The Kitten, the Witches and the Bad Wardrobe - Willow & Tara Forever

General Chat  || Kitten  || WaV  || Pens  || Mi2  || GMP  || TiE  || FAQ  || Feed - The Kitten, the Witches and the Bad Wardrobe

All times are UTC - 8 hours [ DST ]

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 296 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 6, 7, 8, 9, 10
 Post subject: Re: Quiet Saturday Mornings Update 19th August 2008
PostPosted: Fri Aug 22, 2008 2:57 pm 
6. Sassy Eggs

This is one of the most well written W/T fics that I have read, and I thank you for writing it.

Post subject: Re: Quiet Saturday Mornings Update 19th August 2008
PostPosted: Fri Sep 19, 2008 10:39 am 
12. Recently Gay

Topics: 1
Hi, I've finally finished Chapter 33, and it follows along after the long overdue replies to all your feedback.

Zampsa1975 - hey Sami, Willow is too shocked to babble, I think if she did, she would forget to stop on this occasion.

nimloth - Vi, thank you for your usual thought provoking feedback, I only wish I could reply in kind. What happened to your promise of "Awesome update, dude!!?" ;-)

Quote:
Chapter 32 spelt (felt?)different but was just as satisfying...Moreover does that spell like a climax to QSM?

Yep, you're right, one more chapter to go.

arsyadriani - Glad you liked the shotgun welcome, and I know the updating wasn't exactly soon, but it's here now.

Sparks - Welcome to my little fic, and thank you for the fantastic feedback, I'm glad it all seems so realistic to you in terms of situation and dialogue.

I got a kick out of writing about Bessie, and it seems to have struck a chord with a few people, so it worked out well.

DaddyCatALSO -
Quote:
I think I'm already in love with Cathy

I just liked the idea of Tara's Mom being there, and she was fun to characterise. At least we know where this Tara got her sense of humour.

nothingtosay -
Quote:
personally if it were my mom and I went home that late with my new girlfriend, she would have been holding a machete knife ala Jason Voorhees minus the mask.

Lol. Good to know that Tara's Mom is only kidding then.

ophelia11 -
Quote:
Tara's mom has just got a wicked sense of humor and I love it.

She certainly has, and our girls get a little more of the same in the next update.

taralicious -
Quote:
Fancy Tara naming her beloved van the same as The Third Doctor's Edwardian roadster i.e, Bessie.

I loved John Pertwee's Doctor, but my all-time favourite is Tom Baker. God, when I think of the amount of knitting I done to get a scarf as long as his, my fingers still cramp up - lol.

JujuDeRoussie - Hello, Julia :)

Quote:
Poor willow she found a woman perfect but with some humor she may not be used to, and it seems her mother's even worse.

They are quite the pair, aren't they? Don't worry about Willow, she'll grow to love the teasing.

Taralover - Thank you for you kind comment, and I hope you enjoy the next chapter.

Thanks, everyone, for your continued readership, and, as I said earlier, your long journey is near over.

Title: Quiet Saturday Mornings
Author: Paint the Sky
Rating: PG-13 - NC-17
Pairing: W/T
Disclaimer: AU. No spoilers, whatsoever. Oh, almost forgot to add that I don’t own any of the characters in BTVS, I’m only playing with them.
Summary: Shy, newly gay Willow Rosenberg and her first venture into love with an equally shy blonde.
Note: This is my first attempt at any kind of fiction since I left school many, many moons ago. After a long time reading the fics on this site and others I thought why the hell not, give it a whirl, try it on for size and all that.

Chapter 33

It was obvious from the expression on Cathy Maclay’s face that she knew her little joke had backfired.

“Oh, hell! Tara, sweetie, Willow, I’m sorry. I thought it would be a fun welcome, but, ah, maybe I shoulda thought it through more,” Cathy apologised to them both, looking from one to other.

“Mom!” Tara cried, “Are you completely nuts? Put that shotgun down. Now!”

Willow’s eyes had never left the shotgun, and she had breathed a small sigh of relief when Cathy set it upright against the side of the van. She nervously glanced at Tara who took her hand and gave her a reassuring nod that everything was okay.

Oh, God, why didn’t I just laugh? It was funny in a kinda scary way. I bet Tara’s Mom thinks I’m just a big scardy-cat.

“It wasn’t loaded,” Cathy said, and Tara gave her stern look, “but that doesn’t make it any better. Um … maybe we should just get you girls into the house, and I’ll bring your bags in.”

Bags? Oh, shit. The bed, we didn’t make the bed. Oh, fuck, Tara’s mom will see the bed. This is bad. Bad, bad, Baddy McBad. That shotgun is too close for comfort …

“No, don’t,” Willow said more loudly than she intended, “Um … what I mean is, that’s ok. Mine is pretty heavy, I’d better get it myself.” She gave Cathy a pleading look all the while hoping that Tara would realise what was going to happen when Cathy would open the back of the van.

“Yeah, Mom, really, it’s fine. We’ll bring in the bags and you can take that thing back and lock it up where it belongs,” Tara said with more calm than she felt. She knew immediately why Willow didn’t want her Mom to go into the back of the camper, and saw the panic drain from her girl’s face when Cathy agreed with her and headed back to the house with the gun under her arm.

Tara couldn’t believe that her Mom had gone through with the joke. When they had spoken the previous week, she had mentioned how cute Willow was,and the weird and wacky things she would say. Both of them had laughed at the image of Cathy on the porch with a shotgun, and when her Mom had said it would be funny to live up to Willow’s picture of her, Tara had laughed, but asked her Mom not to do it.

“Will, I’m sorry, I shouldn’t have put that stupid idea in her head. I didn’t think she would actually go through with it,” Tara said, ashamed and guilt ridden.

Willow smiled and leaned forward and gave her lover a forgiving kiss, “She scared the shit out of me.” She took Tara’s hand and set it between her breasts, “My heart is still hammering, do you feel that?”

Tara could indeed feel Willow’s heart thumping against the heel of her hand, her own was quickening too, but it always did when she touched her girl.

“Um … you know, we could work this to our advantage … Mom’s a sucker for a guilt-trip,” Tara smiled.

“Tell me more Miss Maclay. I think I kinda like where this could lead,” Willow said leaning into kiss Tara again, and as their mouths met, Willow gave a soft moan as Tara’s hand shifted left and gently squeezed at rounded flesh.

--------------------------------

The upstairs bathroom was a warm and cosy space and Willow waited there while Tara was downstairs with her Mom.

The natural wood floorboards creaked as paced about with her cell-phone at her ear.

“C’mon, c’mon, pick-up will ya!” she mumbled.

“Hey Will,” Buffy’s bright and cheerful voice sang out.

“Hey Buff,” Willow said, “Well, we finally got here, so I thought I’d do my duty and ring in, all safe and sound.”

“What took so long, I was expecting this call hours ago,” Buffy said curiously.

“Oh, long journey, Bessie is not the girl she used to be,” Willow giggled at Buffy’s loud “Huh?”

Looking around for somewhere comfortable to park her butt, Willow spotted a family of plastic ducks perched happily on the low shelf above the claw-foot white bath and idly wondered how much fun bath-time with Tara would be.

“Will,” Buffy said loudly, “Bessie? Who the hell is Bessie?”

“Oh, sorry, Buffy, I just saw some ducks, they’re really cute, I wonder if they belong to Tara,” Willow said sitting on the edge of the bath.

“Ducks?” Buffy queried, “Tara lives on a farm?”

“They’re in the bathroom,” explained Willow reaching round to pick up the littlest one.

“What? They keep ducks in the bathroom. Jeez, is there a pig in the kitchen, and a cow in the lounge? Where are you Will? In the house of Cletus, the slaw-jawed yokel?

Willow started to laugh, “No, Buff, yellow plastic ducks, you know, the type you play with in the bath?”

Buffy was still laughing and choked out “Ok, ok, I was kidding, Will, so, how’s things going with Tara’s Mom?”

----------------------------------

The kitchen was much like the bathroom with its warm and cosy atmosphere. It was typical country kitchen, natural wood and big range to provide warmth. Various pots and pans hung from a rail above it, and one was bubbling nicely on the burner, filling the room with a delicious aroma.

When Tara and Willow had entered the house they had left their bags in the hall, in a voice loud enough for her Mom to hear Tara had told Willow to go upstairs to the bathroom, and that everything would ok.

They had shared a conspiratorial smile, and Willow had given her a ‘shaky’ ok, before tramping loudly up the stairs.

Cathy Maclay sat in the lounge, the shotgun locked safely away in a closet under the stairs. She could hear her daughter and Willow, and wondered why they were practically shouting to each other.

Poor Willow, it’s a wonder she didn’t take to running off into the woods. It was funny though … ok, so my daughter’s girlfriend may not think that just now … but she’ll see the funny side, eventually … but if I know my Tara, well, I wonder what she has in mind.

“I’m in the kitchen, Mom, I need to talk to you,” Tara called, her voice loud, but neutral.

Her daughter’s voice broke through her thoughts, and she stood up and walked to the kitchen.

Cathy walked into the kitchen and stood for a moment just inside the doorway. Tara was sitting at the plain oak table, her hands rubbing nervously on its smooth surface.

Mrs. Maclay took a deep breath and walked the short distance to the table, and pulled out a straight-backed wooden chair and sat facing her daughter.

“Is Willow ok?” Cathy asked Tara who was now looking directly at her.

Tara’s right brow rose at the question, “How do you think she is, Mom, you scared the life out of her,” she said seriously.

“Oh, sweetie, I really am sorry. You know me and my wacky sense of humour, it always gets me into trouble,” Cathy gave a little laugh as an old memory surfaced, “Remember Sadie Johnston, I think I put her off trick or treating for life.”

Tara narrowed her eyes and pursed her lips, “Mmm … four year olds have a tendency to scream and cry when crazy ladies dressed as the Bride of Frankenstein chase them with candy, but Sadie was fifteen, so it was pretty funny.” She allowed herself a smile at the memory of Sadie leaping from their porch, but quickly put her game face on again, “This wasn’t, Mom. Will, is thinking of going to a motel.”

“What? Why?” Cathy exclaimed with what she hoped was a worried tone, “I hoped that Willow would let me apologise properly, and now she wants to leave.”

Tara let a long sigh leaves her lips, “Why do you think she wants to leave? She’s pretty embarrassed about things, and maybe just a little frightened of you.”

Cathy put her head in her hands and thought for a moment. Lifting her face toward her daughter, “Is there anything I can do to make her stay?”

Take the opening, sweetie.

Tara wouldn’t allow her mouth to curl into the smile that would alert her Mom to anything that might turn the conversation on its head.

Be cool, Tara, this is your Mom, and she can read you like a book.

“I don’t know, she seems pretty adamant about going. She wouldn’t even take her bag upstairs,” Tara said sadly, “she said it might be better to book into a motel, she wouldn’t have to worry about noises in the night. But, I hate the thought of her being all alone in a strange room, in a strange town.”

Ah! That is what you're is angling for …

She had to admit that Tara was playing her part well, and sending Willow upstairs was a clever move. The only mistake had been going for an early kill.

“Noises, in the night?” Cathy asked her daughter. “It’s an old house, Tara, there will always be noises in the night. If she’s frightened, she can leave the light on.”

Tara felt her advantage slip away. She need time to think. Standing up from the table, Tara went over to the stove and lifted the lid of the soup pot. Steam billowed up in a wet cloud filling the kitchen with a delicious scent that made Tara quite hungry.

“I don’t think that would help, Mom, she was really scared by that shotgun,” Tara said as she opened a cupboard near the stove, “she was still shaking when we brought the bags in,” she continued before filling a bowl with hot soup and retuning to the table.

“Well, if you’re sure she wants to leave, then there’s nothing I can do to change her mind,” Cathy said with resignation.

Damn! Nice move, Mom!

Cathy stood up, her chair scraping noisily on the wooden floor, “You’ll need a spoon for that soup, honey, and maybe you can use it to keep digging the hole you have yourself in, too.”

--------------------------

Willow had long since hung up with Buffy and she was now sitting on the closed lid of the toilet. With her elbows on her knees and her head cradled in her hands, the redhead waited patiently for Tara to either call her downstairs, or come up and get her.

Buffy had been in fine form, and Willow had been so happy for her best friend when Buffy told her that Faith was coming for Thanksgiving Dinner with Joyce and Dawn.

That had been a shocker. Faith was totally into Buffy, but somehow Willow had never taken her for ‘meet the parents’ type of girl.

Buffy had told her she wasn’t exactly going to ‘come-out’ over dessert, but if Joyce was to ask any direct questions then she would give honest answers.

Willow smiled a little as she remembered telling Buffy how proud she was of her, and that Joyce would get used to things when she saw Buffy and Faith together.

Buffy’s only worry had been ‘the brat’. Dawn didn’t need much excuse for teasing and annoyance, and Buffy just knew that her sister would be overjoyed at having something else to get her teeth into.

A sudden noise on the landing made Willow sit upright. Was it Tara, or was it Cathy? God, she hoped it was Tara.

Willow heard two loud thumps near the door and went out to investigate.

----------------------

They sat at the table, side by side, like naughty schoolgirls who had been caught in the act. It had been Tara on the landing, and the thump had been their bags dumped without ceremony. Tara’s bag at the door to her room, and Willow’s outside the door to the guest room. Willow had looked at her bag in dismay, and Tara had given her a wry smile before telling her “their presence was required in the kitchen”.

“Ok, girls, here’s the house rules and I expect you to stick to them,” Cathy began.

Willow and Tara looked at each other, both slightly bemused, and not entirely sure if they were in trouble or not. Tara gave a small shrug that said she had no clue what was going on before looking back in her Mom’s direction.

“One, you can both stay in Tara’s room,” Willow tried not to smile, but failed miserably. Tara, on the other hand, wasn’t so optimistic. There had to be a catch, her Mom usually didn’t give in so easily.

“Two,” Cathy said fixing them both with a steely stare, “there will be no hanky panky under my roof, is that clear, girls?”

Willow turned red, she couldn’t look at Cathy, and one look at Tara’s even redder cheeks resulted in a new shade of crimson on her own.

“Crystal,” Willow mumbled, “Yes, Mom,” Tara said in a similar manner.

“Three, if I hear anything, and I mean anything, then Willow moves to the guest room, and I’ll stand guard all night with the shotgun,” Cathy said directing her blue eyes to the shocked expression on the redheads face.

“Questions? Comments?” asked Cathy.

These two are so easy!

Cathy raised a well-shaped eyebrow and waited.

Willow swallowed hard and raised her hand. She felt like a kid in kindergarten, “Um, uh, what happens if I turn over and the bed springs creak. I mean, they do, don’t they, even if you try very hard not to, bed springs can be tricky with all the creaking and squeaking, and you know, you get the wrong idea … and it would be … it’s not that I want to offend you, but … innocent squeaking and creaking … it, you know … happens.”

Tara’s snickering, and Cathy’s wide-eyed look caused Willow to stop babbling.

“What?” she asked, “Well, they do, and I wouldn’t want anyone to think I wasn’t respecting house rules. Not that I don’t want to make them squeak for other reasons, but I’ll be damned if I lose my Tara snuggles for no reason other than innocently turning over in my sleep.”

Cathy started to laugh and Tara’s quiet chuckles erupted into full-scale guffaws as Willow harrumphed loudly and folded her arms in a huffy pout.

“It’s ok, Willow,” Tara’s Mom said between laughs, “I think I’ll be able to tell the difference, don’t you?”

Willow gave her a sheepish look, but thought it better not to say anything else.

“So, why the change of heart? This isn’t like you, at all,” Tara asked her Mom.

When Tara had known their plan had fizzled out, she hadn’t expected this turn of events. There had to be more to it. Tara had never known her Mom to go back on the no sleeping in the same room edict.

Cathy took a seat at the table, and gave her daughter a knowing smile.

“Donny and June will be here in the morning, and the other room is full of art supplies, so, they will be in the guest room.”

Tara broke into a wide smile, “What gave me away? It was when I said about Willow being all alone, wasn’t it?”

Cathy smiled and shook her head, “I’m not telling, you think I’m gonna teach you how to get one over on your dear ole ma?”

“Yeah, it was that all right! I played my hand too soon, one of these days, I’ll win,” Tara laughed, “but, you, why didn’t you say Donny and June would be here, and Willow could stay in my room?”

“Oh, sweetie, that would have made things too easy. Wasn’t this more fun?” Cathy asked as she pushed her chair back from the table.

Willow had watched Cathy and Tara banter and couldn’t help but feel a little sad that her own Mom had never talked with her the same way. There was never any loving teasing or silly laughter, only talk of her future and her plans. Her whole life it had always been about the bigger picture.

“It always is, Mom,” Tara answered genuinely, “it always is.”

Cathy pushed her chair back to its place at the table, “I’m off to bed, don’t stay up too late, girls, we have an early start in the morning.”

She walked around the table and stopped in front of Willow. The redhead looked up expectantly with a nervous smile as Cathy placed her hand on Willow’s shoulder, “Welcome to the family, sweetie, and I am really sorry about earlier,” the older blonde said with sincerity before placing a kiss on Willow’s head, “but, if you’re gonna hang around with the Maclay’s you’re gonna have to get used to it.”

----------------------

Willow lay on her back in Tara’s bed. The cracks in the ceiling gave her something to concentrate on whilst waiting for her girlfriend to come back from the bathroom.

She had pushed and prodded the mattress, and even bounced, albeit, gently, testing it to see if it squeaked, creaked, groaned or screamed a warning of any kind.

The redhead was more than relieved when the bedsprings made no noise that could alert anyone to innocent or nefarious movements.

There will be no hanky panky.

Hanky panky.

For some reason the phrase tickled her brain, and when Tara returned from the bathroom, her girlfriend was in a fully-fledged, curled up, giggle-fest.

“Care to share what has you so amused?” Tara asked closing the door behind her and hanging up her robe.

“Huh?” Willow grunted, sitting up on the bed.

Tara sauntered across the room, her light blue sleep vest and boxers clung to every curve, and Willow licked her lips as the cotton clad blonde moved ever closer on shapely legs.

“I said, care to share what has you so amused,” Tara restated as she climbed into bed beside her lover.

“Oh … yeah, the giggle fit,” Willow said, “um, hanky panky, it’s weird, the words I mean, not the actual … um … act.”

Tara’s proximity to the redhead caused her lose her train of thought, and Willow couldn’t help but flashback to all of the times the said act had taken place.

“Actual. Um. Act.”

God, Will, I really want you, and it’s all the worse because I can’t.

With each word, Tara stroked a teasing finger up and down her lover’s arm. Willow shivered and the fine hairs of her freckled arms stood on end. Those earlier flashbacks halted and played now in slow-motion and Willow groaned in arousal and frustration, “We can’t.”

“Can’t what, sweetie?” Tara purred and continued her stroking, “Have hanky panky?”

Willow would have given anything at that moment to be somewhere else other than Tara’s bedroom in Tara’s home. The sexy images in her head were replaced with Cathy Maclay and her trusty shotgun kicking down the door.

That’s it, keep thinking about Shotgun Mama.

Willow took a deep breath and gently encircled Tara’s wrist with her fingers, “You know I always want you, but there will be no hanky or panky tonight,” she said with much more conviction than she thought she had. She brought Tara’s hand to her lips and kissed the fingertips one by one, “but, tomorrow, we could take a walk in the woods and you can have your wicked way with me.”

Tara started to smile, she had watched Willow’s face as she spoke and realised that for the first time she had been on the other end of her girl’s ‘resolve face’. Buffy had been spot on, she decided, when she had christened that determined look. Tara couldn’t quite work out why it worked, but she found the power of it irresistible.

“Ok, but you should know, I intend to be very wicked,” the blonde threatened.

“I’ll look forward to that, now, one kiss goodnight, and let’s get some sleep,” Willow said leaning forward.

“Make that a long kiss,” Tara quipped as she too leant forward.

TBC

Last edited by Paint the Sky on Sun Sep 28, 2008 2:29 pm, edited 2 times in total.

Post subject: Re: Quiet Saturday Mornings Update 19th September 2008
PostPosted: Fri Sep 19, 2008 10:57 am 
19. Yummy Face

Yay for excellent update-y goodness.... Good that Willow wasn't too bad shocked about the shotgun episode...

Posting While Nude Improves Your Mood.

PostPosted: Fri Sep 19, 2008 11:29 am 
Coo - smashing stuff dude!
Man, that was such a fitting update xD

Vi'

PostPosted: Fri Sep 19, 2008 10:19 pm 
5. Willowhand

My how I've neglected my feedback-leavin' ways! I hang my head in shame because I love this story so and it's sweet, young love (and lust). I groaned along with you and them when you had Tara move her hand over just a bit to squeeze Will's delicious parcel of boobie flesh!

Cathy Maclay is a hoot! A real, er... pistol. Or, shotgun?

I look forward to in-the-woods hanky panky and the attempt at keeping the squeaky bed springs at bed.

Sincerest apologizes for not giving you some well-deserved thumbs up for QSM. It's one of the few I'm following these days, and I really am so glad to see your muse back in action. I'm a fan of you, PTS! :)

PostPosted: Sat Sep 20, 2008 8:59 pm 
Images of Shotgun Mama had remained and scared the life out of me which accounted for my incapacity to delve deeper into feedback the other day ^^ Ouch!

It was a pretty humorous update on the meet-the-parents scene. Both of our girls were more than adorable and I'm keeping my fingers crossed for your muse to be abundantly creative with that much awaited lovemaking scene in the lush greenery. Some of the parts in your fic that moved me were the hanky panky note, Willow's bed creaking babble as well as Tara's attempts at conning her mom. No one could con Shotgun Mama ahah!

At a further level, the filial love could have taken the form of a burden had the interaction between the two Maclay women not been immersed with those bantering moments. And that is why I'm amazed with the way you have managed to keep frustration (at least it does not transpose itself heavily into the reader) to a bare minimum as your writing moved on. Cathy's mothering mode is not extremely sensitive and strained and yet this could have shown even through her jokes. It made the playing field the three characters had directly/indirectly set up inside an interesting one to follow.

Hence, Willow naturally crops up as the stabilising force under this roof. At least, I accounted for that simple touch of a resolve face as being more than plain willowy resolving. It makes all of your characters quite dignified in their characterisation.

Thank you for this latest chapter and ... for the smiles that come up as one reads,

Vi'

PostPosted: Sun Sep 21, 2008 12:54 am 
32. Kisses and Gay Love

Dear Paint The Sky,

An update! Yeah! :-D

Did I already mention I love Tara's mom? 'Cause I do!!

And I love Willow's reaction.

And the banter between Tara and her mom.

Well I have found this whole update really funny and refreshing!

Friendly,

Julia.

"Joie est mon caractère, C'est la faute à Voltaire; Misère est mon trousseau, C'est la faute à Rousseau." Gavroche. Victor Hugo, Les Misérables (chap. XV)

PostPosted: Sun Sep 21, 2008 4:26 am 
6. Sassy Eggs

I'll look forward the 'wood hanky-panky act' too... :blush
can't wait for another update..hope they can release their..umm..whatever God-knows-what :kdevil

:kgeek RC

PostPosted: Mon Sep 22, 2008 9:19 pm 
13. Big Knowledge Woman

If this story were to have a soundtrack, it would have to include Tommy James and the Shondells' version of "Hanky Panky."
Everyone : "My baby does the hanky-panky..."
What a nice juxtaposition between the loving, laughing, and nurturing relationship between Tara and her mother and the cold, sterile, and distant relationship that Willow had with her mother growing up.

PostPosted: Tue Oct 21, 2008 8:08 pm 
4. Extra Flamey

Patiently waiting. Please update soon this story is so good love the banter between Tara and her mom. :pray

PostPosted: Sat Nov 08, 2008 6:24 am 
12. Recently Gay

Hey, kittens, I thought it was about time I responded to feedback. Sorry I don’t have an update for you yet, but RL is a bit hectic just now. I’m working on the last chapter when I can, but it’s not coming along easily. I’ll get there though – 2000 words on the screen so far, but the rest are stuck in my brain and refuse to be written down just yet.

Anyway, thank you to all of you who have pushed this fic over 25,000 views – it’s a hell of a compliment.

And, the replies:

Zampsa 1975 – As always Sami, thanks for reading and feedbacking faithfully.

Katjetson – I hope all is well with you, and I’m flattered beyond words that you are still with me on this fic. I’m trying to write the scene in the woods just now, but it’s sorta stalled. At this point Tara has Willow pushed against a tree, and they are about to get frisky. I wish they would just get on with on – lol.

nimloth – I much prefer your more in depth feedback, the earlier one was just so not you. Did you feel as weird writing it as I did reading it?

Quote:
Some of the parts in your fic that moved me were the hanky panky note, Willow's bed creaking babble as well as Tara's attempts at conning her mom

It was all about establishing a hierarchy within the household. Cathy’s house = Cathy’s rules. But, I also wanted to establish it with humour and affection. I hope that came across.

JujuDeRoussie – hey, Julia, I’m pleased you enjoyed the latest update. There is so much angst on the board that I like to think of this fic as my little bubble of happiness that I can share with others. Plus, Tara and her Mom share the same teasing humour and I love that I have plonked Willow down in the middle of it.

arsyadriani – Hey, thanks for reading and feedbacking – as I said to Kat, the in-the-woods loving is proving tricky, but I hope the wait will be worthwhile.

taralicious
Quote:
What a nice juxtaposition between the loving, laughing, and nurturing relationship between Tara and her mother and the cold, sterile, and distant relationship that Willow had with her mother growing up.

When I first decided to give Tara a relatively stable and happy upbringing it was inevitable that Willow’s would appear stark and sterile in comparison. It wasn’t intentional, but just something that emerged.

willowandtaraforever – Thanks for reading, and I’m happy you are enjoying the fic so much. Sorry for the long wait on an update, I’m trying hard to put that right.

You know, as the last chapter ends on Thanksgiving, I’m gonna pledge here and now that I’ll have it ready and posted on the 27th November. There is nothing like deadline to make me apply myself. So, failing death or disaster, I’ll have it done by then.

Again, thank you to all of you for your continued patronage.

Post subject: Re: Quiet Saturday Mornings Complete 27th November 2008
PostPosted: Wed Nov 26, 2008 11:51 pm 
12. Recently Gay

Happy Turkey Day - well, here is the final chapter as promised. I hope you all enjoy it.

Once again thank you all for reading. It's been a wonderful experience sharing this with all of you.

I can't believe that it has taken almost a year to finish this fic. It was never meant to go on as long as it did, but, it just semed to grow and grow. I had fun though, and hopefully so did you guys who stayed with it from the beginning, and those who joined in along the way.

All the feedback I recieved gave me such a buzz, and the confidence to keep going. So for that, I doubly thank you all.

Anyhoo, here it is, Chapter 34 :)

Title: Quiet Saturday Mornings
Author: Paint the Sky
Rating: PG-13 - NC-17
Pairing: W/T
Disclaimer: AU. No spoilers whatsoever. Oh, forgot to add that I don’t own any of the characters in BTVS, I’m only playing with them.
Summary: Shy, newly gay Willow Rosenberg and her first venture into love with an equally shy blonde.
Note 1: This is my first attempt at any kind of fiction since I left school many, many moons ago. After a long time reading the fics on this site and others I thought why the hell not, give it a whirl, try it on for size and all that.

Chapter 34

Willow awoke to the sound of gentle breathing and the rhythmic bob of her head where it rested on the luscious pillow of warm, rounded, billowy smooshiness. Tara’s arms held her, warm and comforting, encircling her in love.

The best pillow in the world, she had called Tara’s breasts more than once. Her head on Tara’s boobage, her leg thrown across her girlfriend’s hips, and her hand over a heart that pumped strongly against her palm was her favourite position to fall asleep in, and her favourite position to wake up in, usually.

Any other morning, Willow would have allowed her left hand to inch up and gently mould itself around Tara’s right breast. The cotton felt alien under her touch, any other morning warm silky skin would greet her hand, and playful nipples would tempt her into giving them wake-up kisses.

These were not good things to think about, but the more Willow tried not to, the more the unbidden thoughts arrived, and worse still, they brought the visuals with them.

If I pretend I’m still asleep and if my hand or lips accidentally were to stray, that would be ok, wouldn’t it? I mean, I’m not responsible for involuntary movements of body parts … but I’m not asleep … I wish I were asleep … stupid house rules, stupid mornin’ hornies.

Willow balled her hand into a loose fist and pulled it beneath her, Tara’s breast was much too tempting for her to leave her hand where it was.

Unsure of the time, Willow tried to gauge the hour by the amount of light, or lack thereof that filtered in through the slatted blinds.

It was still dark outside, so that wasn’t much help at all, it could be the four o’clock, or it could 7 o’clock. She had no way of knowing. Did she go back to sleep hoping it was so early that she could have a nice long sleep, or would she drop off and then find herself wakened by Tara telling her it was time to get up for breakfast.

Stupid brain, make a decision. Go back to sleep, or don’t go back to sleep. What’s so hard about that?

A deep breath and sigh from her girlfriend re-focused Willow attentions on the breasts beneath her cheek.

Wake-up, baby, tell me what to do.

“Mmm … Will, you have to do it faster … that’s better,” Tara mumbled.

Russet coloured eyebrows raised in surprise and amusement at the sleepy comment from her obviously dreaming girlfriend. Willow stifled a giggle, usually it was Tara who was on the receiving end of the redheads dream commentary.

What are dreaming about, Tara? What do I have to do faster?

Another sigh shook Tara’s body, and her arms tightened around Willow, firmly pulling the redhead closer to her.

Willow groaned as her centre made contact with Tara’s hipbone. She was wide-awake now, whether she wanted to be or not.

Don’t move, Rosenberg, don’t you dare move your hips.[/]

If resolve was ever needed, now was that time, and Willow filled her mind with visions of shotguns and Cathy Maclay’s steely blue eyes as she gave out the house rules.

“Use your whole hand, its ok, push it right in.”

[i] What! ...

Willow didn’t know what the hell her lover was dreaming about, but that comment was enough to make Cathy reach for her gun, and the redhead to try and pull away. She only succeeded in having Tara pull her back again, renewing the hip to pussy contact that caused a vigorous shudder to ripple the length of Willow’s spine.

“That’s it, make it good and tight, get as much in as you can,” Tara encouraged.

Oh! Holy! Fuck! I’m sorry, baby, but I have to wake you now.

“You got it all in, sweetie, and on your first try too.”

“Tara!” Willow spoke as loud as she dared in the still quiet house, “Wake up!”

“Huh?”

“Wake-up, please, I, uh, I need to go to the bathroom,” Willow said in a quieter voice, having quickly thought of a good reason for waking her girl, “your arms, I can’t move.”

“Um … sorry,” said Tara, still half-asleep, “What?”

“Bathroom, I need to go, you know?”

Why did I say bathroom? Now I really do need to go.

“Oh, yeah,” Tara said releasing her grip on the redhead, “What time is it?”

Willow slipped her body from the bed and made her way to the door, “I don’t know I’ll check my phone on the way back.”

“Ok,” Tara said, still groggy from sleep.

The blonde turned onto her side and put one arm under her pillow, the other rubbing the warm space vacated by her girlfriend. She smiled with amusement as she thought about her dream. At least this time there were no Native Americans banging on the door.

Poor Will … I thought she’d never get the hang of stuffing that turkey …

Tara’s Mom had been awake, and very active from six a.m., and as her daughter and her slightly grumpy girlfriend drank coffee and ate a breakfast of scrambled egg and toast, Cathy busied herself with peeling and chopping a mountain of washed vegetables and depositing them into various pots.

“You’re not really a morning person, are you, Willow?” Cathy called out above the noise she was making.

The redhead looked out the window, the darkness black against the glass, “It’s not morning, it is the middle of the night. Where’s the sun? If it was morning the sun would be up,” Willow said gulping down more coffee.

“It’s only six-thirty, the sun will be up in about an hour,” Tara told her with a smile.

“How can you sound so chipper? It’s not normal, I tells ya!” Willow mumbled, “Um, is there anymore coffee?”

Both Cathy and Tara laughed, “City girls,” they said in unison.

As soon as the words had left their mouths, Cathy dropped her chopping knife, and Tara dropped her fork.

In what looked like a fit of madness, they both rushed to an enamel teapot that sat on the countertop near the range.

Each of them slapped a hand down onto its shiny red surface at the same time.

“Piasse Kokkino!” Tara and Cathy exclaimed before erupting into gales of laughter.

Willow had watched all of this, coffee mug in hand, and her mouth open. Her fork lay on her lap, along with scrambled egg, both dropped when Tara’s sudden movement sent her chair clattering to the floor during that frenzied run to the teapot.

“Uh, what’s going on?” Willow asked, having never seen anything like the behaviour she had just witnessed.

This is beyond the realm of normalcy, even in this crazy house.[/]

“It’s an old Greek tradition,” Tara said looking at her bewildered lover, “We’ve always done it, well, almost always,” she explained as if it was the most normal thing in the world.

“But, you’re not Greek,” Willow said, although any surety she had of her statement was lost as her voice tailed off, and she began to wonder if Maclay was in anyway a Greek name.

[i] Maclayapopoulis … nah, couldn’t be.

“Nope, but it’s better than a punch or a nip,” Tara explained further as she lifted her chair from the floor and took her place at the table again.

Slowly Willow’s confusion cleared, and her left hand rubbed at her right bicep as she remembered all the ouchies incurred when Buffy would shout ‘jinx’ and give her a wallop or a pinch. Sometimes Willow wondered if her best friend realised just how strong she was, and there was bruises to prove it.

“Mom learned it from Elini, an old friend from a large Greek family. Piasse kokkini means ‘touch red’, and when Donny and I were kids jinx would turn into fights, so we touched red instead. Much less painful,” Tara told her, and with a lop-sided grin, she leaned toward Willow and lowered her voice, “and since meeting you, very, very, pleasurable.”

Willow eyes widened, and she turned her head quickly to see if Cathy had heard anything, but thankfully, Mrs. Maclay had resumed chopping and was oblivious to the major teasing going on at the table.

“Well then, it’s a tradition we’ll have to continue, I like that idea of touching red,” Willow told her quietly, “wanna go watch the sun come up?”

Tara was about to answer when Cathy stopped chopping and turned around to face the table, “Girl’s, I know it’s still dark outside, but would you mind bringing in wood for the range, and cutting some greenery for the centre-piece. Maybe some fresh air will help Willow wake-up.”

“Sure, Mom, no problem,” Tara said easily, “I think fresh air is just what Will needs.”

-------------------

Enough wood to burn down a small village had been carried into the house by Willow and Tara. They had stacked the logs near the range in the kitchen and by the fireside in the lounge.

Willow felt as if her arms would fall off from the effort, and she rolled her shoulders as she rubbed her forearms to ease the ache.

In the meantime, Tara had brought their coats and armed herself with a pair of pruners to aid their next task.

The morning air held a chill as Tara led Willow on a path that wound its way through tall spruce trees. The ground beneath their feet was soft as a carpet of pine needles absorbed their footsteps and the only sound was the breeze in the treetops and the cracking of twigs under their feet.

Tara looked back and gave Willow an encouraging smile, “You look a little more alert now, Will, there’s nothing like manual work and a walk in the woods to get the blood pumping,” she said to her rosy cheeked lover.

Willow laughed aloud, “I didn’t realise I would have to work to get a meal. Jeez, even the Pilgrims’ didn’t have to work this hard, and I can think of better things to get the blood pumpin’.”

“Why do you think I wanted to leave the house?” Tara said looking up at sky through the trees, “I don’t see a roof, do you?”

“Why, Miss Maclay, I do believe you intend to get wicked,” Willow laughed, “and, what’s more. I intend to let you.”

Tara dropped the pruners to the ground and pulled Willow to her, wrapped her free arm around the redhead’s waist, and landed a searing kiss on waiting lips.

Pulling away, Tara gave Willow a smouldering look, “I thought you might.”

“After last night was there ever a doubt. God, I’ve never wanted you as much as I did then. I don’t know how I kept my hands off you,” Willow said in a rush.

“I know what you mean, Will,” Tara said, “every cell in my body craves to be with you. Touching you and loving you.”

“How about fucking me?”

Green eyes darkened with need as the words escaped Willow’s lips, and her heart hammered in her chest as Tara’s baby blues narrowed and a lop-sided downright dirty grin graced her lips.

“Oh, yes. That too,” Tara growled as she guided Willow backwards to the trunk of the nearest tree.

The ragged bark barely registered on Willow’s back, the thick jacket she wore cushioned the impact as Tara stepped in and pushed both their weights against to the tree.

The blonde roughly pushed her thigh between Willow’s already parted legs, “I love it when you say fuck,” Tara told her lover as she pulled Willow’s shirt from the waistband of her jeans with one hand, and pulled at her own with the other.

Willow gasped as cold air breathed against her skin, and groaned when it was replaced by the hot skin of Tara’s stomach, “I love it when we fuck.”

Tara’s grin was feral and her eyes bright with promise as she practically ripped open Willow’s jeans, “So do I,” she growled sending continuous shivers down into Willow’s wet core.

Her hand dipped into the warmth between her lovers legs. The thin cotton of Willow’s panties was soaked through and her juices coated Tara’s fingers as she teased her lover with light touches.

Willow grunted loudly and pushed her hips forward to maximise contact and Tara smiled at her lover’s impatience.

“I promised you I would be wicked, didn’t I?” the blonde said pulling her hand out from Willow’s warmth. Bringing her fingers to her nose, she inhaled deeply before sucking the wet digits into her mouth.

Willow’s eyes pooled with desire and she pulled Tara’s hand toward her own mouth and greedily sucked on fingers that still held a trace of musky scent.

“I can be wicked too, but, baby, this isn’t the time or place. I need you inside me like you wouldn’t believe. I need to be inside you. Another time you can tie me up and tickle me with a feather if you like, but now – now I need to be with you. Stop teasing and fuck me!”

Tara smiled again and swooped in and captured Willow’s lips in another searing kiss, her tongue plundering the redheads mouth.

Hands once again sought out warm places, and Willow gasped with shock and pleasure as Tara’s hand slipped into her panties and entered easily with two fingers knuckles deep.

Cold hands reached for the soft fabric of Tara’s cargo’s, and without preamble, the button and zipper were undone. When Willow’s fingers pushed into her hot cunt, so was Tara.

She grunted and sucked on Willow’s tongue as they both rode hard against the others hand.

Breasts where kneaded with vigour, finger and thumbs pinching and pulling on hardened nipples within the tight confines of still clasped bras.

Their grunts became louder as their hips pumped faster and fingers thrust harder. The warm skin of their thighs and lower legs chilled as cold air condensed on warm skin exposed as their pants slid to the ground with the gyration of their need. Neither of them cared, the only thing they cared about were the impending orgasms that were building with every stroke and slide of fingers in the others cunt.

Tara pulled her mouth away from Willow’s and took a greedy lungful of damp air.

“Will, look at me,” she gasped, and she slowed her movements. The redheads hips stopped and she felt her pussy spasm once on Tara’s fingers before relaxing and letting down a fresh stream of wetness.

Willow opened her eyes, her pupil’s dark and dilated, “I love you,” Tara said, “I want you to see how much I love you.”

Her words sounded pained, and Willow could feel Tara’s release dance on the edge of the precipice too as her lover held back her orgasm, “I love you too, baby. Fuck, I’m so close, I want us to come together,” she said breathlessly.

They began to move once more, each thrust urgently offset by plunging fingers. Their breath in the cold air plumed and eddied as sighs and moans evolved once again into grunts.

Eyes narrowed and teeth clamped down as the effort not to close heavy lids became almost impossible.

Then they broke. Their heads heavy with the million bursts of light that swam behind forced open eyes, fell forward under the weight to come to a rest on a coat thick shoulder.

Willow’s hand pulled itself from Tara’s breast, reached up for honey blonde hair, and forcibly twisted her lovers head toward her own. Their eyes opened briefly to acknowledge each other before hungry mouths clashed in a kiss that swallowed their screams.

Hips jerked frantically as the final throws of their release cascaded in a hot gush over fingers that stroked the last spasms from tired and aching cores.

Behind them, the sky brightened and the shadows shrank into the darker recesses of the wood. Oblivious to the burgeoning daylight they kissed and held each other until finally the chill and dampness made them shiver.

----------------------------

Mid-morning found the trio of women cooking up a storm in the Maclay kitchen. The turkey was in the oven, and all the trimmings were in the process of being trimmed.

Willow, assigned to do the table decoration, worked diligently at the table surrounded by Holly, Ivy, Spruce and berried twigs. She prepared the container with a block of flower foam that had soaked up an inordinately large amount of water. The redhead had watched with fascination as the green block soaked up what looked like a gallon of water. She felt its weight and wondered about where the water had gone. The block had absorbed it, yet its mass remained the same.

Had she been at home, or back at the dorm she would have been straight onto the internet researching, so instead, she pushed the mystery to the back of her mind and tried to make her hands as busy as her brain.
Slowly the assorted greenery took shape, and Willow found that she was enjoying herself immensely despite never having been even remotely floral ever.

The strong scissors in her right hand clipped and shaped the foliage before she pushed it into the wet foam with her left. There was something very satisfying in the task. The tip of Willow’s tongue poked out as a piece of Holly was proving extremely difficult to place just where she wanted it. With a little push and a low mumbled ouch the stem of foliage took hold in the foam and filled a gap in her display.

Cathy and Tara watched Willow work for a minute or two, and the redhead had become so engrossed in her creativity that she was totally unaware it.

“Willow seems to be enjoying herself,” Cathy said to her daughter just loud enough for Tara to hear.

“Yeah,” said Tara with a grin, “who knew she was so domestic.”

Cathy laughed, “Not that domestic, sweetie, she didn’t know what to do with the vegetable peeler.”

“True, but she has other talents,” Tara answered smiling as Willow bent over the table to place another stem at just the right angle. Her blonde head tilted to the right so she could get a good look at her lover.

Cathy flicked a look a between her daughter and the bending redhead and shook her head.

“TMI, Tara, it’s bad enough knowing the cat has worms, and stop ogling Willow’s backside in front of your Mother.”

Cathy said the last part loud enough for Willow to hear and the redhead bolted upright and turned around. Willow blushed, but it didn’t stop the wide grin that spread on her face, “Hah! Shotgun Momma caught ya lookin’ – can we say busted?”

Both Cathy and Willow laughed heartily at Tara who knew enough to look sheepish and not even try to deny it, “Um … busted,” she said with embarrassed honesty and then laughed along with the two most important women in her life.

The laughter died away to be replaced by a comfortable silence as the three women looked at each other. In the Maclay kitchen, each of them felt that something magical had happened. Something that would last their lifetimes.

Willow felt so relaxed now in the middle of the Maclay women, like she was already part of them. Tara loved that her girl was joining in with the teasing, and Cathy, well Cathy had tears in her eyes as she looked from Tara to Willow and back again.

The girls both noticed the change in mood and looked at each other. Tara step forward and put her arms around Cathy, “Mom, is everything ok?”

Cathy just nodded as the tears ran down her cheeks and she wiped at them with her hand.

Willow grabbed some paper towel from the table, pulled off two sheets, and closed the distance quickly between her and the others, “Er … I’m sorry I called you Shotgun Momma, I … I didn’t mean to be rude, just funny you know.” She dabbed the tears from Cathy’s cheeks with the towel and let out a loud eek when Cathy pulled her into a hug with Tara.

“Oh, Willow, honey, it’s ok. You didn’t do anything wrong. I’m just so happy seeing my girl so happy that I got all silly and emotional.”

“I am happy, Mom, very happy. Willow makes me happy,” Tara sniffled and hugged her Mom and Willow closer.

Pots bubbled clouds of steam and as the three women hugged and cried among the remains of pumpkin, sprouts, potato skins and foliage, they didn’t hear the heavy booted steps stop in the doorway that led from the hall.

“Aw, hell, it’s that time of the month, isn’t it?”

Two blonde heads lifted and turned sharply towards the sound of the voice that was rich, deep and as teasing as their own.

“Donny!” they said together, and then looked at each other with surprise.

Willow just laughed when they both gently slapped their hands on her hair and shouted “Piasse Kokkino!”

Twenty minutes later, having taken the bags to the spare room, Donny returned to the kitchen with a pretty, brown haired girl in tow.

Tara and Cathy immediately went to the girl, both embracing her in a warm hug which was returned. Willow and Donny stood on the sidelines and smiled at each other. Tara had introduced them just after he arrived, and Willow waited for the hug to end before she introduced herself to June.

With a smile she stuck out her hand, “Hi, I’m Willow,” she said with a bright smile.

Taking her hand, June smiled back, “Hi Willow, I’m June, which you probably know,” she said in warm friendly voice, “How are you enjoying life in the crazy house?”

Letting go of June’s hand, Willow laughed and then looked over to Cathy and Tara who stood with expectant expressions.

“Um, er, well … a bit of shaky start, but you know, feeling more comfortable by the minute,” the redhead smiled at the Maclays, “as long as the shotgun stays in the cupboard.”

June snickered at Willow’s comment, turned directly to Mrs. Maclay, and asked knowingly, “Oh Cathy, you didn’t?”

A blonde eyebrow quirked and a sly grin broke out on Cathy’s face.

“Oh my God, you did! I can’t believe you actually did that.”

Willow blushed to her roots. She just knew that no matter what she did in the intervening years, her shotgun welcome would be a tale told to her children and her children’s children. This had all the signs of becoming legend, and would no doubt be embellished by ‘Grandma Maclay’ in every retelling.

My children … I’m thinking about mine and Tara’s children … hell’s bells … how cool is that! I’m not even freaking out … shit!

June put a comforting arm around the redhead, and gave her a quick hug, “At least you weren’t as bad as Tara’s first girlfriend. She ran screaming from the porch on Halloween, and as far as we know is still running. You just might be worth keeping, Willow. We need all the allies we can get in our battle of wits with Momma Maclay.”

Tara was loving every minute of watching Willow bond with her family. Thanksgiving at home was always fun, it was her favourite family time, but this year was even more special because, apart from her Dad, she was spending it with the people she loved most.

Cathy put an arm around her daughters shoulder, “This is all very nice, but it’s not getting us any closer to eating. Girls, the kitchen awaits. Donny, table setting duties for you. Get the linen tablecloth and the special china. Let’s make a real effort this year, and gussy up the dining room real nice.”

“Gussy up?” he said spitting with uncontrolled laughter, and Tara rolled her eyes.

“Mom, where do you get these expressions?” asked Tara.

“Yeah, it’s almost as outmoded as hanky panky,” quipped Willow, joining in the fun.

Deciding she had been on the receiving end long enough, Cathy fixed her gaze on the newest and weakest member of the alliance, and Willow froze in mid giggle.

“I have a question, Willow, one your mathematical brain will appreciate, I think,” Cathy said as led her girls to the kitchen, “If one person can cut twenty five stems of foliage in thirty minutes, how many stems should two people cut in forty five minutes, providing they spend that forty five minutes cutting?”

Tara and Willow stopped dead in their tracks as June and Cathy walked further into the kitchen.

Willow had begun the mental arithmetic, but her brain ground to a halt round about the same time as her feet as she once again had to concede the point to Cathy. Tara reached for her hand and gave it a gentle squeeze, “Once more into the breech, dear Willow.”

Cathy quickly busied herself at the counter, wiping and tidying before reaching for more vegetable that needed chopping, “What’s wrong, Willow, cat got your tongue?”

Willow took a deep breath and looked at her girlfriend, “Nope, your daughter’s usually got my tongue, not much left for the cat.”

June cracked up laughing, and Tara hugged Willow to her while she shook with laughter of her own.

Cathy smiled at the retort, and nodded approvingly, “Definitely a keeper, Tara,” she said smiling.

Willow carried the centrepiece she had made into the dining room just as Donny was setting out the cutlery.

“Hey Willow, is it gussy enough, do ya think?” Donny asked setting down the last cutlery at the place setting at the head of the table.

The redhead cast her eye over the table and smiled. Donny had set out the table beautifully. The tablecloth hung evenly, all the creases straight and parallel with each other. The fine bone china, white with gold rims, was placed with precision. The dinner plates equidistant from the table edge, and the side plates just to the left of them. Sparkling glassware completed the place settings.

“Wow, Donny, it looks great, but … um … there’s only five of us, and you’ve six places set,” Willow said not really understanding.

“Let me take that for you,” he said taking the centrepiece from Willow and placing it dead centre among the dinner paraphernalia, “the extra setting is a family tradition,” he explained as he moved around the table adjusting and straightening anything that didn’t match his high standard.

“Oh, I see,” said Willow, wondering if he was going to fill in the blanks for her.

“The first Thanksgiving after Mom and Dad broke up, Tara and I set a place for him hoping he would surprise us and come back. He didn’t, of course. But, all that day we hoped he would. We were so sure that he would know there was a place for him at our table. There is nothing quite like the optimism of kids, is there?”

“Oh, Donny, you and Tara must have been so sad that he never came,” Willow said softly.

“Well, yeah, and when we did the same at Christmas, he still didn’t come. Tara was devastated, I was too, but I was the man of the house, so I didn’t show it,” he laughed at the memory of pretending to be all grown up, “so, anyway, to make a long story short, we always set an extra place.”

“You’ve done this every year since,” Willow said as much to herself as Donny. With her throat choking with emotion, she asked, “Has he ever shown up?”

Donny smiled, “Yeah, a few times. It’s not so bad, Tara and I talk to him all the time, and he visits when he can. It’s a long trip from the east coast, and we have a better understanding of things now, so it’s all good.”

“Tradition’s important,” said Willow, “it’s what makes families special, unique, ya know?”

“Yeah,” Donny said agreeing, “family is special. Anyway,” he continued, taking in a deep breath of air, “let’s see how dinner is coming on.”

Willow followed Donny out of the dining room and back to the kitchen, all the while thinking about how the Maclay family were so different from her own. There was no sentimentality in the Rosenberg house. There was no mess and no cosy corners. It was sterile and functional. Her house was just a reflection of her parents, she thought. A wry smile graced her face as pictured her Mom coping with Cathy Maclay.

Tara spied Willow from the corner of her eye. The redhead looked so small beside her taller and stockier brother, she also wondered why Willow looked so sad too. She turned around completely facing her girlfriend and made contact with the redheads green eyes. Willow flicked her head in the direction of the hallway and motioned to Tara to follow her.

Tara wiped her hands on some paper towel before stepping away from the worktop where she had been placing pecans on the still warm pumpkin pie to follow Willow into the hallway.

When she entered the hallway, Willow dragged her into the space below the stairs. Without any preamble, Willow pulled Tara to her and kissed her with a fierce need for physical contact. For a few seconds Tara just stood there, not moving or participating in the kiss before her consciousness caught up with events. Willow’s lips were insistent on her own, and she kissed her lover back. Neither noticed the minutes tick away as they held each other. Tara’s arms tightened their hold as she moulded herself to Willow’s smaller frame. Hungry mouths swallowed soft moans, and questing tongues teased more from each other. Hands roamed freely over arched backs, as they both got lost further in the kiss.

A loud clatter and the sound of laughing from coming from the direction of the kitchen caused them to pull apart. Tara looked at Willow, slightly concerned and a little worried that something had caused Willow discomfort.

“Are you okay, sweetie?” Tara asked resting her forehead against Willow’s smooth brow.

The redhead took a deep breath, “Mmm … I just wanted to kiss you, and I got this overwhelming need to tell you I love you.”

Tara felt her heart swell, and emotion welled up within her forming unshed tears.

“I love you too, Will. I’ll always love you,” Tara replied as Willow put her head onto her shoulder. “Are you sure you’re okay?

“I’m more than okay. I’m loved,” Willow said simply. She gave Tara a kiss on the cheek, smiling, she took her hand and led both of them back into the kitchen.

---------------------------------------

The dining room table was laden with enough food to see them through the winter never mind one meal, Willow thought as she took her seat beside Tara.

The turkey lay golden on a serving platter in the middle of the table, and dishes of creamed potato, assorted vegetables, biscuits, stuffing and pumpkin pie took up every inch of available space. Glasses of wine stood sparkling at each place setting.

The aromas of the various dishes combined to make one mouth-watering scent. Willow hadn’t realised just how hungry she was until breathing in this smell, and she surmised if the others were as hungry as she was, there would be very little left and the end of the meal. So much for reckoning it could see them through the winter.

Cathy sat at the head of the table, and Donny and June sat facing Willow and Tara. With all the hard work done, the assembled diners were relaxed and happy to be finally sitting down to enjoy their labours.

The redhead looked around the assembled party and gave each of them a warm smile, “It all looks fantastic,” she said with genuine enthusiasm, “we did a hell of job, turkey looks like a turkey should, well, minus the feet, feathers and head. The sweet potatoes look sweet, the … er … not sweet potatoes look … um … potatoey, the pumpkin’s been pied, and the stuffing’s been stuffed. I can’t wait to tuck in.”

“She babbles. That was a short one, but they can go on for much longer, it’s kinda cute,” Tara told Donny and June who were looking at Willow with unadorned surprise.

Willow smiled again and nodded in agreement, “Tara has her own way of stopping it though, she usually … “a sudden pain in her ankle made her stop talking, “likes it when I shut up on my own – like now.”

Tara just smiled and shrugged as her family looked at both of them.

“I don’t even want to think about how Tara stops your babble,” laughed Donny as he stood up to carve the turkey.

“What’s Anya doing for Thanksgiving, Tara? Cathy asked as she passed her plate to Donny who had sliced some of the white meat of the bird.

“Oh, I forget to tell you. She texted earlier, six times to be exact. Jenny, Willow’s boss, has dragged her and Spike to a shelter to help serve dinner to the homeless,” Tara said.

Willow stifled a giggle, “Sorry. I was just thinking how much Anya must love that.”

“She’s not entirely happy as you can imagine. Spike told her they were going out for dinner with Jenny. She says the only way she getting through it is thinking about how Spike will be giving thanks later,” Tara continued, “only she was much more graphic.”

Cathy laughed aloud. Although she had never met Anya, she felt as if she knew her from Tara’s weekly updates from Sunnydale, and some of the tales told left her in no doubt just how graphic Anya had been.

“Her and Spike must be getting along well, though,” Cathy said, “What about you Willow. Do you and Anya get along?

Tara smiled and said nothing. She just wondered what Willow would say.

“Not yet,” Willow said candidly, “but Anya is Tara’s best friend. I guess I’ll find a way to adjust.

Taking his seat again, Donny smiled at Willow and said, “You just have to find something you have in common with her, and then take it from there. What does Anya like?”

“As far as I know just money and sex,” Willow answered making the assembled party laugh, “so I guess we have one thing in common.”

Oh shit … I just said I like sex … don’t look at Cathy … don’t look at anyone … especially Tara.

Tara froze, hoping that no-one would pick up on Willow’s comment, but Cathy just smiled at her daughter’s girlfriend, who was now taking an inordinate interest in the turkey on her plate.

“I take it you like money too, Willow?” Cathy said with sincerity disguising the obvious glee at having another chance to tease the redhead.

Tara also studied her plate as if she had never seen turkey before.

“Oh, no! I mean, we all need it, but money is a means to an end, it shouldn’t be the main thing in your life. Just enough to be comfortable, you know? I just need enough to pay the bills, save for the future and buy my girl some treats now then,” she told Cathy before realising that she was making it worse.

Why did you answer … can’t you ever stay quiet … oh, god, don’t laugh, Rosenberg, just smile like you don’t realise what you said. Now they all know I like sex.

“You’re right, Willow, money is not the be all and end all. There are much more important things in life,” Cathy said with a soft smile and winked at Donny and June.

The embarrassed girls looked up and smiled at each other, “Let’s eat,” Tara said relieved, “Pass the potatoes, Donny, please.”

Glad to be off the hook, Tara and Willow helped themselves to vegetables and the others followed suit as the bowls passed around the table.
------------------------------------------------------

“I’m stuffed,” Donny said as he pushed his empty plate away from him. The fine china only held smears of pumpkin pie as other plates joined his empty one in the centre of the table.

“Me too,” said Tara wiping at the corners of her mouth with a napkin.

“I can’t believe I ate so much,” Willow groaned rubbing her tummy.

“I know,” June agreed with all of them, “Cathy, it’s been a great dinner with great company.”

“The only thing that would have made it better would have six at the table,” Tara said with a little sadness looking to the extra place setting.

Donny smiled and looked at his wife, and she gave him a small nod.

He took a deep breath before speaking, and announced with pride, “Next year we will have six. June and I are having a baby.”

Tara and Cathy jumped up from their seats and hugged the happy couple. Questions such as “When?” and “Why didn’t you tell us earlier?” and “Do you have a name picked out yet?” mingled with excited answers and many tears from the assorted Maclays.

Willow watched with tears in her eyes. Less than two days she had been here and this was just another example of why she loved Tara, and why she had begun to love her girlfriend’s family. They were a joy to be a part of, the warmth they shared, and the bond they had.

At that moment she was even surer she wanted to be with Tara forever. She stood up and walked around the table to hug the prospective parents, “Congratulations, to both of you. My God, Cathy, you’re gonna be a Grandma, and you,” she cried, “Tara, you’re gonna be an aunt.”

“This is just one more thing to be thankful for,” said Cathy taking her seat again at the table. With quick hugs for Donny and June, Willow and Tara returned to their places.

“I’m thankful for many things this year,” Cathy further announced. “I’m thankful for my family. I’m thankful for my health and happiness.” She then looked directly at Willow, “I’m thankful my daughter is happy.” Turning to her son and daughter-in-law, “I’m thankful for this very happy news.”

“I’m also thankful that the business is doing well. Thankful for the fantastic meal we have enjoyed, and thankful that Donny is doing the washing-up.”

When the laughter subsided, Donny also listed the things that made him thankful. His wife, his family, and the joy of starting his own happy brood were enough to bring another tear to the eye.

June finished her speech, echoing what Donny had said, “Your turn Tara, what are you thankful for?”

“Um, well. My family, of course, I give thanks everyday for that. That I’ve made a good friend in Sunnydale, Anya has been wonderful. That I’ve made some new friends too in Buffy, Faith and maybe even Spike. I’m thankful my studies are going well. Most of all, I’m very thankful I had the good fortune and courage to find Willow,” she said taking her lover’s hand. She raised it to her lips and gave the knuckles a soft kiss, “Your turn Will.”

Willow looked around at the expectant faces. If ever there was a time to control her babbling mouth, this was it. She wanted to express herself eloquently. She wanted to convey to all of them to how much all of this meant to her.

“I’m thankful for my family, even though they aren’t here” she said and felt Tara squeeze her hand, “I’m thankful for my friends, thankful they have found their own happiness. I’m thankful for being made to feel very welcome here, among you all, you’ve made me feel like part of your family. You’ve made me feel very much at home. I’m thankful that someone loves me for being me. I’m thankful that that someone is you, Tara.”

Tara leaned over and kissed her girlfriend softly on the lips. A chaste kiss that only lasted a second or two, but promised a lifetime of love ended with a sigh.

Willow looked into Tara’s eyes and smiled, “I’m thankful for libraries and books. I’m thankful for quiet Saturday mornings.”

The End

PostPosted: Wed Nov 26, 2008 11:54 pm 
Dibs!! Thank goodness for quiet thursday mornings when I'm supposed to be studying for exams :)

PostPosted: Thu Nov 27, 2008 12:15 am 
19. Yummy Face

Extra big yay for updating this wonderful story... I liked how Willow wondefully integrated herself to Maclay family...

Posting While Nude Improves Your Mood.

PostPosted: Thu Nov 27, 2008 8:28 am 
6. Sassy Eggs

ooh waaawww :bow

that was...uhmm..quite saturday morning...I'm not making sense here..
anyway,,that was awesome :smash

but..the end?? :sob

more fic please..hehe :blush

RC :kgeek

PostPosted: Fri Nov 28, 2008 6:25 pm 
7. Teeny Tinkerbell Light

I just wanted to (finally) weigh in on this story, which has been going on here so long and I've never taken the time to read it before.

So much to love: the meeting at the library, Faith 'blackmailing' Buffy for Tara's name, the wonderful shower scenes, the note from Tara's neighbor on her door, "Shotgun Mama," "Touch Red!" and many others. A great story.

PostPosted: Sat Nov 29, 2008 4:10 am 
6. Sassy Eggs

Hey, thanks for sharing this beautiful story. I really loved all the bantering and bickering between W/T and the Maclay family.

Anya was written hilarious. And even Spike as the cool dummy was nice. Faith being forward and gentle in one person, cool. But best of all W/T. Well described how they were between shy and go for it. They both had one goal: Getting the girl of your dreams. And they did. And how they did. Nice.

Maybe there will be a sequel? Or somethings else, you want to share? I would love to read more stories from you.

Best wishes sacinema

PostPosted: Sat Nov 29, 2008 11:10 am 
4. Extra Flamey

Wow. What a great ending. I finally caught up, and this truly made my day. Good timing, too!!

Quote:
The laughter died away to be replaced by a comfortable silence as the three women looked at each other. In the Maclay kitchen, each of them felt that something magical had happened. Something that would last their lifetimes.

Ah, that part really did get me to tear up. I saw it all happen so clearly. It was a beautifully written moment.

Quote:
“I have a question, Willow, one your mathematical brain will appreciate, I think,” Cathy said as led her girls to the kitchen, “If one person can cut twenty five stems of foliage in thirty minutes, how many stems should two people cut in forty five minutes, providing they spend that forty five minutes cutting?”

Tara and Willow stopped dead in their tracks as June and Cathy walked further into the kitchen.

Willow had begun the mental arithmetic, but her brain ground to a halt round about the same time as her feet as she once again had to concede the point to Cathy.

I love how Cathy can appeal to so many personality types. She even had me thinking about the math for a minute! And poor Willow! We love her even when she's a little dim-witted. I love how you get her to fall into these situations multiple times in this chapter. Laughter is indeed the best way to welcome someone into your family.

What a wonderful story!! Congrats on finishing it, even though it took longer than you originally expected. It was well worth the effort.

http://citychickenfarm.blogspot.com/

PostPosted: Sat Nov 29, 2008 9:37 pm 
13. Big Knowledge Woman

PTS,
The eloquence, beauty, and warmth of your story speak volumes for themselves so anything I could add is superfluous.
In the spirit of giving thanks, I would like to say a hearty and emotional 'Thank You' for taking us on this life-affirming journey through such rolling countryside and fields of clover with birds singing, a soft breeze rustling through the trees, allowing stray hairs to be lovingly tucked behind ears.
Like a written tonic of feel-good cola, stories like this are rare in that they transport the reader into the land of fiction where no harm can befall Willow and Tara and their love may be delayed but never defeated.
"If the hard times come around, may they see them through together,
and may there be love and laughter in the heart of their home."
-Andy M. Stewart(slightly paraphrased.)
Grace us with another story when you can.

PostPosted: Mon Dec 01, 2008 2:04 am 
32. Kisses and Gay Love

It's over... I don't like that it's over...

:cry

"Joie est mon caractère, C'est la faute à Voltaire; Misère est mon trousseau, C'est la faute à Rousseau." Gavroche. Victor Hugo, Les Misérables (chap. XV)

PostPosted: Mon Dec 01, 2008 8:37 am 
6. Sassy Eggs

Hey there!

Congratulations on completion of the story. This was such an enjoyable read and ended so well. Also loved the perfect timing for Turkey Day. ;-)

Tara's mom really cracked me up throughout the final chapters. I love the banter she had with both Willow and Tara and that she called their bluffs at every turn. Too funny!

Thanks for sharing and hope to see more stories in the future!

PostPosted: Tue Dec 02, 2008 2:40 pm 
3. Flaming O

What a wonderful way to end this joyful story. Willow became part of Tara's family, and didn't get scared to death by Cathy's shotgun-welcome. I can see this as the point where the girls can start really living their life together without fear of any kind, and Willow has a cool mother-in-law.

Congratulations and thank you for sharing. You planning to write something else in the future? I hope so.

PostPosted: Wed Feb 18, 2009 11:19 am 
We are now in February and well past my examinations period ... and that is when I realised I had dibbsed a story for the first time on the KB without offering a more developed form of feedback after that :-)

I feel rather pleased to be able to do this today and thank you for having created such a seductive ending ... seductive in the sense that it's an unexpected chapter that fully acknowledges the strength of the love of the two girls for each other.

The planning of the scenes was a delight to follow as they felt as natural as the setting in the countryside that you had eloquently drawn.

Cathy's restrictions give rise to some very humorous moments and I loved that particular touch. When someone imposes a restriction on you, you strive to break free of course and I feel that the woods love making scene was highly satisfying as a read because of that. The pulsating needs of the girls were penned in a poetic manner that tuned in to a more rough and realistic way of portraying their love making. The sudden ripening was as pleasurable as the pleasure they felt.

My heart leans more in its affections towards our two girls' affectionate scenes as these are the ones where you have depicted them as being truly themselves without falling into the realm of what their desires are doing to them. I really do believe that what gives an additional qualitative touch to the love making scenes is specifically this: their authenticity

On a last note, the thanksgiving dinner with Donny's and June's announcement, Shotgun Mama’s constant teasing, the rapid shift to what other characters are doing for this period was all so homely and I think that's how you managed to give a good representation of physical desires. Willow and Tara’s kiss that came previous to that offset the quality of the following physicality since a balance was created whereby their love became more tangible (to the reader's thoughts) than the actual description of the need for physical contact.

Loved being on this journey ^^,

Vi'

PostPosted: Thu Feb 19, 2009 11:33 am 
12. Recently Gay

Hey, fellow kittens. Sorry it’s taken so long to get round to leaving comments, I almost feel as if I have been rude in my remiss.

Since posting the last chapter, real life went a little awry and I got caught up in things, then busy at Christmas and so on.

Since it’s been bumped back to the first page, I thought I should really get it put to bed, once and for all.

I’d like to thank all of you who left feedback at one time or another, your comments meant a lot, and went a long way in keeping me going when sometimes I thought the words would never come.

Thank you, too, to the lurkers who helped raise the view count to way beyond what I ever thought it would achieve.

Like all of you, I take comfort in the world of possibilities we find in the fiction at this site, and it’s been a pleasure and an honour to have made a contribution to keeping Willow and Tara’s love alive.

I hope you all enjoyed reading QSM as much as I enjoyed writing it. It was learning curve for me, and sometimes it came easy, and sometimes, particularly near the end chapters, it was at times more difficult.

I was tempted to write an epilogue, I even had it sketched out in my head. The general outline had it set about 10 years in the future, W/T having a weekend in the cabin that Tara had mention in one of the early chapters. It would have been a Saturday morning with the two of them all cuddled up against the cold, listening to the birds singing and the breeze in the trees. They would have got to talking about the years they had been together, and how much they had always enjoyed their Quiet Saturday Mornings, and about how things had changed, etc. Tara would have went all seductive and told Willow that things hadn’t changed that much, then a little kissing, and little cuddling would ensue.

At that point the door would have burst open and a little girl of about 5 years old would burst through the door shouting something like, “Momma, Mommy! Shotgun Grandma’s coming.”

The last line would have been Willow groaning and saying “So much for a quiet Saturday morning.”

Anyway, I never wrote it, but I wanted to share that with you all.

Once again, thank you for all the support and comments, and lets get on with the thanks to the last batch of feedback.

nimloth – Congrats on your dibs, even if it was months in the follow-up – all my prodding for you to feedback finally bore fruit.

Vi’, my friend, your feedback throughout has been a delight. Sometimes it has had made me cock my head to the left and say “Huh?” but it has been an education reading your eloquent prose and heartfelt response to my little fic. I’m pleased you enjoyed the final chapter – it was hard letting go of the story in the end, but I’m pleased it all tied together nicely for you.

Zampsa1975 – Sami, I can’t be sure, but I think you left feedback at every update, and for that I thank you. It was nice to have Willow comfortable at the Maclay home after all the affectionate teasing she had to endure.

arsyadriani – Thanks for reading and feedbacking.

Quote:
but..the end??

Yep, the end – sorry, there ain’t anymore. I sort of wish there was, I enjoyed creating the world around them, but now our girls are on their own, writing their own story and living happily ever after.

CaptMurdock – Thanks for your kind comments, and thank you for taking the time to read all 34 chapters.

I’m glad you liked all the elements I threw together – sometimes I wondered if they would work or not. Cathy was fun to write – with no real restraints coming from cannon, I could make her as I wanted, and I wanted a vibrant, fun loving, shotgun totin’ Mama for Tara. Faith’s character was hopefully fun too, the Faith she could have been underneath all the posturing and bravado of the series version.

sacinema – Thank for your comments – I’m pleased you enjoyed the story.

Quote:
I really loved all the bantering and bickering between W/T and the Maclay family.

That was fun. I enjoyed giving Tara a happy family life. So many fics stay true to cannon with Tara’s upbringing, but now and again she deserves to have a nice family.

Quote:
Maybe there will be a sequel? Or somethings else, you want to share? I would love to read more stories from you.

No sequel to this one, and I really wish I had something else to share, but the muse appears to be on a long vacation and I’m not sure when she will be back.

taylorgirl6 - Hey – really good to see you here – glad you finally got caught up with this. And, even more that you enjoyed it.

Another fan of Cathy! I loved writing her, as I’ve said. AU, and in particular, original characters give the writer a little more freedom to write. While the main players are fun too, you are always aware of the idiosyncrasies that make them recognisable to the reader, and it’s important not to mess too much with what makes us love them. With Cathy, there was no script and no constriction. My only worry was that her teasing would border on annoyance, or have Willow retreat into her shell, so I hope I struck the right balance with her.

Quote:
What a wonderful story!! Congrats on finishing it, even though it took longer than you originally expected. It was well worth the effort.

Thank you!! Thank you. And thank you.

taralicious – Thank you for all the fabulous comments since coming aboard, they all raised a smile and gave the ego a boost.

Quote:
The eloquence, beauty, and warmth of your story speak volumes for themselves so anything I could add is superfluous.

A lovely compliment, thank you.

JujuDeRoussie
Quote:
It's over... I don't like that it's over...

Sorry, Ju, it had to end sometime! But it was nice while it lasted, wasn’t i?

ophellia11
Quote:
Congratulations on completion of the story. This was such an enjoyable read and ended so well. Also loved the perfect timing for Turkey Day.

Thanks, it was good to finally finish it. It was always the ending I had planned for it, even if it took me longer than I thought to get there – lol. The timing, if I’m honest, wasn’t planned, but the synchronicity appealed to me the closer it got to Turkey Day, and once I had set that deadline, it gave me the impetus to complete it.

PolarBear
Quote:
I can see this as the point where the girls can start really living their life together without fear of any kind, and Willow has a cool mother-in-law.

It’s definitely the point where their life together really begins. Shotgun Mama was like a baptism of fire and Willow came through with flying colours. From Cathy’s point of view, anyone who can take her teasing and constant bluff calling has the credentials to stick through thick and thin with her daughter.

Wow, that’s it. All done and dusted unless someone else sneaks in and leaves a comment:)

As a first time author of fanfic, or anything else, it has been a pleasure to share this with all of you. I never expected such a response when I initially posted, and I can’t even describe how nervous I was about that, but all of you helped make it an enjoyable experience for an inexperienced writer. So, for that, you have my heartfelt thanks and admiration.

I’m not sure if I will contribute another story, or even update Writer’s Block, but to know it would be welcomed here at the best archive on the web fills me with immense pride and gratitude.

Thank you, all of you!

PostPosted: Fri Feb 20, 2009 9:45 am 
I do believe this would make such a lovely epilogue if ever you decided to add it. I couldn’t help having a good laugh when I read about Shotgun Granny. Nice one.
But the writer’s wishes are to be respected foremost and if this is how you choose to end it ... so be it in beauty and grace :-)

All the best for all of your future endeavours.

PostPosted: Mon Apr 18, 2011 11:21 pm 
2. Floating Rose

Great work. I laughed at shotgun mama and the family antics. I awww'ed at the sweetness of this story, and I dropped my jaw and needed a fan for those steamy love and f*%k sessions. Thanks so much for this it was a pleasure to read.

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 296 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 6, 7, 8, 9, 10