The Kitten, the Witches and the Bad Wardrobe - Willow & Tara Forever

General Chat  || Kitten  || WaV  || Pens  || Mi2  || GMP  || TiE  || FAQ  || Feed - The Kitten, the Witches and the Bad Wardrobe

All times are UTC - 8 hours [ DST ]

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 1984 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2, 3, 4, 5 ... 67  Next
 Post subject: New Fic- Never A Night Like This (AU)
PostPosted: Thu Oct 03, 2002 8:36 pm 
Title: Never A Night Like This

Author: Taras Shadow

Disclaimer: All characters belong to Joss Whedon, ME, UPN…except for Tori, Hadley, Jessica Paris, and Orlando-they belong to me ;)

Pairings: W/T, X/A, B/?, D/? (and a little something on W/JP)

Rating: PG 13 – NC 17. I will give fair warning a head of time. :grin

Summary: Willow is one of the hottest models in the world. When she comes home for her holiday, she meets a nice family that is new to Sunnydale. Can she find love, and continue her much loved career? This is an AU fic. There will be a little angst between some characters, but nothing big for I want to keep the angst issue light. Thoughts are in < > Flashbacks are in **

~*Note: I never used a Beta reader, so I apologize for mistakes I have made and such.

~*~*~*~*~*

Never A Night Like This

~Part 1~

“Mama Please?” A little blonde, with slight curls, asked. She was holding a teen magazine with a red flamey haired model on front.

“Sweetie, when you get a little older, I will buy you a magazine. But for now, mama only has enough money for these groceries.” Said the older female, holding a basket full of bread, milk, butter, juice, pasta, flour, and sugar.

Tara Maclay is a single mother; she had her daughter, Hadley, when she was sixteen, fairly young. Now at twenty-one she struggles with trying to get a higher education by to take night classes every weeknight, when UC Sunnydale opens, and is also holding down a job as a waitress five days a week to support her family. Allowing the weekends for getting caught up on her studies, and spending time with her little girl, and her younger sister Victoria, but prefers to be called Tori.

Tori lives with Tara and Hadley. She works most weekends at the mall in a small café, and will be attending her senior year at Sunnydale High. Tori would love to help out her older sister by looking after Hadley every night of the week while the blond attends night classes.

“But mama, Auntie Tori buys them!” Hadley pouted.

“Yes baby I know, but Auntie Tori uses her own extra spending money.” Tara smiled. They were standing in the checkout line. “And she’ll be in high school where she can read a little more words.”

“I can read!” Hadley pouted more, crossing her small arms over her chest.

“You can. How about we wait for my next pay check, you and I will go shopping for some cute books.” Her mother replied.

“This is a CUTE book, with an extra CUTE model!” Hadley smiled brightly, wiggling her eyebrows up and down at her mother. Her mother shook her head smiling before getting some money out. Hadley heard a giggle behind her she swung around only to find herself eye to eye with a green eyed beauty.

“Hey there.” The woman said kneeling to be at eye level with the short blonde. Tara was oblivious, as she was next in line.

“Hi.” Hadley smiled shyly.

The woman noticed the future beauty dancing in the big blue eyes in front of her. “You’re very pretty.” She smiled.

“As are you…” Hadley bit her small, but full, bottom lip.

“Why thank you, I’m Willow by the way.” The red hair woman shook the tiny hand in front of her.

“Hadley.” The small girl smiled brightly.

Willow smiled back. “You must be smart for your age…how old are you?”

“Four, my birthday is next week.”

“Wow, five! That’s a very important age.”

“It is?” Hadley’s eyes went big with excitement.

“Oh yeah. I bet you start school this year.” Willow dug in her purse for some change.

“Yes, grade one. I am so excited. Mama taught me how to count to 30.” The little blonde bounced up and down.

“Mama must be a good teacher.” Willow extended her hand and gave Hadley a dollar. “This is for being a good girl and listening to her. It’s not everyday I meet one special girl who doesn’t put up a fight for wanting something they can’t have. And I do meet a lot of people.” Willow laughed lightly.

“But I do want the magazine…you’re on the cover. You make it cute!” Hadley pouted a little before smirking.

The intelligent girl in front of her impressed Willow.

“Hadley Maria Maclay.” Tara spoke softly trying to grad her daughter’s attention.

“Yes Mama?”

“Where’d you go? I’ve been calling you. Sweetie, the line moved forward, let the nice lady pay for her items.” Tara took the small hand into hers. It wasn’t until then, when she noticed a very beautiful and familiar red head eye to eye with her.

“Mama, she’s the cute model.” Hadley squealed with delight.

Willow let out a soft laugh. “Hi, I’m Willow.”

Tara smirked. “Tara.” The blonde extended her hand and gently shook Willow’s.

“Um, wow, I love the name…. Tara. It’s so…you. Short and sweet, oh, not that you’re short, because, hello, I am shorter, I just meant…ugh!” The red head looked down at the short blonde, who was giggling. “And what are laughing at?” A small smile pulled at her lips.

“Auntie Tori was right. She read that when you get nervous you tend to babble.” Hadley laughed. Both Tara and Willow were a little amused by the young child’s laughter. “OH Mama, can we buy these books now? Willow can autograph them? Please? I won’t ever ask again. I will give Willow’s dollar back, because I think I am being very selfish. See, we can get two, and Auntie Tori will love you forever!!”

“Hadley, I told you, I don’t have much money. And you thought Willow babbled.” Tara smiled warmly at Willow, letting her know she was kidding.

“Hey, it’s fine. Here,” Willow picked up two magazines. “They’re on me.”

“Willow, you really shouldn’t.” Tara smiled sweetly.

“I want too. It’s really nice to meet younger fans, especially ones like your daughter, very smart and beautiful…” Willow captivated Tara’s eyes, “Just like her mother.”

Tara blushed putting her head down.

“I have a black marker in my car.” Willow shifted the mood a bit, but smiling inside knowing that she just made the tall blonde blush. “So, if you follow me out, I can sign these.” She said walking out of the market.

Hadley and Tara followed the red head out to a black corvette, with a liscence plate that read “REDSUN”

“Wow, cool wheels Willow.” Hadley ran ahead and slipped her small hand into the red heads.

“Thank you, it was a Christmas present last year. It was from an old friend. She knows I only celebrate Christmas when I am home. I’m Jewish, and Wiccan.” Willow mini-babbled to the little girl.

“Wiccan? We’re Wiccan!” Hadley squeezed the willowhand in excitement.

“Really?” Willow looked at Tara, who smiled and nodded her head. “Wow, that’s great. Finally someone I can talk to about this when the holidays come around.”

“Oh…you live here?” Tara stood beside Willow, watching her struggle with unlocking the door manually. Tara took it upon herself to help out Willow. She leaned into her, and lightly placed her hands over Willow’s, pushing the unlock button on the key chain. Willow blushed at least three shades of red when she heard the ‘click’.

“Thanks.” She breathed and smiled as Tara gave a small but barely noticeable squeeze to her hand before withdrawing. “And yeah, born and raised.” Willow had to fight the urge to place a soft kiss and the soft hand the just helped her. “Sunnydale isn’t exactly a big town. So I am sure we’ll see each other again.” The red head grabbed her marker. “Hadley, I want you to tell your mama that bright children need to read a little more. Although, reading a teen magazine isn’t exactly she expected form her almost-five-tear-old daughter. And you have plenty of time to grab a boys attention.” Willow smiled handing the two autograph magazines to Tara.

“Boys?” Hadley smiled. “I like this one boy, but since we moved here just last month, I haven’t seen him in a while.”

“Sweetie, we’ll invite Jacob over soon ok?” Tara ran her fingers through her daughter’s curls.

“Ok.” Hadley smiled at her mother, and then jumped up indicating that she wanted to be held.

“Well, I should get home.” Willow softly spoke, watching the love between mother and daughter flow around them. “I have to get dinner started before my friends show up.”

“Oh, ok…u, thank you so much for…” Tara managed to balance Hadley in her arms, while holding up two magazines. “These. It was very sweet of you.”

“You’re very much welcome.” Willow leaned in to hug Hadley, who had her arms wide-open waiting for the red head to embrace her. She managed to slip one arm around the taller blonde’s neck, pulling her in as well. “Oh!” She pulled back, smiling wide. “Why don’t you, Hadley, and Tori come for dinner at my place. It’ll be like a warm welcome dinner from me to you…three. And, I will not take no for an answer.”

“Well if I don’t have any other option, then I guess we’re there.” Tara grinned.

“Great! Here’s my address, and number. My friends will love to meet all of you. Is sixish ok?” Willow wrote the information a Tara’s palm. She grinned to herself.

“Six will be fine.” Tara licked her lips, and then bit on her bottom lip.

Willow grabbed Hadley’s hand. “See you then. And I can’t wait to get to know you Hadley, maybe you and your Auntie Tori can help me understand why people love to hear and spread gossip in Hollywood.”

“It’ll be our pleasure Willow.” Hadley placed a small kiss on Willow’s hand. Tara and Hadley watched as the black vehicle drove away. “Mama?” Hadley asked putting her head down on her mother’s shoulder.

“Yes sweetie?” Tara asked reaching their small beat up beige vehicle. She opened the passenger side door, placing the small body on the seat, and buckled her up before retreating to her side of the vehicle.

“You felt it right?” Hadley asked, her eyes large with excitement, and hope. “The energy, the power…the connection that came from her?”

Tara thought about it. “Yes baby…I did.”

~*~*~*~*~

~Holly~

Show me where to touch[/i] Tara- It Aint Fickle

Edited by: maudmac  at: 10/2/03 9:31 pm

Post subject: Re: New Fic- Never A Night Like This (AU)
PostPosted: Thu Oct 03, 2002 8:38 pm 
Awwww cool this is cute :D

Are we gonna hear the story how Tara got Hadley???

Really cool start :) Keep doing what you're doing ;) Please :)

----------------------

'I go online sometimes, but everyone's spelling is really bad..it's depressing' - Tara

PostPosted: Thu Oct 03, 2002 8:45 pm 
nice start :) keep them updates coming! ;)

"Es ist fuer einen Menschen unertraeglich, ertragen zu werden." (Jean Cocteau)
"Ain't never gonna love you any better babe - And they'll never gonna love you right" (Kozmic Blues - Janis Joplin)

PostPosted: Thu Oct 03, 2002 9:03 pm 
Wow, very interesting start to this story.

The girls just meet, and Tara already has a little one.

Looking forward to more.

BV

"In front of total strangers won't you kiss me, Flowers for no reason but you miss me - OOH, I wanna be in love"

Melissa Etheridge-Skin

PostPosted: Thu Oct 03, 2002 9:08 pm 
That was brilliant! I love the idea, it's unique and exciting. I can't wait to see where this is going. I like how Tara has a child and the connection between them all.

I can't wait for the next part, I'm really enjoying this. :)

Caz

Tara: I got so lost
Willow: I found you... I will always find you

PostPosted: Thu Oct 03, 2002 9:10 pm 
I just love this!! Willow a model?? Wow!! I love AU fics so keep it coming. Love Tara's daughter also. Hope Tori is as nice as Tara.

-Trinity-

--------------------------
Passion is the source of our finest moments. The joy of love, the clarity of hatred, and the ecstacy of grief. It hurts sometimes more than we can bare. If we can live without passion maybe we'd know some peace. But we'd be hollow, empty rooms, shuttered, and dank, With out passion we'd truly be dead. ANGEL in "Passion"

PostPosted: Thu Oct 03, 2002 10:05 pm 
Pretty cool idea!! :clap :bounce !!

I can't wait for the next update!! :)

Tara:"Maybe we dreamed it."

Willow:"Right. Right. Wrong! (points at her head ) Different Brains." Tara:"Oh yeah."

"You could at least say sorry, rude-o!"

PostPosted: Thu Oct 03, 2002 10:16 pm 
:wave great story! is she still going to have Buffy and Xander for friends???

and Hadly is so cute!

-Will

"Hear that baby? You're my always."

"well, you know, when you play a lesbian witch you've gotta get killed in this fun kind of exciting way, so the heart was the way to go..."

"we have the most amazing fans though they LOVE us."

PostPosted: Thu Oct 03, 2002 10:20 pm 
I've completely fallen in love with this fic. Hadley is sooooo cute!! Tara's a mummy, Will's a model. Wow. Interesting idea. Me likes. :grin s Please update soon!! :pray

~ Jen :peace

Post subject: Update! Part ~2~
PostPosted: Fri Oct 04, 2002 12:14 am 
Thank you everyone for the nice feed back!!

Little M-Yes you are going to hear how Hadley became Tara's little one. And thank you, cuteness is much needed ;)

IsayAmberBensonsgorgeous-Can I say first of all, that your name kicks!! I love it. It's so true! :D And I'll try to keep those updates coming as mush as possible. Thanks!

barnabasvamp-Thank you. I like the set-up. I know Tara having a child and just meeting Willow is kinda...weird, but everythings good.! I hope...:D

Centauri2002-Brilliant me?...:blush Thanks a million :grin Unique and exciting too? Caz, making me blush here. Thank you a lot. I hope this fic can still remain unique and exciting though. I'm working on each update as I go, so come back, and tell me what you think. :wink

XWickedXWiccan-I'm glad you love Trinity! And Willow a model, pretty...:wink . She's the sexiest 'gay' model. I too love AU fics, they are always so interesting. And as for Tori, she was basically raised by Tara, so yea, Tori is a nice young lady.

snuggle79- :bounce . Thank you so much. This idea came to me out of nowhere. I was sitting in English class, and instead of doing work, I decided to write a fic, and that happened to be on Willow and Tara! :D

willntlover- Willow may be a model, but by no means is she going to forget her family;) All the scoobies are still down with the scoob vibe. Friendship is a big part in this pic. And thanks Will...you great! :D And Hadley is also a big part, and her cuteness.

Ginner WTluv-Really...fallin in love :blush ! Why thank you Jen! Hadley is cute isn't she. Willow is a model, very different, this I know. And Tara a mummy...she has the natural nature for being a mum, I just had to make her one to shape out her character a little more. :wink . I hope it all works though!!

So here we go with Part 2!

Disclaimer: All characters belong to Joss Whedon, ME, UPN…except for Tori, Hadley, Jessica Paris, and Orlando-they belong to me ;)

Summary: Willow is one of the hottest models in the world. When she comes home for her holiday, she meets a nice family that is new to Sunnydale. Can she find love, and continue her much loved career? This is an AU fic. There will be a little angst between some characters, but nothing big for I want to keep the angst issue light. Thoughts are in < > Flashbacks are in **

~*~*~*~*~

~Part 2~

The sun was ready to say goodnight to the world, until another day. It peeked through the blinds and curtains, light streaming through the kitchen of Willow’s home. When the red head got home, and quickly cleaned up her already-clean house. She managed to make her place a little Hadley friendly. Placing all her candles above on higher shelves and mantles.

A small black lab puppy came running in the living room area, jumpy on the couch. “Brady! Off the couch, you know better than that.” The red head laughed as her small puppy yawn, and let out a small bark. “Come Brady, mommy’s got a treat.” The puppy followed the Wiccan into the kitchen.

“Hello?” A female voice yelled through the screen door on the wrap around porch.

“In the kitchen.” Willow answered. “There you go Brady.” She put down a bowl of food and water.

“Hey Wills, what’s with the flushed cheeks?” Buffy asked walking in setting some home made salad on the island counter.

“Oh, I have been cleaning. You know, company and all.” Willow replied, putting her hair up in a ponytail. “Plus, little Brady here, kept jumping on the couch when she knows she’s not suppose too.”

“Bad Brady.” Buffy smiled, and bent down to pat the puppy on the head. “Mommy Willow is hiding something from me, and I wanna know what it is. But she’s never cleaned house for us before. What do you say?”

*Ruff* Brady barked.

“So spill.” Dawn said behind Willow.

“There’s nothing to spill. I am just cleaning because I have company coming over for dinner.” Willow sat down on a stool. She saw the quizzical looks on the Summer’s girls faces. “I mean, aside from you guys. I met this woman…”

“Oh…now you have to spill.” Buffy sat on a stool beside her best friend, while Dawn hopped up on the counter beside the sink area.

“…And her daughter.” Willow finished. “They are new in town, and I thought I’d give them a nice welcome. Her name is Tara, and the little girls name is Hadley. I never met Tara’s sister, but she’s coming with them. So when Xander, Anya, and Giles get here, can you help them with getting things together.”

“Daughter?” Dawn asked somewhat sad for some reason.

“Yeah, but still…”Willow started.

“You like Tara.” Buffy finished.

“Yeah…there’s something about her, and Hadley, I just couldn’t shake the comfortable feeling she gave to me, they gave to me.” Willow got up, and grabbed a bottle of water from the fridge, offering the sisters one too. “I’m gonna go for a shower. Dawnie, can you let Brady out in the backyard after she’s done eating?” Willow smiled as Dawn nodded. “Thanks. I won’t be long.”

“Where are we going for supper?” Tori asked her sister. She swept her long light brunette hair back in a ponytail. After inspecting it for a minute, she scrunched up her nose, and pulled it back out.

“Tori, your hair looks beautiful up.” Tara smiled as she watched her younger sister play with the long locks.

“Thanks Tare, but I want to keep it down tonight.” She turned and looked at her sister, then smirked. “Where are we going tonight?” Tori asked again.

“Oh mama, can I tell her, please?” Little Hadley bounced into her Aunties bedroom.

“Not yet. I want to talk to your Aunt first, ok?” Tara smiled at her daughter, and picked her up hugging her. “Besides, if it comes from you, she might get all jealous.” She whispered in her daughters’ ear before placing a kiss on the tiny forehead. Hadley nodded silently grinning at Tori.

“Ok, am I gonna have to beg or something?” Tori asked getting a little frustrated and impatient.

“Fine. Tori, Hadley and I met someone today, she was very nice and sweet. Especially to Hadley.” Tara thought about the red head, and couldn’t help but smile at the way her daughter and Willow connected so much.

“Goddess Tara, how many times do I have to tell you to stop using your cute little girl to pick up chicks?” Tori laughed picking up her brush and started brushing her hair.

“She doesn’t use me!” Hadley stuck her tongue out, then looked at her mama with confused eyes, “Do you?”

“No sweetie. I’d never…your Auntie Tori is just jealous because no one’s hit on her yet. Besides, isn’t it you she takes to the mall and makes you sing or giggle when attractive people walk around?” Tara raised a curious eyebrow, smirking.

“No way!” Tori looked hurt, but then laughed. “Fine, sometimes. But I haven’t done it since we moved here.”

“OK. Anyways…as I was saying, we met someone, and she invited us over for dinner, to welcome us into the town.” Tara got up and walked into the living room, grabbing Hadley’s little packsack. When she returned, she gave it to Hadley, and nodded her head to hand the magazine to her sister.

Hadley’s tiny hand disappeared into the bag, and a grin appeared on her face when she pulled out the books. “Now don’t freak ok?” She said before handing the specially autographed magazine to Tori.

Tori took one look at it, and then screamed. “Oh. My. Goddess.” She was in shock. “When? I mean…WHEN?” She looked up at her older sister, who just grinned, matching the grin on the little blondes face.

“Earlier at the Market. Hadley and I were waiting in line, and she happened to be waiting behind us.” Tara watched Tori taking this all in. “So, she invited us to her place for supper.”

“This isn’t a funny joke Tara.” Tori said, not really believing her ears. “We are actually going to Willow Rosenberg’s for supper?” She looked down at her niece.

Hadley giggled, “It’s true Auntie Tori, Mama accepted the invite.”

“Now get ready quickly, we should be there in thirty minutes.” Tara said smiling as her and her daughter left an awestruck Tori to finish getting ready.

“That was priceless mama, the look on her face.” Hadley laughed before running to get her pretty white shoes on.

“It was.” Tara grinned slightly then it quickly turned into a frown. “What am I going to wear?” She asked herself almost in minor panic.

~*~*~*~*

~Holly~

Show me where to touch you- Tara-It Ain't Fickle

Post subject: Re: Update! Part ~2~
PostPosted: Fri Oct 04, 2002 12:38 am 
Love the update. I want a Hadley. She's soooooo cute. :grin I loved Tori's reaction when she found out they were going to Willow's. Funny. :D Can't wait for the next update. This fic is great!

****It's a damn cold night

Trying to figure out this life

Won't you take me by the hand

Take me somewhere new

I don't know who you are but I

I'm with you****Avril Lavigne~I'm With You~

PostPosted: Fri Oct 04, 2002 1:26 am 
Oh! I realy like this fic! so far so good, please continue!

PostPosted: Fri Oct 04, 2002 1:38 am 
Awwww I just Love it!! Nice lil idea bout Willow bein a hott model and everything!! :grin I Love Hadley... soo adorable!! :grin

Tori using Hadley to attract attractive ppl well that prolly works like a charm i'm sure!! Worked 4 Tara!! :) Really lookin 4ward to this dinner! :D I know it will go great!! :)

~Ashley~

Willow: We can come by between classes. Usually I use that time to copy over my class notes with a system of different colored pens. But it's been pointed out to me that that's, you know... insane.
Tara: I said quirky.

PostPosted: Fri Oct 04, 2002 1:45 am 
yay :bounce update :bounce

i really like the story :) looking forward to the next update and thanks for the compliment, but Amber does all the always being gorgeous and yummy and beautiful and ... ok, you know what i mean :grin

"Es ist fuer einen Menschen unertraeglich, ertragen zu werden." (Jean Cocteau)
"Ain't never gonna love you any better babe - And they'll never gonna love you right" (Kozmic Blues - Janis Joplin)

PostPosted: Fri Oct 04, 2002 1:52 am 
Quote:
“This isn’t a funny joke Tara.” Tori said, not really believing her ears. “We are actually going to Willow Rosenberg’s for supper?” She looked down at her niece.

Hadley giggled, “It’s true Auntie Tori, Mama accepted the invite.”

“Now get ready quickly, we should be there in thirty minutes.” Tara said smiling as her and her daughter left an awestruck Tori to finish getting ready.

“That was priceless mama, the look on her face.” Hadley laughed before running to get her pretty white shoes on.

“It was.” Tara grinned slightly then it quickly turned into a frown. “What am I going to wear?” She asked herself almost in minor panic.

ROFL. Omg that was funny. Hadley is so cute. Wish the kids I use to baby-sat were like her.

-Trinity-

Passion is the source of our finest moments. The joy of love, the clarity of hatred, and the ecstacy of grief. It hurts sometimes more than we can bare. If we can live without passion maybe we'd know some peace. But we'd be hollow, empty rooms, shuttered, and dank, With out passion we'd truly be dead. ANGEL in "Passion"

PostPosted: Fri Oct 04, 2002 5:41 am 
Taras Shadow, hey, I wrote you an email, please reply also, if you don't get it, please mail me xita@xita.org.

- - - - - - - - - - - -
Tara and Willow

Accept NO subsitutes

PostPosted: Fri Oct 04, 2002 5:42 am 
A good start to a very cute story. I can't wait to find out more about This Tara.

Tara: My heart doesn't stutter.

Tara: Willow, I got so lost.
Willow: I found you. I will always find you.

Willow: Hi, um Tara. I was wondering maybe you want to go out some time for coffee? food? Kisses and gay love?

PostPosted: Fri Oct 04, 2002 6:08 am 
I LOVE THIS STORY:grin

I must know how Tara had a baby if she likes girls..:confused

Anyhoo...i loved both parts. Hadley is sooo cute. Exactly like my niece that i get to babysit everyday:D

cant wait for more:grin

*****Faye*****

PostPosted: Fri Oct 04, 2002 7:35 am 
awww.....very cool start! Hadley is sooo cute!

and Willow as a model :thud ok I can definitely see that!

more soon please

ICE

PostPosted: Fri Oct 04, 2002 10:53 am 
Excellent update!! :clap :clap

This story simply rocks! :grin

Quote:
“Goddess Tara, how many times do I have to tell you to stop using your cute little girl to pick up chicks?” Tori laughed picking up her brush and started brushing her hair.

“She doesn’t use me!” Hadley stuck her tongue out, then looked at her mama with confused eyes, “Do you?”

Very funny! :laugh Hadley is just too cute! :)

Willow:"Right. Right. Wrong! (points at her head ) Different Brains." Tara:"Oh yeah."

PostPosted: Fri Oct 04, 2002 3:42 pm 
damnit Faye you're so lucky!! I think I still got dry gum stuck in my hair from before. You're not gonna rub that fact in my face are ya?? Have mercy please!!

-Trinity-

PostPosted: Fri Oct 04, 2002 5:17 pm 
:bounce

ooowww.. this reminds me a bit of "Love Thy Neighbour" which I also liked a LOT.

This AU is normal/real-world like ? (i.e. no vamps and such). The vanity-plate on Willow's car cracked me up for some reason...heh.

Hadley is adorable, though she seem to say an awfull lot and to be very bright for such a young girl. Tori is looking for a girlfriend as well eh?... lotsa possibilities there :)

More background on Tara would also be nice (yeah I'm greedy, I know this:) .. how did she get into this situation ? Kicked out her parents' house when she had Hadley ??

You mention you never used a beta-reader, why not ? (drat, can't send you email or pm.. sorry)

Happilly waiting for more...

Grimmy

"Why w-w-would anyone leave Willow?" It was a concept Tara just could not grasp. -- I Dream of Thee by Jomarch

Post subject: Update! Part ~3~
PostPosted: Fri Oct 04, 2002 9:08 pm 
Again, Thank you everybody for the feed back. :D

You Will get to know how Hadley became Tara's daughter. Warning though, it is a little 'dark', but in the end, when Hadley was welcome to the world, nothing but bright stars appear :wink !

So, here we go!

~*~*~*~*~

~Part 3~

“Check out the busy Wills.” Xander smiled putting down a very heavy box.

“We have company, I need this place to be spotless and child-friendly.” Willow threw the chicken in the oven. “Buff, I thought I asked you guys to help get things in order while I ran and had a shower. Now I am getting all sweaty again, and I don’t like being all sweaty when it comes to looking pretty for someone…I mean, when I just had a shower.” Willow babbled looking at five very amused faces.

“Will,” Anya raised her hand a bit, not really wanting to get her head bitten off by a very frustrating looking red head. She waited until Willow looked at her almost apologetically. “What ever happened to your girlfriend from Canada? I mean, you two were all with the big plans the last time I heard.”

“Anya, baby, did Dawn ever show you the magazine with the very good-looking Canadian model on the front, and the other good-looking red head, that had a big heart ripped shape between them?”

Xander asked carefully.

Jessica Paris, a Canadian actress/model, was introduced to Willow in Hollywood at a party bash two years ago. They went out together and eventually things got a little more serious. The two became Hollywood’s favourite ‘gay’ couple, and when word was out that ‘vows’ were in store for the couple, the media went crazy, invading their already little private life.

This caused a conflict between Willow and Jessica, knowing that they were going to have to part ways eventually. Willow wanted to remain in California or the states close to it because of her family, friends, and the home schooling she does while she’s away from UC Sunnydale. Jessica wanted to head back home to Montreal and stay there with her family and friends. Neither women wanted to part, so they called it off. The tabloids had a field day with all of this, and made up their own stories of why and how they parted.

“Oh yeah!” Anya remembered. “I just read that she was hopefully going to try and work things out with you two. I just got confused.”

“That’s ok. Jess and I had a great year and a half. But it just wouldn’t work. Besides, I’m finally over that, and ready to move on.” Willow slowed down a bit. “See, this Willow is all calm.”

DING DONG

“Oh Goddess, they’re here!” The red head rushed over to the mirror in the foyer, and checked out her hair, and smoothed down her burgundy peasant top, and black skirt. She tried to walk calmly over to the door. Taking a deep breath before opening it. There stood a very beautiful Tara wear a snuggle fit white blouse, with dark denim jeans that hugged every curve perfectly. The little girl was wearing a baby blue dress that matched the same colour as her eyes. Beside her was a young teenager, hair long, about the same length as Dawns, wearing a sweater, and khaki’s.

“Hi Willow!” Hadley stepped forward and hugged the red head, wrapping her tiny arms around her hips. Willow laughed, and picked up the small girl.

“Well hey Hadley, seems like years ago since I last seen you.” Willow grinned, and caught they eye of Tara. “And who are these beautiful women standing out in the almost brisk breeze?”

Hadley giggled. “That’s my mama silly. You met her earlier.” She knew Willow was kidding, but decided to play along anyways. “She does look like a stranger though doesn’t she? Usually she wears her hair up in a sloppy bun, but tonight she looks extra beautiful.”

“She sure does.” Willow replied, “Well…”She looked at Tara and Tori, “You guys gonna come in, or spend the evening out on the porch?” Before Willow could close the screen door, Brady came running in out of nowhere towards Tori and Tara. “Brady! Down!” Willow softly scolded as the puppy jumped up on Tara.

“Oh puppy!” Hadley jumped out of Willow’s arms and went straight to the puppy, who started to lick her all over the tiny face. The giggles of the little girl released some tension and nervousness.

“Tara, you look…amazing.” Willow said finally. “And you,” she turned towards the silent teenager, “must be Tori. I’m Willow.”

“Yeah, I mean, I know. You’re like the greatest ever…I mean, beauty wise. And fashion.” Tori spit out.

“Thank you. Why don’t you ladies come into the living room and make yourselves at home.” Willow took their coats and hung them up. Then trying to urge them forward, she placed her hand on the small of Tara’s back guiding her to the living room.

“Lovely home.” Tara managed to say. “It’s all…warm and cozy.” She turned too look at Willow, causing the red head’s hands to slide around her waist, onto her stomach, and smiled. “Thanks for inviting us for supper.”

Willow swallowed, then noticed Brady jump up on the couch again. “Brady, come on girl.” She walked over to pick up the puppy. “Sorry, she’s kinda loves that couch. Dawn!”

The teenager came running into the living room. “What?”

“Did you tie up Brady, or just put her outside free to roam?” Willow playfully asked.

“I was going to tie her up, but then watching you get all flustered about having a beautiful wo…”The teens mouth was clamped shut by Buffy, who came out after her.

“Sorry, little sisters. Never can live with them or live with out them. This is Dawn,” Buffy released her hand to allow Dawn say a small ‘hi’, “And I’m Buffy, one of Willow’s best friend.”

“Nice to meet you two. I’m Tara, this is Tori, and that little girl who is playing with the pup, is my daughter Hadley.” Tara shook the hands of the Summer girls.

“Yeah mama?” Hadley heard her name and thought she was being called.

“Nothing sweetie, this is Dawn and Buffy, Willow’s friends.” Tara said playing with the blonde curls of her daughter’s.

Hadley smiled, and shook their hands as well. “A pleasure to meet you.”

“Awwww!” Dawn smiled and knelt down to be eye level with the little girl. “Aren’t you just the cutest little girl.”

Hadley blushed and put her head down, allowing her curls to cover her face.

“So, how about we move this into the dining room then. Supper should be ready. Dawn, did you want to help us in the kitchen?” Willow asked. Dawn nodded her head.

“I wanna help to. Can I mama?” Hadley grabbed her Willow’s hand for emphasis.

Tara looked at Willow, and saw the red head nodded. “That’s fine sweetie. Just be good.”

“I’ll help too.” Tori spoke up for the first time since her ‘crazed fan’ stutter. Dawn smile gratefully.

“More help, the better.” Dawn smirked, and watched Tori pick up her niece and followed them into the kitchen.

Buffy stood there quietly with Tara in the foyer. “Why don’t I show you to the dining room."

Introductions were made around the table by the rest of them. Willow had placed herself purposely beside Tara, and Buffy. Hadley sat on the other side of her mother, then Tori, Dawn, Giles, Anya, and Xander.

“So where is it that you lived before?” Anya asked as Willow and Buffy started cleaning the table off. Tara asked to help, but Willow insisted that she was a guest and should remain seated while they get desert.

“Oregon.” Tara answered. “It was a very small town, everyone knew everyone. I know Sunnydale is smaller, but it sure beats Lillian.”

“Mama moved us here because she said that Tori would get a better education and so will I. Plus, it’s a change from Lillian Oregon, and we wouldn’t of met Willow and you guys.” Hadley’s eyes sparkled brightly.

“Oh, you’re going to school here?” Dawn asked Tori.

“Yeah, my senior year. I enrolled earlier today, so Tuesday I begin school at Sunnydale High.”

“Really? Me too! I mean, not my senior year, but sophomore. The school is new too. The old one kinda burnt down. After Buffy, Willow, and Xander graduated.”

“Who graduated?” Willow asked coming in carrying plates and forks for everyone.

“You.” Hadley smiled. “Dawn was telling us about the old school.”

“Right! That school gave me the creeps.” Buffy shuddered at the memories of all the demons that stirred up hell…literally.

“Cake?” Tara asked raising an eyebrow at the red head, smirking.

“Um, yeah. I was going to save it for my dog’s birthday, but then how pathetic would that be. I mean, Brady is just a pup, and chocolates not good for her anyways. I hope you like chocolate…I mean I didn’t even bother to ask…”

“Willow babble.” Tara smiled, reaching over to grab Willow’s hand, squeezing gently, before letting go.

“I can’t believe I just witnessed the nervous Willow babble.” Tori giggled.

Dawn placed a hand on Tori’s shoulder, and leaned in to her ear whispering. “You’ll witness it a lot more now that Tara won her affection.”

“What?” Tori swallowed, trying to forget about the warm breath swirling by her ear.

“Well, Willow doesn’t babble unless she’s nervous right? And she only seems to babble when Tara looks at her with the eyebrow, lop-sided grin thing.” Dawn explained before leaning back into her chair and started to eat her slice of cake.

Tori stared at the brunette for a minute before smiling. “I like you.” She said no trace of shyness.

Dawn smiled. “That’s good to know.”

*~*~*~*~*~*~

Willow slipped outside after hours of talking with everyone. It was getting late, and she wanted to clear her head before heading to L.A. tomorrow for another photo shoot.

“Penny for your thoughts?” Tara asked stepping outside on the porch.

Willow turned her head towards Tara, and let the biggest grin come over her face. “For you, it’s on me.” She scooted up, and patted the empty spot beside her on the porch swing. Tara sat down beside her and shivered at the coldness. Willow ran into the house and grabbed a blanket. Tara smiled as the red head snuggled close so that they could share the small blanket.

“So what are you thinking?” Tara softly asked.

“Stars, and tomorrow’s torturous day.” Willow shifted so that her head was close to Tara’s shoulder.

“Stars are always good to think about. But torturous is never a good word.” Tara closed her eyes smelling the sweet strawberry scent radiating off of Willow. “You do mean stars as in the sky right?” She asked a bit sheepishly.

“Of course. Thinking about all the stars I meet is just…never good. Besides, looking out at the stars here is just so peaceful. That’s why I love coming home on the holidays, stars. In my loft in Beverly Hills, to many lights from the city, that I can’t even see one single one.”

“Oh, you’re only on holiday?” Tara asked quietly.

“Yeah, until after the actual holidays. I gave myself three and a half months off because I needed it. To get away from everything, the camera’s, lights, rowdy people.” Willow sat up and turned towards the blonde. “Which is good because holiday’s means I can show you around Sunnydale. I mean, you’ve lived here for a month already, this I know, but still ever been to the Bronze?”

“No, can’t say I have.” Tara smiled, desperately trying not to reach out pull Willow’s lips close to hers. “Willow?”

“Yeah?”

“Why are you being so nice? It’s not that we don’t appreciate it, it’s just we’re…”

“Strangers?” Willow finished. “Tara, I know, I just met you today. But what and whom I met, I like. And I have a confession to make; I fell in love with your little daughter. She’s amazing, and I meant what I said earlier…you’re both beautiful.” She noticed Tara grinning. “What?”

“And here I thought you were gonna say you fell in love with me.” Tara teased, but blushing as she did so.

“Hmmm…”Willow sat back and just smiled.

“Thank you Will…for everything today.” Tara said as she started a smooth pace with the swing.

“My pleasure. Where is Hadley?” Willow asked realizing that she hasn’t heard the cute little blonde giggle in at least an hour.

“Sleeping. She fell asleep on the couch with Brady.” Tara bit her bottom lip just in case she got Brady in trouble.

“She’s gonna spoil my puppy.” Willow laughed.

“From what I hear from everyone else, you already spoil that puppy.” Tara smirked, she let her hand fall to the nearest spot, which was on Willow’s hand. She felt the red head lace their fingers together.

“Busted!” Willow murmured, trying not pounce on Tara, and kiss her senseless. “You found me out Miss Maclay. How shall I be punished?”

“No punishment.” Tara simply answered. “You’re off the hook because you introduced Tori to Dawn, who are in the spare room, trying to ignore ‘grown-ups’, and Hadley just loves you, and you’re little dog too.” Tara finished the end of her sentence by tickling Willow around her torso. Willow tried to get away, laughing hard, but no use, the ticklish sense was no longer that ticklish, it was more of a warm touch.

“Why don’t you three stay here tonight?” Willow asked out of nowhere. Tara was now curled up beside her trying to catch her breath, with her hand looped into Willow’s.

“I shouldn’t. I wouldn’t want to impose.”

“Pfft!” Willow turned her head so that they were almost nose-to-nose. “I have a three spare rooms Tara. You can pick anyone you’d like.”

“I don’t know…”

“Please?” Willow begged. “I’d have to worry about you getting home safely. Hadley’s already sleeping, I have a lot of extra clothes here for you, Tori, and Hadley. I mean, you and Tori can raid my closer, and I have my old kid clothes for Hadley. Please?”

“You really want me to stay don’t you.” Tara saw care ness in the emerald orbs.

“Yeah…” Willow leaned in, and her lips met Tara’s. It was very brief, before they were interrupted.

“Tara!”

~*~*~*~*~*

I will be putting up part 4 tonight, and possibly part 5.

Hope you liked.

~Holly~

Show me where to touch you- Tara-It Ain't Fickle

Post subject: Re: Update! Part ~3~
PostPosted: Fri Oct 04, 2002 9:54 pm 
Oh wow fantastic fic so far...talk about thrall?! Hmm I love the idea of Willow being a model...in nearly every magazine...looking all sexy *goes off to own little world* ok back now. Great chapter...or chapters cos I had to read them all :D Cant wait to read more and DAMN THE INTERUPTION! He he!

:peace Aly xxxx

You all didnt happen to do a bunch of drugs did ya?

PostPosted: Fri Oct 04, 2002 10:22 pm 
This is such great fic so far! I'm absolutely loving it!! I agree with Ally02 about Willow being a world famous sexy model! Mmmmmm!!

Hadley is soooooo sweet and just how I imagine Tara's daughter to be! Can't wait to see how the story develops! It'll be cool to see Willow, Tara & Hadley a happy family! *hint hint!* ;) hehehe!

Love to all Kitties!

Em xXXXx

AMBER: It's been really interesting because, you know, I've never stuck my tongue in a girl's mouth before!

PostPosted: Fri Oct 04, 2002 10:32 pm 
Ooooo VERY Goooooood!! Loved the update! :bounce The dinner went great, i knew it would!! So excited bout the lil sleppover!! And the smooch was friggin great! Whoever interupted is grrr... :evil Well I definitely can't wait to read more! :)

~Ashley~

Willow: We can come by between classes. Usually I use that time to copy over my class notes with a system of different colored pens. But it's been pointed out to me that that's, you know... insane.
Tara: I said quirky.

PostPosted: Fri Oct 04, 2002 11:57 pm 
Awesome!! :D :clap

What a nice dinner and they kissed! yay!!

But who the hell interrupted them!!??

And is it just me, or is there something going on between Dawn and Tori? :hmm

PostPosted: Sat Oct 05, 2002 1:58 am 
Ahhhhhhh!! That was soooooooooo mean!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

PostPosted: Sat Oct 05, 2002 2:05 am 
:bounce MORE :bounce MORE :bounce MORE :bounce MORE :bounce MORE :bounce MORE :bounce

-Trinity- :grin

PostPosted: Sat Oct 05, 2002 2:13 am 
Ah!! Must have update!! Cliffhangers bad!! Fic very good though;) Who interrupted them? Is Tara gonna stay the night? Is it just me, or are Tori and Dawn getting friendly?;) Could Hadley get any cuter?! Okay.... gonna stop asking questions now.... :grin I need an update.... i've developed a full blown addiction to this fic.... you think they have some sort of group for that? Like AA? :hmm

Anyway, can't wait for the next part:D

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 1984 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2, 3, 4, 5 ... 67  Next