The Kitten, the Witches and the Bad Wardrobe - Willow & Tara Forever

General Chat  || Kitten  || WaV  || Pens  || Mi2  || GMP  || TiE  || FAQ  || Feed - The Kitten, the Witches and the Bad Wardrobe

All times are UTC - 8 hours [ DST ]

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 723 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 21, 22, 23, 24, 25  Next
 Post subject: Re: The Lamb - Chapter 52 - Completed Oct. 29
PostPosted: Fri Oct 31, 2008 5:13 pm 
6. Sassy Eggs

Topics: 1
Smoking corpses indeed!

Nice foovatars!

Odd question: do any of my readers live near Boston? I'm there on business next week, and would love to meet kittens.

Jen

PostPosted: Fri Oct 31, 2008 8:11 pm 
6. Sassy Eggs

Hey there!

I actually read the final update a few days ago and have thought about the story several times since then. I'm not sure any feedback I leave could possibly tell you how much I enjoyed this story. It was simply awesome in its entirety. You created a story with the perfect blend of adventure and romance. While I'm left wanting more, I also feel sated.

I love everything about this final chapter. While John's identity has been hinted throughout the story, it came as a complete surprise to me and was absolutely perfect. Though we've known all along the important roles of Willow, Tara, and Faith in this battle, John's significance wasn't revealed until the very end and he turned out to be essential.

The first half of this chapter was heartbreaking, but necessary. It unfolded with such care and emotion and I held my breath as I read it. You created such a beautiful and tragic exchange that I almost felt voyeuristic while reading it. I knew Tara needed to die to be true to the story and I admire your courage as an author in doing so with such raw passion. Though I'm always a fan of the "happy ending", to pull a last minute save would have been almost disappointing. Tara's return was that much sweeter for the sacrifice she made and that Willow ultimately accepted it.

Congratulations on an incredible accomplishment. I know when I finished my first story I felt proud to have done it, but also a little sad to see its end. Will you be writing more in the future?

Thanks for sharing and take care!

PostPosted: Sat Nov 01, 2008 6:03 pm 
12. Recently Gay

Wow – the end of a truly amazing journey, and a truly brilliant piece of storytelling.

Not for the first time I find myself lost for words when trying to form some sort of cognitive feedback. This is my fourth attempt to put my feelings on paper since first reading on Thursday evening.

Each time I’ve went back and read the update hoping I could get beyond the emotions I feel, and all occasions I’ve failed. By the time I get to the final words of the chapter, all rational thought is leaking away with tears coursing down my face.

Maybe it’s the dignity with which Tara accepts her fate and the courage with which Willow carries out her task, but mainly it is the skill and craft of your words and the images they evoke.

I think Nenyath’s feedback just summed up everything perfectly, but a few additional quotes, if I may:

Quote:
she could feel the brightening of the highway to heaven, lit by those who had walked before her.

I loved that phrase; it brought an image from one of my favourite movies – A Matter of Life and Death, with the escalator to heaven.

Quote:
“It's always been about love,”

Before I even read these words, they were in my head as soon as Buffy spoke. For those of us brought up in a Christian society, the greatest sacrifice of all was in the name of love, and Xander’s summation echoes and reinforces the religious overtones that have been evident throughout your tale.

Quote:
But even while living, Willow’s soul would still be reaved from her body, and she would be sentenced to a lifetime writhing in the regrets and the remorse of the damned.

Powerful and beautiful - going beyond grief and taking us to the borders of madness.

Quote:
Belly big afternoons spent under the willow tree. Durians and morningstars and nights, many many nights, of love.

No kitten abraded couches? :)

I had been wondering about John, as you know, but the Osiris connection never once occurred to me – ironic that the wheels set in motion at Buffy’s resurrection to cause Willow her greatest pain would also be the cause of her greatest happiness. Irony is kinda ironic that way.

It feels weird to think this is the last comments I’ll leave here. It’s a bit sad, really, when the most engrossing fic’s come to and end. Since February, when I first caught up with your work, I have been enthralled, awed, entertained, ripped apart and been put back together again, and have loved every minute of it.

Thank you for sharing part of yourself with us. It has been a privilege to walk a while with you on your path.

PostPosted: Sun Nov 02, 2008 1:30 pm 
13. Big Knowledge Woman

Oh, Phoenix, what an amazing journey with an absolutely beautiful ending. My words wouldn't begin to do it justice, but thank you, thank you, for sharing this incredible story with us. Hope to see something else from you soon.

Take care,
Wimpy

"There was plenty of magic." ~~ Tara

PostPosted: Sun Nov 02, 2008 1:33 pm 
3. Flaming O

Hi Phoenix,

I just wanted to say thank you for sharing this awesome story with us. Actually I've been following your story quietly from the background for some time. I've never commented your story before and I'm sorry for that. Every time I tried I found myself dumbstruck.

And dumbstruck I am still.

The thing that makes this story special is your writing style. Like someone already mentioned some time ago it's a bit like poetry. Actually reading this story has been little challenging for me at times, but I've enjoyed every single word.

Thank you once again. The ride has been unforgettable and I may say, painfully beautiful.

PostPosted: Mon Nov 03, 2008 6:04 pm 
5. Willowhand

Jennnnnn,

The Great Dibs War of KB2008 has come and gone and I've finally sat down to read the final chapter. I waited on purpose, actually. I'm at a serious crossroads in my life and just wasn't certain I could enjoy the final chapter properly without at least somewhat of a clear head. It's been dark and foggy in this heart of mine, and this last update was particularly intense/touching/beautiful/cathartic, and it helped me crawl out of the little hole I've dug for myself. But not before the crush of this:

Quote:
For a few moments she managed to hold in her grief, rocking Tara's body back and forth, but it grew to an unimaginable size and she just had to scream.

and

Quote:
Willow thought her heart had been extinguished forever.

It sounds awfully dramatic, but it's true -- I silently wept a little in my cubicle at work. Not something I really wanted to do anymore (especially not after last week) but like so many other times in your story, emotions just snuck up on me. I'm not certain I have the energy to comment in as much detail as I'd like, but know that I'm in love with this story. In love with its poetic beauty, and its ability to make me *feel.* Thank you for word-gifts. If you were here, an ice cream cone would surely be bought for you.

Jetson the girl.

PostPosted: Mon Nov 03, 2008 8:04 pm 
5. Willowhand

anychance of a sequal?

PostPosted: Wed Nov 05, 2008 5:39 am 
32. Kisses and Gay Love

Topics: 7
Hey Jen,
You remember the other day when we chatted and I said I was working on writing some fb and you asked how that was going? Well, I got a file opened. I need to face it that I just can't get around to writing the feedback that this is so worthy of. I'm sorry for that.

The ending is just wonderful. Given that you had to bring Tara back, it's done very well. I enjoyed the intensity of Willow's pain and the resolution of that.

This story was epic. When you entered KB we knew you were bringing something new and unusual and special and I don't think we've ever been disappointing.

Congratulations on such a wonderful piece of art.

PostPosted: Sun Nov 09, 2008 9:24 am 
6. Sassy Eggs

Phoenix!!!

I know that I’m waaaaaay past late, but honestly? I really think that I just didn’t want this story to be over. Plus, the past few weeks have been incredibly stressful / heartbreaky / lifehchangey and I just didn’t have the oomph that I needed to put into feedback for the amazingness that is the Lamb.

I can’t believe that the story only takes two weeks. It seems like such a huge amount of lifetime happened for both our girls (maybe that’s because so much happened and changed and was lost and gained and lost in my own life during the writing of it), but it was really just two short weeks. Wow. Makes you think… life really can change pretty drastically overnight.

Can I just say? I read this last update when you first posted. And then again. And now, on my third time through, I have tears in my eyes at this –

Quote:
For Willow was more than her girl, her lover, her saviour. Willow was her light, a light more glorious than sunlight, moonlight, and starlight combined. She was the Willow-light, the love-light, Tara's new north star.

Golly. You know, I just didn’t realize how much I need them to be together. Their love… it’s so huge and indefinable and… right. There is no Willow without Tara. There never will be.

It kind of hurts a little and makes me so happy that, in the end, their love endured. Through death, even. One of the things that impacted me the most was that... Willow and Tara had always operated under a sense of limitation. They both knew that they would eventually be separated. And they still had to face that - heart achingly so. But they did face it - rather heroically - and they were eventually able to be together. Without the limitations. What was it you said - loving Willow was always so simple, but never easy? I know that's an awfully clumsy way to say what I'm trying to say, but... I hope you get it. Maybe?

Quote:
For one last time, Tara held Willow, so tight they should have become one, Willow’s broken voice in her ear, “I can’t lose you again. I just can’t!”

God. More tears. I wish I had the words … You’ve really portrayed the love that endures but the loss that prevails so so well. My heart is literally hurting. Again.

I love what you did with John.

I love that you gave them a second chance. I needed them to have that second chance, without the sickness. Without the blemishes. Without the heartache. Because second chances are not always something we can count on in real life. Sometimes you lose. Lose big. That's why celebrating Willow and Tara's enduring love is so important to me.

It’s hard to read, the loss you’ve painted. But the hope.... The hope is completely worth the pain. Every ounce. You’ve really explored the want and the love and the safety and the hope of true love so well. Such amazing storytelling.

I just… I wish I could say more, but I’m kind of broken up again.

Thank you, Jen, for giving us the Lamb.

PostPosted: Sun Nov 09, 2008 10:45 am 
11. Fish in the Bowl

Incredible fic! It is so intricate and wonderfully written. Loved the way the narration was done (with the thoughts interjected) and the interweaving of btvs characters. They all seemed true to their canon and very plausible. I saw maybe 3 episodes of the season 7 & the preacher man has always scared the holy bejeebus out of me. So evil.

I tend to read fanfics now after they’re finished so thank you for taking your time and writing this. I know I personally have a hard time finishing- I’m still working on that. :whistle

PostPosted: Mon Nov 10, 2008 8:45 am 
6. Sassy Eggs

The last chapter was as good as the rest, if not better.

I really loved the bit about Osiris sacrificing his live to save Tara, very nice touch.

Can't wait to read anything else you write, and i do mean ANYTHING, cuz im sure it'll be amazing as always.

You're a fantastic writer. Thanks for sharing your work with us.

Hector Avellan.

PostPosted: Mon Nov 17, 2008 7:42 pm 
10. Troll Hammer

Topics: 4
Sorry this took me so long. But I had to re-read everything. Every last, delicious word. So my promise to you is fulfilled. Except picking a restaurant. That'll be next time though :P

Phoenix, you've not rendered me speechless. You've rendered me unable to put thoughts into words, because your story defies the laws of feedback. It can't be done. Proper fb is impossible, justice cannot be served. So I feel inadequate and clumsy. Bear with it, please.

The power of repetition in the last chapter really helps bring the reader back to the beginning. All epic 52 chapters of it. Just a few choice phrases and words, used here, invokes everything you've written in an instant. It's like a magic remembrall only without the cloud of red.

And holy hell, 14 days? Really? Gosh, it feels like a lifetime. I guess that's kinda the point, though, huh?

Quote:
She had never wanted so badly to stay.
Boy, what a great line. How heavy that sentence stands by itself despite simplicity. And you bring us back to the beginning and to the present at the same instant. How do you do that? So cool.

Quote:
Willow's warm fingers moving higher now, leaving the comfort of Tara's waist to journey up her back, caressing her shoulder blades
I totally saw that action as the moment in "New Moon Rising" when Willow goes to Tara's room and melts in the comfort of Tara's embrace. Dunno if that was intentional, but it was a damn neat reference.

Quote:
Tara used her tongue to open Willow’s mouth; she cried as she tasted Willow for the last time.
Love that line. I think that moment is 'The Kiss' for me this story. Because in many ways, it is the most important one, for them at least, for them in that moment.

Quote:
This most important murder would weigh her conscience like a millstone, and it wouldn’t take long for her to join Tara in the land of the dead.
Christ. Maybe I'm reading this wrong, but my mind just went to what The First/Cassie told Willow to do that awful night in the library during S7. Sent shivers right down my spine. And I didn't even catch that until the third read.

Quote:
And as she had already discovered, even heaven had no beauty to match it.
Ohgod. I love that. I've been waiting for someone to point out the beauty of this world. The magic it holds, the wonders it possesses. How could heaven compare when all we humans have to base it on in imagination are idyllic worldly things? Thank you for making point the earth as heaven in it's own right.

And oh man, I lost it when the Scoobies showed up and walked Tara into Light. What an absolutely breathtaking image. I think that moment ranks up there with Willow's little star-show in Tara's bedroom. Took my breath away. Achingly beautiful, Jen. Fuck yeah, it's always been about love. I fucking love you, too, Xander.

Love the twist about Osiris. There's erm...a strikingly similar parallel to something close to me. I wonder if are minds are totally connected somehow, neat. It never really ended that night in the graveyard or that horrible afternoon on Revello Drive, did it? Nothing is ever that simple in Buffytown.

Magnificent. Truly and utterly. No more words, because oftentimes they are too cheap in the face of such beauty.

Thank you.

PostPosted: Tue Nov 18, 2008 2:21 pm 
Ms. Moderator Fantastico
Ms. Moderator Fantastico

Topics: 8
I have no words, really, except thank you. Thank you for writing this, and for taking us on this journey with you, both fictional and personal. I'm not as wordy as other kittens here, but I just wanted to let you know how much I've enjoyed reading the Lamb, and how much fun I had making your banners; thanks for the inspiration, I hope they did this fic justice, and I'm looking forward to our next collaboration. There's . . . there's going to be a next time, right? :)

Kisses and Gay Love
"I like my buttons, curvy." - Willow, Neverland, by Easiersaid

PostPosted: Sun Nov 23, 2008 11:56 pm 
4. Extra Flamey

Couldn't believe I hadn't taken the time to read this before. It was such an amazing story I stayed up half the night to finish reading this (Now being 2am and me having to get up in 2 hours to head off to work) :blush

The story was just so utterly amazing that I found myself enchanted from the very beginning, you're are an amazing story teller and I wish I could have been there through every step of the updates. ( I always love suspense)

This story makes me want to confront my friend Caleb and yell at him for sharing the same name with that... that... FIEND! :happy Oh he shall pay for his deeds!

Thanks again for this amazing story, to grace this amazing archive!

And now for some much needed sleep :sleepy

PostPosted: Thu Nov 27, 2008 11:05 pm 
3. Flaming O

Thank You.
I know the policies of posting on this board and you dropped a few hints with the flash-forwards (awesome scenes by the way) I still held my breath, I still hesitated in trepidation of opening the last post both because I didn’t want it to end and because you had built up the tension so delicately.
This work is so intricate that it is impossible for me to write all the moments that were touching or moving without it being longer than your actual post. I even wondered if I could highlight the whole darn thing.
Usually I am one of those readers who hound for sequels but for some reason I don’t feel like this work needs it. I KNOW they live happily ever after and you even gave glimpses into that happiness. Where you chose to end the story was appropriate I think because of the tone you had set through out. The rest of their lives is another story. For me the minutia of their lives would have been captivating because we didn’t see the characters in very many normal settings and you built them up and made them so fascinating I wanted to read more.
I hope you realize how awesome you are! Basically that’s what my feedback boils down to. Thank you once again for writing and completing this fic. If you’re ever around Tampa you totally have a drink and some Gator tail with your name on it!
Tracey

PostPosted: Wed Dec 03, 2008 2:46 pm 
15. Apple Sauce & Tuna

Wow um am I ashamed for joining this story at the end. Sorry. It was wonderful and I enjoyed every moment of the last 2 days spent reading it in all my free time (and some of my not so free time). What a ride! I'm not sure I would have withstood the tension of reading it when you started. I hated to see Tara in so much pain, although you wrote it very well. The end made me smile that they are together...although I wish for an epilogue but then I am greedy.

Anyway, sorry again. I loved this story. Thank you for it.

PostPosted: Mon Dec 22, 2008 3:36 am 
2. Floating Rose

Wow this story was so moving. Im still in shock actually. Theres not much to say except thank you truly for writing this.

"Goddess grant me the serenity to accept that which I cannot change,

Courage to change the things I can, And Wisdom to know the difference."

"The real discovery lies not in seeking new horizons,

but rather in finding new eyes."

PostPosted: Mon Dec 29, 2008 12:35 am 
5. Willowhand

Image Image

Image Image

Image Image

Congrats, Phoenix!!!!!

PostPosted: Tue Dec 30, 2008 12:00 pm 
6. Sassy Eggs

Um, we can't forget this one...

I could not have done this without you!

Feedback coming soon!

PostPosted: Tue Dec 30, 2008 12:16 pm 
3. Flaming O

Yay, and a big congrats for all the fine awards, you truly deserve it! And a double yay for feedback, always loved feedback to feedback! This is a great day indeed! :-D

~The Show Must Go On by Queen

PostPosted: Fri Jan 02, 2009 11:32 am 
6. Sassy Eggs

At about 5 pm on October 29, a bunch of kittens began staking out the board, sharpening their claws, looking anxiously around the corners for dlline, and each waiting to pounce on the very last post of The Lamb. Phoenix, who might I say is innocent, didn't know she was taunting each of them, as she surfed the last few chapters of her story to be sure she got all the pieces correct.

Each time she showed up on the board there was a flurry of responses. The hours passed by. Masterjendu refreshed so often at one point that her computer crashed. Jude was up until past midnight in her own time zone. Zooey's Bridge suggested a revolt. Finally, Phoenix posted the last chapter and the real dibs war began.

Masterjendu won, by a hair, posting within seconds, Rachel within more seconds, and Jude mere seconds after that.

Thank you ladies. That, in itself, was reason to write The Lamb.

Now on to some feedback! (starting from just after the last feedback...)

Zooey's Bridge – Thank you for being an avid supporter of The Lamb Dibs War 2008. I hope it didn't interfere too much with exams. Seriously, you and Jude and Jen were seriously cracking everyone up – well, everyone who was also hovering around, waiting for a dibs! That was a great suggestion for a Foovatar.

Congrats on nearly getting the dibs, but more a heartfelt thanks for reading my story. I really appreciate the time you've spent giving me feedback. Thanks for commenting on the repetition – with such a long story, I was trying to find some way to knit it all together. A year for us, 14 days for them.
Quote:
No more words, because oftentimes they are too cheap in the face of such beauty.
Wow. That is amazing praise. Thank you so much.

taraslove – My dear Jude, am I ever glad you came to the KB, and to my thread. Your own works are amazing – remember me trying to rip off some of Portal? I'm glad you could feel some vicarious action with Jude, of the Order of the Crescent. I sincerely swear I did not tip off masterjendu, as you could see from the frantic state she herself was in. She just has jedi mind powers. Diane didn't even need to wield her 15 dibs billy club of power. One question though. Did you really call in sick?

Thank you for your feedback, and I did not mind at all that it was late. See how late my feedback to feedback is? It's so true that we expected it to be longer than two weeks in the story because so much kept happening out in our real lives. You've had a big year, Jude, with lots of heartbreak and change. I hope my story was able to help a little. John is kind of thanks to you. When I first wrote him in, I had no idea who he was. You said in one fb that you really liked him and I was thinking, well, maybe I should flesh him out a bit more. So, thank you, Jude, for inadvertently saving Tara's life.

I wish only the best things for you, Jude. Thank you for being here.

masterjendu – WINNER OF THE DIBS WAR! It really was kind of fitting, seeing as you got the first dibs ever of this story. I am so grateful to you. I'm amazed that you were able to beta two chapters a week, even while you were going to school full time. Your attention to detail, especially in the last crucial chapters when Caleb was jumping all over the world (everyone, she seriously made me a time zone chart relating all his jumps back to California time so I would know how much real time was passing...), was astounding. This story is what it is because of you. You're a fantastic beta, and a fantastic friend.

Here's to future collaborations! First, Revenant! There will also be Aurora, and many others, I'm sure.

Paint the Sky – Okay, seriously? Wonderful that you tallied the dibs. That was awesome. I'm sure Diane is proud of her 15 dibs billy club. Thank you for the feedback. I'm very pleased that you were able to join me on my journey of self-discovery. The Lamb healed me of many sorrows, gave me hope for the future. I can't imagine how it must have been for my readers, never knowing what I was going to do next, whether I would be ripping you apart or not. In a way, you must trust me a great deal.

Thank you for taking the time to leave such detailed feedback. I very much appreciate it. I hope you continue to enjoy my work!

dlline – It feels pretty amazing to get to this spot, doesn't it? I can only imagine how it felt for you to get your story published, to share it with an even larger audience. You've been with me from day one, and I appreciate it so much. Thanks for your help on the earlier chapters, for being such a staunch supporter of the dibs machine. If I have any power vested in me, I shall dub thee DIBS MASTER, just for dibsing more than a quarter of the story! There will certainly be more tales, and I am excited to share them with you. Thanks again for everything.

Bardic Myth – I love seeing newbies! Thank you for coming on the board and for speaking out. I know how hard it can be to leave comments sometimes. You are right – you have all won, to see this story end. The only reason it ended at all, the only reason I had the strength to keep going when the times were really rough, was because of my readers. Thanks for being among them.

Foomatic – My dear Foo, thank you! I bow in awe to your banners and your foovatars. Thank you so much for using your skills to make such amazing images for me to use. I'm quite excited about future collaborations, starting with Revenant. You say that you're not as wordy as other kittens, but that's all right. If I may say something trite, we all know that pictures are worth a thousand words. We'll talk soon about the next project!

Nenyath – You certainly get kudos for amazing feedback. I'm awed that you would put me and JK Rowling in the same context. I'm sort of hoping you will write something for the KB – you've got a fantastic turn of phrase. “Stampede of sorrow” and “strong like a folded blade”. Amazing! As you may have already realized, there will be no sequel to The Lamb. At one point I had a story flutter up to me, involving more Faith and the Order, but I didn't write it down and it fluttered away again. And now I have too many other stories to write. This one will stay where it is, warm and snuggly near my own heart. Thank you, Nenyath. I hope you also fly forever free.

ophelia 11 – So glad to see you here again. Thank you for taking the time to leave feedback. I'm glad you appreciated the difficulty in actually going through with killing Tara... twice... I didn't want to do a last minute save, so I hoped I had built up John enough that it didn't feel like I was copping out. As a reader, I hate that most of all, when authors write themselves into a corner and don't know how to get out. I was very aware of that, and hoped to pull it off with the dignity the story required. You're right – it was a little sad to see it end. The Lamb had been a very formative part of my life this past year. But new projects are forthcoming. The next one is called Revenant. I hope you enjoy it!

Bubs – What a time to come creeping on to my thread! I'm glad you made it, and I'm grateful for the comment. I know it's difficult at times to say anything at all. I appreciate it, and I'm glad my fic made you feel all nice and warm inside. That means I did a good job! Good luck on not being shy on the kitten board, all right?

Katjetson – It's so nice to be able to picture you in person when I write to you. I hope that life is getting a little better – things were pretty awful for a while, weren't they? I hope you're doing okay. In a way, I feel a little bad for taking everyone out with this update, the weeping and wailing and gnashing of teeth. In another way, I'm immensely pleased that I can get such a response! Thanks for being here throughout this story, Kat. I appreciate all your words. Next time you go to that Italian place for a gelato, think of me, okay?

Zampsa – Hello, my friend. You've been with me a very long way. Thank you for always commenting, it is so appreciated. The reference to Bargaining certainly worked out, and hopefully it didn't sound too far fetched. I'm glad you enjoyed my story, teary as it was. Hopefully you'll love the next one as well!

Wimpy – I was glad to see your post. I'm also glad you enjoyed the update; I was happy to share this story with you kittens. You'll have to wait a little while for the next one, but I guarantee that there will be a next one. Thanks for being with me on my journey.

Polar Bear – Thank you for taking a moment to comment. I realize how difficult it can be to leave feedback, especially when you don't know what to say, and others have already said the things that you want to. I'm glad you enjoyed my writing style – I never thought I was very good at poetry, but I did love trying to make this story lyrical. I can also understand quite heartily that it would be challenging to read this story at times – it's not exactly fluffy. I'm glad you stayed with me, though. Thank you for the feedback.

cammy – Sorry, dear girl. There just isn't a sequel in me for this work. There will be other stories, though. Many others. I hope you enjoy them as well.

Just Skip It – It doesn't matter that you can't write volumes. You have, at times in the past, when life wasn't as hectic for you. I'm just glad that you were here throughout. I'm glad you enjoyed the ending – I had hoped not to make it too trite or easy. That would be a letdown for myself, not to mention everyone else. Thank you for supporting me so much in the early days when things were tougher – I appreciate it. Take care.

Rane – Thank you for leaving some feedback. I can understand why you might want to wait until a fic is finished before you read it – leaves you less chance for serious heartache! Though it's always Willow and Tara, each story has a special resonance, an arc, and you want to see those fulfilled. I'm glad you were able to enjoy my story. As far as your own fic goes – just keep plugging away!

ceridwen – I'm glad you loved the bit about Osiris giving up his immortality for Tara. I'm sure glad that John was able to work out that way. Thank you for your comments throughout the fic, I really appreciate them. Thanks to you and my other dedicated readers, I am seriously pursuing publication of some of my work. I promise to let you know when (see the optimism?) I'm successful. Until then, I hope you enjoy my W/T work. My next project won't be for a little while, but I'm sure you'll love it. Thanks for reading.

MelCar19 – Wow, I hope you were able to function normally at work after staying up all night to read this. I'm glad you found the story enchanting and suspenseful. Too bad about your friend Caleb. Maybe he can redeem mankind? Don't blame him too much for how the story ends. If there were people walking around named Voldemort, they'd probably get punched a lot, too. Thanks for reading, and for commenting.

Second Fig – I began this story knowing full well the policies of the board, which made me become a little creative. I'm glad that you were able to enjoy this story, even with all my hinting of Tara's death and sacrifice. I'm also a little pleased that you don't think this needs a sequel – we know they live happily ever after. Thanks for the invite – if I'm ever in Tampa, I'll certainly pop by!

Puff – No need to feel ashamed at coming in at the end. Sometimes it's safer for the heart to know the story has a ending to it at all. Made me chuckle when you said you read in all your free time (and not so free time). I'm glad I could hijack your heart in a small manner. Thank you for leaving your comments, it means a lot to me.

Bent Broken Theory – I'm glad I could share my story with you. I hope you are now out of shock. Thank you for reading.

If you are someone who actually read the feedback for everyone, you would have caught a few things. For my NaNoWriMo project this year, I wrote a novel titled, “Revenant”. It was not W/T. I am going to adapt it for the KB and test it on you, and then submit it for publication later in the year. I'm not sure when I'll do the adaptation – I'm actually knee deep in another story project – in fact, the novelisation of The Lamb. It may be March or April before I'm able to get it to you.

I just want to thank all of you for your support. This has been the biggest, most life changing year I've ever had, full of extreme ups and downs. Your support of me and The Lamb has meant the world to me. It gave me the courage I needed to come out to my parents, to realize that I could be more than the person I was, to realize that I also deserved to be happy. I still have a long way to go, and my first kiss to look forward to.

Va pup!

Jen (the Phoenix)

PostPosted: Sun Jan 11, 2009 6:00 pm 
11. Fish in the Bowl

Hey... I just read your little tale...

And I just want to thank you...

Thank you for this incredible epic...
Thank you for the one of the most impressive Tara´s impersonation.
Thank you for the extremely cute Willow...
Thank you for my tears... Thank you for my smile...
Thank you for this amazing lesson...

thank you for this splendid epic.

My Heart Draws a Dream
True Colors of Love
A Crazy Little Thing Called Mutation

PostPosted: Mon Feb 16, 2009 3:12 am 
6. Sassy Eggs

Okay so I was way behind on this one - I spent all weekend not writing my PhD thesis because I was so captured by this amazing story. Now it's 10:06 on Monday morning and I am sitting at my monitor, tears drying on my face as I just finished reading. You truly are a writer. Amazing.

Your story and the journey you've been on yourself says so much about love. The ability to love is humanity's greatest triumph.

Thank you, thank, you, thank you.

Now I feel galvanised enough to write my thesis chapter.

Big up from the UK :pride

PostPosted: Sun Feb 22, 2009 1:08 pm 
6. Sassy Eggs

Phoenix,
I have been away from the kitten board for a few years now, damn that real life stuff... :)

After catching a BTVS marathon last week, I found my way back last Wednesday to these wonderful W/T fics and to yours' "The Lamb". I read it over a 4 day period and was absolutely captivated with your tale. I found that in my downtime away from my laptop, the story frequently invaded my thoughts, I guess that's how enchanting it was, I could not wait to get back to the story to see where you were going to take it. The story itself was heartbreaking and so beautiful at the same time. I spent many moments on the edge of my seat anticipating your next line. Your writing talent is truly an amazing gift.

To start, the fact Buffy, Xander, and Giles were dead was tough and I had a hard time getting past that, but I did and it totally worked in your fic. The stories Willow shared about them and Tara even meeting them in the afterlife, it just worked. Your Tara was inspiring, such strength and selflessness. And the love you brought to Willow and Tara's relationship was so above anything imaginable. The fact that each could love no other than each other, simply brilliant. :)

The last chapter was a tough read, I had to get up several times to wipe the tears, damn those tears... you know you're doing it right bringing out that kind of emotion. :bow Such disbelieve that it had to happen that way, Willow killing Tara, knowing all along that it indeed had to happen that way. Thank you for John, he was truly their savoir. (Whew... and mine too) :)

It was a remarkable journey, thanks for that.

-anna

PostPosted: Fri Feb 05, 2010 7:25 am 
4. Extra Flamey

re-reading, so good.

PostPosted: Sun Jun 13, 2010 7:45 pm 
7. Teeny Tinkerbell Light

This is an absolutely brilliant piece. And I agree with earlier sentiments, please take us to that garden, in the summer time, with big bellies and tomato plants. Give us another glimpse into their happiness.

PostPosted: Wed Aug 18, 2010 3:55 pm 
8. Vixen

Topics: 3
As I sit here writing this I'm sniffling. I can smell the pine, see the moonlight and I can still hear Willow's cries as she took Tara's life along with the sweet and wonderful promises made that bring Tara back.

I'm not even sure if you are still on the KB and writing as I am relatively new to, well, all of this.

I read "Apothecary" and had to read more of what you have written. I finished this story in roughly six hours over two days. Your imagery is delicious and you style of writing verges on poetic. Thus far I have only seen published novels written this well.

Even if you are no longer writing I hope you are at least reading the comments and raves you s deserve.

"Dry Heat – In Progress (still)" "Penny Arcade - Completed"
My Fic Challenge entries:
"Fireworks" "Promise" "I Did What Last Night?"

PostPosted: Wed Jun 22, 2011 11:12 pm 
1. Blessed Wannabe

that was amazing, i just stumbled on this story while i was going through the archives and WOW this was soo epic soo brilliant. im at a loss for words on how much this story rocked. thank you so much.

PostPosted: Tue Nov 15, 2011 10:26 pm 
9. Gay Now

Topics: 15
Simply stunning.

An Epic in every sense of the word.

This made me cry so often.

Absolute magic.

:flower

My Story: Coming Home

PostPosted: Tue Oct 29, 2013 4:18 am 
4. Extra Flamey

Hi Phoenix

Hopefully you're still around and get to read this. I have been reading your story for a few days now from start to finish and I truly loved it. It was so moving, tragic, romantic all the while making me laugh and cry. Thank you for writing this wonderful story.

Kim

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 723 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 21, 22, 23, 24, 25  Next