The Kitten, the Witches and the Bad Wardrobe - Willow & Tara Forever

General Chat  || Kitten  || WaV  || Pens  || Mi2  || GMP  || TiE  || FAQ  || Feed - The Kitten, the Witches and the Bad Wardrobe

All times are UTC - 8 hours [ DST ]

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 201 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 3, 4, 5, 6, 7  Next
 Post subject: Re: Once More, With Fruitcake: A Very Kitten Holiday Series
PostPosted: Wed Jan 04, 2006 7:07 pm 
9. Gay Now

Topics: 1
Hi gang! I'm not last, am I? *looks around nervously* Well, I'll keep it short and simple...just like me (I'll save Car the trouble of making that crack ;) ).

Sally: Way to start us off with the holiday cheer! lol Candle blew me away, Sally, and I'm not saying that simply for pun value, though I hope you appreciate it nonetheless. Such raw, real emotion. The backstory of how they got to this point was very vivid, and I could see it happening. I like that you go against the idea that W/T always understand each other perfectly and are never snippy or resentful. It made it that much more satisfying when they got to the cathartic gushing (HA!). Really moving and heartbreaking and lovely.

Cyd: Wow, Cyd...just...WOW. Insanity Sessions aside, I'm afraid I've pigeonholed you in my brain as the thoughtful, dark, intense, gut-wrenching emotion depicting intellectual of this bunch...but you're just as silly as the rest of us! Wheeeeeee! Or maybe brilliantly wacko would be a better term...I mean, Captain Tea Cozy? Overt Sexuality Girl? Every time the phrase Princess Repression pops into my head, I can't stop giggling...Ang is starting to think I'm retarded. And I loved loved LOVED Nancy Gym Bunny's confusion at the Wonder Lesbians' 'disguise.' Fucking hilarious!

Debra: As shocked as I was that you were writing a G rated fic, Debra, I wasn't the slightest bit disappointed by the result. I loved that you used Faith in this, where Buffy might have been a more obvious choice. I've always had mixed feelings about the character, stemming mostly from her somewhat one-dimensional role as the Anti-Buffy, and it's only through fanfic that I've come to appreciate her, specifically in Katharyn's Sidestep Chronicles, but you do a wonderful job with her here. I was also really impressed with how well you wrote 8th graders. With just a few well-placed details: the "Max Factor entourage," Willow's eye-rolling at her parents, the inevitible discussion of cute boys; I was transported back to my early teen years. Umm...I'm not sure I should be thanking you for that...blah...what a miserable age. Oh, but what a lovely ending, with their not-quite-but-basically admission of love...*sigh* Well done.

Justin: I gotta admit, Justin, I was worried when you initially pitched your idea 'cause I REALLY don't get the whole Buffy/Faith pairing. That said, I got over it, and really loved the way you portrayed all the characters. Willow and Faith both admitting that they think the other thinks they're an idiot was very insightful, and the progression into a tentative friendship as they each figure out their dislike of the other is rooted in their own insecurities was wonderful. You also threw in so much subtle humor: Faith's "if you don't say something then we're going to have to have you committed"; the oft-mentioned lightbulb going off over Tara's head; Elvis the waitress; the "Maru must be a typo" gag (and can I just point out for the record that the 'y' and 'u' ARE right next to each other! :paranoid ). And of course the 4 calling 'birds' was inspired.

Emmy: As always, Emmy, you create such a vivid portrait from the get-go that I fall right into the scene. The holidays can be such a stressful time, especially with family...even more so with family like the devil woman--I mean Sheila. I love that both you and Sally tacked the emotionally intense issues, but in such different ways. Whereas hers was grittily real and painfully angsty, yours delved into the mystical and magical that embodies the Christmas spirit. Both were simply beautiful.

Okay, that's it for tonight...7-12 coming soon.
-Cam

PostPosted: Thu Jan 05, 2006 11:56 am 
4. Extra Flamey

Cam,

I get so giddy when I read your fics! I'm like squirming in my chair and grinning from ear to ear. I love the sense of humor you put into this story. I love playful, sexy Tara. Gosh, do I love her, and you write the humor so well. I totally forgot that it was a xmas fic, what, with Tara in skimpy clothing all hot and sweaty. If I were Willow, I'd stare and get all babble-y too. LOL. Btw, cool shout out to "Gold."

t

PostPosted: Sat Jan 07, 2006 4:17 pm 
4. Extra Flamey

Emmy, you do such a wonderful job of paying attention to details...

Quote:
Willow's footfalls sounded on the wooden porch with deft thuds as the woman made her way down the length of the outdoor sanctuary.

This story kept lulling me into a melancholy state. I just wanted to curl up with it and go to sleep.

I particularly liked the exchange between W/T about the intentions of the geese. LMAO.

I resemble this remark:

Quote:
Willow would retreat into her own world of numbers and ledgers, getting lost in the thick smell of paperwork and technology.

You know my momma always told me that people come back (ghosts) because they have unfinished business. I'd say she was on the mark as far as this story is concerned. I'm glad that Tara's daddy had remorse and he was able to let her know.

Shylee - Too cute.
Shelia - Too uptight.
Santa Claus - I've known all along that he was real!

t

PostPosted: Sun Jan 08, 2006 8:13 am 
17. Mega-Witches

Hey kittens - here are my replies to your wonderful feedback for "Candle." If I missed anyone, please accept my sincerest apologies and send me a Private Message so I can rectify the situation! :)

tarebear

ceci, I'm so glad that you were so excited to read the story! I hope you enjoyed it!

[hr]

AntigoneUnbound

Hey Mary, thanks for thinking I have guts! Life without internal organs has been difficult, and I love it when people assume I actually do have guts. Okay, in all seriousness, perish the thought, it didn't seem like an edgy thing to write Willow and Tara as not getting along when I first set out - it was just this persistent feeling or scenario that kept coming to mind when I was thinking about what to do with the elements of the holiday fic that I had drawn. But the process of writing it was actually much more difficult than I had imagined it would be - not that the mechanics or the words coming were difficult; it was more the emotions that the story and going to that place internally evoked.

Thanks also for your comments on the setting - that's the very image that kept coming to me when I was thinking about this - a barren landscape in winter that is actually teeming with life just under the surface, much like an ailing relationship that is built on a solid foundation. You made me laugh with your slasher flick comments - I was tempted to write in a scene just for fun, but I was bumping up against a deadline, so the horror elements will have to be in another fic.

[hr]

hermitfish

Hey Cyd - I dunno if I'm part anx monkey, although when I misbehaved as a child, my mother used to threaten to sell me to the monkey house. Okay, not really - that was Calvin's mom of Calvin & Hobbes. Yep, they did drift apart to some extent, but since it was just for about six months total, with only 2-3 months of "crisis mode" I think that they have good chances for fixing their problems permanently. Thank you, Cyd!

[hr]

kisstheviolets

Hey Brandy - I forgot the angst warning, because this is the first time I've ever written anything that was primarily angst - my apologies. Awwww, I'm sorry that you got teary at work, but I'm gratified to hear that you think it was realistic. I sort of wanted to write something funny, but this story seemed to want to be told, so I told it. And hey, what's Christmas if not a time for people to be together and expose, if not work out, their relationship problems? Anyway, thank you very much for your nice comments - I appreciate it.

[hr]

JustSkipIt

You're so right, the steady deterioration in some ways is harder to deal with than one big faux pas or blowout, because people accept things and don't make a big deal out of the small stuff, but it adds up. The petty bickering also builds up, and it becomes a sort of cumulative. And yes, not telling a partner when you're unhappy is something that can make things difficult later on. When I think about it, I'd rather have my partner tell me if she's upset about something so I can comfort her or try to make it better, so I don't know why the natural tendency is not to talk about it.

It's definitely reasonable to be hopeful about their relationship. Although I don't intend to continue this story, if I did I would hopefully write it in such a way that it's not an easy, yellow-brick-road path back to happiness. They'd have to work things out, talk, practice, learn new habits and patterns, and probably discuss the real hard truths about why they fell into this pattern in the first place. All that stuff can be a big bummer, so I'm not necessarily eager to write about it, plus I don't think it would be that interesting to read. But as the author, I decree: Willow and Tara work out their problems and build a stronger relationship, Tara gets busy and makes a lot of friends and starts teaching writing at the Ann Arbor Writer's Center, and Willow gets tenure, and Michigan beats Notre Dame and Ohio State in football, and they live happily ever after.

Many thanks, Debra, for your very kind comments.

[hr]

spells42

So sorry about the seasonal angst, Anne - but hey, I figured that duality is one of the most enduring elements in literature, and how do we know we're happy unless we've been really really sad? Okay, so that's not why this story is angsty (it just seemed to want to be written that way), but it sounds like a highbrow excuse. I'm glad you said that the détente seemed like a great job, because I was a little worried, honestly, that it would seem a little too trite to have a big reconciliation after such a frosty period. Also, I love the word détente and used it myself in the plot treatment for this story.

[hr]

Miss Kittys Ball O Yarn

Quote:
Sally, I am so impressed with this story...the detail is amazing.

Wow, Emms, that is high praise indeed. The level of detail in your stories is something I admire very much.
Like you, I have been there where Tara and Willow were emotionally. It sucks, doesn't it? The worst part is, you feel so helpless when you're in the thick of it. And being the one who always has to make the first move is very hard also. Tara felt it pretty strongly, I think because she felt like she made this big move for Willow and followed Willow's career. It might have been exacerbated if she had had to leave a job behind, but for this story I wanted Tara's job to be portable to remove that element of career competition.

It's true what you say - all they needed to do was to communicate openly and honestly about what they were feeling and then they were able to feel other feelings as well - but the resentment and the guilt they were feeling were blocking the other emotions. I think the tree gave them some kind of framework for their talk, since their first attempt hadn't gone so well.

Emms, thank you so much for your comments, sweetie - it really warms my heart to know that you enjoyed this story so much.

[hr]

Sasha

Sasha, thanks! Wow, you got tingles, really? I'm so glad you thought the tree/candle metaphor worked well. And yes, in case the narrative didn't make it clear, the ending was meant to be hopeful and happy - they're going to be okay. Thank you so much!

[hr]

Artemis

That's totally what it's all about - real people definitely have real problems, and no one has a perfect life or relationship all the time. That's not to say that I wish to only write realistic fan fiction, since it is sort of an escape (I, for one, love stories where they're happy and blissful) - but I really had a desire to write this story about them.

That's a good point about Tara internalizing and stewing. I think that canon didn't explore that as fully as it could have, since there was so much going on in the show anyway and WT weren't the central characters, but there were definite signs of that all throughout. And yes, exactly - Willow can feel some control in her lab, while she of course doesn't have any control over how Tara feels and actually feels a lot of guilt about dragging her to Michigan when it wasn't necessarily Tara's preference for where to live.

Thanks so much, Chris! And thanks again for the title suggestions. I shudder to imagine this story with a title of "Nothing Can Hold a Candle to You" or something like that. :)

[hr]

caz

Hi caz - thank you so much! Wow, you must have moved a lot of places, being married to an ex-soldier. I'm glad to hear that I got it right - I have never actually moved with someone for their career; so far it's been all about me. ;) I think that Willow hopefully has learned an important lesson about communication and that any communication, even if it's hard to do, is better than none at all.

[hr]

LeatherQueen

Thank you so much! I'm glad to hear that you thought it was a wonderful start - I was a little worried about it. The subject matter wasn't exactly the happiest topic, but that's what the muse wanted this time. Thank you for letting me know you enjoyed it!

[hr]

mole

Hey mole - I enjoyed your feedback via e-mail when the kittenboard was down. Thanks for reading!

[hr]

meretricious

Hey Mary - it's totally not someone else's job to make Tara happy, for sure - even in a long-term relationship where your partner is your best friend, you ultimately have to be responsible for your own happiness. I think Tara got stuck feeling sorry for herself, and she didn't know how to reach out. I didn't go into a lot of the pre-college years for Tara and Willow in this story, but I envision Tara as having a hard, maybe even slightly traumatic childhood and wanting to get out and escape to college, and once she got to college, leaving her past totally behind and blocking it out, especially after she met Willow and they had a great relationship. So anyway, I think that Tara never learned some coping mechanisms that she would end up needing later in life and when the going got tough with Willow, she was sort of bewildered and didn't know how to deal with it.

Thank you so much! I'm enjoying writing so much and the feedback from kittens - and you were one of the first! Makes it that much more fun and rewarding.

[hr]

taralicious

Hey Blayne, thanks for your nice comments. Willow and Tara were totally wrapped up in their own problems, yeah, and had temporarily forgotten how to find their way back to each other. I thought the cabin in the woods in the backwoods of Canada was a great place for them to finally have to face each other and their fears and problems, because there is literally nothing else to do and there are no distractions. Thank you.

[hr]

skeeter451

Go Blue! Hail to the victors! Ann Arbor is a great place to live; I spent four years there and it's a nice town. If you do move, let me know how you like it!

[hr]

GayNow

Hey Car-Car! That's the most painful thing about lost closeness - you know how close you used to be, and how magical it all used to feel, and it's hard to know that it's gone. Maybe gone forever, in some cases - but luckily not for Willow and Tara. Thank you so much for talking about the language and the breakthrough - that was probably the most time-consuming part, choosing which words would be correct. This story just seemed to go on and on and on writing it - something that you're familiar with, eh? :) And yes - with the volatile powder keg of guilt, resentment, fear, and hurt that was brewing, it was definitely easier for Willow and Tara to begin their talk through metaphor instead of just jumping right into it. Thank you!

Puff

Hey Puff - I wasn't expecting to write something angstful, especially since I tend to gravitate toward light and fluffy myself in my writing, but hey - when the muse comes knocking, who am I to send her packing? I'm glad you enjoyed the back story. It's true that nothing usually is totally one person's or the other's fault in these types of situations. And tee hee about the reconciling also - glad you liked it. Thank you!

justin

justin, which wise woman said that the best part of falling out is making up? Thanks for your nice feedback - I'm glad it was easy to understand why they were behaving the way they were. I appreciate your thoughts, thank you!

watson

Hello, watty dear. I admit that when I first was conceiving and pitching the idea of Candle that I was distressed that it seemed so angstful, but you were immediately supportive of the idea and made me feel better that it wasn't a funny holiday fic. Your point about what can make people drift apart is well taken - Willow and Tara only had to contend with about six months of drift due to overwork, as opposed to infidelity or abuse.

You know, growing up and such I think that I really did think that love would conquer all and as long as you were in love it was okay whatever else happened because love would win out. Maybe that was instilled in me through Hollywood or books or fairy tales. But it was a very rude awakening the first time it happened to me that love was not enough to save the relationship. I didn't know how it could possibly be happening, how the relationship could be ending, much like Willow and Tara probably didn't know how it happened to them exactly.

Show, don't tell - it's a good motto, both in life and in writing. Thank you so much, watty, for your thoughts and feedback and comments and everything.

[hr]

SithLordWiccan

Hi Sith - believe me, I understand. I'm not a 100% angst whore myself, and would have probably approached a story like this with trepidation, if I read it at all. So thanks for taking the chance and I'm very glad you enjoyed it - thank you!

[hr]

Nika

Nika, thanks, and I'm so glad you've loved the series!

[hr]

DarkWiccan

DW, thank you! It was pretty soul-wrenching to write also. So glad you loved every minute of it!

[hr]

tarawhipped

Hey Cam, haha about the holiday cheer. No one was more surprised than I about the angst-level. The pun value in your feedback was GREAT - I always appreciate a good pun. Anyway, this time I figured why not see what WT would be like and how they would communicate (or not) when things aren't great. There were some hints in canon when Willow was going overboard on the magics about how they didn't communicate, and I just took it from there. Anyway, thank you so much for saying it was moving, heartbreaking, and lovely. PS - they are going to be okay, they're going to make it and live together forever and have lots of babies. ;)

[hr]

ETA: a reply to terra21 because I'm a dork/loser and somehow missed including my reply to her fb (but I read it right away back then terra and very much appreciated it). FORGIVE ME, TERRA! If I missed anyone else please PM me or something.

[hr]

terra21

terra, I know, I KNOW, the pain!!! Believe me, it's not that I wanted to make your heart hurt. Thank you for saying you love the way it evoked the emotions - that's really great to hear, even though I know it was painful. That's what I was going for, and it's good to know it was evocative in that way. I hope you didn't really cry yourself to sleep. And thanks also for the great emotional/makeup sex! I've been there a couple of times (TMI) and it's always really powerful, actually kind of scary sometimes.

Last edited by FineyMcFine on Sun Jan 08, 2006 8:59 pm, edited 2 times in total.

PostPosted: Sun Jan 08, 2006 11:18 am 
4. Extra Flamey

Chris,

Despite the fact that I'm not a trekkie, I totally enjoyed this fic. I mean I'm not totally ingnorant to the origins of this story, but I'm not as knowledgeable as you. I'm sure there are plenty of inside jokes that I didn't get but that's okay. I think I got most of them. Heh. Btw, have you seen Galaxy Quest? It's like one of my favorite movies of all time.

Hew-mon. LMAO.

The Ferengi, I hate the lustful sleeze bags already. Kinda remind me of most auto mechanics.

I like that both Willow and Tara have friends like Jack and the nurse to in which to confide.

Comaraderie is of such value in situations where you are far from home, family, and close friends.

I got all nervous when Willow found Tara outside her quarters waiting for her.

Tee hee, Tara's celebratory dance.

Meooooooowwwww to Christie in the sweaty sleeveless attire. Why can't we have more hew-mons that act like T'Jem with her explantion of Willow's blushing? lol

Very sweet Chris, Willow giving up her personal journal, intimate actually.

Say, where can I get a holograph maker/producer thingy?

t

PostPosted: Sun Jan 08, 2006 1:25 pm 
7. Teeny Tinkerbell Light

I have to again acknowledge the assemblage of writers and betas in this project. I feel very lucky to have gotten the opportunity to write something this delightfully silly. (I have never used so many exclamation points in a story!!!) More importantly to me, however, I got the chance to meet some truly wonderful people. The declaration of love, sham marriage proposal, and almost pants urination were just a bonus. Hmmm...well, maybe not that last one.

Replies...

LtSticks: Great! I'm glad you enjoyed.

spells42: This was really so much fun to write. I'm very happy that it shows. Thanks Anne.

SallyMcFine: Hi-ya Sally...I guess it would tilt the balance of good and evil in the world if all the Hickory Farms kiosks were destroyed (although I wouldn't miss them). And of course you got the 'don't use genetics for evil' message, which I know so many of us need reminding of early and often. Thanks.

Sasha: I always wonder how expressions like that get started too...I mean "laughed my socks off?” I have no idea.

Hmmm...as for the nitpick, yes they have flippers but it was a wacky genetically mutated creature so it had talony/flippery like feet for stompy goodness? (Okay, I admit I didn't really give that much thought beyond turtle smash!) Glad you enjoyed.

Artemis:
Quote:
Have I mentioned how deeply in love with you I am?

*sigh*

You know I love you too, right? Because I knew that you, in particular, would enjoy the references I put into this one. And please remember this love when you become rich and famous and find me on your doorstep.

Super Friends is one of my very favorite cartoons for pure silly factor. I just couldn't resist taking a few good natured shots at it. And I watched far too much TV as a child, so I have years of pop culture just lurking about in my head. Not to mention robots...I had to appease the robot overlords. Thanks so much, Chris.

caz: Hi Caz...Willow has no willpower...heehee that's funny. They had their vixeny crimefighting mojo going on in this one. Thanks for stopping in.

AntigoneUnbound: Mary, first I really appreciated you waving your beta wand through the fic and cleaning it up for me. So thanks for that.

Quote:
And you know how I feel about rear entry

I do? *tries to remember hazy faces from a few years...*

Oh, that rear entry. In the fic. Yes, yes I do. LOL.

I've wanted to write a comedic piece that could use play on words and sentence structure and this was really a fun avenue for it. Good you found that aspect amusing. Thanks, Mary.

LeatherQueen: Glad the title didn't drive ya' away and you liked.

mole Hi Michelle...yes, Sally did such a wonderful job presenting her idea with that tone of hers that she drove all anx related ideas from my mind. I just couldn't compete. This silliness is what remained. I'm glad you liked my altered lyrics. I had fun writing those.

JustSkipIt: Hi-ya Debra...I'm pleased that so many people liked the phone message. I had a nice internal chuckle wondering how many orders would have to be placed to actually have that in a phone messaging menu. And, yes, the cheese that is the Batman TV series also leant some inspiration here. In both moronic villany and in the 'Wonder Lesbian Analyzer'. Thanks so much.

Miss Kittys Ball O Yarn: Emms...I've never seen so many laughing emoticons in one post. Hmm...I better add one to the reply.

There. So...apparently you thought it was funny. Or you have a chronic laughing emoticon problem. But don't seek any help for it, if you do, cos I like it! Thanks and lots of love.

meretricious: *imagines a legion of Mary clones catering to my whims*

Yay!

*imagines them leaving me to get into shenanigans with the Wonder Lesbians*

Oh well, I think I knew that wouldn't last. As long as I can keep my original groupie, swooning no less, I'll make it through somehow. Thank you, dear.

kindagay: Hi Jeanne...thanks.

will: Cool...glad you liked.

terra21: t! Damn snarky funny is what I was going for...woohoo! And, yup, I'm a smart-ass...that was never in doubt.

taralicious: Yeah the Wonder Twins were quite useless, but I've always loved the idea of their power. It was just cheesily executed (like most everything else on that cartoon). Glad you enjoyed the spoofy goodness.

GayNow: Hi Car...this is really pretty simple as I see it - I like making people laugh. I feel very lucky that sometimes I can do that with my writing. So, if I can make you feel better on a bad day, then I know I'm doing something right. Thanks so much.

Puff: Hi...I think I enjoyed writing Overt Sexuality Gal and Princess Repression far too much myself. Hmm...there may be more action (heh) for the Specialfriends in the future but I make no promises. Thanks so much.

justin: Well, thank you for the kindness...I hardly think this was as funny as Mary's work but I'll shamelessly take my tie anyway.

watson:
watty, the boss of us, wrote:
My first reaction after finishing Specialfriends was, should I say, a tad inappropriate?

Hey, I thought that was a very flattering reaction. More than I was going for at any rate. I appreciate the explanation of "marriage proposal" cos a.) I didn't know that and b.) I would like to not get hit by mrs. watty-boss, if possible. I bruise easily.

So...um...people are going to fall in love with me reader-writer platonically? And this is despite Cyd's real life personality (tm), right? Well, yipee.

For the rest, no need to be serious. Who wants that anyway? Thank you for the kindness, watty-boss.

SithLordWiccan: I'm so glad you found it funny and I'm inordinately proud that I almost made you wet yourself in a public place. I don't know why.

tarawhipped: Hello Cam...Dark anx or crazy silly - welcome to my brain! Please keep your hands inside the car and hold on...it's a strange ride. And you're always welcome, my friend.

Okay...if I missed anyone - my apologies.

~Cyd

Last edited by hermitfish on Mon Jul 16, 2012 8:14 am, edited 1 time in total.

PostPosted: Sun Jan 08, 2006 2:54 pm 
9. Gay Now

Ack! The replies are starting and I'm not done with fb yet--bad BAD SlackerCam.

Chris: I never really got into the Trek-verse, either, despie the valiant attempts of friends. Not that I didn't like them when I did see them, but in the 90s there just seemed to be so darn many of them I couldn't keep them straight. You have an amazing ability to make ANY Uber-verse interesting and exciting though, Chris, and I thoroughly enjoyed this story (hope you'll be continuing it). Your original characters are well-drawn and engaging as ever. I think that's what impresses me most about your fics: you can transport W/T to another 'verse, surround them with new characters, and make it as accessible as any canon fic. Even though W/T didn't directly interact for much of this story, it was always there, in thoughts and moments, and the ending was so sweet and romantic.

Carleen: OMG! Clem is Emmy's DAD! :-D Dude, this was sweet, sexy, and laugh out loud funny. When you mentioned the cameos, I didn't realize how far you were going to go, but I loved them all (especially mine, natch ;) ). I got to snuggle with Willow! *swoon* I have to admit it took repeated readings before I got the "Cam's dads are the two shortest men in all of Buffydom," so chock-full of subtle funnyisms this was. With such a big cast, you did a great job of keeping all the voices clear, and there were SO many great lines, but I think this one was my fave:
Quote:
Sally's brow furrowed in concentration before answering. "Having many skills?"
LMFAO! Finally, I'll expect you to write any future pick-up lines for me, cause "I think you're pretty. So, I wanted to put you on my cow" is better than anything I've ever come up with.

HoMary: From the first line I was wide-eyed and slack-jawed, Mary. The cheese lines; the Opposite-verse versions of Harmony, Wilkins, Anya, and Travers; Miss(tress) Calendar. And hey! Another CAMeo...Tara can hip-check me any day. There's no way for me to pick out one or two things out of so many, but this interaction had me weeping with convulsive laughter:
Quote:
Tara flashed the group a bright smile. "So--what do you like to eat?"

"Fish."

"Fish."

"Fish."

"Meat."

"Sometimes fish, sometimes meat."

"Foie gras."

"Fudge."

"I'd like to eat you."

"What?!" Willow spun around, aghast.

"I said I'd like a meat stew," Veruca mumbled, her eyes never leaving Tara.
Absolutely brilliant!

PostPosted: Sun Jan 08, 2006 4:22 pm 
4. Extra Flamey

Continuing my trail of belated feedback...

Car, at first I was just gonna leave nothing but "boobies" for feedback...then I got to thinking that if I left nothing but "boobies" you'd just stare at my feedback and nobody elses. Heh.

When I first heard you were including several cameo's and they were all gonna be children, I thought that is genius! Very cool idea Car.

Boobiesboobiesboobiesboobiesboobies. Really it's not all I think about, there are other ASSets that I think about on occassion.

I got to hug Tara!!! And I got to say that she had nice boobies! Which she does, by the way. And now she officially knows that I want to marry her, in fanficdom anyway.

"symmitricycle" LOL. For the record, it's not cute, it's team work. Hmmph.

Boobiesboobiesboobiesboobiesboobies.
Quote:
At least they used the good version, Tara thought. Madonna’s rendition gives me the creeps.
LMAO

I wish I had an All You Can Eat Christmas Buffet, instead I settled for my sister-in-laws mediocre dressing (god bless her).

Good stuff Car.

BOOBIES!
t

PostPosted: Mon Jan 09, 2006 5:07 am 
32. Kisses and Gay Love

Topics: 7
I hope I didn’t miss anyone in my replies. If I did, please let me know and I’ll add it. Some of this feedback is now out of date as I’ve posted the sequel to Friendly Friends—Menorah Tales.

Working on this project has been incredible. I treasure every chat and note between these so talented writers. Whether it’s an offhand suggestion or the thorough and amazing betaing from HoMary (and it seems that everyone got pretty much the same treatment—fantastic), you are a goldmine. Thank you to the Rogue Kittens.

Susan – Thanks for the help getting the image posted right too. Waiting for more feedback???

mole – Exactly. I felt like the whole pageant nervousness was pretty common. And using that common experience, it seemed to me like I could call on that to bring up that feeing without having to write too much. I’m glad you appreciated the emotional range of the story; that’s exactly what I was going for. Thanks so much.

Cyd – Thanks so much. Of course now we’ve seen another 9 days and even more range. I’m glad you liked the conversation. Thanks.

AntigoneUnbound
Quote:
Why do I have the feeling that if there were to be a follow-up to this, these friendly friends would be even...friendlier?
Well then, I’ll let the cat out of the bag. I think that you’re right and they will get even friendlier. Patience is a virtue though…

I agree that adolescence is a brutal time. Fun to write about but you couldn’t pay me enough to go back there. Again I agree with you about the parents; I often like to let the reader make up his/her own story and this is example of this. Glad that you picked up on that. Yes, Faith is a foil for W/T or maybe all three girls are foils for the other. You’ve got the brains, the brawn, and the heart of the group and they mesh together.

I love you comment re: Dawson’s Creek. For that matter that other show always assumed that teenagers had fantastic vocabularies and the ability to express their emotions. I think the truth is much less so (no offense to teenagers). Really: we’ve got two girls who are starting to notice that they’re not like Faith in terms of the way they like boys but they don’t really know just what that means. Still a mystery at this time. Thanks, HoMary.

Maru – Thank you. Yes, it’s exactly that particular age. The “what’s different about me?” age.

Quote:
it reminds me very much of how you write younger children in many of your other fics, how you can make them intelligent and engaging while still keeping them age appropriate.
Definitely a challenge so I’m glad you think I do it well. Thank you.
You’re right that Tara joining the library table is quite brave and guides very much. Thanks.

Caz – Thank you. You’re right about the lifelong partnership. You’re welcome. Lol: Asher—Almost 2. He’s a riot and completely amazing.

kindagay – Don’t worry about quick. I’m still getting to the other stories. Thank you so much for posting.

will – Thanks so much. I’m glad you see the sweetness.

Sally – Hi, Friend. I know: a G-rated fic??? Could you believe that the next update of the story will be G too? Everyone’s going to be in shock. I had to work in Hanukah pajamas. (Speaking of which, Happy Hanukah to everyone). Agreed that Faith is living a different life from that most of us experience. Her toughness is hard fought and it will serve her well if she can move though it. I definitely think W/T will be able to help her.

Ahhh, palpable… Thank you. [quote\I want more! I want to go on this journey with them through their growing-up and self-realization. Hint, hint![/quote]Abracadabra. Soon. Thank you.

spells42 – Thank you. I’m glad they’re believable. Thank you. Yes to continuation…

Sasha – Thank you. Yes, I’d say about 13-14. Awful age!

Emms – Thanks. Yes, fuzzy and sweet. More Cordelia and Harmony to come. They’re not going to get more likable. I’l say that. Thanks, Emms.

taralicious – Lol. I never thought of it like that. A holiday special. I guess so though and I’m glad it worked well for you. I think at this point, Faith’s not so much a 3rd appendage but I think she’ll fall that way soon. Definitely problems with the families in Sunnydale or maybe just throughout the world. More to come on that. Lol: your metor’s thoughts. Thanks.

Car – Signs of the apocalypse? No but I did get nearly everything I wanted from Santa so it paid off. Thanks for all your comments. I’m glad that both Faith and W/T come out correctly. I never want to make Faith a caricature but I love her so much. As a matter of fact, I think I’ll now reward those who read these feedback replies with a confession: I always knew that Faith would win SAI, Tara would be 2nd, and Willow would win the car. Those were the starting points plus W/T on different teams. Everything else was random but those. Thanks.

Chris – Yep, G-rated. I’ve got another ready too. You know those cases where some kids go to the movies to see Beauty & the Beast and he projectionist accidentally shows Basic Instinct (some friends actually had this happen—they didn’t have kids but were seeing a matinee)? This story is like if you posted this on MKF, it would be the opposite. I’m glad that you thought I captured that age clearly. I would never go back there but it seemed true when I was writing it.
Quote:
I adored the hesitant, nervous, but utterly sincere exchange between Willow and Tara that you closed on. It seemed to carry an immense wealth of moments with it, from both childhood before, and their lives yet to come as adults - as if that moment was the fulcrum on which their relationship swung from one to the other.
Wow, very well and beautifully written and thank you. Thanks.

Puff – Awww. Thanks. I agree that I definitely hinted at the pain in Faith and Tara’s relationships with their mothers and I definitely like the newly coined word, cuted. Yes, there will be more to come on the girls. Thanks.

Justin – I agree. We know that I have a particular affinity for the girls’s getting together or even getting back together stories. This one just popped into my head and there they are now. Thanks so much and you’ll definitely have the chance to read more about them.

Sasha – You’re very welcome from all of us.

lollipopgirl – Very welcome. Glad you enjoyed.

spells42 – Peace to you and you’re very welcome.

Watson – Yes, you know I can’t wait to do this again. Lol. I’m writing. Oh yes, signs are definitely there but they’re still young. For right now, they’re just very very close friends. Friendly friends, you know? Tee hee. Hmmm, a couple by 16 or 17. We’ll see about that. I read through the library of my elementary school but it was a small school in a small town. I remember when we moved to a larger town and I would beg my mom to drop me off at the library when she went to work on the weekends. Mmmm, books…

Quote:
Love your Faith too. That’s how I imagine she’d be if she had more friends at school.
See, that’s what I’ve always said (look at School Days); Faith just needed guidance and love.
Quote:
Giles too, freed of the watcherdom that we often see him, he was a nurturing figure in his cameo here.
Possibly the first mention of Giles in my fb. “freed of watcherdom” may be a bit too much of an assumption. Thanks for your encouragement always.

SithLordWiccan -

Quote:
I've read "Please", and so I was expecting some kind of NC-17 smutty story from you.
Lol. I guess I was kind of expecting it too. If you read elemental, my offering there was certainly closer to Please than Friendly Friends but I write what Watty-boss tells me. Ok, not really; I write what my muse says. Anyway, I’m glad that you were surprised and had your hopes up. Thanks for your comments.

Nika – Thank you and you’re so welcome.

Cam – Yeah, I was kind of shocked about the G rating too. If you’d joined me the world would have probably reversed on its axis or something.
Quote:
I loved that you used Faith in this, where Buffy might have been a more obvious choice.
Um, secret: love = Faith, Buffy = quite less so. I totally get what you’re saying about Faith’s use in the series and that’s one of the things I’ve always wanted to correct in my writing. I think that others have the same goal. I agree with you about the teen years but I’m glad it rang true. Thanks.

ETA: T – Ok, I’m officially going insane. I remember reading your fb. I remember responding to your fb. I’m scanning and scanning and scanning my file and no response. Dumb brain. I remember writing something witty about hell freezing over. Arggghhh!

Gee, what do you think the one more sentence would be that would up the rating. “I just think about you, Willow.” “Me too, Tara.” “Yeah, I want to lick and suck your …”???

I’m a little worried

Glad you like Faith as good guy. I haven’t made any secret of my love for her. Thanks and I’m sorry to have missed you initially.

Last edited by JustSkipIt on Tue Jan 10, 2006 9:58 am, edited 2 times in total.

PostPosted: Mon Jan 09, 2006 3:25 pm 
23. Volumey Text

Thanks to everyone who left feedback. It seems that Tara's attempt at Spicy talk and the lightbulb line were popular, which is nice :)

Sasha: I'm glad you enjoyed the story.

Quote:
Such a sweet, angst-free, christmassy fic,

What do you mean angst free? I mean there was having to choose presents for people, writing out cards (with resulting writer's cramp). I mean this story was loaded with angst, loaded ;-)

Thanks for the feedback.

Will: Thanks, I'm glad you enjoyed it :)

Cyd:
Quote:
but one aspect I enjoy about your writing is that clever wit

Clever wit? Cool :)

You're right about the reasons for their dislike. We often judge people by the way we think they perceive us.

Thanks.

HoMary:

Quote:
Faith's permitting herself to realize that she was actually intimidated by Willow's intelligence and her role in Buffy's life.

Actually that was quite a late addition to the story. In the first draft you didn't get to see Faith's thoughts. I think adding this did provide a much better insight into the characters.

Quote:
Great work, Justin! Thank you for sharing it w/ us!

Thanks for reading.

SallyMcFine:

Quote:
I want Willow to be my girlfriend if she's got that kind of coin.

The bit about Willow having won the McArthur foundation fund was to show that she's quite well off. In 1994 it was about $250,000, so I guess it's a bit more now.

Quote:
It's really true what Tara said - just think of the person and think of something person they would like.

I moved into a flat on my own last year, so this Christmas I had to buy presents for everyone on my own for the first time, rather than doing it with my sister. While I was deciding what to buy I found myself following Tara's advice. :)

Quote:
I really like how your story has all this interconnectedness in it, justin.

Heh, it's a thing :)

Thanks for the feedback.

To answer your question,

Quote:
which wise woman said that the best part of falling out is making up?

It was Tara, in Seeing Red

Debra: I'm glad you enjoyed the humour in the story. I'm not sure that I see the connection between Tara singing carols and Monster's Inc.is.

Thanks for the kind words.

Taralicious:

Quote:
The parallels between Faith and Willow were very illuminiating and did lead me to wonder how things would be resolved between them as these misunderstandings can just get out of control if not handled properly.

You're right things could have gotten worse if these misunderstandings had been allowed to go on. So it's a good thing that Tara and Buffy stepped in, even if they were sneaky about it.

Thanks for reading.

Caz: Thanks. I'm glad you enjoyed the story :)

Emms: I'm glad you enjoyed the commedy in the story. Thanks for the kind words.

metricious: A time travelling post box would definitely be of the good.

You're right that being able to joke with someone helps build a friendship with them.

Thanks.

Carleen:

Quote:
I just know the demon that got hit by a bus was Shadai...wasn't it?)

I had a feeling you'd be the first to spot that. :) How many times have you read have you Hellebore now?

Actually I wanted to include shout-outs for all my fellow fruitcakes, but failed miserably, mainly due to running out of time. Sorry to anyone I missed. Anyway moving quickly on

Quote:
without going over the top and making it sappy.

Darn, I was going for over the top and sappy *sigh* Well I'll have to try harder next time ;)

Thanks.

Chris:

Quote:
I'm a sucker for Tara singing,

Well who isn't? :)

Quote:
Was that Shadai, with the bits of people hanging off her? Poor girl never gets a break - third time definitely wasn't the charm Thanks.

Yes it was. And she doesn't seem to have much luck. Which just goes to prove that age old saying, "don't mess with Willow and Tara"

Quote:
there wasn't the deep gulf between them that they believed, they just needed a little push from their respective loved ones.

True. They were seperated more by the things they had in common rather than the differences.

Puff: Yeah Faith is a great character :) I'm guessing if we did a poll of favourite characters, Faith would be 3rd after Willow & Tara.

Thanks for your feedback.

Spells42: Thanks. I'm glad you enjoyed the stories.

Watty-boss:

Sneakily funny? I like it :)

Quote:
Is that a commentary about the assignment methodology for this little project of ours?

It might have been. Well if the hat fits... :-p

Thanks for your feedback. I'm glad the story tickled your funny bone (in a sneaky way)

SithLordWiccan: I suppose a set up like that could have led to further misunderstandings, which could have led to them fighting, perhaps in a pool of mud...

what were we talking about again?

Thanks for the feedback.

Nika: I'm glad you enjoyed the stories. Thanks for the flowers :)

Terra21:

Quote:
Faith and Buffy not driving stake anymore...bonus.

lol, great way of putting it.

Quote:
but, is a cave rescuer a euphamism for something else?

:rofl

Glad you enjoyed the story

Oh and before you go, I've just got one more thing to add

BOOBIES!

Cam: I'm glad you liked the progression of the story. So my humour's clever, witty, sneaky and subtle? A person could get big headed reading feedback like this :)

Quote:
and can I just point out for the record that the 'y' and 'u' ARE right next to each other!

That's your story and you're sticking to it ;)

Thanks for the kind words

Thanks again to everyone who left replies. If I missed anyone then please let me know and I'll rectify it.

PostPosted: Mon Jan 09, 2006 4:16 pm 
19. Yummy Face

justin wrote:
How many times have you read have you Hellebore now?

I'm currently reading it for the...um...11th time...I think...could be 12th.

Frivolous Views

Last edited by GayNow on Mon Jul 16, 2012 8:14 am, edited 1 time in total.

PostPosted: Mon Jan 09, 2006 5:02 pm 
9. Gay Now

Cam wrote:
and can I just point out for the record that the 'y' and 'u' ARE right next to each other!

To which Justin wrote:
That's your story and you're sticking to it

Hey, Mary should just be happy she ended up Maru and not Mart.

-Cam

Last edited by tarawhipped on Mon Jul 16, 2012 8:14 am, edited 1 time in total.

PostPosted: Tue Jan 10, 2006 6:55 am 
4. Extra Flamey

HoMary you have out done yourself with this little fic. I laughed at dang near every line. So many dual meanings, you crack me up.

I'm not saying this is my favorite line but it's definitely in the top 10...
Quote:
I'd like to add another compliment to the chef, Willow thought, watching her walk away. Nice ass.

Interior monologue..hehe.

I'll probably never say this again...I think Veruca was my favorite character in this story. You got a lot of mileage out of her, lol.

And OMG you seem to have incorporated some sexy scenery and spicy talk with your political jargon. LMAO.

I love it HoMary!

t

PostPosted: Tue Jan 10, 2006 7:26 pm 
9. Gay Now

Thanks to everyone for reading, and to Susan (skeeter451), Katie (lollipogirl), Anne (spells42), and Nika for the group comments. On to specific replies...

Mole
Quote:
that NEVER happens when I take my car to the garage

And that's why this story, while set in the canon-verse, is still Uberesque...it's 'Canuber,' or 'Ubercan,' if you will. ;) Gas stations/garages are generally not very sexy, imho, which is why there was no actual sex scene. I originally planned some steamy bathroom lovin', to which my darling wife said: "at a gas station? That's gross." Glad you liked it as is, and thank you, Michelle.[br]
HoMary:
Quote:
You painted such a great picture, with so many wonderful details that just let me see the entire scene
Awww shucks. :blush When I sat down to describe the place, I was at a loss 'cause I don't do long descriptive prose. Then I said "self, WWED?" (What Would Emmy Do?) and voila! I tried to apply What Would Watty Do? as well, but 5032 words describing Willow's spreadsheet seemed a tad gratuitous.
Quote:
I loved that it was Tara pushing most of the boundaries

Boy, am I glad I changed it then! Initially it was the other way around, but I got as far as Willow saying "hey baby, can I check your fluids?" to which Tara snapped "I still have a headache" and I had to start over. :-D

I'm glad you liked the twist...initially they were going to be strangers, but once I realized I was writing a sweeter story, it just didn't fit. I still liked the idea of them bantering as if they didn't know each other, though, so I'm glad it got such positive response. They reaally will be strangers in the unexpurgated director's cut: "Pump Me." Thanks, Mary![br]
Debra: Thank you Debra, for the validation on going summary-less, and for your remarks r.e. switching stories. Technically I did it twice, since that first idea I had would have been bordering on a G rating. *gasp* Can't have that!
Quote:
I'm a sucker for the "pretending we don't know each other" scenario

Me too! I can't remember how far into part 1 of Please I was before I figured it out, but it was very titillating. I've read some very good fics where they are strangers who hook up, but I find it sexier when it's a game...so naughty![br]
Sally: R.E. the title...I hate writing titles! This one came to me in a momentary flash...after a desperate brain-wracking since I knew Chris needed them asap. No, Willow did not send the postcard...she loves the truck! They conceived their first child in that truck...magickally of course, while parked under a pear tree. :-D Thank you for all the kind words, support, and humor throughout this project, Sally.[br]
Cyd: If I had a stepladder I'd climb up on it and smack you in the head for that short joke, Cyd...but then I'd give you a big ol' hug for the compliment. :) Honestly, Cyd, you say the sweetest things.
Quote:
I'm still puzzling how you took us from so very naughty intentions to so very sweet and nice

As I mentioned to Mole, I had intended to write a sex scene, so the first half was written in that frame of reference. Once I decided not to, the tone changed a bit, but it's gratifying to know you thought it was seamless. Thank you.[br]
Caz: The idea that spawned this did have them meeting as strangers, and was in fact a joke--though I can't remember the circumstances now. Christmastime brings out the sap in me, however, so it turned all sweet and stuff. Glad you liked flirty Tara...I sure as hell do. :D Thanks![br]
Maru: When I was a kid in South Carolina, we passed this old abandoned gas station every time we went to visit my grandfather's (non-working) farm. It fascinated me, cause I always wondered who owned it, when it shut down (it had pumps from the 50s or 60s), why it was just sitting there rusting and getting overgrown with weeds. It was like a landmark for me, until the one day it wasn't there, and I missed it. I tried to keep that in mind when I was envisioning Red's, but the flip side...the one that refuses to close long after they maybe should. I'm glad it struck a chord, Mary...thank you.[br]
Sasha: I'm glad you liked it, Sasha. I didn't even really think of how Faith-like Tara might appear, since I of course knew they were just playing. That is a bit scary. I like the contrast between sexy/shy Tara, both of which sides she showed on the show. Being able to include both in a short fic was a treat, and necessary once I decided to go all sweet. The truck as a present was worked in after much of the rest was written, so it was never intended to be the big surprise. Honestly, Tara should have known the moment Willow said she wanted her to have her present. I'm glad the "saucy present-hunting" distracted the obviousness of it. Thanks![br]
Car: I did have a blast writing this, Car. I'm glad I changed topics too...though I'm setting a precendent here for being the group flake. I can't even remember why I jokingly pitched this idea, but I find it amusing that my off-the-cuff stories seem much more popular than the well thought out and planned ones (not that the other one was, just having a moment of righteous indignation ;) ). Thank you for your continued support throughout this series...I maybe could do it without you, but it wouldn't be as much fun. Thank you.[br]
Chris: I think you'll agree that writing sexy Tara is just not that frickin' hard. 1. Visualize Tara. 2. Write something. See what I mean? And geez Chris, you're the master, so thanks for the kind words. I had the idea for 4 of the "gold rings" being a brand, but it wasn't until most of it was done that the logo idea hit me. That image was so striking, I just had to steal---err---pay homage to your brilliance. :D [br]
Emmy: Awww...thank you, Emmy! :blush I really wanted to make them strangers, but that damn goofy sappy Xmas spirit wouldn't let me write a pwp. Maybe another time. As I told HoMary, my attempt at painting the scene in the beginning was directly inspired by your wonderful way of pulling the reader into the worlds you create. In short, you're one of my favorite writers, and it's a privilege to post with you.[br]
Puff: Thank you, Puff! I like them "playing strangers" better than "actual strangers" 'cause there's such a sense of naughtiness but with love and affection already present. The "Willow as a mechanic" image was inspired in no small part by the photo Chris used in the banner...yummy.[br]
Justin: I'm glad I had you going there for a while, Justin. When I posted the first draft to the group, several people asked "why is 'cool off' bolded?" I half expected that to give the game away, and considered changing it, but I liked the idea of Willow trying to rein in a full-on flirty Tara. Thanks, Justin.[br]
Watty:
Quote:
I soon got so engrossed at their mutual watching/drooling/baiting that I forgot these logical clues that you planted for us

YES! My evil plan of turning Kitten-brains to mushy smut-puddles through clever manipulation is a success! Now to unleash it on---oh damn, I just admitted my plan, didn't I? :|
Quote:
I'm wondering how the real Red appeared to be so oblivious to the obvious hot lesbian loving

He's very very nearsighted. Or possibly used to it, since they've become semi-regulars.
Quote:
what about thanking Willow in the newly acquired red pickup?

That will be in the sequel..."Tailgate Party: Strapped In." That was another joke. Please don't ask me to write that. I'm already blushing. Thanks, Watty![br]
SithLordWiccan: LMAO r.e. "mechanical minded smut." My dad wanted me to be an engineer...he'd be so proud! I loved being able to put in that nod to Gold, and am really delighted so many people commented on it, cause Chris deserves heaping buckets of praise. Thanks![br]
Blayne: I actually thought about having Tara pour a bottle of water down her chest, but the rest wouldn't have been written, 'cause Willow would have run out of the office and tackled her. Thanks again r.e. the Gold logo...there's probably numerous other, sexier products that deserve the image, but I was determined to use the most innocuous 'rings' I could, if only to throw people off. Thank you, Blayne.[br]
DarkWiccan: Thanks, DW, glad you liked it![br]
terra21: Thank you, T! One of these days I'm going to write a long, dark, angsty tragedy with almost no dialogue...but not as long as I keep getting praise for the funnies.
Quote:
I totally forgot that it was a xmas fic
LMAO. I was nervously kvetching to Car that I thought I needed to 'Christmas it up.' The one thing I added? The cactus with the tinsel on it. Happy desert holiday![br]

PostPosted: Tue Jan 10, 2006 7:34 pm 
19. Yummy Face

Cameron of the Gay wrote:
That will be in the sequel..."Tailgate Party: Strapped In." That was another joke. Please don't ask me to write that. I'm already blushing.

Oh now you HAVE to write it!!!!!

Frivolous Views

Last edited by GayNow on Mon Jul 16, 2012 8:14 am, edited 1 time in total.

PostPosted: Tue Jan 10, 2006 9:50 pm 
14. Lesbo Street Cred

Car wrote:
Cameron of the Gay wrote:
That will be in the sequel..."Tailgate Party: Strapped In." That was another joke. Please don't ask me to write that. I'm already blushing.

Oh now you HAVE to write it!!!!!

dude Cam, you have to do what Bruce says. And when has blushing stopped you from writing anything? C'mon! We want Tailgate Party. Please?[/groveling]

Last edited by watty on Mon Jul 16, 2012 8:14 am, edited 1 time in total.

PostPosted: Tue Jan 10, 2006 9:57 pm 
9. Gay Now

Shirt Lifter wrote:
dude Cam, you have to do what Bruce says.

Need I remind you that we aren't in prison, and I am not Bruce's bitch?

-Cam

Last edited by tarawhipped on Mon Jul 16, 2012 8:14 am, edited 1 time in total.

PostPosted: Wed Jan 11, 2006 6:15 pm 
4. Extra Flamey

Watty,

I realllllly think that this story needed a little more smut. I mean honestly could one more sex scene been that difficult to write? Geez.

For real doh, good smut writing. It was like we hit the ground running with smut, then we hit the bathroom with smut, then we made the mile high club with smut, then we had old house smut. I like stories with smut, smut and more smut.

Oh, and the rest was pretty good too. I'm fond of fics that show Willow and Tara settled into their relationship and doing normal couple-y things. Like airport bathroom sex for instance, completely normal.

Janna,

What a nice little story to wrap things up for the Fruitcake series. Leave it to Buffy to volunteer the scoobs for something without their permission. At least Tara got a trophy for using her angelic voice. Heehee.

I have to ask, was the 11 drummer band a shout out to "Highland Fling?"

t

PostPosted: Mon Jan 16, 2006 5:41 pm 
30. Sweaty and Kinda Gay

Hi everyone...here are my replies.

I just want to thank the Fruitcake gang for letting me be a part of such a wonderful project. It was so much fun!

If I missed anyone just PM me.

Henny,

Quote:
Whooo hoooo Em... it's great I will give you a full report on it later...PROMISE!!!

I’m still waiting on that full report, Missy! :lol

Sally,

Quote:
Let me try to string together some coherent thoughts here. I'll use Shylee stringing popcorn and dried cranberries together as my inspiration. First, the thing that made my jaw drop more than anything was Sheila's audacity in suggesting that Shylee come live with her full-time. It's emblematic of how out of touch she is. I wonder if she even comprehended the full import of just how inappropriate and offensive that suggestion was.

In Sunflowers Sheila was pretty much the quintessential no-show from the beginning. And although we never got to meet her in that fic, I’m sure pretty much everyone got the message that she was disagreeable and “out of touch” as you so eloquently stated. I really tried to bring Sheila across in this fic in a way that made it seem like she’d always been there…getting in the way and making outlandish demands…

Quote:
Even though we didn't get to see it, I gathered that Tara managed to defuse the situation, calm Willow down, and tell Sheila in a firm but polite way that that wouldn't work.

If you want my honest opinion…I don’t think it really matters what happened next. Sheila was never the point of the story…it was essentially about Tara’s inner journey…whether or not she told Sheila off (distraughtly or in a calm collected fashion) is irrelevant…the question is: At the end of the day what did Tara learn? What did she gain?

Quote:
This was beautiful - it had a dreamlike quality to it that had echoes of Moon, even though they were two very different stories. Tara is so contemplative. Shylee is a joy. The six geese were such a nice touch. Of course, Sal is my favorite goose. I'm glad that no one suggested cooking them up for Christmas dinner when Willow asked what they should do with all the geese in their barn.

Thank you, Sally. :x

Quote:
Just one little thing, young whippersnapper Miss Kitty…

Hehe…whippersnapper? I like that… :lol

Quote:
Tara's 35 in this story right? I hardly think that qualifies as middle aged, and I'm not just saying that because I'm 32. Ah, youth - it's wasted on the young

I knew I was going to get a tongue lashing for that…. Hehe (that’s why I left it in there) :lol

***********************************************************************************
Michelle

Quote:
What a wonderful tale. I loved the line about geese only speaking honk. Very funny. Your grown-up Wilow and Tara still radiate the love and completeness within each other that was a hallmark of their relationship on BTVS. But age has broght depth to them.

Thank you. What a wonderful compliment. :-D

Quote:
You evoked the true meaning of Christmas, that of being part of a family (whether biologic or chosen) and sharing love with that family. May we all received that gift this holiday season.

Amen to that sista :lol

*********************************************************************************
Debra,

Quote:
Great job on this story. I hadn't read your draft because I've been so busy so that means that I actually got to read a story on the board for the first time.

Thank you. And I think reading things on the board first most fun way to do it anyway. :glasses

Quote:
And what a treat. I love that the story is so incredibly packed. There are so many themes here. There's the love of W/T for each other and for their child and the way that the house stands for things that come between them. There's the overwhelming theme of believing in what you can't see. I mean isn't that the entire meaning of faith? Yes, the entire meaning. It's so obvious that Tara believes in much more than she can see and to her credit. I'm glad that she found the letter and the ornaments. It was quite a beautiful addition to the story and really created some closure with her father. Of course closure with her mother-in-law is another story.

I didn’t even realize all the themes I had running through it until I had read over the final draft for the third time. :lol

Quote:
Actually I'm a little jealous that Tara gets to call her mother-in-law Sheila. I'm not kidding you when I say that after over 6 years, I still don't have any clue what to call my in-laws. No one has ever said "call me ..." or "call me ...." My wife says she doesn't know what to tell me. I spent about 5 years just not ever addressing them directly unless they were looking at me, either that or speaking to Rachel: "I think it's your mom's lead..." (when playing 42). About a year ago I started combining that technique with tossing in the word mom on a very rare basis. I have no idea.

I guess I’m a little late to add my sympathies for this part…because I think I read that this issue with your mother in-law has been cleared up. Though I can say that I’ve been there too with my “mother in-law” but only because I’m never sure about things like that…I still feel uncomfortable addressing her directly in any way…and I’ve pulled the “Honey, it’s your mom’s turn” too.

Quote:
Great story.

As always, Debra…Thank you.

*************************************************************************************
Mary

Quote:
What incredible pictures you paint...You are one of the most evocative writers I've read on this board. You also cover the range of senses well: it's easy to focus on sights, sometimes sounds, but you give us the olfactory and the tactile and even the gustatory. You just invite the reader to dwell in the scene you create, and it works wonderfully.

Thank you. :blush

Quote:
I love stories w/ a touch of the otherworldly, and this was a delightful example thereof. The image of Tara, alone at the house and sensing her father's presence, was just so remarkably well done. I could feel myself in the attic w/ her (and wouldn't we all like to be in the attic w/ Tara?) when she was searching for the stars and her father led her to the picture. You gave such a fantastic image of the footsteps that she could....almost...see...

Oh I do too. I love the idea of ghosts...it's so frightening and exciting. :-D

Quote:
And the letter--that was really well done, Ems. It wasn't overstated or overwrought--it just held the melancholy of a man looking back on his life and knowing that he ended up so far away from where he wanted to be. He can still see that road, but he feels helpless to get there.

Thank you so much. I had worried when writing it that I wouldn’t be able to make the letter believable…I didn’t want it to sound out-of-place or sappy.

Quote:
Now, about Sheila. Would you ask her to come over here? Just for a minute? Great--I'm gonna bitch-slap her for a few....OK, I'm back. That arrogant, presumptuous bitch! I like, though, that you didn't give a tidy wrap-up. This is way too complicated for that. Instead, Tara has a newfound sense of hope that she can manage it, that perhaps there is a peace to be found.

Ooooo such violence! Naughty, but understandable. Sheila wasn’t very lovable in this fic.

Quote:
The whole story was so evocative, Emmy...I just wish I could have seen it better. At 42, my eyes are those of a geriatric geezer whose best years are behind her. 35 is middle-aged? Don't make me come down there, young lady...

Hahaha! I so knew it would be a sensitive subject…that’s why I left it in there.

Quote:
Emmy, you clearly put a lot of thought and energy into this. You crafted an excellent story. Well done!

Thank you, so much. :x

Jeanne

Quote:
I've been having computer problems for the past few days, but I was so desperate to read you story that I've stayed up into the wee small hours of the morning waiting for my comp to work long enough for me to read & reply to your wonderful Christmas-y magical creation.

Awww…is your computer okay now? And how sweet are you for braving the wee hours of the morning just to read my fic!

Quote:
Okay, practically everyone else has already said it, but, I have to agree - WOW!

Thank you… :blush

Quote:
Emms, you've outdone yourself, I need to completely revise my definition of the word magical.
Winter Harvest is the most moving, beautiful, amazing, magical story I have ever had the pleasure of reading.
I have no words sweetie... it was beautiful & breathtaking and I thank you, from the bottom of my heart, for sharing it.

No…thank you, sweetie, for leaving such lovely feedback. You are one of my favorite writers and I appreciate your kind words so much.

Caz

Quote:
Emms - Nice one! I always feel sorry for Tara, knowing how much her father despised her. It's nice to read a story where she finds out that her Dad did love her. Having him watch over her was so sweet.

Thank you so much. I’m glad you liked the story.

Sasha

Quote:
This was simply a beautiful story, it gave me chills (in a good way!). The whole atmosphere of it was so wintery, and seemed to have that 'it's cold outside but I feel warm inside' feeling that you get when you've got a hot waterbottle on a really cold night, which is my favourite time of year. And as a huge animal lover myself, Tara as a vet was greatly appealling to me! I just loved this, such a calm, healing thing to read.

Oh good, sweetie, I’m glad you liked the story. It was strange to be caught in another winter fic so soon after my contribution to Elemental…I was surprised that I could summon any imagery that was even slightly different from Moon…LOL I had thought I was pretty tapped out…

Thank you so much for leaving feedback!

Cyd,

Quote:
I've been slacking on my reading a bit the last few days and now I'm sorry for such an injustice. This is fine work. As usual, your atmosphere and unique phrasing were delightful and my favorite part. I like the extra sensory presence in this one. I also like that there is closure for Tara's relationship with her father but it is a realistic sort of bittersweet one. Nice how you worked the geese in there...I would have suspected that to be a sore thumb but it was actually quite enjoyable.

There's no such thing as slacking...it's called healthy time-management, and I implement it frequently. hehe. I haven't even finished feedbacking all the stories yet....so If you want to point the slacker-finger...it might as well be pointed at me.

Quote:
Finally...way to rile up our 'seasoned' compatriots with that middle age remark, Emms!

I KNOW! :lol It was fun, too!

Carleen,

Quote:
I'm so glad you decided to write a follow up story to Catching Sunflowers in Bloom. It's such a memorable story and it's wonderful to experience more of that world.

Thanks Carleen. I wasn't so sure when I started this fic that it would get such a wonderful response. But I guess everyone wasn't bugged too much in revisiting Sunflowers. :-D

Quote:
I especially like that Tara was finally able to come to terms with her father and that, in doing so, she's able to find some sort of inner peace regarding her relationship with Sheila. The way you handled it is so subtle. Of course, that's what you're good at -- setting up a beautiful scene and then just letting it flow naturally. Awesome, Emmy. Thank you so much for sharing this.

I thought Tara deserved some sort of resolution regarding her father. I'm glad I was able to write that, here.

Chris,

Quote:
Well, what can I say? You had no trouble at all recapturing the 'Sunflowers' spirit - the mixture of magic and real-life where one seems to heighten the other. The real world is so much more intense thanks to the lyrical way you paint it, and the magical elements so powerful, as they happen in such a realistic setting. The early passage where Tara thought back on the possible haunting activity while Willow was away had me riveted - way to take what's sadly become all too cliche nowadays, a ghost with unfinished business - and make it seem as fresh and new as if it had never been done before

Thank you. I love ghost stories so the opportunity to turn this into one was too good to pass up.

Quote:
As for Sheila... well, I like how you don't just paint her as 'antagonist', she's a person with good and bad points, but Shylee living with her instead of Willow and Tara? Don't think so - her entry to the story, where she let loose all the exuberance she'd kept contained while she stayed with her grandparents, pretty much said everything that needs to be said about what environment she'll be happiest growing up in. And what's wrong with having a goose wander through the kitchen? It's not like geese carry the black plague or something. I do think there may be something to Tara's goose world domination theory though - but in that case, it's good for Shylee to befriend the geese now, so they'll no doubt put her in a position of comfort and authority once the geesocracy takes over

LOL! I do hope so Chris…I do hope so. I think you’re right about Shylee…the story left no doubt where she belonged. I don’t think that was ever really a question either…Sheila’s concern was completely unfounded and her suggestion that Shylee come and live with her was preposterous.

Quote:
Tara's father is a really complex figure, even moreso it seemed to me than in 'Sunflowers' - but then, I suppose dying probably lends you a new perspective on things. I'm glad Tara discovered that he did have some good moments, even if he never managed to express them - regardless of how he treated her, she's his daughter, and I can imagine how upsetting it would be for her to be unable to believe that he loved her as his child, in some way.

I never did go into Tara’s father too much in Sunflowers…which I don’t really regret because that story was more about Willow and Tara than anything else…but it was nice to be able to bring some more dimensions to him now.

Puff

Quote:
I loved Sunflowers in Bloom so it was lovely to read an addition to the story. Kind of spooky though. Oh and Mrs Rosenberg needs to be bitch slapped into next week. Shylee is a cute pie and what a wonderful use of the required elements Santa Goose hee hee.

Hehe….yes, I think we all agree that Sheila needs a good punch in the balls.

Thank you so much for leaving feedback. And I’m so happy to know that you liked Sunflowers!
Justin

Quote:
I hadn't read CSIB till we started this collaboration, so I just quickly want to say I really enjoyed that story.

Thank you.

Quote:
This story is the perfect continuation to that. I like the way that Tara is able to reconnect with herr father and regain hope that he hadn't always been the uncaring man she knew at the end.

Thank you, again. When I finished Sunflowers I knew I wanted to revisit it at some point. The back story between Tara and her father was never discussed in the larger story so I thought it would be fun to write it now.

Quote:
I have to say a big bah humbug to Sheila though. I find her reasons for wanting to take Shylee away a little suspect. I mean there have been people before who grew up on a farm, and without growing up to become an axe murder or, which is worse, a republican. So was it really that she was upset about there being livestock in the kitchen or did she not want Shylee being raised by two women? Anyway I'm sure Tara was able to dissuade her from persuing it further.

As for Sheila, I think it was that she was just being disagreeable and wanting things to be done her own way.

Quote:
I have to admit that when I read that my first thought was, 'roasting in a nice white wine sauce'

LOL!

Quote:
I also liked the idea of the geese plotting world domination. I always knew geese were up to something.

They did seem smart didn’t they? Like they were up to no good…hehehe

Watty!

Quote:
Last thing I want to do is to start comparing the 12 stories and saying which one is the “funniest”, “sweetest”, “most epic” etc etc. But I will, just this once, because I feel that Winter Harvest is the most powerful of the stories. I think the others in the group won’t mind me saying that. You continued with the themes you painted in Sunflowers so well. Detailed and realistic descriptions are what we expect from you and you certainly didn’t disappoint. I have come to the conclusion that it’s your artist’s eye that makes your writing so pleasurable to read. It is almost like looking at a painting.

Thank you. Though…most powerful?… I don’t know… *mumbled sounds of humility*

Quote:
Nice to see that even though they’ve been together that number of years, they still can’t stand prolonged separation. Sometimes a relationship fades when you spend too much time apart; or you develop habits that are not couple-y; or you get out of sync. Sigh, I’ll stop projecting now.

Coming together was sort of the theme in Sunflowers… I thought it would be nice to continue that in this fic, showing that they still had trouble spending time apart.

Quote:
This Sunflowerverse Tara is one who, as she admits to herself, can be clingy. She seems to need the reassurance of her family. Perhaps it’s her history with her father, her brother running away, but it also manifests in her need to gain Sheila’s approval. But I like seeing these insecurities evaporate when she thought of Willow and Willow wearing a cardigan that held meaning for them.

I think we all can relate to that on sum level. Sometimes it’s the smallest of things that brings life into perspective.

Quote:
I said in fb for Sally that I don’t believe that love alone conquers all. What you have shown us, is love and communication and working on the relationship – those combine to make the relationship work.

Beautifully spoken, Watson.

Quote:
I’m not the most emotional person when it comes to reading fanfic (only a tiny handful of fics have ever made me cry) but when it became clear that it was Tara’s dad haunting her, a very noticeable tingle crept up my spine. If I were Tara, being alone in the farm, with a... I’d freak out.

I absolutely love your writing, Watson…you are they type of writer that can create so much emotion in your readers (me included) so for you to tingle from something I’ve written makes me all swoony.

Quote:
And the way you used smell, as opposed to sound or sighting, to suggest an otherworldly presence, that was so inspired. Smell is more subjective, but it’s also something we cannot avoid. We can close our eyes, use earplugs but smell is beyond our control. I am very happy that Tara’s dad made the redemption effort even in death.

I wanted to focus on smell, because it’s one of our most powerful memory inducers. It’s so hardwired into our psyches that it can take a person back in time into the deepest recesses of our memories.

Quote:
Oh, Shylee. Love how you smoothly added her in. No need to introduce her, she is such a part of their lives that it’s natural for her to be included. No backstory, but we don’t need it, not at this point. In a way, I’m not surprised she can see her grandpa and Santa, children are more sensitive than us after all.

I actually introduced her in the epilogue for Sunflowers…I was just too lazy to reintroduce her. Hehe.

SithLordWiccan

Quote:
I can really lump this in the same category that I put Sally and justin's fics. Angsty to the point of , yet with an ending that just can't make me sad. And of course, I had to go print "Catching Sunflowers in Bloom" to catch up, and found it much the same. Thanks for exposing me to one of my top ten W/T fics.

I feel quite honored to be lumped into a category with Sally and Justin. Thank you for taking the time to read Winter Harvest and of course for taking the time to print Sunflowers.

Meretricious

Quote:
i really loved the whole mood you set here. on one hand, you have the everday type dealing with family issues, and then you have the supernatural more spine tingly way of dealing with family issues. the idea of getting closure from beyond the grave with a difficult family member definitely resonates for me, but i doubt i would handle it as well as tara did.

Sunflowers always had a touch of the metaphysical so I thought the whole “ghost” theme fit in, here.

Quote:
agree with everyone that sheila needs a good bitchslapping, preferably with that pecan log. and willow saying "it takes mom a while to adjust to things...it's because she doesn't understand about stuff", could ya vague that up a little willow? such a realistic nonexplanation. i really enjoyed this emms.

Thank you, sweetie. LOL about the bitch-slapping…I think there were a few other people here that felt that same way. I wouldn’t want to be Sheila right about now. LOL

Thank you for leaving feedback!

Taralicious

Quote:
This was a heartwarming and poignant continuation of CSIB and the by-product is that it inspires me to go back and reread that story again to fill in the gaps in my aging memory of what transpired.

Aww, that’s sweet.

Quote:
As adults we bear the scars of our childhoods and keep them close to us allowing to unconsciously affect our relationships with other adults.
Children are innocent of this and have faith in the intangible, hence they have immediate acceptance of the existence of otherwordly spectral forces such as ghosts or Santa Claus.

Wow, that’s exactly where I was coming from by having Shylee be the one that could actually see Tara’s father…and then Santa at the end. Thanks for leaving feedback!
*********************************************************************************
DW

Quote:
I want to kill Sheila. Otherwise... very sweet. Sometimes all you need to know is that the person you want to prove yourself to the most did think about you.. and better yet, loved you. Of course, you already know this... since you wrote it

I don’t know…I think kill might be a little harsh when a good kick in the pants would suffice Hehe…but I know what you mean. Thank you for leaving feedback!

Cam,

Quote:
As always, Emmy, you create such a vivid portrait from the get-go that I fall right into the scene. The holidays can be such a stressful time, especially with family...even more so with family like the devil woman--I mean Sheila. I love that both you and Sally tacked the emotionally intense issues, but in such different ways. Whereas hers was grittily real and painfully angsty, yours delved into the mystical and magical that embodies the Christmas spirit. Both were simply beautiful.

Thank you so much. I’m glad you enjoyed the story. I thought my story should show a bit of dysfunction since I was the one whining for angsty stuff when the elements were being assigned. hehe

Terra,

Quote:
Emmy, you do such a wonderful job of paying attention to details...

Yep…that’s my mission statement. Hehe. Thank you. :x

Quote:
This story kept lulling me into a melancholy state. I just wanted to curl up with it and go to sleep.

Was that a good thing…or a bad thing? :eyebrow

Quote:
I particularly liked the exchange between W/T about the intentions of the geese. LMAO.

Thank you. The geese were kinda the highlight of the story for me. hehe :lol

Quote:
Shylee - Too cute.
Shelia - Too uptight.
Santa Claus - I've known all along that he was real!

Or is he….? :eyebrow

PostPosted: Mon Jan 16, 2006 8:54 pm 
18. Breast Gal

Topics: 4
Memo to Starfleet Command Mission Review Committee, re: opinions on mission logs of USS Palomino:

Firstly a general announcement: I do have a whole 'mini-season' (ten episodes) worked out for the Palomino and her crew. It's not scheduled at present, but I thought I'd let you all know that further adventures are definitely planned, and will be told eventually. This story happens roughly half-way through the series.

Also, go check out CaptMurdock's 'Equilibration' (complete) and 'Fearful Symmetry' (in progress), from which I got the idea to do a W/T Trek fic.

Sally: Thanks. And seeing as you mentioned it, I have to give a big thank-you to Elvis, and the other Fruitcake writers who suggested a bit more exposition on the new characters, and the setting in general. Those 'well-placed and well-written sentences' (thanks!) came about because of those comments on the first draft. As to it being a 'pilot', it was, kind of... and it's an odd situation, in that there will eventually be an actual pilot episode introducing everyone, as well as more stories set before this one. I tried to introduce everyone well enough for this story to work, without making it so that the 'prequel' stories won't have any surprises in them.

Aine: Thanks :)

Caz: Thanks, I was really attached to the diary idea. In fact, it took a long time to figure out something for Tara to give Willow that wouldn't seem trivial in comparison. I liked the pudding, in the end (I love Christmas pudding), though I have to give credit to the 'Just Between' series (outstanding Janeway/Seven stories) for the idea of 'home cooked' food.

Mary: Thank you. I'm really pleased that non-Trekkies enjoyed this (though I admit I had a lot of fun putting in stuff for the hardcore Trekkies like myself to find). Jack is definitely yum material - one of the first things I did coming up with this was to 'cast' everyone, and Jack is of course Angelina Jolie-as-Lara Croft.

(For the others: Nite is Michael Shanks - Daniel Jackson of Stargate SG1, Jem is Joan Cusack, Nurse is Natalie Portman, and Avria is Hudson Leick. One, as a Bynar, didn't need casting as he's pretty much the same as the Bynars we saw in TNG.)

Sasha: Thanks :)

Carleen: Thanks. I think Jem will be my favourite character, of the non-Willow-and-Tara variety. I've always wanted to see a Vulcan who was interested in emotion, rather than (rather illogically, it's always seemed to me) repelled by it. Plus I wanted to refute the 'Enterprise' assumption that Vulcan = jerk. I'm glad you believed Willow and Tara in their new roles - Willow as a science ship captain wasn't too much of a stretch, but I was nervous about putting Tara in such a technological environment - she's such a 'natural world' character that to put her on a starship, and more than that to have her be born on a starship and live her whole life in space, was a challenge. I think that could probably only work in Star Trek, where ships are portrayed as being so much about their crew and 'community', rather than the technology involved.

Cyd: Thanks - yes, striking the balance between W/T and the nature of Trek's ensemble casts was one of the things that kept me up late at nights. I worried at times that it was too much about Willow and Tara, separately, and not enough about them in relation to each other, but luckily I think that worked itself out - even apart, they spend half their time thinking about each other :)

Elvis: Thank you, especially for suggesting the 'intro text'. And I'm glad you liked how the Ferengi story played out - I didn't want it to seem inconsequential, but of course the point of the story as a whole was W/T, not Brunt FCA (who, for the non-Trekkies, was a long-running antagonist on DS9, back before the Ferengi reformation when 'FCA' meant Ferengi Commerce Authority - he was basically the IRS man from hell). They are full-time jobs, which is why I wanted to get the conversation between Tara and Jack in, about what it would mean to be in love with a captain - that's something I hope to be covering in much more detail one day.

Puff: Thanks. And yes, I do want to write more - the only trouble is, I want to write more of everything. But the further adventures of Captain Willow and crew will no doubt show up somewhere along the line.

Justin: Thank you. I think there's probably more than a few crewmen and women who'd like to be under Captain Willow - they say everyone falls in love with their Captain a little bit, plus she'd look real cute in the uniform. Fear not, no Borg voles - I'll only bring the Borg into this if I come up with a really good idea, given how overused they've been. Willow wrapped in a bow is something I may have to revisit though :)

Watty-boss: Thanks. Jack is somewhat Faith-ish - she's Faith as a soldier, with her wild side very much under control and chanelled into duty and discipline (not that kind of discipline). I like the idea of her and Tara being close friends, and that coming very much out of mutual respect - I think it says something about Tara's inner strength that someone like Jack, a soldier, respects her, even though she (Tara) seems so placid and contemplative on the surface. I think Jack recognises that, in a crisis, Tara would fight as hard as anyone.

I like the idea of Willow confiding in Nurse - Willow is exactly the kind of person who wouldn't be put off by the technological nature of a hologram at all. Plus I think every Captain needs someone who can tell them when they're being an idiot - Kirk had Spock and McCoy, Sisko had Dax, Janeway (until the PTB got nervous about subtext) had Seven... Picard was a bit of an exception, in that he was almost never an idiot, but I like the more human, flawed characters.

SithLordWiccan: Thanks. I know, it was strange to be going back to writing nothing spicier than a kiss, after all the smut of recent times. But I liked it nonetheless - and I think it works better with Trek to dwell more on the characters than on highly detailed smut. There will be hot gay love eventually, and I won't be skipping over it, but I don't think this series will ever go into as much loving detail as, for example, Smut Bunnies or Hellebore concerning W/T's bedtime antics. Though I fully admit I had fun with the more casual smuttiness like Jack getting all hot and sweaty (and naked, changing into her gym clothes, though I didn't draw attention to it).

Emms: Thanks. There were a lot of Trekkie references (self-sealing stem bolts and so on); I really like dropping W/T in different settings and seeing what happens. Besides, the twelve days of Christmas makes little enough sense as it is - what the heck (apart from an inconsiderate sex toy provider) are lords a' leaping, and who ever got them for Christmas? I did take the opportunity to slip into that song a tiny hint at future plot developments, but it's really subtle, so probably not even the Trekkies would notice. I just like doing stuff like that :lol

Marytricious: Thank you. There is a large cast around W/T, yes - I tried to sort it all out in terms of relationships, so everyone's connected (unlike, for example, Stargate Atlantis where there's character cliques that don't mix, which irks me). So there's Nite and Nurse who work primarily in conjunction with Willow, Jack and Jem who are with Tara - Nite and Jem are also with each other, of course, nervously - and One and Avria are kind of second-tier, mainly there to do their jobs and provide exposition and/or humour as necessary. The 'sentient tree' thing was just a throwaway line (I was just casting about for something sci-fi that ended in 'tree' for the song), but I also had in mind Farscape and Doctor Who, both of which have had (very attractive) characters who are flora rather than fauna. I'm sure there's some around the Star Trek universe somewhere.

Taralicious: Thanks. Yep, definitely not Berman at work. In fact, this (with the exception of W/T) is what I'd have liked to see as the new Trek, instead of Enterprise - a smaller ship on a more conventional mission of exploration, with the focus on relationships rather than individual characters (and the occasional romance with a guest star). Re: Jem, yes, I had fun flustering Jack - that's probably the only time you'll ever see her hesitate, but with good reason there :eyebrow

DW: Thanks. Actually (just to be all Trekkie about it) the uniforms are the late-DS9-era, with they grey-shouldered jackets. Not quite as cute as the old TNG one-piece uniforms - but then again it's Willow and Tara, they can be cute in anything (and personally, I think Joan Cusack adds a lot of cute, too).

Terra: Thank you. Yes, love Galaxy Quest - when the captain told Brandon that it was all real and he was "Oh my god I knew it!" I thought yep, that's me :blush The Ferengi are fun to hate (though like you, I adore the way they say "Hew-mon"), especially Brunt. Tara's little dance, oddly enough, I borrowed from a comic about a skunk :D (Sabrina Online, for anyone who wants to look it up - one of the early ones, where she gets her internet connection working). I like showing Tara being a little bubbly and fun now and then, in contrast to her usual calm. If I ever find out where you can get a holographic system, I'll let you know (right after I get one).

Cam: Thanks, and yes, continuation is in the works, one day. Hopefully it'll continue in the same spirit - there'll be much more development of the other characters, with each other as well as with Willow or Tara, but I hope W/T will continue to serve as the foundation of the series. Character concerns aside, there's no two people more central to the running of a ship than the Captain and Ops - the former makes all the big decisions, and the latter is the coordinator in a crew of specialists, involved in everything here and there.

And finally to everyone else who read, on behalf of my fellow Fruitcakers, thanks. Be assured, we're not resting on our laurels (for one thing, laurel leaves a kind of spiky, and not at all comfortable).

PostPosted: Fri Jan 20, 2006 7:53 am 
10. Troll Hammer

hiya great writers of one of the most enjoyable series i've read... i might not be able to have much time to leave individual feedbacks, but i still wanted to post something if albeit short. i just wanted to thank you for your love and dedication to create something as wonderful as this series. i really had a great time going through each of your creations... each one different from each other as night is to day and yet the theme universally the same... the love between our beloved couple and of course christmas!

i am not a person who is ever eloquent at voicing out emotions running sometimes amuck inside, so please bear with me... i just wanted to voice my appreciation of this fantastic series... it started as a simple christmas fic challenge that spiraled into something more than just that... it challenged the writer in you to recreate the passion between our favorite couple that in turn kindled the WT flame burning within all of us kittens... a flame big enough to inspire some minds to create something to showcase to the world... a flame big enough that others who have never been or just been introduced to it feel the warmth of that love and become passionate to it as well... and a flame big enough to stoke the dying embers in some hearts... the show has been over for a long while now, but the WT passion is still alive and kicking thanks to wonderful writers such as yourselves who keep it that way... and as long as there are writers who write about WT, there will always be readers who will want to read and experience them over and over again... and for people like me to whom reading is both a passion and an outlet, that is something to be eternally grateful for... so again, thank you!

okay... i hope i made some sense hehe... anyways... i'm looking forward to more collaborations.. again congratulations for a job well done! :clap :clap :clap

PostPosted: Sun Jan 22, 2006 6:39 am 
32. Kisses and Gay Love

Cecile - It definitely makes sense and is quite beautiful and eloquent. You're so very welcome from all of us. It's our pleasure (literally).

PostPosted: Mon Jan 30, 2006 9:21 pm 
19. Yummy Face

Let me begin by saying thank you to all of the wonderful members of the Fruitcake group. I appreciate you allowing me to join as an author for this project. I'm not sure how readily you'll be willing to do that again, but I thank you for this opportunity. I've learned quite a bit about writing, reading and group dynamics from each of you. Thank you for the experience.

Hey, watty...did you ever think our 'little collaboration project' would come this far? I sure didn't. But I'm glad it did.

SallyMcFine
[blockquote]Thanks so much for your enthusiastic feedback, Sally. I’m so glad you enjoyed my little (!!!) tale. I think Little Sally was the perfect mini warrior princess. And, honestly, I never consciously planned on Buffy and Parker being Little Sally’s parents—it just came out of my pen that way. Thanks, Sally…your encouragement throughout this project has been much appreciated.[/blockquote]

caz
[blockquote]Thanks for your kind words. I’m so glad you enjoyed it.[/blockquote]

AntigoneUnbound
[blockquote]I have to begin this reply by giving you a HUGE shout of thanks. You kept me sane, my friend. For that I am truly grateful. (Really makes you feel sorry for watty, huh?) This was my first foray into writing anything even remotely resembling smut. Thanks you so much for taking my request to ‘tear it up’ to heart – you really made me think about what I was writing and how I was writing it.

I had a lot of fun writing the kids. You and the rest of the Fruitcakes gave me great material to work with – once the images were in my head, they came out of my pen pretty easily. And while I’m glad you can now die happy, please don’t. You have a sequel to write. ;)

Thanks again, Mary![/blockquote]

Skeeter451
[blockquote]Thank you for hosting us, Susan. We are honored.[/blockquote]

mole
[blockquote]Thanks for your very kind words, Michelle. I’m so glad you liked the story. I’m especially glad the physical stuff worked for you (and, btw, you picked one of my favorite parts). That was the hard stuff to write. Ask watty and Mary – I really struggled. Again, thank you so much.[/blockquote]

Artemis
[blockquote]I kinda figured you’d have a Troi, though I admit I’m surprised that you have two Barbies – one, yes, but two, not so much. Of course, this only makes me wonder what you do with them, Chris. :lmao

Thanks for your support, Chris. I was awfully nervous when I found out I had to follow you. But you and the rest of the group made me feel worthy. Thanks, friend.[/blockquote]

hermitfish
[blockquote]Such kind words from one of my favorite authors. I swoon! Thank you so much for your support throughout this project, Cyd. While you may not have a fixation with wood, you certainly do handle it well (!!). I’m just glad I was able to use your Elemental and Fruitcake fics when writing Cyd-let. :) [/blockquote]

Puff
[blockquote]Thanks so much. I’m glad you got a chuckle out of my humble offering.[/blockquote]

justin
[blockquote]A barrel of monkeys, while amusing, isn’t appropriate for all situations. So glad there was a bit of lesson learning going on. ;) Thanks for your kind words, justin![/blockquote]

Sasha and lollipopgirl
[blockquote]Glad you both enjoyed the series. We enjoyed writing it. Thank you so much for reading.[/blockquote]

spells42
[blockquote]Thanks for keeping up with the series, Anne…despite your busy schedule. Finding the time to write can be difficult. Of course, we started this project back in September, so we tried to give ourselves plenty of time. Still never seems like enough though. Glad you enjoyed our offerings.[/blockquote]

watson
[blockquote]Okay, of the 13 pages of feedback I printed out, yours alone was 6 pages long. And people say I’m verbose! :P

As always, wattybutt, you’ve been my rock throughout this project (even if you did leave me for two weeks to frolic in NZ). Thanks so much for your unending support.

The kids were a blast to write – particularly Little watty with her duckie sweater. Honestly, you did it to yourself – you gave me far too much information to work with. :lol

It was a long process, and I pulled my hair out a lot at the end, but it was worth it. Thanks for your support, encouragement and friendship, wattybutt.[/blockquote]

SithLordWiccan
[blockquote]Thanks for your kind words and for keeping up with the series. It’s greatly appreciated.[/blockquote]

Nika
[blockquote]Thanks so much. We’re glad you’ve enjoyed it. [/blockquote]

JustSkipIt
[blockquote]As soon as the idea to use the group as the kids hit me, there was no turning back. And if you think this story is long, you should have seen the stuff that was cut from the outline! Thank you for your feedback and encouragement throughout the project, Deb. I appreciate it. :)[/blockquote]

meretricious
[blockquote]Yay! Someone who is happy with my choice for parent! **smirks at Emmy** I’m so glad you liked it, Maru. You know, that is my continual image of Chris – even Adult Chris. So I thought it was appropriate. :P And, Maru, there’s always energy for W/T lovin’! :D Thanks, Maru![/blockquote]

taralicious
[blockquote]Thanks, Blayne! I’m glad you enjoyed reading about the kids. They’re cute, aren’t they? I wish I had a buffet like that around too![/blockquote]

DarkWiccan
[blockquote]Fortunately for Tara, she had Willow with her. So she got to enjoy the time spent with her lovable redhead. That’s enough to keep away the headache. :) Thanks for your nice comments, DW. I appreciate it![/blockquote]

tarawhipped
[blockquote]I’m so glad you liked your cameo, Cam. You know, I honestly didn’t realize the Oz/Jonathan height thing until watty pointed it out to me. So, it wasn’t a conscious pairing. But it’s cute. :P

Thanks for your support and friendship, Cam. You’ve been a big part of getting me through these projects. So, yeah, thanks buddy.[/blockquote]

terra21
[blockquote]Thank you for laughing at ‘symmitricycle’! I thought I was the only person who found that amusing. Thanks for your feedback and continual encouragement, T.[/blockquote]

tarebear
[blockquote]I think what you said is quite eloquent. And I thank you for your dedication to the series and your lovely sentiments. We’re so glad we could bring this bit of pleasure to you and the rest of the Kittens. Thank you, Cecile.[/blockquote]

Frivolous Views

PostPosted: Fri Feb 03, 2006 1:09 pm 
6. Sassy Eggs

Okay, I guess, I'm a little (*cough*) late, but I read this just now and to encourage further co-work/story-writing - projects (hint hint) I'll leave feedback nonetheless. (And of course because the storys are just great!!!)

I'll start at the start...

SallyMcFine:

Wow! Awesome story! And sooo realistic. You really hit the nail right on the head. The angst is so real because everyone knows this kind of trouble, it's what happens to everyone from time to time.

But I'm really happy that our two favourite girls found a way to solve the situation, at least it's a stort in the right direction.

Thanks for sharing!!!

hermitsfish:

OMG!!! I was laughing sooo hard. This was just hilarious...

Quote:
“Honey…there’s only one band of villains maniacal enough to use genetics for evil,” Tara deduced aloud, which was very helpful for Willow.

“McDonald’s?”

And the names and the powers and the robot with the titt-rubbing...

INSANE!!! Really! I loved it!

Debra

First: Your new ashvatar is soo cute. I guess it isn't that new, but I wasn't on the board as much as I wanted to.

Second: your story is so awesome. I like the point of view. Them all beeing friends at a young age. I especially like your Faith ( *sigh* I have a thing for Faith). She's trouble, as always I guess, but she has the best intentions.

And the end, you know Willow and Tara talking. The "I imagnie you and me together" in such an innocent way. It's just cute and warm and fluffy and ... sigh it's just right!

Thank you!

That were the first three. More feedback tomorrow (or maybe sunday).

Insanity

PostPosted: Sat Feb 04, 2006 12:59 pm 
32. Kisses and Gay Love

Insanity - Thanks so much. Don't worry about the better late part; at least the story is staying in people's minds for a while. I'm glad you like the point of view and like Faith. I love her as I think I've said a few times before. Yes, all with the cuteness of just thinking of W/T talking late. Thanks.

PostPosted: Sat Feb 04, 2006 1:09 pm 
17. Mega-Witches

Insanity

Thank you! It was realistic all right, maybe a little too realistic. But I really wanted to capture WT in real life at that point, to document how the holidays could help them get back to themselves and their relationship. Thanks for reading - very much appreciated.

PostPosted: Sat Feb 04, 2006 3:08 pm 
6. Sassy Eggs

justin:

There were so many lines that were just great. With the right amount of humour…

Quote:
"Me too," Tara said. "As long as you mean the fact they don't seem to be able to get along and you're not going to suggest a foursome."

Buffy looked shocked for a moment before saying, "Oh this is more of that spicy talk, right?"

"Am I getting better?" Tara asked, looking hopeful.

"I'd stick to being all empathic and knowledgey if I were you. Anyway what are we going to do about our girlfriends. Having them not get along is really causing a strain."

Quote:
Suddenly a light bulb went on above Tara's head. Tara stepped back, looking up in surprise.

"Oh yeah, that light's been playing up for a while now," Buffy explained. "I really need to get the wiring checked on it."

"Well anyway I've got a plan," Tara said.

This cracked me up. It was so funny.

Quote:
When Willow had left Tara whispered to herself, "The perfect crime."

Willow poked her head back in, "Did you say something?"

Tara assumed an expression of angelic innocence as she said, "I just said, I love you."

And I really liked how you put pieces of plot from different storys in this one *g*. It was like meeting old friends!

AND THIS:
Quote:
"If y'all don't mind me saying, y'all seem rather sad."

Quote:
"Well thanks for listening, um..." Tara read the waitress's name tag before saying, "Elvis?"
*ROFL*

HILARIOUS!!!!!

tarawhipped:

Okay, I laughed for the first time at your summary:

Quote:
It’ll spoil the surprise, and if Elvis doesn’t have to write one, I’m not writing one either! So there.

Quote:
her work momentarily forgotten as she lingered over the swell of the shapely chest well displayed by a snug white tank top.

Well, can you blame her????

Quote:
“Satisfaction guaranteed, huh? I’ll take that offer.”
*ggg* need I say more??

And the hole red-truck-surpise-thingy, just wonderful!

I enjoyed reading very much. Some unexpected twists here!

Emms:

Wow. I love „sunflowers“. And now reading kind of a sequel is a really good feeling. So, Tara and Willow have a daughter. And Sheila is still her old self. Demanding Shylee should live with her… Ts, what a better place to grow up then a farm?

But I’m really glad to see, that Tara’s father did love her. In his own way. It was a wonderfull story!

But I have to chime in in the “middle-aged-choir”! 35 soooo isn’t middle aged!!!

Artemis:

Ah ! Another wonderful Tara/Willow – Star Trek Crossover. I love Star Trek, but I really don’t know what the pipes and stripes and stars and what ever means. The more the better, but else?? No idea.

Quote:
"My- oh," Christie glanced down at herself, noticing how the sweat she had worked up was making her singlet top somewhat clingy in certain prominent areas. "She... the Captain isn't... 'interested', in me, is she?"

"I do not believe so," T'Jem shook her head. "But she is homosexual, thus liable to be affected by aesthetically-pleasing displays from humanoid women in general, and you are both attractive in general, and visually arousing at present."

One of the reasons I love Vulcans or holograms or Seven *g*, they’re so naïve and not, and straight to the point….

Quote:
"What did we give them, anyway?" Willow asked Nite.

"Several crates of self-sealing stem bolts," he replied.

Well, I guess there are quite a few “Strar Trek – inside jokes, and I guess I missed some, but the ones I gut were really a good laugh!

Quote:
"Luck had nothing to do with it," Nurse replied, with a surreptitious wink. As Willow and Tara rejoined the party, the mistletoe shimmered out of holographic existence.

*lol* holographic mistletoe, grrrreat! You have to love those sneaky holograms!!!

More feedback tomorrow (I guess)

Insanity

PostPosted: Sun Feb 05, 2006 1:30 pm 
6. Sassy Eggs

Okay, Kittens and especially the twelve Fruitcakes *g*, here are more comments on your wonderful storys!

GayNow

Ahhh wonderful!

I loved the cameos of everyone. It was quite funny.

Quote:
“A story about friends – you know I always use the same two friends – but this time they can do magic. They use the magic to make the flowers grow…”

Aaaaaah.. Soo cute!
It was just so great, like I could see them all. All twelve. I just … oh soo cute!

Out of words now….

Antigone Unbound:

Quote:
Hot Buns catering

Whoot!

Quote:
Four nights and six pounds later

Ah, the dark side of good food….

Quote:
"Excessive whining." She crossed her arms over her chest, lower lip protruding half-way to Baja. "They just looked at me and screamed, 'Get out get out GET OUT!'"

Quote:
Early Wednesday evening, they headed back to UC-More loaded with various sample dishes that someone with more knowledge of cooking could describe in greater detail. What matters is that it was all delicious because Willow and Tara were very, very good at what they did.

Quote:
"Leave her alone," Amy snapped, reaching out to scratch Veruca behind the ears.

Quote:
Tara, meanwhile, was watching Miss Calendar take slow, deliberate bites of her salmon nicoise. Is it worthy of her attention? How can I know if it pleases her? Why does my interior monologue sound like something out of a pornographic novel?

Okay, okay, I guess I should stop quoting like mad, but it’s all just so damn funny…

Quote:
Willow had clearly sunk her teeth into the issue and yes, the author knows that's just an awful pun.

Sigh. I just couldn’t resist quoting this one…

It was really awesome. And Jenny *GULP* ….

Okay. More feedback tomorrow!

Insanity

PostPosted: Sun Feb 05, 2006 1:53 pm 
19. Yummy Face

Thanks so much, Insanity. I'm glad you enjoyed it. And cute is exactly what I was going for...how could I not go for cute with those kids? I appreciate the kind words!

Carleen

Frivolous Views

PostPosted: Sun Feb 05, 2006 4:07 pm 
10. Troll Hammer

Hello, Kittens most dear and often most queer~ Sorry for the delay in posting my replies, but I've been without a computer for a while and after getting it back I had (scoff if you must) other things that I really needed to attend to. I report back, however, to say how much I appreciated your wonderful feedback and for your support of the entire project. It was a lovely thing to be a part of.

And now--on to individual replies:

Lt. Sticks: Major Antigone, reporting in to say "Ma'am, thank you, Ma'am!" Twas lovely to see you there first! And the chocolate--yeah, that was fun to write!

Caz: I told W&T that you requested a private dinner and they'll be over at 8. Glad you enjoyed!

Dark Wiccan: You know, I cracked up when I read that you liked the parking references, b/c they were quite frankly the most challenging part of the whole story! I kid you not. I had this whole sheet of paper with words that rhymed with "cheese" on one side and words that rhymed with "slices" down the other. I had the wildest array of mix-and-matches you could possibly hope to see. I'm so glad you enjoyed it that much! Thanks for the kind words.

Sally: I love your way with words...Yes, once Antigone was unbound, she was pretty much all about creating havoc. I really appreciate your assessment of my writing, b/c your own is certainly excellent. Indeed, your beta work helped me avoid some embarrassing mistakes. Like you (I suspect), I believe that humor is certainly the brevity of wit. I think Cyd's story is an excellent example of slipping humor into any given sentence as a stand-alone element; that is, the sentence itself is funny, apart from its connection (or lack thereof) to the ones around it. So to both you and Mrs. McFine, I say: thank you for your kind words, and for making my involvement in the project so very enjoyable.

Mole: Wait, you laughed? But this was a tragedy! Perhaps I didn't make that clear...You know, you weren't the only one who responded to "Tara in field hockey uniform" imagery, nor to Miss Calendar. Indeed, the latter seemed to be a source of great...investment. Hmm... Thanks!

Car, Car--An RKT Star! What can I say...You know, your cats called to tell me that your laughter was scaring them. I told them to worry less about the laughter and more about the growing pervaciousness of their mother, based on her story. Ahem. But seriously, folk: thank you for your words about my use of language. I know you appreciate the work it takes to make something flow, and I really value your appraisal. My blush scared my cats. Thank you so much for the YM conversations about why one word works and another doesn't and the way that writing gives us something so singular that we devote hours to it without pay or reward. It's been wonderful to come to know you.

Chris: Yeah, I thought it was important to show that W&T are so secure in their relationship that of course they're not going to wig out about a little crush. It's a source of amusement and bonding (and perhaps bondage) more than anything. Glad you liked the humor, too. Thanks!

Cyd: Coming from someone like you, your assessment of my humor and its writing is greatly appreciated. I still crack up when I read "SuperFriends." As I remarked to Sally, I think that keeping it "tight" is the essence of good humor writing. Thanks for your kind words.

Puff, Puff--Of Nursing, Had Enough? Hope you were able to put some of that schooling to use and repair that ripped muscle. (Are you sure you tore it laughing, and not doing something...naughty?) Seems like a lot of people liked Miss Calendar--heaven knows I had fun writing it. Thanks for taking time out of what I know is a crazy schedule. Take care!

Justin: It was fun making plays on "Miss Calendar," including her "august collection" comment. Glad I'm not the only one who found it humorous. You know, Buffy and Xander's seemingly complementary weight changes just jumped out at me mid-way through this story. Made me smile to write it. Thanks for the good thoughts!

Sasha: Hey, I know how crazy time can be, esp. around the holidays. I'm glad you enjoyed the series, and thanks for letting us know.

Anne: Um, please refer to my reply to Sasha, above. The words are no less sincere for their duplication. Oh, and my cats all say hi.

Sith Lord Wiccan: You know, every night I watch CNN hoping to see that Dubya has been torn apart by wild dogs. But alas...Oh well--if his approval rate keeps plummeting, animal attacks will be the least of his problems. Thanks for reading; glad you liked it.

Nika: Yes, this was an incredible collection of people and stories. I'm so glad you enjoyed them all, b/c we certainly enjoyed writing them. Thanks for taking the time to let us know.

Watty: Ah, my dear Lady of Watson-on-Punting...(OK, I just made up a title that hopefully sounded a little British.) I'll see your freakdom, and raise you a perv. You offer such kind and gracious commentary, and your Venice analogy (metaphor? I always get confused) was both clear and much appreciated. Words are a source of both such delight and devilment to me; the latter, b/c I can get so absolutely obsessed with the perfect word or phrasing. I know how much care you put into your own writing, and your appraisal means a great deal to me. Oh, and the parking references--see my reply to DarkWiccan above, and you'll crack up. Thanks again, Watty, both for your feedback and for your incredible work on this whole project. You rock unto the seventh realm of interstellar geology and yes, I just made that up.

Debra: Harmony was fun to write, as was Veruca. I intentionally gave her very few lines b/c I wanted her animalism to be abundantly clear. I'm glad you enjoyed the humor so much b/c heaven knows I love writing it. It was a nice break to write something intentionally funny after the angst of "ATGB." Oh, and you noted:

Quote:
Tara looked at her, head swimming. "In my mind, you have three fingers buried all the way inside me," she managed.
Note to Mary: PG-13???

Hey, you should have seen what I was gonna have her bury in there. Thanks for the good words, Debra.

Mary/Maru: Hey, I'll be your Mary if you'll be mine...Yeah, a lot of people loved Miss Calendar--perhaps a little too much, if you know what I mean...I liked your point about the elements being present from the beginning. To be honest, I thought I drew one of the easiest days to work that part: dancing ladies? Practically writes itself with this group of ho-biscuits...(And I mean that in abundantly complimentary ways.) I'm glad you enjoyed it, Mary, and I hope that work has attained some certainty for you.

Lollipop Girl: Don't worry; a lot of folks left collective feedback. It's certainly no less appreciated. I'm glad you enjoyed the series, and I hope your holidays were good ones.

DW: Hey, look at you--giving feedback twice! You rock. And yes, I'd love some pudding! Chocolate, please! Thanks again, DW.

Taralicious: It was fun to find ways to combine the elements; glad it worked for you! Thanks for the kind words.

Sasha: Sounds like you thoroughly enjoyed the series and as one member of that series I say: It was all for you! (I mean, "you" in the collective Kitten community sense, although in the future we might well write something that is just for you, Sasha. Where was I?) Thanks for taking the time to enjoy each one.

Cam: Yeah, Tara called and said she wondered if you'd like to scrimmage sometime. Apparently you gave as good as you got on that hipcheck...The "What do you like to eat?" section was one of the most enjoyable to write b/c it pretty much just appeared under my pen. Love when that happens; wish it happened more often. Thanks for the good thoughts, Cam.

Cecile: Methinks you underestimate your own eloquence, Tarebear. Your words were very kind and very well stated. I'm so glad you enjoyed this series, and your means of appreciation was just exquisite. Thank you so, so much.

Insanity: You picked up on one of my favorite elements: the writer giving a "nod" of sorts to her process. I know there must be a term for this, but I have no idea what it was. But Tara's reference to her interior monologue; the limited description of the sample menu items; the author admitting it was a bad pun--those all fall under that category, I suspect. It's wonderfully fun to do (but best if done sparingly, I imagine) and I'm glad you enjoyed it. Thanks for your kind words, Insanity!

OK--if I missed anyone, please let me know. Again, I appreciate all your comments and hope that 2006 has been good to each of you thus far.
Mary

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 201 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 3, 4, 5, 6, 7  Next