The Kitten, the Witches and the Bad Wardrobe - Willow & Tara Forever

General Chat  || Kitten  || WaV  || Pens  || Mi2  || GMP  || TiE  || FAQ  || Feed - The Kitten, the Witches and the Bad Wardrobe

All times are UTC - 8 hours [ DST ]

Post subject: How do I compare Thee
PostPosted: Wed Apr 02, 2003 5:27 pm 
SO here is a little something I pulled out and decided to post for you all. I hope you enjoy it.

Thanks to a few wonderful kittens for their beta help and inspiration. There really are some amazing people here.

Enjoy!

Title – How do I compare thee

Author name – Urn Of Osiris

Rating – Totally PG

Disclaimer – Takes place during Season 6, At some point after Entropy as if the end events in Seeing Red never happened.

Summary- W/T and the gang. No angst for the newly reunited lovers.

The evening hues of yellow and red shimmered and danced as waves of light drifted through the streets of Sunnydale. A soft breeze shifted the leaves, twirling them among the branches of the trees. The setting sun reflected across the windows and softly settled the events of the day. A tiny turning leaf gently swept across the steps of 1630 Revello Drive.

The silence shattered suddenly with the screaming and screeching sounds of... terror? Frustration!

At the dining table a very thick, ornate book slammed shut. A young hand swept across the cover, rubbing the foil embossed letters. Shoved it forward in disgust.

“I just don't get you.” Dawn pounded emphatically on the cover of the book. “What are you talking about? “

Tara and Willow snuggled tightly next to each other on the living room couch, staring into the flickering flames of candlelight. Startled by the screaming they looked at each other. Simultaneously they jumped and ran into the dining room, noticing Dawn with her head on the book.

Tara approached Dawn with caution, wearing a slightly amused grin. “Oh my Goddess? is she…” Tara slowly reached down to touch Dawn’s shoulder, eyeing Willow’s faint smirk.

“Dead.” Willow quickly interrupted Tara’s words. She sensed the frustration in the girl and tried to lighten the mood.

“I only wish! Where's the Apocalypse when you need it?” Dawn pouted, her head still pressed against the cover of the book and her arms flailing with frustration.

“What’s the matter Dawnie?” Tara fought back the full-face smile, knowing that the large book in front of them was the source of the girl’s foul mood.

“Shakespeare.... he’s a demon.... a hell demon sent to torture high school students!” Dawn pouted turning her head from side to side, with some hope of grinding the information through her skull into her brain.

“Ohhh, I love him. A Mid Summer Night's Dream… love, lust, carefree...” Willow gleefully chirped, doing a very poor job of fighting her smile. Tara grabbed Willow’s arm, stopping her mid sentence, aware that Dawn was not sharing their amusement.

“Love him! Are you kidding me? I can't figure out what the hell he's talking about.” Dawn looked up from the book and noticed that Willow and Tara weren’t sharing her sour feelings.

“Tell me what you're reading.” Tara moved toward Dawn, still attempting to mask Willow's joy for the subject.

“Sonnets...” Dawn paused. “You know, all those dumb love poems.”

Tara and Willow looked at each other, sharing a sweet smirk of pleasure.

“Oh come on Dawn. It’s not that bad, is it?” Willow stepped closer, bursting to share her love of the subject, yet trying to hide her enthusiasm.

“Let’s just say I'd rather be tethered to a collapsing tower built to open the gates of hell while my body is slashed by a crazy demon lizard that wants to rule the world.” Dawn’s head popped upright, her eyes wide-open. “Oh my god, did I just say that out loud?”

Shocked and amused, Tara replied, “Yes, you did.”

“Well, I meant this makes no sense to me. And I’d rather do math.” Rolling her eyes, Dawn quickly corrected herself.

“We’ll help you out. What exactly are you working on?” Willow moved in close enough to shadow the young girl.

“Number 29.” Dawn stated with disgust. “It's on page....”

Dawn’s frustrated words were interrupted by Willow's sudden recitation of the sonnet.

"When in disgrace of fortune and men's eyes I alone beweep my outcast state,”

Willow felt Dawn’s eyes glaring sharply, her brow furrowed with disgust. She watched Tara beam at the sound of Willow sharing the sonnet.

“You…. Have…. Got…. To… be… kidding…. me….” Dawn spouted with aggravation. “How can you know that?”

“She’s a gift.” Tara smiled, suddenly overcome with love and pride. Her cheeks flushed, blushing at her mistake. “She has a gift, I mean.” She corrected herself with a quirky half- smile.

“Yes, a real gift.” Willow winked, pressing the tip of her tongue through her teeth.

“Great. Just what I need, the brainy type.” Dawn quickly noticed their dreamy state but was still finding disgust in Willow’s bubbly enthusiasm. “Cause I’m not feeling dumb enough. I bet even Buffy gets this crap.”

Side-splitting laughter almost immediately broke away the tension in the room. Dawn slammed her head back down once more.

“Hey now, if you knock yourself unconscious I can’t help you.” Willow reached forward, lifting Dawn’s head from the book.

“Help? Oh yes, I’d love some.” Dawn perked up at the offer, hoping that Willow could be persuaded to give a detailed explanation.

The three women moved into the living room. Sitting on the couch, they started to read through the sonnet. Willow pointed at the text as a frustrated Dawn shrugged at the jumble of words.

A sharp rattle disrupted the calm as Buffy burst through the front door. Buffy moved into the room, humming the Double Meat jingle. She paused at the sight of Willow and Tara cozy on the couch, completely unaware that Dawn was beside them.

“Research or romance?” Buffy teased, noticing them looking in a very large book.

“Poetry.” Willow grinned, knowing exactly how Buffy would respond.

“Oh, I got one.” Buffy chimed, giving it her best go. “There once was a writer named Joss. Who stuck his fat head up his ass.” Buffy struggled to make the rhyming fit.

Tara cut her off sharply. “Hey! Language!” She pointed at the girl sitting next to her, forcing Buffy to refrain from her foul comments.

“Oh…” Buffy stopped her words.

“Anyway…” Willow snapped, waving her hand. “That’s a limerick. It’s totally different! Plus, what the hell kind of name is Joss?” She shook her head.

Shrugging, Buffy looked at the group, asking, “so, what’s the fuss?”

“Shakespeare.” Dawn spat with frustration.

“Oh, methods of insane High school torture.” Buffy said with a sheepish grin. “Been there, done that. I am SO out of here.” She turned to run out the door.

”Are you sure you don’t want to help?” Tara yelled without glancing up from the book “We were just getting ready to discuss it with your sister.”

“Sorry, my brain’s still numb from flippin’ the double meat.” Buffy smirked, making a flipping motion with her hand. “Anyway, I’d rather jump into a porthole of mystic energy, from a tower built to open the gates of hell by some crazy Hell God that wants to rule the world.”

They looked up from their reading, curiously smirking at one another.

“Yea! I get that.” Dawn laughed dryly, looking back at the pages before them.

“No, really. I’m off to do the patrol thing.” Buffy darted toward the door. “I’m meeting Xander at the Rockenberg crypt. He's still all depressed and I thought a little one-on-one time would help.”

“Cool. I’ve got my girls here. They'll take good care of me.” Dawn said sharply, wrapping her arms around Willow and Tara in the hope of stirring up some emotion in her sister.

“Great, I'm glad I can count on you two,” Buffy answered, completely missing the context of Dawn’s comments.

“She's in good hands.” Tara stared with sad eyes, aware that Buffy didn't notice the cry for attention.

“Yes, Shakespearey hands.” Willow lifted her hands with a waving motion, wiggling her fingers in the air.

“Can't I go slay something?” Dawn asked, knowing exactly what the answer would be.

“NO!” Willow, Tara and Buffy shouted in complete synchronicity. Dawn slapped the pages of the book, as the front door slammed following Buffy’s hasty retreat.

Willow began again. Tara smiled at her lover. Dawn rolled her eyes not understanding how this jumble of words could prompt anything but confusion.

Across town, Buffy entered the cemetery, her feet dragging with every step. Not very energized at the prospect of slayer duties, her eyes quickly caught sight of Xander. He was sitting silently against the door of the crypt. His eyes stared off (at?) as he shuffled his feet across the dirt, raking small rocks back and forth. Lost in the moment and totally unaware…

Xander looked up, startled as Buffy raced toward him.

“Xander! Move!” Buffy screamed, waving her arms from right to left across her chest.

Xander looked up and noticed a vampire salivating above him. He rolled to the side, standing quickly. Shock and terror spread across his face, forcing his eyes into bulging spheres of fear. The vamp dropped onto the vacant spot. Buffy ran up the crypt door reverse back-flipping onto the vamp, pushing him down and staking him. The vamp turned instantly into dust. Two more vampires moved around the side of the crypt; grabbing Xander and forcing his neck to the left, attempting to taste his nectar of sorrow. Buffy stopped suddenly.

“I’m pretty sure you don’t want to do that.” Buffy glared at the vamp.

“Why not?” The vamp asked, stretching the muscles of Xander’s neck and exposing the bulging vein beneath the skin. With a flick of her wrist, Buffy sent a stake sailing at the other vamp. The vamp holding Xander turned to watch his cohort disappear into a cloud of dust. Xander twisted away as a second stake hit the mark. Reduced the final enemy to a haze of ash.

“ ‘Cause regret tastes like shit.” Buffy smirked with satisfaction.

Xander paused, stung by Buffy’s words and his lack of focus.

“Earth to Xander, Hello.” She yells. “Where’s your head? Hello! CEMETARY, Vampires here!!! “ She raised her hand toward her friend, looking for help from the ground. “What the hell are you thinking?”

“Sorry Buff, head’s not in the game today.” He hunched over, reaching to lift Buffy to her feet.

“No kidding, you were about to be every vamps’ dream.” She swished dust from her pant legs with both hands.

“What?” He looked at Buffy with confusion.

“You were two seconds away from slurpee town.” Buffy chuckled, and then remembered Xander’s sorrow. “Still all bad, huh?”

Xander nodded, regret shadowing the once jovial man. Unaware of their surroundings and lost in conversation they began to walk, quickly forgetting the late hour. A deafening silence fell between them.

“It’s my heart.” Xander stopped, his words breaking the crisp chill of the night air. “It’s not the same.” He looked down at his feet, kicking the ground with the toe of his shoe. “I just can’t be anywhere that it doesn’t hurt.”

“It gets better.” Buffy forced a smile, working hard to convince herself that the words were true.

“When?” Xander stretched his eyes, begging for comfort, taking in the hollow emotion.

“ I’m not sure, that’s just what everyone’s been saying.” Buffy looked away, knowing her thoughts came without emotion.

“ I’ve heard that too,” Xander stumbled over their conversation. “I’m still not convinced about the whole getting better thing.”

“ I’m there.” Buffy agreed. The two paused, realizing their walk had taken them beyond the cemetery out onto the sidewalk. “I hear time heals all…” Buffy stopped to stare at her friend.

“Whatever!” They answered simultaneously, the shared look, forcing a slight grin. They continued their walk, not quite convinced of the other’s optimism.

“ How’s the home front.” Xander asked, not caring about the response but hoping to move the discussion in a new direction.

“Willow and Tara are all good.” Buffy responded with a bit of jealousy. “They were helping Dawn with her homework.”

“Both of them?” Xander asked with surprise. “What, is she trying to decode some cryptic Wiccan computer ritual.” A grin swept across his face.

“ No!” Buffy smirked almost laughing. After a short pause she added, “Shakespeare!”

“Well, who better than Willow, makin’ with the whole brainy knowledge thing.”

“Willow and Tara pouring over Shakespeare all night,” Buffy spat sarcastically. “I’m glad to be out here slaying something. I’m sure to go home to some serious magic tonight.” Buffy shot a wink and a grin at Xander. He fought hard not to smile, as he felt his face turn red.

“After everything they deserve a little pleasure.” He paused. “Not pleasure… happiness. I meant happiness. No pleasure. Not pleasuring here.” He fought to hide the growing smile, feeling his face flush at the thought of Willow and Tara together.

“Pleasuring is good, not around Dawn, but good.” Buffy looked somber. “I think Willow has worked hard to be with Tara.”

“She’s given up a lot. It took a while, but she’s finally seen what she had to lose.” Xander stopped. “ I had everything Buffy. I could afford to do anything.” He looked up at the night sky. “I wish I could have…” He stopped, silencing the words coming from his mouth, “Better be careful what I wish for.”

“Yeah, wishes have a way of making things crazy around here.” Buffy waved her hands across her chest, shaking her head from side to side.

“Yeah no wishes.” Xander was suddenly overcome with sorrow at the thought of wishes and Vengeance demons.

The two continued their conversation, lost in self-pity but finding a strange comfort in the shared pain.

Back at the house, the three ladies stood around the counter in the kitchen. Tara carefully poured the pancake batter, listening to her love read to Dawn. She turned to watch the redhead who was pointing at the words on the page.

“I hear the words, but what is he talking about?” Dawn pressed her hands to the sides of her head, begging for unconsciousness.

“Love, sweetie.” Tara turned to look at them, spatula in hand. Stepping forward, she focused on Willow’s eyes. “He is professing that love is the most bountiful blessing, and that the thought of it can be a gift, better than any possession.”

“Like a present?” Dawn interrupted. “I like presents!” She giggled, rubbing her hands greedily. Then she turned, looking at Willow, noticing the softness in the red head’s gaze.

“Yes. Like a beautiful, tall, sexy, longhaired present, wrapped in a lengthy flowing skirt, begging to be slowly unwrapped to reveal…” Willow caught herself, shifted her focus, and gave Tara a sexy grin.

“A present now, huh?” Tara perked a brow at her ladylove.

“OK, get a room” Dawn spat after a pause. “I’m getting the whole present thing now. With way too many visuals.” Dawn stared at the two ladies, frustrated at how clearly turned on by the text they were, and trying to comprehend how the words could do anything but command violent acts and pain.

“Yes, presents, yes…” Willow pushed upright, realizing she’d drifted away in her thoughts of Tara. “He is just saying that love makes you the richest person. That it doesn’t matter if you have money, or have many valuable things. What makes you truly rich is love.” Glowing now with passion, Willow emphasized, “Real love, not the fake lusting love.”

“That’s it,” Dawn slapped her hands down with anger. “Why can’t he just say that? I don’t need all this cash and this junk, just your love!”

“Well…” Willow responded slowly. “Because…” She paused, with a coy grin, lifting her hands and shoulders at the same time. “He’s Shakespeare. If he just said it, well, then you’d understand it. And then, well, if you understood it, there would be no real angst in the learning and the reading and if everyone could read it well then you know,” Clearly getting flustered and lost in what her point actually was, Willow abandoned her explanation. “It just isn’t that way.”

“ Oh, yes Baby, that’s it.” Tara looked at her lover with a small smirking grin, raising her brow with a heart-warming giggle. “Dawn,” Tara spoke softly, demanding her attention. “The idea was to show that love is something to treasure. That you should measure yourself by the amount of love you have and give. Not by the amount of possessions you collect.” Tara shifted her gaze to Willow. “For thy sweet love remember'd such wealth brings, that then I scorn to change my state with kings.”

“Ohhhhh…” Dawn’s mouth opened wide, grasping for understanding, finally making a connection. “I get it, if you have love and share it with someone that you love, your life is full, so full that you can’t measure it with money or stuff.”

Willow and Tara looked directly at Dawn, a smile filling their faces.

“How’d I do?” Dawn asked with a glowing expression.

“I think you have the idea now.” Willow answered proudly, never taking her eyes from her girlfriend, lost in the sight of Tara.

“OK, so basically love is supposed to make you feel safe, and special, and rich and stuff.” Dawn summarized with teenage clarity.

Willow and Tara smiled.

A loud echoing tone filled the room as the smoke detector sounded from the burning pancakes. They bumped around the kitchen fanning flames, knocking at the smoke detector with the broom handle. Grabbing the pan from the stove, Tara flipped the contents outside onto the grass.

“Pancakes could go in trash bins?” Willow smirked, shrugging her shoulders. They smiled and giggled, taking in the fresh and muffled night air. Dawn launched the smoke detector into the cabinet, muffling its harsh tones.

Across town, Buffy and Xander walked through the darkness.

“I’m lost, Buffy,” Xander softly confessed, looking down at the ground.

“No you’re not, we’re on 15th street.” Buffy spouted, pausing to fake a smile. “We’ve been here a million times,” She looked forward trying to break the tension swelling between them.

“Not lost, lost.” He said with frustration, straining his face. “I mean my heart is lost.” He looked directly into Buffy’s eyes. “I had it all, and threw it away, and for what?”

“I don’t know Xander, it’s like we can’t see what’s right there.” Realizing the honesty in her statement, Buffy stopped talking, shying away, knowing he could see her pain if he got a chance to look.

“I’ve lost that space,” Xander confessed. “You know, that place to call home.” He stopped walking, throwing his hands down in defeat.

“Not your apartment?” Buffy gasped, clearly shocked and slightly confused by his words.

“ No!” He said with frustration, slapping his fists to his thighs. “The one person I ever really thought I’d love. The one thing that I thought would be mine.”

Buffy interrupted, knowing full and well exactly how lost and lonely he was. “Forever?”

“Yes, forever!” Xander sadly responded.

They walked together, linking arms, continuing toward Buffy’s house, a strange and sad comfort found in the shared feelings of loneliness.

Walking up the sidewalk they turned, looking at each other. Sadly aware that both hearts would one day find solace. The when and the how still painfully front and center.

“Well here we are, you’re home.” Xander forced a smile.

“Yeah, a place to call home.” Buffy hesitated, not wanting to enter, knowing the bliss that was blossoming somewhere inside.

They paused in front of the door.

“You coming in?” Buffy asked, looking into his eyes and taking his hands in hers.

“Ya know Buffy, not tonight.” He replied, shaking his head. “I don’t think so.” He turned to leave, very aware of the two women inside. He knew that their Love, although well deserved, would be painful to witness.

“We’re here for you, you know. We will always love you,” Buffy quietly offered with hope in her voice, perhaps searching for the same in return.

“I know that.” Xander turned, slowly moving from step to step. “I’m thankful for that.” He whispered to himself.

Buffy watched him walk away, her slayer-hearing catching his quiet words and noticing a slight improvement in his step. She couldn’t help thinking to herself that maybe, just maybe, things might turn around.

Buffy entered a darkened house, finding Willow and Tara together on the floor in front of the fireplace, a multitude of candlelight filling the room with a heavenly glow.

“How’d it go with Dawn?” Buffy asked, looking at the two women intoxicated by their love.

Willow leaned forward to answer. “Well she got the very, very basic concept.” She played with her lover’s hands. “But still isn’t good with the whole sonnet thing. Plus the whole kitchen fire kind of put a pause on our lesson.” Willow gave a quirky grin.

“It’s Shakespeare, what’s to get.” Buffy paused, the word ‘fire’ finally registering. “Fire?”

“ It’s OK, not really a fire.” Tara looked at Buffy. “Just burning dinner.” She shrugged and smiled, seeming to calm the slayer’s nerves.

Buffy trailed off, not really caring much about the details.

Willow and Tara gazed lovingly at each other. Smiling. Willow squeezed Tara’s hand a bit tighter. Buffy walked to the stairs, looking up at the mountain in front of her.

“How’s Xander?” Willow asked, knowing very well what the answer would be.

“Not good. He’s down, not ready to feel anything but lost.” Buffy forced the words, swallowing hard, shaking her head sadly.

“They really do love each other.” Tara quietly spoke. Pain and understanding moved slowly across her face. “It’s so terrible to think of him all alone, to think of them apart.”

“Alone is not a good way to be.” Willow said grabbing Tara tightly, moving around to snuggle her waist, nudging Tara’s head to the side to settle a soft and gentle kiss on her neck.

“I asked him to come in, he just had to leave.” Buffy looked at them, quickly shifting down at the floor, then back at Willow and Tara. “He’s going to be OK, he has to be, He’s Xander. How can he be anything but OK?”

“He’ll figure it out, it just takes time.” Willow quietly spoke, getting up to go over to Buffy. She stopped as the language of Buffy’s body told her to stay with her soul mate.

“Yea, time. All we have is time. Got to fill our time.” Buffy Paused sadly. “I’m going up to bed, it’s time.”

“Hey, are you alright?” Willow asked with confusion. She needed a verbal confirmation.

“No, not really. But I will be…” Buffy pauses a subtle smile rises and falls. “Just give me some time.”

“We love you, Buffy,” Tara replied, catching the slayer a bit off guard.

Buffy stopped at the top of the stairs to look at her very dear friends. She walked down the hall and opened the door to Dawn’s room. Then she walked in and kissed Dawn on the cheek

Shock moved across Dawn’s face at the rare show of emotion.

“I love you! Dawn.” Buffy placed her hands softly on Dawn’s cheeks.

Forcing her head to look downwards, Dawn shied away. Buffy dropped her hands, slowly turning to walk out. Quickly Dawn grabbed hold of one hand, giving it a solid and comforting squeeze.

“Buffy?” Dawn called to her sister. “Right now, that’s the only thing I need from you.”

Buffy walked out and entered her own bedroom, looking behind her to turn on the bedroom light.

Xander watched from the sidewalk as Buffy’s light illuminated the darkened room. He turned slowly away, noticing the flicker of light coming from the living room. He walked off as darkness fell upon the house.

Willow and Tara moved into the backyard. The same gentle breeze was still rustling the trees, tossing leaves down to where Willow lay sprawled across a soft thick blanket. From memory she was reciting Sonnet 29 to her soul mate. Tara nestled across the chest of her lover, looking up at the stars, filled with passion. Slowly they turned their eyes toward each other. They shared a tender kiss, and then lay back with blissful smiles.

Dizzy now from their love, they stared off into the night sky. As if the shining stars burned only for them.

Willow quietly spoke with her eyes closed, and her love filled every word.

"When in disgrace with fortune and men's eyes

I alone beweep my outcast state,

And trouble deaf heaven with my bootless cries,

And look upon myself and curse my fate’

Wishing me like to one more rich in hope,

Featured like him, like him with friend's possesse’d

Desiring this man's art and that man's scope,”

Tara stretched over, kissing willow softly. A hush came to Willow’s words as Tara finished:

“With what I most enjoy contented least;

Yet in these thoughts myself almost despising,

Haply I think on thee, and then my state

Like to the lark at break of day arising

From sullen earth, sings hymns at heaven's gate,

For thy sweet love remember'd such wealth brings

That then I scorn to change my state with kings.”

:heart

Urn of Osiris
__________________**
Peace is not the absence of conflict; it's the absence of inner conflict. Unknown

Edited by: Urn of Osiris  at: 4/3/03 7:29:44 am

Post subject: Re: How do I compare Thee
PostPosted: Wed Apr 02, 2003 6:00 pm 
:applause

That was so entertaining. Dawn trying to understand Shakespeare :lol

Poor buff adn Xander. And of cousre Willow adn Tara were absolutely :heart

Thanks for sharing!! I just loved how they quoted to each other and set the pancakes on fire.

-Will

"I think finding her soulmate would have made Tara a more confident and secure person" -Amber Benson

PostPosted: Wed Apr 02, 2003 6:36 pm 
Oh pure Dawnie learning Shakespeare, but she had luck she got 2 great teachers:glasses

My luck I never must learnShakespeare so I don´t really understood the sentences:blush

And Xander I hope he will get Anya back. It was Anya that he is missing:hmm

Hope you will write another chapter it was such a nice reading.:heart

Cu:wave

SoL/Natti

Man sieht nur mit dem Herzen gut, das Wesentliche ist für die Augen unsichtbar - Antoine de Saint-Exupéry

Edited by: Stroke of Luck at: 4/3/03 8:38:10 am

PostPosted: Wed Apr 02, 2003 9:21 pm 
Okay...YUM!!!

I love Shakespeare's Sonnets and to have Willow and Tara recite from memory...Sharon you are awesome. Can I just say that Dawn totally reminded me of my little sister in that story...always giving me grief in High School because I loved Shakespear and she didn't get it.:p

That totally made my morning and will carry me well into the afternoon. Thanks!

-E

PostPosted: Thu Apr 03, 2003 2:00 pm 
Quote:
Like a beautiful, tall, sexy, longhaired present, wrapped in a lengthy flowing skirt, begging to be slowly unwrapped to reveal…” Willow caught herself, shifted her focus, and gave Tara a sexy grin.

Mmmm, flowing skirts..... :whistle

Urnie, I really love this fic! You used language so beautifully and I'm still awwwwwing (and kvelling...) over the star-gazing.

It's also wonderful to see Willow and Tara freshly reunited, how openly in love they are. :love

Thank you so much!

~*@.......We are the weirdest person in the world.......@*~

PostPosted: Sat Apr 05, 2003 5:16 am 
My darling Urnieleh!

Please forgive me if I get carried away with reviewing this fic, because, well, I tend to do so!! Particularly when reviewing a fic that is as fantastically excellent as this!

Urnie, the idea of this fic, simple, loving, and beautiful, was the most fantastic thing to read! I have read it twice and the words truly brighten the mood and lighten the heart. The blend of comedy and love/life lessons are just wonderful!

You have an amazing ability to set the scene. Through your words you paint the most beautiful pictures, allowing us to see their world through your eyes.

Quote:
The evening hues of yellow and red shimmered and danced as waves of light drifted through the streets of Sunnydale.

The details you give are in no way black and white. You open the mind to a world of colors and illuminate the imagination so that we can truly visualize what we are reading.

oh, and don't even get me started on how much I laughed reading this!

Quote:
Let's just say I'd rather be tethered to a collapsing tower built to open the gates of hell while my body is slashed by a crazy demon lizard that wants to rule the world. Dawn's head popped upright, her eyes wide-open. Oh my god, did I just say that out loud?

ohhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh, Urnie! How funny!!!!!! The lovely randomness of that statement caused immense kvelling on my part!

ahhhhhhhh, and the novel 'pick on Joss the bumbleybutt' stuff.

Quote:
That's a limerick. It's totally different! Plus, what the hell kind of name is Joss?

*sighs happily*

oh, for a feel good fic!!! I love this!!!!!!!

ok, and this next line. I could NOT get over it! The truth and funniness element to it is just so HIGH!

Quote:
"Cause regret tastes like shit."

FANTASTIC!!! In fact, I loved it so much, it is now a part of my sig! Thank you for it! *sighs appreciatively* Regret IS a terrible thing to live with, and I am thankful that I do not have any, for a wise person once told me 'carpe Diem, seize the day, 100%'. Words to live by. I know I do.

You are the queen of comedy Miss Urnie!!! Thank you for that little peice of wonder!

Quote:
He is just saying that love makes you the richest person. That it doesn't matter if you have money, or have many valuable things. What makes you truly rich is love. Glowing now with passion, Willow emphasized, Real love, not the fake lusting love.

I think Will Shakespeare sees love the way that I do. You are so right in your words. Love is, and I have only newly discovered this, the most amazing thing on this entire planet, universe, the most amazing thing in a person's life. To have it is to be the wealthiest person alive, no matter how much money you own, or where you live. REAL love. The aching, pounding, wonderful, passionate, amazing, intense feeling. That's what matters.

Thanks so much for this Urnie!

Lots of love to you!

Rach

p.s. (how letterlike!!! *kvells*) I LOVE your new avatar! It's beautiful and so very you!!!! Oh, and wonderful sig too! So true...

“‘Cause regret tastes like shit.”- How do I compare thee by Urn of Osiris

~*@.......We are the weirdest person in the world.......@*~

Edited by: Tara22  at: 4/5/03 8:58:42 pm

PostPosted: Sun Apr 06, 2003 5:13 am 
Nothing is more wonderful than love regained. The atmosphere here is grateful, to just be alive and have another chance at love. Wonderful.

-----------------------------------

Only 50 cents

Post subject: ...
PostPosted: Sun Apr 06, 2003 6:38 am 
11. Fish in the Bowl

i'm like dawn when it comes to shakespear :lol . thanks for making it understandable. this was so good. loved the juxtapostion of xander and willow/tara how one's found and one's lost love. loved the dawn/buffy too.

"Take care of my heart, won't you please? Take care of it because it's all that I have. And if you let me, I'll take care of your heart too." Pure sweetness in the look between Willow and Tara.

Post subject: Re: ...
PostPosted: Mon Apr 07, 2003 3:18 am 
URNIE!!! :love :love What a FANTASTIC story!!! :applause :applause :applause

And ACTION as well!! Loved every minute of it... including the lovely jabs at Joss, the bastard! :angry

Ok... I'm better now! :angel

Looking forward to reading more!

-Mickie

A doodle... I do doodle... You, too...
You do doodle, too...

PostPosted: Sun May 04, 2003 9:26 am 
New to the archive. You can leave feedback! :)

I had a Boddingtons and now I can see again! - The Beast

PostPosted: Tue Dec 26, 2006 1:38 pm 
5. Willowhand

with those 2 teachers I'd understand Shakespeare too!!

nice fic!!

kisses

Brianna: I will never regret!

PostPosted: Mon Oct 31, 2011 4:03 pm 
9. Gay Now

Topics: 15
Luckily i was never forced to learn Shakespeare in school, so i could enjoy it as an adult.

Yeah, if anyone could teach anyone else about love, it's our heroines!

I liked the story: Sad but hopeful.

My Story: Coming Home