The Kitten, the Witches and the Bad Wardrobe - Willow & Tara Forever

General Chat  || Kitten  || WaV  || Pens  || Mi2  || GMP  || TiE  || FAQ  || Feed - The Kitten, the Witches and the Bad Wardrobe

All times are UTC - 8 hours [ DST ]

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 212 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 4, 5, 6, 7, 8  Next
 Post subject: Feedback
PostPosted: Sun Jun 06, 2004 8:27 am 
That was wonderful, DW. I really enjoyed your use of first person point of view even though I normally don't. However your skill allowed me to feel what Willow felt and it was like seeing the events through her eyes.

I also appreciate how you're willing to take on emotional and controversial subjects such as gay bashing in Pressed Silence and single-parenting in this story. Your stories set the standard far above the bar.

Great job...

Susan

The Mystic Muse

Edited by: skeeter451 at: 6/6/04 7:36 pm

Post subject: Re: Feedback
PostPosted: Mon Jun 07, 2004 8:58 am 
willowhanded -- Congratulations on your impending parenthood!! And no matter what happens, you will have a child who loves you and who will need you for your love and support. I know that these are things you will be able to easily give, no matter how difficult it may get at times... and as cliche as it sounds... as long as you have love, then you can face anything. Congratulations again!!

skeeter451 -- Thanks! I generally don't write in first person, so when I do it's really because the story demands it. When I first started writing this particular story, I had no idea it would turn into a W/T fic. Actually, I first started writing it intending for it to be an extended monologue for a book of short plays I am compiling. I suppose it still could be (a monologue) with a few changes to names and whatnot... but I realized once I was firmly ensconced in the narrative that the person I imagined speaking was Willow... and from there the rest of the story wrote itself. As for tackling the "tough" subjects. I just like giving myself challenges... it just so happens that a lot of topics most consider to be "difficult" fall under my definition of "challenging". I love a good challenge!!

Thanks Everyone!!

Cheers

DW :pride

Edited by: DarkWiccan at: 6/7/04 9:21 pm

Post subject: Re: Belated Feedback
PostPosted: Tue Jun 08, 2004 3:35 pm 
Okay, I've finally made it as far as actually posting comments for this fic. I read it shortly after you posted (and I really mean shortly after, like, within minutes) but its taken me this long to be able to post a reply.

I thought this story was really incredible, especially considering how short it is. You created a entirely unique AU type of fiction that still felt full, warm and complete. It was one of those types that I kept finding myself drawn back to re-read over and over again.

I've read some of your early work and I'm really impressed by how your writing really seems to have grown and matured. I'm not a trained writer and was never really good and understanding or interpreting the underlying meanings of stories - I just know what I like and what I dont, and what seems good and what doesn't.

Now I know you may be wondering why it took me this long to give this type of surface feedback (or not). But this story, especially the epilogue, hit really, really and I mean REALLY, close to home and it's taken me this long just to be able to write anything coherent without flooding my keyboard.

Do ya suppose you could write something light and uplifting now? Right now 'Terms of Endearment' and 'Old Yeller' would seem like feel-good romps to me :tear

Mic

Post subject: Re: Belated Feedback
PostPosted: Thu Jun 10, 2004 8:43 am 
aka MKF -- Thank you for your feedback. It doesn't matter that it's late, I just appreciate that you took the time to post :) I do make it a point to try and write stories that affect people... so knowing that this little story affected you so deeply means a lot to me.

No worries for uplifting fic... I have two "happy-go-lucky" stories marinating on the burner right now... one of which is somewhere on this board (Broadway Baby) and the other which I have been working on since Summer 2002 (no kidding) and still have yet to post! But, I am almost done with it an hope to be posting it before the end of this summer.

Stay tuned...

Cheers!

DW :pride

Post subject: Another Belated Feedback
PostPosted: Thu Jun 10, 2004 1:53 pm 
Like my co-kitten aka MKF over there, I've had a hard time being able to post feedback to the conclusion of this story. I mean, how many times can you tell someone they're wonderful without it losing its meaning? I've read this story in its entirety three times now - and few parts got a forth and fifth reading - and it blows my mind every time.

You truly are a masterful storyteller and if and when you publish your first novel I'll be fighting the throngs of people to be first in line at the bookstore. (And in case you already have - can ya link me to amazon? :) )

--------------------------

Tinna Karen

-tölvunörd í fyrsta ættlið

Post subject: Re: New Short Fic: "Special"
PostPosted: Thu Jun 10, 2004 7:43 pm 
New to the archive. You can leave feedback! :)

and i don't really care if you think i'm strange   /   i ain't gonna change

Post subject: Oh Wow
PostPosted: Fri Oct 22, 2004 12:22 pm 
I started reading this fic back in April. I left the US for a job and I haven't had access to this board for about 5 months...and I'm so glad that I randomly looked at the recommendations thread and re-found this fic. It was wonderful...so gracefully written. You really know how to capture the human emotion. It makes me miss my brother (who has special needs) but it also makes me realize how wonderful my parents are, being able to do everything they have done for my brother. Patience and love are virtues...sometimes it takes someone like Joshua to make us realize how important it is in life. Bravo. :peace

Post subject: "Special"
PostPosted: Wed Nov 10, 2004 9:46 pm 
Um... Okay. I'm going to have difficulty expressing what I mean in its entirety. Trying anyway.

Thank you.

It was unbelievably sweet, fluffy, Willow and Tara goodness. Characters essentially the same but well adapted to new circumstances. Then, Joshua. I loved it so much and I still think it's going to give me nightmares...

So, yeah. Thank you is the best I can do. Never claimed to be good with words.

I’ve never purposely gone out to take somebody out. Well, maybe, in elementary school I once did try to trip somebody. –Amber Benson

PostPosted: Mon Jun 19, 2006 3:35 pm 
8. Vixen

Hi!
Cant believe I didnt leave feedback the first time around. Tonight I just had the 'urge' of re-reading this story. And it brought me to tears again. Such a, for a lack of a better word, special story.
Thanks for sharing this with us.

PostPosted: Tue Jun 20, 2006 7:48 pm 
6. Sassy Eggs

This story was so touching for me. I know about special needs children. Not so much on the part of MR or CP but my son was diagnosed with cancer when he was two. I thought my world had fallen apart. When the ER doctor came in and told me, I swear I could have punched the shit right out of him. If I wasn't clinging to my son and praying to God that the test were wrong then I would have. Trust me when I tell you that a lot of cursing was filling the air.

My son just had his 11th birthday ten days ago. He is happy and healthy and I thank the Lord that he is in excellent health. Unknown to us if the cancer will return.

Through the period of chemotherapy and radiation therapy, I almost lost him twice. Looking back on those days I wonder how I stayed strong.

After everything was fine with him, I broke down. I had a stroke about six months after the doctor stated that he was in complete remission. I discovered that I wasn't strong as I thought; my son was the strong one.

He stayed by my side each day of my recovery (even though he was only five) as I did with him.
I have fully recovered and I have three beautiful children. The youngest being the one with cancer.

Take to heart people that children are precious no matter what. Children are our lives. Unfortunately people take it for granted. If you have children, look into thier eyes and tell them that you love them each and every day.

DW, you have a beautiful story and you are a very talented writer. God bless you in every thing you do.

PostPosted: Wed Jul 26, 2006 2:10 pm 
2. Floating Rose

You're an amazing writer. I've read a lot of fics here on the Kitten, but this was the only one who could literally bring me to tears. When JJ died, I couldn't help myself and started to cry.

It was amazing.

PostPosted: Wed Oct 25, 2006 8:54 am 
5. Willowhand

This was so incredibly touching. You made me cry! At work! I really enjoyed this story, and I love the way you handle such sensitive issues. My hat goes off to you m'dear.

PostPosted: Thu Feb 15, 2007 7:41 pm 
Ms. Moderator Fantastico
Ms. Moderator Fantastico

:pinky I love this story of true love :kitty

PostPosted: Wed Jan 02, 2008 6:55 pm 
3. Flaming O

That was such a cute story. I was blown away by the ending. Very well written.

PostPosted: Wed Jan 09, 2008 10:03 pm 
3. Flaming O

DW, This was such an amazing story. I found it late last might, and i couldn't stop reading it. Now i finished it and it just an incredible story that blew me away. You did a great job writing it, that it drew me in and i could just feel their pain, I would be lying if i said that there were no tears when i read the last update.
Great Story, Ness

PostPosted: Sat Jan 26, 2008 6:25 am 
DarkWiccan,

Your work was absolutely beautiful :). It's probably the adult-to-adult world theme that enhanced the identification I felt with it. I read it at a single go and I think you've created a pretty good sex scene; most probably because it was a stand-alone scene that conveyed the power of the attraction between them even more.
Including a child with special needs also laid the focus on issues besides their love such as the clear-cut representation of traditional family life where a child comes to cement the couple’s relationship…and a Taddy (too cute.. :blush ).

Thank you,
Vi

PostPosted: Mon Feb 25, 2008 11:41 pm 
3. Flaming O

Can I just say now that I have stopped crying I am going to post ... this was an amazing story ! I never for a single moment till the last chapter thought it would end that way but dear lord once you starting with the whole I don't know why we waiting and didn't tell him stuff I knew something bad was going to happen it was just horrible but so good at the same time it was heartbreaking in so many ways ....

The writing was amazingly beautiful everything was put so ......simply yet deeply it just pulled at your heart every single line of this fic ... I love it one of the best I have read I don't know how I missed it way back when but I'm glad I found it tonight ! thanks so much for your wonderful writings ...

April K :applause

PostPosted: Tue Apr 22, 2008 12:00 am 
3. Flaming O

:sob :sob :sob :sob :sob

Wow, you actualy made me cry :sh

That was good, sad and happy all in the same fic

Kudos :clap

PostPosted: Tue Mar 17, 2009 4:12 pm 
3. Flaming O

Love this, my favourite ever fic. It's so subtle and despite the subject-matter it isn't in the least melodramatic or schmaltzy. The relationship between Willow and Tara feels very real and down to earth. And I love that the pain of losing someone precious isn't laid on with a trowel. You capture that dull ache that accompanies such loss so well.

It's fics like this that make me love AU. Thanks so much for sharing.

PostPosted: Thu Mar 19, 2009 10:31 pm 
3. Flaming O

Wonderful fic.

While reading this story, I couldn't help but switch characters unconsciously. I kept picturing Tara as the mother of Joshua and Willow as the ES worker.

But wonderful story nonetheless.

PostPosted: Mon Mar 21, 2011 2:39 pm 
6. Sassy Eggs

I would usually never think bumping up a finished story, but I think this is one new kittens should get a chance to read.

As someone with Asberger's Syndrome (high-functioning autism), I'm excited that you decided to write a story involving someone with special needs. I am very familiar Easter Seals (Crossroads in Indiana) and I believe they helped a lot in graduating high school and going to college. This is a story that I definitely plan on responding to as I read more chapters.

CHAPTER ONE:

I'm glad Willow decided to keep J.J. I wonder how the prospective parents would have reacted if they heard the news. It's much easier to look past difficulties when there is an instinctual bond. They wouldn't love him any less, but it would be hard.

I'm excited to see more of Willow's parents. They seem much more supportive than in the show. I'm assuming they know she gay.

I can't wait to see how Tara's involvement helps J.J.

PostPosted: Mon Mar 21, 2011 2:56 pm 
6. Sassy Eggs

I would usually never think bumping up a finished story, but I think this is one new kittens should get a chance to read.

As someone with Asberger's Syndrome (high-functioning autism), I'm excited that you decided to write a story involving someone with special needs. I am very familiar Easter Seals (Crossroads in Indiana) and I believe they helped a lot in graduating high school and going to college. This is a story that I definitely plan on responding to as I read more chapters.

CHAPTER ONE:

I'm glad Willow decided to keep J.J. I wonder how the prospective parents would have reacted if they heard the news. It's much easier to look past difficulties when there is an instinctual bond. They wouldn't love him any less, but it would be hard.

I'm excited to see more of Willow's parents. They seem much more supportive than in the show. I'm assuming they know she gay.

I can't wait to see how Tara's involvement helps J.J.

P.S. If anybody has any questions and/or comments about Asberger's Syndrome or Autism, please feel free to message me. I am very comfortable talking about my experiences, and would love to answer any questions (no matter how awkward).

PostPosted: Wed Mar 23, 2011 3:06 pm 
6. Sassy Eggs

The chapters are short enough that I’m going to read a page and then post the comments.

Chapter Two:

J.J. is so cute. I love how close Willow and Tara are. I can’t wait to see a nice Mrs. Rosenberg. It’s a rarity.

Chapter Three:

No Mrs. Rosenberg?

Quote:
Just because he was nonverbal, didn’t mean he was mute. It just meant that he wasn’t yet capable of utilizing language as a form of communication.

I know what you mean. There are videos of my parents having entire conversations with me when I was young where my responses included grunts and hand movements. The subtle differences in how my hand moved could mean the difference between “basketball” and “kangaroo.”

PostPosted: Wed Mar 23, 2011 3:40 pm 
6. Sassy Eggs

Chapter Four

Yay for Tara kissing Willow. Now Willow doesn’t have to pie anymore. I hope Kim doesn’t cause any problems. (Why do the women who seem to interfer with Willow and Tara always seem to have names that start with ‘K’ :p )

Chapter Five

Poor Willow. It’s just one thing after another. It’s amazing how much similar this is to my story and is making me realize what my mom and dad might have gone through. I was diagnosed with leukemia just after my first birthday, was considered “cured” aroud 4 and was diagosed with Autism in 4th grade. I hope everything turns out OK.

PostPosted: Wed Mar 23, 2011 3:41 pm 
6. Sassy Eggs

I can't seem to edit

"...was considered “cured” around 4 and was diagnosed with Autism..."

PostPosted: Wed Mar 23, 2011 3:51 pm 
6. Sassy Eggs

Chapter Six

WOW :thud

On a non - :drool note, I can totally see Willow’s mom picking out the Women’s World magazine because of Ellen..

PostPosted: Wed Mar 23, 2011 4:13 pm 
6. Sassy Eggs

Chapter Seven

Quote:
“The cow says … moo…”

:lol Funniest reality check I think I’ve ever read.

I’m glad they were both able to be honest with each other.

Chapter Eight

Great chapter. I thought it went a little fast, but that’s only because most of the stories I read have a day last an entire chapter, if not more. However, you did cover a lot of important parts.

Can’t wait to see how Willow and “Taddy” are going to add another sibling for Josh.

PostPosted: Wed Mar 23, 2011 4:59 pm 
6. Sassy Eggs

Chapter Seven

Quote:
“The cow says … moo…”

:lol Funniest reality check I think I’ve ever read.

I’m glad they were both able to be honest with each other.

Chapter Eight A

Great chapter. I thought it went a little fast, but that’s only because most of the stories I read have a day last an entire chapter, if not more. However, you did cover a lot of important parts.

Can’t wait to see how Willow and “Taddy” are going to add another sibling for Josh.

PostPosted: Wed Mar 23, 2011 5:12 pm 
6. Sassy Eggs

Oops. Just realized I posted twice.

Movie Review
I feel the same way about ’30 days of Night’ and ‘Skiline’
30 Days of Night: “Vampire invade an Alaskan town during a month of complete darkness. They are beaten when a guy injects himself with their blood through a needle to gain their strength and then sits with his girlfriend to watch the sun rise and turn to dust before he turns evil”

Skiline: What do you get when you mix Cloverfield, War of the Words, and Matrix? THE WORST MOVIE EVER!!! By the end, only 1 and half of the 5 main characters survive, but are still trapped on the spaceship. The half is because the guy’s brain has been harvested to “fuel” one of the aliens, but his mind somehow gains control. The last scene is him standing over his girlfriend, who looks like she still loves him, ready to protect her from a thousand other aliens. The End. ‘Angel’ had a more conclusive ending.

Chapter 8 B

;sob Poor Willow This was a truly touching story. It makes me feel really blessed that I ended up surviving all my difficulties.

What prompted you to write this story? Do you have any personal experience with special needs kids?

PostPosted: Thu Apr 14, 2011 6:25 pm 
2. Floating Rose

This was sad and heart warming. I really enjoyed this Fic thanks so much.

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 212 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 4, 5, 6, 7, 8  Next