The Kitten, the Witches and the Bad Wardrobe - Willow & Tara Forever

General Chat  || Kitten  || WaV  || Pens  || Mi2  || GMP  || TiE  || FAQ  || Feed - The Kitten, the Witches and the Bad Wardrobe

All times are UTC - 8 hours [ DST ]

Post subject: Strong like an Amazon
PostPosted: Sun Feb 09, 2003 7:14 pm 
When do you think Tara was the bravest and was strong like an Amazon?

Results (total votes = 259):

Her first "axeing" (Bargaining pt.2) 
15 / 5.8%  

Amnesiac Tara taking the lead at times (Tabula Rasa) 
9 / 3.5%  

Supporting Buffy about Spike (Dead Things, OAFA) 
14 / 5.4%  

Telling Anya to back off (OAFA) 
121 / 46.7%  

Her perpetual role as the heart of the group 
100 / 38.6%  

"In my world there are people in chains and we can ride them like ponies." -- Vamp Willow

Post subject: Re: Strong like an Amazon
PostPosted: Mon Feb 10, 2003 12:05 pm 
Well, I voted for the "axing" from "Bargaining Pt. 2", but the moment I really wanted to choose wasn't in the poll. I think Tara showed the most strength when Joyce died ("The Body", also leading into "Forever"). She really kept it together, and when the rest of the Scoobies were falling apart, she was the "rock" for them to lean on. The experience must have brought back memories of her own mother's death, and yet instead of wallowing in self-pity, she just quietly let Buffy know that she had been through the same thing and would be there for her. She kept Willow from falling apart, she tried to comfort Dawn in "Forever", and she even connected with Xander ("It hurts."). Her strength in these two episodes was amazing, and it's one of my favorite Tara moments.

My cat had to be put to sleep recently, and my mom wasn't dealing with it very well (and neither was I), and the whole time I just kept thinking of how strong Tara was in "The Body". And it really helped. So perhaps I'm biased, but that moment has inspired me personally.

Live each day as if it were your last; and one day, you'll be right.
| Pipsqueak's Music Videos |

PostPosted: Mon Feb 10, 2003 4:50 pm 
I was totally thinking about Tara's role in "The Body," but I figured that would fall under her being the heart of the group.

But of course, the name of this poll was spoken by Tara in that episode, and she was very strong and wonderful.

BTW, I love you Avatar and music videos, Pipsqueak! :drool

"In my world there are people in chains and we can ride them like ponies." -- Vamp Willow

PostPosted: Mon Feb 10, 2003 11:06 pm 
I voted for Tara being the heart of the group because this is basically her job in season six. When Buffy is being self-destructive, Willow is becoming consumed by magick, and Xander has his hands full with Anya, Tara is the only one who has it all together and looks out for Dawn.

Tara: My heart doesn't stutter.

Tara: Willow, I got so lost.

Willow: I found you. I will always find you.

PostPosted: Tue Feb 11, 2003 6:20 pm 
I answered the latest choice, being the heart of the group, because it was the best of the four.. But I think the moment she was the most brave was when she tought Willow would choose Oz in New Moon Rising, season 4. The way Tara told Willow to do what would make her happy.. and all the waiting! I think if I had been in her position I would have cried in her arms that I loved her and that she had to choose me :tear

guess I'm not brave! :p

anyways :D

btw.. that smiley is GROOOOOOOSS : :puke

PostPosted: Wed Feb 12, 2003 11:16 pm 
ditto axing

The moon to the tide, I can feel you inside

PostPosted: Sun Mar 23, 2003 12:56 pm 
Yeah, I agree about The Body. I tend to think Tara's bravery is an emotional one. That scene was just so intense, and so revealing, it involved bravory on so many levels. That was Tara doing her best through the worst.

Willow: "I'd just like to float something bigger than a pencil some day." …Prophetic much?

PostPosted: Wed Apr 09, 2003 3:01 pm 
Hmm, I went for role, cuz that includes standing up for Willow and supporting Buffy, and The Body

PostPosted: Thu Apr 17, 2003 3:11 am 
i don't think tara's strength lies in the physical i voted for telling off anya, but i think it would have either been "the body" or in "tabula rasa" when she left willow because she had to (plus her fight eairler on with her) that was a huge step from the shy tara she was in season 4.

make me wanna..,

PostPosted: Sat May 10, 2003 1:02 am 
Well, my choice wasn't listed: I would have to go w/ standing up to Glory in Tough Love. (At *what* cost) amazon defeats hellgod!

GG Otherwise, I would have gone for "heart of the group," as it seems to encompass all the others. Out

PostPosted: Sat May 10, 2003 5:04 am 
Well I like it when Tara stands upto Anya- that's what I chose from the poll. I love the way she says "understood" and folds her arms, like as if to say this is the end of the discussion. But I think in The body when she gives Willow that comfort kiss that is so full of love and she is Willow's strength I think that that is amazing I cry everytime I watch that part. Tara is Willow's rock.

Caz x x x

PostPosted: Wed Jun 18, 2003 11:54 am 
I went for role...cos she was the strongest out of all the Scoobies, in a way, she held the group together :D

~Sticks

A fire in my heart, reborn from the ashes...just call me Phoenix

I'm Under Your Spell, nothing I can do, you just took my soul with you...

PostPosted: Wed Oct 01, 2003 10:32 am 
I voted for the wrong one!!!! :sob

I wanted to vote for Older and Far Away and her sticking up for Anya but that'll teach me not read the question properly....

just Nicks

:glasses

PostPosted: Mon Oct 27, 2003 8:15 am 
"Hey! You're gonna back off!"

I mean, how sweet is that. Defending her soulmate from something that could and would have put her at risk. :happycry

My vote, telling Anya to back off.

Edited by: Warduke at: 10/27/03 7:58 am

PostPosted: Thu Dec 18, 2003 4:44 am 
Telling Anya to back off...it was so cute *melting*

Tara showed with that, that she still LOVES her willow:D

CU:wave

SoL/Natti

This is a duet, Amber! You need to sing!"- Tony

PostPosted: Wed Jan 21, 2004 4:01 pm 
Difficult. I personally think telling Anya to back off would have been really tough but, being the heart of the group is a continuous stress of strength.

:hmm

To accumulate merit and wisdom

PostPosted: Tue Apr 20, 2004 5:45 am 
I voted telling Anya to back off because it was one of the first time she really say what she thinks to one of the scoobies and this time it was not as "willow's girlfriend" because they weren't together at that time

And Anya can be one of the most dangerous scoobies

but I think she was always brave and strong

She also needed lots of strength to take the decision to leave willow because she still loved her

PostPosted: Tue Apr 20, 2004 6:13 pm 
i picked where she stands up to Anya

the first time i saw it i was like go tara she really showed strong character...i was so proud of her!!

PostPosted: Tue Jul 13, 2004 1:50 am 
telling Anya to back off and then seeing the look of hope on willows face.

brittney

PostPosted: Sat Nov 13, 2004 11:54 am 
I voted for when she told Anya to back off. I loved that episode becuase Tara was brave, and funny. When she told Anya to back off I was cheering at the TV lol.

Jess xxx

'You're my angel of salvation, and hope, and strength...your my multi-angel'-Jay (My baby)

.:~*My anime site*~:.

PostPosted: Wed Jul 11, 2007 2:36 pm 
Ms. Moderator Fantastico
Ms. Moderator Fantastico

:pinky Her perpetual role as the heart of the group :kitty