The Kitten, the Witches and the Bad Wardrobe - Willow & Tara Forever

General Chat  || Kitten  || WaV  || Pens  || Mi2  || GMP  || TiE  || FAQ  || Feed - The Kitten, the Witches and the Bad Wardrobe

All times are UTC - 8 hours [ DST ]

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 359 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8 ... 12  Next
 Post subject: Re: Thank-You
PostPosted: Sat Nov 02, 2002 1:12 pm 
Wow - That was fantastic. I have so been looking forward to this update. Willow babble was so cute and so Willowlike, you get everything just right. I loved the way Tara was making jokes at the start, (cos the tension definitley needed relieving after Oz's visit), also it's so Taralike to worry that he was going to hurt someone else after he'd left them. I loved the whole Xander fiasco, there was so much good stuff in here, too much to mention, so just - Thank you so much.

I am really looking forward to more :)

Karen

PostPosted: Sun Nov 03, 2002 8:08 pm 
Wow.

I was away all weekend, definatly lacking in the computer having area, but I had to come and check for an update as soon as I got home. I was rewarded amazingly. This update was fantastic, as everyone here has already said. You can really almost feel as if your there with the characters, and somehow seeing into them, knowing them, and understanding them. Your grasp of who they are, and how they would speak, act, and feel is honestly amazing. You've brought these people to life with your words in a way i didnt know was possible. Keep it up, you rock! *hugs*

Sara

PostPosted: Mon Nov 04, 2002 2:11 am 
Once again I had to praise you and your writing talent. I love Tara’s sense of humor so much especially her videotape comment. I honestly thought she was going to revert to her usually quiet, shy self and just hang her head in embarrassment. But she totally caught me off guard with her videotape comeback. I love the banter between them. The way they, to put it simply, fit together perfectly. They complete each other, as cheesy as it sounds, they do. I love they way you write them so much. Xander’s comments were just so, Xander. Giles is simply hilarious and so kind to have said that to Willow. I love this line and I

QUOTE:

“I’m so very happy for you," he murmured as he pulled her into a warm embrace. "You deserve to be loved for the remarkable person you are."

I actually got all teary eyed. In the end, Giles, his comment to Xander, not only did it catch me off guard but also it made me laugh so hard. Buffy's reaction about, and support for Willow brings me so much comfort.

Thank you so much for this brilliant story please let it continue. I look forward to reading more.

By the way I’m just curious to know, but have written any other W/T stories I might be able to read. I am really impressed by this story that I would like to read some of your other work. If that’s okay with you of course.

Thanks again.

Patty

Post subject: >.<
PostPosted: Mon Nov 04, 2002 9:35 am 
*bites her nails* I can't wait for the next update!!!! *runs in circles*

hehehe

Sara

Post subject: On Second Thought: Part 5
PostPosted: Tue Nov 05, 2002 8:30 pm 
On Second Thought: Part 5

But first, a few last responses to Part 4:
]]Stereo (Karen)—I’m glad you liked the Willow babble! Yeah, I think Tara’s definitely the person most likely to worry about other people that she didn’t even know. Thanks for the kind words and encouragement.
]]DW—As ever, you say the nicest things! (Insert blush here.) I’m glad you liked Giles’ parting comment to Xander. I think that he’s a nice example of the "less is more" precept when it comes to humor. Thanks again for your incredible support, and don’t forget that I’m lovin’ "The Heart Rules the Mind" in all kinds o’ ways!
]]AmberEyedDragon—I’m psyched that the characters feel real to you. I think that on the show, they drive the plot instead of vice-versa, so it feels pretty imperative to write them well in order for anything they do to interest the readers at all. Thanks for the good thoughts.
]]Patty—Wow…Those were some of the kindest words I’ve ever read about a piece I’ve written (for anything). Actually, this is my virginal effort: I just found the board not long ago. Thanks a lot for your positive thoughts; I really appreciate you taking the time to write them.

And now, we return to our story…

Premise: Way the heck back in S4, Willow makes a difficult choice
Disclaimer: Joss and Mutant Enemy created Willow and Tara, but I, a lowly lesbian from the heartland of America, join other defiant Kittens in rescuing them from the wretched refuse of Season 6.
Rating: NC-17
Spoilers: Up to the end of "New Moon Rising"
Distribution: But of course…Please give credit and disclaimer. Thanks.

Summary: Willow initially chose Oz, in no small part b/c she believed he needed her more. It became clear, however, that her love for Tara was only growing. They met for coffee and longing glances. Willow ran into Tara at the Bronze, only to find Tara being, shall we say, appreciated by another woman. Willow fled, Tara followed, Big Time Sensuality (to quote Bjork) ensued. They fell asleep contentedly in each other’s arms. Willow awoke to the sound of someone entering the room—Oz, stopping by on an ill-advised whim. Oz wolfed out, but Tara employed a soothing spell that included, in essence, offering herself to the werewolf while Willow was anchored in a state of safety and calm. After a rather tenuous stand-off, Oz bounded out the door, still in wolf form. The next day, Willow and Tara called a Scooby meeting to talk about the night’s events, a conversation that included Willow coming out to everyone. They all responded well except Xander, who had a brief moment of blinding self-importance. He was eventually, however, set straight (as it were). The meeting ended with the plan that everyone try to locate Oz, using a reasoned mixture of caring and caution.

On Second Thought—Part 5

"You know, of all the sentences I thought I might h-hear today, none of them included Mr. Giles using the phrase ‘stirring in my loins.’ That one might stay with me for a long, long time." They were walking back from the Scooby meeting.

"And, holy phallocentrism, Cat Girl—can you believe Xander? Honestly, does he really think he’s that irresistible?" The radius of Willow’s hand gestures was directly proportional to her emotional agitation, and an estimated compass reading suggested that right now she was Filled With Righteous Indignation.

"Actually, sweetie, I don’t think he thinks he’s irresistible at all. I mean, I kinda figure that’s wh-why he looks so hard for any sign that he’s attractive to anyone at all."

Willow paused on the steps to Tara’s dorm. "But he has Anya, and she makes it pretty clear that they enjoy carnal knowledge on a daily basis."

"Well, yeah," Tara acknowledged, tugging on the heavy door to the building. "But don’t you think Anya’s kind of, um…"

"Rude? Socially clueless to the point of stupefaction? Surprisingly able to pay for basic necessities in light of the fact that she apparently holds no job and certainly can’t have any savings?"

"Well, I suppose ‘yes’ to all those things…But I was thinking more along the lines of, um, not being particularly discerning with regard to her choice of intimate partners."

"Oh—you mean easy. Loose. Spends more time with her legs in the air than a professional tight-rope walker."

"Uh, yeah." Tara slid her key into her lock and pushed open the door. "So I don’t know how special he feels to her; you know, how irreplaceable."

Willow considered this, and began to think that her girlfriend had a good point. Sometimes she had to remind herself that Tara didn’t consider herself to be socially adept—she was probably the most discerning yet charitable judge of character that Willow had ever met.

"Dr. Maclay, I think you may have hit upon the patient’s underlying issues. I wonder if I might make a personal appointment with you to discuss my own…needs. That is, if you have any openings."

"Oh, I could certainly make myself open for you. I’m sure I could fit you in." Tara looked equal parts innocent country girl and colossal slut.

Oh my God, she’s a total closet vixen. Out lesbian, closet tart. The thought was a wonderful one. She grinned and moved into Tara’s arms.

"So here we are, all freshly showered, or at least showered within the last three hours, and at least moderately fed, and—oh my gosh—all alone in your room that you share with absolutely no one whatsoever. Whatever shall we do?" Was that even remotely sexy, or funny? Is it a bad idea to try both of those at once, like swing dancing to a Gregorian chant?

But Tara was looking at her with a crooked, widening grin, and her eyes were darkening slightly. "Are you trying to seduce me, Ms. Rosenberg?"

"Oh God, yes. Is it working? ’cuz I know I’m about as subtle as Tom Green’s humor but the fact is, I really, really wanna make love with you very soon; in fact, now-ish works really well for me, so howzabout it—do I fall into the ‘At Least Moderately Compelling’ category of seductiveness?"

Tara brushed her fingers over Willow’s lips. "Close these for right now," she murmured gently. Then she draped a soft kiss on each of Willow’s eyelids. "And close these for right now, too."

Willow held herself as quietly as she could, willing herself not to talk or to peek at Tara for reassurance. She felt Tara’s lips, soft and full, upon her cheek and then just at the edge of her ear. "I love you, Willow. You can seduce me by walking into a room. Just…just try to turn down the volume on some of those channels in your mind, and listen to what your heart and your senses tell you." With that, Tara guided Willow’s index and middle fingers to the pulse point in the hollow of her throat.

"Do you feel that? Do you feel how my heart beats for you?" Willow swallowed and nodded once.

After a moment, Tara slid Willow’s palm just inside the now-unbuttoned top of her shirt and over her heart. "And that? Do you feel my heart under your hand? So strong, for you?" Again, Willow only nodded.

Tara guided her hand under her bra, so that Willow’s fingers grazed over her nipple—swollen, and hard. "Do you feel that, Willow? The minute we walked in the door, I felt my breasts start to ache for your fingers, and your mouth. Feel it, Baby. Feel how full I am for you." Her voice was growing thicker. Willow was unable to stop—or maybe she didn’t really want to stop—the half-moan that slipped out of her. Still unseeing, and now silent once more, she stroked Tara’s breast and rolled her nipple gently between her thumb and forefinger, now deeply attuned to Tara’s breathing—its shallowness, and the catch when Willow cupped her breast fully in her hand and squeezed with greater urgency. Willow heard another sound, too, though she wasn’t sure what created it. It was a slight rustling, and she could feel Tara’s weight shifting slightly.

And then Tara had taken her other hand, and was easing it slowly but insistently inside of her pants and under the hem of her panties. Willow swallowed hard, and felt the dampness of Tara’s soft curls. Tara’s hand glided to her wrist, and she gave a final guiding push, and Willow’s fingers had slid into Tara’s wetness. At this, she didn’t even attempt to stop herself from groaning. She opened her eyes to find Tara looking at her, heavy-lidded, with unabashed need.

"Yes, Love," Tara whispered softly, hands sliding to Willow’s shoulders as she rocked herself into Willow’s hand. "Yes, I find you just about more seductive than I can even describe."

Willow could keep silent no longer. "Oh god, Tara. I just get so crazy-hot thinking about you; I have for months now. And now I know how you feel, and taste…" With that, she stroked two fingers over Tara’s clit, and felt her lover buckle against her. "Now that I know it, I feel like it’s all I want to do. I know I shouldn’t just be thinking of myself right now but I can’t help it. I—I feel angry at the idea of anything taking our attention off of each other."

Tara’s eyes were the dark cobalt she’d seen last night. "And you think I don’t? Right now I don’t care that we’re on a Hellmouth and I don’t care about the forces of evil and I don’t want to think about any battles to save the world. You’re my world, and right now fighting evil feels like something I do to spend time with you." With a reluctant half-gasp, she edged Willow’s hand away from her and began to back over to the bed. Willow paused only long enough to slide her fingers into her mouth and taste Tara’s incredible sweet wetness, and then she was following Tara, who had sat down on the bed and pulled off her boots and socks. Willow balanced awkwardly on first one leg and then the other, pulling off her own tennis shoes. She stood before Tara, feeling an almost painful mixture of desire and hesitation. She wanted this, so much; but now, in the daylight, looking into Tara’s eyes, she felt the old fear of making a mistake, of being inept or inadequate or just wrong, somehow.

Suddenly she felt Tara’s hands on her belly, slowly edging lower to where Willow knew her jeans were soaked with her wetness. Her thumbs rubbed gently over the fabric and pushed into Willow’s folds. Tara looked up at her, running her tongue slowly over her lips.

"Take it, Willow; take what’s yours. I’m giving it to you." Her voice choked slightly, and then she said simply, "Take me."

The permission given was taken, urgently. Willow pulled Tara to her feet and slid her fingers into the soft golden hair that she loved so much; without preamble or subtlety she brought Tara’s mouth to her own and kissed her so fiercely that her lips ached. She plunged her tongue across Tara’s soft lips and stroked into her hungrily. She felt almost dizzy with want, and all of the voices in her head had quieted, and distilled into a single insistent thread that existed only to have Tara, right now.

She wanted to be gentle. No, actually she didn’t. She felt like she should be gentle, and slow. Wasn’t that the right way to make love? And she did love Tara; she wanted to be the perfect lover for her. So why did everything in her right now want to abandon gentleness, abandon slowness and just devour her lover?

But then Tara’s hands had edged under her shirt and Willow suddenly felt her nails dragging down her back. Tara’s mouth slid down to her throat and her teeth closed over her neck with surprising force, just for a moment. And then Tara echoed, close to her ear, "I’m giving it to you."

Her breath shallow and ragged, Willow pulled Tara back to her lips and then her fingers were tugging at the opening at the top of Tara’s shirt. Almost unable to believe her own actions, she gave into the temptation of her own impatience and yanked Tara’s shirt open. She heard buttons pop and roll to the floor. She had never felt such an ache, such a desire to take and ravish and just have.

Any doubts she may have had about Tara’s response to her actions were drowned by the groan that came from her as Willow simply shoved her bra up for the moment and began to squeeze her breasts. She pressed them together, stroking her thumbs over the taut nipples. Finally, she reached behind Tara and worked to unsnap the bra, even as her mouth descended on Tara’s breasts and she sucked one swollen nipple into her mouth.

"Hurry, Willow. God, please don’t make me wait long." With that, Willow dropped to her knees and began to yank Tara’s pants down to her ankles, where Tara shook them away from her. Before she had even stood fully, Willow had tugged her own shirt over her head, and then slid her bra over her arms. Finally, she shucked her pants down and stepped out of them. She pushed Tara back down onto the bed, kneeling over her a second later.

"Roll over," she whispered insistently. "I want to kiss your back."

Tara obliged, repeating thickly, "Please don’t make me wait." Once Tara was stretched out on her stomach, Willow lowered herself against her back, feeling her breasts push and flatten into the surprising muscularity. Tara groaned; Willow bit her lip with the exquisite sharpness of the sensations. She kissed Tara’s neck fiercely and then began to lick across the expanse of her back. She could feel her own wetness slipping out of her as she rubbed herself slowly over Tara’s ass. She found herself thinking dimly that she could probably come just from this.

And then an image came into her mind; and she knew only that she wanted to experience it. Dragging herself away from Tara’s back, she leaned back on her knees, one leg on either side of Tara’s left one. Tara looked back at her questioningly. For a response, Willow reached down and slid her hands under Tara, low on her belly. She tugged insistently, urging Tara onto her hands and knees.

"Goddess, Tara, you’re so beautiful." It was all she could say before edging forward and sliding her fingers into Tara’s wetness. Tara gave a small cry and rocked forward slightly; and then she pushed back against Willow’s hand, as two fingers found her opening and thrust into her. Willow slid her other hand along Tara’s back and then down and over her full breast, swaying heavily.

Willow edged forward once more until her own wetness was painfully close to Tara’s hip. She removed her hand from Tara’s breast just long enough to part her lips and press herself against Tara’s flesh; and then she was squeezing and cupping Tara’s full breast again. And still Tara rocked back against her, letting Willow fill her as much as she could.

Oh God, it’s so good. She’s so open, and so wet. It’s so easy to slide in and out of her. I need this; ah, sweet goddess… She watched, vision blurred with the heat of her aching, as Tara’s back rippled and arched under her. She swallowed heavily as she watched Tara’s ass pushing back against her hand; she saw her own fingers disappear into Tara’s clenched opening. After a moment, she brought her other hand away from Tara’s nipple and down her belly and still lower; and then she was massaging Tara’s swollen clit with hungry, insistent fingers while the fingers of her other hand continued to plunge into Tara. At this, Tara dropped her head to the pillow and whimpered; but then she had arched her back again, tossing her head from side to side.

"Willow…Oh goddess, yes; it’s…" Willow could see Tara biting her lip as she struggled to find the words. "Having you in me; filling me…" Willow could feel sweat forming on her forehead, trickling its way down over her eye brows and into her eyes. She shook her head, wanting to see every stroke of her hand, every twisting of Tara’s body. Her own clit was sliding easily, wetly over the soft swell of Tara’s hip. Every time she pumped into Tara, she felt the stroking of her clit. Every time Tara pushed back against her, she felt it. She was having difficult focusing entirely on Tara’s pleasure, because she could feel her own climax building.

Suddenly Tara’s movements slowed; Willow wondered briefly if Tara needed a different kind of touch. But then she heard Tara whisper hoarsely, "Don’t stop; oh…It’s—Oh, it’s building; I’m so close." With the stilling of Tara’s movements, Willow’s own clit was barely stroked, but it helped her concentrate more fully on thrusting into Tara as deeply and fully as possible; it helped her focus on the slippery stroking of Tara’s clit. Tara rocked back and forth, so quiet that Willow could barely hear her labored breathing. And then she pumped herself onto Willow’s hand more forcefully, more quickly, and as she did so Willow felt her own clit surge. She knew Tara was coming; even after one night she was learning to recognize the signs and she saw them: saw the tightening of Tara’s body, the hitched breathing; the barely audible moans—and then she felt Tara come, a long shudder ripping through her body as she clenched around Willow’s hand, coming around her fingers with heated spasms. And with that shuddering, Willow’s own clit throbbed, and she ached to touch herself. As Tara’s body slowly stilled, she whispered, "Pull out of me, Baby. And Willow—do it; I can feel how wet you are."

"Are you sure?"

"Willow, I want to grind into you. I want to feel you come against me." Groaning, Willow slid her fingers out of Tara’s tight, wet opening and away from her clit. She used the fingers of one hand to spread herself open and then braced herself against Tara’s back as she quickly stroked her clit, pumping her hips urgently against Tara’s ass. Looking down, she saw Tara’s breasts swaying beneath her as she rotated her hips back against Willow’s own wetness. It was happening; so fast, but so good…

"Tara; Baby I’m coming. I can’t stop. I’m gonna come…"

"Yes, Willow. Let me feel it. Let me feel you come." With the words, Willow’s back arched forward and her clit surged once more, throbbing with the force of her climax. Wetness poured from her; trickled down Tara’s leg; and still she ground herself against the smooth flesh.

Finally, she felt the last shimmering of her orgasm flicker. She leaned forward and planted a soft kiss against Tara’s back, and then edged around and stretched out on the bed, pulling Tara down to her.

They kissed in deep, lazy strokes and nips, nuzzling each other’s lips and smiling against one another. Willow battled a sense of embarrassment at her own lewdness; she was confident that she hadn’t done anything Tara didn’t want, but she had quite honestly never expected to do something like rip someone’s shirt off, popping the buttons in the process.

"Hey…You, love o’ my life," Tara nudged her playfully. "Are you OK?"

"Oh, much-ly OK. I would take gold at the OK Olympics. I am to OK as Jerry Falwell is to closet-case." She paused, fighting an urge to bury her face against Tara’s soft neck. "It’s just…well, I was so…so forceful. And I was kinda surprised at just how forceful I was."

"And how much you enjoyed it?" Tara eyed her with a teasing glint.

"Well, yeah, to be honest. Tara, I ripped your shirt off. I mean, hello—what kind of lesbian does that?"

Tara propped herself up on one arm. "Willow, did I give any indication that I was feeling anything but quite pleased with what you were doing?"

Willow dipped her head slightly. "Well, no…"

"Are you saying that you’d try to rip my clothes off even if I didn’t want you to?"

Willow looked up in shock. "God, no, Tara! I could never enjoy something you didn’t want!" She was completely horrified at the thought.

"And I know that. Willow, this afternoon, for whatever reason, I wanted to give myself to you; I wanted you to be—to use your word—forceful. The next time we make love, I’ll probably be in a completely different kind of mood; you too. And we’ll let each other know what we need, and we’ll make love in that particular key." She punctuated her calm words with a slow, gentle kiss.

Finally, Willow pulled back slightly and looked at her with what she knew had to be the expression of an Utterly Smitten Woman. "How did you get so wise, Baby?" She knew Tara had only had one previous sexual experience before; it sounded as it if had been comparable to her own satisfaction level with Oz.

"Heck if I know," Tara mused, looking at her with a half-smile. "I mean, here I am—a shy girl who stutters and hides behind her hair when she meets new people. And yet, barely five minutes ago I was saying things like, ‘Let me feel it; let me feel you come.’" Her face flushed quickly, but she continued. "And I wouldn’t take it back for all the world. It’s exciting to be sexual with you, Willow. I’m tired of being so scared of my own feelings; I’m tired of walking around on eggshells. I mean, I-I’m not going to get all self-confident and poised after reading a couple of pamphlets or anything, but what we have…It’s a great start."

Willow looked at her. Yes, it is I—presiding Elder of The House of Smitten. Aloud, she only said, "Think you’ll get tired of hearing me say I love you?"

To which Tara, emerging slowly but resolutely into the world of cheekiness, said, "Think you’ll get tired of my tongue in your mouth?"

Which told Willow that the answer to her question was a resounding no.

Several hours later, they dragged themselves out of bed and back into the showers.

"I bet we have ‘Eau de Hot Sex’ all over us," Willow had said as she climbed under the pelting spray. She tried not to think of what would happen if she ran into Oz again smelling as she did. Lifting her fingers to her lips before grabbing the bar of soap, she inhaled Tara’s scent. If they could bottle this, it would put every coke dealer in the world out of business. Tara was all over her, and it was incredible.

"You want to write an ode to hot sex?" Tara asked, letting the warm water pound softly over her.

"Oh, the hot sex was incredible," Willow agreed, rinsing the shampoo out of her hair. Looking over, she watched the water trickle between Tara’s breasts and over her belly, disappearing into the thick tangle of her hair. Tara caught her look, and began slowly rubbing the bar of soap over her breasts. After a moment, she circled the bar lower, down over the curve of her stomach until she slowly parted her own lips and eased her fingers into her folds.

Willow was on the verge of doing something considered extremely inappropriate in decent society when she heard the bathroom door swing open. Two disembodied voices were laughing and speaking in low voices. Looking back at Tara, Willow mouthed, "This isn’t over yet."

"I should certainly hope not," Tara murmured with a smile.

They checked any of the spots Willow could imagine Oz going. At first, she hadn’t wanted Tara to come with her; not to protect Oz, but to protect Tara. She could see the hurt in the blue eyes, however; even after she explained, Tara was reluctant to part.

"Willow, if we’re together, then we’re together. I don’t mean joined at the hip, although come to think of it, that’s pretty hot at times." A quick and very naughty look stole over her face. "I just don’t think it’s a good idea for you to be out looking around on your own, and if I really am your partner, I want to be the one with you."

Willow sighed, and relented. "I get it. I mean, I certainly don’t want you running around solo right now, especially with Oz being…however he is."

The point had proven moot, however: Oz wasn’t at Devon’s; he wasn’t at the Bronze; he wasn’t with any of the other Dingoes. After checking everyplace Willow could think of, the two of them called Giles, who told them that no one else had seen him, either.

"The others are coming back here at eight o’clock," he informed them. "More, I suspect, to finish my scones than to hatch a bold new plan."

"Well, we’ll head over, too. And on the way, we’ll hatch a bold new plan to have you make more scones, OK?"

"Yes, Willow. It is my heart's fondest hope that my contribution to the epic battle against the forces of darkness be my moist, flaky pastries."

"Well, that and your stirring loins. Or did you mean to say ‘sterling’? Do you think you have sterling loins?"

"Yes, well, I’ll be ringing off now so as to have both hands free with which to plunge sharp objects into my ear-drums such that I will never hear another word that any of you speak ever again."

Promptly at 8:00, Willow and Tara knocked on the ornate wooden door to Giles’ home.

"Ooh, jam tarts," Willow exclaimed excitedly, catching the wonderful scent that permeated the small dwelling.

"Evil never rests; why should Betty Crocker?" he remarked dryly, giving Tara an affectionate smile as she moved hesitantly into the living room.

The others arrived almost immediately afterward, though, as Giles had said, no one actually had any new information.

"Maybe he’s left town again," Xander suggested, looking at Willow. "I mean, I know you two need to talk, but maybe he just couldn’t do it."

Willow tried to sort out her feelings about that particular prospect. On the one hand, she felt like she needed to talk to Oz; there had been no closure the first time he left, and there would certainly be none this time if he had indeed left the fair environs of Sunnydale. On the other hand, she couldn’t deny that a part of her just wanted it to be over; didn’t want to have the agonizing talk that she knew lay ahead of her and Oz. She felt guilty about this, but it was true: she wanted to enjoy her relationship with Tara; she wanted to spend her time learning more about Tara’s body and the incredible hidden rooms in her mind. She wanted to go to movies and talk about books and learn more magic together and wasn’t it about time for her to be kissing Tara again, anyway? It had been at least half an hour…

"Well, that would be good, right?" Anya was saying. "I mean, if he comes back around he’ll simply rip Tara’s throat out and eat her."

"Oh my God, Anya," Willow cried out. "Don’t even think about that, much less say it out loud!" She noticed that Tara was looking down at the floor. Was she afraid? Of course she was afraid—she should be afraid.

"I’m just saying that neither of you are on his good side right now, and his bad side has big sharp fangs, claws to rip your chest open, and a tendency to leave his victims eviscerated and partly eaten. Let’s face it," she continued, seemingly oblivious to the IMAX expressions of horror that surrounded her. "Willow cheated on a werewolf, and Tara cuckolded him. There’s no way that doesn’t lead to bad feelings."

"Willow, while I’m loathe to encourage Anya’s particular phrasing—indeed, I’m loathe to encourage her in any way—I must confess that she has a point. It would seem to be safer if Oz were in fact out of Sunnydale." Giles looked at her sympathetically.

"Maybe you’re right," Willow muttered.

As if reading her mind, Buffy commented softly, "I know it doesn’t help the resolution confusion, Will. But some of the alternatives…"

"I know. I mean, there’s a part of me that does want to talk to him; well, actually, there’s no part that wants to talk to him, because, hello, major guilt and angst and let’s face it, I’m very seldom naughty, and did I mention guilt? But I feel like I should talk to him, and apologize that he found out that way. And say goodbye," she added softly, almost as an afterthought.

Tara spoke up suddenly. "But does this conversation even m-matter?" She hurried on, as several faces turned her questioningly. "I mean, it’s important…It’s v-very important as far as feelings are concerned. It’s just that, well, what w-we want doesn’t make a difference. Oz is either s-still in town, or he’s not." She blushed and looked away.

Willow slid her hand under Tara’s and entwined their fingers together. She just has no idea how smart she is. She thinks she just said something stupid.

"You think you just said something stupid, don’t you?" Anya asked abruptly. Everyone looked at her in shock, which really, Willow thought, shouldn’t be happening after this many gargantuan social offenses on Anya’s part.

"What? It’s clear she’s embarrassed: she looks down, she stutters—"

"Anya, if you don’t shut up I’ll buy you a rabbit’s-fur coat for your birthday," Willow threatened.

Anya’s eyes widened in horror. "That’s just an awful thing to say! Especially when all I’m trying to say is that Tara really has no need to be embarrassed. She’s very smart, and not just about books and magic. You all just act as if it’s perfectly understandable that she hide herself away and it isn’t. She’s as smart as anyone here." As Xander looked at her with a dawning pride, she added, "She’s certainly far smarter than Xander." The look of pride hit sundown.

Tara looked up, as if unable to believe what she had heard. "Th-thank you," she said softly. And then, more forcefully, she added, "That was very nice of you."

"Oh, I’m never really nice," Anya replied matter-of-factly. "I’m just the voice of truth in a world of artifice and social convention."

Willow looked at her with something akin to affection. OK, it wasn’t closely akin; it was more like a second-cousin kind of akin, but it was easily the warmest she had ever felt toward the ex-demon.

"The awful thing, of course," Anya was saying, "is that Oz walked in on you right after you had become orgasm friends. I mean, he must have smelled your sexual arousal and just—"

"Uh, Ahn? I don’t know that this really helps the game plan and it certainly isn’t helping your relationship with Willow and Tara," Xander interjected.

"Relationship? Oh, a three-way. Yes, I know, Xander—you told me plenty of times this afternoon you’d love to watch me with them. The whole subject really did give you a zestiness that you haven’t shown for awhile," she said, nudging him playfully. She turned to Willow, who by now was thinking how nice it would be if she and Tara could find a nice little home in the country; perhaps a country like Denmark. These people would visit, but not too often.

Xander smiled weakly while Buffy, Riley, and Giles all sat by in a kind of weird fascination. "It’s like a train wreck," Buffy muttered. "I can’t look away."

"So, even though I like penises, I find you both reasonably attractive; Tara, I couldn’t help noticing that you have wonderful breasts. I know Xander can’t help noticing them. I would very much enjoy touching them."

"Giles, make them stop," Riley croaked desperately.

"I’m truly sorry," the transfixed librarian murmured, but I’m horrified beyond the capacity for rational discourse."

Finally Willow found her voice, and her gross motor control. "Not that this hasn’t been a wonderful conversation, wherein ‘wonderful’ is defined as ‘just about the most heinous, unnatural thing I’ve ever been cursed to bear witness to in my entire misbegotten life,’ but we really should be going." Standing, she glanced down at Tara, who would, she thought, probably never speak again.

"I’ve made people uncomfortable, haven’t I?" Anya seemed truly puzzled by this. "Well, I didn’t mean to. Tara, I think you’re very smart and I think you should talk up more. And the whole sex thing—I just mean that you should be extra careful because the animal in Oz is very much an animal: when he thinks that his territory is being encroached upon, he gets even more primitive, if that’s possible."

Tara looked up at Willow. "She’s right, sweetie." The incredible blue eyes were troubled, and Willow wanted to know all of the nuances of that distress. But for the time being, Willow sank back into the couch and helped herself to another jam tart.

Later that evening, as she, Tara, and Buffy walked back to their dorms, Willow felt a small shudder flick its way up her spine, and in its wake left the certainty that Oz hadn’t left town.

He’s still here. And he’s close.

And though she gripped Tara’s hand more tightly, and felt the reassuring squeeze of those strong fingers in return, she couldn't help glancing over her shoulder and wondering what it was that moved in the shadows.

To Be Continued

Post subject: OMG
PostPosted: Tue Nov 05, 2002 9:22 pm 
*GASP* WTF? Uhmmmmm....please update soon.

VmpIrslAr out.

"she's my everything."

Post subject: Re: OMG
PostPosted: Tue Nov 05, 2002 9:34 pm 
WOW! and :jaw and :thud and :drool and :clap -- more please?

Edited by: molsongrrrl  at: 11/5/02 7:38:59 pm

PostPosted: Tue Nov 05, 2002 9:48 pm 
You know, at the risk of sounding like an absolute praising fool, I just have to say that this story continues to astound me. Your characterizations are on spot. The Willow babble is truly Willow babble. I completely buy that Tara could be assertive in her private life. Anya is deliciously crass and inappropriate, Xander's a buffoon who wishes he was part Hugh Hefner and part Superman, and Giles is the dry witted, loving mentor. Absolutely perfect. I just feel as if I'm reading supplementary Season 4 material--a must read for any Willow/Tara fan. And the odd thing is, this deviates from canon, and yet it seems so real.

Another thing I think you do marvelously well are your love scenes. Now I call them love scenes because they're not solely about sex. With W/T it can't just be sex, but sometimes people have a hard time writing the emotion behind it. There's nothing wrong with smut, certainly, but smut is cheap if you don't feel the connection between the characters you're reading about. And here, you write these scenes with a maximum amount of hotness but a minimum amount of gratuity. Even the most forward and surprising passionate pleas and situations aren't crudely salacious. They're just part of their experience. I admire that. But probably what I love the most is the story itself. The ultimate struggle between a sense of duty and the ways of the heart. This story is about love in all forms--friends, old lovers, and new loves. The emotion is palpable even in the quietest moments. And you also do a masterful job at sustaining my attention--the "Oz is out there, who knows what he's up to" story is beyond intriguing. It's very suspenseful, and it's something you do very well.

Wow. I can't stop saying it. This is a wonderful fic. Truly wonderful.

--Sela

PostPosted: Tue Nov 05, 2002 10:05 pm 
Quote:
"Oh, I’m never really nice," Anya replied matter-of-factly. "I’m just the voice of truth in a world of artifice and social convention."

:laugh yep, that's our anya allrighty

wow, super-tall-grande-with-real-whipped-cream wow! and, might I add...wow! this story just keeps getting better and better. I won't repeat everything sela just said, but I'll second. every single moment you have given us of the characters we love has been achingly real. better, in fact, than ME could ever hope to show. I loved willow using SAT-speak to describe her emotional state...I am to OK as jerry fallwell is to closet-case(!) so good, so good. and you really laid it all out with "right now fighting evil feels like something I do just to spend time with you." nope, no smut here...I believe we are in deep love territory.

more soon!

--jenny

WILLOW: I believe these chicken feet are mine!

PostPosted: Wed Nov 06, 2002 2:51 am 
This was my thought progression during the first part of this update:

:) - :grin - :shock - :eek - :jaw - :thud

I went non verbal for like 10 minutes... That was HOT!

Awesome update!

Your Anya is probably the bluntest Anya I've ever come across! My God! Gotta say I loved the way she defended Tara. Very nice, considering the fact that she doesn't know her that well. The rest was just... I still shiver...

So Oz's still in town, huh? We'll just have to wait and see, I suppose!

Thanks for writing this story. I love it and I love the way you're writing it. And it's not just for the smut. I just really enjoy your style and characterisation.

"You are Willow Rosenberg, vixen-y lighter of the flame and keeper of my heart."

(Camp Flutie by Rane)

PostPosted: Wed Nov 06, 2002 3:36 am 
Totally amazing.

When I got to the part where Riley begged Giles to make them stop I was crying with laughter. This story is just SO good.

Thank You for writing it.

All of the parts thought to be necessary are included but not all of the parts are neccessarily necessary for concluding the erection of the furniture....Step 1 instructions on assembling a flat pack bookcase.

PostPosted: Wed Nov 06, 2002 4:27 am 
Was that even remotely sexy, or funny? Is it a bad idea to try both of those at once, like swing dancing to a Gregorian chant? That was totally brilliant, it shows Willow's manic sense of humour, but also the underlying insecurities she has. Plus, it made me giggle lots.

Lovely how Tara could tell that Willow was worried, and let her know, in such a wonderful way, that she had no cause to be.

"Oh, I’m never really nice," Anya replied matter-of-factly. "I’m just the voice of truth in a world of artifice and social convention." Anya is just priceless.

Thanks so much!

Adding up the total of a love that's true, multiply life by the power of two
Indigo Girls

Post subject: brilliant!
PostPosted: Wed Nov 06, 2002 5:02 am 
Mary,

Where the hell did you come from? You should be out there writing books so people can gladly exchange their money for your quality story telling.

But then, it's always a plus that you are writing here. :grin

I immensely relished your updates like a kid savoring her last piece of chocolate. Here are the parts I like to emphasize:

________

"holy phallocentrism, Cat Girl" :lol just found this line funny. So Willow. Good enough to be a sig.

Sometimes she had to remind herself that Tara didn’t consider herself to be socially adept—she was probably the most discerning yet charitable judge of character that Willow had ever met. I absolutely agree with this one. Tara is so much more of an adult than most of the Scooby gang. This is the reason why in Season Six Buffy and Dawn cannot help but seek her counsel or her presence even if she broke up with Willow.

Tara guided her hand under her bra, so that Willow’s fingers grazed over her nipple—swollen, and hard. "Do you feel that, Willow? The minute we walked in the door, I felt my breasts start to ache for your fingers, and your mouth. Feel it, Baby. Feel how full I am for you." And my vote for the hottest line ever told goes to this one. Keep writing these kinds of stuff and I may have to rethink my decision. ;)

Willow looked at her. Yes, it is I—presiding Elder of The House of Smitten. Aloud, she only said, "Think you’ll get tired of hearing me say I love you?"

To which Tara, emerging slowly but resolutely into the world of cheekiness, said, "Think you’ll get tired of my tongue in your mouth?"
:grin How the hell did you do this? Mixing sweet mush with memorable dialogue? Amazing. :clap

"Relationship? Oh, a three-way. Yes, I know, Xander—you told me plenty of times this afternoon you’d love to watch me with them. The whole subject really did give you a zestiness that you haven’t shown for awhile," she said, nudging him playfully. She turned to Willow, who by now was thinking how nice it would be if she and Tara could find a nice little home in the country; perhaps a country like Denmark. These people would visit, but not too often.

Xander smiled weakly while Buffy, Riley, and Giles all sat by in a kind of weird fascination. "It’s like a train wreck," Buffy muttered. "I can’t look away."

"So, even though I like penises, I find you both reasonably attractive; Tara, I couldn’t help noticing that you have wonderful breasts. I know Xander can’t help noticing them. I would very much enjoy touching them."

"Giles, make them stop," Riley croaked desperately.
:laugh ! The whole Scooby interaction was hilarious and very much in character. Anya being her usual droll blunt self, Xander the lil insecure boy who is trying to grow up (and fail time and again), quick-witted Buffy and Giles is the admonishing adult who knows how to throw a few sharply amusing lines every now and then.

And as to the whole tearing-the-blouse-love scene, all I can say is :thud

Much appreciation,

:sh Sleek

Post subject: Re: On Second Thought: Part 5
PostPosted: Wed Nov 06, 2002 5:29 am 
Wow this part has rendered me mostly speechless, that was quite :thud worthy! I thought it was breath-taking how Tara "proved" Willow was indeed a "seductress" (alleviating any fears) by guiding her to "feel" how she makes Tara's body react. And I think what sums up this moment/love scene is Tara saying, ("Willow for whatever reason, I wanted to give myself to you; I wanted you to be-to use your word-forceful. The next time we make love, I'll probably be in a completely different kind of mood; you too. And we'll let each other know what we need; and we'll make love in that particular key."). With this in mind, their love is what "fuels" their passion/fire, but no matter how they choose to express their feelings, it's always about the depth of love they hold for each other. Really I love how palpable you make their feelings to me, I truly can feel their connection, the deep trust they hold for each other, and how simply W&T "complete each other".

I must say your characterization of Anya is spot on, she may be blunt, but she speaks the truth. Really you capture the gang's interaction perfectly, just :lol .

As for Willow's ominous "It's not over" (ie Willow feeling Oz/knowing he is close by), I am on "pins and needles" waiting to see what happens once W&T come into direct contact with Oz again. There may be angst to come, but together they will have the strength to face whatever may come their way. Can't wait for the next part!

Edited by: VampNo12  at: 11/6/02 3:36:51 am

Post subject: Re: brilliant!
PostPosted: Wed Nov 06, 2002 6:03 am 
Absolutely stunning!!! :thud :thud :thud

The love scene was soooo hot, sweet and romantic at the same time...you have a very big talent to use the perfectly right words at the right time...now i'm going to have some certain images all day long... :thud

Anya was funny as hell. :laugh I really liked what she said to Tara. She was direct as always, but she just said the best to her. Gotta love her for that.

Great update!! :clap

snuggle79 :wave

"I got so lost"

"I found you, i will always find you"

Post subject: Re: On Second Thought
PostPosted: Wed Nov 06, 2002 7:07 am 
Fans oneself....Oh WOW, that was just about my favourite chapter I've read in all the fics. It had just about everything, I sat truly mesmerised. It was hot, touching (lots of touching..) and extremely funny. Your characterisations are spot on and your writing just allows us to experience it so well. I for one am so grateful you're using your obvious talent to write about our girls.

One of these days I'm gonna get sooo busted for reading these at work, I'm so much more attentive to my screen than any other part of the working day!!

cheered up a very dreary day here in England.

thanks, sonya

p.s. snuggle79 I just love your avitar, beautiful.

PostPosted: Wed Nov 06, 2002 10:26 am 
The only word that comes to my mind is WOW!!!!

:jaw :thud

PostPosted: Wed Nov 06, 2002 11:31 am 
Great, believable blend of sensuality and humor. I especially liked this:

Quote:
She turned to Willow, who by now was thinking how nice it would be if she and Tara could find a nice little home in the country; perhaps a country like Denmark.

Cracked me up. And the group's early acknowledgment of Tara as a member of the Scoobies is heart-warming.

Wow, that was so close to being empowering. --"Same Time, Same Place"

PostPosted: Wed Nov 06, 2002 11:42 am 
OMG -- okay, that love scene was absolutely electrifying. For every action, there was an emotion ... absolutely breathtaking.

And Anya -- I have to admit, she's one of my favorites -- is right on the money with characterization. Her dialogue fits her prefectly, and I can almost hear her saying the words you have so geniusly placed in her mouth.

As for what Anya said about Tara? No one can say Anya doesn't know about being human ... she's got Tara pegged, along with society on the whole. Just because she's diet tact (tact-free, that is), doesn't mean she doesn't get it.

As usual, a great update, finely tuned and masterfully crafted.

JD

"Was there a voice unkind in the back of your mind saying, "maybe..." (Jeff Buckley - The Last Goodbye)

PostPosted: Wed Nov 06, 2002 12:18 pm 
WOW :thud :thud I....er...ah.....

OK, better now. Your love scenes are some of the most beautiful (and Erotic) I have read. The best part-well almost the best ;) is the way it comes across as sensual lovemaking as opposed to just sex.

Your entire interaction with the scoobies and Riley was outrageous. Thanks again for this wonderful story!

BV

"In front of total strangers won't you kiss me, Flowers for no reason but you miss me - OOH, I wanna be in love"

Melissa Etheridge-Skin

PostPosted: Wed Nov 06, 2002 12:30 pm 
:thud :thud :thud :thud

What else could I say? :hmm

Update please?

*lil´c*

Unter den Blinden ist der Einäugige König.[

PostPosted: Wed Nov 06, 2002 3:53 pm 
great update :grin

the first part was really good :drool

Anya being supportive in her own way was too funny :lol

Dude, we're surrounded by perverts!
No! Well, okay. No. Pez!

PostPosted: Wed Nov 06, 2002 4:12 pm 
Absolutely amazing. The entire chapter was mesmerizing...and towards the end? My girlfriend was ignoring me, refraining from castign funny looks my way, reading her latest issure of rolling stones as i cracked up at her computer. Shes promised to begin reading this fic ASAP. Keep up the great work! :D

*giddily skips away*

Sara

PostPosted: Wed Nov 06, 2002 6:08 pm 
Mary, Your update has rendered me speechless and that doesn't happen very often. All I can say is that your writing just gets better and better, which having read the first part of your fic, I didn't think was possible.:)

Your dialogue is superb and again your characterization of all the Scoobies is first rate. I LOL throughout reading this update, especially whilst reading Anya's dialogue.

The W/T love scenes were beautifully written and incredibly sexy and the emotional connection between them was very apparent throughout.

Already looking forward to your next update.

ThanK You.

Ann-Marie

Post subject: great update
PostPosted: Wed Nov 06, 2002 7:37 pm 
Can't wait for more!! Love the steamy love scenes!!

~NICKOLE~

Post subject: Re: great update
PostPosted: Wed Nov 06, 2002 8:03 pm 
*Whew* *Wipes sweat from forehead* :blush

Ummm....that lovin' scene was HOT! *Looks around for GF* :grin

Quote:
"Well, yeah, to be honest. Tara, I ripped your shirt off. I mean, hello—what kind of lesbian does that?"

:laugh Hmmm.....*Sees GF has left the room* What kind of lesbian does do that? Antigone are you speaking from experience? I might be able to relate. :rollin

Anyhoo...Wonderful update....awesome writing....always leaves me wanting more. So, it must be good!

Michelle Branch: "And when I catch my breath, it's you I breathe." ---Everywhere.

Makes me think of Willow and Tara

Post subject: Re: On Second Thought Part 5
PostPosted: Wed Nov 06, 2002 9:38 pm 
You’re welcome by the way.

Thanksgiving this year is going to be so much fun. I can’t wait till’ its my turn to say what I’M thankful for. (WHAT! I have to amuse myself somehow.) Good thing it was laundry day today anyways, cause, DAMN, no more printing out updates and reading them in bed first thing in the morning.

The more I read this story, the more it starts to resemble a piece of art. Utterly breathtaking, beautiful beyond words, so amazing in every sense, that I still can only read it in sections. It’s so intense, so real and WOW. There are no words in the English or Spanish language (Sorry, I’m only Bilingual) for me to be able to tell you just what an amazing writer you are. (Repetitive Much) I am grateful beyond words that you decided to write a story of Willow and Tara such as this, here at the kitten board. You’ve been able to put a voice to a lot of things I at one point or another was thinking, feeling or wanted to say. This for instance:

“I know I shouldn’t just be thinking of myself right now but I can’t help it. I—I feel angry at the idea of anything taking our attention off of each other."

&

“She stood before Tara, feeling an almost painful mixture of desire and hesitation. She wanted this, so much; but now, in the daylight, looking into Tara’s eyes, she felt the old fear of making a mistake, of being inept or inadequate or just wrong, somehow.”

My voice has a tendency to betray me when I need it the most. Music and now stories such as these have in some way helped to put words to some of those things I haven’t been able to express before. I’m incredibly thankful for people like yourself and so many other writers here at the Pens for being kind enough to share your talent for the written word.

"It’s like a train wreck," Buffy muttered. "I can’t look away."

&

"Giles, make them stop," Riley croaked desperately. "I’m truly sorry," the transfixed librarian murmured, but I’m horrified beyond the capacity for rational discourse."

(Too Damn Funny) Hey umm… nobody has ever died from laughing too much right?…Right? Cause it still hurts. ;)D

I have taken enough of your time as it is, so I must run along now. (Scampers away quickly but happily)

*OMIGAWD did I just start skipping. Looks around hoping nobody noticed*

Patty

Post subject: Re: On Second Thought Part 5
PostPosted: Wed Nov 06, 2002 11:50 pm 
Kittens…Just when I think you can’t get any more wondrously wonderful, you do something else and it just (to quote Willow) resets the whole scale! Thank you so very much for your kind words. I want to respond to the feedback; forgive the bump that this may represent. I just didn’t want to do it all at once before the next posting.

A general note: Lots of people have commented on how vixenish and bold Tara is in this story. I confess, I’ve struggled with that. I want her to be real, and not an artificially self-confident and assertive woman. I sort of see her as having battled so many insecurities while remaining so confident of her own feelings toward other people. She knows beyond scrutiny that she loves Willow: completely, vulnerably, and sexually. Seeing Willow’s own doubts helps shore her up, I think—give her the confidence to say those things she’s been thinking for a long, long time. I also think that her verbal daring is enjoyable to her b/c it serves to temporarily stun Willow into silence, and let’s face it—how often does that happen? So that’s my thinking, but I would very much want to hear if she felt contrived or too bold to be realistic. Thanks!

And now, a few words to our sponsors…

>>vamplrslar: I’m workin’ on that update! Thanks for writing.

>>Molsongrrl: Oh, I want more Willow and Tara, too…I’ll try to keep the fixes coming.

>>Sela: Your feedback is so consistently thoughtful and specific and insightful. It’s no stretch to say that I’m honored you take the time to write what you do. I’m glad the characterizations are on-target for you. I think that w/o them, any action—no matter how inventive or thrilling—falls flat. I especially appreciate your feedback on the love scenes, because I want so much to write moments that are erotic in all different kinds of ways but also believable b/w our girls. So long as their love is palpable in those scenes, I feel solid about the various actions they undertake. And the story…You really capture its essence well: the struggle b/w sense of duty and the ways of the heart. I sort of picture Willow as having spent most of her life feeling that she could only have connections w/ others through her dutifulness. As she slowly gains a sense of her attractiveness (in all senses of that word), she becomes aware of having the chance to have her heart’s desire. And all of that, I think, is complicated b/c these people have had such vast evidence of how much is riding on how well they fulfill their various duties. Personal pleasures have had to be largely confined, it seems, to getting a mocha when they want one. I’m glad you like the story and its implications so much. Thank you, again, for your kind and thoughtful (in both senses of that word) feedback.

>>JewWitch18: Wow—if you knew what a caffeine addict I am, you would know that your words truly bring me joy! Thanks!

>>Saule77: So you went non-verbal…glad to be of help! I think Anya’s bluntness helps clarify and illuminate a lot of the other characters’ own nuances and glitches. Thanks for your response.

>>EffieBlue: I’m so glad you liked the Scooby exchange; I gotta say, I had a lot of fun writing that. Thanks!

>>Mollyig: Well, color me mortified…How many times have you been kind enough to respond to this fic, and how many times have I written back, only to misspell your name! Sorry about the extra "g"! You make a great point about Willow’s sense of humor in intimate/vulnerable moments reflecting her underlying insecurity. She really DOES wonder if she’s being a total geek by saying what she does. And I’m glad you like Anya—I really enjoy writing her, b/c she gives such form and substance to the other characters by virtue of her unwavering commitment to bluntness. Sometimes I wish I had friends like her; other times, I think she’d probably mortify me into a catatonic stupor. Thanks again for writing.

>>Sleek: Well, that just goes down as the bestest feedback ever! Wow…I read it twice just to get that little glow in my tummy…Having said that, of course, I definitely always welcome any of your thoughts about things that don’t work; I don’t want to give the impression that if you see any glitches (b/c let’s face it—you’re an excellent writer, too!) I wouldn’t want to hear about them. But, gosh…(She reddens, scuffing her shoe against the floor.) You make an excellent point about Tara’s maturity relative to the rest of the Scoobies. I don’t know whether that’s b/c she had to grow up (emotionally, in particular) faster than any of them; or if there’s something almost other-worldly about her that helps her see what others don’t. Whatever its source, that aspect of her clearly touches a lot of us, b/c it’s a theme that pops up a lot in these works, I’ve noticed. And the award for the hottest line ever written…? Thank you; thank you…It was an honor just to be nominated. But there’s another part of me that picks up on the second part of that response and feels the wonderful urge to see if I can break my own personal best (movie reference most definitely intended). I’m glad you liked the Scooby gang interaction; it was incredibly fun to write. Thanks so much, good soul, for your incredible feedback and the time you take to give it. And bring on that "Finding You," ’cuz I’m all over that that white on rice!

>>VampNo12: You make a great point: no matter HOW our girls show their passion, it’s always a reflection of the love they feel. I’m glad that’s coming out (as it were) in the love scenes. The characterization part feels absolutely imperative to me (as opposed to "sort of imperative"? hmm…) in order for anyone to give a damn about the plot. I’m so glad you can feel them; I’m so glad you take the time to let me KNOW you can feel them. Thank you!

>>Snuggle79: I gotta admit, writing the love scene was very…engaging for me. I’m glad it was good for you, too. And let me join samiamiguess in her appraisal: I love your avatar/picture! Oh, Amber…

>>Sonya: Oh wow…How would you possibly explain getting canned for reading fic at work? I hope your slinking and furtiveness skills are well honed! I’m glad the love scene felt both hot and emotionally on-target to you. I’m really honored at your feedback—words like yours are such an incredible motivator! Thank you for writing.

>>Deix: Glad you liked! Thanks for the kind words.

>>Ruby: I had fun w/ the "country like Denmark" thought, too. Thanks for your encouragement.

>>jd: You know, you always write incredibly kind and supportive things; I was especially gladdened, though, by your observation that "for every action, there was an emotion." That feels like one of the best confirmations yet that the characters feel real. Thanks so much for keeping up w/ this and letting me know you like it!

>>Barnabasvamp: I’m relieved that the love scenes don’t come across as basic smut; like most folks, I like smut just fine, but in this fic I want the eroticism to have emotional context. Thanks for the feedback.

>>Littlecrazy80: I’m glad you’re enjoying this—I’ll try to keep making it worth your while!

>>Grimaldi: Yeah, that Anya just about writes herself, but she’s so fun to write that I’m glad I get to (if that makes any sense). Thanks for the response.

>>Sara: I hope your girlfriend has pulled herself away from the new Rolling Stones magazine…not to read this fic, but to focus her attention on her girlfriend! I’m glad you’re enjoying this; thanks so much for letting me know!

>>Ann-Marie: You know, dialogue can feel so tricky a lot of the times. I think it’s easier to write these characters’ exchanges b/c they’re already such unique, well-defined people. Anya’s dialogue is expecially enjoyable to write: I just imagine the truth, stripped of social niceties like tact and subtlety, and liberally sprinkled with general sluttiness. She’s so fun! Thanks a lot for keeping up with the story and taking the time to let me know how you like it.

>>Nickole: Glad the steamy scenes feel steamy to you—wouldn’t feel very effective if people read them and felt nothing but mild interest. Thanks!

>>SlayerSydney: Hope you found your GF soon…Maybe she was hanging out with Sara’s babe, reading the new Rolling Stones! Thanks for the encouragement!

>>Patty: Once again, your feedback is just incredible encouragement. I feel really lucky to have a resource like Pens, where like-minded and extremely superlative people like yourself congregate to share stories and worship at Willow and Tara’s throne. You know, I’m actually far more comfortable expressing emotional things in writing than speaking, so I understand your point about the gift of things like music and fiction to help find your words. I think it’s such a powerful journey, the one we make to find our own voices, with full access both to our feelings and our own best way to express them. And hey—bi-lingual ain’t nothing to sneeze at! It really does mean a great deal that you take the time to read this fic and let me know what you think about it. Thanks so much for doing so!

OK, all: I anticipate posting Part 6 tomorrow night (Thursday, 11/7). Thanks again for your support.

Mary

Post subject: On Second Part-all parts
PostPosted: Thu Nov 07, 2002 12:46 am 
Antigone-

I just can't help but coming back to this fic and reading it over and over. It's that good. I do enjoy a good erotic story, but they're usually not my favorites, but this one is, definately.

The way you captured the 'Brave Little Toaster' Willow in parts one and two was perfect. And Tara, so sweet and strong, suffering in silence.

I look forward to seeing where you go with Oz as sort of a villian in this. Not that he's a bad guy, really, but love can make you crazy. I always thought he got off easy in New Moon Rising, with trying to kill Tara and all. Sure, he suffered while in the Inititive, but the gang seemed to forgive him really fast.

I especially enjoyed Xander's ego getting smashed. I so could totally see that happening. And way to go Giles!

I eagerly look foward to an update-

hermitstull

"...and if you've got no other choice, you know you can follow my voice, through the dark turns and noise of this wicked little town..."--Hedwig and the Angry Inch

"Stinky herbs are a go." Cordelia in Becoming pt. 2

PostPosted: Thu Nov 07, 2002 6:28 am 
Mary,

Regarding your take on 'vixeny' or 'bold' Tara, personally I completely believe how you've written her as you fully explain the emotions that go on between them.

I see Tara as someone who, yes is unsure of herself in a group situation, but who allows herself to completely trust her heart, and in this she is way ahead of Willow. So when it comes to expressing their love (which you do so well!) I completely see how Tara may be the bold one with Willow initially the more unsure of how she should act. (of course that is until she relaxes, then its all fireworks....)

so that's my two-penneth worth. looking forward to the next installment. tonight you say? suits me just fine...

thanks

sonya

Edited by: samiamiguess at: 11/7/02 4:29:02 am

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 359 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8 ... 12  Next