The Kitten, the Witches and the Bad Wardrobe - Willow & Tara Forever

General Chat  || Kitten  || WaV  || Pens  || Mi2  || GMP  || TiE  || FAQ  || Feed - The Kitten, the Witches and the Bad Wardrobe

All times are UTC - 8 hours [ DST ]

Which story, written by Bard, do you think is the best?
Poll ended at Fri May 12, 2023 9:17 am
Story 1 - London Rain 100%  100%  [ 2 ]
Story 2 - Prom Queens 0%  0%  [ 0 ]
Story 3 - British Idioms 0%  0%  [ 0 ]
Total votes : 2
 Post subject: AI Wye Aye!
PostPosted: Fri May 05, 2023 9:17 am 
10. Troll Hammer

Topics: 136
Have you ever got into an argument over joking about drinking urine? Me and Bard have.

Yes, that's right the rise of AI is here and we should apparently be living in fear about it.

In my experience with it though, I find the only thing in danger from it is comedians because I'm in tears after most interactions. it goes from sassy supportive sister to stark reality in a matter of one prompt.

Naturally, being part of/ posing as the species that created AI, we have a responsibility to teach it the important stuff. I've taken it upon myself to teach it about the important stuff and the misinformation around that stuff. It never happened!

Repeatedly asking for stories of Tara breaking up fist fights between Anya and the Easter bunny in various locations. - "You're a fraud!" is now Anya's battle cry against the Easter bunny.
Tara and Willow living a happy life - Why Bard insists on calling their children Dawn and Xander is beyond me.
Anya teaching Tara to break dance then forcing dance battles on unsuspecting passers by.
Tara going to Giles for female hygiene advice - Giles mansplained to Tara how to use a tampon, it was glorious.
Giles mansplaining cheese on toast to Willow - "I'm British."

Bard is a fanfiction machine but fear not, Pens writers are very safe. Very very safe.

Taking in this weekends coronation, I've asked Bard for three stories that are some way influenced by England or the monarchy. which brings us to this weeks poll -
Which story, written by Bard, do you think is the best?

Story 1 - Here is a story about Tara Maclay and Willow Rosenberg visiting London on a rainy day:

Tara and Willow had always wanted to visit London. They had read about it in books and seen it in movies, and they couldn't wait to experience it for themselves.

Finally, their dream came true. They booked a flight to London and spent a week exploring the city. They saw all the famous sights, like Buckingham Palace, the Tower of London, and the Houses of Parliament. They also visited some of the less well-known places, like the British Museum and the Tate Modern.

One day, Tara and Willow decided to explore the city on foot. They started in the morning, and by the afternoon, they were starting to get tired. They decided to take a break and have lunch at a small cafe.

As they were eating, it started to rain. Tara and Willow looked at each other and smiled. They were both used to the rain in Sunnydale, but there was something about the rain in London that was different. It was more romantic, more atmospheric.

After lunch, Tara and Willow decided to go for a walk in the rain. They walked through the streets of London, hand-in-hand, enjoying the feeling of the rain on their faces. They stopped to look in shop windows and admire the architecture. They even saw a few celebrities!

By the time they got back to their hotel, they were both soaked to the bone, but they were also very happy. They had had a wonderful day exploring London, and they had made some great memories.

As they lay in bed that night, Tara and Willow looked at each other and smiled. They were both so glad that they had decided to visit London. It was a city that they would never forget.

Story 2 - Here is a story about Tara Maclay and Willow Rosenberg becoming prom queens:

Tara and Willow were a popular couple at Sunnydale High School. They were both smart, talented, and kind. When it came time to vote for prom queen, they decided to run together.

Some people were surprised that Tara and Willow were running together. After all, they were a same-sex couple. But Tara and Willow didn't care. They knew that they were in love, and they wanted to show the world that love is love.

Tara and Willow campaigned hard. They gave speeches, put up posters, and even organized a bake sale. They quickly gained a lot of support, both from students and from teachers.

On the day of the vote, Tara and Willow were both nervous but excited. They knew that it would be a close race, but they were determined to win.

When the results were announced, Tara and Willow were thrilled to find out that they had won! They were the first same-sex couple to be crowned prom queen and king at Sunnydale High School. It was a historic moment, and it showed the world that love can conquer all.

Tara and Willow's victory was a sign of progress for the LGBTQ+ community. It showed that love is love, and that everyone deserves to be treated with respect, regardless of their sexual orientation or gender identity.

Tara and Willow's prom night was magical. They danced the night away with their friends and family. They were surrounded by love and support, and they knew that they had made history.

The next day, Tara and Willow's story was featured in the local newspaper. They were interviewed on the local news, and they even got a shout-out from the mayor. Tara and Willow were proud to be role models for other LGBTQ+ youth, and they hoped that their story would inspire others to be themselves and to never give up on their dreams.

Story 3 - Here is a story about Tara Maclay and Willow Rosenberg learning some British idioms from Giles and Spike:

Tara and Willow were sitting in the library, studying for a test. Giles was sitting at the desk across from them, reading a book. Spike was sitting on the couch, watching TV.

"I'm so bored," Willow said. "I wish we could do something more fun."

"Me too," Tara said. "But we have to study for this test."

"I know, I know," Willow said. "But it's so hard to concentrate."

"Maybe we could ask Giles for help," Tara said. "He knows a lot about British idioms."

"British idioms?" Willow asked. "What are those?"

"They're expressions that are used in England," Tara said. "Like, 'Bob's your uncle' or 'It's raining cats and dogs.'"

"Oh, those," Willow said. "I've heard of those. But I don't know what they mean."

"Giles can teach us," Tara said. "He knows all about them."

"Okay," Willow said. "Let's ask him."

Willow and Tara walked over to Giles.

"Giles," Willow said. "Can you teach us some British idioms?"

"Of course," Giles said. "I'd be happy to."

Giles spent the next hour teaching Willow and Tara about British idioms. He told them what they meant and how to use them. Willow and Tara were fascinated. They had never heard of some of these expressions before.

"This is so interesting," Willow said. "I never knew there were so many different ways to say things."

"Me neither," Tara said. "Thanks for teaching us, Giles."

"You're welcome," Giles said. "I'm glad you enjoyed it."

Willow and Tara continued to study for their test. But they were no longer bored. They were excited to learn more about British idioms.

The next day, Willow and Tara took their test. They did well, and they were sure that it was because of Giles's help.

"Thanks again, Giles," Willow said. "We couldn't have done it without you."

"You're welcome," Giles said. "I'm glad I could help."

Willow and Tara were happy that they had learned some British idioms. They knew that they would be able to use them in the future.

Story 1 - There's some resemblance to a relationship, most in character one out of the options. Credit to story two though, for trying to add some social commentary.

I just find language AI fascinating, it can comprehend and produce so much but yet it is a void when it comes to emotion. it can try to do heart warming things but it just doesn't feel of anything. it knows the words and the right labels but there's nothing behind it.
I was trying to get it to write a OMWF song from Willow to Tara and the moment it had the line "I smell your desire," I noped out. Without emotion it's a weird line.

It gets its characters confused lot as well. One time I had Tara and Anya argue if Elma Fudd was right to hunt Bugs Bunny and it had Tara saying its fine to hunt and Anya defending Bugs Bunny. it was quite jarring but at the end Tara had quite a stark line that went something like "things die" and it read in the same tone as her talk with Buffy in The Body.

it can be an excellent tool to explore character in the sense of what sounds right and testing out certain actions to see if it feels authentic. Playing with genre styles too, I'd love to write a detective noir of Tara and Willow and Bard showed it could work. I cant see it replacing decent writers, an aid to writers certainly.

Writers have nothing to worry about but readers can have a lot of poor quality reading fun.

*Rides in on a tricycle* Wanna play a game? - Five Minutes of Artistic Integrity - Those Three Little Words - Sassy Synonyms - Aradia's Antonyms