chuckled as she continued stroking her lover’s hand. “Magic,” she whispered.

Aw. That was a great last line.

Great job! :bow
-Alyssa

"I'm gonna do my best swan dive into shark-infested waters/ I'm gonna pull out my tampon and start splashing around/ 'Cause I don't care if they eat me alive/ I've got better things to do than survive/ I've got a memory of your warm skin in my hands/ And I've got a vision of blue sky and dry land" - Ani Difranco

PostPosted: Thu Jul 21, 2005 3:31 pm 
32. Kisses and Gay Love

Topics: 7
Graceland – Hey there. Glad you like it. One more to go. I had to get Anya in there.

Tonto – Thanks. I’m sure a double wedding would be cool to see. Did you watch the Rob & Amber wedding? It was cheesy but boy was it beautiful!

SallyMcFine – I knew someone would catch it.
Quote:
inspired by memories of baby spitup?
Actually we got pretty lucky. He’s a pretty low messy kid: few poos, very little spitup.

meretricious – Hey back. Thanks. I agree, it’s very epilogue-ish (if that’s a word?). To tell the truth, I kind of wish that the last update could be the last one so that the last line would end it. But instead, I’ve got another update right now…

I agree about Ariel’s good fortune and Willow’s efforts toward her. She seems to be doing a very good job.
Quote:
was a little suprised tara didn't correct the reporter when her referred to kent as her ex-husband,
And I’m surprised that you’re the first person to mention it. Yes, I think that she’s used to it plus which who wants to say, “Oh, he’s not my ex-husband. We just had one night of drunken and uninspiring revelry.”

You’re so welcome for all your kudos and thanks.

Willster – Thanks. I’m glad to make the list. I have some more writing projects in mind. Thanks.

Justin – Hey there. Thanks. Lol. Glad you liked the party and Ariel too. Thanks.

Kajun – Yes, that would have been cool. Of course the Kitten would have voted for W/T to be ½ from the beginning so there’s not much competition there. Here comes the interview… Glad you liked the final line and the limo part.

watersong84 – Thanks. Lol about making it better with Anya. It was hard not to use her on the island so I’m glad I got her in here. I don’t think Tara’s so much mad as enjoying the comfort of joking around with a good friend once the tension is over.

Thank you about the last line. Like I said above, I kind of wish it was the last line of the fic but there’s one more update. Thank you.

Title – Survivor – Ash Island

Part 35 – The Latest Early Show

Author – JustSkipIt

Pairing – T/W (who else?)

Feedback – Oh yes.

Spoilers – None

Rating – PG-13

Disclaimer – I own none of these characters nor do I own Survivor. And believe it or not, I also don’t own any small islands. On the other hand, this island is fictional so let’s say I own it. I’m making no money from this fiction and intend no copyright infringement. I also don’t own The Early Show nor The Ellen Show.

Note – Debra’s soapbox: You liked this story right? You send feedback and thank yous. Kittens are really wonderful. Honor the story today. Do something spectacular: tell someone you love them, make a donation to charity, retrieve the ball that rolled away from a little kid, or even just feedback another fic. Namaste.

Note – Congratulations to the Canadian Kittens, including Patches, on your equality today!

Harry and Julie stand outside the CBS Early Show studio in a space cordoned off from the crowd. After the news update is complete they announce, “And coming up in the next segment, the final four from Survivor – Ash Island.”

When the Early Show returns from commercial break Harry narrates for the clip from last night’s season finale.

Show clip [blockquote]To recap, that’s three votes Faith. Three votes Tara!” Jeff pulls the last vote from the container and looks at it for a long moment. “And the winner of Survivor – Ash Island … is Faith!” Both Faith and Tara look shocked for a second, neither moving. Then the crowd cheers and both women jump up and hug each other tightly. As soon as they let go, Faith runs from the stage into the crowd where she embraces her family including picking up Ariel and hugging her and kissing Kent deeply to the cat calls of the crowd. [/blockquote]

“Last night we saw the final four for Survivor – Ash Island go from four, to three, to two contestants and saw Faith Lehane crowned the Ultimate Survivor.” The camera pulls back and we see Harry sitting in a tall director-style chair with the Robin, Kendra, Tara, and Faith in similar chairs. “Congratulations, Faith.”

“Thanks.”

“And Congratulations to each of you. You all played a great game.”

The other three competitors all say thank you. “Now Faith, you played a very daring game.” We see shots of Faith conspiring with Robin, Willow, and Buffy at different times. “You schemed throughout this game and still won.”

“I came into the game with a plan, Harry. I didn’t know if it would work but I got lucky.”

Harry indicates Robin and Kendra. “In fact, both of you actually voted for Faith to win the money?”

Robin begins to answer the question. “You know we had a very clear and interesting choice to make in the tribal council. The contest between Tara and Faith was so clear cut.”

Kendra takes up the explanation. “This was a very hard decision to make. I mean I was with these girls throughout our time on the island and I was thankful for Tara every day. I mean has there ever been anyone on Survivor who knew what she knew? No. But then when it came down to it, I voted for the person who played the best Survivor Game.”

Faith laughs. “I think everyone agrees that Tara is who they would want to be stranded on a desert island with.”

“That seems like slight consolation.” Harry directs his statement at Tara.

“I was s-surprised to make it through the game and to the final two. The fact that I made it that far is consolation for me.”

“And you did win $100,000.”

“Well that c-certainly helps.” Tara laughs nervously.

“Robin. You made it very far in this game and you never really seemed to fit into a strong alliance. Do you have doubts about your strategy now?”

“I’m very pleased about how far I made it in this game. I made it this far on my wits and my physical fitness.” He looks sideways at the other three girls. “And these girls were in control of the game the entire time but they wanted to take me with them.”

“Kendra, you were aligned with Faith and Tara for every day of this game.”

“Yes, mon.”

“But you don’t seem to have really made the impression that they made on the jury or the audience. The CBS website shows Tara with a 90% popularity level and Faith at 84%. Even Robin and Willow are at 79% but you hovered at 63% throughout the entire game. You never seemed to spike up or drop.”

“Well Harry, I was myself on the island. I had a great experience and played a very good game. I might not have set the world on fire but I wasn’t the lowest rated Survivor either, I think.”

“Good point,” Harry agrees.

“Tara, I just recounted your popularity. How has that changed things for you?”

“It wasn’t anything I was e-expecting.” Tara looks down at her hands. “I don’t think I really thought about what it would mean for me or my daughter for me to go on this show. Now I get stopped in airports, grocery stores, at my daughter’s s-soccer games.” She looks back at Harry. “But everyone has been v-very nice.”

“Not everyone,” Harry disagrees.

Show Clip
[blockquote]But I think that you’re worse, Tara.” Tara looks puzzled at Buffy’s statement. “I had a friend in this game, an alliance member.” Everyone glances at Willow. “But you used her. You told her lies about who you were and what she meant to you. You sold yourself and you sold her and that makes you pretty disgusting in my book.” Tara is shaking her head and mouthing “no” but she isn’t given an opportunity to respond by Buffy who angrily turns on her heel and sits back down. A shot of Willow shows her mouth clenched, her fists balled at her side. [/blockquote]

“This speech seemed to really come out of left field. Was anyone expecting it?”

Robin answers first. “Buffy was pretty unhappy about her performance in the game.”

“Buffy is a very passionate and loyal person. When someone is her friend, she wants to defend them, whatever it takes.”

Harry follows up Kendra’s answer. “And she thought that Tara was taking advantage of her friend—Willow?”

“B-buffy and Willow are very close friends. She honestly believed that my i-i-in… i-i-i…” Tara shows takes a deep breath as if trying to compose herself.

“You know, Harry,” Faith takes over, “Buffy was just trying to defend her friend. She didn’t realize how Tara really felt.”

“Would you like to say anything about that, Tara?”

Tara looks off screen to the crowd surrounding the “stage.” She smiles widely. “I would absolutely never do anything to hurt Willow.”

“Yet, you voted her off the show.”

Tara looks down but Faith reaches over and takes her hand, giving it a squeeze. Tara looks back up. “Willow understands that decision.” She smiles again off screen.

Harry changes the topic. “Faith, how has your appearance on this show changed your life?”

Faith smiles. “Well my business has certainly increased.” Everyone laughs. “The attention has been great. And people are very open with their opinions.”

Robin laughs along with the trainer. “That’s for sure. People stop you on the street to give advice on the game.”

“As if you can go back and change anything you did months ago,” Kendra laughs and the other Survivors all join her.

“When we return we’ll hand out the checks and find out some interesting news from our winner.”

When the show returns from commercial, Robin and Kendra have left the set. Now just Harry, Tara, and Faith sit in the director’s chairs. “Welcome back to The Early Show.” The crowd applauds. “We are visiting with Tara and Faith, the final two players on Survivor – Ash Island.” He turns and picks up a check that is about 3 times normal check size. It is clearly for $100,000 and made out to Tara Maclay. “Tara, your appearance on Survivor – Ash Island was probably the most competent showing any one has ever made in coping in the wilderness.” He holds up the check and slowly revolves so the audience sees it. “I’m happy to award you this check for second place and $100,000.”

Tara reverently takes the check and shakes Harry’s hand. “Th-thank you, Harry.” The applause continues.

Harry reaches behind him and pulls out a check that is easily twice as big as the first one. This one says $1,000,000 and “Faith Lehane, Ultimate Survivor!” in the “pay to the order of…” space. “Faith, CBS and The Early Show is excited to present you with this check for one million dollars!” Faith happily accepts the check and shakes Harry’s hand as the crowd applauds loudly. She and Tara hug and then she waves to the crowd as the applause continues.

“After this commercial, we’ll have some exciting news from the Ultimate Survivor.”

“Welcome back to The Early Show. We’re visiting with Faith Lehane Ultimate Survivor for Survivor – Ash Island and Tara Maclay, her competitor in the final two.” After continued applause and smiles and waves from Tara and Faith both.

“Faith, I understand that you have some exciting news from last night in addition to your winning Survivor.”

“I really do. I met the most wonderful man in the world on this show.”

We see two show clips: Kent and Faith working together to win the reward challenge and Faith talking to Kent as he sits by the fire.

“And we’re going to be married.” The surprised crowd waits a second and then begins applauding and shouting.

“Congratulations, Faith,” Harry says, “Now have you had any discussion with CBS about broadcasting the wedding?”

“No one has mentioned it but that doesn’t mean that they aren’t interested. I let the publicity and legal people take care of stuff like that.”

“Tara, you must be really excited for your friend.”

“Kent has been my best friend for many years and to have b-been able to introduce these two and see them together is just really great.”

PhotoThe screen flashes a shot of Kent, Ariel, and Faith arriving at the Survivor Finale show.

“Now speaking of Survivor romances, you and Willow made no secret of your relationship while on the show. But some viewers couldn’t really tell whether you were just playing her or whether you were serious.”

“I know that some viewers thought I was playing the game b-but I think that my popularity shows that most believed I was acting with my heart.”

“It wasn’t just the viewers that doubted your feelings,” Harry says as a lead in for the next clip.

Show Clip
[blockquote]But I think that you’re worse, Tara.” Tara looks puzzled at Buffy’s statement. “I had a friend in this game, an alliance member.” Everyone glances at Willow. “But you used her. You told her lies about who you were and what she meant to you. You sold yourself and you sold her and that makes you pretty disgusting in my book.” Tara is shaking her head and mouthing “no” but she isn’t given an opportunity to respond by Buffy who angrily turns on her heel and sits back down. A shot of Willow shows her mouth clenched, her fists balled at her side. [/blockquote]

“How did it feel watching that speech last night?”

“I think it was worse when it happened at the tribal c-council months ago. Then I didn’t know what had happened between Buffy and Willow at the resort. I didn’t know if Willow might have believed those things that Buffy said. I was very scared to lose her and very shocked that s-someone would believe that about me.” She takes a deep breath. “But last night, all I could think was that my daughter and my mother were with me and that they were hearing what Buffy said.”

“And how did they react?”

Tara smiles before answering. “My mother just patted me on the hand throughout the speech and then leaned over and gave me a kiss on the cheek when it was over.”

“And your daughter?”

“Ariel was very upset with Buffy. I had tried to explain to her during the commercial breaks that people might s-say mean things about her mother but she didn’t really understand it.”

Faith interrupts Tara for a moment. “Ariel’s about the smartest six-year old I’ve ever met but she’s also a very sensitive child. It was hard for her to hear Buffy say what she knew wasn’t true. I mean she knows that Tara loves Willow. Anyone with eyes could see that on the island.”

“So you were aware that Tara’s feelings for Willow were real during the game?”

Faith nods her head enthusiastically. “There was never much of a doubt about it for anyone who spent more than a few days with the girls. Actually the most surprising thing about the two of them is that Tara stayed true to her alliance with Kendra and I.”

“In fact, you voted Willow off the show.”

“Y-y-yes. I had made a promise to the women in my alliance and I was committed to keeping that promise. It hurt to vote off someone who I cared about so deeply but my v-vote was part of the game.”

“Back to Buffy,” Harry says. “Have the two of you spoken since tribal council?”

Tara nods her head. “A few months ago Willow and Buffy met for dinner while Willow was in Chicago. Buffy called me shortly after that to apologize and she apologized again last night.”

“Yet,” Harry says, “Buffy’s vote seems to have cost you the game. Do you wonder whether she would have voted for you if she had known the truth?”

Faith and Tara both laugh. Tara motions to the dark haired girl and herself. “We talked about it months ago and agreed that no matter how it came out, we wouldn’t play ‘what if’ about the vote.”

Faith chimes in. “Yeah, Harry. You can really make yourself crazy thinking, ‘what if I’d given that person a pat on the back’ or ‘what if I’d given a different answer to the question?’”

“Well that’s an incredibly mature attitude,” Harry commends them. “We at The Early Show would like to congratulate you both again and we’ll be looking for more information on your wedding, Faith.”

“Thanks.”

“Thanks.”

--

Tuesday Morning – The Ellen Show
After she’s done with her dancing and has given her introductory comments, Ellen introduces her first guests. “Now I’m pretty excited about our first guests today. We’ve had Survivor contestants on before but never like these.”

They play a two clips: Willow kissing Tara for the first time and Tara kissing Willow’s icon.

“Let’s welcome Tara Maclay and Willow Rosenberg from Survivor – Ash Island!” The two girls come out through the curtain and Ellen greets them. As the band plays dance music all three start dancing and laughing. Tara blushes and looks down but is obviously buoyed by the enthusiastic response from the audience. Once they have finished dancing, Ellen leads the way over to her lounging area.

“Welcome.”

“Thanks, Ellen,” Willow responds as she places her hand palm up on Tara’s knee and the blonde entwines their fingers. “We’re really happy to be here.”

“Ok, for anyone who hasn’t been watching Survivor this season…” Ellen looks around. “Who did watch?”

The entire audience bursts into applause and shouting.

Ellen laughs along with Willow and Tara. “Well in case anyone at home didn’t watch, you two were quite the story this season. Tara, you made it to the final two and barely lost by a 4-3 vote Sunday night.”

“Yes.”

“And Willow, you played a bold game. You solved all these puzzles and courted a woman who wasn’t even out of the closet.”

“I guess that was pretty unusual,” Willow agrees. “But I just felt this connection to Tara. It wasn’t anything that I could deny or anything I wanted to.”

Ellen looks at Tara. “Let me clarify. You were out of the closet, just not on the show. You had no intention of discussing it at all.”

“R-r-right. I wanted to play the game I wanted to play. I didn’t want my loving women to become my story.”

“I know how that can be,” Ellen deadpans. The audience again laughs and claps.

“And since you two left the Island, you’ve been dating?”

“Actually we didn’t see each other until the weekend of the premiere.”

“Is that a rule that CBS has or did one of you come up with the idea?”

Willow and Tara share a glance. “We agreed that it would be b-best if we both returned to our lives and gave our relationship some time.”

Ellen smiles. “So you’re on this island for what 5 weeks?”

“If you’re lucky,” Willow answers.

“What do you do? I mean aren’t you completely bored.”

Tara nods as Ellen is speaking. “It would be hard to describe just how b-boring the time on the island is. I mean imagine being there for 5 weeks—actually 39 days in the case of Faith and I.”

“What did you do?”

“W-well part of the time you are working on the shelter, getting water, or finding food,” Willow explains.

“And the rest of the time you spend s-sitting around trying to conserve your energy.”

“And talking?” Ellen suggests.

“You talk forever. You talk about everything. Every car you ever owned. Your family, your high school sports scores, everything.” Tara and Willow both laugh as if sharing an inside joke.

Ellen watches the girls with amusement. “Inside joke?”

“Well we got tired of telling our life stories over and over.”

Willow segues directly to telling Tara’s story. “Kendra and Faith were huge Buffy the Vampire Slayer fans.” Quite a few audience members shout and cheer.

“Apparently they aren’t alone,” Ellen says with a wave of her hand.

“So when we ran out of things to talk about, they would tell the rest of us the details of every single episode.”

“S-sometimes they would a-act them out.” Tara and Willow are laughing pretty hard now at their remembrances.

“And you had visitors on the island?”

“Just one time.” Willow nods.

“Ok, so tell me who this guy is.” Ellen holds up a two pictures of Kent. One shows him working with Tara on the reward challenge. The other shows he and Faith arriving for the Finale Sunday Night.

“That’s my b-best friend, Kent.” Tara points at the picture. “He and Faith met on the island and they’ve really hit it off.”

“They’re engaged?”

“They got engaged Sunday night,” Willow confirms.

Ellen smiles. “Sounds like you all got very busy on the Island.” She pauses. “And the two of you found something else to do to entertain yourselves.”

Show Clip
[blockquote]Confessional Caption – Kendra – Interpreter
“When Willow and Tara got back from getting mail, they were both blushing like crazy, man. I mean everyone with eyes has noticed the way they look at each other. And one walks in the woods, the other gets up to follow. I say, good for you girls. But don’t mess up my game. Tara’s been with Faith and I all along.”[/blockquote]

“Ok, you can tell us. What happened in the woods? And what happened in that cabin?”

Tara laughs. “You know that a cameraman follows you e-everywhere on the Island right?”

“Yeah,” Willow laughs, “this one guy had like a waist pouch of snacks. He would always hold the camera in one hand and eat with the other.”

“That had to be hard,” Ellen prompts.

“You know those c-cartoons where the person is hungry and their friends start to look like steaks with eyeballs and a hat?” The audience laughs at Tara’s description.

“So you’re saying that the two of you went for walks in the woods and just talked and wished you had the cameraman’s food?”

Willow smiles. “Well that wasn’t all we did in the woods.” The audience whistles and cheers.

“Now speaking of food…”

Show clip
MFashnek Camp – Day 18
[blockquote]“Peanut butter,” Kendra is saying. We see all five MFashnek members sitting around the fire. They are drinking coffee to begin the day. It’s unclear how long this game has been going on.

“Cheese,” Willow says. “A grilled cheese sandwich.”

“My daughter,” Tara adds. “And a Snickers bar.” Everyone laughs. “What about you Robin? What do you miss?”

“A shower,” Robin answers with a smile.[/blockquote]

Ellen smiles a sneaky smile as the theme song for Snickers starts to play. Two interns push out a pallet holding thousands of Snickers bars and leave it near the seats as Willow claps and Tara hangs her head so her eyes are behind her hair. Ellen stands up and both Survivors join her in walking over toward the pallet. “I could never eat th-that m-many … Tara looks up and looks at the audience. Can we give some to th-them?” As soon as the words are out of her mouth, the interns and a few others start taking bars off the top and filling baskets to carry them out into the crowd.

“Hey, what’s this?” Willow pulls a large envelope from the pile and hands it to Tara.

Tara looks at the envelope and then to Ellen who is still smiling widely. “Th-this is from…” As she speaks she opens the envelope and pulls a sheet of crisp paper from it. She reads for a minute as Willow looks on before screaming and hugging first Willow and then Ellen. By the time she finishes hugging the two of them and all the available interns, she is crying and the audience is clapping and stomping their feet.

Finally leading the girls back toward the desk, Ellen asks Tara to explain what the letter says. Having composed herself by wiping her face with a Kleenex and taking a drink of cold water, Tara finally discloses that the letter is from the Ohio University system and provides credit for her to finish her Art degree as well as credit for Ariel’s college education. She can not finish the explanation as she again begins crying. Willow holds her lover’s hand and pats it as she sees how moved the blonde is by the wonderful gift.

“I have the best job ever,” Ellen says conclusively. Then she reaches behind her desk and tells Willow, “I don’t want you to think we forgot you.” She hands the redhead a box holding a new IPod and a gift card. “That’s for 5000 songs at ITunes.”

Like Tara before her, Willow jumps up and hugs the host and thanks her profusely. The band starts to play and Ellen turns to the audience. “Coming up after the break we’ll have an 11 year-old boy who has just set a world record for jumping rope.” She turns back to Willow and Tara. “Thank you so much for coming on the show today. It was a pleasure seeing the two of you on the show and meeting you.”

Tara and Willow return the host with smiles. They quickly hug her and thank her for having them on and again thank her for their gifts.

---

ETA: THE END

Last edited by JustSkipIt on Thu Jul 21, 2005 5:30 pm, edited 3 times in total.

PostPosted: Thu Jul 21, 2005 3:39 pm 
6. Sassy Eggs

and the final "dibs" is mine!
(i hope)

eta: yes, yes it was, thought for sure someone with nimbler fingers was typing at the same time and would get dibs, but they are all mine. hahahahahah
ok, meglomaniac moment over
nice for tara that she didn't have to do any of these public apppearances alone, and that someone was always ready to help her out when needed. i was a little confused that there is clip of faith and kent working together? thought he only worked with tara then jogged with faith, i need to reread that i guess. and why did harry make tara sit thru buffy's speech twice? once i understand, but twice was just mean.
trip to ellen's made it worth it though, and the mental image of the three of them dancing will prob. still have me giggling when i wake up in the morning. awesome that tara and ariel won scholorships, though i think 10 or 11 yrs down the road, willow will have been such a financial success that they will donate money to other needier kids. i could easily see them doing that, anyway. and 5000 free songs from itunes? my eyes glazed over for a moment when i read that, i'd prob. have to upgrade my memory/hard drive but willow will have no problems i'm sure.
thanx again for the great ride debra!~ mary

Last edited by meretricious on Thu Jul 21, 2005 5:47 pm, edited 1 time in total.

PostPosted: Thu Jul 21, 2005 4:21 pm 
4. Extra Flamey

Is it the final dibs? Will there be more?

Well way to go Debra, you tricked me again. Or I feel tricked. Anyways it seems that I make some comment and you go and take care of it only in a completely different way that I expect. Looks like Ellen is taking care of Ariels college. Very cool though.

And wouldn't Willow already have an iPod? Probably an older one, so I'm sure it is an upgrade.

Anyways :applause :clap :bounce :bow as always

-wiccanbotanist

PostPosted: Thu Jul 21, 2005 7:41 pm 
8. Vixen

I cant believe this is over! As many I hesitated to read this cuz I cant stand reality shows but I love your stories so I decided to give it a shot. Wise decision ;) I loved the way you portrayed Willow and Tara and everyone else for that matter. Even Ellen was dead-on hehe.
Hope you are gonna start another story really soon.
:applause
ETA: Finally! I am a Flaming O!

PostPosted: Thu Jul 21, 2005 8:16 pm 
6. Sassy Eggs

damn, I can't believe I missed the update! I wanted dibs! *pouts*

It was awesome. Ellen rocked, of course, 'cause she's a frickin' goddess. Loved the snickers thing. Probably would have been bad for the technology to bury Willow's iPod in a pile of grilled cheese sandwiches... That was the best gift Ellen could have given Tara.

I think you should do an epilogue. The weddings. One, so this story lasts just a little longer, and two, so I get my dibs! *grins*

PostPosted: Thu Jul 21, 2005 10:50 pm 
Ms. Moderator Fantastico
Ms. Moderator Fantastico

Irene73: Your Song Parody is hilarious!!

Hey Deb! I’ve never watched the Early Show (too early for me :D) but.. Wow. 39 days of footage and showing the exact same clip twice is the best they can do?? I’m so glad Willow was nearby during that interview. Tara clearly needed her.

Quote:
The CBS website shows Tara with a 90% popularity level and Faith at 84%.

At least they acknowledged Tara’s popularity. :heart

Hooray for Ellen!!! I love that woman! I don’t get the chance to watch her show as often as I’d like but I think the interview would go pretty much the way you wrote it. Excellent job.

Note to Early Show: Watch Ellen and learn!!

Quote:
They play a two clips: Willow kissing Tara for the first time and Tara kissing Willow’s icon.

Adorable :heart

Quote:
“You know those c-cartoons where the person is hungry and their friends start to look like steaks with eyeballs and a hat?” The audience laughs at Tara’s description.

Haha.. so funny! I knew Tara would feel more comfortable during this interview. It was great to see her joking and showing a bit of her creative side. Giving the Pile O Snickers with College credits hidden inside to Tara and Ariel, and an iPod with tunes for Willow is the ultimate of coolness. I wish I had her job too!! Lots of great stuff here but just to point out a few more: Dancing, holding hands, Tara sharing her choco goodies with the audience and Willow’s intimation about time spent in the woods. I’m a little embarrassed to admit I was :happycry along with Willow and Tara after reading this final update. I’m looking forward to your next Willow and Tara adventure. :heart Thanks so very much for this absolutely wonderful story!!

PostPosted: Thu Jul 21, 2005 11:20 pm 
4. Extra Flamey

:applause It's over. I don't really know what to do now. I am still processing.

Quote:
Thank you about the last line. Like I said above, I kind of wish it was the last line of the fic but there’s one more update.

Yeah, when I read that line, I was like, "now that would be a good last line, but I think there is one more update. Is there one more update? Am I going crazy?" But I liked the last update, even if it meant that line couldn't be the last.

Quote:
Tara finally discloses that the letter is from the Ohio University system and provides credit for her to finish her Art degree as well as credit for Ariel’s college education.

Yay! Tara and Ariel both get to go to college!

Quote:
“I have the best job ever,” Ellen says conclusively.

I agree.

Aw man, that was simply a great fic. :bow :clap :-D

-Alyssa

"I'm gonna do my best swan dive into shark-infested waters/ I'm gonna pull out my tampon and start splashing around/ 'Cause I don't care if they eat me alive/ I've got better things to do than survive/ I've got a memory of your warm skin in my hands/ And I've got a vision of blue sky and dry land" - Ani Difranco

PostPosted: Fri Jul 22, 2005 12:20 am 
10. Troll Hammer

G'day Debra. My complements to the the family.

Another one finished hey? What's next? Willow and Tara in 24? :-D

Quote:
Faith laughs. “I think everyone agrees that Tara is who they would want to be stranded on a desert island with.”

I have to imagine that certain people would have reasons other than her survival skills. ;-)

I think Kendra's popularity rating probably had more to do with the fact that she wasn't as out there as some of the other people, than with how she played the game. That's the problem with having so many people; you can only focus on so many, and she seemed to miss out. By the time she'd reached the final four, it was a bit late.

Showing the same clip twice? Are they trying to get Buffy mugged by a rabid Willow and Tara fan? Poor girl. And yet, here I was a couple of days ago suggesting that she get hit in the head with a mace. Color me fickle.

I gotta ask, what's with TV gameshows and the massive novelty check? It's just a prop I hope. Can you imagine trying to fit one of them in your pocket, let alone trying to cash it.

:lol about the BTVS reference. Nice touch.

The little story about the cameraman was a hoot. I think I would've just mugged the bugger if I'd been on the island. Go all Lord of the Flies on his fat ass and chase him around the island.

Thousands of snickers bars? :drool I think I'd be in a diabetic coma just at the sight.

Lastly, what did you mean by ETA. For me that mean estimated time of arrival, and that just makes no sense.

Salutations from the southern hemisphere.

PostPosted: Fri Jul 22, 2005 11:11 am 
5. Willowhand

Hi Debra - A wonderful end to a wonderful story. Ellen's surprises for both of our girls was great, especially for Tara - a great weight off her mind no doubt.

I too wouldn't mind an epilogue about the weddings, I'm a sucker for seeing things through to the very end. If I had my way Buffy would have been on t.v. every week for the rest of my life - and Tara would have been in every episode!

Thanks again for a wonderful story. I really do believe that you should be writing books or screenplays.

Caz

PostPosted: Fri Jul 22, 2005 11:23 am 
18. Breast Gal

Topics: 4
Well, what a ride it's been. I think back to those first days, arriving on the island in the boats (memories prompted by Irene's song - incidentally, Fanta! Yay!), and Faith, Tara and Kendra making a deal to stick together, and now here we are, $1,100,000, two cars, and two proposals later... wow :D What a great story :bow

Kudos to Faith for standing by Tara 100% during the post-show interviews, without just outright bashing Buffy (figuratively, that is). Faith may come across as a ballsy all-or-nothing fighter, but she's got a lot of class too. And kudos also to Tara for facing down the hard questions about her voting off Willow, she did that with style, and most important, with sincerity.

And then Ellen, and Ellen! :bounce She'd get a bouncy smiley just for having Willow and Tara dancing, nothing to put you at ease like being in the presence of a fellow adorable spaz, but yeah, she does have the best job in the world. I really felt it when Tara was crying with joy.

Yay also for Ariel having her future college needs taken care of - I know I've been big with the Ariel-praise already, but now I've got to say she's one lucky girl to have Tara for a mommy. Of course, that'd be the case even without the college funds and so forth, but still, awww :blush

Now, if it's not too presumptuous, might I say, follow-up story? Say, a CBS Special, the Ultimate Survivor's Wedding, Faith + Kent, and naturally Tara and Willow and Ariel would be there, and all kinds of behind-the-scenes fun and sweetness would ensue... :pray

PostPosted: Sat Jul 23, 2005 9:21 am 
12. Recently Gay

A wonderful end to an amazing story. I hope you continue writing such beautiful stories for us. :-D :-D :-D :-D

*lil´c*

PostPosted: Sat Jul 23, 2005 9:24 am 
5. Willowhand

Sorry for the lack of feedback on the last update. I was on vacation, so I had two updates to read. Yay!

I loved how you concluded this with the after party and the Ellen show. Nice introduction of Anya, direct as always. I'm happy that Tara got her scholarship for her degree as well as credit for Ariel. Totally awesome. :) Thanks for a great story.

PostPosted: Sat Jul 23, 2005 9:34 am 
30. Sweaty and Kinda Gay

Debra....I don't quite know what to say...I loved this story so much, and now it's over...I'm feeling all sad and teary. The last update was amazing...with the two of them being on the show together... the ending really gave it that sense of finality but also the grandness of things that are just beginning. I want more... I think you should do a sequel to this story :x about their life away from the show. *sigh* Thank you for writing such a wonderful story...and I'm sad this had to end, but I guess that only means that I get to look forward to your next written adventure.

xoxo
Emms

PostPosted: Sat Jul 23, 2005 12:58 pm 
6. Sassy Eggs

Oh my... I just realized, that I didn't gave feedback to the latest (and last) chapter.

Well, you did it again. You wrote a really fantastic and entertaining story, that had me trapped from the very first installment. The whole idea to this story was just great.

And Ariel, well I think I don't need to repeat how much I loved her. She was really awesome.

You did a wonderful job with this story (as so many times before) and I hope you will write another story soon!!!

Insanity

PostPosted: Sun Jul 24, 2005 7:23 pm 
7. Teeny Tinkerbell Light

Faith proposed to Kent. I didn't see that coming. That was pretty cool. And the Willow/Tara proposal was so sweet.

The Ellen appearance was fun. Loved the image of the three of them dancing spazzily.

Great story.

PostPosted: Mon Jul 25, 2005 2:06 pm 
17. Mega-Witches

Awwwwwww, it's over! Aw. I'm left wanting more. Kind of as if I have eaten a meal but am not quite full yet and want a second helping. I'm trying to identify why, other than it's just hard to have a good thing come to an end even when it's run its course.

Here's what I've been able to identify: I want more Willow and Tara one-on-one as they learn to navigate their new relationship. I'm not saying there wasn't enough, because there was plenty, just that I am a glutton for that stuff. There was more of in the beginning and the middle of the story, and then as the story was wrapping up, less. Isn't it difficult to deal with these demanding readers who just want MORE MORE MORE? ;)

Awwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwesome.

PostPosted: Mon Jul 25, 2005 6:38 pm 
32. Kisses and Gay Love

meretricious – Now that’s what I call coming from behind and taking the flag. Seems like your feedback was days behind the update for most of this fic but now you got the last first feedback. Well done. So you have the “nimble fingers” award. Good for many things…

Yes, I think things worked out pretty well for Tara in terms of her public appearances. I’m not saying these are only ones she did but I think it’s safe to say that she didn’t do any without either Faith or Willow (depending on focus).

Quote:
i was a little confused that there is clip of faith and kent working together?
I went back and looked at it said Kent & Tara. I figured it was yet another of my typos but looks like it was ok.

Quote:
why did harry make tara sit thru buffy's speech twice? once i understand, but twice was just mean.
I think because that’s the kind of crap that people like to watch. Reality hasn’t become popular because it moves the universe to a better place. It’s popular because we can all sit home and thank god we’re not the morons on the TV. Wow, pretty soap boxy. Anyway, I agree that it’s mean of Harry but I don’t think it’s out of character for TES.

Quote:
mental image of the three of them dancing will prob. still have me giggling when i wake up in the morning
Total Spazz!

Quote:
awesome that tara and ariel won scholorships,
I totally have to admit I got the idea from Survivor 2 (Australian Outback). The guy who came in 2nd on that show was a pretty darn good guy and he had an alliance. He chose his alliance member to go into the F2 and probably would have won if he had broken it. So his choice cost him $900,000. He’d said all along that if he won he’d buy himself a Harley and when he went on Rosie, she gave him one.

I’m glad the 5000 free songs from iTunes seemed like a good gift. I had trouble coming up with something for Willow.

wiccanbotanist – Yes, this is the final part. Sorry about the tricking but yes, the college is taken care of now.

Quote:
And wouldn't Willow already have an iPod? Probably an older one, so I'm sure it is an upgrade.
I absolutely believe that she would. I must admit that I know little enough about iPods that I didn’t even know what she would have or what the “Cadillac” of iPods would be but I’m sure that is what Ellen got her. Thanks.

Irene73 – Hello to one of my most loyal readers! Thank you for the kind words re: integrating BtVS and reality TV. I must admit that I sat on this idea for a long time (probably a year or more) because I just didn’t think it would fly. I’m glad that the readers think it did (and KR certainly proves it once again!).

Ahhh. You really cried? That’s so sweet. Yes, they are definitely the most spazzy dancers ever but pretty much everyone on Ellen dances so they would have to. Sorry about the now Fanta flavored keyboard and screen.

Wow, your song is just great. I love the mention of Tara’s witch-foo keeping the others safe and of grilled cheese sandwiches. Thank you. :clap

WillowRulez – Thank you for giving the story a chance. I know that many readers didn’t like the idea of a reality show but I really take as a compliment all of you who converted to this fic. Thank you. Thank you for the feedback.

Regarding another story. I have one in progress that is part of a collaborative series and am thinking of other ideas.

Naeryn – Ahhh. Sorry about not getting dibs. Maybe another time (not on this fic of course). I agree that the iPod wouldn’t have done well under a pile of Grilled Cheese and I don’t think they travel that great either. (the grilled cheese, not the iPod).

Quote:
I think you should do an epilogue. The weddings. One, so this story lasts just a little longer, and two, so I get my dibs! *grins*
I’d be more interested in #2 than #1. This story is the one that I’ve written that I was interested in the longest. I’d say my interest in writing came within a few days of finishing so I take that and run with it.

Kajun – I agree with you about Irene’s song parody. Yeah, TES can be real idiots. I guess I can kind of understand because they know that they have a transient viewership. People watch 10 minutes while they eat breakfast, go take a shower, come back, watch to see the weather and traffic, and leave the house. So they figure they can repeat and no big loss for most people.

Oh yeah, it’s to CBS’s best bet to quote the popularity and the website as often as possible. I’m glad I hit Ellen on the head. I haven’t watched an episode of her show in probably 1 year or more so I was going from memory. I think that Tara felt pretty comfortable during the Ellen interview. For one thing, Willow was with her and for another, she felt a kindred with Ellen. I’m glad you liked all the events of the show. Thanks so much for everything.

watersong84 -
Quote:
It's over. I don't really know what to do now. I am still processing.
I feel a little that way myself. So we agree about the last line of the prior update. Maybe we can imagine that it actually is the last last line…

Thank you so much.

Darth Pacula – Thanks so much (about the family). Lol about W/T in 24. I’ve never watched it but I understand it’s very intense.

Quote:
I have to imagine that certain people would have reasons other than her survival skills.
Lol. That’s basically what Chris said a long long time ago. I agree that Kendra just never made much of an impression on anyone at all. I think that TES suffers from 1. being a schlocky pseudo-news program and 2. knowing that their audience comes and goes and they want everyone to see the most controversial part of the Finale.

Quote:
I gotta ask, what's with TV gameshows and the massive novelty check? It's just a prop I hope. Can you imagine trying to fit one of them in your pocket, let alone trying to cash it.
That was my point exactly! I mean they make the check bigger an bigger depending on how much the person won. Don’t they just automatically deposit it anyway?

Glad you liked the BtVS. I got the cameraman story from something one of the prior Survivors said actually.

Quote:
Lastly, what did you mean by ETA. For me that mean estimated time of arrival, and that just makes no sense.
I just asked that recently. It’s Edited to Add…

Thanks.

caz – Hey there. I’m glad you liked the last chapter. On most of my stories (Paths excluded), I tend to think that the final chapter is usually not very good. I’m glad this one worked well.

Sorry to say you won’t be seeing the weddings. Just too much schlock for me to want to write. I hope that makes sense. Thanks again and thank you for the kind words about my writing.

Artemis – God, it has definitely been a ride. It’s amazing to me to think about my writing in terms of life events. I mean Asher is 18 months old! Amazing. And in terms of the story, lots has happened. I agree that Faith is a very good friend. I’m actually surprised that no one said that Faith speaks for Tara too often just because Tara is having trouble speaking for herself. I wanted to make it clear that while Faith does that, she and Tara are connected enough that she only does it when she knows Tara will find it helpful.

Glad you like Ellen. I think the dancing is like the best thing on her show so I just had to include it.

Quote:
Now, if it's not too presumptuous, might I say, follow-up story? Say, a CBS Special, the Ultimate Survivor's Wedding, Faith + Kent, and naturally Tara and Willow and Ariel would be there, and all kinds of behind-the-scenes fun and sweetness would ensue...
Don’t you think that level of sweetness would make everyone (me at the head of the line) sick? Ok, whether you do or not, the truth is that I just don’t feel like writing a detailed summary of everyone’s dress and shirt and hair… Blech…

Thanks always!

littlecrazy80 – Thanks so much. I have a few things in mind.

Willow~Rosenberg – As I’ve said before, don’t worry about the lack of feedback. I hope you had a great vacation. Glad you liked all the after stuff: Anya, Ellen, scholarship. Thank you.

Emms
Quote:
I'm feeling all sad and teary.
Thank you. I feel the same way. I love the way you put the contrast between the finality and the beginning. I guess you are right: their Survivor adventure is over but the rest of their lives are just beginning. Thank you so much.

Insanity – Hi. Don’t worry about it. You’re always great on the feedback. Thank you. I’m glad that you liked the concept and story so well. I’m smiling right now just thinking about Ariel. Thanks.

the hero factor – Woo hoo for surprising you! Thank you so much. Yes to spazzy dancing. Thank you.

SallyMcFine – Sorry about the wanting more. I can understand that but I feel that this is complete. You know?
Quote:
I want more Willow and Tara one-on-one as they learn to navigate their new relationship.
I totally get that. But for me, it’s just so much more interesting to get them together than to keep them together. You know?

Thank you.

PostPosted: Tue Jul 26, 2005 4:03 am 
14. Lesbo Street Cred

So you're doing your 16 replies and you see Mary with dibs and Megan wanting dibs and you're probably thinking ... where's that watson? The reason I waited to leave fb was because I wanted to go back and read the whole SAI, to savor the feeling of reading it straight through and reliving a great adventure.

You had me hooked from the teaser, I’d started watching Survivor again after missing some of the “middle” seasons (though my interest waned after Steph was voted off S10). Like I said before, a BtVS / reality tv crossover is such a novel concept and kudos for being the first one to think of it. It’s always easy to be a follower, but being a pioneer takes talent and courage. :clap Would there be KR without SAI? That is a resounding NO, so yeah, you can either take the credit or blame for helping create the monster that is KR. :P

Love the way you told the story, of how we jump from island episodes to life afterwards, it’s like a puzzle, where pieces fall into place one by one. You could have developed the story chronologically, finishing with the island parts before moving to the RL parts. It would have been riveting, but not as effective, cos I felt like I was reading two stories at the same time, and the alternate updates totally held my attention.

I think back to the early updates, when we were still trying to become familiarized with the terms Akathla and MFashnek -- who was in which team, the team dynamics, the early alliances. I’m impressed how the F/K/T alliance held strong, perhaps stronger than we’ve ever seen in any Survivor, but it wasn’t too unbelievable. Even at testing moments (voting Willow off) it held, and to me, that shows Tara has the highest standard of personal ethics. There is a parallel with the B/X/W alliance, but that one fell apart after Xander was stupid, just to show how much trust (or lack of) there was on the island.

The importance of ‘playing the game’ was a theme throughout the island parts. One by one, you showed us how the survivors played, failed or succeeded. Reading it now, knowing the results, gives the game a different flavor. Wesley, Amy, Oz, Darla were all pretty marginal. I shake my head at Xander's inability to play mind games, am amused at the Richard vs Faith powerplay. Yes, even Buffy’s bitterness, cos she did have a good alliance with Willow. F4, then F2, in my opinion, were the right choice, even if they did come from your random number generator. Faith winning Ultimate Survivor over Tara? I’m fine with that, she was the better player.

One of the best things about SAI, and I’ll never tire of reading ... is Ariel. You have created a little girl who is believable, wonderful, smart but not over the top perfect or unrealistically cute. She never hogs the spotlight, instead we seek her out when we're reading. Her interactions with Tara, with Willow, with all the other adults, were simply delightful to read. I’m not a big fan of OCs in fics, cos they take the focus away from our MCs, but with Ariel and Kent and Sarah, you’ve done a great job of portraying them as important side characters, but their appearances are limited so they don't take the attention away from W/T.

My favorite line of the entire SAI, as said by Ariel:
Quote:
"No. I think I'll be mad at her until tomorrow but you hug her really good so she's not sad, ok?"

I really think adults should be more like her, put a limit on tantrums and anger. The world will be a better place.

The W/T romance *swoon*. Really, it’s one of the sweetest I’ve read in any ff, I’m so in awe. Outstanding moments:
  • Willow noticing Tara from Day One, talk about instant attraction!
  • The first phone call, just before the first episode aired,
    Quote:
    The final line was whispered almost too quietly for the blonde to hear: "I've missed you."

Knowing what I know now, how close they became on the island, and how they made themselves wait 3 months, this whispered line was all the more meaningful.
  • Ariel determining that her Mom will marry Willow, even before meeting Willow herself. And they’ll have a little girl so she can dress her up, so cute. She has good instincts that little girl, comes from good genes. :P
  • The sneaked first kiss at tree mail. An "awwww" moment if ever there was one.
  • I’m happy that Tara and Kent are so open with each other and with Ariel, so close as friends and how they talk to each other about who they are dating. It’s very mature.
  • Trying to live together for a few weeks at a time before moving in together, again the maturity and good planning.
  • The sex scenes, or quite often, the ‘use your own imagination but assume they’re having sex’ scenes (I know, I’m constantly going on about them), which work fantastically well in this story. I’m always amused at how sleepy they get afterwards too.
  • Not withstanding the point above, the hottest scene was at the cabin, cos I think that’s where they finally fell in love.
    Quote:
    The transition from sharing the dance to sharing kisses was seamless as their lips met with a heat and intensity

For me, that’s when it went from having feelings to something more. Well done to Willow for winning the RC, well done for taking Tara, and great that they had some alone time.

To the last update. It’s the best of all the post-show interviews, naturally, cos so much is happening. I’m very happy for Faith, but also happy for Tara with her $100,000 and college credit for herself and Ariel. Willow getting 5,000 songs from the iTunes store, oh my freaking god. If I got that as a prize I'll excited like a teenager and I'll drag Mary along and we'll have a field day. (Car too, but Car is more musicals and chick music, she's not alternative like me and Mary.) I’m sure she has at least one iPod already but she can always give it to Tara or her sister (Ariel is prob too young). Even the loose end with Buffy and Willow working out their differences. I remember the whispered words between Willow and Ariel at the BBQ, but that’s something between them, I don’t need to know. Also with what really happened that whole hour in the woods, I can leave that as memories for them alone.

I’m in two minds about an epilogue. Of course I want the story to continue on and on and on. Then again, it has to stop somewhere. And yes “Magic” would have been a perfect ender. But I’m easy. If you were to do an epilogue my vote will be for an event that has Willow, Tara, Ariel meeting Willow’s family, cos we didn’t quite see that. Did Willow’s family join her at the Reunion show? Cos I didn’t notice her introducing Tara to her folks. And is Willow’s sister’s wedding before or after, I didn’t get the timing on that, may be you glossed over it.

Whatever you decide, I’m already satisfied. I can read and re-read the 35 parts over and over again. Thanks for all your hard work and sharing this wonderful story with us. And yeah, this is probably my longest feedback ever. Heehee.

ps I re-read this and realized I was being my usual geeky self and used terms you may not know. OC = original character, MC = main character, in case you're wondering.

PostPosted: Tue Jul 26, 2005 5:58 am 
17. Mega-Witches

JustSkipIt wrote:

Quote:
I totally get that. But for me, it’s just so much more interesting to get them together than to keep them together. You know?

Oui, oui, je comprends. Just like life.

watson's feedback makes me want to comment on the entire show also, instead of just the most recent update. (Hee, I typed 'show' without even thinking instead of story. That's a tribute to how well it's written - I really did feel like I was watching a TV show instead of reading a story sometimes. And no commercials!) Anyway, just wanted to say overall this story was a total pleasure to read and is very very well done. Thanks for writing it!

PostPosted: Tue Jul 26, 2005 8:30 am 
2. Floating Rose

Hi there, :applause

Ok, I don't know what to say that hasn't been said already.
This story is great, I'm really glad I read it, when I saw the title I said oh no I don't like that show, but I went back and started reading and here I am, until the end.

It was good you didn't include a final scene about their weddings because it would've been like those soap operas when at the end everybody is happy, the bad guys are in jail or dead, and you have the final kiss between the protagonists and the sign "THE END".
Your story is above that. :clap

Thank you for sharing your talent and let us read and comment. :x

I hope we'll see something new soon.

Take care, kisses and hugs.

Clau.

PostPosted: Wed Jul 27, 2005 6:38 pm 
32. Kisses and Gay Love

Watson – Watson, dear Watson. I actually didn’t count them because, well, I’m not a dork? No. Seriously, I didn’t count them but I did notice the lack of feedback from you. This of course, well more than makes up for it. Of course, now my response will be twice as long as your feedback but hey, keeps me writing right?

Quote:
you can either take the credit or blame for helping create the monster that is KR.
I’d love to take a small amount of credit for at least putting the idea in the complicated place that is your head. But I certainly take only a small amount. Only you could create the hysterical set of recaps and the touching “extras” that set that story apart. If you want to group SAI & KR together in the ff/reality show genre, I feel proud to be included. (Yes, other readers, this is the mutual love association here).

Quote:
Love the way you told the story, of how we jump from island episodes to life afterwards, it’s like a puzzle, where pieces fall into place one by one. You could have developed the story chronologically, finishing with the island parts before moving to the RL parts.
I’m so incredibly thankful that it worked and for my timely inspiration. By the time it occurred to me to have the RL parts at all, I had seven island updates written. I went back and wrote the RL updates then and got to fill in the pieces of the puzzle. At times I almost wished that I could change the order of events either on the island or in real life to raise suspense. But then I told myself that I still had the two main suspense foci: who won and why didn’t W/T speak for 3 months after leaving the island?

Quote:
It would have been riveting, but not as effective, cos I felt like I was reading two stories at the same time, and the alternate updates totally held my attention.
Believe me when I say that it worked the same way in writing. If I had written the entire island part and then the real life, it would have been really boring by the time I finished the RL and I don’t even know that readers would still have been intrigued. This was I was able to interest both the readers and myself.

Like you, I remember feeling lost about who these people were in the beginning. I had to write up the participants for each challenge just to write that challenge so I could remember who was on what team. Of course the F/K/T alliance is amazing and particularly for voting off Willow but remember that I had the gift of hindsight in writing that alliance. I already knew that the alliance would reign when I made it up. B/X/W was doomed because of 1. Xander’s stupidity and 2. Willow’s lack of focus.

Thanks for the recap of the way everyone played the game. I actually thought Richard was an ass all through and that he seriously overestimated his ability to do anything on the Island. I expected a lot more venom from the Kittens for his stupidity but amazingly not many people were irritated by him. He was probably my person anti-favorite.

Ahhh Ariel. Yes, so cute. She is a conglomeration of all the 5-6 year olds I know. They are amazingly intelligent and well-spoken and understand more than most adults would ever believe.

Quote:
I’m not a big fan of OCs in fics, cos they take the focus away from our MCs, but with Ariel and Kent and Sarah, you’ve done a great job of portraying them as important side characters, but their appearances are limited so they don't take the attention away from W/T.
Like you. I’m not that big on them but I do think they are somewhat necessary in an AU—particularly one like this where I used up so many characters on the Suvivors themselves. I needed some new characters to lend backstory and home life. I’m glad they didn’t take away from the W/T though.

Quote:
I really think adults should be more like her, put a limit on tantrums and anger. The world will be a better place.
As I’ve said before, it’s something we’ve tried to do. Sometimes it’s hard to do in the moment but when you can, it’s easy to laugh at the source of your anger. We’re also trying to teach Asher to breath deeply when he’s losing it. Sometime he does and sometimes he doesn’t but doing it to model, keeps us calm at least.

I love your list of favorite moments. I’d say my two favorites are the phone call (because it’s so different knowing what we know now) and Tara swaying in the doorway to the cabin.

Glad you like the not-sex scenes. Lol about sleepy. What else is there to write? “And then they got up and made some eggs and toast because they were starving…”

Quote:
Well done to Willow for winning the RC
You can blame that one on me. It was one of my givens for the fic before the random stuff started.

Agreed that there is a lot happening on the post-show interviews. Tara’s got her $100,000 and more importantly college paid for for her and Ariel. I can tell you that the projections about putting children through even public school are horrifying. Enough to make you wonder if your child shouldn’t just attend trade school or something. I think if I got the 5000 iTunes it would at least allow me to rationalize buying an iPod but then she got one so that’s cool.

Quote:
Even the loose end with Buffy and Willow working out their differences. I remember the whispered words between Willow and Ariel at the BBQ, but that’s something between them, I don’t need to know. Also with what really happened that whole hour in the woods, I can leave that as memories for them alone.
I actually always intended to leave these loose ends. On one hand, I could see that as frustrating. At the same time, I guess I’m trying to underscore the nature of reality TV and even ff about reality TV. Nothing is 100% of the time. There are always going to be detailed questions in anything we read and anything we watch. So those ends, I left them loose on purpose.

Quote:
Did Willow’s family join her at the Reunion show?
My intention was that basically the # of folks CBS allowed to come depended on how far you got in the game. Anya came because she’s Xander’s wife and the Final 2 got their families there for photo ops but basically, Willow wasn’t given tickets for her folks or Kelli. I suppose I could have justified bringing Joan but I didn’t want she and Anya competing or having rudeness contests…

Quote:
Whatever you decide, I’m already satisfied.
Good. It’s done. Put a fork in it. Please read and reread.

I figured out OC & MC from the context.

Thank you for your wonderful feedback. Thank you even more for your wonderful writing and presence on this board. It’s hard to believe that what 6-9 months ago, you weren’t even posting and now you’ve posted a 3 page feedback. I think that you and your entourage have brought this board a greater sense of community and creativity and I’m grateful to be a part of that movement.

SallyMcFine -

Quote:
Oui, oui, je comprends. Just like life.
Lol.

Thanks so much for your comments on the “show.” Yes, I take that as a huge compliment. Thanks.

dragonfly – Like I’ve said before, I totally get it about seeing the title and running the other way. I think that many readers felt like that and many more saw the title, thought that and gave it a chance anyway. I’m especially appreciative of those class of readers (of which you are one).

Agreed about the wedding scene. Just too pat! Thanks.

PostPosted: Thu Jul 28, 2005 6:02 am 
14. Lesbo Street Cred

THE Elvis wrote:
It’s hard to believe that what 6-9 months ago, you weren’t even posting

Well, with that little incident I told you about, I almost didn't start posting CA, and would have stayed a lurker forever. Now look! I have more than 50% of your posts and that's from only around 9 months! OTOH look at Car, she's the fast track rising superstar of post counts ... yeah I'm a dork, I count # of feedbackers, have an unhealthy obsession with word counts and notices things like other people's post counts.

Quote:
you and your entourage

Remember when Martina Navratilova insisted that she didn't have an entourage, but a coterie??? That cracked me up! Honestly, it's not so much my entourage as we all (is the 'we all' equivalent to y'all --> w'all?) move forward as a group, together. Thanks for your kind words about community and creativity, this is a community, and w'all (hee) have a responsibility to maintain and keep this community a worthwhile place to be.

My favorite bit of your reply:
Quote:
the complicated place that is your head

I am a dork, and I do have a complicated head, which is why I'm grinning like a dorky idiot when I read that remark, I feel like you've paid me a great compliment, which is what you did, heehee.

Last edited by watty on Mon Jul 16, 2012 7:25 am, edited 1 time in total.

PostPosted: Sat Jul 30, 2005 6:43 pm 
32. Kisses and Gay Love

Eek to the thought of your being a lurker forever. I feel that we would all be worse off if that had happened. Lol: coterie! You're welcome and thank you. Debra

PostPosted: Sat Jul 30, 2005 6:56 pm 
19. Yummy Face

Okay...since you and watson have moved this back into my line of view, I will add my comments now. I've been trying and trying to think of what I could say without repeating everyone else and myself...but it's so hard. And since you took points away from me last time for pretty much saying "yeah, what they said" I don't want to do that again. :lol

I really liked the last round of interviews. It's so clear that Willow and Tara are incredibly in love from how they act with each other...and in the presence of other people. They both played the game well and came out of it with new experiences, a bit of fame, and a lifetime of love....and they both got a whole bunch of new family!

I'm sad to see this end. But, I shall rebound from this sadness since I know you will have more to share with us. I simply can't imagine the Kitten board without your stories here. ALL of them.

So, I say goodbye to one fic...and patiently wait for your next offering. In the meantime, I may have to read Paths again. ;)

Carleen

Frivolous Views

PostPosted: Sun Aug 07, 2005 6:56 pm 
32. Kisses and Gay Love

Car,
I’m laughing as I read that I took points away. Lol. I agree that the interviews really sum up their gains from the game. They both got a little money/cars but more importantly love and family. I’m glad that it comes through so strongly. Thanks.
Quote:
So, I say goodbye to one fic...and patiently wait for your next offering. In the meantime, I may have to read Paths again.
There will be more but you’re welcome to comment on Paths any time. Thanks always.

Moderator – Please move this to the completed fic archive. Thank you.

PostPosted: Sun Aug 07, 2005 7:06 pm 
9. Gay Now

I know I'm uber late in my feedback, but hey, I kept forgetting that I was in lurker mode, and thought I had replied. That's what happens when your blood is starting to become caffeine-based.
Deb, what can I say? I have no idea, but I'm gonna applaud ya for making me like Survivor. Yeah, I started watching the French version, and at first, I kept wondering where the lesbian couple was. :lol
Kudos Deb, on yet another great fic, say hi to the family, and I hope I'll be more feedback-y when you write your next fic.

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 714 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 20, 21, 22, 23, 24  Next