The Kitten, the Witches and the Bad Wardrobe - Willow & Tara Forever

General Chat  || Kitten  || WaV  || Pens  || Mi2  || GMP  || TiE  || FAQ  || Feed - The Kitten, the Witches and the Bad Wardrobe

All times are UTC - 8 hours [ DST ]

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 212 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 4, 5, 6, 7, 8
 Post subject: Re: New Short Fic: "Special"
PostPosted: Mon Nov 14, 2016 3:26 pm 
1. Blessed Wannabe

Hi Darkwiccan,

I'm (finally) leaving you feedback for this story only because I know you're back on the KB and will actually see it.

This was one of the first fics I read when I started reading the fan fiction here. I saw it was recommended a couple of times in the recommendation thread so I gave it a shot.

Anyway, I can't stop thinking about this story and I first read it months and months ago. I think I've re-read it at least a half-dozen times.

I've read most of your other stuff too (thanks to this story) and I can see what people were saying about you being unafraid to take on the hard topics. Wow.

I don't know what I could say that is all that different to what's already been said. But I just had to tell you that this story, it got me... it got me deep. I don't have any friends or family who are disabled or anything, but it still got me.

I also like that this was a short fic. You could have really dug in and written a very long piece, going into tons of detail, but you didn't need to. One thing I have noticed about your writing style in general is that you are very economical with your words. The exception (possibly) being Leave It to Giles and its sequel. But even those were (comparatively) short. It was really more the stylistic approach in those that made them seem more verbose. (Look at me using the big words - lol).

But, yeah, I just had to let you know how much this story affected me. I was reading a fic today by someone else, and that fic has absolutely nothing to do with this one in any way, and yet I found myself thinking about this story - again.

This story is Special... not because it's called so... but because it just sticks. It stays. Like the absence of a child... it's always there. Does that make sense?

Ugh, I'm rambling... not in a good way.

Just... thank you for this story.

Ani

Post subject: Re: New Short Fic: "Special"
PostPosted: Tue Nov 15, 2016 3:14 pm 
10. Troll Hammer

Topics: 12
Ani -

Thank you. Wow - thank you. I'm deeply moved by your kind words. I'm so glad that my little story left such an impression.

It means the world to me that it's still being read.

Thanks again.

Cheers,
DW

Challenge Fics!: You Could Be Her ... Glasses ... Graffiti ... Pizza Day

Forbidden Fics?: Check out the Litterbox!

Oops, I made a mythtake... wt4ever

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 212 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 4, 5, 6, 7, 8