The Kitten, the Witches and the Bad Wardrobe - Willow & Tara Forever

General Chat  || Kitten  || WaV  || Pens  || Mi2  || GMP  || TiE  || FAQ  || Feed - The Kitten, the Witches and the Bad Wardrobe

All times are UTC - 8 hours [ DST ]

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 194 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 3, 4, 5, 6, 7  Next
 Post subject: Re: UberCon '05 (Updated 11/7/05 - COMPLETE)
PostPosted: Tue Nov 08, 2005 7:01 am 
18. Breast Gal

Topics: 4
I heard the magic word: SEQUEL! :party

I really liked how this finale felt - it was really 'Plus ca change,' for me, everyone going back to their regular lives, but taking back the new friends, lovers, and insights from their time at UberCon. Anya bitching about something so everyday as Buffy's driving, Cordy being all "Topic!", the Warrior board back to its usual self (minus 5x5, I see - gone for good, or will she maybe do some thinking, and come back with a fic about Callisto trying to change her evil ways?)... in short, everyone where they belong, doing what they love (and who). It's a great feeling to end on - appropriate for 'the end of the beginning', it was like the end of a big pilot episode for a series.

Post Office, huh? Maybe I should start putting insufficient postage on my letters. There's this woman who works at the post office here, who's pretty much the archetypal statuesque blonde Aussie goddess, plus smart-is-sexy glasses, and... um, never mind. My inner Cordy is yelling 'Topic!' at me :blush

And I got to muck about with the Warrior board HTML code one last time... ah, the things I get nostalgic about :lol

Edited, because I realised I meant to answer Tara's question from chapter six about whether anyone actually repeats, after the lathering and rinsing stages: I repeat. Occasionally I repeat twice, but only due to absent-mindedness.

Last edited by Artemis on Wed Nov 09, 2005 9:24 am, edited 1 time in total.

PostPosted: Tue Nov 08, 2005 3:14 pm 
3. Flaming O

Wow i really apreciate this story it was cute i love it :x

It only take a minute to see that someone is special an hour to appreciate and a day to love that person. But it take forever to forget.

PostPosted: Wed Nov 09, 2005 12:14 am 
13. Big Knowledge Woman

Sally,
So glad to be here with you at the end of all things Ubercon '05.
Nice to see Tara elucidating the non-glamorous crime of cover theft and the merry dance they lead each on about cover stealing which leads to sleepovers which leads to Tara exclaiming that Willow is the best kisser she's ever had.
Her red herrring misleading the redhead about the twins' was hysterical.
This leads me to state that my local postal substation was never like the one Willow and Tara frequent within the confines of their room.
There is no limit to what I would pay for a stamp of their postage.
There is no such thing as Express Mail in their postal pricing and "handle with care" gets stamped with loving care onto each and every label.
Anya's timing is impeccable even in these last waning moments of the after-con hours, arriving right on the beat to deliver the punchline to Willow's question of how come Anya made Tara bring the lingerie.
It is also a testament to your genre credentials that in the chronicle of BTVS characters interfacing with "Xena:WP" characters in a setting where one group of characters writes fanfiction about another group, that you can work in a reference to "Wrath of Khan" with the old Klingon proverb that "Revenge is a dish best served cold."
You took us on this wacky, nutty, kooky, crazy, madcap journey into the realm of message boards and fan conventions and then brought it all back home by ending it as it began and as it shall go on even though the curtain has rung down and everyone has signed off.
TOPIC, PEOPLE!-priceless
Cheers,
Blayne

PostPosted: Wed Nov 09, 2005 5:03 am 
6. Sassy Eggs

Sally
How lucky am I to find the finale of Ubercon05 when looking for a bedtime story tonight?

Just loved it... a fitting end to your fic. AND I distinctly saw the word SEQUEL written by you in the feedback! Yay!

Tired now ....

Thanks again for giving us this happy time to spend with our girls.

Anne

Every path has its puddle. Old English Saying... I think I just stepped in mine...

PostPosted: Wed Nov 09, 2005 9:19 am 
7. Teeny Tinkerbell Light

Hi Sally...

Quote:
Hm, is this a come-on?

No, I guess it's best not to tease someone who managed to write "give it up" into their fic.

Other random thoughts:

I think I don't visit the post office enough, but now I'm planning a trip.

Nice framing of story with the return of the board and messaging.

LOL on this:

Quote:
for us to immediately declare our undying love and get married and magically have lots of babies that we conceive together through some otherworldy intervention?

Way to finish off a good story. Kudos. :clap

~Cyd

PostPosted: Thu Nov 10, 2005 6:41 am 
10. Troll Hammer

hiya ms sally!

i dont know whether to be happy or sad... :bounce :bounce :bounce happy coz i absolutely loved this chapter... filled with the patented McFine humor... :sob :sob :sob or sad coz this is the very last chapter of a superbly written fanfiction... one of the best in my book!

... so i was still contemplating if i should be happy or sad when i read the word that stopped my sobbing/laughing hysteric... SEQUEL!!!! it absolutely made my night! now i can go have a peaceful sleep knowing that i can look forward to more uber terriFICness from you! so, yey! :party :party :party

thank you for creating such a wonderful uber world for us... this is something i will keep close to my heart...

Quote:
thank you so much to my beta, Mrs. McFine. If you thought the plot held together well and that the character motivations and actions were plausible, it's probably because of her.

thank you Mrs. McFine for keeping ms sally on line :-D :flower :flower :flower

i'll defintely be keeping my eyes pealed so i won't miss the sequel!

again, good job ms sally! keep it up!

PostPosted: Sun Nov 13, 2005 6:22 pm 
17. Mega-Witches

watson

Quote:
Excellently wrapped up, my dear, all the couples / potential couples happily together or potentially together;

Hee hee, not so much like real life, eh? Is it like, dare I say it, a fan fiction? Speaking of the postal service, let's cogitate on this a second: how would Willow and Tara play post office using an interdimensional mailbox? I'm glad you liked the development of the Scoobs. I was surprised at how I fell in love with character Anya, I think I liked writing her almost as much as WT and it was a struggle to not have her hog the spotlight especially. She lends herself to good lines.

I think that Buffy would have been a decent student if she hadn't had to be out at all hours slaying vamps as in canon, so hence she gets to use words like "prurient" in my fic. Tee hee, I'm glad you liked the wrap-up thread, I was searching for closure and the first draft of Chapter 14 definitely needed more closure.

watty, thanks for all your support, encouraging words, and consistent feedback along the way while I was writing this story - it helped me immensely, probably more than you know.

[hr]

the hero factor

Hee, thanks for saying WT were cute. I think they're going to be one of those uber-sweet couples that make their friends gag but also smile. Crazy kids! Yeah, poor Buffy - but teasing is part of the way that Anya shows her love and appreciation for people. Yes, a WT XA and BA ending. Does that spell anything? BAT WAX. Thank you so much reading this story, I'm so glad you enjoyed it.

[hr]

Ressick

Quote:
Especially since I just came from reading some classic X/G fanfic with a baby.

Tee hee! I was visualizing all the scenes where Xena and Gabby would go to sleep together and Gabrielle would be chatty - seems like she'd be the one to have that question.

I'm so glad that you loved the update. It was sort of hard to write the ending, but I thought that the story had been told. I felt sad writing all the ending knowing that it would be the last update, and that what I was really doing was wrapping stuff up and writing the denouement and there was no more mistaken identity or smoochies to write. I'm so glad you enjoyed it.

[hr]

WillowRulez

Awwwww, I'm sad it's over too! Don't worry, though - while I don't think the first date will be in the sequel, since how awkward could a first date be after spending the night together (actually, pretty awkward, now that I think about it...) I will continue with their storyline because I love it so much. Thank you!

[hr]

grimlock72

Hey Grimms! I never played Post Office, just read about it in children's books. So you actually played Post Office, eh? What is the "canon" way? Or did you just play mailing letters back and forth? There will be a sequel to UberCon '05, set in either winter or spring. I already have it all named and mapped out, UberSmut! And next summer I might write up a little UberCon '06 if I can think of a good idea for why it would be interesting to read about them at the con again... :wav

[hr]

AntigoneUnbound

Hi Mary, thank you so much! I'm glad you appreciated the symmetry; I had originally planned on it, then decided it was hokey and took it out, then decided the entire premise of the story was hokey and thus put it back in.

I love the word prurient too, both for its pronunciation and for what it implies. Thank you for appreciating the Scoobs' having their friends' backs - I see them all as very interdependent, with maybe an extra dollop of protectiveness that Anya has toward Tara due to her shyness and good-heartedness, and two scoops of shielding Willow on Buffy's and Xander's parts having seen Willow through her coming out process.

Quote:
Besides, it just lets us look forward to THAT scene in the next installment (Mary said presumptuously).

Scene? Try SCENES. At least five, and that's not counting the "fade-to-black" off-camera scenes! :lol

Thank you so much for reading and commenting so enthusiastically, Mary. I appreciate it very much!

[hr]

JustSkipIt

Hey, I remember e-mailing with you about how I was a little flummoxed by this update and Chapter 13 since it was the end and I was finding it harder to write, so thank you for saying that it was fantastic and wrapped it all up. That's totally what I was going for. I imagined a bit of the "roll credits" feeling to it, actually. (All our favorites (and Angel), heh - I guess there are some that don't like Angel?).

Totally I said sequel, and yep, UberSmut's the name. Smut is the game. Moist channels, deep wells, heaving breasts, the whole shebang (so to speak). I'll be trying my hand at a couple of other stories before I start that one, kind of want to spend some time in a different universe (story-wise, not literally) before jumping back into this world, but it's definitely on the list. Thank you, Debra!

[hr]

Artemis

Hey Chris, yay that you liked the feeling of the finale! I felt that we needed some more WT time so the 3:00 a.m. wakeup was part of trying to give them more together time, and screen time, since they had been apart for so much of the story. And hey, who sleeps that well the first night of sleeping with a new person, eh?

5x5 - I don't think she's gone for good. We'll see her again - not quite sure in what form. Maybe she should move to Los Angeles and a certain hotel owner can reform her. Or, maybe not. But yeah, definitely not gone for good. The path to redemption is long, but I think she might try to tread it, at least for a while. Unless she backslides. Or becomes a god. Hmmmm....

Quote:
There's this woman who works at the post office here, who's pretty much the archetypal statuesque blonde Aussie goddess, plus smart-is-sexy glasses, and...

I'd say this is on-topic - please feel free to continue! ;)

I love your Warrior board HTML - so talented! So you repeat, with the lather, rinse, repeat, eh? I'm guessing that you don't use conditioner, right? With shoulder-length hair two washes would probably leave my hair too dry. Although my hairdresser recommended even skipping one day a week of shampooing...

cordy_princess: People! Topic!

Okay, cordy. Sheesh. ;)

[hr]

will

Awwww, thank you so much will. I appreciate it.

[hr]

taralicious

Tee hee, you gotta appreciate anyone who says "Do the twins count as one or two?" Tara's got a bit of the devil in her. Anya has a lot of the devil in her, with the constant jokes. Is it really an old Klingon proverb that revenge is a dish best served cold? I thought it was a Sicilian proverb. I think you're teasing me, Blayne. Okay, I googled it and some say Sicilian, some say Arab, and some say French from the original book "Dangerous Liaisons" (except in French). And that's what Wikipedia says, not that reading anything on the internet automatically makes it true.

cordy_princess: SallyMcFine! Topic!

Thank you for your consistent attention and feedback on this wacky, nutty, crazy madcap journey - I appreciate it so much!

[hr]

spells42

Awwwwww, UberCon as a bedtime story! Hope that doesn't mean it was boring, heh. I'm so glad that you loved it and thought it was a fitting end. Yes, indeedy, a sequel is in the works. Give me a couple/few months, and this WT will be back for some hot 'n heavy smuttage!

[hr]

hermitfish

No, I guess it's best not to tease someone who managed to write "give it up" into their fic.

Tee hee, I wondered if anyone would comment on that. I'm amazed by how many people have commented on visiting their own post offices in feedback to this chapter. Me, while I love my local branch of the U.S. Postal Service, none of the people there are people I'd particularly like to kiss. Thanks on the framing comments - that kind of thing is important to me. I forget what the term is. Perhaps it's "framing." :) Thank you Cyd!

[hr]

tarebear

Ceci, hi! Like you I don't know whether to be happy or sad - I think I'm a bit of both. Nostalgic, also, now that it's been a week since the last chapter. I'm glad that you liked this story so much, and I'm also so glad that you're now a regular poster on the KB, after exchanging so many e-mails with you!

Yeah, definitely a sequel that I'll start in a couple of months. It's all planned out and stuff, I'm going to write a few other things first and then back to give these girls the consummation that they deserve. :) I appreciate your constant enthusiasm, Ceci, it really has meant a lot. I'll pass along the thanks to Mrs. McFine - she's a super beta, dare I say the best!

PostPosted: Mon Nov 14, 2005 2:00 am 
13. Big Knowledge Woman

Sally,
I kid you not.
Watch "Star Trek 2:The Wrath of Khan" where the legendary Ricardo Montalban, essaying the role of Khan as he taunts Capt. Kirk with the "Old Klingon Proverb that revenge..."
It is like many adages of yore, however, passed down through the oral tradition so it can be attributed to a number of sources.
UberSmut is gonna be "The Empire Strikes Back" of fanfic sequels, I have every confidence.

PostPosted: Mon Nov 14, 2005 2:18 pm 
23. Volumey Text

That was a great end to the story. It wrapped it up very well and provided a good sense fo closure.

Yay to a sequel, though I'm not sure what Ubersmut would entail. Is it going to be lot's of smut involving Willow and Tara in various Uber settings?

This is one of those stories where the idea seems a bit hokey to start off with but then when you read it you realise it's a brilliant idea for a story.

Looking forward to that sequel

PostPosted: Tue Nov 15, 2005 5:08 pm 
3. Flaming O

Ok, just read this whole story in one sitting and I loved every second of it. The way you weave together each individual characters story into the weekend was masterful or should that be mistressful? I especially loved the relationship between Anya and Tara in this story, you actually had me laughing out loud at some of their exchanges.

The central story though was so sweet and romantic and you really captured the spark between Tara and Willow, soulmates indeed. The tenderness of their first night together was beautiful, the shyness mixed with longing that was so true to the characters that we love. Thanks for writing this, reading it made today a good day.

Bargaining

PostPosted: Wed Nov 16, 2005 2:46 pm 
17. Mega-Witches

justin

I'm so glad that you think it wrapped up well. I felt closure as I wrote it; I'm glad you felt it as you read it. UberSmut, I know it might sound a little odd, but believe me it will be a realistic continuation of the storyline from UberCon. More I shall not reveal, as I don't wish to steal my own thunder! BOOM BOOM BOOM! That was the clap of thunder. Thank you!

[hr]

RaspberryHats

Wow, you read the whole thing in one sitting? I'm so glad you enjoyed it! I loved Anya and Tara's friendship also - I have a friend in RL who is a little shy and reserved like Tara, and I often played the Anya to her Tara. Not in quite so exaggerated or caricaturish form, of course, but I think I might have been unconsciously building from that dynamic. Thank you so much for letting me know you liked it - I'm very very very glad you did!

PostPosted: Tue Nov 29, 2005 6:41 pm 
9. Gay Now

Topics: 1
Boy am I glad Tara discovered Willow's blanket thievery now, so she can cut her losses and---oh, she's going to let it slide? Well I guess that's one option. (Sore subject...I have my own blanket that Ang is not allowed to touch...she already has five, dammit!).

SOOOO sorry I neglected the feedback on this WONDERFUL finale, Sally! That was just perfect, and while it does stand as a complete work, I'm really looking forward to the sequel whenever you have time to get to it. Your use of mutiple formats (narrative, forum postings, chatroom, emails, private chats) was inspired, and I loved that you included so many of those elements in the wrap-up. I can't wait to see how you write the sequel...even if it's all narrative, you're writing is so engaging it's sure to entertain.

I'm a sucker for the romantic comedy, and you did a brilliant job here. Loved all the sweetness and teasing...An sure deserved that "shuddup!" ;-) So many mistaken impressions, and near misses, and just desserts, and a trio of happy couples-to-be at the end! *sigh* Well done.

-Cam

PostPosted: Thu Dec 01, 2005 5:07 pm 
17. Mega-Witches

tarawhipped

Cam, I didn't mean to bring up painful associations for you by portraying the very serious issue of blanket pilferage. A crime committed under cover of the night (ha!), it's only recently that people have begun speaking out about it. I applaud you for taking the step of having your own blanket, and keeping it sternly away from the Avaricious Ang, that Light-Fingered Lesbian (so to speak), that Bodacious Blanket Bandit.

Teehee, I knew you'd recognize that "shuddup An". The preceding was a work of fiction and any similarity between actual chats on the kitten board is purely coincidental. Thanks very much for your kind words - the wrap-up just felt like it had to have all the elements that were in the story to put it all to bed. Very glad to hear you're looking forward to the sequel! Makes me want to start writing it right now.

PostPosted: Sat Dec 03, 2005 12:16 pm 
1. Blessed Wannabe

Sally,

This entire story was really fun! I am so glad I read it. I think you did a nice job staying true to all of the characters in the story. And playing Post Office? That's frikkin brilliant! I wanna play!

I'm happy about the prospects for a sequel. Have you started writing it? I hope so. I can be rather impatient at times.

Can't wait!

RKT

PostPosted: Sat Dec 03, 2005 9:57 pm 
17. Mega-Witches

RKT

Thank you so much, I'm so glad you thought the story was fun and the characters stayed in character. Tee hee, Post Office. Feel free to try that as a line - please report back and let us know how it goes.

I have started writing the sequel, yes. Glad to hear you're looking forward to it! Hope you won't get too impatient - I'd rather get more of it written before I start posting it, so it will be a little while.

I'm curious about your handle - how did you pick "RKT" and what does it mean?

Thanks again and I'm so happy you enjoyed the story.

PostPosted: Wed Dec 07, 2005 7:47 am 
5. Willowhand

:applause :applause :applause :applause :applause

Hee hee, another in one sitting reader here... And as such I feel it is my duty to say:

That was GREAT *and lots of other words that mean the same thing* But I must admit that when Faith had the pin at first- well "NOOOOOOOO!" was the first word out of my mouth! I really do love this story and what you did with it. Especially with the whole explainations of fanfic and why we write. Truly inspired. As for you writing a sequel, Yes please!

Again :applause

"The Hammer is my Penis," Captain Hammer, 'Dr. Horrible's Sing-a-long Blog.'

PostPosted: Fri Dec 09, 2005 2:04 pm 
17. Mega-Witches

Missocki

Thanks for reading and for letting me know that you enjoyed it! Yeah, when I was writing Faith stealing Willow's pin I also was like "NOOOOOOOOOOOO" but of course conflict is what makes for good drama, or something like that. I'm in the process of writing the sequel as we speak; I'll probably start posting it in a couple of months depending on how it goes and stuff. Thank you again!

PostPosted: Wed Dec 28, 2005 12:54 am 
19. Yummy Face

So I finally got here, Sally. I had to read the last two updates to remind myself of what I missed. :blush

As I've said in previous feedback, I really, really love this story. I mean, c'mon...it has Willow and Tara, the rest of our favorite Scoobies, and Xena! It's nirvana, man!

You did a really nice job of providing well defined characters throughout the story. You've maintained the essential characteristics of the people we are accustomed to. But you also built on them and made them fit into the world you created. Very nice, indeed.

I really appreciate the way you ended the story. In a way, you tied things up nicely...Everyone is coupled off, Faith got some comeuppance (will she be in the sequel?), and the convention was a success. But you left yourself open for the sequel you've mentioned...there are many many possibilities for you. You didn't stick yourself in a corner. Outstanding.

Lovely work, SillySally. Just lovely. I look forward to UberSmut...and, of course, UberCon '06!

Carleen

Frivolous Views

PostPosted: Mon Jan 02, 2006 10:52 am 
17. Mega-Witches

GayNow

Aw, Car, thanks so much. I'm glad you thought it wrapped up nicely - I wanted to resolve the things that were up in the air in the beginning, and Faith needed to feel some consequences. Not sure if she will be in the sequel - I'd like to return to her character and her personal growth, but there doesn't seem to be much of a place for her in UberSmut. Maybe, but I think it's more likely that she'll be in UberCon '06.

Quote:
I mean, c'mon...it has Willow and Tara, the rest of our favorite Scoobies, and Xena! It's nirvana, man!

The only thing that was missing was smut! So I've decided to make up for it in UberSmut. :D Which I have decided on a posting day for for the first chapter: Feb 14, 2006 - Valentine's Day!

Thank you, Carleen - your encouragement and enthusiasm really helped to keep me excited about writing this story.

PostPosted: Tue Jan 24, 2006 12:10 pm 
2. Floating Rose

Dear Sally,

I read your story on "Fruitcake" and thought it was wonderful (not that I actually wrote you and told you so) and so today I decided to read another fic of yours as a consolation for being home sick. And what a great way to pass the time. I really enjoyed UberCon. It's kind of a daring premise because it risks being really hokey, but you managed to make it funny and sweet and wry. And it's a page-turner (um, screen-clicker?) What I mean to say is that I should have started reading student papers hours ago, but instead I played the "just one more screen" game.

So thanks for a great story.

--blue

PS: I actually shifted to "through the looking glass" midway through. The addition of screen graphics really helped pull the segments of the story together. don't know whether that was your idea or his, but it was truly inspired.

PostPosted: Tue Jan 24, 2006 7:07 pm 
17. Mega-Witches

simplyblue

blue, thanks so much for taking the chance on UberCon '05! It's a fairly different story than Candle, and longer to boot (and also my first longer story) so I'm glad that you found it enjoyable. I think that the hokey potential was something I was very aware of while writing it and so not only am I glad to hear you say that you thought it was funny and sweet and wry (THANK YOU :blush) but I'm glad that it hopefully didn't venture too far into Hoke-land. I really really appreciate your taking the time to leave feedback - thank you and hope the student papers were equally as fun.

PostPosted: Wed Jan 25, 2006 12:24 am 
3. Flaming O

Sally-

Ahh - Me too, me want to reply too! All de-lurked and all.

Yeah! Been wanting to say this is one of my favorite fun reads. Yup, I love it so much 'I lurve it'. It had me in stitches & very original, I might add.

I droop a little when a good story has ended. So now that I'm reminded that this has ended... well, drooping now....

PostPosted: Wed Jan 25, 2006 2:39 pm 
17. Mega-Witches

TuesBlu

Yay for delurking and thanks for replying on lil' ole UberCon '05! 2005 seems like a lifetime ago. I'm always happy to hear when something I write makes a person laugh - I like making people laugh. And I loved writing it, so thank you so for saying you lurved it. Aw, don't droop - there's a sequel in the works and it's called UberSmut and the first chapter will be posted on February 14, 2006. And second, you have Creation Myth which is chugging along and has ME on those painful tenterhooks. So no drooping - just perkiness! Think perky - like Willow's boobs. (Did I just say that out loud?)

PostPosted: Wed Jan 25, 2006 9:31 pm 
4. Extra Flamey

Quote:
there's a sequel in the works and it's called UberSmut and the first chapter will be posted on February 14, 2006.

Yahoo! :applause :applause :applause Can't think of a better Valentine gift.

Can't wait to find out what wiccanbard and amazon_hacker have been up to.

Michelle

PostPosted: Fri Jan 27, 2006 6:52 pm 
15. Apple Sauce & Tuna

I had avoided this for a bit because I *whispering* haven't ever seen a whole episode of Xena and I wondered whether I would understand this. It didn't matter at all though, and I loved the little in-jokes that were there for us Buffy fans. I suspect the Xena ones were there too, I'm just too ignorant to see them!

I love fics that credit the reader with a bit of intelligence, and UberCon 05 does this in spades. It is also sweet and funny (Anya's NC17 handout has been memorised for future use - Hoo Hoo? Boys On The Side ref, presumably?). And it has a cracking plot, which is always an advantage...

But my absolute favourite line was from Chapter 13:
Quote:
I'd like to spend the rest of my life making her smile like that.

Made me feel all warm and fuzzy - like a good fic should!

And, to top it all off, I am just in time to catch the start of UberSmut in a couple of weeks time!

PS: Can I borrow "every time lesbians kiss, an angel gets her wings" for my sig some time? Pretty Pleeeeease???

PostPosted: Sun Jan 29, 2006 8:07 am 
17. Mega-Witches

mole

Michelle wrote:
Can't wait to find out what wiccanbard and amazon_hacker have been up to.

I can safely say they've been up to dickens!

[hr]

Candleshoe

Thanks for giving UberCon '05 a chance! I knew that writing a fic about WT set in the Xena-fan-verse might be a challenge for some readers, especially those who had never seen Xena. I tried to write it so you didn't have to know about Xena to understand and get the story, although I know that for some folks getting over that mental hump (heh, I said "mental hump") would be insurmountable. It was my hope that some would give it a try anyway, so I'm so glad that you did and especially that you liked it! Thank you so much for writing feedback - I'm very grateful.

You are welcome to use the "Every time lesbians kiss, an angel gets her wings" line, but I must fess up and say that I stole that line from an episode of "Roseanne" when Sandra Bernhard was a character and she and her girlfriend came over to the Connors' house. It was something Roseanne said. So, with that disclaimer applied, quote away!

Last edited by FineyMcFine on Mon Jul 16, 2012 8:15 am, edited 1 time in total.

PostPosted: Thu Feb 16, 2006 7:28 pm 
17. Mega-Witches

Irene73

Wow, Irene, thanks so much for taking the time to read this fic! I'm amazed at how quickly you finished it. Muchas gracias para tus comentarios simpaticos.

I can totally see how you would have thought aresisagod was Angel - I was having trouble thinking of what to call Andrew and figured that he would probably swoon over such a masculine hunka hunka burning love as Ares.

Thank you so much for saying you liked the Tara/Anya dynamic - I think that if Anya weren't an ex-demon she would have often been a lot nicer and more sympathetic in canon. I also think that it's often more true in friendships than love relationships, even, that opposites attract. I think that Tara gets excitement and vicarious social-life through Anya, and Anya gets caring and stability through Tara. Mostly, though, I just love Anya - I think it's because Emma Caulfield played her so well.

The Faith thing - I was sort of surprised how many people were surprised to see Faith in a villain role - when I started writing this story I had been watching lots of S4 where she wasn't the nicest gal on the block so it seemed logical at the time. I honestly don't know if Faith will redeem herself - I'll have to ask her. I'm in conversations right now with her, in fact (in my head).

Is it the end, and happily ever after? Well, it was the end of UberCon '05. But I think it's Smuttily Ever After - UberSmut!

Thank you so much, Irene. :)

PostPosted: Fri Feb 17, 2006 3:15 pm 
17. Mega-Witches

Irene wrote:
Espero que tu proxima contribucion, 'Uber Smut' , sea egual de entretenido y divertido.

¡Espero tan también!

Last edited by FineyMcFine on Mon Jul 16, 2012 8:16 am, edited 1 time in total.

PostPosted: Fri Feb 24, 2006 2:47 am 
8. Vixen

:bow
Words cannot describe how much I love this story! I stayed up way past my bedtime to read the whole thing. It was just such a joy to experience with all of the added touches and the Xena stuff. You write the :wtkiss so well, all cute and lovely. I honestly don't know how you do it, but I'm glad you do. Thanks so much for this and the smutty sequel. :clap

:peace
amy

P.S. When is KittenCon '06? :)

PostPosted: Sun Feb 26, 2006 3:07 pm 
17. Mega-Witches

dorksrcool

Amy, thank you thank you thank you so much for reading UberCon '05 (and staying up past your bedtime, at that) and for saying such nice things! I'm glad you liked it - really really glad. I'm super-psyched you thought the :wtkiss was cute - I was going for that.

You know, I have said that we should definitely have a KittenCon '06 at some kind of convention that is going on, maybe Toronto Trek, which is in July 2006 and Amber Benson's going to be there!!! Whadya think?

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 194 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 3, 4, 5, 6, 7  Next