The Kitten, the Witches and the Bad Wardrobe - Willow & Tara Forever

General Chat  || Kitten  || WaV  || Pens  || Mi2  || GMP  || TiE  || FAQ  || Feed - The Kitten, the Witches and the Bad Wardrobe

All times are UTC - 8 hours [ DST ]

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 454 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 12, 13, 14, 15, 16  Next
 Post subject: Re: Chapter 13 (a bit of a teaser, not the whole chapter)
PostPosted: Sat Jan 10, 2004 9:01 am 
Erm, that wasn't meant to be a name flame but rather just an appreciation for a unique name. My apologies if you thought otherwise.

Time flies by when the Devil drives.
It's not the pace of life that concerns me, it's the sudden stop at the end.

Post subject: Great Fic!
PostPosted: Sat Jan 10, 2004 10:22 am 

Hey Kieli (Toni), I think this is my first post on your thread, and I just wanted to express my appreciation to your fic, and tell you why it means so much to me.

It's the first one I'VE EVER READ! And it's the one that got me hooked a year ago to the world of Tara and Willow fiction,

so thank you!

I'm so glad you're updating it again,

~Arwen

Post subject: Re: CAWM
PostPosted: Sat Jan 10, 2004 5:39 pm 
Those two girls are really capturing, arent´they ?????

One simply can´t resist......we are all so glad that you couldn´t resist either

!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!:banana :banana :banana :banana :banana :banana :banana :banana :banana

Hopefully you will have LOTS of time to write many more wonderful storys

Aishling

Post subject: Re: Chapter 13 (a bit of a teaser, not the whole chapter)
PostPosted: Sun Jan 11, 2004 3:17 am 
When I saw the name of the fic on the Pens I thought "Hmm that name looks familiar" Then whent I remembered what it was I rushed to read it.

That was a great update :applause I'm totaly curious about what the message from Chad means.

Looking forward to reading more

If you have any trouble sounding condescending, find a Unix user to show you how it's done. - Scott Adams

Post subject: Re: Great Fic!
PostPosted: Sun Jan 11, 2004 6:16 am 
Arwen: I do have to say that I am deeply honoured to have been the one to get you hooked on W/T fic. I have to say no one moves me as much as they do...Just Willow and Tara forever in any world, Buffyverse or AU. And I appreciate you as well.

Aish: I'm workin' on it, dear. I think I've rewritten the next half of this chapter about ten times now LOL....pitiful, isn't it?

Justin: Long time no see! Now Chad, he's a dear queer boy friend. Think I might have to give just a teeny little explanation about him somewhere *G* Great to see you again, my friend.

Just a tiny little update to finish out Chapter 13. I couldn't possibly have the story end on such an unlucky # so....here ya go.

Willow awoke to warm sunshine on her face and somewhat chilly breezes milling about the bedroom. Apparently the bedroom window had managed to open itself slightly at some point. One green eye popped open with annoying enthusiasm despite her best efforts to keep it closed. Normally, she was an early riser but after having awakened a few times in the middle of the night, she finally managed to get back to sleep after some cocoa and very bad late-night television. She rolled over onto her back, groaning at the knots in her neck and shoulders that were making themselves known. With a languid stretch and yawn, the redhead realized that Tara was nowhere in sight. A worried frown crossed her delicate features as she reached to grab the robe she had discarded and put it on.

The front door opened just as Willow wandered into the living room, still a bit groggy and sandy-eyed from sleep.

“Morning, sunshine,” Tara chirped breezily. Her skin practically glowed with the exertions of her morning run. Willow couldn’t help but stare at how well her lover filled out the maroon tracksuit and mint green Zen top she was wearing.

“How is it that you can have all of this perky energy in the morning?”

“Well, I managed to actually sleep last night,” Tara joked as she stopped to give the redhead a quick kiss before grabbing a container of Vitamin Water from the refrigerator.

“It’s not my fault you got me so wound up.”

“Um hmm…likely excuse. I kind of got into the habit of exercising in the morning after a while. Jet lag was getting harder and harder to recover from,” the blonde commented while absently sifting through a small mountain of mail on the kitchen island counter. “So what do you want to do today? I wasn’t planning on dealing with emails or voice mail messages until Monday.”

Willow’s eyes flashed with sudden excitement. “I’ve got a surprise for you,” she singsonged.

Tara paused in the act of pitching a Publisher’s Clearing House advertisement into the trash, her interest clearly piqued. “Oh, really? And what did I do to deserve such a thing?” she said, pulling the redhead into a loose embrace.

“Nothing…just being you.”

“Uh huh…what are you up to Willow Rosenberg?”

“Me? Up to something? Madam, I must say that I am shocked that you would think that I could possibly be up to something,” Willow said in mock horror.

Tara gave her lover that “I’m so not buying the Innocent Little Me act” look. “How about trying that again, missy.”

“Ok ok…but honestly I can’t tell you. That would ruin it and I really think you’re going to love this. However, we do have to be done with any errands by 7:30 pm.”

Tara gazed at the Kanji clock on the wall and did some mental calculations. “Well that means I’d better get showered and dressed. Care to join me or are you still trying to wake up?” she said with an amused grin.

“Uh huh, go ahead…laugh it up. Just you wait. No more kisses for you,” the former hacker replied, giving her lover a moody pout. “You might want to be nicer to me because, HEY I have surprises and good things for lovely honey bunnies.”

“Now now, I’ll make it up to you with lots of sudsy goodness,” Tara chuckled as she led Willow into the bathroom. “But I’m cutting you off after an hour otherwise we’ll never get out of here.

Willow just gave her a wicked smile.

TBC

PostPosted: Sun Jan 11, 2004 12:56 pm 
Ooh, lovely update..I wonder what Willow is up to? hmm...Loved it :flower Love sammi xx

"Sometimes things happen between people that you don't really expect. And sometimes the things that are important are the ones that seem the weirdest or the most wrong. And those are the ones that change your life." - Jessie Sammler (Evan Rachel Wood)

PostPosted: Sun Jan 11, 2004 10:57 pm 
I am looking forward to seeing Willow's surprise.

Tara: My heart doesn't stutter.

Tara: Willow, I got so lost.

Willow: I found you. I will always find you.

PostPosted: Mon Jan 12, 2004 1:26 am 
Oh yeah, track-suited Tara made me sit up and take notice when I read this edifying update.

Was she all glistening with sweat and the beads of moisture cascading in rivulets down that porcelain skin of hers?

:drool :eyebrow

The mere thought of hot sweaty Tara makes me want to be reincarnated as a shower massage nozzle.:thud

I'm also heartned that my nickname's abbrieviation causes you to have naughty thoughts.

Remember naughty thoughts, especially Willow/Tara naughty thoughts, are a blessing and boon to all people everywhere.:peace

PostPosted: Mon Jan 12, 2004 8:14 am 
:laugh :laugh 'Licious you are..too...funny! And I'm sure other parts of you *ahem* stood up and took notice too...could that be what you're sayin'? ;)

PostPosted: Tue Jan 13, 2004 1:02 am 
Uh oh, I've been rumbled. That's exactly what I was saying in my usual convoluted circumlocuted way of phrasing things:whistle .

The key is dramatic obfuscation.

It's a natural by-product of Willow/Tara goodness.

Anyway, can't wait to see how you wrap things up for our fair Wiccan twosome.

The vagaries of geographical distance have no earthly sway over the timeless nature of Willow/Tara's union into oneness.:willow :tara

PostPosted: Thu Jan 15, 2004 9:30 am 
:bigwave Toni :flower ,

YAY! Your back! :pinky I missed you and your wonderful fics! :wink I loved chapter 13. :clap :bow I can't wait to see what :willow surprise for :tara is. :D They seem to be getting in to some nice clean fun. :D Can't wait to :read more. Update soon, please? :pray :pray :pray :pray

Grace :glasses :flower :fallen :peace

----------------------------------------

"Fate keeps on happening."--Anita Loos

"I'm here without you baby/But you with me in my dreams/And tonight girl, there's only you and me."--Here Without You--3Doors Down--Mine and My Baby's song.

PostPosted: Thu Jan 15, 2004 4:11 pm 
Great to see this fic back:applause

Gota say I was missing it, being one of the first AU fics I fell in love with its great to have it back

Now.... whens the next update please?

Lifes a bowl of punch G'head and spike it-Nick Hexum

PostPosted: Tue Feb 03, 2004 9:51 am 
Soon dear, Footie, soon. We've had hell weather here so work has been a real bear. I really need to wrap this up soon though. The natives are getting restless. :yikes

PostPosted: Wed Feb 18, 2004 3:18 am 
Hiya Toni,

I was very happy to see you've added to this adorable story. Looking forward to reading about what Willow has planned!

Edited by: mollyig  at: 2/18/04 2:19 am

Post subject: Re: Chapter 14 - Come Away With Me (Finale)
PostPosted: Thu Jul 01, 2004 3:43 pm 
Ok so there was this person (I won't name names) who's been emailing me constantly for a week...the whole time I was on holiday....driving me nuts until I promised to finally finish this fic. Well Wiz, you got your wish. Hope I did ok for ya. Thanks to my loving wife for putting up with me for an entire day until I could finish this up. I love you more than I can say.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Chapter 14 – Come Away With Me

After few hours of brisk shopping and a quick lunch at the Lambertville Station Pub across the bridge in Lambertville, New Jersey, Tara and Willow decided that they each needed to get a little work done before stepping out for the evening. They had returned to Tara’s home around 4:30pm and they each had acquired an overstuffed chair in different corners of her living room ostentatiously for that purpose. However, Willow found that it was damn near impossible to pay attention to anything while Tara was so near to her. She caught herself staring at her lover’s flowing jaw line as she absently chewed on the end of her pencil, jotting down a line or two in the midst of deep concentration on the notes spread out in front of her. The redhead allowed herself the luxury of a tiny shudder of pleasure because Tara was wearing her glasses to do work. It was ever the turn on in her humble opinion. Try as she might, Willow couldn’t concentrate of project timelines and software development metrics. With a resigned sigh, she piled up her paperwork neatly and stacked them in her briefcase.

Truth be told, that night’s impending surprise had her more than a little on edge. Willow had briefly gone off on her own during their little spendfest and sought out her favourite shop to make a purchase that was sure to set her back almost a car payment and a half. She smiled to herself, remembering the raised eyebrow Tara had given her when they met back up for lunch. Willow had ambled down the crowded sidewalk, whistling (or at least attempting to whistle…Tara wasn’t quite sure which) merrily with her hands stuffed in her pockets, looking for all the world like a red-headed Tom Sawyer up to no good. Willow idly fingered the small velvet box in her pocket, her mind reeling with a half dozen details she needed to talk with Chad about before they left for the evening. She stood up, stretching out some of the kinks in her lithe frame.

“Baby?”

“Hmm?” Tara murmured distractedly.

“I’m going to head back to my place to get ready,” Willow placed a gentle kiss on top of her lover’s head.

“You’re leaving me?” Tara asked in a plaintive tone.

“Just for a little bit. I left my Palm Pilot at home and need to make calls to a couple of numbers that are in it. You know….annoying stuff for Cole.” She rolled her eyes when mentioning her decidedly anal boss.

“Oh well, ok,” Tara heaved a resigned sigh. “But don’t be late. I’m timing you.”

“Yeeees, dear.” Willow deadpanned.

“Ah hah, I say this only because I know how you are when you get distracted,” the blonde gave Willow a faux innocent smile.

“Do not!” Willow protested, then paused. “Well, only around you. Really..”

Tara just raised an amused eyebrow. Willow glared back at her.

“Honest! Really! No mocking the computer geek. Mocking is not allowed.”

Tara chuckled and went back to her work. “Call me before you leave your house, dear.”

The former hacker gathered up her things, pausing only to give her lover a brief kiss before heading out the door.

“Are we good to go, Chad?” Willow spoke into the cordless hands-free Bluetooth headset attached to her cell phone.

“Oh grrlfriend, please,” Chad’s voice drawled on the other end. “I make the Fab Five look like the Drab 5. Leave it to lil ole me, will ya? We’ll have your kitten simply purring by the end of the evening.”

The redhead was a little worried at Chad’s boasting. She loved the good looking, dark-haired programmer to pieces; he had helped her try to feel her way around the “City of Queer Family Love” as he liked to call it, when she was feeling overwhelmed and lonely. The last time she trusted him with an important occasion, he had a straight up hissy fit with Cole who managed to look rather worried that he had gotten Chad’s bad side. Willow thought that was strange at the time because no one had been able to drop Cole like the self-proclaimed diva. Chad must have understood what Willow’s silence at the end of the line meant, for he gave an irritated huff. “Now look,” he said with an exaggerated sigh of patience. “I didn’t embarrass you or anything.” He paused briefly. “Well not too much at any rate…but the point is, you’ve got a venue and the sparklies and the bubbly. What more could a girl ask for?”

“Who knew,” the redhead said with a wry smile, “that a gay man would have all of the secrets to winning a girl’s heart?”

“Hmph,” Chad sniffed. “Your problem is you think too much. Now get moving, dear! You don’t have much time left and I know how long it takes for you to decide on what to wear.”

Willow giggled at him, promised to spill all of the juicy bits to him the next day and rang off.

Forty minutes later, Willow pulled into Tara’s driveway, thoroughly nervous and excited at the same time. She had to admit that she was looking rather dashing in the dark blue summer wool Brooks Brothers single-breasted blazer, white cotton blouse, light coloured Irish linen slacks and dark blue Kenneth Cole loafers. A slight smirk of satisfaction crossed her face with the knowledge that Chad might just faint on the spot when she tells him that it only took her ten minutes to put her outfit together.

It was with mild surprise that Willow noted the slight trembling in her hands when she was attempting to lock the door to her car. It’s ok, Will…you can do this. It’s just Tara and you have nothing to be afraid of. She chuckled quietly at her own silliness and knocked on the door. The erstwhile hacker almost fell over in awe when Tara came to the door to receive her. The blonde definitely had style, Willow had to admit. “Whoa…” was the only word that seemed to be able to come out of her mouth. Her lover was resplendent in a black David Meister jersey dress with matching black Manolo Blahnik slides and an amazingly silken black wrap. Apparently, she did more than a bit of shopping for this occasion. Willow remained hovering over the threshold, gazing with rapt attention as Tara finished putting on her diamond and platinum earrings.

“Willow!” Tara’s voice snapped the redhead back to reality.

“Huh?” was her stunned reply.

“I said, are you ready?” Tara asked, repeated her sentence slowly.

“Oh! Oh yeah! Sure. All set,” she chattered. Willow stuck out her arm for Tara to take. “Your chariot awaits milady.” she drawled.

Tara rolled her eyes. “It seems that someone’s been letting you read lesbian romance novels again.”

“Hey now, I’ve been good! Becca only had to confiscate one novel from my desk this time.”

Tara’s eyes twinkled with mirth. “I’ll bet. We’d better get moving. Traffic on I-95 will be a nightmare even at this time of night. You are going to tell me where we’re going, right?”

“Nothing doing,” Willow said firmly. “It’s a surprise so you’re just going to have to deal.”

“All right, all right,” the blonde acquiesced, raising her hands in mock defeat.

Willow helped her lover into the car and then got in beside her. The drive to downtown Philadelphia wasn’t nearly as troublesome as they thought. The car was filled with witty banter and intermittent giggles as they chatted amiably about everything and nothing important. Willow asked Tara to close her eyes just before they pulled up to the front of the restaurant. She got out, handed her car keys to the waiting valet and helped Tara out of the front seat. The blonde took a few tentative steps before she felt her lover’s arm wrap around her slim waist. She allowed herself to be guided into the restaurant; her senses soon were greeted with the sounds and smells within.

Willow took a deep breath. “You can open your eyes now.”

Tara blinked a few times to clear her vision. They stood in the moody, languid lobby of Warmdaddy’s, one of the most renowned blues-style/Southern Cuisine restaurants in the city. Piano music tinkled in the background as servers bustled to set up tables and light candles in preparation for guests.

“Willow!” she exclaimed. “Ooh, how did you know that I wanted to come here?”

Willow blushed deep crimson and managed to look slightly ashamed. “Actually, I didn’t know. A friend of mine thought you might like it and the owner owes him a favour, soo..” her voice trailed off. Blue eyes gazed into deep green ones. Tara gave Willow a quick peck on the cheek and held her close.

“That’s all right, love. I forgive you. Now let’s go find a table. I’m starved for some reason.”

The former hacker looked around the room, surprised that she and Tara seemed to be the only people there at the moment. A young woman was warming up on the Roland keyboard in the center of one of the two small stages toward the side of the restaurant while her bandmates were busy setting up their microphones, monitors and other assorted instruments. A balding, youngish-looking black man approached the couple just as they found a table closest to one of them.

“Evening, ladies,” his deep voice greeted them, giving each of them a firm, yet gentle handshake. “My name is Ben Bynum Jr. and welcome to my place. Chad said you might be a little early,” he said as he gave a knowing wink to Willow. She looked a little shocked but recovered easily. Tara was totally oblivious to her lover’s reaction. She was too busy looking around the spacious, comfortable dining room.

“It’s everything I imagined it would be, Mr. Bynum,” she said lightly. “Any bands playing tonight?”

Bynum chuckled. “Was there ever any doubt that there would be? We’ve got a special guest tonight. I think you’ll like her. She’s got a little bit of this, a little more of that. Smooth and easy, like a good martini. Speaking of martinis, what would you folks like to drink?”

“I think I’ll live on the wild side tonight,” Tara murmured. “How about a tiramisu martini?”

“Good choice!” Bynum exclaimed. “And you, Ms. Rosenberg?”

“Hmm?” she asked blankly. “Oh, just a shot of Knob Creek for me. Thanks.” Tara stared at her with one eyebrow raised but said nothing.

“Okie dokie,” the owner said. “Jana is going to be your server tonight so if you need anything else, just let her know. Enjoy yourselves, ladies and she’ll be right along with your drinks.”

They both nodded in assent and he left their table to greet other guests coming in the front door.

“What was that all about, dear? And who’s Chad?” the blonde queried.

Willow cleared her throat and nervously fingered the blue velvet box in her blazer pocket. She noticed that the restaurant was filling rapidly which didn’t help to ease her ragged nerves.

“Hey,” Tara touched her arm. “Are you ok?”

The redhead took a deep, calming breath, more to help get her thoughts together than anything. “You know how I’ve been going on about how Cole has been driving me nuts lately and how I really should just leave and get it over with?”

Tara nodded her head, her eyes silently prodding Willow to continue.

“Well,” she hesitated, turning to stare deeply into her lover’s eyes. “I got a letter recently from Rupert Giles, CEO of Giles/Berman International. He’s a real bigwig in the software development world; his company created the premier cataloguing database for the Library of Congress, among other customers. He’s asked me to work for him as Director of Developmental Projects.”

Tara gasped in excitement. “Willow, that’s great! When do you start?”

“Erm, as soon as possible, actually. But there’s a catch.”

“What’s that?” Tara frowned.

“I’d have to move to England. That’s where their corporate headquarters is located.”

The look on Tara’s face changed from joy to sadness instantly. “So what will happen to us?” she asked, a slight quiver in her voice.

“That’s why we’re here tonight,” Willow said in a half-whisper. The woman onstage was still practicing, it seemed, as she started singing softly so that her voice carried only to the first few rows of tables.

Come away with me in the night
Come away with me
And I will write you a song

Willow removed her hand from her pocket and placed the velvet box on the table.

Come away with me on a bus
Come away where they can’t tempt us
With their lies

“This is for you,” she remarked as she pushed the box toward Tara. “I wanted this to be so special but I’m a putz. I can’t even find the words when I need them most.” Willow gazed at her lover with unshed tears in her eyes. “Go ahead, open it.”

I want to walk with you
On a cloudy day
In fields where yellow grass grows knee-high
So won’t you try to come

Tara reached for it, her hands now trembling visibly. She opened the box with what seemed to be an agonizing slowness. Nestled within the velvety folds was a Diana platinum engagement ring with a half carat solitaire diamond.

Come away with me and we’ll kiss
On a cloudy day
Come away with me
And I’ll never stop loving you

The blonde almost fainted with shock. “Is this…,” she gasped. “Does this mean what I think it means?”

She looked back at Willow who had an almost serene expression on her face. “Yes, I think it does.” Willow slid off her chair and got down on one knee beside Tara. She picked up the last strains of the mellow song that had wrapped itself like a comfortable blanket around the pair. Her voice floated clear and low, meant for Tara’s ears only.

And I want to wake up with the rain
Falling on a tin roof
While I’m safe there in your arms
So all I ask is for you
To come away with me in the night
Come away with me

“So what do you say?” Willow asked quietly. Her heart was hammering triple time in her chest but she tried not to show it.

Tears were streaming openly down Tara’s alabaster skin, a crooked smile on her face. “When do we leave?” she whispered.

Years later, Willow would be hard-pressed to remember a more perfect moment, an event that had changed her life so much as this one had. As the music played on and the world swirled around them, the fire of love rose higher and higher until their happiness filled the sky.

FINIS
Time flies by when the Devil drives. It's not the pace of life that concerns me, it's the sudden stop at the end.

Post subject: you finished!!
PostPosted: Thu Jul 01, 2004 4:19 pm 
You finished it! You finished it!!

And it's GORGEOUS!!!!!!

Congratulations, girl!!

You rule!

Cheers

DW:bounce

PostPosted: Thu Jul 01, 2004 5:08 pm 
I'd read this story somewhere else, but Im going to reply to it here...

:bow :love :bow MY GOD IT WAS BEAUTIFUL!!!!! :bow :love :bow

I saw the title "Come Away With Me", and im like "oooh...N.J., my hero". So I started reading....and from sentance 1, I was hooked. Wonderful job, Wonderful Ending. And my god...

It was beautiful.

Thank You,

:flower BWR

Post subject: Re: you finished!!
PostPosted: Thu Jul 01, 2004 8:14 pm 
Beautiful. :heart One of them had to make a move. :bounce :bounce :bounce

Thanks for finishing this lovely story.

Tara: My heart doesn't stutter.

Tara: Willow, I got so lost.

Willow: I found you. I will always find you.

PostPosted: Fri Jul 02, 2004 8:01 am 
DW: Whoa :shock That's high praise. I'm sure I don't deserve it. This was a really cheesy ending, IMHO....cheesier than I ever thought I could be capable of. But I was being nagged to death so...there ya go :lol

Rose: I have to tell you, I'm going to miss your happy missives. It feels a little painful to be ending their adventures but, alas, this damn train has got to stop somewhere. Hope to see you around my other fics. :pride

PostPosted: Fri Jul 02, 2004 8:40 am 

wow it's done!

I can't believe it!

As I've previously wrote you once, this fic was the first I've ever read. And that was 2 years ago. Much has been done during that time, more fics have been read, but this one holds a special spot, thank you for completing it, for writing it, it's beautiful.

~Arwen

Hear That Baby? You're My Always... Willow

PostPosted: Fri Jul 02, 2004 11:19 am 
Wow..That was so incredibly beautiful :heart . It made me all happy inside :p . Love sam xx

"Sometimes things happen between people that you don't really expect. And sometimes the things that are important are the ones that seem the weirdest or the most wrong. And those are the ones that change your life." - Jessie Sammler (Evan Rachel Wood)

PostPosted: Fri Jul 02, 2004 3:25 pm 
Holy :shock You've finished it. I can't even believe that it was two years ago when you posted part one.

I have adored this fic and between yours and DW's it's been delightful to get such amazing stories to read. I believe I may have occassionally begged for a post or two but only so that it would bring us here.

It feels kinda monster at the endish; where you want the final moments but you'd rather go back so you can enjoy the anticipation of more.

Seriously Toni, thanks for this. It was smart and touching and above everything a beautiful story of love.

Urn of Osiris"All things are connected like the blood that unites us all. Man did not weave the Web of Life, he is merely a strand in it. Whatever he does to the web, he does to himself."

PostPosted: Mon Jul 05, 2004 2:03 am 
Lovely end to a truly delightful story. Again I have to say how much I loved the songs being interspersed so effectively with the tale.

Thanks for this Toni

Sheacht mh'anam déag do bhéal, do mhalaí's do ghrua

PostPosted: Tue Jul 06, 2004 12:52 pm 
Arwen: I must bow deeply for I am humbled. Seriously. It feels more than awesome to know that someone holds my work in such high esteem. :flower I thank you.

Sam: Only one thing to say to ya, darlin': :bigkiss smooches!

UoO: URNIE! :thud You did a drive-by! :shock I haven't heard from you in fuhEvah! I've missed you and so glad you came back for the finale. Your opinion has always meant a great deal to me.

Molls: *BEAR HUGS* Now all I need to do is find a way to work in another Indigo Girls song into one of my other fics...just for you :D

PostPosted: Thu Jul 08, 2004 12:53 pm 
:bigwave Toni :flower ,

OH MY GOD!!!! I love that ending. :clap :bow :clap :bow I don't believe that I missed it. :sheep :willow proposed to :tara !!!! :bounce :pinky :applause :eatme That was a great ending! :heart So. what are the chances of a sequal? :whistle

How are you doing? Anything new and exciting going on with you?

Grace :glasses :flower :fallen :peace

------------------------------------------

"Fate keeps on happening."--Anita Loos

Post subject: whew
PostPosted: Thu Jul 08, 2004 7:21 pm 
Kieli,

I always suspected that you had a mushy side somewhere but...whow. Maybe one day, Disney Pictures will make this into a movie (there will be a cute lil song at the end, of course, before the final kiss). Anyway, I was absent long enough to know none of the fiction authors here at the Kitten anymore but I remembered you from ole Politics Thread days so I caught up with your fic and I'm happy that I did. I like its lightness, funniness, yeah even occasional true wittiness and I was relieved to see that stories that are more on the fluffier side don't have to be quite as...exuberantly fluffy as other fluffs. I hope you get my point or else, this sounds very stupid. Sometimes it's good to get a break from angst - thanks for writing this and you did it well.

See you around,

Cass

Edited by: cassiopeia191 at: 7/8/04 6:22 pm

PostPosted: Fri Jul 09, 2004 12:08 am 
Again, another voice heard saying :clap and all with both the :happycry because another update but also with the:sob because this wonderful story of love, devotion, and the timeless conncection that knows no constraints has ended.

Since we are leaving this version to their privacy together, as a wedded couple so happy together, cue the Turtles, it was a magnificently aaawwwww-inspiring wrap-up.

Willow with the grand romantic gesture of getting down on one knee and proposing to Tara.

Nice descriptions of the clothes they were wearing too. Lets us picture them and then undress them ourselves:luv

Hope you'll favour us with another tale of W/T love soon.

Edited by: taralicious at: 7/8/04 11:10 pm

PostPosted: Fri Jul 09, 2004 5:51 am 
BWW: Grace! How are you, dear? Life is busy, to be sure. Email me and I'll give you all of the long, boring details *chuckle*

Cass: Me?! Mushy?? :shock Shh! Don't say that so loud! You'll ruin my image ;) I hear you about most fluff though....some it is so fluffy that it makes lemon meringue look positively leaden *shudder* I like my fluff to have a bit of flaky crust....some plot at the very least.

taralicious: I actually do have another tale of W/T love, although it's not quite the fluffy stuff. Mother Earth and Father Sky is around here somewheres. Another chapter is in the offing as soon as I finish taking my certification exams so I'll keep you posted. And I am honoured that you remember me from my argumentative days ;) Not that I've changed all that much but, yanno, it's good to be thought of :grin

PostPosted: Fri Jul 09, 2004 7:49 am 
Oh wow. Sad to say, I'd never checked out this story before tonight, but I just read the whole thing all at once, and I was completely bowled over by it. I adore the way the story had its own soundtrack, even though I know zero about any of the songs you used, it just set the mood somehow. And I'm definitely going to be looking them up :) So many sweet moments, Tara's long-distance radio request when Willow had to go home, flying to California to be with her, the murder mystery night and then Tara singing to Willow... and all the longing and wondering of being apart so much, but they both held on and believed, and the ending was so lovely. I'm feeling all warm and fuzzy, and not a little teary-eyed too :)

I'd be very gratified if you'd allow me to host this story on Through the Looking-glass (alia.customer.netspace.ne...lass.htm), it being the kind of AU the archive is here for, and a truly lovely tale. If you'd like that, is there an email address you'd like to go with the story? You can email me at alia@netspace.net.au, although if you'd rather not have an email on the pages that's fine too. I do hope you'll agree.

Thanks for writing this marvellous story, it really filled my evening with joy, music and sweet thoughts :)

PostPosted: Fri Jul 09, 2004 9:48 am 
Artemis: I've been a fan of your work for some time now (I've been an idjit, I'll admit it....you needed to hear that a long time ago) so this is quite an honour. :bow If you want, I can snail mail you the CD I made of the songs in the fic (some readers requested it so I just put it together and packed it off for their enjoyment...AlwaysE has been referring to it as The Perfect Date CD or something like that). By all means, do feel free to post CAWM on your site. You can use my kieli at taoist-life.net email address. Do email me though and let me know if you want the CD and I'll send it off straight away.

Toni

ETA: ARTEMIS! I LOVE IT! :thud It's perfect! The graphic is just.....just.....well PERFECT! *sigh* Actually I'm a little jealous....here I was thinking simple was the best way to go for my own archive and you've gone and made me look like a peon. :cry Awesome!

Edited by: Kieli  at: 7/13/04 11:56 am

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 454 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 12, 13, 14, 15, 16  Next