The Kitten, the Witches and the Bad Wardrobe - Willow & Tara Forever

General Chat  || Kitten  || WaV  || Pens  || Mi2  || GMP  || TiE  || FAQ  || Feed - The Kitten, the Witches and the Bad Wardrobe

All times are UTC - 8 hours [ DST ]

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 378 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 9, 10, 11, 12, 13  Next
 Post subject: Re: Spark To A Flame
PostPosted: Sat Apr 01, 2006 9:12 pm 
19. Yummy Face

I am so glad some of my favorite stories have finally been updated.

Very sweet update. I am glad things seem to be going well for W/T.

PostPosted: Sun Apr 02, 2006 1:43 am 
14. Lesbo Street Cred

Topics: 1
Big hugs for updating, and TWO updates! I know I'm a bad evil kitten for not actually posting a real Lamplight update, you gotta admit what I did post was pretty funny? No? Hello! Anyone here? Echo-o-o-o-o.

Seriously, I've missed this fic, you're getting to the pay-off, feel good part of a story, when all the angst before has been (more or less) resolved and they're enjoying their relationship and each other. Touching family interactions, I smiled at Tara, her Mum and Sheila talking about Willow, that little redhead sure is lucky to have so many people who love her.

The naked loving was so masterfully done. The sense of anticipation and need so palpable. I've become desensitised since I first start reading fanfic, it's the sheer amount of smut I've read. :P But your chapter 20 made me long for having somewho who would hold and tease and love me the way Tara did. sigh.

Sooo, if Car and I nag more ... you'd indulge us? Okay, not nag, beg. :pray
[br]

PostPosted: Sun Apr 02, 2006 7:21 am 
13. Big Knowledge Woman

Wow...very aroused mass of goo indeed.

That was wonderful, sweet and hot.

Awesome job once again.

Wimpy

"There was plenty of magic." ~~ Tara

PostPosted: Sun Apr 02, 2006 10:08 am 
18. Breast Gal

Topics: 4
Awww, such sweetness. And hotness! It's lovely that Tara takes so much care to craft such a wonderfully arousing experience, and that she herself obviously feels so much pleasure from it.

I loved Tara's reaction to Willow asking her to the movies - there's that moment of surprise, then she gets that lovely bloom of joy at being asked out by this beautiful girl she adores, even though Willow's already her girlfriend so technically being asked out might not seem that bit a deal. But it is a big deal, it's a great feeling, and it's wonderful that she and Willow are getting those experiences, even though they're pretty firmly solidified as a couple, and missed a lot of the usual courting-type things early on.

I'm still loving Sheila and Anna, by the way :party

PostPosted: Mon Apr 03, 2006 8:30 am 
19. Yummy Face

Justin:
Quote:
I saw this story being discussed on the random moments thread and decided that had to read it.

Ah yes, that would have been mine and Watson's little negotiation’s, although she got the better end of the deal. Hurmph!

Quote:
Well I suppose anything that brings them together is of the good, even if it is rather painful to begin with.

Well I did warm you :p but I'm glad you're enjoying it Justin, and thank you for reading :)

Arwen276:
Quote:
It's certainly refreshing that Willow and Tara's mums are best friends, it adds to the general good mood you have going on in this chapter.

Well, after the way this fic began, if I didn't keep it 'light' I'm sure I'd be hung :lol besides, the mums are funny. I never meant for them to be that way though, that just sorta happened.

Quote:
And there's the sexiness, don't forget the sexiness! I love it!

Nope lets not forget the sexiness. Sigh ;-)

TheRose 24
Quote:
I am so glad some of my favorite stories have finally been updated.

I know, we're all popping out of the woodwork, huh? I think it's because everybody is getting bribed. Bribes are good :smug

Artemis:

Well, Arty :p you said a lot of valid things in your post about Tara being asked out by Willow and I agree that although their relationship is pretty much solidified, it's nice that they're not taking that for granted. All too often people get lost in the seriousness and lose the fun. S'not good! :shy

Caz
Quote:
Glad to see this one back! It looks like our girls may be moving in together.

Don't jump the gun there, Caz. Isn't that a lesbian stereotype?... nah I'm kidding. Although moving in together is a little hasty :p

Quote:
Gotta say that I love Sheila and Anna - a brilliant double act!

I bet they'd make a packet on stage :lol I think I'd actually pay to see it.

Grayson:
Quote:
I forgot how much I love this story (although, being a recent de-lurker, I've never actually given feedback on it).

Congratulations on coming out of the lurkers closet and thank you for de-lurking in my thread :flower.

Wimpy0729:
Quote:
I love the little naughty innuendos and visuals...mmm...oily Willow.

Me too, Wimpy. Me too!

Quote:
Thanks for taking me on a trip to a little happy place.

You are very very welcome. I had fun there myself ;)

Dianneswillowtree:
Thank you :flower

WillowRulez:
Quote:
I could have swron that I left fb last time you updated

:lol I have done that before, I think we dream it then blame the universe when we realise it isn't true! Anyway, you actually did leave fb this time, so thank you xxxx

Guppy:
Quote:
OMG! An update? I can't believe it!

:lmao geeze! you don't have to be so shocked! Didn't you have any faith in me at all? Pfffft! :p

K-prime:
This
Quote:
is the first fic I've read where the Maclay/Rosenberg clans get along so well

Really? There must be more out there. Hmm, now I'll be on a mission to find them. Thank you K-prime :) xxxx

And now for the evil minx.

Watson:
Quote:
you gotta admit what I did post was pretty funny? No? Hello! Anyone here? Echo-o-o-o-o.

That's right, keep talking to yourself, Mrs!.... Ok so it was a little funny, and witty and and and.... :happy

Quote:
I've become desensitised since I first start reading fanfic, it's the sheer amount of smut I've read.

I just had to comment on that particular declaration, Watson. Just how much smut have you read? :lol

Quote:
But your chapter 20 made me long for having someone who would hold and tease and love me the way Tara did

I don't think you should share this with your other half. Oh no, definitely not. However, maybe give me a call and we could arrange something. Ok, now I kid, too :lol

I kid, because I have no idea how to respond to that. At all!

Quote:
Sooo, if Car and I nag more ... you'd indulge us? Okay, not nag, beg.

Speaking of Car, where is she? I post two updates (about to be three) and she doesn't show up? I'll be having words. Very British words! There may even be a glare, and a clearing of the throat.

I hope she's alright though and enjoying her new job. :) (Can you tell her that, from me, please? )

As for you nagging? I really would rather you beg, but.... well, you wouldn't have to beg for much longer. :whistle

Thank you, evil minx :x

"Who gets the toaster for that one?"

Post subject: Spark To A Flame
PostPosted: Mon Apr 03, 2006 8:40 am 
19. Yummy Face

Author: Auburn
Rating: PG?
Disclaimer: I don't own these characters but the story is mine.

Notes: I'm on a roll.

Chapter 21 New House, New Life:

The sound of Willow’s laughter filled the room, it bounced off the walls and made it’s heavenly decent into Tara’s ears causing her to laugh lightly in return, of course she didn’t find it all that funny as she was the source of her girlfriend’s laughter. The reason still escaping her somewhat befuddled mind.

“I don’t know how that happened.” She said after a few moments of disbelief. “You moved it didn’t you?”

Willow burst into another fit of laughter, Tara’s exasperated and dumbfounded expression exercising her humorous inclination to the maximum. Her stomach was beginning to hurt with the strain.

“My foot is stuck, Will. Maybe if you can compose yourself for a minute you can hold the tin while I pull it out?” Tara said through soft giggles and braced leg for a hefty tug.

Willow let out a few more chuckles before shuffling on her bottom to hold the tin to the floor. Tara’s foot made a few squelching sounds as it pulled free from it’s paint ridden prison. The blonde then rotated her ankle a few times, checking to see if it hurt.

“Is it ok?” Willow asked genuinely, although still stifling giggles. She wrapped a towel around Tara’s paint covered foot so chocolate-brown didn’t end up on the newly laid cream carpet of her bedroom floor. “It’s fine.” Tara giggled, her girlfriend’s mirth at the situation was infectious.

Willow grabbed her crutches and followed Tara towards the bathroom, her chuckles still erupting every now and then.

“You moved the tin?” Tara asked again, still trying to figure out how her foot had ended up in the paint tin, she had been helping Willow paint her bedroom before moving in tomorrow. They worked in unison, Tara standing to paint the top and Willow sitting to paint the bottom, it had been a quiet afternoon until her painty-foot mishap.

“No.” Willow shook her head and took the paint covered towel from Tara’s outstretched hand. “You did.”

“I did?” Tara repeated disbelievingly. Her trademark eyebrow raised sceptically causing Willow to laugh once more. “You did Tara, I swear. You moved it so I wouldn’t have to stretch to reach the tin.”

Tara threw her head back slightly in remembrance, of course, she had moved it so Willow didn’t have to stretch, because every time she did the shorts she was wearing rode up the inside of her thigh causing major distraction and naughty Willow-thigh thoughts.

But it was still Willow’s fault, if she hadn’t been wearing those shorts....

Removing her pants, Tara carefully placed them onto the floor, then positioned her foot into the bath tub and turned on the tap to allow the water to wash away the paint.

Paint gone, leaving a wet foot in it’s wake Tara then wiped it dry and turned to embrace her girlfriend.

“It is your fault and you must make it up to me.” Tara ordered grabbing her girlfriend around the waist and pushing her backwards gently until she was pressed against the wall of the bathroom.

Willow’s eyes widened in surprise, her crutches dropping to the floor so her arms could wrap around Tara’s neck, the feel of Tara’s lips on the skin of her throat a sudden but welcome surprise.

“Uh, Tara?” Willow’s voice hitched as Tara nipped her skin, “we have a lot to get done today, I.... I wrote out a schedule.” She swallowed hard against her girlfriend’s lips. “My schedule Tara, remember?”

Tara leaned back slightly and looked into her girlfriend’s gorgeous, green eyes causing a half smile to grace her full, mischievous lips.

“But Will, there was a problem with your schedule.” She said seriously and watched as Willow’s mind tried to figure out exactly what that problem was.

“There isn’t, Tara. I made time for everything, paint, lunch, cleaning, moving the rest of the boxes. Really, it was a very well thought out schedule. I even gave us an extra hour in case we took longer on some things than we should have so, uh, what could possibly be wrong with it?” Tara’s soft giggle made Willow's brow furrow, her plan was flawless, it was always flawless!

“No time for kisses?” Tara’s half smile turned into a smirk. “What if one of us should need attending to?”

“Well, I guess I thought you could go a full day without needing to be attended.” Willow shot back, Tara’s smug smirk at finding a flaw with her carefully laid out plans was going to cost her.

“Oh I can.” Tara answered. “I just don’t like to.”

Willow tried to catch her breath as she laid spread against her girlfriend’s long, lithe body, a light sheen of sweat covering her heated skin. She was spent, euphorically satiated, like Charlie had just given her his chocolate factory and she'd stuffed her face with yummy treats.

She had attempted (half-heartedly) to foil her girlfriend’s evil plan to disrupt the perfectly thought out schedule she had made, but Tara wasn't easily deterred and Willow eventually buckled under the light kisses and soft, yet perfectly placed touches. She wanted to make love with Tara, who wouldn’t? But the schedule didn’t have time for it. Not that it mattered now.

Willow felt a little naughty knowing there were things that needed to be done, but as she snuggled deeper into Tara’s arms, she tried to stifle a grin. Rebellion, even if it was against your own meticulous schedule, felt good.

“Wanna get up?” Tara asked, her voice sounding loud in the tranquillity of the moment.

Willow gripped Tara’s body tighter and shook her head.

“But we have things that need to be done, sweetie.” Tara reminded her girlfriend, “If we don’t do them then everything won’t be ready for you to move in tomorrow.”

“That’s ok.” Willow sighed. “We have all the time in the world.”

That simple sentence brought a smile to Tara’s face. Having all the time in the world to spend with Willow, even if it was doing something as trivial as painting, was her idea of heaven.

Donny stepped carefully over the front step of Willow’s new home, his vision obstructed slightly by the large stack of boxes in his arms as he carried them from Mr. Rosenberg’s car. He turned the corner and entered the living room to gain the attention of a seated Willow.

“Where do you want these, ma’am?” He asked and shifted the weight of the boxes to get a better grip.

“Uhm, what’s in them?” She asked a little unsure and craned her neck to make out the description on the side of the top box. “Oh, they’re files and folders, they go upstairs in the office. That’s the second room on your left.”

“Got it.” He said quickly then mumbled. “Damn heavy for ‘files and folders’!”

He made his way up the stairs, making note of a creaking third step so he could ask Willow if she would like it fixing. He stumbled a little, not being able to see the steps below him, then counted the rooms when he reached the top as he passed them “First, second... second left.” Once he entered the room he dropped the boxes with a thud, glad to rid his arms of their weight.

He walked back down the hall, passing the room his sister was in, he backtracked and popped his head through Willow’s bedroom door.

“It’s not a bad old house is it, sis?” He asked and stepped further into the room.

Tara looked up from what she was doing and smiled warmly at her little brother.

“No it’s nice, it has plenty of character.” She answered.

“Do you think you could live here?” He asked, and Tara raised a questioning eyebrow at him. He lifted his hands and stepped away in submission. “Hey I was just asking, didn’t mean anything by it.”

She looked at him for a long moment before spraying Willow’s nightstand with furniture polish, then spoke whilst wiping it clean. “I guess I could live here, but that would be up to Wil.... Why?” She tacked on.

“Well, I was just thinking, I mean.... when you do move in, or if you do, and what with mom selling the farm and everything, then maybe I could take your apartment over, the farm won’t sell quickly mind you. It needs a little work before it can go on the mar....”

“Donny....” Tara interrupted, “Mom’s selling the farm? Since when? When did she decide that?” Tara pointed the furniture polish at her brother as she asked, clearly perplexed by the new information.

He raised his arms once again, higher this time. A slight look of fright upon his face. “Uh, you’re not gunna attack me with that are you?” He joked and pointed at the polish.

Tara melted slightly, a smile gracing her lips as she placed the canister on the nightstand and sat on the end of Willow’s bed.

“Mom’s selling the farm?” She asked once again, “That farm was dad’s.” The news settled in slowly. “Why?”

“Well, I guess she wants to move on with her life, Tara. Dad’s been gone for a long time. The farm’s still going strong, but mom’s getting older. It can be lonely up there sometimes, for the both of us. I know she misses you, too. And she’s made a good friend in Mrs. Rosenberg so now’s a better time than any to move into town.” Donny sat beside his sister, both staring out the front window of Willow’s bedroom. They could see the house opposite the street, it’s roof white from falling snow. “Mom said to me, when she told me she was thinking about selling the farm, that our family enjoyed it so much perhaps it was time for another family to do the same thing. I agree with that.”

Tara thought for a moment, then turned to see the blue eyes of her brother watching her intently. “I agree too.” She nodded sadly.

“C’mere.” Donny smiled, wrapping his sister in a firm hug.

“You’re bedroom’s done, sweetie.” Tara said, walking into the living room with her brother in tow. She had to laugh at the sight of her girlfriend sitting on the floor surrounded by white sheets.

“I got tangled.” Willow explained with a hefty pout, trying to pull her left crutch out of the grip of a mischievous sheet. “It doesn’t want to let go.”

“Willow, what in heavens name are you doing?” Sheila exclaimed, walking from the kitchen with a tray of coffee and biscuits. “I left you for five minutes, I asked if you would be alright.”

“And I would have been if you’d have warned me about the devil sheets.” Willow huffed and held her arm out to be gently lifted by Tara. Tara obliged, then pulled the crutch from the offending sheet and handed it to her girlfriend.

“Payback for my foot in the paint tin yesterday.” Tara whispered with a smirk.

“I thought you paid me back for that? You know.... after?”

“What’s going on?” Anna entered the room with Ira in tow. “Have we all finished?”

Everyone nodded yes then Sheila spoke up. “My daughter got accosted by white sheets, it seems she is very traumatised.” She explained and placed the tray of coffee and biscuits on the coffee table. “Drink, anyone?”

The family enjoyed each other’s company for the rest of the evening, laughing and joking at childhood stories that Sheila, Anna and even Ira couldn’t help but recount. Donny laughed as his mother told the story of how Tara got stuck in a tree. Tara laughed at the story of how Willow got a crayon stuck in her ear. And everybody laughed at the story of how Willow and Tara secretly lusted after one another for months before their accidental meeting.

It was nice, Willow thought. Her mother seemed happier, more relaxed. She hadn’t left Sunnydale in months and that was a miracle in and of itself. Ira seemed happier too, he was able to share his anecdotes with Donny and not get greeted by the disapproving eyes of women. He too, seemed happier.

She then turned her gaze to the woman sitting beside her, laughing at Sheila’s enthusiastic story telling. Tara’s light giggle was musical, magical.... amazing.

“Everything ok, sweetie?” Tara asked. Willow started slightly having been caught in a major stare-fest. She nodded and smiled weakly.

“I’m a little tired.”

“Bedtime?” Tara smiled back and stood, she gently took Willow’s arm and helped her to her feet. She turned her attention to their family and interrupted their jovial conversation. “Uh, guys... we’re gunna....”

“Oh oh, of course!” Anna said a little too loudly. “It’s getting late anyway.” She stood and gently kissed both girls on the cheek. “We’ll clear up, then clear out, ok?”

“Ok.” Both girls nodded. They received kisses and goodnights from the rest of their family and made their way upstairs.

They entered Willow’s room, it seemed deafly quiet after the jocund gathering with their family downstairs. Their mother’s were a handful to say the least.

Shuffling her way towards her chest of draws, Willow rifled through them to find a t-shirt to sleep in, finding one she liked, Willow then turned to Tara.

“Are you staying, or have you just come to tuck me in?” She asked.

Tara moved towards her girlfriend and wrapped her arms around Willow’s waist, her trademark half smile gracing her lips.

“That’s up to you, sweetie.”

“Good.” Willow beamed and kissed Tara lightly. “Here you go.” She handed Tara a shirt, then proceeded to look for her own.

“I don’t know why we wear these, we never have them on when we wake up.” Tara giggled and began to undress.

Ten minutes later both girls were washed, dressed and settled in bed. Willow snuggled deep in Tara’s embrace, her body warmed and relaxed. She wasn’t sure what was better; falling to sleep with Tara, or waking with her. It took her a few minutes to come to the conclusion that they were equally important.

“Because what’s the point of going to bed with you if you’re not going to make me breakfast in the morning?” Willow said suddenly and felt herself jiggle as Tara laughed.

“Uhm, I don’t know?” Tara answered around her soft, melodic laughter. “What is the point of going to bed with me if I’m not going to make you breakfast in the morning?”

“Kisses, snuggles, your hot body next to mine, the occasional orgasm....” Willow said mischievously.

“Willow!” Tara exclaimed through giggles. “You were tired a few minutes ago.”

“I’m still tired, but I’m also thinking, and my thinking has lead me to think that perhaps.... you should be kissing me right now.”

Tara could feel Willow’s smile against her chest and she dared a look down. Catching green eyes waiting patiently for her to oblige, she chuckled internally.

“You want a kiss.... you know how to get it.”

“You make me do all the hard work.” Willow huffed playfully and turned her body until she was directly above Tara, holding herself with the strength of her arms, she rested her lower body against Tara’s.

“Kiss me.” She asked again only to receive a full scale grin from the woman beneath her.

“Ki....” Willow didn’t manage to finish her sentence as Tara lips cut off her words, their lips met lightly, then parted leaving willow with a slight sense of surprise at not having to fight harder to get what she wanted. She was about to move off Tara’s body, but felt soft fingers entangle themselves in her hair.

“Now you kiss me.” Tara said, her smile gone and replaced by a beginning need.

PostPosted: Mon Apr 03, 2006 9:18 am 
14. Lesbo Street Cred

Auburn wrote:
And now for the evil minx.

*bats eyelids* but one adorable little evil minx?

Quote:
I just had to comment on that particular declaration, Watson. Just how much smut have you read?

Quite a lot. what? I'm not ashamed. Wrote a little smut too, not sure if anyone read it. Kinda obscure, stuff I write.

Quote:
Quote:
But your chapter 20 made me long for having someone who would hold and tease and love me the way Tara did

I don't think you should share this with your other half.

Um perhaps this isn't the right place. Suffice it to say ... things change.

Quote:
Speaking of Car, where is she? I post two updates (about to be three) and she doesn't show up? I'll be having words. Very British words! There may even be a glare, and a clearing of the throat.

I hope she's alright though and enjoying her new job. (Can you tell her that, from me, please? )

Sure. Except she's at work right now. CAR!!!!! Read this when you get home, okay? There. Message passed.

Anyway, to feedback. Wow. How I enjoyed this chapter. So much sweetness, so much lovin', everything seems to be going soooo well. Yes to stereotype but they are hurtling towards the inevitable moving in together faster than they expect. They're already so comfortable with each other, and like I said last chapter so in love. If Anna sells the farm, I can see everything slotting into place and the gang will need to do one more round of moving very soon.

There's a great deal of playfulness in their interactions, even in foreplay. Was it not so long ago that they were fretting about whether they'd fit physically as a couple? Heh, no worries here. LOL about Tara upsetting Willow's schedule, I mean, why have the best schedule in the world if it doesn't get upset somehow? It's literally begging to be messed with.

Another stellar update, Gemma. I'm not sorry for begging / nagging you. Neither do I regret "suffering" the taunts I got over at the Lamplight thread. I mean, I've been called evil, apparently I suck, I bring treachery ... but no, I'm not sorry cos I got these wonderful Spark updates.
[br]

Last edited by watty on Mon Jul 16, 2012 7:28 am, edited 1 time in total.

PostPosted: Mon Apr 03, 2006 12:05 pm 
5. Willowhand

Okay - so I was jumping the gun a bit when I said that Tara was moving in with Willow. But I can't see them spending many nights apart - can you? So, almost living together. :-D

I really love how you have made both Willow and Tara's families so nice. It makes a lovely change from neglected Willow and abused Tara. What we need now is a nice little commitment ceremony to unite the Rosenbergs and the Maclays - I know, jumping the gun again! :blush

Good update - I'm looking forward to your next one. :bounce

Caz

"I'm a bloodsucking fiend! Look at my outfit!" Willow - Doppelgangland

PostPosted: Mon Apr 03, 2006 2:08 pm 
23. Volumey Text

that was a nice, fun update.

I liked Tara stepping in the paint and then blaming Willow for it. If Willow hadn't looked so sexy then she wouldn't have moved the paint and then stepped in it. That's the sort of logic SO's are good at :eyebrow

:lol at Willow having a schedule and the way Tara ruined it. It wasn't a very good schedule though if it didn't include time for :wtkiss

That was a great end

Looking forward to more

PostPosted: Mon Apr 03, 2006 2:32 pm 
8. Vixen

I think Donny had a premonition. I bet Willow will ask Tara to move in with her soon... she's always there anyways ;)
Really liked the paint incident and when everyone came over to help, Lovely fuzzy family feeling. :pinky

PostPosted: Mon Apr 03, 2006 8:31 pm 
6. Sassy Eggs

Ok, I'm sorry. My faith in you is now completely restored. I had lost faith for a while, please forgive me. I promise to never doubt you again!

I love the whole update! The stepping in the paint, making up for it, farm discussion, family visiting, Willow's sheet fight and goodnight snuggles and more. Hehehe. That's my highlight list, instead of quoting you, since you already know what you wrote. I loved each of those parts.

PostPosted: Tue Apr 04, 2006 10:41 pm 
19. Yummy Face

WOOT! Yay Gemma! Yay for updates! Whoo and hoo!

(Yeah, okay, I know I need to do better than that. Give me time. I've got lots of feedback catching up to do. Plus, I read all of these updates at your site...so you really need to post something new. LOL)

Frivolous Views

PostPosted: Wed Apr 05, 2006 7:43 pm 
1. Blessed Wannabe

Oh my goddess! I am so taken away by your story! please write more, more, more! :pray I am in love with thier love! :wtkiss

PostPosted: Sat Apr 08, 2006 5:39 am 
18. Breast Gal

Topics: 4
I'm agreeing with Watty, the playfulness is adorable. And not just between Willow and Tara, but all their friends and family - Tara and Donnie, and all the 'kids' and the mothers. I feel all warm and fuzzy reading all the scenes when everyone's having fun and laughing and just being normal and happy.

Tara putting her foot in the bucket was hilarious... but I can't understand why she moved it in the first place. Sure, Willow having to reach for it was providing many sexy Willow-glimpses, so why spoil a good thing? I think her subconscious was trying to tell her that by making her step in it ;-)

PostPosted: Mon Apr 10, 2006 6:10 am 
23. Volumey Text

Cool that you've updated your fic,great writing.

PostPosted: Sun Apr 16, 2006 6:38 pm 
3. Flaming O

Thank you, thank you, thank you, thank you, thank you, thank you, thank you, thank you, thank you, thank you, thank you, thank you, thank you, thank you, thank you, thank you, thank you, thank you, thank you...

For the update.

The best thing about finding this update was that fact that at chapter 18, for some strange reason, I thought the story was completed... I did not know that more fun 'n' frolic was to come.

Finding extra chapters in a great story... *sigh*

See, this made up for the few bad days I was having.

:wtkiss can cure anything...

Auburn comes to the rescue yet again!!!

Thanks again,

Steve

Sometimes you can choose the path you follow
Sometimes your choices are made for you
And sometimes you have no choice at all

PostPosted: Sun Apr 23, 2006 9:03 am 
2. Floating Rose

Please update soon :pinky

PostPosted: Sun Apr 30, 2006 12:40 pm 
Ms. Moderator Fantastico
Ms. Moderator Fantastico

:pinky please this is so darn cute I cant help myself I will read it 5 more times please update soon :kitty

PostPosted: Sat May 06, 2006 11:45 am 
16. Pancakes in Bellies

Very nice story. Hope you update soon. :dumbo

By the Power of Grayskull!

PostPosted: Sat May 06, 2006 1:00 pm 
Ms. Moderator Fantastico
Ms. Moderator Fantastico

:pinky If I hold my breath would that help my friend? :kdevil

PostPosted: Tue May 09, 2006 2:07 pm 
13. Big Knowledge Woman

YES! YES! YES! YES! :party :party :party

It's a blessing!!!! The Flame is still lit! WOOHOO. Gemma, talk about the best way to get right back into read fics again. And when I saw that there was an update, talk about cheesin', lol. I love it! The Willow and Tara happiness is awesome! Oh yeah, and a nice Donny!?! Priceless. Anyhoo, I'll stop talking and thank you for continuing one of my favorite stories. Great updates!!! Hope to see more very soon. Take care. Smiles. =)

"I've always believed it doesn't matter who you sleep with. What's important is how you treat people." - Amber Benson

PostPosted: Thu May 11, 2006 9:55 pm 
5. Willowhand

yes yes!! update soon!!!!

PostPosted: Mon May 15, 2006 8:25 pm 
1. Blessed Wannabe

please please update, i'm in terrible need of a good wiil/tara fix![/spoiler]

~
.My Always.

PostPosted: Tue Jun 06, 2006 8:39 pm 
Ms. Moderator Fantastico
Ms. Moderator Fantastico

:pinky please update plleeeaasseeeeeeeee we all love this story :kitty :kitty :kitty ps I want to know if willow ask tara to move in it would be so wonderful :kitty :kitty :kitty

PostPosted: Wed Jun 07, 2006 5:40 am 
13. Big Knowledge Woman

i really need an update....this is one of my favourite stories

"When you get excited about something, one might imagine you as a small, maniacally grinning rubber ball, which someone throws at the wall in an enclosed room, and goes bouncing off every surface for about 15 minutes."
- Mudrat

PostPosted: Sat Jun 10, 2006 8:12 am 
19. Yummy Face

Email address: GemmaQT@hotmail.com
Rating: PG-13
Disclaimer: I don't own these characters but the story is mine.
Summary: Tara admires Willow from a distance until an accident brings them closer together. Some angst, but obviously I wouldn’t do anything too awful to read.

Notes: Thank you is the only thing I feel I need to say, so, thank you.

22: A Happy Lesbian Cliche:

Willow manoeuvred around her kitchen. The thought of it being her kitchen gave her a twinge of pride. This new house was hers, but without Tara it would still look old and neglected. The house had a lot of work that needed to be done, but it was liveable and had lots of character. After a five minute journey of making her way down the stairs, Willow felt jubilant. A few months ago she could barely get out of bed, now she was about to make breakfast for her girlfriend.

“My girlfriend.” She said to no one. It sounded strange, and made her giggle a little, but that thought also gave her a feeling of happiness that she had never felt before.

Tara was still in bed, no doubt exhausted from Willow’s insistence that the first night spent in her new house had to be a memorable one. And memorable it was.

She flipped the switch to boil the kettle, Tara would appreciate herbal tea and toast, so that’s what she would get, it’s what she deserved. Willow had never made Tara breakfast before, it was a pity she couldn’t make it up the stairs with a tray full of food to give Tara breakfast in bed, but she would one day, for now Willow would have to settle for this.

Bread in the toaster, she switched it on, then turned and pressed the ‘on’ button to the radio. Music began to fill the empty room and Willow began to sing along, in a very, very low voice. The kettle boiled, the water inside it bubbling furiously causing the kettle to rock slightly, it slowly calmed as Willow lifted it off the stand and poured the hot water into two of her favourite mugs. One was bright green with a picture of ‘Scooby doo’ and the other was light blue with a picture of Tom and Jerry.

“Perhaps I should get you a mug that says ‘world’s most sneakiest redhead’” Tara said as she walked into the kitchen. She wrapped her arms around Willow’s waist and kissed her lightly on the cheek. “I didn’t hear you get up.”

“I wasn’t being sneaky, I was being stealthy. In no way is that sneaky.” Willow retorted and turned in Tara’s arms. “Tea?”

“I’d love some.” Tara beamed and took the steaming mug from her girlfriend. “What did I do to deserve this?” She asked as Willow moved towards the toaster that now revealed two toasted slices of bread poking out of the top.

“Well, there was this thing you did with your tongue I think needs to be rewarded, plus it dawned on me that I had never made you breakfast, so I wanted to.”

“Thank you.” Tara said as Willow handed her a plate full of toast.

Ten minutes later bellies were full, toast gone, tea drunk and Willow was looking for scissors to open a packaged New Years eve decoration, while Tara was unceremoniously biting at it with her teeth.

“Mit mon’t mopen.” She said somewhat exasperated then started slightly when Willow shouted. “Found them!” a little too loudly.

“Uh, sorry.” Willow giggled and hobbled towards the breakfast table. She took the packaged decorations from her girlfriend, then cut across the top of them with the scissors. “There!” She said triumphantly pulling them out, then she tried to figure out which way they went.

“Mom said she’ll be here at around nine tonight so we have plenty of time to think about where we’re gunna put these.”

“When did your mom tell you this?”

“Oh, a couple of days ago. She’s super organised about these things.”

“Sounds familiar.” Tara mumbled, then smirked when Willow asked what she had said. “Nothing, but....” She changed the subject whilst turning in her chair “....I have been up for fifteen minutes. I have coffee and toast, but there’s something missing.”

“Oh oh, don’t tell me. I know, I know.” Willow said excitedly then stood off her stool and took Tara’s hand, pulling her up too. “A kiss, right?”

Tara half smiled, indicating her girlfriend was right and appreciated the lack of hesitance as their lips met. Willow’s lips were soft, as always. She could taste the sweet tea as their mouth’s parted and connected more fully then closed around each other, embracing a familiar dance.

Tara let go of Willow’s hand and wrapped it around her waist, pulling their bodies closer, feeling them fit against one another perfectly. But when the phone began to ring, Willow hesitantly pulled away.

“That’ll be my mom.” She whispered, somehow unable to find her voice.

Tara busied herself by clearing the dishes whilst Willow talked on the phone. She found listening to one side of the Rosenberg women’s conversation quite a challenge as Willow’s agitation surfaced and her hands became more animated. Her bottom lip jutted out ever so slightly and brow creased deeper the longer she stayed on the phone. Tara couldn’t help but find it amusing and wondered if she possessed similar traits so similar to her own mother.

Willow finally placed the phone back in the cradle, her bottom lip as far out as it could possible go without falling off her face entirely. She shuffled towards Tara and replayed the conversation.

“Eight o'clock.” She mumbled, “mom changed the time to eight o'clock.”

“There’s a problem with that?” Tara asked as she dried her hands with a towel.

“Well yeah, besides the fact that this is our first day alone and in the new house, we will spend most of our time arranging decorations, only for her to change them when she arrives.”

“Then lets not put them up and spend our time doing something better.” Tara half smiled and threw the towel on to the kitchen counter, walking up to Willow, she wrapped her arms around the smaller woman’s body and smirked as she concocted a plan. “Imagine her surprise and gratefulness when she sees that you saved them for her, but you can be smug knowing that you didn’t save them for her, you just had something better to do.”

Willow stared at Tara for a moment, her vixen-y girlfriend’s idea piquing her interest. “What did I have to do that’s better than hanging decorations?”

“I seem to recall you enjoy the bath tub when you’re in it with, oh say, me.” Tara reminded. “Maybe we can find something to do in there before I go home to change?”

“Sounds like a plan.” Willow said as she made her way to the stairs, positioning herself on the bottom step and making sure her crutches were blocking Tara’s path, she turned to Tara, her face only describable as mischievous, and said:
“Last one up the stairs is a rotten egg”

Willow scooped up a handful of bubbles and blew them into the air. Watching with interest as they floated towards the bathroom floor. One clump of bubbles was intercepted by Tara’s hand as she caught them then discarded them onto the redhead’s nose before bending down and stealing a kiss.

“I’m all wrinkled.” Willow said and held up her hand to prove it. Tara took the hand gently and pulled the redhead to her feet then guided her out of the tub.

“That’s what happens when you stay in the bath longer than necessary.” She answered with a smirk and wrapped a large, fluffy towel around her girlfriend’s body before handing Willow her crutches.

“Bath time wasn’t my idea.” Willow retorted, then added, “not that I’m complaining.”

Both girls made their way to the bedroom and the blonde dressed in silence, Tara internally debated whether she should wait until Sheila and Ira arrived before going home to change. It would be the first time Willow had been alone, without anyone at hand, since her accident and all kinds of scenarios were running through Tara’s head. What if Willow fell? What if she needed something from a really high shelf? What if she needed help to get up or down the stairs? What if the house suddenly burst into flames?

“I think I’ll stay until your mom gets here.” She finally said and received two raised eyebrows from a sceptical Willow.

“Don’t be silly, if you do that then you will have to rush home and change.” The redhead answered logically, then walked over to retrieve the items sitting neatly on a chest of drawers. “Don’t forget to wear these.”

Tara took the items Willow held out for her and smiled as her hand passed over the neatly embroidered letters of her name. The gloves and scarf were the sweetest gift Willow could have given her for Jewish-Christmas, and once she had wrapped the scarf proudly around her neck, Tara took her girlfriend’s hand and squeezed gently.

“Are you sure you will be ok?”

“I’m sure.”

“I will see you soon?”

“You will.”

Willow ran to the door, or rather, she hobbled to the door as fast as her injured leg would allow. She figured that Tara must have dropped the latch before she left, only to have a frustrated Sheila impatiently knocking on the door a few hours later.

Willow opened the door, the stern look of annoyance gracing her mother’s face causing the redhead to smile sheepishly.

“I came as fast as I could.” She said holding up one of her crutches for emphasis.

“It’s freezing out there.” Sheila grumbled walking past her daughter, the older woman shook off her coat and handed it to her husband expectantly before going through to the lounge. “I thought you were hanging decorations? What happened to the ones I got you?” She shouted.

“Oh, they’re on the kitchen counter.” Willow shouted back as she closed the door behind her farther. “I thought it would be better if you put them up, what with you arriving early and I know how much you enjoy it.” The redhead smirked, before remembering that her farther could see her, but the older man simply winked playfully as he hung both his and his wife’s coat up, he then took his daughters arm to help her into the other room.

“So how was your first night in the new house, Willow?” Ira asked once he had guided his daughter to the nearest chair in the kitchen.

“Uh, it was great, dad.” Willow answered, she could feel her face begin to flush as the memories of exactly how she had spent her evening flooded her mind. “The heating system works great, Tara and I were warm enough - glasses are in the top cupboard.” She directed her farther, his bottle of whiskey already open and waiting.

“Wine glasses for your mother? You know she won’t take anything less than the real thing.” He smiled.

“Oh, on the rack next to the sink.”

“Where are the - oh here.” Mrs Rosenberg babbled as she started her adventure with the decorations. “And the - oh there they are.”

“Wine, honey?” Ira asked as he handed the half full glass of wine to his wife, who happily took it then sipped tentatively and smiled in appreciation.

“I’ll be in the other room if you need me.” She informed before leaving farther and daughter alone.

Ira poured another glass of wine, this time for his daughter, then poured himself a whiskey and placed the drinks on the kitchen table before sitting. He took a long, refreshing sip of his drink, the silence in the room interrupted every few seconds by Mrs Rosenberg’s delighted squeals at hanging the decorations in the lounge.

“What time is Tara arriving?” Mr Rosenberg asked, he tilted his glass slightly, watching as the liquid moved in a slanted direction.

“About the same time you and mom were supposed to arrive.” Willow smiled causing Ira to nod his head knowingly.

“The time change was your mothers impatience.” He stated, then took another sip of his whiskey. “Tara seems like a nice girl.”

Willow’s wide eyes looked up from the glass in her hands. She hadn’t really talked about the relationship between herself and Tara with her farther, and she hadn’t expected to. Ira Rosenberg was a man of few words, often opting to let his wife take the lead on matters of importance, but as he sat across from his daughter, his eyes meeting hers, their corners wrinkled as his mouth curled in a knowing, loving smile. Willow saw, perhaps for the first time, that he wasn’t oblivious to the world around him. He just knew that sometimes, words didn’t need to be spoken.

“She’s a very nice girl, dad. Thank you.” She said somewhat shyly. She was just about to take another sip of her wine, but was stopped by her father’s hand in the air. He raised his glass and pointed at it indicating Willow should raise hers too.

“To Tara and a quick recovery.” He said, and once his daughter repeated his words, they both sipped their drinks appreciatively.

“Ira come here for a moment would you? I need you to hold these pins!” Mrs. Rosenberg shouted from the livingroom. Ira rolled his eyes and did as his wife asked, leaving Willow to sit in the quiet for a moment, but the quiet was soon interrupted by the opening and closing of the front door followed by the sounds of scuffling, and Mrs. Maclay’s obvious displeasure at the weather. Willow made it to the doorway that lead through to the hall and saw Mother, daughter and son shucking off their coats and grunting with the effort.

“Hey, you’re early.” Willow stated somewhat confused, but happily received a hug from Anna and Donny, then a kiss from Tara as they moved past her to enter the kitchen.

“I thought maybe you would appreciate us getting here early too.” Tara answered. “Besides, when I told my mom that Sheila would be hanging a few streamers she insisted we arrived the same time they did.”

“Anna? Is that you?” Mrs. Rosenberg shouted. “Oh thank heavens, grab yourself a glass of wine and come help me. My husband is useless.... oh, and Willow, the contraption that plays music, how do you switch it on?”

Willow, in a way much like her father’s, rolled her eyes and did as her mother asked.

Willow sat on a stool by the kitchen counter looking through to the living room at her family enjoying themselves, their merriment throughout the evening had been infectious as they laughed and danced the night away. She had come a long way since the darkness of her previous life as a lonely, career driven woman. It seemed like a lifetime ago that the only thing she had lived for was work, no matter how much she ran from the ugliness of her life and the inevitable ending of her relationship with Oz, it always caught up with her somehow. Now it was behind her, unable to catch up and fading into the distance. She was able to look ahead, and the future was Tara.

Work, Willow missed work, but it didn’t seem as important as it once had, it seemed more of a hobby. She was looking forward to going back, however long it took. Her usual routine wouldn’t be so usual anymore. It would consist of lunch breaks with Tara, leaving early to be with Tara. Inviting Tara into that side of her life would be exciting, Willow thought, It would be perfect.

Her thoughts quietened slightly as arms wrapped around her waist and a soft, warm body held her from behind. Tara’s scent permitted her senses and Willow closed her eyes, allowing Tara to intoxicate her for a moment.

“Come outside.” Tara whispered letting go of the smaller woman and taking her hand to help her step over the threshold of the backdoor. They walked in silence for a moment, Willow following Tara as the blonde lead them to the side of the house. The noise of their family laughing over loud music blew through the crisp night air, surrounding them as Tara brought them to a stop underneath the stars.

“It’s almost midnight.” Willow said softly, placing her hands on the back of Tara’s elbows as the blonde pushed her gently against the side wall of the house.

“I know.” Tara answered, her eyes purposefully piercing the magical green of her girlfriend’s and holding them there for a moment.

The music coming from inside the house stopped abruptly, the air stilled and world quietened as the life changing year became mere seconds away from ending. Tara didn’t let Willow’s gaze go, not when the voices of their family beginning to count down broke the silence, not when the seconds passed and ten became nine, nine became eight, or eight became seven, but only when the cheers of midnight permitted the air did she move, her mouth closing softly around Willow’s. Starting the rest of her life as it meant to go on, kissing Willow.

The End.

PostPosted: Sat Jun 10, 2006 9:20 am 
19. Yummy Face

So, when do you start writing the sequel, Gemma? ;-)

Frivolous Views

PostPosted: Sat Jun 10, 2006 9:53 am 
19. Yummy Face

When Lil' Watty continues with LL, Carleen. :smug

And when you pay more attention to CB. Hinty McHint hint!

PostPosted: Sat Jun 10, 2006 11:06 am 
9. Gay Now

Brava!!!

What can I say so late in the game?

Auburn.

You wrote a really really beautiful story. I feel privileged to have read it. Thank you.

db

PostPosted: Sat Jun 10, 2006 11:33 am 
5. Willowhand

I agree with GayNow - a sequel would be perfect.

Caz

"I'm a bloodsucking fiend! Look at my outfit!" Willow - Doppelgangland

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 378 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 9, 10, 11, 12, 13  Next