The Kitten, the Witches and the Bad Wardrobe - Willow & Tara Forever

General Chat  || Kitten  || WaV  || Pens  || Mi2  || GMP  || TiE  || FAQ  || Feed - The Kitten, the Witches and the Bad Wardrobe

All times are UTC - 8 hours [ DST ]

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 237 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5 ... 8  Next
 Post subject: Re: New Fic - Above, Between, Below
PostPosted: Fri Nov 22, 2002 2:40 pm 
Ah man, loving this, but why did you have to stop there?

Edited by: BytrSuite at: 11/26/02 2:17:34 am

PostPosted: Fri Nov 22, 2002 6:35 pm 
I'm liking this fic!

But stopping at this piont is just cruel.

R.

PostPosted: Sat Nov 23, 2002 5:15 am 
Poor Tara, decisions, decisions :hmm

Willow and "sneaky" hand, Faking sleep works for me :grin

BV

"In front of total strangers won't you kiss me, Flowers for no reason but you miss me - OOH, I wanna be in love"

Melissa Etheridge-Skin

PostPosted: Sat Nov 23, 2002 7:16 am 
OHHH Update update update!! LOL :clap

Sorry, I'm just a weee bit excited tonight! :bounce

Can't wait for an update!!

~NICKOLE~ :wave

-------------------

"Wanna be bad?"

PostPosted: Sat Nov 23, 2002 11:31 am 
Hello all...isn't it early? Before I post the next update, just wanted to thank those who've written in...

Amberbensontotallyrules4eva - Gosh that's a long moniker!! But I like it. :wink Thanks for stopping by and I hope you don't think I'm cruel. I wouldn't want anyone to think that....but I am deliberately obnoxious sometimes...don't worry, it's almost wakey time...:grin

TarebearRS - Sorry! As above, I don't mean to be cruel...just a little naughty and what's wrong with that? (It gets better...I promise) :wink

BV - Poor Tara...don't you just love to wrestle with a moral dilemma? But I don't think Will is particularly sneaky...but her hands certain are...: -->>:

Nickole - Ah! Patience! You will be rewarded, promise!! And good go on your first fic - keep it up!!!

Thank you all..I shall be back shortly with an update....

"Human kind cannot bear much reality." - T.S. Eliot

PostPosted: Sat Nov 23, 2002 8:38 pm 
Update? Really, you mean it? *Squeals excitedly*!! YAY!!!! *looks down* sorry.. I'll be good!!

Thanks for the compliment on my fic!! I just hope I can do a W/T fic justice!! I have a feeling after a good start, I'm gonna get stuck at a hurdle somewhere in the middle..*sighs* so wish me luck!!

Can't wait to read your update!! :bounce

~NICKOLE~

-------------

"I am very seldom naughty."

PostPosted: Sat Nov 23, 2002 10:48 pm 
Uhmmm...update soon or I'll have brain damage!

VmpIrslAr out.

"she's my everything."

Post subject: Re: re: Above Between, Below - Update, Cont'd.
PostPosted: Sat Nov 23, 2002 10:54 pm 
Quote:
Do I have to decide this now?

No, but you better hurry!

This is an adorable fic, and it reads “like buttah!” The more I read Season 4 stories like this one, the more I wish that the ME writers had had even one tenth of your creativity, humor, and affection for the characters -- now that’s a DVD I would buy! I especially love the way you imagine W/T’s internal monologues and ramblings here, even if my math days, with the possible exception of making change for the bus, are far behind me.

Was you title meant to be a naughty homage to John Donne?

SB

PostPosted: Sat Nov 23, 2002 10:55 pm 
Ahh, I shall not be impatient. Looking forwards to update but shall not be impatient. Shall not and will not. Take your time. :grin

Edited by: Warduke at: 11/24/02 1:34:17 pm

Post subject: Re: New Fic - Above, Between, Below - Update!
PostPosted: Sun Nov 24, 2002 1:19 am 
Small update...

The Next Bit

For Cath, of course…and she knows why.

She had fallen asleep. She didn’t remember doing this and if she had been aware of it, she probably wouldn’t have done it. Her eyes remained closed as she listened for the morning birdsong and the sound of the other students waking and preparing for class. This was her favorite moment of the morning, filled with expectation and hope; pale flecks of sunlight spotting her room, warming the air, making her feel all snuggly and cozy and sticky and horny and…

That is NOT my hand.

Screwing her eyes shut she prayed to whatever gods or goddesses there were to make the strange hand go away, to never have existed, to disappear, to not be there, vamoose! Skedaddle! Begone! You have no power here!!

But it didn’t work. The hand remained, firmly embedded between her thighs, within the confines of her underwear, warm, damp and unyielding.

She briefly considered just reaching down and yanking the hand away, unceremoniously, but that might wake the owner, who was still, thankfully, sound asleep…or unconscious.

Worry returned in the form of a deeply-felt fear: what if Willow fell into a coma during the night? Is that why she’s –

Waking? Oh God…she’s not going to wake up?!

A single heavy lid lifted to reveal a blurry patch of green; a lazy smile followed.

“G’morn…”

Tara watched, expressionless, tense and with growing horror as Willow’s eyes grew wide, and her smile faded, replaced by a quizzical stare, curiosity and –

Panic

She felt trapped. Strapped on her side, a strong thigh holding her fast and her hand…her hand….Oh my God…where is my hand???

It was the realization that her hand was lodged firmly, tightly and oh so snugly within the confines of Tara’s…um….Tara.

It lasted less than a full heart beat…the calm, before the storm.

Looking back, years later, Willow would remember this moment as the single-greatest panic she ever experienced in her life – greater than any Big Bad she ever faced, even more frightening than her bat mitzvah, and she didn’t run screaming from that. In retrospect, she wished she had handled the whole thing better.

At the time, however, she wasn’t sure just what ‘better’ was.

She did, after all, wake up with her hand, mysteriously planted in another girl’s crotch…

…Something that in all her 19 years had never happened once before.

What would you do?

Willow did the only thing her brain would allow her to do at the time.

“I-I-I-I…” With all the agitation of a monkey on steroids, Willow made one vain, strained and almost violent attempt after another to remove her hand from its current confines…with increasing levels of un-success heretofore unknown to the young hacker.

“Sorry! Sorry! Really! I just don’t know…how this…happened…”

She’d escaped the close clutches of vampires, demons, even her mother once, but this particular predicament was proving beyond her.

For her part, Tara had become frozen in space and time. From the moment Willow opened her eyes, wide with terror, she had lost all sense of self and sensation. She wondered if her spirit was leaving her body, she felt so light and delicate and empty…even as Willow’s hand wriggled helplessly between her thighs, trapped, begging for escape.

She didn’t know if she should help; how could she move? Something had to be preventing her…she watched, from a distance, as Willow struggled, finally, at last, free, her hand, red, swollen, flopping in the air like a fish out of water….

…and Willow, poor Willow, drawing herself up, apologizing profusely, staggering to her feet, babbling incoherently, almost tripping over herself, wide-eyed, gaping, then…gone.

She disappeared in a whirl of confusion that continued to hover over Tara’s head long after the door clicked shut, long after she could hear the mad scuffling of the hacker’s shoes echoing down the hall…

That, Tara, is likely to be the end of that.

Her head fell back against the floor with a tiny thud and she closed her eyes and drew her legs up to her chest, now so achingly empty…wishing, not for the first time in her life, that she hadn’t been born.

TBC…..

PostPosted: Sun Nov 24, 2002 1:30 am 
Okay. Um. How do I start? How about this? :lol :rollin Ah, poor Will and Tara. Especially poor Willow - 'a fish out of water', LMAO! Hey, that's the first time I've ever used that. :wink Piper, I am - speechless. That was freaking hilarious! I am... I am... well, brilliantly fantastico wonderfully update. Fantastico... hmm, are you thinking what I'm thinking? :wink

Cath

Tara: No, I-I understand. You have to be with the person you l-love.

Willow: I am.

PostPosted: Sun Nov 24, 2002 2:18 am 
THERE's a bad position to wake up in. Well, if you're not already on that level with your bedmate, naturally.

What will Panicky Willow and Freaked Tara do now? I guess we stay tuned.

Rats.

"...you can make those two characters as dewey-eyed in love and it would never be too much."

-Chris Golden, on W/T

PostPosted: Sun Nov 24, 2002 3:56 am 
Poor Tara, and Willow so embarrassed!

Willow must go back and console Tara!

BV

"In front of total strangers won't you kiss me, Flowers for no reason but you miss me - OOH, I wanna be in love"

Melissa Etheridge-Skin

Post subject: Re: New Fic - Above, Between, Below - response..
PostPosted: Sun Nov 24, 2002 10:03 am 
Okay...before the next update, I just wanted to hit back some of the feedback prior to and after....

Nickole - My response is late...but I hope you like the update...and if you ever get stuck, I'm happy to help haul you out of it! Just be patience with yourself and go with what YOU like! :grin

Vmppirsiar - (I don't think I spelt that correctly), but I did post! Hope you enjoy..there is more to follow, of course...thanks for reading!! :grin

Sister Bertrile - Thank you muchly! And I 'm truly impressed - you pulled out quite possibly the most obscure poetric reference I've ever made in anything I've ever written...yes, to Mr. Donne, and the quote was from "To His Mistress, Going to Bed:" License my roving hands, and let them go/Behind, before, above, between, below/O my America! My new found land.... He said it all so well before we got here..I hope he doesn't mind. ;)

Cath - As you inspired it, I give you full points and credit where it is due...and I hope I'm thinking what you are thinking :wink We are we, yes?

Kalita - All will be well! So will Will and Tara. Promise! :grin

Barnabasvamp - Yes, I agree with you! In fact, I think Willow is probably on her way....

Thank you all for reading and posting your comments, you are beyond lovely, if that's possible!! Another update within, oh, 24 hours, I should think...depending on how fast Will gets herself to gether, I think....

Piper

PostPosted: Sun Nov 24, 2002 12:22 pm 
awww...poor Willow and Tara..

That has to be the most awkward good morning possible...but they will have hell of an icebreaker when next they talk:)

And Willow....didn't even get the goodnight kiss she was hoping for:(

Oh well... time to make up for that later:)

Really liking this story.. thanks so much!

Cindi

PostPosted: Sun Nov 24, 2002 7:00 pm 
I love this fic! Had me laughing. Poor Willow, all panicy and stuff. And poor Tara, left hanging at well you know where... If I were Tara I would have either rolled on top of Willow or kept that hand trapped and then given her that sexy lopsided smile...;)

-Allyson

"After one take, Joss did say, 'Can we have one that's less like you're going to sleep together in about five minutes?'" - Alyson Hannigan

PostPosted: Sun Nov 24, 2002 10:32 pm 
Cindi - yes, the poor dears! I'll have to do something about that, but I'm waiting for Willow to calm down...she has a little making up to do! Thanks for reading!

Allyson - Mmmm...nice ideas there for Tara...might have to use that in the future. Hee hee. Glad you're enjoying it!

More to follow...

Piper

Post subject: Loving it!
PostPosted: Mon Nov 25, 2002 9:57 am 
I love it! How funny!!!

Poor poor Willow and Tara. Such an emberassing situation yet seducing. :) Yeah,and talk about how bad Willow's sleeping habit is, as we all know.

But it'll better right? You're gonna make it better right?right? You're gonna make Willow sleeping next Tara some more,right? :blush

Update soon okay? I can't wait to see what will happen next. :clap

*Fuzz*

Post subject: Above, Between, Below - Update! Again!
PostPosted: Mon Nov 25, 2002 12:14 pm 
Thanks Fuzz! I'm glad you're having fun..thanks for reading!

Update follows...

The Rosenberg Uncertainty Principle

Please read disclaimer on first page; everything still applies.

For Cath…

“And now good morrow to our waking souls

Which watch not one another out of fear,

For love all love of other sights controls

And makes one little room an everywhere.”

- John Donne from The Good Morrow

”The power of chance is widely underestimated. Our concept of randomness is shaped by quantum theory and thermodynamics, two theories in which chance is essential at the microscopic level, while at the macroscopic level it is insignificant. In the case of natural objects, the importance of chance tends to remain constant at all scales. Irregularity becomes hard to contain when randomness is let in.”

Even at her most distracted, Willow Rosenberg took better notes in her classes than anyone. She had been especially distracted today, fidgeting constantly through the lecture on Uses of Nonconstrained Chance, a topic that felt a little too personal all day.

She wandered from one class room to the next all afternoon, still in the clothes she wore from the night before, and feeling altogether unkempt and in need of a wash. She couldn’t stop flexing the digits on her right hand, still slightly red from the unusual space they occupied the night before – and much of that morning. Sitting in class, one ear on the lecture, she scribbled aimlessly, catching fragments of what was being said, her head occasionally nodding forward, not from exhaustion, but from a newfound compulsion. She could smellTara on her hand; a strangely sweet and salty musk, still pungent, assailing her senses like opium. Her mind drifted all day in the fragrance, like a kite caught in the wind, unpredictable where it would land.

An irregular unpredictable…let loose by a seemingly random choice; or was it a choice? She didn’t know if she was taking a chance or not, but Tara was not to blame, she was sure of that. She needed to apologize; Tara had become so important, so significant in so short a period of time, for reasons she still didn’t understand. Was Tara the unpredictable part? Or was she?

”While we recognize that the notion of chance evokes all kinds of quasi-metaphysical anxieties, we really shouldn’t worry about them….”

Once the last lecture had ended, she decided she shouldn’t put it off until her own anxieties had calmed somewhat. She had no intention of discussing the situation with Buffy; what would she say? Uh, Buffy, I think I might be kinda gay…No, it wouldn’t do. She had no idea what the depth of her feelings might be. She’d never thought about them before. But Tara was more important at this point, she decided. She had made some kind of unconscious assault on her, invaded her most personal of spaces, then completely humiliated both of them, no doubt hurting Tara immensely in the process.

She had arrived at Tara’s door without even taking note of her brief journey, and stood quietly, staring at the doorknob.

She wanted to knock, and she raised her hand several times to do so. She would hesitate the moment another student walked by, as if not wanting to be seen, or appear to desire entrance. Shame was nothing new to Rosenberg, she was raised to appreciate shame in all its glory, her mother was great practitioner, but this was something else entirely. She felt small.

“Hey, I think she’s still at the studio. You might want to check there.”

Willow barely heard the young woman as she unlocked her door, right next to Tara’s.

“I’m sorry, what?”

The woman was very tall and very thin, with a frazzled head of curly blonde hair, dressed in a pair of baggy denim overalls with streaks of paint down the front. Willow thought she looked like one of the actors from a production of Godspell she had seen as a kid.

“I’m sorry?”

The woman pointed at Tara’s door.

“She’s still at the student art studio. You can go down and check. She was still there when I left.”

Willow nodded and thanked the young woman, waiting until she had disappeared within her own room before setting off to find Tara.

###

The studio was sparsely lit from ancient lamps that hung high overhead, embedded in the dome ceiling. The art department held numerous rooms, a large lecture hall and smaller labs for the photography students. The student studio was large and airy, with student work framed along its circular walls. Several moveable screens split the geometry of the room, and it was behind one such screen that she found the only other occupant of the room.

Tara, dressed in a simple t-shirt and a baggy pair of cargo pants both covered in splotches of paint, was focusing intently on her work. A large canvas set on a wooden stand was her object of attention: a larger version of her “Mother and Child Reunion” sketch, incomplete.

From what little Willow knew of art, she could recognize Tara’s style as being vaguely reminiscent of John Singer Sargant, whose portraits she had admired very much in high school. But the painting itself would not keep her interest; it was Tara, so involved and unaware of anything outside the sphere of her activity. In her left hand, she held a messy palette, dripping with color. Her right arm, crooked high like a pale branch, reaching upward to some unknown point in space, waved in front of the painting, a small brush flashing in her fingers, just barely grazing the canvas.

Willow couldn’t help but examine her, the curve of her, how her balance would shift from one leg to the other as she moved before her work; the swiftness of her arm as it would dart out to add another layer of color. Her strokes alternated between sharp, staccato stabs to long, smooth arcs of liquid motion. When she would stretch, her shirt would lift so slightly, exposing just scant inches of bare skin. Her long, blonde locks, dancing around her shoulders, grazing her neck, sharp, like soft angles of near-solid sunlight.

Had she ever been entranced by anyone before? She couldn’t remember. She took a few tentative steps toward the young painter. Tara was beautiful in thought and movement; Willow was certain Grace had to be a genetic trait in her family.

It certainly doesn’t run in mine, she thought to herself, before she hit the floor, face first.

“Willow?!”

Tara had spun around the moment she head the jangling cacophonic thud, a shock that nearly had her palette flying right out of her hands.

The young hacker stumbled slightly as she lifted herself painfully off the floor, pausing only to check for any bruises before raising her head to eye level with a curious Tara.

“Tara! Hi! Um…just a little clumsy, huh? Sorry about that, no harm I think, though.”

Tara made no move in the direction of the other student, but held her ground, and her brush, firmly.

“W-what are you doing here?”

Willow’s nerves made a curlicue as they missed the left turn to Albuquerque; her eyes were dilated and nearly fixed and a painful rigidity had set up shop along her spine.

“Oh! Right, me here, for a reason, that’s me. Um, well, you know, I just wanted to, you know, apologize about this morning, I mean, it wasn’t very nice of me to go gallivanting off like a robber baron thief-type person, but I was kind of, well, sort of a little, maybe, not so much freaked or anything, I was just a tad unprepared and um, not really myself, you know? What with the head banging and um, sleep-walking or whatever that was, I certainly didn’t mean to, you know, do anything, or try anything or try to do anything, I wasn’t aware of, anyway, doing anything, I mean. Did that sound convincing?”

Tara was momentarily concerned her brow might never un-furrow; she had not moved an inch since Willow began speaking and she remained still, just in case.

“Um, o-okay? I mean, you don’t have to apologize, Willow, I mean, it was just a f-fluke or something. It happens.”

Willow did not look convinced.

“Really? Oh. Um, well, I just didn’t want you thinking that I was like, um, um –“

“Interested in me?”

Tara’s expression melted a little, her eyes had taken on a sad aspect Willow found hard to resist. Stupid!

“Oh! Well, yes, I mean, I am interested in you, friend, you, you, my friend, my interesting friend, very interesting friend…who I like very much. I like all about you, all the Tara bits, which are very nice…not just the girl bits, although they’re very nice, too, but that’s not the why, because you know, I liked Oz, a lot and he was boy, but it wasn’t the boy part that I liked specifically, it was the Oz part, and now I like the Tara part. Did that make sense?”

Tara had never before been taken by anyone who could ramble as well or at such length as Willow Rosenberg. A smile crooked from one corner of her mouth, and she set down her palette and brush, moving slowly in Willow’s direction and stopping just short.

“That’s okay, Willow. R-really. I like the Willow part, too. But I’ve got girl parts and your girl parts are nice, too, but especially the whole Willow part is n-nice. I like all of you, all the bits and parts and pieces.”

Willow found her smile, involuntarily, unable to look anywhere but Tara’s face, so open and sincere before her.

“Y-you said you wanted to kiss me goodnight.”

“Oh! Did I? I did, I do, I mean, did I?”

“That would require some of our girl bits, I think.”

“Oh! Right! Yes, well, I didn’t say that I don’t like your girl bits, I like them very much! You have amazing girl bits, I mean they’re not bits, they’re significantly more than bits, of course, big bits, um, not massively big bits, but nicely proportioned bits, but, you know, I mean, I don’t mind your bits. Your girl bits, that is.”

Taking a breath deeper than she intended, for she wasn’t quite sure what she was doing, Tara stepped closer to the red head.

“That’s good. Really. Would you like to?”

The hacker’s program was hanging; she couldn’t re-boot the system; she just had to wait. Tara was so close.

“Um, like to do what?”

“Kiss my bits goodnight.”

For Willow, the world had suddenly contracted into that tiny space that only the two of them now occupied.

“Oh, right! Of course, that’s what I said, is it? I wanted to do that, right? Yes, and again, it’s night time, so that’s okay, because it’s okay and fine with me. The kissing thing is –“

She wasn’t allowed to finish her sentence; Tara swiftly closed the distance between them, taking Willow’s face between her hands, her lips seizing Willow’s, wet and warm, with wild, random, unpredictable kisses that left them both utterly breathless.

TBC...

Post subject: Re: Above, Between, Below - Update! Again!
PostPosted: Mon Nov 25, 2002 12:26 pm 
Yaaaaaaaayyyyyyy smoochies :D I loved it that Willow found the courage to go and see Tara, she did kinda owe her that after running off :)

Thanx for the update!!!!!!!!!!

----------------------

'I go online sometimes, but everyone's spelling is really bad..it's depressing' - Tara

PostPosted: Mon Nov 25, 2002 1:23 pm 
heh, Willow hits the ground at least once per chapter in this story doesn't she ? Fairly clumsy, but can she ever bable :D Good thing she went to see Tara, even though she has no idea what to do after that exactly... probably scares her to death.

Grimmy

"You hurt Tara," Willow said too calmly. "The last one who tried that was a god. I made her regret it." -- Unexpected Consequences by Lisa of Nine

PostPosted: Mon Nov 25, 2002 1:27 pm 
YAY!!!! Goo Tara...

And sweet Willow-babble *gg* Like that much...

I think Tara has to convince the redhead a little....

Insanity

"Nobody messes with my girl!" Tara, Bargaining

PostPosted: Mon Nov 25, 2002 2:04 pm 
I just caught up with this story this morning. I love it. Almost glad I'm coming in late since I was able to avoid the cliffhanger of the first part :)

This is wonderfully humorous. Leave it to Willow to find herself in "interesting" postions. Willow waking up had me nearly falling off my chair. And the internal Willow babble is great.

Can't wait for the next bit. This is a great story.

--celia

---------------------------------

"That was just rude. Now I forget what I was saying."

Post subject: next part
PostPosted: Mon Nov 25, 2002 2:15 pm 
Finally!!!!!!! :kiss

I can't wait for more!!!!!

Stef :p

Post subject: Re: next part
PostPosted: Mon Nov 25, 2002 3:19 pm 
Wow. For once a fanfic written Willow hascompletely lived up to the meaning of babbling...Damn can that girl babble :)

Love the story all up, but it just seems to get better as each chapter goes on! Well you know I'll be waiting...here...for the next update!

*~Kristy~*

"You talk about trying to find your way.But to me you are my way ."

"Have you ever felt really close to someone? So close that you can¹t understand why you and the other person have two seperate bodies, two seperate skins? I think it was Sunday when that feeling began."

PostPosted: Mon Nov 25, 2002 4:37 pm 
:lol Ah, don't I love the Willow babble!! :grin And YAY, smoochies at last!! :party Totally wonderfully fantastico update!! Had to laugh at Willow falling over... that girl really shouts 'elegance', doesn't she?! :wink

Cath

Tara: No, I-I understand. You have to be with the person you l-love.

Willow: I am.

PostPosted: Mon Nov 25, 2002 5:50 pm 
LMFAO....girl bits.

Still lovin this Piper..and Tara...in Cargo's..nuff said.

Tara nodded in agreement "She has magic fingers." TheWisdom of War, Chris Golden

You dont really think this is like, Psycho Buffy Cheer Squad central, do you?-Xita ala Julia "Lessons Parody"

PostPosted: Mon Nov 25, 2002 5:52 pm 
Despite all the uncertainty, I like that Willow was sure that . . . Tara was more important at this point.

I like how you've portrayed Tara as creative, it's so easy to visualise her painting. Willow's awe at watching her work was delightful.

Adding up the total of a love that's true, multiply life by the power of two
Indigo Girls

PostPosted: Mon Nov 25, 2002 6:24 pm 
Just a beautiful description of Tara doing the painting. And Will's clumsiness + babbling, it's a good thing Tara likes her so much!

And kissage, to boot! We're really chuggin' along now...

"...you can make those two characters as dewey-eyed in love and it would never be too much."

-Chris Golden, on W/T

PostPosted: Mon Nov 25, 2002 6:36 pm 
Quote:
“Oh! Right! Yes, well, I didn’t say that I don’t like your girl bits, I like them very much! You have amazing girl bits, I mean they’re not bits, they’re significantly more than bits, of course, big bits, um, not massively big bits, but nicely proportioned bits, but, you know, I mean, I don’t mind your bits. Your girl bits, that is.”

LMAO!!! Breathe, Willow, breathe!!!

Great update, I can't wait to read more about Tara's nicely proportioned bits :grin

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 237 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5 ... 8  Next