The Kitten, the Witches and the Bad Wardrobe - Willow & Tara Forever

General Chat  || Kitten  || WaV  || Pens  || Mi2  || GMP  || TiE  || FAQ  || Feed - The Kitten, the Witches and the Bad Wardrobe

All times are UTC - 8 hours [ DST ]

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 201 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7  Next
 Post subject: Re: Once More, With Fruitcake: A Very Kitten Holiday Series
PostPosted: Sat Dec 24, 2005 7:18 am 
4. Extra Flamey

Sasha wrote:
Oh dear I'm terribly behind with feedback... I'm sure you know how it is at this time of year, far too hectic to sit down and have a proper read! I promise I'll eventually get round to posting proper feedback, but for now I'd just like to say thankyou for this wonderful series and a very Merry Christmas to all you Kittens!

To save me having to type it out again which will probably end up being an extensive amount of words with no meaning I'll just say "What she said"! I'll also eventually be giving you guys feedback, probably next week!
Merry Christmas, and enjoy the holidays!

X-Katie-X

Last edited by lollipopgirl on Mon Jul 16, 2012 8:13 am, edited 1 time in total.

PostPosted: Sat Dec 24, 2005 11:05 pm 
4. Extra Flamey

[center]Image[/center]
Title: UCSD Radio Presents: Christmas Carol Competition 2005
Author: Janna (wiccanbotanist)
Rating: PG
Summary: Buffy gets the gang involved in a caroling competition.
Disclaimers: The usual. Not mine….you’ve heard it all before.
Note: Sorry about the late-itude. And Merry Christmas!
Required Elements: 12 Drummers drumming, singing Christmas carols, and wrapping presents

Tara turned on the small clock radio/CD player/coffee pot contraption, which Willow insisted on buying, as she started to rinse the dishes and place them into the dishwasher. The gang was in the living room, watching another Christmas movie. When Tara had went into the kitchen Xander was finishing up his Snoopy Dance as Dawn was placing Emmett Otter’s Jug Band Christmas into the VCR. A reminder of the Christmas season flowed from the tiny speakers and Tara couldn’t help but sing along.

This was the last movie of the night, made obvious by everyone starting to sink further into their seats and heavy eyelids started to close. Buffy was still wide awake however, as she was an ‘up at night kinda person’ so she decided to be of some service and help clean up a little. She gathered a few items from the coffee table and headed towards the kitchen.

Buffy almost dropped the bowl of popcorn when she entered the kitchen. But then she paused. Everything stood still. Even the stars held their breath as Tara sang Silent Night.

Willow noticed Buffy standing at the archway to the kitchen, her curiosity sent her to check it out. But she too could only stand there and watch the angel with the beautiful voice. One by one the others gathered around and watched. When the song ended everyone started clapping.

Startled, Tara turned around, red faced in embarrassment. “Oh… uh… Sorry.”

“Don’t be.” Willow walked up and gave her girl a kiss causing the others to turn back to the living room and the movie they were watching.

It was a cold day for Sunnydale, which seemed appropriate as Buffy drove around Christmas Shopping. The town was becoming festive…it was more than red and green and glitter that laced the streets of town.

Once again the holiday season was evident in the radio, as another parody version of the 12 Days of Christmas played on the University of California Sunnydale Radio Station. It was actually the 5th one in a row that they had done. As Buffy stopped for pedestrians carrying bags of presents and rolls of wrapping paper, the station broke to commercial.

“Alright folks, that was the 12 Pains of Christmas. I’d also like to remind you all that our annual UCSD Radio Christmas Carol Competition is coming up on Christmas Eve. We still have plenty of spots open so to sign up call us here at 555-UCSD. The winners will attend our New Year’s Eve Party with some of your favourite bands, as well as receive a shiny plaque. And up next we’ll have some more fun Christmas songs after the break.”

Buffy picked up her cell phone and started dialling….

The next Sunday night, the gang sits around the kitchen table playing a game of Life while listening to the radio.

“We have all spots filled for C3-05, but don’t forget to come out and watch them on Main Street, Christmas Eve at 7 p.m.” came from the speakers.

“Oh that reminds me, we are competing in that!” Buffy commented.

“Competing? Competing in what?” Xander asked.

“The Christmas Carol Competition. I signed us up.”

“You w-w-what!?!?” Tara stuttered, her first in a long while.

“We can’t do that. No singing. We can’t sing in front of people. I can’t sing in front of people… Oh dear…. Oh dear….” Willow ranted.

“Look it will be fine. See we have Tara to sing, and she’s great so we are sure to win!” Buffy pointed out.

“No… No… No…” Tara began chanting quietly and shaking her head.

“Come on we have to do it. I already signed us up.”

“I think it sounds like a great idea. Besides it will be fun, we don’t even have to win.” Xander breaks out loudly and poorly into Jingle Bells.

“Well if you sing like that we won’t.” said Dawn.

“Maybe if we practiced...” Buffy said.

“It is next Sunday, our schedules hardly ever fit together, which is why we always spend Sunday evenings together. We won’t have time to practice!”

“Please Tara, you are a good singer. We can do this.”

After about an hour of begging a deal had been made.

“Okay, if you teach Willow how to wrap presents…. Then yes I’ll do it.”

“Wait how is this a deal for me, I have to start wrapping presents myself and I have to sing in front of people?” Willow wondered out loud as they all dispersed.

Many people were gathered on Main Street, bundled in their scarves and caps, a few of them cradling cups of hot cocoa. The gang was there as well, Xander and Buffy bouncing around excited and the others showing signs of nerves.

They were there early, as Buffy wanted to check out the competition. Her eyes were on the crowd as the others huddled.

“What if I forget the words? What if I freeze? Wait, what are we singing again?” Willow asked.

“Little drummer Boy.” Said Buffy.

“I thought we were supporting Tara while she sang Silent Night?” said Xander.

“No, over there is a Little Drummer Boy… He appears to be lost.” Said Buffy.

“Aww… isn’t he cute. He’s wearing a kilt.” said Dawn.

“He looks like he’s about to cry.” Xander commented.

Tara was on automatic, as she walked towards the small lost child, the others shortly behind her.

“Hey there sweetie. Are you lost?” She asked as she squatted down to get a better look.

“Yes.” The boy sniffled.

“Are you here for the competition?” asked Tara.

“Yes.” he sniffled again.

“And you can’t find your group?” asked Tara.

“Yes.”

Buffy was still looking around the crowd, but this time for someone who might be with the boy. Then she spotted them. Eleven men, in kilts carrying drums, were wandering through crowd, all of them in search of something.

Buffy walked up to Tara and the boy. “I think I found them.” she said as she pointed to the group.

“Tommy!” one of them men shouted as he ran towards them and scooped Tommy up in his arms.

“Thank goodness. Tommy, you need to be more careful and keep up with Daddy okay.” said another man.

“I’m sorry Daddy, I sawed the trains in the window of the shop, and when I looked up you’s was gone.”

“It is okay sweetie,” said the man holding Tommy, “Daddy and I should have been keeping better track of you.” He also gave a quick glare to the other man. “Anyways, thank you for helping him out. We really appreciate it.”

“No problem.” said Tara.

“Anything for Family.” Willow whispered in her ear.

“Uh… So what is with the dresses?” Asked Xander, before the men could leave.

“They are kilts actually. We are in full Scottish Highland Dress.”

“Ugh, you don’t have any bagpipes with you, do you?” Xander said, while making a face.

“Oh no, we are the 12 Drummers actually. Last year the pipes didn’t go over so well, but there were 11 of us.”

“Oh, well good luck out there.”

“You guys are competing too?”

“Yeah.”

“Okay, well, Thanks…. And good luck to you too.”

The crowded headed towards the stage as the emcee was getting ready to introduce the winners. Willow and Tara were cuddled close, more out of it being natural than from it being cold.

“I think I know what I want for Christmas.” Willow whispered in Tara’s ear.

“What?”

“When can we get a little drummer boy of our own?”

“How about a little drummer girl?”

“I don’t care, as long as she can sing like her mother.”

Later that evening, they headed back to Willow and Tara’s house. In the dinning room Tara was listening to the rucus going on in the living room.

“No, you fold it over, and carefully put a small piece of tape there.”

“But won’t it be easier to...”

”NO. Just do it like I showed you.”

“This is too hard.”

Tara shook her head and smiled, and continued shining the 1st place plaque before she placed it on the mantle piece.

[center]THE END[/center]

Merry Christmas Everyone! Thank you fellow writers, and Thank you readers, for this wonderful holiday experience!

PostPosted: Sun Dec 25, 2005 12:19 am 
6. Sassy Eggs

Kudos to all the authors in this wonderful Christmas gift for the readers on this board. I don't know how you found the time - somedays I couldn't find the time to log on to read the latest offering, and the writing bit, well that's hard work! :flower
I would like to think that I'll find time to write fb for each day, but in case I don't, please know all of you that I enjoyed both the concept and each story. I think you've started something that could turn into a fine tradition (please?). :-D
Thanks again, and wishing you all a very Happy Christmas (what's left of it) and may the New Year bring peace and happiness. :)
Anne

Every path has its puddle. Old English Saying... I think I just stepped in mine...

PostPosted: Mon Dec 26, 2005 9:53 am 
14. Lesbo Street Cred

Topics: 1
What a fantastic team effort!! I had so much fun and can’t wait to do this again. Now for feedback.

Sally

That was a great start to the series. This may sound strange, but I felt that Candle was the perfect story for the holiday season because of how realistic it was, of a relationship that had sadly deteriorated and in desperate need of holiday cheer. It could happen to any two people -- careers, family, health and all sorts of grown-up issues sneak up on us and make us uncommunicative fools. Kudos for daring to tackle this topic.

What you did so well was to show that it was the small annoyances that built up slowly over time, rather than anything big, that soon steered the relationship towards the rocks. Convos like
Quote:
"Of course," Tara said, projecting enthusiasm into her voice. "It's just...that it's so far away from here. From everyone."

"Oh, baby, I know. But we'll be together, and we'll have each other."

Note the bold text, because it isn’t enough to say, “we’ll be together forever and our love will conquer everything and anything that comes our way. Isn’t love grand?” Anyone expecting a relationship to be all sweetness and light forever is living in cloud cuckoo land. I’d venture to say that anyone who’s been in a relationship (like Car says, not just couples. Lovers, family, friends, even co-workers and fellow TAR contestants) will probably have experienced the same type of drifting apart that you’ve depicted here.

I’m so glad that they recognized that they had a problem and were willing to discuss it. Despite their problems, that they loved each other was very clear.
Quote:
love wasn't just an emotion - it was an action

So true. Never has “show, don’t tell” been more important. I also like it that they knew they had to talk about things, but not all at once.

You could have slipped into the land of the bad metaphors, with the warmth of the cottage vs freezing cold of their hearts, the wayward tree branch growth and even the partridge as symbol of hope. But what can I say? Your writing was beautifully restrained: the metaphors were there, but never anvillicious. It’s a difficult balance to achieve and you did it with flair. The tentative making up at the end, again done just right. A catalyst, a little frivolity, regaining intimacy, rekindling the flame. Yep, a perfect opener for the series.

Cyd

My first reaction after finishing Specialfriends was, should I say, a tad inappropriate? There I was, at my desk with 2 laptops and tears of laughter streaking down my face and stomach hurting from giggling so much and I thought to myself, “marriage proposal.”

Okay, I better explain before mrs watty-boss (aka watty’s boss) gets wind of this. Marriage proposals are fairly common in the TWoP community in response to outstanding work / comments and you know I am (or was, until my company banned the forums) a twop-geek. And yes, your stories are definitely enough to make people fall hopelessly in love with you, in a strictly platonic and writer-reader interaction way of course. :P

I should be serious and do feedback properly. Except, Cyd-dear, it’s impossible to be serious after reading this. There is not a single sentence, phrase … no, word … that wasn’t hilarious, clever, enjoyable, crazy, snigger-worthy and a whole slew of words that are lost to me. In case that’s not clear (again), I’m saying that I laughed so much I’m pretty incoherent.

I agree with the general consensus that to quote a memorable line from this story is tantamount to quoting every single word. But I'll try.

Quote:
She had to admit 99% of the time it was good her partner was such a sex fiend. It was that other 1% that drove Willow crazy with frustration.

:lmao Laugh away, you knew I’d pick out the line with percentages didn’t you?

p.s. I salvaged enough seriousness to grasp a rare watty-boss moment. I do too remember you were the first one to finish (unexpected, yeah) and I can’t remember if I congratulated you on that. Please take this as official recognition for being the First Completed Fruitcake. Teehee.

Debra

You know, Elvis, you should write more G-rated fics, cos this one was absolutely, delightfully full of the sweetest sweetiness. Well, you should write more R fics too. And how about an update to Please? Heck, just write! Anything!

Anyway, I’m flying off on a tangent again. What can I say, I’m still jetlagged. Of course I love young Willow and young Tara, so full of innocence and the sort of closeness you only achieve with someone you get. And without the potential UST (and accompanying angst) of a romantic relationship. Yet. Because the signs are there.
Quote:
Sometimes when the three girls were hanging out in the library, she would notice Tara smiling and find herself staring. She didn’t think that Tara ever noticed because that would be really weird. But it was engaging. Especially good were the times that Willow knew the smile appeared because of something she said or did. At the end of the day when Willow wrote her day’s impressions in her online journal, a half-smile was always good for at least a point on the five-point scale the redhead used to rate a day.

No, I won’t be surprised that by age 16 or 17 they’d be a couple and married by age 19. :)

The kids’ characters were already coming through.
Quote:
”I mean detention in a library? Who wouldn’t like that?”

Willow reading through the library. :lol.
Quote:
Tara grabbed one of the many pillows on the floor and lay down next to her friend, giving her a pat on the hand. “Yes, Willow. We’re happy to be friends too.”

Tara’s gentleness and tendency toward shyness. Love your Faith too. That’s how I imagine she’d be if she had more friends at school. The toughness and ‘tude and family woes were still there, but her heart was in the right place. Partially like the Rosenbergs, being so understanding filling in the gaps in the lives of Tara and Faith. Even though they still seemed to be out of Willow’s life too often. Giles too, freed of the watcherdom that we often see him, he was a nurturing figure in his cameo here.

Most of all, I love the bedtime scene. Can I say, “so sweet!” again?

justin

Sneakily funny. That’s how I feel about this story. Can’t explain why exactly. Perhaps it’s cos Cyd said it first. Or because I could be reading a paragraph and suddenly the clever humour dawns on me cos you hid it so well behind normal looking narrative or dialogue.

Quote:
Later that evening everyone gathered at Buffy's house. They were sitting round the living, waiting in breathless anticipation waiting for Buffy to explain the procedure. Xander and Anya were kissing under a piece of mistletoe which had mysteriously appeared. Tara and Dawn were thumb wrestling. Giles was cleaning his glasses, Willow was checking her text messages and Faith was looking through a motoring manual.

:lol everyone is doing something typical of who they are, it fits so well.

I like the parallel convos between B/F and W/T; and how Willow and Faith think the same thoughts about each other. It’s neat. Like several people have pointed out already, really loved the lightbulb moment. That is sneakily funny.

Quote:
They stood in silence a while till Faith said, "Are we bonding?"

Willow shrugged. "Looks that way."

"Do we have to hug?"

"I don't think we're that far along yet. I think we're still at the friendly handshake stage."

Deadpan humour is sneakily funny too.

One question.
Quote:
"We've got Goddess knows how many computers between us and she's drawing names out of a hat."

Ahem. Is that a commentary about the assignment methodology for this little project of ours? *harrumphs and cleans glasses* I spotted the other shout-outs too. Like the time travelling mail box. Heehee. How cool. Like you said, wondering where that idea come from. *whistles innocently*

One thing I want to mention, and it’s prevalent throughout the entire series, is how unobtrusive the required elements are. Time and time again in all the fic challenges we’ve had, the hallmark of great writing against fixed criteria is to smoothly incorporate odd elements into a story.

Second thing is, by chance or by design (I’m thinking the former), we started the series with fics that are absolutely diverse. Yet the common theme is there, and that’s what make them so enjoyable.

I would have liked to have been around during the 12 days so that I could experience in real time each fic being posted, and to leave individual fb right away. Ah well, c’est la vie. It doesn’t take away my enjoyment and excitement at reading these stories though.

*Skipps off to read days 5-8.*
[br]

PostPosted: Tue Dec 27, 2005 7:46 am 
14. Lesbo Street Cred

Feedback, continued.

Cam

What a treat! Excellent misdirection my friend, you truly had me believing that Willow was Red (or the daughter of Red or something like that) and was about to be propositioned by a scaldingly hot Tara. Should have picked up (no pun intended) on:
Quote:
Tara let her hand graze lazily over the right front fender, the smooth metal hot under her fingertips

and
Quote:
Willow’s fingers paused over the keyboard as the blonde came into view. Expecting her to approach the office, Willow frowned slightly when the woman instead walked over to the pickup parked out front, sat down, and closed her eyes.

The “Red” who runs this type of service station wouldn’t be tapping on a keyboard in the office. But I soon got so engrossed at their mutual watching / drooling / baiting that I forgot these logical clues that you planted for us. Good job, cos who wants to be logical when the air was so full of heavy sexual innuendos? That entire exchange about the stuttering engine needing to be fixed was so darned hot! I mean, who hasn’t had a fantasy of a sweaty, tank-top clad Tara saying to them:
Quote:
“Maybe I just need to be jumped.”

:drool The moment when Willow dismisses decimal points and numbers is a sure sign that her mind has gone completely elsewhere (you know, like Tara’s breasts? :P).

I’m wondering how the real Red appeared to be so oblivious to the obvious hot lesbian loving going on. I mean they must have been flushed and panting with the … (*stopping before my imagination gets derailed*). Then again, Mr Morris seems to be a kindly elder gentleman and he’s probably too polite to say anything, or he lets on less than he knows. Now, if it’d been Anya … :devil

Talking of evilness, so sweet of Willow to buy the truck for Tara. That was priceless, and I can just imagine how Tara would thank Willow, once they get back home. Oh wow, what about thanking Willow in the newly acquired red pickup? I’m drooling again …

Great stuff, oh Mistress of uber funnies!

Emmy

Last thing I want to do is to start comparing the 12 stories and saying which one is the “funniest”, “sweetest”, “most epic” etc etc. But I will, just this once, because I feel that Winter Harvest is the most powerful of the stories. I think the others in the group won’t mind me saying that. You continued with the themes you painted in Sunflowers so well. Detailed and realistic descriptions are what we expect from you and you certainly didn’t disappoint. I have come to the conclusion that it’s your artist’s eye that makes your writing so pleasurable to read. It is almost like looking at a painting.

Nice to see that even though they’ve been together that number of years, they still can’t stand prolonged separation. Sometimes a relationship fades when you spend too much time apart; or you develop habits that are not couple-y; or you get out of sync. Sigh, I’ll stop projecting now.

This Sunflowerverse Tara is one who, as she admits to herself, can be clingy. She seems to need the reassurance of her family. Perhaps it’s her history with her father, her brother running away, but it also manifests in her need to gain Sheila’s approval. But I like seeing these insecurities evaporate when she thought of Willow and Willow wearing a cardigan that held meaning for them.
Quote:
It was at that moment that Tara's heart began to swell with so much love for Willow that she was afraid it would burst under all the pressure. And at the same time she let all her fears about her father, brother and mother-in-law evaporate inside the cleansing power of her love for Willow.

I said in fb for Sally that I don’t believe that love alone conquers all. What you have shown us, is love and communication and working on the relationship – those combine to make the relationship work.

I’m not the most emotional person when it comes to reading fanfic (only a tiny handful of fics have ever made me cry) but when it became clear that it was Tara’s dad haunting her, a very noticeable tingle crept up my spine. If I were Tara, being alone in the farm, with a
Quote:
strange sense of not being alone that permeated every waking moment

I’d freak out. And the way you used smell, as opposed to sound or sighting, to suggest an otherworldly presence, that was so inspired. Smell is more subjective, but it’s also something we cannot avoid. We can close our eyes, use earplugs but smell is beyond our control. I am very happy that Tara’s dad made the redemption effort even in death.
Quote:
Tara vaguely wondered if the six live geese in her barn had been some kind of sign from her father

It’s too much of a co-incidence for it not to be.

Oh, Shylee. Love how you smoothly added her in. No need to introduce her, she is such a part of their lives that it’s natural for her to be included. No backstory, but we don’t need it, not at this point. In a way, I’m not surprised she can see her grandpa and Santa, children are more sensitive than us after all.

I’m not going to say anything about Sheila. That presumptuous, thoughtless [*insert description that combines bitch, poophead, unwelcome stupid person*] …. PINHEAD.

Chris

Right off the bat, I lurved it.
Quote:
Summary: "Captain's Log, Stardate 53988.1: We're being pestered by Ferengi, and I'm in love with Tara."

How super, Super, SUPER sweet!!! Readers of this story will be either Trekkers or non-Trekkers (duh, watty). But I finished it and my overwhelming reaction was … it didn’t matter. The background elements were there – the Palomino, the verse, the required elements – but ultimately, it was about the crew being pestered by unwelcome visitors, and Willow being in love with Tara.

Given how you described it as a last minute effort, it didn’t feel like it one iota. The entire story flowed seamlessly from scene to scene; and from character to character. It didn’t take me long to be able to differentiate between the different personalities of the crew. Nite, Jem, Jack, Nurse … these names roll off my tongue (well okay, my keyboard) easily now.

I’m glad both W and T have close confidantes.
Quote:
"Evidently you haven't been doing so up until now. I'd stake a bar of gold-pressed latinum that the Captain is very interested in you."

Jack, aside from a figure to drool over, is a lot like Faith. Direct, no nonsense, a good foil for Tara.

Quote:
"There's a reason relationships between a captain and a crew member are discouraged," Willow countered wearily.

"Have you considered there's also a reason why they're not forbidden?" Nurse asked.

Oh how I love Nurse. I see her as the Fairy Godmother; her banter with Willow suggests that they really have built up a rapport, amazing considering she’s a hologram. And of course her “spell” with the mistletoe. Speaking of which
Quote:
"Positioning oneself beneath the herb indicates sexual consent?"
:lmao

And so to the gifts. Handcooked Christmas pud and ice cream, yums. Personal journal, very meaningful. Kissing under the mistletoe, so romantic. But my question is will Willow’s next gift to Tara be:
Quote:
"Myself, with a big bow wrapped around me,"

:rofl and will we get to read about it?

Great stuff. Including those Calandian carnivore bats and isodynamic field capacitors. 1 Adjective + 2 nouns works every time.

Car

Before I get to Day 8, just want to thank you for doing this with me. We never thought it’d grow to something so awesome when we started the whole “lets ask a bunch of writers if they want to do a collaboration” project. It’s been a hell of an adventure!

Anyway, I’m glad that you took the plunge and joined the writing ranks this time, even though you were nervous about it. Rest assured, AYCE is a smashingly wonderful story! You get the, what did I say, Awards for Most Detailed and Carefully Written and Most Shout-outs. So sorry I missed the second half of the creative process; HoMary – my sincerest thanks for stepping in, and at the last moment too.

Now then, feedback. And where shall I start? There’s so much of it!!!! I have to organize into different sub-headings. *deep breaths* here goes.

The Lovebirds

I’m with HoMary on this. Sweatpants, grungy sweater, disheveled hair. And Tara still gets turned on by her Willow. Wowza. Yes, they are
Quote:
Blissfully, deliriously hopelessly

in love. So great to see that even after 6 years the spark is still there. Perhaps slightly unrealistically, cos honestly, how many relationships can still keep up with the honeymoon / constant hunger / blind lust stage after 6 years? But like you will say to me, this is supposed to be a happy, fluffy, angst-free story. (btw, when are you gonna try your hand at angst? :P) I’m referencing Candle a lot, but here is obviously a Willow and a Tara who have worked to maintain their relationship and not let it slide. Willow is happy about Tara volunteering at the youth center despite her protestations about Tara staying home so they can have sex; and Tara knows Willow well enough to know that even with the prospect of an all-nighter AYCE Tara-buffet, Willow will want to finish debugging her program first. It’s not about compromise; it’s about deep understanding.

There are so many moments that exemplify their love, and I especially adore the constant teasing, innuendos and double entendres that dot their conversations during the day.
Quote:
“You don’t…have…to be…alone,” Tara hummed between kisses on any piece of exposed skin within her reach. Finishing – for the moment – with a quick bite on an accessible nipple, she looked at her flustered girlfriend and continued. “Come with me.”

Heehee. Snerk.

Plus the entire exchange, to create this amount of desire in the middle of a dozen screaming kids,
Quote:
“Kids are here.”

“I know.”

“I want you.”

“I want you too.”

“Not here.”

“I know.”

“Later.”

“Definitely.”

“I love you.”

“I love you too.”

So cleverly done. And yes, you’re soooo right (as usual), it doesn’t matter who says which line. I bet every reader hears a different version. And that is why it is one of the standout passages for me.

I also love the similar thoughts as they see each other with the kids. I want my relationship to be just like them, you’ve crafted two people so obviously in love, and with a positive future to look forward to. Brilliantly done.

The kids

Quote:
“Remember, Sweetie, you don’t have to play with the kids. You’re here for me, not for them.” Tara smiled at her girlfriend and gave her a quick wink. “Ready?”

Willow nodded and squeezed Tara’s hand. “Yep, I’m ready. They’re just kids. How bad can it be?”

There is such a “famous last words” quality about this. It didn’t prepare Willow for the Kiddie Stampede, or us either. :lmao

When I was in college, I volunteered at a youth centre every Saturday morning. I taught the same class of kids over a 5 year period. We were supposed to teach different classes, but somehow I managed to get myself “assigned” to the same group of kids every year. I watched them grow up. They are accountants and computer programmers now, but I still remember them when they were young. My point? To quote Willow,
Quote:
These kids are a riot.

And do I sense a theme? Let’s see:

Cam with a big crush on Miss Willow. And who gets the most lines! I especially got a bellyful of laughs out of
Quote:
“Are you gonna kiss?!”

and
Quote:
“I think you’re pretty. So, I wanted to put you on my cow.”

such a great pick up line. :lol

Sally, also with a crush on Miss Willow, who rescues Gabrielle and makes toast of all sorts of baddies. So full of energy, that one.

Emmy’s nurturing tendencies and whose art tells stories of two girls who are best friends and are always seen hand in hand.

‘Take no nonsense’ Debra who has a bestest friend Rachel and who is unfazed at the sight of scantily-clad women dancing and who in fact is the creative director / choreographer for their efforts.

Mammary mania Terra, who utters the immortal line:
Quote:
“Boobiesboobiesboobiesboobiesboobies.”

and who is going to marry Miss Tara one day.

Budding psycho-ologist Mary, whose crush is on Miss Faith and who almost pleads:
Quote:
“Oh yes! You can keep me, Miss Faith!”

Cyd, who is not only good with wood and Wonder Woman action figures but
Quote:
picked up the Giganta doll and unceremoniously tossed her aside, out of sight.

ooooh butch tendencies from Cyd-let! And I was under the impression that she’s mellow.

Am I right in saying this is a very, um, gay group of children? *squeals in delight* How awesome!

Not so sure of the preferences of VP of Networking “Yes. I borrowed my sister’s Barrel of Monkeys, but they don’t work.” Justin; or music expert Maru (btw, love her beta-ing of Terra’s cow); or Janna the botanical expert. Chris might seem the odd one out, with his action figures and crush on Miss Tara. But he redeems himself with his artwork and inspired usage of Lara Croft and Supergirl.

And finally we come to Watty the outstanding kid in the whole bunch.
Quote:
“Oh, what did I do now?” Harley mumbled under her breath.

Heehee, even Miss Harley trembles at the sight of those two frolicking duckies on her little cardigan. :lol
Quote:
“Oh, it’s not my real name. I don’t like my real name. I do think it’s quite silly.”

Oh my god. Dude.

Excellent. Excellent. You made the kids virtually central characters in this story and they are a pleasure to read. I will be the first in line to read any further adventures involving Pirate Cam, Amazon Sally and all the other kids. Wonderful. :clap

The other adults

You really did a good job in a) mix’n’matching the other adults and b) capturing their voices. From the
Quote:
“Quirk? Quirk! Huh! Just because someone wants a little of her own personal space, she suddenly has a ‘quirk’. Well, that’s just peachy!”

screech of ‘Own OCD Category’ Kathy (btw Just Peachy is Miss Alli’s nickname for Jeff Probst, the host for Survivor, and here endeth the trivia lesson for today) to Glory’s
Quote:
she’s sassy

they give an extra dimension to the story but without taking the limelight away from the lovebirds or the kids.

Especially love Faith
Quote:
”I especially like that Mary kid. Gotta appreciate anyone who thinks I have a great rack.”

The image of 12 kids dog piled on her will stay with me for a while.

And Oh.My.God. Xander and Dru?? Buffy and Parker?? *snickers* :devil

Very provocative and evocative number the 8 maids-a-milking put on. Love the description of the costumes, I could picture them very clearly. Well, it helps that I’ve seen a rough sketch, but even without that drawing, you made the whole sequence come to life.

And not forgetting how well you wrote yourself. It’s not easy to do, write a larger than life version of yourself and not end up sounding contrite or silly. My favorite Harleyism:
Quote:
Suddenly – and with very little grace – a body that decidedly did not belong to a child flopped onto the floor beside Tara. “I want my mommy.”

This is a beautiful, funny, loving, sweet and 100% angst-free story. Perfect candy for the season. Thanks for taking up the challenge, you delivered 3000%!
[br]

PostPosted: Tue Dec 27, 2005 10:35 am 
10. Troll Hammer

Hey Kittens--I've missed seeing this on a daily basis! I'll be doing the fb in batches, if that's OK. (Mary looks around, sees nothing but her cats and they're not talking. Proceeds with plan.)

Terra: Oh I just cracked up at the initial conversation. Nice bait and switch and I know that's not the right phrase but you know what I mean. I think the word "prancing" may be one of my very favorite, by the way...I'm just ever so glad that it wasn't Willow making the mess in the bed.

I love how Tara thinks she has Willow fooled...and she absolutely doesn't. Yeah, Will's into her lists but she also knows what's afoot. And the image of Willow smacking the dildo on the side table was a riot. Not so much for the timber, indeed!

And finally the very sweet and very truthfull assessment that toys may be nice but Willow has all the equipment that Tara really needs...Such a good ending. Thanks so much for this story, Terra. Now--someone should probably check on the kitten...

Mary

PostPosted: Tue Dec 27, 2005 11:37 am 
19. Yummy Face

Terra,

This was just a delight. Willow's eagerness to have Tara open her present -- makes me wonder if the present wasn't more for Willow than for Tara. :lol I can clearly picture Willow's frustration with the Eager Beaver. The image of her banging it against the night stand made me chuckle...and it will continue to make me chuckle for quite some time. It seems like such a Willow thing to do. And Tara's reaction is so appropriate for her. She doesn't freak out, she doesn't admonish Willow. Instead, she is amused at the sight before her. If that isn't love, I don't know what is.

Great stuff, T...short, sweet and to the point. Well done!

Carleen

Frivolous Views

PostPosted: Tue Dec 27, 2005 7:42 pm 
19. Yummy Face

watty-boss,

Well, well, well. I thought you said you couldn't write smut anymore. And here you are, the Fruitcake with the smuttiest story. Will wonders never cease?

The thing I really like about this story is that, as others have said, so much love and adoration is infused throughout the 'smutty play.' You've made it very clear, with each scene, that's it's about more than the sex. They aren't just horny...they are horny for each other and each other alone. It's not about the release, it's about the connection. Lust, want, desire, love, need...and so many other emotions...are all wrapped up with each other. It's difficult, if not impossible, to see where one ends and the next begins. That's such a beautiful thing.

I believe it was Cyd who mentioned how easy it is to make the sex scenes seem repetitive or stagnant (and if that wasn't Cyd, then I apologize to the person to whom I've not given proper credit). It's true, you have avoided this particular writing hazzard. Each location, position, action is fresh. Very nicely done.

Overall, my dear friend, this is just a wonderful tale. I think it would be interesting for you to continue this as a series...whenever your smutty muse knocks on the door of your brain. I know it's a series I'd like to read.

Thank you for sharing this with us.

Carleen

Frivolous Views

Last edited by GayNow on Wed Dec 28, 2005 11:46 am, edited 1 time in total.

PostPosted: Tue Dec 27, 2005 8:36 pm 
10. Troll Hammer

My Dearest Watty: I, hoMary, do hereby dub thee 'hoWatty,' with all smutilicious rights and responsibilities appertaining thereunto. Ya big perv.

My oh my and a side order of semi-colons, what a delightful, delectable story! As others have mentioned, what comes (as it were) through isn't just the wonderful smut, but the eroticism of it all, an element based in their abiding connection. Yes, first-time, chemistry-enhanced sex can be incredible, but taking risks with someone who knows and loves you? That's just a whole 'nother level of connection and heat. Sigh...

So many exquisite moments here, Watty. Let me trot out a few:

Quote:
She had shaken her hair out in a cascade and the tips of her fine blonde hair teased and brushed against Willow's sensitive skin.
(hoMary fondly remembers a long-haired ex. Sighs, then remembers why they broke up. But still fondly remembers the sex.)

Quote:
"Hmm, my mathematical genius not knowing her basic numbers? I’ll have to demonstrate,” Tara took a deep breath of Willow’s fragrance and proceeded to trace a sequence of numbers along the incoherent redhead’s sex.
Well now I know why you're so obsessed with numbers!! Hell, if I'd had that kind of experience, maybe I'd have done better in algebra.

Quote:
Is she cute or anal? I wouldn’t have her any other way.
I love this b/c, joking aside, I think it's one of the essential elements of love: those quirks that you find endearing that on someone else might drive you bat-shit. (And in the difficult times, they drive you bat-shit on your lover, admittedly.) Someone not so well suited to Willow might find it annoying, or excessive, or--yes--anal. But Tara sees it as part of Willow, a piece of the mosaic that makes her who she is. And Tara adores that person.

Quote:
Buffy kept her eyes glued to the control panel of the VCR, trying to work out how to set the program, and to stop herself from staring at her best friend smooching her girlfriend.
Hmm...I see I'm not the only one who wonders if Buffy ever has...thoughts.

Quote:
Ack, ever since Colin MacDougall was put down by the gout, the Old Boys are never the same,” an elderly gentleman at their next table leaned over to explain.
I'm not quite sure why this sent me into the attic of delighted laughter, but it did. There's just something so timeless and wistful about it...Sorta like the heavy sigh I give when my favorite player blows a knee and is out for the season--but poor MacDougal was put down by the gout. (Could be the Celt in me...)

So, my dear Watson--what can I say? I loved this story, and I'm so glad that you shared it with us. Thanks again, too, for all your incredible effort in this whole venture. You may boss me any day, and I will gladly submit. (?!?)

Mary

PostPosted: Tue Dec 27, 2005 9:18 pm 
21. Geek Infested Roots

I said earlier that I would leave my feedback when the series was over. And although I haven't had a chance to read the last one yet, I've decided to leave feedback for the ones I've read thus far.

Sally: I started reading this fic excepting not to like it. Not to fault you on your writing, it's just that I don't particularly like fics that showcase Willow and Tara in a lot of angst. Of course, I should have known that by the end, there would have been a whole lot of going on, so I enjoyed it.

hermitfish: Oh. My. Fucking. God. It's funny. I watch "Justice League" a couple of times, and even had the opportunity to watch the old "Superfriends" cartoon when it was on. And now I can never watch either of them again without thinking of the Hall of Rampant Homosexuality, Cowboy Guy, Overt Sexuality Gal, The Cave of Non-Stop Sapphic Monkey Love, Wonder Lesbians, Botzilla and the rest. I was also on the bus when I read this, and had to try really hard not to wet myself.

JustSkipIt: I've read "Please", and so I was expecting some kind of NC-17 smutty story from you. And in a rare occurence, I was pleasantly surprised that I had gotten my hopes up. Like Sally, you managed to put on a tale that had so much angst and tension in it that it make the eventual all the more worthwile to get to. I especially liked the use of the flashback scenes, and found myself particularly moved by them.

justin: I gotta admit. When I started reading this, I was picturing some big conflict with Willow and Faith. I mean, I don't like to see Willow in danger (I still can't bring myself to watch "Same Time, Same Place"), and I was expecting to see a big thing where it would all go wrong. But I'm glad that everything managed to work out for Willow and Faith in the end.

tarawhipped: I got a chuckle when I read this. I had recently read "How to Get Ahead In Bed Mending", and found it to be a good take on mechanical minded smut. And now that I've read this, I gotta say that the bar has really been raised. And like I said before, nice allusion to "Gold". I bet Chris got a chuckle out of it. I certainly did.

Miss Kittys Ball O Yarn: I can really lump this in the same category that I put Sally and justin's fics. Angsty to the point of , yet with an ending that just can't make me sad. And of course, I had to go print "Catching Sunflowers in Bloom" to catch up, and found it much the same. Thanks for exposing me to one of my top ten W/T fics.

Chris: I gotta admit two things here. As a fan of your previous works ("Smut Bunnies" in particular), I was expecting a far different sort of fic to come from you. And certainly nothing like what you ended up doing. And although I enjoyed it a lot, I think my enjoyment stemmed more from the fact that (as it so happened), I had watched both "Star Trek: Generations" and "Star Trek: First Contact" the previous day, so I was "in the mood" for a Trekkie fic. Good job.

GayNow: There were a couple of things I enjoyed about this fic, but most of all was the "inclusion" of several members of the Kitten Board in the fic (Justin, Chris, Cam, Emms, etc). And also, Cave-Willow = . Now all we need is a fic with Cave-Willow and Take Charge Tara...[/Hint]

AntigoneUnbound: No really much I can add that hasn't already been said by other people, although...

AntigoneUnbound wrote:
"Politics--you know, how Bush has been such an irretrievable asshat, especially for minorities and poor people," Willow replied around her yawn. "And how upset he makes you."

Tara gave a shudder of pure loathing. "That he most certainly does." She paused, then turned to her mate. "Say--isn't he coming to San Diego next week?"

Willow gazed back at her, eyes wide and innocent. "Is he? I guess he is." And then she reached out to her mate's hand. "Merry Christmas, sweetheart."

I'm not exactly a big fan of the "irretrievable asshat" myself, especially his stance on same sex marriage, for obvious reasons. And I wouldn't exactly mind seeing Willow go all scary veiny and try to take him out.

Hint hint...

AntigoneUnbound wrote:
2) The preceding is meant to state quite clearly that the author would like to see the President of the United States torn apart by a wild beast.

Amen to that, brother.

terra21: I found this fic to be particularly funny, since I could just imagine this situation happening in any other fic. Of course, in any other fic, it would probably lead to a mad capped adventure to find batteries to get the damn thing working. (Hmm...do I smell a sequel?)

watson: If there's one thing I liked about this fic, it was the fact that it confirms that sappy, smutty W/T can happen anywhere. Every country can stand to see a little W/T

Last edited by SithLordWiccan on Mon Jul 16, 2012 8:13 am, edited 1 time in total.

PostPosted: Tue Dec 27, 2005 9:42 pm 
17. Mega-Witches

Batteries Not Included?: terra, the beginning with the discussion about her not covering it up and the middle of the bed was soooooo funny! I love misdirection. Poor Miss Kitty - from what I know about cats, if she's pooing in random places that means she's probably sick. Poor thing. Although being sick for years, I dunno... Anyway, I think it's just so perfect that this is a holiday vignette that includes a gift and good old-fashioned toy-lovin' - it's a timeless classic. And it was hilarious how Tara thought she was pulling one over on Willow with the To-Do lists, but Willow was on to her all along.

And HEE HEE! How much did I love it that Tara left Willow in the middle of foreplay to go to the bathroom? First, it was funny, and second, it was that touch of realism that makes fan fiction really good. This was a joy and a delight to read. And I definitely think they should include batteries with sex toys. I mean, really. Heh! Great job.

[hr]

Highland Fling: watty, I just have to start out by saying BATHROOM SEX! BATHROOM SEX! BATHROOM SEX!

Okay, now I've gotten that out of my system. Whew.

Those airplane blankets are the worst, aren't they? The material is very thin, so they're not very warm, and they're VERY static-y and clingy. I hate them. Plus I think the airlines don't wash them and other people have used them. Ick. Anyway, despite that the airplane sex was hot. Very daring, they are, those two.

I think that Morag Livingstone and Georgianna McMunn should get together for tea sometime. I do love the whole Scotland part of the story - I think it's neat that Tara wanted to research some stuff about her ancestry.

The thing about this story is that the girls are clearly very much in love with each other and are very into expressing it physically, and it's inspiring, I have to say. They know each other's bodies so well and they know what each other likes, but it definitely isn't stale between them - they take as much joy in what they do and how they do it, with so much love, that it doesn't seem at all stale. And yet they have so much comfort and familiarity that Willow hilariously says "Last one there calls the shots!" I chortled at that line muchly.

And finally, I have to say that I am so impressed with your frequent and correct usage of the semicolon. Dare I say it? I dare. You are a proficient punctuationer. A semicolon specialist.
[hr]

UCSD Radio Presents: Christmas Carol Competition 2005: Janna, thank you for wrapping up (pun intended) this series with a sweet story! How funny that Buffy entered them into a competition without telling them - just like her. And very cute how Willow mentioned to Tara that she wanted a little drummer boy (or girl) - awwwwwwwww. I also liked the nice touch in the beginning about the combination coffee pot/CD player/clock radio that Willow insisted on buying. Thanks for sharing this with us!

Last edited by FineyMcFine on Tue Dec 27, 2005 10:14 pm, edited 1 time in total.

PostPosted: Tue Dec 27, 2005 10:08 pm 
19. Yummy Face

Janna,

Thank you so much for sharing this story with us. I know how difficult it is to write a story when you have all the time in the world, but you went above and beyond to put in the effort here. I know you're life has been beyond busy the last few months.

This is a sweet contribution to the series. I like the way you incorporated your elements AND mentioned "The 12 Pains of Christmas." Next to "Grandma Got Run Over By a Reindeer," it's just about the best goofy Christmas song there is.

Willow asking Tara when they could get a Little Drummer Boy of their own was just precious. You did a nice job of keeping the love between our favorite girls very clear throughout the story. Well done.

Again, thank you so much for being a part of this project.

Carleen

Frivolous Views

PostPosted: Tue Dec 27, 2005 11:37 pm 
30. Sweaty and Kinda Gay

Okay, I'm trying to get caught up, here.

Chris~ that as just so Star Trek'ee....I loved it! I'm not really a big fan of Star Trek on the whole but I found your story to be delightful... I'm sure my mom would have been able to fully appreciate it though ( it gives me shivers ((in the disturbing way...not the good way)) to think of my mom reading a lesbian story :lol )

I always find your stories amazing...you have a great ability to immerse the reader in whatever genre you're crafting.

The "twelve days of Christmas; Star Trek style was hilarious! I could visualize that scene so well. :lol even though I had no Idea what half of their song was about. :lol But I could tell it was funny. :lol

Great job, Chris!

Carleen~ refer to below post.

Quote:
Okay, so this is totally out of order...but I need some answers here...well...one answer anyway.

Carleen!!?? Clem is my father????!!! What?!! Clem can't be my father...he's wrinkled...and...and SCARY...in a comical sort of way....but really, CLEM?? Come on girly!!

and if clem's my father...who's my mother? <-------this dude?

xoxo
Emms

Well? :happy :lol

PostPosted: Tue Dec 27, 2005 11:39 pm 
19. Yummy Face

*sigh* Emmy....look past the physical, sweetie. This is AU, not canon. Clem isn't all wrinkly in my world. He's little Emmy's father because they both have such kind-hearted dispositions. What, would you rather have ADAM as your father? Now there's a caring guy. :lmao

Now....is that all the feedback I'm getting from you? ;)

Frivolous Views

PostPosted: Wed Dec 28, 2005 3:31 am 
18. Breast Gal

Topics: 4
Further catching up:

Terra: Miss Kitty's being a naughty kitty? Maybe she heard that Willow and Tara have fun when one of them is a 'naughty kitten' and misunderstood... :lol I love Tara suckering Willow, and being busted later on, it's so cute - especially how you wrote it, with the one-word thoughts dropped between paragraphs, that was definitely the text-y equivalent of great comic timing. And Tara watching Willow commit frustrated dildo abuse was hilarious :lmao Nasty Lords a-leaping - how could you not include batteries with that?

Watty: Man... (or woman, rather, but a single syllable just works better for exclamations like that, and 'girl' sounds kind of condescending) By the time I got to the end, I was totally up for another two weeks of Willow and Tara holiday goodness. I love how you wove together two elements that really delighted me - the Lovebirds being completely into each other (often!), and never missing a chance to share a moment, whether it was making out while cooped up in airplane seats, or just enjoying a bath together, sans making out but still very much about physical closeness. And, at the same time, the fun of going on holiday, being in a different place where they do things differently, and being a part of it. Having had the same experience (the holiday part, not the making out) I'm very much in favour of Willow's decision to avoid a hotel chain in favour of a B&B - I've only been in the England variety, but I'm sure (and your descriptions suggested) they're just as enchanting in Scotland.

I love the guest appearance of the pipers too - ah, bagpipes, gotta love 'em: musical instrument and psychological warfare in one eccentric package.

Janna: I mentioned before, didn't I, that I'm a sucker for Tara singing? :x I love how you wrote her shyness about it, she's so adorable. Buffy's enthusiasm, and her corresponding lack of self-control, was cute too, signing them up for the carols like that. And as someone who struggles with wrapping presents (I manage, but only after some fierce battles with paper and sticky tape) I totally understand Willow's consternation :) Neat cameo from Watty's pipers, too :D

PostPosted: Wed Dec 28, 2005 5:23 am 
23. Volumey Text

Janna: This was a great story to close the series with.

I liked Buffy signing them up for the competition without asking any of the others. I also liked Tara agreeing to do it in exchange for Buffy teaching Willow how to wrap presents. Though Willow's right, what did she get out of the deal.

:lol at the ending.

PostPosted: Wed Dec 28, 2005 6:27 am 
7. Teeny Tinkerbell Light

Hi Janna...sorry for the delay on my feedback. Buffy cracked me up...I can just imagine the looks on W/T’s faces as Buffy mentioned the contest in an almost aside and didn't even realize she had done anything presumptuous like signing them up without asking.

Also enjoyed this line:

Quote:
“Wait how is this a deal for me, I have to start wrapping presents myself and I have to sing in front of people?” Willow wondered out loud as they all dispersed.

Heehee...poor Willow. Thanks for this.

~Cyd

PostPosted: Wed Dec 28, 2005 9:24 am 
10. Troll Hammer

Hey Janna--What a cool story! I loved the image of Buffy stumbling upon Tara singing in the kitchen. "Even the stars held their breath," and I can imagine they would...

That was also a nice shout-out (I think that's what it was!) to Watty's compromised bag-pipe group. I suspect they'll be a little more melodious with their full complement.

The lost drummer boy was a cute touch, but not done too cutely, if you know what I mean. What I mean is: it didn't give me diabetes. So, nice understatement!

Thank you for putting the finishing touches on this little (!?!) endeavor. (Sally already used the "wrapping up" pun.) And again, RKT'ers--it was a joy; brought peace to my earth to hear such heralded angels sing their stories.

Mary

PostPosted: Wed Dec 28, 2005 11:53 am 
7. Teeny Tinkerbell Light

I must say I've loved this series. Each story has been so great it's really hard to pick a favorite.Kudos to all the authors. However the one that I have had the most fun with so far is " Not so private dancers" it was Excellent! I laughed so much my brother thought I'd gone insane. This collaborartive effort under one theme is a great idea. These stories have been the perfect excuse to relax in between the hectic holiday preparations. Again, congrats to all the great kitten writers and a big whopping thank you. :applause :clap :flower :flower :flower :flower :flower :flower :flower :flower :flower :flower :flower

Emily Dickinson

PostPosted: Wed Dec 28, 2005 5:31 pm 
14. Lesbo Street Cred

Feedback, take three.

HoMary

You freak!!!!! I mean this in an entirely worshipful and star-struck way, not meant to be a slight at all. And certainly not because you called me a perv (a label which, since it was gifted by you, I shall wear with the rainbowest of pride). Some of my best friends are freaks you know. :P

You, my dear, are one of the few rare gems who have this ability to caress and coax words so that they dance to the tune you set for them. Never a word wasted. Never a word misused. Beautifully twisted and breathtakingly hilarious – that’s what this story is.

Quote:
giving scantily clad women hot muffin

Oh, and so very naughty. *wags fingers*

Just look at the funnies! Hot Buns Catering! UC-More! Harmony as a Rhodes Scholar! Dawn the Julliard dropout! Philanthropic Anya! Agnes-Buffy! Leg humping Veruca! Servicing the women! The not-entirely-familiar-to-me-but-sounds-like-they-should-be-funny political references! If I continue like this I’m gonna run out of exclamation marks!!!

My goodness, this fic is like Venice. *HoMary stares blankly at watty* I don’t mean it’s sinking and stinking! My memories of Venice is that you turn a corner and there is always something unexpected, a new twist, or a big large square full of funky surprises that make you gasp. Outstanding. Clever. Witty. Not Venice, your fic. And did I mention, oh so very naughty?

Quote:
"No Dick, though."

"Not a problem," they answered as one.

*snickers*

Quote:
"I can smell your--"

"Say it and die."

*whimpers*

Quote:
”It's not like a bunch a people we don't know are just fascinated by our every move and can't get enough of us.”

*snerk*

What else? So much else. But you’ve reduced me to incoherency and single words.

The divine Miss Calendar. *grovels*

The chocolate fountain of Sapphic Love. *drools*

69 Watson Street. *giggles*

And the most ingenious rendering of a required element:

[blockquote]"They've made a little space for the fleas crisis”
"They've made a little space for the brie's prices"
"They've made a little space for the sea's spices”[/blockquote]

That was phat, HoMary.

terra

Woot! Lists! Me like! Me like! Teehee at the mutual playing along with each other. There’s a sense of “I know you know I know” about the whole list making deal that made me chuckle very hard. I mean, who’s fooling who?

It’s annoying to live with a pet that’s not house-trained. If Willow wants to continue in Tara’s good books, she’d better have words with Miss Kitty soon.

And DUDE! Who are these evil leaping lords? They name the toy Eager Beaver, and they expect that users won’t eagerly want to use it as soon as it’s pulled out of its box? That they’d be hot and horny and probably sweaty and naked and all spread out on the bed they have to go hunt for batteries? What kind of crap marketing department came up with that gem?

I laughed at Willow’s giddy enthusiasm at wanting Tara to open the present - she gives eager beavers a good name.
Quote:
She had hid it there two weeks ago. Nightly she begged, pleaded and tried to trick Tara into opening it with no avail. Finally, today, her lover had succumbed.

Two weeks? Wow, Tara has impeccable self-control, that’s all I can say. Gotta laugh (I’m laughing a lot while reading this, can’t you tell?) that the precious item that has Willow all desperate and blabbing is
Quote:
the most pitifully wrapped present Tara had ever seen

I can totally imagine Willow gleefully switching the device on, then her frown as it fails to respond; then her turning it this way and that to find out if there’s anything wrong with it. I almost expect her to grab a screwdriver from the toolbox she has conveniently placed under the bed and take the thing apart. And then Tara coming back to their room to see a forlorn and pouty Willow banging it against the nightstand? Freaking priceless. :rofl

But of course Tara saves the day at the end. I hope the ladies feel properly attended to afterwards.

Janna

Nothing, but nothing, can be more angelic than the sound of Tara singing.
Quote:
Everything stood still. Even the stars held their breath as Tara sang Silent Night.

And also very in character of Tara, to be so self-conscious about it at first.

And I love it that it’s Buffy, usually so self-centered and oh so thick, who appreciates that. But man … (I’m with Chris, the one syllable exclamation works better) what the frilly heck made her want to enroll the gang into the singing competition?

Quote:
C3-05

:lol heh, I love that. It’s ruddy clever.

Quote:
“Little drummer Boy.”

By some cosmic co-incidence, I was listening to the Christmas CD from M&S that my 4 year old niece lent me and I was on Track 14 and guess what? Little Drummer Boy.

Oh, way to go to mention Willow needing lessons on wrapping presents (see above re: Day 10) and the cameo from the drumming kilts / piping band, they’re not called the Old Boys by any chance? :P

[br]

PostPosted: Thu Dec 29, 2005 8:49 am 
32. Kisses and Gay Love

Topics: 7
Ok, sorry it's taken a while. I think you all know that I've had a hard time getting on the computer. I think I've now commented on all the stories but if I missed any, please send me a PM or an e-mail because I certainly have wonderful things to say about all of them.

Thanks to the entire group. It's been a fantastic experience to get to create, learn, and grow. The fact that we could also laugh so much together and cry just a little makes it all the more special. I'm looking forward to the next project.

All You Can Eat – Car – Very nice smut!! Your inclusion of the entire writing group is great and all the inside jokes are hysterical. Makes me feel kind of sorry for everyone else.
Quote:
“Actually, Sally, eight is 66.6666667% of twelve. So, if you were to round up, it’s actually 67%.”
Hmmm where did that come from?
Quote:
she held a sword – at least Willow assumed it was a sword. She’s only seven, Rosenberg! Of course it’s a sword.
Lol.
Quote:
“No, it’s okay,” Debra assured the redhead. “I don’t mind being called Deb. Just, please, don’t ever call me Debbie. I really don’t like it at all. And also please remember that it’s ‘Debra’ – D-E-B-R-A. It’s not “Deborah” – D-E-B-O-R-A-H. It’s never ever ‘Debbie’ or ‘Deborah’.” She looked directly into Willow’s eyes, giving the woman a “do I make my self clear?” look that would broach no argument.
Gee, you seem kind of attached to it…
Quote:
She looked up at Willow and Tara, a bright smile on her face. “I wrote myself and Rachel into the story! I’m in the story!”
Is there such a thing as post-post-post-modern? Seems that you’ve invented it if not.

Lol. Sally’s Buffy and Parker’s kid. Double-lol.
Ditto Oz is Cam’s dad & Jonathan’s his bf. And Ditto down the line.
Glory’s my sister! Damn that kicks ass (in a very demented way).

Quote:
“Oh yeah, she’s their best critic,” Tara confirmed. “If it weren’t for Debra, those women wouldn’t know their left foot from their right.”
I’ll take that as a compliment.

Damn freaking long but very worth it, Car. So well done both with and without the in-jokes.

Mary – It’s a hard call between Cyd’s and your offerings for the funniest. I’ll just go with a tie and the same, what do I quote? rather what do I not quote? Dilemma.

Quote:
Harmony, her girlfriend of just over a year, had been named a Rhodes Scholar and left to continue her political science studies at Oxford. "I just don't see us navigating this terribly well," Harmony said in her eternally pragmatic fashion. "Such a decision hardly seems tenable."
Possibly the funniest line in the entire fic.

Quote:
"If I give you all the money I have, will you do that for me some day?" Willow squeaked.

Tara gazed back at her, eyes not quite focused. "Only if she gives me lessons."
Gee, could we pay to see those lessons?

Quote:
various sample dishes that someone with more knowledge of cooking could describe in greater detail.

I have to say that wonderful as everything about your story is, Veruca is the best part. Sniffing people, snatching rare meat, getting smacked on the nose or scratched behind the ears? Probably the most favorable use of her I’ve ever seen in a W/T fic.

Quote:
Tara looked at her, head swimming. "In my mind, you have three fingers buried all the way inside me," she managed.
Note to Mary: PG-13???
Quote:
1) The preceding is not meant to imply that the author would like to see the President of the United States torn apart by a wild beast.
2) The preceding is meant to state quite clearly that the author would like to see the President of the United States torn apart by a wild beast.
Sounds fine to me.

Hmmm, so funny and evocative. Takes me back to when my roommates took me to a strip club. Mmm. I’ll sum it up: The only bathroom was in the dancer’s dressing room.

Terra21/ Batteries Not Included? Ooo, bent over….. Ok, I’m back.
Quote:

Screw Christmas spirit.
Well, I’ll admit that I haven’t made a chart of graph but I’m pretty sure this is the only time this line appears in this series. Fantastic smut and quite funny. Willow should read and should take the suggestions sex-toy purveyors make to buy extra batteries seriously. Well done.

Watson/Highland Fling – Quite welcome for the gift-box. Wow, that is one sexy and sexified wicca couple. I mean 4 o’clock in the morning and then getting up and getting on a plane and continued? Man, that sounds great in a “when I was younger” way. Tee hee. I’m totally impressed with your new “writing more detailed sex scenes” project. I’d say quite successful from this side of the screen.
Quote:
I hit them with a stumblearound fog spell and Buffy dealt with them quickly.
A stumblearound fog? Wow, and I always feel bad for not being able to come up with Latin for the spell names. I like stumblearound though. Describes it well. Number technique; very nice.

Quote:
Is she cute or anal?
Are they mutually exclusive?
Quote:
“I thought a bag of Hershey’s Kisses was foreplay, and I just channeled Anya didn’t I?” Buffy quickly retracted.

Wrong challenge.
:rollin

Quote:
“Yes, you dork. I still love you.”
Ok, I actually really like this line. It’s such a great example of someone calling you something with absolute affection. Very nicely placed. All in all, I have to say that was really smuttastic.

wiccanbotanist/UCSD Radio – I love the opening scene where Buffy walks in on Tara singing. That type of thing can be such a magical moment. Lol the reference to the 12 days of Christmas songs. While at the in-laws my sister-in-law started telling my father-in-law that she heard the “funniest” Christmas song. Something about bills and whining kids. Lol.

I love the way Buffy just casually tosses out that they’ll all be singing in a competition. I mean that’s definitely the type of thing I’d want to discuss rather than having tossed at me. Great idea about Willow wrapping presents though. I’m glad they chose Little Drummer Boy; that’s my favorite carol. How sweet that they ran into a set of daddy-dads. That is so cute and if it gets their biological clocks ticking louder, way fun. Lol: they won. Very well done.

PostPosted: Thu Dec 29, 2005 4:13 pm 
6. Sassy Eggs

finally, some time to catch up (how did i ever wait in an airport before the internet?)

Emms, i really loved the whole mood you set here. on one hand, you have the everday type dealing with family issues, and then you have the supernatural more spine tingly way of dealing with family issues. the idea of getting closure from beyond the grave with a difficult family member definitely resonates for me, but i doubt i would handle it as well as tara did. agree with everyone that sheila needs a good bitchslapping, preferably with that pecan log. and willow saying "it takes mom a while to adjust to things...it's because she doesn't understand about stuff", could ya vague that up a little willow? such a realistic nonexplanation. i really enjoyed this emms.

Chris, out of neccessity any star trek fic is going to have a large cast (unless you send w/t off on a shuttlecraft or something) and usually i have trouble following/distinguishing them, but this was so easy to follow. definitely a sequel or series ready group you've assembled. and loved their take on the 12 days of christmas, and the sentient tree, very lord of the rings. holographic misletoe-genius!~mary

PostPosted: Sat Dec 31, 2005 11:54 am 
6. Sassy Eggs

Carleen, lorne's my dad? how cool is that?! of course, that had me humming "it's not easy being green" for a few hours, but you probably anticipated that. i loved all the rugged individualist rugrats you created, so spot on. my favorite image, though, was little chris and his pockets full of action figures, just too sweet (though watty's duck sweater was a close second). i'm just impressed willow and tara would have the energy for sex after a day like that, those kids wore me out just reading about them.

Mary, oh my Mary (well not my Mary). so many of the stories have the inspiration first and then work the elements in, but you've got your nine ladies dancing right out front, and how. from your "eternally pragmatic" harmony right through the author's notes, this was hold-your-sides funny. i also really loved your description of kendra's accent suggesting "pina coladas and warm sand", her accent is so often referred to, but never that lyrically. and buffy as a cute name for a beagle, did i ever tell you that my mom named her cat buffy? because she's buff colored. mom's sweet, but she lacks imagination.
and your Miss Calendar, wow. if you ever give up w/t writing, i think Miss Calendar deserves to be a lead character of her own series, i know i'd read it~mary

PostPosted: Sun Jan 01, 2006 10:10 pm 
13. Big Knowledge Woman

Sorry if the fruitcake has gone off a bit since I'm late with the feedbacky goodness but here goes with another batch of the stories:

Cam:
Exemplary use of the red herring to throw us off the scent of identities and allow Willow/Tara to roleplay and engage in the spicytalk.
WOO-HOO that "Tail-Sex Tara" has been immortalized as the iconic logo for Gold Brand Piston Rings.
The visual description of Tara sweating in the noonday sun in her tank top and cut-offs reminds me of a fantasy of mine. Too bad she couldn't have sucked on a bottle of ice cold Coca-COla and felt the condensation roll in rivulets down her brow.
Those scented candles that Tara makes have many uses to them, I'd say.

Emms:
This was a heartwarming and poignant continuation of CSIB and the by-product is that it inspires me to go back and reread that story again to fill in the gaps in my aging memory of what transpired.
As adults we bear the scars of our childhoods and keep them close to us allowing to unconsciously affect our relationships with other adults.
Children are innocent of this and have faith in the intangible, hence they have immediate acceptance of the existence of otherwordly spectral forces such as ghosts or Santa Claus.

Chris:
From out of your fertile and boundless imagination is delivered this tale of Starfleet the likes of which Rick Berman and his ilk could never hope to emulate.
Willow as the commander of the ship being attracted to her Ops officer, Lt.Tara Maclay brings the right amount of angsty workplace romance especially given the delicate and dangerous environment in which they dwell.
Talk about your uncharted waters or space.
I myself have an attraction to Lt.Christie especially after being privy to her workout session with Tara and after seeing her all sweaty and cleavage clingy due to her scurrying through the Jeffries Tubes.
The best lines belong to T'Jem playing the Anya role of matter-of -fact straight speaking with no filtering at all with her summation of Willow's gaze lingering on the sweaty body of Lt. Christie
Quote:
"I do not believe so. But she is homosexual, thus liable to be affected by aesthetically-pleasing displays from humanoid women in general, and you are both attractive in general and visually arousing at present"

How do you respond to a comment like that except, "Uh...thank you."

Carleen:
As Chris's tale was the most unique in the "Elemental" series, I hereby nominate your tale to be the most unique in the "Fruitcake" series.
You have created a sort of "Tiny Toons" of DCP Kitten writers and given their pint-sized selves all of the characteristics of their adult counterparts.
All of these kids are certainly wise beyond their years and precocious doesn't begin to cover how adorable and sweet they all are.
Actually they remind me of my two nephews who are 8 and 9 and are filled with the boundless ebullience of youth.
They never have this kind of all you can eat buffet at Bishop's, however.

PostPosted: Tue Jan 03, 2006 3:48 pm 
6. Sassy Eggs

Terra, i don't think any of the fruitcakes were suprised when you drew "batteries not included". sure, your odds were technically 1 in 12, but i'm pretty sure it was pre-ordained.
lots of misderection going on here, and lots of the characters trying to put one over on each other, could've called it "a very sneaky christmas". i really liked the idea that willow knew tara was playing her with the listmaking, and was just sitting there happily doing her own thing on the computer, not sure which one was actually the sucker there. excellent use of the "ten lords a leaping", seemed like one of the hardest elements anyone had, nice job t.

Watty, you actually wrote the words "no more numbers"? sure it was on willow's behalf, but still, that must've been hard for you. there was a definite variety of sexual situations here, but always with the love underlined as the base for everything else, which is something you do consistenly and wonderfully in your writing.
i went to a highland games last summer, drank dark ale while listening to bagpipers...wish i had some more comparisons to add to that list. i think my favorite part was the bath, though, simple and beautiful. and this was just the first day of their trip??

Janna, what a sweet way to end the series. the speculation about getting a little drummer boy or girl of their own, just completely an "awww" moment. i always enjoy it, too, when one of the scooby's actually uses a cell phone, i mean if nothing else couldn't they have invested in walkie talkies at some point? so they've got the shiny plaque, now i'm wondering how the new year's eve party turned out.~mary

PostPosted: Tue Jan 03, 2006 5:06 pm 
10. Troll Hammer

Topics: 12
Ok... well... now here I am FINALLY leaving feedback for this AWESOME holiday series. These are in no particular order....

Car -- The way you wrote those kids was inspired. Though, I really don't envy Tara's job. I had a headache just imagining being in the same room as all of those toddlers... and I actually LIKE kids. Woo slash hoo.

Mary(AU) -- I love you. I will do thy bidding. I will make you chocolate pudding and serve it to you nightly in a bowl moulded in the shape of Amber's boobs.

Terra -- Hee hee. They didn't even get to use it.

Watson -- I'm doing a jig right now. Seriously, I am. I'd wear a kilt but on me that just equals a skirt... can't have that.

Sally -- DAMN! That was soul-wrenching. I loved every minute of it.

Cyd -- Can I be a Super Friend too? :D If for no other reason than the uniform.

Chris -- Any story that puts our favorite girls in ST: TNG jumpsuit unis is a good story. So sweet. Loved it.

Cam -- Nice misdirect. Very enjoyable.

Emms -- I want to kill Sheila. Otherwise... very sweet. Sometimes all you need to know is that the person you want to prove yourself to the most did think about you.. and better yet, loved you. Of course, you already know this... since you wrote it :)

Janna -- You seemed to have a little difficulty sticking in a certain tense. Jumping back and forth between past and present. Otherwise it was a very sweet story, I really liked it.

Thank you all for your amazing talent and work!!!!

Cheers
DW

Challenge Fics!: You Could Be Her ... Glasses ... Graffiti ... Pizza Day

Forbidden Fics?: Check out the Litterbox!

Oops, I made a mythtake... wt4ever

PostPosted: Tue Jan 03, 2006 10:07 pm 
4. Extra Flamey

Elvis, my Elvis, you have written a G rated story. Hell can officially freeze over now. I think one more sentence and we could up that rating to PG-13.

I like the innocence of youth you have written here, a pre-coming of age fic for lesbians, if you will. After the LITs read this I think we should direct them over to "School Days" followed by "Please: The Series" to round out their curriculum.

Faith being the good guy is always a treat. She has it in her, she just has vices like the rest of us too. I especially like that she pounded on the in-crowd jerks for picking on Tara. Not that I condone violence or anything, but you know what I mean.

Thanks for the picture of these three in hen costumes singing on stage. Hehehe.

t

PostPosted: Tue Jan 03, 2006 10:55 pm 
13. Big Knowledge Woman

Pease fruitcake hot,
Pease fruitcake cold,
Pease fruitcake in the pan nine days old.
Mark III of feedback for the final four stories rounding out this inestimable series of tales of holiday cheer Willow/Tara style.

Antigone Unbound:
Not many people could combine trenchant political commentary, class consciousness, and the joy to the world of nine hot as all fuck women lathering each other in chocolate fouuntainy goodness.
Willow and Tara came upon a midnight clear to be sure and came again and again and...
Tara could have easily uttered the phrase "Miss Calendar, you're trying to seduce me."
I had to shift my meat around when reading the story.
I also have to agree with you that our current president, known by me as The Creature, should be eaten by bears of some other such animal; at the very least he should be forced to watch "The Nick and Jessica Holiday Special."

Terra,
Miss Kitty is the Rodney Dangerfield of peripheral Scooby Gang members and doesn't get any respect for being independent, curious, and fun-loving.Just because her idea of presents involve scatology doesn't mean that the residents should poo-poo her noble gestures.
The whole toy industry, even the sex toy industry, works upon the principle of getting you all worked up with the shiny hermetically sealed packaging and brightly descriptive illustraions on the box so when you finally succeed in breaking into the air-tight interior past the guard dogs and machine gun nests, they pull the football out from under you reminding you that you are Charlie Brown and they are Lucy as the three saddest words of the holiday season rear their ugly head:Batteries Not Included.
"Oh well, back to the electric toothbrush unless there are some batteries in the junk drawer, Tara."

Watson,
This is elementary, my dear, an NC-17 version of "Brigadoon".
Your "Highland Fling" starts off in a way that "Schoolhouse Rock" never dared in the tutelage of learning one's ABC's and 123's.
Ah yes, the missing scene from "A Charlie Brown Christmas".
Another in the pantheon of holiday urban legends, like the version of "Babes in Toyland" where Stan Laurel can clearly be seen holding a French Tickler or the Holy Grail of programs, "The Star Wars Holiday Special" with Bea Arthur as the Cantina hostess and Art Carney as the hat check boy.
A primer for how to pass those long hours wating for a holiday flight in the airport lounge; mystical bathroom sex.
I had three seats all to myself on a flight out to D.C. to visit my sister but I didn't have a hot earth goddess like Willow or Tara to engage in some carnal knowledge under a blanket. Curses, folied again.
Bathtubs, bagpipes, and going home with bonny Tara conclude this evocative tour of the Scottish landscape and give rise to the nobility of the name of Maclay as well as giving rise to my own set of bagpipes.

Wiccanbotanist,
You tackled the onorous and daunting task of wrapping up the twelve day holiday celebration with a tale of Christmas Carols and the importance of family and looking out for those we care about the most.
Tara has the mellifluous voice of an angel, another aspect of her radiance which imbues all she comes into contact with.
In a sense, like the last scenes of Dicken's "A Christmas Carol", the baeuty and majesty of the season shone around everyone and they were all touched by the grace of whatever higher power you believe in.
They reunited the Little Drummer Boy with his drummers drumming; nice postscript to see that the pipers had recovered their usual joie de vivre and with a change of instruments were back to making a difference in the world through music.
Willow and Tara were moved to spread their love to a little drummer boy or girl through adoption or in vitro.
Quality time was spent in Willow learning how to wrap presents and Tara could sit back and admire her 1st place plaque because how could anyone after hearing the crystal clear majesty of her voice not award her the highest accolade?
A very happy 2006 to all 12 writers and may Willow/Tara continue to bless us all and go forth in our own lives.

PostPosted: Wed Jan 04, 2006 8:03 am 
3. Flaming O

Oh crikey, look how late I am. :buried *hits self on the head* :smash Bad Sasha bad Sasha bad Sasha!
(In my defence, I was very ill up until a few days ago... why do I always get a streaming cold for christmas? :sneeze :sob )

Can I save myself a lot of typing and just say I really really REALLY loved them ALL? :applause :clap :bow :bounce Not very articulate, I know, but straight to the point, and certainly true! :letter

PostPosted: Wed Jan 04, 2006 6:26 pm 
4. Extra Flamey

Justin,

This line really cracked me up...

Quote:
"I'd stick to being all empathic and knowledgey if I were you."

Loved the sneaky tactics of Buffy and Tara. I wonder if Buffy really did setup the drawing. Heeheee. I like how you used the weirdness/dislike between Willow and Faith on the show to build this fic. Plus, Faith and Buffy not driving stake anymore...bonus.

I don't know if anyone else caught this but, is a cave rescuer a euphamism for something else? LOL

t

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 201 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7  Next