The Kitten, the Witches and the Bad Wardrobe - Willow & Tara Forever

General Chat  || Kitten  || WaV  || Pens  || Mi2  || GMP  || TiE  || FAQ  || Feed - The Kitten, the Witches and the Bad Wardrobe

All times are UTC - 8 hours [ DST ]

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 116 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next
 Post subject: Re: time goes on
PostPosted: Wed Feb 16, 2005 7:29 am 
That was, um well, yeah... wow! :blush

Nicely written! All days should end like that. :D

Great line;

Quote:
"Yep,” Tara said to no one in particular, as she looked at her

fingers and then proudly polished them against her

chest, “Still got it.”

-anna

PostPosted: Wed Feb 16, 2005 7:54 am 
I never tire of reading about how their love and desire for each other still burn strong after years of being together. Yep, Tara's still got it, in fact heaps of it.

Poor Willow, with a large stab wound in her back. Ugh, from a common and garden mugging no less *shudders*. This was so touching:
Quote:
“It doesn’t hurt baby,” Willow whispered.

“It hurts my heart,” Tara answered as she leaned down and gently kissed the offending scar.
Great update.

------

quiet thoughts

PostPosted: Wed Feb 16, 2005 11:05 pm 
ummm... WOW! :thud :thud :thud

That was... a very nice update.

For some reason, I'm still stuck on the glasses. Tara setting her glasses on the nightstand might be my favorite part of this update. Well, who am i kidding? :banana But the glasses part was good too.

PostPosted: Thu Feb 17, 2005 5:52 am 
:drool

She's got it all right, that's for sure.

PostPosted: Sun Feb 20, 2005 10:03 pm 
Hey guys! OKay, I totally lied. Sorry. Things came up. Damn real life getting in the way. Anyway, thanks for all your responses. I really appreciate it.

Cperrins78: Thanks for the encouragement!

Truck Driving Magic Mama: Yay! Thanks for your thoughts. I figured it was about time for some Willow/Tara goodness:)

Irishgrl3: You're right, all days sould end like that.

Hidden Watson: Yep, Tara's still got it, in all the right ways:) Stupid mugger. Who would have thought?

Watersong84: I threw that glasses thing in there just for you...Well and me too, 'cause I really like that idea, but I figured you'd appreciate that.

xonethousandtears08x: Was there ever any doubt? :)

PostPosted: Sun Feb 20, 2005 10:16 pm 
Title -Time Goes On

Author - Rogue2727

Rating - NC-17 just to be safe

Disclaimer - I don't own Mutant Enemy or any of its characters. I'm just borrowing them for this story. Please don't sue me.

Feedback- This is my first story, so please let me know what you think.

Summary- Bad things still happen in Sunnydale. Everyone is older and there are a few new players. Enjoy.

Notes- Set about 20 years after Season Six. Everything happened the same except Tara lived (obviously) after being shot. Not that much Willow and Tara in the beginnning, but that will change as the story progresses.

Hello once again! Here's the next update. PLease let me know what you think. Flashbacks are in ***

Dawn fiddled nervously with the buttons on her seat. She looked out the window and could see Sunnydale spread out below as the plane began its descent. This was the last place on earth she wanted to be right now.

“Dawn, honey, everything is going to be fine,” James said reassuringly as he reached and took his wife’s hands. Dawn sighed and leaned back in her seat.

“I hope so. But, the fact that we are back at the Hellmouth and Glory is on the loose, isn’t very reassuring,” she said, again peering out the window.

“Well, it would have been nice to come back under better circumstances, but look at the bright side. You get to see everyone again. I know how much you miss your family, especially Buffy and Tara,” James stated, trying to sound upbeat.

“Yeah, I’ve missed everyone so much. I guess coming home does has its perks.”

“See, something to look forward to,” James said with a triumphant grin. Dawn looked at her husband and rolled her eyes. She allowed a tiny laugh to escape her lips and playfully slapped her James on the arm.

“Thanks,” she whispered.

“Anytime,” James answered as he kissed his wife’s hand.

Dawn and James were greeted at their gate by Buffy. Dawn immediately found herself engulfed in one of her sister’s notorious Slayer bear hugs.

“Breathing becoming an issue,” Dawn managed to squeak as her sister twirled her around in the embrace.

“Oh! Yeah, sorry,” Buffy said, instantly letting her sister go. She stepped back and looked at the tall brunette before her. “You look great Dawn.”

“Thanks,” Dawn said to her sister. She pushed her hair out of her face so she could get a better look at the blonde Slayer. “You look exactly the same. I want the non-aging gene,” she pouted.

“James!” Buffy exclaimed, acknowledging the handsome man standing off to the side. “Get over here and let me hug my brother in law!”

James laughed as he stepped forward and found himself in the same predicament his wife had been in moments ago. He shot a pleading look to Dawn, who laughed and tapped Buffy on the shoulder.

“Um, Buff, please don’t break my husband. I might need him later to get something off the top shelf.”

Buffy let go of James and turned to her sister. “If all you’re using him for is that, then we need to have a serious talk young lady.” Dawn rolled her eyes and James puffed out his chest proudly. Buffy laughed and the trio made their way out of the airport.

Once the group was in the car (which James had volunteered to drive after having the beegezus scared out of him on numerous occasions by Buffy) and away from prying eyes and ears, the discussion became serious.

“So, what does Glory want?” Dawn asked the minute everyone was situated.

Buffy leaned forward from the back seat. “I’m not sure. We haven’t been able to figure that out. No clues, nothing. Glory’s keeping a relatively low profile.”

Dawn raised an eyebrow and looked at her sister. “So this relatively low profile is how you ended up with stitches?”

“Damn,” Buffy thought. She had forgotten to get Giles to remove the stitches last night and in her rush to the airport (running late as usual), the Slayer had completely forgotten about her lip. “Well, you know how it goes,” Buffy said shrugging. Dawn reached out and raised Buffy’s chin to get a better look at the stitches.

“I can take them out when we get home,” she said.

“Dr. Dawnie to the rescue!” Buffy exclaimed, enthustiastically. “I was going to get Giles to take them out last night, but I forgot.”

“How long have you had them?” James asked.

“Three days,” Buffy answered.

“Man, you get all the cool powers,” Dawn whined

“Yes, and all the cool dying, and fighting, and being beaten by a crazy hell god,” Buffy said, counting her list off on her fingers. “Shall I go on?” she asked, looking at her sister.

“Ass,” Dawn snorted.

“Such language from my baby sister! James, what have you been teaching Dawn?” Buffy asked in mock dismay.

“Nothing but good, wholesome things, I promise. I don’t know where she picks this stuff up,” James answered with feigned innocence.

“Hey! No fair ganging up on me. James, you’re supposed to be on my side.”

“What, and risk pissing off the Slayer? No way.”

“Fine. Just remember that next time you want your special ‘Dr. /Patient’ privileges,” Dawn said coolly.

“Right then. Buffy, Dawn told me you taught her that word and a few others when she was 10.”

“James, you are so whipped,” Buffy said with a laugh. “Besides, she was 8 when I taught her those ‘special’ words”

Dawn burst out laughing. “Remember when I told mom that her cooking tasted like shit. You told me shit was a compliment.”

“Yeah,” Buffy managed in between snorts. “and then we both ended up sitting in the bathroom with a bar of soap in our mouths for what seemed like forever.”

“Man, to this day, I still can’t use that brand of soap without feeling sick,” Dawn said, making a disgusted face.

“Remember how you asked me if you were going to start blowing bubbles like Alfalfa from Little Rascals?” Buffy squeaked out. Her laugh was quickly becoming high pitched and starting to sound very much like a chipmunk. Dawn rolled as she remembered that particular concern.

“Oh my god, mom was so mad at you. She gave you that whole ‘you’re the older sister and you’re supposed to set an example’ speech and then made you tell her what other words you had taught me. You got grounded for a month.” Dawn wheezed.

“That’s not the worst of it,” Buffy managed as she wiped tears of laughter from her eyes. “Mom gave me the classic guilt trip of ‘how I acted reflected on her as a parent’. I felt awful. By the time her speech was over, I thought I had robbed you of your childhood or something.”

‘Yeah, as if. I didn’t even know what those words meant.” Dawn said, taking a deep breath as she tried to calm down from her laughing fit. She glanced back at Buffy and the two erupted with laughter again.

James smiled as he watched the two Summers sisters interact. It had been so long since he had seen Dawn laugh like that. “Maybe there can be something said for the Hellmouth after all,” he thought.

Dawn and James dropped their bags in their room. Buffy leaned against the doorframe as she watched her younger sister look around the newly built spare bedroom.

“I thought you said you had a studio apartment,” Dawn said, looking at her sister.

“Yeah, well, I had Xander build this especially for you and James, since I figured you didn’t want your private lives on display. I know I don’t,” Buffy finished.

“Thanks,” James said. “Sometimes Dawn gets all Miss Grabby Hands during the night and just won’t take no for an answer.” He walked up behind Dawn and cradled her in an embrace.

“Yep. It’s true.” Dawn answered, leaning into James. “Just call me Dr. Grabby Hands. But can you blame me? I mean look at him.”

Buffy laughed at her sister and her husband. The couple complimented each other so well. Buffy was glad to see her sister had found happiness after all she had been through. It made her wish that she could find that certain some one. “One day,” she heard Tara’s voice echo in her head. She had confided in the blonde on more than one occasion about her hopes for a loving relationship.

“So, where’s the party tonight?” Dawn asked.

“We’re having supper at Xander’s.” Buffy answered.

“God, I haven’t seen Xander and Anya in forever. Is their herd all grown up?” James asked.

“Pretty much. They’ve turned into the Jr. Scoobies. They help with all the research stuff. And Tara has been giving the twins magick lessons. She says that they could be some seriously major witches.” Buffy answered.

“Wow. I’m sure Emma and Michelle have found all kinds of uses for their power,” Dawn commented as she thought of the pranksters.

“Oh! It was hilarious yesterday. Apparently Emma and Michelle got in trouble at school for using British slang that they picked up from Giles. Anya went ballistic,” Buffy said, remembering the ex-demons grumbling.

“Sounds like them,” James interjected.

“Yeah it does,” Dawn agreed. “So Giles is here, right.”

“Yep. The old man flew in a few days ago.”

“What has he said about the situation?” Dawn questioned.

“Well, not a lot. Mainly just his typical ‘dear lord’. You know how it goes.”

“Yeah. Has he been cleaning his glasses?” Dawn asked with a smile. Giles held a special place in both of the Summers sisters hearts.

“Constantly,” Buffy answered. “He’s anxious to see you.”

“Really? Cool. I’ve missed him.” Dawn said, thinking about how she’d even missed the nasty tea the retired Watcher constantly made her drink.

“You can see him tonight at Xander’s,” Buffy informed her sister.

“Where is he staying?” Dawn asked, suddenly wondering if she and James had taken his accommodations.

“I think he’s staying with Tara and Willow tonight. He rotates between there and Xander’s. You know, so he can have equal time corrupting all his grandchildren,” Buffy finished with a smirk. Dawn laughed at the thought of the elderly man conspiring with the next generation.

“What time are we supposed to be at Xander’s?”

“7:00.”

“Is Tara at home?” Dawn questioned as she began to unpack her things.

“No. She’s at the University. I think she’ll be there until 5:00 or so,” Buffy answered.

“Do you know if she’s teaching, or if she’s researching?”

“Um, I think she teaches until 3:30 and then she does what ever professors do until 5:00.”

“Cool. I think I’ll drop by and surprise her before supper,” Dawn said. She quickly turned to James and added, “If that’s

okay with you?”

James smiled and took Dawn’s hands. “It’s fine with me sweetie. I can hang with big sis and we can talk about

you while you’re gone.” He finished his sentence with a wink at Buffy.

“Is that cool with you Buff?” Dawn asked her sister.

“You’re asking me if it’s cool to hang out with a total hunk of a husband? Let me think…um, yeah.”

“Just making sure. So, do you want me to take those stitches out now, or after dinner?”

“Now please,” Buffy answered.

“Okay. Let me get my bag,” Dawn said, searching through her stuff. She had brought a bag of emergency medical supplies just in case. After all, she was in Sunnydale. She found her bag tucked away under some clothes and searched through it for the necessary equipment. Finding what she needed, Dawn turned to Buffy.

“Dr. Summers at your service. Stitches removal is free, but the house call is going to cost you,” the brunette joked.

“Um, do you have an installment plan?” Buffy quipped back as she turned her head towards the light so Dawn could see a little better.

“For most people, yes. But my policy doesn’t cover Slayers so I’m going to have to demand it all upfront,” Dawn answered as she began removing the stitches. A few minutes later, she was done and Buffy’s lip looked good as new.

“Thanks you very much Dr. Summers. Your check is in the mail,” Buffy said, rubbing her lip. She was happy to get rid of the itchy stitches. Plus they made her look like she was trying to grow a tiny Hitler mustache. It was not the most appealing of looks for the Slayer.

“So, you guys are sure it’s okay if I go see Tara?” Dawn asked as she put away her medical equipment.

“Yes. We’ll be fine,” Buffy said, getting a bit annoyed with her sister. “James and I can occupy ourselves for a few hours. We’re adults. We can entertain ourselves. Now get going missy”

“Okay, okay. I’m going,” Dawn said as she grabbed her purse and headed for the door.

“Hang on a sec,” Buffy said, grabbing her keys and following behind Dawn. “You’re not going anywhere by yourself. Remember the Glory rule? No one goes anywhere alone.”

“Sure thing boss,” Dawn said, saluting her sister. “But can James drive? I’d like to get there in one piece.”

“Ass,” Buffy snorted. She turned to James and threw him the keys. “To the University James.”

James sighed and then laughed. Buffy never tired of the chauffer jokes. “Well, it’s still better than her driving,” he thought. The three left the apartment and headed to the University.

Dawn wandered down the hall of the Archaeology wing. After much arguing, she had finally won the right to walk to Tara’s office alone. She walked slowly, stopping at the glass displays and looking at the artifacts. Dawn had always found Tara’s line of work fascinating, and had seriously given thought to following in the blonde’s footsteps. Medicine, however, won out in the end.

Finally, Dawn reached the end of the hall and Tara’s office. She silently walked to up to the doorway and propped herself against the doorframe. Tara was engrossed in her work and didn’t notice the arrival of her visitor. The blonde was reading a paper and frowning. She took her glasses off and rubbed her temples. “How can people be so presumptuous,” she thought as she replaced her glasses. She kicked her rolling chair back and wheeled to the other side of her small office, where her bookshelf was located. She ran her fingers across the numerous volumes, searching for one in particular. Dawn smiled at the sight. She cleared her throat and the blonde finally looked her way. Tara was on her feet in an instant and Dawn quickly found herself in a hug.

“Dawn!” Tara exclaimed, releasing Dawn and stepping back to look the brunette over. “I didn’t think I’d see you ‘till later.”

“I thought I’d surprise you,” Dawn replied, grinning from ear to ear.

“Consider me surprised,” Tara replied. She motioned for Dawn to come and take a seat. Dawn walked into her office and took a seat directly across from Tara’s desk. Tara followed and closed the door behind her.

“When did you get in?” the blonde asked as she sat down behind her desk.

“A little while ago. Buffy met James and I at the airport and took us to her place. It’s nicer than I expected.”

“Xander did a good job with it,” Tara acknowledged. Dawn nodded in agreement. “I can’t believe you’re actually here.” Tara said with a smile.

“Me either,” Dawn replied. “But Buffy can be pretty convincing when she wants. Plus, I know that she wouldn’t have asked me to come back unless it was absolutely necessary.”

Tara nodded in agreement. She knew how Dawn felt about coming home and was worried that she would ignore her sister’s pleas.

“How are you doing?” Tara asked, concerned for her pseudo daughter.

“Fine I guess. I’ve only been here for a little over an hour, so nothing much has happened,” Dawn said, groaning as soon as the words left her mouth. “Well, I’m screwed,” she thought. She stood and turned to walk towards the door.

“Where are you going?” Tara asked, completely confused.

“I’m going to go run through the parking lot, trip, and twist my ankle,” Dawn replied dryly.

“Oh,” Tara said, understanding Dawn’s line of thought. “You have to take your top off first.”

Dawn burst into laughter. “You are so bad. I’ve missed your twisted sense of humor.”

“Thanks,” Tara answered. She stood up and motioned towards the door. “Let’s get out of here.”

“Don’t you have some work to finish?” Dawn asked, pointing to the paper that Tara had been engrossed in moments ago.

“Nothing that can’t wait. Besides, that particular paper was giving me a headache,” Tara finished. She turned her computer off, grabbed her personal things, and headed for the door. Dawn followed, and once the two were in the hallway, Tara closed her office door and locked it. The two walked down the corridor, catching up on what had happened since the last time they had talked.

“So James’s novel is selling well?” Tara asked as she pushed open the door that led outside.

“Yep. Better than expected. The publisher has already asked for a sequel,” Dawn answered, walking through the door and into the sunlight.

“That’s not really a surprise. James is a talented writer. He’s going to be the next Anne Rice,” Tara said. “But with out the boobs.”

“Oh, he’s got boobs. Nice, hard man boobs. And a washboard stomach to match. Oh, and his ass…,” Dawn trailed off as her eyes glazed over. Tara laughed as she watched Dawn zone out. She’d seen the same look on Buffy’s face whenever she talked about some nice looking guy. Eventually, Dawn snapped back to reality and picked back up with their conversation about her husband’s book. “But I digress. Yeah, his book is doing well. Who would have thought vampires could be so profitable?”

“So, will his sequel be about Spike, or will James continue with the Angel storyline?” Tara asked, fishing through her bag for her keys. She found them and unlocked the car doors.

“He’s not sure. The ladies love Angel and his dark broodiness, but I think the Spike story could outsell Angel easily,” Dawn answered, getting into the car.

“I agree. So, do you want to head to the house, or somewhere else? We can go get coffee if you like.”

Dawn looked thoughtfully out the window for a moment before answering. “Can we go to the cemetery?” She asked quietly.

“Sure thing,” Tara answered. Dawn’s request didn’t surprise her. She had accompanied Dawn to the cemetery on numerous occasions.

Dawn stood at her mother’s grave, staring at the headstone. “Sorry it’s been so long mom,” she whispered quietly. Slowly, she sank to the ground and began to talk with her mother.

Tara stood back and watched as Dawn spoke to her mother. She understood Dawn’s pain. Her mother had been dead for over twenty five years, but she still felt the loss. Tara looked at the woman before her. She remembered the girl she had held as Dawn cried at the loss of her mother. Tara could say nothing to help the young girl; she knew there were no words of wisdom, or comfort that would ease Dawn’s pain. Tara’s mind drifted back to her mother’s death.

***The ambulance ride to her house had been torture. Her mother had requested that she be brought home from the hospital if she were to get to the point that there was no help for her. Today, her request was being fulfilled. Tara’s mother was being brought home to die. Tara tried to talk to the ambulance driver and keep her mind off of what was really happening. She had been elected by the family to ride along, in case her mother died on the way home. In truth, she wouldn’t have had it any other way. She had spent the last two months in the hospital at her mother’s side. Tara had watched as her mother slowly wasted away as the doctors ran more and more tests, trying to keep her mother alive while they waited to see if she went into remission. Eventually, her mother became too weak eat, or fight off any kind of infection. She ended up in the ICU and had cried when she realized that there wasn’t any hope for her. She didn’t cry because she was going to die, but because she was going to miss being part of her children’s lives. Tara had stayed strong while she was with her mother, but as soon as she left the room, the blonde had broken down. Three days after that, her mother lost consciousness. The family was called in and had made the decision to bring her mother home.

Four hours later, the ambulance pulled into Tara’s driveway. The yard was full of cars, both family and friends. Tara’s father met the ambulance driver and helped the young man bring his wife into the house. Tara sat outside for a little while, trying to reign in her emotions. She hated crying in front of others. Once she had regained her composure, she made her way into the house. Her immediate family, her mother’s brother and cousins, and a few friends were gathered around her mother’s bed. Everyone was either crying, or on the verge. Tara checked the time and saw it was time for her mother’s morphine. The doctor had been very adamant about regularly giving her mother morphine. Basically, the doctor had told her whatever it took to keep her mother comfortable. So, every hour on the hour, Tara was to give her mother at least 1cc of morphine through oral injection. As she gave her mother the first dose, Tara’s brother broke down. Even though Donnie had not treated his mother in the best way, he did still love her. He fell to his knees and wept openly in front of everyone. Tara’s father had to take the young man outside to calm him down. Others in the room wept quietly. Tara took in the scene and steeled herself against all emotion. “I won’t think about it now,” she thought. “I’ll think about it later. After she’s gone, then I’ll deal with how I feel.” That became Tara’s motto for the next three days. She gave her mother her morphine every hour, setting an alarm clock at night and dozing lightly. She brushed her mother’s hair and gave her water on a sponge when her mouth was dry. Tara filled her days with anything that would keep her mind off of what was really happening. People came continually in and out of the house, at all hours of the day. Everyone brought food. It was odd, Tara thought. It was like a party in some weird way. All that was missing was her mother’s laugh. Tears welled up in Tara’s eyes and threatened to spill over, but she pushed the thought form her mind. “Later,” she told herself.

On the third day after she was brought home, Tara’s mother died. She went quietly, with her family holding her hands. Everyone, even Tara’s father, cried. Tara realized for the first time, that the one member of her family that understood her for who she was, was truly gone.***

Tara came back to the present and realized that she had tears streaming down her face. Dawn sat in front of her, holding one of the blonde’s hands. Tara smiled and quickly wiped away the tears. Dawn squeezed her hand lovingly.

“Thinking about her?” Dawn asked.

“Yeah. I still miss her, you know?” Tara answered, staring past Dawn and into the horizon.

“Yeah, I know exactly how you feel,” Dawn replied. She pulled the blonde into a hug. “Wanna go have a cup of coffee before we head home and talk?”

“I’d love that Dawn,” Tara answered genuinely.

Tara and Dawn walked arm in arm down the street after leaving the coffee shop. They had talked about their mothers and finished their conversation on a less intense note. Dawn was now telling Tara about some of her more bizarre medical cases as the two walked towards the car. Suddenly, a well dressed woman stepped out in front of them, blocking their path.

“Well, look what the cat dragged in,” Glory said, lifting her chin towards Dawn.

“Get behind me,” Tara whispered to Dawn. Dawn immediately stepped behind Tara and pulled a small dagger that she had hidden in the waist of her pants.

“Aww, look at mama bear protecting her cub. How cute is that?” Glory said as she circled the two women.

“What do you want Glory?” Tara hissed.

“Why do you people keep asking me that? I wouldn’t tell the Slayer, and I’m sure as hell not telling you. I just wanna have some fun for right now,” the hell god said, stepping towards Tara.

“Hold,” Tara said as she waved her hand at Glory. The hell god stopped in her tracks.

“Mmmm, power. Nice, witchy woman. Did your lover teach you that one?”

“No, but she did teach me this one,” Tara said as she held out her hands. “Push.” Glory was thrown across the parking lot. Tara looked back at Dawn, who had taken a defensive stance behind her, and motioned to the car. Both women broke into a sprint. Unfortunately, Glory was faster.

“Aww, where you goin’ in such a hurry, lover? We’re just getting warmed up.” Glory grabbed Tara by the wrist and spun her. Dawn skidded to a stop, raising her dagger. Tara opened her mouth to utter another spell, but Glory’s hand closed around it like a vice. She pulled Tara up against her body and turned her so she was facing Dawn. “Now now, precious. Let’s play fair. Actually, how about I play and you just hang around for the fun.”

Tara locked eyes with Dawn and motioned to the car. Dawn shook her head no and took a step towards Glory. Glory grinned as she saw Dawn heading towards her. “Well, look who grew up. And how pretty you turned out. The monks out did themselves with you,” the hell god said, looking Dawn over. “I bet big sis is jealous.”

“Let her go,” Dawn said through clenched teeth.

“Or what? You’ll tell on me? Whoo hoo, I’m scared. No, I’m going to have some fun with this witch. Actually, I think she has something of mine,” Glory said as she caressed Tara’s temple. Tara whimpered as she remembered how it felt when the hell god took her mind. She had to do something if she didn’t want that to happen again, and she had to do it fast. Quickly, the blonde devised a plan. She stomped down on Glory’s foot and bit her hand at the same time. The hell god let go and howled in pain.

“Bitch!” she yelled as she slapped Tara across the face. The blow sent Tara to the ground. The blonde’s head swam as she fought to keep conscious.

“Hey! No one treats Tara like that!” Dawn yelled as she threw her dagger. Her blade caught Glory in the thigh and again the hell god screamed in pain.

“That’s it!” Glory screamed as she pulled the dagger from her leg. “I just wanted to have some fun, but you know what? You’ve pissed me off. Now you’re going to pay,” the hell god said as she started for Dawn.

“Away,” Tara managed to get out before Glory could reach Dawn. Glory shimmered for a minute and then disappeared. Tara collapsed and Dawn was instantly at her side assessing her injuries. From the looks of it, Tara was going to have one nasty black eye.

“Are you okay?” Dawn asked as she helped Tara to her feet and then to the car.

“I think so,” Tara answered. Dawn ran her fingers over the side of Tara’s face, feeling for any broken bones. “Oww,” Tara grimaced as Dawn’s fingers touched her temple.

“Sorry,” Dawn said as she finished her exam. “I don’t think anything is broken, but you’re going to have a nice shiner to show off. Where’d you send Glory?”

“Who knows?” Tara said, shrugging her shoulders. “Away?” she quipped, trying to lighten the situation. Dawn rolled her eyes and then laughed. Suddenly, her laugh stopped and a look of fear crawled across her face.

“Willow’s going to go ballistic,” Dawn whispered.

“Probably,” Tara conceded. She sighed and looked at Dawn. “Welcome home.”

Post subject: yeah an update
PostPosted: Sun Feb 20, 2005 10:32 pm 
Excellent update. Can't wait for the next one. I love this story so much.

Post subject: Re: yeah an update
PostPosted: Mon Feb 21, 2005 1:12 am 
great update. i love the grown up dawn. much more like season seven dawn and not the whiny, petulant kid from earlier seasons often recalled in fics. i've been trying to get the timeline down on this story. am i right in that the scoobies are all about 45 and dawn is 39ish? there was a reference to joyce having died 25 years ago. i know i shouldn't get caught up on silly details like that, and you probably mentioned it somewhere already, but my brain fixates easily and i'll lay awake at night doing the math unless you help me out :)

anyway, thanks for another wonderful update. i love this story and seeing what might have been. looking forward to the next installment and hoping for some sam the slayer action too.

brandy

"i'm not like the girls that you've known but i believe i'm worth coming home to." tori amos, sleeps with butterflies

Post subject: Re: yeah an update
PostPosted: Mon Feb 21, 2005 8:06 am 
YAY!!!!!

I love this fic!! love it! one of my favorites. Willow's gonna go completly bonkers... I expect hystria from the redhead and tears from the blonde. But they're together - so things will go alright at the end! :) Hopefully, anyway.

Great update... any chance of getting one soon? :)

Edited by: Warduke at: 4/19/05 11:17 am

PostPosted: Mon Feb 21, 2005 9:15 am 
Doctor Dawnie comes home! Dawn and James are so cute together. And he and Buffy seem to have a good relationship as well. Loved the line from Dawn;

Quote:
“You look exactly the same. I want the non-aging gene,” she pouted."

Tara re-living her mom's sickness and death was very sad. Figures Glory would be at the cemetery on Dawn's first day back.

-anna

PostPosted: Mon Feb 21, 2005 9:58 am 
Well I just found this fic and I must say I'm thoroughly enjoying it so far. I love that it's got an older version of Willow and Tara in it, as well as their daughter and Xander and Anya's kids. It's nice to see that whole family dynamic played out. I also love that you brought Glory back. She was probably my favorite out of all the Big Bads over the seasons, so it's nice to see her and her mayhem loving self back in action. Just don't let her have too much fun;)

"Heaven's not a place that you go when you die...it's that moment in life when you actually feel alive"

PostPosted: Mon Feb 21, 2005 4:48 pm 
Wow, that was a helluva long update! :pinky

I like kick-ass Tara. "Away?"... Ha! :laugh

I was a little worried there for a second, but you took care of them as always. But I don't want any :devilish or any :sob going on, you hear? I just want clean wholesome :wtkiss

PostPosted: Mon Feb 21, 2005 10:26 pm 
Great update. Dawn sure had one hell of a homecoming. Hugs and love from Buffy and Tara and then Glory. I'll be waiting for the next update. Traveler

PostPosted: Wed Feb 23, 2005 12:19 am 
Hello once again. Hope you all liked the update. The next one's on its way. Thanks for all your feed back! Like I keep saying, it really helps.

Cperrins78: Thanks! I think my head is about five sizes bigger thanks to your compliments.

Kisstheviolets: Yeah, grown up Dawn is cool. You sound like my roommate about the timeline. Okay, here it is:

Buffy, Tara, Willow, Xander, and Anya are 42.

Dawn is 37 and James is 40.

Sam and Jack are 17.

Emma and Michelle are 16.

Megan and Kate are 15.

Giles is 65.

Willow and Tara were married at age 22 and have been married for 20 years. They were 25 when Sam was born.

Sam was 4 during the first flashback. She has been the Slayer for 6 months.

Faith was 42 and has been dead for 6 months.

Dawn has been gone for 4 and a half years. She's been married for five years and Philip has been dead for seven years.

I hope this clarifies some things for you. I know it helped my roommate.

Truck Driving Magic Mama: Yep, Willow's gonna lose it. Thanks for the compliment too.

Irishgrl3: Yay for Dawn and James! Grown up Dawn is cool, right? Tara's memory of her mother's death was painful, especially since it was based on what happened to me about a month ago.

Stillrunning: Glad you like the story. I love writing the big family dynamic. Like I've said several times before, Glory is my all time favorite Baddy.

Watersong84: Kickass Tara is well, kickass. Don't worry, I won't let things get too out of hand...

Traveler4069: Hey, it wouldn't be Sunnydale if there wasn't some evil welcome home gathering. Thanks for the encouragement

PostPosted: Wed Feb 23, 2005 12:25 am 
Title -Time Goes On

Author - Rogue2727

Disclaimer - I don't own Mutant Enemy or any of its characters. I'm just borrowing them for this story. Please don't sue me.

Summary- Bad things still happen in Sunnydale. Everyone is older and there are a few new players. Enjoy.

Notes- Set about 20 years after Season Six. Everything happened the same except Tara lived (obviously) after being shot. Not that much Willow and Tara in the beginnning, but that will change as the story progresses.

Hey guys! Here's the next update. Please leave feedback. It helps me write!

“Mom! Emma’s eating all the rolls,” Jack yelled as he glared at his sister. She was munching on her fourth dinner roll.

“Emma, stop eating all the rolls. You’re going to fill up on bread,” Anya yelled from the kitchen as she pulled the roast out of the oven. Jack stuck his tongue out at his sister and was immediately assaulted by half-eaten dinner roll.

“Why in the hell did I let them talk me into having Dawn’s welcome home dinner here?” she muttered. Anya took off her pot holders and checked the other dishes that were cooking on top of the stove. “Potatoes need more salt,” she thought to herself after a quick taste. She salted the potatoes and then tasted the other three sides that were simmering. “Perfect,” the ex-demon said with a smile. Those cooking lessons that she had taken from Tara had definitely paid off.

“Jack! Are you done setting the table?” Anya yelled from the kitchen as she opened a bottle of red and bottle of white wine. Jack stuck his head into the kitchen.

‘Yep. All set.”

“Good. Are Dawn and Tara here yet?”

“Nope. But Buffy said she told Dawn what time to be here and Tara knows, so they should be here soon,” Jack relayed to his mother.

“They’d better hurry up. The food’s ready and I don’t want it to get cold. I didn’t stay in this kitchen for two hours for nothing,” Anya huffed.

“I’ll pass the message along,” Jack said with a smile. “Oh, here they come now.”

“About damn time, “Anya grumbled. She put her potholders back on, grabbed the roast, and backed through the kitchen door. “I hope you have a damn good reason for being…” the ex-demon’s voice trailed off as she caught sight of Tara and Dawn. The entire room was quiet. Emma leaned over to Jack and whispered, “Man am I glad I ate all those rolls.” Jack looked as his sister and nodded.

“Mama!” Sam cried as she saw her beaten mother walk through the door. She was at Tara’s side in an instant, checking over her blackened eye. “What the hell happened?”

“I’d like to know that too?” Buffy said calmly.

“Glory jumped us,” Dawn answered. She guided Tara to the nearest chair and the blonde sat down. James came up behind her and Dawn sank into his body. “She grabbed Tara and threatened her. Tara bit her and then did some spell that made her disappear,” the brunette informed her sister.

“You bit Glory?” Xander said in disbelief. “Like bit her, bit her, with your teeth?”

“That’s usually how it works, Xander,” Tara replied.

“How’d she taste?” Anya asked. Everyone turned and stared at the ex-demon. “What? You’re all thinking it. I just said it.”

“Okay… not what I was thinking, but anyway. Are either of you seriously injured?” Buffy asked.

“No, just a little banged up,” Dawn answered. “I checked Tara and she’s fine. Just that nasty black eye.”

“It could have been much worse,” Giles said from behind them. He’d remained seated as the rest of the group rushed to make sure Dawn and Tara were all right.

“You’re right, it could have been,” Tara said, looking around. “Um, where’s Willow?” Everyone in the room looked at each other, but no one knew where Willow had gotten to.

“It’s worse,” Anya commented, pointing to the now open back door.

Willow walked down the street. The air around her popped and sizzled. Energy bolts ran across her fingertips. One thought ran across the witch’s mind. “Glory will pay.” Willow wasn’t conscious of where her legs were taking her. She wasn’t even conscious of the fact that she had left the house. All she was aware of was the fact that Glory had to pay. Suddenly, a voice entered her mind.

“Will, where are you?

“Tara?” Willow whispered. She stopped walking, looked around, and realized she was no longer at Anya’s house.

“I see her!” she heard a voice yell.

“Willow, baby, don’t move. We’re coming to get you.” Tara’s voice said to her mind. Minutes later, the entire Scooby group was surrounding the redheaded witch.

“Whatcha doin’ Willster?” Xander said, his hands in his pockets.

“Glory must pay,” Willow said quietly.

“She will,” Buffy answered. “We will stop her.”

“Yes, we will. If she wants to play, then let’s play,” Willow said too calmly.

Anya leaned into to Xander. “Have any more crayon stories in case she goes all crazy with the black power again? Perhaps something in a blue or red?” The ex-demon whispered. Before Xander could answer, the wind picked up.

“Willow, sweetie, you need to calm down.” Tara said soothingly, trying to calm the witch.

“I am calm,” Willow replied. She held her hands out to the group and began chanting. Everyone in the group felt a slight twinge. The twinge became a tug, and then a steady pull. The energy Willow was pulling from everyone began glow and pulse in the night sky. The group watched in awe as energy left their bodies and danced around Willow. A few minutes later, most of the glow that had surrounded the Scoobies began to dissipate. Only three strands of light continued to flow towards Willow. Sam, Buffy, and Tara felt the pull as energy continued to leave their bodies. The redheaded witch held her hands up towards the sky. Golden tendrils of energy swirled around Willow as she continued to chant. Willow threw her head back as the energy raced into her body. The witch held the pulsating energy then simply said, “Release.”

A sonic boom ripped through Sunnydale. Willow fell to her knees, hands still raised to the sky as the borrowed energy ripped through her body. A blinding light shot from the witch’s small body. The Scoobies were knocked to the ground as the repercussion blast hit. Tara was the first to look up after the blast washed over them. She saw Willow, frozen, still on her knees. Tara pushed herself up and made her way to her wife.

“Sshh, baby. I’m here,” Tara said as she gathered Willow in her arms. The redhead witch fell into the embrace her lover offered.

“What happened?” Buffy asked as she picked herself up off the ground. She held out a hand and helped Sam up. One by one, the group got to their feet. Everyone’s eyes were on Willow as Buffy asked her question again. “Willow, what did you do?”

Willow looked up at her friend. “I made Glory pay,” she said simply and then passed out.

“I can’t believe that stupid witch bit me!” Glory yelled as she continued her rant to no one. It had been an hour since her encounter with Dawn and Tara. The hell god was definitely not having a good day. The blonde witch had bitten her, Dawn had stabbed her, and then to top it off, she had ended up in the middle of the desert and was now walking, trying to make her way back to her apartment. “That damn witch is going to pay,” Glory mumbled as the heel of her shoe broke. “Damn it! This day can’t possibly get any worse!”

It was as if the gods themselves heard Glory’s taunt. The sky broke and a golden bolt of energy fell from it. It struck the hell god down in her tracks. A shriek rose from Glory’s throat as she writhed in pain. The last thing she remembered before she passed out was a young redhead saying something about owing her pain.

Sam carried her mom upstairs to Jack’s bedroom. She laid Willow down on the bed and stepped back, studying her mother’s features. The redhead seemed so small and frail lying there.

“Looks can be deceiving,” Tara said, sensing her daughter’s thoughts. Her eye’s strayed from her wife to her daughter. That statement was meant for both redheads.

Sam nodded in acknowledgement of her mother’s statement, though she never took her eyes of Willow. She knew that her mom wielded great power and had seen glimpses of it here and there, but she had never actually felt that raw, untamed power. The magnitude of what Willow was really capable of was quickly becoming a realization. Sam had always known that both her parents were powerful witches, but she has never thought about what that exactly entailed. The young Slayer turned to Tara.

“She really did almost destroy the world, didn’t she?”

“Yes,” Tara answered solemnly. Her mind flashed back to that day in front of the window. She had been shot by Warren and had died, driving Willow into murderous rage. Only by the grace of the Goddess had she been returned, as the Goddess deemed it wasn’t the blonde’s time. Tara woke up in the hospital a week later, and Buffy told her what had happened. She had been found by Dawn, who had immediately called for an ambulance and Tara had been in the hospital ever since. Willow was already in England, having been pushed by Giles to get to the coven as soon as possible. He assured the redhead her girlfriend would recover. A month later, Tara was at Willow’s side and two months after that, the couple was married by a coven priestess. Tara came back to the present and looked at Sam. She knew that Sam had always brushed the story off as exaggeration. Now, her daughter was faced with the reality that her mother wielded the power to destroy them all.

“Do you have that kind of power too?” The young redhead asked.

“Yes.” Tara said quietly. “The Goddess bestowed me with that kind of power to balance out Willow. She will always retain the magick she took from the darkness, but she has learned to wield it as a power of light. I am the last defense should she turn back to the darkness.”

“Holy shit,” Sam whispered. “What she did earlier, was it based in dark magick?”

“No. What she did earlier was simply draw power from others. She had to ask the Goddess permission before she acted, and apparently the Goddess granted her request because we all saw and felt what happened,” Tara told her daughter. She squared her shoulders and looked Sam in the eye. “Willow does NOT play with dark magick anymore. She hasn’t since she went to England. Sam, do you understand that your mom would never use dark magick again?”

“Yes ma’am. I understand,” Sam answered somberly. “So that spell she did, what does it do?”

“I’m not sure, but my guess is it put a major hurt on Glory,” Tara said looking over Sam’s shoulder at her wife.

“Good,” Sam said bitterly.

“Sam, why don’t you go down stairs and tell everybody they can eat. Will’s going to be unconscious for a little while, so there’s no point in waiting. I’ll be down in a bit,” the blonde finished as she walked over and took a seat on the bed. She gently began stroking Willow’s hair.

“Okay. Mama, are you all right?”

“Yes sweetie, I’m fine,” Tara reassured her.

“Just making sure,” Sam said with a smile of relief. “I’ll be down stairs if you need me.”

”And I’ll be right here if you need me,” the blonde answered.

Sam came down the stairs to find everyone sitting in the living room, not knowing quite what to do with themselves. The young Slayer immediately went to Buffy and relayed the information Tara had given her.

“Mama said for everyone to go ahead and eat. Apparently it’s going to be a while before mom wakes up.” Buffy nodded and was about to speak, when she was interrupted by Anya

“So, is Willow okay?” Anya questioned. “I mean, is Xander going to have to break into the Crayolas?”

“Anya!” Xander snapped.

“It’s okay,” Sam said, absentmindedly waving her hand in the air. “No, Xander isn’t going to have to break out the Crayolas. I talked to mama and she said that mom’s spell was light based, so everything’s going to be okay. “

“So, no scary dark magick Willow, right?” Dawn clarified.

“Right. Mama will explain it better when she comes down later.”

“What did Willow do with that spell?” Buffy finally asked.

“Don’t know,” Sam said shrugging her shoulders. “Mama said it probably hurt Glory though. We can ask mom after she wakes up.”

Buffy again nodded her head. She would definitely find out what the spell did later. Right now though, she had other things on her mind. “So, who’s hungry?”

“Ah, yes. How I’ve missed the infamous Slayer appetite,” Giles mused as he made his way into the kitchen.

“At least it’s not that other Slayer urge,” Dawn said as the kitchen door swung closed behind Giles.

“Dawn! Children!” Buffy exclaimed as she motioned to the twins, Jack, and Sam. Dawn grinned and shrugged her shoulders.

“What are you talking about?” Sam asked Dawn, as they too filed into the kitchen.

“Um, you might want to ask Willow about that,” Dawn replied, turning slightly red. Sam made a mental note to ask her mom what Dawn and Buffy were talking about and then began helping herself to the food.

Willow yawned and opened her eyes. She immediately snuggled deeper into the embrace that Tara had her wrapped in.

“Welcome back sweetie,” a voice called from behind her. Willow smiled and stretched. She rolled over to look at Tara and was greeted by a smile. Her own smile fell the second her eyes met Tara’s. Tara’s right eye was black and purple and swollen halfway shut. Willow frowned as she tentively reached out and touched her wife’s injury. Then she remembered. Glory. Glory had hurt Tara and Willow had made her pay.

“I’m sorry baby,” the redhead said as she gently kissed Tara.

“It’s okay Will. How do you feel?”

“Mmmm, I feel good,” Willow said, stretching. “Rested. How about you? I didn’t pull too much energy from you guys did I?”

“No, you didn’t. I think it freaked Sam out though. She’d never seen either of us use that kind of power before.”

Willow sighed. She hadn’t thought about her actions. Hell, she hadn’t thought about anything. She had merely reacted to what Glory had done.

“I guess I need to explain some things to her, huh.” The redhead said as she moved to a sitting position on the bed.

“It might help. I’ve already talked to her, but I think if you talked too, it would help her sort some things out,” Tara replied as she also raised herself to a sitting position.

“Was everyone else freaked?”

“Um, a little,” Tara answered truthfully. “I think everyone was worried you were going to lose it again and go all black eyed girl. Actually, they shouldn’t have worried. I already have that covered,” the blonde finished as she pointed at her own black eye.

“Oh sweetie,” Willow whimpered, taking the blonde into her arms and hugging her. “Does it hurt? ‘Cuz it looks like it does.”

“It looks worse than it is. We can do a healing spell later if you feel up to it,” Tara said, reassuring her wife.

“Most definitely. So, you want to go down stairs?”

“Sure. I hear that Anya made a killer roast.”

“Yum. Your recipe?”

“Yep,” the blonde said, getting up and walking into the hall.

“Then I’m there,” Willow said, following her wife.

The pair walked down the stairs and made their way to the kitchen. They helped themselves and then headed to the dining room, where everyone was settled around the table. All eyes turned to the redheaded witch as she entered the room. She smiled nervously and waved.

“Hey guys,” Willow said, sitting down next to Buffy. Tara quietly sat down on her other side. “So, what’s going on?”

“We’re eating,” Dawn quipped. “Hence the food,” she said pointing to everyone’s plates with her fork.

“Dawnie!” Willow exclaimed. She jumped up and hugged the brunette and her chair from behind. In all the excitement, Willow hadn’t spoken to Dawn. She had talked to James when he and Buffy arrived and was looking forward to seeing her other ‘child’.

“Hey Willow,” Dawn said laughing. She stood up and hugged the redhead for all she was worth. The two finally released each other, smiling.

“Wow, you look amazing Dawn,” Willow said looking the younger woman over.

“That’s what I’ve been told. So, you hungry after working the major mojo?” Dawn asked nonchalantly.

Willow’s smile faltered, but the look on Dawn’s face reassured her that she was more concerned about Willow than what had happened.

“Yeah, a little bit. I guess I owe everyone an explanation, huh.”

“That might be a good idea Will,” Buffy interjected.

“Well, I kinda lost it when I saw Tara. But, not in a scary, evil way,” Willow quickly added. “Actually, I wanted to talk to you guys about that. I know that I freaked everyone out when I turned to the dark magick all those years ago. I also know that you all still worry that something will happen and I will fall back into the darkness,” Willow drew a breath and continued. “But I want you all to know that that will never happen again. I’ve grown up in the past twenty years and matured not only as a person, but also as a witch. I know what I did was wrong and I don’t want my friends to worry about something that will never happen again. What happened tonight wasn’t evil or based in dark magick. Basically, I wanted to pay Glory back, so I made a plea to the Goddess. She granted my request and let me borrow energy from you guys. That’s where the big glowy stuff came from. Anyway, I focused, then released all the energy and let’s just say Tara’s black eye is nothing compared to what Glory is feeling,” Willow finished with a smirk.

“So you zapped her,” Anya said, stabbing a carrot. “Like a bug that flies into those zappy things?”

“Pretty much,” Willow answered, taking a bite of her roast. “Oh my god Anya, this is incredible.”

“It is, isn’t,” the ex-demon said with a smile. “Tara showed me how to cook it and then I added my own special ingredient.”

“What did you put on it?” James asked, digging into his second helping.

“Bourbon and honey,” Anya answered.

“You put my cough syrup on it?” Xander asked exasperated.

“Yes, I did,” the ex-demon answered, matter of factly. “And look how well it turned out.” No one could really argue with her on that one.

“Well, I have to admit Anya, your roast is fantastic, no matter what you did to it,” Giles praised as he cleaned his plate.

“Thank you Giles,” Anya said, smiling. “See even Giles can appreciate my cooking and he’s old.”

Giles groaned as the rest of the table laughed. Dawn looked around at everyone enjoying themselves. She smiled as she realized that for the first time in four and a half years, she felt like she was home.

PostPosted: Wed Feb 23, 2005 6:36 am 
Sam freaking out is understandable, if she hasn't seen the extent of her mom's power before. But the other scoobs? Shame on them. It's been over 20 years already, give her a break and don't assume black magick everytime.

This from Tara scares me though:
Quote:
I am the last defense should she turn back to the darkness
I feel like even gods are never going to forgive her for almost destroying the world, what more can she do to prove she's trustworthy?

------

quiet thoughts

PostPosted: Wed Feb 23, 2005 7:40 am 
So sorry you had to go through a similar experience a month ago.

Wow, first Tara and now Willow putting the whammy on Glory. I was a little concerned about Willow and her magic use as well, glad it wasn't the black eyed veiny girl. Nobody messes with her girl. :D

-anna

Edited by: Irishgrl3 at: 2/23/05 6:46 am

PostPosted: Wed Feb 23, 2005 7:44 am 
Awesome update. I loved the explanation of how Tara came back and also how she is the last line of defense if willow used dark magics again. Can't wait for the next update. I hope it's soon.

PostPosted: Wed Feb 23, 2005 10:50 am 
So I have to admit that Willow doing the big 'major mojo' as Dawn put it, had me a little worried. Sitting here going 'Oy not again!'. But Tara's there to balance her out just in case, so it's all good, though it would be fantastic if she never needed to.

"Heaven's not a place that you go when you die...it's that moment in life when you actually feel alive"

PostPosted: Wed Feb 23, 2005 11:37 am 
:bow

Great update!

PostPosted: Wed Feb 23, 2005 7:55 pm 
Yay! Great update! :pinky

I have to admit, you had me a little worried there with Willow and all that power - I definately was thinking the same thing as Anya. But all's well that ends well, I suppose. :applause

PostPosted: Thu Feb 24, 2005 11:23 am 
Yay, I love this. :)

The update was great [I actually think I read it first, coz like, I saw you put it up.. lol.. been naughty with the late fb.. :blush ] but anyway, this was a really interesting update!

as the next chapter of my last fb.. I thought Will was going to have some nervous breakdown, actually, not a big time glory rage-athon.. lol.. which was really fun to read, coz I like to be surprised ;) So yeah, good one! :D

I love Anya in this too.. She's really cool, all with the roast making.. lol.. I can't believe I said that, I'm a vegetarian. LoL.

Either way... Great update! woohoo! feel the love! :D

Edited by: Warduke at: 4/19/05 11:17 am

PostPosted: Thu Feb 24, 2005 12:49 pm 
Hey Hey! Thanks for all the great feedback. I feel loved:)

hidden watson:Yeah, the Scoobs need to drop it all ready. Willow's paid her price.

Cperrins: Thanks! Tara is not a force to be reconed with, so don't piss her off...

Irishgrl3: Thank you for your sympathy. It's been a hard month. Anyway, yep, Tara and Willow both put the whammy on Glory. Sucks to be her right now. And you're totally right when you say nobody messes with Willow's girl.

Stillrunning: Willow came through in the end. Who knows what might happen later...

xonethousandtears08x: Thanks bunches!!!

Watersong84: Thanks! Hopefully Willow has put all that badness behind her...

truck driving magic mama: Okay, you're making me blush with the multitude of compliments. Thank you very much. I feel special:) Yeah, I was contemplating a major breakdown and rage-o-thon, but then I figured that's what everyone expected, so I didn't do it. Hehe. I absolutely love Anya. She's freaking hilarious. Apparently, she's also a freakin' amazing cook:) I'm a vegetarian too, but I cook a mean roast for all my friends. Maybe that's where anya get's it:wink

PostPosted: Thu Feb 24, 2005 12:56 pm 
Title -Time Goes On

Author - Rogue2727

Okay, here's the next update. I'm going out of town, so it'll be a little while before I can get the next one up. Hope you all enjoy. Let me know what you think.

Buffy and Sam walked through the graveyard. Buffy had decided that it would be a good idea to patrol after supper, so the two Slayers set out soon after they finished eating. Both were shouldering swords and had stakes at the ready. So far, it had been a pretty uneventful patrol. They had run across one fledgling vampire that decided to try his luck against the two Slayers. The fight, if one could call it that, was over in a matter of seconds. Now the two were shuffling along, talking.

“Buffy, you fought mom when she was all evil, right?”

“Yeah, if you want to call it that. She roundly kicked my ass,” Buffy said, remembering the knock down drag out she had with Willow all those years ago.

“And she killed Warren and then almost ended the world, right?” Sam asked as she propped herself against a headstone.

“Yep,” Buffy answered, taking a seat beside Sam. She looked at the young woman before and could see the thoughts that were flashing across her face. “Your mom working the mojo got you a little wigged?”

“Yeah, I’ve never actually seen her or mama use power like that. I guess I never thought about it before. I mean, I’ve always been like’ hey my parents are witches, cool’. I’ve seen them do some pretty powerful spells, but I’ve never experienced anything like what I saw tonight.” Sam said, poking at the ground with her sword.

“Well, I guess that’s where the old gang has a leg up on you. We’ve all seen Willow at her worst, so it’s doesn’t freak us out as much.”

Sam looked at Buffy and laughed. Buffy looked around, trying to figure out what was so funny. Eventually, Sam stopped laughing and looked at Buffy.

“If all you guys are so cool with mom using the magick, why all the talk about crayons. Doesn’t exactly convey a vote of confidence in mom.”

“Sam, you don’t understand. Your mom almost destroyed the world. We wanted to be prepared for the just in case.”

“Okay, mom screwed up royally. We all know that. But it was so long ago and she’s different now, right?”

“Well, yeah, but…” Buffy was cut off by Sam.

“It’s like you guys really don’t trust her when push comes to shove. She can control her power. Hell, you guys forgave Angel for all the stuff he did, and he was way worse than mom,” Sam finished. She looked to her mentor for an answer.

Buffy started to answer, but then stopped. Why had they all assumed crash positions tonight? Willow hadn’t used dark magick in over twenty years. She had told Buffy years ago that she would die before turning to the darkness again. So why the major freak out? Willow had matured in her power and had proven herself many times before tonight. Sam made a good point. Buffy looked at her apprentice, amazed at her insight.

Sam shrugged her shoulders and looked off into the night sky. “I’m just saying.”

“No. You’re right. I keep playing the ‘what if’ game and that shouldn’t be the case. Willow is not the same person she was then. She deserves my trust,” the Slayer said, guilt evident in her voice. “And an apology.”

Sam smiled and then leaned over to hug Buffy. “It’s hard to forgive, Buffy. But at some point, we all need it.”

“When did you get all insightful?” the elder Slayer asked.

“It’s something I leaned from watching mama,” the young redhead said with a grin.

“She’s a special lady, Sam. Both of your parents are. Don’t ever forget that.”

“Trust me, I won’t.” Sam answered. She stood up and resumed her patrol. Buffy followed suit, and soon the pair had swept the entire cemetery.

“So, can we call it a night, or do you want to hit the other cemetery?” Sam asked.

“Hmm, let’s do a quick sweep and then we’ll head home.” Buffy answered.

The two made their way across town and entered the second cemetery. Five vampires greeted them as they walked through the gate.

“Slayers!” the largest of the group hissed. “Looks like we get a special meal tonight boys!” He called to the others behind him.

Sam looked at Buffy. “I’ve got this one,” she said, handing Buffy her sword and falling into a fighting stance.

“Sure thing. Yell if you need some help,” Buffy replied. She stood back and leaned against the gate as her protégé pulled a stake from her pants and began to fight with the vampires.

Sam sized her enemies up quickly as Buffy had taught her. She did a sweep kick and tripped the largest of the vampires, dusting him quickly as he fell to the ground. Two of the others rushed her, but Sam was too quick for them. She rolled out of the way and came up behind them. She grabbed one by the shoulder and spun him, staking him as he spun. The others regrouped, unsure if they wanted to continue the fight or run.

“Hey, don’t tell me you’re afraid of a little girl,” Sam taunted. “I’m not even the good Slayer and you’re thinking of running away? What will your friends think?”

Apparently Sam stuck a nerve. The vampires growled and all three rushed her. She punched the first to reach her and then quickly went into a series of spins and kicks to knock the other two vampires down. They picked themselves up and came at her again. Sam motioned to Buffy and Buffy tossed her a sword. Sam caught it and in two smooth swings, she decapitated two of the vampires. Only one remained. Sam and the vamp circled each other. Buffy watched with interest to see what her apprentice had up her sleeve. Sam smiled and threw her sword to the vampire. He caught it and looked as Sam puzzled.

“Don’t get cocky!” Buffy yelled from the side line. Sam turned to her and grinned mischievously. Buffy had no idea what she was planning, but she knew it was going to b good.

The vampire didn’t waste any time with his new gift. He charged Sam, swinging viciously as he came forward. Sam didn’t try to defend herself. She merely stepped this way and that, effectively dodging the deadly swings. Buffy was impressed by the young redhead’s agility, but she was beginning to get bored.

“Will you just dust him already,” She yelled to her student. Sam nodded and did another sweep kick, knocking the vamp to the ground. She picked up the sword he had dropped and held it to his throat. The vampire swallowed as he realized her was about to meet his end. Sam stared at him a minute and then simply turned and walked away.

“Hey! You can’t leave him there! He’s evil!,” Buffy yelled as she started for vampire who had quickly gotten to his feet and started to run off. Buffy shot a very unhappy look at Sam, but Sam merely smiled. She turned to watch the vampire run for a minute and then held out her hand.

“Incinerate,” Sam calmly said. Immediately, the running vampire burst into flames and disappeared.

Buffy looked at her apprentice in disbelief. “When the hell did you learn to do that?” She demanded. Before Sam could answer, the sound of clapping came from behind a nearby tree and a lone figure stepped out into the open.

“Bravo,” a male voice said.

“Oh my god,” Buffy blurted. “Spike?”

PostPosted: Thu Feb 24, 2005 1:33 pm 
Nice talk with Buffy and Sam, seems that Sam came across as the wise one though. Must be good genes. And Spike makes an appearance... that should prove interesting. Have a great time out of town.

-anna

PostPosted: Thu Feb 24, 2005 1:58 pm 
Well well, just as we have Glory show up and subsequently get her skanky ass booted to who-knows-where, we have Spike show up?! Hmm...makes you wonder. Spike was definately my second favorite Big Bad though...such a badass...I loved it. And it's nice to see Sam get Buffy to see that maybe they overreacted towards Willow a little bit. Great update!

Post subject: thanks
PostPosted: Thu Feb 24, 2005 2:12 pm 
I got goosebumps just reading who the visitor was. I can't wait till you get back. Thanks for the update.

Post subject: Re: thanks
PostPosted: Thu Feb 24, 2005 2:55 pm 
Awesome fighting scene.

Hmm..I wonder what Spike is up to..

More please?

PostPosted: Thu Feb 24, 2005 11:15 pm 
thanks for the chronology lesson. i can sleep now! :banana i agree with xonethousandtears08x, that was a great fight scene. so sam has her mothers' witchy powers in addition to being a slayer?? she might end up outlasting buffy (who seems to show no signs of letting up). i'm stoked that you brought spike in, i'm wondering what happened with his relationship with buffy after regaining his soul and what he's up to now that's obviously kept him away from the scoobs.

great update, keep 'em coming :)

brandy

"i'm not like the girls that you've known but i believe i'm worth coming home to." tori amos, sleeps with butterflies

PostPosted: Sat Feb 26, 2005 12:30 pm 
Yay! :applause

I was wondering if Sam had inhereted any of the magic from her moms - or at least learned it from them. And she's all insightful, and sometimes funny... You really did write Willow and Tara's daughter to be their daughter... Exactly. I don't know if that made any sense... I like her, that's what I was trying to convey.

Hmmm. Spike? I wonder how long he's been away... I always did have a soft spot for the poor bloke. Hehe. :applause :pinky

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 116 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next