The Kitten, the Witches and the Bad Wardrobe - Willow & Tara Forever

General Chat  || Kitten  || WaV  || Pens  || Mi2  || GMP  || TiE  || FAQ  || Feed - The Kitten, the Witches and the Bad Wardrobe

All times are UTC - 8 hours [ DST ]

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 721 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8 ... 25  Next
 Post subject: Re: School Days
PostPosted: Tue May 25, 2004 9:42 am 
Hi. I'm a long-time lurker and big-time fan. I just wanted to tell you that this story is a delightful romp! I love that it's farcical (at least for the moment) but at the same time kind-hearted and generous to its characters. The parallel relationships between T/F and W/B give the story an intriguing infrastructure. What will happen as the relationship between T/W evolves? Will we end up with T/W and F/B (whether or not the latter is a sexual relationship) as the twin relationships? That'd have a nice symmetry, to my mind. But no matter where you take this story, I hope that we get to see the dynamics the relationships among each of the four women.

Thanks again for a lovely story.

--blue

PostPosted: Tue May 25, 2004 9:44 am 
Hi Debra.

I am enjoying this story alot. Mistaken identity comedies are always fun.

This one line gave me an inadvertant chuckle:
Quote:
It would have been hard for Willow to characterize the smile if she hadn’t seen it.
So very true... it would be very difficult to characterize anything you didn't see :p

Loving it! Keep it up!

Cheers

DW

PostPosted: Tue May 25, 2004 10:26 am 
*roooooofl*

That was soo funny...

junior-senior *lol* You had me really laughing...

But at least they met. And as I said befor...they should stop assuming *g*

Insanity

"Nobody messes with my girl!"Tara, Bargaining

PostPosted: Tue May 25, 2004 11:04 am 
Hey Debra, I loved the update. I found myself doing some internal babbling of my own as I read all the miss queues between W&T. How wonderfully frustrating! Great work and I look forward to seeing more soon...

-pipsberg

"We live our lives, do whatever we do, and then we sleep - it's as simple and ordinary as that."

Michael Cunningham, The Hours

PostPosted: Tue May 25, 2004 12:01 pm 
Great updates!

I can´t believe that they still don´t know about each other.

*lil´c*

"I am S-E-X-Y" Amber at the FedCon

SweetAmber

PostPosted: Tue May 25, 2004 1:04 pm 
Ooh that was so good..and they still don't know who each other is..hehe :p . love sam xx

"Sometimes things happen between people that you don't really expect. And sometimes the things that are important are the ones that seem the weirdest or the most wrong. And those are the ones that change your life." - Jessie Sammler (Evan Rachel Wood)

PostPosted: Tue May 25, 2004 7:31 pm 
Arrrgh! They need to talk. I'm getting impatient. :blush

Tara: My heart doesn't stutter.

Tara: Willow, I got so lost.

Willow: I found you. I will always find you.

PostPosted: Tue May 25, 2004 7:46 pm 
aww how are they gonna find out that they are both teachers?? and that they indeed CAN date each other??? Arrg!

LoL Anyways great update cant wait till the next one!!

D2D

Edited by: DreamsToDream at: 5/25/04 7:00 pm

PostPosted: Tue May 25, 2004 8:17 pm 
The plotlines are converging! Someone else called it, that hint of farce is truly a delight.

But the one thing that truly grabbed my attention in this update was the sandals holding the books open. What a perfect thing for Willow to notice...and I agree with her, not only is it totally cute, it's totally Tara.

Your grasp of the characters, and your love for them, is apparent time and time again.

Thanks

PostPosted: Wed May 26, 2004 2:26 am 
So very funny!!! :lmao Loving it!

PostPosted: Wed May 26, 2004 6:34 am 
No misunderstandings......yeah right! Your doing a great job though, both telling themselves off for their thoughts and staring and conversation, your driving me insane though and you probably have no intention of stopping it any time soon!

Naughty Tara looking down a 'students' top! Bad, bad girl......but fun and cute.

Michellex

PostPosted: Wed May 26, 2004 8:25 am 
OK, this is just such fun to watch unfold, Debra! Both of them struggling w/ their attraction to what they believe is a taboo object of desire. And their thinking makes total sense--they both look young; neither is into titles or declarations of their power...It just makes the ultimate revelation worth the wait.

And great choice of books, by the way. "Mockingbird" is probably my favorite book evah...

Smiling your way,

Mary

PostPosted: Wed May 26, 2004 11:37 am 

I will certainly sound redundant, but I'm really enjoying this 'comedie of errors ' a- la - shakespeare, it's a teeny bit frustrating, but so worth it!

more!!

~Arwen

Hear That Baby? You're My Always... Willow

PostPosted: Thu May 27, 2004 7:13 am 
loved the last couple of updates :)

both of them still thinking that the other is a student is too funny, i hope that they figure it out soon

I'm not stealing, I'm just taking things without paying for them. In what twisted dictionary is that stealing?
Welcome friends, how may I pervert you?

PostPosted: Thu May 27, 2004 8:40 am 
HI Debra:)

I am not really back, still in Israel:d which is great and hot and jesus i am melting:p

I wonder for how long that game will go one. lol now they are even JUNIORS :lol I need more informations and i hope they will soon talk with each other about the beeing not a student anymore:p

Great update :clap

CU:wave

SoL/Natti

"I wish that you were here or that I were there, or that we were together anywhere!"

PostPosted: Thu May 27, 2004 9:34 am 
i reeeallly<3 this fic. like really times 76587463735

But they really need to stop assuming!

if they don't find out that they're teachers soon, I know me and a bunch of other kittens would be glad to jump right in there and help, granted we don't decide to stay there with :willow & :tara ;) ... so who's with me?????

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

she had eyes bright enough to burn me --conor oberst

PostPosted: Thu May 27, 2004 10:10 pm 
I just discovered this fic and I'm loving every word of it! I love all the mix-ups with Willow and Tara assuming the other is a student... it's funny and cute at the same time...

But they are just so cute!

Saying that up is down will not make up, down.

~Gene Burns

PostPosted: Fri May 28, 2004 7:47 am 
Loved every update so far, but what with the fast pace I'm having difficulty keeping up with the feedback ;) No complaints, though!

Argh to the last update, though. I doubt there's a kitten who read it who didn't want to jump right into the fic and sort it all out for our girls. I love how their minds work so similarly, though, even if it does result in mayhem. And the internal dialogue is just. so. funny. Trying on so many levels to keep their heads in the clean place, and failing miserably ;)

You write banter so well, particularly between Faith and Tara. It's a pleasure to read someone who knows the characters so well, and yet is able to stretch them as a director would. Same people, but an endless array of situations and reactions. Cudos.

Cheers,

mo.

No matter how short life may seem, it's still the longest thing you'll ever do.

Post subject: School Days
PostPosted: Sat May 29, 2004 7:39 am 
Yvonne – Yeah, I think it’s cute too. Well, how would you introduce yourself to cute jailbait? Ha ha ha.

molly – I think that’s probably typical of the average high school. But picturing a class of Xanders is funny. That’s a good thought about not alienating each other but I think part of it also is that they’re at that age when you’re sort of an adult and sort of a kid and trying to figure out how to act. You know?

Wimpy – Yep, crazy is what I’m going for… Yay me. Yes, I think the naughty visuals were warranted.

Emms Welcome. Good catch! The next update soon. Glad you’re loving it.

blue - Welcome. Yes, definitely farcical. You ask very good questions about the T/W B/F and T/F W/B relationships. I can say there are some similarities in the different relationships but they are different too. Wow, that was cryptic.

DW – Gee. Now that I see it written it looks very stupid. Arrggghhh! Thanks.

Insanity – Yes for the not assuming. And more of that to come. I’m writing a particularly difficult one just now.

pipsberg – Thanks. Yes, seems most people were talking to the screen which I’ll take as a good sign of frustration and involvement.

Romy – Yep, still don’t know. Thanks.

sammi – Thanks.

DreamsToDream - Welcome. Wow, three new readers/posters today. What a treat. They’ll eventually find out: trust me. Thanks.

The Rose24 – Not too impatient right?

sizzlersister – Yay! Someone liked the sandals. I thought it was typically her and saw it as one of those details that says a lot. I’m glad you liked it and like my characterizations. Thanks.

allykat – Thanks.

Michellex – Nope. No intention of stopping soon. Yep, they’re both bad girls. Maybe they need… wait that’s another fic.

Mary – Yeah, I love both the book and the movie of Mockingbird. I’d probably put it in my top 20 but not my #1. Currently #1 is a three-way tie: Temple of my Famiiliar, A Prayer for Owen Meaney, The Amazing Adventures of Kavalier and Clay. Wow, that’s off-topic.

Yeah, they’re both so very young looking. I mean in s4 when they are supposed to be 18 and 19 the actresses were what, 25 & 27? So imagine how they looked at 20 and 21. Glad it’s worth the wait.

Arwen – Thanks. Glad you’re liking it through the frustration.

Grimaldi – Thanks. Yep, it’s meant to be funny.

Natti – Israel? Wow I’ve never been but some relatives are going next month. Sounds hot. Only Willow thinks Tara is a Junior. Tara thinks Willow is a senior. (In America Junior = 11th grade and Senior-12th grade). Thanks.

her BRIGHTeyes – Wow, that’s a lot. We do numbers like that all the time so you crack me up.

Tempest Duer – Welcome. Glad you found it. Thanks.

Modjadji - Well you’ll be relieed that they are slowing down as they get longer. Yes, many kittens were frustrated so I’m happy with that. I’m glad you like the characterizations.

And now an update with not much W/T but hopefully some questions…

Title – School Days

Part 10 – Silence

Author – JustSkipit - Debra

Rating – Part 10 – PG-13

Disclaimer – Guess what… I don’t own W&T, Buffy or the rest of the BtVS crew. Any similarity to actual persons living or dead is purely coincidental and fortunate.

Thanks - Thanks to Vizier Mountain, Yvonne, and Stephanie for the # of Cemetaries.

Thoughts in italics

“You’re late,” Faith announced as she stood up and tossed her cigarette into the driveway.

“Sorry, Sweetie,” Tara apologized, “I l-lost track of time.”

“Hot girl, huh?” Faith teased as they went inside the apartment.

“N-n-no, why w-w-would you th-th-think that?” Tara stuttered as she set her books in on the table.

Faith laughed, “Well I didn’t really think that until your reaction.” She sat down as she watched the blonde quickly make herself a sandwich. “So… spill,” she encouraged.

“There w-wasn’t any hot girl,” Tara pleaded futilely.

Faith laughed as she reached over to take a handful of chips from the other girl’s plate. “Would this be the first time I’ve told you what a crappy liar you are?”

Tara looked up knowing that Faith was having fun with her. “Can we d-drop it, Faith?” she asked seriously.

Faith seemed to consider it for a minute before nodding her head. “For now,” she agreed, “but we’ll come back to this topic, T.”

Tara sighed as she put her plate in the sink. “Good, give me a minute and I’ll be ready to go,” she said. Faith followed her into the bedroom to watch her change into dark clothes. “Are we going to the same place tonight?” Tara asked.

“Another one,” Faith answered as she flopped onto the bed. “Can you believe there are twelve cemeteries in this town?”

“Twelve?” Tara questioned. “That’s a lot of cemeteries.”

“Yeah,” Faith agreed, “you don’t even want to know how many churches.”

Tara shuddered visibly. “Let’s not go visit them.” She’d had enough of her father’s type of religion throughout her first 18 years. “How’d you find out about the cemeteries and where to go tonight?” she asked as the two girls headed out the door.

Faith waited for Tara to lock the door and activate the spell on the house. “Got a new tat,” Faith explained, pulling her shirt down off her shoulder.

Tara looked at the small representation of a dark fist on her friend’s shoulder. “Good thing I know you like to fight,” she joked.

Faith got a tough look on her face. “Of course I like to fight,” she answered smugly, “what else would it… Jerk!”

Tara laughed at Faith’s reaction to her teasing. “But you didn’t get any work done on the one on your b-back, right?”

Faith gave an exasperated look while scanning the graveyard for movement. “T,” she started, “I’m not stupid you know.”

“I know you’re not stupid, Faith,” Tara reassured her friend, “but that one is protecting you and I d-don’t want you to mess it up.”

“How does it protect me again?” the dark-haired girl asked.

Tara sighed exaggeratedly. “The tattoo is a physical representation of the spell that masks you.”

“Like the one on the apartment?” Faith asked.

“No,” Tara explained, “the one on the apartment is a barrier and alarm spell—no baddies can come close without setting off the alarm and they can’t get in at all.”

“God I was lucky that night,” Faith recalled.

“A few ways,” Tara joked. But she remembered the importance of the alarm spell:

Tara woke suddenly from her sleep at the forceful vibration coming from her bracelet, indicating the presence of demons. “Faith,” she muttered as she looked around the apartment. Apparently Tara’s cajoling had no effect on the dark-haired girl who left in the middle of the night.

Pulling on a pair of shorts and a T-shirt Tara didn’t even bother with shoes as she picked up the small bag from the dresser and ran out the door of her room. It didn’t take long to spot Faith or the three vampires surrounding her. As she ran, Tara pulled the weapons from her bag. Astoundingly Faith was holding her own, throwing punches and kicks at the demons.

“Faith!” Tara shouted. She held up a wooden stake and threw it toward the dark-haired girl, holding out little hope that she would catch it or that she would know what to do with it if she did. For herself she pulled a Bic lighter and a can of hair spray from the bag.

Noticing Tara for the first time two of the vampires smiled their feral grins at each other and turned toward the blonde. “Closer, closer, closer,” Tara whispered as she watched them approach.

“What do I do with this, T?” Faith shouted even as she continued fighting with the third vampire.

“Are you kidding me?” Tara thought, “everyone’s seen a vampire movie.” “Through the h-heart,” she shouted.

“Nice elocution,” one of the two vampires now circling the blonde teased.

“Elocution,” the second chimed in, “that’s a big word.”

“Well,” the first explained, “I used to be an English teacher.” He smiled at Tara: “You’re welcome to call me Mr. Smits while I’m sucking your blood.”

Tara watched the two vampires carefully. She had hoped that they would stay close together but they were circling her from opposite sides. Suddenly one lunged and her decision was made. She lifted the lighter and hair spray, flicking the wheel and then spraying flames toward the advancing demon. The flames hit him in the face causing him to yell but that wasn’t what the blonde was aiming for. Still holding down both buttons, she lowered her aim. As his coat and shirt caught fire she turned 180 degrees toward the other vampire.

Fortunately the screams of his partner seemed to have startled the second vampire. He was standing still, making himself an easy target for a new stream of fire. As soon as both creatures were gone Tara turned quickly to look for Faith, sure that she would see the third vampire holding the dark-haired girl’s drained body. Instead, she saw the girl standing awkwardly, looking alternately at the ground and the stake in her hand.

Tara approached her wordlessly and gently touched her face. “We should g-go clean this up,” she said, indicating the numerous cuts and bruises on Faith’s face.

“Yeah,” Faith agreed weakly. She held up the stake and looked at the ground again. “Vampire?” she confirmed.

“Three of em,” Tara agreed. “You did great.” Curious, she asked, “How did you manage to stake this one?”

“I don’t know,” Faith explained, “I was fighting with them and then just the one and it was like I could feel the fight in my skin and then I felt like a tunnel or a direct line calling the stake into his heart. So I just let it go where it wanted and poof.” She smiled as she declared, “Way cool. I could get used to that.”

“Ok, so that’s an alarm,” Faith recapped, “and the one on my back makes sure no baddies can sense me.”

“Right,” Tara agreed.

“Cool!” Faith announced. “I found a job.”

Tara turned around to hug her friend. She’d long since become used to the girl’s sudden subject changes. “That’s great, F,” she congratulated her, “where?”

“Cat’s meow,” Faith mumbled.

Tara didn’t even have to ask for clarification. “A ‘men’s club,’” she muttered. “You’re dancing at a men’s club.”

“I’m not dancing,” Faith argued, “I’m just waiting tables.” As Tara’s look softened she continued, “I got some lunch shifts and I can make good money but still hit classes during the day and come out here at night.”

“Yeah,” Tara agreed, “you’re right. I just hate seeing you work at those places.”

Faith laughed, “At least this one seemed to have mostly human clientele.”

“Was that unusual?” Tara asked.

“This is a strange town, T,” Faith answered just as four vampires came around the corner, their game faces still on and blood on their chins.

“Dessert,” one of the vamps growled.

“Can you take one?” Faith asked her companion. In general, she preferred for Tara not to have to fight but in this case, it seemed necessary.

“Gottit,” Tara agreed as she reached into her pocket to grasp a handful of powder. She’d learned a lot about fighting vampires in the two years that Faith and she had been working together and while she no longer needed the lighter and hair spray, the crystals helped her quickly cast her spell. Tara saw Faith stake the first of her three vampires and grabbed another from behind, hoping to get his attention away from the dark-haired girl.

The surprised vampire turned around quickly looking very annoyed at the interruption. Tara could hear punches and kicks being traded between Faith and the remaining two vampires. Knowing that a quick fight was better for both girls, Tara threw the powder onto her opponent and began her incantation. Suddenly she felt herself lifted from her feet and thrown to the ground. Hitting directly on her back, she felt the wind rush from her lungs and attempted to get another breath so that she could resume the spell. Before she could inhale the vampire was upon her. He covered her mouth with one hand and held her by the neck with the other. She could see his fangs lowering toward her neck and tried to bite the hand that held her or kick as hard as she could but she couldn’t break his grip. She felt his teeth pierce her skin and wondered if this were the end.

The dust suddenly covering her mouth caused a coughing fit as Tara instinctively breathed deeply as soon as the hand was gone and inhaled a mouthful of vampire dust. Rolling over she began coughing and gagging on the rancid taste while still trying to get air into her lungs. She felt Faith’s hand on her back as the girl was saying, “Easy, Tara. Take it slow.”

After a few minutes Tara rolled back over. “Thanks, Faith,” she whispered as the girl pulled her to her feet.

“Aw shucks,” Faith chuckled, “say nothing of it.” She reached out to touch the blonde’s neck, fingering the large bite marks still covered with wet blood and then wiped the blood off with her sleeve. “Let’s get you home and doctor this up.” She considered for a moment: “Or are you hurt anywhere else? Your ribs? Should we go to the hospital?”

Tara shook her head as Faith began to guide her back toward the apartment. “I’ll be f-fine. Too bad, I don’t heal as quickly as you,” she commented as she pointed at the large scrape on the dark-haired girl’s forehead. Faith nodded her head, grateful for her mysterious strength and ability to heal.

Oppose the Federal Marriage Amendment

PostPosted: Sat May 29, 2004 7:53 am 
Great update! But when comes the Willow/Tara goodness?

*lil´c*

"I am S-E-X-Y" Amber at the FedCon

SweetAmber ~~~ Amber Board

PostPosted: Sat May 29, 2004 8:59 am 
Ooh, great update. I love the interaction between Faith and Tara. Love sam xx

"Sometimes things happen between people that you don't really expect. And sometimes the things that are important are the ones that seem the weirdest or the most wrong. And those are the ones that change your life." - Jessie Sammler (Evan Rachel Wood)

Post subject: Update
PostPosted: Sat May 29, 2004 9:00 am 
So Faith doesn't realize that she's a vampire slayer, well that makes it very interesting. I really like the friendly interaction between Tara and Faith, it's nice to know that Tara has had someone looking out for her for a few years. Tara sounds like she has some powerful mojo going on as well, the tatoo on Faith might explain why Buffy can't sense another slayer.

Thanks for the update, I'm looking forward to more.

Post subject: Re: Update
PostPosted: Sat May 29, 2004 9:52 am 
Well, well...:hmm

That explains something.

So, they don't know, that Faith is a Slayer.

And this Tatoo-thingy...really cool. It seems to be the reason, tha Buffy or Willow haven't sensed another slayer, I guess.

It seems Faith took some more serious turns due to the fact, that she met Tara.

Oooh and: this Tatoo with the fist *snicker*, good teasing!!

:rofl

Insanity

"Nobody messes with my girl!"Tara, Bargaining

PostPosted: Sat May 29, 2004 3:58 pm 
Didn't see that coming, Faith not knowing she's a slayer, it's an interesting approach though. Love the Tara and Faith interaction, it flows and works really well. Can't wait until Tara and Willow finally realise the truth about each other, hope it's not to long

Michelle

PostPosted: Sat May 29, 2004 8:47 pm 
Hey Debra!

Okay, some clarification, especially in the flashbacks. That was really interesting. So, Faith was skippin out after a little T-time? That sounds like the old Faith. She kinda got a rude awakening for that. But they worked together and took care of business -- very cool.

Now, back to my craziness -- still wanting W/T time, and how is Tara going to 'splain the neck rupture???!!!

Can't wait to see what's next!

Wimpy

PostPosted: Sat May 29, 2004 8:50 pm 
I am so ready for W/T to get things going. Soon right?

Tara: My heart doesn't stutter.

Tara: Willow, I got so lost.

Willow: I found you. I will always find you.

PostPosted: Sat May 29, 2004 9:06 pm 
This is so cool. There will be more W/T cuteness soon, right?

Saying that up is down will not make up, down.

~Gene Burns

PostPosted: Sun May 30, 2004 3:10 pm 
How the frilly heck did I miss this entire story for so long ?? A new Debra story even...must be my browser plotting against me. Yeah thats it.

The advantage of coming in so late is that can read LOTS of updates so I was only confused for about 10 minutes or so :) .

I have to say I like the idea of Willow going to a college like MIT. At least that is a place where her intellect will be properly challenged, plus she probably learned lots of things there too. It doesn't exactly hurt to have MIT on your resume either. I guess Willow at least read up on magic while at MIT, she didn't have that many books on magic when she went to MIT yet came back with a LOT of those :) .

I think Tara and Faith influenced each other in several good ways. That flashback of Faith fighting of those 3 vamps confused that theory a bit though. I'm fairly sure Faith helped Tara be less shy. I like Tara having someone like Faith around to shield her a bit from the sometimes evil outside world. I wonder if Faith had anything to do with Tara getting away from her dad and brother.

What went wrong with the fight at the cemetary ? Tara has done this kind of fighting before obviously, so was it just an error in judgement ?? Willow might notice (and recognize) that bite on Tara's neck...

The mistaken-identity thing is fun, just when I think they'll figure it out... another obstacle comes in view :)

Grimmy

--
"You hurt Tara," Willow said too calmly. "The last one who tried that was a god. I made her regret it." -- Unexpected Consequences by Lisa of Nine

Edited by: Grimlock72 at: 5/30/04 2:11 pm

PostPosted: Mon May 31, 2004 5:28 am 
Oh what a great update! Funny to read that Faith didnt know that she is a vampire slayer...and i see that Tara and Faith are really close, or were really close. I just thought about the watching while changing clothes thingy...or was it more like a talking and watching than a WATCHING...hope u got what i meant...geez my english:p They were never THAT close, right?:eyebrow

Cu:wave

SoL/Natti

Ps. I am back from Isreal..and i miss that country already and its so fucking cold in Germany:sob I want back..wish ur relatives lots of fun...i bet they will. where do they wanna go to exactly?

"I wish that you were here or that I were there, or that we were together anywhere!"

PostPosted: Tue Jun 01, 2004 1:47 am 
I'm interested in learning more about Faith's past now, as we realise she isn't aware she's a Slayer.

"Love is just like breathing when it's true" Indigo Girls

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 721 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8 ... 25  Next