The Kitten, the Witches and the Bad Wardrobe - Willow & Tara Forever

General Chat  || Kitten  || WaV  || Pens  || Mi2  || GMP  || TiE  || FAQ  || Feed - The Kitten, the Witches and the Bad Wardrobe

All times are UTC - 8 hours [ DST ]

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 355 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 7, 8, 9, 10, 11, 12  Next
 Post subject: Caught up with the story
PostPosted: Wed Oct 13, 2004 8:56 am 
:wave Okay...so I've just recently caught up with your story and you just got yourself a new fan!!! I adore the way you let the twists dance around in the plot... You keep us readers wanting and begging for more... And surely... You're doing it well......

I love the inter-action between our two favorite girls... Very impressive scenery... Astounding descriptions of happenings...

I'm staying for the final twist... Love it!!!:bow

**Oh and by the way... Caranthia?? Biatch!...Lol... Sorry, I can't keep it from coming out...

**Cail**

To Love is to receive a glimpse of Heaven-- Karen Sunde

Love isn't a decision. It's a feeling. If we could decide who we loved, it would be much simpler...But much less magical... -- Trey Parker and Matt Stone

Post subject: Re: Caught up with the story
PostPosted: Wed Oct 13, 2004 3:50 pm 
Okay, I know I should feel like I have been remiss at my lack of feedback, but on the other hand you did go on some kind of freaky post crazy rampage (of the very good variety ;) ). So let's just say were even :D

First off, you totally handled the kissing scene marvelously. It was very well written and really conveyed the girls' feelings instead of giving a play by play of their lip duel. (Not that I'm against lip - or even tongue - dueling. I'm very much for it actually and strive to practice as much as possible :shock but it was nice to have it visualized this way as well.)

We now have a much better understanding of the deep rooted hatred Caranthia has for Tara, and the real reason for her behavior. (I hate to use the word 'hate', but... well... um...) And the mystery is getting... well, more mysterious. We have some of Caranthia's history, but I'm still pretty much in the dark about what else is going on with the whole tree attacking thing and the other stuff. :clap

-shuyaku

ps: totally feeling your pain re RL and school. Can I just say mid-terms suck? I just did, so I guess I can. I really shouldn't be posting responses on the kitten board when I should be writing my 15-page report on what activities should be outsourced by an up-start company. Ugh! I hate reports! Vent over ;)

Oh God, Willow—you’re giving me the gift of Karen Carpenter. Just when I think I grasp the full extent of your love." - Tara

"Why do birds suddenly appear? It’s because, you are queer…" - Willow (Gods Served and Abandoned by AntigoneUnbound)

PostPosted: Fri Oct 15, 2004 6:33 pm 
:wave Hello. I have absolutely no idea how i missed this fic until now, but let me say... :banana I found it! I read the whole thing this morning when i was... well... supposed to be doing other things. I must say, the part when they first kiss, I was :sob but in a very good way.

Please update soon! I know how crazy things can get in the fall. But this is just too good. :pinky

PostPosted: Tue Oct 26, 2004 7:47 am 
Have been internetless for the last two weeks due to ill health. I'm back now, and pleased I had a few chapters of this fine story to catch up on.

I'm glad Tara seems to be trying to disregard the questions Faith brought up, and instead is just going on instinct. I liked how you described their kiss - so many senses came into play, not just touch and taste. I also thought this line was lovely holding onto each other for life, for love and for their homes that slowly were being built on the souls of each other.

Caranthia's story, while heartbreaking, doesn't make me like her any more. She's an interesting foil to Tara, who, although having had an equally painful past, hasn't let it make her bitter and full of hatred.

Thanks!

Sheacht mh'anam déag do bhéal, do mhalaí's do ghrua

PostPosted: Mon Nov 29, 2004 4:04 pm 
still no update... :(

*waits semi patiently*

"Its not like death is some horrible and terrible thing when you think about it intellectually, ignore me I'm full of sh*t" - Chance

"I like my demons. I consider them close personal friends. We enjoy each other's company immensely." ~Chance

Post subject: Momentary Hello, before back to writing...
PostPosted: Sat Dec 04, 2004 3:46 am 
*stumbles onto thread holding old suitcase with one stray black sock sticking out and ragged hair with nervous smile*

Hello! I've been to hell and back! *points to suitcase with sticker "Hell--it's better than you thought" on it*

I'm sorry! *smacks self repeatedly*

I'm writing! *pulls out two new chapters she's previously been working away at from crap suitcase*

Am going to finish! *points to "EDIT" written at top of chapters*

Won't post til I do! *pulls out knumb-chucks for her protection*

(Cause the update then month long wait ain't fair to you fair kittens.)

And I'm extremely sorry, to the MAX, WTtruelove, because generally try to avoid the sad sad face from kittens.

Again! I am writing, *pulls out typewriter that's older than the suitcase*

sincerely, your faithful-writer, who-had-a-big-block-then-got-a-hammer-to-knock-it-down-then-got-extremely-sick-and-has-been-avoiding-posting-for-fear-of-saddened-kittens-by-her-hand,

elizabeth :spin

p.s. the super long sincerely was/were my excuse(s) by the way, if you hadn't noticed...

You shanked my janga ship!

Post subject: Re: Momentary Hello, before back to writing...
PostPosted: Sat Dec 04, 2004 10:58 am 
Dear Bardgirl,

Sorry to hear about the writing block and the illness :( but glad to hear you're working on new chapters! :clap

Don't worry about us; we'll wait.

blue

Post subject: RE:
PostPosted: Sat Dec 04, 2004 11:29 am 
no we won't!

:) kidding.. get well soon.. hope to read more soon

Post subject: Re: RE:
PostPosted: Sat Dec 04, 2004 1:39 pm 
:bounce :bounce :bounce

dude hurry up and get better! Ive been waiting for ages for something great to be updated and i think we deserve 2 nice and very LONG chapters! I dont know about everyone else, but Ive waited patiently like a good lil kittie! :kitty see see??

So hurry up and get better! And Ill continue to wait patiently!!!!! :gnome :gnome

:pride

-rose

I didnt know what being happy was till i found you, i didnt know what love meant till i loved you.

Post subject: Replies...
PostPosted: Wed Dec 15, 2004 5:19 am 
Dear Kittens, I promised my return (if you're still there, willing to read) and here I am....a month...or..two...later...

*smacks head*

*calls out Railroad-style* All aboard! Come one, come all! For the next TEN days, in celebration of the lovely, lovely, LOVELY time period Willow and Tara spent getting to know one another (albeit forced, at first) in this story, I shall update every night (not sure when, and if RL gets in the way, I'll double post to make up for it ;) ) to have an extreme W/T FANFIC EXTRAVAGANZA! Because....well, I don't know about you but I'M desperate for something to keep me occupied while I wait for Neverland to update.

Also...keep my mind off of nasty finals...one word:

Bleh.

Replies!!

WickedReds--

Thankyou, although, looking back on the kiss scene, I know I can do better now. And yeees, Caranthia has major revenge issues. Major. And I know! I go through update spurts, like some sort of crappy fanfic fountain...and now that my plumbing's been fixed I can give you the last and largest update spree ever to hit this thread.

LunaMuses--

It's funny you speak of midterms when now I speak of finals...funny how time and a missing writer will do that to yah'. I hope you like the giant climax that's coming your way...cause...well, it's not just one. It's...more along the lines of ohmygodthat'salot. Enjoy!

Kajun--

They did meet ten days ago...but the ceremony at that point in time had been around 5-6 days strong. Heh...you've got Caranthia's character pinned. And thankyou for the Ranthia-twist comment, I really wanted to *cackles maniacly* trick some kittens. But, in reality, that usually involves me using catnip and a fluffy feather. And heh, as much as I love afore mentioned fic, I do not mean to wrench any hearts. Okay, that's a lie. But whatever, I can do that. And i'm sorry to continue the momentum of fic *now* and not *then.* Hope you enjoy!

tarawhipped--

Good advice. Only, I'm doing the no-sleep thing again, all for the love of finishing this story! Ah! I finally know what happens in the end! Yay! Not that...I didn't before...And I give you Tara as your jailor willingly, as long as I get Willow as my personal study-budy for all future math classes. Heh....right then, I'm glad that I'll be the connector of the dots, seeing as I have already...I do believe when I asked you your opinion I was high on caffeine of the time, so I apologize if I was like "hypermustknowwhatreaderthinksishappeningnow!" Because I was. No lie. And the 'big day'....one update? Um...try ten? Enjoy!

Shy One--

HallO! S'okay, I haven't updated in forever--we're even, or possibly negative because of my longer lack of posts. Thankyou! Yes, Caranthia has the rotten luck of having the actual blame for her mother's death. Although, she hasn't been so willing to accept that...I hope you enjoy the updates!

Artemis--

Showdown we are in. Yessiree bob. Hope you stick around to be there when it all goes down! Lol, that was my favorite line from that chapter too. Hee. I love Willow. That should be a T-shirt! I Heart Willowtree.

I'll be right back with that update and also with that T-shirt, yes indeed.

UnveilTheSoulbound--

YOU just recently caught up? Damn. Then that means I'm late...*sigh*...again...Yay! I have a new fan! I like you! It's nice to meet you, Cail! And wow. *reads amazing amount of compliments* I REALLY like you! heh...Caranthia..she's just...she's just...*so* Caranthia, you know? Hmm...s'okay, I couldn't keep myself from coming out either, so s'okay. *snicker*

shuyaku--

We're even. But can I be Odd? Thankyee, I was OH-so freaked out about a kiss scene, seeing as I'm the worst person to explain what a kiss is like. I can only speculate, alas. *snicker* You Hate the word Hate? I do believe, Shuyaku, you have just undone yourself. Well, the mystery shall be revealed within the next week or so! I promise! Hope that report of yours went alright, seeing as you probably have a new one now. *shudder* college papers...all I can ask is why? Why? *whimper*

watersong84--

Hallo! It's oh so nice to meetcha! And I'm glad you like my story enough to say "hi" to me and my fic! Heh...I'm glad my fic managed to distract someone for a whole morning. That means I'm doing something right if it takes a priority in a kitten-morning. Oh, I'm sorry to have made you cry! No tears! Happy tears! Happy! *grabs box o' tissues* here, take this, you're might need it later on...

mollyig--

internetless? There...is such a world? *shudder* I'm glad you enjoyed the last chapter, and I hope you'll like the next one(s). Thankyou! That line was also one of my more "aww..." moments that I wanted to also be "Oooo" at the same time. I hope it passed that test. Heh, what you don't like Caranthia now that I've explained her violent tendencies and hatred for Tara? Shame. I was going to set you two up on a date. Besides the whole "death obsession" thing she's got a great personality, really.

WTtruelove--

*walks over to WT and whispers*

It's here...

babyblue--

Hallo Blue! Nice to meetcha, and yes, but I'm all better now! RL has that way of being so...I don't know...real I guess...And I'm glad you're so patient with me.

It's nice to know you're waiting like the good little kittens I know you to be.

eirnlove--

Then again, I could be misreading the whole "good little kitten" thing.

Hmm. For that, missy, I give thee: update.

Spikeizmine87--

Well, patience costs nothing! *snicker* Hmm...ages, eh? Well, so have I! Don't blame me! Blame my muse! She caught a cold and then ran off with my best friend who's now working on a new contraption that keeps time, makes pancakes and washes dishes all in one compact wrist braclet, at the same time! You deserve 2 updates, eh? Hmm...Sorry, no can do. It'll have to be ten, in day sequence. Your patience, rose is starting to look like slight hair pulling there...just saying.

Update to follow...three seconds and counting...1...2...

Post subject: Courage.
PostPosted: Wed Dec 15, 2004 5:20 am 
Chapter 21

The largest of the trees stood in the far distance, rising above the jungle’s roof. But before the jungle’s borders lay something new to the ground since last the land had been visited.

Day broke over a circle, forty feet in diameter of light-brown dirt over the usually black ground, laid out the night before by a few of the youngest of the tribe. A row of leaves circumnavigated it, as usual. It was rather beautiful, shimmering in the sun’s shine as it descended elegantly through the horizon above the jungle’s trees. And yet, the Calethia could not be taken lightly—it was easily the last thing many women had seen, their blood soaking through and staining the lighter earth, once lovingly placed on the ground.

-------------------

A sword glinted in the sunlight for the last time as the brunette made her way, roughly out of the small hut she called home. So many years ago, she had felt this same urgency, running out of the small room, to protect and save what she desperately had clung to for comfort and love. Her world had been threatened for the last time. This time, it would not be taken from her. She would hide it, for now, it would be kept from their eyes.

She would kill if she had to…if it came to that.

Walking out to the Calthia, she looked down appreciatively at the light dirt before her feet. This would be easy. There was no way to escape the pressure to fight, no one to run to now.

No more escaping, Tar’.

She raised her hands in signal to usher forward the line of five girls holding a hand crafted skin drum each.

No more wretched hiding.

Calling out to the last drummer girl, “Go send for the capture—let Thea know the ceremony will begin soon,” the young girl turned to go when was pulled back on the arm again, “Where is the executioner?”

The girl pointed to the woman walking with a long axe in the opposite direction.

Your true colors will be shown today.

She smiled at the axe swaying in the woman’s hand, glinting.

Whether you want to, or not.

-----------------

Red hair cascaded over her eyes, scratching on her eyelashes lightly. The sun was slowly disappearing past the hole in the canvas wall. She had been sleeping; taking a nap, as Tara had told her to. If anything, she needed her rest for tonight. And courage.

She needed courage more than anything now.

Shouts could be heard outside of her hut, and she recognized the lovely voices of the same women who wanted her dead.

The curtain pulled back and she quickly pulled her helmet over her eyes.

Courage, courage, courage…

-----------------

Two figures stood outside of their friend’s cell. Waiting, knowing time was slipping away. Waiting for a sign, a warning, an omen—anything. A word from her would at least calm their nerves. Never in the history of this small tribe, had there been any sign of insurrection, or a critique of beloved tradition. And yet, here they were, waiting for their life-long friend to lead them against well over two hundred, well-trained, Amazonian women and their beliefs. All for the rights of one mistaken girl taken prisoner, they were willing to help their friend, possibly fight to protect their old friend.

But it was their home they were going to raise a hand to, possibly more dangerous than an average opponent. For home knows you, understands your weaknesses better than any other foe—and most of all, it knows where it hurts the most.

“All over a nice piece of ass…” the brunette mumbled, fidgeting with her armor.

The blonde one smirked slightly, looking at her companion. The brunette looked up then, catching the comforting expression.

“Scared?”

“No…” she picked her eyes up defensively, then added softly, “…you?”

“No.”

Silence came over them as they waited, again.

“…maybe a little,” The blonde spoke up.

“Me too.”

The small comforting smile was returned then, as silence enfolded them again.

tbc...and soon! (like tomorrow..*sees it's 3am*..er...later..tonight) *bounces up and down happily*

dum dee dum dum

-elizabeth :spin

Post subject: Re: Courage.
PostPosted: Wed Dec 15, 2004 8:55 am 
:geek Oh my! The time's going out.

Will they fight?Really?To dead? Oh my, oh my!

Can't wait to read more...today, later, but today...:( The day pass so slowly now... :P

PostPosted: Wed Dec 15, 2004 10:58 am 
OMG!!! AN UPDATE!!! :thud

Fight time oooo... hehe i like a good fight...lets just hope they dont get killed...

-reds:willow

Mein Banane tanzt für Schmutz :banana

Smutbunny Anthem: *sung to tune from Goldfinger* Smutbunnies...they'e the bunnies, the bunnies that love the smut...and Willow's butt. They surf for smut fiction...always lookin' for the next naked sweaty fix...of Tara's tits.- Written By Cameron(tarawhipped) For Us Smut Bunnies

PostPosted: Wed Dec 15, 2004 3:24 pm 
:eatme :bounce :bounce

YES AN UPDATE! Its been too long and did i hear 10 updates??? WEE!!! Ok short update! "evil glare" :mad Yes like that!! But its fighting time! YAY!!

-rose

I didnt know what being happy was till i found you, i didnt know what love meant till i loved you.

PostPosted: Wed Dec 15, 2004 6:02 pm 
yay! update! :applause

cant wait for the next one...which WILL be soon, :D

*waits

:bounce :bounce        

"I think when I cease to go to the bathroom then I can call myself famous. Or Clogged." ~Amber Benson~

PostPosted: Wed Dec 15, 2004 9:04 pm 
Elizabeth, back with a vengeance! I can hear the beat of the drums starting, and the chanting, and the air is thick with imminent...something or other. Cause you know this was just the biggest tease in the world, not only posting your little 'here's everbody getting ready for the smackdown,' but then telling us that you have ten chapters all ready to go...:punish

If I wasn't so darn happy, I'd be tracking you down and having my way with your hard drive. Seriously...you shouldn't tease people who have patience issues.:miff

:p -Cameron

What should I be but just what I am? - Edna St.Vincent Millay

Edited by: tarawhipped at: 12/15/04 8:04 pm

Post subject: Replies...
PostPosted: Wed Dec 15, 2004 10:49 pm 
Viximon--

*whispers in low alto*

Duh, duh duh....

Enjoy!

WickedReds--

Hee. Cool. I got a Thud. Fight time, indeed. But....well, you know me...I go along with the whole "gang aft aglay..." Mice and Men thing...

Spikeizmine87--

Yes, ten. Indeed. Short? Pfft...you should see the story I read today that consisted of two paragraphs. And it wasn't even a short story. And heeey, if you glare, you don't get my lovely replies. I feel shunned and unliked! *runs away crying*

WTtruelove--

Heh, cool, here you go...nice bouncing. Oh, and um...where did you get your sig? I like that Amber Benson so...but for some reason this is the second time she speaks of not going to the bathroom due to her career...I now fear acting.

tarawhipped--

Cameron! I am back, but not in the scary-Terminator way. Heh....the air IS thick, but that could just be my lacking skill with a microwave and non-microwaveable pasta. Heh...I do NOT tease. I merely plant seeds of discord. And I'm sorry that you're impatient, but I am here with said update. Yay?

Dum dee dum dum....update in 1....2...

Post subject: Strong Like?
PostPosted: Wed Dec 15, 2004 10:51 pm 
Chapter 22

Willow’s arms were tied behind her back, as she kept her head bowed, covered by the helmet—she put it on earlier—and her short curly hair, again, by the advice of Tara. She was roughly led through the tribe; the curses and mumbles she heard as she past each hut did not go unrecognized. Apparently, the rest of the tribe’s residents had been notified of her arrival ten days previously.

One large wad of mucus landed on her shoe.

How sweet, they remember me.

But she didn’t say anything.

Tara said it’s best to keep quiet—not spitting from me, no sirree…I’m to be a good quiet, girl. Yes, very quiet, exceedingly quiet…until the right moment…if the right moment ever comes…it will come right? Because I am in no way liking the possibility of no moment at all, else this momentum has no moment and that means we’re heading into anti-climatic-world which is never fun, especially when you’re reading your favorite novel and suddenly out of nowhere Raskolnikov has a change of heart and goes biblical on you and…wait, what am I thinking about…?

Soon she felt herself being shoved to the side of a large rink filled with dirt, a lighter shade than the surrounding dirt she had been walking on. Two sets of hands pushed her shoulders down forcefully, causing the redhead to take a kneeling position on the soft earth.

Keep your eyes down, keep your eyes down. Don’t argue and Don’t. Look. Up.

But the image of Tara walking onto the scene with the rest of the now-audio tribe snuck into Willow’s mind unbidden. Her head almost shot up had it not been for an immediate recovery reaction of her brain shouting at her to stop her chin mid-lift.

This is going to be hard.

Several moments passed…it seemed like an eternity waiting for something new than the torture of possibly seeing Tara.

But she could be strong.

Strong like an amazon.

-------------------

A low thump, ba-thump, thump, ba-thump sounded as Willow could hear feet, many more pairs of bare feet walking towards the rink, towards her. Voices could be heard, she felt the beat increase in volume and more women were coming, bubbling with laughter, giggles, whispers, shouts, jovial cheers. Yet she dared not look up, knowing it was best to keep inconspicuous—and quiet.

No need to rush death.

A soft breeze caressed her cheeks as it delicately ran over the ground.

-------------------

Thump bathump...

“How much longer do we have until it’s show-time?” The two guards were aimlessly wandering as Tar’airah was dressing—it was tradition to use the ceremonial war armor for the final fight that ended the Sacrament.

Thump bathump...

“Tara said soon, but if she doesn’t hurry it up I’m going to pick her up myself, armor or no and drag her there. She can wrestler with her girl in the dirt naked for all I care.“ Fa’aithlia thought about the image her words inferred for a second and then suddenly tacked on, “Hey, actually, I would care about that!” She mocked-running back to Tar’airah’s hut—and would’ve—had it not been for a quick hand on her elbow stopping her.

Thump bathump...

“Fa’aith, I think you should learn to keep your mouth shut until the things inside your head form credible—not crude—sentences.”

“Hey! I’m only saying that a lot of women would pay to see that. Wouldn’t you?”

Buf’aneah thwacked the arm of her friend, “Are you trying to tell me you want to see Tar’ naked in the mud, wrestling? What a perverted, sick, stupid—”

Thump bathump...

“It wouldn’t be the first time,” Fa’aith reiterated under her breath, but at the immediate sharp look she received from Buf’, stuttered, “Childhood pastime, remember? Summer nights? You were there too! Don’t try to deny it!”

“Oh never mind” Buf’aneah waved her hand flippantly, “Forget it.”

Thump bathump...

“Aw, Buf’ com’ on, what have I done to piss you off now?”

Thump bathump.

“It’s nothing,” Came the firm reply, yet her expression said otherwise. Sometimes she can be so thick. But something else, faint, at first, caught the girl’s attention besides the clueless look she was receiving from Fa’aithlia.

Thump BAthump.

“Hey, Buf’, seriously, what’s—“

“Hey, hold on, listen…”

“What?” The brunette stopped walking, waiting for whatever it was her companion heard, turning her head around. After a few moments of silence, she became restless “Listen…? Listen to wha—“

Buf’aneah clamped her hands down over the girl’s mouth, “Shh…”

Thump BAthump…

“The drums…”

Thump BATHUMP…

Fa’aithlia stayed quiet as she slowly heard the deep beats drift across the grass with the soft breeze.

Thump BATHUMP...

“They’re…they’re playing the sacrificial drums!”

“What?! Why would they be doing that?”

“I don’t know, but I don’t like the sound of it…Tar’…we need to get Tar! We have to get her, she doesn’t know!” Buf’aneah’s voice faded as the two scrambled away.

The sound however, stayed, and slowly….every so slowly, rose above each octave.

-----------------------

She rose as the sun went down; her blonde hair and back let the few drops of light scatter delicately from the cutout window of her cell until she had moved off her bed completely. Dressing slowly, she heard the voices of her two friends outside. She methodically placed her grieves and leather bodice that belonged on every limb of her body. After several moments, wondering when was the last time she had walked free of war clothing, she pulled apart the skin curtain and stepped out onto the soft earth.

It was time.

She walked forward onto the soft earth, wondering quietly where Fa’aithlia and Buf’aneah had gone.

Never able to keep still…

She chuckled at her childhood friends’ inane restlessness and decided she could walk to the ceremony by herself.

They’ll catch up…

She took a step forward onto the soft grass.

Eventually…

Another step and soon her body was in a rhythmic motion towards her final destination.

That is if they don’t see something shiny…

She chuckled again as she walked towards the Calethia, it was a trek even within the boundaries of the tribe—but she could manage.

TBC....

Can I draw this out or what? Oh shush. No whinning. Update tomorrow!

Post subject: Re: Strong Like?
PostPosted: Wed Dec 15, 2004 11:27 pm 
:gnome

You are offically dubbed EVIL!!! Drawing things out like that! "grumbles" Dont worry still love ya! :p Well I hope you update more soonish so I can have something to look foward to tomorrow!!! PLEASE! :D

-rose

PostPosted: Wed Dec 15, 2004 11:46 pm 
Sacrificial drums? That's no good - they're going to sacrifice Willow? As in, without Tara there, and thus negating whatever plan she and Willow have come up with? Somehow this is all Caranthia's fault, I'm sure.

Great news about the frequent updates - so frequent I missed giving feedback on the first one :buried (like that smiley, except not pissed off to see the updates piling up). I really liked that update by the way, there was a great sense of calm-before-storm, of everything just placidly getting ready to go all chaotic.

So now I'll just sit back and wait for the next one, and hope everyone gets out alive and in one piece :pray

Chris Cook

Through the Looking-glass

A Willow and Tara for every world.

PostPosted: Thu Dec 16, 2004 6:39 pm 
i hate suspense!

but ill wait some more...

i forgot where i got my quote, i think it was off some british buffy site.

"I think when I cease to go to the bathroom then I can call myself famous. Or Clogged." ~Amber Benson~

Post subject: There she goes...
PostPosted: Thu Dec 16, 2004 11:16 pm 
Spikeizmine87--

Thanks. I like the title. How sweet you are, rose. And here's the update!

Artemis--

Dum dee dum dum...hmm...it seems Caranthia's got something ELSE a-brewing in her crazy crazy mind. Heh. And yes, I'm pretty sure Caranthia can be blamed for just about everything that goes wrong...except for bug bites. We can't blame her for those.

Heh...well, I'm glad you're reading still and you're okay with my new plan of action which goes along the lines of "wriiiiiitingUPDATES! Hm...well then, I hope you enjoyed the calm, it's abooout to get a leelte less calm.

WTtruelove--

You hate suspense? Hmm...then I suggest you do not read any more updates. That is my prescription, which you can or not follow.

Chapter 23

“I don’t get it, why are we racing after her?” The brunette breathed out heavily, jogging next to the now speeding blonde; they could see Tar’airah’s hut in the distance.

“Because, you moron, if the drums are playing that means there will be a sacrifice, and chances are it’s not the local hartebeest.”

“But why?! They’re supposed to fight each other to death. What’s the point of the ritual if Tar’s fighting buddy won’t even have a head to fight with?!”

“It’s not during the fight that she’ll be headless—I have a bad feeling it’s just in case if Tar’ looses…which Caranthia knows wouldn’t happen…” Buf’aneah’s breathing had caught up with her as she was huffing out each word. She slowed her pace, as she came up to the hut with the brunette following shortly behind.

“Then why the drums? Why the sacrificial stuff?” Fa’aithlia had come up behind.

“I…I don’t know…” Buf’aneah reached up to the curtain, “we’ll ask Tar’ what she….” Seeing the empty space before her Buf’aneah’s hand clenched on the animal skin it gripped, “thinks…”

“Shit. Where’d she go?”

“To the ritual…like a good little amazon…”

“Well, what do we do now?”

“Run, try to catch her before she does anything.”

“More running?” The brunette asked exasperated. She may be an amazon, trained to fight and kill at immense strength and speed, but she was also lazy.

“More running,” Buf’aneah sighed.

“Why should we? I mean, really, at this point the plan is that Tar’ points out Red’s a girl, and can’t fight an innocent woman, right?”

“Yea…” Buf’ nodded in agreement, not sure where Fa’aith was going with this.

“Well, that means it doesn’t matter if Caranthia is going to try to sacrifice her or no—Tar’ will stop the fight from even happening.”

“I don’t think it’s a matter of going by the rules any more. Caranthia…I get the feeling she’ll try to get her killed anyway—“

“But Thea wouldn’t allow the death of an innocent!”

“Is she?”

“What?”

“Innocent. Caranthia said ‘he’ attacked her or insulted her before—knowing Caranthia, she’ll want the girl offed.”

“She wouldn’t do it just because of that…”

“No, not if Tar’ fights her to the death.”

“Which she won’t…”

“And won’t know not to…”

Silence sunk in. Their breathing had slowed down enough to hear the breeze touch on the blades of grass below.

“Shit,” Fa’aithlia uttered below her breath again. The realization of Caranthia’s thoughtfulness to Tar’s possible lack-there-of enthusiasm for the ritual caught the two girls off guard.

“What now?”

“We run.”

-----------------

“Where is Thea?” Caranthia asked the drummer girl she had sent previously. Night was coming on soon, and the torches had already been lit surrounding the large circle rink.

“She said she had some business to take care of, but to carry on with the ceremony.”

“Very well then,” Caranthia sighed inwardly.

She may miss my moment of glory, but she will remember this day, even if it’s through story and legend.

She stood before the crowd slightly stepping onto the Calethia for all those that circled to see.

“Sisters, the day has come for one of…ours…to come forward and prove…herself.”

Tar’airah came up to the grassy area just before the large crowd forming, and could hear Caranthia’s hopeless voice trying to sound somewhat happy for her. Must be eating her up not to curse my name right now.

“Well as we all know, this is a time-honored tradition that every uprising warrior here knows she shall participate in. It is a beautiful, important part in every one of our lives. For without the proper…preparation for real-life battles, there can be no survival…”

Tar’airah stood amazed at how, even after everything else this woman put her through, she could manage to dislike her more. Picking up the latter end of Caranthia’s rant Tar’airah let her, “…Some of you may have been wondering why the drums were playing…well…”

Drums? What drums?

Tar’ walked up to the outside of the crowd and then saw the fully-adorned in armor and war-paint, drum line standing still.

Oh…those drums.

For the moment they had ceased play, to allow Caranthia to speak, no doubt.

“…If it seems she might fall in battle…” Caranthia allowed herself a gratuitous chuckle, which awarded her a few understanding snickers from the crowd, “If such a thing is to happen, though, in the fight, we shall all rejoice and celebrate her glorious death through the sacrifice of this…” Caranthia grabbed Willow by the scruff of the neck who promptly did nothing to stop her, “wretch,” she spat.

----------------

Buf’aneah and Fa’aithlia raced forward through the brush, past hut after hut and could see the Calethia in the distance. Upon hearing the drums silenced, they sped down to the visible group of women.

“Where’s…Tar’…?” Came the breathy question from Fa’aith.

“I don’t know, quick, Caranthia’s still speaking, that means we have time to find Tar’airah or the redhead before the ceremony begins,” Buf’aneah sprinted off in the direction facing opposite of Caranthia.

“More...running…?” Yet as she asked the exasperated question she ran, hearing a few snickers from around the crowd. Apparently, Caranthia had said something funny.

Probably along the lines of “I’m an intelligent being—No, really. I am.”

But even as they approached the circle’s border, seeing Caranthia in plain view across the arena, Fa’aith’s smirk faded. She saw the redhead that her friend adored grabbed by the scruff and held up for the rest of the tribe to laugh at.

“Buf’…” Fa’aith tugged on the blonde’s arm.

“What?”

“I think I found one.”

Buf’aneah looked up, shock shooting into her eyes.

If Tar’ were here, she’d go berserk.

-----------------

Tar’airah stood motionless, her mind screaming at her to do something, anything that involved some sort of physical harm towards Caranthia.

But all that came was a demand on repeat.

Get your hands off her. Get your hands OFF her. Get your slimy, disgusting, unearthly hands OFF of her.

----------------

“Caranthia…” came an eerily calm voice.

The brunette lowered her gaze, her smile slowly fading with the voice from the crowd as it separated for the disturbance to walk by.

“I don’t think that sacrifice will be necessary…”

---------------

“Okay, don’t panic, there is no point in panicking, Caranthia isn’t hurting the girl…much. All we need is time to find Tar’ and everything will be alright, we’ll stall somehow, or maybe we’ll just run the girl out of the tribe…”

“Hey, Buf’…”

“…then you and I will have to live on our own, but we can survive in the jungle for at least four weeks after all the training we’ve gone through, but we’ll have to make sure the tribe doesn’t track us until we get the other one, that is if she knows where to look for us…”

“Buf’…”

“What Fa’aith?!”

“I think I found the other one.”

“Really?! Where?”

Fa’aith pointed directly ahead to the now three figures standing, well, actually, one was more or less being held by the neck by the other.

“Right there.”

TBC....

*cackling as we speak*....*cackle*....

--elizabeth :spin

Post subject: Re:there she goes
PostPosted: Fri Dec 17, 2004 1:11 am 
Oh no! I miss a update. Well no problem, I read two at once. Cool :laugh

Wonderful work :bow

Poor Faith and Buf, they must be really tired seeing how them pass the two chapters running around :lol

Those drumbs and the sacrifice stuff:sheep you got me :thud . I almost wish Tara go berserk like Buf thought and kick to a pump Caranthia.

How dare she to touch so irespectfully Willow in front of Tar? :rage

GO GO TARA. Hit her HARD

But the amazon being the caring loving quiet woman she is, restrined herself. :aww

Quote:
Get your hands off her. Get your hands OFF her. Get your slimy, disgusting, unearthly hands OFF of her.

That though was so cute. Protective Tara is sweet...not to who is hurting Willow in any way though :p

Continue soon ,please. I can't wait to read what happen next

Post subject: Re: Re:there she goes
PostPosted: Fri Dec 17, 2004 8:09 am 
If I was Caranthia, I'd be taking note of routes of escape around now :paranoid Again, nice build-up - I'm on the edge of my seat.

Chris Cook

Through the Looking-glass

A Willow and Tara for every world.

Post subject: Re: There she goes...
PostPosted: Fri Dec 17, 2004 11:19 am 
Dammit i missed one... Ok im taking it the drums are not good.. and that buffy is in love with faith... hehe...

Buffy freaking out at the end was funny... oooOOOoo show down between Caranthia and Tara.... Chick Fight!!!

-reds:willow

Mein Banane tanzt für Schmutz :banana

Smutbunny Anthem: *sung to tune from Goldfinger* Smutbunnies...they'e the bunnies, the bunnies that love the smut...and Willow's butt. They surf for smut fiction...always lookin' for the next naked sweaty fix...of Tara's tits.- Written By Cameron(tarawhipped) For Us Smut Bunnies

PostPosted: Fri Dec 17, 2004 4:58 pm 
:bounce :bounce

Another update! Oh you are making me oh so happy! :D "dances around" Chick fight! YES!!!!

-rose

PostPosted: Fri Dec 17, 2004 5:13 pm 
*runs in* *reads* *huge grin* ..i know im a bit late in coming but i read the whole fic and i am soo loving it! great job :D :bow :bow :bow :bow :bow :bow :bow :bow

Not quite broken but i'd still like to be fixed

~Me

PostPosted: Fri Dec 17, 2004 5:54 pm 
*jumps up and down, clapping gleefully and grinning like a madwoman*

Tara's gonna kick some ASS!!!!! :bounce I hope Chris is wrong and all escape routes are closed to Canthia, cause she needs a serious smackdown.

Go Elizabeth!

-Cam

What should I be but just what I am? - Edna St.Vincent Millay

Post subject: thanks
PostPosted: Fri Dec 17, 2004 7:05 pm 
Just wanted to add my thanks for this terrific story. Really very enjoyable indeed....and how on Earth will they get out of THIS one!?

Post subject: So, what did I miss?
PostPosted: Fri Dec 17, 2004 10:50 pm 
Viximon--

You miss an update, you get an update. That's my punishment for criminals like you. Heh...thankyou, and yes, Faith and Buf...I love making them bicker. It's like a new pastime...like collecting baseball cards and such..ah..good times. Oh dear, you brought the sheep out on me. I hope all goes well then with this update. I want Tara to go berserk too, trust me, I do. Yeah...that's my feeling exactly...Hee. I LOVE protective amazonian Tara. That should also be a shirt, besides I Love Willow. I Heart Amazon-sillouette.

Hee. I'll make a million!

Artemis--

Oh, no, don't fear for Caranthia. She's a big girl, can handle herself. And if not....well...she had it coming is all I have to say. Whu-oh, edge of seat? *puts pillow down below chair* sorry, but you won't be out of that edge for a bit now and I don't want to be sued for some one falling.

WickedReds--

Again, I say, if you miss an update your punishment is to get another. And oo...you see something between Faith and Buffy? What a great idea for slash fanfic everywhere! Why do I get the feeling that a "Chick Fight"

is coming our way, but not between the two you'd expect, at least, not immediately...course that's in the next update and I should stop revealing things cause that never ends in hugs and puppies from readers *smacks self*...

Spikeizmine87--

Heh...cool! I make rose happy. That's a good life, I can live with that.

Miss Evanescent--

Whoah...that's...that's a lot of bows. Can you just...keep doing that? *likes the image of a beautiful voman bowing before her*...yea...just..keep doing...that...

tarawhipped--

Heh...yes, yes she IS going to kick some ass. But again, I must say not with the person you'd expect and not quite yet...and DAMN, i revealed stuff again! I have no will power, it's sad. I'll be sure to block off all exits with chocolate, that way, we can ensure possible stalling.

thanks for reading!

ukxenafan--

You know, just a guess from your sn, you like amazons. And I'm going to go on a stretch and say you like Xena too. Just a wild, crazy guess, I know, but I'm UBER glad I knabbed me a Xena fan, if I did. Sometimes I'm worried I'll make some mistake in Amazon culture and/or dress well....that'd be a pity. Hee...and well, the ways of which this babes get out of the sticky mess they're in...that I'll leave for you to read in the next 7 (including this one) updates. Enjoy!

Chapter 24

So, what did I miss?

“Tar’airah…so nice of you to join us,” Caranthia swallowed her smile and plastered a smirk on in its stead, “what, pray tell, kept you?”

Caranthia just got caught gloating by Tar’airah and now they’re having a comeback death match.

“I lost my guards. Had to escort myself.”

“Ah, well isn’t that a pity. Shows what bad breeding does to others.”

Ouch. That was harsh.

“You’d know most of all.”

Eyes locked for a moment.

Ooo. Death stare.

After Caranthia recovered she slowly lowered the ‘wretch’ to stand on its own. She had bigger fish to stake.

“Well, then, wouldn’t want to waste our women’s time. I think you should prove yourself to your kin once and for all.”

“Fine by me,” Tar’airah walked past Caranthia, and then after passing within an inch of Willow’s body, turned around pushing the redhead out of Caranthia’s grasp roughly, “wouldn’t want you to kill off my prey, now would I?” As she spoke, she subtly lowered her hand down to Willow’s left arm and squeezed it gently. A sign of comfort. Willow made no move in recognition, and kept her eyes down.

On the inside she was dancing at the touch—being grabbed roughly by some strong amazon woman, feeling completely vulnerable was not a feeling she willingly enjoyed…most of the time.

Caranthia made no response. Instead she decided to address the rest of the crowd to begin the fight, “sisters, the ceremony shall now commence, as Perhamia has taken ill this morning,” a few questioning expressions rose at that, “she passed the commencement rights on to me.”

Caranthia stood up before the crowd on a small platform and began speaking methodically,

“Warriors, as you have grown…”

Tar’airah’s mind buzzed as she let the ancient words drip past her ears. All that she cared about at the moment was the girl standing awkwardly, face down next to her. The same girl that wasn’t moving, speaking, or doing anything that would qualify a living being besides breathing. And Tar’ had slowed down her own nervous breathing just to painfully hear, check the redhead was too. After a few slow seconds she heard a sharp inhale.

Thank the goddess, she’s alive.

Tar’airah finally breathed.

-------------------

Willow noticed out of the corner of her eye the witch that had grabbed her was now standing on a tiny stage, so all the tribe could see her and hear her more.

Don’t they have different people to do each job?

Keeping her face downward, it was hard to see much beyond feet and the brunette on stage. Thoughts swirled within her brain; ideas, plans, flashes of memories (several involving Tara) went in and out of her imagination. But the most troubling thought, above being grabbed again by the woman that was quickly being dubbed The Brunette Bitch, above being slaughtered by hundreds of pissed off, PMS-ing women, was one simple thought.

What if I never get to tell Tara I love her?

She sharply breathed in, against her own will and shuddered at the thought.

She wouldn’t let it come to that.

Come Hell and…well, Hell, she’ll know, even if I’m in her arms dying of nasty frog-bites, she’ll know…

She promised.

I promise.

-------------

“We’ve got to get to Tar’…we can still stop it…I…think.”

“How?”

“Fa’aith, just shut up and follow me.”

“No need to get pissy, missy, I’m just not sure we can do anything at this point, or rather, should do anything.”

“What? Are you kidding?! Tar’s girl is going to get killed whether she does it or not.”

Fa’aith, contemplating the sentence for a moment and then deciding to forget it slowly said, “I saw her touch her.”

“What?” Buf’ became flustered by the last comment, willing herself to forget it. What kind of pervy thing is she on about now? I mean, HELLO, if she’s going to find one of her friends attractive, why is it never--

“I saw her touch her, just now.”

Buf’aneah was now thoroughly confused, “What are you talking about?”

“It wasn’t much, but when she was telling Caranthia to ‘not kill her prey’…? I…I don’t know, I could have sworn I saw her hand touch Red’s arm.”

“What? Really?”

“I don’t know, I could’ve imagined it, but I think Tar’ knows what she’s getting into…and if she doesn’t…”

“Yes?”

“…she’ll find out the hard way.”

TBC....

Man, I can draw things out...really, think of these chapters as one BIG chapter that I wrote staying up til 5:30am one night...oop. Shouldn't have said that...does that mean I get fruit thrown at my head now?

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 355 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 7, 8, 9, 10, 11, 12  Next