The Kitten, the Witches and the Bad Wardrobe - Willow & Tara Forever

General Chat  || Kitten  || WaV  || Pens  || Mi2  || GMP  || TiE  || FAQ  || Feed - The Kitten, the Witches and the Bad Wardrobe

All times are UTC - 8 hours [ DST ]

Post subject: 2012 Summer Challenge: 2001 Redux--The Winner is!
PostPosted: Thu Jul 12, 2012 7:43 pm 
7. Teeny Tinkerbell Light

Topics: 10
Well hello there! Long time no see, challenge-eager kittens!

If you missed the discussion over in the polls and in on Facebook, there was some concern that having a monthly challenge was too much. So instead, I'm going to try for about every three months. This is totally adjustable, so I invite readers and writers to let me know what you guys think.

For this summer challenge, we'll be setting the wayback machine to 30 June 2001 for some summertime challenge-y inspiration. Now that challenge had a lot of guidelines! This year's challenge has a shorter list of requirements, but if you're looking for inspiration, there's a big ole heap of ideas in there.

You challenge, should you choose to accept it, is to write a story that fits the board rules and following criteria:
1) Takes place during the summer. In true Sunnydale fashion, this means no baddies.
2) There must be some sort of party.
3) All of the Scoobies (including Spike!) must appear, at least in a walk-on role. It would be a crummy party if they weren't all there, wouldn't it?
4) Willow must babble, but you may not use the word "babble." Or "ramble." Or any other synonym. Show it, ladies and germs.
5) Miss Kitty must appear, because she's adorable.
6) There must be a dare.

The story may be as long or short as you want, so long as it fits within one post.

One of the things I'm less certain about is when to end the challenge. I mean, okay, holding them every three months: does that mean keeping them open for three months? One month? I'm thinking of trying a rolling closing date. The challenge will stay open for a base of two weeks. Anytime someone posts an entry, the closing date will be reset to two weeks from that day, or three months from the original challenge date (in this case, 12 October 2012). What do people think about that?

This challenge is dedicated to drlloyd11 and dtburanek, whose tireless efforts prodded me from my den of "crap, bronchitis sucks" and got me to post this. Thanks guys, I needed the pushing.

Post subject: Re: 2012 Summer Challenge: 2001 Redux
PostPosted: Fri Jul 13, 2012 7:36 am 
32. Kisses and Gay Love

Topics: 7
How about 6 weeks open? That means 6 weeks open and 6 weeks to wish we'd posted or think about what was posted and anticipate the next challenge? Plus that would be 42 days.

PostPosted: Fri Jul 13, 2012 2:37 pm 
8. Vixen

Topics: 3
I agree with Deb.

Just a flat six weeks, if the deadline rolls it could conceivably keep rolling as entries trickle in.. or not. Six weeks seems like a large enough window to submit something.

"Dry Heat – In Progress (still)" "Penny Arcade - Completed"
My Fic Challenge entries:
"Fireworks" "Promise" "I Did What Last Night?"

PostPosted: Fri Jul 13, 2012 4:24 pm 
20. Not one Much for the Timber

Topics: 15
I third that!

"Transform your pain. Release your past. And ... uh ... get over it."
~Willow, Where The Wild Things Are

PostPosted: Fri Jul 13, 2012 11:37 pm 
4. Extra Flamey

Topics: 3
Just out of wonderment, is there a rating restriction on the Fic challenge (i.e is NC-17 allowed or do we have to keep things in the PG to PG-13 range?)

I am really looking forward to reading the entries :bounce

PostPosted: Sat Jul 14, 2012 12:02 am 

Bellalocke wrote:
Just out of wonderment, is there a rating restriction on the Fic challenge (i.e is NC-17 allowed or do we have to keep things in the PG to PG-13 range?)

Any rating is fine, so long as you put it in the heading of your entry. The important part is transparency.

Also, six weeks seems reasonable. Anyone disagree?

PostPosted: Wed Jul 25, 2012 8:16 pm 
28. Com...plete

Who all is included in "all of the Scoobies"? Folks like Oz, Angel, and Riley, or just core Scoobies plus Spike (and Tara, obviously)? (A list might be helpful.)

I hope, we'll have more happy ever after
I hope, we can all live more fearlessly...

~Jas

PostPosted: Wed Aug 01, 2012 5:05 am 
10. Troll Hammer

Topics: 444
CrazyTaraWitch wrote:
Who all is included in "all of the Scoobies"? Folks like Oz, Angel, and Riley, or just core Scoobies plus Spike (and Tara, obviously)? (A list might be helpful.)

None of the stories in the challenge from 2001 had Riley and he was *in* the show.
Ditto Oz.
I think Buffy/Dawn/Willow/Tara/Xander/Anya and spike is more than enough.

Edited to add..
On an unrelated side note, my entry to this contest will be up tonight :)

PostPosted: Wed Sep 19, 2012 2:11 pm 
Ms. Moderator Fantastico
Ms. Moderator Fantastico

Topics: 53
Okay so drlloyd asked if I could write something for this, so I said I'd give it a shot. It's very short and I just wrote it in the last couple of hours, but hey, it's an entry...and it's just skirting in near the end of summer, right? It's set in the summer between season 4 and season 5 and is pretty tame, PG/PG-13.

A Witch’s Best Friend

“Will, honey, I think that’s enough.”

Willow spun around, a dangerous activity to do when you were standing on top of a chair trying to hang a banner from the ceiling, but managed to just stumble once and not actually fall.

“Are you sure? Like really sure? Because I want it to be perfect. It needs to be perfect. I mean, she deserves it to be perfect. She does, she really, really does, like so much, so, so much. She’s helped us, god has she helped us, changed our life really, and been so nice and sweet and she deserves to be welcomed! I mean, she just showed up and la, la, la, we didn’t even introduce her to anyone or make her feel like she even mattered!”

Tara took a long, slow breath, then plucked Miss Kitty Fantastico from the ground as she walked past and nuzzled into her leg.

“Honey,” Tara said calmly, scratching Miss Kitty’s ears to produce a purr, “She’s a kitty cat. And I’m sure she appreciates you throwing a welcome party for her, but let’s not go overboard, okay?”

Willow jumped down from the chair and looked at Tara sheepishly.

“The catnip cookies were too much, wasn’t it?”

Tara glanced at the plate of ‘cookies’ stacked high on the table.

“Well–”

“Or the playlist,” Willow continued, biting the skin around her thumb nervously, “It’s the playlist, isn’t it?”

“Playlist?” Tara asked, at a loss to the latest cat-inspired idea her girlfriend had come up with.

Willow walked over to her laptop and pointed on screen.

“'What’s New, Pussycat', 'Look What the Cat Dragged In', 'Stray Cat Strut'. You know, cat songs.”

“Cat songs,” Tara nodded, wondering if Willow had accidentally hit her head on patrol and neglected to tell her, “Of course.”

Willow could tell Tara was looking at her strangely and dropped her gaze.

“I just wanted it to be special,” she said, somewhat lamely, “Since, you know, we have the space.”

Willow’s parents had left for a summer tour, leaving the whole house free for them to enjoy until school started back again. They’d been taking ample advantage of the space in the few days of being alone they’d had, but had spent the entire afternoon preparing for the ‘Welcome Miss Kitty’ party Willow had become hell-bent on having, to the point of obsession.

Tara wasn’t sure why Willow was going to so much trouble, but could tell it was important, so went along with her.

“It will be, sweetie. I finished those balloons you asked me to blow up.”

Willow’s face lit up and she started to bounce on the balls of her feet.

“I’m going to tie them around the place with yarn!”

She scurried off to do just that and Tara sat down on the sofa with Miss Kitty, playing with her.

“Your other mommy is a little crazy. But we love her, yes we do. Yes we do, we love her lots.”

The kitten gently pawed Tara’s face, oblivious to all the fuss going on around them in her name. After a little while, a knock came to the door and Willow skidded back into the room in a panic.

“Here! People are here! Turn on the music, quick!”

Tara left the kitten down to roam free and leaned over to try and turn the music off, but Willow’s laptop may as well have been a NASA control panel.

“Um, Willow…”

Willow, getting even more flustered, came over to switch roles.

“Answer the door, answer the door!”

Tara diligently went off to answer the door, and smiled shyly at Xander and Anya when she opened it.

“H-hi. Come in.”

“See, Xander, I told you they’d be clothed,” Anya commented as she walked in on Xander’s arm, rolling her eyes, “And I’m the one who doesn’t understand social cues.”

“Can’t blame a guy for hoping when he’s invited to a ‘pussy party’,” Xander mumbled under his breath, before brightening when he saw the plate on the table, “Ooh, cookies!”

Tara was blushing and wishing she hadn’t picked up the first part of his sentence, but did manage to grab his hand before the cookie reached his mouth.

“Don’t,” she said with a serious look, “Trust me.”

Xander dropped the cookie, unsure what he was saved from but thankful nonetheless.

Anya pranced into the room and looked around at the decorations curiously.

“I’ve never been to a cat party before. Do we cook them?” she asked them, hoping she could be helpful, “I have an old family recipe for a delicious cat stew.”

Willow looked absolutely horrified, so Xander tugged his girlfriend away before a ‘cat-fight’ broke out. He grinned at his own thought and sat Anya down on his knee.

“We just listen to music…and don’t eat the cookies apparently.”

“The drinks are safe,” Tara whispered to them on the way to comfort Willow.

Buffy and Giles arrived separately though not far apart over the next little while, Giles out of his comfort zone, though Willow had insisted as many friends as possible were there. Tara played the part of hostess getting everyone drinks and finding some edible snacks.

Willow followed her around, keen to make sure the guests were all properly attended to.

“Do you think it’s going well?” she asked when they were alone in the kitchen, her eyes vulnerable, “Do you think…do you think Miss Kitty likes it?”

Tara opted not to point out that Miss Kitty had taken home in the back yard when the music had started, instead just gently rubbing her back.

“I’m sure she loves it.”

There was another knock at the door and Tara went to get it, pressing a kiss to Willow’s cheek on the way.

She didn’t Willow her touch the spot she’d kissed, or the few tears that were wiped away after.

“M-Mr. Spike,” Tara said cautiously as the opened the door to the bleached-blonde vampire.

“Ms. Maclay,” Spike greeted cordially, but got impatient quickly, “What’s a vamp got to do to get an invite these days?”

Tara remained hesitant.

“Um…”

Willow appeared a second later, concerned when Tara hadn’t returned.

“Baby, what’s wro–” she started, then scowled when she saw Spike, “What the frilly hell are you doing here?”

“Heard there’s a party,” Spike replied with a nonchalant nod, “I was told there’d be kittens.”

Willow’s eyes narrowed.

“What do you want with my kitten?”

“A man can’t have a love for the fuzzies?” Spike asked in a mock-hurt tone.

Willow crossed her arms over her chest and stood in front of Tara protectively.

“You’re not touching my kitten.”

Spike decided it was probably best not to get on the wrong side of a witch by stealing her kitten for poker, but couldn’t say that was the only reason he’d called over as he tried to look around the door into the room.

“Calm down, love,” he said, dropping the bud of his cigarette and stepping on it, “Slayer here? Could do with someone to torment.”

Willow threw her hands in the air, much too wound up to be dealing with Spike.

“Oh for god sake, come in then, but don’t touch Miss Kitty or me and Tara will show you the dusty end of our powers!”

Spike grinned and forced his way past them, straight to lean against the bookshelf near where Buffy was standing, eating from a large bowl of chips.

“No boy-toy tonight?”

Buffy’s immediate response was to ignore Spike, but was happy to shove Riley’s new dedication to the cause in his face.

“He’s reading some of Giles’s books,” she answered smugly, “Wants to be more involved with the slaying.”

Spike scoffed, but looked as if his pride had been hurt, though didn’t get a chance to dwell as Willow suddenly burst into the room, eyes wide in alarm.

“Tara! We didn’t invite her kitten friends!”

Tara went to her and discreetly rub her back.

“She doesn’t have kitten friends, sweetie.”

“Well then we should help find her some!” Willow all but yelled, causing everyone in the room to go completely silent.

Willow looked around at the eyes of her, some of concern, some of pity and started to yell again.

“Why are you all looking at me like I’m insane! I’m not insane! I just want her to feel welcome, okay? I just want to feel like she’s important, because she is, she’s so important! More important than anything in the whole world, more important than school even! And none of you even realise how important and wonderful and precious and lovely she is and it sucks, it just sucks, and it’s all my fault, all totally and completely my fault because I didn’t make a big deal when I should of and I made it seem unimportant and god, why am I so stupid, why am I always so stupid, stupid, stupid!”

Xander stood up and put a tentative hand on Willow’s shoulder.

“Willow, it’s just a kitten.”

Willow shrugged his hand off aggressively.

“She’s not just a kitten, she’s the love of my life!”

Everyone but Tara looked completely baffled.

“Uh, Willow, I know I’ve attracted a few demons in my time, but even I think that’s a little weird,” Xander said, before clearing his throat when a girlfriend-sized glare was shot his way, “Demons nice, demons pretty.”

“I don’t mean the cat, I mean Tara!” Willow all but spat out, her tone ashamed and humiliated.

“Sweetie?” Tara asked gently, brushing some hair from Willow’s eyes.

Willow could barely bring herself to look in Tara’s eyes. It had been so easy to fool herself about why she’d wanted this party so badly and had now so easily fallen apart.

“I treated you like dirt when we first got together. Kept you a secret, and hid you. And you were so nice about it, even then. ‘I am, you know. Yours.’,” she said, sniffing back a hit of emotion to stop herself from crying, “You deserve to be shown off and adored. And I do, now, I do, I want everyone to know. I’ll shout it from the rooftops.”

Xander and Buffy exchanged perplexed looks, though Giles and Anya seemed to have figured it out. Giles was kind enough to keep his mouth shut. Anya wasn’t.

“The party was a guise to ease her guilt over mistreating Tara,” she explained to the room, proud to have figured something out.

Willow looked even more humiliated then, but Tara paid no attention to anyone but her.

“Willow, I love you. I’ve always loved you. I always will love you. Don’t beat yourself up about things in the past.”

Buffy was still more than a little confused as to what was happening, but knew a lovey-dovey moment when she saw one and started to make her way towards the door.

“Well, that’s the sound of a freshly risen vamp waiting for my stake to dust him.”

“Wait along, Slayer, there’s some nasties out these parts,” Spike said, following her a little too eagerly, “You need some Big Bad to protect you.”

Buffy didn’t seem quite as enthused but didn’t protest. Giles followed suit and went to put his jacket back on.

“Yes, I’m afraid I have some rather important…scribing to attend to. The work of a Watcher never ends. Lovely tea, Tara, thank you.”

He offered a courteous wave as he departed, leaving just Xander and Anya with the other two who were clearly sharing a moment.

Anya didn’t quite understand why she should leave, but wasn’t all that excited about the cat party anyway.

“Do you want to go have sex in your ice-cream truck?” she asked, turning to Xander.

Xander opened his mouth to speak, then promptly shut it again and jumped up eagerly.

“Bye guys. Uh, great party.”

“I thought you said it was wrong to lie, Xander…” Anya said to him as he pulled her out, the rest of the sentence lost as the door slammed shut leaving them alone.

Tara sat on the nearby sofa and pulled Willow down, then gently took both of her hands.

“I don’t even think about that stuff anymore,” she said softly, “I just think about us.”

Willow wanted to believe that – if Tara could forgive her, maybe she could forgive herself. She looked around at the ridiculously decorated room and shook her head at how absurd she’d been acting.

“We didn’t even get to the party games.”

Tara smiled.

“You organised party games?”

Willow nodded lamely, knowing she deserved the years of teasing she’d probably get.

“Pin the tail on the kitty…Celebrity, but with famous cats, you know Garfield and stuff. I even had a copy of Cats: The Musical shipped out so I could set up a screening.”

Tara squeezed her hand warmly.

“We can still watch it.”

Willow fixed her eyes back on Tara and felt herself falling in love with her all over again. There was no pity or scorn or pity or anything but kindness in those eyes.

“Probably wouldn’t have worked out anyway. Scooby party games always devolve to ‘truth or dare’.”

“What’s that?” Tara asked, happy to see Willow happier than she had all day.

“You’ve never played truth or dare?” Willow asked, her previous worries forgotten in place of disbelief, which only grew as Tara shook her head, “Oh. Well it’s a game…where you either choose truth or dare, and you have to answer a question, truthfully, hence ‘Truth’ or do whatever the person dares you to do, hence ‘Dare’.”

Tara considered that a moment.

“That sounds like it could get a lot of people in a lot of trouble.”

“Yeah, no kidding,” Willow replied with a small laugh, then looked at Tara seriously, “Truth or dare?”

Tara sensed she was supposed to answer this a certain way, and figured it out from the intent look in her girlfriend’s eyes.

“Truth.”

Willow never dropped her gaze, though her heart was pounding in her chest.

“Do you mean it? You don’t resent me for…all of that stuff?”

“Not for a second,” Tara answered genuinely, “Never. Not even when it was happening. You needed time. I had it. I’d wait forever.”

Willow blinked away a few tears and felt that worry lift from her shoulders. She accepted the warm hug that followed and the kisses to her cheeks before Tara smiled at her.

“Truth or dare?”

“Truth,” Willow answered promptly and felt a nose nuzzle.

“Do you love me?” Tara asked softly, her tone indicating she knew and believed the answer already.

“With all my heart,” Willow replied, taking her turn to kiss Tara’s cheeks, “You’re my girl.”

Tara kissed Willow softly.

“Proudly so.”

Willow kissed Tara again, addicted to the feel of those lips on hers. She reached out to shut her laptop and stop the ridiculous music from playing, then started to push Tara down onto the sofa to lie on top of her.

She took a moment to look at Tara’s flushed features and leaned down so their faces were touching.

“Truth or dare?” she asked breathlessly.

Tara felt her lips trembling having Willow so close.

“D-Dare.”

Willow, feeling a boldness she rarely had, sat back on her heels and pulled the two sides of her shirt apart.

“I dare you to make wild, passionate love to me right here, right now.”

Tara’s eyes filled with lust, and she sat up to pull Willow’s shirt from her completely and push her onto her back. They both became instantly distracted by deep, heavy kisses, lost in each other.

So lost that they didn’t notice Miss Kitty had taken refuge from the cold in the now thankfully quiet room, ignoring all of the trinkets and paraphernalia that she could entertain herself for hours with – but none of that was as interesting, apparently, as Tara’s back, which she jumped on top of and started clawing at.

Tara broke the kiss and looked behind herself in surprise, then back at Willow.

“I don’t think Miss Kitty wants us to do this.”

Willow picked the cat up from Tara’s back and gently tossed her down to the floor.

“Miss Kitty, there’s your playground,” she said, then slid her hands down Tara’s arms with a salacious grin, “Miss Maclay, you’re mine.”

The End

Check out my finished fics

Love, The SeriesTwo For Joy/21+/Joy To The WorldInevitable/Infinitely

Confidential EternalA Twisted DateDachsund Through The Snow

PostPosted: Wed Sep 19, 2012 3:20 pm 
4. Extra Flamey

This is great Laragh. Sweet but with a touch of sadness. And of course, as ever with you, the characterisation is pitch perfect. I can't believe you wrote it in a couple of hours.

PostPosted: Sat Sep 22, 2012 4:50 pm 
13. Big Knowledge Woman

Quote:
I can't believe you wrote it in a couple of hours.

I can cause you, Laragh, are in tune with the wavelength that Willow and Tara are on and the rest of the Scooby Gang as adjunct characters naturally fall in line with their characterizations.
I would have loved to have someone dared Tara to make out with the moose hung on the wall; have you seen "Cabin in the Woods'? It is all kinds of awesome.

PostPosted: Thu Sep 27, 2012 9:47 pm 
11. Fish in the Bowl

Topics: 2
Hi Laragh! :bigwave

Loved this - the obsessive planning, themed insanity . . . then the real reason . . poignant and sweet.

Glad priorities got sorted when love came calling.

Keep writing! :flower

Ariel

PostPosted: Fri Oct 05, 2012 1:56 pm 
4. Extra Flamey

Laragh- really great story, liked the real reason for the party and that they had a good private after party.

I know it really isn't summer anymore but I do have a story for the challenge.

Title: Scooby Summer party
Author: Mgraham93
Email: Matty.gr@hotmail.com
Rating: Pg-13
Disclaimer: i do not own Buffy the vampire slayer
Summary- Set just after the end of an alternate Season 3, Tara being childhood friends with Faith and Willow and Oz not getting back together after Lovers walk, there's some other changes but those are the big ones

High school was over for the Scooby gang, not only had they defeated the latest the big bad, but and they'd managed to survive it. Now it was time to enjoy the summer and so they decided to have a small party.

Buffy and Faith were sat in the Espresso pump talking when Buffy noticed that Faith's attention had shifted to the door, she looked over and saw she was focused on the girl who had just walked in, a moment later her girlfriend was out of the seat and had wrapped the other girl In a fierce hug

"I've missed you so much." Faith’s voice rasped tears forming in her eyes.

At this point Buffy walked over, "soooo you two know each other then?" she asked.

Faith turned to "B, this is Tara, she's my best friend and Tara this is Buffy my girlfriend."

"So what brings you to Sunnydale?"

"I-I'm studying here next year."

"But isn't it a bit early to have already moved?" Buffy asked noticing the sad glance between the two best friends.

"There was nothing left to stay for." Tara answered looking down sadly

"Tara I'm sorry," Faith said gently "after Kakistos killed Miss Nolan I broke. I was terrified that the next time a vamp would get you, so I ran. I was mess for so long, still would if it wasn't for B."

"Aww Faith-y," Buffy smiled cuddling brunette. "I was messed up at the start of the year as well, we got through it together."

Tara smiled as she watched the exchange "you two are really cute together.”

The trio sat and shared coffee for some time, Buffy made sure to tell Tara about the party plans “Before I forget it's a bit last minute but were having one last scooby get together tonight at 130 Revello drive aka my house if you want to come,” Buffy smiled warmly

Okay but w-what's a Scooby party? Is it a Scooby doo theme?"

"No it's our little group of friends, we're having one last party before everyone goes away for the summer."

"Oh I see, I'll see you two tonight then."
-------------------------------------------------------------

That evening Tara was walking down Revello road looking for the right house when a loud voice cried out from behind her.

"Hey are you going to Buffy's house?"

"Y-yes," Tara said nervously.

“Good, I'm going as well, I'm Anya by the way."

"I'm Tara."

They walked to the house before Anya knocked on the door. It was opened by a dark haired boy, he was about to greet them when Anya crashed into him, hugging him fiercely. “I’m glad you're not dead," she smiled planting several kisses on his lips.

The commotion in the hallway brought the attention of the other scoobies who raced in, on guard for a moment before taking in the full scene.

Buffy stepped forward, "Everyone, this is Tara, and Tara these are the scoobies. Xander, Giles, my mom, little sister and this is Willow." she pointed to the pretty red head who was standing in the door.

They responded with various greetings before Willow added I'll get you a drink." She quickly slipped back into the kitchen.

Several minutes passed while Willow was pacing around the kitchen 'Tara's really here, it's her.’

A few months earlier Anya had convinced her to do a spell which sent to an alternate universe where she was a vampire who was in a relationship with the same girl who had just got to the party.

Willow was snapped back to the present a few minutes later when Buffy walked into the kitchen. "Hey Will I thought you were getting drinks?”

"I was, I just got thinking"

"What about?"

"Relationships and stuff."

"Want to talk about it?"

"It's about Tara, she looks really cute and well she's really cute."

"You have a crush on her, don't you?" Buffy replied playfully

"I do," Willow spoke slightly nervously.

"Then why don't you ask her?" Buffy asked.

"You know what I'm like with relationships, the only real one I had I go and ruin with the tryst.”

"Well for one you give really good advice." Buffy held up a little postcard with a picture of Rio on it. On the back was written

Slayer.
Greetings from Rio, I took the advice your mum and Red gave an now me and Dru are together again, so thanks and I won't
Try to kill you lot again.
Glad you’re not here.

“I don’t really remember giving advice, more being scared for my life and using magic to save myself.”

"Oh well you were there for me giving advice about Faith. Seriously you were great.”

“Thanks Buffy,” Willow cheerily hugged her best friend.

“Plus anyone would be lucky to date you, you're sweet and adorable," Buffy replied grinning happily.

“There’s another thing, I kind of have seen her before.”

“When.”

“When I was In the other universe that world's her is dating vamp me, and I don’t really know what to do?"

"Maybe you could ask her out?"

"Are you sure?"

"Yeah I'm sure, I dare you to ask her out,"

Willow looked at her incredulously as if to say 'really dares,'

"okay I double dare you, now you really need to, don’t make me double dog dare you."

"I accept,” Willow grinned “I'll ask her out tonight."

The pair walked back into the lounge, Willow carrying a pair of cups while Buffy was carrying a plate of Giles’ famous reward cookies, as the big bad being defeated was something accepted as a time for a reward.

"I got you a drink," Willow smiled slightly nervously as she handed Tara a cup.

"Thanks," Tara said smiling sweetly at the redhead

"I see the cat likes you, and you don't have any catnip so she must really like you

"She's adorable, I've always liked cats."

"She really is, only no one really knows a name for her,"

Earlier in the year the scoobies had found a tiny stray kitten with black and white fur, Willow enjoyed looking after it yet none of them had been able to think of a name, some of the suggestions included Trixie and Salem yet none of them seemed to fit.

"What about, miss kitty Fantastico, Like the female cat version of fantastic Mr Fox.”

I really like it, Willow grinned looking away from Tara to say

"Tara's thought of an awesome name for the scooby cat, Miss Kitty Fantastico." the idea was met with a resounding yes.

"I'm glad she finally has a name, and an awesome one at that," Willow smiled happily at Tara.

"I'm happy to help, such a cute little kitten needed a name," Tara smiled stroking Miss Kitty gently.

"Where are you staying until college starts?"

"I don’t really have any where long term, at the minute I’m staying at a really cheap motel."

"If you want, you could stay with me, my parents are going to be away for most of the summer and it's safer in a house than a motel, vampires needing an invitation and everything, and if that goes well we could be roommates,

Upon hearing this Buffy and Faith shared a knowing look, having gone through a similar experience at the start of year.

"That sounds nice," Willow leaned close, her lips were almost pressed against Tara's lips which she noted 'looked extremely kissable, yep definitely kind of gay, she thought.' when the newly named Miss Kitty Fantastico uncurled herself on Tara's lap and jumped onto Willow's leg startling her, grabbing onto Tara's hand meant she didn't fall completely, unfortunately her cup left her hand splashing herself and Tara with soda.

"Oh no, I'm sorry, I'm such a klutz and a spaz," she said racing to the kitchen

Tara followed quickly after her

"Tara I'm so sorry I didn't mean for that to happen, i could try to clean it for you, I've got paper towels, did I mention I'm really sorry."

"Will, it's okay, it'll clean easy enough, plus it wasn't your fault Miss kitty just jumped at a bad time

"It's just I wanted to impress you so bad and ended up like this all soda-ey," she pointed at her soaked shirt as indication.

"Soda-ey Willow is no less impressive than non-soda-ey Willow, fact." Tara smiled a lovely half smile "I'm not usually the girl who people try to impress, I tend to just get ignored, not that I mind though, as I'd rather you impress me anyway."

"apart from the whole getting covered in soda, I did enjoy impressing you," Willow beamed "and I was wondering if you wanted to maybe we could go on a date sometime if you wanted,

In answer Tara gently brought her lips to Willow’s.

“So that’s a yes then,” Willow smiled happily.

“That’s a yes,”Tara flashed a half smile.

"This is going to be a really amazing summer." Willow grinned leaning in to kiss Tara once again.

The End

Tara: I am, you know.
Willow: What?
Tara: Yours.
Who are You

Post subject: Re: 2012 Summer Challenge: 2001 Redux-Ends October 15
PostPosted: Sun Oct 14, 2012 10:14 pm 
5. Willowhand

Title: Christmas in July
Setting: Between season 4 and 5.
Rating: Teen for some spicy talk.
Pairings: Willow and Tara (duh), Anya & Xander, Buffy & Riley

“Don't you just love summer?” Buffy turned to Willow, her shopping bags in hand. “No classes, no demons, and of course Christmas in July Sales at the Mall!”
“It is the most wonderful time of the year,” Willow grinned cheekily at Tara grabbing her hand.
“Sweetie, isn't Christmas the most wonderful time of the year, you know traditionally?” Tara smirked and bumped hips with Willow as the trio walked back from the Sunnydale Mall on the bright July afternoon.
“Well, yes, for most. However, me being Jewish, and this being Sunnydale, the yuletide usually is just awful. Barring my parents always being gone and Xander's ridiculous family fights, and lately it has been getting progressively worse. Just look at last year! The First tried to get Angel to kill Buffy and/or himself and was driving us all crazy. The First as in the first evil, residing in the hearts of man and embodying people who died and being all incorporeal. Creepy thing! And I tied to throw myself at Oz and with the Barry White and him shooting me down, I'm not very good with the seduction and I was so pathetic! Then right after all of that our mothers tried to burn us all at the stake! That's when Amy became a rat and Buffy used the stake she was tied to to kill the giant evil Hansel and Gretel inspiring demon and I'm all set for Christmastime!” Willow looked at Tara apologetically.
“Sweetie I-” Tara began before a squeal interrupted her.
“Hey guys wait up!” Dawn yelled as she ran to catch up with them.
“Dang, and just when I thought I got rid of her forever,” Buffy spoke just loud enough for Willow and Tara to hear. All three started giggling, the awkwardness of the moment being pushed out of the minds.
“Why didn't you wait for me Buffy?” Dawn whined, “ I only stopped in the toy store for a minute!”
“It was half an hour! Willow and Tara we all with the googly eyes and too damn cute,” Buffy replied.
“Hey!” Willow exclaimed! “We were not all moony-eyed!” Her and Tara turned bright pink.
“Oh yes you were! So like I decided I needed to find Riley and get my own smoochies on.” Buffy nodded, beaming at the newer couple.
“We weren't s-s-smooching, much, in f-f-front of you,” Tara blushed.
“Often,” Willow finished lamely.
“You two are so cute! I love you guys!” Dawn once again squealed.
“Hmm, uh, various sounds of hesitation.” Willow sputtered. “Would you look at that, that's our stop! So, the two of us will see you later there Buffy!”
“Bye Dawn, bye Buffy!” Tara called as Willow dragged them away. Buffy and Dawn started giggling at the two of them.
“It is too much fun messing with them! They blush so easily.” Buffy smirked.
“Right, because you don't get embarrassed when you get caught by say Mom while making out in the kitchen, or back porch, or in her car, or-”
“Alright, point taken.” Buffy sighed.

Tara closed her dorm door after saying goodbye to Willow, who was heading to her afternoon class. The conversion about Christmastime had got Tara thinking. The Christmas coming up this year was the first one she had been forward to since her mother passed. She wanted to be sure Willow was as excited as she was. Tara picked her her phone and called Buffy, hoping she was back at her mother's house.
“Hello,” Buffy answered.
“H-hey Buffy, it's Tara,” Tara still felt kind of weird calling Buffy, but she needed help.
“Hey Tara, what's up?”
“You remember how Willow was upset about Christmas earlier?”
“Yeah, I'm not sure what was going on there, but it seemed she was sad.”
“I was thinking we should do something to change her mind out Christmas.”
“Like what?”
“I don't know, I was hoping you had an idea.” Tara answered lamely.
“You should throw a party! A Christmas party!” Dawn chimed in.
“Dawn, what did I tell you about being on the line when I on the phone!” Buffy snapped.
“Don't, but I heard you say something about Tara and Christmas and that sounded cool. So I got on the phone, besides I just solved the problem, so you are both welcome!” Tara could picture the look of triumph on Dawn's face.
“ A Christmas Party, I don't know Dawn. It's July.” Tara mused.
“Exactly, if the stores can celebrate Christmas in the middle of July, so can the Scoobies!”
“She does have a point there Tara. Let's do it! We can do it here at Mom's house!” Buffy agreed.
“Do what here at my house?” Joyce's voice joined the conference call.
“Have a Christmas in July Party to cheer up Willow about Christmas so when it comes around this year she will be excited about it!” Buffy replied.
“Oh. This Saturday then?” Joyce said. “That would be fine. But I expect everything to be clean up right away.”
“Absolutely Ms. S-summers.”
“Oh Tara, how are you dear?”
“I'm good. Thank you so much for letting have this p-party.”
“It's no trouble. I will have Buffy set up the tree.”
“Why do I have get the tree down?”
“You are the only one strong enough to get it down out of the attic honey.”
“Valid point Mom. Okay Tara, you make sure Willow is here at five on Saturday and I will tell Anya, Xander, and Giles to be here. Does anyone know how to make eggnog?”

On Saturday afternoon, Willow was at the library reviewing for her exam when Tara walked over to her table.
“Hey baby, this is a pleasant surprise. What are you doing here?” Willow smiled setting down her purple pen on her different colored notes.
“I want to play a game with you.” Tara smiled coyly at Willow, grabbing her hands across the table.
“A game? What game?” Willow blushed a little, thinking of some games she wanted to play.
“Truth or dare.” Tara rubbed her thumbs across the backs of Willow's hands.
“Truth or dare? Here in the library?” Willow could feel her eyebrows climb her forehead.
“Yeah, so, truth or dare?” Tara questioned with a gleam in her eye.
“Truth.”
“The other day when we talked about Christmas you said something about being 'not very good with the seduction' and being pathetic. Why did you say that?”
“Well, I don't exactly think I'm miss hottie. Or that sexy, I guess. It seems when I try it blows up in my face.” Willow sighed. “Back then it failed because I did it for all the wrong reasons, but with you , I want to show you how special you are and how you make me feel and I can't get it right.”
“When was the last time you tried with me?” Tara asked looking deep into Willow's eyes.
“Last week. But Miss Kitty ruined it.”
“Huh?” Tara leaned back in the seat across from Willow.
“Well, I had gotten some,” Willow mumbled and looked away for a minute before continuing, “And Miss Kitty trashed it.”
“Gotten some what Will?”
“Sexy Lingerie.” Willow looked sheepishly back at Tara.
“Oh, that's, really? For me? That's, wow. Was that why there was a ball of silk in my closet?”
“Yeah.”
“I see. Truth or Dare?” Tara asked again.
“Isn't it my turn to ask?” Willow questioned.
“Truth or Dare?” Tara asked once again flashing Willow a wicked grin.
Willow licked her suddenly dry lips, “Huh, Dare?”
“I dare you to come with me to Buffy's Mom's place.”
“Buffy's? Why?”
“I hid something there for us, and they aren't home right now...” Tara's grin got wider.
“Why are we still here? I just want to drop my books off!” Willow grabbed her notes and Tara and dragged them back to her dorm room. They then set off towards Revello Drive.

When they got to the front door Willow pulled Tara towards her and kissed her deeply.
“What was that for sweetie? Not that I'm complaining.”
“Thanking you.”
“For what?”
“Being you.” Willow smiled and pulled out her key to the Summer home. After the door swung open, Willow stepped into the house and shut the door behind her and Tara.
“SURPRISE!” The rest of the Scooby Gang, and Joyce and Dawn jumped out with varying Christmas hats and sweaters.
“What is this?” Willow asked as Dawn thrust a blue sweater into her hands.
“A holiday sweater, it has a menorah on it!”
“OH, that's neat. But it's July, why the holiday stuff?”
“W-well, earlier this week you seamed like you were a little down with Christmastime/holiday time. So I wanted to do something that would change your mind. It's going to be our first holiday season together and I want you to look forward to it like me. So we all decided to work on changing your mind.” Willow pulled the sweater on over head and grabbed Tara in a fierce hug.
“I forgot I will have you this year. That makes it the best holiday ever!”
“Here Tara!” Dawn tossed another sweater at the pair and some hats as well. Willow placed the dreidel hat on her head as Tara put on a Santa hat.
“Thanks Dawnie. Could you start the tunes? Can't have a party without music!” Dawn walked over to the radio as everyone walked into the living room. Tara sat Willow down on the couch. “Xander told us about one holiday tradition you do like.” The sound of the Charlie Brown Christmas Song came on. As it did Anya, Buffy, Riley, Dawn, and for some reason Spike started dancing like the Peanuts. Xander and Tara then began to do the Snoopy Dance. Giles and Joyce sat down next to Willow grinning at the family. When the song end Willow leaped up and kissed Tara soundly.
“That was amazing! Thank you everyone!” Willow went around the room hugging everybody. When she got to Spike she paused. “Why are you here and why did you dance?”
“Your Glinda made me.” Spike shrugged. “I don't want to talk about it. A word of advice? Don't cross her.” Spike walked towards the bowl of Eggnog and grabbed a cup. While “You're a Mean One Mister Grinch” started playing.
Willow went back to Tara. “You are the best! I love you baby.”
“I love you too. Oh I almost forgot!” Tara went upstairs and shortly came back down with a kitten in reindeer antlers and a red nose. “Somekitten wants to apologize.” Miss Kitty meowed and hopped into Willow's arms. She then nuzzled Willow face.
“Okay Miss Kitty, I forgive you for wreaking that sexy lingerie I got for Tara!” Willow stated a little too loudly, especially as the music was between tracks.
“Oh Dear Lord!” Giles exclaimed.
“Whaaa!” The candy cane fell from Xander's mouth.
“Hmm. What color?” Anya asked. Willow blushed deep red, her face burning.
“Dark green,” Willow quietly answered. Tara jaw dropped as she pictured her girl in said garments, her eyes glazing over.
“It's time for Dinner!” Joyce announced to the group, her face a slight shade of pink.

A couple of hours later, after eating turkey and eggnog and watching “A Charlie Brown Christmas” and several other holiday movies and cleaning up the mess, Willow and Tara were on their way back to Tara's dorm room with Miss Kitty.
"How did you get Spike to come? Or to dance?" Willow asked as they neared the dorm.
"I told him that if he ever wanted Buffy help again he would have to come. Plus I told him that I would dust him if didn't do what I asked, because I hadn't umm, forgiven him for that mess with Adam yet."
“Baby, you are amazing and that was the best party ever!” Willow giddily swung her and Tara's interlocked hands and the walked into the room. She put Miss Kitty on her cat bed.
“Well, the party might be over, but there is one more surprise.” Tara flashed her crooked smile at Willow, who in turn grinned widely back.
“Oh yeah?”
“Close your eyes.” Willow sat on the bed and did as she was told. She heard the sound of clothing rustling, her excitement growing. " She then heard 'Merry Christmas Baby' begin to play. “Okay, open them.” Willow opened here eyes and felt her mouth go dry for the second time that day. There was Tara in a Santa hat and a red silk nightie with a white fur trim. “Truth or Dare?”
“Truth.” Willow managed to reply.
“Were you a good girl this year Willow? Or are you on my naughty list?”
“I was good. But truth be told, I going to put myself on the naughty list once you get over here.”
“Is that a dare?”
“It's a promise.”

"The Hammer is my Penis," Captain Hammer, 'Dr. Horrible's Sing-a-long Blog.'

PostPosted: Mon Oct 15, 2012 3:19 am 
10. Troll Hammer

My fic is allllmost beta'ed.
:)
I will get it in today by hook or crook..
or some third thing

PostPosted: Mon Oct 15, 2012 7:37 am 
5. Willowhand

Laragh- Cute fic! I loved the alternative reasons for the party.
Mgraham93- Nice! I can't begin to tell ya how much I love W/T meeting earlier than they did in the show.

"The Hammer is my Penis," Captain Hammer, 'Dr. Horrible's Sing-a-long Blog.'

PostPosted: Mon Oct 15, 2012 9:03 pm 
10. Troll Hammer

Title: Hell's Bells revisted..Act 2
Author: drlloyd11
Rating: PG
Disclaimer: I'll cry if you tell me it's awful.
Summary- This is part two from the last challenge. Willow, Tara, and their little girl visit Xander and Anya in this alternate future where Xander and Anya made it through the ceremony.

Act two
True to his word, the terrarium was filled with spiders and webs. To Colleen it looked like most of them were dead, and the rest just sat in their webs anyway so it was hard to tell.
Josh seemed to have named all of them all "Shelob" or "Spidey" or something. It was hard for her to keep track of them.
Collen stood stiffly near Josh. His room had a funny odor and was the messiest she had ever seen. She had seen actual lairs of Arachae demon families that were more welcoming,and they were part insect (Mama Willow told her to play with the Arachae children when they had visited and not to make them feel bad, Mama Tara quickly added "but don't touch anything")

He was waiting for her praise..

"You have a lot of spiders Josh, umm where did you get them all from?"
"Outside in the yard, in the basement, under Sarah's bed.."
Sarah was standing in the doorway of his room, about as far back from the spiders as she could without letting Colleen out of her sight.
"Colleen doesn't care about your crappy spiders Josh, she's 11"
"Shut up or I'll put a Black Widow in your bed you baby!"
Colleen awkwardly cleared her throat."Actually Josh, you don't have any Black Windows. These are all house or cellar spiders "
"Told ya". Sarah had that smile of a younger sibling vindicated for once.
Colleen knew she was now the prize in a sibling war,another toy to fight over. She really just wanted to watch TV or read her book, but they both looked so eager, and even sort of lonely. Mostly she just wanted to be nice.
"But Josh, this here is a fake widow..in the Coven we call it a 'Fate Weaver'. It's part of a spell to tell the fut.."
Just for a minute she had dropped her guard, she was never supposed to discuss magic outside of the house or the Coven..and never with other children.Ever..At least not human ones.
"you mean the future?", Sarah asked with a grin.
Colleen nervously smiled.. She was sweating..why was it always summer in California?
"Like a spell", Josh added...It was going to be a long night.

Anya was drinking wine, and had her Mary Kay kit out. Her words flew out like springs.
"..and then Xander just sat there..like I was going to fix everything for him..you know you have very nice skin. You should moisturize to keep yourself looking like a bride..
She also managed to get Tara to agree to buy almost twenty five dollars of cosmetics, and was just getting started.
Tara was overwhelmed, it was like she was back in college and could not say a word edgewise. In twenty minutes, she had told Tara that Xander and her never had intimacy anymore and then followed up by giving horrifically detailed examples of that missing intimacy complete with sound effects and some gestures with her hands .
"It's not like his back is keeping us from doing anything, all he has to do is.."
Tara closed her eyes and held up her hands protectively.
"Please Anya, I get the picture..I'm ...I'm sorry you and Xander are not getting along, maybe you just need some time alone, when Willow and I went away...."
"Where would we go? Who would watch the kids? Xander's mother is useless and mine has been dead about a thousand years..."
Then Anya stopped..and was quiet
"When I wasn't a vengeance demon anymore...I didn't know what I was anymore. A celebrity woman on television told me to build up my life one brick at a time. Xander, The Magic Box, The scoobies, Money, the kids. First the Magic box..gone. Then the scoobies, the money.. and now Xander"
Tara was still as Anya drank another glass of wine.
"What do I have left..when the kids are gone..will there be anything for me to be anymore"
Tara knew if she said nothing, this conversation would end soon, and she and Willow and Collen would be in the car and heading to the Hotel. But she knew more about being alone than almost anyone ever, and she couldn't say nothing to someone alone.

"Well..", she started "You are still a good saleswomen..". She winced at her own words.
"What? This? Mary Kay? I'm horrible at it."
Tara smiled, "Sweetie I'm a gay woman married to a blind woman. and you got to me to buy blush"
Anya looked at Tara first puzzled, then smiled.
"I guess that was pretty foolish of you to buy all that from me!", said with triumph.
"Here, it's a party..have a drink" and Anya pulled some 'Star War's" glasses from the cupboard .
"This are the most expensive glass we own" she exclaimed..."On eBay they are worth 500 dollars each" and poured some of her box of wine in the glasses..
As Tara took her first drink Anya returned to form.
"Now Spike told me that Buffy told him that you two had a secret box under your bed that had set of cat ears and a cat tail in. Which one of you wore those? Was Willow dressing as Miss Kitty? Would Xander like if I dressed as a cat?"
Tara swallowed the first glass of wine quickly and in one gulp so as not to spit it back out when she heard this
...'Stop by Xanders', she had told Willow..'It'll be fun to see them she said...Oy Vey.."

"It's like all these bricks that make up your life Will"..Xander tried to explain. "And you lose them one by one. I was a scooby saving the world..gone...I was a grownup with money..Gone..Buffy was gone..Anya hates me.."
He looked at Willow..."And you went away Will, you were my best friend. "
Willow made her resolved face.
"Xander, when I was ...sick.. and I hurt Dawn and lost Tara and lost everything..I told myself there was nothing left. If I wasn't smart and good and useful ..what was I?"
"But.." she continued..."As long as I knew that somewhere she was there..that when she looked at me...she made me special"..
Willow swallowed, a little chocked up...
"Even now, I know when she is looking at me."

Xander looked at his friend. She had said it all that so fast, that she seemed like a nervous little girl again. She was dressed in a dark dress, her hair was still red but her eyes lifelines. She looked so small, and so old now...but when he talked about Tara. She was ten feet tall in his eyes.
"Screw it", he said..."It's a party..have a drink" and he handed Willow a beer. "I dare you to have one"...
Willow cringed...it was going to be a long night..

Post subject: Re: 2012 Summer Challenge: 2001 Redux--The Winner is!
PostPosted: Fri Nov 09, 2012 11:30 am 
10. Troll Hammer

The winner is..to no ones surprise..the mucho talented and able Laragh!!!
For " witches best friend"

Let's give her a hand!
Congrats!!

PostPosted: Fri Nov 09, 2012 6:51 pm 
20. Not one Much for the Timber

Topics: 15
I'm shocked! :grin Congrats my JMT!

"Transform your pain. Release your past. And ... uh ... get over it."
~Willow, Where The Wild Things Are

PostPosted: Fri Nov 09, 2012 11:23 pm 
11. Fish in the Bowl

Hi Laragh,

Congrats on the win - I commented once before but had to :applause :applause :applause and celebrate with you :pinky :party :pinky

Ariel :flower

PostPosted: Sat Nov 10, 2012 3:22 am 

Yay! Gratz to Laragh.