The Kitten, the Witches and the Bad Wardrobe - Willow & Tara Forever

General Chat  || Kitten  || WaV  || Pens  || Mi2  || GMP  || TiE  || FAQ  || Feed - The Kitten, the Witches and the Bad Wardrobe

All times are UTC - 8 hours [ DST ]

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 132 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5
 Post subject: Re: Road to Recovery - Updates every Sunday and Wednesday
PostPosted: Wed Aug 18, 2010 10:53 pm 
19. Yummy Face

Yay for excellent ending... Stupid Donny, nobody messes with Tara's girl... Extra big yay for Tara standing up to her "father" & "brother"... I really loved the ending...

Posting While Nude Improves Your Mood.

PostPosted: Wed Aug 18, 2010 11:16 pm 
6. Sassy Eggs

Awesome! The last chapter was really nice --the whole story was nice!

Quote:
You've been sticking with me for a bunch of stories and I appreciate it!

Good stories deserve to be read, that's why I've been reading what you write.
And you can be sure I'll read the next one(s)!
:peace

PostPosted: Thu Aug 19, 2010 2:33 am 
10. Troll Hammer

Love how you handled Tara's brother and father. Tara was able to truly see how much she means to each of the other scoobies. She's not just Willow's girlfriend anymore, she is an official member of the group.
Sad to see the story ending but truly enjoyed every update.

PostPosted: Thu Aug 19, 2010 9:54 am 
10. Troll Hammer

Topics: 1
First the quibbles to get them out of the way: Glory's hair was a medium-light auburn (Clare Kramer's blonde, tho, and wears it quite well! Too bad she's married, vegetarian, and way too young for me.) And GLory was only just starting her wicked ways at this point; but then, this continuity might be different, right?

As to Mr. Maclay and Donny, they could claim that since they're normal (well, tehcnically) humans, it was unfair to use super-strength and magic on them, and I hate to see them get the satisfaction of saying that. However, they definitely deserved it :-) so who really cares? Hee-hee!

But yes, Tara standing up to them, and basically on her own, before she was physically surrounded by powerful friends, was truly a great moment.

And this has been a terrifc ride. Thank you.

Sue: We don't talk about things like that right after, you know that, no saying those things in The Moment.
Kim: (moves the hand aside) Screw The Moment. I *love* you.

PostPosted: Thu Aug 19, 2010 7:37 pm 
8. Vixen

Topics: 3
Watching or well reading this was a great change of pace. This piece showed their growth and sense of self-worth.. Empowering them as young women. We don't normally see that, it just evolves. While it's inspired by by their relationship both girls take responsibility to further it.

No, I ask what will you come up with next?

"Dry Heat – In Progress (still)" "Penny Arcade - Completed"
My Fic Challenge entries:
"Fireworks" "Promise" "I Did What Last Night?"

Post subject: Re: Road to Recovery [Complete]
PostPosted: Fri Aug 20, 2010 4:35 pm 
7. Teeny Tinkerbell Light

I can't thank everyone who read this enough - I really appreciate everyone's support! I had an absolute blast writing this, so I'm grateful for every one of you who read it, even if you never commented.

I've got a few more things started and a few more things almost finished, so expect some new shorter fics soon - I'm planning on posting the first part of my sequel to Pretty Much Perfect (which is itself a sequel to Ripples) next week, so keep an eye out for that if you want!

Replies:
Laragh: Congratulations :)
Tara's grown a lot! Yeah, Donny is a big bag of crap! Just imagine if he had shoved Tara - Willow would have brought the store down on his head!
I'm really glad you didn't wait to read it too! Thanks so much for reviewing so steadily and all the encouragement! I really appreciate it!
Thanks so much! Hopefully I'll have some more baby!fic up next week (I need to sort through it and figure out chapters and it'll be ready to go)

LonelyTara: Well thank you! (I keep meaning to tell you, but you're welcome to use my name! I know the screenname is a pain in the butt - though today it got shortened to L17 which is shorter than my name :P) Hmm, birthday surprises - I was kind of imagining that they might have picked out a kitten together - I know Miss Kitty shows up before Tara's birthday on the show, but I figured with Adam and Willow's physical therapy the actual kitten getting might have gotten put on hold for a while after their original conversation about it. I didn't really have much else in mind for the birthday surprises - I'll leave it up to your imagination - I'm sure Willow would come up with something awesome!
I love it too! This one was different for me to write, but I loved doing it and I love where it ended up!
I'm going to try and post more post-Ripples baby!fic next week :P Hopefully you'll like it...

ScottishAsh: Aww, well thank you! I'm glad you liked it!

Zampsa1975: I'm glad you liked the ending! Donny is a bag of crap! But darn-tootin' no one messes with Tara's girl! I'm really glad you liked it! Thanks so much for sticking with me through another story!

abarda: Aww, good! I'm so glad you liked it! I appreciate the support and the complement! I've got a few more things coming - so I hope you like them!

love_2003: I like it was handled on the show too, but I was trying to avoid duplicating exact scenes from canon, so I'm glad you liked how it turned out! It always makes me sad how long it takes her to realize that! (and how long it takes Xander and Buffy to actually accept her!) I'm sad to say goodbye to this one too! I loved writing it so I'm so glad you liked it!

DaddyCatALSO: :) those are valid quibbles - I haven't watched season 5 in a long time and that line was added as background for the little time jump from August to October (from the beginning of school to Tara's birthday) and I didn't research like I should have :P
Yes, that's true, but my argument would be that they're giant sacks of crap who, at minimum, emotionally and mentally traumatized a young girl, so whatever she does to them is well deserved - and it's not like she really hurt them, just kept them from hurting her... :) (Reading this back I feel I need to clarify that this is me agreeing with you, not trying to pick an argument.)
I liked that moment - we got something like it on the show in the Magic Box, but we never got to see a one-on-two confrontation, so I wanted to write it :P
You're very welcome! Thanks so much for reading it and leaving me thoughtful comments - I really appreciate it!

vampyregurl73: It was a different change of pace for me writing it, so I'm glad it came through reading it - I hope it was realistic! I tried for a natural evolution, but this was the first time I'd written a developing relationship for them, so I haven't been really confident on how natural the flow is.
I've got a few things going on, so I hope you'll find your way to them :)

Thanks again to everyone who read it! I hope you enjoying it as much as I loved writing it! See y'all next time!

PostPosted: Sat Aug 21, 2010 8:23 am 
Ms. Moderator Fantastico
Ms. Moderator Fantastico

It is always such a joy to read your work it always is a wonderful place for me to escape RL (unemployment). I am glad to hear about your new stories as every time you put pen to paper magic happens. I ask for forgiveness for not leaving more fb as life pulls me along very quickly but I am here reading always my friend! :pinky :pinky :pinky :pinky :pinky :pinky :pinky

PostPosted: Sat Aug 21, 2010 12:10 pm 
4. Extra Flamey

This was a really sweet story. Thanks for sharing it with us!

PostPosted: Sun Aug 22, 2010 12:57 pm 
7. Teeny Tinkerbell Light

More Replies:
Willowtree252: Aww, well thank you! Sorry about the unemployment! I'm about to be in the same boat, so I understand! I appreciate the encouragement! No problem about feedback - I'm glad you got to read it either way! Thanks so much!

Morrigan: Thank you! I'm so glad you liked it :)

PostPosted: Thu Aug 26, 2010 7:35 pm 
5. Willowhand

Topics: 5
absolutely brilliant overall! bravo :)

PostPosted: Sat Sep 11, 2010 12:04 am 
Ms. Moderator Fantastico
Ms. Moderator Fantastico

Topics: 8
New to the archive! You can leave feedback!

Kisses and Gay Love
"I like my buttons, curvy." - Willow, Neverland, by Easiersaid

PostPosted: Wed Nov 09, 2011 4:40 am 
3. Flaming O

Thank you for such a good story! I liked how you put a twist on the story while letting the show's storyline unfold! I was all up for finding out the birthday surprises, but it's a very sweet ending!

~The Show Must Go On by Queen

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 132 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5