The Kitten, the Witches and the Bad Wardrobe - Willow & Tara Forever

General Chat  || Kitten  || WaV  || Pens  || Mi2  || GMP  || TiE  || FAQ  || Feed - The Kitten, the Witches and the Bad Wardrobe

All times are UTC - 8 hours [ DST ]

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 181 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7  Next
 Post subject: Re: Chapter Seventeen: Coming Home
PostPosted: Fri Sep 17, 2004 5:40 pm 
Awwww!

Quote:
"Know that whatever happens. I will always love you."

That was sweet. More soon, please.

brittney

~Good friends help you move. Real friends help you move the body.~

Post subject: Re: Chapter Seventeen: Coming Home
PostPosted: Fri Sep 17, 2004 5:46 pm 
Awwww, with the singing and the dancing that lead to the kissing and the touching and the............happy! Tara sang for her, very sweet. Willow can so not go to the dance tomorow. They'll think she's a spy and they have guns, they might get trigger happy, not a good outcome. Tara will just have to seduce her and keep her in bed all day and do things so she can't even remember her name let alone what time it is and where she's supposed to be, tough job, but someone's gotta do it!

Can't wait for more

Post subject: Chapter Sixteen feedback
PostPosted: Fri Sep 17, 2004 6:09 pm 
Hi Kittens! Chapter Seventeen up next, but responses to Ch. 16 first.

pipsberg:

“In the case of pipsberg v. tarawhipped regarding the complaint of ‘too short an update’ how does the defendant plead?”

tarawhipped: “Not guilty, your Supreme Kittenness, and I would like to take the ‘pot calling the kettle black’ defense and respectfully submit Part 5 of The Rosenberg Institute as Exhibit A.”

pipsberg: “Objection! That was an interlude—a stand alone dream scene!”

Supreme Kitten: “Objection overruled, the court finds in favor of the defense, and as she has so graciously consented to provide the aforementioned girl-on-girl action, the court hereby orders pipsberg to quit yer bitchin.’:wink

wimpy0729: Yeah, the title had just a wee bit of double (or triple) entendre, but I hate writing titles and it was all I could think of. Why oh why did I ever start naming each chapter in the first place??? As for a climax…ask and you shall receive.

shuyaku: I minored in anthropology, and took a really interesting class called “Witchcraft and Sorcery,” which is how I got the idea for Willow’s being around this subject without actually practicing it (since I didn’t want any supernatural shenanigans). Three for three: check. But don’t push your luck with four.:p

WickedReds: Reds, is that all you EVER think about?! Well, fine, here you are—go nuts.

onyxsundrops: I had mixed feelings about giving Tara a gun (for obvious reasons), but in her position I felt it was required. I do swear that it will not play out in a bad way, okay? As for hurting my feelings, don’t worry, I’m pretty thick skinned…unless I get a paper cut, then I weep like a baby.

Artemis: You know, I could respond to your feedback better if you weren’t always two chapters ahead of me! All good points, and all will be addressed um…later.

mollyig: Much as Tara would love to ‘come out’ so to speak, she would rather bear the burden than unload her conscience, which wouldn’t necessarily do anybody any good since she might still alienate Willow and be taken off the case. It’s a conundrum. But it’ll soon be over and there will be rainbows and puppies all around.

Thanks everyone! New Chapter up next!

:peace -Cameron

What should I be but just what I am? - Edna St.Vincent Millay

Edited by: tarawhipped at: 9/18/04 9:10 am

Post subject: Chapter Seventeen: Coming Home
PostPosted: Fri Sep 17, 2004 6:13 pm 
Oops--I did leave responses to feedback, but they're at the bottom of the previous page.
-Cam

Title: Secrets and Spies
Author: Tarawhipped (Cameron)
Email: tarawhipped@hotmail.com
Rating: R
Disclaimer: All characters are property of Joss Whedon/Mutant Enemy
Distribution: Sure, just tell me where so I can visit!
Chapter notes: The song lyrics are to Cole Porter’s “You’d Be So Nice to Come Home To”
Thoughts in
italics

Chapter Seventeen:Coming Home

Thursday morning Tara awoke in almost the same position as she had on Monday: lying on her back, one arm pinned to her side under the soft, warm weight of Willow’s body.Unlike Monday, however, her first instinct was not to jump out of bed in shock, but to savor every moment.Turning her head, she buried her face in red curls, inhaling deeply the scent of Willow’s shampoo.The redhead’s nightgown left her shoulders bare to the blonde’s caressing fingertips, gently stroking up and down the length of one arm.After several minutes, the redhead began to stir.

“That tickles you know.”

“Shhhh…I’m busy.”

Willow half opened one eye to peek curiously at the blonde.

“Doing what?”

“Connecting the freckles,” Tara replied, directing mischievous eyes and a lop-sided grin at the sleepy woman. “There’s quite a few—it could take a while.”

“It’ll take all day—I have them everywhere,” Willow remarked casually while arching one eyebrow.

Tara’s fingers stilled immediately and her eyes snapped shut.

Everywhere?Oh Goddess—stop thinking about Willow’s…everywhere…it’s not even 7:30 a.m. and…dear god, it’s hot in here.

Tara felt Willow shift, and upon opening her eyes saw that the redhead had propped herself up on her side, one hand supporting her head while she gazed at the blonde with an unreadable look on her face.

“You’re still here.”

“Why wouldn’t I be?”Tara frowned, unsure if Willow was posing a question or a making a statement.

“I thought…when I woke up, I thought it was just another dream, or—but it’s real…and you’re still here…you didn’t leave.”

The implication of the words and the expression of uncertainty on Willow’s face nearly drove Tara to tears, and she reached out to touch the other girl’s cheek.

“I’m not going anywhere, Willow.I shouldn’t have left the way I did that day, and it won’t happen again.I’m here to stay…for as long as you’ll have me.”

The two women didn’t embrace so much as gravitate toward one another, the emotional tension falling away as they lay against each other.They remained that way for several minutes, simply holding on, eyes closed, breathing in sync.Gradually Tara’s fingers resumed their exploration, this time on Willow’s shoulder blades, the light touch sending a shiver down the redhead’s spine.Arching her back at the pleasurable sensation, Willow gasped when she felt her breasts pressing into Tara’s.

There was nothing tentative about the kiss that followed.The moment their lips made contact, both eagerly opened their mouths to the other, tongues meeting, stroking, tasting.Tara grunted in frustration as she attempted to move her trapped arm, desperately wanting to feel Willow under her hands.The redhead somehow sensed what was needed, and began to roll away, only to be pulled back tighter until she was on top of Tara, who wrenched her limb free.

The blonde immediately cried out in pain and sat up, throwing a very startled Willow off of her in the process.

“Tara?I’m sorry—I shouldn’t have—”

“Ow—ow—ow,” was all Tara could manage as she clutched her arm.She shot an apologetic look at the redhead, whose contrite expression quickly shifted to understanding.

“Oh baby, your arm’s asleep?”

Receiving a grimace and a nod, Willow pulled the limb onto her lap and began massaging the muscles, working down from shoulder to hand.When she felt the blonde relax, she brought the hand to her mouth and ran slightly parted lips over each fingertip in turn.

“Can every morning start like this,” Tara thought out loud.

“Well, I don’t know about the pins and needles in the arm part, but the rest of it would be fine with me.”

Tara wrapped her arms around the redhead.

“Mmmm…let’s just stay here all day.”

“Well I could spend a few more hours here, but someone needs to get to work, and it just wouldn’t be as much fun by myself.”

Tara groaned and dropped her forehead onto Willow’s shoulder.

Stupid damn job…stupid Riley…could’ve said I was a student, didn’t need to work, but noooo.

“I have to stop by Giles’ this afternoon, but not for long.How ‘bout I meet you at your office and we can go to dinner…like a real date type dinner?”

As much as Tara didn’t want to go back there, she could deny Willow nothing, and she had to admit it was a convenient location for them to meet.An hour later, after a shower, quick breakfast, and a multitude of Willow-kisses, the agent got into her car and drove away.

The day progressed much as Tuesday had; Tara ran errands for several hours, doubling back to the house in time to follow Willow to school.Afterwards, the agent tailed her to Giles’ then went back to her pretend office to wait.Her experience there was less awkward than the first time.The other women had apparently decided that she wasn’t interesting enough to engage in gossip with, and largely ignored her.Tara left the building at exactly 5:00 and found Willow waiting for her on the sidewalk.They chose a new French bistro for dinner, chatting amiably and lingering over dessert.After dinner they took a leisurely stroll around downtown Sunnydale, stealing furtive glances and innocent touches.

Arriving home shortly after 8:00, both felt a nervous anticipation at being alone again.While Tara made a pot of tea, Willow fiddled with the radio.When she walked into the living room, Tara nearly dropped the tea set, so stunned was she to see the redhead dancing to the rousing strains of Glenn Miller’s orchestra playing “In the Mood.”As she set the tray on the table, she felt a hand grab her wrist and spin her into the center of the room.

“C’mon Tara!” Willow enthused with a wide grin, taking both the blonde’s hands in hers.Soon both girls were giggling more than dancing, and Tara leaned over, hands on her knees as she attempted to steady her breathing.

“What…what’s with the Fred and Ginger routine?”

“Practice,” Willow stated as her laughter subsided.

“Practice?For what?”

“Oh, I agreed to go to this silly dance tomorrow.Anya—Xander’s fiancée—is a USO girl, and I kinda promised I’d go with her.Hey!You could come too!”

Tara’s entire body had tensed at the mention of the dance, and she breathed a momentary sigh of relief as Willow explained.

She certainly wouldn’t ask me along if—oh god—she
can’t
go—Riley—they won’t understand—she could be in danger!

“Tara?” Willow quietly asked, taking a step toward the blonde.

“Don’t go,” the agent blurted out.

Willow’s brow creased and she stopped to look at Tara, who dropped her head down and wrapped her arms around herself.

“I have to…I—Tara what’s wrong?”

“Nothing…it’s nothing.”

Willow bridged the gap between them, placed her hands on Tara’s hips and ducked her head to catch cloudy blue eyes.

“Come with me?”

“I c-can’t, Willow, I’m sorry.I made plans with m-my…brother,” the agent choked out the word, hastily adding, “but maybe I’ll stop by later—make sure you’re behaving yourself with all those G.I.s.”

“You don’t need to worry about them,” Willow scoffed, smiling coyly.“You’re the only one I want to misbehave with.”

Tara unfolded her arms and draped them over Willow’s shoulders as a slow ballad came over the radio.The shrill whine of the air raid siren suddenly pierced the still of the evening, and the music cut off, replaced by static.

“Dammit!” Willow exclaimed, moving to flip off the radio.“I hate that sound!You don’t—it is just a drill, right?”

Tara had moved to shut off the lights, and as she peered out into the darkened street, she noticed the neighborhood air raid warden already patrolling by moonlight.

“Just a drill,” she confirmed.“It has been a while.”

Turning back in the direction of Willow’s voice, she let her eyes adjust until she could make out her silhouette, still standing by the radio.

“I liked that song,” Willow pouted.

Tara carefully inched her way over, slipping an arm around the redhead’s slim waist and taking one of the girl’s hands in her own.She started humming softly as she felt cool fingers wrap around the back of her neck.The two moved closer as they danced, cheeks pressed lightly together.Tara began to sing the preempted song, her voice low and soothing.

“You’d be so nice to come home to,
You’d be so nice by the fire.
While the breeze on high sang a lullaby,
You’d be all that I could desire.”

Their joined hands parted to roam over backs, shoulders, and arms.

“Under stars chilled by the winter,
Under an August moon burnin’ above,
You’d be so nice, you’d be paradise
To come home to and love.”

As Tara continued to hum the hypnotic tune, Willow guided their swaying bodies down the short hallway and through the first door.The tune abruptly cut off as the blonde felt soft lips on her own.Blinking in the darkness, it took her a moment to realize they were in her bedroom.She let her eyes fall closed as Willow’s tongue licked at her bottom lip, seeking permission.Tara acquiesced at once, but before the kiss could escalate in intensity, Willow drew back.

“Tara,” Willow breathed.“I love you.”

Not waiting for a response, the redhead gently grazed their lips together, allowing the blonde time to continue or pull away.Somewhere in Tara’s mind she knew she should stop.But all of her resolve to wait crumbled as Willow made her declaration, and Tara’s body melted into the redhead’s arms, thinking nothing beyond the words repeating in her head:
she loves me…she loves me…

“I love you, Willow.”

The words were barely past her lips before Willow crushed into her, giving their passion release as mouths hungrily sought each other.Tara reached around the redhead’s back for her zipper, lowering it and easing the dress off of her shoulders.Willow wriggled out of it as the blonde left a trail of licks down the curve of her neck.The redhead’s shaky but determined fingers manipulated the buttons of Tara’s skirt and blouse, which were soon discarded on the floor.

Once stripped down to chemises and slips, Willow edged them to the bed and gently guided the blonde onto the mattress.Lying down next to her, the redhead tenderly stroked her fingers down Tara’s arm to her hand, which she brought to her lips, kissing the palm before returning it to Tara’s side.Continuing on, her hand slowly mapped the blonde’s body, trailing down one leg, back up the other, lingering over the stomach before tentatively cupping one full breast, pausing, then seeking out its twin.Moving up the arched neck, over the chin, up one smooth check, across the forehead to the other cheek, and finally to the lips that parted to kiss each fingertip.

Tara, understanding Willow’s need to explore, had merely reveled in the sensations while her cradling arm drew lazy circles on the redhead’s back.Willow withdrew her fingers, covering Tara’s mouth with her own as she rolled partway on top of the blonde, whose legs parted for one of the redhead’s.

The blonde gasped the moment Willow’s thigh flexed into her, pushing up her slip, and she instinctively bent her own knee to make contact with the other woman.Willow moaned, the ache between her legs overwhelming her.Leaning in to feverishly kiss Tara, she began slowly thrusting her hips forward, feeling the blonde do the same.Their pace quickened as both neared release, staring deeply into each other’s eyes until neither could hold back any longer.Tara’s orgasm broke over her, and it was all she could do to hold her thigh up against Willow, who came shuddering in waves a moment later.

The redhead collapsed onto the bed, lying half on top of Tara, who smoothed back damp red hair before reaching to pull the covers up over her shivering lover.

“Tara…I…I…”

“Shhh…sleep, my love,” Tara murmured.She began humming their song again, letting the sound soothe the redhead’s still heaving chest.After several minutes she felt Willow’s body relax and her breathing become heavy and slow.

“I love you Willow,” she whispered, unsure if the redhead was conscious enough to hear.“Whatever happens, always know that I love you.”

TBC in Chapter Eighteen

What should I be but just what I am?
- Edna St.Vincent MillayEdited by: tarawhipped at: 9/18/04 9:20 am

Post subject: I asked and received...
PostPosted: Fri Sep 17, 2004 11:18 pm 
Oh yay! I did ask for something climactic and boy did I receive...well, actually they received, but I can live vicariously can't I?

That was just beautiful...in the dark with the dancing and singing and...hey, did they still have their slips on? Come on, now I'm asking for more skin, okay? Then something climactic can happen again and again and...

Anyway, a big NO to the dance with Anya. That just wouldn't be a good thing.

So for the moment, all is great in their world, so can it stay? Soon anyway?

Wimpy

Post subject: Re: I asked and received...
PostPosted: Fri Sep 17, 2004 11:51 pm 
YAY!!! u gave me smut.... WOOO HOOO... yeah it is all i think about... I agree with Wimpy, more skin, more climactic, and NO DANCE.... update more please..

-reds:willow

my banana dances for smut :banana

Tara in a wet shirt, Tara in a wet shirt. Tara in. A. Wet. Shirt. “Of course.”-Willow From Remember to Breath By Yellow Crayon

Now that just sucks- me

Post subject: A slight disclaimer
PostPosted: Sat Sep 18, 2004 7:49 pm 
Okay, before anyone else weighs in, the dance WILL be happening, and Willow will be attending. I'm just sayin', coz I don't want any :rolleyes , or :angry , or :rage when it happens. And uh, that's where all the big honking drama is set to go down, and I've had it planned for weeks, and, ummm...it'll be fun, really! Or really really angsty, but hey! Continue to enjoy the smut until then, 'k?

So, the big dance update will be up tomorrow night or Tuesday. Until then, I bid you adieu. Oh, and more feedback would be nice (my ego is fragile).

-Cameron

Post subject: Re: A slight disclaimer
PostPosted: Sun Sep 19, 2004 8:59 am 
Fragile Ego Pamperers R Us, responding to your call! :) I loved that chapter.

Yes, the dance is a worry. But I like that Tara's keeping her head - realising Willow would hardly invite her if she were really a spy. And yes, it could be dangerous - but I guess they don't have much choice, and Willow could do worse, unintentionally wandering into a dangerous spy drama, than having Tara watching out for her.

And Tara singing... aw, sweet! Tara-song always gets me hook, line and sinker :)

Chris Cook

Through the Looking-glass

A Willow and Tara for every world.

PostPosted: Sun Sep 19, 2004 10:57 am 
Willow's joy at Tara still being with her in the morning was lovely. There are so few things in her life she can count on, and she's come to believe that Tara is one of them.

So, they each admitted the love they share - but now Willow is going to the dance. Trouble ahead, but I'm sure it's nothing they can't get through.

Thanks for the update.

Sheacht mh'anam déag do bhéal, do mhalaí's do ghrua

PostPosted: Sun Sep 19, 2004 7:13 pm 
I love how the chapter came full circle. Started in bed, ended in bed - that's a good thing!

I'm not looking forward to the dance though. Too many possibilities for things to go horribly. I understand why Willow has to go - her promise to Anya and all, but (and I assuming here) why will Giles be there? He has to show in order for all heck to break loose and for the misunderstanding to come into play.

I can't wait to :read more!

-shuyaku

Oh God, Willow—you’re giving me the gift of Karen Carpenter. Just when I think I grasp the full extent of your love." - Tara

"Why do birds suddenly appear? It’s because, you are queer…" - Willow (Gods Served and Abandoned by AntigoneUnbound)

Post subject: Chapter 17 feedback
PostPosted: Mon Sep 20, 2004 2:53 am 
Hi Kittens! Thanks for the feedback, I know I'm an addict, sorry I had to reduce to begging (I'm so ashamed:sob ). Oh well. Replies from Chapter 17, then on to the big dance!

amazonaa: Thanks Brittney. I was afraid that line would come off as ominous (which was sort of my evil plan), but was meant to be sweet, too. Glad you liked it!

veiled isis moon: Thank you! Good idea with the seduction, but since I already said there’d be a dance, I hope you’ll forgive me.

wimpy7029 and WickedReds: Yes, my two favorite, faithful little smut-bunnies, I’m lumping you together.:kiss You two crack me up! They were still partially clothed, Wimpy—c’mon, this is supposed to be tasteful, historical smut. And there will be a dance, which will create some angst, but eventual goodness (i.e.SKIN)! Happy now?

Artemis: Please extend my grateful thanks to all the fine people at F.E.P.R.U. I get impatient for the accolades.:blush

Tara’s entirely convinced of Willow’s innocence at this point, or there wouldn’t have been any grindage. Keeping Willow safe is priority number one, and that’ll be coming up next.

As for the singing, I had to throw some in, I’m a sucker for the classics.

mollyig:
Quote:
Trouble ahead, but I’m sure it’s nothing they can’t get through

That’s very true, and please keep it in mind when you get to the end of this chapter.

shuyaku: Thank you! I know I promised cliffhangers at the start of this fic, but I’m just too big a sap. Two happy fluffy endings in a row. This one will not make it three.

As for Giles at the dance, never assume…:glasses

Post subject: Chapter Eighteen: The Brit and The Rose
PostPosted: Mon Sep 20, 2004 2:56 am 
Chapter notes:Thoughts in
italics

Chapter Eighteen:The Brit and The Rose

Friday morning Willow woke first, snuggling closer to Tara as her hyperactive brain replayed the events of the night before.

She loves me…and I love her…and
she
loves
me
…and she’s so…wow…and her kisses …and she sang…and we—are we lovers?…we didn’t get all naked…but we…I do believe that counts…mmmm…naked Tara…lovers…Tara’s my lover.

Tara opened her eyes just as a full-blown smirk spread over the redhead’s face.

“Whatcha thinkin’ ‘bout sweetie?”

Willow leaned in to kiss the blonde, slowly at first but deepening as both women began to fully wake up.

“That, for starters.”

“Mmmm…yummy,” Tara murmured.“Been up long?”

“Nuh-uh,” the redhead replied, resuming the kiss and letting her hand drift up to caress Tara’s breast.

“Um, Willow?”Tara squeaked.

“Hm?”

“Much as I’m enjoying this, don’t we have to get up?”

“Hmph.You’re mean,” Willow pouted, sitting up but not moving from the bed.Tara scooted behind her and wrapped her arms around the redhead’s chest.Willow’s mouth dropped open and she whimpered as Tara began licking her ear.

“Don’t worry my love…I’ll make it up to you later…say, 5:30?…meet back here?”

“Uhh…god, Tara…I…ohhhh that’s nice…but…tonight…dance…Anya…picking me up at 6.”

Tara’s mind raced as she moved her attention to Willow’s neck, eliciting a drawn-out sigh.
Okay, technically not playing fair, but it’s for the best.

“You could call and cancel,” she tempted, her voice low and sultry.“Tell her you’re sick—you’ll go to the next one.”

Tara began gently nipping her lover’s neck, following each bite with a long suck.She moved her hands to Willow’s small breasts and pulled the slight body back into her, smiling at the stiffening nipples and the deep moan the redhead released.Thinking she may have successfully persuaded the other woman, Tara tensed when she felt her hands pulled away.The redhead maneuvered herself so that they were facing each other, then entwined their fingers together.

“I kinda get the feeling that you don’t want me to go to this dance, Tara…and I think I know why.”

Before Tara could speak, Willow raised a finger to the blonde’s lips and continued.

“I wish it was you I was going with—and I know that you already have plans—I should have mentioned it sooner.But I swear there’s nothing going on—Anya’s just a friend…well, more like the really annoying fiancée of a friend…but my point is that there’s no reason to be jealous.”

Tara bit her bottom lip to prevent an untimely laugh and bowed her head in an attempt to appear relieved.Willow brightened immediately and flashed a big grin.

“But just because I said I’d go doesn’t mean I have to stay long!So…is it okay?”

Absolutely not, emphatically NO,
she thought.
But you obviously take a promise very seriously, and I adore you for it.And since I can’t persuade you by word or deed, I’ll just have to settle for keeping you safe.

“Uh-huh,” she said aloud.

The morning was over far too soon, and the redhead left for school, closely followed by Tara.The agent made sure Willow entered her first classroom before she hurried to her car.She knew she was directly disobeying orders—that she was expected to keep close watch on the redhead all day—but she didn’t care.

The hell with protocol—they can fire my ass,
she thought as she left the university parking lot.
At least then I could tell her why she shouldn’t be at that damn dance.

Tara marched into her office and strode directly to Travers’ door.

“I need to see him—now,” she commanded.

Buffy depressed the intercom, but Tara was already through the door before she heard the secretary’s voice call out over the receiver: “Agent Maclay to see you sir.”The agent sat down without bothering to wait for an invitation.Travers’ mouth twitched in the barest hint of an amused smile, and he instructed Miss Summers to hold all calls.

“I assume it must be important for you to barge into my office in such a manner, Agent.”

“Yes sir,” she replied evenly, not about to apologize.

Travers leaned back in his chair and gestured for her to speak.

“It’s about the stakeout tonight,” she began, assuming he had already been brought up to speed since his return.At his nod, she continued.“Everything I have discovered about Miss Rosenberg leads me to the conclusion that she is not the Rose, but Agent Finn does not share my belief.The problem is that she
is
going to be at the dance, and I know Finn is going to take that as proof of her guilt.Now, I know it looks suspicious, but it really is just a coincidence—a friend of hers is a USO girl.I’m concerned that while Finn is focused on Willow, the
real
Rose and the Brit are going to slip past us.”

Tara felt herself getting flustered as she tried to explain the situation without giving away her feelings.

Travers listened attentively, accurately gauging the blonde’s agitated state as a personal fondness for the suspect, but not reading any more into it.He let the agent compose herself before he replied.

“Do you know why I gave you this assignment, Agent Maclay?”

“Because you needed a female operative to move into her house?’ she guessed, frowning in confusion at the change of topic.

“That was convenient, I’ll admit, but no.The reason I picked you is because I’ve been watching you Miss Maclay.Most agents rely on training—intellect, rules, practicalities.A few depend solely on instinct, but those ones never last.You, Miss Maclay, utilize both.That is a rarity indeed, and when properly balanced make for an agent of the highest caliber.
That
is why I gave you this assignment.”

Tara stared at her boss, who stood and walked to her chair, raising an arm to guide her out of the office.As they reached the door, he stopped and faced her.

“I’ll speak to Agent Finn.But now I believe you’re supposed to be on surveillance.Oh, Tara…I won’t forget how well you’ve handled this case.”

The blonde merely nodded as she left, feeling immensely relieved, and more than a little dazed.

The rest of the day was spent discretely following Willow from class to class, to Giles’, and finally back home.As tempting as it was to go in, Tara knew she would not be able to dissuade the redhead from going, and she needed to keep her distance in order to focus on protecting Willow.Shortly before 6:00, a car pulled up in front of the house.The woman she recognized as Anya got out and skipped to the door, which was promptly opened by Willow.Tara inhaled sharply as she took in the sight of her lover, illuminated under the porch light.She wore a simply cut gown, and the agent smiled at the thought that the redhead was not trying to impress any young man at the dance.Despite its simplicity, the shimmering green dress matched Willow’s eyes, and Tara knew she had never seen a sight so breathtaking as her gorgeous girl.

The blonde waited until the two had rounded the corner before following.In the parking lot she hastily tied her hair into a loose bun and reached into the glove box for the walkie-talkie she’d been assigned.When her hand fell on the revolver, she paused before loading it and throwing it into her purse along with the radio.

As she walked toward the Lodge, her trained eyes spotted several of her fellow agents at their posts.Stepping inside she saw Willow and Anya make their way through one of three sets of double doors leading into the ballroom.The sounds of the orchestra playing a lively swing tune drifted out into the lobby.The ballroom was well lit, but Tara found that by staying close to the wall she could remain hidden in the shadows.She edged her way to a deserted corner where she could observe most of the main room as well as the doors.A large decorative pillar provided adequate cover as she watched Willow and Anya sit at one of several large round tables scattered around the room.A soldier asked Anya to dance almost immediately, and the agent stared daggers at the man.

Oh, so you’d rather twirl around with that blonde instead of my beautiful redhead?…hmph…guess there’s no accounting for taste…hey…what do you think
you’re
doing, sailor-boy?…stop smiling at my girl!At least it’s—well, it WAS—a fast song…hey!Watch those mitts, buster!

Tara bristled as she watched Willow dance with the young man, who maintained a gentlemanly distance from the redhead.When they parted after one number, the agent breathed a sigh of relief.For almost an hour it continued—Tara fretting if no one asked Willow to dance, and seething if one did.When she saw the redhead check her watch, she decided to wander over as if just arriving.With luck they’d be out the door in five minutes.

Tara retraced her steps along the wall, and had just reached the doors when the familiar strains of their song began to play.Coming to a standstill, she looked to where the redhead sat and saw the sailor who had first asked Willow to dance approach the table.The conflict on the redhead’s face was evident as she tried to beg off.The young man was persistent however, and Tara knew that the women were not supposed to refuse a dance.That knowledge did not prevent her dismay at seeing her love in the arms of another, and from the look on Willow’s face it was clear that she wasn’t happy about it, either.

Tara was momentarily lost in thoughts of marching out onto the floor to claim her dance, and didn’t realize that she had stopped in front of the doors until someone crashed into her shoulder.

“Watch it, luv,” the man spat out as he stalked off toward the left side of the hall.Tara glared at his back a moment before his accent clicked in her mind.Following in the direction he’d taken, she spied him easily by his unnaturally white-blonde hair.She came to a sudden halt when she saw him approach a woman holding a small briefcase and wearing a hat decorated with a single large red rose.

It’s
them
—it has to be…okay Maclay, keep calm…need to call for backup…what the hell?…that’s…that’s the girl from…Melody?—no—Harmony!

The pair anxiously looked around as they talked.Tara felt in her purse for her radio, but did not yet draw it out.She quickly glanced over to the dance floor, freezing as her eyes made contact with the green ones she adored; eyes that blinked in confusion before lighting up along with a smile.Knowing she’d been spotted, Tara raised her forefinger in an attempt to buy herself a minute.Out of the corner of her eye she saw the Brit and the Rose heading for the side door.She ran after them, jerking out the walkie-talkie and calling out “suspects exiting through west doors—repeat, suspects exiting to west.”As she reached the doors, she felt a hand on her arm.

“Tara, you made it!”

“Willow, stay here,” the agent ordered, turning away.

“What…why…Tara, what’s going on?” the redhead frantically asked, increasing her grip on the blonde’s arm.

Not now
—just stay inside.”

Tara roughly pulled her arm free and ran through the doors, drawing her gun from her bag.The suspects stood not ten feet away and both looked up, startled, as Tara burst into the alley.

“Freeze!” she shouted, raising her weapon and taking a few cautious steps closer.Without hesitating, the blonde man shoved Harmony at the agent and ran, only to be met at the end of the alley by seven more agents with guns leveled at him.

Tara had easily subdued the Rose, who began crying hysterically and whined: “I can’t believe that jerk!He said he loved me.”Tara waited with the woman until Finn and another agent came to place her under arrest.Before they led her away to join the Brit, Riley turned to nod at Tara.

“Good work, Agent Maclay.I guess you were right about Rosenberg.”

As Finn walked away Tara heard a choked cry behind her, and her blood ran cold as she turned and confirmed what she already suspected.Green eyes as big as saucers stared at her in shock.

“Willow—please…let me explain.”

Tara took a tentative step towards her love, who backed away in response.The door they’d come through swung open and Anya’s head appeared.

“Hey, there you are! What on earth are you doing out—oh!Is this the lesbian?Hi!I’m Anya!”

Tara couldn’t respond, too focused was she on the redhead, who avoided the blonde’s gaze.After several painfully long moments, Willow quietly spoke in a voice raspy with emotion.

“Anya, please take me home.”

TBC in Chapter Nineteen

- Edna St.Vincent Millay

Post subject: Re: Chapter Eighteen: The Brit and The Rose
PostPosted: Mon Sep 20, 2004 3:21 am 
Awww, you can not leave us hanging like this!!! You must update tonight! We have been waiting so long for the dance and you end it like this....Don't make me cry! Its not pretty......Very well done - albeit, I'm haven't gotten my fill yet. How's Tara going to fix this? As far as we know, Willow has been upfront with her while Tara....She should buy flowers and go crawling and groveling. Did I just write that? ME? No, no I didn't....For I am after all Lady Dameon, the Goddess of Violence! And I do not submit to mush and sappy.

ladydameon

----------------

Goddess of Violence

Post subject: Re: Chapter Eighteen: The Brit and The Rose
PostPosted: Mon Sep 20, 2004 3:56 am 
Okay - well this chapter was cliffhanger-y enough for the whole fic. Poor Willow - she is definitely feeling deceived. Tara was so close to making it, but if she did you wouldn't have much of a story would you?

Great stuff! More very soon please :pray

-shuyaku

Oh God, Willow—you’re giving me the gift of Karen Carpenter. Just when I think I grasp the full extent of your love." - Tara

"Why do birds suddenly appear? It’s because, you are queer…" - Willow (Gods Served and Abandoned by AntigoneUnbound)

Post subject: The Dance
PostPosted: Mon Sep 20, 2004 4:01 am 
Oh, that was so well done...even with the angst. I could just feel it. Poor Willow.

OMG it's Spike and Harmony. ROFL I loved that part.

So now the angst is here and must be resolved, so please don't keep us waiting long.

Oh yeah -- SMUT BUNNIES??!!! Hey, we resemble that remark! Oh, I know, me and Reds can dress up like that for Halloween. I'll wear a nice fluffy pink bunny costume with a black leather bustierre. What about you Reds?

So, yeah...skin is on the horizon so I'm smilin! :D

Wimpy (the smut bunny)

Post subject: Re: The Dance
PostPosted: Mon Sep 20, 2004 4:48 am 
Argh! Oh, I just knew from the moment the Dance got introduced that that's (roughly) how Willow would discover the truth... talk about worst possible scenario... oh well. No surprise that Willow's feeling mightily betrayed and all - still, I wonder how much of it is her worrying whether Tara was lying about everything - being in love and all, just to get close to her for spying-type purposes? Those doubts, at least, Tara can set to rest, given sufficient heartfelt explaining.

As for the rest, well, yes, it's bad - but Willow's a smart girl, once she gets over the shock and Tara manages to talk to her (I don't imagine Willow is going to want to talk initially, but Tara's not going to walk away without doing her best to make things right, right?), she'll see the reasons why Tara did what she did. And heck, they both lied - Willow did some little lies because she's worried about how her parents will react to her changing her field of study. And yes, Tara's lies were bigger than Willow's - but she was doing it for the good of the nation, that's got to count for something. And it wasn't Tara's fault Willow was under suspicion - Tara did the best possible thing she could to clear Willow, investigating her properly and professionally, dotting every 'i' and crossing every 't' - no-one can say Willow wasn't cleared beyond all doubt (even if the real Rose and Brit hadn't shown up).

I guess much talking is in order. Willow's understandably upset, but she's got to see how difficult this has been for Tara too, doesn't she? And Tara can convince her that she never lied about her feelings... so, bring on the heartfelt apologies and declarations of undying love and forgiveness, and Tara wearing a bustier-

Sorry, people were talking about bustiers and the mental image just slipped in :) But you gotta admit, Tara in a bustier is hard to ignore, even if you have just discovered you've been at the centre of a secret service investigation no-one told you about.

Chris Cook

Through the Looking-glass

A Willow and Tara for every world.

PostPosted: Mon Sep 20, 2004 5:18 am 
Mmm angst.. just as tasty as smut...

Spike and Harmony...:lmao :lmao :lmao :lmao *wipes tear* thats just to funny... Now u must resolve the angst... isn't alot of skin a cure for that??

By the way... Smut Bunnies!! Yeah, we resemble that remark... Mmm I'm all for it wimpy, especially the black bustierre part as long as i can be a purple bunny.. So on with the SMUT SMUT SMUT!!!!

-reds(the other smut bunny):willow

Tara in a wet shirt, Tara in a wet shirt. Tara in. A. Wet. Shirt. “Of course.”-Willow From Remember to Breath By Yellow Crayon

Now that just sucks- me

Edited by: WickedReds at: 9/20/04 8:23 pm

PostPosted: Mon Sep 20, 2004 9:44 am 
Willow intuitive enough to know that Tara didn't want her going to the dance. Poor Tara, what a quandary she's in. Her instincts telling her to prevent Willow going, while her logic reasons that because she believes Willow is innocent she'll be vindicated.

I was worried initially when Tara went to Travers. She told him her concerns and he turned the topic around to applauding Tara on her attributes. It seems to me he's like a skilled politician - and those, we know, can never be trusted.

Hee, I had a suspicion who the real Brit would be, and was right. I didn't guess the rose though, I had thought it might've been Cordy.

And of course, unluckily, Willow was there to observe when Agent Maclay was congratulated. Anya's reaction to Tara's presence was amusing though.

Thanks for the update.

Sheacht mh'anam déag do bhéal, do mhalaí's do ghrua

PostPosted: Mon Sep 20, 2004 4:15 pm 
Eek, I go out of town for a few days and I miss two updates. *kicks self*. BTW, wonderful updates.

Like some of the other posters, I feel more for Tara than Willow (not that I don't feel sad for her too) but Tara was seemingly thrown into this situation never really knowing how it would effect her emotionally. But at least everything (I'm assuming) is on the table now, which means it's definately time to talk.

Spike and Harm? Hmm, no comment:D . Thanks for the update.

Yvonne:peace

Post subject: dun-dun-DUUUUUUUN
PostPosted: Tue Sep 21, 2004 12:27 am 
I've been meaning to post in this thread forever... such a great story! It reads like a Saturday matinee (which is so very cool). This last update had me sitting in front of the screen, wide-eyed, mindlessly shoving reece's pieces into my mouth like I was at the movies. (Makes me wish I had old time radio show organ music on my computer: "What will happen? Will Willow forgive the woman she loves? Will Tara be able to convince her lover of her sincerity? Tune in next time... for Secrets and Spies!!"*organ swells*)

Such a fun plot, great descriptions of the era (love how you include song titles, etc) and great character developement within the thriller you've crafted. I can't wait for the next installment (in fact, running out to stock up on reece's pieces now!). Keep up the excellent work! Big fan.

Edited by: EasierSaid at: 9/21/04 3:29 pm

Post subject: Chapter 18 feedback
PostPosted: Thu Sep 23, 2004 6:28 pm 
Hi Kittens! Back with feedback for Ch. 18, then Ch. 19 will be up momentarily. I intended to have the big sex scene at the end of this, but it was already kinda long, so I decided to move it to the next chapter (sorry smut bunnies!). That said, my in-laws are visiting this weekend, which is not conducive to the writing of smut, so it may be Monday or Tuesday before I finish it. I’ll try to make it worth the wait.

ladydameon: Awww…is the Goddess of Violence a big softie? *brain to Cam: “stop taunting the Goddess of Violence!”* Don’t worry, ladydameon, your secret’s safe with me…and hopefully the upcoming ending won’t make you cry like the itty bitty baby you--*brain to Cam: “now you’re just asking for it.”*

shuyaku: I felt that Willow had to find out in a dramatic way, and one in which she saw it herself, leaving no doubt in her mind. I originally had her following Tara to her real office, but it didn’t work, and I couldn’t include the real spies that way. I’m glad you liked it.

wimpy0729 & WickedReds: Dear god, what have I done??? Bunnies in bustiers!:shock I don’t think you understand my capacity to get an image stuck in my head, and now it’s a rather disturbing one of Ralphie from A Christmas Story.

Glad y’all liked Spike and Harm—I’ve been terrified for the last ten or so chapters that someone would start asking questions about where Spike was, and then my whole little web of intrigue would unravel. Mostly I thought it was funny, glad you did too.

Artemis: As usual, Chris, you hit the nail on the head—that’s exactly what Willow’s going to think. The rest, well she did work for the government herself, so she knows what they’re capable of (even if it’s a shock in relation to her). The last and the upcoming chapters were difficult to write, and I tried not to gloss over the angst—I didn’t want to leave them wallowing, but I can’t just do a “we talked, it’s cool, let’s boink” thing. Well, I could, but then none of you would respect me in the {insert appropriate time of day for your time zone here}.
Quote:
Tara in a bustier is hard to ignore
Yes it is, and it’s REALLY hard to concentrate on angst with that image—and I didn’t even create it! *cam’s brain: “Get to the SMUT! ARGGGHHH”*

mollyig: as I said before, I thought the Spike beans would be spilled earlier, but I’m glad the Rose was a surprise. I plunked Cordy and especially Amy in there to throw people off. Travers, huh?…yeah, I wonder what his deal is…maybe we’ll find out later…:hmm

onyxsundrops: I have tended to spend more time on how all this has affected Tara, so it makes since that she’s the more sympathetic character. Like you said, it’s not that Willow isn’t, but it’s the fact that Tara has had to make all these difficult decisions and now everything she wants is slipping away. Willow’s been blindsided, but Tara had to drove right into it. I definitely think that makes her experience harsher.

EasierSaid: :wave I was SO psyched to see your name up here, cause you well know that Neverland is one of my favorites. Anyone not already reading it, please go do so! Wait! Read mine first! Hello? Oh poop.

The Saturday serials were exactly what I was aiming for here. There was a radio station I used to listen to as I drove home from work that played the old radio mysteries, and I got totally hooked on them. Glad you’re enjoying it.

Post subject: Chapter Nineteen: Breaking Down, Making Up
PostPosted: Thu Sep 23, 2004 7:32 pm 
Once again, feedback from previous chap. is on the last page.
-Cameron

Chapter notes:Thoughts in
italics

Chapter Nineteen:Breaking Down, Making Up

“W-willow…wait…
please
,” Tara pleaded as she began to raise her arm to reach out to the redhead, realized it still held the gun, and let it drop lamely back down to her side.Willow hadn’t looked at the agent in minutes that seemed like forever to Tara.When at last the green eyes lifted, they could barely focus through the tears pooling in their depths.Again Tara took a half step toward her, stopping abruptly at Willow’s whispered words:

“Who are you?”

“I—”

NO
!” Willow shouted, covering her ears with her hands and shutting her eyes tightly.She shook her head violently before turning suddenly cold emerald slits to the agent.“I don’t want to hear it.”

The redhead had already run inside before Tara recovered from her shock.She lunged for the door, only to be barred by Anya.

“I don’t
care
who you are,” she said, her voice dripping icicles, “but I think you need to leave her alone.”

With that Anya spun on her heel and stalked through the door, slamming it shut behind her.

The next morning, Tara couldn’t remember leaving the alley.She didn’t remember getting into her car.She had no memory of driving anywhere.She didn’t recall arriving at Sue’s house after midnight.She did not remember crying hysterically as her friend helplessly tried to find out what was wrong.And she did not know when she had fallen asleep on the couch, tucked under a quilt, exhausted physically, mentally, and emotionally.

The next morning, all Tara could remember was Willow’s strangled sob, the heartbroken look on her face, and the pain in her voice.The blonde sat cross-legged on the sofa, wrapped tightly in the quilt as if trying to convince herself that the tremors wracking her body were the result of the cold.

Willow ran blindly through the ballroom, out the lobby, and was halfway across the parking lot before she realized she didn’t know where she was going.As Anya caught up with her and guided her to the car, Willow’s attention was drawn to a crowd of people.She stopped to watch a man and a woman being forced into separate cars by a number of men in dark suits.

Then she saw Tara.The blonde was walking from the direction of the alley, and Willow felt her heart drop into her stomach.The woman’s movements were jerky as she staggered amongst the cars, and even with the distance and the dark Willow could see that Tara’s face was soaked with tears.She saw Tara reach her car and collapse against it, shaking, and it was all Willow could do not to run to her.

“Willow?”Anya’s surprisingly gentle voice questioned.

The redhead dropped her eyes and got into the car without another glance.

At home Anya tried to get Willow to talk to her, and for once the redhead believed her friend was genuinely concerned, not just seeking gossip.But Willow found that she could not speak.She just felt…numb.The only sensation that she recognized was the burning in her eyes from the tears that had welled there, but refused to fall.When Anya finally asked Willow if she wanted her to stay, all the redhead could do was slowly shake her head.

Once she was alone, Willow drifted through the house like a sleepwalker, locking the door, shutting off the lights, changing into her nightgown.Minutes ticked by as she stood in the doorway to Tara’s room, trying to make sense of the phrases swirling around in her head:

“NOT NOW!”
“Agent Maclay.”
“You were right about Rosenberg.”

Finally she shuffled to the bed and lay down, curling herself around a pillow, finding an uneasy comfort in the lingering scent of Tara.At last the tears flowed.

If Tara had been a wreck Friday night, Saturday morning she was a twenty-car pileup with no survivors.Sue had finally managed to get the girl to calm down enough to explain what had happened, and had spent several hours trying to convince her that it couldn’t be
that
bad, but there had been no consoling the agent.

“Look, Tara, you have to face her sometime.At the very least you’re going to have to go back for your things,” the brunette said as gently as she could.Panicked blue eyes shot up at her before the blonde again buried her face in her hands.

“Well, what the hell do you want me to say?For Christ’s sake, Tare, so she reacted badly!Weren’t you expecting that?Wouldn’t
you
be shocked, even angry?But maybe she’s had time to calm down and you can explain.”

Tara shook her head, unable to get the echo of Willow’s words out of her mind:
“I don’t want to hear it”

“She hates me,” she proclaimed bitterly.

“You don’t
know
that.And you’re never going to find out one way or another until you get off your ass and talk to her.It’s gotta be your move, Tare—she doesn’t know where
you
live or work, she doesn’t know
your
phone number.”Sue paused, deciding to change tactics.“That’s convenient for you, isn’t it, Tare?You can just walk away, chalk it up to ‘never meant to be’ and bail out so you don’t have to wade through the muck.Then you can go back to being alone and feeling sorry for yourse—”

Tara flew off the sofa, her fist connecting hard with Sue’s jaw, sending the brunette stumbling backwards.The agent cringed in pain, cradling her bruised hand, while Sue’s chin seemed none the worse for wear.

“Goddammit…Sue, I’m sorry.”

“Don’t be.I had to do something to get you off my couch.Nice shot, by the way.”

“So you said all that just to—”

“I said it because it’s the truth, and you know it.Whatever’s going to happen, you can’t just avoid it by hiding out here.You
need
to see her, for both your sakes.And I’d say the sooner the better.”

Tara’s entire body slumped as she accepted the inevitable.Willow deserved an explanation.And if nothing else, she owed Willow the opportunity to slam the door in her face.

“I…I will, I’ll go today,” she resolved, the fear still evident in her eyes.Off of her friend’s glare, she amended with a defeated sigh, “I’ll go now.”

Tara had driven directly to Willow’s house before her resolve faltered.She sat in her car for a half an hour trying to steady her nerves.She walked purposefully to the front door, where she stood for a full ten minutes before knocking.When it went unanswered for several minutes, Tara thought with a mixture of trepidation and relief that perhaps the redhead was not home.Just as she was about to turn and go, the door opened.

Willow looked a mess.Her hair was disheveled, and the puffy eyes rimmed with dark circles were ample testimony to lack of sleep and crying.She wore the same jeans and work shirt Tara had previously seen, their loose fit seeming to swallow up the small woman.

The two stared at each other for several minutes without actually making eye contact.When Willow stepped aside to allow Tara entrance, the blonde breathed a sigh of relief.

At least I didn’t get a facefull of door,
she thought, but her gratitude quickly shifted to panic as Willow moved to leave the house.

“W-where are you g-going?”

“I thought you’d want to be alone,” the redhead stated, her voice hushed and expressionless, “while you packed.I’ll just…take a walk…get out of your way.”

“P-p-pack?…Willow…that’s not w-why I’m here,” the blonde stammered, totally unprepared for Willow’s lack of emotion.“I w-want to explain…you don’t understand.”

“What don’t I understand?”The redhead demanded, an edge creeping into her voice.She slammed the door and faced Tara, who looked back at her in surprise.“That you were here to spy on me?That I was under investigation for suspicion of being a Russian spy?”

“H-how—”

“Agent Finn came by earlier looking for you.He said you never reported in last night and you weren’t at your…apartment, either.Anyway, he told me a little and gave me the standard ‘your country would appreciate it if you didn’t tell anyone about this little misunderstanding’ speech.So what exactly don’t I understand
Agent
Maclay.Is Tara Maclay even your name?”

Tara felt the tears beginning again, and she fought the urge to flee from the house.

“Of course it is…Willow…I…I w-was only trying to h-help.”

“Help?!By making me think you loved me?Was that part of your job?Get the suspect to fall for you and see if she talks in her sleep?”

“Is
that
what you think?That I was trying to seduce you for information?”

“Weren’t you?”Willow’s voice broke, and Tara made a move toward her, but refrained as the redhead flinched.

“Willow…look at me…please,” Tara pleaded softly.The green eyes that met hers were filled with sadness and uncertainty.“I fell in love with you
despite
my job, not because of it.I should have taken myself off of this investigation the moment I realized I had feelings for you, but I couldn’t because
I
wanted to be the one to prove your innocence.I love you Willow.Whatever secrets I’ve had to keep, whatever lies I’ve told…that is the truth.I know you don’t have any reason to believe me, but I only lied about my job and what I was doing here.”

“What about ‘Donnie’?”

Tara cringed, but acquiesced.

“I didn’t know he would show up like that.I was afraid he would say he was my boyfriend, and I panicked.”

“And your parents?Was any of that true?”

“Every word.I have a copy of my mother’s obituary if you want to see for yourself.”

The redhead’s eyes narrowed at the remark, but one look in Tara’s told her that the statement was not made in sarcasm, but as a genuine offer of proof.When she next spoke, Willow’s voice was raw with the emotional turmoil of the past day.

“I don’t want any of this!I want everything back the way it was before last night.I don’t want to know that people have been watching me, suspecting me, lying to me.I want…I want to come home to my roommate who cooks me dinner and talks to me and makes me feel like I can do anything.I want to go to bed with you at night and wake up in the morning in your arms.I want to trust you…trust us.I want to believe it’s
real

Tara cautiously stepped closer to the redhead, who remained still, eyes watering, lip quivering.The blonde reached out to take one of Willow’s hands, which she raised to her own face, pressing the shaking fingers onto her cheek.

“I know you have no reason to believe anything I say, but…can you believe what you feel, Willow?I can’t believe I have any tears left, but they just keep coming, knowing how much I’ve hurt you.Aren’t
they
real?”

Willow closed her eyes and choked back a sob of her own.Tara next guided the hand to her chest.

“Can you feel my heart, Willow?I think it’s going to break through my chest it’s pounding so hard.It’s been like that since I got here…since I saw you…since I realized I may never get to see you again.Isn’t
that
real?”

When Willow opened her eyes, the tears streamed down, but she maintained her gaze with the blonde, who thought she saw a glimmer of hope shining in the green depths.Tara moved her hand away from Willow’s, which remained in place against Tara’s breastbone.The blonde took another step forward, ever so slowly leaning her head in, eyes locked on Willow’s.She lightly pressed their lips together, then retreated just far enough to speak, her breath warm on Willow’s mouth.

“Do you feel it, Willow?” she whispered.“Isn’t this real?”

“Oh…Tara …yessss,” she hissed, and immediately they were kissing in earnest, hungrily devouring each other as lips, teeth, and tongues met again and again.Caressing hands grew bolder, but when Tara felt Willow’s slide down her buttocks and pull at her skirt, she gently pulled away.

“Sweetie…wait.Before we go any farther…I know you have questions…about me…and I want you to ask them now.”

“They can wait—not important,” Willow hastily replied as she tried to return her lips to Tara’s neck.

“Willow,” Tara said firmly, taking Willow’s hands in her own, “I want nothing more than to make love with you…but it is important.I don’t want any doubts hanging over us.I want you to know who you’re making love to.”

TBC in Chapter Twenty

- Edna St.Vincent MillayEdited by: tarawhipped at: 9/24/04 10:33 am

Post subject: Re: Chapter Nineteen: Breaking Down, Making Up
PostPosted: Thu Sep 23, 2004 8:10 pm 
Another thrilling installment! I'm sure I look like a complete idiot whenever I read new updates; my eyes are always so wide. 'What's going to happen!?!' You know it's a fun fic when you're impatient for the next sentence! I like very much that Tara stopped Willow in the end to talk; definitely a testament to how she wants things to work on a real level, how concerned she is for Willow, that Willow knows who she is and how much she cares. The night apart was heartbreaking, but so happy that Tara made the move to make things right. Great update my friend! Looking forward to the next one, immensely.

Edited by: EasierSaid at: 9/24/04 11:11 am

Post subject: Re: naughty bunny
PostPosted: Thu Sep 23, 2004 8:12 pm 
No, no i not trying to kill u... i'll stop wiggling my tail... i'll just save for some poor unsuspecting victim...

-reds (the naughty bunny):willow

Now that just sucks- me

Post subject: Re: Chapter Nineteen: Breaking Down, Making Up
PostPosted: Thu Sep 23, 2004 9:02 pm 
*Walks in room wearing Purple Bunnie costume and Black Bustier* Hey Cameron... Like my costume *wiggles fluffy tail*... Such a wonderful update to this great story... How angsty of u... I felt Willow pain specially the whole numb feeling.. And poor Tara she was so.. so... i have no words to describe it... very powerful angst... Ok...now that i have my Fluffy Smut Bunnie Costume... i shall chant... SMUT SMUT SMUT SMUT... WOOO HOOOO ON WITH THE SMUT... *looks around* now where is Wimpy??? have to find Wimpy..... *walks off, shaking tail*

-reds(the other smut bunnie):willow

Now that just sucks- me

Edited by: WickedReds at: 9/24/04 12:03 pm

Post subject: naughty bunny
PostPosted: Thu Sep 23, 2004 9:07 pm 
:shock

Reds, are you trying to kill me???:lol Get that wiggling tail out of here--my wife will NOT be amused.

;) -Cameron

Edited by: tarawhipped at: 9/24/04 12:08 pm

Post subject: the other naughty bunny
PostPosted: Thu Sep 23, 2004 9:38 pm 
Hi guys! Here I am. See...mine is fluffy and pink, not to be confused with Red's lovely purple, but our leather is identical...see? No wiggling tails? What's the fun in that? I can envision Reds and I starting our own business. What is it you ask? Why, it is called the Smut Bunny Ranch. Kind of a combination between The Chicken Ranch and the Playboy Mansion. Any other kittens want to join us?

Anyway, ahhh the lovely update. Yes, such angst. I was actually in tears and felt the hurt of Willow and Tara. But the good thing, they had to go through it but now everything is out in the open. Tara's speech to Willow was absolutely beautiful, again the tears. And Tara stopping her, although well, part of me wanted the smut, now if they get the questions out of the way...then the real fireworks can begin...kind of like on Love American Style is what I picture in my mind.

So...I will begin my chant with Reds...SMUT SMUT SMUT!!!!

Soon please!

Wimpy (the other naughty smut bunny)

Post subject: Re: the other naughty bunny
PostPosted: Fri Sep 24, 2004 12:24 am 
Wimpy, wimpy, wimpy. *shaking head sadly* Well, I guess I can't fight you both. So I'll allow the tail wigglage...I just won't look. *peeking* teehee

But if I see a drastic increase in the smut bunny population, you, me and Reds are gonna have a little talk. And I want a cut off the top of the Smut Bunny Ranch operation.

:wink -Cameron

PostPosted: Fri Sep 24, 2004 4:16 am 
Um, am I missing something? I am, aren't I? *Sighs* Oh, well. Now to the update, which btw was very good and angsty, and promising:blush , and... well, you get my point. The painful emotions of both women was too real, and I was happy to read that Tara wanted to talk first, whereas Willow seems to have a one-tracked mind. But who can blame her?

Yvonne:peace

PostPosted: Fri Sep 24, 2004 5:04 am 
Wooo Hooo tail wiggles... and hey what about our Smut Bunny Ranch??? If we create more bunnies i agree to cut u in I think wimpy will agree... I promise or u can :punish me... but i may like it :wink ... i'm off to find Wimpy again *wiggles tail, or better known as the smut bunny dance* Oh yeah i broke my foot today :cry

-reds:willow

Now that just sucks- me

Edited by: WickedReds at: 9/24/04 8:21 pm

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 181 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7  Next