The Kitten, the Witches and the Bad Wardrobe - Willow & Tara Forever

General Chat  || Kitten  || WaV  || Pens  || Mi2  || GMP  || TiE  || FAQ  || Feed - The Kitten, the Witches and the Bad Wardrobe

All times are UTC - 8 hours [ DST ]

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 869 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 25, 26, 27, 28, 29
 Post subject: Re: gggggggggrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrr
PostPosted: Sun Apr 11, 2004 10:31 am 
ohhhh..gosh. an update. yay :party

thanks for the update.. wow. been here and i kept on coming back for your fic.

thanks again.

ciao

redjassy

Cause you were made for me/Somehow I'll make you see/How happy you make me

/I can't live this life/Without you by my side/I need you to survive/ So stay with me/
You look in my eyes and I'm screaming inside/]that I'm sorry. » Evanescence

Post subject: Re: PART THREE- Mini update
PostPosted: Sun Apr 11, 2004 1:59 pm 
Oh it is so nice to see the return of Camp Flutie. I love this fic! Cousin Beth needs to be bitch slapped though, she knew exactly what she was doing asking Tara those questions. I'm glad to see Willow and Buffy so protective of Tara, I hope Tara can tell Willow what is going on in her life. She needs to get away from her father and the rest of her family. Thanks for the update, it is great to see you back Rane :)

So, the day started and I knew my name and had my pants on. So far, so good. Yay.
Amber Benson

PostPosted: Sun Apr 11, 2004 6:06 pm 
Hey Rane!

I hate to be repetitive but -- YAY UPDATE! :dance :dance

Yeah, cousin Beth, Grrrr!!! She needs to be sent away to a different camp -- maybe Camp Pootie (where her job would be to clean the porta-potties?!!)

Again YAY!

More please, when you get a chance!

Wimpy

Quote:
You should ride with me sometime. I guarantee safety and fun! (Tara)

Post subject: Re: gggggggggrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrr
PostPosted: Sun Apr 11, 2004 10:24 pm 
Wow. It has been a long time. Glad to see this back

I repeat. There has got to be a way for Willow to get Tara away from her family. Right?

Tara: My heart doesn't stutter.

Tara: Willow, I got so lost.

Willow: I found you. I will always find you.

PostPosted: Tue Apr 13, 2004 1:27 pm 
First of all..Woo Hoo, Camp Flutie is back!

Second of all... :rage Beth!

I agree with Rose...there has to be a way for Tara to get away from her family, right? I've missed the fic so much. Happy to see an update. :D

Go Willow and Buffy for their protectiveness of Tara.

~Holly~ :heart

Baby, baby, baby when all you're love is gone, who will save me from all I'm up against out in this world

- Bright Lights - Matchbox Twenty

"Show me where to touch you." - Tara, It Ain't Fickle (Luciddream)

PostPosted: Wed Apr 14, 2004 3:35 pm 
This fic is amazing, you write willow/tara so well!

Please say you are carrying on with this story, i wanna know what happens, about tara's not-so-true-face!

Post subject: lalalala... small update.... =)
PostPosted: Sun Apr 18, 2004 4:17 pm 
Blatant plagiarism once again.... :sh I’ll reply to all soon. i'm off to shop. teehee! thanks for reading!

But, before Beth could get two steps past Buffy, the petite blonde grabbed her. No matter how irate she was at this girl, the Slayer made sure not to use all her strength against her. She’d probably rip Beth’s arm off if she did. “What do you mean?” she asked in a controlled tone.

“Let go of me.” Beth’s cold, steely blue eyes warned.

“Explain or I’ll break your arm.” A silently awed Willow watched as Beth’s jaw jutted out in defiance to both Buffy’s remark and action.

The more pressure Buffy put on Beth’s arm the less sure she was her resolve was a smart thing. However, the last thing Beth wanted was to talk about these things in front of strangers. Especially these two.

“Buffy stop. You’ll hurt her.” Tara’s voice broke the silence as she stood up. After a few seconds, Buffy did as told. The cousin’s locked eyes but not a word was spoken between them.

“What is going on? Somebody, please.” Willow begged for an answer. She hated not knowing what had caused Tara’s distress. She’d felt. She’d felt it all the way across the camp. That’s why she had quickly run there.

“She’s a witch.” Beth finally uttered as she pointed at Tara. “She has evil inside her and it will come out. And letting herself work all that magic is only gonna make it worse.” She looked over at her cousin. “Where do you think that power comes from?”

“Evil?” Willow questioned. Tara was certainly the opposite of that.

“Tara doesn’t have one single evil bone in her body. Trust me, I’d know.”, replied Buffy.

“‘Cause she’s put a spell on you. All of you.”

Willow shook her head, “No, she didn’t.” she said as she stood in a protective stance in next of her girlfriend.

With both Willow’s and Buffy’s support, Tara knew she could finally tell her cousin what she’d been waiting to say for a long time. Her eyes quickly darted to Willow, their hands linked. “Beth-“ she began, her heart breaking knowing she was about to fracture her cousins’ skewed world, “Dad and Donny lied to you. They’ve been lying to you for years.”

“No.” The doubt was obvious in Beth’s face.

“It’s true, we’re witches. We are. But there is no evil in it. Only in their eyes because they don’t understand it.”

“No.” she shook her head, “Not true. If my mother’s a witch too then how come I can’t do any magic.”

“Because it doesn’t just happen out of the blue like that. You need to be taught the ways of craft- to tap into your source.” She thought of her time with Willow in the woods. How that ritual was only the first step in learning about witchcraft.

“Why wasn’t I taught?”

Tara honestly didn’t know the answer. “That’s a question for your mother.”

Beth took a moment to reply, obviously she was having a hard time processing this new information. But, in the end, she didn’t believe Tara. It had been a long time since that had happened. Why would she start now? “This is all just a lie. You’re trying to trick me.”

Buffy crossed her arms over her chest, “Looks to me like the only people trying to trick you are Donny and your uncle.”

“No. She doesn’t care the slightest bitty bit about her family. Do you, Tara?” she asked her cousin. “You dad's been worried sick about you ever since you started working here. I see why. You’ve changed. These people are influencing you in a bad way. And the whole Ojai thing- You cant go. There's a house needs taking care of, Donny and your dad cant do for themselves while you're down there living God knows what kind of lifestyle. The only reason your father is letting you go is because he’s afraid my mother will put a spell on him.”

Willow quickly looked to her girlfriend, her green eyes filled with complete surprise. “Ojai?”

“She didn’t tell you about that, did she?” Beth questioned.

Willow was bewildered, “Tara?”

Her blue eyes dropped for a moment before replying, “I was going to tell you. I-“

Beth pointed at her cousin once again, “See! She’s even keeping secrets from you.”

“Sounds to me like you’re just a jealous little girl.” Buffy mentioned after seeing Willow shake her head. She was getting more and more irked with Beth as this discussion wore on.

Beth’s heartless chuckle reflected her expression, “Jealous? Why would I be jealous of that? She’s not normal. Doesn't matter how innocent she acts, you'll see.”

Willow couldn’t take any more of this woman’s harassment, “Hey! You take that back,” She said, inwardly chastising herself for sounding like such a third grader. “Tara is a wonderful person. You’re just too blind and envious to see it.”

“Beth,” Tara waited for her cousin to look at her, “I think you should leave.”, was said with such quiet strength.

“Tara...” For some unexplainable reason Beth reminisced to when she and her cousin were little girls. To the times when they were best friends, when their bond was so strong, when nothing in the world could tear them apart… and now… how had things gotten like this?

“Just go.”

Beth sighed, giving them a last look over before turning to leave. Not a sound was uttered as they watched go. As soon as the girl was out of sight, Willow quickly turned to her girlfriend and grinned, “You got the job?!” she asked in amazement.

Tara laughed at Willow’s gleeful expression. “Yes.”

“For reals?!” She hugged her lover tight. They’d chatted a few times about the potentiality of this employment. Of Tara not only working at the ranch but being able to live there as well, away from this place, away her father and brother. But the best part about it was that the ranch was only 45 minutes from Sunnydale- 45 minutes from Willow.

Breathing was becoming and issue, but Tara didn’t care. “For reals.”

A quick pop kiss on the lips would tie her over until Buffy left, then they could move on to the genuine smoochies. “Oh, baby, that’s wonderful! Why didn’t you tell me?!”

“I…” Willow’s hands cupping her face, her thumbs lovingly caressing her mouth, were not helping her form a proper sentence. “I just found out… this morning. I’m still processing it all.”

Willow was so happy she could cry happy tears. She lovingly pressed her lips against Tara’s and proceeded to unabashedly kiss her. This was her girl, her love. Buffy be dammed!

All wrapped up in each other, they didn’t notice the Slayer had quietly exited a few moments earlier. They definitely hadn’t notice the sad smile spread over her lips as she walked away either.

TBC....

"Take care of my heart, won't you please? Take care of it because it's all that I have. And if you let me, I'll take care of your heart too." Pure sweetness in the look between Willow and Tara. (shooting script)

PostPosted: Sun Apr 18, 2004 6:33 pm 
Hey Rane!!

Lalala - love your mini update. So much going on -- I nearly squealed out loud when Tara made Beth leave. Yay!

And Tara's going to be in Ojai! Yay again! I think it's time for a happy dance!! :dance :dance

Can't wait for more!

Wimpy

Post subject: Re: lalalala... small update.... =)
PostPosted: Sun Apr 18, 2004 7:18 pm 
Great stuff, Rane. Tara finally gets out from under her father and she can't even enjoy the news. Cousin Beth is envious of Tara and her good fortune, but is easily duped by the Maclay men. Still, I'd like to know how Buffy and Willow knew that Tara needed them at that moment. Hmm. Kudos!

More than any other time in history, mankind faces a crossroads. One path leads to despair and utter hopelessness. The other, to total extinction. Let us pray we have the wisdom to choose correctly. Woody Allen (1935 - )

PostPosted: Sun Apr 18, 2004 7:28 pm 
Beth really gets on my nerves. How about Donny and Tara's father learning to take care of themselves?

I am so glad Tara is finding a way to get away from that house on her own. Congrats, Tara!

Tara: My heart doesn't stutter.

Tara: Willow, I got so lost.

Willow: I found you. I will always find you.

Edited by: The Rose24  at: 4/19/04 7:52 pm

PostPosted: Mon Apr 19, 2004 7:50 am 
cool update :D

i'm glad Tara is able to get away from her dad and brother and is going to be closer to Willow, it was too bad that Buffy didn't break Beth's arm

I'm not stealing, I'm just taking things without paying for them. In what twisted dictionary is that stealing?
Welcome friends, how may I pervert you?

PostPosted: Mon Apr 19, 2004 11:22 am 
Loved it loved it loved it!!!!!!!!!! :bounce

Beth is really annoying! :punish

*lil´c*

"Okay, we’re here, we’re queer, let’s kick this shit into gear," Five by Five (Taras Shadow)

SweetAmber

PostPosted: Tue Apr 20, 2004 12:39 am 
yay...happy person writing....update...it's like sugar for me...can't get enough....but can wait...for a little while...but only a little...

Vaya con dios.:D

Post subject: just sayin hi
PostPosted: Tue Aug 10, 2004 7:39 am 
I like! Please update soon. This fic is awesome!:applause :applause

"Death cannot stop true love. It can only delay it."

The Princess Bride

PostPosted: Sat Aug 14, 2004 8:17 pm 
I have just finished reading part one and this part of part two and I LOVE IT! Now I have to go back and read everyone's comments and critiques! (I have to admit that I was so caught up in the story that I would just jump ahead to the next update :whistle )

I love how you incorporate quotes from the show into your writing but with a slight twist (ie changing which character is saying what) Marvelous!:clap

And the story is believable! I tend to stay away from AU fics because I find alot of them to be unrealistic ( I know, I know, I should give them all a chance.....well I will from now on I tell ya!). But kudos to you for changing my view!

Thank you for writing this fic! I am anxiously awaiting an update!:D

Em

PostPosted: Sat Aug 14, 2004 10:23 pm 
i read this a while ago and i absolutely loved it...and now that it was up at the top of the pens board im gonna definately comment on it!

THIS FIC IS AWESOME!!! woohoo...i read both part one and this one in like a day or 2...and i cant wait for an update! soon i hope?!?!

~mel:kdevil

Willow: It's horrible! That's me as a vampire? I'm so evil and... skanky. And I think I'm kinda gay.

Buffy: Willow, just remember, a vampire's personality has nothing to do with the person it was

Sure it doesn't

Post subject: ...
PostPosted: Sun Aug 15, 2004 10:59 am 
hello kittens! :bigwave

not an update (yet). sorry. I did want to thank you all for reading and replying and remembering this fic is still around. things have been really hectic: getting an operation, my family coming to visit, work, traveling for work... etc... but good news is i've been writing an update, all of it actually- all the way until the end of camp. i wanted to finish it and post it in one long sweep so as not to tease you anymore. but that may take too long so i may post bit by bit. We'll see. I'm trying to write as fast as i can but characters keep doing things they're not supposed to and scenes just find a way to write themselves in. *sigh* my muse is being naughty.

take care, be goos and hope all is well!

ps- can i just say i LOVE this emoticon :fit2

Edited by: Warduke at: 8/15/04 2:49 pm

PostPosted: Sun Aug 15, 2004 3:17 pm 
-crawls gaspsing through the thread.-

-moans,- updateee .. updateee ..

-collapses.-

Post subject: Re: ...
PostPosted: Mon Aug 16, 2004 12:05 am 
One long swoop or bit by bit, we all welcome your naughty muse back to finish off "Camp Flutie Two".

Take all the time you want/ need, we'll still be here lapping up the way only you can treat the gals.:peace

:sheep is this the end?

Post subject: Re: Update
PostPosted: Mon Aug 16, 2004 12:07 am 
I'm just glad to hear you're still writing Rane. Update soonish!

:peace

-pipsberg

"We live our lives, do whatever we do, and then we sleep - it's as simple and ordinary as that."

Michael Cunningham, The Hours

Post subject: UPDATE!!!!!!!!!!! =)
PostPosted: Mon Sep 20, 2004 9:54 pm 
Hello! Happy B-day to me! :geek Here's an update for you kittens... I'm sorry it's taken forever :letter . i hope you think it's worth it.

again, disclaimers of blatant plagiarism... yaddah, yaddah, yaddah... :banana

splitting into two parts cause i'm afraid the text will be cut off....

Willow heard Tara sigh once again. She felt it too, as her girlfriend snuggled deeper into her embrace. The two were up on the barn’s support, leaning against the same post they had reclined against during the rainstorm a few weeks ago. Only difference was this time around it was Willow’s arms enveloping the sitting blonde in front of her. That, plus the fact the day was not stormy. At least not anymore. The confrontation with Beth had only happened fifteen minutes ago but it felt like hours. Days even. Being together, touching one another, holding one another, made everything better. Always.

“That’s the third sigh in less than five minutes, missy.” Willow teased. “Am I boring you?” She smirked even though she knew Tara had a lot on her mind right now. She wanted nothing more than to make her smile. She squeezed her lover’s body closer to hers as her mouth puckered up against the girl’s temple, Tara’s blonde hair tickling her chin.

The sweet gesture snapped Tara out of her trance. “I’m sorry… I’m just…”

“What?” Willow pried.

“…Thinking about my mother.”

She certainly had not expected that statement to come from those lips, “Oh.”

“I wish she were still here.” Tara mentioned, her eyes staring off into nothing in particular once more.

“Me too, baby.”

After a few moments of silence, “It’s all my fault.”, was softly whispered as the blonde lowered her head, long hair covering her face.

“What? What is?”

“Had I not been born she..."

“Tara?” Willow wanted to twist her around, to look into her eyes. But Tara’s eyes remained downcast.

“You don’t know.”

“I know you. I know you meant to her just as much as she means to you. She loved you.”

“She got worse because of me. I weakened her and-”

Not being able to take the self-flagellation anymore, Willow reached over and gently turned Tara’s face towards her. “Tare, what are you talking about?”

“The doctors w-warned her after Donny not to have more children.” Tears brimmed, “She’d had a difficult pregnancy with him and kn-knew another baby would harm her even if she had the child during one of her periods of remission…” Tara rarely spoke of her mother’s illness and when she did it was usually in passing. Nothing heavy. Willow knew this was not one of those times. Something must have triggered this conversation and the only answer she could come up with was Beth must have said something, something extremely hurtful. After all, Willow had felt Tara’s grief all the way across camp. She could still see it in her lover’s face. “Willow… I’m so scared.”

What could she do? What could she say? How could she take away Tara’s anguish? “Why?”

“She was twenty when…” tormented, blue eyes turned away.

The redhead knew what she was going to say. Tara’s mother had been diagnosed with Lupus at 20. She also knew that lupus could have a genetic basis but that it wasn’t medically confirmed. She’d asked Ms. Calendar about it at the infirmary, read the medical books stored there, searched the internet on Oz’s computer in his hut.

Willow didn’t know what it had been like for Tara growing up with a sickly mother. A mother who worsened every year, whose deterioration destroyed all of them as much as it destroyed herself. Seventeen years of pain and heartache, not only for her but her whole family She wasn’t aware that the blonde’s father hadn’t always been an acrid man. Not at all. Tara’s childhood memories of him were really what kept her near her father to this day. Once upon a time he had been caring and loving, even doting. He’d been a real father, a true one. But, the toll of his wife’s illness was what embittered him. The sicker she got the more he rejected the world. And it was sad, very sad. Tara knew every time he looked at her, with her blue eyes and blonde hair, the similar features of mother and child, he thought of her. Of her life, her death, her magick. The magick she refused to use to heal herself. That was when the magick became evil. When Tara and her power unwittingly became evil.

Her mother’s journey first started with skin rashes and muscle pain, then the fatigue and headaches set in. After a few years of misdiagnosis the chest pains began and her kidneys flared. Ultimately the seizures started and her mental health deteriorated. For 17 years she lived with Lupus. She’d have her good days and bad days. But there had been a bit of joy sprinkled in between. Certain dates Tara remembered when her mother wasn’t ill at all, weeks of remission her mother would call her ‘quiet periods’. Tara’s first menstruation, her first Wiccan ceremony, her first crush, her first heartbreak. She’d been there for all of that. But now, now when it really mattered, when Tara was finally in love, when Tara was completely happy in her life- with a job, a girlfriend- her mother was not here to share it with her. Tara hated that and Tara hated herself more for robbing her mother’s life.

“Tara, it wasn’t your fault. These things happen. They just do.” Willow began to get desperate at seeing her lover expressing such regret. “Tare Bear, listen to me, you were a gift you know it. You made your mother very happy. You still make her happy. She’s still here with you. She’ll always be with you and will always take care of you and you- You make a place in your heart for her. It's sort of like she becomes part of you. In the things she showed you and taught you… The way you live your life. Does that make sense?” She caught up with her breathing while thinking she sounded like the biggest dummy in the history of humankind. “I know I can't, on some level... it's like my opinion isn't worth anything because I haven't been through... I didn't lose my mom, so I don't know...”

Tara’s teary eyes bored into Willow’s, her voice laced with tender awe. “When did you become big knowledge woman?” With that and a light chuckle from both she kissed her sweetheart firmly on the lips and hugged her tight. “I love you so much, Willow. You’re like my own angel.”

“Oh, baby.” Willow’s lips didn’t want to stop kissing her, her arms didn’t want to stop holding her. So, she didn’t. Not until the bells chimed and break time was over.

“So, anything on what happened with Beth earlier today?” Buffy asked her best friend as they sat on ‘their’ campfire log later that evening. It had been a long afternoon with their boisterous campers and this respite before the midnight raids began was a welcomed one.

“No. I didn’t want to get all nosey on her.” The redhead didn’t want to necessarily fib to Buffy like that but it wasn’t a complete lie. After their conversation about Tara’s mother, the young blonde shifted back and forth for a while between tears and bouts of pulling herself together. It was the most difficult thing Willow had ever seen. Someone she cared for so deeply, so definitely, was hurting and Willow didn’t know how to act, what to say. “It took a while to calm her down.”

“With some Willow kissage?” Even by firelight, Buffy could see Willow blush. “Please, you two didn’t even notice I left.”

“We did too.”

“Did not.”

“Did too!”

“Can I play?” Xander suddenly ran up and sat next to Willow, bumping her forward and almost off the log.

“Xander!” the two girls yelled at the same time.

He simply snickered as he extended his hand and stole a marshmallow from Willow, taking a bite of it. “Sorry I’ve got some unresolved sexual tension built up and I’m all twitchy.”

“Unresolved sexual tension?” Buffy eyed him.

“Yeah, you and Willow don’t have to worry about it ‘cause you’ve got Riley and Will’s got Tara.”

“See!” Buffy pointed her finger at her best friend, “Everyone knows about Willow kissage.”

“Shush you!”

“Oh please,” Xander continued oblivious to the redheads discomfort. “You two are always all glowy. Are you going to eat that?” He pointed over to Buffy’s chocolate bar and grabbed it without a response from the Slayer.

With her stealthy speed, she quickly reached over and snatched her candy from Xander’s hands. “Mine. Thank you.”

“Hey!” he complained even though he knew he had no right to.

“Where’s lovergirl?” The Slayer kidded around with her friend.

Xander’s face betrayed his clashing emotions, “Is Anya European? I mean, she’s all- It’s like all she thinks about is sex.”

“And the problem for you is…?”

He huffed in mock anger before replying, “That is my job! I’m the man in the relationship, not her. Not that there is a relationship or anything. She’s just my date for the banquet but to her it’s like if we’re going steady. I am certainly not going to jump her bones just because she wants me and practically attacks me every time we’re alone. Which she does and it’s making me all-“

Buffy knew he was venturing in over share territory. “We get the picture, Xand.”

“Loud and clear.” Willow agreed.

“What the hell was I thinking saying yes to Anya?” he sighed.

“How exactly did that happen, Xander?”

“Erm… I’m not really sure. She was talking, as usual, about the male species and suddenly said she did not have a date for the banquet.”

“Really?”

Xander nodded, imitating Anya’s curt manner of speaking, “You're not quite as obnoxious as most of the alpha males around here. Will you go with me?”

“Great sales pitch there.”

Xander chuckled at Willow’s humor. “I know. I told her one of us is very confused, and I honestly don’t know which. She, however, took that as a ‘yes’.”

As he watched his two friends laugh at him Xander couldn’t help but think Anya wasn’t that bad. Really. Although she was brutally honest about her opinions and what she wanted, there was something alluring about her. Sort of like Cordelia. “I guess… I just recently broke up with Cordy and things are still weird.” His demeanor quickly changed as he stared into the bonfire.

Even though Cordelia’s actions towards Willow were inexcusable, deep down he was still in love with her. Maybe not love. Lust. For sure it was lust. Even so, a part of him still hurt. He didn’t understand why Cordelia was so mean to everyone, especially his best friend. But no matter how hot Cordelia Chase was, Willow would always be more important to him than any fling. Even if he did have lovey, lusty feelings for them.

Buffy and Willow looked at each other during his contemplation. “Well,” Buffy broke the silence, “Think of it this way, Xand. This whole deal may wake Cordy up to the fact she cannot treat people like she treats them. It’s like a learning experience or something.”

Still emotionally drained from the afternoon, Willow sadly kicked some dirt with her tennis shoe into the direction of the fire, “I’m sorry you’re hurting because of me.” She curled her arms around herself a bit tighter and sniffled. It was hard enough to know that Beth would most definitely hold her and Tara’s relationship against her own cousin. The last thing she wanted was Xander upset because of her as well.

“Will?” He looked back at his friend since kindergarten. He’d seen Willow pout many times before and rationalized there was a lot more to Willow’s dejected mood than his personal ramblings. He knew it’d been an emotional roller coaster for her this summer and gathered now was not the time for his self-wallowing. Xander lovingly wrapped his arms around the redhead's shoulders, “I love you, Willow. You’re the bestest friend anyone can have.”

Buffy joined in on the group hug, “And I love you too, Wills.”

Small tears rolled down Willow’s freckled cheek. “You guys.” She smiled, finding it difficult to wipe the tears away since her arms were currently held captive by both Buffy and Xander’s hug. After a few seconds of silence, she cleared her throat. “I think I’m going to, uh- I’m going to go back to the cabin.”

“Nooo.” her friends whined, as their arms enveloping her tighter, not letting her go just yet.

“I should get some sleep.”

“What about the s’mores?” Buffy asked, wondering how could anyone pass up s’mores?

“Too much sugary goodness makes me spazzy. More so than usual.” She said as she glanced at her friends. “Uh, hello, guys… oxygen becoming an issue here.”

The pair of them slowly withdrew themselves from the embrace and, as if both had the same thought at the same time, they began to tickle Willow. Jostling the redhead off the log and onto the ground, the two began an all out tickle fest.

“Hands!”, the redhead managed to splutter within her bouts of laughter, “Hands in new places!”

“That wasn’t me!,” Xander was quick to clarify, holding his hands up for elucidation and pushing away from the ladies.

“It’s not my fault your boob squirmed into me.” Buffy giggled, “I never knew you were such a breast girl, Wills.”

“Naughty thoughts!” Xander panted as he helped both girls off the ground, “I say this with all the love for you in my heart, Buffy- Please stop talking.”

Willow looked at the smiling faces of her two best friends as everyone brushed off the dirt from their clothes and felt teary eyed again, “I just wanted to… Thank you. For everything.” After hugging both good night as tightly as she could to express her love and gratitude, Willow left the campfire area in silent meditation.

As soon as the redhead was far enough away, Xander turned to Buffy and asked, “Things ok with our brave little toaster?”

The Slayer was already skewering her marshmallows as she readied to make s’mores, “They will be. I just know it.”

Post subject: Part 2
PostPosted: Mon Sep 20, 2004 10:38 pm 

To say Willow was excited to see Tara again the next afternoon for their riding lessons was an understatement. The redhead had woken up with a sense of contentment she hadn’t felt in a long time. Weeks of emotional turmoil and uncertainty were gone. Things were rolling along perfectly in her relationship with Tara. Her girlfriend had not only gotten the job she wanted but also would be living closer to Sunnydale. To Willow. They would spend weekends together, holidays, birthdays-

“What’s up with the chaperone?” Buffy’s curious words drew the redhead out of her internal babble fest.

It had been slow to get the campers up the hill towards the stables after lunch that day. After all, buffet day always convinced everyone to eat too much. Today was no exception. Willow herself knew she could have gone without that second helping of cake.

She looked up towards the barn and noticed Donny playing with some rope just outside the entrance. It had been tied into a loop and he was lassoing it around, trying to catch an imaginary something. “I don’t know.” She said under her breath, hoping her intense dislike of Tara’s brother was not evident.

A fleeting Donny smirk gave Willow the chills, once they finally approached the stables. Her thoughts quickly turned to her lover. She knew Tara was working today otherwise they would have made an announcement in the morning. ‘That’s what the morning announcements are for’ Willow opined.

In the hustle and bustle of campers arriving, Tara kept her distance. From inside the barn, she could see Willow’s curious face and Buffy’s doubting one gazing at her brother. Her eyes took in the Willowshaped body that took her breath away, the red hair she loved to play with, the arms that lovingly held her, the jeans that cupped her butt so well. Tara’s eyes quickly glanced over at Donny who was now busy playfighting with one of the campers and giving him a raspberry on his head.

Before she could turn away and head further back into the stables unnoticed, Willow’s green eyes met with her blue. The smile that lit up her girlfriend’s face was priceless but the short walk Willow was making over towards her was heartbreaking. With Donny there, she knew it would be impossible to talk to her, to explain. None of it made sense- Beth’s betrayal, her father’s reprimand, her brother’s pleasure in helping with the punishment. “I c-can’t.” she murmured once Willow was near enough to hear, her head uncharacteristically ducked at her lover.

“Huh?” Extremely confused by her demeanor, Willow pressed, “Tara? Can’t what?”

“Not now, Will.” The blonde voiced, pained, as she started to back away form her lover to help the campers with their horses. To do her job. To get Donny off her back.

In step with her, a curious Willow asked again, “Tara?”

“Hey, Rosenberg.” Donny’s voice interrupted the conversation Willow was striving to have with his sister, “Your allergy medicine must be working overtime.” He spoke as he strolled over to her, slow and watchful. “Being in the stables and all. Surrounded by hay.” He observed the angry look on the redhead’s face after his comment, how her body stood rigid, her fists almost clenching at his teasing.

Donny’d never liked Willow Rosenberg to begin with, never able to quite pinpoint why. Granted she was a dork, but there was more than just that. And now that he knew she was perverting his sister, making her fall in love with another girl, making her believe her magic was not evil, that she was not evil, he hated her even more.

Last night, when Beth reported to his father what had happened in the barn yesterday, Donny flew into a rage. Seeing his father’s composed reaction to the whole story made him even more upset. He didn’t understand why his father wasn’t punishing Tara more severely, why he didn’t simply prohibit her from working in the camp, why he was still letting her work in Ojai when the summer was over. He couldn’t accept his dad’s even-tempered demeanor as he explained to a weeping Tara about the new rules to her employment at Camp Flutie- how she was to be accompanied at all times and cut all ties to Rosenberg and that group of deviants. He felt it had always been like this- unfair. Tara constantly got away with an inconsiderable reprimand while he got the worst from his father.

He observed those Willow-y wide, green eyes silently ask Tara a question and quickly glanced over to his sister, “I think you’re done here, Tare. Help get the rugrats ready. We’re leaving in five.”

Willow could not believer her ears. Something inside her snapped, “You’re not the boss of her.” She heard herself say without realizing her mouth had spoken any words.

Tara was shocked mute, her body still, her mind bewildered by the fact Willow was standing up to her brother like that. Inwardly she wished for her to stop, to not make a fuss, to not create a scene. Donny had a short fuse and his wrath scared her. Always. She grew anxious for his reaction while speechlessly pleading for Willow to just walk away, not matter how hopeless that seemed.

After an inward huff at the redhead, Donny’s blue eyes bore into hers, “Tara, if you don't get going I swear by God I'm gonna beat you down.” His manner was a warning, leaving no room for doubt.

His tone and words further infuriated Willow. She could feel a thing rising in her, a little spark of anger turning into an all out wild fire of hatred. “And I swear by your full and pre pubescent beard you're gonna break something trying.” Not only was she dazed by her retort but also stunned by the energy, the magic mounting inside her. She knew it wasn’t right. It didn’t feel right. It wasn’t the loving, silky feeling she got when practicing with Tara or by herself. It was dark, and gross. And, it was going to take all her willpower to calm herself down.

Buffy had not realized her best friend was nowhere near her, and not helping the campers get ready for their riding lesson, until a rumble in her belly warned her that something was definitely wrong. Her spidery senses went on overload. Turning towards the front of the barn she saw Willow and Donny partaking in a stare-fest and Tara nearby with a look of panic crossing her delicate features. With the campers busy and unaware, knowing trouble was brewing, she did what she always did- she headed straight for it.

“What’s going on?” The Slayer asked as nonchalantly as she could once she’d reached the three of them. The strained atmosphere surrounding the group was palpable. It was stronger than she could ever imagine.

“Rosenberg here is getting all large with the butch.” Tara’s brother chuckled, knowing it would infuriate the redhead even more. “She must be the man in the relationship.” He could see the animosity boiling, her frail body shaking a bit, her emerald eyes tearing.

“Donny.” Tara’s voice warned. She could feel it, she could feel Willow’s power. The intensity, the murkiness increasing. It was making her nauseous. Not just the fact Willow was capable of such dark energy, but her feeling of helplessness. She knew she would never use magic against her own brother, no matter how much he deserved it and how much she wanted to freeze his vocal chords at this very moment.

Knowing he was treading in deep water, he snickered a laugh. “What?” he asked, playing innocent. He knew he had an advantage over the situation since Tara never used her magic on him, on no one. Ever. She was just going to get all flustered as she always did and shrink into herself.

In her head all Willow could think of was turning Donny into a lizard, an insect, anything. Buffy’s hand on her arm did nothing to comfort her, nothing to stop those thoughts of transmutation. Tara’s mournful eyes made it even worse.

As painful as it was, Tara took two steps towards her love, aware any moment now that either Donny or Willow would do or say something they would really regret. Cautiously, she reached over to squeeze Willow’s trembling hand. The lightning rod of energy that transferred to her was frightening. It was dark, it was intense. Tara sadly looked at Willow, her own eyes ready to cry at seeing Willow’s cloudy green ones. “Will… You sh-should… go.” Her heart broke with every single word she uttered, her throat burned.

Quickly wiping an escaped tear with her free hand, Willow was even more confused. “Go?”

Buffy, however, understood Tara’s words and actions. She knew the blond witch could also sense Willow’s negative energy, her untamed power. She knew if she didn’t get her friend out of there soon something magically bad would happen and that would not be good at all. “Come on,” she prodded gently.

“What?” Willow was dumbfounded, flustered by everyone’s statements and behavior, her gaze turning from Buffy to Tara.

“Get the hell out of here.” Donny clarified. “And, if I were you, I’d stay as far away from my sister as possible.”

“That is enough!” Tara’s tone towards her brother was strong, absolute. Even Willow and Buffy were surprised by it. Catching herself, the blonde quickly looked down to the ground, chastising herself for her outburst. Looking back up to the two girls she sighed, her somber frown and sorrowful eyes explaining more than words could at that moment.

Understanding, Buffy voiced softly, “Let’s go, Will.”

Once outside the barn Willow ran down the hill as fast as she could, Buffy trailing behind. Her head was cloudy, her eyes full of unshed tears, her breathing heavy. “I… Wh-wh… Buff?” she sputtered once they reached the main trail which lead back to Camp Flutie.

Registering the troubled timbre of her voice, Buffy grew more concerned. “Will?” She was visibly shaking, sweat beads gathering above her forehead. “Are you ok?” She rolled her eyes, it seemed like the stupidest question in the world at that very moment.

“No.” was Willow’s obvious reply. She ran off towards the woods lining the dirt road and bent over, prepaired to throw up.

“Oh god.” Buffy whispered, seeing the redhead heaving over and over again, nothing coming out, “Willow?!”

“No.” she gasped, holding out her hand behind her to stop Buffy from nearing her. “It’s not… me.”

“What do you mean?” She lowered herself towards her friend, attempting to hear what Willow was trying to say, “What?”

“Magic.” Tara’s soothing voice from behind startled the two of them, “Breathe, Willow.” She spoke very softly, moving in front of Buffy, her loving hands delicately rubbing her girlfriend’s back.

“Tara.” Willow’s throat spasmed, her lungs felt like fire was consuming them. Her legs gave way underneath her lithe body and she slumped to the ground.

Tara’s strong hands guarded her fall and she sat down alongside her. The pained voice, the shaking body, the obvious fury was breaking her up inside. “Breathe, Willow, just breathe. It’ll be ok, baby.”

“What are you doing here? What about Donny?” Buffy asked as she watched a devoted Tara trying to help a shivering, crying Willow.

“I’m still there.”

“How?”

“I’m projecting.” The answer did not make any sense to the Slayer, but Tara had no time to explain. “You should go back, Buffy. He’ll just think Willow’s run off.”

“What’s going on?”

“The magic… Her anger…”

Buffy had never seen the shy witch furrow her eyebrows in displeasure before. “Will she be all right?” she motioned to a still distraught Willow.

“I’m gonna take care of her.”

The Slayer was looking for a positive answer, not an elusive one. “What about you?” Buffy still did not understand how Tara could be in two places at once, if she was at all.

“Don’t worry. Go.”

Buffy turned back to her friend. “I’m here for you, Will.” Willow nodded daintily in between deep gulps of air, thankful for both. “I’ll be back.”

After Buffy left, Willow peered at Tara, tears forming in her green eyes again. “I’m sorry. I’m so sorry.”

“Shhh, baby. It’s ok.” Tara could still sense the power in her lover; it was waning, but still there. She was debating on using her own magic to calm her further but thought firmly against it. Dark magic was never a good source to tap into, especially if you were trying to help dissipate it. You never knew when it would turn on you.

“I got so mad… I…”

“It’s ok.” She ran her fingers through her girlfriend’s red tresses.

Willow’s breathing was coming in normal now, her lungs clearing up, her head pounding less and less. “No, it’s not, Tara.” Her eyes were still teary, her hands still rubbing the tears away but her desire to burn something to a fried crisp was dwindling. “I almost turned your brother into a reptile!”

“You’re right, it’s not.” Tara’s own emotions were high. She was disappointed with Willow’s flare-up, furious with her brother, exasperated with everyone and everything that had been happening the last few weeks. It felt to her like things were falling apart just when they were starting to get so good. Willow looked up at her, ready to cry again. Tara’s heartstrings were tugged at by such a pure, angelic visage. She knew Willow hadn’t meant for any of this to happen, she didn’t know about the effects of anger in association with her magic, she wasn’t a trained witch. “But you didn’t. You didn’t turn him into a snake.”

“Lizard, actually. Too many witnesses.”

Willow’s attempt at a joke did not go over very well. “It’s not funny, Willow. You could have hurt yourself. You could have hurt Donny… Me.”

“I’d never hurt you.”

“Not on purpose but-“

“I’d never hurt you, Tara.”

Tara’s sad smile was followed by a mild sigh. She knew Willow was telling her the truth, she could see it in her face, feel it all over her body. Her eyes turned to the ground in front of them, “Seeing you like that hurts me.”

“I…” The redhead didn’t know just how to reply to that statement. “I’m sorry. He was being horrible to you.” Thinking about it was making her mad all over again. “I couldn’t just…”

“Let me handle it?”

“What?” That wasn’t at all what she was trying to say, “No.”

“You don’t understand him, Willow. You don’t know.”

Tara’s far away look was of no comfort to the redhead. “Then, explain. Tell me.”

“It’s not that easy.”

“Why not?”

The blonde felt childish for turning away from her girlfriend in an attempt to end the conversation. “Because it just isn’t.”

Willow remembered the last time she had seen Tara this upset and it troubled her. It was that night they spoke about her family, when Willow wondered if Tara was physically afraid of her father and brother. Donny's statement earlier left some room for her to doubt Tara's answer from that evening.

“Tara?” she questioned as her hand reached over to hold Tara’s quivering one. The touch instantly calmed her. Carefully, she held it up to her lips and kissed it. The scent of vanilla lotion infiltrated her essence, it tingled her belly, made her feel safe. Willow couldn’t help but shuffle her lover close and hold her tight.

Tara’s voice was low and tender as her fingers lovingly caressed Willow’s freckled face. “My father knows about us, Willow. He knows.” Tara’s blue eyes bore into Willow’s green, the worry and frustration was clearly evident. “I’m not allowed to see you. Or talk to you… I cant be anywhere near you… Alone.” She clarified.

“What?”

“That’s why Donny’s here…” Again, she looked away. “I don’t understand. He hates me so much.” Like her father, Donny’s disposition changed as their mother declined in health. Adding a sick mother to the normal teen-aged boy angst and rebellious animosity towards the world had not been helpful. It seemed the wilder he got, the more introverted Tara became. The more trouble he got into, the less problems Tara caused. She was the innocent daughter while he became the troubled son. “He was so mad last night. Like… I don’t get him at all.”

“He’s just jealous.” Willow delicately turned Tara’s face back towards her own, “You’re beautiful and lovable and tender and affectionate and… Perfect.” She’d accentuated each ‘and’ statement with a kiss on Tara’s full lips.

Tara shook her head with a sad smile. “I’m far from perfect.”

“See? That's where you're a dummy. I think about what you grew up with, and then look at what you are... it makes me proud. It makes me love you more.”

Tara was amazed. She’d come here to help Willow, to comfort her and here she was making her feel better. “You always make me feel special. How do you do that?”

“Magic.”

TBD...

PostPosted: Mon Sep 20, 2004 10:59 pm 
:bounce You did it!

Yay! That's great!

I will have to reread the hole thing first, just wanted to let you know, that I'm really glad, to see this one back.

I'm doing a little happy-dance, See: :pinky

Insanity

German Fanfiction

It's always sudden! Tara; the body

Post subject: Camp Flutie Returns!!
PostPosted: Mon Sep 20, 2004 11:14 pm 
OMG you finally updated!!!

What a wonderful surprise to see this long and extremely emotional update. It was so well done that my heart was aching right along with theirs. Stupid Maclay men!

It was touching to see Willow stand up for Tara but the magic, as we all know, is scary for Willow when she gets like that.

I absolutely loved how you worked in the lines from the show, done so perfectly.

Beautiful job. Please don't make us wait long for the next one.

Wimpy

Post subject: Re: Part 2
PostPosted: Tue Sep 21, 2004 5:20 am 
An update :thud ... i'm in shock... well good to have u back... great update... i hate donny

-reds:willow

my banana dances for smut :banana

Tara in a wet shirt, Tara in a wet shirt. Tara in. A. Wet. Shirt. “Of course.”-Willow From Remember to Breath By Yellow Crayon

Now that just sucks- me

PostPosted: Tue Sep 21, 2004 12:10 pm 
omg i thought i was hallucinating there for a second...but im not!! you updated!! and updated wonderfully at that. i feel so bad for tara. i really think youve captured her struggles with her 'family' well...now lets just keep the updates a flowin'! lol

~mel:kdevil

'The Cat in the Hat' is fine, just not during sex.--Alyson Hannigan

Post subject: Re: Camp Flutie, Part Two
PostPosted: Wed Jun 27, 2012 5:49 pm 
2. Floating Rose

(to whoever that wish to answer) This fic ends here?... Or can i find the rest somewhere else?... Being in the finished fic archive means that is completed or just that the author wont write anymore?... To Rane (if you still check this): If this fic ends here i just wanna thank you for the marvelous stories, love your writing, give me wonderful evenings reading your work, especially Camp Flutie so thank you, good luck and best wishes. \m/-___-\m/

PostPosted: Wed Aug 14, 2013 9:01 am 
1. Blessed Wannabe

Whaaaat I've been reading camP flutie for the past few days where's the rest T.T!!?
Anyways thank you for what you've written I thorough-fully enjoy it you're amazing!

PostPosted: Fri Sep 22, 2017 5:47 pm 
1. Blessed Wannabe

What the hell days of reading and it just ends like that ?? Well that was pointless .. Great story but horrible ending

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 869 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 25, 26, 27, 28, 29