The Kitten, the Witches and the Bad Wardrobe - Willow & Tara Forever

General Chat  || Kitten  || WaV  || Pens  || Mi2  || GMP  || TiE  || FAQ  || Feed - The Kitten, the Witches and the Bad Wardrobe

All times are UTC - 8 hours [ DST ]

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 136 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next
 Post subject: Re: Coffee Moods (short stories)
PostPosted: Mon May 23, 2005 6:24 pm 
4. Extra Flamey

How sweet, Tara and Willow are going to be mommies. I must confess that I never really cared for stories about lesbians with kids, but this board has turned my cold heart around. I am guessing that the 'miracle' would be the baby because how else would these two be having a baby together? I could be wrong and Willow and Tara may just be getting a puppy. But common, is there really something 'miraculous' about getting a puppy? :-D No offense to animal lovers.

Sweet update. Thanks for sharing.

Safuega

PostPosted: Wed May 25, 2005 2:34 am 
4. Extra Flamey

Hey...! Just caught up on the last two parts. Awesome! :D Always looking forward to your updates :applause

(lil_fled now known as sadie)

PostPosted: Thu May 26, 2005 7:21 pm 
14. Lesbo Street Cred

Topics: 1
That obvious was I? Still, let's continue. Replies, then the last part.

Car wrote:
dah-ling

Oooo, watch out, them British accents might be infectious.

Quote:
perhaps we could change "the real ones" to "the paid ones"....does that work for you?

What about "the ones paid to write but didn't do a terribly good job" ? Well, some of them did, but sometimes they didn't. But it's all in the past now, I'm just glad they gave us stories and characters to play with.

Quote:
We usually see Anya as the impossibly forthright ex-demon who just doesn't seem to want to get a grasp on what it means to be human.

True enough. But I think that was overkill, trying to squeeze the joke dry. I think Anya, in choice moments, want to be more human, but at times she reveled in her uniquely non-humanness.

Hey, thanks for the comments, especially about the slipped in snide humor . I do my best .

~~~~~

Irene wrote:
Their family dynamic is captured so wonderfully...hey even Giles is there!

Oh yes, after the terribly events Tara alluded to, I think they will take any opportunity to stay together as a family group, now's the time to take comfort from each other. Thanks for your words of encouragement, sweetie.

~~~~~

justin wrote:
I'm guessing that Willow's hidden the coffee after reading that Cafeine is bad for a pregnant woman.

I was going to say, no not telling. But it's pretty obvious really. Read on, though ...

~~~~~

truck_driving_magic_mama wrote:
I'm like "Tara's pregnant! that's it, for sure!". And like, when the chapter continues, I'm like, woohoo, I rule, I knew about it from the beggining, and all that.

Oh, alright then. You rule ! And you're NOT a nutcase, just ... someone who rules, yeah! Good guess !

~~~~~

cooper wrote:
I wonder where Willow hid the coffee

Or what atrocious deed she's done to it, all will be revealed in a minute.

~~~~~

stillrunning wrote:
I THINK I know what's going on with Willow and Tara...though I don't really see how the missing coffee beans get into it.

Well, part of it does have to do with missing coffee beans , you see why soon ...

~~~~~

VixenyTarasHot wrote:
Wonder what Willow and Tara are hiding from everyone.. I wanna knooooow! And hey.. where IS that coffee.. ?

Ashleigh, welcome to the thread. No worries about fb, it's great that you're enjoying these shorts. And as for what are hiding? Soooooon ...

~~~~~

Safuega wrote:
I am guessing that the 'miracle' would be the baby because how else would these two be having a baby together? I could be wrong and Willow and Tara may just be getting a puppy. But common, is there really something 'miraculous' about getting a puppy?

yeah, a puppy ain't gonna be miraculous enough, read on ...

~~~~~

sadie wrote:
lil_fled now known as sadie

Hi Sweetie! having a good time? Good. Here's the next part ...

~~~~~

Last edited by watty on Sun Jul 15, 2012 8:41 pm, edited 1 time in total.

PostPosted: Thu May 26, 2005 7:24 pm 
14. Lesbo Street Cred

Title: Coffee Moods
Author: watson (hiddenwatson@yahoo.com)
Distribution: please email me first
Rating: PG to NC-17, see individual entries for rating
Disclaimer: BtVS characters, concepts and dialog belong to Mutant Enemy, Fox, The WB, UPN and others. The stories contained here are of a personal nature, non-commercial, not for sale or profit, and may not be sold or reproduced for commercial purposes.
Summary: Thoughts and frivolities in a coffee sort of way.

Coffee Moods #5: Juste Milieu

Summary: Much needed good news for the Scoobies. Anya in excessively good form. Willow honey please don't freak.
Rating: R
Part 3/3

It was a picture of normality. An outside observer would see a father figure, a twenty-something blonde girl with her sister, her brainy best friend and their best guy friend gathered round the dining table, chatting and playing a board game.

Who would have guessed these were the people who saved the world on a regular basis, sometimes at huge costs to their health and their spirits.

Creatures of the underworld seeked out the slayer, her watcher or her ex-Key sister, but my focus was the small redhead who could be the most powerful witch in the world.

"Hey guys, you're back. You want to join the game?" asked Dawn.

"No. I want to know where my coffee machine is and which alternate dimension my coffee beans have disappeared into," I said frostily.

Four pairs of eyes turned to me, full of curiosity and a little shock at the tone. Four pairs, there were five people at the table.

I crossed my arms and waited for an answer that wasn't forthcoming.

"Looks like we're gonna have to switch to tea folks," said Anya helpfully.

"No! Not tea. Brewed tea has as much caffeine as instant coffee, though not as much as dripped. It's still too high," came a sharp protest. Without pausing for breath she continued. "I mean, we all know caffeine's bad for us so we should cut down and what better time than now? To start living healthily?"

I didn't know whether to laugh or cry or tear my hair out. How could someone be so endearing, frustrating and unerringly logical at the same time?

"Will, we just ate a delicious 3-course dinner, in about an hour's time we're going for patrol. Healthy living can wait till tomorrow, cos right now I'd like a nice cup of Tara's coffee," Buffy interjected.

"But, but," Willow spluttered and she sank into her chair like all the air been squeezed out of her. I could never resist that pouty rag doll stance, and I felt my annoyance dissipated.

"Sweetie, last night, the urge to re-organize the kitchen, what torture did you bring onto the coffee machine?" I asked slowly as I pulled a chair up next to hers and threw my arms round her shoulder.

The pout grew bigger. "Not telling."

"What about the beans?" I prodded.

"Threw 'em out," she answered quickly.

"Is it because of, you know?" I whispered.

"Yeah, it's a truth universally acknowledged," she whispered back.

"I thought it's fine in moderation, and you didn't have to chuck it all away, what about you?" I pointed out. I could do without caffeine, but I couldn't imagine her functioning without it.

"Where you go so I."

Meanwhile Anya was recapping our discovery to the others, we tuned into the conversation just in time to hear Anya announce "— proposed to Tara." I felt Willow freeze and almost choke.

Again I felt the intense scrutiny of four pairs of eyes.

"Eeep! Yes! I love you guys! Can I be bridesmaid?" Dawn shrieked and threw a huge hug our way.

"Congratulations! I must admit secretly I knew it was a matter of time before one of you popped the question, this is the best news I've heard all day," Giles beamed.

Buffy just had this big stupid grin on her.

It was Xander who noticed. "Okay, everybody's big on the happiness, except the lovebirds. Anya, did you hear it right? They don't look half as ecstatic as Dawn."

"I took a guess, and Tara didn't say I was wrong," Anya harrumphed.

"Ah my observant one, she didn't say you were right though, did she?" he challenged.

The celebrations stopped and I could cut the anticipation in the air with a knife.

Dawn had stopped skipping and was muttering "please let it be true" under her breath, with the most desperately hopeful expression on her face.

"Will, did you or didn't you?" Buffy asked in a small voice.

For once my babbling redhead was lost for words, but she came up with the same answer I had for Anya. "Um, yes and no."

Anya snorted. "That's exactly the same no-meaning reply I got from Tara!"

Willow tried to elaborate. "It's like this, er, well, you know, I, we — Tara, honey?" she gave up and appealed for my help.

I felt a strange calm, I knew this was the right time at last to tell them. "I'm pregnant."

No pun intended, but a pregnant silence followed before pandemonium erupted and we were enveloped in a warm, big, happy, but crushing group hug.

Then the questioning started.

Giles wanted to know how far along and whether we had seen a gynecologist. Almost 3 months and yes we even consulted with the coven when we found out.

Buffy asked how. We weren't disclosing all the details, it was too personal, but we did tell her it was a spell.

Anya was still obsessing about the proposal. Yes, we were getting married and no, we decided before we found out plus we weren't going to let the baby rush us into it.

Dawn wanted to feel, it felt a little odd at first, but the awestruck expression on her face when she gingerly put her hand on my tummy said it all.

"Will, I bet you've done lots of baby research already," Xander said.

"Not as much as I wanted to, only the basics," Willow answered.

"Yeah, like caffeine is bad, which explains the mysterious disappearance of the coffee paraphernalia," I grumbled. "What else am I not allowed to have Doctor Rosenberg?"

"Coffee flavored everything, tea except green tea, alcohol but you hardly drink anyway, soda and of course certain medicine," she recounted.

"What about coffee ice cream?" I asked with a straight face.

"We'll have to check the caffeine content first," she said seriously.

"What if I have a craving? You know how pregnant women get cravings," I teased.

"Oh you'll crave ice cream, but that's not all," Anya asserted. "Chili, mustard, salt-laden chips, mashed potatoes at odd hours, and of course pickles. I don't know why, but salty and sour foods seem to be popular."

"Aha! I was right about sour food," Willow beamed triumphantly. "See? That's why we need the yogurt maker."

"Okay, I can live with yogurt. But the all those strong flavors ..." I mock-shuddered.

"Not all women suffer cravings, and they go away eventually. Drink lots of water, eat plenty of fruits, nuts and grains and you'll be fine," Anya declared.

"Where did you get all this information from?" Buffy asked Anya.

"I get around, pregnant women hundreds of years ago only had other women to turn to, you pick things up here and there," Anya shrugged.

I could tell Anya wanted to be big knowledge woman on this. She hardly ever got the opportunity to shine, and I was glad she could contribute.

"So what else should I watch out for then?" I asked.

"Your breasts ache, your body smells funny, your blood pressure shoots up, you're nauseous and hungry, exhausted and probably scared. So Willow, be a good husband and give her warm baths and backrubs at least once a day," Anya responded like a trouper.

Even Willow looked impressed. "Warm baths and backrubs, check," she smiled.

"And of course with the hormone explosion you'll start feeling sensual, earthy, even orgasmic. Orgasms are good for you and the baby. You feel great and the baby will experience the euphoric rush, even though it doesn't know what you're doing," she continued.

Uh-oh. May be I shouldn't have encouraged her. Why did everything she talked about circled back to the same topic?

"Anya, that's the most appalling thing you've said all day," Giles rebutted as he returned with tea and chocolate. Thank the goddess for Giles.

"I resent that! Why do people have to pretend pregnancy is all sweet cotton candy? Why dress a pregnant woman in cute fluffy pink clothing? She's had s.e.x., otherwise, duh, where did that bun in the oven come from?" Anya argued.

"Woman's got a point," Xander added.

Privately I liked the idea of dressing in cute fluffy maternity clothes, they felt maternal and safe, but I kept my mouth shut.

"I think maternity clothes are supposed to be supportive and comfortable, kind of giving the mother-to-be a feeling that she's nurturing the child. I don't think a pregnant woman is that keen on projecting a sex bomb image," Buffy chimed in.

For some reason I had an image of a leather-clad Faith with a proudly protruding tummy at Buffy's mention of sex bomb and pregnant in the same sentence. I stifled a giggle.

Anya smirked. "You're implying pregnant women are not interested in sex, boy you're so wrong. Willow, I'm sure that's one of the topics you researched, let's hear it."

"Er, I haven't looked into that area, there're more important things. Other things," Willow huffed.

"Uh-huh, I know you, that's the first thing you looked up. Give it up Rosenberg," I whispered in her ear, it was payback for throwing the coffee stuff.

She stiffened, paled, then blushed 15 shades of pink. I had her.

"It depends on the couple. Sometimes one or both become disinterested, but popular opinion is that it's safe to have sex throughout," she swallowed as she continued. "Actually, there were cases when doctors sent couples home to have sex during a long labor, cos, I can't believe I'm saying this, orgasm can trigger contractions."

"It's fun and it kills time, one can never have too much sex. I've heard about it as a means to move labor along," Anya was at it again.

"Anya you're just an unending source of useless information about sex aren't you," Buffy said dryly.

My hand crept into Willow's and she held it tightly. We had been edgy since we did the spell, and when the test came back positive the tension increased a hundred-fold.

Now looking round our family, it was as if a huge weight had lifted off all our shoulders. The atmosphere was light, the smiles broader and most of all, I felt we regained the spark we briefly lost.

I snuggled under Willow's arms and gave her a light kiss on her neck. "Look how happy everyone is," I smiled.

"I know, but I'm the happiest person here, I have you and now our child," she placed her hand over my tummy, where our baby was growing, and I could feel the warmth. "I love you, my Tara."

"I love you too," I laughed through happy tears.

"You sure you feel okay about the wedding? Not uncomfy cos you'll be an unmarried Mom?" she asked.

"Will, in my heart we're already married, we're just planning a ceremony to celebrate it with our loved ones, I want to take my time planning for it. A girl gets married only once in her life and I want to make it a special occasion," I said.

We sat there in each other's arms, shedding tears of intimate happiness, like two people in love, surrounded by family. I could not ask for a better family for our child.

Willow and I, we were going to be parents. How amazing.

The End

----------

Last edited by watty on Sat May 28, 2005 7:52 pm, edited 1 time in total.

PostPosted: Thu May 26, 2005 7:31 pm 
19. Yummy Face

HA! I'm here first just to see if I can raise Irene's hackles! hee hee

Frivolous Views

PostPosted: Fri May 27, 2005 5:58 am 
6. Sassy Eggs

watson, this was such a sweet addition to your series. seems like a perfect set of willowy reactions to the pregnancy, although if tara is 3months along, why just hide the coffee pot now? still, so easy to imagine tara's combination of frustration and affection at willow's actions. and dude, you don't throw out good coffee, give it away.
"where you go so i" this is the most important thing for me here, as long as willow is willing to make every sacrifice that she thinks tara needs to make, would be hard not to go along. now could i give up caffeine for daily back rubs and baths? hmmm. that is a trade- off at least worth considering.
love useful anya, so easy to see her being completely practical and accurate and still being tmi for the scoobies. ya know, they are a little uptight aren't they? everything anya said is pretty straight out of "what to expect when your expecting", scoobies need to chill a little.
my favorite little moment though, checking the caffiene content on ice cream. normally i'm a pretty big label reader, but that's one thing i've never checked~i'm sure i will now though.
thanx for another delightful tale, watson~mary

PostPosted: Fri May 27, 2005 9:45 am 
5. Willowhand

Yep I knew it. I love when they get pregnant!! It's always so cute and lovey. And Anya...well go her!! A veritable fountain of pregnancy knowledge right there...it's nice to see her get her moment.

PostPosted: Sat May 28, 2005 9:42 pm 
19. Yummy Face

Starting a new reply post rather than editing the previous one so that IRENE will be sure to see this. :-D

Quote:
No life ha, well I'll see what I can do about that...shackles and all...throw in a harness and a blow up doll and we'll make sweet music together.

Okay...now you're just trying to give me more ideas for a Fic Challenge, aren't you? Well, wait for it, Missy...don't start writing that fic yet. I have a few other ideas first. ;)

Quote:
AND CARLEEN MY LOVELY ENCHILADA

Oooohhhh! Do I have a flour or a corn tortilla? I won't even ask about the salsa...cuz we know I'm SPICY!

And now, on to feedback for Miss watson...

I'm rather sad to see this story come to an end. It was just so delightful...so endearing. I love the way you write the interactions between and among the Scoobies. Their conversations with and reactions to one another are just so natural. I'm never pulled out of the story because of awkward dialogue. That's a gift, watson. Beautifully done.

And, again, you really do subtle humor well.

Quote:
I want to know where my coffee machine is and which alternate dimension my coffee beans have disappeared into

That just makes me giggle....and I really don't giggle. I chuckle, I guffaw, but I rarely giggle.

Quote:
"Sweetie, last night, the urge to re-organize the kitchen, what torture did you bring onto the coffee machine?" I asked slowly as I pulled a chair up next to hers and threw my arms round her shoulder.

The pout grew bigger. "Not telling."

How adorable is Willow? I'll tell ya....SO FUCKING ADORABLE!

Quote:
"Where you go so I."

Aaaawwwww! Nuff said.

Quote:
It was Xander who noticed. "Okay, everybody's big on the happiness, except the lovebirds. Anya, did you hear it right? They don't look half as ecstatic as Dawn."

So dead on with that. It's ALWAYS Xander who notices. For such a big goof, he's really incredibly observant.

Quote:
I could tell Anya wanted to be big knowledge woman on this. She hardly ever got the opportunity to shine, and I was glad she could contribute.

Again, dead on. So like Tara -- the other Scooby spouse -- to realize Anya's need to be useful. Such a lovely soul; you show that attribute very nicely.

Quote:
For some reason I had an image of a leather-clad Faith with a proudly protruding tummy at Buffy's mention of sex bomb and pregnant in the same sentence. I stifled a giggle.

Okay....time for a hearty guffaw after having THAT image! :rofl

Quote:
We sat there in each other's arms, shedding tears of intimate happiness, like two people in love, surrounded by family. I could not ask for a better family for our child.

Yes, when all is said and done, when all of the disagreements and squabbles are over, this is what it comes down to -- love and family. And that is what they have in abundance. I wish I had a family like that....I really do.

As always, watson, a WONDERFUL story. I love getting lost in the stories you create. I can't wait for more.

Carleen

Frivolous Views

PostPosted: Mon May 30, 2005 7:24 am 
14. Lesbo Street Cred

watson wishes her stuffy British private girls' school offered Spanish, heehee

-----

Car wrote:
cuz we know I'm SPICY!

And guess what? You TOTALLY gave me a very bad mental image, or is it taste, there. Oh my poor naughty tastebuds !

Irene wrote:
Don't mind Carleen and me, we're just trying to determine if we have any "Common Areas" of interest for fic challenges as I write here by "Lamplight" while "Healing" a nasty cut I recieved when I fell in my sister's pool. See her and I were having "The Amazing Race" of a lifetime in her back yard and I lost. But I'm okay now.

Tries to attract Chris' attention "Pssst Chris, look what you started! It's Quote Your Friendly Neighborhood Authors Day" .

No of course I don't mind my Dynamic Duo-lette and my dahling honeybunny, isn't it so great to have people who you can be crazy with? you both!

Last edited by watty on Sun Jul 15, 2012 8:41 pm, edited 1 time in total.

PostPosted: Wed Jun 01, 2005 3:55 pm 
4. Extra Flamey

I loved this....

Quote:
I didn't know whether to laugh or cry or tear my hair out. How could someone be so endearing, frustrating and unerringly logical at the same time?

...so typical Willow. Gotta love her!

BUT DUDE!!! You can't stop here!! Hello, after the baby comes there will be plenty of Coffee and lots of Moods to boot.

Oh and er, um, ee, um..

Quote:
watson wishes her stuffy British private girls' school offered Spanish, heehee

:thud I so can't help the visual I got when I read that.

PostPosted: Tue Jun 07, 2005 8:40 am 
4. Extra Flamey

Ha, some great lines by Anya, as usual! hehe. And yes, havin' a good time still ;) I've been a bit out of the loop since the board move, I should stop by more often! Hope you're well and :applause also for another perfect update!

PostPosted: Tue Jun 07, 2005 10:58 am 
23. Volumey Text

I really liked the ending to this story.

Hopefully the new :baby will give them something to rally round and will give them new hope. The other alternative is that the hardship of raising a child will make things worse, but that's probably being too cynical and pessimistic.

PostPosted: Wed Jul 27, 2005 9:03 am 
1. Blessed Wannabe

OMG! :bow utterly speechless!!! i just found out about this thread tonight... i was supposed to do something else but once i started reading CM nobody could yank me away from the computer... you are such an amazing writer! i loved how you portrayed everybody... and yes even anya...

needless to say can't wait to read what's in store next for CM

i love your other works too... i'm heading over there now and rereading them while waiting for the next installment...

thanks again for sharing your talent with us...

ces

PostPosted: Wed Jul 27, 2005 9:24 am 
19. Yummy Face

Yo, watty!

Two months and no new CM update? :wtf

Need to take care of that, Missy....you've got fans waiting.

:D

Car

Frivolous Views

PostPosted: Wed Jul 27, 2005 9:30 am 
14. Lesbo Street Cred

The cute, lovable, evil dork otherwise know as GayNow wrote:
Two months and no new CM update?

Hello, fic challenges? A total of five entries for four challenges? That's a hit rate of 1.25 when the nearest contender is wiccanbotanist with 1.00. And White Lady converted from CM to FC4??? That's not enough short stories?

Okay, okay, it's been 2 months. I'll post another one within the next few days. Sheesh, a gal can't focus on writing Kitten Race without insano fans screaming for other stuff.

Last edited by watty on Mon Jul 16, 2012 7:25 am, edited 1 time in total.

PostPosted: Wed Jul 27, 2005 9:35 am 
30. Sweaty and Kinda Gay

As a fellow 'insano fan' club member, I'd just like to take this opportunity to scream for a Lamplight update :glasses

xoxo
Emms :-D

PostPosted: Wed Jul 27, 2005 9:19 pm 
14. Lesbo Street Cred

As has been not so subtly pointed out, it has been 2 months since the last Coffee Moods. Been working on other stuff, you know, not slacking, not at all.

Anyway, I did promise another one. But first, replies, even though y'all will probably not have remembered what you said, teehee.

~~~~~

Car with dibs - which I'll ignore :lol, read below.

~~~~~

mary - always happy to oblige, happy that you're enjoying this series.
Quote:
"where you go so i" this is the most important thing for me here

absolutely! Being parents is a whole new level of responsibility, and I can truly believe Willow was completely prepared to give up caffeine if that's what she thinks is the right thing to do. Hopefully Tara, insightful Tara, will soon realize Willow sans caffeine is not helping her, and she'll make Will take up mochas again. Willow can be a bit extreme (you're right about wasting good coffee), but Tara will mellow her out.
Quote:
the scoobies. ya know, they are a little uptight aren't they?

:lol Giles is often portrayed as the uptight one, though I have suspicions that it's all an act. I think of all the Scoobs, Buffy is the one most in need of loosening up.
Reading labels? I do that, but then I see all the additives and I frown.

~~~~~

stillrunning - when I started reading W/T I was shocked at how many times they are pregnant or have children. Now I'm used to it, and it's a good feeling. As for Anya, I figured she's been around 1,000+ years and mostly around women, how can she not know everything about pregnancy?

~~~~~

Fajita - I'm looking at our replies from 2 months ago, and I can't help laughing. We were such thread hijackers then! :lmao Crazy insano triplets rule!

Quote:
Quote:
"Where you go so I."

And a one, and a two, and a...AWWWWWWW!!!!!!!!!

awww thanks sweetie, that's one of my favorite lines in the whole story, cos it accurately describes Willow's feeling towards Tara (and vice versa).

Quote:
would put chili powder on the Watermelon.

um, well, yeah ok. I have to resist a big ewwwwww, but whatever hangs your goats (or whatever the correct term is :lol) eh?

Quote:
First pregnancies are no fun...*pout*

but the end result is great? You love your daughter don't you (if I remember correctly, Melanie is older right? Shoot me if I still get it wrong, cos that's not acceptable friend behavior). I'm glad I got the sensitive breasts, foot swelling, needing backrubs etc right. I checked out a couple of pregnant mom forums and there's a whole plethora of useful information there! The women really supported each other.

Quote:
Yes in order to get pregnant SEX had to be involved. Thank you for pointing that out!!!

That's always been something that kinda bothered me. It's like every pregnant woman is treated like she had immaculate conception or something. Don't get me wrong, I'm a good Catholic and I have the utmost love for our Mother Mary, but that little piece of acceptance that pregnancy is the most direct outcome of sex, it seems to escape people who make maternity clothes.

Quote:
this might need a continuation, a sequel if you will...Coffee Moods: Is The Baby Here Yet? or Is It Safe to Drink Coffee Again?

:hmm may be. Right now I have too many other ideas for other fics and challenges in my head to properly focus on CM, but I'll keep that in the "ideas" folder. Thanks honey!

~~~~~

Car with real fb - fb novella! :applause thanks to the other half of my brain.

Awww, I'm :blush with pride, it is easier for me to write dialogue, when it comes to me. And, I'm subtle? Huh. Comes from having complicated multiple personalities? I love how you picked out a trait for each Scooby and commented on it, it's like a big family isn't it? Yes Xander is more observant than we ever give him credit for; Faith in leather is guffaw-worthy; Willow is FUCKING adorable; Tara has a lovely soul. See? I know how to use semi-colons too.

Quote:
That just makes me giggle....and I really don't giggle. I chuckle, I guffaw, but I rarely giggle.

Now I want to HEAR those giggles. :lol

Quote:
Quote:
"Where you go so I."

Aaaawwwww! Nuff said.

see reply to Irene *points up*.

~~~~~

T - you and your, um, penchant for uniforms. :lmao
Quote:
You can't stop here!! Hello, after the baby comes there will be plenty of Coffee and lots of Moods to boot.

well what do we have? TWO calls for sequel? Dunno, dude, don't have the idea yet, but you know me, sometimes I get something so totally from left field tumbling into my brain and I just gotta write it. I'll store this away as a potential future CM then, heehee. Thanks, my Sun!

~~~~~

sadie - welcome back! missed ya babe. Thanks for reading, and Anya with the right topic is so much fun to write, even though she never takes the spotlight away from W/T.

~~~~~

justin - the ending is supposed to be on a high note. The baby is the thing that will bring hope and happiness to the Scoobies, cos they need some good news occasionally you know. :) Thanks for stopping by and I know I need to get caught up with Times of Darkness, I promise I will!

~~~~~

cecile - you made it here! :bigwave welcome! And I got first post. Wow. *proud* Thanks for reading and for your comments. It's always a pleasure to welcome new readers to the board, especially (to be selfish) to my stories. Since you so kindly bumped up, and hinted at wanting an update, I'll gladly oblige.

~~~~~

Car with the nudging - that's 3 times I have to reply to you!
Quote:
you've got fans waiting

Heehee, I have an entourage too! :bounce

~~~~~

Emms - well I did PM you :lol hope you're happier now, oh great insano fan club member? You know I'm a loyal member of the Emms fan club too?

~~~~~
[br]

PostPosted: Wed Jul 27, 2005 9:31 pm 
14. Lesbo Street Cred

Title: Coffee Moods
Author: watson (hiddenwatson@yahoo.com)
Distribution: please email me first
Rating: PG to NC-17, see individual entries for rating
Disclaimer: BtVS characters, concepts and dialog belong to Mutant Enemy, Fox, The WB, UPN and others. The stories contained here are of a personal nature, non-commercial, not for sale or profit, and may not be sold or reproduced for commercial purposes.
Summary: Thoughts and frivolities in a coffee sort of way.

Coffee Moods #6: Working Lunch
Summary: Lunch is all business
Rating: NC-17

"Table for Maclay, party for two please."

"Certainly Ms Maclay, welcome. Please follow me."

I followed my hostess and the waiter to a booth at the back of the restaurant, away from the kitchen and the riff-raffs inhabiting the front. The back, and especially this alcoved area, was reserved for customers on expense accounts only. The booth we found ourselves in was horseshoe shaped, with high partition, lush leather coverings and plump cushions in deepest reds.

It was quiet, almost intimate. But not really, because intimacy had no place at a working lunch.

She stepped back and allowed me to slip into the booth first, my black suit almost becoming entangled with the crisp white tablecloth. I flattened my knee-length skirt out and nervously started playing with the silver bracelet on my right wrist. There was a matching silver chain around my neck holding a ruby pendant. Both had been gifts. The ruby was amazing, it was the same color as my hair, I marveled at the thoughfulness of the bringer of that gift.

She unbuttoned her fitted navy jacket so it didn't bunch up around her shoulders, I noticed that she was wearing a low cut gold silk top underneath. The material sparkled and matched her blonde hair perfectly.

"How are you finding your first few weeks with us?" she asked pleasantly as she scanned the menu, when she glanced up I could feel her eyes on the top of my shirt, boring through the gap between the buttons.

"I'm learning a lot," I said. I stretched out to reach for the glass of iced water. There was nothing coy about the action, it was a working lunch.

"Good. I'm glad you're settling in fine. I like fast learners," she said approvingly, her eyes of the deepest blue regarding me seriously.

"I'm honored to have good teachers, they've guided me so I follow the correct procedures," I added, picking up my menu and studying it intently.

"That's why I like hiring fresh graduates, you're like a blank piece of paper, eager to be filled," she remarked. Did you get the package I left you?

"I appreciate the opportunity," I replied sincerely. Yes, thank you.

"Have you decided what you want? The daily special is always good, the chef insists on only the freshest ingredients that he personally bought," she suggested, taking her napkin and twisting the silver napkin ring around distractedly. Are you wearing it?

"That sounds good, and with your endorsement I'm sure I'll enjoy it," I said as I closed the menu and rested my hands neatly on the table. Yes.

The waiter approached discretely and she added a bottle of expensive sounding wine to our order. Bread and a dish of extra virgin olive oil were soon served.

We returned to business.

"I remember when you came for your interview you thought you might be interested in Research & Development, what made you change your mind to join us in Design?" she asked, slipping the napkin ring off and placing the napkin, folded diagonally, on her lap. Are you wearing anything else under your skirt?

"I wanted to open myself more, to work in a more creative environment," I explained, allowing my napkin to rest on my skirt unfolded. No, nothing else.

The waiter brought the wine and poured a little in her glass for tasting. She took her time, swirling the liquid in her glass and studying the color and tears before briefly taking a deep whiff. She let the aroma settle, internally formulating her impression, closing her eyes to savor the bouquet. Only when she was satisfied did she take the glass by the stem and finally tasted the wine.

I watched as her lips closed on the rim of the glass and followed the path of the crimson liquid flowing into her mouth. I blinked and gulped as her tongue rolled out to capture a stray drop that had escaped and was dripping from the outer edges of her lips.

How I ache to run my tongue up your lips and lick the sweet droplets trickling out from your most secret place.

She nodded to the waiter and turned her attention back to me. "In the short time you've been with us, you've made an impression already. Your familiarity with the software and the database you built have caught the eye of a few people, including me," she smiled. You've been a good pet.

"I will only give my best," I re-assured. Thank you Mistress.

She continued. "I run a tough ship, but I also believe in meritocracy. My team has very little hierarchy, everyone has equal opportunity to shine; those who do well, do very well. I don't enforce rules about working hours, attire or behavior, as long as it's not, well, illegal. Corporate freaks out about that, but that's my battle to fight, not yours. I want to nurture creativity, not stifle it under the pretense of company policies," she explained. "Do you see yourself fitting in long term?" Are you ready for more?

"Absolutely. It's motivating, to know that recognition is based on hard work and delivering results rather than sucking up or sleeping with the boss," I replied strongly. I am, I truly am. I want it.

"We're a very tight team, a few of my team members have very close friendships, it helps when we have a deadline and need to work all night," she said as she took off her glasses and placed them on the table, she reached up and pinched the spot between her eyes to relieve the tension. I have a little reward for you.

"A sort of family?" I concluded. I'm ready.

The waiter served our appetizers and our discussion adjourned while we ate. We reached for the bread at the same time and dipped it in the olive oil in synchronization, our respective pieces briefly touching, immersed in the slick oil in the small ceramic dish. How wet are you?

I scooped up some of my cream sauce onto the bread, allowing the excess sauce to run back onto my plate, and bit into the long thin slice slowly. Dripping.

She smiled a small satisfied smile and discretely reached into her jacket pocket. I heard a faint click then the buzz of a small rotor, soon I was feeling the gentle vibrations start between my legs. The vibrations spread deliciously up my center and inside my core. I felt the jelly tail attachment pulse and my hips moved slightly in a rocking movement, allowing it to slowly caress my opening, but not quite entering yet.

Nonchalantly I picked up a strip of asparagus with my fork and sucked the whole piece length-wise into my mouth with a small pop.

She ate her mussels the way the French do, using one empty shell as pincers to ease the meat out of the shell. She dipped the mussel in the garlic and herb sauce, trapping the liquid in the gills before slurping the whole piece into her mouth. She then licked the juices slowly off her fingers.

This is what my tongue will do to your lips afterwards.

"Food good?" she ventured. She rinsed her fingers in the bowl of lemon water that had miraculously appeared at her side.

"Excellent. This is a great place, thank you," I said as I dabbed a corner of my napkin along my lips.

"How do you find the wine?" she added.

I couldn't help it, I reached for the glass as she asked and took a sip. "I'm no wine expert, can't wax lyrical about bouquets and flavors I'm afraid," I smiled as I relaxed a little, a combination of the food, the alcohol and the rhythmic tingle in my cunt. "All I can say is, this wine is easy to drink and tastes good."

"Fancy words are meaningless if they're not backed up by taste and quality," she smiled.

"You're right. Again," I complimented.

Our main course arrived and we picked at it, not really eating, even though it was delicious. As if waiting for the real meal that we knew was happening afterwards.

"It's a lot of pressure, to have to be right all the time," she confided.

"Not if you are, or you know by instinct," I said.

"What are your instincts telling you?" she asked quietly.

"I'm thinking I made the right choice in joining your team," I said. I want you.

"In the long run it's the team that will benefit, in fact, I'd like you to come to a few client meetings with me, and start taking a more active part in the Monday morning meetings," she elaborated. And I, you.

She increased the settings on the butterfly massager and immediately I felt the effect, my clit throbbed and I moved more urgently to take the jelly tail inside me. I was close, but I would not come until she gave permission. I was with my Mistress now, and she owned every part of me, every moan, every flutter, every jolt of pleasure. She dictated when, where and how I would come, because she owned every orgasm I would have, for as long as I was her pet.

In other words, forever.

I grabbed the tablecloth tightly as the vibrations increased and I began to lose control of my senses. I could feel the pressure building and I involuntarily shivered, yet I managed to not let go. I closed my eyes and tried to slow down my breathing.

Her fingers brushed the back of my hand, the light touch igniting unbelievable warmth up my arm and into my whole body, I was trembling now.

She leaned into me and whispered. "In fact, I want you to start now."

She gave my hand a squeeze and held it while I exploded. In order to keep from screaming her name in ecstasy in the middle of a restaurant, I bit my lips so hard until I drew blood, the metallic taste a silent testament to my delirious euphoria. My eyes sought hers and she held my gaze until I came down from my peak. She turned the setting down to a gentle hum that still caused aftershocks of pleasure up my core.

She wiped the droplet of blood off my chin, taking good care of me. Later I knew she would clean my juices from my thighs and sex very thoroughly using her tongue. She would kiss me very hard to stamp her claim on me, and I would get to taste my desire on our lips.

The waiter came by to clean the crumbs off the pristine tablecloth. "Can I get you anything else? Dessert? Coffee?"

"Just coffee, thanks," she said.

"Coffee for me too," I nodded.

She sat back in the booth, visibly relaxing. "I have this presentation I'd like your help on," she started.

"I'm all yours," I said.

The End[br][br]

PostPosted: Wed Jul 27, 2005 11:31 pm 
Ms. Moderator Fantastico
Ms. Moderator Fantastico

Topics: 8
Um . . . (waits for breathing to resume) That was quite . . . WOW :-D Nicely done. I'd write more but I'm a little speechless, breathless . . . excuse me while I go find my girlfriend . . . :-D Great story!

PostPosted: Thu Jul 28, 2005 3:43 am 
4. Extra Flamey

Wee, thanks for another update... this was and

watson wrote:

~~~~~

sadie - welcome back! missed ya babe. Thanks for reading, and Anya with the right topic is so much fun to write, even though she never takes the spotlight away from W/T.

~~~~~

Thank *you* for writing and about Anya, you're right about the spotlight thing.

Last edited by sadie on Mon Jul 16, 2012 7:25 am, edited 1 time in total.

PostPosted: Thu Jul 28, 2005 4:02 am 
32. Kisses and Gay Love

Topics: 7
Hey Watson,
I'm not even sure I'm caught up on all these short stories but I figured, "hey why not? They're short stories." And I'm so glad I did. This was very brief but very intense. I particularly love the sparseness of the sexual/sensual throughout the story. The descriptions of their physical surroundings: the tablecloth, clothes, food are rich and detailed. The sexual bond less so which serves to increase the intensity of that we do get. The bolded mental communcation? for that is what I took it to be is incredibly powerful. Combined with Willow's mental subservience it works wonderfully well. I need to make this short but let me say, this is wonderful and powerful. Well done. Debra

PostPosted: Thu Jul 28, 2005 6:25 am 
9. Gay Now

Well, watson... I assumed this would be a romantic, sweet short story and so I read it at work. Bad idea.

I loved this. The detail of the restaurant and food, which contrasts with the sexuality, is just amazing. I particularly loved the olive oil and the 'dripping'. Very suave. ;)

It was at the point of 'the faint click and buzz' that I started to think I should have read this at home.

Good job.

PostPosted: Thu Jul 28, 2005 7:42 am 
30. Sweaty and Kinda Gay

watson, I couldn't find the drooly-faced smiley....so these will have to do

:hmm :tooth :tumble :read

Oh wow sweetie...that was just....yumm

and...

Quote:
well I did PM you hope you're happier now

Happy as a clam..... :-D

xoxo
Emms

PostPosted: Thu Jul 28, 2005 2:07 pm 
17. Mega-Witches

watson, thank you. I'm having quite a frustrating day at work and reading these last two stories has made me feel:

1. better
2. hungry for mashed potatoes
3. a strong desire for slickly dripping olive oil bread

I love the Coffee Moods series. I drink a lot of coffee, so anything called "Coffee" is off on the right foot with me. And I love your characterizations and how we get inside the heads of the characters and know what they're thinking. Telling the story from the perspective of one character is superb. Loved the one told from Dawn's perspective. Loved them all.

PostPosted: Thu Jul 28, 2005 2:27 pm 
19. Yummy Face

The very adorable Emms wrote:
watson, I couldn't find the drooly-faced smiley

It's an easy one, Emms....

: d r o o l

but loose the spaces.

Car

ETA: HOLY SHIT ON A STICK....I'M A VIXEN

Frivolous Views

Last edited by GayNow on Mon Jul 16, 2012 7:25 am, edited 1 time in total.

PostPosted: Thu Jul 28, 2005 3:34 pm 
7. Teeny Tinkerbell Light

Loved this short...tough to write two simultaneous conversations, the subtexted public one and the inner private one, and have it read smoothly but you did an excellent job. And the hotness...much much hotness. Did I mention the hotness?

~Cyd

PostPosted: Thu Jul 28, 2005 5:49 pm 
3. Flaming O

Ooo I just love this one. There is so so so much going on here both in the spoken conversation and the unspoken one. The image of business woman Tara but also Mistress Tara is so powerful and erotic. I mean it'd be erotic even if she wasn't Mistress but being Mistress, just yum! Wonderfully done.

PostPosted: Fri Jul 29, 2005 6:20 pm 
4. Extra Flamey

Yep, not your general run of the mill coffee moods story but hey, I can handle some lite D/s action.

So, I'm inventing a new phrase for you, it's "tastefully perverted." That's what kept coming to my mind as I read the casual (tasteful) conversation followed by the naughty (perverted) thoughts.

Btw, they have remote controlled vibrators? Where have I been?

Nicely done buddy!

PostPosted: Mon Aug 01, 2005 5:18 am 
6. Sassy Eggs

i don't know watson, i think the next time you're complaining about one of your boring business trips, i'm going to have a harder time believing you.
all of the little details you packed into this really helped build the atmosphere and tension for me, seemed almost like a snapshot. moments like willow's skirt catching on the tablecloth (always happens i think) or the descriptions of not just what they are eating, but how they are eating, very well done. very thorough of you to provide the link, too :)
willow's only worked there a couple of weeks? damn! and i realize, because this is coffee moods, and a business lunch, that they ordered coffee, but really? i'm thinking tequilla shooter and a long glass of water.

PostPosted: Mon Aug 01, 2005 9:40 pm 
4. Extra Flamey

OMG!!! THAT WAS SOOO DIRTY!!! I DID NOT SEE THAT COMING (oh, ewww, bad pun. awful. I'm ashamed.).

:shock :shock :thud

Oh my goodness. The bold!! The bold letters! I did not see that . . . er, HAPPENING! That was just like pure smut. And the remote? With letters. Haha, the bread + cream combined with the dripping. That was saucy there. You saucy minx . . . or are the characters saucy minxes? Eh, I don't know. Minxes the lot of ya!

Soooooooo . . . what's next? :p

(Oooo, it's dancing!) :dance

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 136 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next