The Kitten, the Witches and the Bad Wardrobe - Willow & Tara Forever

General Chat  || Kitten  || WaV  || Pens  || Mi2  || GMP  || TiE  || FAQ  || Feed - The Kitten, the Witches and the Bad Wardrobe

All times are UTC - 8 hours [ DST ]

What was Tara’s worst ‘Up creek without a paddle’ moment?
Poll ended at Fri Nov 17, 2023 9:14 am
Existing 0%  0%  [ 0 ]
Walking Alone 0%  0%  [ 0 ]
Blowing Out Extra Flamey 0%  0%  [ 0 ]
Family 0%  0%  [ 0 ]
Sitting On Benches 33%  33%  [ 1 ]
Slapping Willow 33%  33%  [ 1 ]
Resurrecting Buffy 33%  33%  [ 1 ]
Moving Into 1630 Revello Drive 0%  0%  [ 0 ]
Moving Out Of 1630 Revello Drive 0%  0%  [ 0 ]
Opening The Door For Sophie 0%  0%  [ 0 ]
Anya's Bridesmaid 0%  0%  [ 0 ]
Standing In Doorways 0%  0%  [ 0 ]
Other(Please Say In Comments) 0%  0%  [ 0 ]
Total votes : 3
 Post subject: Row Redo
PostPosted: Fri Nov 10, 2023 9:14 am 
10. Troll Hammer

Topics: 138
If an image works, it works.

Up creek without a paddle

Let’s add some origin context -

“During the time of Nelson, wounded sailors would be taken here for admission at the Royal Naval Hospital Haslar, founded in 1753, from where they would recover or die. The wounded soldiers and the ships that had moored up in Solent would be taken up the Haslar Creek by a tramline, which gives rise to “up the creek without a paddle.” Most of these sailors were held prisoner here to prevent their deserting when in treatment. Some of them would escape via the sewers to get to the creek. They had no paddle, which made this hopeless. This explains why the idiom has gone on to mean being trapped, in trouble, or stuck.” – theidioms.com

Which brings us to this week’s poll –
“What was Tara’s worst ‘Up creek without a paddle’ moment?”

Existing – She’s a memory foam mattress without the grudge.
Walking Alone – If it’s not getting attacked by a demon, it’s being called a bitch by a cousin.
Blowing out Extra Flamey – There’s a blackout and she blows out the only lit candle. Room lighting isn’t her forte.
Family – Good for a kidney, not so much for company.
Sitting on Benches – If it’s not being called a bitch by a cousin, it’s getting her hand crushed and mind sucked.
Slapping Willow – We all have engineering needs but there’s no need to get slappy about it.
Resurrecting Buffy – Went against everything she believed, what did she expect to happen?
Moving into 1630 Revello Drive – If it’s not falling down the stairs, it’s the window smashing.
Moving out of 1630 Revello Drive – Does she exist if she’s not in the same shot of a Scooby or demon?
Opening the door for Sophie – In fairness she didn’t know they would be trapped in the house.
Anya’s Bridesmaid – She pulled the short straw being on sex poodle duty. How much more of the vows did she have to edit?
Standing in Doorways – Awkwardness, realisations and poetry.
Other – I’ve left off a lot regarding Willow.
Slayers

Slapping Willow – Nothing she can do, she has no mind, no control and the fact this is never referenced later is horrible as it no doubt would have crushed Tara knowing she did that. Does she remember? Did Willow tell her? It’s up creek without a paddle with the follow up of up creek without a paddle for both Tara and Willow.

*Rides in on a tricycle* Wanna play a game? - Five Minutes of Artistic Integrity - Those Three Little Words - Sassy Synonyms - Aradia's Antonyms

Post subject: Re: Row Redo
PostPosted: Fri Nov 10, 2023 3:01 pm 
Ms. Moderator Fantastico
Ms. Moderator Fantastico

Topics: 53
I think resurrecting Buffy without a doubt. She lost her main ore in life on that one, her common sense.

Check out my finished fics

Love, The SeriesTwo For Joy/21+/Joy To The WorldInevitable/Infinitely

Confidential EternalA Twisted DateDachsund Through The Snow

Post subject: Re: Row Redo
PostPosted: Sat Nov 11, 2023 5:31 am 
10. Troll Hammer

Topics: 138
I really don't get why Tara gets no blame for it. All of it on Willow.
Xander I kind of understand not getting much flack because all he contributed was his attendance. Anya acquired the Urn but Tara would have contributed so much knowledge for this, which goes beyond all reason than letting it happen in the first place.
They are all responsible, not just Willow.
It's only Anya who vocally blames Tara (all of them) but that doesn't exist.

It's some mighty ore to lose. She could have at least tried to paddle with her hands but no. I blame Mercury in retrograde.

*Rides in on a tricycle* Wanna play a game? - Five Minutes of Artistic Integrity - Those Three Little Words - Sassy Synonyms - Aradia's Antonyms