The Kitten, the Witches and the Bad Wardrobe - Willow & Tara Forever

General Chat  || Kitten  || WaV  || Pens  || Mi2  || GMP  || TiE  || FAQ  || Feed - The Kitten, the Witches and the Bad Wardrobe

All times are UTC - 8 hours [ DST ]

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 801 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 21, 22, 23, 24, 25, 26, 27  Next
 Post subject: Re: Terra Firma 18
PostPosted: Wed Sep 18, 2002 9:15 pm 
Ashley, thank you so much for reading. I appreciate your comments muchly!

Ruth, you’re all talk.

Darkmagicwillow, see, it wouldn’t be Riley-centered story, just a Riley-appreciative story. Huge difference. But I realize I am in a stubborn minority here. :)

TromDeGrey, thank YOU. You helped so much, and I have appreciated your responses hugely! You’ll never know. :)

Tk, oh thank you. I suppose it’s my anal-retentive personality that makes me want to tie all loose ends together as tightly as possible. Of course, my non-perfectionist personality makes sure that I forgot to pull a few of those threads tight enough, like, oh say, Doc. And Anya. Oh, well. But you’re so right. Tara is essential. And some trust among the friends is essential. Some love, damn it. That’s all we want, right? A little love? Thank you so, so much for reading this. I have always enjoyed seeing your responses (and hearing about your gf’s, too :) ).

Always E, thank you so much for your response. And thanks for pointing specifically to that line; I was worried that maybe it was one step too far, and then I thought, no, let Willow say it. You know, I only let them say “I love you” one time in the whole story. As for Riley, I’ve got to get over it. I know I do. Thanks so much for delurking for a little while; that always means a lot.

Thanks, Kittens!

On ME's treatment of Tara:
"She shared something very intimate with you. And you act like it's nothing more than a bag of some kind of snack food."
--Willow in "Beer Bad."

Post subject: Re: Terra Firma
PostPosted: Wed Sep 18, 2002 10:13 pm 
Quote:
Y'know, if I a) knew how to do them and b) could bear the sight of them, I'd post one of those horrendous green bouncing things.

Ruth, is this what you were after?

:bounce :bounce :bounce

Hee.

And you two and your Riley love. *shakes head* You're both just mad beagles, you know that right?

Juli, no, you've never mentioned the avatar before, but yes, it is Willow at her best. And I'm all about the flippy hair :)

Willow...It's Glenda in a bubble power, not Margaret Hamilton on a bicycle power

Edited by: BoredNow99 at: 9/19/02 2:17:02 pm

PostPosted: Wed Sep 18, 2002 11:34 pm 
Oh bloody hell! *cleans glasses vigorously*

----------
"Squish. Squish. Squish."

PostPosted: Thu Sep 19, 2002 12:11 am 
Oh, see, I get it! You're Giles, and you're cleaning your glasses because you don't like the green things!

I'm actually not pulling your chain. I worked on that as on a really simple math problem for a few minutes.

Emma, I've been called a lot of things in my life, most of them less...naughty....then I might have liked. But never, never, a mad beagle. I carry that, proudly, into my evening.

*comes back anxiously.* It's not a bad thing, right?

On ME's treatment of Tara:
"She shared something very intimate with you. And you act like it's nothing more than a bag of some kind of snack food."
--Willow in "Beer Bad."

PostPosted: Thu Sep 19, 2002 12:18 am 
At this point, I’ve run out of superlatives for this wonderful story. The ending was all I hoped it would be and more. It was full of imagery and poetry, and it left me with a very satisfied and contented feeling. If only I could say the same for the end of S6.

Thank you for giving us what we wanted and what we needed. It's been a privilege. :)

PostPosted: Thu Sep 19, 2002 12:34 am 
tulipp~

i can't say enough about your conclusion. it was absolutely beautiful. definitely the way season seven should go....even though it won't. i loved the use of the elements for all the girls--each one fit them so well. and you gave such a purpose to dawn, which was so great to read....she definitely grew up. buffy finally wants to live again, and willow and tara are in a good place. maybe not entirely perfect, but very good, which i suppose is the best one can hope for living on a hellmouth and all.

i've loved the way that you captured each character's personalities throughout the entire story--everyone had a focus and a purpose, none of which were cop outs.

xander's loaning tara money until she can get back on her feet was the sweetest thing....glad to see him being a real hero instead of :joss vision of what a hero should be. all of the characters in this fic were the heros/heroines of the story in their own right--ME writers should take lessons!!

and my favorite part of the last update.....

Quote:
They were both shrieking with laughter, their hands swinging, heads thrown back, faces lifted to the rain. Dawn couldn’t help smiling as she watched them run. She hoped they wouldn’t trip.

i'm very sad to see the end of this fic (i almost hoped you wouldn't update for a while just so it wouldn't end!!) but the conclusion was absolutely beautiful. the way things should have been. i hope you'll be writing more eventually....thank you :)

*please use both hands....*

PostPosted: Thu Sep 19, 2002 1:25 am 
Quote:
It's not a bad thing, right?

No, it's not a bad thing to be called a mad beagle. At least, I hope not, cos I get called it all the time at work by one of the photographers.

I choose to take it as a sign of affection, which was how it was conveyed to you and dear Ruth over there, doing her Giles impression. Hee. Gotta love the affect those green smileys have on her :)

Willow...It's Glenda in a bubble power, not Margaret Hamilton on a bicycle power

PostPosted: Thu Sep 19, 2002 1:46 am 
Scout, thank you. I'm the privileged one to have this great place to post this story. And I mean that; I'm not being coy, really. Thank you for reading and posting. The feedback has been a great part of this experience for me.

eccentrictulip, oh thank you. I was laughing when you said this:

Quote:
maybe not entirely perfect, but very good, which i suppose is the best one can hope for living on a hellmouth and all.

So true. Funny and sad and true.

I loved what you said about Xander, and you're so right. He should get to be a hero sometimes in the way that he can be. I think I was really craving that. Looking back now, I'm not sure why I didn't feel the need to do more with Anya, seeing as how she was the jilted one, but I guess as much as I like her, she's never compelled me the way Xander has. But I'm glad you liked that and the tripping line. Thanks for all your feedback and for reading. :)

Emma, you mad beagle, you. And yes, she does do a fine Giles impression, doesn't she? Okay, now I'm trying to imagine you calling Giles a mad beagle....

Buffy: "Is there something you want to tell me?" Riley: "What? Oh, yes - I am a lesbian."
--"Something Blue"

PostPosted: Thu Sep 19, 2002 1:52 am 
:lol

Y'know, I think he'd kind of look at me quizzically, then burst out laughing.

It's a funny little saying though, but then, that's photographers for you. All mad as...well, beagles, I guess. The same one has a tendency to refer to me as Emmy-Lou Biscuit. Which is not my name, by the way.

And I really have no idea why I'm waffling on like this. Can you tell it's late? Can you tell I'm still up only because I can be, cos I have no work tomorrow?

Post subject: Re: Terra Firma 18: On Firm Ground
PostPosted: Thu Sep 19, 2002 3:48 am 
Tulipp this story has been a pleasure to read, and the ending was just so beautiful, :clap ! One of things I have loved throughout this fic is your amazing imagery, it really enhanced the feelings/emotions of the characters. As Dawn notes, ("The past months- all of the months since Buffy died-have been like...like a tornado, or maybe a hurricane:strong winds blowing them all down over and over again..... Like every time they had started to stand up again, a new gust of wind knocked them all flat. Blew away hope and life and everything that was normal."), and now with her family's healing ("But now, the storm was over;the winds had calmed.").

I loved the "coming full circle" feeling from Dawn feeling she was "without form" to having a purpose/"gift", and thus "solid", the utter joy of W&T reveling in the rain, Buffy wanting to live/feeling "rooted" by ("And the earth was solid. You could stand on it and fight the evil that crawled out of it and embrace the friends that stood on it."), Anya realizing life as VD isn't fulfilling her (even taking a little step towards Xander by giving him a "peck"), Giles helping Dawn understand her "keyness", but also being there/a "watcher" for the whole "family", Xander finally moving beyond his feeling of being left out by not having "super powers", and now being proud of his "everyman status" with his "gift" of buliding things (which allows him to help by giving Tara some money), Tara no longer "drifting" but now having Willow to "steady" herself, and Willow finally understanding the magick is a part of herself, but she can control her anger/fear with her thinking ("But maybe her fire could be more like a candle. A candle to celebrate her friends. A candle to light the way for Dawn. An extra-flamey candle to love Tara."), sigh just a lovely image/and true sign that Willow is "whole".

Really I just want to say you have taken the mistakes ME has made in "Season Sux", and given me back the characters I fell in love with in the first place. The Scooby gang is a "family", and throughout this fic, each has overcome the despair/angst to find the hope of better tommorrow (ie they are truly on "firm ground"). Thanks for this story, it truly made me :) !

Edited by: VampNo12  at: 9/19/02 7:38:40 pm

Post subject: Re: Fic: Terra Firma
PostPosted: Thu Sep 19, 2002 7:35 am 
i guess i never really posted on how much I LOVE THIS FIC... so i am catching up... Thank you very much, Tulipp for creating this fic. it really tugs into the heart of me. I hope you create more... thanks!

------------
"Sometimes things happen between people that you don't really expect. And sometimes the things that are important are the ones that seem the weirdest or the most wrong, and those are the ones that change your life." - Jessie "Once and Again"

PostPosted: Thu Sep 19, 2002 1:36 pm 
Love the images of nature you bring up to describe the internal landscape of each of them. Thanks for loving these characters and finding a way to make it right.

I hope to read something else from you soon.

PostPosted: Thu Sep 19, 2002 3:21 pm 
Emmy-Lou Biscuit. It’s going to be hard to let that one go.

VampNo12, thank you so much. I appreciate the time you put into your responses; I’ve always looked forward to seeing what you saw in a chapter, and I think you’ve always seen something I didn’t see in the first place, and that’s always great. And I’m so glad you mentioned the candle line; that was one of my favorites.

I felt like in this chapter, even with everything that these characters have been through, even with the hurt and the pain that’s behind them, even knowing that they are older and wiser now and changed in fundamental ways…I wanted a sense of that fresh season four love. Back when things were bright, you know? And nothing says “bright” like an extra-flamey candle. :) Thank you so much for reading and commenting.

Slayer747, Oh, you sweet talker. Thanks for reading and responding. It’s so nice to know when someone liked this. Thank you!

Murasaki S, thank you for your comments and for reading. It’s kind of funny if I could pull off any images of nature, since I’m more of an indoor person, really. If nothing else, I do love these characters. Love them a lot. And you’ll probably see something else from me soon. Thanks for the encouragement!

Thanks for reading, Kittens.

Buffy: "Is there something you want to tell me?" Riley: "What? Oh, yes - I am a lesbian."
--"Something Blue"

Post subject: Amazing last chapter
PostPosted: Thu Sep 19, 2002 3:43 pm 
I really loved the whole fic, the last chapter was amazing. Im a sucker for happy endings.

look forwards to your next fic.

CJ

PostPosted: Thu Sep 19, 2002 3:47 pm 
Juli - this story from beginning to end was beautifully written. You captured the emotions of all the Scoobies in a thoughtful and realistic way. I agree with VampNo12 about your creative imagery.

I really like how you developed Dawn in this story. I like Dawn. I would love to see you continue an AU. And, just such a touching ending.

Thanks for writing!!

Post subject: Re: Amazing last chapter
PostPosted: Thu Sep 19, 2002 6:41 pm 
jessie 85uk, thanks so much. I can usually handle sad and dark endings, but I put that away when I come here. For Willow and Tara, All Happy All the Time. Thanks for reading.

kjchicago, thank you for reading this, and thanks for the response. I was hoping for realistic; I really was. As for continuing an AU, well, I had originally thought of continuing with a TF sequel, but I'm not sure.

I think that maybe I want to just let this one stay closed.

But AU...definitely. And Dawn as the Key? Extra definitely. I'll be writing again soon. Thanks!

"Wheel never stops turning, Buffy. You're up, you're down...it doesn't change what you are. And you are a hell of a woman."
--Riley in "As You Were"

PostPosted: Thu Sep 19, 2002 7:32 pm 
Quote:
I'll be writing again soon.
Oh what glorious news. :)

Autumn

-----------

Buffy Season 6: It grated, like something forced in where it doesn't belong.

PostPosted: Thu Sep 19, 2002 7:35 pm 
So then I guess *I'm* not the one who's in danger of getting my drawers mixed up then, now am I?

PostPosted: Thu Sep 19, 2002 7:37 pm 
I'm thinking about going out and getting a brand new nightstand...with a special drawer just for this fic.

PostPosted: Thu Sep 19, 2002 7:39 pm 
Eek, was that news?

Big IT, be careful with that nightstand. Certain San Francisco-based companies make a certain product with the same name as this story. I was always thankful that no one brought it up.

You wouldn't want to get your drawers mixed up. Or maybe you would. :)

"Wheel never stops turning, Buffy. You're up, you're down...it doesn't change what you are. And you are a hell of a woman."
--Riley in "As You Were"

PostPosted: Thu Sep 19, 2002 8:12 pm 
Tulipp, I just wanted to say thank-you, thank-you, thank-you :kiss for this wonderfully elegant story. You told this tale incredibly well, and I feel some peace now about our girls. I am a fan for life. Thanks! :)

Kristine

Tara & Willow Love Forever

PostPosted: Thu Sep 19, 2002 8:20 pm 
Nightstand...I said nightstand. With *a* special drawer. Just for this fic. Or maybe I'll just clear the current clutter of phone and lamp and books and glasses off the top of my current nightstand and give this fic the entire run of the place.

PostPosted: Thu Sep 19, 2002 8:30 pm 
Oh, see, my nightstand has three drawers.

One of them has Tommo's "Laid to Rest" and some other fanfic in it.

The other drawers have some other stuff in them.

On top there is a glass of water and a lamp and, generally, a large cat who sits under the lamp and occasionally has a drink out of the glass.

Some life, huh?

--Riley in "As You Were"

Edited by: Tulipp at: 9/20/02 11:37:59 am

PostPosted: Thu Sep 19, 2002 8:41 pm 
Um....

kpmuse, I wanted to say thanks for your kind words. I think I might finally feel a little tiny bit of Willow-Tara peace myself, which is why I probably won't do anything more with this particular plot line.

Thank you for reading!

--Riley in "As You Were"

Edited by: Tulipp at: 9/20/02 12:45:42 pm

PostPosted: Thu Sep 19, 2002 10:09 pm 
Tulipp, I do apologize for my tardiness. I have no excuse. Actually, I have several. But that's not important right now. What's important is this wonderful conclusion. Again, I won't get all analyzey on you. But just a few things I did love --

When Buffy was being all profound with her thoughts and she was thinking about Dawn finding a nice boyfriend but then looked at Willow and Tara and thought "or girlfriend". I thought that was a really nice little touch. Nothing big. But then, you've sort of surrounded this entire story with a lot of little things. Something that really helped make it great.

I love how you take your time with everything. Nothing's rushed, nothing is misplaced. And the last chapter hit it home. I swear, I'm swaying even as I type this (of course that has nothing to do with Terra Firma -- actually there was a carnival incident ... nevermind. See, and I thought I could be serious for a minute or two).

And you made me love the characters again! All of them! Even Dawn and Xander. And you wrote them like you love them, too. There's a real sincerety to that and it just drew me into the story from the very beginning. You really should have taken advantage of your talent. I bet you could have even made me love Riley. Well ... maybe.

Simple. Poetic. I absolutely loved it.

Snippy

-----------------------

She settled for second best and so she found me - John Wesley Harding

PostPosted: Fri Sep 20, 2002 12:37 am 
Hm, let's see...

mention of nightstand drawers

mention of a certain SF-based company

mention of certain irresistable Ruthfics

Does someone have a little extra time on her hands now that she's finished her story? :)

(Edited because I am a spaz.)

Smashed. Wrecked. Gone.

Edited by: ruby at: 9/20/02 4:38:29 pm

PostPosted: Fri Sep 20, 2002 4:04 am 
:clap :clap :clap

i think i've run out of superlatives to comment on this fic. it's simply amazing.

steph

Nothing can cure the soul but the senses, just as nothing can cure the senses but the soul. ~ Oscar Wilde

PostPosted: Fri Sep 20, 2002 11:30 am 
Oh Snippy, thanks for noticing the little things, and thanks for liking Xander and Dawn for a little while. I'm sure that had nothing to do with the carnival ride, either. And I have to thank you because you've given me this wonderful idea about writing another story in which Riley plays a big role....

No, not really. Yes, maybe. Okay, I'm not starting that again, but I will say I hope you read my mini-Riley story a few posts up; you inspired me . Okay, what is it with Riley? I'm even starting to disgust myself.

Ruby, honey, it's called "research."

Steph, thank you for reading and for commenting. No -atives necessary, really; I just like to know when people liked a bit. So thanks.

"Gee, I hope I'm not interrupting anything really depressing"
--Riley in "The Initiative"

PostPosted: Fri Sep 20, 2002 5:59 pm 
You're doing better. Admitting it is the first step. Riley is, in fact, disgusting. Oh, wait, that's not exactly what you said. But come on - he's a BOY. And I'll admit, I allow myself one frivolous boy crush, but I would never waste it on Riley Finn. I enjoyed your mini-fic though. Except ---- Riley didn't have character in Season 4. He never did. Hello! Didn't you read Bobby?? He's Filler Guy. He said it himself in "Restless" - I get to be "Cowboy Guy" -- for anyone who's done a play knows that "Cowboy Guy" is another term for "Filler Guy" - except in Oklahoma, of course.

I'm serious. You can't make this stuff up. Honestly.

Also, I watched "Firefly" last night (ya know, instead of being in Alabama * bitter*) and one of the characters said "I shorely do" and I thought of you. Then I thought -- "Wow, that's some original dialogue."

Snipp

-----------------------

She settled for second best and so she found me - John Wesley Harding

PostPosted: Fri Sep 20, 2002 6:09 pm 
Well, Snippy, I must know who your one frivolous boy crush is. I must.

Sorry you missed Alabama. Sorry you had to watch "Firefly." I've been watching the whole season of "24" lately (thanks to Wolliw, my general taped tv provider), and the previews come on for "Firefly" all the time, and I always have a little fit and flip off the tv. I haven't read that whole thread on it; I just can't get past that there seem to be two main female characters: a girl in a box and a hooker. There seems to be some other punching woman, but I can't figure it out. And I don't way to anyway. But sorry.

"Riley was supposed to be Mr. Joe Guy. We were gonna do dumb things like hold hands through the daisies going 'tra la la.'"
--Buffy in "Goodbye, Iowa"

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 801 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 21, 22, 23, 24, 25, 26, 27  Next