The Kitten, the Witches and the Bad Wardrobe - Willow & Tara Forever

General Chat  || Kitten  || WaV  || Pens  || Mi2  || GMP  || TiE  || FAQ  || Feed - The Kitten, the Witches and the Bad Wardrobe

All times are UTC - 8 hours [ DST ]

Post subject: Atlantic Antics (update 8-13-09)
PostPosted: Thu Aug 13, 2009 1:44 pm 
8. Vixen

Topics: 2
Title: Atlantic Antics

Author: willowntara4ever

Rating: PG

Disclaimer: Josh Whedon owns the characters. I just imagine different lives for them .

Notes: Love story with a little child created angst

Spoilers: None

Thoughts in italics

Chapter Twelve: Wedding Planning

Willow and Tara decided that the best way to plan the wedding was for them to spend a few days on the Cape to figure out what was available and to make arrangements. It was still a bit chilly for the cabins, so they stayed in a nearby hotel that had heat. The two women had not had an opportunity to spend much time together since their trip to Myrtle Beach, so the first day of the mini vacation was spent enjoying each other’s company. The next day they realized that they needed to focus on the plans at hand. They decided to go into town to determine what was available.

It was before the season, so the streets of Provincetown were much different than they had previously experienced. Many of the shops were closed, while others remained open for limited hours. Fortunately their favorite restaurant was open year-round so they were able to enjoy the view of the harbor and bay. They were sitting watching the sunset when Willow announced,

“We should have our wedding at sunset.”

“That would be nice, have you thought of any other things about the actual wedding ceremony?” asked Tara.

“Well, I would like us to break a glass during some part of the ceremony. Other than that, I am sort of at a loss. “

“Well, I was thinking about a traditional Celtic handfasting.”

“What is that?”

“It is a wedding ceremony that was developed by the Celts when the prevailing rulers refused to allow the pagans to wed. It is called a handfasting because during part of the ceremony, the two people’s hands are tied together. It involves some of the pagan type of rituals that my grandmother and mom are familiar with and can be easily adapted to a same-sex wedding.”

“So how do we go about planning a handfasting?”

“Well, if we want it to be legal, we need some sort of officiant. Someone who is familiar with paganism, but can also legally wed people. Maybe we can ask around the new age shop.”

“That sounds really cool, and actually perfect for our ceremony. I didn’t want anything too religious, but I didn’t know how I’d go about making up my own ceremony either. Why didn’t you mention this earlier?”

“I didn’t know about it until my grandmother mentioned the concept when I was talking to her this week. I figured I wanted to talk to you about it in person to see how you really felt.”

“So how do you perceive I really feel.”

“It looks like you are Ok with it.”

“Looks are right. I’m really Ok with it. So tell me about a handfasting. Is a handfasting supposed to occur in any particular place or time?”

“From what I gather, it should occur in nature. I was thinking on the beach?”

“Perfect. The beach at sunset.”

“Then after the ceremony we can have a casual dinner and cake.”

“Cake is essential. What if it rains?”

“I guess we’ll either have it in the rain, or all fit into one of the cabins, or I noticed that there was a small banquet room at the hotel, maybe we can ask how much it is to rent. ”

“How many people are you thinking we’ll have? I don’t want this to be an elaborate affair, unless of course you’ve been dreaming of a big wedding, and inviting everyone you have ever met, because I want this wedding to be just like you’ve always wanted…”

Tara put her finger to Willow’s babbling lips. “I don’t want it to be an elaborate affair either, family and a few friends. How many people do you think you’d want to invite Willow?” asked Tara.

“For family, the only option is my parents. My parents were only children, and they had an only child. My grandparents are dead. The only friends I would want to invite are Buffy, Xander and Dawn.”

“I’ve heard you talk about Buffy and Xander, but who is Dawn?”

“Dawn is Buffy’s little sister. She was a pest, but she’s like family. Their mom was more motherly toward me than my own. They really stepped up after my grandparents died. I promised Buffy a long time ago that if I got married, I’d invite her. We don’t have a lot of contact anymore, but when we talk it is like we’ve only been apart for days, not years. Xander was one of my best buds through school, so I just want him there.”

“So it sounds like you only have five people you want to invite?”

“Yup, pretty pitiful isn’t it?”

Tara looked at Willow. It seemed that this realization was somewhat shocking to her. She reached across the table and took her hand.”

“I love you.”

“I love you too,” sighed Willow. She paused and then asked, “So, what about you. Who do you want to invite?”

“Well, great-grandmother, my parents, my uncle, his kids, and their kids. That is fifteen. And I’d like to invite my best friend from high school, Anya and my college roommate Cordelia. I don’t want to get into picking people from work, so I think that I’ll just refrain from inviting anyone.”

“Is anyone going to be really hurt by that?”

“I don’t think so. I am cordial with my co-workers, but they are that, co-workers.”

“Same with me. So are you thinking about us moving down before or after the wedding?”

“Whatever you want, but I was hoping that we’d start spending more of the weekends all together; help you pack up and start getting the house our house all ‘Willow and Lila’ friendly.”

“Well, I’ve thought of it two ways. If we move in before the wedding, then after the wedding we can have some time together to enjoy before the semester starts. If we move in after, we can use that time to create our household. But I like your idea of starting to spend most of the weekends together, then Lila and Anna can start to get used to living together gradually.”

“I definitely would rather we just get all of the craziness done before the handfasting, so that when it is all over, it is all over and we can relax.”

“Sounds like a plan.”

Post subject: Re: New fic Atlantic Antics (update 8-11-09)
PostPosted: Thu Aug 13, 2009 2:16 pm 
Ms. Moderator Fantastico
Ms. Moderator Fantastico

Topics: 53
Great update.

I like that they really discussed what they wanted for their wedding and that Willow is keeping to her Jewish roots a little with her breaking of the glass. And I think Tara's handfasting idea is really nice.

Oh and I meant to say this in my first feedback and forgot, but I love that they vacation in P-town. Just to make it extra gay :pride

And yay to making the house

Quote:
all ‘Willow and Lila’ friendly.

Looking forward to more.

Check out my finished fics

Love, The SeriesTwo For Joy/21+/Joy To The WorldInevitable/Infinitely

Confidential EternalA Twisted DateDachsund Through The Snow

Post subject: Re: New fic Atlantic Antics (update 8-11-09)
PostPosted: Thu Aug 13, 2009 3:09 pm 
19. Yummy Face

Yay for great update-y goodness...I hope they very soon start to make Tara's house Willow and Lila friendly... The idea of handfasting with jewish elements was a very good idea... I kinda hope that Willow and Tara get a small kitty (maybe Miss Kitty Fantastico) to Anna to help her accept Willow and Lily better....

Posting While Nude Improves Your Mood.

Last edited by Zampsa1975 on Sat Aug 15, 2009 5:04 am, edited 1 time in total.

Post subject: Re: New fic Atlantic Antics
PostPosted: Fri Aug 14, 2009 1:26 am 
32. Kisses and Gay Love

Topics: 1
It's nice to see them planning on more than the wedding, and to think of needing to get used to live together. :)

"Joie est mon caractère, C'est la faute à Voltaire; Misère est mon trousseau, C'est la faute à Rousseau." Gavroche. Victor Hugo, Les Misérables (chap. XV)

Post subject: Re: New fic Atlantic Antics 8/15/09
PostPosted: Sat Aug 15, 2009 10:02 am 
8. Vixen

Preping for the wedding, Part II

They went back to enjoying their dinner. Afterwards they went to order the cake from a local bakery, the flowers from the shopkeeper in town. They discovered that their favorite restaurant had a catering company, so they and decided to have them provide a traditional clambake for the reception. They also were happy to discover that there was a pagan priestess that was familiar with the handfasting ceremony, and was a legal justice of the peace.

The time went very quickly. Tara and Willow saw each other almost every weekend. Some weekends the four of them would get together while on other weekends they made provisions to both be solo. Willow began packing up her house, while Tara and Anna began making room for them in the house. Anna was very happy about getting a bunk bed and the girls were very excited when Willow and Tara took them shopping to buy new decorations for their room. Anna was doing better veiling her animosity towards the wedding when with Willow and Lila, but in private she continued to make her feelings about the wedding very clear. It was until several weeks before the scheduled move, that Lila’s concerns became voiced.

Willow and Lila were going through Lila’s room. They were figuring out what toys Lila should pack, and those that she should consider giving away because she didn’t play with them or they were too young for her. Willow thought that this was going seamlessly when Lila piped up,

“I wish we weren’t the ones that had to move.”

“Really sweetie, I thought you were excited about going to live with Anna and Tara.”

“I want us all to be together, but it’s not fair that I have to be leaving all of my friends, my other mother, and my stuff. Why can’t they come here?”

“Well, the major reason is that I got a job in Providence. I couldn’t commute from Maine to Rhode Island daily. A second reason is that Tara and Kristy, Anna’s other mother, made a deal that they wouldn’t move very far away. A third reason is that I am really excited about being a little closer to your grandparents.”

“Doesn’t Mom love me?”

“Of course she does, why would you even ask that.”

“Well, she’s letting you take me away. Doesn’t she want to see me?”

“Sweetie,” said Willow, taking Lila off the floor where they were organizing and sitting on the bed. “Your mom loves you so much. It is really hard for her to let me move you away. I had to promise her that I would bring you up for long weekends and holidays. You don’t talk to her much on the phone, but you can call her whenever you want to from Tara’s… I mean our… new home.”

“Are the Maclay’s going to be my grandparents? That makes a lot of grandparents. Yours, Deborah’s, Tara’s, and sort of Sandra’s. Which ones do I share with Anna? What do I call them all… I’m afraid I’m going to get confused and call them by the wrong name and they will get mad.”

“Honey, how long have you been worrying about this?”

“A while…”

“Why didn’t you tell me?”

“You’ve been so busy, and when I’m with my other mom, she seems so sad whenever I talk about leaving.”

“Please, butterfly, tell me when you are worrying about stuff. That’s what I am always here for.”

“You’ve been so busy planning the move and the wedding.”

“I am NEVER too busy for you. I sometimes get going too fast, but you just need to say, STOP Ima. I’ve gotta talk to you.”

“I know, but you seem to have so much to do.”

This child is too perceptive for her own good. I’ve got to remember that. Thought Willow to herself.

“Well, first of all. Deborah and Sandra both love you oodles and oodles. We all wish that Portland and Providence were a little closer to each other. I promise you will see them. Ok?”

“Ok.”

“About the grandparents, the more the merrier, who can have too many adults who love you? I can’t speak for Sandra’s parents. I really don’t know them, but she’s a nice person, so I suspect her parents are too. But I know your Oma and Papa don’t care what you call other people. You can just ask Anna’s grandparents what they want you to call them, and if you want it not to be anything grandparent like I am sure that “Mr & Mrs. Maclay will always work.”

“Ok. Could you ask them for me?”

“If that’s what you want. When we see them next I’ll bring it up.”

“Thanks. I think that I am getting tired of packing. Can I go watch TV for awhile?”

“Sure.”

PostPosted: Sat Aug 15, 2009 10:24 am 
19. Yummy Face

Yay for good update-y goodness... Good that Lila and Willow talked about their future in the combined Rosenberg-Maclay household...

PostPosted: Mon Aug 17, 2009 12:59 pm 
Ms. Moderator Fantastico
Ms. Moderator Fantastico

Just got a chance to catch up :pride

Liked that Lila was able to talk to her mother about her insecurities. She was hiding it so well, they could have been lost in all the other goings-on, but its good that she was able to talk about them.

She's still like my favourite character, I'm just imagining a mini-Willow and she's too adorable.

Looking forward to more!

PostPosted: Tue Aug 18, 2009 5:10 am 
32. Kisses and Gay Love

Topics: 7
Oh poor Lily. I've wondered about how happy she would be about moving away from her friends and school and other mama and everything. Still, she's a pretty cool kid and expresses herself very well. I'm impressed with the way she and Willow speak to each other. Oh, to have so many grandparents that you don't know how to address them. I really enjoyed the update.

PostPosted: Tue Aug 18, 2009 7:19 am 
10. Troll Hammer

Good response Willow made to Lila. (And "too perceptive for her own good" reminded me of another little girl back in the 90s.)

Grandparenting in blended families; always tricky I'm sure.

In terms of language and culture, where does "Ima" (and, for that matter, "Oma") come from?

Sue: We don't talk about things like that right after, you know that, no saying those things in The Moment.
Kim: (moves the hand aside) Screw The Moment. I *love* you.

PostPosted: Tue Aug 18, 2009 2:59 pm 
8. Vixen

DaddyCatALSO: Ima is Hebrew for mother, Oma is German for grandmother. Glad you enjoyed Lila and Willow's conversation.

JustSkipIt: It always means a lot for me to see your feedback. Thanks.

Laragh: Thanks for all of the support. Glad you like Lila. I do too, and I do think of her as a little Willow.

Zampsa1975: Glad you are enjoying it.

This is the second to last installment of this story, I am going to be sad to end it.

Rating: PG

Disclaimer: Josh Whedon owns the characters. I just imagine different lives for them .

Note: Words I got off the internet as part of a handfasting ritual are in italics and bold, words I wrote for them to say are in bold. Links are provided to give credit for where I got the ceremony parts.

Chapter Thirteen: Provincetown Wedding.

Tara and Willow’s parents did not meet until the day before the wedding. Mr. & Mrs. Maclay had made several overtures to get together, but the Rosenbergs were always out of town or had other plans. Willow knew this evasive tactic of her parents well, and it grated on her, but she was as helpless to change them now as she had been when she’d been younger. Willow somewhat enjoyed watching the discomfort on her mother’s face when Mrs. Maclay enveloped her in a big hug the first time she met Sheila. As Tara watched this interaction, she too was surprised that such a warm woman as Willow had been raised by such cool parents. Willow always reminded her that she had gotten her warmth from her grandparents, as well as, her best friend Buffy’s mother Joyce.

Willow was so excited to see her friends Buffy, Dawn and Xander. The three had almost missed the ferry between Boston and Provincetown, and for about an hour, Willow had feared that she was going to have to drive to Boston to pick them up. Willow was glad once all of the wedding guests were safely checked into their hotel rooms. Despite all of their prior planning, it seemed to both Willow and Tara that there were hundreds of little details that they needed to attend to the days before the wedding. Each night, they fell into the bed of their cabin, exhausted. Mr. and Mrs. Maclay tried to be as helpful as possible, and they tried to keep the children busy, but most of the logistics of preparation and entertainment required either Willow or Tara.

Finally the wedding day came. It was a clear day, and the weather forecast predicted beautiful weather. Both Willow and Tara were relieved that the weather was going to cooperate, because they found the banquet room of the hotel to be rather drab, and they didn’t want to have to spend any of their wedding indoors.

It was chaos the afternoon before the ceremony. Both Lila and Anna were excited about the matching new red dresses that Tara and Willow had bought for them. Their dresses matched the red flowing red gauze skirts and white shirts that their mothers were wearing as their wedding clothes.

After much deliberation, Anna had finally come around and requested to be a part of the ceremony. They decided that the girls would be their attendants.

It was an hour before the planned ceremony. Willow was in her parent’s cabin putting the finishing touches on the flower garland for Lila’s hair. Lila had been buzzing around in excitement. Willow was pretty sure that it would be a miracle if the garland lasted until the actual ceremony.

Her parents were sitting in the living room of their cabin reading. Willow could sense the stiffness of her mother, and could feel how difficult it was for the woman to be privy to the nurturance that was occurring between Lila and herself. Ira had announced at the beginning of the day that he would just stay out of the way, and he had been sitting on the deck reading for most of the morning and afternoon. Willow could see that her father was very excited, but didn’t know how to temper his excitement with his wife’s discomfort.

Willow reviewed her vows that she had written out, and questioned if words were even capable of expressing her feelings for the woman she was going to bond with.

In the Maclay cabin things were a little less tense, but there was a frenetic energy buzzing around them all. Neither Grandmother nor her mother had been able to have a traditional handfastening as a part of their weddings, so they wanted to make sure that they were able to do the ritual justice. The entire Maclay clan was either in the cabin or just outside, so there was a lot of noise and excitement.

Soon the time came. The sun was beginning to set. The friends and family all sat down in the seats provided, and Tara and Willow came from their respective cabins on the arms of their fathers.

Great-grandmother slowly cast the circle on the sand.

Then Mrs. Maclay said the invocations to the Four Elements.

"Since ancient times, people have communed with nature to learn more about themselves by example. Since it is within nature that we all do abide, we ask for Tara and Willow the blessings of Nature’s Elements, Air, Fire, Water and Earth. We do this that they may fully come to understand the lessons each element has to offer. The attributes of which are examples of those aspects they mirror not only within divinity but within ourselves as well.”

“We ask the spirits of Air to keep open the lines of communication between this couple. May their future be as bright as the dawn on the horizon. As Air flows freely to and from and through us all, may their hearts and minds and souls come to know the world and each other in this manner. Seeing not only with their eyes, may they together grow wise with wisdom.”

“Spirits of Fire, we ask that Tara and Willow’s passion for each other and for life itself remain ever strong and vital, fortifying each day with a vibrancy rooted in boldness, and courage. As Fire clears the way for new growth, may they know that this power is theirs: to create change and bring about the richness and quality that comes with a true love of life.”

“We ask the Spirits of Water, that their love for each other and the comfort of loved ones, like the serenity of the deep blue ocean, be the oasis that forever surrounds Tara and Willow. May they be well loved, and love well, letting the surety with which Water makes its journey to the sea, flowing over rocks or around trees, even turning into vapor and riding a cloud, ever serve as a reminder that with love all is well and will endure.”

“Spirits of Earth, we ask that you give unto those you see standing before you this day, the rock solid place to stand and fulfill his destiny. May their journey mirror the vast planes and fertile fields, expansive and alive. May they find the right seeds to sow to ensure a bountiful harvest. And when they look up at the Northern Star, may they know that it is as bright and constant as their love for each other as well as the love of the divine is for them.”

Father, Mother, Divine Spirit whose presence is felt in all things and at all times we ask your continued blessings upon this couple, upon their union and upon their family and friends who have gathered here to celebrate this joyous event with them. May they become one in truth and forever revel in the magik that is love.” Taken from: http://www.handfastings.org/officiantlist.htm

Willow then began her vows.

Tara. I thank the goddesses everyday for allowing you to reenter my life. You are my soulmate and my chosen partner. I have loved you since I was young, and I will love you until I am old. You are my rock, you are my touchstone. I vow to be true to you, to love you, to take care of you, and to allow myself to be taken care of by you. I promise to love your family as my own. I promise to treat you with loving respect and to defend and support you. I promise to admit to mistakes and forgive your mistakes. I vow to communicate honestly with you. So mote it be.

Tara then said her vows.

Willow, you often say that the universe takes care of us as long as we don’t get in the way. I thank the universe for bringing you back into my life. I thank the goddesses for watching over us. I love you more than words can say. I will support you, nurture you, and take care of you for the rest of my life. I promise to be true to you and to never allow pride to get in the way of our communication. I promise to respect you. I promise to love your family. So mote it be.

The Priestess then said

“I will now wind the ribbon around your joined hands to symbolize your union
Once for the maiden,
Twice for the mother,
And thrice for the crone”

She wound the cords around their hands and said:

This cord is a symbol of the lives you have chosen to lead together. It has been woven, by your own hands, to symbolize the intertwining of your lives. Up until this moment you have been separate in thought, word and action. As these cords are tied together, your lives become intertwined. As the right hand is to the left hand, may you be forever one, sharing in all things, at home and abroad, in love and loyalty for all time to come.”

But you cannot always be physically joined,”

She removed the cord without untying it and handed it to Sheila.

Therefore the exchange of rings is one of the deepest symbols of a marriage. It is a constant reminder, a shared touch between two people. The circle is a symbol of the eternal. To give a ring to someone you love is to say that your love has no beginning and no end.”

Lila handed Willow her ring, and Anna handed Tara hers. First Tara put the ring on Willow’s hand and then Willow put the ring on Tara’s.

Then they joined hands and each spoke to the other’s child.

Willow said,

“Anna, I know that this has been a difficult transition for you. I know you have been feeling divided loyalties and a fear that you would lose the most important person in your life. I promise to respect you and cherish you, I promise to treat you as my own while honoring your relationships with your other caregivers. I look forward to seeing you grow and to watch you blossom into a beautiful, caring, smart young woman. I love you.”

Willow put a necklace around Anna’s neck that had a similar Celtic knot to the one that she had given her mother.

Then Tara said,

“Lila, you have an openness and wealth of love that everyone should learn from. You are an incredibly sweet young lady and I have treasured getting to know you. I promise that I will take care of you and support you throughout your life. I will treat you fairly and respect you and your relationships. I look forward to seeing the woman that you will become. I pledge to love you forever.”

Tara put a Celtic knot necklace around Lila’s neck. The four of them took each other’s hands and acknowledged that they were now one family. Then Mrs. Rosenberg and Mrs. Maclay came up and took the grandchild to sit with them.

The priestess continued,

“This bond I draw between you: that though you are parted in mind or in body, there will be a call in the core of you, one to the other, that nothing and no one else will answer to. By the secrets of earth and water is this bond woven – unbreakable, irrevocable; by the laws that created fire and wind this call is set in you, in life and beyond life.

Above you are the stars, below you are the stones; as time passes, remember...”

“Like stones should your love be firm. Like a star should your love be constant. Let the powers of the mind and of the intellect guide you in your marriage; let the strength of your wills bind you together, let the power of love and desire make you happy, and the strength of your dedication make you inseparable. Be close, but not too close. Have patience with one another, for storms will come, but they pass quickly.”

Be free in giving affection and warmth. Have no fear and let not the ways of the unenlightened make you uneasy for the Goddess and God are with you always. Ever love, help and respect each other and then know truly that you are one in the eyes of the gods.

May the blessings of the Lord and the Lady be with you now and always, Blessed Be!!” http://www.handfasting.info/hand7.html

Willow and Tara then said together:

“The light of the goddess within me recognizes and honors he goddess within you.”

To which the priestess said

“May you hold your mutual well-being foremost in your hearts and minds. You are now wedded in the sight of the Gods, and those gathered here who represent your human community for as long as love shall last. So Mote it Be
You may kiss to seal your pledge.”
(http://www.handfasting.info/slh.html)

They kissed.

Tara’s parents then held a broom for Willow and Tara to jump over and Willow’s parents presented them with two wrapped wine glasses to crush.

There was a collective cry of “So mote it be,” “Amen” and “Mazel tov”

The entire family held hands and went up to the deck and had dinner and cake. Willow found herself flitting between her parents, friends, and the Maclays. She felt like she had hardly been able to spend time with Tara except for a few quick check ins and kisses.

PostPosted: Tue Aug 18, 2009 3:28 pm 
Ms. Moderator Fantastico
Ms. Moderator Fantastico

That was beautiful. Vows actually brought a tear to my eye and I especially loved that they vowed to the kids as well. Eagerly awaiting the last update, I'll be sad that it's over too, but it's been a great story.

PostPosted: Tue Aug 18, 2009 4:01 pm 
32. Kisses and Gay Love

it's not the end, is it? We'll have the honey moon, right? Or the moving in? whatever happened to the moving in?

Liked the handfasting, and especially that it included Anna and Lila. :)

Julia

"Joie est mon caractère, C'est la faute à Voltaire; Misère est mon trousseau, C'est la faute à Rousseau." Gavroche. Victor Hugo, Les Misérables (chap. XV)

PostPosted: Wed Aug 19, 2009 4:56 am 
19. Yummy Face

Yay for great update-y goodness... I really liked the handfasting seremony and how they involved Anna and Lila in it...

Post subject: Atlantic Antics (completed)
PostPosted: Thu Aug 20, 2009 1:33 pm 
8. Vixen

I am sad to end this story.
Sorry JuJu, I added a little, but this is how I have always had this story end.

Rating: NC-17

Last Chapter:

It was very late when all of the festivities were finished. Anna and Lila had quickly fallen asleep with the help of their grandparents. They had rented a hotel room for themselves so that they would have privacy for their wedding night.

They were about to leave for the hotel when Mr. Maclay and Mr. Rosenberg stopped them and handed them an envelope. They were surprised to discover that the entire family had chipped in to give them a week-long honeymoon in Hawaii, and that the Maclays had arranged with Tara’s job for her to have off the next two and-a half weeks off.

They finally were alone in their hotel room. Their room overlooked the water and they could hear the pounding of the surf on the bay. A cool breeze was coming through the windows of their third story room, and they were able to leave the deck door open without any fear of people seeing into their room. They were both still giddy from the party. They both laid down on their bed still in their wedding clothes.

“Can you believe it has only been a year?” asked Tara.

“It has felt both very long and very short.”

“Did you ever think we’d be here like this?”

“Yes.”

“You thought that we’d be married?”

“No, I just thought we’d be here on a bed listening to the surf. If you remember, we kept wanting to be like this, well, not exactly like this,” she blushed raising her eyebrow at Tara, “but fate wasn’t allowing it.”

“I am so glad that there is no way that Lila or Anna can interrupt us.”

“Definitely don’t want to be interrupted on my wedding night.... My wedding night that is a phrase that I never thought I would hear myself utter.”

“You didn’t think you’d get married?”

“No, when I realized I was a lesbian, I thought that it just was something I wasn’t going to experience.”

“So I assume that you didn’t think that you’d have a wedding night either.”

"No, all my thoughts before about a wedding night were negative. My parents used to tell me that “nice girls” didn’t have sex until their wedding nights. I thought that the idea of sex was disgusting, so I dreaded the idea of a wedding night.”

“Do you still?” asked Tara beginning to touch Willow’s face with one hand and bringing her face closer.

“Definitely not,” said Willow as she closed the distance between the two. Their lips meshed together and their tongues both began their exploration of the recesses of the other woman’s mouth. Willow flipped on top of Tara and began kissing and nibbling her neck and face. She whispered endearments into her partner’s ear, and began to undo the buttons of Tara’s gauzy shirt. She kissed each inch of Tara’s shoulder blades, and continued her trek down Tara’s torso. Soon Tara’s shirt was totally unbuttoned and her bra was unclasped. As Willow was about to continue her ministrations from chest to abdomen, Tara flipped Willow onto her back and removed her own shirt. She straddled Willow’s slim body and unbuttoned Willow’s shirt, unclasped her bra, and lifted her up to remove the garment. As she lay Willow back down onto the pillows of the bed, Tara offered her breast to Willow’s mouth. Willow anxiously accepted the gift and sucked and nipped at the small, hard center, while enjoying the feel of its twin on her face. Willow touched Tara’s back and sides while trying to determine a way to get to the warm, wet center that she was sure she would find. ‘Once again, I wish I had longer arms’ thought Willow to herself. As if she could read Willow’s mind, Tara adjusted herself beside Willow so that she her legs were at Willow’s center and her own was within reach of the smaller woman. Willow pushed Tara’s skirt and underwear over her hips and down to her knees. She adjusted herself so that she could tease the honey colored curls that were wet with her lover’s nectar. Meanwhile, Tara finished kicking off her own skirt and removed Willow’s skirt and underclothes. Now that they were both naked, they plunged their fingers into the other’s bodies while touching their partner’s sensitive nubs in the way that they knew would cause pleasure to build within the other. Their tongues entwined and they utilized the previous months worth of knowledge to each bring the other to the brink of orgasm and then simultaneously push the other over the ledge. Both women were surprised at the intensity of this orgasm. Neither was totally aware of where they began and ended. They felt as though they were one. Once the undulations finished and their bodies relaxed, they gazed into each other’s eyes knowing that they truly were one. They were two halves that had made a whole.

“Wow, I like married sex,” murmured Willow.

“Me too,” replied Tara.

They continued their lovemaking throughout the night and into the morning.

Somehow they utilized the adrenaline and made it through the planned brunch and then home to finish combining their households. Their tickets for their honeymoon were for three days later, and they put married life on hold, to resume their tasks as mothers and help the children figure out the parameters for sharing their bedroom. The two girls were very excited to finally be living together and both were disappointed when they needed to separate and go to their own other mother’s home for the week of Tara and Willow’s honeymoon. They promised to call each other every day and made plans for what they were going to do together once the were back home. To all four of them, this was their home.

Both Willow and Tara took advantage of the long plane rides to catch up on their sleep from the crazy week preceding the wedding and the few days of home-making. Their tickets were in first class for the main trip from Denver to Maui, so they were able to stretch out beside each other and really fall asleep.

Once they got settled into their hotel, they went out to the beach to watch the sun set. They had a spectacular view and they were amazed at the difference between the Atlantic and the Pacific. They were sitting on their beach blanket with their arms around each other, gazing at the moon rising.

Willow pulled Tara to her, “Just think, we have a whole ‘nother ocean to discover,” said Willow kissing Tara, “and a life time to discover it.”

The End (for now)

Last edited by taranwillow4ever on Sun Aug 23, 2009 6:07 am, edited 1 time in total.

PostPosted: Thu Aug 20, 2009 3:41 pm 
Ms. Moderator Fantastico
Ms. Moderator Fantastico

That was so sweet! And a great ending, I really loved it. Plus, you know, you'll always win me over with smut :blush Thank you so much for writing this story, it was a pleasure to read it.

PostPosted: Fri Aug 21, 2009 4:51 am 
19. Yummy Face

Yay for another good update-y goodness... Sad to see this great story end... I hope there is more to cum later... I really liked how Anna and Lila finally accepted the fact that they really are a family...

PostPosted: Fri Aug 21, 2009 11:49 am 
8. Vixen

Thank you for sharing this beautiful story with us!
I started reading it a few nights ago and finally got caught up, just to see it's over! :(
You described the struggle between Anna and Willow really well and realistic and the love between Willow and Tara was wrutten very well also. Keep it up!

PostPosted: Sat Aug 22, 2009 11:12 am 
32. Kisses and Gay Love

Topics: 7
What a wonderful conclusion to the story. I love the angst-free way you let this unfold. The wedding vows were absolutely beautiful. I'm glad you included them in their entirety. I love all the feelings of family and love and sensuality. Thank you so much for sharing this.

PostPosted: Sun Aug 23, 2009 2:00 pm 
10. Troll Hammer

Was finally able to catch up on all the updates and loved the ending. Glad that Anna finally came around and that her and Lila are getting along.
Looking forward to more hopefully.

PostPosted: Mon Oct 12, 2009 2:13 pm 
6. Sassy Eggs

Just read your story in one go. Thanks. This was sweet, caring and really nice. I do love stories in which either Tara or Willow or both of them together have kids or get kids. This was a new idea so. Loved that they knew each other from former times. And also loved the more mature Willow/Tara. They seldom get to be older.

Anna was a pain in the ass. But it also made the story more believable. She sure had the harder part than Lila. Must be hard not only being an outsider by having divorced parents but also by having four moms in the end and no dad lurking around. But she'll get over it and hopefully her new sister will help her deal with it.

Thanks to you for sharing your story.

PostPosted: Sat Aug 28, 2010 1:51 am 
3. Flaming O

I just stumbled across this story and found myself drawn in completely. I couldn't stop until I finished the whole thing. I found the dynamics between the different characters very realistic. It was heartwarming for me to see the courage and strength that Willow and Tara exhibited in dealing with their families, their ex's, and the distance between where they lived. Your story gave me a warm fuzzy feeling, and hope that love can find you no matter your age. Thank you for the time and work you put into bringing this story to life.

:kitty

Scarlet Black

PostPosted: Fri Jul 22, 2011 10:35 pm 
5. Willowhand

I hope that Anna won't make anymore faces, especially during the wedding lol But I do love this, I hope there is more to come sometime soon.

A Proposal Plan, A Star's Second Chance
Finey_McFine's Fan club http://finey-mcfinefanclub.webs.com/

"Pulse and Cocoon can rot for all I care. If I don't figure out our Focus soon... Vanille's gonna be a Cie'th. I'll tear down the sky if it'll save her" ~ Oerba Yun Fang FF13
http://www.astronsoulfanfictions.com/
http://astronsoulfanfic.tripod.com/twilight/

PostPosted: Sun Aug 18, 2013 7:37 am 
1. Blessed Wannabe

I really love this story. I just read every single chapter and I must say I couldn't stop reading. I loved Willow's and Tara's relationship and enjoyed reading about Lila, but Anna kept getting on my nerves. Hope we get a sequel showing how Anna and Lila are reacting to being sisters.