The Kitten, the Witches and the Bad Wardrobe - Willow & Tara Forever

General Chat  || Kitten  || WaV  || Pens  || Mi2  || GMP  || TiE  || FAQ  || Feed - The Kitten, the Witches and the Bad Wardrobe

All times are UTC - 8 hours [ DST ]

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 298 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 6, 7, 8, 9, 10
 Post subject: Re: Sodas and Snack Machines
PostPosted: Sat Apr 30, 2005 12:07 am 
2. Floating Rose

i like your update. i am very sad at the moment cuz i do not like the idea of the two being away from each other as it sounds like they will in your story. secondly, i think the first part of this chapter is a tear jerker. i am a hopeless romantic and the fact that :tara gave :willow her diary/journal was so very cute. you have definitely capture they're cuteness together. i hope we see more of it soon. keep up the great work.

~*Shawna*~

PostPosted: Sat Apr 30, 2005 2:11 am 
12. Recently Gay

Lovely update! It´s sad to see this story coming to the end. :cry I´m sure Willow and Tara will find a way.

*lil´c*

PostPosted: Mon May 02, 2005 7:05 am 
3. Flaming O

That was so cute and yet sooo sad :happycry . They are going to have to leave soon and all I want is for them to just run away together :wtkiss .
I can't wait to see how you end this wonderful story. Geat Job !

PostPosted: Mon May 02, 2005 7:30 am 
5. Willowhand

*sniff, sniff*

No, they can't be apart. If they are, it won't be for long. Right? Right??

Really touching update. Tara trying to keep it together for the both of them. Aww. Very sad. I hope that they will work out the distance thing. I'll have to wait an see what you have in store for our ladies.

PostPosted: Tue May 03, 2005 11:35 am 
5. Willowhand

*Sigh* I was having such a good day...and then now I want to curl up and cry:( But I know that the girls will be happy in the end...right?! I hope so...I don't like seeing them sad.

PostPosted: Thu Jun 30, 2005 4:39 pm 
9. Gay Now

*I’m a bad, bad person for not doing individual replies but I do appreciate each and every one of you and I will do a mass reply when this story is over. Also, I’m sorry that the conclusion is taking so long. I’ve been swamped with summer classes and other time consuming activities.*

20B

Carrying two sodas, Willow closed the door with her elbow and stood by the wall opposite her bed. Tara had dozed off during the redhead’s short trip to the soda machine and snored lightly as Willow neared the bed. The young woman set the cold drinks down beside the pillow and brushed a strand of hair away from Tara’s face, smiling when the blonde’s nose twitched. One of the girl’s arms was curved beneath her neck while the other arm was stretched out and touching the wooden headboard.

Willow leaned over the slumbering figure, admiring the peaceful way her girlfriend slept. She stole a kiss from the slightly opened mouth, repeating the action several times until the lips became responsive and moved against hers. With her eyes still closed, Tara reached up and held the redhead’s face within her hands, pulling her down further. Their bodies pressed against each other as they breathed heavily, unwilling to let go just yet.

Tara pushed her fingers through Willow’s hair, eyes opening while her mouth switched its direction and headed along the redhead’s jaw and down her neck. She sucked on the pulse point, felt it beat against her lips, and enjoyed the way her girlfriend trembled atop her body. A tangled, but beautiful mess of arms and legs, the girls slowly moved against each other.

When breathing became too hard for her, Tara released her hold and looked up into Willow’s face.

“I like watching you sleep,” Willow said, a little giddy from the heated tingle coursing through her body. It was the first sentence that left her mouth.

Tara’s cheeks reddened, “How long was I asleep?” She smoothed pieces of hair behind Willow’s ears before circling her arms behind the redhead’s back. “I always get sleepy when it’s really hot outside,” she said and moved a little to the side so that one of Willow’s legs dropped between hers.

“You were only out for a few minutes.” From her place on top, Willow lowered herself fully onto the blonde and rested her head against Tara’s collarbone. Her soft breathing tickled the older girl’s neck, “I just want to stay like this forever.” She murmured and placed a kiss on Tara’s throat, snuggling into her girlfriend and conscious of the breasts that pressed against hers and the curved hip against her stomach.

Drawing circular patterns on Willow’s back with her fingertips, Tara hummed in agreement. She relaxed into the mattress and blinked slowly, still a little tired but loved the feeling of Willow in her arms.

“Tara?”

Hearing her name, the blonde’s eyes opened before she could shut them completely, “Yeah?” She whispered, fighting sleep.

“Are you going to tell your father about me?” Willow asked, staring at the side profile of her girlfriend’s face. Tara looked upward at the ceiling before shifting a little so that she could see the eyes watching her.

“I- what do you think he would say?” The blonde asked, watching the redhead bite her lip in hesitation.

“I don’t know,” Willow answered. “I don’t know how your father would react or what he thinks about… people like us.”

“Are you going to tell your parents?” Tara continued to look across to Willow. The younger girl opened and closed her mouth, unsure of what to say. She knew how her mother would react: with books and theories, but thought, deep down, that her father would understand and accept her choice.

“I will if you want me to,” Willow finally answered.

Tara sighed, lightly, and scooted out from beneath Willow to sit up. The redhead followed her movement and leaned back against the headboard while Tara sat on the edge of the bed.

“Willow, it really shouldn’t matter what we want each other to do,” Tara said, meeting her girlfriend’s eyes. She slid closer to Willow, grasping her hand. “When it feels right, we’ll tell them, and we’ll tell them because we want to and not because we think we should.”

“But you want to tell them, right?” Willow asked, understanding what Tara was saying but still a little uncertain.

Tara smiled to reassure the younger girl, “Of course, I do. I just want to get used to it… to us, first, you know?”

Willow nodded with a grin, “I know.” Smiling wider, she added, “Besides, I’m not even sure that I’m ready to share you just yet.” Tara chuckled and shook her head when Willow blushed and asked, “Was that too sappy?”

“You’re never too sappy,” the blond said, rubbing her finger over her girlfriend’s knuckle. She smiled, invitingly, and inched closer until she could feel the redhead’s breath on her lips. The kiss lingered, lasting for countless seconds, and conveyed more than words.

Startled by a series of knocks on a nearby door, the girls sprung apart. Tara sighed lightly, leaned her forehead against Willow’s, and frowned. She thought she recognized the voices and shot her girlfriend a surprised look as she left the bed and neared the door.

“Is it your family?” Willow asked from behind Tara. At the blonde’s saddened nod, the redhead’s stomach sank, feeling as if it had been stacked full of heavy boulders. Tara cracked open the door to confirm her suspicion, and fully opened it when her brother turned around, having heard the sound behind him.

“Tara,” Donnie Maclay smiled, happy to see his sister. “Did we have the wrong room?” He asked and stepped forward to hug the blonde when Tara stepped into the hallway.

Pulling away, Tara shook her head, “No, I was just… Dad, Donnie, this is my friend, Willow.” She sputtered as Willow stood in the doorway. The redhead gave the men a tiny wave and smiled even though she knew that at any minute, they would be taking Tara from her.

“Nice to meet you,” Donald greeted the seemingly shy young woman. His son smiled, giving Willow a friendly “Hi.”

“Are you ready to go, Tara?” The eldest Maclay asked, noting the trace of sadness on his daughter’s face. Before the blonde could speak, a loud voice came from somewhere in the next hallway.

“It’s this way, Ira.” Willow cringed a little when she heard her mother’s voice and the sight of the older woman rounding the corner with her husband in tow.

“Willow!” The excited woman smiled and rushed toward her only child. She wrapped her arms around her daughter and moved over a little to let her husband join the hug.

“Mom,” the redhead greeted her mother a little less enthusiastically.

When Sheila Rosenberg pulled away, she noticed the two men to her right and smiled warmly at them. After Willow’s brief introduction of Tara’s family and her own, the adults greeted one another with smiles and short pleasantries.

“It says here that there is a greeting session in the lobby,” Sheila said and motioned to the slim booklet within her hand.

“And there’s food,” Tara blurted out. “Donnie, you’re hungry, right? We could all go.” She told her brother, attempting to mask her outburst but also trying to make sure she stayed longer.

“Sure, okay,” the young man nodded, curious about his sister’s behavior, “Dad?”

“I guess we have a little time,” Donald agreed.

“Great!” This time it was Willow who nearly shouted. Tara grinned at her girlfriend and fought the urge to take the redhead’s hand. Donald watched them but didn’t have time to assume anything as Sheila ushered them down the hallway.

Although the idea of her mother lecturing the group about her newest theory on something or the other, Willow knew she would put up with just about anything to continue her time with Tara. She just hoped she could control all the feelings within herself that seemed to flow so naturally when she was around the blonde. Unsurprisingly, Tara was depending on the same thing.

PostPosted: Fri Jul 01, 2005 7:03 am 
5. Willowhand

Aww...that's so cute! I wish they could stay together forever:(

PostPosted: Fri Jul 01, 2005 11:58 am 
3. Flaming O

What a wonderful story! I really think you should write an epilogue that has them meeting up. At this meeting Willow can give Tara her journal back. At that point they could vow to be together forever....... :flirt

PostPosted: Sat Jul 02, 2005 7:28 am 
18. Breast Gal

Topics: 4
Willow watching Tara snooze was very sweet - that adorable little nose twitch :blush Plus, the waking her up part, that wasn't bad either :wtkiss I liked their nerviness around their families, and trying to grab just a little more time, awww :x

PostPosted: Sun Jul 03, 2005 10:46 pm 
13. Big Knowledge Woman

Evy,
Nothing could be finer than to be in Tara's bedroom watching her sleep and the adorable facial movements.
Waking up singing "Willow, tit Willow, tit Willow" is a blissful rousing as well.
It so typifies the delighful and angsty personalities of Willow and Tara as they are both stricken with acidy stomachs at the arrival of their respective families.
Tara is crafty and cunning with the subterfuge to spend a few more moments with WIllow to tempt Donny with food.

PostPosted: Mon Jul 04, 2005 12:04 am 
23. Volumey Text

Great update.

PostPosted: Thu Jul 14, 2005 5:49 pm 
1. Blessed Wannabe

I happened to be skimming the pages and saw that you updated. Awesome update. I like the slow process of appreciating the fact that they're a couple before telling the others.

PostPosted: Fri Jul 15, 2005 7:50 am 
3. Flaming O

:cry I want them to be together forever. I hate goodbyes. Especially Willow and Tara goodbyes. But I love this fic. :-D
Thanks.

PostPosted: Fri Jul 15, 2005 8:36 am 
4. Extra Flamey

Evy...

I decided this morning to catch up on the fics I have been slacking on. -No smart ass comments because we know you are the laziest person ever. ;)- I stumbled upon yours and I had to leave feedback.

We always talked about how you planned to end this fic when they would inevitably go their own ways. I liked the way this chapter was set and how you added the parents to it. Goodbyes suck but hopefully you decide to write an epilogue.

Great update.

Mika

PostPosted: Mon Sep 19, 2005 1:33 pm 
9. Gay Now

I guessed, and I hope I guessed right, that the readers would rather have the final chapter than individual replies. However, I want to thank each and every reader who has kept up with this story from beginning to end, even though it took me awhile to complete it.

Chapter 21/Epilogue

“So, Tara,” Sheila began after swallowing a forkful of salad, “How did you and my daughter meet?” She smiled across to the young woman.

Willow, who had been sitting next to her girlfriend, looked over and met Tara’s gaze. The blonde turned back toward Willow’s mother as she spoke, “We m-met on the bus,” as if reading Willow’s mind, Tara chose not to mention the embarrassing circumstances surrounding their first meeting.

“Is that so,” Sheila cast a quick glance toward her daughter, “Willow is usually as quiet as a mouse. How on earth did you manage to get her to speak?”

While Tara fumbled for words, Willow chose to counter her mother’s statement. “I’m not that quiet, mother. I’m president of the debate club, I know how to-.” She stopped after having revealed what she thought was an embarrassing piece of information. Willow mentally slapped herself but suddenly didn’t feel so self-conscious when she caught Tara’s admiring glance.

Ira also caught the twinkle of pride in Tara’s eyes and smiled to himself. Even though his wife wouldn’t think so, he certainly knew more about people than she thought he did.

“What year will you be this coming year?” Donnie asked, choosing to speak up rather than stare at his nearly empty plate. In his short time after arriving at the camp he had sensed a change in his younger sister and wanted to know a little more about the person who had caused it.

“A senior,” Sheila quickly answered, “and then it’s off to college somewhere. Harvard, Brown, the options are unlimited. Willow is such a brilliant student.”

The stricken look on Tara’s face quickly passed before anyone could notice. And while Sheila regarded her daughter with a parental sense of pride, Willow was trying not to scowl.

“What are you doing this fall, Tara?” Sheila asked, pausing, “I’m assuming you have recently graduated.”

Donald shifted a little in his chair and regarded his daughter. Since the death of his wife, Tara had been needed more at home. College had been an option and even though Donald had urged his daughter to accept the scholarship she had received, the blonde had decided against it. She wanted to be where she was needed.

Tara saw her father’s expression and flashed him a smile as if to say that everything was all right before answering Sheila with a new air of confidence. “I’m going to take some time off to work. College can wait.” She was, after all, being truthful and it wasn’t uncommon for recent graduates to take time from school to establish themselves before jumping into the demands of college life.

Before her mother could object to Tara’s view of college, Willow spoke up. “That’s wonderful. I’ve actually considered doing that too.” She knew that the comment would ruffle her mother’s feathers, and ruffle they did. Sheila looked as if a ghost had passed into her body and taken refuge in her ashen face.

Surprised as well, Ira looked from his daughter to his wife and knew that this wasn’t his fight. Whatever his daughter chose, he would accept it. And if Willow wanted to take some time off, she could… even if that meant he would have to deal with the burnt.

Sheila decided against continuing the conversation with her daughter and quickly changed the subject. “Oh, look, they’re having a gathering in the lounge,” unsubtly, Sheila eagerly mentioned as she spied a flyer hanging on the back wall.

As the others followed her gaze toward the flyer to see for themselves, Willow reached underneath the table to briefly squeeze her girlfriend’s hand. She playfully rolled her eyes and mouthed “sorry” with a quick head gesture toward her mother. Tara, who understood what Sheila was attempting to do, grinned and shook her head to indicate that Willow didn’t need to apologize.

“Well, then, shall we?” Ira asked, waiting for the others to either nod or shrug before he slid back from the table. They sauntered along with the other guests, each person in their own private thoughts and/or conversations.

Willow and Tara hung back a little as their families walked ahead. “Your m-mother is…,” Tara stopped, not wanting to upset Willow in any way.

She never counted on Willow filling in the blanks herself. “Crazy? Overbearing?”

“She only wants what’s best for you, Willow,” Tara said, defending the somewhat stubborn woman.

“I know and I love her for it,” the redhead sighed, “I only wish she would let me decide what’s best for me.”

The couple walked along in silence until they reached the crowded lounge. The speaker was beginning his sentence as they entered. “First, I would like to thank the staff and our organizers for doing a fantastic job these past few weeks. And also a big thanks to the parents and guardians for letting us borrow these wonderful young adults. And, last but not least, to the young men and women who have taken time out from a summer of video gaming to join us here.” He received some short of chuckles from a few in the crowd before continuing.

“We have one final seminar for any of you who may be interested. It’s just a little something the staff put together,” he indicated the group standing nearby. “For those of you who are interested please follow Susan and Kylie to the north lawn.”

“Come on, Ira, I want to see what they’re planning,” Sheila said, determined as she started after the small group following the two staff members. Tara and Willow looked at each other. The redhead hesitated, unsure if she should follow and also unsure of what Tara was going to do. Was her father going to tell her that it was time to leave? She took a fleeting glance toward the eldest Maclay while fighting the urge to reach for Tara’s hand.

“Can we go, dad?” Donnie asked. Willow’s crestfallen features melted Tara’s heart. The blonde opened her mouth to speak when Donnie continued. “I’ve never been to one of these kinds of seminars. I’m curious,” he finished with a brief meaningful look toward his sister and her friend.

Even though he knew that there were things that he needed to get back to, Donald agreed. He would make up for the extra hour on the road.

Upon reaching the grassy area, the group noticed that few people had followed the two assistants into the lawn. A gathering of 10 or so people sat scattered between the four picnic tables in the courtyard.

“I am sure that many of you have heard of this activity before. In fact, I’ve even seen it on a few television programs.” As the first assistant explained the general rules of the activity, Willow, Tara, and the others joined the group.

“However,” Susan continued, “we’re going to do it a little differently. I know that the majority of you are strangers and this, I hope, will make it an even more interesting game. I want you to look to someone sitting close to you and name their “animal” and how you chose it just by looking at them. If you’re the “animal” being named and you don’t agree, you may choose a more suitable one. Now, before we start, I shouldn’t have to remind you that this is a fun and friendly game, so let’s please keep it that way.”

Kylie started first by naming Susan’s “animal” and the reasons why she chose it. As the animals and answers grew more diverse, Tara suddenly became aware that she and Willow’s turn was coming up soon. While the blonde searched her mind for the perfect answer, she tilted her head and watched her girlfriend. Willow, also aware that their turn was approaching, sat calmly. She felt Tara’s eyes on her and shot the blonde a quick smile before turning back to the current speaker.

Just as the last person across from Tara wrapped up his answer, all eyes focused on the next person. Realizing that it was her turn, Willow thoughtfully stared at the table before meeting Tara’s eyes, “An owl.” The blonde raised an eyebrow but didn’t say anything as Willow continued, “Wise, curious, truthful... with patient, endless eyes, watchful yet secretly fierce. She’s a huntress in her own right.”

Willow finished but continued to stare into Tara’s eyes. To one or two on-lookers, it seemed like part of the exercise, but some in the crowd knew otherwise.

Tara cleared her throat in an attempt to moisten the dryness. All eyes were on her now but only one pair mattered. As she continued holding Willow’s gaze, she spoke up, “A feral horse.” A tiny corner of Willow’s lip lifted. “She’s misunderstood, fearing someone else’s control over her. Her shyness is barely contained by the wild spirit hidden underneath her eyes, yearning to be free.”

Luckily, Tara was the last person to go. The others breathed a sigh of relief that they had gone before, having now felt that their answers were inadequate after hearing the last two.

The group leaders quietly ended the session with a few words and a thank you to everyone who had come. People slowly broke off, disappearing in separate directions.

“I still can’t believe that man called me a goat,” Sheila said as she agitatedly headed toward the restroom area, Ira in tow. He allowed himself a small smile while he fought to catch up. Sheila hadn’t mentioned a single word about their daughter’s answer during the seminar and he knew she wouldn’t. Sheila Rosenberg only saw what she wanted to see. And Willow’s heart moving observation was the last thing on her mind.

Donald Maclay, however, did notice the way in which his daughter and Willow had looked and spoken of each other. His expression was unreadable as he watched the two leave the picnic table. “Tara,” he called after the blonde. Still buzzing, Tara whispered to Willow before joining her brother and father.

“It’s getting late, we should be leaving,” Donald said. The blonde paused before nodding, solemnly. “We’ll wait in the car while you say goodbye to your friend.” Tara nodded again and watched as they started toward the parking lot. She continued to watch until they disappeared behind a building. How could she find the strength to turn and face Willow?

Willow knew. She knew from the moment that she saw Tara’s family walk away that it was time for Tara to go. When the two bodies had disappeared and Tara still hadn’t looked back, she approached her.

Soft tears bulged from the reddened lids of the Tara’s eyes when Willow moved in front of her and lifted her chin. “Come with me,” Willow said, her voice thick as she attempted to control her emotions. Tara gripped Willow’s hand as they walked toward the trees and stopped just beyond the point where the concrete path turned to dirt.

Willow dug into her pocket and pulled out a small, folded piece of paper. “My address is also in there,” she said, quietly, as she placed the paper into Tara’s palm and pressed her hand over it.

The blonde inwardly cursed herself for not thinking to do the same as she looked down at Willow’s hand over hers. Reading her expression, Willow went on, “This is not goodbye,” her lip trembled as she fought the sob that had crept up into her throat. “I love you, Tara.” She shushed the blonde with a finger against Tara’s lips. “I never knew I could feel the way I do when you’re around. Everything I know… knew, it… it doesn’t matter anymore. You are the only person I could be me around, and I love you for it. I l-,” her voice squeaked, “I love you, Tara.”

Tara tried to speak but couldn’t. Each word escaped as a jagged moan as her chest tightened. “Don’t speak,” Willow said, seeing how hard it was for the blonde to managed words. She also didn’t want Tara to speak for fear that her girlfriend’s voice would weaken her resolve to be the “strong” one. She couldn’t let go yet. Letting go made everything real and somewhere… somewhere in the back of her soul she knew that it wasn’t over. That it would never be over and that she would never let go. Her cheeks tingled as tears fought to break through.

Salty tears stuck to her lips as Tara inhaled deep enough to catch her breath. She swallowed a couple of times, enough to clear a small airway and enough to whisper, “I love you, Willow. Oh, god, I love you so much.” It felt as if dry rocks had lodged themselves down her throat as a fresh wave of tears came forth.

Willow’s voice grew hoarse as she struggled to speak; rather, she wiped her fingers over the blonde’s face, smoothing as many trails as she could. Their lips met, desperately. Memorizing every inch, every memory left amongst the taste of salt. Leaving the tiniest space for breath, their mouths repeatedly closed against one another as their arms engulfed each other’s bodies, frantic.

When there was no choice but to pull away and gasp for breath, Willow leaned her forehead against Tara’s. “You have to go.” They were the words she never thought she would have to say. Tara pulled back a fraction to look into her girlfriend’s eyes. “Go.” Willow repeated. Her eyes were so red and dry that she could hardly blink.

Tara pressed her lips to Willow’s once more, squeezing the redhead’s hand before releasing it and turning away.

No goodbyes. It was too hard to look back so she hurried across the yard as fast as she could.

When Tara was far enough away, Willow let the first sob burst free. Crashing against every nerve in her body, the redhead leaned against a nearby tree as she finally let go.

Donald glanced at his daughter through the rearview mirror and sighed, too quietly to be heard, as he started the car and drove away.

Tara opened the letter, recognizing the paper as being from her journal. Not bothering to wipe her face, the blonde began to read as the car turned left into ongoing traffic.

Willow stepped out into the bright afternoon sunshine, books cradled within her arms. Her mom had been a little upset about her decision to attend Sunnydale University rather than a more prestigious college, but Sheila knew that she couldn’t complain. The simple fact that Willow had chosen to further her education had been enough.

Taking the short walk to her dormitory, Willow entered the building and headed straight toward the main desk.

“Hey, Tony,” she smiled at one of the RA’s as she rounded the counter and stopped at the collection of resident mailboxes.

Tara had written her almost everyday since they’d parted over a year ago and Willow had written back to each letter. Even though the phone calls were scarce, the redhead appreciated reading her girlfriend’s words just as much as hearing her voice. Opening the small box, she spied a light blue envelope amongst the campus newsletters, and grinned. Stuffing the newsletter between her books and briefly holding the envelope between her lips, she closed the box and practically skipped from the building.

The bell rang, signaling the beginning of another rotation of classes as Willow made her way to one of the small benches nearby. Taking a seat, she pushed her books aside and quietly regarded the little blue envelope. The redhead had the same reaction every time she received one of the letters: She took a deep breath, tracing her fingers of the name and address of the addresser before carefully breaking the seal. She scanned the page, frowning only a little when she saw that it was undated, and began reading.

The letter had been much shorter than Tara’s previous letters and was something that bothered the redhead a little. It seemed that in the past few weeks, she and Tara had been drifting apart. And even though Willow thought it was impossible, she couldn’t shake the feeling. Within the letter, Tara had briefly mentioned the volunteer position that she’d taken, which, to Willow, meant that her girlfriend’s letters would lessen even though Tara had promised to keep in touch.

She sighed and closed the letter. Clearing her head, she grabbed one of the books from the pile beside her. With the soft click of her pen, she opened the journal and flipped to a blank section, the last blank pages of Tara’s journal.

Pausing to think, she heard the soft crunching of leaves, followed by the only voice she wanted to hear more than anything in the world.

“What are you writing?”

Willow looked up into the brightest smile she’d ever seen. Wordlessly, she stood up. If possible, Tara had grown even more beautiful since the last time Willow had received a picture from the blonde. As the shock became less, the redhead’s eyes drifted lower.

“Your shirt,” Willow whispered, staring at the bright, yellow shirt.

“Like it?” Tara asked, grinning as she looked down at her shirt. In small bold letters, it read:

‘Sunnydale Volunteers, Property of UCSD”

THE END

PostPosted: Mon Sep 19, 2005 1:58 pm 
3. Flaming O

:applause :applause GREAT ENDING !!!!!! I really loved this fic and I am so glad you finished it. Thank you so much for this wonderful story.

PostPosted: Mon Sep 19, 2005 2:30 pm 
5. Willowhand

*covers gasping mouth and makes high pitched squels of joy* YAAAAYYYY!!! You've made me so happy I could just *HUG* That was a perfect ending!! :applause :applause :applause :applause

"The Hammer is my Penis," Captain Hammer, 'Dr. Horrible's Sing-a-long Blog.'

PostPosted: Mon Sep 19, 2005 2:51 pm 
5. Willowhand

Thank you for sharing this wonderful story. As I read to the point where they had to leave, it was so heartbreaking to read. I had a feeling that since the letter was undated, that Tara had perhaps put it in the mailbox herself. Still, I can't see the words "your shirt" without shuddering. I liked your use of it, though. Once again, thanks for a wonderful story.

PostPosted: Mon Sep 19, 2005 8:41 pm 
19. Yummy Face

Yes, a great ending. Yay on Tara for surprising Willow!

Thank you for sharing this wonderful story.

PostPosted: Tue Sep 20, 2005 12:37 am 
23. Volumey Text

Great ending to a highly enjoyable fic :clap

PostPosted: Tue Sep 20, 2005 9:34 pm 
13. Big Knowledge Woman

Oh my stars and garters, Evy, what an ending to such a beauitful and heartfelt story.
Your empathic abilities serve you well as the emotions and feelings of not only Willow and Tara but their families as well are tangible entities which can be felt and discerned by the naked eye.
I cried when reading of their protracted and teary parting and breathed a huge sigh of relief when Tara appeared in front of Willow to reveal that her volunteer position was on campus, bringing them back together in a variety of positions.
From the bottom of my heart, I thank you for this wonderful literary painting.
Now, dare I ask you to finish "Food For Thought"?

PostPosted: Wed Sep 21, 2005 12:29 am 
8. Vixen

:applause :bow
So yeah, I'm really slow catching up on this one but I had to chime in and say that I adored this story. It was really sweet and cute and innocent. I just wanted to say "thanks" for such a well-written, beautiful story.

Quote:
Clasping loosely, slowly, fingers explored palms and traced over lines of the past and future.

I really loved this line from Pt. 8. It's really impressive how you created this image with these words. Poetic, lyrical, and beautiful!

Quote:
But as the gathering stars beared witness beyond the glass, they took their first breath together.

This was another of my favorite lines from Pt. 12. I just thought it was really magical how you captured their first kisses, and the signifigance of them "breathing together."

And Pt. 13 was just plain sexy! :x

So that's all I can say. I felt compelled to contribute to the chorus of praise that you have received for this fic. It's truly exceptional. I'm sorry I caught up to it so late.

peace,
amy

PostPosted: Wed Sep 21, 2005 8:44 am 
1. Blessed Wannabe

heey! it's so sad that it's finished! but still im glad cuz i've always wondered who they'd end up together, and it was so sweet of tara to show up that way! i loved every word of it. great work!

Keops.

PostPosted: Wed Sep 21, 2005 8:53 am 
18. Breast Gal

Topics: 4
Great finale :bow I really appreciated the "your shirt" line being used like this - now this is how I'll think of it, the beginning of something wonderful. And I can just imagine how beautiful Tara looked at that moment to Willow :x

I liked the images we got of Willow and Tara's families, and how they variously reacted to the closeness between the two girls, whether they were oblivious, cottoned on to something, or quietly knew what was going on. Very satisfying, despite only having them in the story such a short length of time.

PostPosted: Thu Sep 22, 2005 4:58 pm 
9. Gay Now

Topics: 1
Evy, this was a such a wonderful romance, and while I'm sorry to see it end, I look forward to reading it again from start to finish. I agree that the image of their families was great, especially Ira and Donald seeing what's going on while Sheila remains clueless. She must have been the only person in that seminar who DIDN'T see how much they love each other, but then, she probably stopped listening after being called a goat. :lol

As for the ending, I thought it was a very sweet tie-up. Your story was done, but theirs wasn't, you know? But by showing them finding each other again, I could picture them almost going into the years of the show. It just brought a nice completeness to the story, without seeming abrupt, or tacked on. And it also set up a sequel if you ever get the hankerin'. Well done, truly. :clap

-Cam

PostPosted: Sun Oct 02, 2005 7:12 am 
13. Big Knowledge Woman

Topics: 1
Oh Evy, that was just a wonderful ending to a very sweet, beautiful and romantical story.

The way you were able to convey their feelings for each other as their love blossomed was amazing and made my heart go "pitty-pat" with each new update.

The departure scene near the end nearly brought me to tears and it seemed like I felt everything they felt, but the ending, OMG Evy, you just brought it around so beautifully to their new beginning. So, to echo Cam, do I smell a sequel???

Okay, on one final note, I know due to reasons beyond your control (stupid underage rules) there was no smut, but I forgive you, you big 'ol mean whore.

Love ya. Can't wait to read more of your great work!

Wimpy

"There was plenty of magic." ~~ Tara

PostPosted: Wed Mar 19, 2008 7:55 am 
Hey onyxsundrops,

Just wanted to drop in a few words of appreciation for a penning of a fic that has delighted me. I think the beauty of it came from the writing structure - it kept the storylines fresh. Their end meeting at Willow's university was endearing. All in all, a pretty ending for a pretty story ^^

Vi'

PostPosted: Fri Nov 08, 2013 4:09 pm 
4. Extra Flamey

Hopefully you're still floating around to read my reply. I thought this was such a beautiful and touching love story

Kim

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 298 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 6, 7, 8, 9, 10