The Kitten, the Witches and the Bad Wardrobe - Willow & Tara Forever

General Chat  || Kitten  || WaV  || Pens  || Mi2  || GMP  || TiE  || FAQ  || Feed - The Kitten, the Witches and the Bad Wardrobe

All times are UTC - 8 hours [ DST ]

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 721 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2, 3, 4, 5 ... 25  Next
 Post subject: School Days
PostPosted: Fri May 07, 2004 5:41 am 
32. Kisses and Gay Love

Topics: 7
Title – School Days

Part 1 - Directions

Author – JustSkipit - Debra

Feedback - You know I love it!

Spoilers – Geez! Even in Europe, the show has been off the air for a year. If you haven’t seen any given episode, you aren’t really trying. Nonetheless…

Yes, there are lot of spoilers.

Note - This story is somewhat AU. Imagine that you took everything we know about Buffy/Canon, then took a completely separate story, put them in a blender, mixed it up and took out part of it. That’s this story. For all intents and purposes, let’s say this is very AU. And hopefully fun.

Note – This is meant to be fun and light. The updates should be frequent but short. Enjoy.

Rating – Part 1 - PG

Disclaimer – Guess what… I don’t own W&T, Buffy or the rest of the BtVS crew. Any similarity to actual persons living or dead is purely coincidental and fortunate.

Thoughts in italics

Part 1        - Directions

Willow hurried down the hallway towards what she was relatively sure was her classroom. The first day of school always carried a combination of excitement and anxiety for the redhead. She had loved school and learning for as long as she could remember but new experiences sometimes made her nervous. Stopping at a corner she looked again at the markings on the corridors and the paper in her hand. It was early yet so few students were in the halls.

One student carried a bag slung loosely over her shoulder and seemed to be checking her class schedule as if lost. She wore a denim skirt with a peasant top and had her blonde hair pulled back in a ponytail. Well thank God every student at this school doesn’t dress like Christina Aguilera or Brittney Spears, Willow thought as she redoubled her efforts to find her classroom. She smiled as she recognized the room number by the door.

Just then she felt a soft tap on her shoulder. “Excuse me, Miss,” the soft voice almost whispered. Willow turned to see the student she had noticed earlier facing her hopefully. Bright blue eyes searched her face, seeming to rest on her own orbs before the mouth opened again. Willow tried to control her gasp as she felt a charge like an electrical shock through the material of her shirt, where the girl had tapped her. The student’s eyes held a look of shock or amazement or maybe nervousness and fear so Willow couldn’t tell if she felt the same spark.

The blonde broke eye contact to consult the schedule in her hand. “D-do you know where room E-19 is?” she asked.

Willow smiled, feeling bad for the girl that she was nervous enough to stutter. The first day of school was always hard, indeed. “English wing is down that corridor and to the right,” she explained as she waved her hand in that direction. Thankfully Xander had bored his friends nearly to tears with tours and tales of the new high school.

“Down that c-corridor and to the right,” the blonde repeated. She nodded her head. “Thank you,” she told the redhead and moved in the direction Willow had indicated.

Willow took a deep breath before entering the empty classroom.

Oppose the Federal Marriage Amendment

Post subject: Re: School Days
PostPosted: Fri May 07, 2004 5:50 am 
Yay!

Debra's got a new story!! :bounce

And sparks are already flying! Can't wait to see what you've got in store for us!

Wimpy

PostPosted: Fri May 07, 2004 6:56 am 
really cute, more please :) :bounce

I'm not stealing, I'm just taking things without paying for them. In what twisted dictionary is that stealing?
Welcome friends, how may I pervert you?

PostPosted: Fri May 07, 2004 10:17 am 
HI Debra!:)

Wow a new story from u:D i wished the update was a bit longer, we havent got many informations yet! I am so curious, pls give us the next update asap:flirt

CU:wave

SoL/Natti

Even in death Baby, i´ll never leave u!

PostPosted: Fri May 07, 2004 11:35 am 
Yippie!!! *happydance*

A new one from Debra!!!

And a good start.

I'm wondering if Willow is a student or a teacher. If it's the new highscholl she must be a teacher. And Tara is a student?

Well don't bother too much with my questions. I guess it will all work out just fine..

Insanity

"Nobody messes with my girl!"Tara, Bargaining

PostPosted: Fri May 07, 2004 12:07 pm 
YAY!!!!! :bounce YAY!!!!!

More please!!

*lil´c*

"Okay, we’re here, we’re queer, let’s kick this shit into gear," Five by Five (Taras Shadow)

SweetAmber

PostPosted: Fri May 07, 2004 12:50 pm 
Aww..that was so cute. Loved it :heart Love sam xx

"Sometimes things happen between people that you don't really expect. And sometimes the things that are important are the ones that seem the weirdest or the most wrong. And those are the ones that change your life." - Jessie Sammler (Evan Rachel Wood)

PostPosted: Fri May 07, 2004 5:57 pm 
Let me join in the :banana dance of joy. Wonderful to see you back on Pens.

Back in school for our girls, and in the same High School. That's where the information gap starts. Is there a Slayer and vamps? I'm guessing not. Will there be other Scooby notables? I sure hope so, as they provide a lot of color and drama. Hmm, so what can we assume? Well, Willow seems to be aware of their connection, and from Tara's reaction it seems mutual. Life is never easy, though. There needs to obstacles before the good experiences can truly be called great. 'Tis time for my rambling to cease, so welcome back to Pens Debra.

More than any other time in history, mankind faces a crossroads. One path leads to despair and utter hopelessness. The other, to total extinction. Let us pray we have the wisdom to choose correctly. Woody Allen (1935 - )

PostPosted: Fri May 07, 2004 6:25 pm 
Hi Debra,

Great to see you're back with a new story. I'm looking forward to seeing where you'll take us this time.

So far I'm confused about the girls' roles in this. If this is the school that Xander built (I feel there's a nursery rhyme here somewhere), then Willow is too old to be a student. But then, aren't she and Tara about the same age? Maybe not, in this AU. Either way, sparks are flying already.

Russ

PostPosted: Sat May 08, 2004 5:04 am 
ok, so far so confusing. :-)) but you can bet I'm reading this one. another fic by you sure is good news.

PostPosted: Sat May 08, 2004 7:54 am 
New fic! :party

I'm very interested to see where this goes. You've given us just enough information to set our brains in a spin trying to work out the rest. Very sneaky, but we're in safe hands and I'm sure all will be revealed before long.

Can't wait for the next update!

adios,

mo.

No matter how short life may seem, it's still the longest thing you'll ever do.

Post subject: School Days: Part 2
PostPosted: Sat May 08, 2004 2:29 pm 
Yvonne- Thanks. All will come out in future updates.

Justin – You’ve been making prayers and sacrifices? Wow! How cool. Thanks..

wimpy – Thanks. I’m planning to make updates short but frequent. More soon.

Grimaldi – Thanks. Yes, more very soon and some answers.

Natti – Thanks. Like I said, short updates but hopefully frequent.

Insanity – Yes, I’ll skip the questions to say, it will all be revealed as the posts go on. Good questions though. Like I said, keep in mind the blender idea…

Romy – Thanks. Coming up.

Sammi – Thanks. More cuteness coming up I hope.

TemperedCynic – Ha ha. How funny to think that I’m back on Pens. My last update to Please was on 4/27 so I didn’t take a very long break.

Yes, I’m willing to confirm that they are at the same high school. Past that… all will be told in time. You can expect lots of “Scooby notables.”

Thanks.

russ – Thanks. Like I said, I intend it to be light and fluffy (like a new kitten) but hopefully fun. If you are confused, don’t worry. You’re supposed to be.

some dark thing – Thanks so much for the compliment. And yes confusing but every update will reveal more.

Modjadji – Yep, that was the plan: brains spinning. And yes, I’m trying to be sneaky. Tee hee.

Title – School Days

Part 2 - Answers

Spoilers – Geez! Even in Europe, the show has been off the air for a year. If you haven’t seen any given episode, you aren’t really trying. Nonetheless…

Rating – Part 2 - PG

Disclaimer – Guess what… I don’t own W&T, Buffy or the rest of the BtVS crew. Any similarity to actual persons living or dead is purely coincidental and fortunate.

Thoughts in italics

Setting her books on the desk at the front of the room, Willow turned on the computer before picking up a piece of chalk. “Miss Rosenberg” she wrote on the board before setting down the piece of chalk and wiping her hands. Miss Rosenberg! she thought triumphantly, I’m an adult, a grownup, a teacher! Ok, so maybe she was a bit excited on her first day…

Looking at the clock and seeing that there were still 15 minutes before class started she moved from desk to desk, turning on each computer. Having spent a few days working in the lab, she knew that these machines were not exactly state of the art and would take close to five minutes to boot up each morning.

Willow knew that she had been very lucky in getting this job. Not many teaching jobs opened up this close to the start of the school year and she’d only been in town for a day before beginning her in-service. Of course in Sunnydale, strange things happened and jobs opened up more frequently than in other cities.

Fifteen minutes later the seats were filled with a group of teenagers looking alternatively at Willow and at their computer screens. As they filed in and found their places she allowed them to talk freely and heard predictable snatches of conversation: “… so young?” “… real teacher?” “… a joke?”

Willow waited a few minutes after the final bell before beginning to speak to get the class’s attention: “Good morning. I’m Miss Rosenberg and I’ll be your teacher for ‘Basic Computer Skills.’” Getting no response she asked, “Is everyone here in the right class?”

A few nods answered her and one slouching student shouted from the center of the room, “How old are you?”

Willow smiled in response. She had been expecting this; how could she possibly avoid it? She had always looked young for her age and having just turned 20 she was teaching high school. This morning, looking in the mirror she had tried to estimate how old she looked and decided 17. When Dawn had walked in, Willow had downgraded her own estimate to 16.

“On your screens is a questionnaire regarding your names, hobbies, and prior experience with computers,” Willow explained, “Follow the instructions and submit your responses. When every student,” and she emphasized everyone, “has finished his or her questionnaire, you can ask me questions.”

She waited a few seconds, noting that most students were beginning to look at their screens and some were beginning to enter their answers. She returned to her desk, looked at the monitor and took a drink of her water. I’ve got to get here early enough to get coffee tomorrow, she mentally vowed.

The first few responses began to appear on her monitor, populating the class grid she had programmed earlier in the week. Her screen was filled with sixteen boxes which now contained the names of the students as they had entered them, clicking on the cells would allow her to view the information they had just entered on their questionnaires or their class performance. When the final entry had been received she clicked a button to check that each student had actually entered valid information and not just “Mickey Mouse” or “bite me” for their names and hobbies.

“A few of you missed questions,” she announced. “Those questionnaires have been returned to your computer. Please complete them and resubmit.” After three more rounds she had relatively full dossiers on all sixteen students. Each of them had submitted a name matching one on her class roster.

Moving around to the front of the desk, she announced that everyone had completed his or her questionnaire. “I was going answer ten questions but I had to send the responses back four times so I’ll answer six questions,” she explained. “The first six students who completed their questionnaires can ask them or pass their turn to someone else in class.” She waited a second to see their understanding before calling the name of the first student to complete the assignment.

Predictably the first student didn’t hesitate a second before asking, “How old are you?”

“Twenty,” Willow responded before calling on the next student.

“Where did you go to school?” the next student asked.

“High school or college?” Willow asked.

“High school?” that student elaborated.

“Sunnydale High,” Willow answered, “but the old one.” All the students nodded their heads. Everyone knew the story of the gas leak that had destroyed the old high school the day of graduation. Now three years later, a new version sat on the grounds of the prior school.

“What about college?” another student shouted out.

Willow smiled knowingly, “It’s Danny’s turn.” She pointed at the student who had turned in his questionnaire next.

“Where did you go to college?” Danny repeated the question.

“Massachusetts Institute of Technology or MIT,” Willow responded.

Willow called on the next student who laughed as she asked, “Are you rich? That’s an expensive school.”

Willow laughed back as she explained, “I got a lot of scholarships.”

“Why did you come back to Sunnydale?” The next student asked.

“Hey!” Danny shouted, “what’s wrong with Sunnydale?”

The student who had asked the question rolled her eyes at the jock. “Nothing except the school blew up from a gas explosion.” She put up air quotes around the words gas explosion. “And the teachers have almost as high a death rate as students.”

Willow allowed the discussion to go on for a moment before she explained, “A friend’s mother passed away last spring. I moved back to help her take care of her sister.” The redhead heard Dawn’s name being murmured throughout the room. “Last question,” she announced pointing to the sixth student.

“Do you have a boyfriend?” one of the Britney Spears look-alikes wanted to know.

“No,” Willow answered just as the bell rang.

The rest of the new teacher’s day proceeded much like her first period. With a split schedule she only had three classes a day plus her free period. In the final class, the students got their questionnaires done more quickly and had enough questions for one to tack on, “do you have a girlfriend?” after “do you have a boyfriend?” Again Willow shook her head and said no although she couldn’t stop the thought, don’t I wish…

During her free period, she found herself wondering if the cute girl had found her classroom and if she was taking computer skills. Oh God![,i] she thought, I can’t possibly afford to be thinking that any student was cute. No she wasn’t cute. Not her blonde hair or the way she was so shy or her blue eyes. Nope not cute at Willow shook her head. Not cute! Warty. Probably smells really bad too …

After shutting down the computers and turning off the lights she was still trying to convince herself that the girl hadn’t been completely adorable, while glancing around to see if she might still be in the halls.

Post subject: Re: School Days: Part 2
PostPosted: Sat May 08, 2004 3:30 pm 
So... First question answered I guess*g*

Now I want an update asap for my other question *g*

Really good work, Debra. As usual. So, the kids know Dawn. Thats interesting, but not unexpected. Will Dawn have a computerclass with Willow?

Well, we'll see what happens next.

Keep it coming!! I hope youre family is fine!

Insanity

"Nobody messes with my girl!"Tara, Bargaining

PostPosted: Sat May 08, 2004 3:46 pm 
ooh interesting!

i would've never guessed she'd be a teacher!

i wish i had teachers like that. ;)

update soonish??? :flirt

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

she had eyes bright enough to burn me --conor oberst

PostPosted: Sat May 08, 2004 4:18 pm 
Debra,

What an awesome start! I've gotta say that Willow being a teacher that young is just a wonderful idea. Even though in Buffyverse, she taught after Jenny died, this is different. She's been through high school and college.

Her students asking questions was funny. I hope her and Tara will meet up again soon. Though, I have questions... like, how old is Tara? But I'll find out soon enough. :D

Welcome back with a new fic! Loving it. :)

~Holly~ :heart

Baby, baby, baby when all your love is gone, who will save me from all I'm up against out in this world

- Bright Lights - Matchbox Twenty

"Show me where to touch you." - Tara, It Ain't Fickle (Luciddream)

Edited by: Taras Shadow  at: 5/8/04 3:18 pm

PostPosted: Sat May 08, 2004 4:45 pm 
Great update. I liked Willow musing about being an adult. I was the same... until the bills started coming in:) . Thinking of Tara already:heart . So, I'm guessing that Tara's legal, or at least close. Anyway, thanks for the update.

Yvonne:peace

PostPosted: Sat May 08, 2004 5:05 pm 
Another Debra fic - YAY!! What can I say JustSkipIt fan fiction is like heroin - it only takes one time to get hooked. (Although, thank goodness the withdrawal symptoms are at least a little less severe :D )

I'm thinking little miss Tara is a teacher as well - English teacher to be exact. Just my guess...

I really don't know what else to say - I'm just in happy fic land :bounce

-shuyaku

Oh God, Willow—you’re giving me the gift of Karen Carpenter. Just when I think I grasp the full extent of your love." - Tara

"Why do birds suddenly appear? It’s because, you are queer…" - Willow (Gods Served and Abandoned by AntigoneUnbound)

PostPosted: Sat May 08, 2004 5:55 pm 
Debra, you're certainly succeeding with the light & fun. I chuckled right through this part, especially the last bit where Willow tries to convince herself that Tara's not cute. Glad she's aware that getting involved with a student would be not a good idea.

So, only 20 & a degree from MIT. Obviously in this world Willow has gotten to exercise that mighty brain of hers. I'm sure Tara's not a high school student. Shuyaku may be right, but I'm going to guess she's a university student teacher doing her practicum. Shall we get a pool going?

Interesting that this is still good old Sunnydale, and that some at least of the students don't buy the official version of what's going on. Wonder if there'll be any slayage?

Russ

PostPosted: Sat May 08, 2004 6:53 pm 
Hi,

I see you have another cute story going on here. I can't wait to see what happens. I really hope Tara isn't a student (because Yuck!).

I am guessing Willow graduates early. Maybe a few times.

Tara: My heart doesn't stutter.

Tara: Willow, I got so lost.

Willow: I found you. I will always find you.

PostPosted: Sat May 08, 2004 8:55 pm 
OOOh Debra...

Some questions answered but yet so many more on our minds...

Already thinking of Tara -- always a good thing (even if she is "warty" lol).

Can't wait for more.

Wimpy

PostPosted: Sat May 08, 2004 11:33 pm 
Great update, but again not many informations. HMPF i love ur story, but i am so curious DAMNIT i just hope that Tara aka "the girl";) isnt that young anymore....they would have some probs as Teacher and Student hmmm but normaly they are in the same age so..:hmm

Next one, kinda nowish yeah?pllsss:pray

Cu:wave

SoL/Natti

PostPosted: Sun May 09, 2004 3:45 am 
After getting so excited by this new story I almost went and missed the second part :blush

The scene with Willow teaching was fun, as was Willow thinking about Tara, trying to convince herself that Tara isn't cute (personally I think she'd have more luck convincing herself that the sun is cold). Though I'm going to go along with popular consensus and guess that Tara's a teacher rather than a student.

Looking forward to :read more

There's more than one way to do it. - The Perl mantra

PostPosted: Sun May 09, 2004 6:12 am 
Great update! The teaching part was fun to read. But I need more informations about Tara. How old is she? Is she a student or a teacher? I hope the latter. And when will they meet again?

*lil´c*

"Okay, we’re here, we’re queer, let’s kick this shit into gear," Five by Five (Taras Shadow)

SweetAmber

PostPosted: Sun May 09, 2004 7:10 am 
Ooh that was so good..Loved it. And Willow teaching..:heart . Love sam xx

"Sometimes things happen between people that you don't really expect. And sometimes the things that are important are the ones that seem the weirdest or the most wrong. And those are the ones that change your life." - Jessie Sammler (Evan Rachel Wood)

PostPosted: Mon May 10, 2004 6:53 am 
loved the update :D

I'm not stealing, I'm just taking things without paying for them. In what twisted dictionary is that stealing?
Welcome friends, how may I pervert you?

PostPosted: Mon May 10, 2004 8:32 am 
I have really enjoyed the first 2 parts of this story. Debra it is great to see that you are writing again :) I am such a sucker for the first meeting kind of stories and I love to see how Willow and Tara's relationship develops. Looking forward to seeing what happens next and maybe finding more out about Tara. Student or teacher? Thank you for the new story.

So, the day started and I knew my name and had my pants on. So far, so good. Yay.
Amber Benson

Post subject: School Days
PostPosted: Mon May 10, 2004 10:58 am 
Comments then a short Tara-centric update. Enjoy

Holly – Thanks. Yeah, I think she’d be a very good teacher. The next update is Tara-centric but won’t answer many questions. They will meet up again for sure.

Insanity – I can’t remember what questions you had but some will be answered with each udpate I hope. No, Dawn’s not in Willow’s class. The family is great! Thanks for asking.

her BRIGHTeyes – Ha ha. Yep, she’s a teacher.

Yvonne – Yeah, I think there are many stages of being an adult. It’s a step when you do your own laundry, when you pay your own bills, when you realize there is no one to rely on, and certainly when you have kids. But Willow’s an adult compared to being a high school student. No comment: re Tara.

shuyaku - :rofl and complimented. Thanks. Nice guessing but I’m not saying just yet.

russ – Thanks. More light and fun to come. Sure, get a pool going on Tara’s story. Stay tuned for all your questions.

The Rose24 – Yes, definitely hoping for cute.

wimpy0729 – Yes, many more to come. Probably not today though… :evil

Natti – Thanks. Yes, very few answers. They are forthcoming but short updates for a while.

justin – Ha ha. Glad you didn’t. Third part coming up in a minute.

Romy – Thanks. More later and they’ll meet in a few days.

sammi – Thanks.

Grimaldi – Thanks.

Puff – Hey there. :wave Yeah, I never really took much of a break, maybe a few days. A little more about Tara right now…

Title – School Days

Part 3 – Anyone Yummy?

Rating – Part 3 - PG

Thoughts in italics

Tara jiggled her key in the lock before feeling it finally turn. Once it did, she pressed her shoulder to the door and gave a good shove. Finally the door opened and she nearly fell over the threshold but righted herself but grasping the doorframe. “Hi honey, I’m home,” she shouted as she set her book bag next to the door.

No answer came from the small apartment and she looked at the couch which curiously enough was empty and the TV that even more curiously was turned off. Moving to the refrigerator to pull a bottle of water from the shelf she found a note:

T,

How was the first day of school? I hope you played nice with the little girls and boys. Speaking of nice little girls and boys, any one yummy? You need some yummy, T!

I went to look for a job after my classes. Need to bring home some bacon, you know?

Do you want to go out tonight? I think I heard about some hot spots.

Tara smirked and shook her head. Typical! Yummy? Right yummy Well ok, there was that girl that she had asked for directions to the English wing but that was so out of the question. The age difference… But … nice to think about.

For a few minutes she did just that: thinking about that girl. Her hair had shone so and bounced when she pointed down the hallway. And her eyes were the most intense green. It had seemed like there was a spark when Tara touched her on the shoulder to get her attention but surely that was just the blonde’s imagination. I’m not even going to ponder her lips, Tara quickly decided as she reached under the kitchen faucet and splashed cold water on her blushing face.

Well, if they were going out tonight she wouldn’t get any studying done after dark. Feeling determined, the blonde sat at the kitchen table and opened her books to study. She could make dinner in a few hours.

PostPosted: Mon May 10, 2004 11:07 am 
Yay i knew it, she is a teacher:D so everything is fine for both of them...even if Tara thinks, that Willow is a student:lol Age difference funny, i bet she will freak out if she finds out what age Willow is:p

But now i am kinda curious who Tara´s "hunny" might be...ok well a roomie, no?

Cu:wave

SoL/Natti

PostPosted: Mon May 10, 2004 11:11 am 
Now I'm even more curious than before. Okay first, so who's the letter from? I have my guesses, but they're probably wrong. Second, the age difference... how big is the age difference? A clue?

Yvonne:peace

PostPosted: Mon May 10, 2004 11:12 am 
Liked this update. :D

I´ll take it Tara is single and hopefully a teacher as well. Even a teacher needs to study sometimes. The note sounds so much like Faith.

*lil´c*

SweetAmber

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 721 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2, 3, 4, 5 ... 25  Next