The Kitten, the Witches and the Bad Wardrobe - Willow & Tara Forever

General Chat  || Kitten  || WaV  || Pens  || Mi2  || GMP  || TiE  || FAQ  || Feed - The Kitten, the Witches and the Bad Wardrobe

All times are UTC - 8 hours [ DST ]

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 869 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 24, 25, 26, 27, 28, 29  Next
 Post subject: Re: not an update but...
PostPosted: Tue Apr 01, 2003 5:00 pm 
Rane: Great update, and I agree with Blue77, Any Willow and Tara time is always GREAT. I loved how Tara just came along and was able to soothe everything over with Buffy, and I also loved how proud Willow seemed of her girl, very cool. I also loved the scene at Tara's truck, our girls checking each other out is always great, and I thought that Willow slashing her tire so Tara wouldn't get in trouble was very smart and very sweet, and it was funny that they didn't know how to change a tire, LOL. I can't wait to read more.

Lonewolf

Edited by: Lonewolf22 at: 4/1/03 3:05:05 pm

Post subject: Re: Camp Flutie=Joy!
PostPosted: Tue Apr 01, 2003 6:20 pm 
"Willow and jeans were meant to be together." hehe

Yes, indeed. :D

Always glad to see an update, no matter how large. Interested to see who's doing the mojo. Looking forward to the next installment.

Post subject: ...
PostPosted: Tue Apr 01, 2003 7:32 pm 
Hehehe. Loving this more and more....

It is my solace, my home, the place where my walls crumble and fall away, because no one can know who I truly am. Thank goodness for the Internet, preserver of sanity! -Unknown

Post subject: Re: Camp Flutie, Part Two
PostPosted: Tue Apr 01, 2003 8:28 pm 
I consider this to be one of the hallmark fic's on the Kitten Board.

Your ease with these characterizations simply astounds me. These young people are written with such ease. The summer camp setting is familiar to people of all ages for being the source of many memories - good and bad. Mix in unexpected romances, a dash of sudden danger and serve to taste. Marvelous!

Your Tara is wonderful, and much more comfortable in this setting. Her maturity shines. Willow cannot be anything but adorable. The Scoobys are..the Scoobys. This is a high compliment, because it's not easy to keep such a homogenous group balanced in prose. Kudos.

I'll be waiting patiently for the next update.

More than any other time in history, mankind faces a crossroads. One path leads to despair and utter hopelessness. The other, to total extinction. Let us pray we have the wisdom to choose correctly. Woody Allen (1935 - )

PostPosted: Tue Apr 01, 2003 9:11 pm 
Do my eyes deceive me?:eek :eek :eek :eek :eek

Manna from Heaven?:bounce :bounce :bounce :bounce

Between recent updates of "Working out the Kinks" and "Camp" I've reached this strange "Nirvana-like" state only heard of in fic-lore.

Thank you Rane for: a really charged (and blechy) Stephen King-esque bug infestation; a witchy mystery (Jamie as scapegoat maybe or not) underlying it all; Tara to the rescue without being summoned; and Buffy revealing too much information regarding Willow's confidences about "spells and STUFF.";)

You capture so delightfully Willow's tendency to solve the problem *at hand* - even if it creates more difficulty. Slash the tire to validate the fib...too bad few of us pay attention to the 'roadside emergencies' part of Driver's Ed.:D

And this still resonates from several updates back:
Quote:
“Actually,” Willow grinned brazenly, “My girlfriend would like the tiger better. Fits her personality… in bed.” She added as he, shocked silent, handed her the tiger.

Grrr...but no argggh! I'm reeling blissfully~~~Suse

~Dorothy Parker (on her writing)~:

"I can't write five words but that I change seven."

"My verses, I cannot say poems...I was following in the exquisite footsteps of Miss Millay, unhappily in my own horrible sneakers."

Post subject: Re: ...
PostPosted: Wed Apr 02, 2003 9:22 am 
cool update :grin

glad that Tara was able to get Buffy to not go after Jamie. Willow slashing the tire, and then asking if Tara knew how to fix a flat was too funny

What the funk and wagnles are you talking about?
I'm not stealing, I'm just taking things without paying for them. In what twisted dictionary is that stealing?

Post subject: yes!
PostPosted: Wed Apr 02, 2003 10:48 am 
Rane cariño, it's so good to see you're back with this great fic. I loved the update. Willow is just too cute. Hugs and :bigkiss to you for being such a great witer.

PostPosted: Wed Apr 02, 2003 12:15 pm 
:clap

So sweet. I love the Tara Goddess (who doesn't :) ) line. And Willow and jeans and spooky dark magiks and...all of it. What's not to like? Bravo.

R.

"There's nothing very merry 'bout going round and round..."

Edited by: raspberryhat at: 4/2/03 10:15:55 am

PostPosted: Wed Apr 02, 2003 1:30 pm 
Nice update! But I need more!

*lil´c*

Unter den Blinden ist der Einäugige König.

Check this out

PostPosted: Thu Apr 03, 2003 12:48 am 
Jen- hey snookums! Careful with the tackling I’m fragile. Lol… smoochies back baybee

Nation- well, you have a teeny tiny update for when you get back from yer mum and pop’s with lil nation. :baby as for how much longer Flutie will be it originally was supposed to be a three parter. First two parts are like 100 pages each so I decided to condense part three into two but it’s not working out that way. Or where you talking timeline wise? Lol… you were. Well, timewise the true story is til the end of camp. The epilogue is afterwards like a lil update on what’s happening or not happening. We’ll see. Have fun!

Puff- hey hon! Could be jamie could be not. Hehe. Will seems a bit on the impulsive side a lot so I just thought it up that way. Glad kittens thought it funny and true.

Blue- hey, even the smartest people are the biggest dummies sometimes and Willow’s certainly one of them. Sadly the dumb things she did last year were not funny or cute. Still bitter I am. Lol… thanks for reading!

Loniewolfie! How are you darling?! :bigwave How’s school? It was a small tiny update and I feel bad about posting it but at the same time at least I’m writing and posting again ya know? The next one is sure to be larger. I’m getting over the hump in the writers block for flutie and hope to keep the updates coming more frequently. Talk to you later tater!

Scout- again, I have to say I just LOVED the last installment of your artwork, just like the last billion of them. sigh… ‘pile o catnip’ cracks me up everytime I think of it. Thanks for sharing w/t and miss kitty how they should be: loving and adorable together.

Mellindra- quite happy you’re not giving up on this long assed never seeming to end fic that is updated once in a blue moon. Lol.. :punch

Temperedcynic- what an interesting screen name! :) … hallmark fic I dunno. *blush* Maybe cause it’s sooo long and it’s been over a year in the writing? Teehee… thanks for your words. I try to write as close to canon as possible (or former cannon before season 6) no matter how different the setting may be. I find there is so much to work with in there (cause of all the questions/mystery). One possible reason a lot of the fic seems to flow easily is cause I use dialogue from the show. lol… bad me. But I honestly don’t think I have the characters down right except for tara. Don’t know why. I’m always afraid to write all the other scoobies except for her. Especially Anya and Faith, that’s why I didn’t use her too much. I’ll leave Faith to Ruth. Thanks again for your kudos.

Suse- I KNOW! I tell you I was shocked I updated both fics as well! :lol manna from heaven is right. She needs to keep my muse around for me. I have so many subplots I’m doing myself in but it makes for a cooler story to me at least but we’ll be getting back to W/T shortly. the tiger… grrrr… Yay! And speaking of driver’s ed I actually taught it in my high school. I was the dorky student driver with the pedals and steering wheel on the left side so I know all about changing tires. Even though one night after 14 hours of filming I got a flat downtown at like 7 am on a Sunday and let a road worker change the tire for me. It’s good to be a girl! I probably looked haggard and he took pity on me…

Griimy- hi hun!

Mo’NiKa!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Oh my god girl I have been meaning to email you forever since I read somewhere… (hmmm…) that Red Ace was being updated?! Lords in heaven that made my day, week, month, year! :bow HUGE HUGS to you!!!!!!!!!!! And :kiss too. hee

R- I got yer email and I’m going to read the update! Nya nya nya nya y’all! I’m getting a sneel peek! Hahahaha…. I’m such a dork. I love me.

Lil’ C- I need more too. Hopefully an update will come by this weekend. Or not. You know how reliable I am! :devilish

"Take care of my heart, won't you please? Take care of it because it's all that I have. And if you let me, I'll take care of your heart too." Pure sweetness in the look between Willow and Tara.

PostPosted: Thu Apr 03, 2003 2:52 am 
Hey Rane,

Just read the latest update. I have to say that I'm glad that :tara had Buffy not go slay Jamie. That would have been a bad thing. I can't wait to find out what happens to :willow & :tara at the end of summer. With the dance and them going different places. :tara has to get that job so she can be near :willow . Oh I thought that :willow was so cute slashing the tire.

bluewillowwitch

PostPosted: Thu Apr 03, 2003 7:31 am 
Too funny:D Willow does seem to have a habit of acting before she thinks!

Oh, what a tease you are, our girls getting Hot by the "truck" again?? :shock

Look forward to more.

BV

"When choosing between two evils, I always like to take the one I've never tried before"-Mae West

PostPosted: Thu Apr 03, 2003 6:03 pm 
Rane:

I swear to all things sacred that this is *NOT* meant as a superfluous bump. But if I can't recognize that which makes me laugh so hard that a rib comes loose...well then what is livin' for?
Quote:
I was the dorky student driver with the pedals and steering wheel on the left side so I know all about changing tires. Even though one night after 14 hours of filming I got a flat downtown at like 7 am on a Sunday and let a road worker change the tire for me. It’s good to be a girl!

I probably looked haggard and he took pity on me...
I could never argue the advantages of my gender.:whistle And more likely you triggered a something-something in him that inspired him to seize the opportunity to play "knight in shining armor." When the chances to play hero arise WE have to take them don't we!:glasses

My mom and I had a flat once with no sign of help around. And it was like I went into this "zen" state. I remembered everything necessary without knowing how (even the lug-nut rule). And get home we did.:party

To reiterate: I loved this update...its ending and the promise it holds.

TY~Suse

~Dorothy Parker (on her writing)~:

"I can't write five words but that I change seven."

"My verses, I cannot say poems...I was following in the exquisite footsteps of Miss Millay, unhappily in my own horrible sneakers."

PostPosted: Thu Apr 03, 2003 9:02 pm 
LOL!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

i meant to say right side of the car, suse, i aint british! we have the wheel on the left already. haha, see what a dork i am?! lol...

bluewillowwitch- thanks hon. love your useage of the willow and tara emoticons. tre cute.

"Take care of my heart, won't you please? Take care of it because it's all that I have. And if you let me, I'll take care of your heart too." Pure sweetness in the look between Willow and Tara.

PostPosted: Mon Apr 07, 2003 2:17 am 
Camp Flutie is back :) Willow had a great idea lol too bad she didn't think it through. IT sucks they even have to go through that because Tara's dad is such an ass. bleh.

-----------------------------------

Only 50 cents

PostPosted: Mon Apr 07, 2003 3:01 pm 
Rane: Hi there, whats up, sorry for not replying earliear, everything is cool with me, I'm almost done with school, hows everything with you?

Lonewolf

Post subject: Re: Willow and jeans
PostPosted: Thu Apr 10, 2003 9:20 pm 
"Willow and jeans were meant to be together."

Agh. Can't help myself... must add... leather pants.

There. I had to say it. *s*

Just like me to delurk in this fantastic thread for a reason like this. And I really really like Camp Flutie. Update soon?

Edited by: some dark thing at: 4/10/03 8:25:42 pm

PostPosted: Mon Apr 28, 2003 2:54 pm 
Well...I've just spent the last 3 days reading the Camp Flutie's and I have to say...WOW

All the characters in this fic are so tru to the onscreen characters, you've captured their personalities brilliantly! And yay at the w/t cuteness :D and of course the smoochies!

Jamie catching w/t was absolute class! That scene had mem laughing so hard! As did the girlfriend comment Willow made to the carnie when she won the tiger...grrrr ;)

Rane...u rock...and I am sooooo not worthy :bow LoL

I hope this fic will get an update soon!

Nikkii xxx

Willow: Happy slaying!

Buffy: Wish me demons!

Post subject: UPDATE
PostPosted: Wed Jun 25, 2003 11:31 pm 
i know, i know it's been AGES.... there are a lot of reasons why this is taking so long (and some privied few know the main reason why :whistle ) and i apologize muchly. this is a small update, nothing much really but a plot B filler. no tara but i look foward to much of tara in the upcoming updates. i miss her. lol

hope you like and be good, kittens!

:laugh

Over the next two days, the Scoobies tried to inconspicuously watch Jamie’s every move. The redhead felt like she was stuck in one of those “Something Queer…” teen mystery books she used to read as a child about a couple of junior sleuths. In her room at home she still had five of those books where two pre teen girls and a dog named Fletcher solved mysteries. Well, if Buffy were a black haired, braces wearing girl name Gwen and Xander where a narcoleptic hound dog.

Truth was Willow didn’t know how to bring up the topic of magic with her camper. ‘Hey there, Jamie, performed any dark magic spells lately?’ didn’t sit too well with her. After all, Tara had said the contents inside the notebook were harmless. Even so, Buffy wanted a definite answer from the 15 year old and Willow was, unfortunately, the one in charge of getting it. To her, Jamie was acting was completely normal though. If anything, she was interacting a lot better with her cabin mates than before. Nothing like gross, flying insects and selective amnesia to bring everyone closer. That and a full on two day camp color war.

So busy was everyone in the blue, yellow, white and red teams that there was truly no time to investigate the curious goings on at Camp Flutie. After all there were the layers and layers of clothes to put on for the clothesline competition. There were the cheers to make up and the voices to lose while yelling them out in the spirit contest. There was the campus wide treasure hunt and a color war spelling bee. There was the arts and crafts portion of the games while the tug of war left many participants with rope burns on their hands. The over night capture the flag adventure left most campers and counselors without any sleep and walking zombies for day two of the color war.

Because of this, the second day was more relaxed. Secretly labeled as the ‘camp improvement’ part of the color war, the campers were basically used as maintenance and awarded points for their work around the grounds. The teams had to clean up trash, paint buildings, weed the gardens, and participate in a bunch of other camp revitalization tasks before lunch. There were some more sport competitions in the afternoon after a two hour nap break and the color war ended in the early evening with team songs and skits. Even though the red team was crowned the winner every team got an ice cream party for being such great sports.

Willow’s white team, comprised of cabins’ three, five and seven, had their color war celebration and recollection session in the assembly hall. She took advantage of her good fortune when she found Jamie sitting all by herself outside the assembly hall and headed on over to the camper.

Willow sat down on the porch steps besides her, “Hey, Jamie. What are you doing out here? Party’s inside.”

“Not really in the mood.”

Willow was flabbergasted by the answer. “But, it’s ice cream. How could you not be in the mood for ice cream? I scream, you scream, we all scream for ice cream.”

Her counselors recognizable mantra made Jamie faintly smile. For a second. After all, they had just spent the last five minutes chanting the slogan on their way to the party. “I’m lactose intolerant.”

“Oh.” Jamie was lactose intolerant? She didn’t remember that from Jamie’s camp application. The mystery in front of her just grew bigger and bigger.

The young woman looked over at her counselor once more, “The little pills I take every time I eat just in case there is any milk derivatives in the food? The meds I forgot that night I ran into you and Tara in the cabin with the kissing and-

“Hey!” Willow flushed at the memory, “Aren’t you supposed to give all your medication to Miss Calendar? It’s in the rules.”

“I don’t let anyone touch any of my stuff.” Jamie replied as she stared down at her tennis shoes, her arms wrapping around her knees.

“Yeah, I noticed with the big honking trunk you got next to your bunk bed.” Her eyes widened a bit once she realized this was her opportunity to ask about her belongings. It was difficult to keep her tone lightas she grew more and more nervous, “Whatcha got in the trunk? Drugs? It's not drugs, is it?” She was able to ask in a playful, motherly way.

Jamie rolled her eyes, Willow could be so silly sometimes. “No. It’s stuff.”

“What kinda stuff?”

“Just stuff.” Willow didn’t want to pry but knew she had too. However, before she could ask anything else Jamie spoke, “Do you ever wonder if this is all a dream?” she questioned.

That was a query the redhead had not expected, “Wow… that’s pretty deep. And random. Randomly deep. Or deeply random.”

Jamie smiled once again. “I mean it. What if we’re a dream? Someone’s dream and they’re going to wake up any moment and we go poof?”

“Well…I…” She couldn’t help but think of Tara and the last couple of weeks at camp. “If it were a dream I for one don’t want them to wake up. I’m liking this dream very much.”

“I’m not.”

Willow knew that there was more to that statement than the camper had probably wanted to express. She’d known, from the moment she’d first seen and spoken to Jamie, that she was a lot like her in both personality and intelligence. Certainly equal in high school social status. At first, it was difficult to see certain things of herself in someone else but if she could help her, let her know everything would be all right… “Jamie. It’ll get better. Trust me. You just have to hang on. Teenage years kinda suck for everyone.” Willow scrunched up her forehead knowing she was probably not helping any.

“Cant we just speed it up? Do a spell or something?

Her stomach lurched at the question, “S-spell?”

“Yeah, you know, hocus pocus fast forward us.” Jamie chuckled.

Willow suspiciously laughed along with her. “Hocus Pocus. Right. ‘Cause that’s really real. Magick and spells and a smidge of marnox root mixed with a virgin's saliva...” she got a curious look from Jamie, “Does something I know nothing about.”

The girl stared at her counselor, her brown eyes never leaving the nervously fleeting green eyes in front of her. She was about to ask her a question but decided not to. Just as quickly she changed her mind, “You know witchcraft?”

Willow didn’t know how to respond to that question. “I… um…”

“Marnox root was used in fertility rituals long, long ago. It’s like an aphrodisiac used on virgins to-”

Willow knew exactly what the root was used for, “Yeah, I read up on the history. I, uh, like reading. I read a lot. A lot of everything. That’s me. Reader Rosenberg.” Why did she feel she was the one under scrutiny here? Jamie was the puzzle, not her. “And, obviously, you know witchcraft too.”

She softly shrugged her shoulders, “My best friend in eighth grade… We read up on it. She was obsessed with witches and vampires and stuff…”

“And? What happened?”

“She was obsessed with witches and vampires and stuff.” Jamie deadpanned.

The look on Jamie’s face left no doubt they were no longer friends. “So, you don’t believe in any of that?” A part of her wanted to know, the other part didn’t.

Jamie took a moment before replying, “Do you?”

Willow didn’t know what so say. With each question she was getting more nervous, thinking maybe Jamie did know a bit more than just the history of witchcraft. What if Jamie did that spell few nights earlier? Or what if she’d made the yucky, yucky? How would she be reprimanded? And, what if it wasn’t Jamie? What if there were other girls at camp dabbling in the dark arts as well? How would they find out?

She pretended to laugh rather than answer. “Come one. Let’s go inside before we get eaten alive by mosquitoes.” she said as she genlty tugged on Jamie's shoulder.

“I have repellent.” Jamie dug into her pocket and took out a small tube. She offered it to Willow.

Plan busted again. Why was Jamie always ready for anything? “Of course you do, Jamie. Of course.”

“You can go inside. I just want to stay out here. It’s nice... And after the raid of the insects it’s been kinda quiet on the bug front.” Her look was sort of a challenge for Willow to continue the conversation.

“Yeah. That was gross.”

“Yeah.”

“Jamie? Do you have something you want to tell me?”

“I didn’t do it.” she whispered.

“No one’s saying that.”

“I…” her tone was still low, like she was telling a very important secret, “I wanted to stop it. I tried to stop it. I-”

“Hey,” Jenn interrupted as she loudly opened the screen door to the building. She tired to hide her irritation with a look of boredom, “I don’t know why Buffy sent me to find you two but she did. I figured you’d be out here together alone. So, get your asses inside pronto before she gets all large with the butch like she does and we don’t get seconds of the ice cream.”

Wanting to continue their conversation, Willow hoped Jenn would have simply turned around and walked back into the assembly hall. But she didn’t. She simply stared at Jamie until the camper slowly and silently rose up from the floor and walked past her without another glance.

TBC...

Post subject: Re: UPDATE
PostPosted: Wed Jun 25, 2003 11:48 pm 
RANEEYY!!! Hey sweetie!!! :kiss :bigkiss *wraps you up in a big hug*

You upydated!!!!

*jumps around, squealing like a girl*

Uh... :shy *looks at Rane, who is looking at me like I'm crazy*

Sorry... I got carried away there. Must go and catch up now!

Mucho amor, amiga! :kiss

Jen

||My Fan Fiction and More!|| ||My Yahoo Group||
~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~
Prayer for Protection: The light of God surrounds us; The love of God enfolds us; The power of God protects us; The presence of God watches over us. Wherever we are, God is! ||Unity Houston||

Edited by: Jennpurr at: 6/25/03 10:49 pm

PostPosted: Thu Jun 26, 2003 12:08 am 
Rane This fic is well worth the wait. Thanks for the update! :applause

I see dead lesbian cliches

PostPosted: Thu Jun 26, 2003 2:53 am 
Looky what we found - Raney!!

So good to see you frequenting these parts again. And always glad to get a few more insights into Jamie. Come back soon now! :)

PostPosted: Thu Jun 26, 2003 3:25 am 
hey Rane!

Thanks for not forgetting about your waiting kittens here!!! I thought it was a mirage seeing your message in the update post!! Don't keep us waiting a lot for the next one though!! :grin

~Arwen

Hear That Baby? You're My Always... Willow

PostPosted: Thu Jun 26, 2003 7:39 am 
Why didn't they have camp couselors like Willow and Tara when I went to camps?:angry

Keep, it up anyways, I'm really enjoying this story!

- Skye:eatme :banana :eatme

"You cannot have any more Cheese! You have a Cheese problem!"

PostPosted: Thu Jun 26, 2003 8:05 am 
great update :bounce :grin

I'm not stealing, I'm just taking things without paying for them. In what twisted dictionary is that stealing?
Oh, relax, Casper, I'm not here to interrupt your blissing. Too much makes you go blind, though, you know

PostPosted: Thu Jun 26, 2003 8:19 am 
Rane! Dear! Here you went and updated and never told me! *sigh* I don't think you love me anymore :sob It's as masterful as ever. Poor Jamie. I think I can relate (well, without the witchcraft part).

T.

Time flies by when the Devil drives.
It's not the pace of life that concerns me, it's the sudden stop at the end.

PostPosted: Thu Jun 26, 2003 8:54 am 
You updated! Yaaaay!

And of course, this gave me an excellent excuse to go back and reread both Flutie's. General joy was soon to follow, backed up by the realization you haven't forgotten about this fic.

Much joy.

Much more?

It is my solace, my home, the place where my walls crumble and fall away, because no one can know who I truly am. Thank goodness for the Internet, preserver of sanity! -Unknown

Post subject: Thank you!
PostPosted: Thu Jun 26, 2003 9:04 am 
I come to the Pens board every day...and every day I think "maybe Camp Flutie will be updated today"...and it finally happened! Thank you so much for the update, it was great! I'm looking forward to the future updates and more Willow/Tara goodness. :willow :tara

Kita :eek

----------------------------

I won't be held responsible she fell in love in the first place.

PostPosted: Thu Jun 26, 2003 9:58 am 
Woo Hoo a Camp Flutie update. Thanks Rane :) I really like Jamie, she knows a lot of stuff and she tried to help. I think the best person to talk to Jamie is Willow though as they have stuff in common.

(Hugs) great to see you back Rane.

So, the day started and I knew my name and had my pants on. So far, so good. Yay.
Amber Benson

PostPosted: Thu Jun 26, 2003 12:54 pm 
:applause Update!!

I feel so sorry for Jamie. Of course, if anyone can help her it will be W/T and the rest of the scoobies.

Thanks for coming back to this fic - you know it's kinda a classic :bow

-shuyaku

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 869 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 24, 25, 26, 27, 28, 29  Next