The Kitten, the Witches and the Bad Wardrobe - Willow & Tara Forever

General Chat  || Kitten  || WaV  || Pens  || Mi2  || GMP  || TiE  || FAQ  || Feed - The Kitten, the Witches and the Bad Wardrobe

All times are UTC - 8 hours [ DST ]

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 91 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next
 Post subject: Re: New Fic: Leave It to Giles
PostPosted: Tue Apr 26, 2005 12:47 am 
14. Lesbo Street Cred

Topics: 1
Yay Giles! Taking things into his hands, literally. He took his sacking rather well, perhaps he knew Miss Willow too well. *shudders* He's so right about Daniel, and Nietzsche! Perish forbid!

The placement of Tara, within so easy reach when Willow returns to London. Hmmm, like wiccanbotanist, I'd like to put in a plea for a small epilogue, if only seen from Giles' eyes, of Willow and Tara's new life.

But then again, this is a fic about Willow and her manservant Giles and the ending is just perfect.

PostPosted: Tue Apr 26, 2005 3:21 am 
6. Sassy Eggs

Giles took the obvious step in sending on the manuscript. In doing so, he made everyone happy, even Daniel. ( He would have had a miserable life in his efforts to educate Willow. ) At any rate, Willow's well rid of him. When thinking of Daniel, many English words that begin with "b" come to mind: bounder, blighter, etc.

Thank goodness Willow has Giles to do the thinking for her. She's obviously quite incapable of doing it herself, at least in anything like a normal period of time. I mean, this is what passes for thought in the old melon:

Quote:
It’s rummy how sleeping on a thing often makes you feel quite different about it. It’s happened to me over and over again. Somehow or other, when I woke up the next morning the old heart didn’t feel half so broken as it had done. It was a perfectly topping day, and there was something about the way the sun came in at the window and the row the birds were kicking up in the ivy that made me half wonder whether Giles wasn’t right. After all, though he had a wonderful profile, was it such a catch being engaged to Daniel Osbourne as the casual observer might imagine? Wasn’t there something in what Giles had said about his character? I began to realize that my ideal husband was something quite different, something a lot more clinging and drooping and prattling, and what-not.

It will take all of Tara's and Giles' efforts to manage Willow's life for her. Hmmm, never mind an epilogue; I see a potential series here!

The prize for best line of the chapter goes to:

Quote:
I was most awfully moved, don’t you know, by the way Giles had rallied round.

A fine piece of understatement.

I would like to have seen Tara given a larger role in this story; a flaw that could be readily corrected in a sequel (subtle hint).

Overall, though, it's one of the funniest things I've ever read, and deserving of the highest accolades.

:applause

Thanks,

Russ

PostPosted: Tue Apr 26, 2005 4:46 am 
32. Kisses and Gay Love

Topics: 7
Well bravo for Giles! I had been hoping that he would act exactly like that. I thought to myself, "he's already sent off the manuscript; Go Giles!" Well done. I love the decisions Giles makes and the fact that Willow was unable to fire him although she fired him enough that he spoke freely. Lol. And of course, Miss Maclay waiting at home. Go train, Go!

I must say that in this post, Willow seems quite a bit more intelligent and well-spoken than in earlier parts. Well done and wonderful story.

PostPosted: Tue Apr 26, 2005 5:16 am 
7. Teeny Tinkerbell Light

Yay....we need to get Giles a medal for commendable work. And then one for you, DW, because that was great. What a short, delightful spin of words you've bestowed upon the Kittens. Thanks so much.

~Cyd

PostPosted: Tue Apr 26, 2005 11:25 am 
2. Floating Rose

HAH HA HAH!

I think the whole story is a blast! Its wonderful!

Funny and brilliant

PostPosted: Tue Apr 26, 2005 11:33 am 
19. Yummy Face

Put my vote in for a sequel! I would like to see more W/T interaction, as well.

This fic was a lot of fun. I'd love to see the fun continue. I'm sure Willow can get into quite a few more scrapes. And I'm just as sure that Giles will be more than capable of getting her out of them.

Good job, DW. :applause

Carleen

Frivolous Views

PostPosted: Tue Apr 26, 2005 2:11 pm 
3. Flaming O

I just started reading this story today and I love it. I like this Willow. I love the time period as well. I also love their first meeting. It was great. I can't wait for more interaction between Willow & Tara.

Christina

PostPosted: Tue Apr 26, 2005 2:57 pm 

Yay for Giles! I love that even after she fired him, he showed up that morning with her tea. And this:

Quote:
“A trifle too bizarre, miss, in my opinion.”

Was hilarious. Sounds like a pretty fair description of some of Will's outfits on the show. And it was funny that he had already given it way. Hee.

And now Willow's going home to Tara. Yay again!

Great story, DW!

PostPosted: Tue Apr 26, 2005 4:53 pm 
3. Flaming O

Great Story! I really hope there is a squeal with all with Willow and Tara getting to be companions and all!

trish

PostPosted: Tue Apr 26, 2005 7:10 pm 
6. Sassy Eggs

Fantastic, absolumon....

-elizabeth, also known as "will be rather pithy these days due to lack of word-coherence"

Post subject: Many, Many replies!!!
PostPosted: Wed Apr 27, 2005 1:17 pm 
10. Troll Hammer

Topics: 12
Wowza!! So many replies to catch up with!! Not only replies to the end… but replies I neglected for the part before the end… well let’s get down to it!

Replies to Part 6A:
Carleen – Yes, I must say, I have a very clear image in my mind of Aunt Jessica singing that silly song… and it is particularly ridiculous! Glad you found it funny! And yes, I do plan on responding to your challenge! Just give me a couple of days to come up with something!

Reds – Well, I have to thank Xita and all the mods for not forcing my hand too early with posting the end! I was tempted to do it much sooner… but the board moving allowed me to delay the perfect amount of time!

Russ – Plenty of excellent questions, and all answered in the end!

Fireflyofdust aka Cup – Thanks!

Cindipitude – Yet another fantastically observant reply! Willow is more intelligent than she let’s on… to herself. She’s convinced herself, with the aide of condescending relatives, that she’s not smart… so why would she be anything else? Um… yeah… I just re-read that and it made little to no sense… but somehow I think you will get my meaning ;)

Wiccanbotanist – Again, very keen observations! All will be resolved!

Ringwaldoeuvre—I love your name. I don’t know what it means. But I love it. And “Merchant Ivory on acid”??! Too hysterical! And aptly described! Interesting tidbit about MI… the producers pay their actors in food, rather than money. If only I had that kind of bargaining skill! And yes, Connor is a pain in the ass… and I am all too happy to take advantage of that fact here.

Hidden Watson aka Watson – Yes, Willow did just pop-off… just after Tara expressed a concern of frightening her away…sigh… poor dense Willow… it’s a good thing this story is from her POV.. otherwise things might have gotten a tad too serious here.

Debra – Willow is awfully thick… but that makes her awfully adorable too, don’t you think? At least, Tara thinks so… and that’s what matters, what? ;)

Replies to Part 6B:

Meretricious – Yes, in discussing the ending with my beta, she expressed a brief concern about my not showing W/T reuniting… but, I, being stubborn, stressed that this was story of Willow and Giles… not Willow and Tara. So… that settled things with her for a bit. But I did realize, even while writing, that this would be a sticking point for readers, and this is something I am fine with. Creates a good conversation, don’t you think? :D

Wiccanbotanist – Hello again! Really? You think it’ll be a classic?!?! :”> Thank you!! That is so nice of you to say. I did have loads of fun writing this story… but I am not making ANY promises about sequels at this point. It might happen, it might not. I haven’t even discussed the idea with myself yet. But, we’ll see.

HalfCamel – HUZZAH!! I have succeeded in delurking another Kitten!! Seriously though.. I am so very honored that you chose to speak up for my story. It makes me feel all warm and fuzzy and proud of myself. I hope I will see you again in future threads! Take Care!

Watson – And… hello again to you too! I knew I would be getting epilogue or sequel requests… as I mentioned… but, as I also mentioned… I’m not set on anything yet. And… as you said, this was a story of Willow and Giles… so the ending suits… no matter how frustrating :D

Russ – Deja vu! Well, no exclamations this time but three bouncy-clappy things!!! YAY! Hm… I don’t feel that it’s necessarily fair to say that the minimal Tara-time in this story was a flaw. But, having been newly elected the chairwoman for the dept of redundancy dept, this was a Willow and Giles story… with Tara in it. Sequel? Maybe, maybe not. Thanks again for reading.. and for your fabulous feedback!

Debra – Howdy! I went back and re-read this part to see how much more intelligent and well-spoken Willow seemed… and… there is a subtle improvement, yes… perhaps as a result of her very trying weekend… the term “older and wiser” pops to mind. But, she is still pretty thick in the skull… we can’t have her learning too much all at once… it might cause her to lose her delightful silliness… which just won’t do.

Cyd – I think that Willow turning her affairs over to Giles was medal enough. And thank you! I’m so glad you enjoyed it!

Dender146 – Thanks!

Carleen – Thank you! And I still stand by my statement on sequels, but thanks!

Christina – Well, depending on whether or not you finished the story in one sitting, you may or may not see more of Tara… as for this little tale, it’s been thoroughly spun. Cheers!

The hero factor – Hee hee…yes! I so wanted Willow’s wardrobe to be a sticking point with Giles. I had a lot of fun with their merry little war.

Cup – EEEEEEEEEeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeee!! And there, my dear, is your “squeal”. :D :D Thanks for reading!!!

Elizabeth – Merci beaucoup, dah-link!

Okay! Phew!! Thank you so much everyone for reading!! And now, I turn my thoughts to Carleen’s wacky fic challenge. Keep an eye out for me there!!

Cheers
DW

Challenge Fics!: You Could Be Her ... Glasses ... Graffiti ... Pizza Day

Forbidden Fics?: Check out the Litterbox!

Oops, I made a mythtake... wt4ever

PostPosted: Wed Apr 27, 2005 6:42 pm 
4. Extra Flamey

Awww way to go, Giles!
Stepping into the muddled mess and straightening everything out :-D Poor Aunt Sheila...the next time she visits Willow she's going to get quite the surpise :devil

I really loved the contrast you gave with Daniel's profile. In the beginning Willow is admiring how well he looks from his profile and at the end we see this:
Quote:
I happened to look at Daniel’s profile at the moment, and at this juncture he swung round and gave me a look that went right through me like a knife.

That really showed me the inner cruelty inside Daniel, and really his true self that Willow is only first seeing at that moment. That look is quickly followed by Daniel trashing her yet again, saying that he had hoped she would someday become something worthwhile.. what an ass! :rage

As much as we love Willow and Tara, this was truly Giles' chapter.
He has the best lines and he really gets his chance to shine :applause

Quote:
“It seemed most prudent, miss. It occurred to me that it would not only benefit your allowance, but Miss Maclay does, in all respects, seem a more suitable companion for you, miss.”

“Companion, Giles?”
I can almost see this heartfelt, hopeful, ear to ear grin on Willow's face after this exchange... she gets her happy ending after all, and she realizes what a gem she has in Giles.

Willow thinking over how Giles has helped her and deciding to reward him.. only to find out that he has already taken the liberty of giving away the dress. :tongue She thought she was doing so well in keeping control of her life and keeping him in "his place" so to speak...only to realize he took over a LOOOONG time ago :-D

As a former psych major these lines made me laugh particularly hard, a little close to home I guess :peace

Quote:
She tried Walkinshaw’s Supreme Ointment and obtained considerable relief – so much so that she sent them an unsolicited testimonial.
That is sooo true to life, and Giles sounds like he's giving a pitch for the company himself :tongue

Quote:
You would not enjoy Nietzsche, miss. He is fundamentally unsound.”
*snorts* I had to read a little too much of Nietzsche in college, and I have no desire to read anymore.

And my absolute favorite line in this update and possibly the story...ohh this just made me laugh and laugh. It's so tongue in cheek.. and yet not. :lol
Quote:
“But lots of ladies have asked me who my seamstress is.”

“Doubtless in order to avoid her, miss.”

All in all a fantastic story. It was so good to read a different type of story. As always you break the mold and make it your own :applause Thanks so much for this DW and I have to say, you can count me in the number that would love to see a sequel at some point. This is just too good a setting for these characters to visit only once :-D

Thank you again and I look forward to see what you dream up next!

Cindi

PostPosted: Thu Apr 28, 2005 2:59 am 
3. Flaming O

DarkWiccan-

I regret not having time to read/respond to the latest chapter in a timely fashion. Real life. Who knew?

Your style really evokes the emphasis on manners and decorum, while still factoring in the fact that they are real people, in the sense that they all have quirks. It's well-balanced. You also use humor effectively, and not just because I could see Anthony Stewart Head saying any line from this fic. Well done, from beginning to end.

Glad you like my name. It's actually from the BtVS episode "What's My Line, Part II." Though that may be enough to jog your memory, I'll supplement the fantastic quote from Buffy: "When this is over I'm thinking pineapple pizza and teen video movie-fest. Perhaps something from the Ringwald oeuvre." Words cannot express how I love to that line. I tend to use euphemisms with reckless abandon, hence "Merchant Ivory on acid." I can just see them telling Helena Bonham Carter to act "kinda gay." Food, rather than money? So, which African country has Emma Thompson decided to feed? Last, and certainly least, Connor. The thorn in the side of every plot from mid-Season 3 to the end of "Angel." In that vein, he was used well in this fic. Thanks again for the story.

~ringwaldoeuvre (Mary)

PostPosted: Thu Apr 28, 2005 9:17 am 
18. Breast Gal

Topics: 4
I finally got all caught up - read the whole story in one evening, beginning to end, and found myself giggling more or less non-stop. Even some guffawing, too :lol This really is a classic, so fresh and inventive - the language, Willow's strange way of seeing the world, the combination of madcap comedy and proper formality... Willow and Tara kissing... :blush

A big cheer for Giles, definitely the best servant a girl could have. I loved his appearances, every time he said "Yes Miss" or something of the sort it just kept getting funnier. Wonderful use of comic dialogue, combined with the language of the time (I'm guessing, at least, not that I'd have much of a clue either way - it sounded authentic to me, anyway). And the descriptions, the choice of words, was so often right on the mark, and guffaw-incuding besides :bow I don't think I've ever heard such a good one-word desctiption of Anya's presence than 'alert', it just seems to encapsulate what you feel encountering her. Thanks for taking the time to craft this story to that level, it really is appreciated.

Thanks also for emailing me about this, I'm sorry I didn't get around to it sooner - real life, damn its eyes.

Post subject: Replies
PostPosted: Fri Apr 29, 2005 12:04 pm 
10. Troll Hammer

Cindipitude: I’m so glad you enjoyed the end! Wow, former psych-major, huh? We should talk. Sometimes I feel I need a good psychoanalysis… or something. Perhaps I just need a good psycho…. Heh. Anyhoo, thanks for reading and I stand by my “maybe/maybe not” sequel statement from earlier. But we’ll see.

Mary – Aaaaaah! NOW I remember that quote! Cool :) And what did MI feed Helena Bonham-Carter? Homemade East Indian food. No lie. :D Glad you enjoyed the story! Cheers!

Chris – Yo, dude!! How’s it going? No worries about getting here late. Better late than never, I always say! I’m so glad you enjoyed it! Please feel free to add this story to Through the Looking Glass if you like! Cheers!!

Cheers to all!!
DW

Post subject: Feedback
PostPosted: Fri Apr 29, 2005 6:57 pm 
4. Extra Flamey

Hehehehe. Hahahaha. Hohohoho. *ack* *ack* Giggle, giggle, hehehehehe, hahahahaha!

DW, fabulous!

I read all this tonight and I found it most impressive. It was kinda like Madame Bovary, except not. Witty, dialectfully correct, and web-page turning.

I enjoyed so many quotes:

Quote:
If I ever breakfasted at half-past eight, I shall walk on the Embankment, trying to end it all in a watery grave.

Quote:
Please do not be quite idiotic, Willow.

Quote:
Snip on! Snip on!”

Quote:
If this girl proved any more adorable, I feared I would have to chain myself to my room out of concern of making a greater fool of myself than I already was.

Quote:
“Are you speaking in code?”

Quote:
I wanted so badly to inform him that cigars were meant to be enjoyed only in the smoking room, but I feared he might sit on me in protest.

Quote:
...and followed her statement with a high-pitched squeal of a laugh that would have deafened a poodle within a quarter mile.

Quote:
it was the work of a moment with me to excuse myself from Tara, swear a bit, leap about ten yards, dive into a bush that stood near the library window, and stand there with my ears flapping.

And my most favorite...
Quote:
What?

There are several more that I know I am missing.

Wonderful writing DW, I commend you and your imagination.

PostPosted: Fri Apr 29, 2005 7:26 pm 
3. Flaming O

Oh, gosh - I made a very, very poor choice this morning. I was all set and ready to leave for work, and I had some time before I actually had to walk out the door, so I decided to read the first part of this fic.

Then I couldn't stop, so I was late.

I think "delightful" is an excellent word to describe this story. It was also captivating, charming, and very funny.

-Sass

PostPosted: Sun May 01, 2005 1:57 pm 
9. Gay Now

DW, this was an absolute joy to read, and while it is not in my usual nature to wait for a fic to be complete before reading, I'm glad I did in this case, because the strain of waiting for more would have been too much. I adore this time period, and the whole 'comedy of manners' genre, and you wrote it beautifully. I think someone else may have mentioned that this could easily be a stageplay/film, and I agree...such vivid characters and topnotch dialogue. One of the things I like so much about your fics (Special comes immediately to mind) is that they hold up under repeated readings, and I'm sure I will enjoy this one again and again. I'd like to enthusiastically add my voice to the chorus of "Sequel Please!"

One thing I was curious about I got the impression that Willow's aunt may have intended to set Willow and Tara up all along...possibly to settle down her wayward niece. Did I pull that out of thin air, or was that your intention?

-Cameron

Post subject: Replies
PostPosted: Sun May 01, 2005 2:15 pm 
10. Troll Hammer

Yay!! More readers!!

Terra21—Wow! That’s a lot of quotes to pull! :D Thank you so much!! I’m glad you enjoyed it!

Sassette-- Uh oh. I’m sorry I made you late for work… but I’m happy that you found my little story “delightful” :D. And SO COOL to see you in my thread!! I haven’t seen you for ages! How have you been? Working on anything new? What’s the hip-haps in the world of Sass??

Cam – I’m glad you did stop in and have a nice read! Really, this is a story that should be read all at once. But I am such a whore for feedback, I knew the only way to satiate that was to stretch it out into multiple postings. I know… I’m bad. And YAY! My fics have staying power! Woot! I knew I was doing something right!

And speaking of Special, I just won a fiction award for it from Shadows and Dust!! Best POV Fiction! :bounce

And as to your question of Aunt Sheila’s true intentions… thin air, I am afraid. No, Aunt Sheila really did want Lumpy and Tara together. She cares far too much for the family name and her own appearance for it to be otherwise. Nice wishful thinking, though :)

Cheers!!
DW

PostPosted: Sun May 01, 2005 8:16 pm 
3. Flaming O

Heh ... don't worry about making me late for work - it's not like you did it on purpose, and this fic was every bit as good as I expected it to be (which means I knew better than to start reading it when I, y'know, had to be leaving for work soon). Hip-haps here are work and more work, but I've hit a place where I actually have some free time, so I'm going to try some writing and see how it goes (I'm a little rusty :) ). And congratulations on the reward for 'Special' - it is well-deserved. Can I just say that writing a story like 'Special', and writing a story like 'Leave It to Giles', and writing both equally well, is impressive? Because it is.

-Sass

PostPosted: Fri May 06, 2005 10:12 am 
6. Sassy Eggs

Just read that story in one go and I'm all with the :applause like everybody else who left feedback. I really loved how you found words to describe things like for example a very quiet summer evening when you hear everything like a snake clearing her throat. No cliché, but funny and new. I loved to read the story even though it was way to short. Right after I became used to the characters it ended - in a really well and perfect way, to say so. But nevertheless it was to short. So I also wish to meet Willow, Giles and Tara again. Even though it was a story about Willow and Giles, I wished we would have read more about Tara. Really liked her as a "divorced" Boston wife.

PostPosted: Sun May 08, 2005 4:58 pm 

I haven't seen a fic like this in ages. A slice of post-Victorian England by way of the Buffyverse. Reminded me immediately of "My Man Godfrey" - the 1936 version, of course. Those in the background know more what's happening than their employers, and Giles is no exception. He has a very direct way of showing it, to Willow's initial distress. And he's accepting of a "Boston marriage" for Willow and Tara - a rare gem indeed. I loved at the end where Willow simply takes the presence of her ex-employee in stride, with just a hint of grudging respect. Oh, I am going to relish this story - please continue!!

More than any other time in history, mankind faces a crossroads. One path leads to despair and utter hopelessness. The other, to total extinction. Let us pray we have the wisdom to choose correctly. Woody Allen (1935 - )

PostPosted: Thu May 12, 2005 2:32 pm 
5. Willowhand

Hello Kittens-

This was such a delight! I've long been a Bertie and Jeeves fan and the Willow/Giles characters just slipped into place. The too many wonderful lines to quote and the pacing evokes P.G. with a fun, gentle reverence.

Now like one of those forest or garden chaps I firmly plant myself in the sequal camp.

Thank you,

Jixer

Post subject: Nominations!!
PostPosted: Fri Jun 10, 2005 12:31 pm 
10. Troll Hammer

Hi everyone!! Awesome news!! "Leave It to Giles" has been nominated for two two seperate Fic awards!!!

Willow-y Goodness Awards
"Best AU Fiction"

This site relies on readers votes to determine the winner, so go visit and vote!

and

Shadows and Dust Awards
"Best Cross-Over Fiction"
"Best Plot"
"Best P.O.V."

I've got some impressive competition at both sites, so we'll see how things turn out in a couple of months. Thank you, thank you to whoever it was who nominated me. The fact that you thought to do so is more than reward enough.

Cheers
DW

PostPosted: Sun Jun 26, 2005 3:59 pm 
10. Troll Hammer

Hey again!!

Leave It to Giles has been nominated at the Sunnydale Memorial Awards in the following categories:

Best Plot
Best Crossover (TV) -- BBC's Jeeves and Wooster
Best Comedy
Best Alternate Universe

and this last category just gives me the tingles....

Best Author :):):):)

This is a voting site, (and the polls have just opened), so please pay it a visit and vote for your favorites (coughcough LIG coughcough) :blush

VOTE!!

Cheers!!
DW

PostPosted: Mon Oct 31, 2005 12:19 am 
10. Troll Hammer

G'day, DarkWiccan.

Well, gosh! This is a jolly good little rip snorter you've got here, DarkWiccan, and it made my day to read it. I can't claim to have seen the show that have lovingly and respectfully recreated (read ripped off if you prefer blunt to flowery) to create this, but by jove with Stephen Fry and Hugh Laurie? I jolly well should, shouldn't I?

Right-o then, the language. Well, I can't claim to be an expert on the vernacular of the time period (well I could, but I'd be lying :-D ) but it reads jolly well, and I even understand most of it. The whole 'Boston Marriage' was new to me, so thanks for that. Any day in which you learn something new is a day not wasted.

Well now, I do believe the good, if somewhat scatter-brained, Miss Rosenby is well shot of that blighter Daniel. Honestly, what a bounder! It's not a good testament to the cut of a fellow's jib when the best thing about his character even his own fiance can come up with is that he has a deucedly handsome profile.

I admit whole heartedly to being very impressed with this new man Giles. A right proper sort he seems, the very salt of the earth. A dash hand with potions to recover from a night of merriment too, it seems. Though it seems to me that Miss Rosenby already has a sort of 'carrot and the stick' process in place. When she wants to punish the good fellow for some imagined infraction (which will undoubtedly be for her own benefit) she can buy some new garment of dubious fashion, and let him burn it when she wants to reward him.

The entire affair of the memoir's and the attempted breakup of Lumpy's betrothal to a common showgirl was a delight to read, filled with understated humor and polite, but Machiavellian scheming.

Poor Miss Rosenby's dreadful Aunt Sheila does come off somewhat of a shrew, doesn't she. I was cut to the very quick by her deucedly unfair analysis of her niece's character. And Ferret-face? Irritating little blighter, to be sure.

I must say, my dear scribe that you have a rare talent for the art of writing. Your delightful tale is littered with such instances of droll humor that I very nearly lost my stiff upper lip and displayed honest emotion. Can you credit the very notion?

To sum up, and I do so apologize for my slip into such common, vulgar language, that was bloody brilliant mate! Now, on to the sequel, post haste, and don't spare the horses!

Bye,
Paul.

PostPosted: Wed Nov 02, 2005 12:14 pm 
10. Troll Hammer

Hullo, old chap! Ripping good story, that! See what you've got me on about?

First of all, I apologize in advance for not being able to write down every single thing that I adored about this story. Let me say instead that the entire tone, dialect was absolutely delightful. I was smiling throughout.

Oh, I must make mention of this: Angelus lives at Broodings?!? God, that's just perfect!

And this paragraph, I did have to copy:
Quote:
Tara Maclay was one of those very quiet, appealing girls who have a way of looking at you with their big eyes as if they thought you were the greatest thing on Earth and wondered that you hadn’t got onto it yet yourself. She made me feel that there was nothing I wouldn’t do for her. She was rather like one of those innocent-tasting American drinks which creep imperceptibly into your system so that, before you know what you’re doing, you’re starting out to reform the world by force if necessary and pausing on your way to tell the large man in the corner that, if he looks at you like that, you will knock his head off. What I mean is, she made me feel alert and dashing, like a jolly old knight-errant or something of that kind. I found her absolutely ripping!

That was simply perfect, and wonderful. (Wonderfully perfect, I guess you'd say.)

Thank you so much for this story, DW, and I'm looking forward to the sequel!

Mary

PostPosted: Sun Nov 06, 2005 8:43 pm 
10. Troll Hammer

Paul -- Thanks!!! I've seen you in the sequel thread! I am so glad you are enjoying it!

Mary -- YAY! I can't wait to hear your thoughts on the sequel!

Woot!

Cheers
DW

PostPosted: Wed Jan 26, 2011 6:44 pm 
4. Extra Flamey

I am just completely flabbergasted at this.

It's ....

soooo,...

amazing.....

I'm just going to go off and read all your other stories okay?
okay.

Also, I'm usually pretty good at feedback but honestly, this story was hilarious and perfectly written, full of character and wit and shinnanigans. sooo good.

PostPosted: Fri Nov 04, 2016 3:53 pm 
1. Blessed Wannabe

This was amazing!! How? How did you come up with this??

Why isn't this in the recommendation thread?

Fixing that now!

Wow!
Ani

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 91 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next