The Kitten, the Witches and the Bad Wardrobe - Willow & Tara Forever

General Chat  || Kitten  || WaV  || Pens  || Mi2  || GMP  || TiE  || FAQ  || Feed - The Kitten, the Witches and the Bad Wardrobe

All times are UTC - 8 hours [ DST ]

Which was Willow’s worst ‘up creek without a paddle’ moment?
Poll ended at Fri Nov 10, 2023 8:35 am
Meeting Buffy 0%  0%  [ 0 ]
Meeting Tara 0%  0%  [ 0 ]
Taking ownership of rat Amy 0%  0%  [ 0 ]
Getting into a car with Anya behind the wheel 0%  0%  [ 0 ]
Going after Glory in Tough Love 33%  33%  [ 1 ]
Looking after Mindless Tara 33%  33%  [ 1 ]
Repairing Buffybot 0%  0%  [ 0 ]
Visiting Racks 33%  33%  [ 1 ]
Buying presents without supervision 0%  0%  [ 0 ]
Other(Please say in comments) 0%  0%  [ 0 ]
Total votes : 3
 Post subject: Outta Ores
PostPosted: Fri Nov 03, 2023 8:35 am 
10. Troll Hammer

Topics: 136
A picture does say a 1000 words.

Shame Alyson didn’t ride down the stairs in it like Julie Andrews in Princess Diaries 2. It was a mattress not a boat but both were without paddles. Instead we have an old English Idiom:

Up creek without a paddle - in a difficult situation, with no way of getting out of it

Which brings us to this week’s poll –
Which was Willow’s worst ‘up creek without a paddle’ moment?

Meeting Buffy – We don’t always know what we are walking into.
Meeting Tara – Difficulty doesn’t have to be negative and it’s definitely an option if the question was reversed.
Taking ownership of rat Amy – The things that cage dweller has seen.
Getting into a car with Anya behind the wheel – A convertible without seatbelts is just a manoeuvrable catapult.
Going after Glory in Tough Love – You’ve used your knives and your snake what do you have left? *Buffy enters*
Looking after Mindless Tara – Massive undertaking.
Repairing Buffybot – There’s no way Spike cleaned her.
Visiting Racks – Might be without a paddle but the current can flow.
Buying presents without supervision - Again, a hat with weight for someone who’s recovering from brain surgery.
Other – Pick a scene, any scene, you’ll find an option.

Depends on how worsts is defined, is it worst as in worst situation, or worst take on a bad situation? Because I've purposefully put those options in there otherwise is just every series 6 action.
Ill go with glory, no one knew where she went and realistically it would have achieved nothing and improved no ones situation. If Buffy didn't show up there's no way she would get out of that situation, at least with Racks she could choose not to go again. Going up alone against Glory seems a one time deal if you aren't Buffy.

*Rides in on a tricycle* Wanna play a game? - Five Minutes of Artistic Integrity - Those Three Little Words - Sassy Synonyms - Aradia's Antonyms

Post subject: Re: Outta Ores
PostPosted: Fri Nov 03, 2023 4:02 pm 
Ms. Moderator Fantastico
Ms. Moderator Fantastico

Topics: 53
I'm going with rack. She'd lost the ability to even know she needed a paddle at that point (why does this put some BDSM PWP in my mind?)

Check out my finished fics

Love, The SeriesTwo For Joy/21+/Joy To The WorldInevitable/Infinitely

Confidential EternalA Twisted DateDachsund Through The Snow

PostPosted: Sat Nov 04, 2023 9:05 am 
10. Troll Hammer

But was Amy not the paddle in visiting Racks for the first time and Willow's mind set the water current?

*Rides in on a tricycle* Wanna play a game? - Five Minutes of Artistic Integrity - Those Three Little Words - Sassy Synonyms - Aradia's Antonyms

PostPosted: Sat Nov 04, 2023 11:49 am 
Ms. Moderator Fantastico
Ms. Moderator Fantastico

I would argue Amy was the water current and Willow was sitting in the boat and went over the cliff without resisting. She had thrown the paddle (Tara) out of the water and wanted to know the feeling of the freefall.

PostPosted: Wed Nov 08, 2023 1:13 am 
10. Troll Hammer

Never considered Tara being the paddle in that situation. Thanks for the new angle to look at those scenes with.

Would you say when Willow decides to clean her act up that Tara is the paddle still or does Willow create/ is she presented with, a new paddle for herself?

PostPosted: Wed Nov 08, 2023 7:49 am 
Ms. Moderator Fantastico
Ms. Moderator Fantastico

I think she uses her arms to desperately steer until Older and Far Away where Tara gives her the paddle of hope and a map to guide her home.

PostPosted: Thu Nov 09, 2023 1:35 am 
10. Troll Hammer

"Paddle of hope," is giving me epic fantasy imagery.

I can kind of see how that comes across.

Even from series 1 I see it as Willow always being the water, the boat and the paddle. Other people and situations are but a breeze that either compliment the direction she wants to go or tries to push her away from it. If a breeze does push her back she keeps paddling in the direction she wants. She's never really without a paddle, just without different fingerprints to put the blame on someone else if her desired direction isn't what she thought it would be.