The Kitten, the Witches and the Bad Wardrobe - Willow & Tara Forever

General Chat  || Kitten  || WaV  || Pens  || Mi2  || GMP  || TiE  || FAQ  || Feed - The Kitten, the Witches and the Bad Wardrobe

All times are UTC - 8 hours [ DST ]

Post subject: Re: Buffy Fic Recommendations
PostPosted: Thu May 19, 2011 6:07 pm 
5. Willowhand

Topics: 6
Yeah it is. It was linked up there and I was being stupid and missed it. Sorry for all the trouble folks!

"Friendship is obviously magic. Love is a sorta super strong friendship. We gay people love so hard we broke 'Social Norm'. Ergo, we gay people are ultra-strong wizards."

Post subject: Alternate opening credits
PostPosted: Fri May 20, 2011 8:40 am 
8. Vixen

Topics: 22
There's an alternate opening title credit sequence here that feature Willow and Tara that I thought you all might like a look at

http://jetwolf.com/hof/4paws/chosen_s9.zip

Post subject: Re: Alternate opening credits
PostPosted: Mon May 23, 2011 4:41 am 
6. Sassy Eggs

Gosh, I miss jet's story.

PostPosted: Mon May 23, 2011 5:29 am 
10. Troll Hammer

Topics: 1
Dana: Is the site down or did she just not continue it?

Sue: We don't talk about things like that right after, you know that, no saying those things in The Moment.
Kim: (moves the hand aside) Screw The Moment. I *love* you.

PostPosted: Mon May 23, 2011 10:30 am 
8. Vixen

My guess is she just didn't continue it, dunno why. I'm just coming to the end of season 1 of their stories now and think they're pretty cool. it's like how Buffy used to be plus added Tara goodness.

PostPosted: Tue May 24, 2011 4:40 am 
6. Sassy Eggs

Jet wrote a beautiful entire S8, with something like 20 episodes to it, and in which Tara featured prominently. She then began a 9th season of writing, and managed to get in around 8 episodes there, but then, I think, real life interfered- she and her husband bought a condo, they moved, she began new work, and in fact her interests began to change- she got into Lost pretty deeply, is way into Rock Band, and for all that, about 2 months ago she posted that she was beginning to consider working back to the Buffy world. I loved her story- and it was an amazing undertaking- 20 written episodes, novel-like in length, and just so well done. And some of the scenes- wonderful, none better than one where Willow and Tara have a conversation that we cannot hear, but we understand exactly what is being said...

PostPosted: Tue May 24, 2011 10:16 am 
8. Vixen

Yeah it was about 22 she wrote for her season 8. I love how she handled the Willow and | Tara relationship when Tara came back and they were both hesitant about one another making the relationship part so believable. For season 9 I think they got to about episode 19 anda that's where it seems to end, but I love this story version though. The characters behave realistically and sound like they do on the show.

PostPosted: Wed May 25, 2011 4:42 am 
6. Sassy Eggs

Jet also has her own blog page: http://blog.jetwolf.com/

PostPosted: Wed May 25, 2011 11:23 am 
1. Blessed Wannabe

Hey people. I got a heads up to come to this thread, and what do you know, I had an account here already apparently. Yay!

Anyway, glad you guys liked the credits and, of course, the series. I did want to confirm however that while, yeah, it's been forever, I haven't abandoned The Chosen. Life has done its whole lifey thing in a huge way and I've got my sights on a lot of writing projects, but this story will continue. I've said all along that I've got plans through to the end of a Season 10, and I will eventually get us there.

Also, LOST? Really Dana? I just took like a two week marathon to catch up before the finale. "Got into Lost pretty deeply", I've never been so insulted. :P

-=Jet Wolf

PostPosted: Fri Jun 17, 2011 7:44 pm 
32. Kisses and Gay Love

Topics: 7
Hmmm. Some non KB rules fic recommendations? Then my first recommendation would be The Master Willow Series by Psimetis. Willow is an evil and very powerful Vampire. It's not KB-FAQ qualifying because there's Willow/Other sex in it but for the most part that's not so much for sex as for power. Willow and Tara have a special bond even if Willow is a very evil vampire.

She also wrote a story called Brave Eyes that I can't find anywhere. Again Willow's a vampire and Tara is her human lover. Buffy is both insane and pretty evil and also the Slayer. By the end the story is very sweet.

And Midnight Stretch by Verdant is almost KB-FAQ worthy. It's BDSM and NC-17 and probably the hottest 4 page long story I've read.

PostPosted: Fri Jun 17, 2011 8:32 pm 
5. Willowhand

JustSkipIt, Psimetis' Brave Eyes can be found on her Adultfanfiction.net account, as well as The Veracity of Vamp Willow.

Edit because I'm a spaz and forgot to include the link: http://buffy.adultfanfiction.net/authors.php?no=18851

PM me if you need any of her vamp! Willow/Tara fics that aren't online anymore.

"Friendship is obviously magic. Love is a sorta super strong friendship. We gay people love so hard we broke 'Social Norm'. Ergo, we gay people are ultra-strong wizards."

PostPosted: Sat Jun 18, 2011 10:51 pm 
11. Fish in the Bowl

Topics: 3
yvh1973 wrote:
Hi I´m looking for an old one fic. Willow and Tara history trough season 4, more or less behind the chapters of this season. Thank you for your help

Are you thinking of SpikeMe4Now's Season 4's Behind the Scenes Series?

Last edited by Lady Callie on Mon Jul 16, 2012 9:29 am, edited 1 time in total.

PostPosted: Mon Jul 04, 2011 5:16 pm 
5. Willowhand

Just a cute little crackfic I wanted to rec, because it has Willow and Tara as gay penguins and why wouldn't I want to share that?

PostPosted: Tue Jul 05, 2011 11:56 pm 
11. Fish in the Bowl

faolan228 wrote:
Just a cute little crackfic I wanted to rec, because it has Willow and Tara as gay penguins and why wouldn't I want to share that?

Carrrrk! OMG, the penguin spree of last year was hysterical. There's icons around too. Willow's says something like 'Willow penguin likes other chicks'.

PostPosted: Wed Nov 09, 2011 10:39 am 
6. Sassy Eggs

I'm curious if anybody here reads stories that are non-W/T based. While W/T is my favorite canon couple on the show, I enjoy reading any story, as long as it has a good plot. Any recommendations? If you don't want to post here, either send me a PM, or e-mail me at robbinsbm@uindy.edu

"Not everyone wants to graduate high school at age 16 and college at age 19 and have our first IPO by age 20. Some of us want to waste precious minutes, hours, days, and weeks rotting in front of the TV." - Survivor Ash Island By JustSkipIt

Buffy: Hi. Willow right?
Willow: Why? I mean hi. Did you want me to move?
First sign of adorable Willow "Welcome to the Hellmouth"

PostPosted: Thu Nov 10, 2011 12:59 am 
11. Fish in the Bowl

BuffyFan4ever wrote:
I'm curious if anybody here reads stories that are non-W/T based. While W/T is my favorite canon couple on the show, I enjoy reading any story, as long as it has a good plot. Any recommendations? If you don't want to post here, either send me a PM, or e-mail me at robbinsbm@uindy.edu

I read a bunch, and I try to remember to rec the ones I enjoy HEREon my tumblr, and HEREon my LJ. If you're looking for new fics with a variety of pairings/characters, the Sunnydale Herald posts daily.BuffyverseTop5 just had their yearly classic recs weekend, but there's tons of recs to look though, searchable by tags.

I'm currently trying out Buffy/Willow as a pair (in a word, interesting), and I've been on a huge post season seven Willow/Faith kick. Yell if you want more info.

PostPosted: Sun Dec 04, 2011 5:34 pm 
2. Floating Rose

Anybody know the name of the fic where Tara has some kinda superhuman strength? I know she throws a car or maybe motorcycle and JFK is in it. Though it ends up W/T

PostPosted: Fri Dec 09, 2011 10:40 am 
29. Miss Psycho-pep-squad

Should be Shades of Grey.

When I saw you I fell in love, and you smiled because you knew. -Arrigo Boito

PostPosted: Sat May 12, 2012 6:29 am 
1. Blessed Wannabe

A few years ago Alcy started an interesting fic called Of Souls and Sacrifice but it was pulled because JFK was in it (but the disclaimer said Willow and Tara would end up together somehow.) It starts out with Willow with JFK. After a year Willow asks JFK to move in with her because she thinks she's been keeping JFK at arm's length because she can't move on. Meanwhile she's been having disturbing dreams about Tara that start out beautiful and loving but then turn nightmarish as Tara turns on her, disgusted and angry about JFK. Does anyone know if it was finished and posted elsewhere? Or was it abandoned? I think I've looked in all the usual places. Thanks!

Post subject: Looking for a Willow & Tara Fic Thread
PostPosted: Fri May 18, 2012 10:08 am 
3. Flaming O

Hi kittens!

I've read this fic and I totally fell in love with the plot. Is it finished, somewhere?

Thanks in advance!

PostPosted: Thu Jul 12, 2012 8:41 pm 
7. Teeny Tinkerbell Light

Topics: 10
Beer Very Bad

This story diverges from canon at "Something Blue." Rather than Xander and Buffy interfering with Willow drowning her sorrows, she meets Tara and, well, things go a touch differently. The characters are totally spot-on and the scenario is just wonderful. The Willow/Buffy dynamic is particularly well done. It's in progress, but so far it looks like it would live happily in PENS as well as its current home on fanfiction.net.

Thanks to wayland for recommending it.

PostPosted: Thu Jul 12, 2012 9:16 pm 
20. Not one Much for the Timber

Topics: 15
BeMyDeputy wrote:
Beer Very Bad

This story diverges from canon at "Something Blue." Rather than Xander and Buffy interfering with Willow drowning her sorrows, she meets Tara and, well, things go a touch differently. The characters are totally spot-on and the scenario is just wonderful. The Willow/Buffy dynamic is particularly well done. It's in progress, but so far it looks like it would live happily in PENS as well as its current home on fanfiction.net.

Thanks to wayland for recommending it.
I've been following this story from the start and it's very sweet. Kate is correct, the characters are spot on. ;-)

Another one I follow on fanfiction.net is Earthquakes. "Willow remains addicted to dark magicks two years after Tara leaves her. When she gives birth to a daughter, the Scoobies care for the baby even as destruction spirals their lives out of control. Notes: Tara never died, spoilers through Season 6." It's angsty, also in progress and pretty good.

"Transform your pain. Release your past. And ... uh ... get over it."
~Willow, Where The Wild Things Are

PostPosted: Fri Jan 04, 2013 2:55 am 
1. Blessed Wannabe

viewtopic.php?f=14&t=716

PostPosted: Fri Jan 04, 2013 4:33 am 
10. Troll Hammer

Topics: 444
LovexxMuzik wrote:
http://thekittenboard.com/board/viewtopic.php?f=14&t=716

Thanks LovexxMuzik!
I somehow forgot this thread existed!
I want to suggest "12 weeks" by CN Winters. It takes place immediately following the Yellow crayons "speech". The view inside Willows head, it's something sad and scary and well done.

http://mysticmuse.net/authors/cnwinters/12weeks.htm

PostPosted: Mon Jan 21, 2013 8:12 pm 
8. Vixen

Here's something I'd thought I'd share for those that want quick access to Psimetis' The Return of Wicked Red and the Master Willow series.There's other stuff there and you gotta love the wayback machine - its actually her old site.

Master Willow

"Dry Heat – In Progress (still)" "Penny Arcade - Completed"
My Fic Challenge entries:
"Fireworks" "Promise" "I Did What Last Night?"

PostPosted: Sun Feb 03, 2013 4:58 pm 
11. Fish in the Bowl

drlloyd11 wrote:
LovexxMuzik wrote:
http://thekittenboard.com/board/viewtopic.php?f=14&t=716

Thanks LovexxMuzik!
I somehow forgot this thread existed!
I want to suggest "12 weeks" by CN Winters. It takes place immediately following the Yellow crayons "speech". The view inside Willows head, it's something sad and scary and well done.

http://mysticmuse.net/authors/cnwinters/12weeks.htm

I have this one saved to my Kindle. It's a very good read, if you read anything after canon S6.

PostPosted: Sun Feb 03, 2013 8:11 pm 
7. Teeny Tinkerbell Light

On FanFiction.Net i recommend "Me Remittebas Domum" It's in progress

Season 6, Normal Again and after. Willow sees Tara after class with another woman and relapses into her dark magick addiction with unforeseen consequences. Can she find her way home and back into the hearts of her family?

http://www.fanfiction.net/s/8932495/1/Me-Remittebas-Domum

PostPosted: Sun Feb 03, 2013 8:25 pm 
20. Not one Much for the Timber

Topics: 15
I'm reading that one as well and so far, I like it:) The author also updates every few days.

A couple others on fanfiction.net

Beer Very Bad...When Willow gets drunk at the Bronze to drown her Oz-related sorrows in "Something Blue," she happens to run into a certain blonde. Something happens that night, and our girls end up at a very different beginning. But are they ready for it?

and

Earthquakes...Willow remains addicted to dark magicks two years after Tara leaves her. When she gives birth to a daughter, the Scoobies care for the baby even as destruction spirals their lives out of control. Notes: Tara never died, spoilers through Season 6

ETA: I just scrolled up and realized I already recommended these fics, lol. Oh well, here they are again!

"Transform your pain. Release your past. And ... uh ... get over it."
~Willow, Where The Wild Things Are

PostPosted: Wed Jul 24, 2013 8:24 am 
5. Willowhand

Does anyone know of any particular, popular W/T fics that got author pulled from the KB but are still hosted elsewhere? Every now and then, I see people mention 'Impulse' or 'Homewrecker' or various others, and I'd love to see what all the hype was about

PostPosted: Wed Sep 04, 2013 6:08 pm 
1. Blessed Wannabe

cammy wrote:
theres a interesting fict called red moon rising its a triangle story first couple parts are interesting then it goes out there last i saw it was on mystic muse the premise is

oz returns as a villan who wants to make willow his mate he attacks everyone and ends up biting buffy who is to become a werewolf but willow takes it upon herself and takes the curse willow buffy and tara become a couple and has diffrent parts with red moon rising being the first also has characters mulder and scully joining in

Cammy:

Not sure if you still visit this site and/or this page... but you can find the Red Moon Rising series (written by Hunter Ash) archived at "The Bear"s site.
Here: http://www.papa-bear.com/Wuffara/Fanfic/Fanfic.html

Hopefully the link works.

--Ace Von Wildfire