The Kitten, the Witches and the Bad Wardrobe - Willow & Tara Forever

General Chat  || Kitten  || WaV  || Pens  || Mi2  || GMP  || TiE  || FAQ  || Feed - The Kitten, the Witches and the Bad Wardrobe

All times are UTC - 8 hours [ DST ]

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 193 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 3, 4, 5, 6, 7  Next
 Post subject: Re: Adult Confidential (Follow-On to CC) [AU] 04/20/16
PostPosted: Fri Apr 22, 2016 1:50 pm 
7. Teeny Tinkerbell Light

Hi Laragh, thanks for your warm welcome back. Unfortunately I have to wait until august for the results of the written exam. Now I just try to forget everything I wrote and not torture myself with thoughts about what I did wrong...

Very nice anniversary for our girls. I imagine the view out of the windows must have been breathtaking and can understand that it added a certain "kick" to their lovemaking.

Quote:
Willow ended up swinging back on her elbows and stared at Tara, stunned.

“There is something so incredibly sexy about you standing there exposed at all angles…even though I know no one can see in. Like I can show you off to the world while still being all mine, mine, mine.”

Willow being a "helpless victim" to the pompous waiter was funny:

Quote:
The waiter arched his perfectly sculpted eyebrow.

“Do you mean the Rain Crow Ranch grass fed tenderloin filet with triple cooked pommes frites and poêlée de champignons des bois?”

Willow looked at Tara helplessly.

“Is that what I mean?”
:laugh
This reminded me of their anniversary in Family Confidential when Willow triumphs over another pompous waiter by pretending that she can only eat next to cascading water or something like that.

Now I'm really curious what event in the next few months will induce Willow to change her plans and propose to Tara although her job situation is still unsolved...

Post subject: Re: Adult Confidential (Follow-On to CC) [AU] 04/27/16
PostPosted: Wed Apr 27, 2016 10:15 am 
Ms. Moderator Fantastico
Ms. Moderator Fantastico

Topics: 53
zampsa19752001

Quote:
Dibs-y Goodness :applause :banana :bounce

You won it back!

Quote:
Yay for excellent update-y goodness... I loved their anniversary celebrations...

Glad to hear it :)

Thanks for commenting!

Will’s redemption

Quote:
Hi Laragh, thanks for your warm welcome back. Unfortunately I have to wait until august for the results of the written exam. Now I just try to forget everything I wrote and not torture myself with thoughts about what I did wrong...

:ashamed that sounds like a long wait...but best of luck!

Quote:
Very nice anniversary for our girls. I imagine the view out of the windows must have been breathtaking and can understand that it added a certain "kick" to their lovemaking.

I sort of wish I'd gone back to them at night because above a twinkly city it would probably be amazing but I struggle with being repetitive.

Quote:
Willow being a "helpless victim" to the pompous waiter was funny:

The french got her. Why do pompous people never speak high school level Spanish?

Quote:
This reminded me of their anniversary in Family Confidential when Willow triumphs over another pompous waiter by pretending that she can only eat next to cascading water or something like that.

It was the Maître d' that time...I think Willow took this experience and used it as ammunition for teasing the Maître d' all those years later!

Quote:
Now I'm really curious what event in the next few months will induce Willow to change her plans and propose to Tara although her job situation is still unsolved...

I'll give you a hint, since it isn't really a spoiler that they get engaged: it's already happened.

Thanks for your feedback!

Update Directly Below

Check out my finished fics

Love, The SeriesTwo For Joy/21+/Joy To The WorldInevitable/Infinitely

Confidential EternalA Twisted DateDachsund Through The Snow

PostPosted: Wed Apr 27, 2016 10:16 am 
Ms. Moderator Fantastico
Ms. Moderator Fantastico

TITLE: Adult Confidential

WRITER: Laragh

CHAPTER RATING: NC-17

DISCLAIMER: Willow, Tara and any other characters from the Buffy the Vampire Slayer franchise belong to Joss Whedon, FOX, ME and a whole host of other entities, none of which are me.

SUMMARY: They’ve graduated, now they’re faced with the big, bad world of adulthood…the second part in the prequel series of Hacker Confidential and Family Confidential (and follow-up to College Confidential)

SPOILERS: Perhaps minor references to the show or stealage of dialogue, but nothing that would spoil the series.

Chapter 35

Tara shrugged the paper bag of groceries up in her arms to stop it from falling under her as she ascended the steps towards the apartment.

When she got to the door, she tried to balance the bag with one hand to retrieve her key, but when her apples almost went flying she just leaned in and rapped her knuckles against the door instead.

Willow opened it after a few moments, smiling cheerily.

“Hey you.”

Willow kissed Tara’s cheek and closed the door behind them, then went to a basket of half-folded clean clothes on the table and continued folding them.

Tara couldn’t help but return the smile as she passed by to get the groceries into the kitchen.

“Hello to you, lovely. I’ve never seen you so happy to do laundry,” she commented, looking at Willow curiously as she got her apples safely put in the fruit bowl, “What’re you smiling about?”

Willow grinned mysteriously for a moment, but she couldn’t help but blurt it out.

“I got a job!”

“You did?” Tara asked, delighted, “That’s so great. I didn’t even know you were interviewing.”

“I wasn’t,” Willow replied giddily, “Spotted a ‘help wanted’ sign in a convenience store. They needed a night clerk and I’m it!”

Tara paused with the bread still half in the bag.

“…night?”

Willow nodded eagerly.

“I know it’ll take a while to get used to, but it’s good money and hey, it’s a job. Which I was starting to think I’d never get since my only reference is ‘she’s a customer-abusing liability’.”

“Right,” Tara replied, trying not to show her uncertainty.

“It’s a good thing,” Willow gushed, “Because fewer customers equal less pressure equal less likely for Willow to blow her top. I’ll have to unload deliveries and restock and man the register for the fewer customers that do come in. And the owner didn’t even check my references, saw previous experience in Starbucks and hired me. I don’t think he even noticed it was only for a couple of weeks. It’s perfect!”

“It…sure sounds it,” Tara replied, trying to sound enthusiastic, “Where is it?”

“A store in Roxbury,” Willow answered.

Tara’s eyebrow arched.

“Roxbury? What were you doing in that part of town?”

Willow was bouncing on her feet and clearly on top of the world from her productive day.

“Doing Brian a favour. He had a rare comic book they’d only hold ‘til the end of the day and couldn’t get off work before 6.”

Tara trashed the empty grocery bag, regretting she had forgotten her reusable one.

“That was nice of you.”

Willow juggled with the balled up socks, oblivious to Tara’s uneasy manner.

“I wasn't doing anything and he paid for me to get lunch. Got a burrito with extra guac and Mexican lemonade. Ate it on a little bench, in a park. There were kids playing in the playground. It was nice.”

“It’s 40 minutes away,” Tara commented, a little abruptly.

“An hour at night,” Willow corrected, still beaming as if she wasn’t talking about an extended journey on public transport, “A train and a bus or two buses.”

“That’s a long commute,” Tara reasoned.

Willow barked out a laugh.

“I’ve sent out a million resumes, had a handful of interviews and one, ONE, actual job that I was promptly fired from. I’d commute to Connecticut if I had to. This is a breeze in comparison and it’s 6 days at various times between 9pm to 9am depending on what other cover there is, so it’s good money.”

Tara tried not to balk at the hours or the days.

“Well…you know I’m very proud of you,” she said, hesitating for a moment before continuing, “We won’t get to see much of each other.”

Willow settled the socks and looked up at Tara.

“I’ll have a day off…not consistently, but we’ll at least get an evening together and hopefully sometimes it’s a weekend day.”

Tara could see her doubt was starting to seep into Willow and she knew she had to quash it immediately.

“It’s great. I’m so happy for you. And so proud of you.”

“You are?” Willow asked hopefully.

Tara opened her arms to offer a hug.

“Of course I am.”

Willow hurried over to accept it, squeezing Tara tight.

“That’s all I want; you to be proud of me.”

Tara kissed the top of Willow’s head.

“I’ve always been proud of you.”

“Well now you can be extra-extra proud,” Willow replied happily.

Tara pulled back to hold Willow by the shoulders. She looked her in her eye.

“I am. I mean that.”

And she did.

She’d support Willow all day, every day.

And every night.

Tara rinsed off the last dish from dinner and left it in the dishwasher. She added the detergent and set it to the light cycle.

As she finished off cleaning the kitchen by wiping down the counters, Willow came out from the bedroom in a green polo shirt and black slacks. She lifted her messenger bag from the table and put it across herself.

Tara dropped the cloth in the sink and held back a sigh, instead offering a smile.

“Leaving already?”

Willow nodded.

“Have to get there early for my first day…night…get shown the ropes. And, you know, buses aren’t always reliable and stuff.”

Tara nodded back.

“Of course.”

Willow stopped adjusting her bag and looked over to Tara.

“Are you okay?”

Tara forced her lips to remain quirked upwards.

“I’m just great,” she said and walked around to offer Willow an encouraging kiss on the cheek, “Lots of luck, sweetie.”

“Thanks,” Willow replied, holding onto the strap on her bag like a freshman on the first day of school, “So I guess I’ll see you in the A.M.”

“I will see you then,” Tara confirmed.

She pecked Willow again and waved her goodbye before shutting the door as Willow left.

She stared at the empty room for a few moments before pushing herself off the door again.

She flopped down on the couch, exhaled slowly and grabbed the remote to acquaint herself with her new evening companion.

Two rickety bus rides later, Willow arrived not far away from her new place of employment.

The streets were dark and a couple of street lights were out, so she hurried around the corner to the convenience store.

The overhead lights flickered as she walked in and a little bell rang. She hoped that wouldn’t get annoying.

She braced herself and walked over to the sales counter.

There were two men behind it; one, a young looking high school or college student, staring ahead, bored and the other a man in his mid-late twenties, seeming uninterested as he tried to unjam the cigarette machine.

Willow approached nervously, playing with the strap on her bag.

“Hi…I’m Willow.”

The younger one blinked once at Willow, in what would have seemed patronising if he wasn’t radiating such palpable teenage indifference.

Willow shifted on her feet and tried not to seem intimidated.

“I’m supposed to start work tonight.”

The cigarette machine rattled and a mangled pack of Camels fell out the end. The older guy turned at the same time.

“Oh, new girl. You’re early. Great,” he said as he inspected the cigarettes, not really looking at Willow.

He tossed the cigarettes to the other guy, but took one out to tuck behind his own ear.

“Knock off in a few if you want,” he said, then added on quietly, “Let me get this newbie started.”

The other guy nodded in acknowledgement and pocked the cigarettes quickly. Willow hoped he was at least old enough to buy them legally, but she was pulled away from the situation into the back room before she could ponder it too much.

“Door code is 9321. You got that?”

Willow bristled at the abruptness but quickly nodded, thankful she had an eidetic memory when it came to facts and figures.

The man flicked his wrist towards a little cubby hole in the corner.

“You can leave your stuff in there.”

Willow wasn’t entirely confident for the safety of her possessions, but reasoned she didn’t have much choice. She pushed her bag in with her coat on top so she’d know if anyone tampered with it.

She turned back around and the guy had stepped up close to her, so much so that Willow jumped back in fright. She at least was close enough to read his name tag, Jon.

Jon wasted no time as he began to jab at things on the large noticeboard.

“Shift calendar, stock sheet, delivery sheet. That tells you what needs restocking and when. You’ll do inventory twice a week and the manager – that’s me – will arrange deliveries. There’s the checklist for what needs to be cleaned. Cleaning supplies are in this closet.”

He banged on the door of a small utility closet.

“Safe is in there too. Same code as the door.”

He headed towards the door and knocked on a machine attached to the wall.

“Clock in, clock out. Find your name.”

Willow found her sheet and pulled it in and out of the machine. It clicked her timestamp into place and she returned it to the slot.

Jon was already heading out the door, so Willow had to rush after him. He brought Willow out into the store again and nodded for the teenager to head off, who pretty much ran out of there before he changed his mind.

Jon rushed Willow right over to the cash register and spent no more than 10 seconds conducting a swift example transaction.

“This is the register. Money in, money out, receipt. Don’t leave it open between sales.”

Only for that it was the same kind of register she used in Starbucks, Willow would have been completely lost.

“You know how to face off?” Jon asked as he was still ripping the receipt from the printer.

Willow nodded.

“Sure.”

“Great. Do that,” Jon replied, scrunching the receipt and tossing it in the trash, “That should be it for tonight. Mostly only get truckers or insomniacs at night. The cameras are only for show, so make sure you give the right change. Can’t back you up in a dispute. Got it?”

“I…yes,” Willow replied, trying very hard not to make it sound like a question.

Jon disappeared into the back room again and returned moments later popping his collar on a jacket.

“Are you leaving?” Willow asked, dumbfounded.

Jon paused and looked at her, annoyed.

“You were told there’s only one sales associate on staff at night, right?”

“Right,” Willow replied with a nod, then added on in a mutter, “Just didn’t know I was being thrown into the deep end.”

Willow didn’t know if Jon heard or not, but he didn’t seem to care.

“You’ll get relieved at 6am.”

He didn’t even say goodbye and disappeared out through the doors, clicking the button on his keys to open his car.

Willow stared out the window as he drove away.

“Thanks for the very thorough induction.”

It was the most half-assed training she could have imagined, but Willow had already sensed she was working in a bit of a half-assed place. She would take what she could get, though, and knew things like registers, inventory and stocking appealed to her non-customer based retail skills, if not necessarily her passions.

There were certainly worse ways to spend a paid shift of work.

Like hard labour. In prison.

The store was eerily empty, so Willow dashed in to check the cleaning schedule. She had it memorised in thirty seconds and brought out the mop to start on the floor, which was plenty sticky from the at least one day's worth of feet dragged along it.

She guessed others had not-so-religiously stuck to the schedule, but that wasn’t about to put her off. If it was written, she would do it. She was excited to be able to bring home some extra bacon to Tara.

She cleaned the grease off the hot dog machine, wiped every ledge she could find and faced off every single packet, can and bottle in the store. All without a single customer coming through the doors.

It was pushing into the very wee hours of the morning and Willow was starting to struggle to stay awake. She’d made a strong coffee but it was like sludge and she couldn’t stomach it. Instead, every so often she’d flick herself with water and give her cheek a little slap.

At some stage, at a very dark hour, the bell above the door rang and Willow realised she was very glad it was there as she had been dangerously close to nodding off. Having the whole store robbed on her first night because she fell asleep would have been a less than ideal start to her new job.

A large man in a trucker hat squeaked through the store, filling a 32 ounce cup with soda and concealing two hot dogs under multiple layers of mustard and relish.

Willow tried not to grimace as she rang up the sale and wondered if she should be charging extra for the sheer amount of condiments, but there was no button for that, so she didn’t.

She checked the change, ripped the receipt and handed it all back.

“Thank you, come again,” Willow said, then frowned, hoping she hadn’t inadvertently put on a bad Indian accent too.

Another male customer, young with messy hair and bloodshot eyes stomped in and pushed his way to the counter.

“Gimme 20 Marlboro,” he grumbled.

Willow realised she hadn’t been shown how to use the cigarette machine, but she was able to figure it out after looking at the buttons for a minute.

She placed them on the counter and he scoffed.

“I said reds you dope.”

Willow was pretty sure he hadn't and didn't like being sneered at.

“Hey,” the trucker, who had been on his way out, chirped up, “You be polite to the young lady.”

The man snarled in his direction.

“Or what?”

The trucked took a step towards them and the man suddenly panicked. He grabbed the 'wrong' cigarettes, threw cash down and ran out. Willow tendered the sale and put the change in the little ‘leave a penny, take a penny’ bowl.

“Thank you,” she said graciously to the trucker.

He tipped his hat politely and went back into his truck. Willow smiled at the encounter, grateful for her knight in the peaked hat.

She felt bad for her attitude towards his mustard and vowed to never make a condiment based judgement on a person again.

An hour before she was due to get off work, she started in on replenishing the hot beverage machines, the pastry oven and the breakfast sandwich bar. She loved making everything sit so neatly, even knowing it wouldn’t be long before it was destroyed again. It felt good to have pride in her work.

Just as first bright began to shine in through the windows, a pale girl with long black hair came in wearing much the same uniform as Willow, but a lot more dishevelled. She looked tired as she walked forwards.

“You must be the new night clerk.”

Willow lifted her hand in a wave.

“Yeah. Willow. Hi.”

The girl gave her a withering look.

“Better you than me.”

Willow’s brow furrowed and the girl just let out a long sigh. She looked all around and seemed somewhat pleased with how she found the place.

“You restocked. Thanks,” she said, then nodded behind the counter, “Did you balance your register?”

Willow blinked a few times.

“Umm…”

The girl rolled her eyes.

“Let me guess. No one bothered to show you?”

Willow’s silence answered the question and the girl came behind the counter.

“I can’t wait ‘til I transfer from community college so I can get out of this place,” she muttered, “Let me show you.”

“Thanks, I really appreciate it,” Willow said gratefully.

The girl showed Willow the process and printed the point of sale tally. She switched out the registers and handed Willow hers.

“Go count this, make sure it matches. Then put it in an envelope in the safe.”

Willow went into the back room to count out the register safely and was happy to see it balanced. She secured it away, double checked the safe door and stood for a moment to catch herself and appreciate a first shift well done.

She got her things from her cubby and got her jacket on before heading out again.

“You clock out?” the girl asked.

“Yes,” Willow nodded and lifted her fingers in a wave, “Um, have a nice day.”

The girl paused to look up at her.

“Hey…good luck.”

“…thanks?” Willow replied unsurely, hesitated for a moment, then left.

The cool morning breeze hit her face and made her step up her pace to get around the corner to the bus stop. As she rounded it, she saw one sitting there and ran to catch, delighted when she jumped on moments before the doors closed.

Pleased to not have to sit in the cold, she sat near the front so she could jump off when her first stop came about.

The first bus was only fifteen minutes, which she spent catching up on her social media on her phone, but the second was forty and she found it hard not to snuggle up in a corner to close her eyes.

The last thing she needed was to miss her stop, so she ended up offering her seat to a standing woman. She stood and the regular jostling kept her more than alert to get off at the stop on the end of their street.

She walked up to their building and pressed the code to get in, but was confused when she couldn’t open the door. She tried several more times, growing ever frustrated, until she realised she was putting in the door code for the store.

She blushed and looked around as if someone was ready and waiting to laugh at her, then finally entered the right code and stepped inside. She checked the mail and brought it up to the apartment, where she snuck in quietly as she knew Tara would be getting her last few minutes of sleep.

She left her things down quietly on the table and saw a plate with a sandwich wrapped up there, along with a sticky note in the shape of a heart.

I hope your first day night went well.
Eat up. You know I don’t like you not getting a lunch break.
Love you lots.
T

Willow hadn’t realised how hungry she was and tore into the sandwich. It was her favourite, turkey and Swiss with the perfect amount of mustard.

Mr Trucker Man was nice but Tara definitely has mustard ratios down pat.

She finished the sandwich off in less than two minutes and decided she was just going to head straight to bed. She brushed her teeth, stripped down to her panties and very carefully slid under the covers.

Tara turned over as Willow got into bed and her arm instinctively went around her girlfriend’s waist. Her senses were stirred by more warmth in the bed and her eyelids softly flickered open.

She smiled lazily and reached up to brush a strand of hair from Willow’s brow.

“Hey…”

Willow cuddled in and pressed a kiss into the crook of Tara’s neck.

“Go back to sleep, baby. You don’t need to get up yet.”

Tara settled her cheek on Willow’s chest.

“How’d it go?”

Willow relaxed as she curled some of Tara’s hair between her fingers.

“Yeah, good. Definitely not as…corporate as Starbucks, but that’s okay. Only had about three customers all night.”

Tara nuzzled on the spot, much happier not to be in bed alone any longer.

“I’m so glad it went well, sweetie.”

As she nuzzled she became aware of how bare Willow’s skin was. She turned her lips in and pressed a kiss above Willow’s breast.

Her sleepy eyes glanced upwards to Willow, who looked back with her lips slightly parted.

Tara returned a sloping smirk and quickly looked at the clock to assess how much time they had. She arched her eyebrow suggestively, then continued kissing the bottom of Willow’s collarbone and began to slowly disappear downwards under the blanket.

Willow’s head lolled back softly into the pillow. Her eyes closed to focus on the hum of her body as Tara’s lips left their whisper of caresses on her skin.

She felt the smooth rush of fabric down her legs as Tara pulled her panties off, then the warm press of Tara’s hands on her thighs.

Her thighs were parted and Willow knew she was wet already. She struggled not to try and squeeze them back together.

Her hips made an occasional squirm as Tara kissed her thighs and she began vocalising loud moans when gentle nibbles were brought into play.

Tara loved the sound of a Willow-moan in the morning and slid her hand up to Willow’s stomach, lightly raking her nails there.

She felt the muscles jump and Willow’s thighs tremble while more arousal easily spilled out.

Her tongue fell out at the crease of Willow’s thigh and teased her lips. She felt their little quiver and soothed them with a long, thorough lick.

Willow fell open immediately and Tara had a good view, even under the cloak of the sheet.

Her belly bubbled with desire and one arm wrapped around Willow’s thigh. It kept Willow open and gave Tara some leverage as she moved her head into position.

A moan burst through Willow’s teeth as she felt the first flash of warmth on her clit. Her hips began to move, looking for more.

Tara obliged and didn’t make Willow’s exhausted self wait. She tongued Willow’s clit and used her lips to add in extra sensation. It didn’t take long for the hand on her head to appear, just to make sure she wouldn’t let up.

Willow’s hand floated above the sheet, pressing Tara in every so often when she hit a particularly sensitive spot.

The muscles in her thighs clamped and released and soon her breath was growing short. She bit her lower lip inside her mouth but quickly let go when the orgasm rushed through her, taking the breath from her lungs.

Tara stayed where she was and massaged Willow’s stomach to help unwind the last of that tension. After a few moments passed, she quickly wiped her mouth on the sheet and popped out above.

Willow brought the backs of her hands up to wipe her brow as Tara emerged. Willow stared at her for a moment in awe, then grabbed her cheeks and pulled her down to kiss.

She pulled at Tara’s sleep tank and underwear until their bodies could welcome each other in a grind.

Tara kissed down into Willow’s neck, her body writhing with great need. Willow enjoyed the luxurious press of Tara’s body for several moments before she reached down between them and found her girlfriend’s clit.

Tara gently bit Willow’s neck, who groaned with pleasure. Tara was plenty wet, so Willow slid down and entered her slickly.

Tara squeezed Willow tightly inside and lifted herself up so she was straddling her.

Willow’s eyes greedily roamed Tara’s form but a gentle hip bucking from her girlfriend got her back on track quickly. She angled her hand and started to thrust, while Tara used her body to set the pace she wanted.

Tara dropped her hands to Willow’s chest and gently fondled her breasts. She closed her eyes and took some generous squeezes.

Willow almost grimaced at a particularly hard squeeze, but understood moments later when Tara sat right back and really started to ride her, clearly cresting on a wave.

She watched Tara lose herself, hands tangling in her own hair, then gently tugging it in a desperate need to release any tension.

Willow watched Tara’s hard nipples bounce on her chest and lifted herself into a sitting position to get her mouth around them.

Tara cried out and her hands gripped Willow’s shoulders. A few quick thrusts of her hips into Willow’s lap later and she crumbled into her girlfriend with a keening moan in her ear.

Willow kissed Tara’s neck a few times before collapsing back onto the bed, the exhaustion starting to get the better of her.

Just as Tara was able to pull in a steady breath, the alarm began its shrill bleating.

Tara’s hand went out to turn it off and she rested her hand there for a moment until she was sure her legs would work.

She leaned down and left a lingering kiss on Willow’s sleepy face.

“Goodnight, honey. See you later,” she said, before swinging her legs off the bed.

“Nigh',” Willow mumbled, breath already starting to even out.

Tara went off to start her day, while Willow settled down to end hers.

Post subject: Re: Re: Adult Confidential (Follow-On to CC) [AU] 04/27/16
PostPosted: Wed Apr 27, 2016 9:48 pm 
9. Gay Now

Dibs-y Goodness! :applause :banana :bounce :dumbo

Yay for excellent update-y goodness... Yay-ish for Willow getting a new job, I wonder how long that lasts... I liked the way Tara welcomed Willow back home...

Posting while nude improves your mood...

PostPosted: Mon May 02, 2016 2:47 pm 

Poor Willow, being so desperate about her longterm unemployment that she is that elated to find an obviously pretty crappy job...
I had a bad feeling about this from the start, but these two bits really alarmed me:

Quote:
“Better you than me.”

Quote:
“Hey…good luck.”

Now I suspect that this girl got molested, attacked or robbed on a night shift before...
I really hope nothing bad will happen to Willow - there has to be a reason though for her not working there anymore at the start of HC and for them never mentioning this job in HC and FC (bad memories?). If she gets into some trouble, maybe a nice trucker from Iowa named Riley Finn could come to her rescue (I always liked him in the show and it would be nice to have him sneak into your story...)

Post subject: Re: Adult Confidential (Follow-On to CC) [AU] 05/04/16
PostPosted: Wed May 04, 2016 10:14 am 
Ms. Moderator Fantastico
Ms. Moderator Fantastico

zampsa19752001

Quote:
Dibs-y Goodness! :applause :banana :bounce :dumbo

:D

Quote:
Yay-ish for Willow getting a new job, I wonder how long that lasts...

I think we all know not long :wink

Quote:
I liked the way Tara welcomed Willow back home...

Not the worst way to wake up, right?

Thanks for commenting!

Will's redemption

Quote:
Poor Willow, being so desperate about her longterm unemployment that she is that elated to find an obviously pretty crappy job...

Indeed, it is not a nice position to be in.

Quote:
I had a bad feeling about this from the start, but these two bits really alarmed me:

Oh dear, don't be alarmed...at least not too much! You know she'll be okay!

Quote:
Now I suspect that this girl got molested, attacked or robbed on a night shift before...
I really hope nothing bad will happen to Willow - there has to be a reason though for her not working there anymore at the start of HC and for them never mentioning this job in HC and FC (bad memories?).

All will be revealed in the next couple of chapters...

Quote:
If she gets into some trouble, maybe a nice trucker from Iowa named Riley Finn could come to her rescue (I always liked him in the show and it would be nice to have him sneak into your story...)

I hate Riley. 'Nuff said :P

Thanks for your feedback :)

Update Directly Below

PostPosted: Wed May 04, 2016 10:15 am 
Ms. Moderator Fantastico
Ms. Moderator Fantastico

CHAPTER RATING: PG-13

DISCLAIMER: Willow, Tara and any other characters from the Buffy the Vampire Slayer franchise belong to Joss Whedon, FOX, ME and a whole host of other entities, none of which are me.

SUMMARY: They’ve graduated, now they’re faced with the big, bad world of adulthood…the second part in the prequel series of Hacker Confidential and Family Confidential (and follow-up to College Confidential)

SPOILERS: Perhaps minor references to the show or stealage of dialogue, but nothing that would spoil the series.

Chapter 36

Tara watched Willow pack her work bag, an all-too-familiar sight.

The days had turned into a monotonous drudge of coming home from work, eating while Willow showered and dressed for work, going to sleep alone and maybe fitting in a quickie in the intervening time between when Willow got home and Tara had to get up for work again.

She knew Willow’s work schedule was going to be difficult, but it was really starting to get her down. Willow had been so happy when her first pay check showed up and took so much pride in helping contribute towards bills that Tara hadn’t burdened her with her feelings. She did, however, try to coax some time out of her girlfriend whenever she could.

“We’re doing an Easter egg hunt for some of the kids in group homes this Sunday. Want to come along? I thought you could show the kids your science trick with the egg in the bottle.”

Willow tucked the granola bars she was able to eat behind the counter when there were no customers about, into the side pocket of her bag.

“I have to work that evening and the night before. I’ll be catching up on sleep. Sorry.”

“Well could you take a day off for Passover, then?” Tara suggested hopefully, “You could make your Bubbe’s Matzo Ball Soup.”

Willow looked up, jadedly.

“Tara, I can’t. I’m sorry. Some other time.”

“Every time seems bad for you lately,” Tara commented, her hands turning anxiously in front of her, “We haven’t had any time together in weeks.”

Willow bristled, thinking Tara was referring to her last day off when there had been promises of a steamy night, but she nodded off before anything had happened.

“Look, I’m sorry I fell asleep the other night but I had a long week. I’ll have a day off sometime next week and we can hang out, okay?”

Tara put her hands on the back of a chair to stop them fidgeting.

“You’ve been saying that for six weeks.”

“It’s not my fault our days off have clashed,” Willow returned sharply.

Tara straightened up at the abrupt tone.

“I’m not blaming you.”

Willow zipped up her bag, aggressively.

“Have you forgotten my paycheck let us pay off all of our bills in advance? I didn’t take a single penny for myself.”

Tara didn’t know when the tide had turned into a fight, but she didn’t like it.

“You insisted we do that, I told you to buy yourself something nice!” she defended, her voice starting to tinge with upset, “Why are you attacking me?”

“Because I’m working my ass off for us in a dump and you won’t get off my case!” Willow replied with frustration.

“I’m asking to spend one god damn day together,” Tara said though a breath of annoyance but tried to rein it back in, “I miss you.”

Willow sighed.

“Tara, I’m given shifts, I have to work them. I don’t have any control over this. Don’t you understand? I understand when you have to be on call. You were on call on freakin’ Thanksgiving and Christmas last year.”

Tara held up her hands helplessly.

“I’m just worried. I see what happened when I was overworking happening again. What do you want me to do, just sit back and keep my mouth shut?”

“Well, that'd be a good start,” Willow snapped.

Tara looked like she’d been slapped.

“If I didn't love you so damn much I would!”

She marched into the kitchen, just trying to get away, and ended up fussing over folding and refolding a dishcloth.

Willow knew she’d gone too far but with a furtive look at her watch, she didn’t have the time to address it.

“I have to—”

“Just go,” Tara interrupted without looking up.

Willow put her bag over her chest, took a step towards the door, then looked back.

“I love you, and I’m sorry.”

Tara didn’t answer, and Willow lingered on. She needed to go, but she couldn’t leave that spot.

“Don’t go to bed mad, right? That’s your rule.”

Tara continued staring downwards.

“Maybe it’s easier than going to bed alone.”

“Do you think I don’t miss you too, I can’t stand—” Willow started but had to catch herself when she almost burst into tears, “I can’t do this now. I have to go.”

“Bye,” Tara said, sadly.

Willow still couldn’t make her feet move.

“Are you mad at me?”

Tara just dejectedly shook her head. It broke Willow’s heart in two.

“I’ll see you later?” she said, shifting between one foot and the other uncomfortably.

“Bye, Willow,” Tara echoed, eyes still downcast.

Willow watched as Tara’s eyes creased shut and then as the tears spilled out.

“Tara.”

She strode over and kissed Tara’s cheek, then gently wiped her tears away. Tara leaned into Willow, then pulled her into a tight hug.

“I-I love you,” she said through a sniffle.

“I love you, too,” Willow replied softly, and pulled back to look Tara in the eye, “The next chance I get we’ll sit down and talk properly, okay? I promise.”

Tara nodded but wasn’t too convincing. Willow stalled for a moment, then put up a single finger.

“Wait there,” she said and disappeared into the bedroom, returning moments later with Tara’s bunny, Mr Hoppy, whom she presented to her, “Will he do until I come back?”

Tara offered a hint of a smile as she took her soft toy and held it to her chest.

“Yeah.”

Willow rubbed Tara’s arm gently and affectionately.

“Have a good night, okay?”

Tara nodded.

“You too.”

Willow kissed Tara’s cheek one last time, squeezed her shoulder and reluctantly headed out into her nightly grind.

Tara woke up early, so early that Willow wasn’t even home from work yet.

She’d showered and washed her hair the night before so she wouldn’t have to face the spray of water so early, a shuddering thought. She was very much appreciating that decision as she forced herself out of bed. Somewhat groggily, she just about managed to pull on the bright dress and leggings she’d left out, chosen for their festive Easter colours.

Originally she had been asked to come along to the Easter egg hunt the group homes of the area ran for all the kids as a chaperone, but since she had so much free time lately, she’d also offered to set up and help run the day too.

She’d spent multiple evenings making crafts, planning tasks like egg and spoon races and pin the tail on the bunny, writing clues for the hunt and sourcing places in the city she could buy the supplies to pull it all off. That was before the meetings where she had to beg for the budget and then work with the miniscule one given. She'd put a good chunk of her own money into it too.

Her first task was to prepare the gallons of lemonade to quench the thirst of the energetic kids and frazzled adults that would be there. It was another job she’d hoped to get through the night before, but their fridge was packed and wouldn’t have been able to hold it all.

She reasoned it was a good complaint, as there had been weeks of scarcity when opening the fridge brought nothing but a mouldy block of cheese staring back at you, and so she didn’t grumble as she took out the lemons and sugar syrup. She had actually managed to make that early, which cut some labour out of her task.

She had several large Tupperware containers and a cool box to transport it all, and a big bowl to juice the lemons into.

Tara blinked a few times at the mountains of lemons gracing the kitchen counter, then just pushed on and got them juiced.

Her hands ached when she was done, but there was no time to waste and no Willow to offer a quick massage. She spread the lemon juice between the containers, added in ice, then the syrup and water to fill. She made sure it tasted fine, then scooped a small jug out and left it in the fridge for Willow to have when she came home.

She made Willow up a sandwich, as she did every day her girlfriend worked, since she preferred to eat light and crash and have a dinner in the afternoon or early evening. She left a note with it, as she also did every time, and mentioned the lemonade.

Willow loved when Tara made homemade sweet tea or lemonade, so Tara hoped it would be a nice treat for her.

She transferred each of the containers to the cool box, sealed it up and took the handle to pull it behind her. She was glad it had wheels, as there was plenty of weight even just tugging it.

She grabbed her purse, made sure the keys to the office were there and lugged her gallons of lemonade down to the street and onto the T. Thankfully it was early enough that it wasn’t too busy and nobody paid attention to what she was doing.

When she arrived at the office, she signed out the car and got the lemonade tucked away in the trunk, much to her arm’s relief.

As she drove out, she thought of where she could stop to grab a coffee and realised it wouldn’t be too out of her way to visit Willow’s store. She’d never been there before, but she knew where it was it relation to the T stop so it shouldn’t be too difficult to find.

As long as it took on public transport, it was actually only a 15 minute drive with no traffic and it made Tara wish they had a car to ease Willow’s commute.

She parked on the curb and made sure to lock the car as she stepped out. The street was kind of shabby but seemed mostly residential and so Tara hoped, safe. Tara was glad the mornings were getting brighter earlier so Willow didn’t have to walk the streets in the dark. She had made it a condition that Willow text her when she arrived every evening for the same reason.

She looked up at the store and the signage that had worn away.

It was a pretty desolate place and as Tara walked in, everything seemed to creak. It wasn’t actually a bad place, just seemed to sag with years of deterioration and lack any kind of brightness; in its decor or its energy.

Willow’s description of ‘dump’ seemed accurate; the placed seemed to have just been dumped there and left with little attention since.

She went over to the coffee machine and knew before it had even finished pouring she wasn’t going to drink the mud-like liquid that came out, but was too polite to leave it. She brought it to the girl at the counter and sought the cash from her wallet.

“Willow here by any chance?” she asked politely.

The girl tendered Tara’s change and handed it back.

“She left about an hour ago.”

Tara nodded; she had figured that already since she knew Willow worked alone. She tilted her cup in acknowledgement.

“Thanks.”

She waited until she was outside to dump the cup and drove to a more reliable chain store with a branded machine. She thought of texting Willow to tell her of the encounter with the sludge-disguised-as-coffee and give her a laugh, but she didn’t want to risk it in case her girlfriend had just nodded off.

Instead, she drove straight on to the group home she'd been working with and around the back. There was a shed in the yard where Tara had been gathering supplies. She quietly turned the car off, popped the trunk and put the back seats down to open up the space. As she was doing it, the back door to the normally rowdy but now completely silent house opened.

A tall man in slacks and a shirt with a dishcloth over his shoulder stuck his head out and waved.

“Hey Tara. Early riser?”

Tara straightened up and wiggled her fingers back.

“Hey Caleb. Just going to get everything set up. I know the kids are still asleep, I’ll be quiet.”

Caleb kicked a wooden wedge in the door to keep it in place and walked out.

“Let me help. Oh wait, you need the key.”

He slipped inside and returned with a small padlock key, which he used to open the shed.

“Once the kids got wind there was chocolate in here, we had to lock it up. You may be down a piece of candy or two.”

The shed was filled with collapsible tables and chairs, crates of candy and crafts, and lots of old boxes with cheap or homemade games.

They had to pack the car like it was a game of Tetris, slotting things into wherever they would fit. Finally everything was in and the car was practically bulging.

“I think every inch of space in this thing is taken,” Caleb said as he wiped his hands off each other.

Tara puffed out a breath.

“I’ll be happy if it isn’t run off its wheels.”

“We’re bringing the kids down at 11, right?” Caleb asked.

Tara nodded.

“Thanks for the help.”

“Happy to,” Caleb replied, lifting his hand in acknowledgement as he headed back to the house, “See you then.”

Tara got back into the driver’s seat and could just about see out the back enough to drive. The park was close by and she was able to find parking, but it was even harder to lug everything out than it had been to put them in.

She set up the tables around the area they’d marked off for the egg hunt and laid out the various crafts; the colouring pages, the bunny ears making, the egg painting and the baby chick made out of felt station, accommodating kids of every age and concentration level.

The games were very easy to set up; Tara just had to put markers down to mark out race lines and write little placards indicating the various games. She pinned a drawing of a bunny she’d done to a tree for pin the tail on the bunny and finally only had to hide the eggs for the hunt.

She took a five minute break to down one a glass of her lemonade before taking the little woven basket of eggs on her arm and began spying out hiding places.

A while passed before she took the last small chocolate egg wrapped in foil and hid it under a bush. Her hand reached in for another, but when it just brushed against the material, she realised she was finished.

She stood up from her knees, brushed herself off and went over to fill up the now empty basket with more candy – the prize for the winner of the hunt.

The moment she finished, she spotted someone walked towards her.

“Hey Tara,” Alice greeted warmly, two Styrofoam cups in her hand.

“Oh, hi,” Tara replied.

Alice had a look around, nodding.

“Here to help.”

Tara smiled to herself; it was typical Alice would show up the second everything was done.

“I just finished planting the eggs, but the kids will be here soon.”

Alice looked relieved not to have to exert herself on a Sunday morning.

“Great, gives us a chance to down these before the chaos.”

She thrust one of the cups towards Tara, who took it and held its warmth between her hands.

“Thank you, I appreciate it. There’s some chairs over here.”

Alice unfolded two chairs for them and sat with her face towards the sun.

“Need to absorb some of that energy before the mob arrives,” she said, then pushed her shades on top of her head and looked at Tara, “How have you been?”

Tara nodded non-committedly.

“I’m okay.”

“Once more with feeling?” Alice asked with a smirk, but it left when Tara didn’t reply, “That bad?”

“No,” Tara replied with a sigh, “Just…finding Willow’s job difficult to…work around.”

Alice nodded.

“Night shifts suck, we know that.”

Tara tapped her fingers against the cup, looking down.

“I asked her to get today off, or Passover, or any day when I’m off too. She couldn’t, or wouldn’t;I don’t know. I would just like one evening alone with her,” she said, then lowered her voice, “And maybe to actual cuddle after instead of rushing off to grab a shower before work.”

Alice’s face was sympathetic.

“Ouch. That kinda ‘bad’.”

Tara blushed.

“I just miss her,” she said, then wasn’t sure if she was annoyed or relieved when she saw the first mini bus roll up, “Looks like the kids are here.”

Alice glanced over, then back at Tara.

“If you want to try and set up some split shifts or something, let me know. We’ll work something out.”

“Thank you so much,” Tara replied genuinely, “I need to have a really long chat with her.”

Alice patted Tara’s knee.

“Good luck.”

Tara nodded.

“I think we’re both going to need it,” she said, then her eyes widened as more kids appeared and they all ran towards them, “And I think we’re both going to need it too!”

Immediately there were little hands and feet everywhere, exploring everything set up and trying to steal candy. There was an initial five minutes of craziness, but the carers were great and got everyone organised and split into groups depending on what they wanted to do.

Alice took over the games area with some carers and Tara stuck with the crafts, as she’d designed most of them.

She had a lot of fun helping the kids choose colours to make the brightest egg and fastening their crafted bunny ears around their heads. Some of the teenagers sulked off into the shade, but others joined in and helped the littler kids. Tara made sure to make her appreciation known and slipped them some of the extra candy with a wink.

Tara found the egg hunt the most enjoyable, where the whole park was filled with laughter and elation. There were some minor fights over who found an egg first, but they were resolved quickly by the wonderful care workers.

Tara was exhausted by the time it was all coming to an end, but smiling from ear to ear too. She was happily packing things away as Alice came back, looking plainly exhausted without so much of the enthusiasm.

“They bring so much joy, don’t they?” Tara said gleefully.

Alice didn’t seem so convinced as she helped Tara.

“You want kids?”

Tara nodded without hesitation.

“Yeah, I do. You?”

Alice shrugged one shoulder.

“I’ve flirted with the idea, on and off. I think so, though. Need to find a man, first,” she said with a self-deprecating smile, “Want to grab a bite?”

Tara checked her watch and was about to refuse when she changed her mind.

“Yeah, sure. Willow’s not around, anyway. Caleb said they can take this stuff back in the minivan.”

They got everything packed up and Tara drove the car back to the office with Alice tailing her. She signed the car back in and came back down to hop into Alice’s passenger seat.

“It’s really nice of you to help out with the kids so much,” Alice commented as she indicated onto the road again.

Tara just smiled.

“I’m glad I’m able.”

“Still,” Alice reasoned, having become more involved herself even since Tara started working with her, “Are you good with Thai?”

Tara nodded, hungry after the busy day.

“Good with anything.”

Alice took them to a vibrant Thai restaurant in the city and immediately ordered them some wine.

Tara took a long sip when her glass came and sighed.

“It’s nice to have dinner with an actual other person.”

Alice looked at Tara with, able to see her friend really wasn't herself.

“This is really getting you down, isn’t it?”

Tara folded her arms gently on the table.

“It’s so hard to talk to her without knocking her confidence. She’s so lost on this career path and I can’t seem a way to find her.”

“She has to find herself,” Alice replied sagely.

Tara inhaled and nodded.

“Yeah, you’re right,” she agreed, “I just don’t know how it can be healthy to support something we both hate.”

“She doesn’t like the job?” Alice asked, not having seen much or any of Willow herself lately.

“She called it a dump, and it is. And she was always a morning person. I know she hates working nights,” Tara replied, pained, “But I guess she has to deal with this when I’m call too and I messed her around with the stuff with Abigail. It’s selfish of me to complain.”

Alice reached across and squeezed Tara’s hand.

“No it isn’t,” she said surely, “But tonight, just try to relax and have a good time. I’ve ordered us a tasting menu.”

She threw Tara a wink, who cracked a smile and clinked their glasses together.

“That’s something I think I can do.”

They were served delicious food and plenty of it. Tara indulged in bites of every soup, salad, noodle dish and curry that was presented to her. She would have loved to share it with Willow, but the never ending wine that seemed to be poured into her glass did a sufficient job of making her forget.

As she swigged another bit of wine, she stared at Alice with her glassy eyes.

“Why am I drunk and you’re not?”

“I’m driving,” Alice replied bemusedly, “But you’re drinking enough for both of us.”

Tara blushed and pushed her glass a smidge away.

“I never asked for a top-up.”

“The wine gods must be on your side tonight,” Alice said, still grinning, “When was the last time you let your hair down?”

Tara pushed a breath out between her lips.

“Probably the last time I had decent sex,” she answered wryly, “If calendars even go back that far.”

Alice pursed her lips to stop from laughing and Tara grimaced and dropped her head into her hands.

“That’s not fair,” she groaned, slapping her cheeks slightly, “Don’t tell Willow I said that.”

Alice made a lock and key motion on the side of her mouth.

Tara pushed her mango rice dessert away and rubbed the corners of her eyes.

“I think I need to go to bed.”

Alice rested her chin on her hands and smiled across.

“I think that’s a good idea.”

Tara tried to fumble her wallet out of her purse, but Alice tapped her hand and stopped her.

“My treat for all the good work you’ve been doing.”

Tara dropped her wallet back and eyed Alice gratefully.

“Thank you. I really enjoyed it.”

“I can see,” Alice replied, happy to see Tara letting off some steam, “If it wasn’t a Sunday I’d take us out for shots.”

Tara snorted.

“Unless you want to carry me home, that’s probably never a good idea.”

Alice paid, offered Tara the mint and put her arm around her.

“I’ll carry you home if you don’t throw up in my car.”

“That sounds like a deal, Alice Kenter,” Tara agreed, grateful for the help when she was slightly unsteady on her feet, “Thanks for being a good friend.”

“Tara Maclay, you make it easy,” Alice replied fondly and kissed Tara’s cheek.

Tara eyed Alice blearily.

“I know I haven’t had a good lay in a while but no offense, you’re not my type.”

Alice burst into laughter on the street and had to stop them for a moment lest she stray them into traffic while she was distracted.

She got them to the car and strapped Tara into the passenger seat. Tara rested her hands on the belt and put her head against the window.

Alice sat in the driver’s side, belted up and started messing with the radio.

“What’s your drunk song?”

Tara swung her head towards Alice earnestly.

“I don’t get drunk that much.”

“You can borrow mine,” Alice replied, flicking on some Shania Twain with a smirk.

“Let's go girls.”

She drove off, tapping her fingers against the wheel.

Tara grinned and her head started to sway in beat with the song. She hummed for a while, and it didn’t take long for her to join in.

“The best thing about being a woman is the prerogative to have a little fun…”

In seconds both of them were in the throes of the song; Tara even adding complimentary jazz hands and some riffing.

Alice was in hysterics watching Tara and just about managed to join in again.

“Man! I feel like a woman!”

Tara was a giggling mess and Alice just kept chuckling with her. She parked on the street and made sure Tara got all the way up to her apartment before patting her on the back and leaving her to it.

Tara was smiling and humming as she stepped into the apartment but it waned quickly when the dreariness of the empty space assaulted her.

There was a goodbye note on the table and Tara appreciated the gesture, at least knowing she was in Willow’s thoughts.

It wasn’t very late but there was nothing compelling enough to keep her up, so she headed for the bedroom.

She kicked off her shoes and collapsed into bed, hoping the alcohol would keep her warm in lieu of Willow.

Post subject: Re: Re: Adult Confidential (Follow-On to CC) [AU] 05/04/16
PostPosted: Wed May 04, 2016 10:57 am 
9. Gay Now

Dibs-y Goodness! :applause :banana :bounce

Yay for nice update-y goodness... Being stuck on opposite shifts suck big time... I hope they very soon have a nice private quality time to reconnect...

PostPosted: Sun May 08, 2016 2:46 pm 

I feel really bad for Tara and Willow, them having no quality time together and the strain of the constant night-shifts causing them to fight sucks. I hope Willow will soon come to the decision that the money she earns by working in the "dump" isn't worth making her and Tara unhappy (and risking her own health) and that she will call it quits.

It's nice that Tara was able to talk to and have fun with Alice, but I fear she will wake up with a big hangover which won't help her and Willow having the much needed talk...

It makes me sad that our girls weren't able to experience the easter-fun with the kids together and it worries me that Tara suspects Willow actually choose not to take the day off:

Quote:
“I asked her to get today off, or Passover, or any day when I’m off too. She couldn’t, or wouldn’t;I don’t know.

Please resolve this situation in the next update so I don't have to worry anymore!

PostPosted: Tue May 10, 2016 9:37 pm 
6. Sassy Eggs

Topics: 2
Let's see. Drinking with coworkers, managing an Easter egg hunt, and Shania Twain. Yup, that's all the vices.

I can't wait for Willow to get fired for no reason and happily go back to her normal "Tara filled" schedule.

Post subject: Re: Adult Confidential (Follow-On to CC) [AU] 05/11/16
PostPosted: Wed May 11, 2016 10:16 am 
Ms. Moderator Fantastico
Ms. Moderator Fantastico

zampsa19752001

Quote:
Dibs-y Goodness! :applause :banana :bounce

:D

Quote:
Yay for nice update-y goodness... Being stuck on opposite shifts suck big time... I hope they very soon have a nice private quality time to reconnect...

Things have a way of working themselves out...

Thanks for commenting :)

Will’s redemption

Quote:
I feel really bad for Tara and Willow, them having no quality time together and the strain of the constant night-shifts causing them to fight sucks. I hope Willow will soon come to the decision that the money she earns by working in the "dump" isn't worth making her and Tara unhappy (and risking her own health) and that she will call it quits.

Read on...

Quote:
It's nice that Tara was able to talk to and have fun with Alice, but I fear she will wake up with a big hangover which won't help her and Willow having the much needed talk...

Just as long as it's quiet.

Quote:
It makes me sad that our girls weren't able to experience the easter-fun with the kids together and it worries me that Tara suspects Willow actually choose not to take the day off:

Tara doesn't worry so much in the sense of working to avoid her, more like not wanting to rock the boat.

Quote:
Please resolve this situation in the next update so I don't have to worry anymore!

...done.

:wink

Citanul

Quote:
Let's see. Drinking with coworkers, managing an Easter egg hunt, and Shania Twain. Yup, that's all the vices.

Shania Twain is the most important one. Or at least the most enjoyable.

Quote:
I can't wait for Willow to get fired for no reason and happily go back to her normal "Tara filled" schedule.

Half of this sentence is true...which one? Read to find out.

Update Directly Below

PostPosted: Wed May 11, 2016 10:17 am 
Ms. Moderator Fantastico
Ms. Moderator Fantastico

CHAPTER RATING: PG-13

Chapter 37

Willow stared ahead vacantly as she stood behind the cash counter in the store.

She had really been feeling the weight of Tara’s unhappiness and it made her realise how miserable she’d been herself.

She had been trying to get hold of the manager to make sure she got a day off that was good for her and Tara, and planned to stay in work the extra hour in the morning until he showed up for his shift so she could make sure it happened.

She was still blindly staring ahead when the bell above the door sounded and a short statured white guy in a hoody walked through. Willow paid him little attention as he sulked through the aisles, pawing the Cheetos and Twinkies.

Eventually he came up to the counter and set down a bottle of Mountain Dew, which Willow rung up.

“Is that all for you this evening?” she asked in a bored tone.

The guy reached into his front pocket and held something in there.

“Empty the register,” he said gruffly, like he was trying to disguise his voice but didn’t know how.

Willow looked up, utterly confused.

“What?”

The guy suddenly pulled a gun from his pocket and held it oddly, not that Willow noticed much about his posture after it appeared.

“Do it, now!”

Willow’s heart leapt into her throat and her shaky hands tried to work the register. Her robber yelled at her to hurry up and tears were streaming down Willow’s cheeks as it finally popped open.

He reached over and snatched the cash himself, but there wasn't much there, with just the night float inside.

He cursed and looked back to Willow.

“Where’s the safe?”

Willow couldn’t think straight and wasn’t completely lying when she denied knowledge.

“I, I, I don’t know.”

The robber’s hand shot up and Willow heard something like a click. She screamed silently in terror and imagined Tara’s sweet face at her funeral.

“Safe! Now!”

The adrenaline hit and Willow remembered. She rushed out to the safe, her fingers poking the numbers inaccurately as she shook with fear. When it opened, the robber clocked her on her cheekbone to get her out the way. It hadn’t cut, but it sure did sting and Willow watched in double vision as he grabbed the cash and fled.

Willow stared ahead in shock for a few moments before she locked herself in the break room and dialled 911.

Thirty minutes later, Willow had just about stopped trembling but the skin around her nails had been bitten into oblivion.

It didn’t help when someone started slamming their fists against the break room door.

“Open the damn door. It’s Fred! It’s the owner!”

Willow got up and carefully opened the door. The owner, a balding middle-aged guy who had bloodshot eyes and an angry face marched in with the tweedy and downright annoying manager behind him.

The owner threw his arms out violently.

“You just left the store wide open!”

Willow’s mouth opened and closed like a fish.

“I— there was…there was a holdup.”

The manager snickered and the owner rolled his eyes.

“Cops caught up with him three blocks away. Some punk teen. It wasn’t even a real gun.”

Willow should have been relieved that she had never been in any real danger, but she just felt humiliated.

“It looked real,” she said quietly.

“Why didn’t you push the panic button?” the owner demanded.

One of Willow’s eyebrows arched questioningly.

“What panic button?”

“The one I installed when this place got robbed for the third time!” the owner yelled.

Willow’s eyes flashed with anger.

“This happened before?! You don’t think that was something I maybe needed to know?!”

The owner shook his hands in her face.

“That’s why you were told about the panic button.”

“I didn’t know there was a panic button!” Willow yelled back, not too subtly beginning to lose her temper.

The owner glanced at the manager, who waved a dismissive hand.

“Of course I showed her.”

Willow’s mouth hung open.

“No, he didn’t!”

“She’s been incompetent from day one,” the manager sneered, covering his ass for the six whole minutes of training Willow had been given, “I’ve had three complaints about wrong change on her watch.”

“No you have not!” Willow sneered back, wanting to wind up and punch the manager in his smug face, “I’ve done half your job for you!”

“That’s enough,” the owner intervened before staring angrily at Willow, “You’re suspended for not following proper protocol. Only reason you’re not fired is that I got my money back.”

Willow took in two short breaths, followed by one long one which gave her some sudden clarity.

“I quit.”

She snatched her nametag from her chest and flung it between the two men.

“My girlfriend deserves better than the person I have to be to work this job,” she said, her flaming cheeks just growing even more so as she took her things from her cubby, “I deserve better.”

She started to march out and the owner got all in a fluster.

“The cops’ll want to talk to you!”

“Tell them to bite me!” Willow called back, shooting a furious look over her shoulder for good measure, “And the same to you!”

She ran out of the store and slammed the door and its stupid bell shut behind her. She felt a sudden rush of freedom as the cool night air hit her face.

She was triumphant and jubilant for all of about five seconds before she realised she was out in the middle of the night, right outside the place she’d just been held up in.

The fear ran deep and the trauma refreshed itself. It would be a couple of hours before the bus and T lines opened and Willow didn’t want to be outside for another second.

She had a $20 bill in her wallet that she’d saved and had been planning to get Tara a fresh bunch of flowers with on the way home to signal a new start, but she thought her girlfriend would much prefer to see her home in one piece instead.

She hoped, anyway.

She ran around the corner to the nearest taxi rank and hopped into the back. She gave the address and locked each back door manually before finally relaxing again.

With no traffic, she had just enough to cover the fare and tip and didn’t wait for change as she pounded the stairs inside and up to their apartment.

Finally feeling really safe, it all hit her again and she walked around in a bit of a daze. She saw a sandwich but didn't want to eat; didn't want to watch TV; didn't want to do anything.

Tara was asleep in bed, but as most nights without Willow it wasn’t hugely peaceful. She first heard some creaking, then felt the sag of the mattress as a body sat down near her. She felt a headache creeping in from the well-deserved hangover and prayed it wasn’t time to get up already.

She cracked an eye open and recognised her girlfriend’s silhouette immediately. She was confused, as it was still pitch dark in the room.

“Willow?” she asked groggily, rubbing her eyes as she sat up.

She looked at the clock and the numbers staring back just increased her confusion.

“Willow, what are you doing home? It's the middle of the night.”

Tara saw Willow’s face slowly turn to her and could see her girlfriend’s troubled eyes find hers. She had no time to question it as Willow suddenly burst into tears.

Tara’s immediate response was to gather her into her arms.

“Willow,” she comforted, “Honey, I’m here. What happened?”

Willow sobbed into Tara’s neck for a minute or two before opening her mouth and recounting the last couple of hours of her life in full babble mode. For once in her life she was thankful for the ability, as it was the only way she could have gotten it out with any kind of coherence, even what little it was.

She took in a shaky breath and looked at her girlfriend, pained.

“Tara, I-I’m sorry, I-I quit, I—”

Tara cut Willow off by kissing her tenderly, her fingertips trembling against Willow's cheek as she imagined her girlfriend in such peril. She pulled away and cupped Willow's face with both hands.

“You saved us a fight because there wasn’t a chance in hell I was going to let you go back there.”

Willow’s lip started to quiver and she burst into fresh tears.

“It wasn’t even a real gun. I’m such an idiot.”

Tara enveloped Willow in her arms and laid her down, pulling her close.

“Come here. You must have been so scared.”

She stroked Willow’s hair, who didn’t quite seem to calm but instead turned frenzied crying into frenzied kisses.

Tara let her for a moment, then gently tried to extract her.

“Willow, Willow,” she said, tucking some hair behind her girlfriend’s ear, “You’re in shock.”

Willow’s eyes were slightly wild, so Tara tucked her girlfriend under her chin and rubbed her back soothingly.

“Darling, close your eyes. You’re safe. You’re safe here with me.”

It worked as a kind of immersion therapy and slowly Willow’s breath began to even out.

“Rest…I love you,” Tara encouraged, “I love you so much.”

It took a while of Tara keeping almost perfectly still, wrapped around Willow until she felt her girlfriend succumb to the exhaustion of the evening. Tara kissed Willow's temple soft enough not to wake up and didn't move an inch so as not to disturb her.

“I’ll keep you safe. I promise.”

She watched Willow's sleeping face, but saw it was still creased with tension.

“Oh, love,” she whispered.

She put her mouth to Willow's ear and started to sing, so quiet it wasn't even a whisper.

Dream baby dream
Dream baby dream
Dream baby dream
Come on and dream baby dream
Come on and dream baby dream

Yeah I just wanna see you smile
Now I just wanna see you smile
Yeah I just wanna see you smile
Come on dream on, dream baby dream…

Willow's face smoothed out and Tara knew she was at peace when she heard a soft snore.

She couldn't help but smile, despite everything. She closed her own eyes and took some deep inhalations in. Her arms remained closed around Willow and would do for some hours.

The thought of Willow in such danger made her feel sick, but she couldn't help be pleased that her girlfriend was finally out of that hellhole.

Tara didn't know where her girlfriend's next destination would be, but for that moment, they were both content for it to be Tara's arms.

Willow woke, sprawled out in bed, not quite remembering getting there.

Her legs shifted and she could feel she only had underwear on. She glanced down and saw her work shirt on and suddenly everything came rushing back.

She gasped and ripped the shirt from her body, throwing it towards the chair in the corner, where she noticed her pants had been neatly folded.

A moment later, Tara — who had heard rustling — appeared in the doorway and approached. She perched on the side of the bed and reached to tuck a piece of hair behind Willow’s ear.

“Hey sweetpea.”

Willow melted into Tara’s touch as Tara cupped her cheek. She felt the flood of shock and fear slowly dissipate.

She swallowed the lump that had formed a few times and in the process became more confused as she saw the mid-morning hour on the clock.

“It’s Monday. Why aren’t you at work?”

Tara lowered her hand and used it to take Willow’s hand in hers.

“I took a vacation day. Promised you I would take a few.”

Willow was touched.

“You took a day off for me?”

“Of course,” Tara replied sincerely, then her nose scrunched a bit, “I might also be a little bit hungover.”

Willow cracked a smile.

“I’m glad one of us had a good time last night.”

Tara looked pained and squeezed Willow’s hand tight as if to make sure she was really there.

“You rest some more, and we’ll spend the afternoon together. Just the two of us.”

Willow felt heavy but tried to fight through it.

“I’m sick of sleeping ‘til the afternoon.”

“I know, but you’ve had such an ordeal,” Tara replied, able to see the exhaustion on her girlfriend’s face, “I’ll cuddle with you if you want.”

Willow let herself be laid back down.

“I always want.”

Tara snuggled into Willow’s side and noticed her shirt was gone and little goosebumps had appeared on her arms. She put her arms around Willow and rubbed softly.

“Cold, baby?”

Willow rested her head on Tara’s chest.

“Not with you here.”

She felt so safe and warm, the antithesis of everything that had happened the night before. Before she knew it, she was sobbing quietly into Tara.

Tara held Willow closer.

“Oh, honey.”

Willow took in short gasps of air as she let all of the emotion out.

“All I could think about was never seeing you again…and I tried to remember the last time I saw your face…”

She lifted her eyes to meet Tara’s.

“A-And I couldn’t remember, not properly. I couldn’t even remember the last time I kissed you.”

Tara moved her hands to hold Willow’s cheeks and brought their faces together.

Willow took in a deep inhalation as she gazed into Tara’s eyes and manged to exhale it without her lower lip shaking. She leaned in and pressed her lips to Tara’s, who wiped her tears and kissed right back.

Willow’s heart initially sped up but then evened into a regular, steady beat. She released Tara’s lips to take in a breath, but kept their foreheads together.

“I love you.”

“I love you,” Tara whispered back.

Willow touched Tara’s cheek.

“I wanted to be good, for you.”

Tara turned her head and kissed Willow’s palm.

“You’re perfect for me.”

It wasn’t what Willow meant, but she smiled nonetheless. Her hand floated down to Tara’s hip, just enjoying being able to touch her unhurriedly.

“I was trying to do right, but it…it didn’t work.”

“You put your everything in because that’s the kind of person you are and I love you for it,” Tara replied, with heart.

Willow came to a realisation and sighed.

“These jobs I’m trying to force myself into…they don’t work.”

Tara shook her head.

“No, they don’t.”

Willow closed her eyes for a moment with unease before they flickered up again.

“Something I love won’t just fall into my lap. I don't even know what I love. Apart from you.”

“Have hope,” Tara replied encouragingly.

Willow didn’t want to dwell right then.

“Have you,” she replied, pecking Tara’s lips again, “That’s all I really need.”

Tara brought Willow into her as she had the night before and rubbed the bare skin over Willow’s spine.

She waited for Willow to fall back asleep before extracting herself and going to grab another coffee.

A few more hours passed and Willow woke again, feeling a lot more rested and simply overjoyed about not having to go to work that evening. She swung her legs out and walked over to the dresser to find a shirt and pants to wear.

Her sunny yellow tank top matched the smile on her face as she walked out to the living room. Tara was standing over the stove in the kitchen, stirring a pot. She smiled too when she saw Willow appear.

“Hey. Good timing. I’m making soup.”

Willow walked over and embraced Tara from behind, one her most favourite things to do while her girlfriend was cooking.

“Smells good.”

Tara hummed softly as she stirred the soup.

“Tell me if I’m asking too much, but I bet one of your famous grilled cheeses would go great with this.”

Willow put her chin over Tara’s shoulder to look at her.

“Do you really want one of my sandwiches?”

“Definitely,” Tara replied with utmost sincerity.

Willow loved being included, and cooking with Tara again. She’d spent many a Saturday batch cooking lunches and freezer dinners with her girlfriend, learning something new every time.

She got the bread and cheese from the fridge and started to prepare. Tara watched her for a moment, glad to see her burden seemed to have eased.

“How’re you doing?”

“Good, actually,” Willow replied happily as she leaned against Tara to get the pan on, “Love how your hair smells today.”

“You’re really cheerful,” Tara commented, somewhat confused.

Willow just kept smiling.

“An afternoon with you, why wouldn’t I be?”

Tara put a hand on the small of Willow’s back.

“You had a very traumatic experience.”

Willow assembled the sandwiches and waited with the spatula to flip them. She turned to look at Tara properly, inhaling and exhaling the same breath in a moment.

“Yeah, I did. But you know, the real trauma was starting to lose us again. That’s a line we’ve teetered one too many times. It was the lousiest wake-up call in the world, but I needed it. Something had to give. You’ve worked so hard to make sure there’s balance and I need to do the same. Honestly, I want to forget about it. Can we forget about it? The only thing hurt was my pride.”

“If that’s what you want, honey,” Tara replied softly, “But if this is staying with you, promise you’ll talk to me?”

Willow leaned over and kissed Tara’s cheek.

“Promise. But the whole night clerk endeavour was an exercise in the sometimes stupid Willow brain. I’d really rather if we just never mentioned it ever again. Like, ever.”

Tara accepted Willow knew what was best for herself. She was the one with the psych degree, after all.

“Mention what?” she asked breezily.

Willow smiled and bumped Tara's shoulders. Tara returned both gestures.

A couple of minutes later, Tara took two bowls down and ladled some soup into them. She decided to fancy them up a little bit by drizzling some cream, crushing some oyster crackers and putting a sprig of parsley on top.

She brought them to the table and Willow joined her a minute or two later with their sandwiches. She sat to the side of Tara and folded her napkin into her lap.

“Oh wow…this is some bowl of soup! I feel like I’m at the Ritz!” she said enthusiastically, “The grilled cheese is more Motel 6.”

Tara pulled her halves apart and dipped the corner in her soup.

“It’s delicious.”

They ate mostly quietly; Willow was hungry and it was nice to just share a relaxed meal together. When they were finished, Tara brought the dishes in to the kitchen to rinse.

“So what would you like to do? We can stay in, go out…whatever you want,” she said with a smile, “Just as long as it’s together.”

Willow smiled back. She didn’t think she’d ever feel this happy to be unemployed.

“Want to go to a movie? They have Monday afternoon specials.”

“We haven’t been to a movie in forever,” Tara replied, drying her hands on a dishcloth, “I’d love to. What’s on?”

Willow stood up eagerly.

“I’ll check.”

She got her laptop, and sat on the couch while it booted up.

Tara came and sat beside her, putting an arm around her shoulders. She leaned in and pressed kisses to Willow’s neck, who sighed softly.

“Tara…”

Tara kissed Willow’s ear.

“Can’t I enjoy having you around?”

Willow turned to face Tara.

“Of course you can.”

Their lips met and moved against each other until the laptop almost fell to the floor. Willow blushed.

“Movies.”

Tara licked her lips.

“Right.”

Willow pulled up the listings while trying not to let Tara’s warm breath on her neck distract her.

“There’s a comedy called Date Night. It has Steve Carell and Tina Fey,” she read out, “You like Tina Fey. She’s the one who did Sarah Palin on Saturday Night Live.”

Tara ceased teasing Willow and sat back.

“Oh yeah, I do like her. That sounds fun. I’m in. When is it on?”

“In an hour,” Willow replied.

“Great. Let’s walk over and grab a coffee at the café next door,” Tara suggested, “They do the foam art you like.”

“My last one looked like a monkey!” Willow grinned, “Let me put nicer clothes on. I’ll be right out.”

She pecked Tara’s cheek and went into the bedroom to change into red jeans and a black button-down shirt. She added one of the necklaces Tara had given to her over the years and brushed her hair through a few times.

She returned and Tara smiled at her.

“You look pretty.”

Willow didn’t know how Tara could still make her blush after all these years and with so few words, but she did.

“Thanks. You look prettier.”

She offered her hand, which Tara took and they walked out together. It was a nice spring day and there was the afternoon feel in the streets without the hustle and bustle of commuters.

Some kids were walking home from school and kidding around and there was no congestion of traffic at the stoplights.

The local theatre wasn’t far and was situated right beside an art café that Tara had initially been drawn to, but Willow had grown to love too for their fun presentations of their beverages and food.

They arrived and ordered a coffee each and found a table by the window. After a few minutes, the waitress came carrying their mugs on a tray. She carefully transferred it to the table, where they could see the foam had been made to look like a cat jumping from one cup to the other.

Willow’s eyes grew wide.

“Holy shit.”

“Willow,” Tara said, looking at the waitress apologetically.

The waitress just smiled.

“We get that a lot. Enjoy.”

Willow kept staring.

“This literally looks too good to eat.”

“Well put the kitty in your cup then, I need some coffee,” Tara replied.

Willow reluctantly split the foam and pushed Tara’s mug towards her.

“Okay, the coffee is too much to resist.”

They enjoyed their beverages, holding hands across the table and letting the mid-afternoon sun stream in and warm their faces.

Ten minutes before the movie was due to start, they went to get their tickets and a large popcorn combo to share.

There were a few other afternoon dwellers in the theatre, but they pretty much had their pick of the seats and decided on two in the back.

Willow settled their popcorn and drink between them and offered her hand again to share the armrest.

Their heads rested together and they settled in to happily enjoy ‘Date Night’ for their much-needed date afternoon.

Tara curved her naked front around Willow’s back, enjoying every press of their skin against each other.

Their sated bodies clung together, breathing in sync so they didn’t have to part for a moment.

Tara brushed her fingers along Willow’s arm, down past her wrist to link their fingers together.

“…it’s so nice to hold you after.”

Willow was savouring the moment too and trying to resist the urge to rut back into Tara.

“It’s nice to be held.”

She played with Tara’s fingers affectionately for a few moments before turning herself on her other side to face her girlfriend. She rubbed her knuckles along Tara’s spine, whose eyes fluttered with pleasure at the sensation.

“I never asked how your Easter egg hunt went,” Willow brought up easily, “Thanks for the lemonade, by the way. It was delicious.”

Tara slid her foot over Willow’s shin and settled her head closer to her girlfriend on the pillow.

“It was nice to see the kids have fun.”

“I’m guessing the hangover-inducing part came later,” Willow replied with a grin, “Vodka cranberries again?”

Tara shook her head.

“Just lots and lots of wine. I didn’t even realise I was getting drunk until it happened. Guess I needed to blow off some steam.”

Willow’s eyebrow arched.

“How much steam are we talking?”

“Oh nothing much…” Tara replied casually, “Dancing on table tops…having my way with the hot barmaid in the alleyway…”

Her lips sloped upwards on one side.

“Getting sloshed over dinner and bursting Alice’s eardrums singing country on the way home.”

“Sounds more like it,” Willow replied dryly, “Well, it was Easter. Wine is appropriate, though I prefer the chocolate myself.”

Tara reached up and tucked a piece of hair behind Willow’s ear.

“I saved you a chocolate egg.”

Willow leaned in and pressed a soft kiss to Tara’s lips.

“Thank you. I would have brought you home something from the store but…”

Tara’s nose scrunched.

“I tried their coffee. No thank you.”

“You did?” Willow asked in confusion.

“Called in on my way out yesterday,” Tara explained, “In case you were still there.”

Willow nodded in understanding.

“I would have warned you.”

Tara took Willow’s hand and pressed their palms together. She brought Willow’s hand up to kiss her knuckles, then looked her right in the eye.

“I’m glad you’re out of there.”

“I’m glad I was able to get us a little ahead on some bills,” Willow returned with a sigh.

Tara leaned in to kiss Willow’s forehead.

“Spend the next paycheck on yourself.”

Willow just smiled.

“I’m sure I can think of something…maybe for us both.”

“Good,” Tara replied, though got distracted watching Willow’s plump, moving lips, “You know, I have an idea for tonight.”

Willow gulped as Tara’s lips softly caressed hers, over and over again.

“Oh you do, do you? Just the one?”

Tara moved her hand to palm Willow’s hip. She rolled on top of her and sat back to straddle her.

As Willow took in a short breath, the air was pulled from her lungs again as Tara looked back at her with the most lascivious of her sultry smiles.

“Several.”

Tara arrived at work a little early to catch up on some work she’d missed the previous day.

Alice was one of the few already there and had a smile for Tara as she approached her desk.

“Hello.”

Tara waved.

“Hi.”

Alice sidled up to Tara, conspiringly.

“It was good to see you play a little bad and take a day off for a hangover,” she said, throwing Tara a sly wink, “As your friend, not your boss, of course. You’re not officially on the clock yet.”

Tara left her purse on the desk.

“Actually, um…” she replied, tucking her lunch away in the drawer, “I was taking care of Willow.”

“Is she sick?” Alice asked with concern.

Tara sat in her desk and exhaled slowly. She was still a bit shook up from hearing about it.

“She got held up at the store. Scared her half to death. She quit and just needed some TLC.”

Alice’s eyes grew wide.

“Is she okay?”

Tara nodded slowly.

“She will be.”

“Are you okay?” Alice questioned.

Tara offered a smile.

“I will be.”

“Well, if I can do anything…” Alice said, genuinely.

“We appreciate it,” Tara replied gratefully, “We’re both trying to getting back to normality.”

Alice patted Tara on the back and returned to her desk.

Tara turned into her computer, checked her files for the day, then sent Willow a quick text to say she was thinking about her while she waited for the computer to boot up.

She got a smiley face and a love heart back and it both made her smile and her heart flutter, as intended.

She was already looking forward to seeing Willow that evening.

It was nice to finally be able to look forward to going home again.

Post subject: Re: Re: Adult Confidential (Follow-On to CC) [AU] 05/11/16
PostPosted: Wed May 11, 2016 12:11 pm 
9. Gay Now

Dibs-y Goodness! :banana :applause :bounce

Yay for excellent update-y goodness... Big yay for Willow finally leaving that hellhole of a store... I'm really glad that she had Tara to take care of her... Loved their movie date...

PostPosted: Wed May 11, 2016 1:07 pm 

Poor Willow, having to experience such a traumatic experience and getting treated horribly by the asshole owner and manager on top! I'm glad she found the resolve to quit this crappy job and that Tara was not so hangover that she couldn't properly care for her. I loved how Tara sang Willow to a peaceful sleep.

And I'm really relieved that Willow came to these epiphanies:
Quote:
“These jobs I’m trying to force myself into…they don’t work.”

Quote:
But you know, the real trauma was starting to lose us again. That’s a line we’ve teetered one too many times. It was the lousiest wake-up call in the world, but I needed it. Something had to give. You’ve worked so hard to make sure there’s balance and I need to do the same.

And you gave us a plausible explanation for us never hearing about Willow's job in the "hellhole" before in the sequels:

Quote:
But the whole night clerk endeavour was an exercise in the sometimes stupid Willow brain. I’d really rather if we just never mentioned it ever again. Like, ever.”

Tara accepted Willow knew what was best for herself. She was the one with the psych degree, after all.

“Mention what?” she asked breezily.

Willow smiled and bumped Tara's shoulders. Tara returned both gestures.

It's nice that Willow and Tara could enjoy a quiet afternoon with some quality time - eating together, having coffee, the movie date...Little things to reconnect as a couple.
I would have liked to witness them reconnect physically as a couple too, but unfortunately you decided to give us the PG-13-version...well, I have to content myself with the knowledge that they had lots of "decent sex" behind the scenes, I guess (if you should by any chance decide to include the missing love scenes in this chapter, I'd be forever grateful, though :flirt )

Alice really is a wonderful friend, instinctively knowing how much Tara has been shaken herself by the trauma that happened to her love:

Quote:
Alice’s eyes grew wide.

“Is she okay?”

Tara nodded slowly.

“She will be.”

“Are you okay?” Alice questioned.

Tara offered a smile.

“I will be.”

“Well, if I can do anything…” Alice said, genuinely.

I think Willow and Tara both deserve some quality time with the gang asap (maybe you can include that in the next chapter?).

Post subject: Re: Re: Adult Confidential (Follow-On to CC) [AU] 05/11/16
PostPosted: Sun May 15, 2016 10:14 pm 
4. Extra Flamey

Topics: 3
I finally got all caught up on your story~
I'm really enjoying the trials that Willow and Tara are going through and how it makes them so much stronger. It sounds cheesy, but it gives me hope [: Also the puns are hilarious and adorable keep 'em coming!

"In the pale light of the moon, I play the game of you"- Neil Gaiman, Sandman

Post subject: Re: Adult Confidential (Follow-On to CC) [AU] 05/18/16
PostPosted: Wed May 18, 2016 10:15 am 
Ms. Moderator Fantastico
Ms. Moderator Fantastico

zampsa19752001

Quote:
Dibs-y Goodness! :banana :applause :bounce

Yay!

Quote:
Yay for excellent update-y goodness... Big yay for Willow finally leaving that hellhole of a store... I'm really glad that she had Tara to take care of her... Loved their movie date...

Glad you enjoyed it all :)

Thanks for commenting!

Will’s redemption

Quote:
Poor Willow, having to experience such a traumatic experience and getting treated horribly by the asshole owner and manager on top! I'm glad she found the resolve to quit this crappy job and that Tara was not so hangover that she couldn't properly care for her. I loved how Tara sang Willow to a peaceful sleep.

Yes, this time Tara was definitely far less delicate than the last time she overindulged...those vodka cranberries are a killer.

Quote:
And I'm really relieved that Willow came to these epiphanies:

Well she never has overworking issues when she finally does get her job, so these couple of years have taught her way more than she thinks.

Quote:
And you gave us a plausible explanation for us never hearing about Willow's job in the "hellhole" before in the sequels:

It was a bit of a joke to explain it way...I'm working with what I can!

Quote:
It's nice that Willow and Tara could enjoy a quiet afternoon with some quality time - eating together, having coffee, the movie date...Little things to reconnect as a couple.

It really is the little things.

Quote:
I would have liked to witness them reconnect physically as a couple too, but unfortunately you decided to give us the PG-13-version...well, I have to content myself with the knowledge that they had lots of "decent sex" behind the scenes, I guess (if you should by any chance decide to include the missing love scenes in this chapter, I'd be forever grateful, though :flirt )

I tried to get this done but my laptop is on its last legs and I have to use it sparingly until I get a new one in a couple of weeks. I’m going to keep it on the to-do list though!

Some people want more smut and some want less. I'm finding it hard to teeter the line!

Quote:
Alice really is a wonderful friend, instinctively knowing how much Tara has been shaken herself by the trauma that happened to her love:

A lot more subtle than Becky, but very much present.

Quote:
I think Willow and Tara both deserve some quality time with the gang asap (maybe you can include that in the next chapter?).

There's some stuff coming up!

nightmask

Quote:
I finally got all caught up on your story~
I'm really enjoying the trials that Willow and Tara are going through and how it makes them so much stronger. It sounds cheesy, but it gives me hope [:

Nothing wrong with cheesy, I live for it!

Quote:
Also the puns are hilarious and adorable keep 'em coming!

I'm so glad someone likes the puns :D

Thanks for commenting!

Update Directly Below

PostPosted: Wed May 18, 2016 10:16 am 
Ms. Moderator Fantastico
Ms. Moderator Fantastico

NOTE: This story is starting to wind up! There'll be three more chapters after this one to conclude the prequel series :)

Chapter 38

Tara sat on the edge of the bed, checking the alarm for the morning and making sure her phone was connected to charge properly.

She swung her legs into bed and settled her head comfortably on the pillows, watching while Willow played on her phone beside her.

She reached out and caressed Willow’s upper arm.

“Your birthday is coming up.”

Willow just smiled without looking up.

“Every year you remind me, as if I’m going to forget.”

“Because if I left it to you, you wouldn’t do anything but ask me to make mac and cheese,” Tara countered.

Willow shrugged.

“Your mac and cheese is delicious. If you really want to do something, let’s just grab a beer at the bar.”

“You really don’t want to do anything special?” Tara prompted, hoping for some celebration after the stress of the last few months.

Willow rolled her head towards Tara with a fake exasperated sigh.

“Okay, let’s find a new bar with some good entertainment. Music or comedy or something. Does that pass the test?” she asked, voice frustrated, though not with Tara, “This thing is lagging so bad.”

She left her phone on her nightstand and opted to cuddle into Tara instead. Tara very much welcomed it and held Willow to her.

“I’ll ask around for somewhere nice and see who’s in.”

“Better push it to the weekend so we can enjoy ourselves,” Willow offered, “Ask Becky too, she normally knows what’s happening around town…but you know, don’t let her choose. Just get suggestions.”

Tara leaned in and pecked Willow’s cheek.

“That’s my girl. I knew you’d get into it.”

Willow’s cheek lightly flushed where Tara’s lips pressed.

“My last paycheck will be in too, so I can at least buy a round of drinks.”

“They finally gave it up?” Tara asked, pleased.

Willow’s quite dubious former employees had been messing her around with the last of the money owed to her, but they had finally reached an agreement.

“After I agreed to give a statement to the cops.”

Tara’s brow creased.

“You were going to do that anyway.”

Willow grinned. She may have suggested that the police could stick it, but when they actually called she had little choice but to agree. Still, she was at least able to get some leverage out of it.

“They didn’t know that.”

Tara chuckled.

“Sneaky,” she said with the smirk obvious in her voice, “Want me to come to the police station with you?”

Willow waved a hand.

“Nah, it’s probably just a bunch of waiting around and telling them what happened. Don’t waste your lunchbreak.”

“If you’re sure, honey,” Tara replied with a nod.

Willow cast her gaze toward Tara and turned herself on her side. She brushed her hand down Tara’s side.

“About as sure as I am that you're the love of my life.”

Willow’s lips were close to Tara’s, and Tara couldn’t help glance at their plumpness.

“How sure is that?”

Willow’s eyes sparkled with love in the darkness.

“As sure as I am that the electrolysis of water into oxygen and hydrogen gas is a decomposition reaction.”

Tara patted Willow's shoulder.

“I'll take your word for it.”

Willow touched her fingertips against Tara's cheek and leaned in so their noses touched.

She let their breath meet for a moment and swirl into one, before kissing her to show her everything words couldn't.

Willow stepped off the bus onto the street she’d run away from last time she was there.

She looked up and down and didn’t see anybody skulking around or lurking in the shadows. She didn’t like being back in the neighbourhood of her former place of work, but she knew she had to get this over with.

In a way she was glad things had gone down with the owner like it had, not only because it got her out of there, but because she’d been so angry and embarrassed that there hadn’t been much room to be traumatised. When she thought back to it, the only violence she remembered was her own when she threw the name tag.

She hoped that wouldn’t come up.

Is assault by name tag a thing?

She crossed the street and made her way into the police station. She looked around for a moment, then knocked up to the nearest desk.

“Uh, hi. I have to give a statement about a robbery.”

The female cop looked up, then pulled her keyboard towards her.

“What’s your name?”

“Willow Rosenberg,” Willow answered.

The officer tapped for a moment, then pushed a clipboard towards her.

“Sign in here and you can wait in room three. Someone will be in with you shortly.”

Willow signed a form with her name, address and contact number, as well as ticking the relevant box for her visit. She was pointed in the right direction for the room she was to wait in and took a seat on the cold metal seat.

Minutes ticked by — a lot of them — and Willow was growing ever increasingly impatient.

“Shortly, my ass.”

She’d counted the tiles on the ceiling enough times to drive her crazy and tried to pull the handcuff bars on the table clean off so much that her fingers were red and indented.

Finally, another cop came to the door. He was an average sized man who tried to seem taller than he was, and had a hand placed near his gun importantly.

“You can leave.”

Willow looked up, confused.

“I didn’t give my statement.”

The cop shifted on his feet.

“We don’t require it any longer, ma’am,” he said ambiguously, “You’ve left your name and address, right?”

Willow nodded, but hoped they wouldn’t be in touch.

“Uh huh. It's kind of a trek out here…am I going to be called out again?”

The cop shook his head.

“Unlikely, ma'am. You’re free to go.”

Willow pushed herself up.

“Okay then.”

She left the dark room behind, only slightly annoyed at her wasted trip and completely unaware of the attention she’d begun to bring on herself.

Willow was sitting in bed, getting comfortable when suddenly the room was plunged into darkness.

She saw the alarm clock still displaying the time, so knew the power hadn't gone out. She was about to put a note in her phone to buy a new bulb when a flicker of light caught her eye. A moment later, it entered the room fully with Tara's silhouette behind.

Tara carried the candle-laden cupcake towards Willow, her smile slowly becoming more visible as she approached.

“Happy Birthday to you…Happy Birthday to you…Happy Birthday dear Willow…Happy Birthday to you.”

Tara sat beside Willow and presented her with the cupcake. Willow blew out the candle.

“Uh oh. Now I can't see my favourite thing in the world.”

“Cupcakes?” Tara asked.

Willow flicked on the lamp on her nightstand.

“You.”

Tara smiled and pressed a kiss to Willow's cheek.

“Happy Birthday,” she greeted, not for the first time that day, “My gift is delayed, but I have a little something for you…”

She pulled the corner of her robe away from her body and revealed nothing but the lacy, crotchless panties underneath.

Willow's eyes widened, which was the reaction Tara was hoping for.

“I thought my birthday dinner was the best thing I'd eat tonight…”

Tara let the robe slide off her body, then upturned the cupcake. She rubbed the frosting over her breasts and stomach, and it was just seconds before Willow had her on her back to lick it all up.

Willow's tongue eagerly tasted the sweet frosting against Tara's sweeter skin. As her mouth brushed Tara's bellybutton, her hands ran along the lace on her girlfriend's thighs. She loved the feel of the lacy material.

As she got lower she was completely enthralled by Tara's pussy framed by the fabric. She began to lick Tara while her fingers wove in and out of the material and against Tara's skin.

It was all very hot, both in internal and external temperatures. She could feel the heat radiating from Tara on her tongue and she loved it.

She was too turned on to tease, just wanting to feel her girlfriend's hot gush in her hot garment. Her tongue moved fast and she was undoing Tara in minutes; hearing her name bounce off the walls.

When things settled again, Willow came back up, still with frosting peeking out of the corner of her mouth. She was grinning, making it even more obvious.

“Happy Birthday to me,” she sang, off key but not caring an ounce.

She laid down and circled one of Tara's nipples on her gently heaving chest.

“Happy Birthday to me.”

Her fingers danced up to Tara's neck and brushed over the jutting bones of Tara's collarbone.

“Happy Birthday dear Willow.”

She leaned over and stole a kiss, which put the pleased grin back on her face.

“Happy Birthday to me.”

Willow watched Tara lay out her clothes to wear for the birthday celebrations that evening.

She ran her hand along the material of the little black dress, appreciating its sleek feel.

“You gonna wear those crotchless panties you wore on my birthday?”

Tara smiled over her shoulder coyly.

“If you want me to.”

“Would any sane person say no?” Willow asked with a playful smirk.

Tara went to the dresser and took the underwear out from her stash of lingerie. While there, she reached over to Willow’s side.

“If you get to pick my panties, I get to pick yours.”

She turned around with a pink pair flying around on her finger.

“My Hello Kitty ones,” Willow said wryly, “The height of sexiness.”

Tara bunched them in her hand.

“You wore these the first time we had sex.”

Willow cringed.

“Damn, they’re old. I should throw them out.”

Tara thrust them towards Willow.

“Wear them. I like them.”

Willow caught them with one hand.

“Okay, okay.”

She dropped the panties she was in and put on the new ones, then picked out the jeans she wanted to wear for the night. They were black and hugged her ass particularly nicely, an asset she wanted to show off since Tara would be thinking about what was underneath all evening.

As she was fastening the button, she felt a palm curve around her cheek and give it a tight squeeze.

“You know exactly what you’re doing,” Tara called back melodiously as she passed by on her way to the bathroom.

Willow smirked to herself and snapped her own waistband.

“Damn straight I do.”

She added a brown jacket which, unusually, didn’t clash; even going so far as to look chic. Tara’s fashion sense had improved since her stint in Paris and Willow’s was starting to follow. She’d always love a fuzzy sweater on a cold day but there was room to diversify too.

She went over to her jewellery box on the vanity table and picked out a chunky bangle to match. It was technically Tara’s, but Willow had stolen it once or twice and it had ended up in her box.

She shook it on, enjoying its bounce around her arm until it settled.

Tara returned in some makeup and stood behind Willow in front of the mirror.

“Do I look nice enough for this place? Where is it again?” Willow asked.

Tara nodded casually.

“I think so. I asked Brian instead of Becky since he’s less on the trendy scene. He said nice music and a good crowd. You know Brian; I doubt he’s sending us somewhere where they won’t let us in in this.”

Tara adjusted the shoulders on her dress, then squeezed each of Willow’s upper arms and smiled through the mirror.

“Okay?”

Willow reached up and squeezed Tara’s hand.

“Are we ready to go?”

Tara took a step back.

“Almost.”

She went over to her nightstand and opened the drawer. She took out a small, gift-wrapped rectangle box and brought it over.

“Happy Birthday. I’m sorry I didn’t have it on the day, they had some mailing mishap.”

Willow leaned up to kiss Tara’s cheek as she accepted the present.

“You’re always gift enough.”

Even so, she tore open the wrapping. Her eyes lit up when she saw the glossy iPhone embossed on the packaging.

“It’s the new one!”

“I picked Brian’s brains too when we talked about venues,” Tara replied for a soft smile, “He helped me figure out the right one. He renewed our contract or something so I could afford a nicer one. I didn’t think you’d mind.”

Willow threw her arms around Tara.

“Thank you. I had such techno jealousy watching people gush about this phone. I promise I’m not going to go crazy this time.”

She pecked Tara’s cheek again and immediately started to rip open the box. She looked up sheepishly.

“But I might bring it so I can set it up on the train.”

She skipped out to do a quick transfer from her old phone while Tara got her shoes on and gathered things in her purse.

They walked to the T station and got seats, where Willow proceeded to spend the entire journey tapping things onto the new phone. True to her word, however, once they were on the street again she put it securely away into her purse.

“Okay, I’m putting it away now. I’m your date for the evening.”

She linked her arm with Tara’s, who smiled back and they walked arm in arm to the address Brian had given them before.

They walked inside and were immediately met with an atmospheric buzz of a young twenty-something professional crowd. It was contemporary but casual, with the kind of soft lighting that probably made people drink quicker without the fear of judgement. It set a nice mood and probably increased the bar profits too.

Tara took her jacket off and hung it over her arm.

“Want a cocktail?”

They approached the bar together and Willow nodded.

“Sure. What are you getting?”

Tara picked up the menu on the bar.

“Mai Tai, I think.”

She handed it to Willow, who did the same.

“Hmm…I’ll do rum too. A cuba libre, please.”

“Want to get a seat?” Tara suggested while she got the bartender’s attention.

Willow went off, but was back just as Tara was paying for their drinks.

“I got a text from Brian, he’s upstairs with Becky.”

“Oh, cool,” Tara replied, handing Willow her glass, “Here you go.”

They walked up the winding stairs to the second floor of the bar, which was designed for people to either sit in booths or stand at a space in front of the stage.

Brian and Becky were sitting opposite in a booth directly across from the stage. Willow and Tara approached with a wave and embrace as they sat in.

“Hey guys, good to see you,” Willow greeted.

“Alice is doing a dinner with friends but she says she’ll call in after,” Tara added.

“This is where the band is playing, so I came early to get us good seats,” Brian explained, then his cheeks tinged pink, “It’s Disorder Corridor actually.”

Willow blushed too and kept her gaze on her drink.

“What am I missing here?” Becky asked, amused.

“They were playing when Brian took Willow out on a date,” Tara explained with a sideways smirk.

“That’s not what happened!” Willow protested with an eye roll, “Forget it, they’re a good band. Good choice. Cheers. Here’s to birthdays…and stuff.”

“To birthdays and stuff,” Becky returned, clinking her bottle of beer against Willow’s glass, then Tara’s and Brian’s.

They settled into chatting while the second floor filled with more people getting ready to see the band. It got quite crowded, which Willow was surprised about because they were just a local band, albeit a good one.

The band arrived to set up and did a little sound check and call outs to the crowd.

Finally the guitarist gave the nod to the lead singer that everything was ready and she grinned almost sensuously to the crowd, caressing the microphone stand at the same time.

“It’s time to…congregate.”

The band started playing an up-tempo song called ‘No Tears At This Birthday Party’ and one woman got up from a booth to dance alone, quite rhythmically.

Willow wasn't sure whether she wanted an audience or whether to avoid eye contact. After a few moments, one person from each table joined in unison.

Willow noticed people had pulled out cell phones to video. She was thoroughly confused as another round of bar-goers joined in, but became even more so when Becky and Brian jumped up to fall into the crowd. She opened her mouth to question it, but it stayed open in surprise when Tara got up a moment later to lead the whole thing, facing her.

A rose appeared from somewhere and was passed along the heads of the dancers, like a rocker who jumped into the crowd. Tara caught it, twirled it and handed it to Willow.

“Happy Birthday sweetheart.”

Willow took the rose with a look of utter confusion on her face, so Tara took her hands and pulled her up.

“You said you wanted to be in a flash mob once.”

Willow’s eyes widened with realisation.

“You did this?”

“Brian helped a whole lot. I owe him a lot this week,” Tara replied modesty, and tapped her feet near Willow’s, “There’s only half a song left.”

“I don’t know the moves,” Willow replied uncertainly, aware of everyone else looking at her.

“No one does, really,” Tara replied encouragingly, “Just follow along.”

Willow followed along and got quite caught up with it, clapping her hands together vigorously by the end.

“Happy Birthday, Willow!” the lead singer shouted into the mic with her charming smile while the last few guitar chords played, “You sure got a special lady out there who cares about you a whole lot. Are we ready to rock here tonight?”

There was a fresh cheer and people returned to their seats, passing by with smiles for Willow and Tara; all of them feeling united in the joy and rush of being involved in such an event.

Willow had red cheeks and a grin stretching from ear to ear.

“That was so much fun!” she gushed, going around to her friends and Tara to hug them all, “Thank you, everyone. That was amazing. I don’t know how you pulled it off but it was amazing!”

She was still jumping from toe to toe in beat with the new song as she grabbed her nearly empty glass and drained it.

“Need a refill stat! Who else?”

Brian indicated he did and reached for his wallet, but Willow put up a hand.

“No way, I owe you,” she said in a rush, “You at least deserve a drink for dancing like that.”

Becky knocked her shoulder against Brian’s as she slid in beside him in the booth.

“He’s not bad. Briany Two-Shoes.”

Brian blushed, but luckily it was missed as Willow had hurried off to get more drinks.

Tara went to thank the band between songs, who had used their online newsletter to attract the crowd and just generally been very helpful and generous with their time to pull off the birthday surprise.

As Willow was ordering the drinks, a hand appeared on the small of her back and she looked to the side as they accompanying figure pulled up beside her.

“Alice, hi.”

“Hello, Willow,” Alice greeted back, “Happy Birthday.”

She produced a card and handed it over. Willow smiled gratefully and opened it, where two tickets were enclosed along with a nice verse.

Willow was surprised; she still kind of thought of Alice being ‘Tara’s friend’, though Alice had never been anything but friendly and welcoming to her.

Becky and Brian had given Willow their gifts on the day, calling in at various times after work, before Tara had gotten home. She'd gotten enough books and DVDs to entertain her for weeks.

“Hey, wow! Convention tickets! How’d you think of that?”

“Brian suggested it,” Alice replied.

Willow just grinned.

“That boy’s been doing everything! You know what, I’m gonna bring him with me. I took Tara to a con once before anyway and I don’t think it was exactly her thing. Thank you!”

She hugged Alice easily.

“Let me get you a drink.”

Alice just nodded.

“I’ll get the next. Vodka cranberry, thank you. How are you?”

They exchanged pleasantries and brought the drinks back to the table. Everyone greeted Alice and Willow and Brian started talking excitedly about the convention when Willow told him she was bringing him.

Willow was on a complete high from everything and unusually sociable, stopping to talk to other booths who had participated before. Tara noticed her bringing drinks to tables and when Willow was at the bar yet again, Tara approached her.

“You’re buying a lot of drinks, Will.”

“I actually have money in the bank for once!” Willow replied giddily, then shouted to the bar, “Hey, everyone…next round is on me!”

Everyone cheered and Tara tugged Willow away.

“Willow, are you sure?” she asked quickly.

“Of course I’m sure!” Willow replied and leaned over to pop a smooch on Tara’s lips, “Don’t be a spoilsport.”

“It’s just—” Tara started but Willow interrupted smugly.

“Whose birthday is it?”

“Okay, honey, as long as you’re happy,” Tara conceded with a smile, “Come dance with me?”

Willow left her card behind the bar and took Tara’s hands, twirling her onto the dance floor.

“This is the best night of my life!”

This is the worst morning of my life.

…was the most coherent thought to go through Willow’s mind as her eyes fought the weight keeping them closed in the form of a very oppressive headache.

Her vision swirled but eventually she was able to blink into some kind of clarity.

She became aware that she was naked under a loosely strewn blanket, but she couldn’t quite make out where she was through her heavy blinks.

Those two facts collided startlingly for her and she sat up in horror, despite her body’s protestations.

Sheer and utter relief passed over her face when she realised she was in her own room, in her own bed, with her own Tara and had just been upside down, thus screwing her sense of perception with her already foggy mind.

She fell right-side up onto the pillow with a groan and shuffled towards Tara for comfort.

Tara woke with all the movement and brought a hand up to rub her eye. She had remained quite sober when it became apparent Willow was out on the town, so she had little hangover induced tenderness to deal with.

Her head settled on the pillow and she smiled across.

“Good morning, my tipsy little elf.”

Willow’s nose scrunched painfully and she reached out for Tara, surprised to feel pyjamas under the sheet.

“Did we have sex?”

Tara arched an eyebrow.

“You were hammered. I have a basic standard of decency,” she brushed off, though could see Willow was confused about why she was naked, “You were too hot so you took off all your clothes and tried to hump the fan.”

Willow’s eyes grew wide.

“I did not!”

“Who has the clearer memory?” Tara challenged.

Willow scowled with embarrassment, then her frown deepened even more as she turned back to Tara.

“So I didn’t even get to enjoy your crotchless panties?”

Tara grinned.

“You wolf whistled while I got undressed and then started snoring about five seconds later.”

Willow groaned, more in frustration this time and blew a piece of hair from her face in annoyance. She shook her head.

“When I woke up naked and couldn’t recognise the room, I thought—” she started but quickly back-peddled when she saw the look forming on Tara’s face, “That I was in Becky’s place and she played a prank on me.”

“Mmm,” Tara replied dubiously but didn’t press the issue.

Willow wisely shut up and closed her eyes for a little while, but didn’t feel any better.

“Are you sure I’m not dying? Do I need to call a rabbi?”

“I don’t know what you’d do with one even if you were dying. When was the last time you were in a synagogue?” Tara joked, though her hand did slip under to rub Willow’s tummy for comfort, “Don’t worry, I'm sure your new best friends will take care of you.”

Willow’s eyes flickered open and her brow creased.

“My new best friends?”

“From all the drinks you bought,” Tara explained.

“You mean for our friends?” Willow tried to clarify, fuzzy after accepting her gift from Alice.

“No, you bought the whole bar drinks,” Tara said, her brow creasing in the same way, “Don’t you remember?”

Willow’s eyes bugged.

“I did WHAT?!?”

She scrambled around trying to find her phone, eventually finding it in her discarded pants pocket as she hung out of bed.

She swung it, and herself, around and frantically tapped her info into her banking app.

She spent several tense seconds staring at the screen before tossing her phone so hard onto the bed, it bounced.

“DAMN IT! I spent it, I spent every damn penny.”

Tara sat up, frowning. She placed her hand on the small of Willow’s back.

“I asked if you were sure you wanted to spend your paycheck, you said you were. I should have stopped you, I’m sorry. We didn’t need it for bills and I just figured you decided to have a big blow out after all the stress that job bought.”

Willow’s head hung in her hands, her whole body deflating.

“I just…I wanted to get something.”

“Well, what is it?” Tara asked, “Maybe we can save up for it.”

Willow shook her head.

“No, I’ll…” she started, interrupting herself with a sigh, “I’ll figure something out.”

Tara encouraged Willow to lie back down with her and cuddled in nice and close.

“I’m sorry you spent your money when you didn’t want to, but you had a really good night,” she said, trying to cheer her disheartened girlfriend up.

Willow looked over at her messy bed-headed girlfriend and decided she didn’t have many woes in life.

“Still can’t believe you organised a flash mob for me.”

Tara leaned in and pressed a messy, lingering kiss on Willow’s cheek, complete with requisite ‘mwah’.

“I love you.”

It tickled, forcing Willow to smile, but she was starting to do so of her own accord any way.

“Love you more. And don’t even try and argue.”

Tara smiled and returned Willow her phone, which she’d taken off the bed in case Willow damaged it with her frustration.

“At least you didn’t lose your new phone last night. You sure took plenty of photos.”

Willow took it and brought up the pictures from the night before. She didn’t recognise half the people in them.

“Looks like I took a lot of selfies. Hey, why the heck am I showing people my hello kitty underwear!?”

“You called them your ‘I got laid’ panties,” Tara replied before asking curiously, “What’s a selfie?”

Willow opened the camera app and snapped a pic quicker than Tara even saw the flash.

“This is.”

Tara spotted her bewildered face pop up on screen and blushed. She brought the blanket up higher.

“You’re not getting any nudie pics. You’re lucky I let you keep that video.”

“Just come here and smile,” Willow requested with mock exasperation.

Tara shuffled closer again and Willow took a selfie of their two heads on the one pillow. She looked at the picture and felt her belly flutter at Tara’s smile.

It didn’t matter how much time passed, Tara could always turn Willow into a ball of mush and invoke those feelings of first love. Except, as time passed, they got stronger instead of diminishing. That’s what made Willow so sure.

She wanted forever with Tara.

“You’re so pretty.”

“Probably just a good angle,” Tara dismissed.

Willow sighed and eyed her girlfriend. One day, she hoped, Tara might take heed of her beauty.

“Accept the compliment?”

Tara kissed Willow’s cheek and threw an arm around her waist under the covers.

“I will if you won’t be upset about last night.”

Willow nodded.

“I’m not. I'm in bed with you, I'm in my happy place. I’ll figure things out.”

And she would.

She was lucky to have a blown paycheck be the height of her worries.

And luckier to be waking up every morning beside the love of her life.

Post subject: Re: Re: Adult Confidential (Follow-On to CC) [AU] 05/18/16
PostPosted: Wed May 18, 2016 11:48 am 
9. Gay Now

Dibs-y Goodness! :applause :banana :bounce :grin

Yay for excellent update-y goodness... Big yay for Tara organizing the birthday party/flash mob thingy with Brian's help... Lol for the Willow's drink buying frenzy... I hope that they don't have too much troubles after Willow "wasted" her paycheck...

PostPosted: Wed May 18, 2016 12:19 pm 

Great, missed dibs by a hairs-breadth again... :gnome Well, worse things can happen in life, I guess...

I very enjoyed the private celebration with the crotchless panties... :drool
Yay for Tara gifting Willow with an new I-phone and a flashmob on top! Bummer Willow spent all the money she probably planned to buy engagement-rings with, though... But hey, we know she will somehow get the money to afford them in a few months.

I'm really looking forward to Willow and Brian geeking out at the convention.

Willow's futile waiting at the police station seemed a bit mysterious to me, and this sounded even rather ominous:
Quote:
She left the dark room behind, only slightly annoyed at her wasted trip and completely unaware of the attention she’d begun to bring on herself.

I'm hoping you mean the attention of the FBI searching for a new analyst and not the attention of some psychotic criminal or something...

Post subject: Re: Re: Adult Confidential (Follow-On to CC) [AU] 05/18/16
PostPosted: Fri May 20, 2016 10:17 am 
4. Extra Flamey

Topics: 3
Tara in crotchless panties gosh dang...I love the way you write their interactions and how they can go from silly to tender so easily. I hope Willow doesn't have anymore problems with the police or her old job :/ I'm really enjoying the journey Willow is going through to find her perfect job I'm kind in the same situation now so it feels like I'm not alone in the job hunting process. Can't wait to read more!

"In the pale light of the moon, I play the game of you"- Neil Gaiman, Sandman

Post subject: Re: Adult Confidential (Follow-On to CC) [AU] 05/25/16
PostPosted: Wed May 25, 2016 9:16 am 
Ms. Moderator Fantastico
Ms. Moderator Fantastico

zampsa19752001

Quote:
Dibs-y Goodness! :applause :banana :bounce :grin

You got it :D

Quote:
Yay for excellent update-y goodness... Big yay for Tara organizing the birthday party/flash mob thingy with Brian's help... Lol for the Willow's drink buying frenzy... I hope that they don't have too much troubles after Willow "wasted" her paycheck...

Glad you enjoyed it and don't worry, they'll survive :)

Thanks for commenting!

Will's redemption

Quote:
Great, missed dibs by a hairs-breadth again... :gnome Well, worse things can happen in life, I guess...

I have a pretty hearty tradition of second dibs in my fics and you are welcome to claim it :)

Quote:
I very enjoyed the private celebration with the crotchless panties... :drool
Yay for Tara gifting Willow with an new I-phone and a flashmob on top!

The gifts that keep on giving.

Quote:
Bummer Willow spent all the money she probably planned to buy engagement-rings with, though... But hey, we know she will somehow get the money to afford them in a few months.

Willow is very resourceful.

Quote:
I'm really looking forward to Willow and Brian geeking out at the convention.

I'm not sure how much I'll include but there'll defintely be sometting.

Quote:
Willow's futile waiting at the police station seemed a bit mysterious to me, and this sounded even rather ominous:

I'm hoping you mean the attention of the FBI searching for a new analyst and not the attention of some psychotic criminal or something...

Well, the FBI weren't searching for a new analyst, they cut her a deal. She'd been on their radar for a while.

nightmask

Quote:
Tara in crotchless panties gosh dang...

Gosh dang, even.

Quote:
I love the way you write their interactions and how they can go from silly to tender so easily.

Thank you, they make it easy :)

Quote:
I hope Willow doesn't have anymore problems with the police or her old job :/

Nothing will happen that hasn't already happened...does that give it away? :wink

Quote:
I'm really enjoying the journey Willow is going through to find her perfect job I'm kind in the same situation now so it feels like I'm not alone in the job hunting process. Can't wait to read more!

I hope you find it!

Update Directly Below

PostPosted: Wed May 25, 2016 9:17 am 
Ms. Moderator Fantastico
Ms. Moderator Fantastico

Chapter 39

“Honey, I’m home…”

Tara walked in from work, greeting Willow in the cheesy way she loved.

Willow looked up from reading on the couch and smiled. Tara came over to give her a kiss and dropped a package next to her.

“This was in the parcel box. Your name caught my eye on the way in.”

Willow’s eyes dropped to it and she snatched it up quickly.

“That’s, uh, some, um, new bras I bought. Saw a good offer online, heh,” she said with a nervous chuckle, before whispering to herself, “This was supposed to come recorded.”

Tara was already on her way to the kitchen to get a cold drink.

“Calm down, I’m not going to look at your super-secret package,” she teased with a grin as she twisted the cap off a Snapple, “I know what it is anyway.”

Willow gulped.

“Y-you do?”

Tara nodded.

“Something for your dress up thing at the convention,” she said, swiping her sleeve over her mouth, “It’s called cosplaying, right? I read about it.”

Willow’s eyes were wide and she nodded quickly.

“Oh, yes. Yes, it is.”

Tara came back over to sit near Willow.

“You don’t have to hide it from me. I won’t laugh at you,” she reassured softly, “I think it sounds really fun.”

Willow was touched, but eager to get the evidence out of sight.

“Thanks. Gonna go um…”

Tara just nodded and Willow ran off to the bedroom. When she returned, she saw Tara drinking again and rubbing her throat as it went down.

“You okay?” she asked with concern.

Tara cleared her throat.

“Have something caught in my throat all day.”

“Try some yogurt?” Willow suggested, “I have dinner in the oven. One pot chicken and rice, your recipe. It’ll be a few minutes though.”

Tara started to stand but Willow put a hand up.

“I’ll get it.”

Willow got one of Tara’s yogurts from the fridge, pulled the foil lid off and brought it over to her with a spoon.

Tara kissed Willow’s cheek as she sat down beside her.

“Thanks, honey.”

A few spoonfuls of the cool yogurt did seem to help that uncomfortable feeling in her throat and she cuddled herself into Willow’s side.

“It’s nice to be home with my lady with a whole weekend ahead.”

Willow put her arm around Tara and watched her close her eyes and relax. She liked seeing the gentle quirk of Tara’s lips as her breath exhaled from her nose and tickled her. She admired just how still her girlfriend could be.

“I think it’s definitely a dinner on the couch kind of night,” she said, seeing the weight of the work week had played heavily on Tara’s shoulders.

Tara took in a sharp inhale to get some oxygen into her brain and wake her up for the evening.

“Sorry. Been staving off a cold all week. It’s worn me out.”

Willow gave Tara’s shoulder a little massage.

“Well, we can be Willow and Tara NoPlans this weekend.”

Tara sent a tired but true smile in Willow’s direction.

“How’s that for a married name?”

Willow offered an awkward smile back and quickly jumped up to check on dinner.

“You okay with foregoing a salad? There’s veggies in the casserole.”

“Sure, that’s fine honey,” Tara replied easily, “Can I help at all?”

“Nope,” Willow replied surely from the kitchen, “I love your collection of one pot dinners. One pot, two bowls, two spoons and one very happy Willow who doesn’t have to do too many dishes.”

“I’ll do the dishes,” Tara offered.

“Not what I meant,” Willow replied, smile evident in her voice, “Although you would offer on the night with less than five to do.”

“Hey, I do the dishes all the time,” Tara said, bending her head back over the couch to see into the kitchen.

Willow came over and kissed Tara’s upside down lips.

“I know you do, I’m teasing.”

She picked up Tara’s empty bottle and threw it in the trash.

“Need another drink?”

Tara nodded.

“Yes please. But from the pitcher. Don’t want to drink all the Snapples in one go. I love when you’re able to get those on special offer.”

“You’re so demanding,” Willow replied with mock seriousness as she poured Tara a glass of sweet tea with ice and lemon, “You never ask for anything treat-like from the grocery store so snapping up a couple of boxes when I see that $3 off coupon is the least I can do. Even worth the precarious juggle home.”

She brought it over and left it on a coaster on the end table, grinning.

“Get it? Snapping up the Snapples?”

“Oh so witty,” Tara replied dryly, then offered a soft smile, “And oh so pretty.”

Willow gave Tara another upside down kiss, lingered for a few sweet moments before returning to the kitchen to dish out dinner.

She brought Tara’s bowl over first with a napkin to shield her lap from the heat, and then came back again with her own.

“Dig in. Hope it’s good.”

“Smells it,” Tara replied lovingly.

She dug her spoon in deep and got a little bit of everything. She settled her head on Willow’s shoulder.

“Delicious, sweetie. You treat me so well; coming home to a home cooked meal every evening.”

Willow kissed the parting of Tara’s hair.

“It’s a pleasure to make a meal and share it with you.”

They enjoyed chatting about their day over dinner most evenings but sometimes, like tonight, Willow knew Tara needed a bowl of something she could eat with one utensil handed to her and the TV flicked on to the first mindless movie that came along.

So Willow did just that, grabbing the remote and channel hopping until Tara made a noise that signalled her interest. Willow didn’t recognise the title but it seemed like a fairly generic and innocuous chick flick, which suited her fine.

When she noticed Tara had finished and was paying attention to the movie, she discreetly slipped away to wash their bowls. She put a pack of popcorn in the microwave and refreshed Tara’s drink while it popped.

Tara reached out and caressed Willow’s wrist.

“You’re pampering me.”

Willow winked.

“You deserve it.”

She brought the bowl of popcorn down and sat it between them on their laps.

Tara casually draped her arm around Willow’s shoulders.

“This is just what I needed.”

“You’re easy to please,” Willow replied, smiling when their fingers brushed in the bowl, “Feels like our first date…still giving me the butterflies.”

Tara pressed a piece of popcorn in between Willow’s teeth, then pressed their lips together for a salty kiss.

They settled back in to watch TV and Tara kicked off her shoes to putt her feet up on the table.

She ate a little bit of popcorn but it scratched her throat again, so she left it for Willow to vacuum up. She wasn’t worried; food rarely lasted long around her girlfriend.

They spent the evening watching trash TV, cuddling in various positions and playing footsie when their feet graced the table at the same time.

Willow was the first in bed, as Tara liked to take her time with her night time routine. Willow’s night time routine was to play on her phone, as she was doing now.

She often wondered how she survived the lull of waiting for Tara to come to bed without a smart phone. With much more agitation, she supposed.

Or anticipation.

She thought for a second and slowly put her phone down, then chastised herself for expecting anything from Tara that night knowing how long a week her girlfriend had had.

She scooted down until she was lying on her pillow, plugged her phone in to charge and turned off her lamp.

When Tara came to bed a few minutes later, Willow gave her a squeeze and kissed her cheek.

“Goodnight, I love you.”

She shuffled back to her side of the bed and Tara looked over with a crooked smile.

“Is a cheek kiss all that’s on offer tonight?”

Willow’s head swung back in surprise.

“Everything is on offer,” she said, coming back over to Tara, “I didn’t want to pressure you when you’re not feeling 100%.”

Tara pressed her palm against the exposed part of Willow’s collarbone and ran her fingers along the protruding bones.

“I am 100% feeling you.”

Willow grinned and reached across Tara’s waist to splay a hand around her hip.

“You smooth-talking devil, you.”

They leaned in together and met for a kiss. Before it got too deep, Tara pushed herself off Willow’s shoulders and broke the kiss.

“Put some music on,” she requested softly.

Willow’s lips quirked upwards again.

“Oh, you want that kinda night, huh?”

“I just want to re-lax with my girlfriend,” Tara replied, her eyes falling from Willow’s eyes to her plump lips, “If she’s up for it.”

Willow’s hips were almost hopping off the bed.

“She’s up so high, she’s flying,” she said eagerly.

She pressed her lips to Tara’s fingers, then held up a finger to indicate she’d just be one minute. Tara nodded and laid back on her pillow, settling herself as she watched Willow scoot around the room finding music and candles.

Willow placed a CD into the player and a rhythmic R’n’B tune started to play. It wasn’t the usual music either of them listened to, but it was definitely setting the right mood.

“Say what you want about Becky, but she knows good music to have sex to,” Willow said as she lit a scented candle.

“Did she actually say that’s what it was for when she gave you that CD?” Tara asked with a quirked eyebrow.

Willow looked over her shoulder with a grin and held up the CD case which had ‘Sex Music’ scribbled in large letters on the insert where the song titles should be.

Tara smiled too, shaking her head.

“Don’t tell her we played it.”

“Do I look stupid?” Willow asked as she bounced back over to the bed, “She’ll ask what position we were in for each song.”

Tara turned off her lamp as Willow slid back under the covers, but there was still the perfect amount of light coming from the flames of the various candles to see everything she wanted.

She moved onto her back as Willow got closer and felt that slight rush in her chest as her girlfriend moved on top of her.

Willow watched Tara’s lips part as she had to put a little more effort into breathing. She loved seeing those micro responses to arousal in Tara; each a tiny exhibition building her own desire.

She dropped her mouth to the corner of Tara’s, pressing teasing kisses there for a moment before slipping her tongue past her girlfriend’s lips.

Tara grabbed Willow’s cheeks and pulled her in closer so their mouths were as close as they could be.

Willow’s hand slipped under Tara’s top so her fingers sank into the softness of Tara’s stomach. They crept up slowly, as slowly as they were taking the kiss, until Willow’s fingers brushed against the underside of Tara’s bare breast.

She loved that Tara wore no bra in bed. She loved that she could feel their swell unrestricted and loved to watch as her girlfriend's nipples began to strain through the fabric of her thin top.

Her lips descended into Tara’s neck just so her gaze could steal those glances. Her hand continued creeping up to palm the area.

Tara felt their stomachs brush as they moved; fleeting connections of skin, which sent pulsations between her legs. Her hips lifted and fell back to the bed, pulling the seam in her sleep shorts in a dangerous direction.

Willow heard the sharp inhalation of breath, so had a little nibble on Tara’s skin to draw it out. Her hand slipped off Tara’s breast and raked back down her stomach again. She pulled the strings free on Tara’s shorts in one fluid movement.

Tara’s eyes fluttered closed as Willow brushed against her downy hairs. The near-touch made her shiver and gush with new arousal.

Willow felt Tara’s heat push up against her hand and she dropped in to wet her fingers with the arousal she caused. She knew Tara was struggling in the shorts, so eased them down her legs and off.

They hadn’t even hit the floor yet, when Tara was pulling Willow to her again. She lifted Willow’s top over her head and flung it sideways, then took a generous handful in each hand of what was revealed.

Willow wasn’t one to miss out, so she divested Tara of her tank top too.

Tara sat up back against the wall and had Willow kneel in her lap. She pressed her fingers along Willow’s collarbone and up over her shoulders, then around to caress the hairs at the nape of her neck.

She gave a little tug so they were close enough for their breath to mingle. She let the warmth hit her lips for a few moments before closing the tiny gap to kiss Willow again.

Her hands slid down Willow’s sides and slipped under the waistband of her pyjama pants.

Willow giggled into Tara’s mouth, which made her smile.

She loved Willow’s laugh.

She pulled away, though not without a series of lasting pecks to tide her over while she gave Willow an instruction.

“Lie down.”

Willow scooted away and laid on her back, but Tara made a twirling motion with her finger.

“Other way.”

Willow complied and rolled onto her stomach. Tara moved to straddle Willow’s clothed butt. She drew designs on the small of her girlfriend’s back, just to tickle and tease her.

Willow closed her eyes to appreciate the touches more and was so engrossed, she actually jumped when her pyjama bottoms were yanked over her ass. She looked over her shoulder and watched as Tara’s mouth kissed up her thigh to her cheek again.

She felt the kiss turn into a little bite and an involuntarily moan escaped her lips.

Tara’s mouth stayed on point but her eyes glanced upwards. Willow saw their mischievous glint and blushed. She turned redder, in both sets of cheeks, as Tara’s hand lightly slapped her ass on the other side.

Willow turned her head back into the pillow while Tara littered her butt with lovebites. The little nips were highly erotic and Willow could feel herself becoming dangerously aroused.

Tara trailed her lips to the base of Willow’s spine and her tongue flicked out to stimulate the skin. She could feel Willow trembling beneath.

The music was still filling the room, and moving her body in rhythm to the melodious beat made Tara feel incredibly sexy. She brushed her hair over one shoulder to move it out of the way before licking her way up to the nape of Willow’s neck.

She did this over and over again, adding in the press of her breasts to massage Willow along the way.

Willow’s fingers were loosely bunched in the sheet as she experienced the sensual mix of sensation.

Eventually she felt Tara’s hand snake up past her shoulder, bend her arm upwards and take hold of her hand which was now angled above her head.

The hair on the back of Willow’s neck stood up in anticipation and she gasped as she felt Tara’s other hand slide over the curve of her ass to probe her pussy from behind.

Her thighs spread to accommodate the position.

Tara pressed one finger inside Willow’s walls, pulling her arousal out and coating herself in the process. She added a second finger to give Willow that full feeling and then not long after a third for the sweet stretch.

She watched Willow’s head lift from the pillow for her to cry out in pleasure and didn’t disappoint; offering the friction it was obvious her girlfriend wanted.

Willow grinded her hips down into the bed to complement Tara’s movements, going down when she went up so there was constant pleasure-filled contact. She could feel herself getting close and she knew she wasn’t being shy with her moans to make that known.

Tara’s hand suddenly shifted and while Willow started to look back in shock, and perhaps to beg, when she felt a thumb curl under her and find her clit while the other fingers remained inside. All digits curved towards each other so Willow was being utterly stimulated inside and out.

Both hands clutched the sheet as her hips bucked wildly and with abandon.

Tara moved back over Willow as she had been earlier, pressing her body into her girlfriend’s back. Her nipples were hard from touching Willow and scraped along her spine.

Willow’s eyes shut tight as the swell inside began to rush towards pleasure. Her voice broke into higher and higher vocalisations until nothing could come out anymore.

Her eyelids fluttered as she came, smile plastered on her face and breath caught in her throat.

Tara stilled her hand and waited for that split second in time where the orgasm had passed but Willow hadn’t relaxed her muscles again yet. Just when the moment struck, she thrust at an angle.

Willow’s teeth bit the pillow as another orgasm bubbled over. She thought she might melt into a puddle, though was happy to let it happen.

After a few minutes of stillness, she felt Tara’s hand slip out and come to rest over her ass. There was a little squeeze, a series of squeezes really, which made Willow smile.

Kisses followed along Willow’s shoulder blade and when Willow felt them begin to tickle her neck, she turned herself over.

She reached up and tucked some hair behind Tara’s ear. She loved how soft Tara's hair was and how her fingers would just glide through.

She lifted her head up to tuck her nose in under Tara’s ear to get the fruity scent of her hair. She nuzzled their cheeks together, then slowly pulled back until their faces were close.

She nipped at Tara’s lips playfully a few times before finally engaging in a deep kiss.

Tara slid her tongue into Willow’s mouth the same way her body pressed in; letting their thighs and breasts hug each other.

Their stiff nipples brushed and Tara felt her sticky thighs get stickier.

Willow felt it too.

She shifted her legs so she could put her thigh where Tara needed it, but it became quickly apparent that that wasn’t enough.

Her hand moved between their bodies and her fingers dipped along Tara’s lips. They gathered wetness and she brought the pads over Tara’s clit.

Tara’s lips trembled away from Willow’s as she took in a sharp breath of air. She sat back so she was straddling Willow.

Willow watched Tara’s legs spread either side of her hips and dropped her hand to move inside.

She loved that first jerk when Tara felt her entering and the subsequent spread of pleasure on her face.

Tara was obviously wet and more than ready so Willow didn’t deny when Tara set a fast pace.

She added in her own finger curls and twists to work her girlfriend how she knew so well and was rewarded with the unobstructed view of Tara’s whole body coming undone.

Tara’s palms lay flat on Willow’s abdomen, under her breasts, which she used as leverage in her movements. Her body bounced with each thrust.

She took Willow’s fingers deeply as often as her body would allow and could feel it all rushing towards climax.

As it hit, her fingers bent and her nails dragged along a few inches on Willow’s ribcage. A last, long moan accompanied the release.

Willow loved having little lasting effects of Tara’s desire, like the lovebites and the scratches so she was grinning quite happily to herself as her girlfriend laid back down beside her to catch her breath.

Willow turned on her side to trace Tara’s collarbone and after a few moments Tara turned the same way so they were facing each other.

Tara’s cheeks were still flushed and her hair stuck to her brow, but she could speak normally.

She brushed a finger tenderly against Willow’s cheek.

“I don’t tell you you’re beautiful enough.”

Willow’s smile changed to a softer one and she leaned in to peck Tara’s lips.

“You don’t have to tell me when you show me all the time.”

Tara splayed her whole hand out on Willow’s cheek and leaned in to kiss her again.

They kissed and cuddled as the CD played out, though Willow did have something else on her mind.

“I want some ice-cream,” she announced, then continued off Tara’s look, “What? I worked up an appetite.”

Tara just smiled.

“Go get a bowl.”

Willow grinned, jumped up and ran out, butt naked. Tara rested her hands behind her read and indulged in a luxurious stretch.

Willow returned a couple of minutes later, frowning.

“We don’t have any. I forgot to put it on the list,” she grumbled before sighing dramatically as she fell back into bed, “I suppose I’ll survive.”

Tara looked at Willow for a few seconds, playfully rolled her eyes and swung her legs over the bed.

“What are you doing?” Willow asked with a crease in her brow.

Tara looked over her shoulder as she threw her shirt back on, braless.

“I’m getting you some ice cream because I’m the best girlfriend in the world.”

“No, no, I didn’t mean that,” Willow said quickly, and genuinely.

Tara smiled and winked.

“Sure you didn’t.”

Willow started to sit up.

“I’ll g—”

Tara leaned over and put a finger against Willow’s lips.

“Get a spoon ready and keep the bed warm.”

Willow smiled behind Tara’s finger and nodded. Tara buttoned her pants and left the room, grabbing her jacket to cover her dishevelled appearance and throwing one of Willow’s beanie hats on with it.

She walked outside and to the end of the street to the convenience store there.

She went over to the freezer and picked out a pint of one of their favourites. She had the cash ready to go as she approached the cash counter and the man behind put the ice-cream in a bag so she wouldn’t have to freeze her hands off.

Tara took it gratefully.

“Thanks Mr. Chatterjee.”

“Enjoy,” he replied with his smiling Indian accent, despite the hour.

Tara didn’t dawdle; it wasn’t the most comforting thing to be out alone in the middle of the night, and besides, she wanted to get back to Willow.

She hung the jacket and hat back up together and brought the tub into Willow, who snatched it, although delicately.

Tara undressed again and noticed she’d achieved the great feat of pulling Willow’s attention away from the ice-cream, mid pulling the lid off.

Never one to disappoint, she put on a little show; swaying and covering parts of herself as she disrobed to prolong the anticipation.

Finally she sauntered over, naked, to Willow and popped the lid of the tub off.

“Never say I don’t deliver the goods,” she whispered provocatively.

Willow gulped and had to take a minute to compose herself.

Tara walked back over to her side of the bed and slid back under the covers, appreciating the warmth even more after being outside. It may have been summer, but the middle of the night was the middle of the night.

Willow licked her lips as her coveted treat finally passed her lips.

“Ice cream tastes better at midnight.”

“Is it because it feels naughty?” Tara asked with mirth-filled eyes.

Willow grinned salaciously, spoon hanging out of her mouth.

“That must be why you taste so good all the time.”

Tara started to smile but then brought a hand to her throat as she tried to clear it of the uncomfortable bulge she felt suddenly appear.

“Still scratchy?” Willow asked sympathetically.

Tara felt an ache as she tried to speak.

“Tender.”

Willow dug deep into the carton and offered Tara the spoon when she pulled it out.

“Ice cream will numb it.”

Tara managed to complete her smile this time.

Even if the ice-cream didn’t work, Willow feeding her would certainly keep her mind plenty occupied.

Tara woke with her back to the sun but was still able to feel the warmth behind her head and neck.

It was pleasant, especially since the front of her face didn’t feel all that great.

She didn’t feel miserable, but her head was heavy and her throat was sore.

She sat up in the otherwise empty bed and curved her hand around her throat. It wasn’t hot or particularly tender to touch, but it did ache inside. She patted her chest and gave a small cough, which scratched on its way up.

She swung her legs off the bed and looked around for the clothes that had been discarded the night before, but Willow seemed to have already done a sweep of the floor.

She went to the dresser and pulled out a pair of sweats and her too-big college t-shirt. She loosely tied the strings on the sweats after putting them on and settled the shirt so it fell past her waist.

It was a lazy dressing, but she didn’t feel like putting in much more effort right then. She moved on to the bathroom and gargled and brushed her teeth to freshen up.

She finally made her way out to the living room, where Willow was sitting on the couch with her legs crossed and her laptop on her lap.

“Morning,” she said, turning her attention away from the screen for a quick smile, “There’s coffee in the pot.”

Tara opened her mouth to say thank you but only a wheeze came out, followed by a rough cough. She brought her hand up and patted under her throat to try and aid sound.

Willow heard the odd noise and looked up.

“Baby? Are you okay?”

Tara appeared to swallow repeatedly and opened her mouth again to speak.

Willow slid her laptop off her lap and came over to where Tara was standing.

“Honey?” she asked with concern.

Tara patted her collarbone again, mouth still open.

“You can’t speak?” Willow guessed.

Tara nodded.

“Can’t,” she managed to force out in a low gravel, with some difficulty.

Willow recognised that hoarse sound from her trip to Europe with her parents when she was a teenager. Her father had gotten sick and her mother had acted like he’d personally affronted her.

“Baby, you must have laryngitis,” she said, putting that memory out of her mind to focus on her girlfriend.

She put her hands on Tara’s neck and had a little feel for anything.

Tara had to smile at Dr. Willow.

Willow gently pulled Tara’s chin down and got her to open her mouth so she could look inside.

“Okay, yeah, that’s red raw,” she said, grimacing even looking at how painful Tara’s throat looked, “And I sent you out in the middle of the night for ice cream.”

“Not your—” Tara started but Willow put her finger up against her girlfriend’s lips.

“Don’t try to speak, don’t try to speak.”

She brought her the back of her hand up to feel Tara’s forehead and cheeks.

“Don’t think you have a fever, at least. We should make an out-of-hours doctor’s appointment.”

“Waste,” Tara choked out, “Money.”

“Your health is not a waste,” Willow insisted, but Tara seemed too tired to argue so she gave it up, “Okay. I guess we can see if it clears up. But you definitely need to rest up this weekend. And don’t try to speak!”

Tara held her hands up in surrender and Willow walked her over to the couch. She got her settled with fluffed cushions and a blanket and handed her to remote.

“You are to stay there, cuddly and warm by decree of me. Thus sealed with this kiss.”

She smacked a kiss to Tara’s cheek, then rubbed the spot gently and fixed the blanket over her lap.

When she was happy Tara was comfy, she grabbed her laptop and moved over to the opposite couch, to finish up what she’d been doing before Tara had come in.

After a couple of minutes she noticed Tara was motioning at her. Her fingers were curling and releasing in a movement Willow was quite used to feeling, but not seeing.

It took her longer than it should have to realise Tara was just asking her to come to her. She blushed bright red.

“Oh!”

Tara didn’t seem to notice where Willow’s mind had gone and just took her hand when she came forward and put it against her stomach. Willow nodded quickly.

“You’re hungry,” she deduced, “Okay, hmm…how about some soft scrambled eggs and I’ll defrost some chicken soup for lunch? Get some good old fashioned Jewish penicillin into you.”

Tara smiled and nodded gratefully. Willow went off into the kitchen, but returned moments later with a yogurt and a glass of juice.

“Have this while you wait.”

She left them on the end table with a spoon. Tara pressed her fingers to her lips and then reached out to press them to Willow’s. Willow squeezed Tara’s hand, then went back to the kitchen to whip up some eggs for them both.

After an unusually silent breakfast, Tara lay down on the couch and turned on a Law and Order marathon. It didn’t stay silent for long as Tara began to cough. It sounded rough and Willow could only take so much, both from the noise and imagining the pain her girlfriend must be in.

She stood up and put her laptop away.

“Listen, I’m going to get you some Tylenol and cough syrup. Stay warm, I’ll be as quick as I can.”

She disappeared into the bedroom to get dressed and run the brush through her hair so she didn’t startle the good people of Boston with her wild mane.

She could hear Tara hacking her lungs up even with the door closed as she brushed her teeth. She winced. She went out and offered a head kiss for comfort and yet again fussed with her blanket.

Tara felt totally comforted, as intended, and cuddled into a cushion to get even more comfortable.

She dozed while Willow was gone, which was the best part of an hour.

Willow came swinging through the door with two full bags.

“I have medicines, I have Jell-O, I have honey for tea,” she listed, dropping the bags on the table and taking something out, “And I got you a present.”

She brought over a mini handheld whiteboard with a black marker attached on the side. She presented it to Tara with a sheepish smile.

“They were on clearance in the stationary section.”

Tara was touched and mouthed ‘thank you’, then took the board and wrote something.

Willow smiled as it was turned to her.

“I love you too. Can I do anything else for you?”

Tara held her arms open and Willow embraced her in a big hug.

Tara rested her cheek on Willow’s shoulder, but had to pull away after a moment to cover her hand and cough. Willow patted her back gently.

“I’ll get you some cough syrup.”

She went to retrieve the things from the bags and when she came back Tara was holding the sign and grinning.

You are getting so lucky when I’m feeling better

Willow grinned too, but it softened as she got everything prepared.

“I’m already so lucky.”

Tara eyes shined with love, which Willow missed by shaking the cough syrup and working the childproof cap off.

“Now, I want you to take two spoons of this, one of these, and I’m getting a big bowl of soup ready for you. Do you need some tissues? Let me get you some tissues. And those cushions look like they’re losing their fluffiness again…”

Some people might have thought Willow was overbearing, but Tara never would. She had spent so many years where the feeling of the sniffles or sore throat made an already arduous life so much more difficult to bear.

Knowing that pain, and also feeling ‘so lucky’ to have her girlfriend, she would never tire of being truly cared for.

She would never stop being grateful for Willow.

PostPosted: Wed May 25, 2016 12:08 pm 

Ha! DIBS this time! :whip :grin

PostPosted: Wed May 25, 2016 12:21 pm 

So after I came, saw and dibsed, now to the comment: First, thanks for giving us this wonderful, long love scene. :drool I never get tired of our couple making love.
And then you warmed my heart even more by showing them care for each other: Tara going out in the middle of the night just to fulfill Willow's craving for ice cream and Willow pampering a sick Tara. :flower :wtkiss

I had Laryngitis once and noone to pamper me - it wasn't funny.

Oh, by the way, I'm really curious what Willow got in that package... she acted as if it might have something to do with the upcoming proposal... Guess I have to wait and see.

Post subject: Re: Re: Adult Confidential (Follow-On to CC) [AU] 05/25/16
PostPosted: Thu May 26, 2016 12:23 am 
9. Gay Now

Yay for great update-y goodness... Big bummer for Tara getting sick, yay for Nurse Willow for taking care of her...

PostPosted: Mon May 30, 2016 3:48 pm 
6. Sassy Eggs

Thankfully Willow quit the graveyard shift just in time to nurse Tara through laryngitis. It's good to see the relationship coming out stronger than ever in spite of, or because of, all the distractions and sidelining going on.

Post subject: Re: Adult Confidential (Follow-On to CC) [AU] 06/01/16
PostPosted: Wed Jun 01, 2016 10:15 am 
Ms. Moderator Fantastico
Ms. Moderator Fantastico

Will's redemption -

Quote:
Ha! DIBS this time! :whip :grin

Woop!

Quote:
So after I came, saw and dibsed, now to the comment: First, thanks for giving us this wonderful, long love scene. :drool I never get tired of our couple making love.

Thank you! This scene came easy (some others not so much!) and those always end up being the ones best received...if they're feeling it, everyone else is!

Quote:
And then you warmed my heart even more by showing them care for each other: Tara going out in the middle of the night just to fulfill Willow's craving for ice cream and Willow pampering a sick Tara. :flower :wtkiss

It's the little things :wtkiss :heart

Quote:
I had Laryngitis once and noone to pamper me - it wasn't funny.

It royally sucks!

Quote:
Oh, by the way, I'm really curious what Willow got in that package... she acted as if it might have something to do with the upcoming proposal... Guess I have to wait and see.

Two chapters to go and (I hope!) everything will be wrapped up!

zampsa19752001 -

Quote:
Yay for great update-y goodness... Big bummer for Tara getting sick, yay for Nurse Willow for taking care of her...

Always a bright side...

Citanul

Quote:
Thankfully Willow quit the graveyard shift just in time to nurse Tara through laryngitis.

It's hard to tell, but it's actually been a couple of months since that happened. It was a couple of weeks before Willow's birthday that she quit and her birthday is the end of April. We're now in mid-August timeframe.

Quote:
It's good to see the relationship coming out stronger than ever in spite of, or because of, all the distractions and sidelining going on.

Obstacles create or break a couple!

Update Directly Below

PostPosted: Wed Jun 01, 2016 10:17 am 
Ms. Moderator Fantastico
Ms. Moderator Fantastico

Chapter 40

Willow stood in the kitchen with the freezer door open, holding various cold things to her body to try and cool down.

Summer was well and truly upon them and the worst fate that could bestow someone living in a hot city with no air conditioning had happened to them — their fan had broken.

There was no ceiling fan in the apartment so they relied on their oscillating floor fan to keep whatever room they were staying in cool. It had worked faithfully for the three summers up to then, but had decided to pack up on the day the temperature hit 100°.

Tara had exhausted their popsicle supply while her throat was healing, and while Willow was glad her girlfriend had finally shaken the laryngitis, she wished she’d remembered to replenish the freezer too. It was way too hot to even contemplate making a trip to the store to get some now. Even if she went to the convenience store on the corner, they’d be melted before she got home.

Willow waded through the frozen leftovers and meat to try and find something immediately edible. She was wondering if peas were any good right from the bag when she heard Tara utter some of the sweetest words to ever grace her ears.

“I fixed it!”

Sure enough, the whirring started a few moments later. Willow slammed the freezer shut and ran over to hug the fan to her chest.

Tara stood back proudly with a sweaty brow and screwdriver in her hand.

When Willow had gotten her initial first blast of air, she looked over with a grin.

“You’re sexy when you’re all large with the butch.”

She pushed off the fan and leaned over to kiss Tara’s lips, an activity she’d only just been able to resume to avoid passing any more bacteria between them when Tara was unwell.

“And I’m so glad I can kiss you again.”

Tara welcomed Willow’s kiss just as much. She held Willow’s face for a moment to savour it.

“Mmm. It’s my second favourite thing about not being sick anymore.”

Willow’s eyebrow arched upwards incredulously.

“I only rank second? What’s this oh-so-great number one spot-taking hussy of a reason?”

Tara just smiled.

“I can get off desk work and start helping my kids again.”

Willow reluctantly acquiesced.

“Well…okay. I guess I can give you that one.”

Tara slid her hands over Willow’s shoulders and crossed her wrists behind Willow’s neck seductively.

“Oh, don’t pout. There’s much better things your lips could be doing.”

Willow gulped as Tara got closer. She watched the sweat on her girlfriend’s collarbone slide down towards her breasts.

“I was cursing this heatwave a minute ago…but it’s not all bad.”

Her eyes followed the bead as it fell into Tara’s cleavage but it didn’t take long to find another traveller taking the journey. She didn’t let this one find its destination, instead intercepting it on the way down by licking it from Tara’s skin.

Willow kissed up into her girlfriend’s neck where the spritz of perfume she’d put on this morning mixed wonderfully with that undeniable Tara scent. She opened her mouth and grazed her teeth against the sensitive skin.

She was about to flick her tongue towards Tara’s ear and really get some weekend afternoon fun going when there was a knock on the door.

Willow’s head turned in surprise.

“Are you expecting someone?”

Tara cleared her throat and immediately headed towards the bathroom to splash her face.

“Nope.”

Willow gathered her hair behind the back of her sticky neck and went to open the door.

On the other side, Becky was hunched over and panting with a sweaty brow, obviously feeling the effects of the heat in what was quite a stifling building.

“Why… does your building… have so many… stairs?” she puffed out as she struggled to straighten upright.

“Hi,” Willow replied, stepping aside to let her friend in to avail of the sweet, sweet blast of cool air, “Were we expecting you?”

Becky walked right over to the fan and started shaking out the shirt that had become stuck to her with sweat.

“I figured not even you two could screw on a day this hot, so you’d be free.”

Tara emerged right on time to hear that remark.

“Becky,” she greeted with a blush she tried to hide, “Can I get you a cool drink?”

Becky turned around with a warm smile.

“Tara! You’re sounding female again.”

“Ha, ha,” Tara replied with a playful roll of her eyes.

Willow hooked a finger into Tara’s belt loop and pulled her closer.

“Don’t kid, I missed her voice.”

She brought Tara’s face to her and kissed her softly.

Becky huffed out a breath.

“Jeez, I was wrong. Any lemonade going?”

Tara moved away again and went off into the kitchen to pour a round of lemonades.

Willow fixed Becky with that exasperated look that only Becky could evoke.

“Did you need something or did you just want to hang?”

Becky gracefully fell into the corner of the sofa and offered a winning smile.

“I need a favour.”

Willow sat opposite and Tara brought them each a tall glass of lemonade.

“Thank you, baby,” Willow said, squeezing Tara’s hand as she passed the glass off.

“Thanks, Tara,” Becky added before taking a long sip.

Tara went back to the kitchen to prepare some snacks, while Becky leaned forward and got to it.

“Will you be my plus one for a wedding? Remember Kim, my roommate after you? She’s getting married.”

Willow was bewildered.

“Why?”

“I have no one to go with,” Becky replied with suitable sad pout.

“Do you not literally have a little black book full of guys just for this purpose?” Willow asked with a raised eyebrow.

Becky shook her head.

“I can’t take a guy. I’m trying to hook up with one of the super-hot groomsmen.”

“Ah,” Willow replied with a less-than-surprised look on her face, “So why can’t you go alone?”

“I can’t go to a wedding alone,” Becky lamented.

Willow shrugged.

“I don’t see why not. You’re planning on sneaking off with the groomsman anyway. And what, I’m stuck alone at a wedding of a person I barely know and haven’t seen in at least a year?”

“Willow…” Becky whined, “Oh, okay I need someone to chaperone me and make sure I don’t get drunk or do something stupid in front of him. Please?”

Willow let out a long sigh.

“When is it?”

Becky clapped her hands together.

“Next Saturday.”

Willow looked genuinely remorseful.

“I can’t, I’m sorry. I’m going to the comic-con that day with Brian. We have costumes and everything, it’s a whole thing.”

Becky threw herself back into the couch and groaned.

“Will you at least come to the bachelorette party? I need numbers to get a group discount.”

“Oh, thanks for the personal invite,” Willow replied sarcastically, “Becky, there’s no way I know her well enough to go to her bachelorette party.”

Becky waved a hand dismissively.

“She’ll be drunk, she won’t care. I have people she’s never even met coming. Come on, both of you can—hey!”

She shouted the last word so loudly it got Tara’s attention in the kitchen, which is what Becky wanted.

“Tara, will you be my date?”

Tara brought over a plate of nibbles she put together and left it on the coffee table.

“Excuse me?” she asked politely.

“Kim is getting married,” Becky explained, “I can’t show up alone and I can’t show up with a guy.”

Tara perched on the couch next to Willow.

“Are you trying to hook up with another guy there?”

Becky threw her eyes to Willow contemptuously.

“She should really be my best friend. She knows me.”

“She can have you,” Willow sneered, though all in good fun.

Becky focused on Tara and actually dropped to her knees to beg.

“It’s next Saturday. Please? Free meal, free bar and I’ll pay for your cab home whenever you want. Pleeaasseee?”

Tara was always one to offer a good deed when she could.

“Okay, if it means this much to you.”

Becky jumped up and punched the air.

“Yay!” she said, first throwing her arms around Tara in a hug, then swinging both arms around the two of them as she shimmied between, “Now you can both come to the bachelorette party and put me at a perfect two-zero.”

Willow cast a wary look behind Becky’s head to Tara.

“There’s not going to be a stripper, is there?”

Becky picked up a peanut butter laced Ritz cracker, just smiling to herself.

“Oh, it’s going to be a classy affair.”

“You said there wouldn’t be a stripper!”

Willow put her hands up either side of her face to shield herself from the image of the male stripper doing his routine in the club that they were in.

The low lighting helped nothing and the rhythmic thump of the music only served to give Willow a repetitive thrusting image in her head.

“I said it was a classy affair,” Becky shouted over the music, pointing to the bowtie the stripper was wearing, and nothing else, “See? Classy.”

Willow let out a loud sound of frustration, so Tara intervened and brought her off to the bathroom to calm down.

“Honey, I think it’s dangerous for your face to go as red as your hair.”

“Oh, I’m sorry, are you happy about the wildly swinging baloney pony out there?” Willow asked with a derisive scoff.

Tara settled Willow’s hands, trying to soothe her.

“Everyone is having fun. It’s just entertainment.”

“Oh, by all means, go line up for a lap dance,” Willow sneered.

Tara fixed Willow with a ‘look’.

“I already declined one and drop the tone.”

Willow scowled but kept her mouth shut. Tara gave her a minute, but Willow continued to have a pissed off look on her face.

“You’re the one who agreed to this,” Tara stated.

Willow’s hands started wildly swinging again.

“It’s Becky, she talks around you and makes you agree!” Willow spat angrily, “I thought we’d have dinner and come to a club.”

“We did,” Tara reasoned.

Willow threw her arms up.

“Not this kind!”

Tara mirrored her frustration.

“Oh for god’s sake, Willow, it’s a penis not an atomic bomb.”

Willow’s jaw tensed.

“Hoh, oh, oh, if that thing goes off in my presence…”

Tara brought her hands to her face and covered it for a moment while she exhaled.

“Okay. This is not our night. This is someone else’s night. We’re not going to cause a scene,” she stated calmly, “We can get a drink and sit away from the commotion until it’s time to move on, then we’ll slip away.”

Tara found the wails and shrieks of eighteen other women far more disconcerting than the nude male dancing around them. Wild bachelorette parties were certainly not her thing. She still wasn’t quite sure how they’d managed to be dragged there, but was willing to see out the night so as not to disrupt the other women that were clearly having fun, albeit loudly. She could still hear the cheers, even from the bathroom.

Willow still looked grumpy, so Tara ran the faucet and flicked some water at her face.

Willow scrunched her face in shock.

“Hey!”

Tara offered her arm.

“Come have a drink with me. Let’s get a cocktail.”

Willow shot Tara the stink eye and Tara’s eyes widened when she realised what she said.

“I’m sorry, that was unintentional—” she started, but waved herself off before she got into it, “Let’s get a fruity drink.”

Willow relented and took Tara’s arm. Tara led her back out into the club but as far away into a corner as was there. There was a plush couch there, facing away from the stages, so Tara sat Willow down and went to the bar to get them drinks.

She checked out the menu, though not too successfully.

“You got any drinks without penis-themed names?” she asked the shirtless man behind the bar.

The bartender looked at her sympathetically.

“I can make you a Green Temptation. It’s vodka lime based.”

Tara nodded gratefully.

“Perfect. I’ll take two.”

He made her two glasses, without making a big show of his muscles like he was trained to. Tara tipped him in gratitude for the lack of performance and brought Willow down their drinks.

“I got us some Green Temptation,” she said, grinning as she sat in beside her girlfriend, “I know I get a little Green Temptation on a nightly basis whenever you look at me.”

Willow softened a little and settled back. She tasted it and left it on the little table.

“They changed the song,” she said, and placed her palm on Tara’s thigh, “I prefer this one. It’s more…feminine.”

Tara swirled the little black straw in her drink, took a sip and left her glass with Willow’s.

They cuddled closer in their own little corner. Willow gave Tara’s thigh a little squeeze and their lips gravitated towards each other until they were kissing.

They enjoyed each other and being alone for the rest of the song and most of the next one until Becky suddenly sidled up to them.

“Uh, you guys have to leave.”

“What?” Willow asked incredulously.

“You’re giving the stripper a boner and it’s a big no-no,” Becky explained, “I mean, I’d call it an above-average yes-yes but the no-touching rule is there for a reason. You’re basically the visual equivalent of that.”

Willow stood right up.

“We are not responsible for his—” she started to splutter, then put a hand up, “You know what? Why am I arguing? Bye!”

She marched towards the door and Tara rushed to gather their jackets and follow her. Becky put a hand on Tara’s wrist.

“You’ll still be my date, right?”

“Yes, Becky, I’ll see you on Saturday,” Tara said quickly before rushing out.

Willow was already stomping home, so Tara caught up and fell in step.

Willow sulked the whole way home and Tara was slightly afraid to say anything, so didn’t. When they did get into the apartment, Willow slammed the door behind them.

“Can you believe that?” she practically screeched.

Tara jumped but kept her cool.

“Honey, you need to let this go. I’m sorry you were so uncomfortable but it’s over now.”

Willow fell into the couch, quite aggressively.

“That’s the first and last male stripper I ever want to be exposed to.”

“Just ‘male’, hmm?” Tara asked with a playful lightness she was attempting to transfer to Willow.

Willow glanced up and saw Tara’s sloped smirked.

It worked.

For the first time she seemed to let out a breath free of tension.

She shook her head to stop the rattling going on inside and offered Tara a deserving smile for putting it up with her.

“I’m not going to blanket ban female when you like to put on a show every now and then,” she quipped, then shuddered, “I will never forgive Becky for those images.”

Tara knew she’d have to pull out the big guns to get Willow away from her hostility. She stood in front of her girlfriend and reached down to slip their hands together.

“Want me to give you some nicer images to imprint on your brain?”

Willow met Tara’s eye and one eyebrow arched.

“You might have to give me all kinds…and plenty of them.”

“We haven’t played Willow Says in a while,” Tara replied invitingly.

Willow’s eyes lit up; her mind finally cleared of anything but what was to come.

She jumped up and patted Tara’s behind, pushing her towards the bedroom.

“Willow Says get your butt in there!”

Tara giggled and Willow became a whole new person, free of the temper that sometimes plagued her so deeply.

She scurried into the bedroom after Tara and closed the door on the rest of the apartment and the rest of the evening.

“Willow Says you’re about to be all mine!”

Tara sat on the bed and scooted up, until Willow approached, waggling her finger.

“Oh, no, no, no, no, no.”

She hooked a finger behind Tara’s belt and pulled her right back up. She then pushed Tara away gently and took the spot just vacated; sitting with her back against the headboard and hands folded behind her head. She grinned.

“I was promised images? I’d like to collect.”

She watched as Tara strode back gracefully into a spot in front of the bed.

Tingling with anticipation, her eyes roamed Tara’s body as she waited to see where her girlfriend would start.

There was a clacking sound as Tara freed her belt and then the wonderful pop of a button releasing. Willow’s toes wiggled as she waited for the pants to drop, but Tara’s hands moved away without even brushing the zipper.

Willow pouted but she was soon distracted again as Tara reached behind her neck and released the halter straps keeping her top in place. The material sagged in front but Tara caught it before it fell off her chest.

Tara offered that coy little smile that made Willow melt, before turning her back in a slow sway.

Willow’s mouth dried up as she looked on at Tara’s shapely spine. Soon the shirt was on the ground and Willow didn’t even care about not seeing Tara’s breasts when she had the lovely curvature of her girlfriend’s back to experience.

Tara began to push her pants down, bit by bit. She took the panties with her to maximise the impact she was trying to impart.

Willow caught the dimpling of Tara’s ass as the cheeks were exposed. Her moisture was anywhere but her mouth.

She started to crawl forward and hung off the edge to plant her lips on Tara’s left cheek and take a nibble.

After a moment, she realised what she was doing and glanced up.

Tara was just smirking back.

Willow blushed and sat back. She cleared her throat.

“Willow says she’s losing the ability to speak, so, ah…you are released from servitude. Willow says you are released.”

Tara daintily stepped out of her clothing and turned, exposing herself fully. She flicked her finger to indicate to Willow to move back.

“Now it’s my turn to have some fun.”

Willow was more than distracted by everything Tara’s front had to offer, but moved back, slightly by force as Tara climbed over her.

Tara’s body hovered above her and though Willow couldn’t feel her girlfriend’s weight, she felt every ounce of her presence.

Tara arched her body downwards so it almost, but not quite, touched Willow’s. She watched as Willow’s lower lip trembled, then pressed her lips to it.

Willow tried to angle her face to kiss Tara properly but Tara moved her mouth before she could connect. Tara continued to pepper Willow’s face with the barest brushing of kisses.

Willow’s whole body was tingling and Tara hadn’t even touched her yet. The only contact she got was a brief graze of their breasts from the way her chest heaved with laboured breath.

Tara kissed the lobe of Willow’s ear, then flicked her tongue out to the sensitive canal.

Willow felt it as deeply as if Tara had touched her between her legs. She felt herself grow wetter and had to fight the urge to grind her hips.

Needing contact, her hands slid down to Tara’s ass.

“Resist…” Tara whispered in Willow’s ear, “It will be worth it.”

Willow couldn’t and took another squeeze. Tara lifted her head and looked at Willow with an arched eyebrow.

“Don’t make me tie you up.”

Willow’s eyes widened for a moment, then became defiant and she put her hand on Tara’s back again. Tara took Willow’s wrists and made her hold the slats in the headboard.

“Naughty…naughty…girl.”

She got off the bed and tugged the belt free from the pants she’d worn. She then moved back to straddle Willow and weaved the belt through the headboard to secure Willow’s hands.

They were rougher than the scarves they’d used in the past when playing and Willow found it so much hotter. She really had to take a moment to rein in her breathing but managed after a few lungfuls of air.

Tara ran her fingers down the flexing muscles in Willow’s stretched arms. She avoided Willow’s underarms so as not to induce tickles that they might never come back from. She came close enough just to keep Willow on edge and it resulted in the expected squirming.

Tara enjoyed watching and feeling Willow wriggle beneath her.

Willow knew it, too and may have been ‘enhancing’ things with a little show of her own. Get Tara worked up enough and she wouldn’t have to endure her girlfriend’s almost famous teasing treatment.

Tara’s lips fell into Willow’s neck and kissed up to her ear.

Her voice dropped and she whispered something, just barely audible. She knew her breath was tickling and made a point of using her hot breath as ammunition.

As the last word passed her lips, she pulled back to look at Willow, who was wide-eyed and nodding furiously.

Tara seared Willow’s lips with a kiss, feeling her gasp and air rush into her mouth.

Willow’s wrists pulled against the belt as her body arched to pull in more breath. She got the oxygen she needed when Tara released her, but she quickly decided kisses were more important than breath.

Unfortunately too late, as Tara was already moving away. Willow didn’t have much time to miss her though, as Tara’s body was moving up so close to her eyes she got all the view she wanted.

Finally the best view off all came into sight as Tara’s legs spread above her face.

Willow’s fingers again splayed as they sought to reach up and pull Tara down to where she wanted her to be.

She resigned herself to being out of control but lifted her head to take a nibble of Tara’s thigh. She felt Tara inch closer down until her tongue was close enough to get to work.

She ran the tip of her tongue along Tara’s lips and experienced that first taste. She immediately wanted more and her tongue fluidly swept through Tara and lapped at her opening.

Tara’s palm was pressed up against the wall, but it slammed down against the top of the headboard to steady herself. Her fingers curled around the wood and she spread her thighs at a better angle.

She rolled her hips, gently so as not to put too much weight on Willow. It was hard not to let go but she needed to maintain the air of control and that included controlling herself.

Her fingers tightened against the wood when Willow’s lips brushed her clit. A shaken moan escaped and her thigh slipped for a moment but she recovered.

Willow continued playing with Tara’s clit because she knew it was a sure-fire to unravel her girlfriend. It was actually quite fun to have her hands out of action and have to use her mouth alone to drive Tara crazy.

She was a lot more conscious of her tongue and what it was doing. She was contorting it into all kinds of shapes to add sensation. Her whole face was moving at speed to keep up, fast enough that she could duck away to suck and nibble Tara’s thighs in place of where her hands would normally be caressing.

Tara was almost clawing the walls and pushing herself down with a much more insistent force. Her lower lip trembled with the moans passing by until she was suddenly caught for breath.

The orgasm caught her by surprise despite the fact that it had been building. She let out three short breaths, then one long, very satisfied one.

Her head lolled back as a smile spread across her face. It sprang forwards again after a minute and she enjoyed a few seconds more on Willow’s face before she moved away and sank her butt down onto the bed.

Willow was panting more than Tara and smiling just as big.

Tara looked over at her girlfriend’s smeared face and got warm in her belly all over again. She scooted over and laid down on her side alongside her.

Willow’s arms twisted, reminding her of her restraints.

“Hello,” she said breathily.

Tara trailed a finger above Willow’s eyebrow and down her jaw, before brushing it over Willow’s mouth and gathering the arousal she’d left behind.

She brought her finger to her mouth and sucked the tip before popping it back out, audibly.

Willow’s mouth lay open in a pant and she began squirming all over.

Tara took advantage and laid her mouth on Willow’s, slipping her tongue inside. Her hand curved around one of Willow’s breasts and her thumb flicked the hard nipple.

She both felt the jerk of Willow’s body and the moan that fell into her mouth. She could feel the heat emanating from her girlfriend, so her hand continued its journey south and played with her downy hairs.

Her fingers slid between Willow’s lips and they both sighed together with momentary satisfaction.

It only lasted for a second, and Tara was quick to move further down to enter Willow.

Willow almost broke the kiss through the groan she released, but Tara wouldn’t let her; kissing her as hard as her fingers began to move inside.

Willow was already dizzy and only got more so as Tara slipped out and up to rub her clit for a few seconds before thrusting back inside.

She repeated the same motion again and again until Willow was quivering and barely hanging onto the kiss. When she felt like she’d gotten enough from her girlfriend, Tara lifted her very wet fingers and began a back and forth on Willow’s clit with enough intensity to get her over the edge.

Willow’s response was immediate; her eyes flicking opened and closed until her whole body slumped into the bed.

Tara eased up, gently, then finally laid back onto her pillow and stretched out her fingers.

After a few minutes, she leaned over and tickled Willow’s cheek.

“You feeling better?”

“About what?” Willow asked, almost deliriously.

She remembered nothing past the baring of Tara’s ass.

“About nothing,” Tara replied with a grin to herself.

Willow could barely keep her eyes open.

“Are sex comas a thing? I think I’m in one.”

Tara reached up to undo the best, but Willow suddenly woke right up and pulled away.

“No, leave it,” she insisted, “I like it.”

She stretched her body and smiled coquettishly.

“Plus if I keep lying here all sexy-like, maybe you’ll come at me again.”

Tara turned herself on her side again and placed her palm between Willow’s breasts and bellybutton.

“You’re almost right.”

“Almost?” Willow asked curiously.

“Out by one word,” Tara confirmed.

Willow’s eyes flicked in thought.

“Which one?”

Tara wiggled her fingertips to very lightly tickle Willow’s skin.

“At.”

Willow started to grin, from the exchange and sensation.

“‘At’, hmm?”

Tara’s hand began to dip lower.

Willow gulped.

“And what would you replace it with?”

Tara smiled mysteriously.

“Let’s find out.”

Willow became lost for breath all over again as Tara moved 'on' top of her.

“Let’s.”

PostPosted: Wed Jun 01, 2016 9:50 pm 
6. Sassy Eggs

Dibs. That was a fun little string of events. I'm looking forward to the wedding/comic-con scenes and/or their aftermath.

Although I can't help but imagine the stir they left the strip club in.

*Backstage dressing room right after the song changes again.*

Stripper #1: Can you guys believe the show those two girls were putting on out there? I almost lost it.

Stripper #2: That reminds me. How long does it normally take working here before you stop getting involuntary dance boners?

Stripper #3: You guys can still get erections?

Stripper #4: You guys are straight?

Post subject: Re: Re: Adult Confidential (Follow-On to CC) [AU] 06/01/16
PostPosted: Thu Jun 02, 2016 12:15 am 
9. Gay Now

Yay for excellent update-y goodness... I really hope that Tara's wedding trip with Becky doesn't end too badly... Big lol for them getting kicked out of the strip club... I really loved their own after party...

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 193 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 3, 4, 5, 6, 7  Next