The Kitten, the Witches and the Bad Wardrobe - Willow & Tara Forever

General Chat  || Kitten  || WaV  || Pens  || Mi2  || GMP  || TiE  || FAQ  || Feed - The Kitten, the Witches and the Bad Wardrobe

All times are UTC - 8 hours [ DST ]

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 684 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 19, 20, 21, 22, 23  Next
 Post subject: Re: Chapter 37
PostPosted: Tue Mar 04, 2003 2:45 am 
Woo and Hoo. This Chapter was wonderful. You write the girls so great fears, insecurities, love, all of it.

The headstone part was great you really showed Willow in a caring light. The part about Willow owing her for Tara was my favoite. I almost got all weepy and lost my tough girl persona can't have that.:no Just kidding I LOVE this fic!

Gotta love 'R' rated talking. Plus the I though you were gonna say magic part. If I keep going on about everything I love than I'm gonna start sounding like Willow.

:clap :clap :clap

PostPosted: Tue Mar 04, 2003 7:31 am 
:love :willow :heart :tara

*the puddle of goop that was LadyCallie smiles her thanks at Osiris from the floor*

Glub glub.

-LC

~*~

RealLiveTara is my RealLiveGirlfriend! *swoons*

"It doesn't have to be a really frenchish french, I just wanna feel your tongue."- my girlfriend last night.

"I don't wanna come out of the closet. All my clothes are in there!" -Me

PostPosted: Tue Mar 04, 2003 11:37 pm 
Urn of Osiris: GREAT update, I absolutely loved what Willow did for Tara, that was just so great and so loving. I also loved the talk that Willow and Tara had while they were sitting down, and Willow is right again it will be enough for Patrick, he will know what a loving home is, because of Tara and also because of Willow, again just great. I can't wait to read more.

Lonewolf

PostPosted: Wed Mar 05, 2003 7:29 am 
:clap

*huge sigh*

that was so sweet! :heart

Rai

PostPosted: Fri Mar 07, 2003 8:54 am 
Most darling and wonderful Urnieleh,

Where to begin with the wonders that are you? I could gush for hours (as you well know) but I suppose this is supposed to be about the update... ahh well!!:rolleyes I shall gush later!!:grin

oy!! you gorgeous thang! How did you know that seedcake is my favorite thing in the whole world!? It's so wonderful and VERY tasty!! (two can play at that game!:smug )

Ok, update, Urnie, this was truly one of those amazing updates that bring tears and smiles and tiny little sighs, both happy and sad. It takes a brilliant writer like you to accomplish this!

I love how when you write Willow and Tara, they ARE seperate entities, with seperate lives and pasts and minds, two seperate entities that COULD exist alone, but together they blend amazingly, boosting the other when it's needed, being the voice of reason, they comunicate on a level far beyond words. The love they share is evident in every breath they take and word they say. It's a beautiful thing to see and thank you so much for sharing it!

The silent strength in both Willow and Tara is really very breath-taking, as we see them struggle with problems, all the while trying to be strong for the other.

Quote:
“Well now this is territory I know from experience.” The redhead sat between her wife’s legs. “Being a mother Tara is more than a title. I should know I grew up with mostly a title. I mean I had the person but the person wasn’t so much a factor for me, you know, with the whole Moo thing in high school and the disappearance through my college years and then really she hasn’t been around, like ever.” Her hands rubbed back and forth across her lover’s thighs. “So I do have a mother but in title only. So I know from experience that there is so much more to being a mother.”

To be wise, one does not necissarily have to be the smartest or the most down to earth.

Quote:
“Oh Will. After so many years I have learned to read between the lines and get the message of your brilliant ramblings.” She kissed her wife tenderly. “You are an amazing mother.”

*sniffles* every action and every word is their love for each other. It goes beyond the everyday to a place that only they know.

I loved the gift Willow got for Tara, and mostly for her mom.

There is such beauty in that action...

Everything that you portray in them, from the simple outward love to the deep deep soul entertwined bond they share... I don't know how to even put it, but then I think that you did it best anyway...

Quote:
“All of those things are magic.”

they SURE are!

all wonder aside...

URNIEEEEEEE

Quote:
Willow pouted at the profession. “Stealing thunder!”

Tara tilted her head with confusion. “What sweetie?”

“You stole my thunder.” She smiled half playing yet still quite serious. “I was all with the moms are great thing here and you went and took my climactic ending. Shame on you.”

Playfully Tara leaned toward her wife, kissing her softly on the forehead. “I’m sorry sweetie. I’ll sit here quietly while you climax.”

*shakes her head*

Urnie, Urnie, Urnie

there is something so totally you in those lines! I must tell you that after reading this update, I am now convinced that you are totally G rated! can you EVER forgive my doubts!?!?!?:paranoid

Thanks for the amazing update Moosieleh!

MWA!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Love from one of your most adoring fans!

Rach

~*@.......We are the weirdest person in the world.......@*~

PostPosted: Mon Mar 10, 2003 4:20 am 
Wow that was just...just...I mean...sigh...no words suffice...:clap

PostPosted: Mon Mar 10, 2003 7:08 am 
Hey Sharon...this is me dropping in from the craziness that is real life lately to compliment you again...because I like being redundant.:grin ...on yet another wonderful chapter.

I remain truly amazed that even with the adventures in your life you still find the time to dazzle all your loyal kitten fans with this wonderful tale. I loved the new grave marker, and I totally get Willow owing Tara's Mom...Totally!

And yes...the idea of Tara sitting by while Willow climaxed made me laugh...cause yeah that would happen.:p

Can't wait to see what happens next. Thanks so much for writing this.

-E

PostPosted: Mon Mar 10, 2003 9:58 pm 
Hehe Urnie lol I finally made it :D I’m all updated :lol

And what can I say except for: SHEESH :bounce

That was awesome! :grin Your such a talented writer and wow, sheesh :lol *tries to breath in some air* :thud

Anyway, I loved it Urnie :) Thanks so much for writing :D Can’t wait for the update :)

:peace –Viv-

I'm just a sweet transvestite

From Transsexual, Transylvania.

- Rocky Horror Picture Show

PostPosted: Mon Mar 10, 2003 11:18 pm 
Holy shizzle, I almost went right past this update! :p Happy I found it... it was so moving at the beginning w/ Tara's moms' grave sight -- awww it was just so sweet! Vey beautiful... I'm SO glad it wasn't anything bad!! :)

Loved the talk about Patrick... Willow is so sweet sometimes, I love her and Tara's chats! Patrick will definitely be loved and cared for by them... I'm glad he has them! :)

I can't wait for more, Urn! :)

~Ashley~

Willow: We can come by between classes. Usually I use that time to copy over my class notes with a system of different colored pens. But it's been pointed out to me that that's, you know... insane.

Tara: I said quirky.

Post subject: Re: Chapter 36/37
PostPosted: Tue Mar 11, 2003 3:35 am 
Willow is simply amazing. What a sweetheart:love . Tara’s mother would be so proud.

I’m so glad they decided on taking Patrick in and have him join the family. There is no doubt in my mind that with all their love and support Patrick will be just fine.

Abbey was so cute with Willow. I loved their conversation together about Patrick. Abbey and Patrick are incredibly lucky to have two great moms.

This story has been wonderful and a pleasure to read. Thanks Urn.:clap

Patty

PostPosted: Mon Mar 17, 2003 4:44 am 
Urnie....

Quote:
"He’ll be a living example of love. He’ll see it every day. He’ll know how to give it and accept it despite all the anger he has witnessed.”

I am officially in love with chapter 37.

I loved the scene at the graveyard with their family. It was such a beautiful way to show how far their love and understanding of each other goes. The way Willow thanked Tara's mother for giving her to her... "sniffles" Wow, powerful stuff.

OMG you used my favorite phrase AND followed it differectly with a rating bump. :dance :clap You're awesome!!!

Thank you so much :grin

Edited by: vix84 at: 3/17/03 6:46:20 pm

PostPosted: Tue Mar 18, 2003 8:58 pm 
*nods enthusiastically*

here here!

*offers Urnie a falafel ball*

MWA!!!!!!!

Post subject: My Second unhappy reply on this site.
PostPosted: Thu Apr 10, 2003 4:15 am 
:sigh WOW, what has changed in your life...your website...your pictures...hope it's good "stuff" whatever it is. Your fic ,"The Look of Love" was the first fic I started on this site and got me hooked on the Pens because you spoiled me with your almost daily updates. Your's was the standard I judged all others by, ...so how come you have treated this beautiful heartwarming story so poorly? Surely you plan to finish it sometime before Abbey graduates from college ! I hope that is not too harsh, but it is a shame to abandon such a thoughtful, loving, intelligent story. A quick end is better than no end.

Post subject: Thank You
PostPosted: Thu Apr 10, 2003 7:38 am 
Dear Urn Of Osiris,

I personally wanted to thank you for showing me that after these past 27years of life I’ve lived that the one thing I never thought I had was always there to begin with and that’s that I HAVE PATIENCE!!!

Yay me.:clap

ANYWAY. I’ve loved your story so much and I’m sure I’ve made that clear in past post’s, but just a quick reminder to you, is that I’m willing to wait as long as it takes for the next update. Your story is beautiful and incredibly inspiring and something like just can’t be rushed.

Thank you and I hope everything is well.

Patty

Post subject: Re: Thank You
PostPosted: Sun Apr 13, 2003 11:20 am 
urn! I caught up! I read this all this weekend. I am so happy I did now because god this was an angst fest and I would have pulled my hair out and then all I would have now would be gray hairs. So I think it all worked out best for me this way. Donnie is a beast and I know I wouldn't have been as forgiving as Tara. Poor Patty :) , they'll take care of him and make sure he grows up with love. Thanks for the major ride :) Oh and I got the last cliffhanger, I knew it wasn't bad things, I just knew it! Willow really knows how to do the right thing and she really did there.

-----------------------------------

Only 50 cents

Post subject: Re: Thank You
PostPosted: Wed Apr 16, 2003 2:18 pm 
Good day all!

Currently working on the next chapter. I know I told you that it would be the last one but I lied. I have one more following #38. Seems I just can't let go of the story.

I've paged through the reviews and WOW all of you are amazingly supportive and I'd love to keep this all going. Thank you so much for reading and leaving feedback. It's fuel for this writer. I have enjoyed sharing this story with all of you. I realize that the updates seemed to spread out here toward the end but life has a way of forcing priorities.

I love this place called Pens!! The writers here keep a beating heart in one of the greatest love stories ever told. In my opinion!! One or two of you might agree.

So if you will forgive me and my laziness I shall thank you all so very much for reading. The feedback for the other chapters was incredible and as most of your questions have been answered I'll just humbly thank you all for reading.

I expect to post chapter 38 some time in the next day. It's been to the beta and is ready for editing.

I've got a little COW shaped birthday to attend. *blows noise maker*

I'm thinking that it might be a great present to her to get a chapter on her birthday. *blows noise maker*

Thank you, all of you wonderful Kittens!!

Urn of Osiris
__________________**
Peace is not the absence of conflict; it's the absence of inner conflict. Unknown

Post subject: Re: Hmmmmmmmm
PostPosted: Thu Apr 17, 2003 5:20 am 
Great to hear from you Sharon, I was beginning to worry that something icky ate you. Delighted to see that that isn't true. :p

So (YEY! :party ) there's another chapter coming and then ANOTHER after that!!! Whoohwooo! :party :read :party So that would be hhmmmmmm..... 39 chapters for this fic? Yes.....hummmmm wouldn't it be better all around if you made it an even 40? :hmm :eyebrow :grin

:devil :grin :devil :grin :devil

Kidding hun, thanks for everything already. I couldn't ask for more....and really mean it.

-LC

~*~

"It doesn't have to be a really frenchish french, I just wanna feel your tongue."- my girlfriend last night.

Post subject: Chapter 38
PostPosted: Thu Apr 17, 2003 9:21 pm 
Well here we go.

LC... can't even find anything icky around here. Slimy sometimes and perhaps stinky but never icky. So I'm safe.

Here is what should have been the end. But it's not. I hope that you all enjoy it.

Chapter 38

The light of day slipped quietly behind the trees surrounding the cemetery. Tara climbed from her wife’s lap reluctant to leave the peaceful spot. She reached toward her wife, helping her from the ground. Their hands held fast, tightly intertwining as they stood silently in front of the grave marker. Willow turned patiently, walking out of the gated plot toward the awaiting Jeep. The redhead knew that what her wife needed was time. The past seemed to slowly absorb into the tender reflective soul of her beloved.

She watched Tara. She felt the space between them fill with the celebration of living, the joy of being together and moving into what they had become.

Abbey walked slowly from the truck, carrying her crayons and notebook. She passed her mother, cautiously moving into the family plot. Her tiny fingers reached for Tara’s. “Mommy?”

“Yes Abbey girl?” She turned her attention to the young child. Watching the soft breeze shift the spiraling tendrils of blonde across the petite face.

“Can we rub Gramma’s stone?” She lifted her notebook, innocently asking the question with her eyes.

Tara smiled, lowering herself to the ground beside her daughter, tucking the stray hairs behind the tiny ear. Together they opened the page of her book. Abbey pressed the layer across the tombstone. Carefully, she peeled the label off the blue crayon, pausing briefly to slip the curled remnants into her mother’s open hand. Her eyes exploded, delighting as she waved the color across the paper, each stroke creating a permanent copy of her grandmother’s name. Abbey washed over the entire page with blue, content as her crayon rubbed from edge to edge. Her eyes widened as Tara lifted her hand to trace the scrolled letters of her mother’s name.

“What do you think Ab?” Tara held the paper against the stone.

“It’s perfect mommy.” She pulled her hands into her lap as Tara lowered the book bridging the gap between the surfaces of their legs.

“It is Abbey. It really is.”

Abigail folded the cover of the book closing the page against a tall blade of grass she’d picked from the site. Together they stood taking in one last glance at the plot where their family peacefully rested.

Tara took her child’s hand and together they walked toward Willow and the waiting group.

“All set to go?” The redhead smiled at her girls.

“Let’s go home Will.” Her arms fell limp against the waist of her lover. “I’m tired. I just want to get home.”

“What about the cabin?”

“I don’t need to go there. It isn’t who we are anymore.” Tara’s head fell against the soft warmth of her wife’s shoulder. “We don’t need to hide in shame and darkness. Whatever is in that place is the past. I don’t want to go back anymore.”

“Are you certain Tara?”

“I am Will. I’m not going there. I just want to see what’s coming for us. I think we spent enough time looking back.” Together they walked around the truck. Willow opened the driver’s door, helping Tara into the seat. She closed her body tightly between her lover’s thighs, drawing closely into the embrace.

“So home then?” The redhead asked between tender kisses.

“Mmm hmm.” Tara melted into the sound of agreement, enjoying the love in the serenity of a peace filled moment. They pulled back from the kiss. Willow stared at her wife with adoration. Tara returned a shy loving smile. “Home sweetie.”

The redhead closed the driver side door slowly stepping around the back of the jeep. She watched as Anya and Buffy laughed in the car behind them. She could only imagine the conversation coming from the vehicle.

Buffy caught a glimpse of the red head quickly turning her attention to the young boy. “So what did you come up with?” She remained focused on Patrick as Anya reached into her pocket. Xander shifted the car into drive, following the carload of Wicca’s in front of them.

“Damn!” The ex-demon yelled from the front seat of the car. “Damn… Damn… Damn!” She smacked Xander’s shoulder with the back of her hand. “Where did it go?”

“The what now?” Xander rubbed his arm. “Who? What now?”

Anya huffed at his inability to read her frustration. “My card. What do you think?”

“Card?” He focused his attention back to the road, sliding toward the driver’s door to escape the span of his lover’s arm. “You had a card?”

“The tally!”

Buffy laughed as the ex-demon screamed at her husband, the entire time feeling the soft caress of the tiny child strapped into the car seat beside her. The Harris’s argued wildly in the seat in front of them as Buffy put a few incidents of day together. “Card?” Her first response too quiet to be heard over the banter. “Hey! I found a card.”

Anya turned sharply toward the slayer. “Fighting here.” Her hair fanned like a wild flowing skirt as her head spun round toward Xander. “Rude much?”

Xander smiled at the distraction. “Ahn… I think she has…” A hand smacked across his shoulder as the ex-vengeance demon processed the slayer’s words. With two quick smacks he was silenced.

“Xander be quiet. I’m listening to Buffy.” She turned around once more. “You were saying about a card?”

The slayer huffed, attempting to decide whether to share the info or not. “Forget it!” She smiled reaching to hold Patrick’s hand, his tiny eyes wide from the playful conversation. His body jerked as he watched Anya smacking Xander. “And stop hitting! You’re scaring Patty.”

“Stop calling him that!” Anya spat at the slayer. “It’s excessively feminine. Call him Pat.”

“He likes Patty!” His grip tightened around the slayer’s arm. “It’s just for the two of us anyway, so just leave us alone and stop hitting people.”

Anya glared at the slayer and her young charge. “Fine, call him whatever makes you happy now can we get back to the card? Did you find it?”

“Oh that.” The slayer smirked, leaning in toward Anya. “I found this on the floor in the hotel room.” She pulled the piece of paper from her back pocket. “Is this what you are looking for?”

The ex-demon laughed as she took the paper from her friend’s hand, flipping it over to see the letters and numbers on the opposite side. She crawled over the seat quickly wrapping around the slayer’s neck, smothering her in a tight embrace, her hand patting as Buffy worked hard to pull away from the vise like hold.

Xander winced as the sole of Anya’s shoe rubbed and pinched the flesh of his forearm. He pulled away swerving off into the gravel. “Hey!” He pushed her body away, quickly trying to gain control of the car. “Anya sit down.” He scolded as her body flopped back into the seat.

Willow caught a glimpse through the rear window, quickly motioning to pull over to the side of the road.

Tara turned toward her wife. “What’s the matter sweetie?” She followed Willow’s vision, turning around to look at Xander and Anya flopping in the front seat of the stopped car.

“Not sure.” She turned her body around reaching to open the door. “Let me go have a look.”

“Wait.” The blonde moved the car into reverse, backing slowly toward the second car. “There you go, nearly door to door service.”

“Impressive maneuvers you have there.” The redhead winked and smiled, planting a soft kiss on her lover’s lips as she exited the car.

Tara watched through the back window admiring her sleepy child, as her eyes trailed up toward her lover. Willow stood watching Anya and Xander wiggling in their front seat. Tara smiled at the sight of her family enjoying the humor of the unique relationships.

“What’s going on mommy?” Abbey spoke in her dreamy state.

“Nothing sweetie.” She reached to tenderly caress her daughter’s soft closing eyes. “Just the grownups having fun.

“HEY!”

Tara looked up to see Willow reaching inside the car.

“HEY!” The redhead screamed again, grabbing the card from Anya’s hand.

Tara opened her door, standing half inside and half outside of the car. “Will?” She waited for the fiery redhead to look at her.

She turned to direct her attention toward Tara. “They’re doing it again.”

The blonde called her wife back to the car. “Come stay with Abbey.” Tara raised a gentle hand toward her lover’s face, tenderly taking hold to the soft flesh of her neck. “Let me talk to them.” She pulled Willow into a passionate kiss. As their lips separated Willow stood dazed by the sensation of her lover’s tenderness. Tara plucked the card from Willow’s fingers, pushing her numbed wife down into the drivers seat. “I’ll be right back.”

Willow nodded and smiled folding herself into the car, closing the door. She rested her head against the seat, pressing her palms against the molded plastic of the steering wheel. “Goddess I love you Tara!” the words floated through the car. A knowing smile lifted up from the soft lips of her half sleeping daughter.

Tara approached the Scooby gang, leaning into the open window. Anya felt a hand fall upon her shoulder. “Anya!” Tara’s tone echoed through the car. All sound halted as full attention focused on the blonde. “Is this card tallying what I think it is tallying?”

The ex-demon nodded, confirming the answer.

“Explain it please.” Tara kept a solemn stare.

“Well it’s the pants thing.” Anya stared with confusion. “You know.” She attempted a playful punch on the arm. “We’ve been playing it for years.”

“Well yes I know the game.” Tara’s eyes brightened as a grin pressed from the corners of her lips. “ I want to know what the tally is.”

Buffy giggled from the back seat whispering. “You wicked wicked woman.”

Tara winked. “Sometimes.”

Anya proceeded to explain every incident provoking each mark on the paper. After a few moments, Tara walked back toward her wife and child. Satisfied, she pulled the redhead from the driver’s seat.

Willow stared at the blonde. “How’d it go?”

“Well seems to be going quite well.”

The redhead tilted her head with confusion, eyes widening as she watched her wife smile. “Going?”

Tara laughed as she escorted her wife to the passenger seat. “Well we apparently continue to frustrate Anya.” The blonde reached toward the door handle, feeling the soft skin of her lover’s hand grabbing hold.

“Tara, please don’t take me into the smutty frustrated mind of Anya Harris.”

“Willow.” The blonde laughed at her wife. “The only smutty mind you’ll be traveling in is mine.” She winked pushing the redhead against the truck. “Besides this isn’t smut frustration it’s all from losing the battle sweetie.”

“The battle?” She felt herself press firm against the cold metal as their bodies slowly made contact.

“Oh Will. She just hates the fact that we’re never more than a hug and a kiss away from being evenly matched.”

“I’m not supporting it Tara.” Willow closed her eyes, frustrated by the ongoing game. “This has to stop. It’s going to send the wrong message to the kids.”

“Oh sweetie please…” Tara kissed her playfully. “It’s harmless and really Willow they have been playing this game for almost six years and we’ve never been more that two or three away from one another.”

“Really?” the redhead looked in disbelief. “I never really payed much attention and Anya always seems to point out when I’m behind.”

Tara laced her fingers around the loops of her wife’s skirt. Her arms released slowly, pulling them tighter together. “It’s just Anya’s way of leveling the playing field sweetie.”

“Tara… she’s nowhere near us. They can’t even come close to touching the love that we share.”

“So then why does this bother you so very much.”

She looked lovingly into the blonde’s eyes. “We are more than her game. I just don’t like being a joke between everyone.”

“But we aren’t.” Tara raised her hand slowly, cupping the redhead’s face. “Sweetie, don’t you realize what we are to them. We’re family. We’re hope and joy and peace and compassion and love. Baby we are so much to all of them. You have to see that.”

“We are and I do. It’s just that I don’t want to be the comic relief too.” Willow twisted to move away from her wife. “It’s not funny to me Tara.”

Tara held tight to her wife pressing the two of them tightly together. “After all this time you can’t see the love in this?” Their eyes locked on each other’s. “You have to let them be a part of us Will.”

“How is keeping track of who’s wearing what a part of anything. If I wear pants and you wear pants and then I get a skirt are you getting one and then if we are both in one can you really notch the pants bedpost. I mean really Tara what’s the good in keeping track anyway if we are never more than a few scores apart. And with Anya keeping track I’m surprised the scales aren’t lofted in your favor and why is anyone even keeping track anyway?”

“Well I’m sure this would have ended a long time ago if we weren’t a challenge.”

Willow raised a brow. “We’re a challenge?”

“We defy so much by being together sweetie.”

“But doesn’t it bother you?”

The blonde smiled softly. “It only bothers me when you are ahead.” She winked, moving in to tenderly press her lips to her lovers.

“Oh and am I?” Willow pressed the pale pink flesh of her tongue between her teeth, hoping to hear a positive answer.

“Well it appears that my family brought out the best and most protective features in you.” Their bodies separated.

“And that means what?” Willow felt her competitive nature combined with curiousity. “Who’s wearing the pants in this relationship?”

“Are you sure that you want to know?”

The redhead hesitated. “Maybe not.” She reached for the handle of the car door, pulling it open quickly.

Tara walked around the truck, folding her hand into the sign for I love you. She pressed it against the glass as she passed by Abbey’s window. “So what do you say we head home?” The women in the car agreed.

The drive back to Sunnydale was quiet and uneventful. Abbey paged through her book reliving the memories of the trip. Willow watched adoringly as the tiny blonde drifted peacefully to sleep. The night was crisp and warm as they discussed the future of their family and the long road ahead with young Patrick.

The gang arrived shortly before noon the following day. Tara rested in her seat as she parked the car. Anxious to go inside but blissful in the moment. Willow held her hand, knowing the stillnes of peace would fade.

Anya’s voice broke the silence. “Hey you gonna pry Buffy off the kid so we can get out of here?”

Tara turned toward the ex-demon. “In a minute. Just start unpacking his stuff.”

Willow reached for the handle of the door, releasing the serenity into the crisp afternoon air. “I’ll get Patrick.”

Willow walked over to the waiting car, watching Buffy struggle with the buckle of the safety seat. “Need a hand Buff?”

“I think I got…” She squeezed the button, releasing the strap from its home. “See! No slayer strength required.”

“Oh, good! Slayer strength defeats the car seat.” Willow laughed, reaching to take the young boy from the slayer. “Ready to see your new house Mister?”

Buffy smiled following the group inside. Patrick clung tight to the redhead, pressing the steely edge of his braces against her petite form. The slayer watched her wince at the sensation.

“Would you like me to?” Buffy pointed with her eyes. “I seem to be able to take a bit more pain.”

“Sure Buffy. I think he’d like to have you here for a while anyway.” The group walked slowly into the house. Abbey held tight to her mother’s hand, grinning and releasing a sigh of pleasure.

“Happy to be home my girl?” Tara felt the tiny hand release it’s grip.

“Oh yes mommy. I’m very happy to be home.” The tiny blonde dropped her science bag and notebook in the middle of the entrance hall, racing up the stairs to her room.

Patrick giggled as he watched his cousin bouncing hand and foot upward. He wiggled to free himself from the slayer’s arms and follow. Buffy gently lowered him to the floor watching as he struggled to climb. She stepped forward to help as Tara reached to grab the slayer’s arm.

“Wait Buffy, give him a chance.”

Shocked, Buffy fought the urge to catch him if he fell. The tiny boy slowly made his way, step by step, his small hand gripping tightly to the railing. He paused a few stairs from the top, looking down at the women below. His eyes moved back to the climb ahead of him and once more toward the slayer. Beaming with pride he looked at Buffy.

“I climbed.” He held tightly to the railing, touching his chest proudly with his free hand. “Patty climbed.” Without waiting for a response the boy turned to finish his ascent to new territory. Once at the top he called to his cousin, following the voice into Abbey’s room. He stood frozen in the doorway, captivated by the mural covered walls.

“It’s really neat isn’t it?” She reached for his hand, guiding him into the room.

The boy was silent, his mouth wide with awe. He stepped to the center of the room, slowly lowering himself to the floor. He lay on his back silently taking in the warth of the room.

Abbey raced to the stairs. “Mommy!” She yelled down to Tara. Before the blonde could take another breath Buffy bounded three steps at a time til she reached the top. She chased into the room, pausing sharply in the doorway to watch the child sprawled out on the floor. Tara and Abigail stood beside the slayer, silently watching the sight.

“Shh…” Abbey scolded them. “He really likes the pictures on the walls.”

“We can see that.” Buffy ran her hand across the child’s head, fluffing her curly golden tresses.

“Maybe I can paint his room too.” Tara squatted beside her daughter, wrapping her arms tightly around the child.

“Can we help?”

“Oh definaltey!” Tara kissed Abbey. “With as much as possible.”

“YAY!” Buffy clapped. She paused as the two blondes glared. “What? I can be creative.”

Tara raised a brow, mirrored in size and style by her daughter.

“Hey!” Buffy yelled offended. “I can.”

“Well you’ll get plenty of opportunity to show us your painting skills but not today.”

Tara rolled a few blankets out on the bedroom floor. Patrick scooted onto them wildly shifting his body into a comfortable position. Abbey lay beside him, cosying up to stare at her well know walls.

“It’s pretty huh?”

He nodded, silently dreaming of wild adventures in the hand painted forest.

Tara and Buffy quietly left them to explore the fantasies of childhood. They walked down the stairs and made their way into the kitchen. Willow stood next to the table, ending a conversation on the phone.

“Nothing in the fridge. I ordered some take out.”

“Thanks sweetie.” Tara cuddled into her lover’s lap. “ I was just wondering what we would do. I really don’t feel like cooking tonight anyway.”

“Well then my baby, consider the kitchen open for beverages and smoochies.”

“What about for me?” The slayer laughed at the lovers.

“Beverages. You get beverages only.” Willow glared at her best friend.

“Pants!” Buffy mumbled under her breath as she walked to the refrigerator. She smelled the carton of carrot juice. She reached for a tall glass filling it to the top.

“And so what if it is?” Willow kissed her wife. “I’m feeling rather pantsy today.”

“Are you now?” Tara stared at the redhead, smiling with satisfaction. “I’m feeling kinda not pantsy.”

“Ooh, are we changing the rating in the kitchen?” Willow watched as the slayer gulped her glass of juice.

“Ewwww!” Buffy wiped the residue from her lips.

“Hey our kitchen, our rating change!” Willow scolded the slayer. “Can’t take the heat. GO away!”

“I can take anything you dish Will but the carrot juice tastes like pineapple.” She poured the carton into the sink. “Better put this on the grocery list.” She tossed the empty container into the trash. “You order enough to satisfy a slayer appetite?

“Well I ordered enough food.” The redhead smiled. “If you’re hungry for anything else you’re on your own.”

Buffy walked from the kitchen, finding a resting place on the living room couch. She flopped down slipping her shoes off and slinging her legs onto the sofa. “Wake me when there’s food.”

The women walked through the living room, toward the front porch. Willow climbed the stairs, taking a moment to look at the sleeping children cuddled on the floor. Tara slipped a soft blanket over the hard edges of the front porch swing, propping herself into the comfort of their space. The redhead pushed open the screen door, lingering in the open doorway. Her heart pounding hard in her chest as the sound of the squeaking swing moved around them.

“Oh baby we’re home aren’t we?” She watched the blonde padding the floorboards, sweeping the swing slowly back and forth.

“Come here.” Tara stopped the motion, allowing the redhead space in the comfort of her arms. The Willow slipped between her legs sliding alongside the soft skin of her lover.

“I missed this place more than anything.” Her cold fingers trailed across Tara’s warm abdomen. She relaxed against the safety of her lover’s body.

Tara reached quickly, stopping the icy roaming hand. “Which place is that exactly?”

“Home.”

TBC

Urn of Osiris
__________________**
Peace is not the absence of conflict; it's the absence of inner conflict. Unknown

Post subject: Re: Chapter 38
PostPosted: Thu Apr 17, 2003 10:13 pm 
I totally love it. Great update, I'm glad our girls are home. :grin

---------

"See? I've mastered this tact crap." Anya in Tears Of The Goddess by Lisa

PostPosted: Thu Apr 17, 2003 10:49 pm 
Oh YEY! Update!!!! Now just have to read it!!!

I just wanted to be the first person to use :bow :bow :bow for your wonderful writing.

-LC

Awwww! And AWWWWWWWW! :clap :bow :clap :bow :clap :bow :clap :bow :clap :bow :clap :bow There are not enough little bow guys to show how amazing you are Sharon. Beautiful almost-ending........am I just being hopefull, or does the next chapter maybe involve a little lovesmut ??? :pray :kiss :pray

As always, perfect.

-LC

~*~

Edited by: LadyCallie at: 4/18/03 2:08:53 pm

PostPosted: Thu Apr 17, 2003 11:54 pm 
Washi..... I'm happy to see that you enjoyed it.

LC ... WOW that's an intense number of bowing smilies. You must have enjoyed the lack of cliffyness in this chapter. I'm wondering if it's possible to end a fic with one. Nah that would just be evil. Mwahahahaha *evil grin*

Seriously. Thanks for reading and for all the wonderful e-mails. Be well and take care.

Urn of Osiris
__________________**

PostPosted: Fri Apr 18, 2003 3:32 am 
:applause

*big happy sigh*

I love it when everything is all happy and nice and stuff.

*more happy sighing*

Rai

PostPosted: Fri Apr 18, 2003 7:48 am 
Urn,

I love the latest update! :willow and :tara and just so cute. Love the way you reslved the pants issue. Patty was adorable. Abbey is going to be a great big cousin.

:applause Can't wait for the next update.

bluewillowwitch

---------------------

"Fate keeps happening"--Anita Loos

PostPosted: Fri Apr 18, 2003 9:21 am 
Urn of Osiris: First off let me say WELCOME BACK, Second of all GREAT update, I loved when Abbey traced the name of her Gramma, that was just so sweet. The pants thing was really funny and I loved the talk that Willow and Tara had about it, and Tara's right they are family to them and not a joke. I really liked it when Patrick climed the stairs by himself, very cool. I really LOVED it when Willow and Tara were sitting on the porch swing, they are finally back where they belong, home. I can't wait to read more.

Lonewolf

PostPosted: Fri Apr 18, 2003 12:16 pm 
Oh hey, this fic is back! :)

Very sweet update Urnie, but I might have to go re-read the previous chapters, if that's okay with you :read

OMG new smiley : :banana <<<<<- ROFLMAO!!!!!!

Sorry, I got distracted :grin

Anyway Urnie, I still remember the password ;)

Oh, and did you wrap up the "Crayon Breaky Willow" minific? I can't remember... :)

Anyway, good to have you back! :banana <<- :lol

ETA : I've just re-read the whole fic, that was some adventure! :thud

And you did finish CBW, I even complained that it was over, it's all coming back to me now ;)

So, about this update, I'm glad the girls are home, and LOL @ Anya (as usual)! Oh, and since I have the whole story in mind, I was able to fully appreciate the return of the "pants" joke/theme (referring to the 1st chapter!) :)

Christine :bigwave

Edited by: BFR from Paris at: 4/19/03 5:50:46 am

PostPosted: Sat Apr 19, 2003 5:05 pm 
:applause

Loved the update!

I´m glad that they´re back at home.

*lil´c*

Unter den Blinden ist der Einäugige König.

Check this out

Post subject: Thank You!
PostPosted: Sun Apr 20, 2003 1:47 pm 
Good Day all!

I just wanted to stop in and say thank you to everyone for reading. Thank you for the e-mail messages of encouragement.

Rai..... Thanks. The tension should be over. I'm happy to read that you enjoyed the ride.

bluewitchwillow....... Thank you! It's wonderful to hear. I really don't like writing the final chapter, it's ike saying good bye to a dear friend.

Lonewolf ...... Gosh, a welcome back. I guess it did take a long time to update. Life gets very full and I'm fighting the fact that this story is ending. *ponders third part* I have had the most exciting time writing this story.

I remember rubbing the grave marker at my Great Grandmother's when I was about 6. Just seeed like the kind of thing she'd want to do. Abbey is the family archivist. I love that so many of you enjoyed the Pants thing, it was very hard to write the end of the Willow erg about it but she would learn to embrace it for what it is.

Patrick needed to claim a bit of the place as his own. Just symbolic of his path ahead.

The image of the porch swing. I have to admit I enjoy it beyond anything. Something about snuggling tightly beside the person you adore. Who wouldn't want to stay there forever. Thanks for being here for the long ride. Thank you for the continuous encouragement.

Christine..... I know I have been laxed in my writing but yes it is back and I see that you enjoyed it. I'm very pleased to hear that. :shock You re-read the whole fic. Wow... now you have found all the errors and unfinished parts. I might actually have to break out the notebook and double check all those nasty loose ends.

It seemed fitting to write Willow coming to terms with the game. Growing and moving forward was really the theme of things. I adore this family.

CBW, Wow it seems like I wrote that so long ago. Life truly has a way of filling you up.

Thank you for reading, for following, and for the fun chats that seem like they happened ages ago.

lil'c ......... Thank you. I'm delighted to hear that you enjoyed the update. As hard as it is to end a story I would never abandon it and leave you all hanging. Thank you for reading! Thank you for letting me know that you enjoyed it.

Thanks again everyone.

Urn of Osiris
__________________**

Edited by: Urn of Osiris  at: 4/21/03 4:50:21 am

Post subject: Re: Thank You!
PostPosted: Sun Apr 20, 2003 3:00 pm 
Sharon,

Just another great update:) I truly love the way you portray their love for each other. It's real, and it's the kind of love we all want to find for ourselves someday.

And PANTS!

Hehehe....God...I soo love that:D

Glad to see Tara moving away from the past, and just like Abbey taking a rubbing from the headstone, taking the best of the past with her and leaving the rest behind.

And what you said is soo true. Nothing better than being curled up with your sweetie in your special place. You have always been able to show all the depth of the emotion between our girls so well on all levels. Cuddly and passionate, healing and playful, finding comfort and solace with each other. It's wonderful to see such a rare and wonderful love reflected in the little, day to day kinds of things as well as the smoochies:)

Looking forward to the next part, so glad to see you continue on with this fantastic tale of yours:clap

Love ya sweetie!

Cindi

"Accents are great! I especially love hearing the Canadian 'O'- ME

PostPosted: Mon Apr 21, 2003 8:53 am 
Dearest Urnieleh,

Once again, we were blessed with another chapter of your fantastic writing. Reading your words is like a journey. The emotions are so wide ranging. The laughter, the smiles, the frowns, the sighs, and even the tears. Your writing invokes so much feeling from the reader.

This chapter, like all the others, is a salad bar of emotion. The opening scene in the grave yard is beautiful. Abbey wanting to touch the stone. Tara tracing her mother's name with her fingers. The visuals in that are amazingly clear and strong, and very powerful. The transition Tara goes through, emotionally in this chapter is so real. Overcoming the overwhelming troubles and worries and hurt that her past threw at her, to focus on her future with the people she loved. The people she loves, there to help her every step of the way, with love and caring.

Quote:
She watched Tara. She felt the space between them fill with the celebration of living, the joy of being together and moving into what they had become.

Tara's final stage in fare welling the past and welcoming her future was not something physical, rather, it was something emotional, in the bond that she and Willow share. Their intense love being the driving force.

Quote:
“We don’t need to hide in shame and darkness. Whatever is in that place is the past. I don’t want to go back anymore.”

You portray remarkable courage in Tara. Looking forward is not always an easy thing to do, with the past always throwing little constant reminders, but nonetheless, Tara does it.

and then, we reunite with the tally. Oh Urnie, the whole concept of 'PANTS' is just fantastic! Of course, issues occur, when pants play little part in a relationship, and skirts overrule. Still, I have faith that you can figure out some way to fix it. (*coughs* PANTS *coughs*). Willow feeling pantsy is quite an occurance. So much so, that Buffy's carrot juice mysteriously changed ingrediants... hmmmmm.... how did THAT happen? *smirks*

I have always commented on how well you show the true essence of Willow and Tara's love. In this chapter, you go beyond that. In one sentence you summarize their love.

Quote:

They can’t even come close to touching the love that we share.”

The bond between them is made up of so many different things. Love. Respect. Honor. Adoration. Attraction. Affection. Blended, all of these thing are part of their relationship. Their hearts speak a secret language that nobody understands but them. Their souls talking in a way that no-one else could ever comprehend. It's a beautiful thing. Both intensely magical and very real.

The picture you create of "Home" is a wonderful thing. The feelings of family and love in it. Buffy and Anya playing board games with the kids. The laughter. The smiles. Willow and Tara relaxing together. Free to just be.

I am so sad to see this fic finishing. I have followed it from when you began 'This Look of Love' and it has been a bright light in even some of my darkest days. Thank you so much for that, Urnie. I will cherish it always.

Much much much love to you!

Rachy

“‘Cause regret tastes like shit.”- How do I compare thee by Urn of Osiris

Edited by: Tara22  at: 4/22/03 2:11:33 am

PostPosted: Mon Apr 21, 2003 1:50 pm 
Urn!!

So happy to see you back to finish this wonderful fic.

You write about "home" so well. In life itself, home may not be perfect, but it's home. A place where one can feel real, and alive and loved.

Really do hate to see this coming to and end, although I'm sure there will be a sequel at some point?? :pray

:grin BV

"When choosing between two evils, I always like to take the one I've never tried before"-Mae West

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 684 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 19, 20, 21, 22, 23  Next