The Kitten, the Witches and the Bad Wardrobe - Willow & Tara Forever

General Chat  || Kitten  || WaV  || Pens  || Mi2  || GMP  || TiE  || FAQ  || Feed - The Kitten, the Witches and the Bad Wardrobe

All times are UTC - 8 hours [ DST ]

Post subject: Re: February Challenge (Winner announced!)
PostPosted: Sat Mar 10, 2012 11:01 am 
7. Teeny Tinkerbell Light

Congrats Jules! It was a tough choice (for me) between your fic and Shelby's. I enjoyed all the entries. But, your 2 fics shined the most.

PostPosted: Sat Mar 10, 2012 8:42 pm 
11. Fish in the Bowl

Topics: 2
Note from Ariel: AKA Julie

First off, I was thrilled. Major happy dances in my home - at midnight, yet!

I have to say I enjoyed all the stories, Blayne/Taralicious' story was full of Whovian amazement and a VERY funny cross-over and Kate created a loving snapshot of a special family and YES, can hardly wait for "Stained Glass" to come out - read some and it's a powerhouse!

SPECIAL THANKS TO: DELAYNE for offering cool badges and leading the way for the rest of us, not to mention 2 AWESOMELY FUNNY and wonderful entries! And KATE for creating a lovely bit of family warmth in her story, hosting the thread and getting the book, that's so amazingly generous. AND KAJUN who set up the two vote system to keep it simple and fun!

But I want to say a very special thanks to Shelby AKA Finey_McFine First off, Shelby wrote a GREAT story and is a fantastic writer as she proves over and over again. She is also incredibly kind and helpful. When she asked me to beta W/T's first NC-17 scene in Racing the Rain I PM'd her back and said, "Can't help, Shelby. I work on a 100 to 1 favor ratio and you've only done about 68 favors for me! Of COURSE I'LL HELP!!! It's a pleasure, the least I can do after all the endless tech help and horse camp help you've given me!" BUT her generosity goes further. For a while she was ahead on votes and likely to win and planned to have Amber sign the copy for me and give the book to me since I was in second place. She chatted with Kate last night FROM HER HOSPITAL BED to set up me getting the book. By a quirk of fate, I won but I will ALWAYS REMEMBER such a thoughtful, kind-hearted gesture that is still totally typical of Shelby's generosity. So everyone, Shelby IS in the hospital but she IS recovering!

Once more with feeling: Thanks to all the other writers, Delayne, and Kate for their hard work to pull this off! *KB orchestra launches into the 'shut up you're done' music* Gotta go! Thanks!

Ariel

PostPosted: Sat Mar 10, 2012 10:58 pm 
4. Extra Flamey

Topics: 9
Thanks for reminding me about badges! Uh yeah, I will work on that at some point. Who again is good with photoshop like picture editing stuff?

Congrats! Also loved the awards like ending to your post there.

PostPosted: Mon Mar 19, 2012 7:54 pm 
20. Not one Much for the Timber

Topics: 15
Congrats to Ariel!!! AWESOME job on your fic, I really enjoyed reading it. In fact, I enjoyed reading everyone's fics immensely! You all did an awesome job and I hope we get lot's of participation in March as well. :grin