The Kitten, the Witches and the Bad Wardrobe - Willow & Tara Forever

General Chat  || Kitten  || WaV  || Pens  || Mi2  || GMP  || TiE  || FAQ  || Feed - The Kitten, the Witches and the Bad Wardrobe

All times are UTC - 8 hours [ DST ]

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 448 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7 ... 15  Next
 Post subject: Re: Chapter 10
PostPosted: Mon Feb 09, 2004 6:23 pm 
I was kinda hoping these relatives would be a bit more supportive of Willow, but NOT! :sigh

Thank goodness she has Tara there, or Paris might be a total bummer!

:applause Smoochies soon!!!

BV

It's the passion in a kiss that gives to it its sweetness; it is the affection in a kiss that sanctifies it.

Post subject: cool daddy-o!
PostPosted: Mon Feb 09, 2004 7:22 pm 
You've got me totally hooked on this fic. It's the most! I'm loving the whole darn thing more with each passing update. Thanks for a groovy time you cool cat.:glasses

Post subject: Re: cool daddy-o!
PostPosted: Mon Feb 09, 2004 8:37 pm 
What a great story! I'm sorry I didn't reply and feedback until now but I just caught up on it and...WOW! ( I always say 'wow' when I've found a great story, and this is definitely one. ) You are a very talented writer Anna, VERY talented. I love the whole premise of the story taking place in the 1950's, how great is that to picture...with the hair and the clothes and all of that? :p I also appreciate the frequent updates, how DO you do it? Anyway, great stuff and I look forward to the next part. :peace

P.S. I've found yet another fic to be addicted to so...thanks for that! Hope to see more soon. :D

-Renee-:flower

"The moment you have in your heart this extraordinary thing called love and feel the depth, the delight, the ecstasy of it, you will discover that for you the world is transformed." -J. Krishnamurti

Post subject: Re: reply
PostPosted: Tue Feb 10, 2004 4:55 am 
Hi, i so love this story! I really like the idea, and the setting because paris being the 'city of love'.

I can't wait for a new update.

Luv Hannah

Post subject: Feedback for the feeback
PostPosted: Tue Feb 10, 2004 7:50 am 
A continued thanks to all the Kittens reading and putting up with my lack of W/T smoochies!

pookie ray – Thanks so much, there’s a lot to live up to in making each chapter better than the last but I really do try. Okay, our two girls + locked room as asked for!

russ – I definitely think Willow is the sort of girl who would defy anyone who gets in the way of her relationship with people she loves so it’s going to be interesting writing how she deals with future events. Buffy in general is filled with non-existent or inadequate older role models so I have to keep up the trend…but I like Giles so much. And yes, humour is a must. I have to say I started out writing this fic to get away from the angst of my other fic but the more I write the more angst I realise there has to be…but I’m trying to keep it light.

Tempest Duer – Lots of updates! These last few chapters seem to flow really well so they pretty much wrote themselves quite fast…just events leading on from one another I guess.

4WiccanLuv – I’m sorry for being a tease, I can’t help it! But it makes the moment all the more worthwhile when I finally do get to write it…right?

jixer – ‘now what?’ Seems to be an appropriate exclamation in regards to this fic, so many issues to deal with…so many things to explore…it’s so much fun. And boy does my imagination outstrip any writing ability I have, it’s hard to keep up sometimes.

pikescoob – Willow’s aunt is just another of my stereotypical rich people vs the stereotypical working class people. I’ve tried to keep the stereotypes pretty plain, it’s really just the background to our love story.

barnabasvamp – smoochies as promised!

nika – yay, I’m a cool cat…I do try to make things more interesting and we’re coming up to some good stuff in these next few chapters!

Renee85 – I don’t quite know how I do it…I just love writing I guess. I remember I was in Maths class once writing a story and my Maths teacher spotted me and said, “Anna, now I know you’re a very prolific writer but can you please stop for the duration of this class!” *grins guiltily* Thanks so much for your encouragement.

musicmad10 – I was a bit sceptical about this setting when I first thought about doing it but now I’m into this fic, I wouldn’t change anything, it’s much W/T fun!

Post subject: Chapter 12
PostPosted: Tue Feb 10, 2004 7:53 am 
Chapter Twelve – “Home is where the heart is...no really.”

Willow groaned as she sat splayed in the seat, a half eaten piece of chocolate cake in a plate on her lap. She shifted slightly and could only watch in horror as the plate started sliding off her lap in the direction of the imported Persian rug at her feet. Tara lunged forward with a speed she didn’t know she possessed and grabbed the plate in two steady hands. After setting it safely on a nearby table she turned to regard the still groaning Willow with a loving smile.

“Okay…” Willow had to concentrate hard to force the words out, “Whatever you could say about this night and this party…that was one very, very fine chocolate cake. Ow, no it wasn’t…evil chocolate cake!”

“I don’t think it’s possible for anything with chocolate in it to be evil,” Tara wrinkled her brow in concern as Willow clutched her stomach.

“Oh yes it is…anything that lures you into having three huge helpings is evil in my book,” Willow knew full well her suffering was self-inflicted but she enjoyed the look of tender concern on her girlfriends face, “Ow, tummy!”

“Want me to rub it?” Tara asked softly, a willing participant in Willow’s little game.

Willow managed a smile, “Baby, there is nothing I would like more…but…”

Willow glanced around them. The party guests had been steadily leaving for the past hour but enough people still remained. Besides, although it would probably make her feel better, she was sure Tara’s hand on her stomach would only elicit groaning of a different sort. Aunt Elizabeth was still present in all her harpy-like magnificence and Willow wasn’t exactly in her good books that evening.

“It’s getting late,” Tara looked at her watch.

“Oh…oh, it is…do you want me to call Mr Weiss and get him to give you a ride back to your hotel?” Willow tried to hide the disappointment in her voice.

Tara grinned and winked at the redhead, “I said it’s getting late…I most certainly didn’t say anything about heading back to the hotel.”

Willow seemed to perk right up after that, chocolate poisoning or not she managed to stumble to her feet. An ingenious scheme flitted into her mind…and she thought if she put on her best puppy dog face it might just work. She took Tara’s elbow gently between her fingers and propelled them towards Aunt Elizabeth.

“What are you doing!” Tara hissed in alarm, “I don’t want to be anywhere near that woman!”

“Trust me,” Willow replied before striding confidently up to her aunt, “Aunt Elizabeth!”

The older woman looked down, past her nose at her impudent niece and raised her eyebrows. It was a look that said ‘this had better be good.’ Tara discreetly shrunk behind Willow, out of the line of fire.

“The party was so amazing we’re exhausted and it’s become quite late, so Tara’s staying the night…if that’s alright with you Aunt Elizabeth,” Willow’s tone was all honey and sugar.

“Well I suppose so,” the old woman said grudgingly, “But all our guest rooms are full…”

“Oh, that’s no problem at all!” Willow hoped she didn’t sound too enthusiastic, “We’ll just share my bed.”

Willow Rosenberg…you are a genius!

Aunt Elizabeth shrugged her shoulders and gave the barest of nods as though she didn’t care what Willow did anymore. Not wanting to risk a sudden change of heart, Willow made for a quick exit.

“Thanks so much ma’am,” Tara called as Willow started leading her away, “Great party…and you don’t look a day over forty.”

Willow’s eyes shot up and with a speed that was uncanny she yanked Tara right out of the ballroom in a walk so fast it might as well have been a run. She didn’t stop until they had reached the bottom of the stairs. Tara was a little breathless but giggling all the same. Willow smirked too, about to laugh before she remembered how close Tara had come to being eaten up, chewed thoroughly and spat back out. She stroked Tara’s cheek,

“Baby, I think it’s best if you don’t say another word to Aunt Elizabeth…I like you very much the way you are…with all your limbs.”

Tara bit her lip, a giggle still escaped anyway, “Sorry…I’m just trying to be polite and the stupidest things pop out.”

“They’re cute, not stupid…and if it had been anyone besides Aunt Elizabeth, I would be laughing my head off. She’s the wicked witch of the west Tara, you don’t want to get on her bad side. I think she at least tolerates you now…it’s a good idea to try and keep it that way.”

“Okay, I understand…I think,” Tara pursed her lips together thoughtfully, “I don’t say anything, you do all the talking!’

Willow nodded and lead Tara up the stairs, a strange nervous flutter growing in the pit of her stomach.

“Well, this is my room,” Willow flicked on the light switch to bath the room in a soft glow.

Tara looked around appreciatively, it was a good five times or more the size of her old room. It was lavishly overdone of course and although everything was obviously very expensive…nothing really matched. It made Tara wonder what Willow’s own bedroom was like until she began dredging up unpleasant thoughts of returning to New York. She instead turned her attention to the rest of the room and her gaze obviously turned to the bed. It was an old-fashioned four-poster, quite large with plenty of room for the two of them.

Willow’s wits seemed to have left her once the door was shut behind them…they were well and truly alone. She wanted to reach out and flick the lock across but she couldn’t quite bring herself to do it for fear of scaring Tara.

“What are you waiting for?” Tara asked with a grin as Willow stood uncertainly by the door.

“Huh…what?”

“Aren’t you going to lock the door?”

Willow slid the lock across, feeling very naughty and at the same time…so very terrified. She had no clue as to what to do. She was standing in her room with her girlfriend and she couldn’t do anything except stare stupidly. There were so many thoughts and images of what she should do running through her mind that they kept intruding on one another until she wasn’t sure just what she wanted anymore. The terrified part of her wanted to unlock the door and bolt down the hallway to escape the awkward situation.

I don’t know what to do! Um….run? stay? Run!

The sensible part of her was suggesting that she really ought to show Tara where her bathroom was and find her something to wear to bed…a nightgown or a shirt at least.

Okay, feet moving Rosenberg…your nightgowns are in that dresser over there, you should have one that fits, you know…the one with yellow ribbon on the bodice…and the bathroom is through the door on the right. Tell her not to go through the door on the left because that’s just the walk-in wardrobe…

The much-repressed naughty side of her was predictively interrupting sensible thoughts with the impudent suggestion that Tara didn’t need to wear any clothes at all to bed.

Mmmmm….naked Tara…preferably next to naked Willow, the sensible side butted back in again, Naked Willow! I’ve never been naked in front of anyone before…golly gee whiz, how nerve racking would that be!

The naughty side was also screaming at Willow an idea which made her blush furiously. She imagined herself losing all inhibitions to cross the floor to Tara and sweep back to the bed where she would press her down and begin kissing her thoroughly and confidently. Her hand would find its way to the hem of Tara’s dress, inching it upwards to reveal creamy, soft thighs…

Willow!

“Ah, Willow?” Tara asked the seemingly shell-shocked redhead.

“What…ah, Tara…in my room, right,” Willow blinked a few times as though the movement made it easier to focus…it didn’t really but then again, she didn’t think anything would, “Um…nightgown!”

The sensible side was the eventual victor when Willow finally managed to lift her feet from the spot they had been concreted to for the last few minutes. She drew out the nightgown she had been thinking of and handed it to Tara…their hands brushed each others lightly and Willow’s heart performed a funny little flip. Willow didn’t let go of the nightgown…she just held it and stared at Tara. There was something else she was supposed to be saying, if she could only think of it…

“Um, the bathroom is right through that door there…not the left one because that…that’s the wardrobe and there’s nothing there except frocks and coats and some shoes and other stuff…but you really didn’t need to know that did you…”

“Willow, if you let me have the nightgown, then I can go and get changed,” Tara said shyly.

Willow looked down in horror and saw she was still clutching the nightgown firmly. She let it go and Tara smiled before moving to the bathroom. As soon as the door was shut behind her, Willow reached up and grabbed her hair in frustration.

“I am such a babbling imbecile!”

“Did you say something?” Tara’s voice asked from behind the door.

“Ah, is there anything else you need?” Willow asked, hitting herself on the forehead with the palm of her hand.

Tara assured her she was fine and Willow immediately set to undressing herself. It was a slow process, although hurried somewhat by the fact that Tara would have to eventually emerge from the bathroom. Despite harbouring the secret desire that Tara would come out to find her completely naked, Willow wasn’t so sure she was quite ready for it.

Once modestly garbed with her party dress safely tucked away, Willow scrambled into the big, old four poster and looked in disgust at the amount of room left free. There was a wide expanse of bed in which Tara could crawl and Willow wouldn’t be able to find her for a week.

This is so not what I had in mind when I imagined sharing a bed with her…I need a single…one of those tiny little ones where we’d practically have to sleep on top of each other!

Tara emerged from the bathroom nervously to find Willow sitting in the bed with a stupid grin on her face. A grin which was very quickly wiped off when she saw Tara. Willow was not the only one who had problems with the size of the bed, Tara eyed her side of the bed and almost scowled when she saw how far away she would be from Willow. She scrambled in and sat propped up against the mountain of pillows behind her. The two of them sat like that for some minutes, both with matching disgruntled expressions but neither wanting to be the first to suggest moving to more agreeable positions.

“Willow,” Tara finally said at the precise moment that Willow said, “Tara.”

Willow laughed lightly, “Ah, so I can hear you from all the way across there.”

“Barely,” Tara replied with a fake pout.

“You know what,” Willow said, speaking louder as though Tara really couldn’t hear her, “This side of the bed is so much more comfy than that side.”

Tara wriggled and frowned playfully, “You’re right, there are lumps!”

“C’mere you,” Willow held out her arm and Tara eagerly made the long trek across the bed.

She scooted into Willow’s arms and Willow shifted so they could look each other in the eye. They each let out a matching sigh of relief quickly followed by a matching giggle. Willow reached up to trace a line with her fingertips from Tara’s forehead, down around her eye and over her jaw line to rest on her chin. She cupped it in a soft hand, brushing her thumb over Tara’s full and gorgeous lips.

Tara let out another breath beneath the Willow-touch. She kissed the thumb which was exploring her lips lightly.

“Gee you’re gorgeous,” Willow whispered continuing to trace the lips as though she were studying them for a sculpture, “I’m still having trouble believing I found you…isn’t that funny? I can’t believe it and yet I’m holding you in my arms, I can touch you and you’re there.”

“I know exactly how you feel…I still don’t understand why you love me,” Tara whispered.

Willow’s expression turned serious and she cupped Tara’s face in both her hands, smoothing back her hair repeatedly, “Baby, can you not see how amazing you are. I mean, you’re gorgeous yes…any fool can see that…but you’re this amazing person on the inside as well. Someone who makes me feel giddy with just a glance…who makes me feel loved just by being there…you’re strong and brave even though I don’t think you know it.”

“I’m not brave.”

“You are too! The way you strolled up those steps tonight as though nothing in the world could phase you…and the way you spoke to Aunt Elizabeth! I mean, I’ve known her for years and I wouldn’t speak to her like that…you terrified me, I mean, I thought she was going to eat you or something equally horrible…”

Willow stopped, she felt Tara trembling beneath her hands, her eyes twin pools of ocean on a calm, moonlit night,

“Are you alright?” Willow whispered.

“Of course I’m alright, why would something be wrong?”

“You’re trembling…”

“I’m trembling because the woman of my dreams is holding me in her arms, about to kiss me, but instead she’s trapped in some sort of babble cycle when she should be kissing…”

Tara’s words…as well as her train of thought…were immediately cut short when Willow lent forward. She found lips pressed a little too firmly to hers as though Willow had launched herself into her movement in a rush for fear of stopping mid-point. They lay with their lips pressed together, not moving for fear of the other pulling away.

Willow felt surprised, as though she couldn’t quite bring herself to realise what she had just done. Then however small details began falling into place, she realised her lips were pressed against Tara’s and that they were kissing…she was kissing Tara! Gradually her lips softened as Willow relaxed, her whole body had been tensed in those first few moments. She moved her lips against Tara’s, caressing ever so gently. More feelings assaulted her senses…Tara’s lips were soft, moist…and delicious. She explored hungrily as though she had been waiting for this all her life.

As Willow relaxed, Tara did too and allowed herself to melt into it. At first, there was just the taste of each others lips until Tara parted her mouth ever so slightly, inviting Willow’s tongue in. Hesitant but eager, Willow accepted the invitation. A soft gasp came from Tara’s throat and it sent very pleasant chills down Willow’s spine. Their tongues met, in hesitant darts at first before they settled into a luxurious rhythm. Caressing and stroking tenderly as two people who knew they had all the time in the world to get to know each other intimately.

Time seemed to come to a complete standstill as they revelled in the fact they were tasting each other’s lips for the very first time. It no longer had any meaning…there was only the two of them and their love.

Willow and Tara pulled back a mere fraction to catch their breath, only a hairsbreadth separating their lips. Both were flushed bright red even though the actual kissing had been hardly any exertion at all. They stroked each others faces with trembling fingertips, feeling each other on their lips and in their mouths.

“Mmmm…Willow-tongue,” Tara whispered softly.

Willow grinned and pressed her forehead to Tara’s, “Better get used to it.”

“Yes ma’am,” Tara grinned as well.

Willow reached back to the bedside table and flicked the lamp off, shrouding the room in darkness at first before their eyes became accustomed. She snuggled back down into Tara’s warm embrace, burrowing and cuddling contentedly. Time became quite meaningless as they lay in the partial darkness, both trembling uncontrollably and yet revelling in the joy of having found one another. At some stage, Willow’s breathing became more steady when she slipped off into the land of very pleasant dreams. Tara was content to lie and watch her, stroking the soft red hair over and over. She felt as though she had been born again. Almost as though Tara Maclay hadn’t existed before knowing Willow Rosenberg. Her family, her home in New York…none of it had ever been real.

“I think I just found a new home,” Tara said quietly, cradling the sleeping Willow to her chest.

TBC in Chapter Thirteen – “Baby, don’t worry.”

Wayne: “What I'd really like to do is something extraordinary. Something big. Something mega. Something copious. Something capacious. Something cajunga! But I'll probably end up working at Great America, mopping up hurl and lung butter..”

Wayne’s World

Post subject: Re: Chapter 12
PostPosted: Tue Feb 10, 2004 12:51 pm 
Hey there! :wave

I just wanted to let you know that I am absolutely loving this fic.

Quote:
“I’m trembling because the woman of my dreams is holding me in her arms, about to kiss me, but instead she’s trapped in some sort of babble cycle when she should be kissing…”
:lol That was cute!

I love our girls together.. and btw, this kiss was freakin' beautiful! :D

Can't wait for more!

~Holly~ :heart

"I was born 'normal'...life made me strange." - Marina

"I am a tongue whore...you gave me tongue, what am I supposed to do...sit back and keep my mouth shut?" -Me-

"I know who you really are...you're the one who cries when you're alone." - Where Will You Go? - Evanescence

PostPosted: Tue Feb 10, 2004 5:31 pm 
Wow, this is so cute! Taratongue and Willowtongue and... mmm... and they're so cute, what with Willow's babble about wanting a smaller bed.

Willow: Hey Buff. One more thing. Buffy: Yeah? Willow: I’m gay. Buffy: Okay, Will. Xander owes me ten bucks.

~Remember to Breathe by Yellow Crayon

PostPosted: Tue Feb 10, 2004 7:08 pm 
They are just so cute! The kiss was amazing...yay for no interruptions. I had warm and fuzzies from them being all snuggly *grin* I imagine there are a few bumps in the road coming up with what's waiting for them back in NY.

Michelle

PostPosted: Tue Feb 10, 2004 7:14 pm 
Awww...Too cute! Poor Tara, can't say anything right around Aunt Elizabeth! :laugh And Willow babble, always funny.

The smoochies!! :kiss2 So sweet *sigh*

Look forward to more!

BV

It's the passion in a kiss that gives to it its sweetness; it is the affection in a kiss that sanctifies it.

PostPosted: Wed Feb 11, 2004 12:56 am 
:banana WooHoo...the much promised smoochies! :kiss1 So lovely thank you...but what's with Willow falling asleep so soon? *pouts* I want more tender sweet lovin' smoochies. :laugh

And I can't believe what a bee-ach Willow's aunt is...grrrrr! : -->>:

"Those are my principles. If you don't like them I have others." - Groucho Marx

PostPosted: Wed Feb 11, 2004 3:57 pm 
Hey, how lovely. Before the middle of this chapter I was starting to think that the WB had taken over your fic and that maybe our girls had shared a kiss but that we hadn't seen it yet. But I'm so glad to see that their lovely first kiss (in bed! those Vixens!) was right here and soft and gentle and lovely.

It's going well although I really dislike that either girl felt it was necessary to lie about what Tara's father does/did. I can see why they did it to Aunt Monster but still, I think that it could easily give Tara the impression that Willow is ashamed of her. I mean, assumably Willow's family will chuck her on her butt at some point anyway, so why suck up about what Tara's family does?

But I'm hoping that there will be no chucking and little angst (as you have said). Well done. Debra

---

"Your little will can't do anything. It takes Great Determination. Great Determination doesn't mean just you making an effort. It means the whole universe is behind you and with you - the birds, trees, sky, moon, and ten directions." - Katagiri Roshi

PostPosted: Wed Feb 11, 2004 4:33 pm 
That was a gorgeous kiss. Gave me little tingly feelings.

I really really enjoy this story. Keep it up. :)

-Kristyn

PostPosted: Wed Feb 11, 2004 8:33 pm 
Just responding to the feedback, Chapter 13 will be up after work tonight...which for all you people in the Nothern Hemisphere is...well, I don't know when it is, soon alright. :D

Taras Shadow – thanks so much Holly! NANLT was one of the very first W/T fics I read and I loved it! So, in a way all this is your fault...just kidding. Glad you liked the kiss and do you want more fic…or more kissing? It doesn’t matter because I can do both!

Tempest Duer – Dammit for rich people always having big beds…but I had this funny picture of the two of them sitting in opposite sides of this great big bed with disgruntled expressions on their faces so I had to write it in!

pikescoob – I’m a bit of a sucker for interruptions, I don’t know why because it probably just pisses people off but I definitely couldn’t have any with their first kiss!

barnabasvamp – I love anything cute, kittens, puppies, love cuteness and Willow-babble was always one of the cutest things about Buffy.

4WiccanLuv – I always deliver on my promises (well, except for the one about keeping the angst light!) I would have loved for Willow not to have fallen asleep and more tender loving smoochies but I think I have to take things nice and slow to keep things true to the time in which this is set. ;)

JustSkipit – Oh no, there are no evil WB executives invading this fic! Be gone you devils! All with the hot girl-on-girl smoochies here, I just wanted to take things slowly.

Often the plots of the old romcom movies were founded around a lie, one character often deceiving others as to who they are or their motives, often leading to much angsty revelations. That was never going to be an option as a major plot device as I didn’t want the whole of this fic to be founded on the fact that Tara had to lie to Willow about who she is, not a good way for a romance to start. Tara will eventually tell Willow everything about her situation, although I don’t think it’s quite the right time yet. So while there are no excuses for lying, I think in this instance it was a good way to highlight the tension between their different classes and the fact that even Willow and Tara cannot help but be affected by it.

Thanks so very much for your insightful comments, I definitely need to think hard about what I write if I want my writing to get any better.

numbered words – And boy did I agonize over writing that kiss, whatever I wrote, it just wasn’t quite what I was going for. I’m really glad you liked it.

Once again, thanks for reading!

-Alcy

“It’s just my imagination. Some people have flat feet. Some people have dandruff. I have this appalling imagination…”

The Seven Year Itch.

PostPosted: Wed Feb 11, 2004 8:42 pm 
Hello Kittens-

Well, that kiss took a while, but it was worth it. In the best movies there has to be that long chase with twists and turns. Fortunately here at the Kitten Mind Theater the credits aren't rolling and a big heart shape with 'The End' in it won't show up for a little while.

I'm starting to think I need to get one of those old movie channels.

Jixer

PostPosted: Thu Feb 12, 2004 6:09 am 
Hi there. I just wanted to drop by to say that I read this all the way from chapter one last night, and it is so incredibly sweet I couldn't have kept the smile off my face if I'd wanted to. And to ask if I could please host this story on Through the Looking-glass ( alia.customer.netspace.net.au/glass.htm ), if that's okay with you?

This is incredible well crafted - the feel of the old romance movies you mention is there in spades, the chemistry between Willow and Tara is spot on, that declaration of love under the stained glass of Notre Dame was just... this is exactly where the word 'swoon' was coined to be used :)

If you'd like me to host the story, and want your email address on it, you can email it to me at alia@netspace.net.au - you needn't have an email address though, it's up to you. I'd absolutely love to add this to the collection of Willow/Tara uber-fics, so I hope you'll say yes.

Thanks again for the story, and many smiles, and I hope it'll continue for many chapters to come.

PostPosted: Thu Feb 12, 2004 7:02 am 
More feedback first:

jixer: yes, it took me long enough to get around to the kissing part...I only wish I could see that on the big screen! And no, end no where in sight I'm afraid...even for me, oh dear :eek

Artemis: Thanks so much for your kind offer to host my little baby, chapters 1-12 are currently winging their way to you.

I'm really glad you're enjoying it so far, there's so many things to keep in check and I often despair that I will lose track of all my ideas and thoughts. Here's hoping I don't. And woohoo, i got a swoon!

Setting a few more pavers on the angst road everyone...

Chapter Thirteen – “Baby, don’t worry.”

What on earth is that wonderful smell? Tara wrinkled her nose in concentration as she slowly made the transition from the land of dreams to the waking world. Usually waking up was one of the most unpleasant events of the day as it meant she had an entire day still to face. Of her father, of Donny…of the world in general. Some mornings, it was so very hard to get out of bed.

Her dreams however were a completely different story. Her dreams had been absolutely wonderful, filled with images of a beautiful and bubbly redhead - laughing, babbling…kissing. No, Tara most definitely did not want to wake up.

Still, she reluctantly opened her eyes and found it was still quite early. The first rays of sun were only just beginning to shine through gaps in the drapes. Tara yawned and tried to sit up until realising there was a snug form tucked under the crook of her arm. Tara looked down and saw red hair fanning out across her chest, a small fist was curled beneath the cutest chin. Without a doubt she had found the source of the wonderful smell. If it wasn’t for the smell then she might very well have believed herself still stuck in her dreams. A little hesitantly, Tara reached out stroked Willow’s cheek with light fingertips…she was really there. The redhead smiled in her sleep,

“All hands to the deck, the donkeys are dancing!”

Tara grinned, Willow even babbled in her sleep…how cute and so very Willow.

“Willow…wake up…it’s a gorgeous day,” Tara whispered in her ear, continuing to stroke her cheek.

Willow frowned and her fist clenched a little tighter, “Vampires aren’t real, don’t be silly Buffy...”

Tara giggled, “Willow…”

Willow jumped, startled in her sleep and her fist smacked Tara in the nose while she was still asleep.

“Ow!” Tara felt tears spring to her eyes as she held her nose, continuing to watch the redhead and deciding against shaking her awake for fear of losing an eye.

However, Willow woke herself moments later. Eyelids slowly peeled back to reveal green eyes, hazy and somewhat unfocused. She rolled over, off Tara’s chest and sat up as she rubbed her eyes. Tara decided she looked just like a little kitten. Willow then turned back to face Tara, blinking a few times before really seeing the blonde looking at her.

“Do I smell bad or something?” Willow asked, when Tara looked puzzled she continued, “You’re holding your nose…don’t people do that when there’s a bad smell in the air.”

Tara laughed lightly and took her hand away. She propped herself up on her elbows and sniffed playfully. The smell in the air was really wonderful. Just as it had been when she woke. She elected against telling Willow about smacking her in the face…but then again, maybe it would get her a shower of apology kisses…

“No bad smell sweetie…far from it,” Tara nestled her head back into the pillow so Willow could burrow back into her side.

A small grin crept across her face and Willow nuzzled Tara’s neck playfully.

“It’s only been one time and I’ve already decided that waking up next to you is by far the best way to wake up,” she stated firmly, “It even beats waking up to a plate of steaming waffles and that’s saying something. If only I had realised sooner, I could have been waking up this way for the past few weeks.”

“You should have spoken to Giles, I think he knew before we did,” Tara laughed lightly until a horrible thought struck her mind,” Giles! Oh gosh! He’ll be worried sick wondering where I am and work! I’m supposed to be working.”

Tara sat up and frantically looked around for her clothes. Willow was there with a hand on her shoulder, calm and steady.

“Stop worrying so much…we’ll have a shower, grab some breakfast and be back to your hotel before it’s even 8am…and Giles knows you were visiting with me last night,” Willow frowned at the look on Tara’s face, it was a barely recognisable look of consternation…yet Willow was becoming quite adept at recognising her girlfriend’s expressions. Tara was most definitely worried about something, “I said don’t worry…it’ll be fine, Giles…”

We’ll have a shower?” Tara asked quietly, her tone almost saying ‘how dare you suggest such a thing.’

Willow’s eyes were like saucers, “I just meant that we’ll both take a shower of course…one after the other, not at the same time….first you, then me or which ever way suits you best. I-I was going to suggest that I’d come with you…come with you to your hotel, not the shower! No nakedness at all…well, yes we would be naked, but not together…”

Tara burst out laughing uncontrollably and Willow just stared in confusion. By the time Tara regained enough of her breath to get out a sentence, poor Willow was close to a nervous breakdown wondering if she were in trouble or not.

“You should see your face…I was kidding!” the blonde admitted.

Willow pouted indignantly and without any warning, began tickling Tara mercilessly. She found, much to her delight, that Tara was very ticklish indeed. The one-sided fun became a little more complicated when Tara discovered Willow to be just as ticklish. In moments they were both rolling all over the huge expanse of bed trying to get the upper hand. It was a very pleasant experience, not only did each girl love to hear the other laugh…it was a very good excuse for a lot of touching. They both yelped as they rolled straight over the other side of the bed, ending up in a tangle of limbs and bed sheets. Tara landed with a thud on the hard floor and Willow fell heavily on top of her.

“Sorry!” Willow apologised with a red face.

“Don’t be,” Tara said softly, the impact had indeed jarred her a little but the pain was insignificant next to the feel of Willow’s warmth atop her.

She also noted that Willow had been quick to apologise but not at all in a hurry to be moving anywhere. They lay, their bodies pressed tightly together with only the thin cotton of their nightgowns separating their skin. Willow reached up to smooth Tara’s hair from her eyes with the flat of her hand. The hand lingered on Tara’s head, thumb caressing her temple. With the barest of hesitation this time, Willow lowered her lips to Tara’s and memories of how wonderful it had been the previous night came flooding back to them both. Only this time it was just as new…just as exhilarating. Willow was stroking Tara’s arm with her other hand but in the heat of the moment she moved it to Tara’s chest. Her hand sought and found the firm mound of her breast. Tara gasped through the kiss as Willow stroked it with the touch of someone a little unsure but not lacking in any enthusiasm. Waves of heat spread out from her nipple as it reacted to the stimulation of Willow’s fingertips.

Tara felt like she was floating, she couldn’t feel the cold floor against her back…only the warmth of Willow pressed against her entire body. Willow’s thigh nudged between her legs and she let out an involuntary moan, moving her hips to encourage her.

A loud rap on the door brought them both back to their senses. Willow almost scrambled off Tara before she remembered the door was safely locked.

“Willow! Willow Rosenberg…what on earth was all that squealing?” it was Aunt Elizabeth, “You almost gave me a heart attack.”

“Ah, there was a spider…” Willow bit her lip to stifle a giggle as Tara looked up at her, eyes shining with merriment.

“Nonsense! There are no spiders in my house…breakfast is ready, be down directly wont you,” it wasn’t a request, it was an order.

“Yes Aunt Elizabeth,” Willow replied before turning her full attention back to the beautiful woman trapped beneath her, content just to have a good stare for a few moments.

Willow was surprised to find tears springing to her eyes as they drank in every detail of Tara’s face. She was so beautiful, not just her features but Willow felt she could look into her eyes and there find everything as good and kind a person as ever there was. There was a dull ache between her legs and she flushed bright red as she recognised the pain of wanting someone so very badly. Willow drew in a deep breath and kissed Tara lingeringly as though it were for the last time even though both girls knew there would be plenty more kisses to come.

“We should hurry,” Willow said as she drew back, licking her lips to find them tasting of Tara, “She doesn’t like to be kept waiting.”

“Why are you crying?” Tara asked softly as Willow pulled her to her feet, straight up into her arms.

Willow stroked Tara’s back with firm hands, keeping her close for a just a moment more. She sniffed back the unshed tears and smiled brightly.

“Not crying…was just about to sneeze that’s all,” Willow said quietly, “Now how about that shower before we head down to face dragon lady.”

“I can’t believe she invited you over for dinner,” Willow said excitedly, “She must really like you…wait a minute…I wonder if I should be worried?”

“Don’t remind me,” Tara rolled her eyes playfully, “Just as long as I don’t have to sit next to her.”

“No…you’ll be sitting next to me of course,” Willow winked and placed a hand on Tara’s knee.

The two girls were in the library at the university of Paris doing some research for Giles. It was a very isolated and quiet area, they hadn’t seen a single person for the past hour. The were perched on a very broad window sill, books piled about them haphazardly. They sat close enough together so that their knees were touching comfortably and yet not so close that anyone would think anything of it if they were seen.

As they sat and read in silence, Willow realised just how amazingly comfortable she was. Not a moment went by when she wasn’t aware of Tara’s presence, yet it was so natural and familiar. It was as though they were made to be in the same space as one another.

Tara marked yet another key page of text with a small piece of paper and set the book aside. Her eyes ached from doing so much reading. Gazing at Willow however, quickly made the ache disappear. Willow was so cute while she was reading. Her brow furrowed every now and then as though she were having an intense academic debate in her mind. A tiny pink corner of her tongue protruded from her mouth in concentration. Willow-tongue, Tara thought with a pleasant little jolt as she remembered just how it tasted on her own. Willow glanced up, catching Tara staring at her,

“What’s up?” Willow asked with a smile

“You!” Tara replied, “It should be illegal for you to be so damn cute, how am I supposed to go back to reading?”

“So damn cute? I’m not even putting on my cute face. I’m only reading!” Willow set her book down and leaned forward so their lips were almost touching, “How about now…am I still cute?”

Tara felt Willow’s warm breath on her lips as she spoke, it was driving her crazy, she exhaled before being able to say anything, “Cute…and sexy.”

Willow closed the last fraction of distance between them and brought her lips against Tara’s…barely brushing them at first. Tara let out a involuntary whimper of need. A part of her was annoyed that Willow would tease her so and yet at the same time, a part of her enjoyed the teasing immensely. It hinted at what was to come. Just thinking the tantalising thoughts of Willow’s mouth on hers made her feel flushed and breathless. Willow stayed within a hairsbreadth of Tara’s lips but didn’t make a move, Tara finally made it herself. Her lips closed over Willow’s, hungry for another taste.

Tara closed her eyes, losing herself in the feel of exploring every bit of Willow’s lips with her own. Suddenly, Willow pulled back and Tara opened her eyes to see Willow looking over her shoulder with wide eyes.

“Giles!” Willow said quickly, immediately blushing a bright red.

They disentangled themselves from one another and sat with sheepish expressions as he pulled up a nearby chair to join them. Willow however left her hand resting lightly on Tara’s knee, caressing with her thumb. Tara licked her lips discreetly, still tasting Willow.

“So, what have you found out for me?” if Giles was the slightest bit embarrassed after interrupting them, he didn’t let it show. He nodded in the direction of the pile of books.

“Oh, heaps,” Tara replied quickly, hoping that Giles didn’t think they had completely been ignoring the task he had given them to concentrate on each other, “It’s been fascinating really.”

Giles smiled and gave her a look that said ‘I’m sure it has.’ Tara ducked her head as she handed him a stack of notes they had collected and some books with key pages tabbed. Giles flicked through it for a few moments, nodding at intervals. As he did so, Willow and Tara smirked playfully at one another. Willow poked her tongue out and Tara mouthed soundlessly, “Stop it.”

“This is excellent work girls, thank you very much for your effort,” Giles looked up from his reading.

“Willow’s a brain,” Tara said with pride in her voice, she looked at her girlfriend with a broad smile.

“Hey, you’re not supposed to tell people!” Willow looked indignant but she gave Tara’s knee a playful squeeze, she didn’t really mind people finding out about her.

Giles set the information the girls had collected for him aside and removed his glasses. He began cleaning them with an intensity Tara only remembered seeing when he was really anxious about something. She frowned, not knowing whether it was something she should ask about or not. Tara had learnt that sometimes it was better not to pry…

“Speaking of telling people things…” Giles spoke up before Tara said anything and his tone unsettled both girls. Far removed from his earlier jovial tone, he was quite serious, “Can I have a quick word with you two about…well, you two.”

“Us two?” Willow asked casting a worried glance at Tara, “Well, I supposed you would call us a two, yup, us two are definitely a two…what about us two?”

Giles looked slightly uncomfortable as he shifted in his chair, “I’m don’t want to alarm you or anything…”

“Alarm us?” Tara placed her hand over Willow’s on her knee, “Giles?”

“I just feel like it’s not really my place to say anything about this but I feel if I don’t…”

“Giles, you can say anything you want to us, whatever it is…w-we p-probably need to hear it,” Tara couldn’t help but let a hint of worry creep into her voice as she realised what it was that Giles was most likely to be concerned about.

Giles put his glasses back on and continued, “Have you girls thought much of this though?…I mean, have you talked about what you’re going to do when you return to New York. How your respective families are going to react to this? I don’t know anything about your parents Willow…but Tara, I suspect that your father will be far from happy.”

Tara ducked her head. Saying that her father would be far from happy was the understatement of the century. Not only had she run away from home to come to Paris, she had fallen in love. Tara had often suspected the day she told her father she was in love with anyone he would lock her in her room and not let her out until she was twenty-one. So, even if there had ever been someone, falling in love hadn’t even been an option…until now. She had fallen in love with a girl. Oh…but not just any girl…with Willow. Willow was talking now, Tara listened calmly,

“I think understand what you are trying to say Giles. It’s easy to forget where we come from here, I mean in Paris it seems as though everything is possible…b-but are you saying we shouldn’t see each other in New York, because if you are…”

Giles shook his head quickly, “No Willow…all I’m saying is be careful…I would hate for anything to happen to either of you…people can be far from kind in the face of differences.”

“B-but everything is possible right?” Tara wished that Giles could give them answers, solve their problems and yet she knew that wasn’t why he was saying what he was saying.

“All I can say is be honest, the both of you, you can’t live a lie for long before it starts to eat away at you and destroy the beautiful thing that you have. I just want you both to be happy. You mean a lot to me Tara…and if Willow is the person who is going to make you happy…”

“She is,” Tara replied confidently, entwining her fingers with Willow’s.

“Then I wish you both nothing but the best…I’m here for you, even if it seems that no one else is…but you both have families, parents…those are things I have no control over…I wish I could help but…”

“Giles,” Tara saw he was having trouble finding the right words to say. She reached out with her free hand, laying it on his forearm, “Thank you for everything.”

He smiled warmly at them both before gathering up the information they had collected for him. Brushing one finger lightly against Tara’s cheek, he then left them sitting alone in the library with their thoughts. At first they just sat as they had been sitting the whole time Giles had been there. Knees just touching, their hands resting entwined on Tara’s knee. A myriad of thoughts were racing through each of their minds. Mostly they thought of their respective families, imaging their reactions…and always coming up with something unpleasant. Willow reached up to place her other hand on the side of Tara’s head, pulling her down so she rested on her shoulder.

“Baby, don’t…”

“…worry,” Tara finished with a sad smile, “I know Willow, I just can’t help it.”

“Whatever happens when we do go home, I’m not going to leave you…no matter what,” Willow said firmly.

“You can’t say that Willow, there are some promises that you just can’t keep…no matter how resolute your intentions are.”

“Tara…look at me.”

Tara raised her head to look Willow in the eye. She looked into the bright green depths, liquid with unshed tears. In those eyes she saw so much love it was both comforting and upsetting. Upsetting in the fact that she was unsure whether or not she could live up to all that was held in that gaze.

“I b-believe you Willow,” Tara whispered, refusing to let herself cry.

Whatever they felt for one another, however real to them it was…Tara was still scared that it might seem to be meaningless if everyone around them failed to accept it. Although it would always be real between them, if everyone they ever knew turned their backs on the two of them…would all the promise held in Willow’s gaze fall apart? If they felt they had to fight everyone in order to stay together, would they would lose the reason they were together in the first place?

Tara knew she had no control over how people reacted. There were stereotypes and stigmas attached to what she and Willow shared that could not be displaced for all her wishing they could. All she could do was share all of herself with Willow in order to make their relationship stronger. All I can say is be honest…

“W-Willow, there’s something…” There’s something I have to tell you about me…why is this so hard? Tara, you walked out on your family, you can’t go back and she has every right to know…

But Willow glanced down at her watch, “Oh gosh darn it, look at the time….we had better get going, Aunt Elizabeth dines at six and by six I mean 6pm sharp…heaven help anyone who isn’t seated at 6pm!”

“Dinner with the dragon it is!” Tara responded quickly, undeniably relieved. She tried to push their conversation as far to the back of her mind as she could, “Do you promise I won’t have to sit next to her?”

“I promise baby,” Willow smiled and kissed her lightly on the cheek before they set about collecting their things, “Sorry…what was it you were about to say?”

“Huh…w-when?”

“Just now. Didn’t I interrupt you?”

“Ah…it d-doesn’t matter. W-we can talk about later sweetie,” Tara hoped down from the window sill and began tidying their mess, “We have to get going.”

Tara’s return smile was empty. She looked across to Willow as she gathered up their books and felt horrible. The last thing on earth she wanted to do was lie to the girl she loved…and yet how was she to tell her about her father, about leaving home? It made her shiver to think of what her father might do when he found her. The last thing she wanted was for Willow to see where she came from…the type of people she came from. Willow shouldn’t have to be a part of that, it wasn’t her problem.

Yes it is…she loves you and even if you try to keep it away from her…she will make it her problem…you know because you’d do the same with her.

Tara hadn’t a clue as to what she was going to do. The only thing she knew for sure was that nothing lasted forever, even holidays in Paris.

What about love? That’s forever isn’t it?

Tara knew everyone would find out the truth eventually. When that time came, she really didn’t want to be anywhere in the vicinity.

TBC in Chapter Fourteen – “What’s for Dinner?”

“It’s just my imagination. Some people have flat feet. Some people have dandruff. I have this appalling imagination…”

The Seven Year Itch.

Edited by: KiwiAlcyone at: 2/12/04 6:44 am

PostPosted: Thu Feb 12, 2004 1:12 pm 
Ooh, you're beginnign to set it up, wonderful. They are going to have to figure out how to get along without anybody if they want to make it work. I like the natural progression of things here, very believable amd very romantic.

- - - - - - - - - - -
"Hard work often pays off after time but laziness always pays off now!"

PostPosted: Thu Feb 12, 2004 6:48 pm 
Quote:
“Dinner with the dragon it is!” Tara responded quickly
Oh, I'm guessing this dinner will be very interesting! :boot

Young love :heart So sweet!

BV

PostPosted: Thu Feb 12, 2004 11:01 pm 
Hey, dragons are cute, cuddly and firey! You do them a disservice by comparing them to Willow's nasty aunt! She's more of a gargoyle, if you ask me.

I'm obsessed with dragons. I think I must have been one in a past life.

Willow: Hey Buff. One more thing. Buffy: Yeah? Willow: I’m gay. Buffy: Okay, Will. Xander owes me ten bucks.

PostPosted: Fri Feb 13, 2004 4:50 am 
We can see here how the girls' different life experiences have formed their outlook. Willow, from her priviledged background, has a breezy confidence that everything will be alright. She confidently makes promises, and doesn't really worry too much about the future.

Tara, on the other hand, has been taught by her life that any goodness or happiness can and will quickly be destroyed. So, she tries to hide. She loses her courage, and decides she can't tell Willow about her family situation. Yet, sooner rather than later, Willow will have to know. So will Giles, for that matter; he needs to be prepared for what will await on their return. The hopeful sign is that Tara really knows this: "she loves you and even if you try to keep it away from her…she will make it her problem…you know because you’d do the same with her."

Russ

PostPosted: Fri Feb 13, 2004 3:52 pm 
Quote:
"You!" Tara replied, "It should be illegal for you to be so damn cute

I agree wholeheartedly with Tara! :heart I love the way you write Willow and her shower babble was priceless, thank you. :laugh And goodie…more smoochies! ;)

I wish Giles could've been Tara's father…but in a way, he is and so much more. :love I'm glad he's so supportive and gave them a dose of reality. It might help them prepare for that up hill battle they will surely face once they're home.

Truly lovin' this story! :bow

"Those are my principles. If you don't like them I have others." - Groucho Marx

PostPosted: Fri Feb 13, 2004 6:07 pm 
Cool update *grin* Stupid stuffy aunt interrupting the morning smoochies and roamy hands! Poor Tara...struggling to find the strength to tell Willow about her father and brother...but I'm sure Willow will be all supportive and stuff once she does.

Michelle

PostPosted: Sun Feb 15, 2004 2:19 pm 
Hey! A continued good job! I'm glad that Giles is concerned but not 100% sure that his admonition is well-timed. I mean the girls have been a couple for 2 days and he's a killjoy? I know he has their best interests at heart. It seems to me that in a way, Tara has it better. I say that because she has already discarded the "family" that she had. She is making it on her own and ready to work during her life. Willow, on the other hand, has presumably been trained for nothing more than living off her parents and then "making a good match." One can assume that neither her parents or her social circle are likely to find Tara said "good match." So it seems to me that Willow is in much greater danger of rejection, etc.

At the same time, I have trust that you will pull them through well. Well done. Debra

PostPosted: Sun Feb 15, 2004 5:53 pm 
Hello Kittens-

There's obstacles on the road ahead, like nearly everything, but they at least have a small idea what's coming. Now I'm wondering how the story is going to end, and hoping I won't need Kleenex!

Jixer

Post subject: Chapter 14
PostPosted: Sun Feb 15, 2004 8:36 pm 
xita: I hope things are progressing naturally, it’s hard to keep things slow when all the while you know they make such a perfect couple but we’ve got time!

barnabasvamp: dinner’s with stuffy people are always interesting…or not, but this one is I hope. :D

Tempest Duer: Sorry for doing such a disservice to dragons throughout the universe, I wondered why my collection was glaring at me strangely. I fixed it in this chapter, hopefully dragons everywhere will feel much better…

russ: It’s easy to think life is all puppies and kittens when you come from a world where you have everything. Willow’s life hasn’t been perfect but she is used to always fitting in, having everything so that would make it harder for her to realise how difficult it is going to be for them to gain acceptance. It also means she’s going to take it harder when she finally does realise that she may not be able to keep her promises.

4WiccanLuv: I love Giles and he is very good at spotting things, being realistic...because he’s well, English…heh, I’m sure that has nothing to do with it really! And I’m glad you liked the shower babble, I was giggling while I wrote it.

pikescoob: Yay for smoochies. And yes, I thought Tara would struggle trying to tell Willow about her family. Especially since they’ve only just found each other, she doesn’t want to ruin anything and so she will be very reluctant to tell Willow.

JustSkipit: You make a very good point. As I said above, I’m finding it a little difficult to take things slowly when you already know that Willow and Tara will be a perfectly formed couple. So while guilty as charged in this respect, the warning had to come from someone at some stage, and even though it is a little early, the fact that it comes from someone who loves them as much as Giles makes it a little easier to stomach, I hope anyways.

The different social circles they both move in are always going to affect their relationship. How people are raised often determines how they look at the world, at the people around them and how they treat people. All I can say is that it is going to be interesting writing all these reactions that you know have to happen at some stage.

I hope I live up to your trust! I promise to try and take good care of them.

jixer: here’s a box of Kleenex! Sorry, I can’t help myself…but you won’t need it just yet. I’m easing off a bit and returning to lighter moments for a few chapters…do I hear a chorus of people saying ‘thank goodness.’?!

Chapter Fourteen – “What’s for Dinner?”

“Are you sure I look alright?” Tara stood, surveying herself in the hallway mirror, smoothing her outfit all over with the palms of her hands, straightening her skirt several times, “I’m not so sure…”

Willow appeared in the mirror behind her, arms sneaking around to circle Tara’s waist as she peered over her shoulder. Tara lent her head against Willow’s, for a moment both girls forgot they were standing in the hallway just outside the main dining room. Breathing in the scent of Willow’s hair, Tara let a warm smile cross her features. Just the warmth of Willow’s body pressed against hers was enough to make her realise that Willow loved her. Something she had never expected to feel. Tara had never felt so safe as she did when she was in Willow’s arms.

“You look absolutely delicious,” Willow whispered in Tara’s ear.

Tara made a noise of exasperation but the smouldering look in her eyes betrayed her as something other than exasperated, “Willow, I’m not going for ‘delicious’, I’m going for presentable and well-mannered.”

“I know…and you’ve achieved it perfectly, I just can’t help but find you delicious in everything you wear.”

“Vixen,” Tara muttered, kissing the top of Willow’s head.

Hand in had, the two girls made their way to the dining room entrance, where they stopped dead in their tracks before they entered. Willow glanced at Tara and the two of them peered around the corner to see into the dining room. They saw that everyone bar them was seated already. Aunt Elizabeth, at the head of the table…Willow’s cousins, Claude and Jean-Pierre to her left. As well as an assorted collection of important family associates who appeared altogether frightening to Tara. These were the type of people who took shrimp pastries from trays, all the while never looking at the person who held the tray. People she had no clue how to deal with.

“Into the lion’s den,” Tara whispered, clutching the door frame for support.

Willow reached down and placed a familiar hand on Tara’s hip, letting it rest there lightly for a few moments before she spoke, “We can do this.”

We can,” Tara whispered in reply.

Willow lead the way into the dining room, all eyes turned towards them. Tara following at a close distance behind her. Willow lent down and placed a light kiss on Aunt Elizabeth’s cheek and Tara hesitated briefly, wondering if she was expected to do so as well. She elected against it…much to her relief…and sat beside Willow, crossing her hands in her lap and staring intently at them.

The meal started with an entrée and Tara stared in horror when she saw it was shrimp salad. Willow had noticed too and she was now looking at Tara out of the corner of her eye. Tara shrugged questioningly. She had no idea whether it would be impolite to leave the salad completely untouched on her plate…or if she ought to eat it and risk the nasty, life-threatening consequences. Willow solved the problem simply. Looking to see that no one was paying them much mind, she discreetly ate most of Tara’s salad. All the while her little nose was wrinkled at the disgusting taste of shrimp.

“I once learnt my lesson when I announced I wouldn’t eat the boiled sprouts…she takes it’s personally…even though it’s not like she cooked it herself or anything!” Willow leant over and said quietly to Tara as she swallowed down another mouthful of lettuce and shrimp.

“All with the not offending here,” Tara smiled back, “Thanks.”

“How’s the salad Tara?” Aunt Elizabeth asked the blonde, who immediately wiped the smile off her face.

“Um, it’s interesting,” Tara replied, shifting more salad around on her plate with her fork.

“Well, all I can say is I’m glad Willow has started spending time with a more well-behaved young lady. The last time I visited there was that rude little girl, what’s her name? Betty!”

“It’s Buffy…and she is not rude, it was just that you insulted her mother!” Willow protested…but in a polite tone.

“Well, her mother is an artist, I mean…an artist of all things!”

“Her mother owns an art gallery…and is one of the most prestigious art dealers in New York,” Willow tried her best to keep her temper, she stabbed a shrimp violently.

“She’s divorced, that’s what she is…it’s simply unnatural,” Aunt Elizabeth ‘hmpfed’ and went back to eating as Willow sat smouldering in her chair.

The main course started and Willow was feeling more than a little antsy. Having had a double helping of shrimp salad, she was full already and not interested in eating. Well, actually the salad had nothing to do with her lack of interest in eating. It was just that her interests lay elsewhere…Being so close to Tara and not being able to touch her was a torment in itself. Even more so than having to sit listening to the mindless dribble coming from the mouth’s of the other people at the table.

Tara had spent most of the evening staring at her food, just concentrating on getting it all into her mouth without making a fuss.

Willow had spent most of her time watching Tara’s mouth move, her throat swallow. She wanted to lean over and bathe Tara’s throat with her tongue.

Tara lifted her fork to her mouth, popping a piece of marinaded chicken in and chewing slowly, careful to kept her mouth closed. She noticed Willow staring at her and turned to regard the redhead. The food on her plate was barely touched, Tara raised her eyebrows and Willow grinned suspiciously. Tara was about to frown until she felt Willow’s hand on her knee, beneath the table. She jumped slightly, the barest of movements, Willow’s Aunt gave them both a hawklike stare over her forkful of roast potato. Willow and Tara smiled sweetly in unison as they resumed eating, Willow’s hand remaining on Tara’s knee. As Elizabeth went back to eating, Willow moved her hand upwards, inching up the hem of Tara’s dress. Tara quickly shoved another piece of chicken in her mouth but the task of eating couldn’t take her mind from the feel of Willow’s hand on her thigh.

Willow watched Tara’s eyes, they were half-lidded, her mouth parted ever so slightly. Her heart was beating a little fast in her boldness but she continued moving upwards in light, feathery touches.

Tara had to set her knife and fork down on her plate lest she drop them completely. She felt acutely aware of her breathing and discreetly looked around to see if anyone was giving her weird looks. No one was paying them any mind, she uncrossed her ankles as Willow’s hand slid to her inner thigh. Sharp sensations were shooting up her legs…Tara clenched her fist, leaning her chin on it.

Willow saw the feelings etched on Tara’s features and wished they could escape from the dinner to be alone. Almost accidentally, her hand brushed ever so lightly over the mound between Tara’s legs. Tara clenched fist slammed down on the table, unluckily landing on the fork which rested on the side of her plate.

Both Willow and Tara watched in horror as the fork went sailing through the air and landed with a dull thud on Aunt Elizabeth’s plate. Its landing sent splashes of marinade all down her bosom. If looks could have killed, Willow would have been drawn and quartered. Tara went bright red, her mouth working soundlessly as though she wanted to apologise quickly…or make her excuses to leave in a hurry.

Aunt Elizabeth set her knife and fork down on her plate all too calmly. She examined the damage wrought before regarding Willow and Tara carefully, “Since you two obviously would rather fling your food around the room than eat…”

“You’re right Aunt Elizabeth,” Willow said quickly, setting her utensils down and sliding her chair back, “Tara, are you done?”

“Full t-to the b-brim,” Tara stuttered, still unable to look up at anyone.

Willow grabbed her hand and the two girls made a quick and hasty exit from the dining room. Once outside they broke into a quick run, up the stairs, not stopping until they reached Willow’s room where they shut the door. Willow immediately broke into a fit of giggles as she sank to the floor with legs like jelly.

Tara lent against the door as though she were expecting people to try and break it down at any moment. As her heart threatened to burst from her chest she reflected on the fact that spending time with Willow was anything but boring. It was more like being in the middle of a miniature storm, things flying at you from all angles. Up until the point where Willow had flown into her life, everything had been so mundane, so unbearably predictable. Now everything was just the opposite…and Tara felt as though she were the happiest person alive.

When no one came to pound on the door, she allowed herself a small grin, sliding to the floor next to Willow. Willow placed an arm around Tara’s shoulders and pulled her close, stroking her hair softly.

“Sorry baby, I guess that whole incident was kinda my fault…hands,” Willow waved the offending hand quickly before tucking it under her arm, she managed to look a little bit guilty about touching her girlfriend.

“I was terrified…” Tara admitted.

“Tell me about it!” Willow added.

“Petrified, I couldn’t move!”

“But did you see the look on her face!”

Tara finally burst into her own fit of giggles and she collapsed against Willow. It had indeed been incredibly amusing. The splatter of marinade down the most unfortunate cracks, the bug eyes and the barely perceptible steam coming from her ears. If it wasn’t such a disaster it would have gone down as one of the greatest triumphs in history. Willow kissed Tara on the top of her head before getting to her feet.

“I think I had better go and smooth things over. They say you should never go to bed angry so I think that theory might work in my favour when I try and convince her not to be boiling mad at us,” Willow said reluctantly.

“I-I should come with you.”

“I’ll be fine…just wait for me and if I don’t come back in an hour, then you can send out the search party.”

Tara nodded and watched Willow go with some gratitude. She was quite sure that if she had joined Willow in her peace mission she would have come across as a dumb idiot, incapable of normal speech.

Willow returned some quarter of an hour later, looking much too pleased with herself to have just returned from a verbal lashing. Tara looked at her questioningly, Willow just continued to grin happily. She held out her hand to Tara.

“There’s something I want you to see.”

“Willow?”

“Come on!” Willow said a little more insistently.

Willow lead Tara through the house, up another floor to the servants quarters. Tara could only follow wordlessly, wondering where her girlfriend was leading her. The only answers she got were secretive little smiles from Willow. She finally came to a halt beside an large, open window.

“Out here,” Willow motioned out the window.

“We can’t climb out the window!” Tara said in alarm, “What if we slide right off the roof?”

“It’s as safe as anything,” Willow clambered out, once outside she held her hand out for Tara to follow.

With trepidation in her glance, Tara took Willow’s hand. Once outside she found this part of the roof to be quite flat and she laughed in delight when she saw what Willow had done.

Tara realised Willow had not gone to smooth things over with Aunt Elizabeth at all, instead she had been busying herself in a far more pleasant chore. A picnic blanket was spread out, complete with pillows. Also, there were two wine glasses and an ice bucket containing a bottle of something. Tara grinned broadly when she saw a small platter of strawberries. Willow returned the grin and lead Tara to the blanket. They sat down facing one another, knees touching. Willow handed a glass to Tara and drew out the bottle with a flourish. The look on her face was somewhat apologetic.

“Grape juice…no one in the kitchens would let me have wine.”

“It’s perfect,” Tara’s eyes twinkled as she held out her glass for Willow to fill it.

Willow filled her own glass and held it up towards Tara in salute.

“So what are we toasting to?” Tara asked, lifting her own glass.

“To flying forks!” Willow laughed and their glasses clinked together.

“And a very well made marinade!” Tara added, glasses clinked again.

Willow’s grin faded to a very warm smile as she watched Tara swallow a sip of grape juice. Tara saw Willow staring at her and tilted her head to one side adorably as she tried to fathom what Willow was thinking.

Willow held up her glass again and whispered, “To Tara, the purest soul I could ever have hoped to meet…to her beauty, her courage…to the love of my life.”

Tara smiled and lent forward as Willow pressed her lips to her cheek softly.

“Willow,” Tara said her name as though it were the most beautiful word capable of being said, “To all that she has shown me…for helping me realise that there is love in the world and that it can find me. To the way she makes me feel…”

Willow set her glass down and then leaned forward to take Tara’s from her. As soon as both glasses were a safe distance away she pounced. Pressing a hand on Tara’s chest she gently motioned her to lie down. Once Tara was nestled safely into the pillows she popped a strawberry into her mouth. Chewing it a few times she then lay along Tara’s length and lowered her lips. Tara grinned just before Willow started kissing her. When their lips were finally pressed together, juicy strawberry filled her mouth. It was coupled with the taste of Willow-lips, the two flavours complementing each other perfectly. Tara easily lost herself in the taste, nothing else mattered in those moments. Not gargoyle-like aunts…or parents who made no effort to understand…it was just her and Willow. It was so right.

When Willow finally stopped, she had to smooth back Tara’s hair from her sweaty forehead, the limp strands clung stubbornly to the sides of her face. Her eyes were glazed slightly, filled with passion…and love.

“Baby, I love you,” Willow whispered, her hands on either side of Tara’s head, cradling it, “Being with you is like watching Fred and Ginger dance…it’s perfect.”

“Complete with orchestral music in the background,” Tara whispered, licking her lips as Willow nestled comfortably onto her chest, chin propped up on her hands.

“Really…cos I didn’t hear…wait…” Willow looked into Tara’s eyes, she grinned, “There it is.”

Tara ran her fingertips up and down Willow’s spine. They were content to gaze at each other for a few moments before Willow rolled over and nestled her head into the pillow next to Tara. Lying in silence with Willow in her arms, Tara couldn’t stop all the thoughts from flying straight back into her head. Willow deserved to know…

“About what Giles was saying yesterday…” Tara began.

“We have the rest of our lives to talk about that…” Willow cut Tara short…before a huge yawn prevented her from saying anything for a few moments, “Tonight it’s just us and snuggles under the stars….but only if that’s alright with you…?”

Willow yawned again and her eyes closed for a few moments before snapping back open as though she suddenly realised she was falling asleep. The stars twinkled down at them, winking familiarly.

“You’re one tired little kitty cat,” Tara stroked Willow’s hair, deciding to leave important revelations for a time when Willow wouldn’t fall asleep half way through the exposition, “You’re right…snuggles and the stars.”

“There’s so many…I can never remember the names,” Willow whispered into Tara’s shoulder, fists tucked beneath her chin.

“Me either…but they’re very pretty.”

“Yeah, very pretty…and…sparkly….” Willow replied in a vague voice.

Tara glanced at Willow to see she was not looking at the stars at all, she was still staring at her with a silly look on her tired face…besotted was probably the word of choice.

TBC in “Chapter Fifteen – Art for Art’s sake.”

The Seven Year Itch.

Post subject: Re: Chapter 14
PostPosted: Sun Feb 15, 2004 11:04 pm 
Aww... how sweet. And yes, Aunt Elizabeth makes a very good gargoyle. The dragon-lovers and dragons thank you.

PostPosted: Mon Feb 16, 2004 3:50 am 
I really love this story. I think it is really sweet. I like the idea with the fork, that would be a picture!! Can't wait to read the next part! Soon i hope?

Luv Hannah

PostPosted: Mon Feb 16, 2004 4:46 pm 
I know the soundtrack to this story is 50s rock & roll, but another type of 50s music came to mind while reading this chapter. As I read it, Dean Martin was singing "That's amore" in my head. When the orchestra came in as they did their rooftop stargazing, Dean sang, "When the stars make you drool just like pasta fazool, that's amore."

"Into the lion's den," indeed. Every time we meet Aunt E. she shows more of her dra... I mean, gargoyle, disposition. God help Willow & Tara when the truth comes to light.

The lighter moments are good (I can just see that fork catapulting gracefully through the air). You're continuing to do a good job of balancing the darker emotions with the humour and romance. I have confidence you'll bring them through the necessary trials & tribulations to the requisite happy ending.

Russ

Post subject: Re
PostPosted: Tue Feb 17, 2004 7:09 am 
I am absolutely loving this fic.....so well done.

LOVE it:)

cant wait to read more...and more.....and more (please!?) lol

*hugz*

~Gabs

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 448 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7 ... 15  Next