The Kitten, the Witches and the Bad Wardrobe - Willow & Tara Forever

General Chat  || Kitten  || WaV  || Pens  || Mi2  || GMP  || TiE  || FAQ  || Feed - The Kitten, the Witches and the Bad Wardrobe

All times are UTC - 8 hours [ DST ]

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 274 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 6, 7, 8, 9, 10  Next
 Post subject: Re: FIC: The Crying Game (AU)
PostPosted: Fri Jan 24, 2003 10:04 am 
:bounce I am so glad that I finally got to reading this. I kept getting distracted and now I realize all the willow/tara goodness I had been missing.

What exactly is the state of Willow's father? Did Ira have some sort of epiphany while at the spa?:hmm He seems so much more like a father and less of a man who got a daughter for a pet and then got tired of her. I hope that description makes sense.

The way Willow's parents calmly admonished Joyce was a great contrast to the homophobic melodramatics displayed by Buffy's mother. Great bit of writing imho. Curious as to why Ira is eating potatoes that fell on the floor. Little bit odd don't you think?

I am anxious to see how the Dawn thread plays out and how the transmission affects Willow and Tara's relationship. Seems like great potential for angst and loving tenderness.

Thanks so much for sharing this, especially with your recent travelling and such.:clap

"Hey, Will. This is me. It doesn't all have to be 'good' and 'fine.' This is the room where you don't have to be brave and I still love you."

Edited by: elessar007 at: 1/24/03 8:10:58 am

PostPosted: Fri Jan 24, 2003 11:15 am 
vix!! Welcome back :bounce

And with such a wonderful update!

Poor Tara, trying to connect with Willow, and in turn leaving herself open to having her feelings revealed. It should help each of them understand the other better.

And Joyce :lol Her reactions to the news were just so typical, gotta love it.

BV

"In front of total strangers won't you kiss me, Flowers for no reason but you miss me - OOH, I wanna be in love"Melissa Etheridge

PostPosted: Mon Feb 03, 2003 4:26 am 
Darling Darling Salileh....

It is that time of year again, and you are one year older! This, although, we like to tell ourselves otherwise, is a good thing!

Who says that we need to stop being quirky and funloving just cause we turn 19! NOT me! and not you! and that would be the important thing here!

H A P P Y B I R T H DAY TINOKET!!!! <--- half plain fushcia, so as not to freak you out... *grins*

Lots of love and muesli to the best friend ever!!!

~*@.......We are the weirdest person in the world.......@*~

Edited by: Tara22  at: 3/11/05 10:06 pm

PostPosted: Mon Feb 03, 2003 5:44 am 
HAPPY

BIRTHDAY! !

MooOOoooOO HooOOooOO

Hope the day is wonderful for you.

Edited to offer a lightly toasted slice with a thin layer of Vegemite, little margarine and a little cheese. The 19 candles were tricky. Make a wish!

Urn of Osiris
__________________**
"When I find myself fading, I close my eyes and realize my friends are my energy."

Edited by: Urn of Osiris  at: 2/3/03 3:54:59 am

PostPosted: Mon Feb 03, 2003 3:21 pm 
Hey Vix :wave WELCOME BACK!! Its been awhile... definitely missed ya around here! :grin Loved the update! Wow that whole swapping places thing was pretty freaky... and Willow feeling Tara's pain, it was sad. I'm just glad they got to discuss it some! :) I Loved the last couple of lines the...

Quote:
“Burden me up, Tare…you’ve got me now, and you’re not getting rid of me.”

A slow smile formed on Tara’s lips. “Even if I make you faint, and see brown, and be in unbearable pain?”

“Yes, even if you make me faint, see brown, and be in unbearable pain. And anything else you care to add to that list.”

Tara shook her head, relieved. “No, that’s about all I plan to do. That, and a whole lot of lovin’.”

“It’s a deal.”

So sweet!! :p Loved it! Looking forward to the next one. :)

edited to say: HAPPY BIRTHDAY SAL!

~Ashley~

Willow: We can come by between classes. Usually I use that time to copy over my class notes with a system of different colored pens. But it's been pointed out to me that that's, you know... insane.

Tara: I said quirky.

Edited by: MissQuirky at: 2/3/03 1:32:28 pm

PostPosted: Mon Feb 03, 2003 8:02 pm 
Roz!! HAPPY BIRTHDAY!!!! I actually just posted to say that cuz I haven't read the update yet *gasp* :grin but I haven't been much in the fic reading zone. Eh I guess you won't read this until after your bday since well where you are it isn't your bday anymore but I hope you had a great one!!

**Michelle

PostPosted: Sun Jan 30, 2005 1:34 am 
OK, so it's been two years and I've finally decided to update. I'm not sure if the same kittens are around, or if anyone is even interested :P , but hey, I'll give it a try.

I've edited Chapter 18 to make it a little clearer. I'll have the next part posted sometime soon.

Thanks and enjoy :luv

PostPosted: Sun Jan 30, 2005 2:11 am 
I'm interested :wave I just read all of ur updates yesterday, very hooked, can't wait for the update.

PostPosted: Sun Jan 30, 2005 8:39 am 
I'm interested... I'm interested!!! :grin

Hey hon. Missed you! Looking forward to your update.

Lotsa love and giant hugs!

:flower :flower <- one for Rachy. :grin

-Mickie

Be happy people. Happy people don't self destruct.
-Cyndi Lauper

PostPosted: Sun Jan 30, 2005 10:31 pm 
I just read your story today and I'd definitely be interested in reading more. You have me LOL at Willow's mom. "Reaction one!" she grinned. LOL.

New update? Bring it on! :D

PostPosted: Tue Feb 01, 2005 2:23 pm 
Mmmm.. I love this story. I love the feedback to this story:D Good times, good times:)

My sanity is duly checked at the door, ready for more please ma'am:D

:bow :moo :pinky

Go get yourself some tiny girls! Give yourself something to live for! ~ My muddled mind on six hours of Rachel

PostPosted: Tue Feb 01, 2005 11:21 pm 
Hey,

I'm still here, and I can vouch for Michelle (pikescoob)...we'd both love to read more. So pleeeease...feel free to update. *grin*

Aimee :)

"Pope John Paul today confirmed his opposition to gay marriages, said they're unnatural. Gay marriage is unnatural. Then he put on a pointy hat, his dress, and returned to never having sex at all." -Bill Maher

PostPosted: Thu Feb 03, 2005 5:21 pm 
Sweeeeeeeeeeeeeeetie!!

It makes me laugh to look up and see that only a few posts ago we were wishing you a happy 19th birthday!

Happy 21st!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

You're fantastic and I feel so blessed to know you, let alone have you as my own!

This will be a great year!

I can't wait for your update honey.

I love you!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Rachy

“And what flavor Amber fan are YOU?

"Love who you love, just do it with your whole heart." - Urn of Osiris

Post subject: Chapter 19
PostPosted: Sat Mar 12, 2005 4:55 am 
Disclaimer: Joss Whedon created these characters (hey, the man had to do something right).

Note to readers: This is the second last chapter. Sorry it took so long to update :P The next chapter is written and waiting.

Warning: slight cliffhanger and some angst

Chapter 19

“Morning, Liz. What’s wrong?” The nightshift nurse, startled awake by Liz’s alarm, stood at her side.

Liz blushed. “Sorry to disturb you, Pamela.” She and the nurse knew each other well by now, often swapping stories about their children, but she couldn’t help feeling embarrassed.

It wasn’t even dawn yet; through the window she could see the dew on the lawn, and the sky was an uncertain blue.

The nurse pulled over a chair. “No apologies required. What is it?”

Liz sighed. “I’m just feeling so confused.”

Pam smiled wryly. “I’m not surprised, hon. It’s got to be very hard for you.”

“It is. The worse thing is, I felt that I had prepared for… for leaving.” Liz thought of Dawn, and of the countless hours the two had spent working. “But now that I think about it, I can’t help wondering what the point was. My husband and son are not handling it well at all. My daughter seems to be, but who knows. And I just wish I could do something. You know, tell them that it’ll be OK.” She grabbed a tissue.

“Oh, Liz,” Pamela touched the younger woman’s shoulder. “There’s no such thing as preparing for it. Not even someone who had years to prepare would know what to do. I think the important thing is to be there for them, just as much as they are there for supporting you.” She paused, remembering. “I once had a patient, an elderly man, who just wouldn’t listen. His kids would come to see him, and they’d try to talk to him, to solve past problems, to just open up. And he couldn’t bear the emotion. After he died, they went to pieces. They felt guilty for not trying harder.” She looked up at Liz. “But it wasn’t their fault. He made no effort.”

Liz nodded. She thought about her husband, of the way he seemed to have given up. Every time he visited, his head was bowed. Every word she spoke to him, he flushed and turned away. She looked thoughtfully at the nurse. Maybe she just needed to try harder.

“Thanks, have a nice day.”

The man at Starbucks grinned at her as she collected her beverage from the counter. She carried it over to a chair and pulled out a magazine.

“Tara.”

The shock of hearing her name made her spill her drink. "Damn it!"

Rupert Giles shook his head. “That’s hardly a way for a lady to talk.”

She was about to invite him to take a seat when she saw that he was with someone. The lady with dark lipstick, from the Witches’ Council. They both looked serious.

Giles gestured at the woman. “This is Cathy Smart, I believe you two have met before.”

Cathy shook hands with Tara.

Tara smiled nervously and took a sip of her beverage. “Can I help you guys?”

Giles sat down. “I don’t think you can, Tara.” He looked intently at her. “I’m not really sure how to tell you this, so I think I’ll just let you read it.”

He passed her a file with her name on the front. It was marked ‘confidential’. Inside were dozens of photocopied papers.

She flicked through quickly and didn’t recognize anything except for a couple of hospital reports. She looked up at them. “What is this?” Her voice quavered slightly.

The woman passed her another file. The front said ‘Jessica Mathers’, was also marked ‘confidential’ and had another stamp which read ‘unregistered youth’. Tara picked up the first file and saw that hers had the same stamp.

“What is this?” she repeated, louder. The Starbucks barista turned to stare at her.

Giles cleared his throat and looked down at his lap. “It’s something I think you deserve to know. Before your mother passes away.”

He stood up and put his hand on her shoulder. “Tara, please don’t tell anyone about this. Our jobs are on the line here.”

Cathy began to walk away, then turned back. “I’m really sorry about your loss, Tara.” She walked out of the café.

“Call me if you need to,” Giles instructed.

Willow was pacing backward and forward. Tara had called, sounding hysterical. Willow had told her to come over straight away. “Why are you taking so long?” She chided her girlfriend aloud. “Don’t you realize how crazy it makes me?”

Tara rushed in and kissed her. “Yes, I know.”

Willow took in Tara’s appearance. She had expected tears but her cheeks were dry. Her blue eyes were sharp and defiant and, to Willow’s surprise, filled with rage.

“Baby, what is it?”

Tara almost exploded. “Read this.” She shoved the two files in Willow’s face, so angry that she didn’t see Willow jump as they hit the table.

Willow read the front. “Jessica Mathers”. Wait, is that-"

“It is, and guess fucking what. You remember me telling you how paranoid I was? How surprised I was that my name was never investigated alongside Jess’? Well, now it turns out that I should have been paranoid.”

Willow turned away from the file. “Tara, I don’t know what is going on. Just let me read the file at least.”

Tara continued to talk the entire time Willow read. “I have to call my mom. But I don’t know what to say. And maybe I shouldn’t even tell her. Or is it even more disgusting if I don’t? Willow, what do I do?”

Willow was reading through Liz’s hospital reports. “I don’t understand. Why does the Witches’ Council have your mom’s hospital records? And what does this have to do with Jess?”

Tara started to laugh. “You know what, Will? I used to think like you. I never got suspicious or doubted intentions. Until Jess.” Tears started to fall at last and Willow was almost relieved. “But then I got complacent. And I stopped thinking that my past would catch up with me.” Tara put her head down on the table and started to cry. Her voice cracked when she spoke again. “Now it has.”

Willow wanted to run over and hug her but continued to read. An uneasy feeling began to grow inside her stomach. “Tare, are you saying that they knew you helped Jess with that spell?”

Tara lifted her head and stared into the green eyes. “Willow, honey, I’m saying that they not only knew, but that they decided to throw in a punishment for good measure.”

John Maclay leaned against the doorway to his wife’s room, breathing heavily. “I came as soon as I could. What’s wrong, honey?”

“Would you close the door?”

“Er, sure.” John stepped inside the room and closed the door behind him. Then he leaned against the closed door.

“John, I’m not contagious.” Liz smiled at his expression. “Come and sit with me.”

He walked hesitantly over to her bed and sat on the ruffled blankets. ”What’s the matter, Liz? A phone call at 5am when your wife is this sick does not bode well.”

“I just realized that a phone call at 5am was what it took to get to speak to you alone.” She stared at him and he went red.

“OK. You got your wish. What do you want?”

Liz shrugged. “What did we do before I got sick?”

He paused, thinking. “Well, I wined and dined you. We used to go to Bella Toscana once a week and I’d bring you flowers from The Petal near my work. We saw lots of movies and would argue about whether they were any good. We would have friends over and talk about how much we hated our bosses. We agonized about our kids and our mortgages.”

She smiled. “We used to kiss, too.”

He paused. “Yeah.” He touched her face gently. “That was one of my favorite things to do.”

“John, don’t be afraid of me. It’s going to be just as hard for you when I’m gone, no matter what we do this week. And I would rather be close to you.”

He nodded, not sure what to say.

“It’s not going to hurt me. If anything, it will make me feel so much better.” She pulled him over, until he was lying beside her. Then she shut her eyes and hoped. Just as she decided he wasn’t going to do it, she felt his hand on her cheek and his lips on hers.

For the first time in months, she relaxed.

Willow was speechless. “You can’t think that your mom is sick because of what you did. God, Tara, look at me.”

“You don’t believe me?”

Willow couldn’t respond. She didn’t want to admit it, but she thought this was a little far-fetched. She’d heard of people losing loved ones; that, in the final weeks, the guilt and fear started to increase and that they looked for anyone to blame.

Tara saw the doubt in Willow’s eyes and it hurt more than anything in the files. She started to pull out the documents, one by one, until they were all over the floor. “How can you not see it? The file shows that they knew I helped with the spell. The file shows that they knew everything about my life and Jess’ life. And then they suddenly start to put in my mother’s medical records, and the records show her getting sicker and sicker.”

Willow tried to hug Tara but Tara shrugged her off.

“The day that she first threw up, out of the blue, was my birthday. She had this terrible pain and my dad freaked out and took her to the hospital. My party, everything, was cancelled.” Tara took Willow’s hand. “Look, I know how this sounds. If I turn out to be wrong, this is the most egotistical, self-obsessed thing that anybody has ever said. But you have to believe me.” Her eyes were flat. “This is my fault.”

When Dawn got home, she put down her bag and went upstairs to her room. To her surprise, Joyce was sitting on her comforter looking anything but comforting.

“Dawn, we need to have a little talk.”

“Oh god, mom, haven’t we had enough of those lately?”

Joyce shook her head. “This is very important. Dawn, have I not made your return to Sunnydale as relaxing and fun as possible? Have I done something wrong that I don’t know about?”

Dawn frowned. “I don’t know what you’re talking about. I’ve had a good time.”

Her mother’s facial expression changed. “Yes, it does seem like you’ve had a bit too fun a time, if you get my meaning.” She looked sternly at her youngest child. “Look, I’ll try not to judge you. I just want to help.”

“With what?!” Dawn was getting irritated.

“With your drug problem. Hiding it is so deliberately cruel. I think you should at least respect me enough to be honest.”

Dawn started to cry. “He told you?” she whispered. “But he promised.”

“Hi guys!” Buffy walked into the room, smiling, and stopped in her tracks. “Oh, bad timing. Bye guys!”

“Wait,” Dawn and Joyce called out to her at the same time.

“Buffy, you may as well join our little chat.” Joyce requested.

Buffy bit her lip. “Ew. I remember those ‘little chats’ from when I was your age, Dawnie.”

Dawn didn’t respond.

“Dawn?” Buffy was genuinely concerned. “What’s up?”

Joyce cut in. “She has been using marijuana in my house. I’ve had my suspicions and the doctor confirmed it today. He said he’d seen the herb I brought in lots of times with the youngsters and it’s dangerous for them to meddle with things they don’t know.”

Dawn couldn’t hold back. “It’s magic, mom,” she sneered. “Are you really naïve enough to think that this,” she pressed the bag of herbs under her mother’s nose, “is marijuana?”

Buffy leaned over and sniffed. “Nope, that’s not marijuana,” she said helpfully. “It’s Atropa Belladonna, used in astral projection. It helps to have witches as friends.”

Joyce gaped. “I don’t know what’s worse, the magic or the marijuana.”

Dawn stood up. “Then let me help you. I’ve done both, so it doesn’t really matter which is worse.”

“Hello, I’m calling from Sunnydale Hospital. I’m very sorry to tell you this, but Elizabeth Maclay has taken a turn for the worse and has asked me to inform you. You can come and see her anytime.”

The group standing in Liz’s room were silent. Willow had her arms around Tara, holding her protectively but knowing she couldn’t help, and she couldn’t take her eyes off Liz. The woman looked so peaceful that Willow almost felt relieved.

Dawn was standing by herself, unsure if she should even be there. She felt as though she hadn’t had a proper goodbye with Liz but then the Maclay family hadn’t really, either. She felt bad for feeling cheated. She thought about her mom and their fight and dreaded going home. Then she felt guilty for thinking about her mom when she was alive and well.

Donnie was sitting on a chair, his eyes trained to the floor. A nurse came in and offered him coffee and he didn’t seem to hear her. He just didn’t want to look up, to see his mom like that. The last time he had visited she’d been so lively, now she was barely breathing, and it made him sick.

John Maclay was holding Liz’s hand. He’d slept in her room after their talk, and didn’t know how he would sleep at home after. After… he couldn’t really think the words. He knew that soon he’d have to organize funeral arrangements and the death certificate, and he hadn’t even asked his wife what she wanted done with her body. She was pagan, but for the life of him he didn’t know what burial preferences that might entail. Maybe he could ask Tara when it came time. He turned to look at his daughter.

Tara’s eyes were closed. She could feel Willow’s arms around her but nothing else registered.

“Wait.”

She whispered it, first, and Willow looked quizzically at her.

“What, sweetie?”

So she said it again. “Wait.”

Liz opened her eyes. Tara stepped out from Willow’s arms and approached her mother. “Mom,” she whispered. “You’re not supposed to die.”

Her mother’s eyes began to close again. “Tare, it’s time.”

Willow realized what her girlfriend was doing and didn’t know what to do. She wondered if she should intervene. “Tara, I don’t think…”

Tara opened her mouth and was about to interrupt when she realized her wish had been granted. No one was moving, they seemed suspended in time.

‘What have I done now?’ she wondered. She touched her mother, shook her father, and then walked over to Willow and waited. Willow’s eyes were glassy and wide, and her lips were open.

“Hello?” She shouted. “Whoever is doing this, I’m ready.”

She blinked and then the room was full of moving people. But her family and lover remained frozen.

Giles and Cathy were standing amongst a group of strangers, clad in official uniforms. One stepped forward.

“Tara Maclay,” he began. “You wish to challenge our decision?”

At his words, the group of council members began to whisper. Giles turned to Cathy, shocked.

“I do,” she replied without hesitation.

“Very well.”

Cathy stepped forward. “Tara Maclay, you are aware of your actions three years ago, as an unregistered young Witch?”

“I am,” Tara replied. She wondered why Cathy had helped her gain access to the incriminating documents, particularly if she was the prosecutor.

“And you are aware of the punishment your friend took for this crime?”

“Yes.” Her voice trembled. “But I’m confused. Why wasn’t I told that I was being investigated? Jess got to choose a punishment. But you seemed to have imposed one on me.”

Cathy smiled. “You are far more powerful that your friend was. We wanted to see where it would take you. And we’ve seen.”

Tara stared at her. “Why did you choose to hurt my mother? Why couldn’t you have done something to me?”

The first man spoke up. “We did. Seeing your mother in pain and knowing you caused it is the worst thing we could have done to you.”

Tara shook her head. “You’re wrong.”

He raised an eyebrow. “Am I?”

“Yes. I didn't cause it. My actions in the past were stupid but I’ve been punished. I saw what it did to my friend and to me; I can no longer cast spells without fear. Before, it was something beautiful for me.”

“Very touching, Miss Maclay.”

“Ms,” Giles intervened. “Call her Ms Maclay.” He took off his glasses. “With all due respect, sir, Ms Maclay is correct. She learned her lesson, and that is why the system of punishment was put into place. Not for threats and unnecessary pain for innocent people.”

Tara didn’t know how rules of being frozen in time worked, but she wondered if her mom could die while they went through these pleasantries. She wished they would hurry. “Please. I’ll do anything.”

The man laughed. “Those are never wise words, Miss Maclay. But they intrigue me. How about a trade?”

Tara was about to say yes. Then she saw that the man was looking directly at Willow.

To be continued...

Edited by: vix84 at: 3/12/05 3:57 am

Post subject: Re: Chapter 19
PostPosted: Sat Mar 12, 2005 6:28 am 
:shock Looked at Willow? NU UHH! Make 'em stop looking at Willow.

This fic took a scary turn. You're freaking me out Miss.

What an intense update. We've waited 2 years and you give us shoulder tightening suspense. I love it. Punishment here is pretty severe. *puts away spellbook* *snuffs candle* Makes me want to stop my dabbles.

I love that you are writing again. You really have a brilliant story here. Thanks for coming back to finish it for us.

Mwa!!

Urn of OsirisA new idea is delicate. It can be killed by a sneer or a yawn; it can be stabbed to death by a joke or worried to death by a frown on the right person's brow. Charles Brower

PostPosted: Sat Mar 12, 2005 12:31 pm 
uh oh... Willow?

Oh this can't be good...:paranoid

I know Willow would do anything for Tara, but I can't believe that making a decision to purposefully harm another can be a good thing...

Oh dear.. I'm all with the nervous. More soon please!

I know Tara will come through!

Go get yourself some tiny girls! Give yourself something to live for! ~ My muddled mind on six hours of Rachel

PostPosted: Sat Mar 12, 2005 6:55 pm 
"For the first time in months, she relaxed."

Oh hon, I loved your update. That bit in particular. It was so beautiful and sad!

I loved the twist! You are quite a mastermind, little lady!

I can't wait to see what Tara chooses :D

Oh, and you must tell us more about Dawn and her usage of illicit drugs! Joyce is such a nimwad!!

Thanks so much for a brilliant piece of prose!!

:flower <-- a flower for the lady

Can't wait for more!

PostPosted: Sun Mar 13, 2005 6:17 pm 
:| Why's the man looking at Willow?! :eyebrow

:sheep I really like your fic! I just read it all today. :D The way Tara knew Willow was looking at her at the dinner party with the Scoobies and Donnie was funny. And later when Willow flashed Tara! :rofl I bet she got an eye-full there, and later just before their bath. :wink Tara mom Liz and Willow's mom Sharon - I was lmao, nice moms! :laugh I like your naughty vixeny Willow & Tara, so much fun!! :fallen :D

The man won't take Willow will he?! :aww He can't have Willow, she should be off limits! Anyone but Willow..and Tara too, anyone but Willow or Tara! :pray

Anxiously awaiting to see what happens next. :ashamed

Liv :kitty

PostPosted: Mon Mar 14, 2005 1:15 am 
Thank you SOOOO much for updating! It was wonderful. Did you have to leave us with a cliffhanger, though? I know that we tend to beg a lot...and trust me I'm grateful you posted this...but, can we get more? Pleeeeeeeeease? *grin* Thanks again for posting...it has made me very happy. :)

Aimee

"Pope John Paul today confirmed his opposition to gay marriages, said they're unnatural. Gay marriage is unnatural. Then he put on a pointy hat, his dress, and returned to never having sex at all." -Bill Maher

PostPosted: Tue Mar 15, 2005 12:28 pm 
Why is it that Concil's who think they are trying to "help" are only being asses? Is anyone else seeing a pattern here?

"I think when I cease to go to the bathroom, then I can call myself famous." -Amber Benson

"Anyone can be passionate, but it takes real lovers to be silly." -Rose Franken

PostPosted: Sat Mar 19, 2005 10:54 pm 
My dear, beloved readers,

Thank you all so much for replying. Especially since it's taken me so long to update. Sorry for leaving you with a cliffhanger but I shall update tomorrow!

Now for my proper thanks:

Urnieeeeeeeeee *hugs* thanks for replying! Lol, yes, it has been two years. That's scary. Sorry if I made you stop dabbling. Please, relight your candle. Hex away, my friend. Thanks for the encouragement, I appreciate it :D

Cindippy: Don't be nervous! I promise, I'm always nice to my characters. I'll try to make it all good again. Thanks for reading and feedbacking, you're a swell pal.

Baby darling sweetie moon-pie: *waves merrily* Thanks for your wise words! I like that no matter who you feedback, you always quote a sentense that you particularly liked. It makes a lonely writer feel real good. *feels real good* Hey, no problem, I'll write you lovely pieces of prose any time you like! PS. Our replies to each other in threads have changed a little over time, aye?

Liv: Heya! Thanks and welcome! I'm glad you're all caught up and that you enjoyed yourself. Wow, that must have taken some time to read. Thanks, I also like vixeny Will and Tara. God didn't create women for them not to be vixeny together!

Aimee: No problem! Thank you for coming back like a faithful kitten. Sorry about the cliffhanger :P I didn't mean to cause any problems. Yes, you can have more... I guess the begging worked!

Missocki: Councils are totally evil, dude. You are so right! I do see the pattern you mention.

Pattern:

-Council does something

-Something = be an ass

-Conclusion: Councils are asses

Older feedback:

mxgirl314: Hey, welcome to the story. The update is on its way :)

Mickie: Hellooooooo, long time no speak. Thanks for the flowers :P I didn't know MN grew such nice roses this time of year. Missed you too! Send love to Peg.

Willow18: Hi! I'm glad I made you laugh :P Laughing is good!

Cind: Was your sanity ever not left at the door? *hands you more good times*

Aimee and Michelle: Hey guys, thanks for coming back. I hope life is great for you both. Rach sends her regards!

Rachel: It is a fab year, and you know why? Because of you, and because of the 1kg of soy turkey in our fridge.

:pride

Thank you all again, I realllllllllllllllllllly appreciate you all coming back to my little thread.

Edited by: vix84 at: 3/19/05 10:00 pm

Post subject: The Crying Game (AU)
PostPosted: Tue Mar 22, 2005 4:51 am 
Disclaimer: Not mine, bla bla

Note from me: I said this was going to be the last part, but there's still another one coming. I decided to split it in two. Thanks for reading :heart

Chapter 20

Tara’s eyes burned with tears, but she didn’t turn away. She didn’t even blink. “You can’t be serious.”

The man ignored her. “The redhead is Willow Rosenburg,” he announced, pointing.

The group of council members stared at Willow and began to whisper. Tara stared at Willow, too. A piece of hair hung in front of her face, and Tara’s hands itched to move it and tuck it behind her ear.

She wondered how Willow would handle this situation if she were in her shoes, and came to a quick decision. “This is between you and me. Not you and my mom, and not you and Willow.”

The man smiled at Tara. “It seems that you’re sharing many things with this lady.” He took in Tara’s outfit, chocolate brown skirt and a striped green shirt, and continued. “Her fashion sense, for example. And her sense of humor, her heart, even her bed.”

Giles looked away.

“But unfortunately, you don’t seem to share her common sense when it comes to using magick.”

It stung to be contrasted with her girlfriend in this way. “I don’t think that’s fair.” Tara exhaled. “Look, I admit, there was a time when I didn’t think about the consequences. But doesn’t everyone have a time they’re not proud of? I learned magick from my mother, who is the most respectful and cautious witch ever. I do not cast spells for personal profit or convenience, only necessity.” She turned to look at her mother, frozen and beautiful. She hoped, goddess she hoped, that she wasn’t just wasting time.

He raised his eyebrows. “Is that true, Miss Maclay? Can you prove it?”

Anya and Xander were sharing a salad and pizza at Pizza Shmittza. Xander was boring Anya by telling her about his day.

“Xander, can we talk about something interesting now? Like me?”

Xander sighed, wondering why he even tried. “Sure. What do you want to tell me about you? You’re just a college student. Unless you have some big bad secret I don’t know about.”

Anya was about to laugh off the comment, when she saw Ira and Sharon approach their table.

“Ohmigod! Anya!” Sharon grinned. “Ira, this is the vengeance demon that shrunk your penis!”

Anya smiled weakly. “Er, hi.”

“And who’s your lucky date?” Sharon turned to Xander and gasped. “Alexander! You’re dating Anya?”

Xander elbowed Anya under the table. “Hello, Mrs Rosenburg. Yes, Anya’s a special friend of mine.” He looked bemused. “And, judging by your comments, Anya’s your special friend, too!”

Sharon turned to her husband. “Alexander had better watch out, hadn’t he,” she said teasingly. “Ira, dear, maybe you should have a word with him.”

“Sure. Alex, would you accompany me to the men’s room?” He winked at his wife. “Secret men’s business.”

Xander stood reluctantly and followed.

Sharon took a seat beside Anya. She took the girl’s hand and looked down guiltily. “He didn’t know, did he?”

Anya shook her head worriedly.

“I’m sorry, I put my foot in my mouth.” Sharon sighed. “I was so excited, I didn’t even think about it.”

“It’s OK, Sylvester,” Anya said at last. “I think Xander likes the sex too much to leave me over something like being a demon.”

“True, true.” The older woman nodded seriously. “Anya, honey, I want to thank you again for what you did for my marriage. Ira is a different man. He’s so attentive to my needs. Let me tell you, not many women that have given birth can feel so full again.”

Anya’s eyes widened. “You know they have surgery for that, now,” she informed the woman. “Just a little tightening.”

“Anya, let’s put it this way, I don’t need it anymore.” Sharon took her hand. “Thanks, sweetie. I told him everything and you know what he said? He said thank you. He knew things were bad and just assumed they would never be better.”

The men returned to the table and Ira patted Xander’s head. “He’s gonna be OK. Aren’t you?”

Xander nodded, his eyes as large as a child’s.

“So, Xand,” Anya said slowly, “do you have any questions?”

He shook his head, biting his lip.

“He’s a little nervous,” Ira whispered in Anya’s ear. “I told him to treat you like a princess or else his winkie would fall off.”

Xander started to laugh. “So can we do spells?” he asked, covering his hand with his mouth to stifle the chuckles. “Kind of like Willow and Tara?”

Ira held his head high. “Sorry, pal, but Willow and Tara are in a league of their own. A league you’ll never be part of.” Internally, he thanked the Lord for making Willow choose the beautiful, intelligent Tara over this childhood sweetheart oaf.

“And how do I prove it?” Tara asked, although she knew. She felt so sick, even though this was a sweet, wonderful twist of fate. She moved away, so that she didn’t have to look at Liz. Even though she was doing this for her mother, she felt somewhat disgusted with herself.

“Give up magick.”

Tara turned to face Giles. To his credit, he looked directly at her. Then he shrugged helplessly.

Cathy rolled her eyes. “Seems to me that there isn’t a question here. Mom dies or you quit making roses float.” She pretended to contemplate deeply.

“Magick is my life.”

Tara thought back to when she was five, holding her mother’s hand in the garden and learning each plant and herb, and why it was so important. She could remember the smells, the intoxicating sweetness that she found so comforting. At the time she was sure that it was the magick. But over time she had realized that part of the comfort was in the hand she was holding.

She remembered the first time she had experienced the Solstice, how her mother had her pick out an outfit. She had wanted to look spiritual and feminine, and chose a pale blue dress with sweeping sleeves and a lace neck. Her mother helped with the clasp on her gold chain with the pentagram, and it hung over her chest. When she turned up for the celebration of the sun, most of the people were wearing jeans and sweatshirts. She had been embarrassed and had wanted to leave. She now recalled Liz’s words. “Baby, if you feel uncomfortable we can leave. But we are celebrating a beautiful event and you look even more beautiful than ever before.” After that, she was glad she wore that dress.

Tara’s eyes trailed over to Willow. Surely she’d understand, Tara thought. Being Witches wasn’t the only thing they had in common. In fact, they had barely discussed their powers at first. Tara had wanted try out the levitation, but after the other night, she knew that she didn’t need magick to make sex with Willow amazing. Her relationship with Willow offered her so much. It was worth the sacrifice.

At last, Tara opened her mouth to respond, but a wave of doubt overtook her. Being Wiccan was all she knew. Casting spells was a way of life, something that gave her significance. What was she without it? She glanced around the small hospital room for answers, the room where she had despaired over and over. She couldn’t even remember her life before the hospital visits had started. Maybe there wasn’t anything to remember.

A warmth spread slowly through her body and she smiled. If she got to keep her mother and her girlfriend, then she wouldn’t be losing anything.

“I’ll give up casting.” Tara opened her bag and removed the crystal she carried for health and wellness, every time she visited her mother. She walked slowly over to the man and held it out to him. “Do I have to give this up?” She reached into her shirt and lifted the chain which held the gold pentagram. “It’s not magickal. It just has a lot of personal meaning.”

The man smiled. “Finally, a good decision. Please hand it over.”

Tara, with shaking fingers, began to remove the chain. She kept slipping on the clasp, and felt impatient tears gather in her eyes. Giles approached her and gently helped remove the necklace.

“Is that it?” Tara looked desperately at the man.

“You need to give an oath.”

She nodded. “Can I do it now? I’ll say whatever you need me to say, I just want this to be over with.”

“Patience, Miss Maclay,” the man admonished lightly. “I need you to cut off two inches of hair, and then pierce your finger with this needle and write ‘no more magick’ on this parchment.”

“OK. I need scissors and a needle.” Tara searched the supply cupboards, and was reaching for the surgical supplies drawer when she heard laughter.

“You think this is funny?” She swung around, her anger so sharp it made the laughter evaporate immediately. “Do you realize how corrupt your council is? You say that your aim is to help witches, and create balance and good energy in the community, but really, you are fucking it up.”

The man started to laugh again. “You’ve got to admit, the line about ‘no more magick’ was pretty funny.”

Cathy rushed over and gave her a hug. “I’m so sorry for putting you through that. I wish I could have given you a clue or something, to make it easier for you. I hoped the file had been enough of a clue.”

“Clue?” Tara felt sick and didn’t know what she was talking about.

“Oh. Oh.” Cathy looked horrified. “We’re not really taking your magick away, sweetie. It was a test. You passed with flying colors. I gave you the file the other day so that you’d get the idea to stop your mom from dying. I assumed that when you saw I was prosecutor you’d realize I was on your side.”

“Cathy,” Giles chided, “assuming makes plenty of fools. Perhaps Ms Maclay doesn’t share your presumptuous nature.”

“I guess not,” Cathy exclaimed. “Tara, this is Adam Johns,” she pointed to the man who had suggested the deal. “Adam took control of the council after his predecessor resigned. He was the one that chose your punishment.” Her dark eyes looked troubled.

Adam extended a hand. “Miss Maclay, I’m sorry if I alarmed you. My party has brought change to the council and have tried to fix some of the huge problems. One of them is the punishment system. We really didn’t want to have to put you through something like this, but progress is slow in the Witches’ Council. For the traditionalists’ peace of mind, we had to put you through a ‘test’. We couldn’t just ‘miraculously’ heal your mom. It was really so that we could put something in the file.”

“Of course,” Giles intervened, “if you hadn’t had the courage to speak up and demand an alternative punishment, we wouldn’t have let your mother die.” He coughed. “I assure you, we would have done everything in our capacity to…”

“You know what?” Tara said quietly. “I don’t care anymore. Can I please have my mom back?”

Willow crept forward, startling Tara. “Baby? What happened?”

Tara rushed into her arms. “I don’t know.”

Tell me here, in my head.

Tara closed her eyes.

Tara? Baby, I’m here now. It’s OK. What did they do?

Tara shook her head lightly against Willow’s body.

You won’t talk to me in my head?

Tara lifted her head and looked at Willow. Her eyes said no, and Willow understood.

Dawn, Donnie and John, realizing something was happening – and it wasn’t Liz dying – stepped into the hallway to give privacy. The Witches’ Council was gone, so quickly that Tara wasn’t even sure they had been there. Only Willow remained, and led her wordlessly over to her mother.

Liz was sitting on the edge of her bed, her eyes dark. She took Tara’s unsteady hand and kissed it. “Baby,” she whispered, “the test wasn’t whether or not you’d give up your magic. It was to see if you would be selfless enough to change what was decided. Just by believing you could, you did.”

Tara’s lashes were wet. “Don’t call me selfless. The reason you were sick was my selfishness.”

“No.” Liz tried to think of words of comfort. “Tare, when you were seven, you asked me why bad things happen. I told you it’s part of life, and it happens so that people can show what they’re made of. Today, my darling, you showed everyone just how strong you are.”

Willow kissed Tara’s knuckles. “I’m sorry I doubted you. I didn’t even think it was possible to change something like that.”

Tara just shook her head. “Neither did I.”

Willow looked uncertainly at Liz. “So what happens now? Are you better?”

Liz looked as uncertain as the redhead. “I haven’t had the doctor check, but I feel completely different. It sure doesn’t make any medical sense.”

Willow laughed. “The best things in life don’t make sense to science. Liz, I’m so happy.” She hugged the woman tightly, then turned to her girlfriend. “Baby, what did you have to do?”

Tara looked away. “I gave up magick.”

Willow breathed. “Oh, sweetie. For how long?”

“Forever.” Tara didn’t tell them that this was her own trade, not the Council’s.

Edited by: vix84 at: 3/22/05 3:54 am

Post subject: Re: The Crying Game (AU)
PostPosted: Tue Mar 22, 2005 9:52 am 
:jaw :sheep WOW.

I still think council's are weird!

"I think when I cease to go to the bathroom, then I can call myself famous." -Amber Benson

"Anyone can be passionate, but it takes real lovers to be silly." -Rose Franken

PostPosted: Tue Mar 22, 2005 9:03 pm 
Councils suck!

I don't care if it was a joke.. so not cool to do that:no

i'm glad that Liz seems to be feeling better.. tho I still worry.. that much stress on a body.. that can't be good:(

I'm glad Ira is "da man" now LOL

They both seem really happy:) And Xander will be quick to treat Anya right:P

But Tara giving up magick...poor Tara. I'm sure at this point she feels like it was more trouble than it's worth. It could have cost her the ones she holds most dear.. I could be tempted to make the same decision....but I'm not all comfy with her letting Willow think that it was the council's ban. Willow loves her with or without the magic, and I am sure she would respect Tara's decision not to use.. and her reasons behind it.

And another part?

YES!

:bow

PostPosted: Tue Mar 22, 2005 9:19 pm 
Oh honey!

That was a wonderful update! How do you come up with these amazing ideas!?

I can't wait to read the rest of it!

I loved loved loved the end of this update! I understand perfectly why Tara did it and I think it was beautiful and real!

"Willow laughed. “The best things in life don’t make sense to science. Liz, I’m so happy.” She hugged the woman tightly, then turned to her girlfriend. “Baby, what did you have to do?” Tara looked away. “I gave up magick.” Willow breathed. “Oh, sweetie. For how long?” “Forever.” Tara didn’t tell them that this was her own trade, not the Council’s. "

You're amazing! Never stop writing!

I love you!

PostPosted: Wed Mar 23, 2005 1:00 pm 
Well you gave us a little twist there didn't ya? I loved the update and am so happy to read this great fic.

I'm happy that this wasn't the last update. I'll miss this story and the lives that you created for these characters. I hope that you've got something creative brewing in that quirky head of yours.

Urn of OsirisA new idea is delicate. It can be killed by a sneer or a yawn; it can be stabbed to death by a joke or worried to death by a frown on the right person's brow. Charles Brower

PostPosted: Wed Mar 23, 2005 3:13 pm 
WHOA...that´s what I call a cliffhanger...:shock :shock

It was mean and cruel to put Tara throught all those tests, and the coucil should be :punish :punish :punish :punish

on the other hand...now ther just might be a happy end ????? :wink

GREAT JOB !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Post subject: The Crying Game (AU)
PostPosted: Sun Apr 10, 2005 2:05 am 
Note: This is the last part. Have fun. ;)

Chapter 21

Dawn walked home slowly, her head full of thoughts. It had only been a few days since Liz’s recovery. They had been days of food, laughter and conversations with Liz that didn’t involve death or magick. Today, with the medical test results confirming the good news, she felt a burden lifted off her shoulders.

She dropped her backpack on the floor when she came into the house and walked toward the kitchen. To her annoyance, Joyce was already there.

“Mom, shouldn’t you be in my room? I thought that was your favorite hangout.”

Joyce stared at her daughter. “Dawn, I have something I’d like to say.”

Dawn shrugged. “If you’re going to shout some more, you should save your breath.” She took a soda from the fridge and sat down, not facing her mother.

Joyce moved her chair so that Dawn was forced to look at her. “I didn’t mean for things to go so wrong. When you came here I promised myself I’d make you happy, and I thought I did a good job. But then you drifted away, Dawn. At first I thought it was just a teenager thing, but then I found the drugs.”

“Jesus, mom. They’re not drugs!” Dawn opened the bottle of soda and took a swig. This was going to take a while. “Back in San Francisco, I was into drugs. That’s why I came here.”

Joyce choked. “But I thought Hank…”

“Yes, that’s what he wanted you to think.” Dawn inhaled deeply. “Dad and his new wife were so sweet to me. When they found out, they didn’t scream or kick me out. They just got me help. And when I had figured things out, they gave me a choice. Live there and try to avoid the old people and places. Or come and live with you for a while. A fresh start, you know. And he knew that if he said anything you’d be suspicious every time I went out.” Dawn snorted. “As it turned out, he didn’t need to tell you anything to make you suspicious.”

“He should have told me,” Joyce said in a small voice. “I wouldn’t have overreacted.”

Dawn shrugged. “You would have. You’re my mom. It would be weird if you didn’t overreact. Anyway, when you started accusing me it all came back. And I don’t think I’ve resolved things there enough. I’m thinking of going back to live there, maybe.”

Joyce nodded. “It’s your decision, honey. I’ll always want you to live here, but you make up your own mind.”

“I have some things I still need to do here.” Dawn thought about the people she had met that she didn’t want to give up so easily. “Did you hear about Tara’s mom?”

Joyce shook her head. “Tara, you mean that girl that Willow is, er, friendly with?”

“Yes.” Dawn wrinkled her face with confusion. “What do you mean, ‘is friendly’? Don’t you know that they’re a lesbian couple?”

Joyce coughed at Dawn’s careless discussion of such a topical issue. “Dawn, I wouldn’t throw that word around like it’s normal.”

“Mom.” Dawn leaned forward until her mother was forced to look into her eyes. “There is nothing wrong with it. They love each other. They have sooooo much in common, it’s cuter than an OC love storyline. Seriously, mom, quit being so old-fashioned. Watch them interact. It’s heart-warming and quite sexy, too.”

“That’s enough!” It bothered her, but Joyce was touched by Dawn’s defence of the girls. “So what were you saying about Tara’s mom?”

“Well, her mom had cancer and this was supposed to be her last week. But she made a miraculous recovery. The doctor nearly had a heart attack when he saw the results of her new scans.”

“That’s wonderful. You’ll have to tell Tara that I’m very happy for her.”

“You can tell her yourself,” Dawn said with a grin. “She’s coming over tonight.”

Joyce, enlivened by the concept of an impromptu celebratory gathering, had made a Spanish themed dinner. Partly because she loved Spanish food, but also because of her husband’s indiscretions with a Spanish woman. It was her way of proving herself.

Anya and Xander had come over early to help, and Dawn and Buffy were setting up plates.

“Dinner’s nearly ready,” Joyce called from the kitchen.

“OK, Mom,” Buffy replied, “they should be here soon.” She turned to Anya and Xander and they exchanged looks.

No one voiced it, but they were all worried about Willow and Tara’s arrival. Joyce hadn’t been subtle with her opinions on their relationship, and they didn’t want the couple to be insulted or criticized at the dinner.

There was a knock at the door and Dawn rushed to answer. “Hey!” she squealed. “Come in! Liz, you have to come upstairs and see my room. I repainted. And I got an Ipod. I must be, like, the last person in California to get one.”

“God bless materialism,” Anya said seriously.

Hank and Donnie stepped into the living room, looking around shyly.

Joyce rushed into the role of hostess. “Hello you two. You’ve never been here before, have you? Please leave your coats-”

She was interrupted by Donnie. “Actually, yes, I have.” He eyed Buffy. “For your daughter’s party.”

Upstairs, Dawn was hugging Liz for what must have been the hundredth time that day. “Liz, I was thinking of moving to San Francisco to be with my dad.”

“Oh, Dawnie, I’ll miss you!”

Dawn interrupted, “but then I realized I’d miss you too much! So I don’t know. I mean, there’s always Yahoo messenger or AOL and we could just buzz each other whenever we were free.” She paused. “Do you even own a computer?”

Liz began to drag her downstairs for the dinner.

“Liz, can I just say one thing in private before we go downstairs?”

“Sure.”

Dawn blushed. “It’s just, you shared so much personal stuff with me. And I want you to know that you don’t have to worry. I’ll keep everything to myself. Especially the Willow and Tara sexy stuff.”

Liz hugged her. “Thanks. But I think they’re planning on being so sexy tonight that it won’t matter!”

The doorbell rang again, and this time it was the Rosenbergs.

“Sharon!” Joyce exclaimed, her smile betraying her insecurity. The last time she’d seen Sharon, she had insulted her with comments about homosexuality. She wondered if the Rosenbergs discussed her in private and what kinds of things they said. She imagined Ira at the Sabbath table, cackling about her narrow-minded ways. She felt her jaw tighten defensively.

Sharon Rosenberg was all class. “Joyce,” she squealed without hesitation, “you’re looking wonderful.” Sharon looked great herself. She was wearing an exquisite diamond necklace, contrasted with a simple tank top and jeans, and her hair was sleek and glossy.

Ira stepped forward. “Could I hang up your coat and purse, sexy lady?” he asked his wife.

She handed them to him and smiled coyly at Joyce. “This man is an absolute gem.”

Joyce felt jealousy bubble through her. She’d always thought herself superior to Sharon. Since Joyce was single, she could have a fling if she wanted to. Sharon couldn’t. Joyce could hire an escort if she ever had a dinner party or event, while Sharon was stuck with a husband that acted like he’d rather be tortured than entertained.

But… something was different. Ira was looking younger, his hair spiked with gel in a ‘do’ that Joyce supposed was trendy these days. His skin looked taut and tanned and his laugh was infectious.

“Please join the others in the living room,” Joyce said in a brittle voice. She rushed back into the kitchen to check on her seafood paella. ‘At least I can still have a fling,’ she thought smugly, stirring the thick rice.

Sharon took a seat beside Anya. “God,” she whispered, “that woman needs a good lay in the sack.”

Anya nodded. “Yes, I think the last time she had sexual intercourse was probably Dawn’s conception.” They laughed together, until Anya’s face turned serious. “I’m anticipating a problem with the arrival of Willow and Tara.”

Sharon rolled her eyes. “She better not give them any trouble. I’m not opposed to the punch-penalty!”

“Oh, that would be fun,” Anya agreed.

“Who are we punching?” Buffy cut in.

“Er,” Sharon trailed off, but Anya didn’t have her sensibilities.

“Your mom.”

Buffy nodded seriously. “If she says something to Tara, like ‘you forced Will into unnatural sexual practices,’ I’ll kick her scrawny ass.”

Anya and Sharon looked impressed.

Donnie, meanwhile, was trying to impress Dawn. “My mp3 player stores up to 512 megabites.”

She bit her nail disinterestedly. “Cool.” She mouthed the word ‘whatever’ while he wasn’t looking.

“I might get a motorbike.” He grinned.

Dawn smirked. “Bikes are so nineties.”

He sighed. This was a hard nut to break. “You’re hot.”

Dawn’s eyes widened. “I am?”

“Yeah. Want to go out with me?”

She thought about the fact that Buffy had discarded him. Well, at least it meant her sister had liked him enough to date him in the first place. “Sure.”

Joyce was complaining about the paella getting cold when they heard the distinct sounds of Willow and Tara walking up the path to the door. Dawn rushed towards the door and pulled it open.

The brunette did a double take. She had never seen Tara wear lipstick before, let alone a miniskirt, and was aghast. “Wow,” she said, before realizing she was speaking aloud.

Willow held out her arms to Dawn. “Well said, Dawnie.” The redhead looked her girlfriend up and down and smacked her lips appreciatively.

Tara nudged Dawn. “Save the wow for Willow.” Willow looked like a child of the sixties. She wore a blue and green tie-dyed dress that clung suggestively to her every curve, with long, green chandelier earrings, and her hair was pulled back and clasped with an emerald.

Willow blushed.

Tara put her hand on Willow’s neck and Willow felt her legs almost give way. “Baby,” the blond whispered, “if the meal isn’t any good, I want to have you on the table.”

“Stop verbally screwing each other and come in,” Anya called loudly. “I’m hungry.”

The girls entered the house and were oohed and aahed over by their friends.

“If I was bi,” Buffy said conversationally, “I would offer a good sum of money for a threesome, guys.” Her eyes were glued to Tara. “Yum.”

Willow grabbed onto Tara protectively. “I’ll have you know, for the record, that I’d turn down your good sum of money.”

“So would I,” Tara echoed. “The only threesome I’d ever partake in would be with Will and maybe her doppelganger. Maybe not even that.”

Willow laughed. “I bet she’d be weird, like me.”

“Who’s weird?” Xander asked, coming out of the Summers’ bathroom. He wiped his hands on his jeans, glanced at Willow and Tara, and then turned and went back into the bathroom.

Joyce put down the spatula and turned off the stove. The paella was done. She decided to have a quick freshening session in the bathroom before the dinner began.

She strode into the bathroom without thinking and saw Xander fiddling with his zipper.

“Oh my god!” she cried. “Alex, I’m so sorry. I’ll just leave. Please, continue with…”

He clamped his hand to his head. ‘I should have learned by now not to do this here,’ he thought.

Joyce remembered her previous thoughts about the fling. Xander was the right age and build. After all, she was a desperate housewife.

“Alex,” she purred. “Need some help?”

His eyes darted frantically. Here was his fantasy, but with the wrong Summers woman. “No. Thanks, Mrs Summers, but I have to go now. I think I can hear Anya calling.”

Joyce leaned against the bathroom door. “Do you have to go so soon?” she whimpered. “Things were just getting exciting in here.”

He groaned. “Joyce, you’re like a mom to me. And I don’t do that with my mom.”

She winked. “Maybe you’ve been missing out.” She started to undo her shirt buttons. “Moms do have lots of experience.”

“Yeah, experience with pushing out babies. Not the kind of experience I’m looking for.” He did up his zip and left the bathroom.

Joyce sighed to herself and checked her hair in the mirror. She could see the grey hairs, starting to take over the blonde, and her parting was becoming more like a bald spot. ‘Hold yourself together, Joycie,” she whispered tenderly.

She stepped out of the bathroom and walked into the dining room to tell everyone that the food was ready. The first thing she saw was Anya on Xander’s lap, Ira’s eyes glued to Sharon’s breasts, and Willow and Tara tongue kissing on the sofa.

“Oh, god. You’re all as bad as hormonal teenagers,” she exclaimed. She trailed back into the kitchen.

“Dawn, baby, you’re so fucking sexy,” Donnie was saying into the ear of her youngest child. Their bodies were pressed together against the sink.

Joyce grabbed the spatula and held it defensively at Donnie. “Get away from my daughter.”

Donnie rolled his eyes. “Whatever,” he and Dawn said simultaneously.

At last, the dinner party began.

“Joyce, I’ll have to get the recipe for your garlic mushrooms,” Liz said enthusiastically. “You’re a wonderful chef. Do you have a Spanish background?”

Joyce shook her head. “No, but my ex-husband’s second-wife does.”

“Ah.” Liz smiled.

Willow turned to Dawn. “Dawnie, have you made your mind up about moving to San Fran or are you staying here?”

Dawn swallowed her food and shrugged her shoulders. “I don’t know, Will. It would be kinda cool to go to a college around here. I mean, since I already have some friends here.” She winked at Donnie.

Willow grinned. “Oh, hey, that reminds me.” She turned to her father. “Dad, I enrolled in medicine at UC Sunnydale.”

Her father’s eyes widened. “So there was a reason you were so interested in the family book of medical symptoms.” He leaned over and hugged his daughter. “I’m so happy. And not just because it’s a good Jewish girl thing to do. I think you’ll be a wonderful doctor.”

Tara agreed. “She’ll be perfect. And she looks way cute with a stethoscope.” She raised her wine glass. “Let’s toast my baby.”

Everyone clinked glasses.

“Actually,” Tara continued, “I’m also going to be attending UCS. I’m going to major in art history.”

Liz grinned from ear to ear. “Oh, honey, I’m so glad you’re going back to school. Did they mind that you dropped out before?”

Tara shook her head. “I just had to show them my portfolio and they accepted me.”

Sharon whistled. “You must be good.” She smiled at the blond. “I hope your kids inherit your ability with art.”

“Hey!” Willow raised her eyebrows. “Are you saying I was bad at drawing?”

“Not bad,” Ira replied. “Just alternative.”

Tara lifted Willow’s hair away from her ear. “You’re great with a brush and body paint,” she whispered.

“Thanks, baby,” Willow smiled.

Joyce watched the girls interact and couldn’t resist. “Girls, I see that you’re good friends. But couldn’t you both date men and just stay friends?”

Anya, Xander, Buffy, Dawn, Sharon, Ira and Liz all opened their mouths to defend the girls’ relationship.

But Willow got in first.

“Actually no,” Willow answered smoothly. “The sex wouldn’t be as good.”

Joyce’s mouth dropped open and she stuffed a spoonful of rice in.

“Besides,” Dawn added, “a guy wouldn’t suit them. Can you imagine either of them being demure wives, serving dinner and asking how his day was?”

“It’s not even that,” Sharon exclaimed, “I think their love is so beautiful that we have to ignore societal pressure!”

John turned to look at Willow. “Actually, your reason was pretty accurate. From what I heard that day, the sparks between you are particularly spectacular in the bedroom.”

Willow blushed beet red. “You heard? Oh god!”

Tara held her girlfriend tightly. “We might be moving into an apartment off-campus when classes start. So we can be as loud as we want. Sorry, dad.”

He looked amused. “Don’t worry, girls, I put the radio on. With Cher singing at volume seven, I only heard you at your loudest.”

“So, I’m curious,” Sharon began. “In your apartment, will you have Pagan, Christian or Jewish artefacts and customs?”

“Pagan,” Willow said lightly, but looked at her girlfriend.

Donnie stopped touching Dawn under the table. “Pagan? But I thought Tara couldn’t be Pagan anymore. Didn’t the stuff with mom teach you anything?”

“Donnie,” Liz said quietly.

Tara glared at her brother. “It taught me a lot, Donald. But there’s nothing wrong with me being Pagan. Nothing is going to happen. Nobody is going to punish me.”

He smirked. “I thought you were banned from putting spells on people. I guess you can’t hex me for talking back to you, now.”

Tara stood. “You know, you’re kind of tempting me to do so.”

He jumped up. “Well, you can’t. You’re banned.” He started to laugh.

Willow put her hand on her girlfriend’s, but it was too late.

“I’m not banned,” Tara hissed. “In fact, the Council don’t care what I do now. I chose not to use magick for a while.”

Donnie muttered to himself and made the ‘Loser’ sign on his forehead.

But Willow had stopped.

Everyone else at the table looked away from the two girls.

“Tara,” Willow said. “Could you help me get a drink in the kitchen?”

Tara felt herself begin to shake. “Sure.” She followed her girlfriend into the kitchen and tried to hold her hand, but Willow pulled away.

“I’m going to say this quietly, because they’re all listening,” Willow started, “but if we were in private I would be shouting. Just so you know.”

Tara nodded grimly.

“I am not the type of girlfriend to judge your decisions. I would have accepted whatever you told me about that day.” Willow stared at her lover. “Did you really think you had to lie to me?”

Tara shook her head. “Baby, it wasn’t like that. I didn’t understand myself why I wanted to give up magick. It was just easier to pretend that they had forbid me from using it.”

Willow swallowed. “I just thought that you trusted me, with everything. Even if you were confused yourself. Don’t we usually help each other out when we’re confused?”

“Yes, honey. I’m sorry.” Tara’s eyes beseeched Willow’s. “I wish I'd told you. I’d do anything to take it back.”

Willow’s eyes filled with tears. “If you’d told me that day that you had chosen to give it up, I wouldn’t have asked any questions, or challenged you, or told you that it was a dumb idea. I would have hugged you and waited for you to heal from this, until you felt ready to try magick again. And now? I don’t know what to tell you. What do you want me to say, Tara? That it’s OK to lie to me?”

Tara shook her head, speechless, and left the kitchen. She rushed up the stairs to Willow’s room and sat on the bed.

“Tara Maclay, get your butt back down here this instant!”

Willow waited a moment and heard nothing. ‘Darn it,’ she said aloud, and ran past the gaping guests to the staircase.

When she reached the room she could hear the sobbing, and it broke her heart to know that she had caused it. “Baby, please, can I talk to you?”

“No.” The blond covered her face with a pillow. “You’re right, I don’t deserve you.”

“Did I say that?” The redhead grabbed the pillow away and made her girlfriend look at her. “I said that we shouldn’t ever lie to each other. That is not the same as ‘I don’t deserve you’. Can’t you see that?”

Tara reached for Willow’s hand. “I can. I was wrong. Can you forgive me?”

There was a long pause, while Willow studied her girlfriend. “Baby, of course I forgive you."

Tara looked relieved.

"And I must say, it’s nice to hear you apologize, it’s usually me.”

Tara smiled. “Hey now.”

Willow began to stroke Tara’s hair. “It’s also nice to see you smiling again. For a minute there I thought it was goodbye.” She stuck her tongue out.

Tara stared at her. “No way! I'm not breaking up with you. Like my dad said, our sex is too good.”

Willow nodded. “True, very true.” She thought about this. “Tare, how do you feel about the concept of make up sex?”

Tara pretended to consider this at length. “Well,” she said at last, “I’m not opposed. It’s probably a healthy thing for a relationship.”

“You’re right.” Willow’s hand moved to Tara’s neck, and the pace of her stroking increased. “I mean, not for my own selfish reasons, but if it’s good for the relationship, maybe we should…”

Tara tweaked Willow’s nipple playfully. “You selfless woman! Always thinking of what’s best for others.”

A small moan escaped Willow, and she grabbed Tara’s hand before she could remove it from her breast. “Now, now, where are you off to in such a hurry? It’s not like we’re in the middle of a dinner party.”

Tara blushed the color of primrose. “Sorry, babe.” She caressed the soft skin of Willow’s breast and giggled as the nipple jumped to attention. Then she pulled away from Willow, ran to the door and locked it, and returned with a sly look on her face.

“So,” Willow said conversationally, “what can I do for you, m’lady?”

Tara looked down shyly, her hair hanging in her face. “I have a little problem.”

Willow breathed encouragingly. “Oh, come on. We’re all girls here. Do tell.”

Tara peeked an eye through the long strands of hair. “You see, I’m a little too wet 'down there', and I just don’t know what to do about it.”

“Ohhh,” Willow exclaimed, “Miss Maclay, you’ve come to the right place. As it happens, Doctor Willow is in session.”

“She is?” Tara beamed. “What luck! Dr Willow, what do you advise for such a serious case of wetness? It’s too much to stand.” She sighed and pushed her hair away from her neck.

Willow speculated. “This is a very difficult case. I think I might need to call in for some help.”

Tara glanced at her.

Willow pretended to speak into a phone extension. “Assistant, could you please come in here for a minute?”

Tara stared.

Willow grinned. “Ah here you are. Miss Maclay, I’d like you to meet my assistant, Mrs Tongue.” She stuck out her tongue to illustrate. “Now today, Mrs Tongue is going to have a little look around, get an idea of what’s going on, and then give her diagnosis.”

Tara giggled.

“Miss Maclay," Willow said severely, "modern medicine is nothing to giggle about. This could save you.” She looked serious. “Now, if you’ll please undress and lie down on the table.”

Tara swivelled to look at the bed, and then began to undo the buttons on her shirt.

Willow turned away to give her privacy. She was going to be a doctor by the books.

“I’m ready, doctor,” Tara said timidly. She was stretched out on the bed, her naked chest rising and falling with her rapid breathing.

Willow stepped forward. “First, I’m going to have to give you a general check up.”

Tara nodded. “Please, doctor, do whatever you have to. Find a cure for this insatiable wetness!” She couldn't keep a straight face, especially when she heard Willow's giggle.

Willow’s hands smoothed over Tara’s breasts, stopping only to graze her nipples. She heard Tara’s sharp intake of breath and smiled to herself.

She raked her nails up and down the blonde’s body, massaging and teasing the warm skin. Her fingers incessantly taunted her nipples, and it was all she could do to stop herself from leaning down and putting one in her mouth.

“Dr Willow,” Tara spoke up, “I was just wondering where you got your expertise from? The first time I visited your clinic, you seemed a little unsure of your abilities.” She looked questioningly at the redhead.

“You ask a wise question, my lass,” the redhead responded. “Actually, the old adage ‘practice makes perfect’ is very true. The more you experiment,” she paused to run her fingers through Tara’s pubic hair, “the better you get at it.”

“Oh.”

Willow wasn’t sure if the ‘oh’ was a response or an involuntary sound, but she liked it. “I’m glad you agree.”

She took a seat and looked at her patient. “Miss Maclay, everything in the general checkup seemed to be in order. If you’re OK with this, I’d like to get assistant Mrs Tongue to look around in a more specific area.”

Tara nodded eagerly. “Sure! I mean, that’s fine... what should I do?”

“Oh, believe me, you’re already doing it. Let me just get things ready for Mrs Tongue.” Willow sensuously snaked her hands down her lover’s body, until she reached the achingly hot thighs. “I’ll just open these, so that Tongue has better access.” She gently separated the legs and bent them upward at the knee.

“Now, Miss Maclay, Tongue likes it when she has the best access possible. It means she can be the best assistant for you, and you can get the most out of your visit today.” Willow lifted Tara’s buttocks and placed a cushion underneath. “Are you comfortable?”

Tara moaned again.

“Thanks, Miss Maclay. I’ll take that as a yes.”

Willow peered between her lover’s legs. “Dude! Sorry, it’s just, I’ve never seen this kind of wetness. Tongue is going to need to spend a while down here.”

Tara nodded weakly. “Uh huh.”

Willow lay down on the bed and put her hands lovingly on her lover's thighs. “Are you ready for this, baby?” she asked huskily, but in her normal voice.

“I love you, Will,” Tara whispered. “I’m ready. Find my cure.”

Willow leaned in and began to explore her lover with her tongue. When she came up for air, she couldn’t help but comment. “Miss Maclay, I’m so glad you came to see me. If you hadn’t come in, I don’t know what would have happened. Tongue tells me that you’ve been aching for this for quite some time.”

“Goddess, Willow. Don’t stop!”

Willow rolled her eyes, amused. “I’m going to have to charge over-time for this.”

Back at the dinner table, the amount of innuendo and snide sexual remarks being thrown back and forward had reached boiling point.

Anya grasped Xander’s hand. “It’s too bad you didn’t install a webcam in that room, that last time you were doing their fittings.”

Xander agreed, silently smacking himself. “Anya, we all have regrets.”

At that moment, a loud moan drifted through the ceiling. “Faster, baby, ohhhhhhhhh, like that, Dr Willow!”

Everyone cracked up, with the exception of Joyce who looked queasy.

"Doctor Willow," Liz mused, eyebrows raised. "I guess Tara's helping her study."

John chucked to himself and reached into his pocket. “It’s lucky I was in Scouts. They didn’t call me prepared-for-anything-John for nothin’!” He lifted a small portable radio and put it on the table, then flicked the volume onto the loudest possible setting.

The sound of “Do you believe in life after love” began to fill the small dining room.

Xander looked hatefully at the radio, and shifted uncomfortably in his seat. He wondered if it would look bad if he went to the bathroom yet again.

Anya put her hand on Xander’s thigh understandingly, squeezing it with the promise of what was to come. “Don’t worry,” she whispered, “I’m horny, too. We’ll leave soon. I just want to see if Joyce prepared a cheese platter.”

Liz smiled at her husband, after glancing at the radio. “Nice remembering, sweetie.”

He grinned back at her and whispered, “thanks. I love you, Lizzie.”

Tara was expressing her third orgasm in no uncertain words.

Willow’s hair was dishevelled from being repeatedly grabbed and pulled at the heights of passion.

The two exhausted girls moved together, until Willow rested her tired head upon Tara’s shoulder.

“What’s your verdict, doc?” Tara asked, sleepy but curious.

“There’s nothing wrong, Tara Maclay. Everything is perfect.”

Tara smiled and felt a tear trickle from her eye. “No more crying game, Will. It’s finally over.”

Willow held on tightly to her girlfriend, wiping away the tear with her thirsty tongue. "But sweetie, the best part is just beginning.”

The End

PostPosted: Sun Apr 10, 2005 5:56 pm 
Ohhh sweetie!

It's so sad that this fic has come to an end! I love it so much! Its character are hilarious yet real. I love the quirkiness and the fun in it. I love how everything turned out right in the end! You, my sweet, are a master of plot, and I thought for old time sake I would review this update the way I used to. Below is a selection of my fave quotes.

Quote:
Joyce, enlivened by the concept of an impromptu celebratory gathering, had made a Spanish themed dinner. Partly because she loved Spanish food, but also because of her husband’s indiscretions with a Spanish woman. It was her way of proving herself.

Oh, what a quote to start with! Gosh, LOL! I think Joyce is the most aggravating and entertaining person in this fic! The poor thing, she tries so hard to feel young and fullfilled! *pats Joycie tenderly on the head*

Quote:
Dawn interrupted, “but then I realized I’d miss you too much! So I don’t know. I mean, there’s always Yahoo messenger or AOL and we could just buzz each other whenever we were free.” She paused. “Do you even own a computer?”

LOL!!! What familiar questions! I love how Dawn is so modern day! That's funny as!

Quote:
Willow grabbed onto Tara protectively. “I’ll have you know, for the record, that I’d turn down your good sum of money.”

*snickers* man, for some reason I just love this line! It's one of those Rachy quirks, like the spongecake thing!

Quote:
Xander was the right age and build. After all, she was a desperate housewife.

LMAO! I dunno hon, I feel a little uncomfortable about your use of such a topical issue :P

Quote:
“Yeah, experience with pushing out babies. Not the kind of experience I’m looking for.” He did up his zip and left the bathroom.

Just, ewww, at the idea of Joyce and Alex/Xander!! Poor Xander needs to learn to keep his pants on and his zip up! Lol!!

Quote:
Joyce grabbed the spatula and held it defensively at Donnie. “Get away from my daughter.”

LOL! The image of a half crazed Joyce approaching Donnie with a paela incrusted spatula just cracks me up! Oh how I wish she'd hit him!

Quote:
Her father’s eyes widened. “So there was a reason you were so interested in the family book of medical symptoms.” He leaned over and hugged his daughter. “I’m so happy. And not just because it’s a good Jewish girl thing to do. I think you’ll be a wonderful doctor.”

Yay! Another mention of that book! Lol!! and the Jewish girl thing! Oh mannnn, lol! So true!

Quote:
“Not bad,” Ira replied. “Just alternative.”

How akin to Tara's "I said quirky!" Yes indeed, alternative is a very suited word!

Quote:
“Besides,” Dawn added, “a guy wouldn’t suit them. Can you imagine either of them being demure wives, serving dinner and asking how his day was?”

*demures and chuckles*

Quote:
John turned to look at Willow. “Actually, your reason was pretty accurate. From what I heard that day, the sparks between you are particularly spectacular in the bedroom.”

LMAO! Oh yeah, that's great! I love John now that he is happier! Tara's parents are wonderful!

Quote:
“Tara,” Willow said. “Could you help me get a drink in the kitchen?”

Uh oh...Dude! They had quite a fight! Poor Willow for finding out that way. It must have hurt her feelings a lot! I am so glad they made up though. I can only imagine the guilt and pain they both felt.

Quote:
“Tara Maclay, get your butt back down here this instant!”

Oh yes, and that was just funny!! Lol!

Quote:
“Did I say that?” The redhead grabbed the pillow away and made her girlfriend look at her. “I said that we shouldn’t ever lie to each other. That is not the same as ‘I don’t deserve you’. Can’t you see that?”

Ah the act of misunderstandings, one we all know so well. *sobs* You make them so real!

Quote:
"And I must say, it’s nice to hear you apologize, it’s usually me.”

:eyebrow I beg your pardon? :P

Quote:
“Tare, how do you feel about the concept of make up sex?”`

LMAO!! I think that is one of my favorite lines! That's so funny! Make up sex is quite a concept hon!

Quote:
Tara tweaked Willow’s nipple playfully.

*falls into a pit of Rachy humor and can't get out*

Ohhh lol!

Quote:
“Miss Maclay, you’ve come to the right place. As it happens, Doctor Willow is in session.”

Dude hon! Great way to play up Willow's new degree :P It looks like she doesn't need that course after all!

Quote:
Willow grinned. “Ah here you are. Miss Maclay, I’d like you to meet my assistant, Mrs Tongue.” She stuck out her tongue to illustrate. “Now today, Mrs Tongue is going to have a little look around, get an idea of what’s going on, and then give her diagnosis.”

LMAO! Oh the Dr Willow and Mrs Tongue thing is fabulous! You are amazing hon! Not many people can blend such sexiness and humor into one scene!

Quote:
“Please, doctor, do whatever you have to. Find a cure for this insatiable wetness!”

LOL! Poor Tara and her problem!

Quote:
“You ask a wise question, my lass,” the redhead responded. “Actually, the old adage ‘practice makes perfect’ is very true. The more you experiment,” she paused to run her fingers through Tara’s pubic hair, “the better you get at it.”

LOL!!!! I love the ‘my lass’ and the pubic hair thing! *smirks* What wonderful use of an age old adage!

Quote:
"Oh.”

Willow wasn’t sure if the ‘oh’ was a response or an involuntary sound, but she liked it. “I’m glad you agree.”

Oh myy! That's funny as! Gotta love those involuntary noises :P

Quote:
“Dude! Sorry, it’s just, I’ve never seen this kind of wetness. Tongue is going to need to spend a while down here.”

Lol!!!! Poor shocked Willow :D I'm sure, with the help of Mrs Tongue, they can get to the bottom of this!

Quote:
Willow rolled her eyes, amused. “I’m going to have to charge over-time for this.”

LMAO! Oh I love it!!

Quote:
“It’s lucky I was in Scouts. They didn’t call me prepared-for-anything-John for nothin’!” He lifted a small portable radio and put it on the table, then flicked the volume onto the loudest possible setting.

Oh John! I'm so glad (have I mentioned this?) that everything worked out well! He and Liz are sooo cute! I love their family! (with the exception of Donnie, cause he's a jerk!)

Quote:
"I just want to see if Joyce prepared a cheese platter.”

and Anya, she's so great! She and Xander share their greatest passion, sex! It's really a match made in heaven (or hell, wherever vengeance demons are 'made'.)

Quote:
Tara smiled and felt a tear trickle from her eye. “No more crying game, Will. It’s finally over.”

Willow held on tightly to her girlfriend, wiping away the tear with her thirsty tongue. "But sweetie, the best part is just beginning.”

*sighs and wipes a tear* Oh hon, I love it! I love every bit of it (as you can see by my quotes, and I actually refrained from quoting some that I'd wanted to.)

I love you! I love this!

Please never stop writing!

I can't wait to read every single thing you produce in the future! You're talented, amazing, funny, sweet and gorgeous and all that comes through in your writing!

A rose for closing night: :flower

A&BF

Rachy

PostPosted: Sun Apr 10, 2005 9:04 pm 
:clap For the author!

Miss Vix, I was going to post a few of my favorite quotes, but your beloved beat me to it. I figure if I do it now it'll look lame next to hers. We all know what a blessing it is to get T22 feedback. :bow

I loved this fic. You gave us a wonderful story, quirky when necessary, but always touching and brilliant. I think we might need to start that other fic even if we never post it, it would be fantastic to put pen to paper with you again.

:moo Cheers! Mega congrats!! I'm sad to see it end but it was fantastic while it lasted.

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 274 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 6, 7, 8, 9, 10  Next