The Kitten, the Witches and the Bad Wardrobe - Willow & Tara Forever

General Chat  || Kitten  || WaV  || Pens  || Mi2  || GMP  || TiE  || FAQ  || Feed - The Kitten, the Witches and the Bad Wardrobe

All times are UTC - 8 hours [ DST ]

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 190 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7  Next
 Post subject: Re: New Fic/AU Penny Arcade Chapter 7 03/16/12
PostPosted: Mon Mar 19, 2012 2:36 pm 
32. Kisses and Gay Love

Topics: 7
Subtle Buffy. Tee hee.
Tara seems awesome and also a mystery. I'm thinking that she's Robbie's mom but maybe she's an aunt who looks very like him. I can't wait to hear the story behind the relationship between Buffy, Joyce, Tara, and Robbie and also why Willow is only now finally meeting Tara after months and months.

PostPosted: Mon Mar 19, 2012 3:32 pm 
20. Not one Much for the Timber

Topics: 15
Yay, they FINALLY meet!!! I actually liked that you made us wait, you really did a great job of sculpting Willow's character. Now we just need to learn more about Tara. I'm also enjoying Willow's blossoming relationship with Buffy and her growing bond with Robbie. They will just make things easier between W & T later on:) BTW...I love Tara already!! :grin

Update soon please!!!!! :pray :pray :pray :pray :pray

PostPosted: Mon Mar 19, 2012 7:11 pm 
9. Gay Now

I love this Buffy, she's cheerful, cheeky and as subtle as a punch in the face :)
Why do i have the feeling that she's trying to set them up?
what's next? a U-haul and a map to Tara's place?

And i loved your meeting of Willow and Tara. It felt like a dream come true (that's a good thing by the way)

it was cheery, upbeat and friendly, exactly the thing to read when you are feeling grumpy :)

I like it!

R

--------------------------------------------

“All I feel is sunlight. All I hear is music.” Willow
How i Met Your Mother - By Ariel

PostPosted: Tue Mar 20, 2012 10:39 am 
5. Willowhand

Hey Heather. Awesome update and I agree with Shelby. I'm kind of glad you held off on their meeting. It's an interesting choice to make on the board and it looks like its going to pay off for you. I love how sweet Tara is already being to Willow. But I'm hoping they move the relationship on without any assistance. Of course a persistent Buffy is always funny so I guess it could go either way.

PostPosted: Tue Mar 20, 2012 11:39 pm 
10. Troll Hammer

So glad to see that they finally met. It seems like they are both already crushing on each other. Looking forward to the dinner.

Post subject: Re: New Fic/AU Penny Arcade Chapter 7 Replies
PostPosted: Sat Apr 14, 2012 12:46 am 
8. Vixen

Topics: 3
Lexi aka True_Love,

Congratulations on your dibs. :wink

The waiting another five chapters for Tara, well, I couldn't realistically find a way to do or I just might have to be evil, lol. I think there's enough backstory so to speak that I could bring her in.

As for your concern about physical intimacy, you don't have to worry about that. The next chapter throws things out there and answers some of your questions.

Thank you. :wink

sarahncrys1017,

I agree, who wouldn't be enchanted by a blonde haired, blue eyed hottie, especially when it's Tara?

LOL, you read this to your wife too?! I'm glad she enjoyed it too, that's kinda cool.

Thanks for keeping up with it and leaving feedback.

Grimm,

No, no more torture for you, Tara's on the scene.

No, I couldn't have Tara push, and you'll get more clues as to why she just left it as things go along.

Thanks for reading.

Wills redemption,

No, describing Tara as "a little shorter than me" was not a mistake. If you believe the IMDB bio's Alyson is 5'6" and Amber is 5'4". I also remember a interview - or maybe it was an old podcast - where Amber said Alyson was a little taller than her. The first time I noticed it was at the very end of Hush where they meet in the student lounge. So there you have that, don't mean to burst your height bubble. :wink I think since they had Amber in dresses/skirts a lot she was in heels or boots a lot and Alyson was in sneakers, my theory anyway...

In both my stories Alyson is taller, but you're the first person to say anything about it, lol.

Quote:
I'm glad that Tara has enough empathy here to react to Willow's emotional change properly, not interrogating her but giving her some physical comfort.
You completely hit the nail on the head!

Glad you like & thanks for reading!

Deb aka JustSkipIt,

Buffy is as subtle as a freight train, lol.

More answers will come on your other questions, but not all at once - of course. :wink

Thanks for your feedback.

Shel aka Finey_McFine,

I'm glad you're enjoying the relationship with Buffy and Robby, it will ultimately help down the road with W & T, but of course nothing is ever easy is it?

I'm glad you love Tara already, but I mean hey, it's Tara, what's not to love?

Richard aka Azirahael,

LMAO!
Quote:
What's next a U-Haul and a map to Tara's place
Richard you kill me. I'm glad you're enjoying this incarnation of Buffy. She may not be subtle, but she's not blind either, not nearly as self-involved. Besides wouldn't you want two people you care about to be happy if there seemed like they might be the ones to make each other happy?

Thanks for your feedback, hon!

Jess aka beautiful_love,

Buffy does have a Cupid's costume on hand but things will evolve how they will evolve, that's all I'm going to say.

I agree, I hope my plan pays off - guess we'll huh? :wink

Thanks for reading.

love_2003,

The best laid plan of Buffy and men.... hope you enjoy the next chapter/dinner.

POST TO FOLLOW IMMEDIATELY

Last edited by vampyregurl73 on Sat Apr 14, 2012 3:03 am, edited 1 time in total.

Post subject: Re: New Fic/AU Penny Arcade Chapter 8 04/13/12
PostPosted: Sat Apr 14, 2012 1:14 am 
8. Vixen

Chapter Eight

Pairing: W/T – I’ll get us there eventually.

Rating: PG - with a side of angst

Disclaimer: I in no way, shape or form own the characters from BtVS, people who didn't love them as much do. I’m not making any kind of profit; this is simply for my own amusement – and hopefully the people reading it. This is completely AU, and there may be some dialogue stealing on my part here and there. It’s my sandbox and I’ll play with them how I wanna, then maybe I’ll give ‘em back.

Email: riverwillows@me.com

Author’s Note: I apologize for the long wait folks. RL stepped in, in a major way. I’ll try to keep posts to twice a month, and when that has to change – and it will temporarily – I’ll let you know. As always thanks for reading and if you see anything glaringly wrong pm and I’ll fix it as I’m not using a beta for this. As usual, italics used for emphasis.

All I Want For Christmas Is…

We pulled up in front of a two story Sacramento Bungalow style house; the walkway shoveled clean leading to a few steps and onto a porch facing a cheery red door with a wreath hung on it. The last of the day light had faded away during our short ride, and as we sat gorgeous Christmas lights around the house lit up. I watched Tara smile at the lights shining merrily before she gave my hand a quick squeeze, and then she started to remove her seat belt.

I turned my truck off, and sat for a moment after Tara had gotten out, making her way gracefully up the walk. I wasn’t sure exactly what had happened during the drive, but it felt like something had. No more words had been spoken, but “something” was pinging through me in a way I hadn’t felt in a very long time. Tara turned around when she reached the door realizing I hadn’t followed her and waved to get my attention. The movement pulled me from my musings, so I quickly hopped out and scurried up the sidewalk. As I hit the first step I slipped on a patch of ice. My arms windmilled wildly as I tried desperately to regain my balance and over compensated.

Needless to say “grace” is not one of my strong suits.

I landed on my ass with a thud and groan. I sat there on the cold cement while the pain ricocheted up my spine, my eyes squeezed shut tight. Tara was right by my side; hand on my arm, to help me. With a few deep breaths, and Tara’s help I slowly got to my knees; both my ass and my pride equally wounded. I looked bashfully into her face, and found her biting her lower lip. I could tell she was in equally concerned and trying not to laugh.

“I’m so glad my pain amuses you, missy,” I said as I stood bending forward at the waist slightly holding my sore derrière with both hands. I knew it was kind of funny, and I’m sure it was until I actually landed, even if the pain was at my own expense. “Go ahead and laugh, I know you want to. I would.” I said with as much of a shrug as I could manage while rubbing my rear end gingerly with my hands.

“Are you okay, Will?” she asked, the mirth in her eyes making them dance.

“I am embarrassed on so many levels at this moment, but I’ll be fine, thank you,” I said trying to muster some shred of any dignity I had left as I stood up straight while making faces – that’s what finally made her laugh.

Her laugh… I instantly loved the sound. It was joyful and honest. I continued to make faces and various funny groans trying to keep her laughing – I couldn’t seem to help myself.

She quickly let us into the house, and then put our coats in a closet left of a staircase, before she helped me limp over to one of two warm chocolate brown sofas. With a sweet smile and the offer of a hot drink, Tara disappeared, leaving me momentarily to my own devices. The sofa I had sunk cautiously back into faced a television while its mate faced the wall and a fireplace.

As warmth took the chill off, of course my nose started to run. Fortunately, there was a box of tissues on one of the end tables, so I snagged a few and blew my nose. After my performance on the front steps, I didn’t want to add “snot-nosed” along with “klutz” as one more great feature on my list of ever growing appealing qualities. Vaguely, in the back of my mind I wasn’t sure why I cared so much what Tara thought of me, and why I wanted to make a good impression on her, but there it was none the less.

The smell of cooking food began to waft in to me, as I looked around the living room. I noticed pictures hung on the wall, and above a fireplace that dominated one complete wall. They were all family pictures. I could see pictures of younger incarnations of Tara, Joyce and Buffy. One in particular of a younger Joyce with her arm around another woman whose hair was a shade of dirty blonde that could be light brown or blonde depending on the light, both of them mugging for the camera.

The woman looked suspiciously like an older version of Tara. A sweet capture of the woman, a young Tara, a slightly older boy with dark strawberry blonde hair all lying under the shade of a tree sleeping. One child laid in each of her arms that were wrapped protectively around them as they slept. Another picture of an older incarnation of Tara and same young man now dressed in a cap and gown; Tara’s arms around one of his affectionately. All three shared the same captivating blue eyes that Robby had.

One photo spoke to me though. It was of Tara feeding an infant in a rocking chair, rays of sunlight pouring in over her shoulders making her glow angelically as she held the bottle, and a gentle smile on her face. More pictures of the infant in Tara’s arms that I assumed to be Robby and of a toddler taking wobbly steps to Joyce crouched down with arms open wearing a glorious smile.

I also noticed that at some point the young man and the woman I had dubbed – at least to myself – “Tara’s Mom”, had stopped showing up. The pictures of Joyce, Buffy, Tara and Robby grew more plentiful and they moved off the mantle to stream down onto a bookshelf that faced me as I sat in the living room.

I sat quietly trying to piece together this little family, when I in a flurry of sliding socks and blonde hair, Robby careened onto the couch breathlessly. He had an armful of video games and was smiling as he dropped them into my lap. I grinned right back and reach out to pull him closer to me.

“So what have we got here, buddy?” I asked.

Getting up on his knees next to me he began to show me Sonic the Hedgehog, Zak Zero, Journey, Sly 2 and of course Centipede along with seven or eight others. He reeled off bits about each of the games and which ones he liked best. We were just about to decide on one, when Tara came in and handed me a mug of hot coffee.

“I took a guess as to how you like your coffee, but if I was wrong tell me,” she said.

I took a taste, and it was perfect, without thinking I said, “Nope, you got it spot on. Sweet and creamy, just like I like my wo…” I stopped myself as I turned beet red and looked quickly over at Robby, who was now setting up his game console and had missed the whole thing. “Coffee, it’s just how I like my coffee.” I said as I glanced briefly up at Tara who was smirking.

“Mmmhmm,” she murmured looking at me, eyebrow quirked. “Supper will be ready soon, I hope you’re… hungry.”

“Uh, yeah…starving,” I held her eyes this time, and for some reason it seemed like everything coming out of my mouth was just…bad – our banter had somehow gotten suggestive, laced with innuendo and flirty but I knew – knew she was flirting back. The words weren’t inherently bad in and of themselves, and I didn’t know if I was reading more into things or not. I had only just met her, so maybe I was the one with a dirty mind, and maybe doing just a little bit of wishful thinking.

“I bet,” Tara said looking quite smug, gazing back at me even though she spoke to Robby. “Don’t get too caught up little man, we’ll be eating soon, okay?”

Robby looked up with a smile. “Okay, Tante, can we play one game?”

“I think you have time,” she said indulgently.

I finally gathered some of my wits and asked, “Uh, is there anything I can help with? Robby and I could play later if you would like some help.”

With her eyes twinkling mischievously, Tara looked over at me. “No, you can stay here and play with Robby. Work on that appetite, and you know, loosen up your hands.”

I tried not to spit out the coffee I had in my mouth. Now I was pretty sure it wasn’t just me and my gutterbrain. I had thought maybe there was still a chance I was taking things the wrong way. Then I heard her laugh as she went down the hall; I grinned – it wasn’t just me after all.

“Aw, no way man!” Robby yelled and started swatting at my controller.

“No fair!” I cackled rolling onto my side off the throw pillow I was sitting on and out of his reach, as I moved Sonic through the level to collect another series of rings. “You’re cheating!” I laughed.

Buffy walked in and cleared her throat. I looked up at her as Robby succeeded in wrestling my controller away. Buffy smiled down at us both, and rested her hands on her hips.

“Guess I should’ve warned you he cheats,” she said.

“So I see,” I said and rolled back tickling him to take back my controller. “Two can play that game!”

Robby laughed as I tickled him and tried to squirm away slipping on the hardwood floor. “Nooo!” I grabbed his foot, and wrapped my arm around his ankle holding his foot in place and tickling it mercilessly. “Aunt Buffy help!” he squealed.

“Supper’s ready, guys. That’s all the help you get, little man. Go wash your hands,” Buffy told us, watching us with a smile.

I let Robby’s foot go, and as he scrabbled on the floor I slid him on his stomach around me so he faced towards the hall. He giggled the whole time and so did I; Robby was a good kid and I genuinely liked him, so playing with him was always a pleasure. Going to home with them was a new facet to the relationship I had built with both him and Buffy, but I was enjoying myself. The flirting that had happened with Tara wasn’t hurting things either.

Robby hopped up and went sliding down the hall, his laughter bouncing off the walls. I still sat on the floor, smiling myself as I looked up at Buffy. She offered me a hand to get up that I gratefully took. Pushing my hair away from my face, she looked down at my feet. Following her line of sight I did too, while sitting on the floor with Robby I had taken off my work boots to be more comfortable.

“Nice socks, Will,” Buffy snorted.

“What’s wrong with my socks?” I asked defensively. “They’re great, and they make me happy.” I said wiggling my toes; both socks were black one had multi-colors stars on them and the other multi-colored dots.

“But don’t socks usually match?”

“Well normally, but these don’t. When you buy them, they come in sets of three each different. I got stars, stripes and dots.” I grinned and wiggled my toes again.

“You’re kidding me,” Buffy said suspiciously.

“Nope, I got them at Disney World. I did buy another set, so I guess I could match them up but where’s the fun in that?” I asked.

Buffy shook her head and giggled. She led me down a short hallway, and I could hear Tara and Joyce along with Robby’s giggles as we got closer to the dining room. I could hear glasses and silverware clinking. I pointed off to a bathroom as we passed it.

“Let me wash my hands too, and I’ll be right in,” I said.

Buffy nodded. “The dining room is just down to your right, can’t miss it.”

“Gotcha,” I replied slipping through the door.

When I turned on the light and looked in the mirror I was absolutely horrified by what I saw. My hair was sticking up in several places from where Robby and I had been wrestling around on the floor, and my face was flushed. Turning on the faucet, I quickly splashed cold water against my cheeks in an effort to try to cool them down. Then I went after my hair, I couldn’t believe Buffy hadn’t said anything hair but managed to comment on my socks. If I hadn’t wanted to wash my hands I would have gone to supper looking like a nut case.

After taking care of my hair among other things, I emerged from the bathroom and headed down the hall. I could easily have followed the scent of food even if Buffy hadn’t told me where to go. When I came in Robby was already seated, and Buffy and Tara were coming in with steaming dishes of food. A bowl of green beans were already on the table along with what looked like a cheese sauce; I could tell there was something else in it just not what. Buffy had mashed potatoes and Tara was carrying a platter with friend chicken on it.

The wonderful smells hit my nose as I stood in the entrance, and of course my stomach let out the mother of all rumbles just as Joyce followed the girls in with glasses. Well there went my hopes of not being red in the face when I came to the dinner table; Robby began giggling behind a hand while I blushed profusely. I shoved my hands nervously in my pockets wishing I could just sink into the floor.

“Sounds like someone brought an appetite,” Joyce said teasingly.

I’m pretty sure even the tips of my ears didn’t escape the blush at that point, and I was wondering how quickly I could grab my shoes and get out the door and just how rude would that be. Buffy came to my rescue – sort of.

“Well, I’ve had lunch with our littler welder over there, and I’ve seen her eat. You’d think she hasn’t eaten in a week, and that’s on a daily basis.” Buffy said with a wink.

“Gee, thanks Buff,” I muttered.

“I’m here for ya, Will.” Buffy smirked.

“You can sit next to Robby, Willow,” Joyce said. “What would you like to drink? We have soda, milk, juice…”

“Umm, soda would be good,” I said still feeling embarrassed.

“I’ll be right back, dear,” Joyce replied as she moved back into the kitchen.

Tara sat opposite me, Buffy across from Robby and Joyce at the head of the table once we all sat down. This suited me fine, because then I could steal glances at Tara while we ate. Robby handed Joyce his plate and she quickly put a spoonful from all of the bowls and a drumstick on it for him. The dishes had already started to move around the table, making their way back to her.

I was staring into the bowl of what looked like cheese sauce and wasn’t sure what to do with it. It seemed a little out of place with everything else on the table. No one was using it to cover the mashed potatoes or the green beans, but everyone had some, so I was a bit at a loss. I looked up, and Tara was watching me as I started to pass the bowl off to Joyce.

“Nope, you get some too,” Tara said chuckling.

I cleared my throat, and asked as politely as I could. “Uh, what is it?”

“Broccoli in a double cheese sauce, it’s the only way the little man will eat it,” Tara answered.

“Oh,” I said and took a small spoonful before passing the bowl over to Joyce. Then I leaned over to Robby conspiratorially and whispered loudly, “I’m with you, buddy. If you’ve got to eat the little green trees at least hide them in something good.”

Robby smiled, nodding. “The cheese makes them taste better, then I don’t have to see them either.”

“Good plan,” I nodded sagely, giving him a wink.

Everyone had started to eat, and Robby and I looked at each other then scooped some of the broccoli and cheese up and took a mouthful. We chewed quickly and made faces at each other as we hurriedly ate that first, then started on our green beans, working our way around our plates.

“You’re as bad as he is, Willow,” Tara commented.

I looked over and almost all of his mashed potatoes were gone too. Now he was alternating between bites of his drumstick and the potatoes. I had heard from Buffy how hard it was to get him to eat sometimes no matter what was cooked, or what they tried to use to entice him to eat. To say he was a “picky” eater was being nice. For a bright little boy he had a few issues, I didn’t know what caused them, but I wanted to help.

I looked her in the eye and replied smugly. “May be, but he’s eaten almost everything on his plate.”

I saw her eyes flicker over to his plate as he asked Joyce for more potatoes and the other drumstick. Buffy smirked behind her fork and Joyce was smiling too.

“You want more, Willow?” Robby asked as he bit into his second drumstick.

“Sure, buddy. What piece should I have?” I asked smiling at the little boy, then taking the breast he pointed out for me. “That’s my favorite piece too, thanks.”

From the corner of my eye I noticed that Tara rested her chin on her hand watching Robby and I intently while we ate and talked. With a shake of her head, she went back to eating her own dinner. There were stolen glances with Tara, along with the polite adult conversation around the table as well during the meal, but it felt like she was trying to read my... intent maybe? I explained in a little more detail what I did at the gallery. I even went so far as to mention two pieces of art that had been well received recently at a showing that I had helped with proudly.

As the meal wound down, Robby started to slump back in his chair and rub his tummy. I watched him for a moment then leaned over and whispered in his ear. He smiled, nodded his head then excused himself from the table to disappear up stairs.

The other women around the table were looking at me curiously, obviously wondering what I had said to Robby. I blushed again before wiping my mouth and clearing my throat. I looked around the table, and spoke softly in case Robby had come back down.

“Umm, I hope I haven’t overstepped my bounds, but Buffy and I talk about Robby all the time. He’s a great little boy, and I love spending time with him. So I know a little bit about him, you know, getting him to eat, and some of his other problems. I just promised him if he brushed his teeth and got his pajamas on I’d play one more game with him before I went home. I’m just trying to help, really,” I said holding my breath.

All three looked at each other, Joyce and Buffy just shrugged, noncommittally, but Tara narrowed her eyes suspiciously at me.

“What’s in it for you?” she asked all traces the humor we had shared earlier was gone from her voice.

“Huh?” I asked dumbly.

“What do you get out of it, Willow?” she asked again.

“Um… nothing,” I replied softly, as I held her gaze.

“Tara, I’ve seen Will with Robby, she’s great with him. He likes her, and he trusts her,” Buffy commented on my behalf.

“Everybody wants something, Willow,” Tara said shooting a pointed look at Buffy as she rose, taking her plate and one of the bowls from the table.

I looked at Buffy and Joyce, and knew immediately I had overstepped myself. “I’m sorry, I shouldn’t have done that, it wasn’t my place. I’m so sorry. I just knew it was going to be his bedtime soon, and we had been having such a good time this evening, so I thought if I could help… I’m really sorry. I shouldn’t have… I wo-won’t do it again, I swear.”

Joyce finally spoke. “You’ll have to forgive Tara; she’s very… protective when it comes to Robby. We all are, but Willow, I agree with Buffy. I know you only meant well, and I’ve watched you with Robby. Just give Tara time to catch up and see what we see, okay?”

I nodded and swallowed hard. All of a sudden I felt like I was going to cry, I knew I had mucked things up royally. I had to figure out how to fix it, how to fix things with Tara. I wanted fun, flirty Tara back. The evening had started off so well only to go screamingly down in flames. Tara came back in, collecting Robby’s empty plate and glass without so as much a glance at me.

I sighed heavily, and put my head in my hands.

Robby came sliding back in on his socks dressed in blue pajama’s with rockets on them. I lifted my head to smile brightly at him. I didn’t want the little boy to know anything was wrong, or to think he had somehow done something wrong by going along with my suggestions. This was all my doing; it was my fault, not his.

We went sliding on our socks back up the hallway and back to the video game console for more rounds of Sonic. Buffy and Joyce joined us, we chatted while Robby and I played. After forty-five minutes of conversation and watching us play, Joyce said her good nights and went upstairs. Buffy joined in the game and the three of us played for maybe a half hour or so more.

Buffy and I chatted while we played, and I was taking my turn when Robby rolled over and laid his head in my lap. I bit my lip and looked at Buffy. I didn’t know what to do, and at this point I wasn’t sure if this was a good thing or not. If Tara saw, I wasn’t sure what her reaction would be. Buffy just smiled, covering him with a throw blanket and soon he was a sleep.

We had stopped playing, and having the well polished wood floors came in handy. I could slide Robby and I back against one of the sofa’s so I could lean against it without waking him. Buffy and I sat talking and I asked Buffy what was her plan to help me find a place of my own.

“Oh, the plan is Tara. She works with the HUD homes program for the city,” Buffy said.

“Aren’t those low income houses, though? I’m not exactly low income,” I replied, gently stroking Robby’s head that was still resting in my lap.

“Not all the houses are low income, or in neighborhoods that are being revitalized,” Tara answered as she came in the living room and sat on the sofa across from me. Her face was unreadable as she looked at Robby sleeping on me, and then continued, “Some are bank foreclosures or repossessions. Some are condos and townhouses, but they aren’t listed with normal realtors because we deal with the government.”

“Oh. I had no idea it covered that much,” I said.

“There are requirements for the HUD homes, but the foreclosures and repossessions work a little differently. I can get some listings for you if you like.” Tara’s voice had softened and had less of the hard edge it had gotten at the end of dinner.

“Sure, that would be great. I think I’ve looked at everything else in town.” I tried to smile.

“I can bring them home and give them to Buffy to give to you,” Tara said as she nodded, but she still wouldn’t look at me directly.

Standing she said, “I should take him upstairs.”

My heart sank a little at hearing this – it was she obviously didn’t want to see me. If she was going to just pass the list off to Buffy that would remove any further need for her to see me. Her words made me incredibly sad. I knew I had just met her, I knew I shouldn’t be that upset by the prospect of not seeing her again, but I was. I thought something had begun between us, and now… well maybe things would be better this way.

Buffy jumped up, trying to help in her own way. “Nope, I got it. Take a load off, Tara; I’ll be back in a bit.”

“Subtle, Buff,” I said softly.

Buffy winked at me as she gently lifted Robby from my lap. I couldn’t help smiling at the little sleeping figure that had been such a whirlwind of energy just a few hours before. I eased up onto the sofa as my rear was still a bit tender, and all the sitting on the floor hadn’t helped. Putting my hurt feelings aside I immediately grabbed for my boots and started to put them on. I thought it would just be best, not make things any more uncomfortable than they had to be.

“Willow…” Tara started softly.

I looked up at her – she finally looked at me – and held my hands up. “No, I get it, Tara, it’s okay. I know you don’t know me, and I made a mistake.” I finished putting my boots on and started lacing them up. I could see Tara stand and start pacing a little from the corner of my eye.

Once they were laced up I got up and went to the closet to retrieve my coat, then I shrugged it on. I felt like a fool; I wanted out of the house and out from under Tara’s gaze as quickly as I could without appearing to be completely rude. I got it, she kinda went all “momma bear” on me, and that was okay. I really did understand her point of view even if I didn’t know the whole story. I didn’t have to – Robby was hers and important to her – I would be protective of him too.

I had already moved towards the door when I Tara finally spoke again.

“Willow, stop.”

I stood facing the door with my head down. I didn’t want to make things worse, so I just stayed still. I felt a hand on my shoulder, turning me around. I still didn’t look up; it just seemed like if I looked into her wonderful blue eyes again that would make it all the worse that I had messed things up.

“Willow, Robby’s life hasn’t been easy, and yes, I’m protective of my little guy. I have to be, I’m all the family he’s got. I know there’s a lot you don’t know too, but my nephew means the world to me, and I just don’t want to see him hurt. You’re an adult and he’s not, there are things he doesn’t understand. Friends are hard for him, you know?” Tara said, her voice quiet but full of emotion.

“Tara, I get it – I do, and I know how this must have looked to you. But I met a little boy who needed a friend when I didn’t even know I needed one too. We play together, we’re goofy, and we have fun. We eat frozen custard together and play video games. I know he has some problems, and that I don’t know the full extent, but that’s okay too. I don’t need to; I can see how special he is, and how well loved he is. I don’t want anything pervy, or gross, and I don’t expect anything from anyone for being his friend. I would never do anything to hurt Robby, and in the process of meeting him I’ve met Buffy and Joyce, who are really great too. That’s all, Tara… that’s all it is.” I said in a rush.

I had been speaking to my shoes, and I finally looked up at her. Taking a deep breath, I nodded. “Good night, Tara. I’ll get that listing from Buffy, thanks for that.”

I turned on my heel, opened the door and walked out into the cold winter night. The knot in my stomach had morphed into a lump in my throat. I made my way carefully down the slippery steps this time, and by the time I reached my truck tears were rolling down my cheeks. I felt a sense of loss I didn’t quite get, and I wasn’t sure if it was over Robby or Tara.

I drove home that night with teary eyes and a heavy heart. When I got home I went directly to my room and crawled into bed. For the first time in a long time I felt almost as bad as I had when I got back from Las Vegas.

TBC...

Last edited by vampyregurl73 on Mon Nov 26, 2012 12:07 am, edited 5 times in total.

Post subject: Re: Re: New Fic/AU Penny Arcade Chapter 8 04/13/12
PostPosted: Sat Apr 14, 2012 9:37 am 
4. Extra Flamey

Dibs!

Wow talk about unexpected! Now I have so many questions. What on earth happened in Tara's past that makes her so wary of people around Robby? And where are Robby's parents/the rest of the family? We need some serious history on this whole situation!

And poor Willow! I mean I understand that Tara is a little weirded out but she also has to remember that Willow and Robby have had quite some time to bond at the arcade with Buffy. Hmmmm very curious to see what happens next!

~Leo

Last edited by leos_pride on Sun Apr 15, 2012 5:20 pm, edited 1 time in total.

PostPosted: Sat Apr 14, 2012 9:51 am 
32. Kisses and Gay Love

Lots of strange information here. Tara seems into Willow but also very very wary. I feel bad for Willow. She is obviously reacting to the combination of sync/attraction with Tara while also trying to process the "step away" vibe. Hard to do. Hmmm. I'm guessing that Robbie is Donnie's and Tara's mom and Donnie are both dead but in that case, where is Robby's mother? All somewhat confusing. I hadn't gotten the impression before that Robby had "issues" or whatever but now it seems that Willow thinks it is obvious. I guess Buffy has alluded to issues or something. I'm very curious and eager for more.

PostPosted: Sat Apr 14, 2012 1:18 pm 
6. Sassy Eggs

Interesting. Like Debra, I haven't picked up on any issues either. A lot of kids are picky eaters. I'm 24 and my diet consists of either macaroni and cheese or breadsticks and cheese every single day. There wasn't a any food listed in this meal that I would have liked so I will need more evidence of his "issues." Here is what I know: he seems obsessed with video games; "friends are hard for him;" he's a "picky eater" (although I want more evidence); and that Tara seems very protective of him being taken advantage of. While each trait alone is not unusual, when they are combined, along with the multiple mention of "issues," makes me wonder. I might be projecting because I see a lot of myself in him, but I wonder if he has Asperger's Syndrome. It's really the mention of issues that makes me put everything together since he doesn't seem that different.

Can't wait to see if I'm on the right track. Update soon. :)

PostPosted: Sat Apr 14, 2012 1:59 pm 

Heather, Heather, Heather...you couldn't just give us all rainbows and sunshine, could you? Poor Willow...you're gonna make her work for it. I don't think I can take anymore depressed Willow chapters. :sob

Anyway, I guess I'll stop whining long enough to say how much I love the chemistry between Willow and Robby, they are very sweet together. Even though I know that in the end everything will work out, I suspect the getting there is going to take awhile. The playful flirty banter between Tara and Willow was super cute. Hopefully we'll see more very soon. I imagine that Buffy will have to act as a mediator and have serious heart to heart's with both of our girls.

Anxiously awaiting more!

~Shelb

PostPosted: Sat Apr 14, 2012 4:43 pm 
6. Sassy Eggs

Wow, okay, that was not at all what I was expecting. My heart broke for Willow. Definitely mamma bear came out of Tara and I can kinda understand why from her perspective. Some person she's never really met before has some wonderous bond with her near-as-can-be child and is treating him as such. It might be a bit much for me as well. Also, I'm on board with the the whole, what's up with the issues? I didn't really see him having any, so I'm anxious for you to explain more about that.

I think that it is perfect that it is a strangely cold, cloudy, stormy day outside because this is how this chapter made me feel. *Heavy sigh* Looking forward to upcoming days of sunshine. Take care.

PostPosted: Wed Apr 18, 2012 12:13 am 
9. Gay Now

Yeah, i'm kinda bummed and feeling sorry for poor Willow.
Which i guess is a good thing 'cos if i didn't care, it wouldn't be a very good story would it?

I'm guessing that either Tara or maybe Robby have been taken advantage of in the past.
in some way that may be oogy.

I get that Tara is protective, but doesn't she trust Buffy and Joyce's opinions of Willow?
oh well.

I look forward to seeing what happens next.

And i'm glad you are feeling well enough to post some stuff :bounce

I hope you are 100% soon. :flower

PostPosted: Wed Apr 18, 2012 6:13 am 
5. Willowhand

So I read this, went to post feedback, got distracted and never came back. This was a really great update though. And forgive me if I echo everyone else but here's my thoughts.

Such a promising start of the chapter between Willow and Tara. There's flirting and fun banter. And then boom. It's like Willow ran into a wall. Her interactions with Joyce, Buffy and Robby are all fantastic to watch and they seem so happy to have Willow in their life. And the Tara throws us this curve ball. I felt awful for Willow. I just wanted to give her a big hug.

I have so many questions, all of which everyone above me already asked. Hopefully you'll let us in on a few of the answers soon. Looking forward to more.

PostPosted: Wed Apr 25, 2012 10:16 pm 
11. Fish in the Bowl

Topics: 2
Hey, Heather!

You have made a fan out of me! :clap :applause :clap

There's a lot in this story . . . but what really grabs me is texture . . . a sense of layers of a more complex, adult world somehow. Willow's humor was delightful, her shyness very endearing but her hurt just reached out and grabbed my heart. I loved the pictures, beautiful way of 'montage-ing' their lives together.

Honestly, I love Tara but don't get where she's coming from on this.

And yes - I WANT MORE!!! So keep writing! :kgeek :whip

Ariel
How I Met Your Mother

PostPosted: Thu Apr 26, 2012 10:46 am 
5. Willowhand

I would like to order another update please?

PostPosted: Wed May 09, 2012 3:03 am 
8. Vixen

Leo!

Congratulation on your dibs. I know you have questions, and this chapter doesn't answer any of them, lol. You'll just have to wait and see what's coming up next.

Thanks for reading!

Deb aka JustSkipIt,

You'll begin to get a better picture of the "issues" with Robby coming in the chapters to follow after this one, and the fate of the rest of Tara's family will come out too. I promise. I'm glad you want more, I'm working on it!

Thanks for your feedback!

BuffyFan4ever,

I know I hadn't gone into great detail about Robby and any issues he may have up until this point, but I promise I will. And I know about picky eaters, my son would have lived on chicken nuggets if I let him when he was younger. Fortunately he grew out of that phase.

Thanks for reading.

Shelby aka Finey_McFine,

LOL! Rainbows and sunshine?!?! Do you know me? Have you read what I write? LOL While I am definitely not the "Mistress of Angst" or anything, I don't think I could do all sunshine and rainbows. There has to be some grey skies and storms in there too. Maybe it's just me. I will say I will try to give Willow some sunshine and less grey skies, ok?

I'm so glad you're enjoying it. I have fun writing Willow and Robby together, and of course flirty is always fun!

Thank you!!

Lexi aka True_Love,

I promise things will come out over the next few chapters - not this one of course - that I hope will explain lots of everyone's questions. Maybe this chapter will give everyone a little hope.

Thanks for stoppin' by!

Richard aka Azirahael,

It will get better, I promise, hon. Have I ever not kept my promise to you?

Thanks for taking the time for feedback!

Jess aka Beautiful_Love,

Looks like with the last chapter I created more questions than I answered, huh? *evil laugh*

I broke my magic eight ball, so I guess I'll actually have to come up with stuff on my own.

Things will start to smooth out soon though, I promise.

Thanks for the feedback!

Julie aka Ariel,

I made a fan of you?!?!? YAY ME!!!!!

I promise more, this story isn't over yet.

So glad you're reading this one too!

fhiwda,

Your wish is my command..... ORDER UP!

POST DIRECTLY BELOW

Last edited by vampyregurl73 on Wed Jun 06, 2012 6:36 pm, edited 2 times in total.

Post subject: New Fic/AU Penny Arcade Chapter 9 05/09/12
PostPosted: Wed May 09, 2012 3:27 am 
8. Vixen

Chapter Nine

Pairing: W/T

Angst Rating: PG & a little bit of a cliffhanger

Disclaimer: I in no way, shape or form own the characters from BtVS, they’re owned by Joss Whedon/Mutant Enemy. All original characters are in no way connected to them except by me in this forum. No money is involved this is simply for my own pleasure.

Email: riverwillows@me.com

Author’s Notes: I have decided that since I also have “Dry Heat” that I’m working on, and I want to work on chapters for both stories, so I plan to limit myself to one chapter each and try to post to each once a month until further notice. Thank you to everyone that is reading, and per the norm, there is no beta on this so if you see anything glaringly wrong feel free to pm me with it & I'll take care of it. Also italics are for emphasis.

Baby, It’s Cold Outside

Sleep was hit or miss that night after I left Buffy’s – I don’t think what I did would even actually qualify as sleeping. I spent more time tossing and turning, only to stare at the ceiling than actually sleeping. Just before six, I crawled out of bed so I could shuffle down the hall and into the bathroom. The made the water a little hotter than normal to help ease some of the tension that had seeped into my body during the night and to try to clear some of the cobwebs hiding in my mind.

As I stood under the shower head I thought even more. I realized as I scrubbed the shampoo through over my scalp one of the reasons I felt so bad was because I was embarrassed. I mean, how would I feel if a complete stranger came into where I work and started telling me how to do my job? It wasn’t quite the same, but the principal was. I had invaded not just her living space, but I had tried to usurp her position in the hierarchy in her home.

The neon sign of understanding that read “DUH”, flickered on above my head, and shampoo ran into my eyes. Well… it served me right, but now I got it. The situation would have been completely different if Tara hadn’t been there and it had been just the four of us. Buffy and Joyce knew me and weren’t threatened by me. Ah, but Tara… well, I had really put my foot in it, and not in a good way.

All of these thoughts swirled in my soggy mind as I dried off and dressed for the day. I wandered into the kitchen to put on a pot of coffee; I knew Erik would be leaving today to go see his parents for the holiday. I decided to scramble some eggs, and at the last minute bacon sounded good too, so it set some in a pan to get crispy. I knew the smell of coffee would bring Erik out of bed, and I made sure I had enough eggs to cook some for him when he came down. After pouring some eggs into the hot skillet, I set the bowl in the fridge to wait.

I had just put food on my plate and poured a cup of coffee when he staggered in stretching and rubbing his eyes. At least he wasn’t scratching “unmentionable” places. That I can always do without baring witness to; but he is a guy and it’s inevitable even if he was pretty good about not subjecting me to the horror of it regularly.

“Morning,” I said.

“Mmornn,” he yawned.

“Hungry?” I asked as I watched him bump into the counter by the coffee pot.

“Yeah…hungry…coffee,” he mumbled.

I chuckled and pulled the eggs from the fridge, and re-lit the burner. “Here, have my plate,” I said as I slid my plate towards him. “You have to get your own coffee, though.”

“Thanks, Will. You’re the best.” Erik smiled at me before he moved to stared sleepily into the cabinet looking for a coffee mug.

“They’re in the dishwasher, I ran it yesterday morning before work,” I shook my head. “Are you sure you’re not hung over or something? Maybe coming down with, oh I don’t know, some sort of brain ailment that’s making you act like you need a padded helmet?” I asked suspiciously.

“Hmmm? Yeah, I’m up. No hangover, no helmet, I promise,” He mumbled as he took his first sips of hot coffee. “Ahh, now that’s good stuff.”

With the pan hot I poured the eggs in, munching on a piece of bacon while I waited. Erik picked up his plate, and then shuffled over to the kitchen table. I stirred my eggs watching Erik with amusement as he took the pot of coffee to the table and downed his coffee while crumbling the bacon over his eggs.

I joined Erik on the other side of the table, and we ate in companionable silence. The sky was grey and covered in full, fluffy clouds. It had started to snow lightly as we finished eating and sipped at our coffee. The street and yard slowly became dusted with a thin layer of pearly white snow as we sat watching. Erik topped off his own cup then without thinking reached over to do the same for me emptying the pot.

“What time are you leaving for your parents?” I asked softly

He looked at the clock on the microwave. “Well, now we know the roads will be wet, and I still have to shower and throw some clothes together. Probably in a couple of hours; that way I don’t have to speed to be there for dinner. What are your plans for the day?”

“I think I’ll go into work for a while. Brenda’s throwing this universal holiday party later this today, so I’ll keep myself busy until then and just come home.” I shrugged.

He nodded. “Sure you don’t want to come with, Will?”

I smiled. “Nope, I’m good. Really. I have a date with Charlie Brown and The Grinch. So would you like your present now?”

“Ooo, gifties. You know how I love a good gift, or any kind for that matter.” Erik said his eyes sparkling like a child’s.

“You sound like a girl.” I laughed. “Okay, I’ll be right back,” I said as I skipped out of the kitchen and up to my room. I heard Erik come up the stairs after me and waited for a moment in my room.

We met in the hallway, and handed each other a prettily wrapped gift. His was long and slim, and mine had two boxes. One was large and deep with another slim box on top. We giggled and went downstairs to sit next to one another on the couch.

“You first! Open it, open it!” I urged him bouncing and poking him in the ribs

“Alright already! Stop with the poking!” He laughed and squirmed away from me.

He made short work of ripping into the paper and opened the long velvet case. We had done some windows shopping while we out house/apartment/whatever hunting for me, when he saw this watch and he practically drooled over it every time. After the last time we saw it I decided to go after work and get it for him. He just stared for a moment at the watch, then turned and pulled me into his lap and a rib crushing hug.

“Will, you’re the best! How did you remember?” He asked.

“Air, please,” I wheezed until he let me go some. “Well, it could have been the trails of drool you left behind you every time you saw it that gave it away,” I giggled. “After the last time we were in Old Colorado City, I went back for it the next day. I did good?” I asked playfully.

“You did good,” He said and gave me another squeeze. “Open yours.”

I moved off of his lap, and leaned up against the arm of the sofa, curling one leg underneath me. I pulled the two boxes apart, and shook one then the other. The slim box didn’t make much of a sound but I could tell there was something in it, and the larger box rattled. I opened the slim box first, and when I pulled the lid off, a gorgeous deep forest green silk scarf lay there neatly folded in front of me.

“Oh, Erik,” I whispered as I took it carefully out of the box. “It’s beautiful.” I rubbed it gently against my cheek, grinning. I hung the scarf around my neck and went for the larger box. As I pulled off the paper I could see that the box was gold, and when I got the top clear I could see “Godiva” imprinted on it. I laughed loudly.

“Silk and expensive chocolates? You really know how to treat a girl!” I laughed and pulled him close for another hug and kissed his cheek. “Thank you, I love it!”

“Me too, I love the watch. I got a gorgeous thing for a gorgeous thing and something decadent to keep you company since you’ll be alone for Christmas. You didn’t celebrate Hanukkah this year, so I thought you deserved it. But I’ll be back for New Years and we can paint the town red.” He said with a goofy grin

“Deal,” I agreed giving him a one-armed hug before I got up. “I’m going to put these away, and then I’m going to go into work. Be careful, and call me when you get there, okay?”

“You got it, hon.” He said with a smile, then stood up. “I think I hear a shower calling my name. Have fun at your party, too.”

“Yeah, it should be interesting. It is Brenda after all,” I laughed. “I’m a little scared of what she has planned.”

“You should be.” Erik snickered as he went up the stairs.

I watched my breath swirl in front of me as I got into my truck, then drove to the nearest Starbucks™ drive thru; ordering my favorite extra large, triple shot mocha and to be festive I had a shot of peppermint added before heading in to work. Since it was Christmas Eve, and I “technically” didn’t “have” to go into work at all that day. I really wasn’t looking forward to the forced joviality of the chrismannukasolstice party later but, I knew there was no way out of it without really hurting Brenda’s feelings. Besides I was in the need of some of the mindless activity that only work could provide.

When I got to the gallery not a soul was around, as I expected and hoped for. Over the months I had earned myself a set of keys to the building. I let myself in and turned on the heat in the gallery, before walking right into the workshop. I put in my ear buds and began to work. I had some sheets I could cut for a few of the artists so they would be ready when they came back after the holidays. With music pouring in through my ears, I got my torch going. Then I spent the next several hours cutting sheet metal and pipes to specs, all the while losing myself in the heat and drumbeats.

I decided to do pieces that were often requested by the artists next. I had bent two dozen slim pieces into pigtails, and was well into an even thirty spirals when Brenda tapped me on the shoulder. I must have jumped a good foot off the ground squealing. She was also lucky that at this point I had enough experience under my belt not to turn on her with the torch going. That would not have been pretty…or pleasant to smell.

“What the hell, Brenda? I could have hurt you!” I yelped.

“What are you doing here, Will?” Brenda asked.

“What does it look like? I’m working,” I huffed.

Brenda just looked at me like I had grown a horn in the middle of my forehead. “And you’re here working because…”

I set the torch aside, and pulled my gloves off. “Because there was work I could do, and I needed something to occupy my mind and time. I know I don’t have to be here, but you didn’t say I couldn’t be either, so I came in this morning.” I rushed out in one breath, tapping my gloves nervously against my leg.

Brenda cocked her head to one side as she studied me. “What’s up with you, Will?”

I shook my head. “Nothing, I just have a lot on my mind and wanted to work. It helps me sort through thing, you know? I use the mindless repetition and when I come back to whatever it is, everything seems clearer.”

“Are you sure you’re okay?” she asked.

I just nodded and started to slip my heavy gloves back on.

“Uh, I don’t think so,” Brenda said. “If you’re here, I’ll put you to work decorating. Maybe that will put you in the holiday spirit.” She smiled.

“Oh, noo…can’t I just work here in the shop?” I groaned as I put my torch down and pulled my gloves off again. “You really don’t want me to help you decorate, I suck at it. Besides, hey, Jewish here! I don’t really do the whole Christmas decorating thing.”

Brenda laughed, and for some reason it sounded faintly sinister. “Oh, Willow, Willow. I will direct, and you will hang. All you have to do is follow my instructions, and hey, no thinking for you! Mindless, just like you wanted.”

“Fine, you win... boss. But if you think I’m dressing like an elf, you’re out of your mind.” I answered.

Just after two o’clock I hung the last decoration while Brenda finished the last bits of lights on the gorgeous Colorado Blue Spruce tree that must have been a good twelve feet tall. The lovely silvery needles reflected the gentle pulsing of the white lights along with the glass decorations neatly woven throughout its branches. Brenda had also placed scented candles around the gallery that were waiting to be lit.

I plopped down in a chair across from the tree and watched Brenda circle it checking for holes in her decorations. I looked at the lengths of popcorn strung on thread that I had hung, little dancing reindeer, snowmen, menorahs, dreidels, candy canes, two Yule logs, mistletoe in four places. And I began to wonder just how long Brenda had been working on all of this, since I was fairly sure Brenda had lost her cotton-pickin’ mind as I looked around.

“You could go light the candles,” Brenda said as she continued to circle the tree.

“With what? A blow torch?” I snickered.

“Ha, ha, laughing girl. Keep it up, I do have an elf costume around here somewhere from last year,” she huffed.

“You wouldn’t dare,” I said eyeing her warily.

“Aww, c’mon, Will. Tis’ the season, after all,” Brenda said stopping to look at me and smile.

“And again with the Jewish over here,” I said. “If you try to get me in an elf suit, I am soo out of here. You don’t pay me enough to put one on.”

Brenda laughed, and pulled a lighter out of her pocket and threw it at me. I ducked as it flew over my shoulder, skittering along the floor when it landed.

“Hey, now! You’ve got me climbing things, and now you’re throwing stuff at me! I want hazard pay for this!” I groused as I got up and had to crawl under a table after the lighter. “I’m delicate, you know.”

Apparently Brenda found that statement quite the riot. She laughed for the next fifteen minutes until she was in tears. I stood in front of her with my arms crossed over my chest and scowled at her while she howled in delight.

“What is it with everyone today? Have you started hitting the nog already? It’s a little early even for you, Bren,” I snarked.

“Keep it up, I see pointy shoes with little bells on them in your future,” she threatened again.

“Yeah, yeah,” I muttered walking towards the first candle. I shot her a look over my shoulder as she went back to circling the tree and now humming Christmas carols.

I shuddered a bit; because honestly, I was a little worried she might be serious about that damn elf costume.

I stayed in Brenda’s good graces, and avoided the elf suit that somehow did manage to make an appearance. Once I saw it I relaxed, it would never have fit me, as it was Brenda sized. I think she must have been snorting mistletoe mixed with candy canes; that outfit was truly a sight to behold, and one that has scarred my fragile little mind, I’m sure of it.

The party was still going strong when I slipped out to head home. The moon had been full a few nights prior; and while it wasn’t completely full anymore it was still large and a gorgeous shade of pale yellow against the inky night sky. I was just at the door of my truck when I heard the sound of bells. I stopped and rested my head against the cold glass before I turned around. There stood Brenda in all her elfin glory, hands on her hips, one belled foot tapping in annoyance.

“You were going to just slip out?” Brenda asked sounding hurt.

“Bren, I’m not sneaking away. You were busy, and I’m tired. It’s time for me to go home,” I said.

“You could have said goodbye, Will. I thought you were enjoying yourself.” Brenda said softly.

“I did, I was. I just…” I shrugged.

“You know you don’t have to be alone, right?” she asked.

I walked over and gave her a hug. “I’m okay, I promise. I was your willing holiday minion most of the day after several hours in the shop. I’m just tired I swear. Make someone else help you clean up.” I smiled.

“As long as you’re okay, then I’m okay,” She replied.

“I am. Go on with bad elf self,” I said laughing. “Besides, we’re on for New Year’s. It’ll be the three of us, and we’ll have a blast.”

Brenda giggled and nodded, bells jingled with her movements and I stifle my own giggle. She pulled out a candy cane from I’m not sure where, and offered it to me. I took it with a smile, and gently tapped her on the nose with it.

“Get back to your party, Santa’s little helper,” I said and pushed her back towards the door. “Night, Bren.”

“Night, Will. Be careful.” She called over her shoulder, the sounds of her bells echoing in the chilly night air.

I walked to back to my truck and didn’t even wait for it to warm up before I pulled out to head home. It was still relatively early when I got home. The house was cold and dark when I walked in, so my first stop was the thermostat to turn it up and take the chill out of the air.

I turned on the light in the living room before I went upstairs to change. I sat on my bed and put my phone on the charger and saw a text from Erik telling me he was safe in Denver and his parents sent their love. I also saw that I had missed a call from Buffy earlier in the day. She hadn’t left a message, so I just left my phone beside my bed.

I trotted down the stairs in flannel pajama bottoms, a raggedy old sweatshirt, and fuzzy socks. I flopped down on the couch with my favorite afgan in horrible shades of olive and rust my Nanna had made me years ago, and put my feet up before I turned on the television. I laid there and caught the tail end of the Snow Miser/Heat Miser’s song in “The Year Without a Santa Claus”.

I was debating with myself on the merits of popcorn over the deliciousness that is hot coco, when there was a knock at the door. I wasn’t expecting anyone, and I didn’t think it would be anyone for Erik either. I left the chain on the door and opened it enough to peek out.

“Hi, umm, can I come in?”

I closed the door, resting my hand against it flummoxed. Then it hit me that there was still someone standing on the other side of my front door. Quickly removing the chain I jerked the door open again.

“Tara?”

TBC…

Last edited by vampyregurl73 on Mon Nov 26, 2012 12:08 am, edited 5 times in total.

Post subject: Re: New Fic/AU Penny Arcade Chapter 9 05/09/12
PostPosted: Wed May 09, 2012 7:42 am 
11. Fish in the Bowl

Topics: 2
Dibs!!! :whip

AWESOME cliff hanger!

Liked the details of the shop . . interesting but LOVED the morning details of her and Erik's morning. The day to day details feel authentic and warm . . . a real friendship. And PRESENTS - yay! Good choices on both their parts.

Liked the Brenda and Willow dynamic, both tension and friendship and the elf costume banter was fun.

But Tara at the door . . . I'm on high alert now!

Ariel
How I Met Your Mother

PostPosted: Wed May 09, 2012 9:03 am 
5. Willowhand

Really?! You leave us there?!

Oh my lanta! ! !

I am waiting on pins and needles for the next update!

PostPosted: Wed May 09, 2012 7:31 pm 
3. Flaming O

Aw man! Leave us hanging, why don't you.

Again, amazing update!

Brenda seems like a great friend.

Can't wait to see what Tara has to say!

Looking forward for more!

PostPosted: Thu May 10, 2012 10:50 pm 
6. Sassy Eggs

YAY! Another Heather update! I don't know if it's because you wrote this at the same time as Dry Heat or not, but I feel like this has the same quiet tone as the other update did. Willow just seemed to be going through the motions to get through the day. It was like she was set apart from all the other characters even when she was joined by them. I respect Erik for giving Willow her space. Sometimes a good friend just has to know when to back off and give you your quiet time. He could have begged and begged and made Willow feel obligated to go with him, but he didn't. He gave her that space she needed.

Brenda on the other hand is a whole different story. It seems as if she almost wants to smack the saddness out of Willow. Like she doesn't want to give her time to herself and feels like she needs to keep her busy to keep her mind off her problems. I loved the back and forth between the two. Great tension.

Then, of course the cliff hanger. I actually love them. They're a great writer's tool...when you can turn the page, but ugh. Now we have to wait until next month. Twist the knife in a little deeper why don't ya. Lol. Just kidding. It's worth the wait. I'm sure Tara's coming to apologize...a little, but more importantly, invite her over for Christmas day. That will be a great surprise for Robbie. Of course, this is all just a guess, but had to put my two cents in. Great update as always.

Last edited by True_Love on Mon May 14, 2012 6:24 pm, edited 1 time in total.

PostPosted: Mon May 14, 2012 5:55 pm 
5. Willowhand

Hey Heather!

Great update. I was sitting there wondering the whole time, where's this going? What's she going to do about Tara? You kept me hanging on the whole time while still keeping me fully engaged in the story by just getting more and more insight into Willow's life and relationships with her friends. It was very cool to read. And then you drop the hammer at the end. Lol. Really great update and I can't wait to see what happens next.

PostPosted: Wed May 16, 2012 4:31 am 
32. Kisses and Gay Love

Nice. Nice to see Willow has such a close relationship with Eric and that she was at the holiday party even if she doesn't enjoy it. I'm very eager to read the visit from Tara. Hmmm...

PostPosted: Thu May 17, 2012 9:05 pm 

I was glad to see that Willow didn't crawl up in her shell and wallow in her misery, well, anymore than she already had, lol. She forced herself out, even if it wasn't exactly where she wanted to be. I really like your Willow a lot and I'm hoping Tara is coming to apologize and talk things out. Maybe explain why she reacted the way she did. Although, I think Willow already figured it out, but Tara needs to put her feelings into words and Willow needs to hear it.

Anyway, loved it and can't wait for more!!

"Transform your pain. Release your past. And ... uh ... get over it."
~Willow, Where The Wild Things Are

PostPosted: Sat May 19, 2012 1:13 am 
9. Gay Now

Nuts, forgot to subscribe the topic.
No wonder i didn't know there was an update.

Grumble grumble.

Yay! looks like there's a chance for dialogue, explanations and maybe even cuddles, what with the mistletoe an' all :banana

I am looking forward to it :bounce

Go Willow!

R

My Story: Coming Home

PostPosted: Tue May 29, 2012 1:24 am 
3. Flaming O

Hiya
So I know I haven't being in here posting, but I do read this amazing wonderful story. How couldn't I? :drool :blush

I would had post, but all the time I read the posted from the other I used to think. what should I write, they all said what I wanna say, she doesn't need me bothering her with the same words. BUT I am here now, and I will not leave until you post again, PLEASE PLEASE I need more of this drug that is your story for me. I'm living on expectation what is the deal with Tara. what exactly happened with Willow? WHAT IS WRONG WITH ROBBY? :buried

Damn, I have so many question, that need answers. So you missy, should post more so my answer can come up into the story :P

Now that you got my message, MOREEEEEEEEE please :eyebrow

:kitty
Tay

PostPosted: Wed May 30, 2012 6:20 pm 
2. Floating Rose

I am such a huge, huge fan of this story. Initially I caught it over on ff, but at the time there were only a couple of chapters posted there. When I saw that it was over here with way more updates I decided to throw myself back in to it which, if I may say so, was an excellent decision. You derive the characters so well and the plot is both intricate and intriguing. At every moment it's clear that you know exactly which details are going to become important, and when, and how.

You portray the characters beautifully by including both characteristics we know they would have from witnessing them on the show as well as characteristics that they very realistically would retain that you insert yourself. For instance, Willow's interactions with little Robby fit perfectly with the sweet, caring nature we all know she has but was not explored on the show in regards to interactions like she has with Robby. This makes those interactions very believable not to mention incredibly touching in their own right. In a similar vein, Tara protectiveness is a well-known aspect of her personality, but was never seen on the show as an almost irrational over-protectiveness like she displays when Willow oversteps her bounds a little. I look forward to the next chapter where, hopefully we will be able to have a greater insight into Tara's rationale, and I am confident that your interpretation will be spot on.

As a side note, when I was rereading the first few chapters I saw that everybody was speculating constantly as to who the narrator was. I realized that, when i had read the story on fanfiction, there was no doubt in my mind that it from Willow's perspective. In fact, until I saw the comments left by some of your readers I hadn't even realized that you never mentioned who was speaking. I think this shows exactly how well you've been portraying these characters.

You just keep doing you, and I'll keep reading and relishing!

PostPosted: Mon Jun 04, 2012 9:02 am 
10. Troll Hammer

Loving the story.

PostPosted: Wed Jun 06, 2012 8:32 am 
3. Flaming O

Just passing by to do my happy dance :banana :banana :eatme :eatme :banana :banana

THREE DAYS TO GOOOOO!!!!!!
YAYAYAYAYAYAY

Can't wait for more chapter :blush :blush :blush :blush

:kitty
Tay

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 190 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7  Next